PDA

View Full Version : NEOSD PRO - The New Terranonion Neo Geo Product March 2018.

Pages : [1] 2 3

neosd
03-06-2018, 01:26 PM
Tuesday, March 6th 2018

We want to announce our new product, NEOSD PRO.

NEOSD PRO is a two in one flash cart. Having the best of two worlds, FLASH and RAM based cart.

Both NEOSD PRO and NEOSD are Neo Geo cartridge emulators, simulating all different chips present on Neo Geo cartridges, without patching original ROM data.
This makes NEOSD PRO (and NEOSD), to pass UNIBIOS CRC checks.

NEOSD PRO as regular NEOSD is 100% compatible with UNIBIOS and glitch free.

NEOSD PRO has 5x times the memory regular NEOSD has, for a total of 3.840 MBITS. So it can hold the 5 biggest Neo Geo Games at the same time.

The memory is composed by 5 independent slots :

- 4 slots of 768 MBITS (each) FLASH memory for instant-on games, summing a total of 3.072 MBITS :

Can hold 4 non-volatile, always ready, instant-on games, with enough space to hold 4 of the largest released games. Those 4 slots are persistent after the board is powered off, such as regular NEOSD and are intended to store your 4 favorite games always ready to play.

- 1 slot of 768 MBITS SRAM :

It has very fast loading times, but it's volatile, and its contents are lost when powering off the console. Same size than any of the 4 flash slots, so it can hold the largest released game. Useful to quickly play different games.

NEOSD PRO offers all the functions regular NEOSD does :

Jukebox,
Region Change
Arcade/Console Mode change
Soft Dips
…. and much more !

Plus those new features :

Straight boot to any of the 4 flash slots by holding A,B,C or D while powering on the console.

In-Game menu to change slots. Also planned is support for the slot change buttons on MVS and attract mode cycling, like a real multislot!

USB port to download games to RAM from a PC, and read/write console memory, useful for game developers.

Cheats support from the in-game menu (will be available to regular NEOSD aswel by firmware update)

NEOSD PRO contains 99% the same FPGA code than regular NEOSD, so the high compatibility we achieved remains, having a strong glitch free code. The hardware design is totally different, moving from 2 layers pcb design of actual NEOSD to 6 layers pcb design on NEOSD PRO.
The new 6 layers pcb reduces the programming noise that can be heard with plain NeoSD in some MVS board.

NEOSD PRO Menu has no load times, its instant. So there is no need to wait for the menu to load with power on.

In order to change from one slot to another one, there is a new in game menu that also lets the user to reboot the board doing hard or soft resets, enable cheats or enter NEOSD PRO MENU.

On RAM, the same biggest game (The King Of Fighters 2003) takes just 52 seconds to flash, while some other games just take a few seconds to be written.

Those are some flashing times on RAM for reference :

aero fighters 2 - 8 seconds
windjammers - 6 seconds
metal slug - 15 seconds
art of fighting 3 - 21 seconds
breakers - 15 seconds
metal slug 2 - 25 seconds
samurai shodown 5 special - 51 seconds
shock troopers 2 - 26 seconds
strikers 1945 plus - 48 seconds

NEOSD PRO and regular NEOSD will be sold at the same time, those are different products that will have different prices. NEOSD PRO will be sold at higher Price than actual NEOSD.

We will open pre orders on the following weeks (and will announce the prices), once we have shipped Super SD System 3 pending orders that we should start shipping at the end of this week. Priority as today is to ship every Super SD System 3 pending order, before anything else

NEOSD PRO AES has finished the testing stage and entered production. It will be delivered with a new designed Shell, done by the same Factory and with the same quality as Super SD System 3 shell. It will come in a nice packaging such as Super SD System 3, including manual and box.

NEOSD PRO MVS will enter production as soon as NEOSD PRO AES production completes. It will come with the same new universal shell NEOSD PRO AES comes with.

Review units for NEOSD PRO AES have been sent weeks ago and product reviews are expected to be shown next week.

NEOSD PRO AES PCB PICTURES :

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/NEOSD_PRO_1.jpeg

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/NEOSD_PRO_2.jpeg

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/NEOSD_PRO_3.jpeg

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/NEOSD_PRO_4.jpeg

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/NEOSD_PRO_5.jpeg

NEOSD PRO AES Video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBYsckt-x74

neosd
03-06-2018, 01:27 PM
reserved

lherre
03-06-2018, 01:32 PM
Shots fired!!!

As always an astonishing product!!

RevQuixo
03-06-2018, 01:34 PM
holy...

Yodd
03-06-2018, 01:34 PM
:buttrock::buttrock::buttrock:

GadgetUK
03-06-2018, 01:39 PM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet =D

famicommander
03-06-2018, 01:39 PM
Awesome, as always.

Niko
03-06-2018, 01:41 PM
Wow! This came out of nowhere!

Yodd
03-06-2018, 01:41 PM
Hiya folks

I have had a pre-production NEOSD Pro for a couple weeks now.

Overall it's been super solid with quick flash times and no weird menu issues.

And since it's built off the foundation of the NEOSD, as Alex mentioned, users
will have a super solid gaming experience.

Video on it next week.

Couple pics:

https://s14.postimg.org/qk8nl4jch/IMG_0453.jpg
https://s14.postimg.org/6pmlz0bup/IMG_0454.jpg

alienpdx
03-06-2018, 01:42 PM
http://alien.untergrund.net/NeoSDPRO/neosd-pro_logo-terraonion-edition.gif

s.o.o.n

nornor1
03-06-2018, 01:43 PM
OH Snap! the Nail in the coffin for the imitators. I switch games a lot on my NeoSd, I will be picking this up for sure.

MobiusStripTech
03-06-2018, 01:45 PM
This looks awesome. Interested to see the price point. Maybe I will look at one for my MVS.

jumpman1229
03-06-2018, 01:46 PM
Oh yeah!! Glad I waited. Definitely gonna get one of these bad boys

famicommander
03-06-2018, 01:47 PM
Might finally get one of these. Or maybe someone who is upgrading will sell their original one to me for a bro price, because I'm a cheapass.

GadgetUK
03-06-2018, 01:48 PM
Ding ding, round 2! Oh wait, I think that was a knockout already...

pixeljunkie
03-06-2018, 01:54 PM
hahaha this is badass!

rvls
03-06-2018, 02:04 PM
Damn, I definitely need one of these, looks great!

mistahsnart
03-06-2018, 02:06 PM
Terraonion delivers yet again. Awesome stuff! Guess I'll be saving for the upgrade.

3rdStrikeMike
03-06-2018, 02:10 PM
I saw the video on my subscribed section on YouTube and it brought a HUGE smile to my face :glee: Looks we like we have the definitive Neo Geo flash cart. I feel those who invested their money on any other recent multi-slot Neo Geo flash cart may be regretting it even more now . . . Terraonion continues to create amazing products and push the envelope with retro gaming. I simply cannot wait to see what else is in store for the future. Keep up the great work Alex!! :buttrock:

neosd
03-06-2018, 02:12 PM
I saw the video on my subscribed section on YouTube and it brought a HUGE smile to my face :glee: Looks we like we have the definitive Neo Geo flash cart. I feel those who invested their money on any other recent multi-slot Neo Geo flash cart may be regretting it even more now . . . Terraonion continues to create amazing products and push the envelope with retro gaming. I simply cannot wait to see what else is in store for the future. Keep up the great work Alex!! :buttrock:

I promisse you that we have something bigger on the pocket.

Pirority now over anything else is to ship SSDS3. I am just waiting for the call to drive to factory and get everything shipped, then we move one to other things
(i expect to be this week, this what we agreeded)

BTW, thanks for the words

DaytimeDreamer
03-06-2018, 02:14 PM
I needed a Neo SD for my AES (got an MVS version at the moment)

Guess I'll be going the Pro route :) Nice one guys!

fille1976
03-06-2018, 02:15 PM
Nice job neosd,i want to see darksoft his face now,hahaha,excellent.

GadgetUK
03-06-2018, 02:15 PM

Pirority now pover anything else is to ship SSDS3. I am just waiting for the call to drive to factory and get everything shipped, then we move one to other things

That should come as no suprise to any of us!!!! I fully expect you to part the seas and walk on water next!

elevengames
03-06-2018, 02:17 PM
Holy shit. And I just ordered the NeoSD MVS from Stone Age Gamer last week... Looks like it’s going to be an expensive year. Very excited for this and Yodd’s video.

xterc
03-06-2018, 02:19 PM
Incredible news. I love the idea of the RAM slot.

Beckett
03-06-2018, 02:20 PM
Can't wait! Great job as always!

