PDA

View Full Version : Terraonion SNES flash cart

roker
06-18-2020, 12:32 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/terraonion/status/1273267518648524800

We have plenty of awesome ideas, but what would you like to see on a new SNES flashcart?

So there isn't an official announcement but this tweet. Apparently it drew some criticism and people are demanding a ps2 ode.

With the SD2SNES being what it is, what more can you do with a SNES flash cart?

Burning Fight!!
06-18-2020, 12:42 PM
Damn, he really is assblasted by the Everdrive Pro. :snack:

GohanX
06-18-2020, 01:57 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/terraonion/status/1273267518648524800

With the SD2SNES being what it is, what more can you do with a SNES flash cart?

This is my main question as well. The SD2SNES does everything you'd want at this point, about the only thing you could improve on is perfect Super FX performance (they may have already done this on SD2SNES, haven't updated in a while) and maybe integrate a Super Gameboy? TO doesn't sell stuff cheap, I'm not sure what they can do that would make me want to ditch my SD2SNES and buy their product for what will likely cost much more.

titchgamer
06-18-2020, 02:04 PM
I dont see the point, But they certainly aint made any friends with the SNES community lately anyways after they fired shots at Ikari.

Hattori Hanzo
06-18-2020, 03:14 PM
Ikari did a great job with the SD2SNES. <3 Didn't buy a single SNES game since I got it and there is no need to buy the TO cart.

Syn
06-18-2020, 04:01 PM
I guess nes and gameboy coverage would help sell them. As it is a lower cost...hahaha...would work.

ChopstickSamurai
06-18-2020, 04:25 PM
Terraonion has been creating exciting products that didnít exist before. Iím sure most people who want a SNES cart already have one like myself. I donít see any reason to upgrade from my SD2SNES unless it has some killer feature that no one has thought of before.

opt2not
06-18-2020, 04:56 PM
I dont see the point, But they certainly aint made any friends with the SNES community lately anyways after they fired shots at Ikari.

Alex ended up closing his twitter account from this drama.

titchgamer
06-18-2020, 05:10 PM
Alex ended up closing his twitter account from this drama.

Yup, I dont know anything about the situ really but from what I read he fecked up and knows it.

Yodd
06-18-2020, 07:19 PM
We have some great stuff planned for the SNES cart.

While the SD2SNES is great, I donít get the mentality that providing consumers with a choice is bad. Competition ultimately benefits the consumer.

And our cartridge will not be more expensive than the SD2SNES.

roker
06-18-2020, 07:52 PM
I don’t get the mentality that providing consumers with a choice is bad.

I think that's because of the way this Alex character came off.

I welcome competition. I bought a shitty Chinese SNES flash cart and welcome something a bit more palatable than the $200 SD2SNES option.

TO makes great products, just shitty PR.

XxHennersXx
06-18-2020, 08:20 PM
Unless they nail that remaining 0.2% compatibility and maybe add an NES if GBC core I donít see a lot of people going for it.

ChopstickSamurai
06-18-2020, 10:26 PM
Yup, I dont know anything about the situ really but from what I read he fecked up and knows it.

There is so much drama I this hobby and itís completely unnecessary. So what did he say that made him self delete? It couldnít be any worse than how that Piko Interactive guy acts.

xb74
06-19-2020, 12:24 AM
just shitty PR.

Ppl from various game forums/communities tell me TO behave this way. Why would anyone want to grenade their own rep?

titchgamer
06-19-2020, 03:47 AM

While the SD2SNES is great, I donít get the mentality that providing consumers with a choice is bad. Competition ultimately benefits the consumer.

Out of interest Yodd,
Why go after a SNES flash cart of all things?
I mean the SD2SNES has extremely good compatibility (over 99% if I recall) is nailing that <1% really worth it?

Why not go after a PS1 ODE which would be guaranteed sales and a massive earner?
The only competition to that is PSIO and that is loosing confidence with end users.

Having a pop at someone like ikari and then taking on his very well respected wares just dont seem good business sense to me.

