PDA

View Full Version : Oficial Super SD System 3 RGB Statement

neosd
01-24-2018, 12:14 PM
We would like to start by apologizing to everyone who has received a Super SD System 3 with lower quality RGB video output than expected.

During the development of Super SD System 3, we tested numerous games on our TV setups without noticing any noise in the RGB image.

Castlevania was one of the games we used for our tests.

Here is a video taken with a stock Coregrafx 1 console and IFU CD setup over its composite video output. It has been captured with a Framemeister upscaler and Elgato Game Capture HD60 Pro:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EEJHQnER0k

This is another video of the same game, captured with the same Coregrafx 1 console, but over RGB with the first version of the Super SD System 3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UirB8I8VdJQ

It’s clear that the RGB image on the shipped Super SD System 3 is a large improvement over the stock composite video.
Even though Super SD System 3 was actually designed more as an optical disc emulator than a RGB device itself, offering a quality RGB output on the device has always been one of our goals with this product.

As soon as the tests and comments from the first received units came in, we halted shipments to analyze the reported RGB issues.
The results of our tests are the following ones :

In Castlevania, using the Framemeister and our tested CRTs and LCDs, its hard to notice the issue but it can be seen at minute 4:01 if pointed there.

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/castlevania_noise.png

There is some noise in the background there that can be seen while the background is moving.

This issue is hard or even impossible to notice on most TV setups cause the different upscalers used by current TV manufacturers filter the image in different ways, hiding this noise more or less.

On upscalers like the Framemeister and OSSC its easier to notice because of the way they do the upscaling (filtering less of the image).
And on most CRTs it’s difficult to notice as well.

With the help and feedback from the community, we have isolated the issues and they have been corrected on a new PCB design we submitted to production today, 24th January 2018.

These issues include:

1. Out of spec Composite Sync signal: This has been fixed on the new PCB by using the PCE CSYNC output to drive the CSYNC circuit. Now standard Mega drive/Genesis CSYNC cables can be used.

2. Audio noise: We have rebalanced the PCE audio that gets mixed with the CD audio therefore lowering background noise. The PCE audio was actually louder than on NEC's hardware, but by lowering it, it is now matched to the IFU audio output.

3. Video noise: This was the hardest one for us to notice during testing and the most important one to correct. This was fixed due to the fact the video amp referenced digital ground rather than analog ground. So now both audio and video grounds have been changed to analog ground. This has greatly improved video quality and removed any noise in the picture.

The new submitted PCB RGB output can be seen in this third video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gnXOJvOzEU

This last video of the same game was captured with the same Coregrafx 1 console but with the revised Super SD System 3 PCB.

The noise has totally disappeared on the same scenes where it was seen with the first PCB design (minute 3:57).

This noise issue is heavily dependent on the game being played and on the actual TV setup.
While on most games it’s impossible to notice, however in others like Bonk III it’s easier to see the noise due to the large solid color backgrounds.

Again thanks to the community we have been pointed there.

Bonk III stock coregrafx 1 composite output :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSrBKhRHuPo

Bonk III first Super SD System 3 shipped pcb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBXWj90BRQk

Bonk III new pcb :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ6enVL0TKw

Because we stand by the products that we design and sell, we will be replacing the PCB of every Super SD System 3 that has thus far been shipped out to anyone needing this replacement.

We simply ask that you remove the PCB from the Super SD System 3 and pay to ship it back to us and we will pay to ship the new PCB to you. Returns will be handled by a new dedicated Terraonion support forum that will be setup within the next 6 weeks.

This is also how long it will take for us to have the new PCBs made and have them factory soldered. At this point shipments for existing orders will continue with the new revised PCBs.

All orders will be handled in the order that they are received. This includes new orders. Day one orders are first in line. Orders placed today will be at the back of the queue. We hope to be caught up with all orders and have units on hand for shipment within 24 hours later this year.

Although it has come at great cost to us in both money and time, we realize that redesigning the Super SD System 3 was the right call to make as our goal is to deliver the best quality possible in all of our products.

We hope that you enjoy using it for years to come.

Terraonion SL

neosd
01-24-2018, 12:15 PM
EDIT 10-02-2018

Hello,

Some videos of the new pcb, its the same footage captured with the Framemeister and with a camera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZJYjLeiU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWkNYD0a7J8

Saludos

EDIT - PRODUCTION STATUS - 09-02-2018

We got the new pcbs today from factory

NEW Panel front picture:

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/pce_new_boards_1.jpeg

There is only one visible change on the front, www.neosdstore.com has been replaced by www.terraonion.com

On the back there are more changes

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/pce_new_boards_2.jpeg

On the left its the OLD pcb and on the right there is the NEW one.

We have soldered the new pcb today by hand and everything works fine, rgb issue is gone :)

So whats the road map as today ?

monday 12th february we enter into production for the batch. we should be shipping again before the month ends, i think factory will take about 14-21 days to provide us the boards.

Thanks

MORE EDIT :

I just forget to say big thanks to http://retrogamingcables.co.uk/ aswel, they shipped us two Mega Drive 2 Csync cables (for free) last friday with our UPS account, so we were able to have those last monday to perform our tests. All those RGB videos were recorded using theyr great cables.
I can tell that the difference on the audio noise is huge compared with the cheap ones.
I totally recomend to buy those

EDIT about returning pcbs :

Someone in usa wants to help us to concentrate the pcbs, so we are willing to pay the shipment back from usa to Spain of all the pcbs and you guys will not have to pay for this.

More details soon, we are working on this right now

I am going to use this space to first say thanks to Voultar, a lot of guys were using scopes and fancy hardware while sending complains, but none of those had a clue about what they were talking about.
Voultar pointed us to the issue the same day and we were able to fix it so fast thanks to him. Again Voltar, we apreciate to see a top skilled guy helping instead of insulting.

Seccond, i would like to express my total dissapointment with RetroRGB youtuber guy.

He asked us for a free review and I decided not to ship him that cause i consider him a totally not neutral guy, this is why i declined his offer on the first time but i acepted the same offer from another youtuber with much audience than him that is not linked or related with us.

So its going to be a neutral review from a reputable source as soon as the new pcbs arrive.

Retrorgb, moaning about not received a review unit and telling the product "is a dissaster", its really dishonest with your viewers. Get one and moan about it.

sparksterz
01-24-2018, 12:21 PM
EDIT: I can see the videos now. Nevermind.
Original: I'll take it the videos are still processing...I'm not able to view them yet.

Thanks for the detailed breakdown and transparency. I think you may have a quick typo here: "we have isolated the issues and they have been corrected on a new PCB design we submitted to production today, 24th February 2018." I'm assuming you meant January, unless you were saying there's a turnaround time on the new boards that is a month out.

neosd
01-24-2018, 12:22 PM
EDIT: I can see the videos now. Nevermind.
Original: I'll take it the videos are still processing...I'm not able to view them yet.

Thanks for the detailed breakdown and transparency. I think you may have a quick typo here: "we have isolated the issues and they have been corrected on a new PCB design we submitted to production today, 24th February 2018." I'm assuming you meant January, unless you were saying there's a turnaround time on the new boards that is a month out.

yes, its a typo, going to fix it. PCBS were submited to production today

Refresh the website, videos should be seen now.

sparksterz
01-24-2018, 12:28 PM
Wow, the difference in noise reduction on Bonk III is impressive. Thanks for doing this and incurring the additional costs to replace them.

neosd
01-24-2018, 12:33 PM
Wow, the difference in noise reduction on Bonk III is impressive. Thanks for doing this and incurring the additional costs to replace them.

Yes, we could only have showen Castlevania but we wanted to show Bonk III aswel cause this is where the issue is more noticiable. Its a pitty we never tried this game before or we should have noticed it .

Thanks

fille1976
01-24-2018, 12:49 PM
Thx neo for the explanation of the issue,gona send it back when its possible.
I don't have interference on my setup i own now,but gona send it back in case my tv sometime broke,maybe on another tv i have much interference,you never know.

neosd
01-24-2018, 12:52 PM
Thx neo for the explanation of the issue,gona send it back when its possible.
I don't have interference on my setup i own now,but gona send it back in case my tv sometime broke,maybe on another tv i have much interference,you never know.

We have six weeks to arrange the pcb returns, for now don´t ship anything please, we have to see if we can make combined shipments.

We don´t need the pcbs here to start shipping the new ones aswel, for example in USA as soon as those arrive to the meeting point, we will ship new ones back without needing to have the old ones here ....

If we can concentrate packets from other countries, like USA to Spain that as today is confirmed (users will have to ship pcbs to a location in USA and we will pay shipment from usa tom Spain), saving money and time, this will be better for all us.

flashbackx
01-24-2018, 12:56 PM
We have six weeks to arrange the pcb returns, for now don´t ship anything please, we have to see if we can make combined shipments.

We don´t need the pcbs here to start shipping the new ones aswel, for example in USA as soon as those arrive to the meeting point, we will ship new ones back without needing to have the old ones here ....

If we can concentrate packets from other countries, like USA to Spain that as today is confirmed (users will have to ship pcbs to a location in USA and we will pay shipment from usa tom Spain), saving money and time, this will be better for all us.

That's awesome to consider the Intl shipping. Thanks man!

fille1976
01-24-2018, 12:57 PM
Ok neo,will send only after is asked you via pm or in chat.
I'm not in a hurry for it,again i'm happy you find the problem and its solved,thats the most important.

neosd
01-24-2018, 12:59 PM
That's awesome to consider the Intl shipping. Thanks man!

We are reasonable guys and we are not going to harm anyone with shipments.

We have already been damaged with this cause pcbs are not cheap to manufacture and there is no way to recycle parts back from those. But we are not going to save on anything to deliver a better product or to have anyone happy.

We are not just loosing the actual shipped units but the rest of the production we already have here, and its not small.
This whole situation and the decision we took, costed us 1.000s of euros.

As long as there is place to improve, we are open minded people.

The idea of not paying shipment back was more related to the paperwork/ send money work than other thing,

But if we can concentrate shipments this is good to us. If we can´t concentrate shipments to everywhere, we will find a solution for those users.

Don´t worry about that, we will do our best as always

Alex,

Yodd
01-24-2018, 01:08 PM
:buttrock:

greatfunky
01-24-2018, 01:11 PM
Neosd team give here a masterly lesson of professionalism, which many would not follow , big respect to you .

leonk
01-24-2018, 01:14 PM
Alex .. maybe you can still salvage the old stock.

I know it impacts the video/audio output, but the emulation is perfect. Some people have their consoles modified for RGB/video out. So they should still be able to use the old "defective" stock and bypass the RGB out. Any thoughts about selling old stock for deep discount?

Syn
01-24-2018, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the update NeoSD!

neosd
01-24-2018, 01:18 PM

I know it impacts the video/audio output, but the emulation is perfect. Some people have their consoles modified for RGB/video out. So they should still be able to use the old "defective" stock and bypass the RGB out. Any thoughts about selling old stock for deep discount?

Yes, the units to my own point of view are not faulty units.

This is what really upsets me, to destroy a production batch cause the image could be better. Cause lets face it, the videos are there and the image is not terrible as those guys said it was.

What we don´t want is to have A users and B users.
So for now, we don´t have plans to sell those with a discounted price. Those will sit in the discarded units box for now

Alex,

RAZO
01-24-2018, 01:26 PM
This is good news. Thanks for doing this.

Tanooki
01-24-2018, 01:36 PM
Good job and very admirable way of handling it right down to putting up for a new batch and not recycling the old ones with the sort of defect to them to not have A and B batches.

