Most useless console

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
This topic might be rehash, not sure, but anyway... what's your vote for most useless console of all time?

My vote goes to the Game.com or con or whatever its called. It truly defines a what a piece of crap is.

I am willing to part with mine for $15 and I will throw in a copy of Mortal Kombat Trilogy! Hurry, supply is limited to one game.con!

Game.com is crap, but there is always Lights Out right! Other than that I would have to go with the 32x. They are such a pain to hook up and are plagued with problems. There are a few games that are acceptable but that's about it. And we can't forget the almighty craptacular PoS2. Blach...

NSX-T

Amusaka's Lacky
That would be 32X. My 32X never worked correctly. UNLESS crap.

K

kyoisthekof

Most useless console for me so far has been my Saturn to be honest. I totally blew the mod job on that (don't ask how... I really can't believe I did that) and it's never going to work right again...

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Although I own one... I have to say the Jaguar. I have someting like 32 games for it and there is 1 game out of all of them that I consider good, and that is Tempest 2000. The rest have extremely poor gameplay, and just all around suck.

I dont want to bash any of the old school systems, because they were new in the industry and learning a lot in the technology. And I got to admit, I still play Spider Fighter on 2600.

I agree the 32X was pointless, but I dont really call it a console/system, more of a add on.

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
That portable TV tuner/Turbo Graphx 16 thing.
tongue.gif

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Neo Rasa, I HOPE you are NOT referring to the Turbo Express? Anyway, my vote goes to the PS2 and the Jaguar...

------------------
b3_bonkbonk.gif
- Its what OCD is all about!

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kyoisthekof:
Most useless console for me so far has been my Saturn to be honest. I totally blew the mod job on that (don't ask how... I really can't believe I did that) and it's never going to work right again...

What did you do to it? FUBAR the jumpers or the board? I might be able to do something with it yet.

------------------
-BioMotor_Unitron
ani_u_tan_kun.gif

Coming To Theatres This Summer: Chimps Packing Heat: The Movie

D

DigiPunk

PS2 - No good games for it @ all
Jaguar - 2 good games
32X - no good games

------------------

PSO- Look for me as !GigaShock!, Primpcess, or Rolf on Ship:Titania Room:Neo Geo World

Apathy Wind

Cheng's Errand Boy
As bad as some of those others were I still gotta go with Nintendo's Virtual Boy (the unportable portable!). For Christ's sake it had a tripod!! Not to mention having vector graphics, no games, and a two color display...... Ugh

D

Digital_Dreams

The PS2.All it is is a half-assed DVD player and a PSX.

S

Silent_Scope

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Neo Rasa:
That portable TV tuner/Turbo Graphx 16 thing.
tongue.gif
you want to sell it?

------------------
Strength and Honor

Silent_Scope
"You have to defeat Goemon and Yae to stand a chance"
fetch.dll

K

kyoisthekof

I'm still unsure of what I did to it. It still plays games great, but I can't use my 4 in 1 anymore, and I can't use a gameshark anymore. I don't have the mod chip installed, I messed up the process somehow. Basically I was installing a mod chip because I'd come across a back up service for games, as I have been collecting Saturn games that are unopened, and wanted to leave them that way. So I'd buy backups when I got them. Of course, I wanted to play those... Never worked out, I suppose I'll never play that copy of Radient Silvergun..

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
Silent_Scope: It's seriously one of the most foolish systems ever made.

You can have it over my dead body.
smile.gif

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kyoisthekof:
I'm still unsure of what I did to it. It still plays games great, but I can't use my 4 in 1 anymore, and I can't use a gameshark anymore. I don't have the mod chip installed, I messed up the process somehow. Basically I was installing a mod chip because I'd come across a back up service for games, as I have been collecting Saturn games that are unopened, and wanted to leave them that way. So I'd buy backups when I got them. Of course, I wanted to play those... Never worked out, I suppose I'll never play that copy of Radient Silvergun..

Sorry, I have not installed mod chips, only modded Saturns for playing imports. No chip required, just a switch and a bit of rewiring.

------------------
-BioMotor_Unitron
ani_u_tan_kun.gif

K

kyoisthekof

That's cool. What I think I'm going to do is just purchase a pre-modded Saturn from an online retailor, when I get around to it.

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
You can get a kit with instructions for $10.00 from NCSX. I realise you might not want to after your experience with the mod chip, but modding for imports is much easier.

------------------
-BioMotor_Unitron
ani_u_tan_kun.gif

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
I noticed a number of you dislike the PS2. I think its great that there are real gamers that didnt fall for all the hype, and realize the PS2 has absolutely nothing good on it. I sold my old one, I may buy another one when Sega releases some stuff on it.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Most useless

that's easy

THE AMIGA CD32

Basically it was an Amiga 1200 with a cd drive. It did not play an special games that the amiga could not already play and it cost just as much. OK sure it had a cd player and the Amiga 1200 only came with a floppy...but you could buy an external cd drive and it did not offer much of anything else.

Most useless console IMO. If you wanted an amiga just buy one....

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
hmmm, if nuon doesnt count, id go for either pos2, or gamecom

remember jaguar did have rayman! i really want one of thoes

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Big Bruno:
Most useless

that's easy

THE AMIGA CD32
B]

I second that! I keep forgeting about that system. Mine is just sitting in it's box in my closet... I'm still wondering why I bought it.. oh yeah, I was drunk at the time..