Metal Slug 2 cart dimensions too large for 4-slot

Snappy

n00b
Is the following a known thing/issue?

I have a Metal Slug 2 MVS cart that has original boards and I'm pretty sure an original label (but I could be wrong)... and the cart won't fit into the slot on my 4-slot. i.e. it is too big to go through the metal rectangular opening on the 4-slot cover. If I press hard I can barely get it to wedge in a little.

The boards+cart case is definitely put together properly.

Doing some comparison the cart is slightly thicker than other carts that do fit.. so either there were a legit batch of MVS carts that were too thick or else I have a pretty darn repro label on a too thick repro case.. with legit boards inside.. which would be kind of strange.

93655264_3176366682373966_3727175703255318528_n.jpg

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Don't know why you posted a picture of art and not the cart, you may have a aftermarket shell on it.

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Shell looks bootylicious to me

Last edited:

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Is the following a known thing/issue?

I have a Metal Slug 2 MVS cart that has original boards and I'm pretty sure an original label (but I could be wrong)... and the cart won't fit into the slot on my 4-slot. i.e. it is too big to go through the metal rectangular opening on the 4-slot cover. If I press hard I can barely get it to wedge in a little.

The boards+cart case is definitely put together properly.

Doing some comparison the cart is slightly thicker than other carts that do fit.. so either there were a legit batch of MVS carts that were too thick or else I have a pretty darn repro label on a too thick repro case.. with legit boards inside.. which would be kind of strange.

View attachment 56370

Replied in FB, but here it is again in case you miss it. Check chip and PCB authenticity at mvs-scans.com - this could be a conversion (although why a conversion of MS2 would even be made is baffling, but I've seen weirder converts). You can grab a correctly sized repro shell at neooldstore.com from Walter for $20 USD or so.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Looks like a repro shell. The lack of a yellow warning sticker helps give it away, although some legit shells don't have that.

I have a similar one for my legit Pulstar cart. It works, but fitting in the slot is fussy.

Snappy

n00b
Thanks everyone! I guess I got swindled a little since it was supposed to have been fully original, but at least the boards are. I'll take the advice and swap the boards into a new shell.