I agree competition is healthy but not like that.

There is so much drama I this hobby and itís completely unnecessary. So what did he say that made him self delete? It couldnít be any worse than how that Piko Interactive guy acts.

I think it all stemmed from that tweet above, Alec took some heavy back lash from it I understand.

From what I gather TO approached Ikari for his source code etc, He said no then they publicly attacked him on twitter.
Then apparently offered him a job?

I dunno but I agree with you that this shit is unnecessary.

Yodd
06-19-2020, 08:55 AM
You guys need some context as the conclusion (based off that tweet) is completely wrong.

While we have our own Discord server, we also have a channel on the Classic Gaming Discord. There are also channels for MiSTer, Retroarch and SD2SNES.

In our channel someone was going on and on saying that we should do a SNES cart. The conversation went back and forth and eventually someone is like "why don't you just use SD2SNES as the basis. It's open source after all".

So Alex went into the SD2SNES channel and @'d Ikari asking if we could license the SD2SNES software. I.E pay money to have a license to use it. We would design our own cartridge pcb and port over his software and add on whatever we wanted to complete our SNES cart. And holy shit, there were a couple very unhappy campers about that. Alex was almost immediately attacked by a user who said it would be "unethical" for Ikari to license his software since Krikzz already produces the SD2SNES carts (newsflash: it wouldn't be). So this argument went back and forth with multiple users arguing one side and then the other. Ikari wasn't active at the time and didn't see any of this until later.

At some point the conversation got dragged to Twitter and that tweet that was pictured above was sent in response to Alex getting tagged. And the "There is nothing better to make someone work than fear" wasn't directed at Ikari. It was directed at Krikzz. And anyone who had been following the conversation on the Discord would have known that however that context was lost on Twitter. Krikzz has been milking the Mega Drive flashcart market for 10 years with no competition until we released the MegaSD. That's what Alex was referring to. We put Krikzz into panic mode with the MegaSD and he had to respond.

Later on Ikari finally responded on Discord saying he wished Alex had contacted him in private to have avoided all of this mess (which we agree with). He didn't feel comfortable licensing it to us due to his relationship with Krikzz. So Alex made him a job offer. Come work with us on this and other projects. Ikari turned it down for now as he wants to continue working on the SD2SNES cart. However he mentioned he might be available next year so he wasn't ruling it out.

So there is the context to that tweet.

And we won't be using any SD2SNES code going forward as we have licensed the SNES MiSTer core code from srg320. We will build off that foundation.

titchgamer
06-19-2020, 09:25 AM
You guys need some context as the conclusion (based off that tweet) is completely wrong.

While we have our own Discord server, we also have a channel on the Classic Gaming Discord. There are also channels for MiSTer, Retroarch and SD2SNES.

In our channel someone was going on and on saying that we should do a SNES cart. The conversation went back and forth and eventually someone is like "why don't you just use SD2SNES as the basis. It's open source after all".

So Alex went into the SD2SNES channel and @'d Ikari asking if we could license the SD2SNES software. I.E pay money to have a license to use it. We would design our own cartridge pcb and port over his software and add on whatever we wanted to complete our SNES cart. And holy shit, there were a couple very unhappy campers about that. Alex was almost immediately attacked by a user who said it would be "unethical" for Ikari to license his software since Krikzz already produces the SD2SNES carts (newsflash: it wouldn't be). So this argument went back and forth with multiple users arguing one side and then the other. Ikari wasn't active at the time and didn't see any of this until later.

At some point the conversation got dragged to Twitter and that tweet that was pictured above was sent in response to Alex getting tagged. And the "There is nothing better to make someone work than fear" wasn't directed at Ikari. It was directed at Krikzz. And anyone who had been following the conversation on the Discord would have known that however that context was lost on Twitter. Krikzz has been milking the Mega Drive flashcart market for 10 years with no competition until we released the MegaSD. That's what Alex was referring to. We put Krikzz into panic mode with the MegaSD and he had to respond.