3rdStrikeMike
03-06-2018, 02:39 PM

Pirority now over anything else is to ship SSDS3. I am just waiting for the call to drive to factory and get everything shipped, then we move one to other things
(i expect to be this week, this what we agreeded)

You guys totally deserve it! Your actions have spoken VERY loudly about how much you value your customers. Now I'm SUPER excited for what you guys are brining out next. Looks like it's going to be an amazing year for Terraonion and a rough year for my wallet :p

heihachi
03-06-2018, 02:40 PM
Wow. Some people just got a strong dose of buyers remorse.

donluca
03-06-2018, 02:45 PM
Alright, this is the definitive Neo Geo multi cart. End of story.

I have to sell my 138-in-1 and 161-in-1 and some other carts I have and get the Pro.

Time to save up, hopefully I'll be able to order one soon.

This really came out of nowhere btw, I wish this had been announced a bit earlier so I could start selling and saving up money for it.

Well done, really, awesome product.

Rot
03-06-2018, 02:46 PM
https://i.imgur.com/RKk8tlR.jpg

xROTx

Yodd
03-06-2018, 02:49 PM
https://i.imgur.com/RKk8tlR.jpg

xROTx

:keke:

Jibbajaba
03-06-2018, 02:59 PM
I'm all over this like an Alaskan on a bottle of cough syrup.

ChopstickSamurai
03-06-2018, 03:00 PM
I love my NeoSD and the Pro looks just sick. I'll be interested to see what the price will be. Awesome work!

opt2not
03-06-2018, 03:05 PM
Wow, this is going to be an expensive year! I might have to pull the trigger on a flashcart now. I've waited a long while to see which product would come out on top, convincing myself that my 160-in-1 is fine for now...but it looks too good to pass up.

Rot
03-06-2018, 03:15 PM
For all those Darksofts device order guys... I have included a pixelated version....

https://i.imgur.com/BtXQAk4.png

...I would suggest turning the voltage on your PC/Laptop/Mobile Device to 4.6V.... to fix the image :keke:

xROTx

dkarDaGobert
03-06-2018, 03:16 PM
wow! just wow!

Yodd
03-06-2018, 03:18 PM
For all those Darksofts device order guys... I have included a pixelated version....

https://i.imgur.com/BtXQAk4.png

...I would suggest turning the voltage on your PC/Laptop/Mobile Device to 4.6V.... to fix the image :keke:

xROTx

ahahah the darksoft filter

Ricard350
03-06-2018, 03:23 PM
You pretty much spoke on our behalf on this one, Rot
:)

dl1955
03-06-2018, 03:25 PM
Definitely getting one! :)

cyd
03-06-2018, 03:25 PM
I wish I had this much ambition! Ant chance that you left a few spare IOs for the link-games? ;)

100Daily
03-06-2018, 03:31 PM
Bravo! I am so happy with my NeoSD, I am not sure I can part with more cash but it looks amazing! You guys rock.

Razoola
03-06-2018, 03:34 PM
There it is!

neosd
03-06-2018, 03:37 PM
I wish I had this much ambition! Ant chance that you left a few spare IOs for the link-games? ;)

Hello,

Yes, we thought about that.

We have left all needed hardware (both on the pcb and also on the shell) but its not coded or tested, this is why we haven´t anounced it.

We have plans to do it but until its done its not being advertished, cause it may end not working at all. One dosen´t has something until its working ...

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/link.jpg

massimiliano
03-06-2018, 03:51 PM
Touche' ! Bravi!!

F4U57
03-06-2018, 03:54 PM
Wow! More incentive to sell the collection.

Rot
03-06-2018, 03:58 PM
HELLO DARKSOFT GUYS... WELCOME WELCOME...

https://i.imgur.com/OKQBgoU.png?1

xROTx

PS. Please feel free to join and contribute....

EDIT. Say what you LIKE guys... but we don't delete posts or ban members JUST because we feel it's bad for "Bizness"...

Shipwreck_00
03-06-2018, 04:06 PM
This is amazing!!! You guys should throw an NGPC emulator on there too!!! (wishful thinking)

cyd
03-06-2018, 04:10 PM
I had a guess about that unpopulated socket ;) Keep up the good work guys!

neosd
03-06-2018, 04:24 PM
BTW, here is a nice picture i want to share.

Its the PROG pcb layout design, it can be seen how deep the design is this time.

Hope you guys like it

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/prog_layout.jpeg

Syn
03-06-2018, 04:24 PM
This is amazing!!! You guys should throw an NGPC emulator on there too!!! (wishful thinking)

With the memory available, there's a lot more possibilities.

Tanooki
03-06-2018, 04:27 PM
It's like they took what DarkSoft did and bragged about but did it right. At face value it seems to behave like the NGPC SD Kit does too. There's so much storage that can hold X games for immediate future access along with reduced flashing times. I agree with shots fired on this.

aku
03-06-2018, 04:30 PM
must have upgrade...

btw. new logo is very nice...

pwned.

Pope Sazae
03-06-2018, 04:34 PM
I've been holding off on getting anything Neo for a bit now but it seems like it is time to get a CMVS or Supergun and buy a NSD Pro

MobiusStripTech
03-06-2018, 04:37 PM
Might have sold my NeoSD AES. Just waiting for that preorder notification for the upgrade. It'll be like have 2 big reds.

ginoscope
03-06-2018, 04:44 PM
Very impressive and congrats to the NeoSD team. The pro has so many new features I had to do a double take to let it all sink in. Looking forward to future products.

JMKurtz
03-06-2018, 04:48 PM
Very impressive - nice work!!

K405
03-06-2018, 04:51 PM
Wow! Impressive. Very cool!

leonk
03-06-2018, 04:53 PM
Might have sold my NeoSD AES. Just waiting for that preorder notification for the upgrade. It'll be like have 2 big reds.

Why? The NeoSD PRO performance of the Flash memory should be the same as NeoSD Standard. The NeoSD Standard is still a very capable multicart and great product.

The performance of the RAM over Flash is a great feature, but not sure if it's worth the extra purchase for those that already own an NeoSD. What sort of performance differences do we see between Flash and RAM? 2X, 3X?

Rot
03-06-2018, 04:55 PM
Wow! Impressive. Very cool!

Didn't you buy the Dicksoft device?... how's that working out for you?

xROTx

Damulta
03-06-2018, 04:56 PM
I'm glad I have had no funds to buy one now lol

nornor1
03-06-2018, 04:58 PM
Why? The NeoSD PRO performance of the Flash memory should be the same as NeoSD Standard. The NeoSD Standard is still a very capable multicart and great product.

The performance of the RAM over Flash is a great feature, but not sure if it's worth the extra purchase for those that already own an NeoSD. What sort of performance differences do we see between Flash and RAM? 2X, 3X?

I may be wrong, but you can load 4 games into the 4 slots, probably takes just as long as the Neosd to load the 4 games, but once they are there you have 4 games ready on deck. But if you want to quick load the 5th slot with something you can do it quickly and play it quickly. once you turn the system off, the 5th slot will erase. that's good for me, because I like to switch games a lot. less waiting time on that one slot.

Yodd
03-06-2018, 04:58 PM

The flashing to flash is about 25% faster on the Pro and flashing to ram is a lot faster.

NeoSD Pro
Kof2k3
Flash memory - 2:30
Ram - 50 seconds

I can post up some quick and dirty numbers between the original and Pro later tonight.

Damulta
03-06-2018, 05:02 PM
Is there any slow downs in Metal Slug X

neosd
03-06-2018, 05:11 PM
Is there any slow downs in Metal Slug X

Not that we have noticed.

Why should Metal Slug X slowdown ?

MobiusStripTech
03-06-2018, 05:12 PM

Being able to leave 4 games I frequently play loaded in ROM and then loading the most recent game I want to play with RAM is a huge bonus to me. It is basically like having another 4 slot. That's worth an upgrade to me.

sparksterz
03-06-2018, 05:12 PM
Well, good news...I was still having issues saving up the $500 USD to buy the regular Neo SD. Guess while I'm saving, I'll have to decide if it's worth saving a little more now! Looking forward to Todd's review!

GadgetUK
03-06-2018, 05:13 PM
BTW, here is a nice picture i want to share.

Its the PROG pcb layout design, it can be seen how deep the design is this time.

Hope you guys like it

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/prog_layout.jpeg

WOW, that's an incredible bit of routing!

neosd
03-06-2018, 05:21 PM
WOW, that's an incredible bit of routing!

This capture was done in early routing stage, the final routing is even deeper.

I wish i could show other devices we got with even deeper layout and all on BGA

Exciting times are coming for retro lovers, guys. We are pushing hard to make dreams true

RAZO
03-06-2018, 06:01 PM
Good Job Terra Onion Team. You hit another one right out of the park.

opt2not
03-06-2018, 06:30 PM
Exciting times are coming for retro lovers, guys. We are pushing hard to make dreams true

Please consider an RGB and Audio out solution for the NGPC. Something that can be consolized...the NGPC needs more indie hardware solutions IMO.

