PDA

View Full Version : PCE Super SD System 3 - Terraonion New Product (Dec 2017)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10

SavagePencil
04-04-2018, 03:50 PM
...and you're rolling on an unmodded SuperGrafx, too, with a stock PSU, right? That's my setup.

I only have a Duo to compare with, so I don't have anything else to test with.

nevets14
04-04-2018, 03:54 PM
...and you're rolling on an unmodded SuperGrafx, too, with a stock PSU, right? That's my setup.

I only have a Duo to compare with, so I don't have anything else to test with.

No, TG-16 with stock PSU also tried with the CD Unit PSU, got buzz. Also tried a different TG-16 still produced buzz.

Syn
04-04-2018, 04:23 PM
Good points.

From your earlier comment, you said you're using retro accessories SCART cables. Are those plain ol' vanilla ones, or did you get the shielded ones?

Not certain, most likely the shielded ones if I had the option.

SavagePencil
04-04-2018, 04:25 PM
Not certain, most likely the shielded ones if I had the option.

Per the blog, she's currently out of those, so we'll have to wait: https://retro-access.com/blogs/news/new-coax-is-arriving-soon-1

Syn
04-04-2018, 04:41 PM
https://youtu.be/9zVSl31uoOo

opt2not
04-04-2018, 04:56 PM
^ You should in on that translation romhack, Syn. Works like a charm on the SSDS3.

Syn
04-04-2018, 05:05 PM
I have it ;)

In a earlier video on FB, I used Drac to show buzzing. I shot basically the same video with the RA cables for comparison. The difference is dramatic.

Neo NooNaN
04-04-2018, 05:11 PM
Loving the device!! When you're old and busy with life, even the convenience of not having to burn a disc and swap them to play a diff game is huge. I just played through Riot Zone...never played before. Music is so fuckin' good!

Re: buzzing, I can detect it, but only when all else is quiet. It doesn't impact my enjoyment whatsoever. If someone who thinks it's more than that could post a vid, that would be good for comparison.
Other than the SSD3, system and cables, you've got to be sure that everything else is tight as well. Your system is only as good as its weakest link. Grounding, shielding and proper power regulation are key.
If you're going to be nitpicky about stuff, then you've also got to hold yourself a certain standard as well.

Jibbajaba
04-04-2018, 05:23 PM
I was having sync problems with a retro-gaming-accessories composite-video-as-sync cable through both a Framemeister and an OSSC, but not my PVMs. Maybe this was due to the capacitor thing, based on what Voultar said. I switched to a PACKAPUNCH cable, and no more problems. There is some VERY FAINT, barely noticeable diagonal line noise through the OSSC, but it's not visible through the Framemeister or on a PVM. The only other video problem I'm having is jailbars, but that's the PCE itself and has nothing to do with the SSDS3. So far, I have yet to play a CD game where the SD card access buzzing is audible over the game music.

I have to agree with some of the other posters, that for some reason people's standards when it comes to stuff like this has just gotten completely insane. It's like it has to be perfection or nothing. I used to use one of those SNES floppy drive things. When Everdrives came out, I was blown away. Didn't matter that some games didn't work.

The SSDS3 is more than worth the asking price as it is now. If the buzzing thing gets mitigated or fixed completely, great. If not, live with it. It's like some of you don't remember what it was like playing games through an RF cable back in the day.

Syn
04-04-2018, 05:26 PM
I could load a bad video but that won't help. Believe me, one of the four cables I tried was really bad. I don't doubt it when someone reports buzzing.

I've early adopted a number of projects and watched a lot of other projects. You have to be willing to adapt and not expect things to adapt to you.

If you get bored, really bored, look at projects for the Atari 7800. Expansion modules delays, like people paid 4 or 5 years ago. Multi carts that work with a handful of systems.

Neo NooNaN
04-04-2018, 05:33 PM
I used to use one of those SNES floppy drive things. When Everdrives came out, I was blown away. Didn't matter that some games didn't work.

I still have one of those in a box somewhere. Was BLOWN away at the time. The surge of ROM carts and ODEs has made it so accessible to play a library of games in seconds. I still buy games, some expensive ones, but would NEVER have the oppty to try out so many if not for this tech.

Syn
04-04-2018, 05:40 PM
They help you choose the physical copies you wish to own. Or which are expendable, lol.

RevQuixo
04-04-2018, 05:41 PM
Still waiting on that list of games.

Every game for me including the SSDS3 menu...but only with the HDRetrovision cables and only noticeable on an HDTV.

It very well might be my SuperGrafx's original PSU. The SGX + SSDS3 + HDR cables all need juice. It might be slightly underpowered as-is. I've ordered a new replacement.

Neo NooNaN
04-04-2018, 05:47 PM
They help you choose the physical copies you wish to own. Or which are expendable, lol.

Yep on both fronts. I find that I dedicate more play time to the ones I invest in. Also the arcade/shooters/beat 'em ups I'll play many times, so buying a complete copy is attractive there too.

Syn
04-04-2018, 05:48 PM
Every game for me including the SSDS3 menu...but only with the HDRetrovision cables and only noticeable on an HDTV.

It very well might be my SuperGrafx's original PSU. The SGX + SSDS3 + HDR cables all need juice. It might be slightly underpowered as-is. I've ordered a new replacement.

My hdr cables arrived today, I have a new ps too for my SuperGrafx. I guess I'll test that soon.

Edit My Vizio wouldn't accept the signal directly. My Samsung worked but buzzed. My Toshiba 27" crt worked perfectly.

RevQuixo
04-04-2018, 06:42 PM
My hdr cables arrived today, I have a new ps too for my SuperGrafx. I guess I'll test that soon.

Edit My Vizio wouldn't accept the signal directly. My Samsung worked but buzzed. My Toshiba 27" crt worked perfectly.

Good to hear. If you are planning on using the cables, might want to flip that cap in for no other reason than abundance of caution.

Syn
04-04-2018, 06:50 PM
Yeah, I'll get someone to flip it as my iron skills are limited.

SavagePencil
04-04-2018, 07:02 PM

Were you getting consistent buzz or did it modulate with SD card access?

Syn
04-04-2018, 07:06 PM
Constant so I didn't even go past the menu. That's the set I use with the xrgb3 so I'm good.

Loukey
04-04-2018, 07:15 PM
I can't wait to give mine a try. They shipped it all the way back on the 20th, but I was dumb and chose Correos.

Syn
04-04-2018, 07:20 PM
Make sure to check the working setups thread for the best possible enjoyment right out of the box ;)

comp1demon
04-04-2018, 07:51 PM
Looks like the lord Voultar is on the case for helping out here.. He is doing some First revision debugging.

He just posted this...

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/981667556921630721

Loukey
04-04-2018, 07:59 PM
Looks like the lord Voultar is on the case for helping out here.. He is doing some First revision debugging.

He just posted this...

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/981667556921630721

If rgb addon is cheap, may be a nice way to salvage v1 boards.

MobiusStripTech
04-04-2018, 08:11 PM
That board is the interface unit board.

SavagePencil
04-04-2018, 11:01 PM
RGB cleared up on the Rev 1 board:

https://twitter.com/Voultar/status/981732021826449408?s=20

comp1demon
04-05-2018, 12:12 AM
RGB cleared up on the Rev 1 board:

https://twitter.com/Voultar/status/981732021826449408?s=20

He said he did it for himself.. but still... This could be a fairly cost effective way to take care of the REV 1 issues.

Ideas I have though.....

1. Terraonion and Voltar work out a deal where all REV 1 boards are shipped to him, he does fix and returns. Terraonion offers cutomer choice between V2 or Fixed board. Would be more cost effective then a V2 replacement. Personally after seeing this video most V1 customers would probably rather have this option.

2. Terraonion gets all the REV 1 boards back and replaces with REV 2 like they said they were gonna do and then buys all the board fixes from Voultar and install them themself and then re-sell them as refurbished (I would still pay very close to their asking price, in fact I would buy one or Two of those reworked boards for my other systems)

3. Terraonion pays Voultar a fair fee for the PCB design and install method. They produce their own boards and repair all V1 they get back and resells them.

There really is great potential with this. Voultar just showed them he can bail them out and take care of the V1 issue (without himself really doing it - proof of concept). IF Terraonion is going to do anything with those returned V1 boards, this would be the thing to do with them. Use Voultar's fix and sell them as Refurbed. For a new 240 Euro system 3. I would bet they could sell these for 200 or 220 euro + Shipping or even sell them for 240 euro and offer free shipping for each refurbed unit and I guarantee they would sell all of them ASAP. It would be a logistics god send for something like this.

Syn
04-05-2018, 12:28 AM
Playing along with this, a small number of rev 1 boards shipped so the rest are new. With the revision, they're still new and should be sold as such. If the end result is the same it's not much different than the various PCE models already.

Also changing bail them out to help them out will ruffle less feathers.

pixeljunkie
04-05-2018, 07:37 AM
My gut says after them having to go back and make a new set of boards their profit margin has gotten significantly punched in the nuts. Given how small an operation they are and assuming they quit jobs to do this full time, etc...I just can't imagine a scenario where something like all this plays out. If it we're me, I'd be tempted to burn it all and move on as well.

RevQuixo
04-05-2018, 08:28 AM
I seem to recall something about TO changing the audio levels in Rev 2 as well...not sure if that is hardware or software, but if it was hardware then Voultar's RGB mod won't correct for that. I think it is wisest to stick with just the Rev 2s...If they push a firmware change that affects the video, they can't control for the variable of outside modded hardware.