Later on Ikari finally responded on Discord saying he wished Alex had contacted him in private to have avoided all of this mess (which we agree with). He didn't feel comfortable licensing it to us due to his relationship with Krikzz. So Alex made him a job offer. Come work with us on this and other projects. Ikari turned it down for now as he wants to continue working on the SD2SNES cart. However he mentioned he might be available next year so he wasn't ruling it out.

And we won't be using any SD2SNES code going forward as we have licensed the SNES MiSTer core code from srg320. We will build off that foundation.

Cheers for the clarification Yodd.

Context is important :)

Still dont know why you dont try to develop something for PS1 though :p

Neo Alec
06-19-2020, 10:10 AM
SD2SNES doesn't have official save state support last I checked. The unofficial firmware that has it will erase all the saves on the cart if you accidentally hit the wrong button combo.

ggallegos1
06-19-2020, 12:34 PM
I'd love to see how this product plays out and differentiates from the SD2SNES.

It is unfortunate that these PR issues continue to hamper the otherwise stellar products. I know I hesitate to purchase these products just on PR alone, but can't deny their value to the community.

fenikso
06-19-2020, 04:04 PM
For those wondering who would want a TerraOnion produced SNES flashcart, I can say that I'm definitely onboard for one. I haven't purchased a SNES flashcart yet, and will probably get TO's whenever it's released.

FilthyRear
06-19-2020, 04:15 PM

whatever the "context", who in their right mind -that owns a company - would say something like that on social media to begin with?

Yodd
06-19-2020, 04:24 PM
whatever the "context", who in their right mind -that owns a company - would say something like that on social media to begin with?

Arguments get heated. Stuff happens.

We all say stuff in the heat of the moment that later we look back on and say "yeah, that was stupid".

gusmoney
06-19-2020, 05:14 PM

We all say stuff in the heat of the moment that later we look back on and say "yeah, that was stupid".

Your boy has a history of it.

https://i.imgur.com/RQ6pr2hh.jpg

Yodd
06-19-2020, 05:48 PM
Well, heís Spanish after all.
:lolz:

Digmac
06-19-2020, 08:18 PM
Well, he’s Spanish after all.

Stop covering for absolutely horrible customer service on premium products. It's BS and you know it. If you have to cover for all the crap that TO spews out to its customers, you're an idiot. They don't take care of their customers at all who are spending big bux on these products. Simple as that.

xb74
06-19-2020, 08:56 PM
I see the problem here - using Twitter and Discord. You guys should know better.

Yodd
06-19-2020, 08:59 PM
Stop covering for absolutely horrible customer service on premium products. It's BS and you know it. If you have to cover for all the crap that TO spews out to its customers, you're an idiot. They don't take care of their customers at all who are spending big bux on these products. Simple as that.

Since Iím the one that deals with customers and tech support, you care to back that statement up?

Digmac
06-19-2020, 09:19 PM
Since I’m the one that deals with customers and tech support, you care to back that statement up?

If you take care of all customer interaction then why is neosd on here stirring the pot with people and acting like a dick? Why did the whole situation with Razo happen and end up going so poorly? I know other people off the forum who have had issues with TO. If you take care of customer service, then why is it so nonexistent for some?

FilthyRear
06-19-2020, 09:27 PM

Well, heís Spanish after all.

What a shitty image TO projects to the world - deriding the community you want money from.

Since Iím the one that deals with customers and tech support, you care to back that statement up?