F4U57
03-06-2018, 06:50 PM
Please consider an RGB and Audio out solution for the NGPC. Something that can be consolized...the NGPC needs more indie hardware solutions IMO.

I second this!

famicommander
03-06-2018, 06:58 PM
Pretty much any consolized handheld would get my money.

Sceptre_JLRB
03-06-2018, 07:20 PM
Wow! iossss!
IMPRESSIVE!!! Out-of-the-blue part II! :-)

For those complaining about no RAM or no multigame on the original NeoSD... Here you have twice!
For Darksoft lovers... Time to go back to Earth.

Congratulations, Terraonion!!! Now I'm really afraid of what could be your next project... :D

wju2004
03-06-2018, 07:38 PM
Well, I had plans to buy the original soon. Guess now I'm on hold for the MVS Pro!

Glad I waited just a bit longer.

phoenixdownita
03-06-2018, 08:28 PM
Holy Schmoly ..... let's see the price ... if it's on the high side I swear I'm gonna pester NeoSD to make an AES RAM-only version ... cause I'm both cheap and impatient (they can't say anymore that "they don't know how to do it" now)

Incredible achievement guys ..... I've got tear in my eyes (and in my wallet)

Saroyan
03-06-2018, 08:53 PM
Wow, this looks amazing! I actually just put in an order at stoneagegamer last week for a neosd AES and am waiting on back order. I’m thinking of cancelling that order and buying this instead. Will these be available through stoneagegamer any time soon or would I need to order straight from Terraonion store to get one from the first batch? I only ask that because it’s easier to order from stoneagegamer since my credit union can be a pain when it comes to international credit card purchases.

Thanks for making such awesome stuff guys, I can’t wait to see what’s next!

lachlan
03-06-2018, 09:46 PM
Fuck me dead! I bought the NeoSD for MVS and have loved it dearly, can't wait for the PRO version!

Yodd
03-06-2018, 10:19 PM
To wet your appetites, here are some numbers I came up with tonight.

https://s17.postimg.org/z7052sxzz/chart_2.png

fenikso
03-06-2018, 11:10 PM
Hot damn! I'd be feeling pretty silly right now, if I'd bought DS's cart. Even if they eventually iron out the kinks, this curb stomps his from on high. I'm now glad I held off getting the AES version of the NeoSD, I'll definitely be getting this soon as it's released.

MobiusStripTech
03-06-2018, 11:18 PM
Never been happier to have canceled my DS preorder and go the NeoSD route.

joala
03-06-2018, 11:41 PM
Yodd - you lucky bastard :)

noir
03-07-2018, 12:31 AM
Yodd - you lucky bastard :)

While certainly lucky, I think a lot of people underestimate the time, effort, and follow-through for testing or previewing a product like this. It's not like getting a new toy in the mail that you just get to pop in and enjoy. I'm envious as well, but worth acknowledging the work he previously put in to be offered a preview unit, as well as the work he continues to put in to help demo and test the product. Maybe some luck involved, but also a lot of work.

joala
03-07-2018, 01:18 AM
Onya. Yodds videos speak for themselves.

pva
03-07-2018, 02:15 AM
https://78.media.tumblr.com/e63c2d2ca05b3bf8a7bab502804fcbf6/tumblr_inline_owmtzbaz3V1uafcgl_540.gif

I'm sorely tempted to upgrade my NeoSD to the Pro just for the RAM slot feature alone!

NEOSD PRO MVS will enter production as soon as NEOSD PRO AES production completes.

I don't know whether it comes down to production schedules or cunning marketing tactics in the end, but I think it was a shrewd move to launch the AES version first, while the DS AES multicart remains in development.

atman
03-07-2018, 02:35 AM
Holy smoke, love what I'm seeing.

Just brought the neoSD, so I'd sure hope there wont be any price drop on that. :) If it where today I might have waited depending on the price difference.

To be able to boot directly like it was a real neo cart was an absolute dealbreaker for me. And the support Terraonion seems to provide to their customer made the choice easy.

Raph4
03-07-2018, 02:54 AM
https://youtu.be/kBYsckt-x74?t=2m37s

@2m37s Whe can see Unibios free version.
This NeoSD Pro can use Unibios from ROMs files (MAME) ?

AlxUnderBase
03-07-2018, 03:35 AM
https://youtu.be/kBYsckt-x74?t=2m37s

@2m37s Whe can see Unibios free version.
This NeoSD Pro can use Unibios from ROMs files (MAME) ?

Really ? this will crash the entire darksoft's product world! Guys ... Count on my support too !

Raph4
03-07-2018, 03:40 AM
There ... is a Unibios chip installed on the motherboard already. Doesen't matter ... where did you see there cause are (MAME) roms ? the entire Neo Geo collection can be used on NesSd (MVS or AES) cartridges ... if you have both ... (Unibios chip ... 3.2 or 3.3) and NeoSd MVS or AES cartridges you'll get the same things ! Cheers !

Free version is not chip :)

AlxUnderBase
03-07-2018, 03:42 AM
Raph ... sorry for my mistake , now i read what's about there ! Cheers

neodev
03-07-2018, 03:45 AM
Free version is not chip :)

No, neosd can't run the bios from a file. You see it's the free version because we burned it into an EEPROM and replaced the original AES bios with the burned one.

Raph4
03-07-2018, 03:50 AM
OK, thanks for the clarification.

Raph ... sorry for my mistake , now i read what's about there ! Cheers
nop ;)

Rot
03-07-2018, 05:18 AM
https://i.imgur.com/H15EEiG.jpg

xROTx

PS. Meh... so I'm trolling... please place all complaints in my PM box for evaluation...

leonk
03-07-2018, 09:21 AM
To wet your appetites, here are some numbers I came up with tonight.

Wonder if there is a performance difference between AES and MVS. Your tests show a difference between NEOSD and PRO on 2 different consoles.

neodev
03-07-2018, 09:40 AM
Wonder if there is a performance difference between AES and MVS. Your tests show a difference between NEOSD and PRO on 2 different consoles.

Yes, there is a slight performance difference between AES and MVS, with AES being actually a bit slower than MVS, so the speed gain might even be a bit higher than the numbers shown.

ovalfastlx
03-07-2018, 12:05 PM
I was about to order a NEOSD for my birthday and this announcement came up. I will be putting a pre-order in for the PRO. Thanks:D

TuSecsy
03-07-2018, 12:53 PM
Really ? this will crash the entire darksoft's product world! Guys ... Count on my support too !

Depends on the price really. If this thing is 600-700$ then the darksoft cart is still faster and much cheaper for those of us who don't care about the 5 slots.

Yes darksoft is ironing out the kinks, but that's what happens with every new product, SSD3, Super NT, Neo SD, etc.

Rot
03-07-2018, 12:56 PM
Depends on the price really. If this thing is 600-700$ then the darksoft cart is still faster and much cheaper for those of us who don't care about the 5 slots.

Yes darksoft is ironing out the kinks, but that's what happens with every new product, SSD3, Super NT, Neo SD, etc.

I LOVE YOU...

I mean... honestly, you are the sort of member that makes me feel the scene is in good hands after the old guard are gone...

You are a true superstar of the forum... God Bless you...TOO_SUCKY!

Pope Sazae
03-07-2018, 12:59 PM

But what if you want a device that just works?

MobiusStripTech
03-07-2018, 01:13 PM
Isn't this the same dude who was ripping on Darksoft here and ripping on TerraOnion on shmups?

elevengames
03-07-2018, 01:27 PM
Isn't this the same dude who was ripping on Darksoft here and ripping on TerraOnion on shmups?

You are correct.

arvislegend
03-07-2018, 03:16 PM
Can't wait to pick it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hine62
03-07-2018, 04:53 PM
Fantastic! I can't wait to pick this up... :multi_co: I've spent way too much on carts this year and it is only March, lol. Great work!

lachlan
03-07-2018, 07:25 PM

So you're saying you'd be okay with a toaster that kinda works instead of a slightly more expensive one that actually does work?

Syn
03-07-2018, 08:17 PM
So you're saying you'd be okay with a toaster that kinda works instead of a slightly more expensive one that actually does work?

He's two faced sucking hard wherever he's at.

The right people know.

I'm very interested in hearing about this as I am in the target group for this upgrade. The 5 games available and loading times greatly reduced means this is all over my radar.

May have to sell some games soon.

Gamemaster
03-07-2018, 10:51 PM
Hmm to bad i bought a AES NeoSd a few months ago. I orginally wanted a RAM version for faster loading times.
The Pro is pretty much what i wanted but i could live with even 1 slot for flash or even without flash.

Great product. I guess its really time to sell my AES collection now.

crocchio
03-08-2018, 12:47 PM
wow wow wow i'll buy this card!!!
i want it....NOWWWW:D

Fygee
03-08-2018, 12:49 PM
MVS Pro preorder ahoy.