VJP
04-05-2018, 08:59 AM
Got a problem with the imagequality. My setup is a core grafx with Super SD System 3, Packapunch pro cable and the FrameMeister.(NeoGeo, SuperFamicom, NES, etc. no problemo)
It looks like a kind of flicker/noise moving over the whole image.
As I was not shure if the problem is comming from the CoreGrafix or the Super SD System 3, I did the Jailbar fix & Recap on the CoreGrafx, but still the same result.

Took some screenshots(ElGato):
vjp.ch/img/flicker/01.jpg
vjp.ch/img/flicker/02.jpg
vjp.ch/img/flicker/03.jpg

In reality it looks even worser.

Any suggestions/ideas?

edit: not bitching about RGB, just curious if this is "normal" or a malfunction.

Yodd
04-05-2018, 09:01 AM
Revision 1 board from January or the recent 2nd revision?

also, what power supply? original NEC or a 3rd party?

VJP
04-05-2018, 09:06 AM
Should be a Revision2 board, will check on that as soon as I'm home, but I received it weeks after the Revision1 trouble, so I think it will be a Revison2.

The PowerSupply is a 3rd Party: https://en.retrogamesupply.com/collections/pc-engine/products/power-supply-for-nec-pc-engine-coregrafx-1-2

SavagePencil
04-05-2018, 09:07 AM
One angle I hadn’t considered: could audio noise be related to SD card brand? Do some (maybe higher-density) cards require more juice or generate more noise? I’ll try with a few to see if it changes things.

Seren
04-05-2018, 09:21 AM
Should be a Revision2 board, will check on that as soon as I'm home, but I received it weeks after the Revision1 trouble, so I think it will be a Revison2.

The PowerSupply is a 3rd Party: https://en.retrogamesupply.com/collections/pc-engine/products/power-supply-for-nec-pc-engine-coregrafx-1-2

Those after market PSU's suck (cheap generic ones from China). Even with the Turbo everdrive, they have been known to cause issues. Get an official PSU or a better verfied after market one.

GadgetUK
04-05-2018, 09:31 AM
Got a problem with the imagequality. My setup is a core grafx with Super SD System 3, Packapunch pro cable and the FrameMeister.(NeoGeo, SuperFamicom, NES, etc. no problemo)
It looks like a kind of flicker/noise moving over the whole image.
As I was not shure if the problem is comming from the CoreGrafix or the Super SD System 3, I did the Jailbar fix & Recap on the CoreGrafx, but still the same result.

Took some screenshots(ElGato):
vjp.ch/img/flicker/01.jpg
vjp.ch/img/flicker/02.jpg
vjp.ch/img/flicker/03.jpg

In reality it looks even worser.

Any suggestions/ideas?

edit: not bitching about RGB, just curious if this is "normal" or a malfunction.

Those look like the standard PCE jailbars to me. Have you added the capacitor to the GPU there - that should improve if not fix that issue completely. Nothing the SSDS3 can do about those lines.

RevQuixo
04-05-2018, 09:45 AM
Those look like the standard PCE jailbars to me. Have you added the capacitor to the GPU there - that should improve if not fix that issue completely. Nothing the SSDS3 can do about those lines.

I can't see the pics, but if it is jailbars go here:

http://etim.net.au/av-driver/pcebars/

Involves a simplish cap replacement.

GadgetUK
04-05-2018, 10:06 AM
I can't see the pics, but if it is jailbars go here:

http://etim.net.au/av-driver/pcebars/

Involves a simplish cap replacement.
Yep, that's the one!

pixeljunkie
04-05-2018, 10:30 AM
One angle I hadn’t considered: could audio noise be related to SD card brand? Do some (maybe higher-density) cards require more juice or generate more noise? I’ll try with a few to see if it changes things.

I was wondering that this morning - I use a fairly high quality

SavagePencil
04-05-2018, 10:37 AM
I was wondering that this morning - I use a fairly high quality

I'm using a Sandisk Ultra 256GB. Will try a smaller one tonight.

pixeljunkie
04-05-2018, 10:45 AM
I'm using a Sandisk Ultra 256GB. Will try a smaller one tonight.

Definitely - I'm using a Sandisk Ultra 64GB Micro SDXC

takeshi385
04-05-2018, 10:46 AM
I haven't had any problems with video or audio. My ac adapter is built off of a Sony AC-CRX10U power supply. I chose this because for the same price as a crap after market psu I could make something way better that would run even on 240v and it wouldn't be prone to noise creeping into the video. In addition, unlike the expensive oem psu and the crappy after market sh*t (which has been long known to create video issues) the sony psu has more amps and isn't a freakin wall wart. I also use my ssds3 with my rgb modded sony trinitron I built.

elevengames
04-05-2018, 01:17 PM
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/04/hardware_review_terraonion_super_sd_system_3_unloc ks_the_entire_pc_engine_library

Write-up on the SSDS3 that references this forum.

Tripredacus
04-05-2018, 01:20 PM
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/04/hardware_review_terraonion_super_sd_system_3_unloc ks_the_entire_pc_engine_library

Write-up on the SSDS3 that references this forum.

What's a niggle?

Jibbajaba
04-05-2018, 01:32 PM
What's a niggle?

A minor annoyance.

RevQuixo
04-05-2018, 01:32 PM
What's a niggle?

That's racist.

edit: I like how the article censored "piss" and "fucking" but left in "penis pump"

Syn
04-05-2018, 01:38 PM
That's racist.

edit: I like how the article censored "piss" and "fucking but left in "penis pump"

I laughed at that too.

Kid Panda
04-05-2018, 01:45 PM
I love how this giant steaming turd is considered picture worthy in that article. And who is Damien here? He obviously has an account to quote a post.

Jibbajaba
04-05-2018, 01:50 PM
I love how this giant steaming turd is considered picture worthy in that article. And who is Damien here? He obviously has an account to quote a post.

To be fair, it makes for a nice screenshot. I agree that there are plenty of better games to use in an article such as this, though.

Rot
04-05-2018, 02:12 PM

FIND him for me... That's all I have to say.... :NeedWarRoomLockGif:

xROTx

RAZO
04-05-2018, 02:15 PM
Why are people not using a Genny power supply. I use that shit on a bunch of my consoles. Do people not have one or are they unaware they could use one.

Rot
04-05-2018, 02:25 PM
OK... BEFORE you lads think that I'm insane or "flexing" because I can and it's some sort of God complex....

..Let me say... that I am personally NOT impressed with some of the behavour I see on the Terraonion threads...

Ever since Alex and his team decided to make products for dead systems... I said... i would look after them UPTO a certain point...

I said NG.com was what it is... you wanna play... you will be subject to what the mods and myself want the forums to be...

The mods here are OLD school.... and we are all cut from the same cloth...

...And so the incessant complaining... The constant "me me me" culture that has developed on other websites and platforms is NOT in keeping with what I want it to be...

You guys may feel that this is harsh and detrimental to the future... But i feel... it's the way it is going to be HERE...

The logout button is TOP RIGHT... HOWEVER... if you feel you cannot do that.... I have timed myself at 7 seconds for a War Room lock on any account...

Think on it...

xROTx

Yodd
04-05-2018, 02:47 PM
OK... BEFORE you lads think that I'm insane or "flexing" because I can and it's some sort of God complex....

..Let me say... that I am personally NOT impressed with some of the behavour I see on the Terraonion threads...

Ever since Alex and his team decided to make products for dead systems... I said... i would look after them UPTO a certain point...

I said NG.com was what it is... you wanna play... you will be subject to what the mods and myself want the forums to be...

The mods here are OLD school.... and we are all cut from the same cloth...

...And so the incessant complaining... The constant "me me me" culture that has developed on other websites and platforms is NOT in keeping with what I want it to be...

You guys may feel that this is harsh and detrimental to the future... But i feel... it's the way it is going to be HERE...

The logout button is TOP RIGHT... HOWEVER... if you feel you cannot do that.... I have timed myself at 7 seconds for a War Room lock on any account...

Think on it...

xROTx

Who in the world are you addressing?

:lolz:

Yodd
04-05-2018, 02:48 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/044/247/297.png

Rot
04-05-2018, 02:55 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/044/247/297.png

Yodd Pal..

IF you need to know who I'm talking too... it's the COUNTLESS new members I have activated (who made a beeline straight onto teh Terraonion forums.... I monitor them)... and oldtymer dumbasses... that lurk the Terraonion Forum...

You wanna know how I maintain control? Essentially... i tell people in a post.... that I am watching and won't tolerate anything that irritates me...

That's how you control a forum.... It usually is less work than actually War room locking people...

xROTx

fille1976
04-05-2018, 02:56 PM
Is this rgb shit still going on,omg,think i came here after a month to read something nice,still this old shit.
I think with this behaviour off some here alex could decide to make nothing anymore.
I own also rev1 with packapunch pro cable,but still waiting patiently when terraonion give the sign for the callback,is this so difficult to have some PATIENCE.
Its really like rot say,those childs wants there problem solved now,and its not only on this forum and this subject,also with cfw and hacking stuff.
Verry bad trend.

One100bill
04-05-2018, 03:50 PM
Don’t know if this applies to my set up because I’ll be using RGB scart with framemeister but I’ll flip the damn thing around later on today. I haven’t even opened it and received it on Monday. Thank you Terraonion for your hard work.

One100bill
04-05-2018, 04:23 PM
Well I flipped it and it works but I don’t know what I’m supposed be looking for. Oh well thanks again. I can post pictures later on. Just glad it works and I didn’t screw anything up. Ha ha!

Unmodded Supergrafx
Original Supergrafx Power Supply w/step down converter
Sandisk 32GB SD card (cheap)
Sega Genesis 2 JP21 cable, nothing fancy and not sure if it’s shielded, lol..