I'll help:

At some point the conversation got dragged to Twitter and that tweet that was pictured above was sent in response to Alex getting tagged. And the "There is nothing better to make someone work than fear" wasn't directed at Ikari. It was directed at Krikzz. And anyone who had been following the conversation on the Discord would have known that however that context was lost on Twitter. Krikzz has been milking the Mega Drive flashcart market for 10 years with no competition until we released the MegaSD. That's what Alex was referring to. We put Krikzz into panic mode with the MegaSD and he had to respond.♥

Later on Ikari finally responded on Discord saying he wished Alex had contacted him in private to have avoided all of this mess (which we agree with). He didn't feel comfortable licensing it to us due to his relationship with Krikzz. So Alex made him a job offer. Come work with us on this and other projects. Ikari turned it down for now as he wants to continue working on the SD2SNES cart. However he mentioned he might be available next year so he wasn't ruling it out.♥

So there is the context to that tweet.♥

Maybe you should keep your boss on a shorter leash or they should get their money back from you because your "PR skillz" are garbage.

madman
06-19-2020, 09:42 PM
It's sad how much of a fuckin' dick Yodd became once he got some "power" in a Discord channel and started making videos. Used to be a super nice guy and one of the good ones on here like mjmjmjmjmjmjjjr.

gusmoney
06-19-2020, 09:50 PM
broken is a good guy he just works with shit ppl, been there done that.

ggallegos1
06-19-2020, 09:57 PM
broken is a good guy he just works with shit ppl, been there done that.This. Never had an issue with him, but Alex is definitely not one for being friendly online.

You still making videos Yodd?

Yodd
06-19-2020, 10:42 PM
If you take care of all customer interaction then why is neosd on here stirring the pot with people and acting like a dick? Why did the whole situation with Razo happen and end up going so poorly? I know other people off the forum who have had issues with TO. If you take care of customer service, then why is it so nonexistent for some?

The situation with Razo didn't need to happen and I wish it hadn't. However I have been staying in contact with him and should have his replacement cart in his hands in probably the next two weeks. We didn't have any extra carts on hand and had to wait until the next production cycle for more to be built. Then Covid screwed up everything for everyone.

However we will ship him his replacement cart very soon and going forward we are making sure to maintain a small stock of all of our products for warranty purposes. So that way, when something like this happens even when we don't "officially" have stock, we can still do warranty swaps.

As far as other people having issues, I can't attest to what is going on there. If they have an issue with a TO product, they can always email support@terraonion.com (which I take care of), they can tag us in a Tweet (I maintain the TO twitter account), they can PM me here on this forum or on the TO forum. Basically get in touch with me and I will do everything I can to take care of the situation.

You still making videos Yodd?

When I have free time I occasionally do.

wataru330
06-19-2020, 10:52 PM
Meh.

Where the CPS1 multi at?

gusmoney
06-19-2020, 11:33 PM
Meh.

Where the CPS1 multi at?

MiSTer

tangemo
06-20-2020, 12:54 AM
SD2SNES doesn't have official save state support last I checked. The unofficial firmware that has it will erase all the saves on the cart if you accidentally hit the wrong button combo.

This.

Now the latest SD2SNES has become the FXPAK pro. It's moving more into that last 1% compatibility but I'd really like to see someone figure out save state support in a SNES flashcart.

Neo Alec
06-20-2020, 02:50 PM
This.

Now the latest SD2SNES has become the FXPAK pro. It's moving more into that last 1% compatibility but I'd really like to see someone figure out save state support in a SNES flashcart.
I'm still using the fan-made SD2SNES firmware. Save states are too important for busy adults playing old games. Lack of save states is the reason I'm not playing through many Turbografx games.

If anyone makes another SNES flashcart, there is only one open lane, and that's the one with save state support. Other than that, what else are you bringing to the table? Lower price maybe?

radiantsvgun
06-20-2020, 04:01 PM
I'm still using the fan-made SD2SNES firmware. Save states are too important for busy adults playing old games. Lack of save states is the reason I'm not playing through many Turbografx games.

If anyone makes another SNES flashcart, there is only one open lane, and that's the one with save state support. Other than that, what else are you bringing to the table? Lower price maybe?

Lol needing save states.

Unless they can make a better product at a lower cost, there isn’t any point to another snes flash cart.

Cps1 multi or a cps1 fpga A board.

ggallegos1
06-20-2020, 04:37 PM

if that is what is being included, than I'd consider it. I simply don't have the time or patience to just "git gud" in these games anymore, I want to enjoy it at my pace and get to the end.

wyo
06-20-2020, 04:39 PM
Save states might be handy for practice I suppose but I've never used them.