I'm really glad I waited. I'm really, really, really glad I didn't preorder DS' cart.

Neodogg
03-08-2018, 12:51 PM
Ugh, but I already have the both NeoSD's.....now this...

Todd, you're a jerk, you didn't even let me come over and touch it...

MobiusStripTech
03-08-2018, 12:52 PM
Officially sold my NeoSD AES cart yesterday so I can buy this.

DecepticonZero
03-08-2018, 01:24 PM
Todd, you're a jerk, you didn't even let me come over and touch it...

You're still talking about the Neo SD Pro right?

Rot
03-08-2018, 01:48 PM
You're still talking about the Neo SD Pro right?

https://i.imgflip.com/tlpsm.jpg

xROTx

WNivek
03-08-2018, 04:26 PM
An exciting announcement, to be sure.

For myself, I fear I'll have to pass this one by - my original NeoSD was pricey enough, and it would be difficult for me to justify the purchase of another.
Nevertheless I look forward to further news of this new hardware, and I wish the best of luck to the Terraonion team.

Montatez
03-08-2018, 09:01 PM
Hmmmmm my birthday is coming maybe I'll drop some hints to my wife.... (Pry won't work but hell why not)

Sega Rhea
03-08-2018, 11:49 PM
Welp. Anyone need to get rid of a regular NeoSD, haha.

Seriously though, depending on price, this is VERY tempting. I can't believe how the community went from cheap chinese multicarts to the NeoSD and now to this Pro unit in such a short amount of time. Great work, blows my mind.

Raph4
03-09-2018, 12:25 AM
Yes, depending price..
It's already time to sell my 161-in-1 AES (http://www.neostore.com/Multigame-161-in-1-English-AES-p/1339.htm) ? :loco:

Beelay
03-09-2018, 08:45 PM
I was just about to buy a NeoSD... guess I'll wait! This looks incredible!

Gyrian
03-10-2018, 08:41 AM
https://imgur.com/ToPWIeO.gif

I am late to this party, but bra-fucking-vo. You've outdone yourselves. The NeoSD was already so well put together, I had not even considered you might go back and do more.

Gaston
03-10-2018, 09:06 AM
What's the price on this new version gonna be? Not a fan of flashcarts and not buying but just curious. Original is already discounted.

Rot
03-10-2018, 09:10 AM
What's the price on this new version gonna be? Not a fan of flashcarts and not buying but just curious. Original is already discounted.

How about you read the fuckin' thread...

..and learn to multi-quote...

Troll or not... i'll delete your fuckin' existence if you don't shape up...

neosd
03-10-2018, 11:02 AM

Original is NOT DISCOUNTED.

We don´t have stock of AES and we are already tired about answering emails about when are we going to ship Super SD System 3 (it will be monday BTW), so we decided to stop AES sales until we have stock back, just to not get more emails asking about when are we going to ship.

Both NEOSD and NEOSD PRO will be sold at the same time, at different prices.

More details when we have shipped Super SD System 3 (in about two weeks), we are doing so many things right now :

Super SD System 3 shipment
New website design
Neosd production.
Neosd PRO production.
Our own forum

And a pile of other things more that i can´t talk about.

We are just trying to focus on priorities (Super SD System 3 shipment and new website/forums), everything else (NEOSD restock) can wait

Kid Panda
03-10-2018, 11:05 AM

If you have no intention of buying one, why does the price concern you?

wingzrow
03-10-2018, 04:46 PM
And the lazy consumer who didn't buy the original release wins again!

Player 1
03-12-2018, 03:21 AM
NeoSD Pro sounds great...can't wait...and I hope it is affordable.

Seren
03-12-2018, 02:23 PM
Glad I waited and didn't buy a DS cart after reading about glitches and seeing images of green debug screens. It's understandable that early adopters may encounter these issues, yet for the amount of time it was in development there is no excuse imo.

I hope to order a MVS version of the NeoSD Pro once more news and prices are announced.

lachlan
03-13-2018, 05:02 PM
If you have no intention of buying one, why does the price concern you?

Fuckin window shoppers! fuck off!

Kid Panda
03-13-2018, 05:37 PM
Fuckin window shoppers! fuck off!

I know right? :lolz:

Damulta
03-13-2018, 06:30 PM
And the lazy consumer who didn't buy the original release wins again!
I don't get my bonus for the year till April total win cause that's when I was going to get the now non pro

Rave
03-14-2018, 01:36 PM
My mate at work is gonna piss in his pants when i show him this!

jeffkun34
03-15-2018, 08:28 AM
I'm so glad I did not have the free scratch for a cart until now. I can't wait till the MVS version of the PRO opens up.

acblunden2
03-15-2018, 08:28 AM
Always appreciative of devs that lend their talents and more importantly their integrity to this hobby. So for that, congrats on this effort and a big thank you! Life just got a bit easier. About 3 less threads to follow now. ¡Viva México!

RevQuixo
03-15-2018, 09:36 AM
¡Viva México!

Um..what?

daskrabs
03-15-2018, 09:43 AM
So, will the MVS version (eventually) work seamlessly in a populated multi-slot board? If I had a 6-slot board with 5 carts and a PRO, would that mean I could have a 10-slot Neo Geo (5 carts + 4 Flash + 1 RAM) that can cycle through all?

sr20det510
03-15-2018, 10:59 AM
Um..what?

Always appreciative of devs that lend their talents and more importantly their integrity to this hobby. So for that, congrats on this effort and a big thank you! Life just got a bit easier. About 3 less threads to follow now. ¡Viva México!
Think ACblunden2 is proud to be Mexican, or he wanted to listen to the song, "Que viva Mexico"

"Soy y puro mexicano
Nacido en este suelo
En esta hermosa tierra
Que es mi linda nación
Mi México querido
Que linda es mi bandera
Si alguno la mancilla
Le parto el corazón
Viva México, viva América
Oh suelo bendito de Dios
Mi sangre por ti daré yo
Soy puro mexicano
Y nunca me he rajado
Si quieren informarse
La historia les dirá
Que México es valiente
Y nunca se ha rajado
Viva la democracia
También la libertad
Viva México, viva......
Soy puro mexicano
Por eso estoy dispuesto
Si México lo quiere
Que tenga que pelear
Mi vida se la ofrezco
Al cabo el me la ha dado
Y como buen soldado
Yo se la quiero dar.."

cyd
03-15-2018, 04:10 PM
So, will the MVS version (eventually) work seamlessly in a populated multi-slot board? If I had a 6-slot board with 5 carts and a PRO, would that mean I could have a 10-slot Neo Geo (5 carts + 4 Flash + 1 RAM) that can cycle through all?

It would be highly unlikely that it would (or even could) work like that.

acblunden2
03-15-2018, 04:26 PM
Think ACblunden2 is proud to be Mexican, or he wanted to listen to the song, "Que viva Mexico"

"Soy y puro mexicano
Nacido en este suelo
En esta hermosa tierra
Que es mi linda nación
Mi México querido
Que linda es mi bandera
Si alguno la mancilla
Le parto el corazón
Oh suelo bendito de Dios
Mi sangre por ti daré yo
Soy puro mexicano
Y nunca me he rajado
Si quieren informarse
La historia les dirá
Que México es valiente
Y nunca se ha rajado
Viva la democracia
También la libertad
Viva México, viva......
Soy puro mexicano
Por eso estoy dispuesto
Si México lo quiere
Que tenga que pelear
Mi vida se la ofrezco
Al cabo el me la ha dado
Y como buen soldado
Yo se la quiero dar.."

Actually, it is an homage to the effort and part joke to neosd's nationality. The stuff that goes on in chat somedays. I am Asian, btw.

neosd
03-15-2018, 05:07 PM
Actually, it is an homage to the effort and part joke to neosd's nationality. The stuff that goes on in chat somedays. I am Asian, btw.

we are human beings, our country is the world.

Glad we are compared with mexicans or any other country,

neodev
03-16-2018, 02:25 AM

When the swith button is added to nsd pro (right now, changing a game is done through the in game menu or the neosd menu), it will behave a bit different.
Because the bios just sees one cart in each slot, and nsd pro just tricks the bios, it will (probably) work as follows.
When attract mode cycling, the nsd pro will switch to a different game once it has looped all slots.
Using the slot change button will change to a different cart slot, and when returning to the neosd slot, it will change to another game.

Say, you have mslug 1 and 2 on neosd pro and mslug 3 as actual cart, the attract cycle will do mslug 1, mslug 3, mslug 2, mslug 3...
And switch button will do the same sequence.
That's just how it will probably work, as the button switch it's not implemented in the firmware yet.

acblunden2
03-16-2018, 03:52 AM
we are human beings, our country is the world.

Amen to this brother.

joala
03-18-2018, 10:56 PM
Yodd - did you get round to doing a vid for this epic cart or did you post it already (and I missed it)?