Rot
04-05-2018, 04:24 PM
The Terraonion forums are now closed to all guests... and non-registered or logged in users....

Wanna bitch about it?... PM me...

xROTx

PS. Don't fuckin' say I didn't warn you fucks...

Next job... is to start filtering the idiots out of my life... and I DEFO hold a grudge...

toaks
04-05-2018, 04:24 PM
Just got my SsdS3. Have only messed around with a few games, but so far I must say this thing is AWESOME! I have had zero issues so far. RGB looks amazing on the Framemiester and on my PVM. I don't know what games people are getting SD buzz, but so far, I haven't noticed any. Ill post the hardware I'm using to try to help others pinpoint their issues, but again, so far this thing is working great!! Thanks Alex and the entire Terraonion Team. I hope you continue to make amazing products for us!!

Unmodded Supergrafx
Original Supergrafx Power Supply
Sandisk Ultra 128GB SD card
Retrogamingcables.co.uk Mega Drive 2 CSYNC cable. (Not the PAKAPUNCH cable)

Dochartaigh
04-05-2018, 04:35 PM
Just got my tracking! They're well into February orders (think mine was the 10th). Should be to me by Monday!

Also, if anybody needs to change their shipping address, just call up DHL (or go to their website) and they'll change it for you (I know T.O. was/is too busy to switch addresses I think I read a bit ago) - wasn't going to be home for signature delivery so changed it to my work address (safer than leaving DHL a signed note).

Just ordered a Sandisk Ultra 128gb, Class 10 Micro SD card for $37 since I heard they don't like my Samsung EVO+'s.

greatfunky
04-05-2018, 04:50 PM
Just got my SsdS3. Have only messed around with a few games, but so far I must say this thing is AWESOME! I have had zero issues so far. RGB looks amazing on the Framemiester and on my PVM. I don't know what games people are getting SD buzz, but so far, I haven't noticed any. Ill post the hardware I'm using to try to help others pinpoint their issues, but again, so far this thing is working great!! Thanks Alex and the entire Terraonion Team. I hope you continue to make amazing products for us!!

Unmodded Supergrafx
Original Supergrafx Power Supply
Sandisk Ultra 128GB SD card
Retrogamingcables.co.uk Mega Drive 2 CSYNC cable. (Not the PAKAPUNCH cable)

More messages like this one are welcome.
when you are satisfied say it!

Aeana
04-05-2018, 05:08 PM
Just got my tracking! They're well into February orders (think mine was the 10th). Should be to me by Monday!

Also, if anybody needs to change their shipping address, just call up DHL (or go to their website) and they'll change it for you (I know T.O. was/is too busy to switch addresses I think I read a bit ago) - wasn't going to be home for signature delivery so changed it to my work address (safer than leaving DHL a signed note).

Just ordered a Sandisk Ultra 128gb, Class 10 Micro SD card for $37 since I heard they don't like my Samsung EVO+'s.

I'm glad to hear they're still going ahead with shipping, and it sounds like they're going fast. I wasn't sure what was going on after some of the earlier posts in the thread. Mine's a March order, so still a ways to wait, but I'm so excited.
Hopefully I'll be able to use DHL's "on demand delivery" to do a signature release like I normally do with DHL packages.

CZroe
04-05-2018, 05:25 PM
I used to use one of those SNES floppy drive things. When Everdrives came out, I was blown away. Didn't matter that some games didn't work..
Heck, some of those floppy units had better ROM support than the base Super Everdrive, like a fully-loaded Bung Professor SF7/Game Doctor 7 since it could use expansion chips loaded into the top and had more memory. It also had more functions (save states, slo-mo, ROM dumping, SRAM backup/restore, etc) and there was even an optional CD-ROM attachment.

Amazing machines. So glad we finally have something similar for TG/PCE CD-ROM² titles.

Dochartaigh
04-05-2018, 05:46 PM
Hopefully I'll be able to use DHL's "on demand delivery" to do a signature release like I normally do with DHL packages.
You can't, think they locked out that option. But you CAN leave a signed piece of paper saying something like "I give DHL permission to deliver package #XXXXXXXX" and sign it and they will leave it (don't know if you have to call them to let them know you're doing this beforehand or not - just know I couldn't pre-sign through their on demand website so I called them).

neosd
04-05-2018, 06:51 PM
I'm glad to hear they're still going ahead with shipping, and it sounds like they're going fast. I wasn't sure what was going on after some of the earlier posts in the thread. Mine's a March order, so still a ways to wait, but I'm so excited.

I been flipping the capacitors all day long on the current stock boards, all the boards shipped since today will have the C60 cap flipped.
This is the first batch shipped this week, as people have not let me work on shipments until today, with emails and other stuff.
On the following weeks we are going to keep shipping until we are up to date. And i hope much more batches.

Consider this week a wasted shipping week cause the C60 cap party, so there is another more week of delays on the shipment queue cause that, sum the extra time i will have to put on disasamble units, flipping caps and assembly units again.

I have been talking with Voultar today about the RGB noise some guys are reporting on the V2 board and others are not.
I think the V2 board is OK and the source of the RGB noise those few guys are reporting is on theyr setup (the console itself, the power supply, the video cable or who knows what) BUT to be sure i am not wrong, i decided to ship a V2 board to Voultar so he can examine it and give us all a conclusion.

In the meainwhile, and until Voultar give us all a conclusion, we are not going to discus with anyone else about the RGB.

The AUDIO noise isue is a fact and we are going to work on that next week. We think we can deliver a software solution cause we think to know the source of the issue and how to fix it by software. Until we deliver a solution, you guys can keep discussing about that, but we are not going to discuss with anyone else about that again.

I see Rot has put the forum in private mode and this is the reason i am posting here, even i said i would never post again. I think its a bad decision when there is nothing to hide and you try to hide this "nothing".
To me, it looks like the whole fact of putting the forum on private mode smells like there is a reason for that, this looks fishy to my eyes. I hope he puts it back until we have our own forum up.

Our own forum is coming, but i have decided to not write on forums anymore. I need to get my life back cause terrible things happened to myself this week.
I plan to find a way to keep working in what i like and love, while protecting my health and my family. No more forums for me, i don´t have energy or time for such things.

I always wanted everyone to be happy with our products as my main goal, this goes before making money or anything else.

I decided that what i wanted to do with my life was to create devices that i want for myself and no one produces. I been doing my best with the few resources we had, among the last 18 month. Some things i did better, others i did worst but i always tried to improve what it wasn´t perfect.
I have put much more than I should, I totally abandoned my life , wife and kids for this dream. This decision has already afected the ones i love, i never thought about them before putting myself on this situation and this says a lot (BAD) about me.

If there is anything on my hand to please our customers i will sure put my energy and resources on that, but i am not going to destroy my life or damage my famility doing that anymore, this has proven to be a mistake.

This whole thing (me answering everyone at any time) has proven to damage my health and my family so i have to quit forums and discussing with people.

I will keep doing my work, imagining products, finding people that helps becoming those a reality and producing.

I just wish us all the best luck, as at the end of the day we both want the same thing : the better possible products.

Alex,

pixeljunkie
04-05-2018, 07:03 PM
You guys are amazing. Worry about you first

I was playing tonight and when I turned my setup up loud I can hear the buzz people are talking about.

I took a can of compressed air to the EXT BUS of my system, the cable and the SSDS3 - rehooked everything and got ZERO noise. So, People should start there with their setups if the audio noise is bothering them.

These systems are old and probably dirty. I think all the contacts on the EXT BUS need to be as clean as possible.

Neo NooNaN
04-05-2018, 07:04 PM
You can't, think they locked out that option. But you CAN leave a signed piece of paper saying something like "I give DHL permission to deliver package #XXXXXXXX" and sign it and they will leave it (don't know if you have to call them to let them know you're doing this beforehand or not - just know I couldn't pre-sign through their on demand website so I called them).

I was able to use On-Demand for this delivery. Gave them instruction where to leave it with sig release. All good. Think you have to register for an account though.

MobiusStripTech
04-05-2018, 07:04 PM
Thank you Alex for a well written and informative post. This is just what I and I am sure many others wanted to hear from you. Please do focus on your own well being and continuing to work on quality products going forward.

Best of luck on getting everything sorted and the future.

Loukey
04-05-2018, 07:24 PM
We appreciate the thorough update Alex, but if things are going on in your personal life, please give that priority. As serious as we may get about RGB or audio fidelity or whatnot, at the end of the day these are just video games and there are definitely more important things. Take care of yourself! :)

Kid Panda
04-05-2018, 07:26 PM
All these people acting like a system made in 1987 is perfect for hifi :lolz: keep complaining while I play games.

Dochartaigh
04-05-2018, 07:30 PM
I was able to use On-Demand for this delivery. Gave them instruction where to leave it with sig release. All good. Think you have to register for an account though.

Weird. Totally grayed out for me. Don't have an account though. Glad yours is all set.

And Alex, keep doing what you have to do. It's all about the work life balance!

toaks
04-05-2018, 07:33 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to Alex and his team for giving us these amazing products. You all are doing great things for the retro community and we are lucky to have you. Please take this time to take care of yourself and your family. You and your family should always be the number one priority. I completely understand you stepping away from the forums. You will be missed though. I really enjoyed reading your posts as you could clearly see the passion you have for these projects. Just know, in the end, we all want the same thing. I hope you will keep producing these great devices, and continue to support the older ones until they are perfect. Anyway I wish you well, and thanks again for all you have given us.

SavagePencil
04-05-2018, 07:48 PM
You guys are amazing. Worry about you first

I was playing tonight and when I turned my setup up loud I can hear the buzz people are talking about.