If it's a matter of a game being too long, you can just pause it and leave the system on. Didn't some Japanese guy leave his system on for 20 years without issue?

titchgamer
06-20-2020, 04:41 PM

If it's a matter of a game being too long, you can just pause it and leave the system on. Didn't some Japanese guy leave his system on for 20 years without issue?

What game takes 20 years to complete? :o

If I want save states I play via emulation, Dont normally need them unless its a absolute fucker of a game.

Neo Alec
06-20-2020, 05:20 PM
Lol needing save states.

Unless they can make a better product at a lower cost, there isn’t any point to another snes flash cart.

No idea what's "lol" about that. I'm using them to be able to pick up where I left off; not for cheating. The Neo doesn't really need them, for example, because the games are short and have memory card save.

I would never leave the system on that long. Sometimes it's days or weeks before I come back to it.

heihachi
06-20-2020, 06:01 PM

I agree that competition is good and wouldnít discourage TO from making it. But know that when thereís already a really high quality established alternative out there, enthusiasm just isnít going to be as high if all youíre doing is competing with a similar price.

radiantsvgun
06-20-2020, 08:21 PM
No idea what's "lol" about that. I'm using them to be able to pick up where I left off; not for cheating. The Neo doesn't really need them, for example, because the games are short and have memory card save.

I would never leave the system on that long. Sometimes it's days or weeks before I come back to it.

Then just play on an emulator. I can’t think of a single snes game I’ve needed to use save states on.

Neo Alec
06-20-2020, 08:36 PM
Then just play on an emulator. I can’t think of a single snes game I’ve needed to use save states on.
I was playing Jerry Boy. We have the technology. The fan-made firmware works and just needs some debugging.

wyo
06-20-2020, 08:41 PM

Don't sweat it. The SNES only uses ~5w ;)

Syn
06-20-2020, 10:27 PM
I left my Saturn on and went on vacation for 2 weeks. Still works perfectly but I thought to myself...dumbass.

Rot
06-21-2020, 10:03 AM
I fondly remember when Yodd was just a funstering youngster... on the eyeline of my vision....

Sometimes, I do ponder if I made the right choices during my stint here on NG.com and across the gaming infrastructure....

BUT I'll tell you one thing... no matter what happens, Yodd is my friend... and I believe that HE believes in what he is doing.. and so until Alex does something truly dumb I can't ignore... then I'm relaxing in chat...

With my whisky bottle... CHEERZ mofos... have one on me...

xROTx

roker
06-21-2020, 10:22 PM
For the record, I don't really know yodd that well. He seems like a nice enough guy who tries to do the right thing. but there's no denying it from the Neo Geo forums and all across the internet there is a vocal minority who is not happy with TO.

The company makes great products but they need to work on their image. With the products they offer, they should have a rabid band of tards that are willing to suck them off with the snap of a finger.

ChopstickSamurai
06-21-2020, 10:30 PM
In other news, it looks like an unofficial SD2SNES firmware was released today that adds Super Game Boy support:

https://twitter.com/SmokeMonsterTWI/status/1274880009132376065?s=20

lachlan
06-22-2020, 02:13 AM
I don't know if I care about their PR quality, I mean customer service is important but probably only when you have to return/exchange one of their carts which honestly seems low risk so far anyway. Just shut the fuck up, buy it or don't and get on with your life. TO can recreate every flash cart out there and undercut existing solutions for all I care, it's the wild west when it comes to fucking ROM carts.

FilthyRear
06-22-2020, 11:44 AM
For the record, I don't really know yodd that well. He seems like a nice enough guy who tries to do the right thing. but there's no denying it from the Neo Geo forums and all across the internet there is a vocal minority who is not happy with TO.

The company makes great products but they need to work on their image. With the products they offer, they should have a rabid band of tards that are willing to suck them off with the snap of a finger.