Maybe things will change in the future to recoup them, maybe not, but it wouldn't be a bad thing. Perhaps etch or mark those on the board itself as A units, then sell at a grossly discounted price with a contracted term that says NO SUPPORT due to the various issues. That way you get something back, don't throw out perfectly usable stuff, and people on a budget could still get a chance. Think of it like how Krikzz does the CHINA versions of everdrives. They cost like 1/2 the price, but get ZERO official support at all and can't take a firmware update either.

neosd
01-24-2018, 01:38 PM
Good job and very admirable way of handling it right down to putting up for a new batch and not recycling the old ones with the sort of defect to them to not have A and B batches.

Maybe things will change in the future to recoup them, maybe not, but it wouldn't be a bad thing. Perhaps etch or mark those on the board itself as A units, then sell at a grossly discounted price with a contracted term that says NO SUPPORT due to the various issues. That way you get something back, don't throw out perfectly usable stuff, and people on a budget could still get a chance. Think of it like how Krikzz does the CHINA versions of everdrives. They cost like 1/2 the price, but get ZERO official support at all and can't take a firmware update either.

We changed the website url printed on the new ones.

Old ones were www.neosdstore.com and new ones have www.terraonion.com on its place.

We will not cheat our customers and we are not going to let others cheat with those aswel.

This is why we don´t want the old units on the market, we preffer to loose money this time ratter than confuse people.

cr4zymanz0r
01-24-2018, 02:04 PM
Will the audio circuit be isolated to analog ground as well in the new PCB?

DirkSwizzler
01-24-2018, 02:06 PM
Excellent news. Can I go ahead and preorder your next product? I don't even care what it is because I know it'll be awesome.

RevQuixo
01-24-2018, 02:08 PM
Will the audio circuit be isolated to analog ground as well in the new PCB?

It is mentioned in point 3 that audio and video are going to analog ground.

LDigital
01-24-2018, 02:19 PM
Well done guys, top class service as always. I’m just sorry you had to deal with so much hostility from the community for what is an incredible product.

-SD-
01-24-2018, 02:28 PM
I’ve seen a couple of RetroRGB’s videos before and he seems quite far up DarkSoft’s arse the way he gushes about his MVS flash cart, yet seems to ignore NeoSD. Today’s video was out of order though...the guy is full of shit.

GadgetUK
01-24-2018, 02:30 PM
Great job Terra Onion =D Is there no way you can modify the old boards - I imagine time consuming, but perhaps with a mod they could be sold at discount rather than not using them at all?

EDIT: I don't even mind providing some free labour if there's a way to mod them.

Recap
01-24-2018, 02:36 PM
Hi,

Congrats on the decision. That's how a company pave its way. And glad to read that you're creating your own support forum. All this sadly will have an impact on ulterior feature requests such as an alternate clean, hi-res menu (...) but will pay back long-term for everybody.

1. Out of spec Composite Sync signal: This has been fixed on the new PCB by using the PCE CSYNC output to drive the CSYNC circuit. Now standard Mega drive/Genesis CSYNC cables can be used.

Did you consider that some say the PCE's C-sync is indeed slightly off-spec and therefore there may be some issues depending on the monitor? I guess the new design contemplates this?

neosd
01-24-2018, 02:37 PM
Great job Terra Onion =D Is there no way you can modify the old boards - I imagine time consuming, but perhaps with a mod they could be sold at discount rather than not using them at all?

EDIT: I don't even mind providing some free labour if there's a way to mod them.

Gadget, i would show a picture of the modified board but this is internet and people would start saying we are going to ship those ...

Its not possible cause the pcb is 4 layers pcb, at one of the internal layers there is a GND, this GND is linked to both digital and analog grounds, so we had to remove this pin on the expansion port connector from the pcb, to fix one board/do our tests.
We did more than that, but this is the biggest barrier from modding the board for sure ...

Alex,

Voultar
01-24-2018, 02:39 PM
I am going to use this space to first say thanks to Voultar, a lot of guys were using scopes and fancy hardware while sending complains, but none of those had a clue about what they were talking about.
Voultar pointed us to the issue the same day and we were able to fix it so fast thanks to him. Again Voltar, we apreciate to see a top skilled guy helping instead of insulting.

No problem, guys. I was glad to help with all of the C-Sync stuff & ground referencing for analog. Mixed signal systems can be finicky, but you guys are good engineers and you have a great product.

Syn
01-24-2018, 02:39 PM

Since the boards have different logos, I was thinking selling them without the case, board only, would eliminate confusion in the future.

Edit saw NeoSD's response, nevermind.

cr4zymanz0r
01-24-2018, 03:01 PM
It is mentioned in point 3 that audio and video are going to analog ground.

Oh, sorry. Read the part about video on analog ground but overlooked the audio part.

TuSecsy
01-24-2018, 03:20 PM

Just for the record krikzz himself has absolutely nothing to do with those horrible chinese knockoffs. Not really a fair comparison to the neosd situation at all.

Just want to give the NeoSD team extreme kudos for handling this situation with complete professionalism. The support you're showing for your customers will gain a lot of lifetime fans of your product, and the 1000s of euros you spend fixing the situation will pay great dividends in this regard as time goes on. You have a lifetime customer here, that's for sure. Will be grabbing an SSD3 here ASAP, and will be grabbing any other products you come out with in the future as well, directly because of the way this situation is being handled. Thanks guys! Party on!

PS, fuck Bob from RetroRGB, what a backstabbing scumbag! The community needs way less of him, and more people like you and Voultar!

opt2not
01-24-2018, 03:30 PM
Just for the record krikzz himself has absolutely nothing to do with those horrible chinese knockoffs. Not really a fair comparison to the neosd situation at all.

Just want to give the NeoSD team extreme kudos for handling this situation with complete professionalism. The support you're showing for your customers will gain a lot of lifetime fans of your product, and the 1000s of euros you spend fixing the situation will pay great dividends in this regard as time goes on. You have a lifetime customer here, that's for sure. Will be grabbing an SSD3 here ASAP, and will be grabbing any other products you come out with in the future as well, directly because of the way this situation is being handled. Thanks guys! Party on!

PS, fuck Bob from RetroRGB, what a backstabbing scumbag! The community needs way less of him, and more people like you and Voultar!
Oh fuck off. Before the shmup forum mods edited their thread you were one of the guys trolling the fuck outta the neoSD team. "lifetime customer" STFU whiny bitch. The backstabbing scumbag is you. Now you're coming in here trying hard to jump on neoSD's dick? The community needs way less of you.

RAZO
01-24-2018, 03:33 PM
Oh fuck off. Before the shmup forum mods edited their thread you were one of the guys trolling the fuck outta the neoSD team. "lifetime customer" STFU whiny bitch. The backstabbing scumbag is you. Now you're coming in here trying hard to jump on neoSD's dick? The community needs way less of you.

:lolz:

Rot
01-24-2018, 03:42 PM
SO... what's been happening?

xROTx

TuSecsy
01-24-2018, 03:48 PM

Ridin' that Bob dick I see. Probably hard to find considering his weight class, so kudos bub!

:mr_t::multi_co:

Aurich
01-24-2018, 03:49 PM

Bob is amazing, his information has been incredibly helpful to me on multiple occasions, he's a huge asset to the hobby. I swear this forum is full of drama whores, go play some games, spend less time on the internet.

Rot
01-24-2018, 03:52 PM
LOOK Lads... my back hurts like fuck... I have arthritis in my right side.... I am popping more pills than your average junkie...

SSSOO... I plan to sit in chat for a while... that's where I relax....

xROTx

PS. This just means... I aint in the mood to do any real mod'ding... but I am here...

Just sayin'....

Rot
01-24-2018, 03:53 PM
Bob is amazing, his information has been incredibly helpful to me on multiple occasions, he's a huge asset to the hobby. I swear this forum is full of drama whores, go play some games, spend less time on the internet.

It's posts like this that make me wonder if we're even on the same planet...

...People with such a narrow vision of the scene...

PS. Huge ASS_et... yes... I agree...

TuSecsy
01-24-2018, 03:57 PM

Damn you guys have a threesome going now? So many chubby chasers these days...

opt2not
01-24-2018, 04:07 PM
Ridin' that Bob dick I see. Probably hard to find considering his weight class, so kudos bub!

Try hard bitch please, Bob is just a middle-man of information. He takes what he finds on forums and makes his videos. After his last video I've written him off as only that.
Your obsession with him is unhealthy, and your shit-talking this place and the mods here on other forums has been noticed.

AlxUnderBase
01-24-2018, 05:08 PM
MORE EDIT :

I just forget to say big thanks to http://retrogamingcables.co.uk/ aswel, they shipped us two Mega Drive 2 Csync cables (for free) last friday with our UPS account, so we were able to have those last monday to perform our tests. All those RGB videos were recorded using theyr great cables.
I can tell that the difference on the audio noise is huge compared with the cheap ones.
I totally recomend to buy those

EDIT about returning pcbs :

Someone in usa wants to help us to concentrate the pcbs, so we are willing to pay the shipment back from usa to Spain of all the pcbs and you guys will not have to pay for this.

More details soon, we are working on this right now

Seccond, i would like to express my total dissapointment with RetroRGB youtuber guy.

He asked us for a free review and I decided not to ship him that cause i consider him a totally not neutral guy, this is why i declined his offer on the first time but i acepted the same offer from another youtuber with much audience than him that is not linked or related with us.

So its going to be a neutral review from a reputable source as soon as the new pcbs arrive.

Retrorgb, moaning about not received a review unit and telling the product "is a dissaster", its really dishonest with your viewers. Get one and moan about it.

Thank you for confirm my recomandation and also Voultar for his skills shared ... especially mr. Rot who called me "the sales rep for that company or something" :)
Ps: hope you don't mind mr. Rot ;)

TuSecsy
01-24-2018, 05:27 PM
Try hard bitch please, Bob is just a middle-man of information. He takes what he finds on forums and makes his videos. After his last video I've written him off as only that.
Your obsession with him is unhealthy, and your shit-talking this place and the mods here on other forums has been noticed.

Your obsession with me is definitely unhealthy.

Bob is just a fat retard, as neosd and the mods here can attest...

Reynold1
01-24-2018, 06:07 PM
Thanks for the update NeoSD!

Geddon_jt
01-24-2018, 06:35 PM
Handled very well. Thanks for the update!

donluca
01-24-2018, 06:42 PM

That's the first thing that jumped onto my mind.

I mean, I guess people change opinion which is absolutely fine, but, damn, going from what you wrote there to "lifetime customer"?
Jeez, dude, have some dignity. Just apologize and recognize they've managed this *very* difficult situation in a great way and keep the rest for another time.

Famicommander
01-24-2018, 07:00 PM
Glad this whole thing is sorted out and behind us. Can't wait for mine to arrive. Thanks neosd team.

3rdStrikeMike
01-24-2018, 07:08 PM
Fantastic update. This was handled super professionally and with great transparency. This shows Alex's dedication to his prouct and his customers. That says a lot about what kind of person he is. I look forward to getting one and also look forward to any/all of their next projects!

Syn
01-24-2018, 07:11 PM
That's the first thing that jumped onto my mind.

I mean, I guess people change opinion which is absolutely fine, but, damn, going from what you wrote there to "lifetime customer"?
Jeez, dude, have some dignity. Just apologize and recognize they've managed this *very* difficult situation in a great way and keep the rest for another time.

Don't sweat it guys. Both Rot and neosd read other forums so there aware of this crap.

That guy's on a short leash I'd imagine. I am or have been on occasion. Just be true, man up or whatever...it works itself out in the end.

Not that it matters but TuS hasn't made a good first impression.

fenikso
01-24-2018, 08:14 PM
Glad the issues were resolved, I'm still super excited to get my hands on the SSDS3. You guys continue to provide excellent customer service. Keep up the good work.

FBX
01-24-2018, 08:29 PM
I’ve seen a couple of RetroRGB’s videos before and he seems quite far up DarkSoft’s arse the way he gushes about his MVS flash cart, yet seems to ignore NeoSD. Today’s video was out of order though...the guy is full of shit.