I took a can of compressed air to the EXT BUS of my system, the cable and the SSDS3 - rehooked everything and got ZERO noise. So, People should start there with their setups if the audio noise is bothering them.

These systems are old and probably dirty. I think all the contacts on the EXT BUS need to be as clean as possible.

I’ll give this a shot, but given that all CD audio is being generated inside the box and not going back to the main bus, I don’t see how this would improve it.

toaks
04-05-2018, 07:58 PM
I’ll give this a shot, but given that all CD audio is being generated inside the box and not going back to the main bus, I don’t see how this would improve it.

Why even bother with it at the moment? Alex said they will be working on a software update next week, so nothing you do will likely fix it without the update. I'd just wait until they release the fix, then if you are still having issues, try and figure it out then.

pixeljunkie
04-05-2018, 08:10 PM

I would do it. I noticed a massive difference. I didn't program the FPGA so I am not sure how it handles mixing of "CD" audio and hardware generated audio.

Aeana
04-05-2018, 08:16 PM
I been flipping the capacitors all day long on the current stock boards, all the boards shipped since today will have the C60 cap flipped.
This is the first batch shipped this week, as people have not let me work on shipments until today, with emails and other stuff.
On the following weeks we are going to keep shipping until we are up to date. And i hope much more batches.

Consider this week a wasted shipping week cause the C60 cap party, so there is another more week of delays on the shipment queue cause that, sum the extra time i will have to put on disasamble units, flipping caps and assembly units again.

I have been talking with Voultar today about the RGB noise some guys are reporting on the V2 board and others are not.
I think the V2 board is OK and the source of the RGB noise those few guys are reporting is on theyr setup (the console itself, the power supply, the video cable or who knows what) BUT to be sure i am not wrong, i decided to ship a V2 board to Voultar so he can examine it and give us all a conclusion.

In the meainwhile, and until Voultar give us all a conclusion, we are not going to discus with anyone else about the RGB.

The AUDIO noise isue is a fact and we are going to work on that next week. We think we can deliver a software solution cause we think to know the source of the issue and how to fix it by software. Until we deliver a solution, you guys can keep discussing about that, but we are not going to discuss with anyone else about that again.

I see Rot has put the forum in private mode and this is the reason i am posting here, even i said i would never post again. I think its a bad decision when there is nothing to hide and you try to hide this "nothing".
To me, it looks like the whole fact of putting the forum on private mode smells like there is a reason for that, this looks fishy to my eyes. I hope he puts it back until we have our own forum up.

Our own forum is coming, but i have decided to not write on forums anymore. I need to get my life back cause terrible things happened to myself this week.
I plan to find a way to keep working in what i like and love, while protecting my health and my family. No more forums for me, i don´t have energy or time for such things.

I always wanted everyone to be happy with our products as my main goal, this goes before making money or anything else.

I decided that what i wanted to do with my life was to create devices that i want for myself and no one produces. I been doing my best with the few resources we had, among the last 18 month. Some things i did better, others i did worst but i always tried to improve what it wasn´t perfect.
I have put much more than I should, I totally abandoned my life , wife and kids for this dream. This decision has already afected the ones i love, i never thought about them before putting myself on this situation and this says a lot (BAD) about me.

If there is anything on my hand to please our customers i will sure put my energy and resources on that, but i am not going to destroy my life or damage my famility doing that anymore, this has proven to be a mistake.

This whole thing (me answering everyone at any time) has proven to damage my health and my family so i have to quit forums and discussing with people.

I will keep doing my work, imagining products, finding people that helps becoming those a reality and producing.

I just wish us all the best luck, as at the end of the day we both want the same thing : the better possible products.

Alex,

Thank you for the update. And especially thank you for taking the extra time to flip the capacitor even though it sounds like it wasn't such a big cause for concern.
Based on everything you've said, I think it is absolutely the right decision to leave forums for a while. I hope you manage to find a good work/life balance and continue to pursue projects you're passionate about! I'm only just learning about Terraonion, but the Super SD System 3 is a very valuable product to me. Nobody else was going to produce something like this, and thanks to you I'll have even more longevity in my PC Engine's life.

AlxUnderBase
04-05-2018, 08:44 PM
Will be fine in the and , and guys , this is an awesome product ! I'm very happy to keep my SSS3 in hands ! Count on my support !

F4U57
04-05-2018, 10:13 PM
Thanks for the words Alex.

A wise man once said that everyone needs to "Unplug" from the forums now and then.

Look after yourself and those that matter. We look forward to what you and TO produce in the future!

monads
04-05-2018, 10:30 PM
Yes, thanks for the details Voultar!! I'll just reverse C60 and put to rest!! I am using the composite video output.

Successfully flipped C60!! I can't tell any in-game differences from previously though, but glad I did anyway. Note for others if you're going to DIY make sure you have a hot air gun handy because I didn't have much luck using a desoldering or regular solder iron to pry loose. Plus the hot air gun made it even easier to re-solder after repositioning!!

Terraonion/Alex, the SD System 3 is probably retro gaming device of 2018!!! Please don't let the few from discouraging your awesome work!!!

Nostromo
04-06-2018, 12:42 AM
About to get a Super SD System 3. Is it worth going all the way and purchase a packapunch cable?

takeshi385
04-06-2018, 01:29 AM
https://image.ibb.co/kEQdZx/IMG1.jpg

HATE ME. Admittedly, I stole someone's idea for the power led vents. Just got done. New caps, retro bright and jailbar fix.

toaks
04-06-2018, 01:37 AM
https://image.ibb.co/kEQdZx/IMG1.jpg

HATE ME. Admittedly, I stole someone's idea for the power led vents. Just got done. New caps, retro bright and jailbar fix.

That looks awesome!! Also I really need a set of those Hori controllers.

F4U57
04-06-2018, 02:47 AM
HORI Fighting Commander or Avenue Pad 6?

GadgetUK
04-06-2018, 02:50 AM

Alex,

All I can say is - don't get stressed, it's all really minor stuff imho. V2 is fine, cap issue is kind of a none issue imo. If anyone wants their cap on a shipped v2 board swapping around there are plenty of places and people that can do it really quickly and easily. Regardless of whether v1, or v2 board this IS an amazing product! The fact there is so very little wrong with this product is a miracle in its own right too! How many small companies can produce something to this very high level in such a short period of time - not many at all! One piece of advice I would give you is don't take things personally - you need a PR person at some point, someone to isolate you guys from the moaning public, and someone who isn't emotionally invested in the technical aspects of the product. With that in place you would be able to better focus on what you need to do without feeling the negative energy that people can fire at you.

Involving Voultar is a very good idea - he's certainly a smart guy, I wish I had 1% of his confidence level lol, but that can make some of what he says seem arrogant, but his input is invaluable imo. Not everything you hear as a negative is really a negative! We live in a world where people seem to pick up on the most insanely small detail! I still cannot believe someone spotted that cap lol, makes me wonder what people do in the evenings - sit down inspecting PCBs to make sure everything is the right way around lol. Crazy, but that's the world we live in. At the end of the day your product gets better and better because of these things - NOT worse.

Most importantly, don't stress, enjoy and make time for your families and just chill. Everything is good here, all positive moving forward.

oliverclaude
04-06-2018, 04:00 AM

I could't get along with the layout of the HFC, the buttons are too far apart. The AP6, though not perfect, is a better choice. Perfect = XE1 HE Pro, even for the most die-hard pad users. Never missed the other four buttons on the PCE.

Kid Panda
04-06-2018, 04:24 AM
I could't get along with the layout of the HFC, the buttons are too far apart. The AP6, though not perfect, is a better choice. Perfect = XE1 HE Pro, even for the most die-hard pad users. Never missed the other four buttons on the PCE.

I'm not a fan of the XE-1, Too small for my panda paws. I know some people swear by it, but I just made a stick using a pad hack, (no destructive of course), Plus I get to choose what kind of stick I want to use.

zbr
04-06-2018, 04:27 AM
Finally had some time to play with my SSD3. It actually shipped last week and got delivered faster than I thought!

Playing with it on an older consumer-grade CRT setup, I mainly use the composite video. There was no noticeable blemish on the video; if anything, the video was noticeably really good for a composite signal. Had it not been mentioned here, I would've had no way to notice the reversed cap issue, but since it seems to be confirmed, I'll try DIY fixing it.
Sadly, on my own PCE, it seems that there is a problem with the right-channel pin on the ext bus, so I'll postpone the playing a bit till I get another console or manage to fix this one.

Overall, great and impressive project! Thank you very much.

toaks
04-06-2018, 07:42 AM

I need 1 more Avenue Pad 6, but I'd like to try the Fighting Commander.

One100bill
04-06-2018, 08:47 AM
I need 1 more Avenue Pad 6, but I'd like to try the Fighting Commander.

Hori Fighting Stick PC. I love it but only have one.

SavagePencil
04-06-2018, 09:17 AM
Hori Fighting Stick PC. I love it but only have one.

I tend to use the XE-1, but the Hori Fighting Stick is nice as it can plug into the SNES and Genesis, too.

F4U57
04-06-2018, 09:18 AM

I like the look of the HORI Fighting Commander but have the Avenue Pad 6. It’s a little big but it’s great for SF2.

When it comes to sticks, the HORI Fighting Stick Multi for me. Micomsoft’s sticks look great though!

One100bill
04-06-2018, 09:29 AM
I tend to use the XE-1, but the Hori Fighting Stick is nice as it can plug into the SNES and Genesis, too.
Whaaat? How? Mine only has the PC Engine plug....How? Thanks

F4U57
04-06-2018, 09:39 AM
Whaaat? How? Mine only has the PC Engine plug....How? Thanks

The stick comes with detachable cables for the three consoles.