Have you been in the TO discord? MASSIVE amounts of retardation going on there.

Rot
06-22-2020, 03:33 PM
Have you been in the TO discord? MASSIVE amounts of retardation going on there.

I warned Alex of this AGES ago...

Have own forum = Ballache...
Have an Open door policy to idiots = Ballache...
Have a weird sense of what you think is right and then post on twitter = Ballache...

NG.com is 2 decades old... and we have seen a LOT of ballache... but everyone knows, there's a sleeping power beneath it'e veneer....

We're like a viper that just let's you walk around it... until you manage to get it's attention even though you were just passing through...

Basically... fuck you if you don't like it... we'd rather kill you then admit we made a mistake...

xROTx

lachlan
06-22-2020, 06:53 PM

Have a weird sense of what you think is right and then post on twitter = Ballache...

NG.com is 2 decades old... and we have seen a LOT of ballache... but everyone knows, there's a sleeping power beneath it'e veneer....

We're like a viper that just let's you walk around it... until you manage to get it's attention even though you were just passing through...

Basically... fuck you if you don't like it... we'd rather kill you then admit we made a mistake...

xROTx

It's always easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. :lolz:

aam
06-23-2020, 12:58 PM
So they are basically making a flashcart because some spanish guy is butthurt over a discussion with that krikzzzz guy.
Probably with some FPGA functionality that noone asked for.

I guess that's easier than fixing your existing products.

aam
06-23-2020, 01:06 PM

xROTx

https://www.really-learn-english.com/image-files/then-vs-than.jpg

Hattori Hanzo
06-23-2020, 02:21 PM
https://i.imgur.com/6vucA8G.jpg

wyo
06-23-2020, 02:37 PM
Rot's statement is grammatically correct either way, so LAY OFF!!

GohanX
06-23-2020, 02:57 PM
So they are basically making a flashcart because some spanish guy is butthurt over a discussion with that krikzzzz guy.
Probably with some FPGA functionality that noone asked for.

I guess that's easier than fixing your existing products.

Correct! Butthurt is the reason for many of their products!

shadowkn55
06-23-2020, 08:27 PM
Rot's statement is grammatically correct either way, so LAY OFF!!

This is what happens when you mix azn with uk.

basic
06-23-2020, 10:35 PM

thank you for sharing. the classic gaming discord has been a pleasant experience thus far.

roker
06-24-2020, 03:31 PM
Back to the cart, list of things I want:

1. 100% compatibility with all SNES games

2. GB and GBC support

3. Save states

4. MSU1 support

ChopstickSamurai
06-24-2020, 04:39 PM
GBC support would be huge. That feature alone would get me excited for a new SNES cart.

snes_collector
06-24-2020, 06:38 PM
What game takes 20 years to complete? :o

If I want save states I play via emulation, Dont normally need them unless its a absolute fucker of a game.

Can't loose those saves! https://soranews24.com/2015/10/13/hardcore-gamer-refuses-to-let-game-save-die-leaves-his-super-nes-on-for-almost-two-decades/

titchgamer
06-25-2020, 02:58 AM
Can't loose those saves! https://soranews24.com/2015/10/13/hardcore-gamer-refuses-to-let-game-save-die-leaves-his-super-nes-on-for-almost-two-decades/

Thats insane lol

You would think he would just buy the gear to dump a image or something.

Rot
06-25-2020, 04:17 PM
https://www.really-learn-english.com/image-files/then-vs-than.jpg

FIRSTLY... who the fuck are you and why would you even contemplate correcting me?

SECONDLY... and most importantly... You better come up with an answer I will take kindly to...

You have exactly 1 week from when I posted this to give me a satisfactory answer...

xROTx

PS. Did I mention something about a Viper... well.. you just met one...

wataru330
06-25-2020, 05:23 PM
https://youtu.be/-XazLR5UFWM

titchgamer
06-26-2020, 03:57 AM
FIRSTLY... who the fuck are you and why would you even contemplate correcting me?