Nothing could be further from the truth. It's amazing the things people will convince themselves of in order to create an irrational hatred of someone. I've known Bob for a couple years now and he's been one of the most helpful and unbiased type of persons I've met in retro gaming fandom. The fact that he won't talk shit on Darksoft doesn't make him a fanboy. He reports would they post, and will not make an opinion of their product until he gets a copy shipped to him and he puts it through rigorous testing. If the product passes his tests, he will report that. If it fails miserably, he will report that also. He's already said this much multiple times.

Also, if you watch what Bob said in the video, he merely reports what the complaints have been, he does not trash Terra Onion AT ALL, and in fact goes out of his way SEVERAL times to praise their work on the NeoSD. Did you not see that or did we watch a different video?

TuSecsy
01-24-2018, 09:18 PM
Nothing could be further from the truth. It's amazing the things people will convince themselves of in order to create an irrational hatred of someone. I've known Bob for a couple years now and he's been one of the most helpful and unbiased type of persons I've met in retro gaming fandom. The fact that he won't talk shit on Darksoft doesn't make him a fanboy. He reports would they post, and will not make an opinion of their product until he gets a copy shipped to him and he puts it through rigorous testing. If the product passes his tests, he will report that. If it fails miserably, he will report that also. He's already said this much multiple times.

Also, if you watch what Bob said in the video, he merely reports what the complaints have been, he does not trash Terra Onion AT ALL, and in fact goes out of his way SEVERAL times to praise their work on the NeoSD. Did you not see that or did we watch a different video?

He wanted a review copy FOR FREE, cuz he thinks he's special. They said no so he retaliated with a hit piece in his video. NeoSD team works hard they don't need additional bullshit from fat fags like Bob.

If you disagree with the fatty at all he either bans you or calls you a "fanboy", then complains when people insult him. :tickled:

He's a douchebag who produces no products, insulting the people who actually do. Plain and simple.

opt2not
01-24-2018, 10:36 PM
So who’s dick are you going to ride tomorrow?
:down:

I even saw you guys go after bob from retrorgb because he "supports darksoft". Ya, he supports the guy who makes vastly superior products than you that actually work. Shocker!

TuSecsy
01-24-2018, 10:56 PM
So who’s dick are you going to ride tomorrow?
:down:

And the obsession continues...following me around the internet like a little lost puppy. :360:

Syn
01-24-2018, 11:19 PM
Honestly, opt's home with nothing to prove. He's just giving us a heads up.

iCach0
01-24-2018, 11:50 PM
Hi all, I registered in this forum so I could join this conversation and I’m glad I did because this seems like an awesome community to be a part of.

Ever since I found out about the Super SD System 3 I’ve been really excited to be able to purchase one for myself. So, it’s very reassuring to see the TerraOnion dealing with this difficult situation so well.

Beyond expressing my appreciation and gratitude for this project, and the people behind it, I also wanted to express my view on the RetroRGB situation.

It is my sincere opinion that this whole situation has been a big misunderstanding, which is why I’m writing this. I’m going to make an effort to explain my point while maintaining a respectful and productive attitude towards all parties.

I believe the origin of the problem has something to do with the claim that RetroRGB “asked us for a free review”. It’s not clear to me what this means. Did he want a unit to keep for himself or did he want to borrow one for the review? As far as I’ve seen on the emails RetroRGB posted, he asked to borrow the unit for review. It doesn’t seem like he wanted anything for free. I might be wrong so please feel free to provide any evidence of the contrary. You can see the screenshot posted by RetroRGB here https://twitter.com/retrorgb/status/956252056980983808 This is where I think the misunderstanding occurred.

I’ve been following RetroRGB’s work for more than a year and I think I have a clear idea of what kind of where his moral compass points to. I know he values the classic gaming community more than he does his subscriber count. He’s proven this many times. Don’t take my word for it, you can watch the 2-hour+ discussions posted on The Retro Roundtable channel, or his weekly roundups on the RetroRGB channel, and make up your own mind.

I particularly suggest watching his latest video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOLV9N50sC0 where you can watch him talk about the situation with the Super SD System 3. He explains all the possible reasons for the problems, mentions that he wouldn’t fault the TerraOnion team and he talks openly about the problems with the product and possibly how they are going to be addressed. He even mentions that a lot of people started behaving unproductively and negatively to the TO team and how he disapproves of this behavior.

If you disagree with what I just said and still think RetroRGB is in the wrong, please provide evidence to support your claims. It’s one thing accuse someone of something, and another to prove it. Do you think he was “dishonest”? Do you think he’s not “neutral” or “reputable”? When did he “moan” about not receiving a review unit? When did he say the product was a “disaster”? These are big claims, I’m not saying they’re false but "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence”.

Finally, I’d like to add that if it wasn’t for RetroRGB and his work me and a lot of other people who follow him wouldn’t even know about the existence of your product; and regardless of the outcome of this situation, I will be buying a Super SD System 3 (provided I can get my hands on one, and the technical issues have been sorted). I sincerely hope that this gets sorted out since I believe this has all been a big misunderstanding and nothing else. For this reason I’m writing this same message in Spanish below, that way there won’t be any possibility for language mixup.

Thank you to the TerraOnion team for coming up with a product straight out of my dreams.

——————————————

Hola a todos, me he registrado para poder unirme a esta conversación pero estoy contento de haberlo hecho porque esta parece una comunidad de la cual vale la pena ser parte.

Desde que supe de la existencia de Super SD System 3 he estado muy emocionado por conseguir uno para mí. Me ha reconfortado mucho ver que el equipo de TerraOnion viene manejando esta situación difícil tan bien.

Además de expresar my aprecio y gratitud por este proyecto, y la gente responsable, también quiero expresar mi postura en cuanto a la situación con RetroRGB.

Es mi sincera opinión que todo esto ha sido nada más que un gran malentendido (posiblemente potenciado por barreras lingüísticas), razón por la cual escribo esto. Voy a esforzarme por explicar mi punto manteniendo el mayor respeto posible por todas las partes interesadas.

Creo que el origen del problema tiene que ver con el momento en el que RetroRGB pidió una unidad para review. Estoy casi seguro que su intención era pedir uno prestado para el review, no para quedárselo. RetroRGB publicó una captura de pantalla en Twitter que confirma que estaba pidiendo la unidad prestada. https://twitter.com/retrorgb/status/956252056980983808 Si me equivoco por favor presentar evidencia de lo contrario.

Hace más de un año que sigo a RetroRGB y su trabajo y creo tener una idea clara de a dónde apunta su brújula moral. Puedo decir sin duda que RetroRGB valora más la honestidad en la comunidad que la cantidad de subscriptores que tiene. Ha demostrado esto contadas veces. No se queden con mi palabra solamente, hay horas de charlas en el canal The Retro Roundtable y más en el canal RetroRGB para que cualquiera que tenga la voluntad pueda formarse una opinión concreta.

Sugiero particularmente mirar el último video en el canal de RetroRGB (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOLV9N50sC0) donde lo pueden ver hablando directamente sobre el Super SD System 3. Explica todas las posibles causas del problema, menciona que no culparía al equipo de TerraOnion de ninguna forma y habla abiertamente de los problemas del equipo y cómo van a solucionarse posiblemente. Hasta menciona que mucha gente empezó a dejar comentarios negativos en el foro a raíz de esta situación y cómo él desaprueba de esa actitud.

Si les parece que lo que digo no tiene sentido y RetroRGB debe ser culpado de todas formas, les pido por favor que acompañen sus acusaciones con evidencia. Una cosa es acusar a alguien de algo y otra distinta es probarlo. Creen que fue deshonesto? Creen que no es neutral o no tiene buena reputación? Dónde se ve la queja que supuestamente hizo cuando se le negó una unidad para review? Dónde se ve que dice que el producto es un desastre? No digo que estas acusaciones sean falsas, pero sin evidencia carecen de valor para cualquier persona razonable.

Finalmente quisiera agregar que si no fuera por RetroRGB y su trabajo ni yo ni un montón de gamers sabríamos siquiera de la existencia de su producto; y sea como sea que siga esta situación voy a comprar un Super SD System 3 si tengo oportunidad y los problemas técnicos son resueltos. Sinceramente espero que todo esto se arregle por a mi entender no ha sido más que un malentendido y nada más. Por eso me tomé el trabajo de escribir esto en dos idiomas.

Muchas gracias al equipo de TerraOnion por crear un producto con el que sueño hace rato.

iCach0
01-25-2018, 12:06 AM

It's posts like this that make me wonder if we're even on the same planet...

...People with such a narrow vision of the scene...

PS. Huge ASS_et... yes... I agree...

Your obsession with me is definitely unhealthy.

Bob is just a fat retard, as neosd and the mods here can attest...

He wanted a review copy FOR FREE, cuz he thinks he's special. They said no so he retaliated with a hit piece in his video. NeoSD team works hard they don't need additional bullshit from fat fags like Bob.

If you disagree with the fatty at all he either bans you or calls you a "fanboy", then complains when people insult him. :tickled:

He's a douchebag who produces no products, insulting the people who actually do. Plain and simple.

I see a lot of animosity towards Bob. Can anyone provide anything besides baseless accusations? I have a good impression of him but I'm willing to change my mind if someone can produce a single piece of evidence that justifies this kind of behavior.

Syn
01-25-2018, 12:35 AM
You have broken an unwritten rule. May the force be with you.

Milspex
01-25-2018, 02:50 AM
Team NeoSD made a new thread detailing exactly what they did to fix the problems and they should receive our thanks for putting in a lot of effort, work and money. But here we go derailing again, jesus christ leave it alone already.....

neosd
01-25-2018, 03:09 AM
The fact that he won't talk shit on Darksoft doesn't make him a fanboy.

Bob bought a NEOSD AES last year.
He never did a review of it, he was doing videos of how great darksoft cart would be instead.

He could have done a video of the glitches seen on darksofts cart twich asswel, this is what i call a dissaster, but he did not. He did a video about the dissaster he thinks the RGB on SSDS3 is, yesterday instead.

Last summer he sent an email asking for his email removed from our downloads section cause he was waiting for a MVS cab so we wanted to sell his NEOSD AES and purchase a NEOSD MVS (this is what he said).
We did his request but we saw a video from two weeks before when he said he was going to get a darksoft MVS to review.

So when he came back asking for a SSDS3 review unit i said NO, for the previous reasons (never did a review of NEOSD AES, lied us telling that he wanted to sell his NEOSD AES to purchase a NEOSD MVS while telling on his video from 2 weeks before that he was going to review darsof MVS cart)

There is no way we send a "review" unit to someone and we ask for it back, casue what we would do with this unit ? sell it as new to another customer ? would you like to receive an used unit ?

This is not a car that has a high cost.

Have you ever seen a graphics card, or any elctronic device sent as review unit to be returned back ?

We get a lot of review units requests just to get a free unit, i don´t know what intentions Bob had, but he asked for a review unit and i refushed it for the previous stated reasons.

My own taste is he is one of those guys that pretend to be your friend but stabs you in the back as soon as he has the oportunity. I had this feeling when he sent this email to get his email removed from the database and i got the confirmation with yesterdays video.

If he would care a bit about our situation, he could have contacted us before making this video asking what we were going to do. He could have told on his video : i talked with them and they SAID they already have a solution, lets wait and see this solution. Or anything like this.

He could have waited 1 week aswel, this is what a guy that wants to help would do. Instead of tell something that is not true on his video to rise the preasure on our cutomers.

What happened yesterday was him to take the oportunity to get a revenge, telling on his videos coment that we had a leson to lernt.

Yes Bob, we learnt the kind of people you are, and that your videos are more opinion videos than analysis videos.