Neo NooNaN
04-06-2018, 10:09 AM
The stick comes with detachable cables for the three consoles.

That's only the Multi though, correct? The Fighting Stick PC I believe is hard-wired.

The Multi is crazy pricey.

SavagePencil
04-06-2018, 10:28 AM
That's only the Multi though, correct? The Fighting Stick PC I believe is hard-wired.

I bought a Multi that was missing its Genesis cable and then just used a SNES -> Genesis converter. It made it much more affordable.

zbr
04-06-2018, 12:28 PM
Sadly, on my own PCE, it seems that there is a problem with the right-channel pin on the ext bus

Thinking about it, if the lack of right-channel audio was a problem with the console itself, it shouldn't be happening with PCE CD games, right? Since CD music (and in-menu sound effects?) are handled by the SSD3 and not the console. I'll test with another AV cable and see if it was a problem with that.

ghostofconny
04-06-2018, 12:57 PM
I got my SSDS3 today and after having used it throughout the day I can only say that this device is stunning. I have what I guess some would describe as a high-end setup and I have had no issues besides the minor audio buzz that TO has already confirmed they will work on through a software update. This audio buzz is only apparent in the background if I crank up the volume. I use a Coregrafx with a jailbar fix and the image quality through both my OSSC and my Framemeister is excellent. Only if I turn of the LPF on the OSSC I can see some video noise but that is just like for just about any retro console. I find it hard to understand people who seem to compare retro consoles to modern consoles in terms of audio/video noise, and then acting like leaking assholes behind their keyboards on various forums instead of actually trying to understand what might cause such noise in their own setup.

If anyone is interested my setup consist of:
- Rev 2 SSDS3, with the C60 cap flipped
- Official Coregrafx power supply
- Sandisk Ultra 32GB SD card
- Coregrafx with jailbar fix
- PACKAPUNCH CSYNC RGB cable from RGC
- Hydra SCART switch (along with a high-end SCART cable from the switch to the OSSC)
- OSSC (also tried it with my Framemeister without issues)
- LG B7 OLED TV

Thanks to Alex and everyone in the Terraonion team for all your efforts you put into creating and supporting this device, as well as the NeoSD! And also most important, take care of yourself Alex! Health, family and friends is what is most important.

sheik
04-06-2018, 01:19 PM
I’m in the UK, ordered in February and DHL said they’d deliver today. This morning I got a text saying my name is on a “Denied Party” list so they’ve blocked it. Sent a scan of my passport in by 10am, got unblocked and they said they’d still deliver today. But it’s 7pm now so I think I’m bang out of luck.
Was all looking forwards to doing my first cap flip too ;).

More info about the Denied Party list: http://www.dhl.co.uk/en/important_information/080217.html

Edit: I’m hoping to use mine on a SuperGrafx I bought at the same time as my SSSD3 order. I don’t even know if it works yet as I can’t easily hook it up without the RGB. I suspect the third party PSU I’ve bought won’t be good enough. I’ll just be relieved to get a picture to be honest!

Rot
04-06-2018, 01:21 PM
I’m in the UK, ordered in February and DHL said they’d deliver today. This morning I got a text saying my name is on a “Denied Party” list so they’ve blocked it. Sent a scan of my passport in by 10am, got unblocked and they said they’d still deliver today. But it’s 7pm now so I think I’m bang out of luck.
Was all looking forwards to doing my first cap flip too ;).

More info about the Denied Party list: http://www.dhl.co.uk/en/important_information/080217.html

I suppose it'll arrive....

Thanks for the info... let's not stress out Alex as really... it's not his fault...

xROTx

PS. Next...

EDIT. Oh yes... I am the ultimate mod... I read shit...

Rave
04-06-2018, 02:06 PM
Hi All,

Just wanted to say a big thank you to Terraonion team.

The SSDS3 is a truly amazing product, and I am very happy with it, works perfectly with my HDTV and OSSC (no fiddling needed!)

Keep up the stirling work guys, you rock!

Ordered 31/1/18
Despatched 5/4/18
Received 6/4/18

sheik
04-06-2018, 03:17 PM
I suppose it'll arrive....

Thanks for the info... let's not stress out Alex as really... it's not his fault...

Absolutely, I expect it will turn up on Monday.
I’m excited to play some PC Engine games for the first time. Have been following the saga since the Rev 1 drama and wish Terraonion all the best. This is just a hobby for all of us, and none of the stress should get in the way of people’s family life.

What I’m hoping is that they can avoid writing off all those Rev 1 boards once Voultar’s fix is out in the wild. That would presumably help their bottom line.

Once mine arrives and hopefully works with my untested SuperGrafx I will post some enthusiastic thanks - like I did for my NeoSD!

GAINAX
04-06-2018, 08:45 PM
Does flipping the cap actually improve the RGB video signal, or just composite?

RevQuixo
04-06-2018, 10:18 PM
Does flipping the cap actually improve the RGB video signal, or just composite?

The cap is on the composite video line so it would only maybe effect rgb if you are using a composite video as sync cable or HD Retrovision component cables. A CSYNC RGB cable would not be effected one way or the other.

GadgetUK
04-07-2018, 03:56 AM
Flipping the cap makes no noticeable difference for me. I will test with the scope later, there must be a measurable difference I would think but it doesnt appear to translate to anything visual.

oliverclaude
04-07-2018, 04:21 AM
...I just made a stick using a pad hack, (no destructive of course), Plus I get to choose what kind of stick I want to use.

That's even better.

When it comes to sticks, the HORI Fighting Stick Multi for me. Micomsoft’s sticks look great though!

Yeah, the Multi is one of a kind. I use mine mostly for the MD, though.

One100bill
04-07-2018, 08:42 AM

I’ve seen the multi before. The build quality (plastic) leaves a lot to be desired though. Wish it had the build quality of the hard-wired stick. That was a huge factor when I bought mine. Luckily I built my own Genesis stick.

Gummy Bear
04-07-2018, 02:49 PM
Re: cleaning the EXT connector.
I cleaned mine with pure IPA and a toothbrush.

Hold your PCE over a sink, connector facing downward.
Dip your toothbrush in the IPA (make sure it's pure, not watery) and scrub a dub dub.

Connectors come up gleaming after that.

opt2not
04-08-2018, 01:16 AM
Absolutely loving my SSDS3!
My audio issues seem to be different than what people have posted so far. For me, the audio works great at the start of playing, nice and clear in both speakers with only a little bit of noise which is expected out of an analog audio circuit (my SNES jr. gives me way more audio noise than this).
BUT after about 5 minutes of playing, the left speaker's audio starts to degrade, gets "scratchy", then eventually cuts out entirely giving me only mono sound out of the right speaker.
I haven't tried to debug it yet, other than checking the connections of my PACKAPUNCH (don't know why I'm yelling this) cable, or testing another device going through my OSSC. My PACKAPUNCH cable is new, as of the March batch of this year, but I should probably see if I was sent a faulty one. Could this be a sign of my Coregrafx's audio circuit failing? Has anyone else had this particular issue as well? Seems like there is a faulty component somewhere in the chain, but I'm not sure where to start looking other than the cable it's hooked up to.

Sounds to me like your CoreGrafx needs a recap - especially since the behavior changes over time. Does the audio channel get scratchy and cut out when playing an original HuCard?

Yeah it happens to any game, HuCard or CD after 5 minutes. I'll verify this still happens using the stock composite cable, coming straight out of the Coregrafx rather than the SSDS3. If it still persists, I'll go ahead with a cap kit...this console probably needs one anyway.

Just wanted to report that I've recapped my Coregrafx and the audio issue I'm having is still there. I'm going to look at the audio circuit and see if there's a faulty amp or something.

Gummy Bear
04-08-2018, 02:46 AM
It sounds to me like something is losing contact as your console warms up.
Maybe try reflowing the joints on the audio amp?
I bet there's a dry joint somewhere.

jamon1567
04-08-2018, 12:40 PM
Noticed a few folks here having issues with their Supergrafx and I'm happy to report that everything seems to be working fine for me, with no audio buzzing. System was just recapped and am using packapunch csync cables. Very happy with the purchase, thanks TO.

Edit: I wanted to add the power supply I'm using for my Supergrafx in case anyone having issues might be in the market for a new one. I bought it from Amazon (looking at it now, it's out of stock unfortunately....) and the link is below. I also needed to buy a specific plug adapter for it that it didn't come with, which I've also pasted a link to below.

Power Supply: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FSCKPEU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Adapter: https://console5.com/store/2-pin-dc-plug-adapter-for-turbo-duo-pc-engine-duo-super-cdrom2.html

acem77
04-08-2018, 01:19 PM
are there any plans to include trainer or cheat support?
This would be great. The only device that allows this on real hardware is tototeks PCE pro flash cart. Flashing the card with a patched system card would even allow cheats on cd rom games.
I have uploaded some codes i created on their forum way back in the day.

Gummy Bear
04-09-2018, 08:35 AM
Savestates would be epic too, if possible.

Seren
04-09-2018, 08:37 AM
Well, thought i'd post my setup and findings.

Rev 2 SSSD3 (Cap C60 has not been reversed)
PVM 14M4E
RGC MD2 Packapunch
Stock PCE Core Grafx II (no RGB mods or recap)
Stock original PSU
128Gb Sandisk MicroSD (Exfat formatted)
Redump + Darkwater CD rips/Smokemonster Turbo Everdrive V4.2 rom pack.

Everything i have tested so far has been perfect and working great (CD and PCE rom dumps), as I have not witnessed all this talk about noise and whatever.

Games like Valis II did not show any noise on the green border that was mentioned elsewhere nor did Bonk III (only slight minor jailbars) but that is normal and nothing to do with the SSSD3.