Yodd
03-18-2018, 10:58 PM
Yodd - did you get round to doing a vid for this epic cart or did you post it already (and I missed it)?

It’s still a work in progress. Soon.

3rdStrikeMike
03-20-2018, 04:29 PM
It’s still a work in progress. Soon.

Can't wait to see this and hear any new info :buttrock:

Yodd
03-20-2018, 05:56 PM
Can't wait to see this and hear any new info :buttrock:

It will be this Thursday or Friday.

Gaston
03-21-2018, 04:39 AM
I know right? :lolz:

I was going to remind you per dollar where you should be spending your money instead. Flashcart loverboys.

joala
03-21-2018, 08:53 AM

Awesome :)

3rdStrikeMike
03-21-2018, 10:29 AM

Excellent! Good start to the weekend :-J

phoenixdownita
03-21-2018, 04:28 PM

Is your video waiting for the price/availability announcement at all or there's no relation among the two?
[basically should we expect NeoSD to announce more details on the PRO cart at the same time as your video?]

Yodd
03-21-2018, 05:27 PM
Is your video waiting for the price/availability announcement at all or there's no relation among the two?
[basically should we expect NeoSD to announce more details on the PRO cart at the same time as your video?]

No relation. At least not that I know of.

My guess is that Alex won’t announce any more details until he is caught up on SSDS3 shipments. But that’s just a guess.

neosd
03-22-2018, 06:47 AM
No relation. At least not that I know of.

My guess is that Alex won’t announce any more details until he is caught up on SSDS3 shipments. But that’s just a guess.

Thats correct.

BTW, we are producing NEOSD PRO MVS right now

Once we are up to date with all pending stuff (super sd system 3 and others), we will give the details

We just don´t want any distraction right now, until we have shipped all super sd system 3 pending orders

joala
03-22-2018, 06:50 AM
Thats correct.

Once we are up to date with all pending stuff (super sd system 3 and others), we will give the details

We just don´t want any distraction right now, until we have shipped all super sd system 3 pending orders

Whoop! Take my money!!

3rdStrikeMike
03-22-2018, 11:18 AM
Thats correct.

Makes total sense. Can't wait to hear all the details!

MobiusStripTech
03-22-2018, 11:54 AM
Hmm... decisions decisions. Really wanted to get one for my AES, but the idea of having just shy of 10 games quickly accessible in my 4 slot is extremely tempting.

TuSecsy
03-22-2018, 06:53 PM
I'll just stick with darksoft's cart, cheaper, and all the bugs are worked out by now.

egg_sanwich
03-22-2018, 07:28 PM
I'll just stick with darksoft's cart, cheaper, and all the bugs are worked out by now.

Troll game so weak, you probably can't afford either.

joala
03-22-2018, 07:35 PM

Tusux, take some trolling pointers off Gaston

TuSecsy
03-22-2018, 09:48 PM

you live in canada...can you afford food?

opt2not
03-22-2018, 10:05 PM
you live in canada...can you afford food?

Wow you're an idiot.

TuSecsy
03-23-2018, 01:10 AM
Wow you're an idiot.

CAD = .77 USD

Yodd
03-23-2018, 09:10 AM
Sorry guys, video delayed till tomorrow around noon-ish.

GadgetUK
03-23-2018, 11:01 AM
Looking forward to it =D

djjimmyjames
03-24-2018, 12:45 AM
Crazy thought but how hard would it be to implement online features?

Yodd
03-24-2018, 10:40 AM
Get yourself a sandwich and strap in. It's NEOSD PRO time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU-kQGTIrtA

Razoola
03-24-2018, 11:08 AM
Nice one, just watched it through.

Vendest
03-24-2018, 11:09 AM
Nice and very comprehensive review!
I am personally not keen to sell at a low price the NeoSD to upgrade for a Pro. I can bear with the flashing time. The Pro clearly has nice features and it would make no sense to buy a regular NeoSD when the Pro is available... Well depends on the price.

donluca
03-24-2018, 11:21 AM
This is truly the definitive Neo Geo cart. I really can't think of anything better or features I'd want other then the ones in.

Great job neosd team, you never stop to impress, I hope the sales for this will be huge, it really deserves it.

And thanks Yodd for the in-depth video!

3rdStrikeMike
03-24-2018, 11:21 AM
Get yourself a sandwich and strap in. It's NEOSD PRO time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU-kQGTIrtA

It's time! Excellent work as always Yodd!! :-J

sparksterz
03-24-2018, 11:25 AM
lol love the lego comparison. Solid video. I'd love to get one - I fear the pricing though >.> we'll see!

RAZO
03-24-2018, 11:30 AM
Great review Todd.

-SD-
03-24-2018, 11:50 AM
Really good video, you got a thumbs up from me...

heihachi
03-24-2018, 02:28 PM
Just watched yodd's review. Another great TerraOnion product as expected.

joala
03-24-2018, 07:33 PM
Haha! Love the Lego bit :)

Great vid again Todd, worth the wait

Neosd pro - SOLD!

aha2940
03-25-2018, 01:46 AM
I just watched the video, really well done and it seems to cover everything. From what I saw, the neosd pro looks very nice, I like the design of the menus, clear and to the point. Guess most of my remaining collection will be showing up on the market soon. I think only the really favorites will be kept original (basically the slugs, kof95 and blazing star).

Yodd
03-25-2018, 02:37 AM
For any of you guys that don't follow me on Twitter (and you should, I'm @ToddsNerdCave), I posted up a screenshot of the Premiere Pro timeline from the NEOSD Pro video.

https://s18.postimg.org/qcpxtczo9/neosd_pro_timeline.jpg

It's not a massively complex timeline, but thought worth sharing.

And in contrast, here is the timeline from the SSDS3 review:

https://s18.postimg.org/kbs8wakrt/SSDS3_timeline.jpg

dkarDaGobert
03-25-2018, 07:43 AM
nice review yodd!
watching it right now. just a question about the neo sd pro, is it already possible or will it be possible to set a slot specific region ie slot 1: japan, slot2: eu etc or is it "just" global for all slots?

this might be a nice feature ;)

Ps: same for the mode - mvs and aes

opt2not
03-25-2018, 09:26 AM
Love those Premiere screenshots

Yodd
03-25-2018, 10:30 AM
nice review yodd!
watching it right now. just a question about the neo sd pro, is it already possible or will it be possible to set a slot specific region ie slot 1: japan, slot2: eu etc or is it "just" global for all slots?

this might be a nice feature ;)

Ps: same for the mode - mvs and aes

No, it’s global. You could always submit that to Alex as a feature request.

Razoola
03-25-2018, 10:38 AM
No, it’s global. You could always submit that to Alex as a feature request.

Its best to be global IMO, espicially once they have SLOT changing like real multislot hardware.

Yodd
03-26-2018, 09:03 AM
Its best to be global IMO, espicially once they have SLOT changing like real multislot hardware.

Ahhh good point.

DazaMcc
03-27-2018, 05:18 PM
I have to say, this looks amazing. I was weighing up the pros and cons of both cartridges and this has decided it for me in NeoSD's favour. As long as it's not too much more expensive than the original cart, i would order an AES version right now. Is there anywhere I can enter my email address to get automatic updates about this? I really want one.

Rot
03-27-2018, 05:25 PM
Is there anywhere I can enter my email address to get automatic updates about this? I really want one.

This aint you personal pager system...

Why don't you just pretend you're in some way a gamer or part of a community.... instead of coming across as a lazy ass leech...

DazaMcc
03-27-2018, 05:52 PM
WOW! What a response to a newcomer to this forum. Can you highlight the part where I offended you the most? Was i an asshole in some way? Did i disrespect you somehow? I would never want to be in a community with you in it!

MobiusStripTech
03-27-2018, 06:15 PM
WOW! What a response to a newcomer to this forum. Can you highlight the part where I offended you the most? Was i an asshole in some way? Did i disrespect you somehow? I would never want to be in a community with you in it!

Ban incoming.

Syn
03-27-2018, 06:49 PM
Well New members who post without even reading any of the faqs aren't really welcome.

Win, win situation, bye.

opt2not
03-27-2018, 07:02 PM
Ban incoming.

https://78.media.tumblr.com/3aa2bc78f704590f16e3aad479cd4cba/tumblr_mvyj69kVop1rj2phto1_500.gif

Rot
03-28-2018, 03:40 AM

TBH... The amount of n00b dumbness I've seen from newly registered members and what I would term "oldtymer n00bness" during this Terraonion phase has been somewhat irritating...

...Let's do an example here of how to do the NG.com thingy....

When I joined like a while back... I decided to actually read stuff and contribute... SURE I got myself into trouble and got threatened with a ban in my first 2 weeks here...

But I knew if I stuck it out... things would be fine...

...The most important thing was actually contributing and not assuming the members here would accept you even tho you held a good degree... good job... or that you've been around the scene for quite some time... etc etc...