I would strongly recomend you to start your sentences with : "i my opinion, without havent seen the product"

Hope this clarifies the whole thing, i didn´t wanted to go so deep on the issue

Rot
01-25-2018, 03:14 AM
I see a lot of animosity towards Bob. Can anyone provide anything besides baseless accusations? I have a good impression of him but I'm willing to change my mind if someone can produce a single piece of evidence that justifies this kind of behavior.

LOOK man...

We're all grown ups here... let's face some facts...

RetroRGB asked for a free copy of the SD 3... He called it a "Review Copy"... Semantics aside... the question is... would The Terraonion team sell that same copy that had been used to a customer? Would YOU accept a second hand unit when you have paid FULL price for an item?

Is it worth their time to get the item back... and then re-list it as second hand?

The reason he's getting this much hate is because quite frankly... we do not like freeloaders on the forum or the scene in general...

YOU might personally "know' Bob... but here's the deal... we aint here to stroke his ego... The members here will tell you how it is...

Bob is NOT peoples favourite person due to a lot of factors and quite frankly I aint in the mood to play...

SO... if you wanna go play dick holding sessions with him... then fine... no issues here... BUT... if you wanna stick around... i'd suggest you stay and start becoming a part of the community and maybe... just maybe... you'll learn a thing or two...

Syn' said you just broke an unwritten rule... this refers to the fact that you quoted me in a post which is not the best idea you're going to have...

xROTx

PS. Your initial post was too tl;dr... best learn that the amount of words used does not necessarily mean signs of intelligence...

ChuChu Flamingo
01-25-2018, 03:49 AM
Nice to see a good solution came.

sdekaar
01-25-2018, 04:08 AM
thank you for your serious.

[OCEAN]
01-25-2018, 04:57 AM
Nice to read about this, I think it's a perfect solution and very professionally handled. I'd like to add that, as an early adopter, not only I wasn't worried about future fixes that may have to be done, but I've been also having a great time using the SDSystem3 so far. This things happen all the time with new products and there's always a solution.

FBX
01-25-2018, 05:20 AM
He could have done a video of the glitches seen on darksofts cart twich asswel, this is what i call a dissaster, but he did not. He did a video about the dissaster he thinks the RGB on SSDS3 is, yesterday instead.

Two points in Bob's defense:

1. Bob has in fact posted references in his weekly updates about issues with Darksofts cart that were documented in test videos. He's obviously not going to bag on a product that hasn't been officially released to the public yet. It's still a wait-and-see situation at this point.

2. He didn't call your SSDS3 a 'disaster' and actually was highly optimistic about the product. He reported the issues that came out from the public release, which he would do the EXACT same thing if Darksoft's cart came out tomorrow and had issues. It's just retro gaming news like any other product he posts about.

Last summer he sent an email asking for his email removed from our downloads section cause he was waiting for a MVS cab so we wanted to sell his NEOSD AES and purchase a NEOSD MVS (this is what he said).
We did his request but we saw a video from two weeks before when he said he was going to get a darksoft MVS to review.

He requested the removal because I bought the NeoSD off of him, and I wanted proper access to the firmware updates. And yes, he was intending to use the money to pay for the MVS version. However, he lost his job and instead had to completely change plans as a result. He's been having to sell off all his video game equipment, even his RGB monitors. That just life getting in the way, and there was nothing sinister about it.

So when he came back asking for a SSDS3 review unit i said NO, for the previous reasons (never did a review of NEOSD AES, lied us telling that he wanted to sell his NEOSD AES to purchase a NEOSD MVS while telling on his video from 2 weeks before that he was going to review darsof MVS cart)

See my comment above. He wasn't lying to you at all. He lost his job and all plans changed.

neosd
01-25-2018, 05:48 AM
Two points in Bob's defense:

1. Bob has in fact posted references in his weekly updates about issues with Darksofts cart that were documented in test videos. He's obviously not going to bag on a product that hasn't been officially released to the public yet. It's still a wait-and-see situation at this point.

2. He didn't call your SSDS3 a 'disaster' and actually was highly optimistic about the product. He reported the issues that came out from the public release, which he would do the EXACT same thing if Darksoft's cart came out tomorrow and had issues. It's just retro gaming news like any other product he posts about.

He requested the removal because I bought the NeoSD off of him, and I wanted proper access to the firmware updates. And yes, he was intending to use the money to pay for the MVS version. However, he lost his job and instead had to completely change plans as a result. He's been having to sell off all his video game equipment, even his RGB monitors. That just life getting in the way, and there was nothing sinister about it.

See my comment above. He wasn't lying to you at all. He lost his job and all plans changed.

Hello,

I think he is not impartial, i decide to not ship him a review unit.

I think he could sent an email before make his last video, as he did before, cause he has my own personal email.
And i explain he asked for a review unit but i refushed to ship it, for the previous reasons.

I think no one has to "learn a leason" if he dosen´t asks for that.
If we need to learn a lesson, we will go to someone to teach us that, we will ask for that. Save your lessons for your friends and familly

See the videos on the first post, do you think the issue is how he has presented it ? i don´t think so

Do you know the damage his video has done ?
No, you don´t

Could he has saved us this damage ? i think so, if he wanted, but he preffered to submit this video instead of asking us.

You may understand why i feel sick about that.

Want to help me ? don´t tell me you want to help me, help me not doing such things.

Rot
01-25-2018, 06:35 AM
On a side note here... it's nothing important...

But this aint Schmups... the mods there have given up trying to mod that site... that's why I suggest that it's become the morally bare site it is atm...

I'm just suggesting that here on NG.com... the forum self-regulates... HOWEVER... seeing as I'm just relaxing... I'm going to let you guys discuss shit...

xROTx

PS. I will re-iterate... this is NOT schmups... and I aint a pussy Schmups mod who has given up on their own site...

RAZO
01-25-2018, 06:41 AM
I didn't even know who this RetroRBV guy was till you guys posted links lol. When he mentioned the Retro Round Table I lol'd.

Rot
01-25-2018, 06:53 AM
You see... I always say the forum self-regulates... and in the main it does... BUT the questions need to be asked:

1. Does a free loader who asks for a device... and then starts dissing it because he didn't get one... be allowed on any site..
2. Does that particular individual... (I am going to start calling him Retro_RectalGrabBoy...) have the right to make uninformed videos that damage a fellow member of the communities business...
... seeing as Retro_RectalGrabBoy... has a track record for doing this...
3. Does he deserve space on any forum?

My view is no... but hell.. I'm old school and I Care for the community...

IF you Schmups guys wanna start bringing your morally offensive views here... your stay be very short lived...

xROTx

PS. So.. he lost his job... meh.... if he aint found one... tell him Subway are hiring...

iCach0
01-25-2018, 10:59 AM

I don’t see a problem here. What are you implying? Bob saying he will get a DarkSoft cart to review doesn’t mean he prefers their product over yours. He has a youtube channel where he reviews a lot of products. Why wouldn’t he review the DarkSoft cart? This seems like more misunderstanding to me.

Again, why would you think that he lied to you? What he buys for himself and what he gets to review are 2 totally different things.

There is no way we send a "review" unit to someone and we ask for it back, casue what we would do with this unit ? sell it as new to another customer ? would you like to receive an used unit ?

Did you ask or did you just assume? Seems to me like you assumed and didn’t give him the benefit of the doubt. If I’m wrong please feel free to prove me so.

Have you ever seen a graphics card, or any elctronic device sent as review unit to be returned back ?

Yes, many times. I’ve also seen RetroRGB send back stuff that’s way cheaper than your product. You can see for yourself in RetroRGB’s latest video.

We get a lot of review units requests just to get a free unit, i don´t know what intentions Bob had, but he asked for a review unit and i refushed it for the previous stated reasons.

You’re clearly admitting you didn’t know RetroRGB’s intentions.

My own taste is he is one of those guys that pretend to be your friend but stabs you in the back as soon as he has the oportunity. I had this feeling when he sent this email to get his email removed from the database and i got the confirmation with yesterdays video.

Where in the video did he stab you in the back? Have you even watched the video? I feel like you didn’t. At all. He’s defending your product in spite of the design errors. He even defends the TerraOnion team by saying they are not to blame for this.

If he would care a bit about our situation, he could have contacted us before making this video asking what we were going to do. He could have told on his video : i talked with them and they SAID they already have a solution, lets wait and see this solution. Or anything like this.

Apparently he did because he said exactly what you were going to do, which is what you ended up doing.

He could have waited 1 week aswel, this is what a guy that wants to help would do. Instead of tell something that is not true on his video to rise the preasure on our cutomers.

How did he rise the pressure on your customers? I would argue his video did exactly the opposite, and I’m a potential customer.

What happened yesterday was him to take the oportunity to get a revenge, telling on his videos coment that we had a leson to lernt.

Yes Bob, we learnt the kind of people you are, and that your videos are more opinion videos than analysis videos.

I would strongly recomend you to start your sentences with : "i my opinion, without havent seen the product"

Hope this clarifies the whole thing, i didn´t wanted to go so deep on the issue

Revenge? What? Did you even watch the video? He defends you multiple times! Why do you insist on something that didn’t happen at all?

pixeljunkie
01-25-2018, 11:05 AM
If you are trying to debate all of this iCach0, this is not the place.

neosd
01-25-2018, 11:10 AM
iCach0,

If i have to explain you this, you are lacking of comon sense, but i am willing to explain you that anyways :

You buy a 250 euros device by preorder.
You see a video of someone telling its shit.

What would you do ?

I will give yout two options :

a) buy another unit
b) send an email asking for a refund.

advice : a) is not the right answer

Sometimes i think you guys live in a different world than i do.

The lack of comon sense amazes me

I don´t think Bob lacks of comon senses, i think he has been playing his game with me and i don´t like his game.

I don´t like people telling me by email : i want to help you, and then doing those videos without a clue about what he is talking about.

Rot
01-25-2018, 11:10 AM
MMMHHHHH....

.../flexes...

iCach0
01-25-2018, 11:16 AM
RetroRGB asked for a free copy of the SD 3... He called it a "Review Copy"... Semantics aside... the question is... would The Terraonion team sell that same copy that had been used to a customer? Would YOU accept a second hand unit when you have paid FULL price for an item?

Again, you say RetroRGB asked for a “free copy” which didn’t happen. He asked to borrow a unit to review which is a completely different thing, not just semantics. Don’t take my word, go look at his twitter post where he uploaded a screenshot of the emails. He’s the only one dealing with facts and reality here. Anyone can make claims of anything. Proof/evidence is what separates reality from BS.

Is it worth their time to get the item back... and then re-list it as second hand?

This is a very legitimate question, and one that I think the team should answer however in the way that suits their best interests. If that’s the case they could have said no and listed that as the reason instead of making so many baseless personal accusations and attacks.

The reason he's getting this much hate is because quite frankly... we do not like freeloaders on the forum or the scene in general...

I don’t like freeloaders either. I’ve unsubbed from a lot of youtube channels for that same reason. I don’t think RetroRGB is a freeloader. You haven’t provided a single piece of evidence to support your claim.

YOU might personally "know' Bob... but here's the deal... we aint here to stroke his ego... The members here will tell you how it is...

I’m not asking for anyone to stroke Bob’s ego, just for people to be fair, that’s all.

Bob is NOT peoples favourite person due to a lot of factors and quite frankly I aint in the mood to play...

So you’re in the mood to slander Bob nut not explain why? Do you realize how weak that makes your argument seem?

SO... if you wanna go play dick holding sessions with him... then fine... no issues here... BUT... if you wanna stick around... i'd suggest you stay and start becoming a part of the community and maybe... just maybe... you'll learn a thing or two...

I am ready to learn whatever lessons I can from this community. Unfortunately it seems people here are more interested in drama, slandering and protecting egos than addressing issues like mature people.

Syn' said you just broke an unwritten rule... this refers to the fact that you quoted me in a post which is not the best idea you're going to have...

