How is Bleem! for PC?

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Just broke my second Ps. I am thiking about getting a PsOne w/the monitor, and the battery back up--the whole package. But meanwhile, I still want to play Ps somehow. I know that some titles are incompatible, but how is Bleem! overall? Thanks.

------------------
ffmw_terry.gif

"Come on, get serious!"

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Bleem is fairly compatible. Bleem sacrifices emulation quality for enhanced resolution on the graphics. The increased graphics are hardly noticable.
VGS "Video Game Station" , on the other hand , goes for quality emulation and programming with better compatability but graphics are at regular resolution.

I use VGS on my Mac and PC

------------------
last9.gif

Shuuchan

Crossed Swords Squire
I have bleem! Ive heard people complain about the compatibility, I 've only tried it with Mega Man X5, Castlevania and Metal Gear Solid. They all worked OK. Some sound errors.
I cant get enhanced graphics on my PC in fact everything runs a little slow(300MHz no Graphic accelerater, 64MB RAM)

It might be cool if you have a good PC for the enhanced graphics.

------------------
mendo21.gif

-Shuuchan

S

Silent_Scope

Master Terry: Just wonder how can you break two PS consoles? I'm afraid you'll break another one once you get PSOne.........

------------------
Silent_Scope
norikos.jpg

My dream girl....where are you?

J

jethrek

Your PC has to be a decent speed to use Bleem, of course. It's pretty nice (especially since you can make screen grabs without a capture card), but some errors. I'm hoping for Bleemcast, that should work better (April 7th's the new date, let's hope it actually comes out this time)

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Bleem! should be called bleep, after all the ****, and **** curses you shout out after trying the blasted thing. Too many glitches & compatibilty issues. Just got a Moded Ps One at College Park. I will probably get the screen & the battery pack soon as well. To it's credit, Bleem is easy to work with, cheap, and there are number of games that work fairly well w/it. It's also maybe good for others as a second option. But honestly, I think it's a poor man's PS. In this case, I would say "accept no substitute"--go for the real thing.

------------------
ffmw_terry.gif

"Come on, get serious!"