Neo Geo titles on sale in switch eshop!

bytestorm

Armored Scrum Object
First time I see they have neo geo titles on sale! 40% off.

Mostly early titles but good ones! :)

bytestorm

Armored Scrum Object
Oh boy, a ROM sale!

Great detectivework done there captain obvious :) YES its a rom sale. But jokes aside, I for one thinks its great that the have published them on the switch, since its awesome to have it portable.
Also, lowering the price by 40% makes ppl who doesnt know about the neo more likely to try em. :D

And honestly, who hasnt felt the urge to get the original thing when you tried some (to you) unknown hardware or games..

I mean I have 60+ mvs carts, AES system with a handfull och games, couple of cabs and 6 mvs motherboards.. NOTHING beats the original stuff :) but this is a great gateway into the neo world for the new gen ppl.

Hopefully SNK does get some coins for the roms also in the end of the line, so why not support them?

Well, its just my opinion, some ppl really dont like this way of them to resell same roms over and over, and I respect that.

Now I am off to play some FF2 with my 4yrs old son, have a great weekend nevertheless!

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I've played Neo Turf Masters on Switch way more than my actual Neo since it was released. No shame.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Just so someone else doesn't get too excited like I did, there are a LOT of Neo games on the eShop, but only a few are on sale:
  • Alpha Mission II
  • Art of Fighting
  • Burning Fight
  • Fatal Fury 2
  • King of Fighters '94
  • King of the Monsters
  • Metal Slug
  • Puzzled
  • Samurai Shodown
  • Super Sidekicks
They are $4.79

Last edited:

acampero

Quiz Detective
Just so someone else doesn't get too excited like I did, there are a LOT of Neo games on the eShop, but only a few are on sale:
  • Alpha Mission II
  • Art of Fighting
  • Burning Fight
  • Fatal Fury 2
  • King of Fighters '94
  • King of the Monsters
  • Metal Slug
  • Puzzled
  • Samurai Shodown
  • Super Sidekicks
They are $4.79

Gonna grab King of the Monsters at that price. I must admit it's fun to play Neo Geo games on the Switch setup on a table on the go! And the 8bitdo controller works well with these games.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
  • Alpha Mission II
  • Art of Fighting
  • Burning Fight
  • Fatal Fury 2
  • King of Fighters '94
  • King of the Monsters
  • Metal Slug
  • Puzzled
  • Samurai Shodown
  • Super Sidekicks
They are $4.79

Minus Super Sidekicks, that's the PS4 sale as well, they've been on sale since last week.

Also it would be nice if Hamster releases some new PS4 titles, it's been about two months.

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Is there anything extra on Metal Slug, or just a straight up ROM being emulated? Also puzzle should be $.79, not $4.79.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Also it would be nice if Hamster releases some new PS4 titles, it's been about two months.

They still get released in the other regions on PS4. Someone asked hamester about it and they replied by saying they aim to release all their games on all consoles and all regions. Whatever stopping them, and whether we are actually getting these eventually or not, are still unknown.

Soundwave GI

Rugal's Thug
To anyone who has played them on the switch, how does the emulation compare to playing the original? Any input lag on 8bitdos?

Fett

Camel Slug
To anyone who has played them on the switch, how does the emulation compare to playing the original? Any input lag on 8bitdos?

The Switch emulation is the best I've seen. You can choose to play the Japanese or English version of all the games, and have access to all the game settings like you would on a MVS cart. There are also tons of settings you can utilize for screen adjustments, filtering, scan lines, etc. I haven't used an 8bitdo with any of the games, but my fightstick works great.

neogeo.jpg

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Convenience trumps fidelity

I've played Neo Turf Masters on Switch way more than my actual Neo since it was released. No shame.

Oh man, same here. I've gotten so lazy, having that convenience of just turning on a portable device with the game already in there makes it so nice.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
The Switch emulation is the best I've seen. You can choose to play the Japanese or English version of all the games, and have access to all the game settings like you would on a MVS cart. There are also tons of settings you can utilize for screen adjustments, filtering, scan lines, etc. I haven't used an 8bitdo with any of the games, but my fightstick works great.

View attachment 52400

wicked joystick, ma

That's good to hear though. A ROM purchase should be at least equal to what you can do in 5 mins on a PC.

Soundwave GI

Rugal's Thug

View attachment 52400

That joystick is dope. I'll have to check out a couple of them. Would be nice to have on the go. I almost bought a couple on Xbox a few weeks ago...they have sneakily added a lot of NG games to the marketplace there. I have no idea if they have all of those options though.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Must be nice to be able to game while your at work. I would never be able to play like that. I'm either playing handheld or docking it and playing on a big screen with joystick.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Getting the 8bitdo to pair the first time is a pain, but once it's paired it works great. The one with analog sticks doesn't make a good pro controller replacement since the analog sticks suck but for digital games it's great.

It lags like a bitch on some other devices though, but works great with switch or with any of the 8bitdo receivers.