Japan Post to stop shipping to anywhere but US, France and UK

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
I was planning to start rebuilding my vidya game collection this month and now I feel like that one Twilight Zone episode everyone knows. So much time for games, no consoles to play em

NexusX

Astra Superstar
I was planning to start rebuilding my vidya game collection this month and now I feel like that one Twilight Zone episode everyone knows. So much time for games, no consoles to play em

I feel like if people went to China at this point it would be like the "To Serve Man" episode...

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Germany isn't on the list, I knew the japanese wouldn't let their BFFs down.

Also the thread title is bullshit lie.

Last edited:

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
the article talks about incoming mail, while the Yamatoku notification says they won't accept outgoing mail?

7DA9EA8A-FBEE-4033-BC47-018B30853B3B.jpeg

D527628A-9366-41DD-B2B4-6441CE40814D.jpeg

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Just so you know, I would accept mail from any of you guys. Including items infected with your swine flu's, your SARS, Ebola, all the latest designer diseases from Instagram, including the Zeeky-deaky virus from Uzbeki-bekistan-stan.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member

Australia isn't either, I guess they feel guilty for those death marches they put our boys through in South East Asia.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Argentina is on the list even though we have very few Roners amongst us.
No one has any money here but any way, go suck a dick Japan you mother fucker you

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
It's the same the other way around. We in austria for example can still send stuff to the US but not to Canada. Seems nonsense as it's basically the same postal wise. Japan is also on our no-no list...

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
ah crap, i have stuff waiting at buyee.

edit: actually, it seems they are still shipping to Canada. JOY

Last edited:

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member

This is the news and rumors section. The article is the news, the Yamatoku email is the rumor.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
ah crap, i have stuff waiting at buyee.

edit: actually, it seems they are still shipping to Canada. JOY

I've had an EMS package stuck at the 'Posting/Collection' stage for a week now so it's fair to say it's a mystery on when I'm going to get that. However DHL is still operating everywhere and will probably be quicker so there's that.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I'm actually surprised that domestic shipping hasn't really been effected by all of this. I thought I was at last minute ordering stuff from Japan when I did, but that was over a month ago now. Last bits I got in were last week and shipping times have been normal.

An aside, I'm fairly certain my first ever purchase from Yamatoku was about a month ago, where I won an auction for 1 cent. There is no minimum price to pay to get put on a mailing list I guess.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
In related news, the JP ebay sellers I normally buy games from have increased shipping costs, even the cheap rate. Now instead of $6 or $8 it is $20 and $25!

Burning Fight!!

10 Year Member
In related news, the JP ebay sellers I normally buy games from have increased shipping costs, even the cheap rate. Now instead of $6 or $8 it is $20 and $25!

Holy shit! I guess I should say bye bye to Japan importing for a while... hopefully everything goes to normal before 2021.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Holy shit! I guess I should say bye bye to Japan importing for a while... hopefully everything goes to normal before 2021.

$25 shipping is outrageous huh? Tell me how much would you be spending overall? probably a lot more than $25 right?

Burning Fight!!

10 Year Member
$25 shipping is outrageous huh? Tell me how much would you be spending overall? probably a lot more than $25 right?

Yes, I only buy $1.25 in trinkets per trimester. Have any food to spare?

Burning Fight!!

10 Year Member
Living in the great country of Brazil, surely you're accustomed to paying considerable shipping.

Yes I do, that's why a 200% increase in shipping rates of the country that used to have one of the cheapest international shipping rates to Brazil (losing only to China) in an economic scenario where 1 USD = 5 BRL makes importing from there less than desirable. These things add up, especially since I usually do smaller separate purchases.

Plus Japan Post isn't Japan Posting to Brazil right now...

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Yes I do, that's why a 200% increase in shipping rates of the country that used to have one of the cheapest international shipping rates to Brazil (losing only to China) in an economic scenario where 1 USD = 5 BRL makes importing from there less than desirable. These things add up, especially since I usually do smaller separate purchases.

Plus Japan Post isn't Japan Posting to Brazil right now...

Are you talking standard airmail? or EMS? if you guys are getting EMS for under $25 for something like an mvs cart I'd be amazed.

Burning Fight!!

10 Year Member
Are you talking standard airmail? or EMS? if you guys are getting EMS for under $25 for something like an mvs cart I'd be amazed.

Airmail, and it's mostly smaller stuff that I buy off japanese ebay sellers (PCE games and such), which they gladly ship for free. Can't imagine it costing more than like $6 on their end, at least not before this price raise... I feel like EMS prices are similar to other countries, though, but I couldn't tell you since I haven't bought anything that substantial in volume from outside the country since forever.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I inquired with a Japanese seller about an Apple Pippin, EMS to the US. They didn't want to attempt it as they'd heard about major delays / returned packages. So I think even EMS may be slow these days