What is that supposed to mean? If I quote you because I want to engage you in an honest, productive conversation, and you disagree, you will silence and ban me? Feel free to do so if that’s what you feel it’s best. I guess power trips can have a really nasty effect on some people.

PS. Your initial post was too tl;dr... best learn that the amount of words used does not necessarily mean signs of intelligence...

It’s OK if you didn’t read it. No one claimed anything regarding word-count relating to intelligence. It seems you’re quite happy not listening to others and locking yourself in an echo-chamber.

Rot
01-25-2018, 11:28 AM
Blah de fuckin... Blah...

Well done... any Uruguayan IP's will now be deleted with extreme prejudice... Good on you for fuckin' up your countrymen...:keke:

Did you not read my statements... I was relaxing...

But there's a fuckin' good reason why I am effective....

Thierry Henry
01-25-2018, 11:31 AM
Just came to say I spilled my beer when I read the renaming to Retro_RectalGrabBoy. :lolz:

neosd
01-25-2018, 11:32 AM

Amazing work,

Registering here today and doing all this quote work to clean his name.

I like your work,
If you are interested we have a position for you, answering fake videos telling our product is a dissaster and so.
Answering guys telling we had to learnt a leson on those videos coments.

Once you have finished your quote work, let me know if you are interested.

Eatitup_86
01-25-2018, 11:47 AM
NeoSD will there be an email sent out to those who have already purchased your product so that we know where to send our units in the US when it is all sorted out?

Just a thought but I would love to see a thread where only NeoSD can post for status updates on the device so we can quickly see what is going on vs rummaging through all of the drama stuff. :\

neosd
01-25-2018, 12:00 PM
NeoSD will there be an email sent out to those who have already purchased your product so that we know where to send our units in the US when it is all sorted out?

Just a thought but I would love to see a thread where only NeoSD can post for status updates on the device so we can quickly see what is going on vs rummaging through all of the drama stuff. :\

Hello,

Actual plan is :

On the forum there are going to be sections for support, one for each of our products.

Example SSDS3.
And only users that purchased the product will be able to write there. So with this we remove a big part of the trolling and drama out of support sections.
This is one of the main goals of having our own forum, to be able to run our custom php code for some tasks we want to do, like this one.

Everyone will be able to read, but only customers will be able to post.

We will make a post on the support thread with instructions for the replacement units. Plan is you guys ship the board back to the USA location with a paper containing your ORDER ID and desired shipping address for the new unit. So we will only have to put new boards in a box and glue this piece of paper to send replacements unit back.

Its important to save us as many work as possible aswel.

This is the plan as today, it may end changing.

We expect to purchase the server next week and start working on the custom php code for this and other things we want to do.

Thanks

SavagePencil
01-25-2018, 01:57 PM
NeoSD: are there any planned firmware updates you can announce?

GadgetUK
01-25-2018, 02:37 PM
I think things are still heated on both sides here. I can see how the intial video that followed him not being able to get hold of a unit to test, could be taken as resentment for not being able to test one - it's not hard to jump to that conclussion. But from everything that has been said, apparently that wasn't his intention. So there was a comms issue there, and maybe some of the interpretation was based on previous history related to that MVS cart incident - no idea!

What I would say is products like this need a lot of positive support from everyone, or they will never get off the ground and future products may never appear. I also understand how people who spend a lot of time and money designing something as wonderful as the Super SD 3 can take offense to criticism before the product has had chance to land properly. When I first looked at the Neo SD (and Super 3) I realised early on that I had the power to make or break this product from my initial review - that's a very very difficult position to be in, to try and be objective and unbiased, but at the same time feedback on any problems but not publicly draw so much attention to them (until they've been resolved) so that early adopters might not want to buy the product. Remember this is a small company where one bad review early on, or prior to release can mean sales drop by say 40% (or more) - that could spell the end of a small company like this. The reality is even with the ground plane issue it's still an absolutely bloody fantastic f****** product, it really is!

My best advise is to stop the flame war and move past - draw a line under it!

Rot
01-25-2018, 02:39 PM

I agree... we should do...

That's why I plan to cauterize anyone associated with RetroRGB from this site...

It's not a War... it's a bloodbath....

xROTx

neosd
01-25-2018, 02:58 PM
I think things are still heated on both sides here. I can see how the intial video that followed him not being able to get hold of a unit to test, could be taken as resentment for not being able to test one - it's not hard to jump to that conclussion. But from everything that has been said, apparently that wasn't his intention. So there was a comms issue there, and maybe some of the interpretation was based on previous history related to that MVS cart incident - no idea!

What I would say is products like this need a lot of positive support from everyone, or they will never get off the ground and future products may never appear. I also understand how people who spend a lot of time and money designing something as wonderful as the Super SD 3 can take offense to criticism before the product has had chance to land properly. When I first looked at the Neo SD (and Super 3) I realised early on that I had the power to make or break this product from my initial review - that's a very very difficult position to be in, to try and be objective and unbiased, but at the same time feedback on any problems but not publicly draw so much attention to them (until they've been resolved) so that early adopters might not want to buy the product. Remember this is a small company where one bad review early on, or prior to release can mean sales drop by say 40% (or more) - that could spell the end of a small company like this. The reality is even with the ground plane issue it's still an absolutely bloody fantastic f****** product, it really is!

This is the main issue here,

People can´t understand that we are not Amazon and we are fighting to survive.

The thing we did replacing boards has a high cost to us.

We have been threated like if we were Microsoft, Amazon, Apple of whathever big stabilished company.

This video was totally dishonest, and caused a big damage, i am not going to enter into details but people emailed us asking for refunds pointing the video.

And believe me, the video is totally dishonest, and it dosen´t reflects the true of what happened.

People want products such as Super SD System 3, but Amazon, Apple or Microsoft are not going to deliver those for sure. Some one has to take the risk of develop those.

If we would thought the product would have been crap, we would never release it. We release things when we are confident about the status of the product.

Has anyone of the ones that received a Super SD System 3 complained about game compatibility ? Believe me, game compatibility is harder than a RGB circuit for sure.

I am not pissed about this guy telling the rgb is shit, i am pissed cause he had my email and he could have sent me an email like the ones he sent me back telling me "i want to help you"

What he did was to send me people asking for refunds with a video that dosen´t shows the truth about the issue.

So yes, i got sick about that and i am totally pissed about his actitude.

Is it so hard to email me before doing that ?

Don´t you know you are going to hurt me doing that ?

Don´t you have my email ?

Why you tell me that you want to help us and then you do that ?

Is it so hard to understand what i am writting ?

fille1976
01-25-2018, 03:01 PM

Indeed,or we have in the next weeks still this drama,its over,its fixed and up to the future,this problem is the past.

Rot
01-25-2018, 03:04 PM
This is the main issue here,

People can´t understand that we are not Amazon and we are fighting to survive.

The thing we did replacing boards has a high cost to us.

We have been threated like if we were Microsoft, Amazon, Apple of whathever big stabilished company.

This video was totally dishonest, and caused a big damage, i am not going to enter into details but people emailed us asking for refunds pointing the video.

And believe me, the video is totally dishonest, and it dosen´t reflects the true of what happened.

People want products such as Super SD System 3, but Amazon, Apple or Microsoft are not going to deliver those for sure. Some one has to take the risk of develop those.

If we would thought the product would have been crap, we would never release it. We release things when we are confident about the status of the product.

Has anyone of the ones that received a Super SD System 3 complained about game compatibility ? Believe me, game compatibility is harder than a RGB circuit for sure.

I am not pissed about this guy telling the rgb is shit, i am pissed cause he had my email and he could have sent me an email like the ones he sent me back telling me "i want to help you"

What he did was to send me people asking for refunds with a video that dosen´t shows the truth about the issue.

So yes, i got sick about that and i am totally pissed about his actitude.

Is it so hard to email me before doing that ?

Don´t you know you are going to hurt me doing that ?

Don´t you have my email ?

Why you tell me that you want to help us and then you do that ?

Is it so hard to understand what i am writting ?

ESSENTIALLY Neosd... What you're trying to say is:

"RetroRectalGrabBitch... didn't even have a fucking device and did an uninformed youtube review and podcast...

This essentially affected you a lot as a start up company doing good things for the community... and potentially could stop you producing more stuff...

This is the same shitstain that cost Cdamm a lot of money with another uninformed "review"..."

Basically that's it...

xROTx

PS. YES... NG.com is tough... but any of you guys thinks I'm gonna let you do to Ng.com what you cuntstains have done to Schmups... you can fuckin' leave now...

Syn
01-25-2018, 04:00 PM
Since a lot of new people are reading this, no one needs to white knight retro. He's an adult and can handle himself. Your good intentions have hurt him, way to go!

We say come for the games stay for the drama. When you come for the drama first, you'll get it...a lot of it.

This is an exciting update on a great add-on don't forget :buttrock:

MobiusStripTech
01-25-2018, 04:36 PM
I think once the TerraOnion crew has their own forum and means of disseminating information that will benefit interested parties greatly.

I also think that when the new revision is shipped out and people see first hand that the crew worked hard to correct issues that were brought up, some of those people looking for refund will be back. A whole lot more will come flocking when they see how well the device will work.

Rot
01-25-2018, 04:36 PM
Since a lot of new people are reading this, no one needs to white knight retro. He's an adult and can handle himself.

OK.. here's what i don't understand about the recent spate of n00bs joining so they can suck off RetroRectalGrabBoy's cawk...

Did no one mention that we have possibly the most irritable mod on any gaming forum... and that he would more than likely kill your account just for laughs...?

This is NG.com fookers... you don't come and expect to bring drama when i already said RetroRGB and any of his folllowers were already dead men walking here...

xROTx

PS. Meh... why not...

https://i.imgur.com/IQJmumG.png?1

PFFTTT.. Join date 2013... another one of the Generation Facebook... i have socks older than this cunt...

Syn
01-25-2018, 05:50 PM
Another little PSA, Rot is always in chat so go there and you can politely ask him questions.

No need to quote or call him out here.

Rot's a good guy but his patience is wearing away with the current silliness, imho.

aha2940
01-25-2018, 08:23 PM
Just finished reading the whole thread, and wanted to say two things. First of all, kudos to the TerraOnion team for taking the very hard, but right choice you did that many companies (*cough*INTEL*cough*) do not make. I did not buy this product in particular, only a NeoSD, but it's good to know the kind of company we are dealing with here (in the good sense). Second, it's a shame that the video (whether with bad intention or simply by mistake) caused you guys so much trouble, but be sure that many of the people who asked for refunds, will buy again once they know that the issue has been solved. I only hope that the fix you did to be as publicly known as the problem itself, so everybody knows that the product works as it should.

TuSecsy
01-25-2018, 09:26 PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHH

RECTAL GRAB BOY

BWAHAHAHAHHA :buttrock::vik::hammer::lol:

fuck this douche and anyone with him. neo-geo and NeoSD for life. for real. Where's the fat pig to defend himself? oink oink!

rumor is neoSD has 2 gigantic products coming up later this year. The only product Bobby boy produces is feces.

MobiusStripTech
01-25-2018, 10:00 PM
Firstly Bob is banned so he can't defend himself anyways.

Second, it's really time to move past this like Gadget said. Right now the back and forth and the trash talking doesn't reflect well on the business. I understand that what has happened and what was said has caused your business harm but allowing this to continue is only going to reflect poorly on TerraOnion. As this forum is currently the official support forum for their products anything that occurs here is a reflection on them until such time as they open their own forum.

I am not calling anyone out, I am not defending anyone on either side. I am simply stating that if the concern is in harmed public image, the best course of action is to stop and move on.

TuSecsy
01-25-2018, 11:57 PM

Second, it's really time to move past this like Gadget said. Right now the back and forth and the trash talking doesn't reflect well on the business. I understand that what has happened and what was said has caused your business harm but allowing this to continue is only going to reflect poorly on TerraOnion. As this forum is currently the official support forum for their products anything that occurs here is a reflection on them until such time as they open their own forum.

