Syria... After 8 years... Why hasn't the World sorted this shit out?

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Because the military business runs the US government and they love this shit.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
For a long time, Obama was trying to pull the US out of direct military confrontation. We had two wars in the middle east already with Iraq and Afghanistan, and an offshore prison in Cuba that was providing food and shelter for terrorists and random brown people alike.

I have no doubt that a conflict in Syria is not what Trump wants. He's never waged a war. He has always styled himself as a deal maker and a businessman. This talk about making Russia pay a hefty price is probably deal making rhetoric.

But realistically, Putin and his comrades need to be punched in the nose. Using chemical weapons is unacceptable. It will result in a massive chemical weapon attack on Moscow or St. Petersburg if he's not careful. He has a lot more enemies than friends. If someone doesn't knock him off his box, someone else will do something drastic. Same as when W was acting foolish before 9/11, and the USA got attacked.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
The thing that irritates me is...

An Russian double agent and his daughter gets the chemical treatment.... and all hell breaks out...

Whole swathes of the Syrian population gets the chemical treament... more than likely with Russian backing... and the World just sends a strongly worded tweet...

FUCK YOU... DOUBLE STANDARDS!

xROTx

Tech&Music

Another Striker

An Russian double agent and his daughter gets the chemical treatment.... and all hell breaks out...

Whole swathes of the Syrian population gets the chemical treament... more than likely with Russian backing... and the World just sends a strongly worded tweet...

xROTx

Same shit with downing of MH-17, which killed 298 innocent civilians. Highly likely Russia's behind it, but politicians just keep on saying the same shit along the lines of "We don't know if it is Russia yet, so we won't do anything against Russia yet", which has been going on for nearly four years now.

Some double-spy, who probably doesn't have much of a "clean" history, and his daughter get poisoned, and they're all up in arms about Russia being behind it within days and taking diplomatic action. Great to see whose lives value more to politicians.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Some double-spy, who probably doesn't have much of a "clean" history, and his daughter get poisoned, and they're all up in arms about Russia being behind it within days and taking diplomatic action. Great to see whose lives value more to politicians.

Sad but true. If an attack happens on a Western country, the world takes notice. If it's a country full of poor people with little economic worth, you can safely say the rest of the world will sit back and tut loudly without actually taking any action.

Wasabi is right, Putin does have more enemies than allies right now. Annoyingly the sound of a bitch thrives on it, makes him look like the tough guy standing up for Russia.

Tech&Music

Another Striker
Sad but true. If an attack happens on a Western country, the world takes notice. If it's a country full of poor people with little economic worth, you can safely say the rest of the world will sit back and tut loudly without actually taking any action.

The thing is that with MH17, the passengers were mostly Dutch or otherwise from Western countries. The relatives of the victims of that incident were severely angered by the fact the Dutch government joined in on kicking out Russian diplomats, while in the nearly four years after the MH17 downing, this never happened despite incredibly strong indications that either Russia, or Russia backed separatists in Ukraine, shot it down. So it's not just them giving zero shits about poor countries, it's them only caring about their friends, which Skripal being a useful tool to the the MI6, I guess means he is one as well.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Sad but true. If an attack happens on a Western country, the world takes notice. If it's a country full of brown people with muslim culture, you can safely say the rest of the world will sit back and "tut loudly" without actually taking any action.

FTFY.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

xROTx

Where are you getting your news commentary from?

You're reciting the RT talking points to a T.

Rot, I have watched you from distance over the past couple of years, and I can tell you, without a doubt, that you are reading some real bullshit from trolls if you believe that the UK and the EU have a duty to enforce their ideals on a sovereign nation like Syria, or they can't get angry over a foreign government usurping sovereign rights of the UK.

It's right up there with your sad belief in the Brexit movement. I legitimately feel sad for you. You're a good guy, but you're filled with so much ignorant poison.

Let me take it a step further and say this:

we know that much of the world is a shithole. Many countries have totalitarian governments, brutal dictators, or homicidal royal families in the case of the Saudis who enjoy a beheading every day before eating breakfast with their bare hands. The world is more barbaric than civilized. Syrians are good people, by and large. They got their government because their country wasn't as strong as many Western States. America has made the mistake of trying to force democracy on countries where it should have, instead, forced a rule of law that would protect the people and the countries from bad actors.

When a man and his daughter in England experience a chemical weapon attack on British soil, carried out by a foreign government, it shows that the country is unsafe from bad actors. Even if the Russians hate on the rest of the world (as Perviy Canal or RT or Rossiya spoonfeed their citizens propaganda from FSB or GRU) they have put their money in EU, English, Swiss, and American banks because they KNOW their property is safer in countries with a strong rule of law than if they were to store that money in their own country. In fact, every rich person will be more likely to keep their money in a bank where it is safe from being taken from them. It's simply the way reasonable minds work even a a minimal level.

So as you throw out the whataboutisms, remember that we want the UK to be safe from foreign bad actors. We don't want it to become a country like Syria that is too many steps from salvation. Putin just said he doesn't respect your country or the right of British residents/citizens to life.