The only issues that i did encounter were IGR, which is to be expected until further improvements can be made.

420neogeo
04-09-2018, 02:58 PM
this might be kind of a random question but has any one else in Canada had difficulty with UPS re brokerage/clearing customs etc? It seems they were confused somehow by the item being delivered to my law firm even though it was addressed to me personally? I received like 8 emails about it in 48 hours where they kept saying that they'd made a mistake re customs but had corrected it. I order things online frequently and have never had any issues like this. Plus these motherfu**ers want to charge me $60 for taxes and brokerage fees. I blame Trudeau.

SmaMan
04-09-2018, 03:10 PM
Woohoo! Mine has arrived! I haven't had a chance to hook it up yet to see if any audio issues or whatnot abound, but I have a good feeling it'll be alright. Mine even seems to have shipped just after Alex had been flipping the caps, so I shouldn't have a problem using my HDretrovision cable.

Ordered mine on Feburary 20th, btw.

Black_Tiger
04-09-2018, 04:16 PM
this might be kind of a random question but has any one else in Canada had difficulty with UPS re brokerage/clearing customs etc? It seems they were confused somehow by the item being delivered to my law firm even though it was addressed to me personally? I received like 8 emails about it in 48 hours where they kept saying that they'd made a mistake re customs but had corrected it. I order things online frequently and have never had any issues like this. Plus these motherfu**ers want to charge me $60 for taxes and brokerage fees. I blame Trudeau.

Once my package entered Canada I went on to UPS' site and arranged for it to be left on my doorstep and paid the fees in advance.

I first got screwed over by UPS in 1997, when they charged $35 to collect $3 in "customs charges" for an item value at $12. It's nothing new, just their business model.

trenton_net
04-09-2018, 04:28 PM
Once my package entered Canada I went on to UPS' site and arranged for it to be left on my doorstep and paid the fees in advance.

I first got screwed over by UPS in 1997, when they charged $35 to collect $3 in "customs charges" for an item value at $12. It's nothing new, just their business model.

I got hit by customs as well! I'm looking at $60 extra when it finally arrives (>_<)!

SmaMan
04-09-2018, 05:16 PM
I've had problems with them even here in the states. I had ordered an ugly sweater for a party. No international shipment or anything. I was expecting the plain ol' U.S. Postal Service to just drop it off at my apartment.

However, I got home to find a UPS notice at the door instead, saying I needed to arrange some kind of re shipment with them, pay a fee, or have my item returned to sender. I was heading out of town for the next week or so this was really putting me in a pickle for something I hadn't asked for in the first place. After calling their customer support I learned that they wanted to be "helpful" and take on some of the USPS' shipments during this busy holiday season... yeah.

After arguing with them that I shouldn't have to pay for a service I hadn't agreed to or asked for in the first place, I finally got them to agree to just leave it with my neighbor. Of course, that meant I wouldn't get to use this Holiday-themed item for a whole 'nother year... bastards.

elevengames
04-09-2018, 06:54 PM
Ordered: 2/13
Shipped: 4/6
Arrived: 4/9 (Today)

TerraOnion team: Thank you so much for making such an incredible product. It's fantastic!

ceedub
04-09-2018, 10:06 PM
Ordered on 2/8, shipped UPS on Friday and got it today! Thanks to everyone involved!

Loukey
04-09-2018, 10:12 PM
So jealous of you guys. They shipped mine on the 20th and USPS has no tracking available yet.

SmaMan
04-10-2018, 08:02 AM
I’m happy to report that mine works just fine! I flipped through a dozen games last night and they all pretty much work as intended. It’s seriously impressive to have these PCECD games load up almost instantly, compared to the long load times on my Duo.

As far as noises were concerned, I heard a slight hum while the SD card is being accessed, but I had to be listening for it, and I only really noticed it when no other sound was happening. This kind of stuff never really bothers me in the first place. (I own Neo Geo CD for crying out loud.)

If there was one improvement I could suggest, (and it’s probably something you plan to work on in due time) the back to menu trigger is a bit fiddly at times. I get that it doesn’t work with all games, but even in the games that do, it tends to vary how long you need to press SELECT + RUN. Sometimes it goes in 3 seconds. Sometimes it goes instantly. And sometimes it doesn’t go at all, and I need to press them again to get it to finally go back. But no matter. I can get my ass up and power cycle the thing.

Other than that, it’s a stellar piece of hardware! I’ve already recommended it to a couple of people in my retro gaming/modding groups. Well done, Alex! I know it’s been a tough road to get here, but you saw it through. Congrats!

420neogeo
04-10-2018, 02:01 PM
I'm sitting in my office, patiently waiting for my super sd system 3 to arrive. It's supposed to come today. Did you have to buy yourself the genesis 2 cable or can it just use my stock turbo grafx 16 video output cable? I guess what I'm really asking is do I have to hit some retro game stores on my way home from work when I inevitably depart the office early because I've waited for months for this thing and I can't wait a second longer.

SavagePencil
04-10-2018, 03:30 PM
I'm sitting in my office, patiently waiting for my super sd system 3 to arrive. It's supposed to come today. Did you have to buy yourself the genesis 2 cable or can it just use my stock turbo grafx 16 video output cable? I guess what I'm really asking is do I have to hit some retro game stores on my way home from work when I inevitably depart the office early because I've waited for months for this thing and I can't wait a second longer.

*Video* will work fine out of the normal TG16 output port, as will HuCard audio. CD Audio *must* come out of the Genesis 2 port on the SSDS3.

d125c
04-10-2018, 09:01 PM
Thanks to Alex and Terraonion team for giving us this amazing product.

Ordered: 10Feb
Arrived: 9Apr

SSSD3 Rev 2 w/ reversed Cap C60
HDretrovision Genesis YPbPr Component Cable
PCE Core Grafx I w/ Original PSU 110v (Japan, no mods or no recap)
Sony 46Z5500
Sandisk MicroSD
Turbo Everdrive V4.2 rom pack + cue/iso

RGB looks amazing on my Sony TV. Tested so far has been perfect (CD and PCE rom dumps), I have had zero issues so far.

Kid Panda
04-10-2018, 09:30 PM
I have a SSDS3 Rev 1 w/no reversed cap
Stock Mega Drive 2 rev 4 Stereo audio cables picked up from the local flea market
PCE Coregrafx I with original silkscreen on the top and original 100v PSU, (I noticed alot of people are using the 110v adapter which may burn out your system faster), original controller that has never been used outside of being taken out to take pictures of
PCE Core Grafx I box with original foam inserts and baggies. Sadly the twist ties are aftermarket
Sony PVM 2530 with original box and manual. Also has original remote
Sandisk Ultra 64 GB microSD with Sandisk SD adapter
SSDS3 Iso pack with good bin/cue files

I haven't even hooked it up yet, I just like looking at the setup on my memaw table, Hopefully I can borrow her flip phone so I can take some pictures to post so everyone can tell me how cool I am.

Dochartaigh
04-10-2018, 09:42 PM
Been messing around with mine for about a half hour so far. Took out my flip phone ;) and loaded up Valis 2 people talk about seeing diagonal lines on and tried Bonk's blue sky too, and on my BVM-D20 it looks nice and purdy at first glance (don't mind the regular weirdness you get from taking pics of a CRT):

https://i.imgur.com/zponU6v.jpg?1
https://i.imgur.com/tZswtpj.jpg?1

Audio BUZZ is definitely there though. Like without any doubt whatsoever. I tested the same Genesis 2 cable on my buddies Genesis 2 and the audio is perfect (as are all my other systems). Using high quality upgraded coax cable with Phoenix connectors from Retro-Access. Hoping the firmware update fixes the audio (or DIY is fine too).

Don't have my OSSC hooked up right now to test on the flatscreen.

ChuChu Flamingo
04-10-2018, 09:56 PM
Been messing around with mine for about a half hour so far. Took out my flip phone ;) and loaded up Valis 2 people talk about seeing diagonal lines on and tried Bonk's blue sky too, and on my BVM-D20 it looks nice and purdy at first glance (don't mind the regular weirdness you get from taking pics of a CRT):

https://i.imgur.com/zponU6v.jpg?1
https://i.imgur.com/tZswtpj.jpg?1

Audio BUZZ is definitely there though. Like without any doubt whatsoever. I tested the same Genesis 2 cable on my buddies Genesis 2 and the audio is perfect (as are all my other systems). Using high quality upgraded coax cable with Phoenix connectors from Retro-Access. Hoping the firmware update fixes the audio (or DIY is fine too).

Now lets us see it closer, ENHANCE!

Dochartaigh
04-10-2018, 10:15 PM
Now lets us see it closer, ENHANCE!

I mean...if this is what gets you off, more power to you man...but that's just kinda weird...

https://imgur.com/usl74PR

F4U57
04-10-2018, 10:52 PM
I mean...if this is what gets you off, more power to you man...but that's just kinda weird...

https://imgur.com/usl74PR

Closeups aren’t weird dude. Are you even ALIVE?!

OopsAllBerrys
04-11-2018, 07:57 AM
Finally got around to testing and so far I have zero issues with my SuperGrafx (with original 100v PSU). Just loaded up Valis 2 and Bonk and could not hear any audio issues. Using a Genesis 2 C-SYNC coax cable from retro-access to a gscartsw 3.4 with 3.5mm audio going to a pair of bookshelf speakers.

fernan1234
04-11-2018, 09:59 AM
Does anyone have any info on how long shipping is taking for orders placed in the last few days? The SSDS3 shows as In Stock when you put it in your cart so I assumed they would ship quickly. I placed an order last week but haven't seen any shipping update though.

