New SNK game countdown site

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
It will be a full game for sure.

My money on kof15 or a new SS. If kof15, the graphics will likely be proper this time.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Cultural pessimism aside, nobody will genuinely want play another generic game, rendered entirely in 3D, whatever ties to SNK's history it may present, but it'll spawn some cool discussions and, hopefully, genuine laughs, too.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
The slogan is "a new dawn rises"
Hmm.
Those who know about SNK lore, what could this be a reference to, if anything?

To me the dramatic wording conveys MOTW2
so my guess from most likely to least likely are
MOTW2
Fatal Fury
SS
KOF

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
The frequency of howling increases during the evening and early dawn when wolves hunt [source: Lopez and Bauguess]. ... Although we think of wolves howling alone, they frequently do so as a group. These chorus howls involve members of a pack singing in unison at multiple pitches.

Thinking pachinko letdown. Hoping for something special.

Yoake no Legend (Legend of Dawn) - FF motion picture.

Last edited:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
They are out of the pachinko business.

The announcement coincide with Sony's pre-TGS event. The same one that KOF14 was announced on 3 years ago.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Countdown to some new hot garbage.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
They are out of the pachinko business.

The announcement coincide with Sony's pre-TGS event. The same one that KOF14 was announced on 3 years ago.

I wonder if the reveal trailer will be as pathetic as in the case of kof. Would be funny but I doubt it.

A new dawn sounds like something from an established saga, a new chapter, something that seemed closed now opens to a new generation. As I said I think it will be FF related but could just as well be SS maybe even KOF.
I personally would love AoF or Last Blade. But maybe not with the way SNK are today.
Will be ready for a let down.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Mark of the Wolves 2... collectible trading card game.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
Anyone noticed it's the release date for the Neo Geo Mini in Europe guys. And I think I have read that 'new dawn' sentence in regard to the Mini before. Sorry to dissappoint your incredibly high expectations (MotW2 lol :D).

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Anyone noticed it's the release date for the Neo Geo Mini in Europe guys. And I think I have read that 'new dawn' sentence in regard to the Mini before. Sorry to dissappoint your incredibly high expectations (MotW2 lol :D).

Unless it's engrish they state it's a new game release announcement

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Probably Engrish......Their latest trailer (released early August) has the tagline "The dawn of a new golden age of gaming" at the end around 3:14.

Last edited:

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
There are so many other fighting game series buried in that company that have not seen a quality release with a new entry in a while that is not named KOF? Give me a new fatal fury, samurai showdown, art of fighting or last blade. I guess kof 15 is better than any lame pachinko announcement.

Last edited:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I'm gonna go with Suicide on it being the International Mini.

Searching "Neo-Geo Mini International" turns up several articles announcing the release date as 9-10-18, all dated 9-3-18. Date of the countdown.

*Edit* - all of which articles retrieved the news from an official twitter feed.
https://twitter.com/SNKNEOGEOmini

Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I'm gonna go with Suicide on it being the International Mini.

Searching "Neo-Geo Mini International" turns up several articles announcing the release date as 9-10-18, all dated 9-3-18. Date of the countdown.

*Edit* - all of which articles retrieved the news from an official twitter feed.
https://twitter.com/SNKNEOGEOmini

I doubt they would go to the trouble of going with the countdown route. If that's the case then they are pretty lame.
But this is 99% guaranteed to being a game. They are producing games these days and pursuing an ever larger market ratio.