So pull his dick out of your ass.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I dunno... I kind of agree with Rot, because - and I could be wrong here - I think he's saying "If X happens to a white person, actual measures are taken, whereas if X happens to a brown person only menial - if any - steps are taken."

Also, what do you mean about W acting like an idiot before 9/11? I was kind of slapped into political consciousness at that time, so I'm not super familiar with what was happening beforehand.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I dunno... I kind of agree with Rot, because - and I could be wrong here - I think he's saying "If X happens to a white person, actual measures are taken, whereas if X happens to a brown person only menial - if any - steps are taken."

Also, what do you mean about W acting like an idiot before 9/11? I was kind of slapped into political consciousness at that time, so I'm not super familiar with what was happening beforehand.

Before 9/11, a big deal was made about the US backing out of the Kyoto accord, the spy plane over China, and the US was still answering for the Chinese embassy bombing in Belgrade from 1 year and a half earlier (not on Ws watch, but he didn’t make things easy on himself).

So anyhow, not sure what you or Rot want to do about the guy who got gassed in Syria. But it sound kind of fucking silly for Rot to blubber about Syrian victims while ignoring the Yemenis being bombed by Saudis, the Rohingyas facing a Burmese genocide, or the Tutsis in Rwanda. None of those regions have strong rule of law. It’s sad, but you can’t expect more from those regions.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Heh...

The thing about Politics, Religion... Philosophy is that the views on it can be sorta extreme...

I generally tend to steer away from it as passions sometimes run high...

My stance on stuff is what it is I suppose... Sure... I can change my mind as any right thinking individual would but usually takes a lot for me...

xROTx

PS. On Topic... The World sure is fooked... and we can talk about this stuff forever...

It really would be a more prosaic place if we all agreed on everything...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Heh...

The thing about Politics, Religion... Philosophy is that the views on it can be sorta extreme...

I generally tend to steer away from it as passions sometimes run high...

My stance on stuff is what it is I suppose... Sure... I can change my mind as any right thinking individual would but usually takes a lot for me...

xROTx

PS. On Topic... The World sure is fooked... and we can talk about this stuff forever...

It really would be a more prosaic place if we all agreed on everything...

You should explain where you get your opinions from.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
You should explain where you get your opinions from.

In terms of this thread...

I base it The Spring Uprisings a few years ago... It was meant to be a great new age for new regimes in the Middle East...

..Just hasn't worked out that way...

The optimism has been replaced by political pragmatism... and essentially most of this stuff is being swept under the carpet in the main...

On Topic of Assad and the General Russian situ... Assad didn't want to go off into retirement... Russia had a few strategic bases there and Putin supported the guy...

The poisoning of those 2 Russians recently in the UK led to mass expulsions and tit for tat politcal manouvres...

I just stated that a mass posioning of Syrians by the Assad regime should be viewed just as hard... but all we're getting is less Press and Russia just sayin'... no evidence... no foul..

As for opinions... I read around and make my own decisions...

xROTx

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
In terms of this thread...

I base it The Spring Uprisings a few years ago... It was meant to be a great new age for new regimes in the Middle East...

..Just hasn't worked out that way...

The optimism has been replaced by political pragmatism... and essentially most of this stuff is being swept under the carpet in the main...

On Topic of Assad and the General Russian situ... Assad didn't want to go off into retirement... Russia had a few strategic bases there and Putin supported the guy...

The poisoning of those 2 Russians recently in the UK led to mass expulsions and tit for tat politcal manouvres...

I just stated that a mass posioning of Syrians by the Assad regime should be viewed just as hard... but all we're getting is less Press and Russia just sayin'... no evidence... no foul..

As for opinions... I read around and make my own decisions...

xROTx

Your opinions include shit like “England needs to Balkanize and become smaller so that it has no bargaining power on the international stage” or “the english should shut up when Russia poisons people on english soil.”

Take a step back and look in the mirror.

Before you try to say that you never said that, all your defenses of brexit on account of vacuum cleaner voltage or not being able to exile criminals back to totalitarian regimes that still employ primitive torture methods, those things are simply Russian media dog whistles that hit a chord with you, on the level of a weak minded old grandmother watching Breitbart and nodding her head that the Jews are to blame for Trump’s approval rating.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Your opinions include shit like “England needs to Balkanize and become smaller so that it has no bargaining power on the international stage” or “the english should shut up when Russia poisons people on english soil.”

Take a step back and look in the mirror.

Before you try to say that you never said that, all your defenses of brexit on account of vacuum cleaner voltage or not being able to exile criminals back to totalitarian regimes that still employ primitive torture methods, those things are simply Russian media dog whistles that hit a chord with you, on the level of a weak minded old grandmother watching Breitbart and nodding her head that the Jews are to blame for Trump’s approval rating.

MOST of the UK's opinions for Brexit are purely PERSONAL....

For example... We opened the door to the EU... and this led to a massive... MASSIVE drain on resources...

If as a EU citizen... you can come into the UK and then claim Social benefits and essentially bleed the NHS dry because it's in the EU mandate...