The recent spate of n00b "entitlement" imo is somewhat aggravating... however, as today I'm in a somewhat tolerant mood... I'll let this one go...

xROTx

PS. Read the forums... enjoy the site.... but never... ever assume that we're just going to accept you ... just because that's how they do it on other sites or social media platforms...

Kid Panda
03-28-2018, 05:45 AM
I have to say, this looks amazing. I was weighing up the pros and cons of both cartridges and this has decided it for me in NeoSD's favour. As long as it's not too much more expensive than the original cart, i would order an AES version right now. Is there anywhere I can enter my email address to get automatic updates about this? I really want one.

Did you not realize that you can subscribe to this thread? That would give you said updates. If you don't want to be part of this community you're more than welcome to check their website every 5 mins so you don't miss the opportunity to order one of these. Either way, you are coming off as a impatient customer.

Rot
03-28-2018, 05:56 AM
Did you not realize that you can subscribe to this thread? That would give you said updates. If you don't want to be part of this community you're more than welcome to check their website every 5 mins so you don't miss the opportunity to order one of these. Either way, you are coming off as a impatient customer.

I know... that's why I replied to this one...

Subscribing to a thread is easy... but why bother finding out when you can just push a post button instead...

Meh... I fear for the future when the present day mentality of the "scene" is one of "entitlement"...

xROTx

DazaMcc
03-28-2018, 10:42 AM
Your reply is a lot more friendly and helpful, thank you.

Rot
03-28-2018, 11:00 AM
Your reply is a lot more friendly and helpful, thank you.

I aint here to be your friend lad...

I have a function to perform here and I do whatever it takes...

Just think of this episode... as catching me at a good time... It could've gone the other way tbh...

xROTx

PS. I'd suggest you read the site thoroughly... it's sorta enjoyable in the main...

... not ALL the mods have a bigass "I'm a mod banner on them"...

Katsu
03-31-2018, 08:06 PM
I never could have imagined this when I first got my Neo Geo 25+ years ago. The technical achievements by dedicated community members never cease to amaze me.

I'd been debating getting a NeoSD to keep from swapping games between my Big Red and my CMVS slim, but this does it. Assuming this thing won't be $1000 or something, I'm definitely down to get the Pro. Looks like I'll be waiting a while though as they have to go through the Super SD 3 and NeoSD Pro AES production batches first. Still, I've waited this long. :)

Jedah Doma
03-31-2018, 11:35 PM
To reiterate Katsu, it seems we've finally reached that point where we can actually get as near an arcade perfect recreation on the hardware with the convenience of SD memory cards. I'll be watching this closely. Kudos.

Kid Panda
04-01-2018, 12:13 AM
To reiterate Katsu, it seems we've finally reached that point where we can actually get as near an arcade perfect recreation on the hardware with the convenience of SD memory cards. I'll be watching this closely. Kudos.

Near? What does this mean? Dude, its roms running in the actual hardware. There's no near.

Jedah Doma
04-01-2018, 12:17 AM
Near? What does this mean? Dude, its roms running in the actual hardware. There's no near.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/da/da599235a4683ff92a103a201556a479ef10f3c4aed75141c2 b8eac5e1e17c7e.jpg

Kid Panda
04-01-2018, 12:19 AM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/da/da599235a4683ff92a103a201556a479ef10f3c4aed75141c2 b8eac5e1e17c7e.jpg

You sound like one of those guys on facebook that say everdrives arent the same as running actual carts. There's no semantics here, you're making an ill informed post.

Jedah Doma
04-01-2018, 12:31 AM
You sound like one of those guys on facebook that say everdrives arent the same as running actual carts. There's no semantics here, you're making an ill informed post.

Okay love. You win this internet argument. I'm about to head out to meetup with some friends and not much in the mood to deal with your brand of autistic screeching. Have a good night.

Kid Panda
04-01-2018, 12:33 AM
Okay love. You win this internet argument. I'm about to head out to meetup with some friends and not much in the mood to deal with your brand of autistic screeching. Have a good night.

Says the guy who does this, "What is Boomzies? Simple, two guys talking and debating about video game culture with a live audience."
Talk about living the pathetic life. Dude disappear like you did last time.

Jedah Doma
04-01-2018, 01:11 AM
Says the guy who does this, "What is Boomzies? Simple, two guys talking and debating about video game culture with a live audience."
Talk about living the pathetic life. Dude disappear like you did last time.

See now THAT'S a perfect case of when semantics matter. Yes indeed, it was a pretty cringy name. I had no idea it was a euphemism for taking a shit.

But hey, it's my side hobby of making videos and I'm digging the new direction the channel is going in. Don't think it will be a huge success, but that's why it's not my day job. I don't want to be DSP. :lolz:

P.S. Yes, now heading to my friend's house. I just saw your comment and it made me laugh about that dumb show of mine. I had to comment.

lachlan
04-04-2018, 06:35 PM
It's alright post misinformation and then dance around the fact that you did like it doesn't matter. It's cool, go see your friends.

phoenixdownita
04-11-2018, 12:24 AM
Are we any closer to the release of the NeoSD PRO?

[as an aside any reason why the Terraonion forums are now visible only when signed in?]

MobiusStripTech
04-11-2018, 01:15 AM
[as an aside any reason why the Terraonion forums are now visible only when signed in?]

They were locked down.

phoenixdownita
04-11-2018, 02:17 PM
They were locked down.

Didn't know that. What was the reason?

Rot
04-11-2018, 02:24 PM
Didn't know that. What was the reason?

Because I wanted it so...

You have a problem with that?

xROTx

phoenixdownita
04-11-2018, 03:32 PM
Not a pb, just curious.
My mind concocted stories of attacks on the forums from unwanted third parties, or something like that, but you wanting it that way is as good as a reason for me.

Rot
04-11-2018, 03:38 PM
Not a pb, just curious.
My mind concocted stories of attacks on the forums from unwanted third parties, or something like that, but you wanting it that way is as good as a reason for me.

The Reasons are essentially this:

1. Alex was getting STRESSED with reading posts about stuff... mainly RGB stuff.... that is solveable...
2. Alex cannot RELAX... and so i intervened...
3. So for the GOOD of the forum and Alex... I made these forums private and shut out ALL the mother fuckers who just lurk and War room locked fuckers...
4. This way... i can SEE who is reading these threads and deal with them...
5. ANYONE that irritates me... has now been warned... membership here comes with a PRICE... this is NOT a Democracy... never was...

Alex wasn't happy with me when I made these forums Private... but it's my decision... and I KNOW how to run a forum....

Take it or leave it lads....

xROTx

PS. I am NOT Alex's salesman... but I made a promise and I look after people I care about....

EDIT. Like it or NOT... Forum comes FIRST... always and forever with me...

Damulta
04-12-2018, 06:52 PM
Been waiting on ebay for someone to sell off the old one for the nee pro. No luck so far.....

phoenixdownita
05-07-2018, 02:12 AM
Is the Pro coming out anytime soon?
The wait to know the price is agony .... I hope the price won't be too.

F34R
05-09-2018, 06:02 AM
I'm holding out for an MVS version. It's killing me, waiting, waiting.. lol. I'm such a child lol. I keep watching the overview videos on youtube for the Pro and it makes me even more excited. I'm cringing at the possible pricing, but hope it makes a good investment.

phoenixdownita
05-12-2018, 12:51 AM
I'm holding out for an MVS version. It's killing me, waiting, waiting.. lol. I'm such a child lol. I keep watching the overview videos on youtube for the Pro and it makes me even more excited. I'm cringing at the possible pricing, but hope it makes a good investment.

Believe it or not thanks to Uni4 and its PickNMix being able to instantly cycle thru 97 games on the 161-n-1 is quenching my thirst.
Yes those games have glitches, the ROMs are hacked, some of them are based on protos etc...etc... but given I already had it around no point in NOT using it and the instant load/switch without need to hard-reset is just pure bliss (I am on an AES, no support for the 161-n-1 "back to menu")

So waiting for the Pro and if it turns out to be too expensive (for me that is) I hope neosd/neodev consider a stripped down version with basically RAM only and whatever minimum of flash they need for the menu/splash screen/FPGA bitstream. Maybe they can achieve that by simply NOT placing the extra flash chips and having a modified firmware, so it won't need new PCBs design/testing/manufacturing ... will see it is too early either way given the Pro isn't out yet (aside from Yodd that is) and price is not announced. I doubt dropping the flash chips even if possible would reduce the price drastically so it may be a non starter, on top of that I may well be the only customer interested in a RAM only NeoSD Pro--, but I have been wrong in the past many times, finally they stated they would not make another NeoGeo flash cart after the NeoSD and yet here we are with the Pro, there may be space for another variant.

Kirkus
05-12-2018, 08:56 AM
Is the Pro coming out anytime soon?
The wait to know the price is agony .... I hope the price won't be too.