I am not calling anyone out, I am not defending anyone on either side. I am simply stating that if the concern is in harmed public image, the best course of action is to stop and move on.

Absolutely noone cares what you think you fatty-bob dick suck. You think you can go around badmouthing Rot on shitter and get away with it....ban-hammer incoming!

Thierry Henry
01-26-2018, 12:03 AM
Amazing work,

Registering here today and doing all this quote work to clean his name.

I like your work,
If you are interested we have a position for you, answering fake videos telling our product is a dissaster and so.
Answering guys telling we had to learnt a leson on those videos coments.

Once you have finished your quote work, let me know if you are interested.

He can't contact you right now. He's still busy venting over at Twitter land.
https://twitter.com/iCach0/status/956738838260412418

TuSecsy
01-26-2018, 12:13 AM
He can't contact you right now. He's still busy venting over at Twitter land.
https://twitter.com/iCach0/status/956738838260412418

That's hilarious. That bald bitch who wrote the bullshit article on Krikzz is attacking Rot. Hope he dies of cancer very soon (looks like he's taken ill).

Not a single person on here ever badmouthed Voultar, ever. These delusional dipshits are truly on another planet.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/881681157930328065/mNZUBPPf_400x400.jpg

Would you trust someone with a profile pic like this? Guess he lost his brain along with his hair.

Also I see the cord kiddies and cancer boy are making fun of my 2 new neosd products post. That's funny. Their track record is the only Neo Geo flash cart, and the only PCE-CD ODE solution. Meanwhile, the bitch boys are spending 2 years making PS2 video cables.....lololol.

ChuChu Flamingo
01-26-2018, 01:47 AM
While it is funny they have been taking 2 years to make PS1/PS2 cables, it really comes down to most PS1/PS2 connectors being way too tight. For people who speedrun or unhook their setups a lot it has a high probability to destroy their port or the cable connector after a few dozen or so insertions.

Rot
01-26-2018, 02:37 AM

He's not banned... He just can't send Pm's or use our market place...

Get your info correct if you're gonna make an accusation...

Rot
01-26-2018, 01:47 PM
For all those wondering why I haven't killed MobiusStripTechs account for his lies and hate for myself on twitter...

...I see it like this...

The cunt is a nobody... why worry about shit on my shoe when it's easy enough to wipe...

xROTx

Tgames
01-26-2018, 10:04 PM
Hi neosd,

We can start shipping back to you our Super SD System 3 to get a replacement one ?

Your address is :

NeoSD Store
TERRAONION SL - B70499892
C/ Serantes 71 - San Cosme
15287 Outes
Spain

It's that ?

I have also theses issues (mentioned in the first post) and it's noticeable for me.

Kid Panda
01-26-2018, 10:14 PM
Hello,

Actual plan is :

On the forum there are going to be sections for support, one for each of our products.

Example SSDS3.
And only users that purchased the product will be able to write there. So with this we remove a big part of the trolling and drama out of support sections.
This is one of the main goals of having our own forum, to be able to run our custom php code for some tasks we want to do, like this one.

Everyone will be able to read, but only customers will be able to post.

We will make a post on the support thread with instructions for the replacement units. Plan is you guys ship the board back to the USA location with a paper containing your ORDER ID and desired shipping address for the new unit. So we will only have to put new boards in a box and glue this piece of paper to send replacements unit back.

Its important to save us as many work as possible aswel.

This is the plan as today, it may end changing.

We expect to purchase the server next week and start working on the custom php code for this and other things we want to do.

Thanks

Hi neosd,

We can start shipping back to you our Super SD System 3 to get a replacement one ?

Your address is :

NeoSD Store
TERRAONION SL - B70499892
C/ Serantes 71 - San Cosme
15287 Outes
Spain

It's that ?

I have also theses issues (mentioned in the first post) and it's noticeable for me.

You really need to read the above post, no, you do not send it back yet, they will announce where and how they wil handle this.

RAZO
01-26-2018, 10:19 PM
It's always the French.

themisterfalcon
01-26-2018, 10:31 PM
Awesome news, glad you guys fixed everything. Excited to get mine :tickled:

Yodd
01-26-2018, 10:40 PM
USA folks will have a central place in the US to ship their boards to (saves shipping costs and customs forms nonsense).

Euro and other folks will ship directly back to Neosd.

But none of this will happen till the forum is active sometime in the next 6 weeks and that is also when the replacement boards should be available.

Basically...wait 6 weeks.

Gyrian
01-27-2018, 08:02 AM
Just wanted to give the team props for going above and beyond, at great cost. Problems can happen anytime to anyone, but your response says a lot about your values. Damn nice work to those helping facilitate the exchanges, too.

fille1976
01-27-2018, 10:12 AM
Its a great product,tryed over 25 games now,all working fine.
Once the new boards are ready,everbody forget about what happened.
I tested the games for 20min per game,not a single problem till today.
And i must say there are many good games on the system.
Since it works with a sdcard,i can play even easyer and more on it,no problem anymore with laser and caps problems.

c0nn0r
01-27-2018, 04:43 PM

I know it impacts the video/audio output, but the emulation is perfect. Any thoughts about selling old stock for deep discount?

This!

I would be happy to own a discounted "out of RGB spec" unit.

Syn
01-27-2018, 05:52 PM
This!

I would be happy to own a discounted "out of RGB spec" unit.

They could but it's better to be safe and pull the stock. If you bought one and eventually sold it, notifying the buyer of what exactly they're getting, the buyer could still go off. They post issues on Facebook and the forum. You can say you told the buyer, provide proof, whatever. It's still a potential timebomb that can be eliminated by not selling the pulled boards.

(I had originally suggesged offering the board sans case.)

opt2not
01-27-2018, 08:03 PM
Are people that daft? Alex already stated they don’t want to have two versions of the same product out on the market. Offering your chump change doesn’t change that.

TuSecsy
01-27-2018, 09:53 PM
They could but it's better to be safe and pull the stock. If you bought one and eventually sold it, notifying the buyer of what exactly they're getting, the buyer could still go off. They post issues on Facebook and the forum. You can say you told the buyer, provide proof, whatever. It's still a potential timebomb that can be eliminated by not selling the pulled boards.

(I had originally suggesged offering the board sans case.)

They could just engrave in giant letters on the PCB (OLD REVISION NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY). Problem solved.

Syn
01-27-2018, 09:59 PM
The pulled boards say neosd while the new say TerraOnion already.

But neosd, as of now, is pulling them.

CZroe
01-30-2018, 10:42 AM
I don’t think people are obligated to exchange theirs so there already will be two versions on the market... with some of those still having support/warranty. The way they are doing it, anyone with the old model still has the upgrade option until the warranty period is over, keeping it simple. Feels like a waste but perhaps they can salvage the major components for warranty spares or something.

AlxUnderBase
01-30-2018, 12:07 PM
48648Big surprises today (because i didn't notice something from the order date new in my Terraonion shop account) ... both products from the Terraonion masters come on my postal office ! I will grab some pictures or i'll try to do a video with the beauty and i'll come back with some news :glee: Thank you for this :) Cheers guys !

Ps : i must use this (now i see the posting date 18.01.2018) until the new board revision will be in the TerraOnion hands.

neosd
01-30-2018, 02:54 PM
48648Big surprises today (because i didn't notice something from the order date new in my Terraonion shop account) ... both products from the Terraonion masters come on my postal office ! I will grab some pictures or i'll try to do a video with the beauty and i'll come back with some news :glee: Thank you for this :) Cheers guys !

Ps : i must use this (now i see the posting date 18.01.2018) until the new board revision will be in the TerraOnion hands.

18th was the day the RGB party started,

By when it started, we already had shipped some units

sk8er000
01-31-2018, 04:07 AM
Hello,

I've received my product yesterday and I've tested it a bit, since I have all my pce systems already RGB modded I was not interested to return my item and not waste more of your time and money. Unfortunately I've noticed that the CD audio is not reproduced from the console's multi out, that reproduces only the audio chip's sounds when playing a CD game, but only from the Super SD system 3 DIN connector. If it could be a way to fix this audio issue and have it from the console DIN I don't need to send my product back to you. I'm used to make mod on retroconsoles so I can mod myself the board if it's a possible fix.

In the meantime I've got another issue but this time with the website, I'd like to register on the website to access the download and support sections but when I try to register using my serial numer the website says that the serial number does not exist and I cand register.
Is there a way to solve this?

thank ou in advance

Kez
01-31-2018, 04:50 AM
If it could be a way to fix this audio issue and have it from the console DIN

I don't think the CD audio can go back into the console, so there is no way to send it through the DIN really. One solution would be to build a cable with two connectors, one for the video from your system and one that picks up audio only from the SSDS3.

sk8er000
01-31-2018, 06:24 AM
I don't think the CD audio can go back into the console, so there is no way to send it through the DIN really. One solution would be to build a cable with two connectors, one for the video from your system and one that picks up audio only from the SSDS3.

I'm sorry but I'm not explaining this very well, I was thinking to add a proprer rgb bypass pcb (I have a couple left unused) inside the SSD3 bypassing the RGB part on the original pcb, the problem is that I've read that there are some issue with the audio part too, so I'd like to know if the audio part is fixable and use the mini din on the SSD3

AlxUnderBase
01-31-2018, 06:41 AM
Hello,

In the meantime I've got another issue but this time with the website, I'd like to register on the website to access the download and support sections but when I try to register using my serial numer the website says that the serial number does not exist and I cand register.
Is there a way to solve this?

thank ou in advance

Hello there ... the all maximum 100 serial who was initially added on the database was erased from there since our Super SD System 3 devices must send them back on the release the new batch of SSS3 ... i've got same message from the TO site ... so i don't know if they can provide something in the place for us in this moments.

neosd
01-31-2018, 09:12 AM
First page, seccond post :

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?273291-PCE-Super-SD-System-3-Terraonion-New-Product-(Dec-2017)&p=4255972&viewfull=1#post4255972

Do you have to use the rgb from the super sd sytem 3,or could i use the rgb from my mooded core grafx?
Otherwise i need to order megadrive 2 rgb cable.

You can use the pcengine video output BUT you will not get cd audio sound cause the pcengine lacks of ADPCM hardware that both Super SD System 3 and original super cdrom2 drive has, so you need to get atleast the audio output from the super sd system 3 mini-din connector.

Pcengine lacks of stereo audio input on the expansion port connector, stereo CD audio can´t be mixed back .... Not an issue there ...

SSDS3 is not active on download area. We are reworking the entire website, to add forums and more.

Be patient please

Quantum
01-31-2018, 04:05 PM
Hey neosd! I wanted to inquire about purchasing a defective super cd system 3. If you are going to just throw them out I'd love to mess around with one at a reduced price with no warranty. I'm not interested in the RGB output of the device but I would like to try and use it just for ODE.

Again I wouldn't expect any support or warranty, I'm a pretty handy guy.

Thanks!

MobiusStripTech
01-31-2018, 04:35 PM
Hey neosd! I wanted to inquire about purchasing a defective super cd system 3. If you are going to just throw them out I'd love to mess around with one at a reduced price with no warranty. I'm not interested in the RGB output of the device but I would like to try and use it just for ODE.

Thanks!

They have already said no to this multiple times.

neosd
01-31-2018, 04:43 PM

Thanks!

Hello,

We are not going to sell those and we don´t have plans for a reduced price, we may rise the price btw.

This had a cost for us and we are still thinking about how we are going to reach our numbers, but selling those units is not going to happen.
We may rise the price of this product or we may decide to make the next one more exclusive as neosd and double the price (for the next one)

We have to adjust our strategy based on what happened this time.