SECONDLY... and most importantly... You better come up with an answer I will take kindly to...

You have exactly 1 week from when I posted this to give me a satisfactory answer...

xROTx

PS. Did I mention something about a Viper... well.. you just met one...

:keke:

Rot
06-26-2020, 04:14 PM
24... hours... in...

6 days left....

xROTx

Rot
06-29-2020, 03:17 PM
3 days left mofo...

Syn
06-29-2020, 05:49 PM
He's not been on since the 23rd, lol.

This is why you don't start shit with someone you don't know.

DasiyAge
06-29-2020, 07:32 PM
Just a day left.. Can't wait to see what he comes up with lol :snack:

Rot
06-30-2020, 03:20 PM
He's not been on since the 23rd, lol.

This is why you don't start shit with someone you don't know.

Are you referring to me?

xROTx

PS. 2 days left :p

Syn
06-30-2020, 06:23 PM
Referring to you as someone not to mess with, yes.

Not that you shouldn't mess with him.

Burning Fight!!
06-30-2020, 06:28 PM
I didn't knew vipers had nipples to rub or collected AES carts but here we are. Learning something new every day!

aam isn't going to show up and the reason is obvious.

ChuChu Flamingo
07-01-2020, 12:06 PM
I thought Yodd promised some coupon bullshit 50% off to Razo if he bought another instead of directly replacing it. If that was the case why would Razo have said anything about it? Seems to me revising history due to the bad publicity.

Lol needing save states.

Real hardware practice is always welcome. Very useful for speedrun tricks,glitches, sequence breaks (like Super Metroid), or just messing around with boss AI.

The game in question was Umihara Kawase iirc. He didn't want his time trial saves to get deleted. Also he didn't leave it on for 20 years straight. He had to shut it down a few times.

RAZO
07-01-2020, 12:42 PM
Todd has shipped my replacement cart and its in transit. Todd and Alex have not asked me for any money.

Yodd
07-01-2020, 12:53 PM
I thought Yodd promised some coupon bullshit 50% off to Razo if he bought another instead of directly replacing it. If that was the case why would Razo have said anything about it? Seems to me revising history due to the bad publicity.

I said no such thing.

ChuChu Flamingo
07-01-2020, 01:38 PM
Alright Yodd so it wasn't you. You only told him to contact SAG out of your control etc.

I mentioned before that the cart did not have a scaling issue up until the firmware update that was sent. Maybe the cart did have a issue from the factory that I did not know of. How was I suppose to know the firmware would permanently screw up the hardware? And the cart was manufactured 2017 but I didn't purchase it from Stoneagegamer till either beginning or mid 2018. So relax yourself Beavis.

Whatever the case may be Alex said he would allow me to purchase a new cart at very fair price so I'm holding him to that.

That being said outside of this issu with the NeoSd I've been pretty happy with TO's products overall.

Rot
07-01-2020, 02:47 PM
Referring to you as someone not to mess with, yes.

Not that you shouldn't mess with him.

TOMORROW.. if there is NO reply I am happy with... I am War room locking the member... "aam"...

Mainly because correcting me on gammar and even my use of ellipsis is not really open for debate...

My post was clear... about the ballache situ...

xROTx

Dochartaigh
07-01-2020, 04:10 PM
Real hardware practice is always welcome. Very useful for speedrun tricks,glitches, sequence breaks (like Super Metroid), or just messing around with boss AI.

I agree. I can't believe people on the other page were alluding to saves being useless. This would literally be the only reason I would sell my SD2SNES and buy something else is if it had a save function.

Let's face it, many of us (me definitely included) aren't quite as awesome at these games as we we might have been, and/or lack the practice time to get better, so save states would let me enjoy them all the way through, instead of enjoy them to level 5 only or whatever because I suck so bad and use up all my lives/continues lol. You can bypass this somewhat with codes, but those aren't available for all games (and some of them wreck portions of the game).

