Dreamcast and SNK games???

Gamemaster

20 Year Member
Well i think its almost good as on NG but at the real thing its best. In germany u will have a lot of trouble to get some 2 D Fighters for DC. So u can try out to get a US import for urself but it will be difficult to get it here because of toll and laws. Reselling is illegal in germany thats why. I would love to put my NGPC on a DC but with no worthy Games on DC i wait for a lower price......

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Well generally speaking about SNK games to Dreamcast or Playstation and even the Saturn, I think that some of these ports were really good and some just plain stank. I have to admit I like having them in their Raw original format but I wish that SNK had....thought more about what games they should have ported to other console systems. My best example is Samurai Shodown III and Last Blade to the playstation. Why? Samurai Shodown III was by most people's thoughts considered to be the worst of the series and Last Blade tho being an awesome game had no place being on a system that could not handle the the amount of sprite pushing that game does. I'm not saying it's a total bad port but after you play the Neo Cart of Neo CD version's for that matter of these games, the PS versions leave a lot to be desired. Also sometimes I think SNK got lazy with their ports to other systems as well. The Sega Saturn version of Samurai Shodown III was an excellent port and yet when I played Part IV on the Saturn I was like 'What the hell?'.
So whenever I think about how much Neo Carts cost and I realize that at times the prices are very high. I think that more often in some cases we are paying to own that perfect home post. Oh quick note, KoF 99 DM on DC was nice and well as 99 Evolution and Kinda makes me wish the Neo*Geo had some 3D properties within it's hardware to showcase some cool effects. Of course the Neo does some great 2D effect as well so I won't bitch too much about this. It's all about the games
smile.gif

BonusKun

[This message has been edited by BonusKun (edited 08-15-2000).]

C

charles

Well we all know the 16-bit market is dying out slowly, but surely. And with the restructuring in SNK Japan who knows what's gonna happen?

Rumors are circulating that Capcom will carry on the Samurai Shodown, Fatal Fury, etc name. I'm not sure how to feel about this, but Capcom will definitely develop these games for Naomi.

I can't wait to see what will happen though. Others are saying that SNK will be releasing Metal Slug 4, Mark of the Wolves 2 and Samurai Shodown 5 on Japanese home cart and MVS. Who knows what will happen?

If this isn't the case, start expecting to see newer games on Naomi.

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Though it was not exactly like the Neo Geo games,I liked most SNK games port by the Saturn, and now Dream Cast. I hope Capcom can somehow bring in more Neo Geo related games after they release Snk vs Capcom.

Ukyo

20 Year Member
Metal Slug on Saturn with the 1 meger was insane...I think it had just about all the frames in there and the slowdown to go with it...but thats what Metal Slugs all about...it needs a mother of a 2-D power house to run it...the MAX 330 MEGA PRO GEAR SPEC...BLAST INTO UN-ENDING EXCITEMENT!!!

-Ukyo

I

Illicious

Man they should bring out SNK games on the Dreamcast so at least it can grow more popular and be updated more often.

I really cant afford the Neo carts no more especially since the death of the Neo CD.

So whay not Bring it out on the other systems cuz how would you really see a SNK vs Capcom 4 on 4 on the SNK 16 bit cart system?

Snk should become a third party suppoter and worrie about its hardwear systems later cuz at least the could make some money like that and not make dumb copy machines.

Dam, and they were supposed to come out with they Hyper 64 and look what happend.
I was saving up for that system but forget it now.
Thats another thing - SNK wont release their classic or recently new title out on other high end systems like Warrior's Rage 2, Metal Slug X, Real bout series, ect ect.

Dam i gotta say to Shawn that this is the coolest forum ive seen yet.

Massiahz

Shawn

snkusa.com
Originally posted by Illicious:
Dam i gotta say to Shawn that this is the coolest forum ive seen yet.

Glad you like. So far it’s been virtually trouble free maintenance wise. I’m pleased with the popularity this board is experiencing. I feel like my $200 investment and weekend of installing/customizing has paid off. Billkwando almost talked me out of adding this board. He said that there was nothing worse than a dead bb on your site. The only regret I have is not setting this board up earlier than I did.

ZERO.X

Quiz Detective
I'm actually fairly new with all that is SNK. The first SNK game I owned was Sonic for NGPC(got the special package!). I got NGPC basically cuz of Sega and Capcom(Saturn, baby!!!). After I got Sonic, CFC, and MotM for Christmas, I got MS2nd Mission. That game kicked ass. Then I got Faselei!, and it was also extremely good. Then I got Magical Drop Pocket, PuyoPop, Bust-A-Move Pocket, and KoF R-2. Loved all of them. Then I got KoF DM 99. That game was extremely good, too.

Basically, most of that was babbling. But I'm just trying to give you the newbie point of view.

KoF DM 99 had great gameplay and characters, but did lack extras and replay value. KoF R-2 had more extras and replay value. I loved the game. I also loved SFA3 and all those other Capcom games.

You know what? I lost the point of this long post. It could have been shorter, but what are you going to?