Thanks

TuSecsy
02-01-2018, 11:29 AM
Hello,

We are not going to sell those and we don´t have plans for a reduced price, we may rise the price btw.

This had a cost for us and we are still thinking about how we are going to reach our numbers, but selling those units is not going to happen.
We may rise the price of this product or we may decide to make the next one more exclusive as neosd and double the price (for the next one)

We have to adjust our strategy based on what happened this time.

Thanks

Why are you so against selling the first run units to recoup some of the money lost? There are plenty of people who are fine with it as-is using sync on composite, composite video, or internal mods.

As for the "we don't want two versions of the same product out there" thing, that's understandable, but you do realize a large portion of the units already shipped will not be returned to you right? People are either too lazy, aren't on an internet forum, are fine with the product the way it is, or aren't even aware of all the issues on forums. These products will still be circulating for years to come.

Just stamp "EARLY VERSION NO RETURNS, NO TECHNICAL SUPPORT" in large letters on both sides of the PCB or even on the shell, sell them at cost, and recoup your lost money. Krikzz does it all the time with early versions of everdrives and people eat them up quick. It is still a 100% functioning ODE, and that's the main purpose of the device is it not?

It's your business, of course, but jacking up the price or price gouging (doubling?!?) the price of items is not going to endear yourself to customers in the long run.

Just my two cents.

neosd
02-01-2018, 11:40 AM
Why are you so against selling the first run units to recoup some of the money lost? There are plenty of people who are fine with it as-is using sync on composite, composite video, or internal mods.

As for the "we don't want two versions of the same product out there" thing, that's understandable, but you do realize a large portion of the units already shipped will not be returned to you right? People are either too lazy, aren't on an internet forum, are fine with the product the way it is, or aren't even aware of all the issues on forums. These products will still be circulating for years to come.

Just stamp "EARLY VERSION NO RETURNS, NO TECHNICAL SUPPORT" in large letters on both sides of the PCB or even on the shell, sell them at cost, and recoup your lost money. Krikzz does it all the time with early versions of everdrives and people eat them up quick. It is still a 100% functioning ODE, and that's the main purpose of the device is it not?

It's your business, of course, but jacking up the price or price gouging (doubling?!?) the price of items is not going to endear yourself to customers in the long run.

Just my two cents.

I don´t want to offend anyone, but we are different than Krikzz.

We do products to the same customers but with different engineering.

We don´t like hardware revisions, cause this means that you haven´t done it well on the first time. And yes, we did a mistake with the RGB so we are offering replacements instead of not doing this, and fix it on the next version.

We want our mistakes in a box, let those die there, and move fordward.

Business is learn to loose aswel, we were 100% sure we had a winner product, we were not expecting this.

The "leason" we have learnt this time is we can´t just adjust price to win on the long term, cause any of those youtube "masters" cand send your work to the trash in a minute.

Thanks

Razoola
02-01-2018, 12:52 PM
Does this means you have contacted/emailed everyone who ordered from you (who already had their order shipped) to return the item to you? Unless you do this the reality will be that two revisions will end up out there I forsee.

How about when it comes to the first firmware update... You could just brick first revision PCBs with it and give a message to return the item to you for update. Also there is the option to cripple returned product and cripple them with warning message so people know the difference in quality.

neosd
02-01-2018, 01:00 PM
Does this means you have contacted/emailed everyone who ordered from you (who already had their order shipped) to return the item to you? Unless you do this the reality will be that two revisions will end up out there I forsee.

How about when it comes to the first firmware update... You could just brick first revision PCBs with it and give a message to return the item to you for update. Also there is the option to cripple returned product and cripple them with warning message so people know the difference in quality.

First we need :

- Have the new pcbs in stock
- Have the forum to move people there

We are working on both things now :

- PCBS were sent to production the day before we anounced the solution and we are just waiting, nothing else to do in this subject than waiting.

- We are working on the forums and website redesign.

greatfunky
02-01-2018, 01:04 PM
We don´t like hardware revisions, cause this means that you haven´t done it well on the first time. And yes, we did a mistake with the RGB so we are offering replacements instead of not doing this, and fix it on the next version.

Another reason why i appreciate so much neosd team , as an everdrive owner ( for 4 different consoles) I can not digest that revisions story , dropping the old ones .

TuSecsy
02-01-2018, 03:19 PM

We do products to the same customers but with different engineering.

We want our mistakes in a box, let those die there, and move fordward.

Business is learn to loose aswel, we were 100% sure we had a winner product, we were not expecting this.

The "leason" we have learnt this time is we can´t just adjust price to win on the long term, cause any of those youtube "masters" cand send your work to the trash in a minute.

Thanks

I understand all this, but no matter what you do you're not going to get all 100 or so of them back anyway, not even close. No reason to eat the 5-10,000 euros and just trash them when you could blow them out in a half-price fire sale, at least recoup most of your cost. You are going to have two "revisions" out there anyway, and it's not like it's 1000 of them or something.

But do as you please, as a consumer I can only say if your next product is way more expensive than it should be I just won't buy it personally.

Also you seem to be both blaming youtubers for the problem and also admitting the problem was on your end at the same time. Can't really have it both ways. Why didn't you hit up Voultar a month before you released it, instead of just laughing peoples concerns off? This is a 330$ product we're talking about, not some cheapo 100$ one. You had to expect people wanted it perfect?

opt2not
02-01-2018, 03:37 PM
C’mon ban this whiny fucktard already. He’s saying the same shit that was on shmups (now I see he edited some of the neo-geo mod hate comments).

It is what it is, why can’t you take what neoSD is saying, they do not want to release rev.1. Accept it.

They already admitted there were mistakes, why are you “beating the dead horse?”

AlxUnderBase
02-01-2018, 03:40 PM

Thanks

Guys ... my brother in these moments break the neo geo controller ... it's any doubt about your beauties and for sure they will admit that in the final ! i'm honest ... when i discover your products i put my fist in my moth :drool_2: (on that date just NeoSd was available) i put a order for both ! So ... the shinny SSS3 as a product deserve more than that ! Don't waste your nerves with those guys who didn't have good intentions ! On the final will be a win situation for all of us ! Last night i play for little bit "Ninja Spirit" (with a Puckapunch rgb cable from retrogamingcable) ... for me as a noobie was an AWESOME experience ! for sure ... i'll do a video next hours / days and i'll put somewhere easy to acces for everybody ! i did this already with NeoSd :)

Peace & best !

Rot
02-01-2018, 04:06 PM
C’mon ban this whiny fucktard already. He’s saying the same shit that was on shmups (now I see he edited some of the neo-geo mod hate comments).

It is what it is, why can’t you take what neoSD is saying, they do not want to release rev.1. Accept it.

They already admitted there were mistakes, why are you “beating the dead horse?”

I aint in a banning mood recently...

And TBH... Tu_sucksy knows where the lines are...

...If I truly wanted him... (or anyone) gone... they'd already been dealt with....

xROTx

Kid Panda
02-01-2018, 04:46 PM
NO ONE IS GOING TO GET A REDUCED PRICED UNIT, PERIOD. QUIT ASKING FOR IT, I DONT GIVE A FUCK WHO YOU ARE, THEY MADE THE DECISION, LIVE WITH IT.

opt2not
02-01-2018, 05:16 PM
Ok Rot, enjoy the relaxing. Still think TuDickless is here just for trolling neosd, but whatever. We'll see when revision 2 is done and shipping and all this blows over if he is still touting the same tune.

Rot
02-01-2018, 05:23 PM
Ok Rot, enjoy the relaxing.

If I ever feel that to be the case... he will find out why my rep is deserved...

xROTx

PS. I hear on Dicksofts site... they have a voodoo doll of me... and stick pins in it... hoping I'll die...

GohanX
02-01-2018, 05:26 PM
We do that too, but instead of pins we use our penis.

Rot
02-01-2018, 05:28 PM
We do that too, but instead of pins we use our penis.

This is by far the most disturbing post I have read recently...

... and I read all of Neobuyers posts...:help:

xROTx

Syn
02-01-2018, 06:50 PM
Even more disturbing is the amount of dolls he gone through!

GohanX
02-01-2018, 07:21 PM
I have to buy in bulk from AliExpress.

TuSecsy
02-02-2018, 02:37 AM

just trying to keep them from throwing 5-10,000 euros worth of perfectly good product in the trash. gave it my best shot.

...opt4cock

Chris123
02-02-2018, 11:06 AM
Hello,

I received a missed package notification at my home. It's from Spain, so I'm guessing it's the SSDS3, though I never received any shipping notification via e-mail or the neosdstore website.

There's a customs fee indicated on this of about $17 USD.

I understand a replacement SSDS3 board will be available within two months.

Can I choose to refuse the package, have it shipped back to Terra Onion, then await the new product to be shipped to me?

Or do I have to accept it now, pay the import fee, then pay to ship the board back when the replacement is available, then possibly pay another import fee when it arrives back in my country?

Thanks!

pixeljunkie
02-02-2018, 11:19 AM
NO ONE IS GOING TO GET A REDUCED PRICED UNIT, PERIOD. QUIT ASKING FOR IT, I DONT GIVE A FUCK WHO YOU ARE, THEY MADE THE DECISION, LIVE WITH IT.

THIS - just makes all the people who bitched about things without ever having bought one all the slimier by trying to get something at a discount.

jcoelho
02-02-2018, 03:28 PM
Amen

90s
02-08-2018, 02:05 AM
I recently received my neosd and SSD3. I wanted to share my experience with the SSD3.

I had purchased a MD2 cable from RGC to use with the SSD3. RGC is usually my go to for buying RGB cables. When using this cable, I experienced the issues discussed in this thread. However, I then used the old MD2 cable I had previously purchased from RGC for my Genesis years ago and have not encountered any noticeable issues (at least to me). I'm guessing the older cable has a different sync (can't remember as I got it a long time ago). Long story short, I'm using the new cable on my Genesis and the old cable on my TG16/SSD3 and things are going well. I'm having a good time playing Rondo of Blood and thanks to the SSD3 I'm playing more TG than I have in a long time.

So, I don't think my SSD3 is one that Terraonion will be getting back. I'm enjoying the item. Needless to say, the neosd is freaking great and I look forward to the other products Terraonion is working on.

AlxUnderBase
02-08-2018, 07:28 AM
So, I don't think my SSD3 is one that Terraonion will be getting back. I'm enjoying the item. Needless to say, the neosd is freaking great and I look forward to the other products Terraonion is working on.

If your RGC MD2 / Genesis 2 is a PUCKAPUNCH cable your choice was wise ... if not , the RGC MD2 normal cable can cause some issues ... My experience with SSS3 was awesome seems to get 0 troubles until now with SSS3 + Sega MD 2 / Genesis 2 RGB SCART PACKAPUNCH PRO CABLE ... i play just Ninja Spirit because i don't have support to play other types of platforms like CD-rom2 , Arcade CD-ROM² games. So if your choice will be to not sent this beauty back , hope you'll have the future support from TerraOnion team. Cheers

neosd
02-08-2018, 10:48 AM
If your RGC MD2 / Genesis 2 is a PUCKAPUNCH cable your choice was wise ... if not , the RGC MD2 normal cable can cause some issues ... My experience with SSS3 was awesome seems to get 0 troubles until now with SSS3 + Sega MD 2 / Genesis 2 RGB SCART PACKAPUNCH PRO CABLE ... i play just Ninja Spirit because i don't have support to play other types of platforms like CD-rom2 , Arcade CD-ROM² games. So if your choice will be to not sent this beauty back , hope you'll have the future support from TerraOnion team. Cheers

the firmware is the same on both boards, we are going to compile the updates for both ...

BTW i been told that tomorrow we will have the new pcbs, so the plan is to solder two of those by hand on the weekend to do the final validation, if familly lets me do that (i hope so)

More news soon

Thanks

wju2004
02-08-2018, 12:25 PM
the firmware is the same on both boards, we are going to compile the updates for both ...