Also, with the faster paced lives we live (also not being like 10 years old and have all summer to play video games all day long), save games are simply a must. I can't think of any recent games that don't have the ability to save - and that's not by accident but because it makes sense (and because technology allows that easily now too).

Rot
07-01-2020, 04:35 PM
I agree. I can't believe people on the other page were alluding to saves being useless. This would literally be the only reason I would sell my SD2SNES and buy something else is if it had a save function.

Let's face it, many of us (me definitely included) aren't quite as awesome at these games as we we might have been, and/or lack the practice time to get better, so save states would let me enjoy them all the way through, instead of enjoy them to level 5 only or whatever because I suck so bad and use up all my lives/continues lol. You can bypass this somewhat with codes, but those aren't available for all games (and some of them wreck portions of the game).

Also, with the faster paced lives we live (also not being like 10 years old and have all summer to play video games all day long), save games are simply a must. I can't think of any recent games that don't have the ability to save - and that's not by accident but because it makes sense (and because technology allows that easily now too).

I refuse to hear more sensible talk on this matter until tomorrow evening...

ANYONE posting anything sensible will be subject to a "review"... aam style...

Take note DOCH_ASS_TAGNION!

Burning Fight!!
07-01-2020, 05:00 PM

I'm not gonna be a huge contrarian to say save states are useless but a good chunk of games that need save states actually already have battery backed SRAM. That and with this forum being focused on an arcade system which 1 hour 1 credit clears rule the land, I can see why people would deride save state users here.

Will this justify a completely different flashcart that would otherwise be identical to what's already out, and with probably not much of a price difference? That's up for people to judge, with their wallets, I guess...

Rot... pls no ban

Rot
07-01-2020, 05:15 PM
I'm not gonna be a huge contrarian to say save states are useless but a good chunk of games that need save states actually already have battery backed SRAM. That and with this forum being focused on an arcade system which 1 hour 1 credit clears rule the land, I can see why people would deride save state users here.

Will this justify a completely different flashcart that would otherwise be identical to what's already out, and with probably not much of a price difference? That's up for people to judge, with their wallets, I guess...

Rot... pls no ban

Dead man walking...

I'll kill this thread and entire Terraonion forum if I have too...

PS. Call it abuse of power... or whatever you want... BUT... I want a 24 hour blackout... on this thread...

And yes, I would happily nuke shit for a laugh...

Tw3ek
07-01-2020, 05:20 PM
Dead man walking...

I'l kill this thread and entire Terraonion forum if I have too...

Why must you make it so tempting.....

roker
07-01-2020, 05:41 PM

Rot... pls no ban

I only use them for games I don't care about or NES games when they'd give you 70 characters for a password.

Nice to have on the SNES but not a deal breaker. My pc engine and Genesis are save state-less and I haven't really cared so far.

ggallegos1
07-01-2020, 06:00 PM
I only use them for games I don't care about or NES games when they'd give you 70 characters for a password.

Nice to have on the SNES but not a deal breaker. My pc engine and Genesis are save state-less and I haven't really cared so far.I hardly really have time to sit down in front of a TV for more than an hour at a time, so same states are awesome for longer NES games like Blaster Master or those insane password systems. Not to mention the SNES and Gen games that use save points, if something comes up and I need to turn the game off, I like the option to press a button and continue from there uninterrupted.

Rot
07-02-2020, 03:43 PM
aam = War Room locked....

I am gonna tell these n00bz a brutal truth... that this aint the free for all pussy forum that Alex runs...

Terraonion lets members go wild and the noise drowns out the message...

Not here... the message is, that there will be consequences if you manage to wake up the wrong guy...

THREE active mods... best figure out who they are and what makes them tick...

xROTx

roker
08-16-2020, 04:36 PM
So is this still coming? If this is cheaper than than the SD2SNES then I'm buying.

roker
11-07-2020, 02:21 PM
Retro Bob from retro RGB mentioned this cart a few weeks ago, but still no official word from TO since the low-key announcement of it. I think I'll actually buy this because I have a cheap shitty Chinese everdrive That's only about 70% compatible it seems.