Seren
04-11-2018, 10:55 AM
^^Read the thread:rolleyes:

TKP
04-11-2018, 11:42 AM
I just received my order! (Placed: 02/15/2018) I will test it out with a C-Sync cable (eBay: thefoo.83), a Radio Shack ac adapter (that solved audio/video noise issues I had on Super Famicom) and my OSSC. Let me know if there's any titles or anything else anyone would like me to test on this setup.

fernan1234
04-11-2018, 12:45 PM
^^Read the thread:rolleyes:

I did read the thread. I've seen posts by folks just receiving their units after ordering months earlier, and I also saw that some units a couple of weeks ago were being delayed to reverse a cap. What I don't know is if such delays continue to be an issue or not. That's why I asked if anyone has current info.

Yodd
04-11-2018, 12:59 PM
I did read the thread. I've seen posts by folks just receiving their units after ordering months earlier, and I also saw that some units a couple of weeks ago were being delayed to reverse a cap. What I don't know is if such delays continue to be an issue or not. That's why I asked if anyone has current info.

If you order one today, expect 6 to 8 weeks before it ships as they are still fulfilling previous orders.

fernan1234
04-11-2018, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the helpful reply. Too bad it's kind of a long wait still, but worth it for what really seems to be a great product with small flaws.

Rot
04-11-2018, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the helpful reply. Too bad it's kind of a long wait still, but worth it for what really seems to be a great product with small flaws.

Long wait pal?

Try ordering Kraut Buster from NG.dev... 3 YEARS... and counting...

You are ordering a cool device for a DEAD system....

Just sayin' my man...

xROTx

SmaMan
04-11-2018, 02:27 PM
It's a risk you have to take with independent hardware manufacturers.

It's going on one year now for Paprium from Watermelon Corp...

Rot
04-11-2018, 02:29 PM
It's a risk you have to take with independent hardware manufacturers.

It's going on one year now for Paparium from Watermelon Corp...

I APPRECIATE THAT MAN...

I am sayin'... a 4-8 week postage time aint gonna fuckin' kill you....

So unless you have something more substantial to say... keep out of my way...

xROTx

Loukey
04-11-2018, 02:53 PM
Does anyone have any info on how long shipping is taking for orders placed in the last few days? The SSDS3 shows as In Stock when you put it in your cart so I assumed they would ship quickly. I placed an order last week but haven't seen any shipping update though.

Ordered mine on 12/12/17. Still awaiting receipt. Don’t complain about a week or two.

AirZonk
04-11-2018, 02:59 PM
I ordered mine in February and just got it yesterday. Terraonion upgraded the shipping for me which was very nice of them. Unfortunately I won't get a chance to try it out until the weekend.

Syn
04-11-2018, 03:05 PM
The move from Rev 1 boards to Rev 2 added time. Switching the capacitor added time.

There's people in line ahead of you, added time.

Weeks worth of unexpected time has unfortunately been added.

That's a cliff's notes so if you want more information, omg, you'll have to read the thread.

TKP
04-11-2018, 03:10 PM
I ordered mine in February and just got it yesterday. Terraonion upgraded the shipping for me which was very nice of them. Unfortunately I won't get a chance to try it out until the weekend.

I forgot to mention, he upgraded mine too! Very nice indeed!

jcoelho
04-11-2018, 03:59 PM
The SSDS3 is a thing of beauty, I'm really, really enjoying it. The video quality is great even on composite video! I've been having some troubles at finding a proper romset though, not enough seeds for the ones I found and some of them claim to be "complete" even though they're far from there :o/

jcoelho
04-11-2018, 04:08 PM
Hi Black_Tiger,

Is there any chance for you to share that "complete" set? Probably a PM? I've struggled to find one.

Thanks.

I finished unzipping and converting a "complete" set of Turbo/PCE isos. Often a Japanese version is not included if there is an English version of a game. Some demos are included. It seems to be as complete as can be expected for commercial releases, except Daisenryaku II is missing. It currently totals 438 discs and takes up 174GB. So a 256GB sd card has plenty of room for published homebrew, hacks and translations.

Opening the folder of CD games in the SSS3 menu takes 13 seconds and then navigating through them is as fast as folders of any format or size. My HuCard rom folder has 768 files, is 218MB in size and takes a split second to open. It includes translations, sound roms, hes files and misc demos.

Traditional sound roms don't usually work with the SSS3, but some do. Sound roms made by Deflemask that I've tried have not worked. Hes files don't show up in the list. Tom's adpcm example roms, which are decoded by the PC Engine's cpu and not the IFU chip, play fine. So for now, the Turbo Everdrive is still relevant for its ability to play chiptune rips. But it's still much easier to navigate through HuCard roms on the SSS3.

I'd resisted stretching out my SSS3 by trying it on my unmodified TG-16 until today. After spending a lot of time using it with my white PC Engine, I noticed a lot more static/lines/misc across picture when a CD game was loading or certain processes were happening during games of any kind. During typical gameplay segments though, there was only the minimal jailbars I described before. This PC Engine has an RGB mod which produces a picture as perfect as I've seen with various video mods performed by various people. It also has a region switch mod.

When I tried the SS3 with my unmodified TurboGrafx-16 (and SMS psu), I found none of those picture issues during processes and the in-game jailbars are pretty much invisible while the screen is moving. Knowing exactly what a stronger version of them looks like makes them more apparent to me, but they're still difficult to pick out at first, even when a game is paused.

This is why I wanted to report imperfections with a disclaimer about the setups I was trying. Many people take recommended settings as an "excuse" for problems with a product. I've already narrowed down not only a range of issues from using a cheap power supply and possibly unoptimal RGB cable, but it now seems that a jailbar fix, RGB or region switch mods are also the cause of picture quality degradation.

I'm probably going to go back to my original plan of getting an umodified CoreGrafx with stock power supply to use withe SSS3 and a Packapunch MD2 cable without audio breakout. I'll just use a TED with my modded SuperGrafx when I feel like playing SGX games.

Thanks a lot. SMS and model 1 Genesis ac adaptors have always been very hard to find locally and all of my official SMS and Mark III psus cut out when the cord is bent a certain way.

Kid Panda
04-11-2018, 05:29 PM
Hi Black_Tiger,

Is there any chance for you to share that "complete" set? Probably a PM? I've struggled to find one.

Thanks.

Please do not ask for roms in this thread.

fernan1234
04-11-2018, 05:33 PM
Point taken.

I've been waiting on a PSIO order for much longer than this so I'm okay with waiting. It's just that when you order something that is marked as "in stock" in kind of sets your expectations in a certain way, you know?

Regarding good rom sets for this device, wouldn't the No Intro dumps be the preferred choice? For CD games I think they only have individual downloads set up though, but I could be wrong.

RevQuixo
04-12-2018, 08:22 AM

I don't think anyone has seen the noise on a CRT, which is great. Only seems to pop-up on HDtvs using composite video as sync cables (such as retrovision). Then depending on a host of issues outside of the SSDS3 (PSU, filtering on the TV, components with the system) you may have some video noise.

TKP
04-12-2018, 09:53 AM
I don't think anyone has seen the noise on a CRT, which is great. Only seems to pop-up on HDtvs using composite video as sync cables (such as retrovision). Then depending on a host of issues outside of the SSDS3 (PSU, filtering on the TV, components with the system) you may have some video noise.

No noise on my 51 inch Samsung plasma thruough an OSSC. I tryed out Bonk and Valis 2, no noise at all. It did take a second to sync when I powered on but work fine from there. I did manage to notice the hum while playing Sapphire, but I had to really try. I already had a Turbo Everdrive, but I'm really happy to add CD support and RGB to my Core 2. I'm a very pleased customer.

mistahsnart
04-12-2018, 01:14 PM
Point taken.

I've been waiting on a PSIO order for much longer than this so I'm okay with waiting.

I've had my PSIO for over a year. You're better off having waited. It's going to be a great device eventually.

RevQuixo
04-12-2018, 01:55 PM
No noise on my 51 inch Samsung plasma thruough an OSSC. I tryed out Bonk and Valis 2, no noise at all. It did take a second to sync when I powered on but work fine from there. I did manage to notice the hum while playing Sapphire, but I had to really try. I already had a Turbo Everdrive, but I'm really happy to add CD support and RGB to my Core 2. I'm a very pleased customer.

What sort of cable did you use? I have no issues with CSYNC, but composite video as sync has some video noise.

Dacider
04-12-2018, 03:08 PM
Hi All

Mine arrived today and I've had a great time playing some of my classic PC-engine games. When I play real HuCards or HuCard ROM images its is 100% perfect. However when I play CD-Rom/Super CD-Rom/Arcade CD-ROM games I get a buzzing when the virtual drive is accessing and the green LED is on. as soon as the access stops it's perfect just like the HuCards/HuCard ROMs.

I'm not sure if there is a newer firmware which may fix this. I have tried going to: http://www.neosdstore.com/downloads/login however, it says my serial is not valid. Any feedback from you folks would be greatly appreciated.

Other than CD-ROM issues I am loving it :D

PS I am using a Packapunch cable so I know it's not that.

SavagePencil
04-12-2018, 03:40 PM
Hi All

Mine arrived today and I've had a great time playing some of my classic PC-engine games. When I play real HuCards or HuCard ROM images its is 100% perfect. However when I play CD-Rom/Super CD-Rom/Arcade CD-ROM games I get a buzzing when the virtual drive is accessing and the green LED is on. as soon as the access stops it's perfect just like the HuCards/HuCard ROMs.

I'm not sure if there is a newer firmware which may fix this. I have tried going to: http://www.neosdstore.com/downloads/login however, it says my serial is not valid. Any feedback from you folks would be greatly appreciated.