The price of the regular Neo SD comes out to about 469 bucks after conversion(US citizen). While I did buy one, most people aren't going to spend that kind of money on a system that has about 100 games. I kind of feel like the price the original is so high that they should just replace it altogether with the pro. Two things: You can't price the pro too close to the original's price, or there would be no reason to even list them side by side in the store(obvious reasons). You can't charge much more than the original's nearly 500 dollar price tag without driving away a ton of potential customers. That's assuming that like most businesses, that their goal is to make money. This could be a project that's more about making one of their own dreams come true.

phoenixdownita
05-23-2018, 12:13 AM
Now that the SSDS3 v1->v2 plan is on the way, hopefully we can get some more info on the NeoSD Pro if not a flat out release.

neosd
05-23-2018, 04:40 AM
Now that the SSDS3 v1->v2 plan is on the way, hopefully we can get some more info on the NeoSD Pro if not a flat out release.

We are working on production right now, shells should be ready at the middle of next month (june).
We are sourching chips as we speak, not an easy task cause some parts such as the 512mbit flashes are expensive and hard to obtain. Sum that to the new issue on the industry :MLCC shortages

Everyday is harder to find parts and produce. We reached a point where you can´t even source capacitors.

Resuming : when are we going to sell it ? as soon as we have it produced. How much time is going to take this ? we started yesterday to source parts (chips, pcbs, capacitors, resistors, connecors ..), we will know in the following weeks as soon as we have quotation and delivery times for the parts

BTW MLCC shortages (google that for more info), has already affected Super SD System 3 production and Neosd MVS production and i suspect this getting worst on the following months afecting acutal poducts and new products

abathur
05-23-2018, 05:46 AM
Thanks for the update. Sounds like the price point is going to be pretty steep.

Jumpingmanjim
05-23-2018, 05:54 AM
There's a resistor shortage going on as well. Good luck guys.

neosd
05-23-2018, 06:31 AM
There's a resistor shortage going on as well. Good luck guys.

Correct, some resistors on 0603, 0402 and 0805 have 24 weeks of delivery time. Those 512mbit flashes have 40 weeks of delivery time from facory order.
We are trying to source anything we can from dealers and distributors, even if we can´t source all parts. Is still too early to have a picture to guess when we will be able to produce. All i can say is that we have started the production stage this week and that from now we will produce as soon as we have all parts

All those shortages make really hard the production, cause neosd pro is an expnsive product to build so we can´t just afford buying parts to mount 1.000 units and stock those, this would require a fortune we don´t have. We need to produce small batches and doing that means that production times from first batch to seccond one may be months due those shortages.

Factoring, such a headache

neosd
05-23-2018, 06:36 AM
Thanks for the update. Sounds like the price point is going to be pretty steep.

Price will be tight and the edition (packaging, design and so) will be memorable.

greatfunky
05-23-2018, 07:09 AM
Price will be tight and the edition (packaging, design and so) will be memorable.

Each new terraonion product is a direct purchase for me , i can't resist , ahhh my savings...:tickled:

J3ster
05-23-2018, 07:24 AM
Thanks for the update. I already started saving money :)

Jumpingmanjim
05-23-2018, 07:54 AM
Correct, some resistors on 0603, 0402 and 0805 have 24 weeks of delivery time. Those 512mbit flashes have 40 weeks of delivery time from facory order.
We are trying to source anything we can from dealers and distributors, even if we can´t source all parts. Is still too early to have a picture to guess when we will be able to produce. All i can say is that we have started the production stage this week and that from now we will produce as soon as we have all parts

All those shortages make really hard the production, cause neosd pro is an expnsive product to build so we can´t just afford buying parts to mount 1.000 units and stock those, this would require a fortune we don´t have. We need to produce small batches and doing that means that production times from first batch to seccond one may be months due those shortages.

Factoring, such a headache

I was under the impression that the NAND flash shortage was over, or is it something about these chips that make them hard to get?

neosd
05-23-2018, 09:20 AM
I was under the impression that the NAND flash shortage was over, or is it something about these chips that make them hard to get?

Spansion moved to obsolete their current 512mbit NAND flashes and released a new part, the result is you can´t find the old ones (at distributors), and you get 40 weeks of factory delivery time for new ones.
We have requested quotation and delivery dates to all our distributors and chip dealers. The 40 weeks delivery date for the new flashes was given to us 2 months ago, so we asked again yesterday to see if those delivery times changed or some distributor sourced stock in advance.

You know how it woks : you need to find a distributor with already purchased stock or you are fucked cause factory orders are a joke (40 weeks delivery time). The issue is we need 6 512mbit flashes per cart and those flashes are expensive for a distributor buy in advance and wait for a customer to show demanding stock.

Anyways, if you have a realiable source for those i will be more than pleased to submit them quotation.

This is always the same story, you try to purchase components and there is always somehing missing, in christmas it was the arms, now its capacitors, resistors and flashes.

phoenixdownita
05-24-2018, 01:58 AM
We are working on production right now, shells should be ready at the middle of next month (june).
We are sourching chips as we speak, not an easy task cause some parts such as the 512mbit flashes are expensive and hard to obtain. Sum that to the new issue on the industry :MLCC shortages

Everyday is harder to find parts and produce. We reached a point where you can´t even source capacitors.

Resuming : when are we going to sell it ? as soon as we have it produced. How much time is going to take this ? we started yesterday to source parts (chips, pcbs, capacitors, resistors, connecors ..), we will know in the following weeks as soon as we have quotation and delivery times for the parts

BTW MLCC shortages (google that for more info), has already affected Super SD System 3 production and Neosd MVS production and i suspect this getting worst on the following months afecting acutal poducts and new products

I know I know it's only me so far but check this out.
Please Rot forgive me, I understand I am a persistent son a bitch just jumped on this temporary pause in which NeoSD seem to have a couple of minutes.

If the MLCC shortage persists or you can't source the flash chips in time or at a reasonable price in the near future how about a RAM only NeoSD Pro?
You can keep the same PCB with unpopulated flash chips (the added cost to the final user of the more expensive PCB is not that important imho) and have a modified firmware that only deals with the RAM (and probably the devs features Razoola seems so fond of, and if he's fond of something NeoGeo it must be good).
Once the flash chips are available in good quantities at a price you think is good, then the full NeoSD Pro can be produced (you already have everything anyway).
The NeoSD Pro-RAM (just a name I made up) may actually result in being much cheaper and maybe you can afford to stock some inventory, at the same time you may be able to sell enough of it to make up some of your R&D costs for the Pro earlier and still get to deliver the NeoSD Pro-Full down the line.

Maybe it is a stupid idea after all, maybe have a survey in the forum to see if there's enough interest.
You seem to be so good with the NeoGeo and FPGAs that I think you can turn your current product into a RAM only version very quickly (I bet a week or so) without having to change your design much at all .... of course if I am the only customer interested into this solution then it really makes no sense at all.

Anyhow, it is your product, you put your soul into it and you should release it the way you see fit, apologies if I am a little pushy.

Hopefully this post won't get my banned or war room locked.

neosd
05-24-2018, 04:01 AM
Good news on the flashes, we found 1920 units in stock and we have purcased all. This will allow us to produce 320 neosd pros.

We will have to decide how many of those wil be AES and MVS, but we will take this decision as soon as we have the rest of the parts.

Anyways, more news on the following weeks once we have the shells ready, i will post pictures and so. We still have to decide the color of the shells (i would like a black transparent smoke shell such as the one we used in super sd system 3 but this may not be everyones taste, so we are thinking about to open a poll on that subject ...)

lachlan
05-24-2018, 08:35 AM
I know I know it's only me so far but check this out.
Please Rot forgive me, I understand I am a persistent son a bitch just jumped on this temporary pause in which NeoSD seem to have a couple of minutes.

If the MLCC shortage persists or you can't source the flash chips in time or at a reasonable price in the near future how about a RAM only NeoSD Pro?
You can keep the same PCB with unpopulated flash chips (the added cost to the final user of the more expensive PCB is not that important imho) and have a modified firmware that only deals with the RAM (and probably the devs features Razoola seems so fond of, and if he's fond of something NeoGeo it must be good).
Once the flash chips are available in good quantities at a price you think is good, then the full NeoSD Pro can be produced (you already have everything anyway).
The NeoSD Pro-RAM (just a name I made up) may actually result in being much cheaper and maybe you can afford to stock some inventory, at the same time you may be able to sell enough of it to make up some of your R&D costs for the Pro earlier and still get to deliver the NeoSD Pro-Full down the line.

Maybe it is a stupid idea after all, maybe have a survey in the forum to see if there's enough interest.
You seem to be so good with the NeoGeo and FPGAs that I think you can turn your current product into a RAM only version very quickly (I bet a week or so) without having to change your design much at all .... of course if I am the only customer interested into this solution then it really makes no sense at all.