BTW i been told that tomorrow we will have the new pcbs, so the plan is to solder two of those by hand on the weekend to do the final validation, if familly lets me do that (i hope so)

More news soon

Thanks

Thanks for the update and thanks for all the hard work you are putting in to get this corrected!

neosd
02-09-2018, 04:35 PM
EDIT - PRODUCTION STATUS - 09-02-2018

We got the new pcbs today from factory

NEW Panel front picture:

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/pce_new_boards_1.jpeg

There is only one visible change on the front, www.neosdstore.com has been replaced by www.terraonion.com

On the back there are more changes

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/pce_new_boards_2.jpeg

On the left its the OLD pcb and on the right there is the NEW one.

We have soldered the new pcb today by hand and everything works fine, rgb issue is gone :)

So whats the roadmap as today ?

monday 12th february we enter into production for the batch. we should be shipping again before the month ends, i think factory will take about 14-21 days to provide us the boards.

Thanks

Relikk
02-09-2018, 07:34 PM
Hi Alex,

Thanks for the updates. When the new batch that's ready for shipping gets going again, will you be starting from where you left off in the queue, or will you be waiting for people to return their faulty PCBs?

MobiusStripTech
02-09-2018, 07:48 PM
Hi Alex,

Thanks for the updates. When the new batch that's ready for shipping gets going again, will you be starting from where you left off in the queue, or will you be waiting for people to return their faulty PCBs?

It was said earlier that they would start over from the beginning.

Chris123
02-09-2018, 09:24 PM
Hello,

I received a missed package notification at my home. It's from Spain, so I'm guessing it's the SSDS3, though I never received any shipping notification via e-mail or the neosdstore website.

There's a customs fee indicated on this of about $17 USD.

I understand a replacement SSDS3 board will be available within two months.

Can I choose to refuse the package, have it shipped back to Terra Onion, then await the new product to be shipped to me?

Or do I have to accept it now, pay the import fee, then pay to ship the board back when the replacement is available, then possibly pay another import fee when it arrives back in my country?

Thanks!

Sorry to bump, but hoping this can be answered. I tried sending a message through the order website but haven't heard anything back.

The package is set to be returned to sender on Feb. 16. According to Japan Post, it should be returned OK, but would like to confirm with neosd that this is an OK procedure to follow.

neosd
02-10-2018, 08:34 AM
Sorry to bump, but hoping this can be answered. I tried sending a message through the order website but haven't heard anything back.

The package is set to be returned to sender on Feb. 16. According to Japan Post, it should be returned OK, but would like to confirm with neosd that this is an OK procedure to follow.

Hello,

I will try to answer you tomorrow, its not an easy answer that requires some time to write the explanation.

Sorry about not answering you before but i literally had no time to write our answer

neosd
02-10-2018, 08:36 AM
Hello,

Some videos of the new pcb, its the same footage captured with the Framemeister and with a camera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZJYjLeiU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWkNYD0a7J8

neosd
02-12-2018, 05:27 AM
Hello,

We are receiving a lot emails asking for when people can send back pbs.

This has been explained before, we will give instructions as soon as we have the boards in stock and the forum ready, as today we don´t have any of those, so we are not going to answer those emails.

Please, don´t hammer, be patient

Thanks

neosd
02-12-2018, 05:28 AM
Hello,

We are receiving a lot emails asking for when people can send back pbs.

This has been explained before, we will give instructions as soon as we have the boards in stock and the forum ready, as today we don´t have any of those, so we are not going to answer those emails.

Please, don´t hammer, be patient

Thanks

shadowtek
02-13-2018, 11:07 AM
I've been searching everywhere and haven't found real confirmation that it will work on the US TG16. Will it work on that? I saw that you were waiting on the shells initially to be sure? Sorry if this is a repeat, thanks for this amazing product!

MobiusStripTech
02-13-2018, 11:19 AM
I've been searching everywhere and haven't found real confirmation that it will work on the US TG16. Will it work on that? I saw that you were waiting on the shells initially to be sure? Sorry if this is a repeat, thanks for this amazing product!

Yes it works. In my case the fitment was actually better on my TG16.

fenikso
02-13-2018, 11:20 AM

Yes, it will work. Worst case scenario you'll unscrew the case slightly or shave off the tabs if the fit is too tight.

Edit - MST beat me to it.

shadowtek
02-13-2018, 11:30 AM
Yes it works. In my case the fitment was actually better on my TG16.

Thanks!!

neosd
02-27-2018, 12:54 PM
Hello Guys,

An small update about Super SD System 3 production/shipments.

I went to the factory today to bring chips, pcbs will be there by friday and next week the SMT process should start.
I say should cause this is what we agreeded.

What this means ? it means that we still have no date for the production but it will be next week and i expect that we will start shipping units at the end of next week.

So the waiting is almost over

MobiusStripTech
02-27-2018, 01:07 PM
Great news!

Rave
02-27-2018, 01:26 PM
Hello Guys,

An small update about Super SD System 3 production/shipments.

I went to the factory today to bring chips, pcbs will be there by friday and next week the SMT process should start.
I say should cause this is what we agreeded.

What this means ? it means that we still have no date for the production but it will be next week and i expect that we will start shipping units at the end of next week.

So the waiting is almost overAwesome news!
Glad to hear you are getting back on track, let's hope everything goes as smoothly as possible for you guys now. :)

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

lurk
03-24-2018, 12:08 AM
Hello, I registered just to post a couple questions and clarify the process, as I was unsure after reading the thread. Going through several pages worth of mostly unrelated drama to the announcement was confusing.

I already have my Super SD 3 and need the newer version. Is the plan to at some point release an address for me and others to send their current PCBs to, and then we'll receive the new boards? Or will we receive the new boards and then send the old board back? Should I already take apart the device and prep it for shipping?

Really looking forward to getting the new board since I love the device, just right now I'm unable to capture from the device properly until I get the newer one.

Thanks for your time.

MobiusStripTech
03-24-2018, 12:25 AM
It's been posted multiple times. Just wait. An address will be provided. Nothing is happening until the new forum is open.

lurk
03-24-2018, 12:53 PM
It's been posted multiple times. Just wait. An address will be provided. Nothing is happening until the new forum is open.
And I'm asking again to clarify the process because having bits of info posted over 7 pages, and some updates via Twitter that haven't been posted here, is really confusing. I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting a more solid update explaining everything up to this point, either by editing the first post of this thread to include the additional updates, or through some basic page on their website serving the same function.

It feels really off-putting to have to read through 7 pages of essentially YouTube review drama to get an update on a recall to a device I dropped a fair bit of money on. I understand the complications this has caused Terra Onion and appreciate their work to fix the issue. All I'm asking is for clarification of this recall process in an official manner, because reading the thread has been confusing despite it being, "posted multiple times."

MobiusStripTech
03-24-2018, 01:11 PM
And I'm asking again to clarify the process because having bits of info posted over 7 pages, and some updates via Twitter that haven't been posted here, is really confusing. I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting a more solid update explaining everything up to this point, either by editing the first post of this thread to include the additional updates, or through some basic page on their website serving the same function.

It feels really off-putting to have to read through 7 pages of essentially YouTube review drama to get an update on a recall to a device I dropped a fair bit of money on. I understand the complications this has caused Terra Onion and appreciate their work to fix the issue. All I'm asking is for clarification of this recall process in an official manner, because reading the thread has been confusing despite it being, "posted multiple times."

Wait for support forum to open. Fill out return form. Send in unit. Get replacement.

Kid Panda
03-24-2018, 01:28 PM
Hello, I registered just to post a couple questions and clarify the process, as I was unsure after reading the thread. Going through several pages worth of mostly unrelated drama to the announcement was confusing.

I already have my Super SD 3 and need the newer version. Is the plan to at some point release an address for me and others to send their current PCBs to, and then we'll receive the new boards? Or will we receive the new boards and then send the old board back? Should I already take apart the device and prep it for shipping?

Really looking forward to getting the new board since I love the device, just right now I'm unable to capture from the device properly until I get the newer one.

Thanks for your time.

I'm curious as to how you are unable to capture from the device? I have one and I can capture gameplay from it fine. I've done over 30 games so far.

AlxUnderBase
03-25-2018, 10:59 AM
And I'm asking again to clarify the process because having bits of info posted over 7 pages, and some updates via Twitter that haven't been posted here .... bla bla bla."

Forum: Terraonion Discussion Center.
____

READ THIS THEARD - > Super SD System 3 replacement boards program

( http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?274295-Super-SD-System-3-replacement-boards-program )

lurk
03-25-2018, 11:53 AM
I'm curious as to how you are unable to capture from the device? I have one and I can capture gameplay from it fine. I've done over 30 games so far.

I use a Datapath VisionE1s and because of the faulty sync, the device cannot pickup the signal properly. I eventually got some different Mega Drive cables with different sync, and then a scart to BNC with a sync stripper. That has allowed me to capture the device, but with a ton of noise everywhere - as already described in the first post of the thread. The revision appears to address these issues.

Forum: Terraonion Discussion Center.
____

READ THIS THEARD - > Super SD System 3 replacement boards program

( http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?274295-Super-SD-System-3-replacement-boards-program )
So now the info is spread across 7 pages, 1 different thread, and Twitter, instead of being all in 1 place. Any other additional forums/threads/twitters/websites I should check for random updates from?

Please note that I don't use this forum, and won't use this forum after the replacement instructions and board are received - I specifically bookmarked this thread for updates since it's listed as TerraOnions official statement on the matter. As I already mentioned, having a static web page to explain all of this information would have been much preferred to this forum nonsense.

Rot
03-25-2018, 12:04 PM
I use a Datapath VisionE1s and because of the faulty sync, the device cannot pickup the signal properly. I eventually got some different Mega Drive cables with different sync, and then a scart to BNC with a sync stripper. That has allowed me to capture the device, but with a ton of noise everywhere - as already described in the first post of the thread. The revision appears to address these issues.

So now the info is spread across 7 pages, 1 different thread, and Twitter, instead of being all in 1 place. Any other additional forums/threads/twitters/websites I should check for random updates from?

Please note that I don't use this forum, and won't use this forum after the replacement instructions and board are received - I specifically bookmarked this thread for updates since it's listed as TerraOnions official statement on the matter. As I already mentioned, having a static web page to explain all of this information would have been much preferred to this forum nonsense.

Hello...

Seeing as you don't wanna be here... you might as well sit it out in the War Room..

I am also considering locking the Terraonion forum down so NO visitors may view it...

Welcome to this is NOT a fuckin' democracy forum... and you are here as a fuckin' private guest...

Yodd
03-25-2018, 12:06 PM
I would recommend to not do that. At least until their forum is opened up.

Rot
03-25-2018, 12:13 PM
I would recommend to not do that. At least until their forum is opened up.

I know Yodd... I typed that in a fit of annoyance....

It irritates me on a Grandiose scale when people would rather be TOLD shit... instead of reading up and actually enjoying the site...

When will these guys ever learn... :dumbassn00bbashinggif:

xROTx

PS. ALSO... if you feel like complaining... do it while sitting in the toilets at work... to yourself...

Because if you HAD decided to read the forum... you might've realised it's usually a BAD idea...

Syn
03-25-2018, 02:11 PM
When the TO forums do open, I wonder if the spoon fedders think it's going to be better.

Rot takes most of the heat from the entitled jerk offs.

7 pages is too much for you little guy, try the 20+ pages of people asking the same questions to tired to read previously asked questions.

It would have been way more than 7 pages without Rot's vigilance.

Gyrian
03-25-2018, 09:17 PM
The more you read, the more immediately obvious that these folks have the patience of saints. But it's never enough. Why start off annoyed? Won't shorten your path to a resolution.