It's going to cause resentment...

My Jan saw this first hand in the NHS...

If You come to the UK.. claim social housing benefits... live 18 to a room and send the money outside the UK to build a nice house in Poland... then it's gonna rub people the wong way...

We are NOT a cash cow... for EU states that find that they would rather pay their citizens to have a passport to the UK then look after their own country...

AKA. The Romanian state PAID people they did not want to leave... (mainly the Gypsy part of their population...)

As for your other points you have made... they are also within the remit of personal views....

How can you have a state punish one action when they refuse to punish another?

The politics in the USA are FAR removed from personal experience within the UK....

When some homeless... jobless individual from another country comes and actively abuses the system for personal gain as viewed by the majority of the people on the ground within the UK... are you surprised we woud rather NOT have it happen?

xROTx

PS. Taking a holistic view of stuff within a country is what is termed... "putting your own views" on it...

I live in the UK... I see this stuff FIRST hand... and i am not suprised we voted to get out of the Brexit fuckfest...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
MOST of the UK's opinions for Brexit are purely PERSONAL....

For example... We opened the door to the EU... and this led to a massive... MASSIVE drain on resources...

If as a EU citizen... you can come into the UK and then claim Social benefits and essentially bleed the NHS dry because it's in the EU mandate...

It's going to cause resentment...

My Jan saw this first hand in the NHS...

If You come to the UK.. claim social housing benefits... live 18 to a room and send the money outside the UK to build a nice house in Poland... then it's gonna rub people the wong way...

We are NOT a cash cow... for EU states that find that they would rather pay their citizens to have a passport to the UK then look after their own country...

AKA. The Romanian state PAID people they did not want to leave... (mainly the Gypsy part of their population...)

As for your other points you have made... they are also within the remit of personal views....

How can you have a state punish one action when they refuse to punish another?

The politics in the USA are FAR removed from personal experience within the UK....

When some homeless... jobless individual from another country comes and actively abuses the system for personal gain as viewed by the majority of the people on the ground within the UK... are you surprised we woud rather NOT have it happen?

xROTx

PS. Taking a holistic view of stuff within a country is what is termed... "putting your own views" on it...

I live in the UK... I see this stuff FIRST hand... and i am not suprised we voted to get out of the Brexit fuckfest...

You’re talking like I don’t get to have an opinion because you live there and I don’t but you’re forgetting that my sister lived there up through Brexit.

If you lived in the USA, you’d probably be one of those angry Trump voters who think foreigners are stealing your country, even though you’re a foreigner yourself. These white nationalist initiatives you believe in will leave you behind.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
You’re talking like I don’t get to have an opinion because you live there and I don’t but you’re forgetting that my sister lived there up through Brexit.

If you lived in the USA, you’d probably be one of those angry Trump voters who think foreigners are stealing your country, even though you’re a foreigner yourself. These white nationalist initiatives you believe in will leave you behind.

TBH... I feel the whole UK should move towards doing something with it's population...

There was a program a few years back where they got jobless UK chavs and made them work the same conditions as EU guys... Tge UK guys sucked... ended badly...

The UK employment force is fucked.... and we need people who want to work...

The issue that is found is for each worker willing to pull his weight... and equal amount of so called "benefit tourists" emerge... I don't blame them for wanting to fook the system over... easy money...

The UK is a SMALL country in terms of landmass.... The population are tired of having the EU Lord it over us with laws that are quite frankly comical...

The Court of Human rights was designed after WW2... and tbh... they have not evolved fast enough to be relevant...

The USA aint even signed onto the EU Human Rights Courts.... I assume because you believe your own Judicial system will prevail...

xROTx

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
It has been pretty well sorted. It is exactly as the US and Russia want the situation in Syria.

Oh, do you think anyone actually wants the proxy war to end?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
TBH... I feel the whole UK should move towards doing something with it's population...

There was a program a few years back where they got jobless UK chavs and made them work the same conditions as EU guys... Tge UK guys sucked... ended badly...

The UK employment force is fucked.... and we need people who want to work...

The issue that is found is for each worker willing to pull his weight... and equal amount of so called "benefit tourists" emerge... I don't blame them for wanting to fook the system over... easy money...

The UK is a SMALL country in terms of landmass.... The population are tired of having the EU Lord it over us with laws that are quite frankly comical...

The Court of Human rights was designed after WW2... and tbh... they have not evolved fast enough to be relevant...

The USA aint even signed onto the EU Human Rights Courts.... I assume because you believe your own Judicial system will prevail...

xROTx

You guys hire the polish to do the blue collar work and then complain when they use their meager earnings to live better in Poland.

You don’t like the EU laws so the solution is scrap all the treaties and economic plans that London based companies had in place because 4chan was so convincing with shit memes that “the UK” (in quotes because Scotland did not agree but you guys don’t care what they think, and never have) is being taken advantage of.

Need I remind you that pawnshops make money off the downtrodden benefit tourists, and not the precious hard workers who earn their own way (which I guess doesn’t include the Polish, because blue collar stuff isn’t real).

Do you see the irony?