Anyhow, it is your product, you put your soul into it and you should release it the way you see fit, apologies if I am a little pushy.

Hopefully this post won't get my banned or war room locked.

You are the worst kind of 'fan' always with your 2 cents here and 2 cents there. Did it ever occur to you that maybe you're full of shit and no one cares?

FilthyRear
05-24-2018, 09:28 AM
You are the worst kind of 'fan' always with your 2 cents here and 2 cents there. Did it ever occur to you that maybe you're full of shit and no one cares?

:keke:

GohanX
05-24-2018, 10:01 AM
Good news on the flashes, we found 1920 units in stock and we have purcased all. This will allow us to produce 320 neosd pros.

We will have to decide how many of those wil be AES and MVS, but we will take this decision as soon as we have the rest of the parts.

Anyways, more news on the following weeks once we have the shells ready, i will post pictures and so. We still have to decide the color of the shells (i would like a black transparent smoke shell such as the one we used in super sd system 3 but this may not be everyones taste, so we are thinking about to open a poll on that subject ...)

I'd say stick with solid black on home system shells, transparent or a color would look weird on those. The smoke would look great on a MVS cart though.

neosd
05-24-2018, 12:18 PM
I'd say stick with solid black on home system shells, transparent or a color would look weird on those. The smoke would look great on a MVS cart though.

A part of me thinks the same, but doing that causes the led inside the boards can´t be seen from the outside.

Have you got a Super sd system3 or have you seen the shell in person ? its quite dark and i think it looks prety nice with the aes :

My own taste would be to use this black smoke transparent plastic, but the goal is to make what others want, not what i want for myself

Doing it solid black as the AES shell would be cheaper than smoke transparent black.

Here are some pictures for reference

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/pro_ssd3_1.jpeg
http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/pro_ssd3_2.jpeg

xwred5
05-24-2018, 12:53 PM
AES owner. Personally I’d like black - especially if the leds are just for sd card activity or something I don’t really need for operation.

The sss3 was a little different because of the variety of console colors it’s attached to. I am looking forward to buying this.

fenikso
05-24-2018, 02:13 PM
Oh man, you're never going to get a good RGB signal if you hook up the SSDS3 that way!

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/pro_ssd3_1.jpeg
http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/pro_ssd3_2.jpeg

Edit - Honestly don't care too much about shell color, I'll buy it at some point anyways.

phoenixdownita
05-24-2018, 03:12 PM

Every day I look in the mirror I am reminded that I am full of shit, my eyes are brown so I am full of it to the brim. That revelation hurt me 2 decades ago, now I live with it, speak my mind, ask my questions, vomit my 2 cents.

Given they got the flash chips now waiting to know the final price.

neosd
05-24-2018, 04:57 PM
Oh man, you're never going to get a good RGB signal if you hook up the SSDS3 that way!

i would have made some hilarious coment about this but the hate-o-meter is really high atm, so i better pass on that.

two eyes on my back while i walk on the street.

aku
05-24-2018, 05:16 PM
i would pay a few extra $/€/£ for a golden shell. gold fits perfect for aes, omega, the black analogue...

but: you cant go wrong with a simple black shell. fits for everyone & easier to produce & the inside counts... ;)

neosd
05-24-2018, 05:42 PM
i would pay a few extra $/€/£ for a golden shell. gold fits perfect for aes, omega, the black analogue...

but: you cant go wrong with a simple black shell. fits for everyone & easier to produce & the inside counts... ;)

Yes, but we want something pretty special, something we can keep for years and remember, this is one of the reasons of neosd pro to exist.

I get the point that going with black solid would do the job and no one would complain but i would preffer something more special for myself.

So the plan more or less now is to see if i can produce a small batch of black transparent smoke for myself and offer two options, solid black and this one. If the costs are high i will have to pass on my own taste, i asume ...

Jumpingmanjim
05-24-2018, 08:07 PM
You could make it hot pink and people would still buy it.

xwred5
05-24-2018, 10:17 PM
If you think smoke is cool. Do smoke.

If you are concerned about options, maybe work with Stone Age gamer to have them stock colors for those who want to customize - like they do with the Everdrive.

madman
05-25-2018, 01:18 AM

He does the same nonsense on Atari Age too. That's just how he is.

fenikso
05-25-2018, 02:40 AM
i would have made some hilarious coment about this but the hate-o-meter is really high atm, so i better pass on that.

two eyes on my back while i walk on the street.

You're always welcome to pm me your hilarious comments, unlike the noobs, and that toodooshy guy, I was born with a sense of humor.

nam9
05-25-2018, 02:54 AM
Go smoke. Looks amazing.

Rot
05-25-2018, 02:55 AM
Hey Lads...

I opened up the Terraonion Forum so you don't have to be logged on to read it anymore....

I am NOT sayin' we are AtariAge and start deleting posts and stuffs... so here's my assessment...

NG.com is home and I would suggest the vast majority of our memberbase just wants a nice easy life enjoying the scene... and reading up about new stuffs...

...In my assessment... the Terraonion team have benefited the scene and NG.com... so I have a certain sense of "involvement"...

This of course may change over time... but at the current moment... upsetting my world point of view is fraught with peril...

xROTx

aku
05-25-2018, 03:19 AM
Yes, but we want something pretty special, something we can keep for years and remember, this is one of the reasons of neosd pro to exist.

as i said: gold, gold, gold... ;)

Spycee
05-25-2018, 06:57 AM
I'd say choose a color that YOU like. If someone skips this because of the color they're *pretty* stupid and visibly has no life.

Or propose a color choice but since it will cost you more $$$ you should just stick with your preferred color.

abathur
05-25-2018, 07:49 AM
I like the plain and simple black of a standard cart. But if you're after something unique, smoke seems fine.

Tw3ek
05-25-2018, 12:14 PM
as i said: gold, gold, gold... ;)

https://media.giphy.com/media/lOiJqCjiEOcmc/giphy.gif

Gamemaster
05-26-2018, 05:54 PM
Well clear plastic often breaks fast after some ageing. The usual cartrige color is fine and i prefer that color but you could also do a different color.
I will buy an AES version.

Fuckwit1200
05-26-2018, 06:07 PM
Hey Lads...

I opened up the Terraonion Forum so you don't have to be logged on to read it anymore....

I am NOT sayin' we are AtariAge and start deleting posts and stuffs... so here's my assessment...

NG.com is home and I would suggest the vast majority of our memberbase just wants a nice easy life enjoying the scene... and reading up about new stuffs...

...In my assessment... the Terraonion team have benefited the scene and NG.com... so I have a certain sense of "involvement"...

This of course may change over time... but at the current moment... upsetting my world point of view is fraught with peril...

xROTx hahahahahaha!
cmon, we adults here.
accounts are subject to the whims of the staffs regardless of place, here is no *cough chatbox* different.:p
in any event, have a bottle of whitley neill gin on me, for being super cool and that. :D

Rot
05-27-2018, 02:34 AM
hahahahahaha!
cmon, we adults here.
accounts are subject to the whims of the staffs regardless of place, here is no *cough chatbox* different.:p
in any event, have a bottle of whitley neill gin on me, for being super cool and that. :D

Amiga... On the main forums I'm different...

It would be adviseable that you just play nice out on the main forums...

The members who have tried to troll me outside of chat... usually have a shortened lifespan around here...

AlxUnderBase
05-27-2018, 05:27 PM
Personally ... i do prefer to choose a bunch of colours like on stone age gamer everdrives solution, even is little bit more on the final price. But can be also in the way you thought.... a specific colour for this product and of course a special case for the cartridge itself! When the release date (or preorder date) will come ... evrybody will be on it !

Katsu
06-15-2018, 06:31 PM
I'd like a fire red one to match my stone age gamer everdrives, but I'd take any color made. I'm holding out for the MVS version so it doesn't matter too much when it's in my Big Red. My Analaogue CMVS though.... hmmm... can you make a black wooden case? ;)

neosd
06-18-2018, 10:13 AM
Personally ... i do prefer to choose a bunch of colours like on stone age gamer everdrives solution, even is little bit more on the final price. But can be also in the way you thought.... a specific colour for this product and of course a special case for the cartridge itself! When the release date (or preorder date) will come ... evrybody will be on it !

The main issue is that everyday we want to add more things to the packaging, everything sums and for the low quantities we are going to produce it ends in a lot of money.

Anyways, we will consider the multiple colors option, my main concern is paying shipping costs from china to spain and not sell those shells.

ChrisB
06-29-2018, 04:42 AM
Any closer to a release date or pricing information?

abathur
06-29-2018, 07:21 AM
Any closer to a release date or pricing information?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi0tje6xfWs

snes_collector
07-19-2018, 09:57 AM
This thing looks awesome so far, can’t wait!

Evan
07-19-2018, 11:01 AM
Looks good