Other than CD-ROM issues I am loving it :D

PS I am using a Packapunch cable so I know it's not that.

You are not alone in this experience; I have almost the exact same issues. The audio issue is one that TerraOnion is aware of and are proposing a fix.

The firmware downloads aren't yet available; TO is building their own site with more support options. You won't have to go to NG to get your tech support :)

Rot
04-12-2018, 04:05 PM
You won't have to go to NG to get your tech support :)

And do you think it will be any different on the Terraonion website?

The incessant asking of the same questions?
...WHERE IS MY SHIT!
...WHEN CAN I UPDATE THE FIRMWARE!
...WHERE ARE TEH ROMZ!

The Incessant Not reading of posts?
The incessant whiny little fucks like you...

How long do YOU think the Admins there will start to get pissed off with people like you?

Wanna see how it works here? NEXT time you post... make sure you don't grab my attention... there is a LOGOUT button TOP RIGHT if you dont like shit around here...

Dacider
04-12-2018, 06:12 PM
You are not alone in this experience; I have almost the exact same issues. The audio issue is one that TerraOnion is aware of and are proposing a fix.

The firmware downloads aren't yet available; TO is building their own site with more support options. You won't have to go to NG to get your tech support :)
Hi SavagePencil

Many thanks for the heads up. I'll keep an eye on the terraonion website for firmware updates going forward. Good to know I'm not alone here with this issue.

Sincerely
Dacider

Dacider
04-12-2018, 06:19 PM
And do you think it will be any different on the Terraonion website?

The incessant asking of the same questions?
...WHERE IS MY SHIT!
...WHEN CAN I UPDATE THE FIRMWARE!
...WHERE ARE TEH ROMZ!

The Incessant Not reading of posts?
The incessant whiny little fucks like you...

How long do YOU think the Admins there will start to get pissed off with people like you?

Wanna see how it works here? NEXT time you post... make sure you don't grab my attention... there is a LOGOUT button TOP RIGHT if you dont like shit around here...

Rot,

Duly noted - the angry bear has been woken. This whiny fuck will tiptoe back to post 1 and get up to speed so I don't upset the hornets nest going forward.

Sincerely
Dacider

F4U57
04-12-2018, 07:01 PM
Hey guys.

I ordered my SD3 two weeks ago. I thought I’d have a shipping notification by now. I mean, I’ve paid for it in full already, so...

Also, anyone know where I can get some sweet ROMs for this thing?

I’ll ask again this afternoon if I’ve heard nothing. Kthx

Syn
04-12-2018, 07:05 PM
:lol:

Aussie humor

fernan1234
04-12-2018, 07:45 PM
God forbid people expect an item to be processed in a reasonable time when there's no current indication at all on the item listing that there's a wait list or that you are actually paying for a pre-order, and the listing only links to a forum post where the last update on shipping information available goes back to December 2017.

People must be nuts.

Hesterfu
04-12-2018, 08:45 PM
Oh shit... time moves so fu**** sloooooowwwww :oh_no:

sparksterz
04-12-2018, 10:53 PM
I've had my PSIO for over a year. You're better off having waited. It's going to be a great device eventually.

Agreed...got in on beta rounds and I have yet to update my device because it's exhausting to keep up with. I appreciate a solution at least exists, but the user friendliness has a ways to go on it.

Rot
04-13-2018, 01:23 AM
God forbid people expect an item to be processed in a reasonable time when there's no current indication at all on the item listing that there's a wait list or that you are actually paying for a pre-order, and the listing only links to a forum post where the last update on shipping information available goes back to December 2017.

People must be nuts.

Did you not learn ANYTHING since you've been logging your ass in here?

The Terraonion team have earnt the RIGHT to some leeway in respect to their projects...

They are working FLAT out on numerous things and will eventually post when they want too...

Here's how I read your post... "Z'OMG... I ordered something... looks like a scam... I want more info.... and a right to complain"...

I spoke to the Ng.dev team a while back and this is one of the main reasons they stopped posting on Forums... whiny... self indulged fooks like you...

SURE... i undertand that you may have spent some cash... BUT unless The Terraonion team have a proven track record of scamming... I'd suggest some fuckin' patience...

CaptainStabbin
04-13-2018, 06:31 AM

People must be nuts.

Prob should have read more than the first post in the thread BEFORE ordering. When there's 80+ pages of posts it's really not fair to say, oh the first post was from December and talked about shipping, not bother to read through later posts, and cry foul. If you had, you'd have gotten a fairly good idea of shipping time.

fernan1234
04-13-2018, 07:34 AM
Did you not learn ANYTHING since you've been logging your ass in here?

The Terraonion team have earnt the RIGHT to some leeway in respect to their projects...

They are working FLAT out on numerous things and will eventually post when they want too...

Here's how I read your post... "Z'OMG... I ordered something... looks like a scam... I want more info.... and a right to complain"...

I spoke to the Ng.dev team a while back and this is one of the main reasons they stopped posting on Forums... whiny... self indulged fooks like you...

SURE... i undertand that you may have spent some cash... BUT unless The Terraonion team have a proven track record of scamming... I'd suggest some fuckin' patience...

If that is how you interpreted my posts then I'm afraid there is no nice and polite way to describe how well your mind works. If you can find a single post of mine where I even remotely suggested that Terraonion is even partly a scam I will Paypal you the price of another SSDS3 and promptly request a ban.

Honestly, you helpful gentleman, I understand that you have been frustrated with a lot of people that came here to complain beyond reason, but don't attribute that kind of attitude to everyone who comes here looking for information. My first posts were simply asking for info, and my last post was a reaction to people mocking people who simply wonder what the current shipping situation may be. Notice that I don't generalize here: there are tons of actually useful posters in this forum and I'm glad they're around.

I will still insist on my simple point: it is reasonable for people to not expect long shipping wait times when they go to a product's store and buy the product marked as in stock, with no indication or warning on the listing about queues or pre-orders (and yes, there is a link to this thread, and if you read through a lot of pages you may find an indication that there are still delays four months after the first post states that they would be caught up soon--not to mention that for a buyer to get access to this forum takes a couple of days, by which point they may have made a purchase already). This is not a complain so don't interpret it that way with your exceptional reading comprehensions. It's just an observation. By comparison, when you go to the PSIO store and buy their product you see a clear statement that you are buying a pre-order. Again, not a complaint or a suggestion that the PSIO team is great or anything, just observing something that should be commonsensical about information on product pages.

FilthyRear
04-13-2018, 07:35 AM
Prob should have read more than the first post in the thread BEFORE ordering. When there's 80+ pages of posts it's really not fair to say, oh the first post was from December and talked about shipping, not bother to read through later posts, and cry foul. If you had, you'd have gotten a fairly good idea of shipping time.

Your username is amazing.

Rot
04-13-2018, 07:40 AM
If that is how you interpreted my posts then I'm afraid there is no nice and polite way to describe how well your mind works. If you can find a single post of mine where I even remotely suggested that Terraonion is even partly a scam I will Paypal you the price of another SSDS3 and promptly request a ban.

Honestly, you helpful gentleman, I understand that you have been frustrated with a lot of people that came here to complain beyond reason, but don't attribute that kind of attitude to everyone who comes here looking for information. My first posts were simply asking for info, and my last post was a reaction to people mocking people who simply wonder what the current shipping situation may be. Notice that I don't generalize here: there are tons of actually useful posters in this forum and I'm glad they're around.

I will still insist on my simple point: it is reasonable for people to not expect long shipping wait times when they go to a product's store and buy the product marked as in stock, with no indication or warning on the listing about queues or pre-orders (and yes, there is a link to this thread, and if you read through a lot of pages you may find an indication that there are still delays four months after the first post states that they would be caught up soon--not to mention that for a buyer to get access to this forum takes a couple of days, by which point they may have made a purchase already). This is not a complain so don't interpret it that way with your exceptional reading comprehensions. It's just an observation. By comparison, when you go to the PSIO store and buy their product you see a clear statement that you are buying a pre-order. Again, not a complaint or a suggestion that the PSIO team is great or anything, just observing something that should be commonsensical about information on product pages.

My post is an ANALOGY of how the forum has been seeing these type posts...

The general concensus is most of you fooks are worthless and only came here for info... and not even bothered to read stuff... or involve yourself in the forums..

The Forum is NOT concerned about how you feel... or why you joined... or who you jack off in public toilets...

WE are concerned with the incessant posts that i mentioned before...

Now... NEXT time you write a TL;DR post... make sure the guy reading it gives a fuck...

xROTx

lachlan
04-13-2018, 07:55 AM

'fernan' ?

I imagine you look like this

fernan1234
04-13-2018, 08:26 AM
My post is an ANALOGY of how the forum has been seeing these type posts...

The general concensus is most of you fooks are worthless and only came here for info... and not even bothered to read stuff... or involve yourself in the forums..

The Forum is NOT concerned about how you feel... or why you joined... or who you jack off in public toilets...

WE are concerned with the incessant posts that i mentioned before...

Now... NEXT time you write a TL;DR post... make sure the guy reading it gives a fuck...

xROTx

So if this place is not meant to be a source of information then what is it good for? I keep being impressed with how extraordinary your thinking skills seem to be. Something's rot up there for sure.

Anyway, will stick around for the useful posts while just skipping over the nutty folks who complain about non-existent complaining.

Rot
04-13-2018, 08:32 AM
So if this place is not meant to be a source of information then what is it good for? I keep being impressed with how extraordinary your thinking skills seem to be. Something's rot up there for sure.

Anyway, will stick around for the useful posts while just skipping over the nutty folks who complain about non-existent complaining.

This is a PRIVATE site... with it's own culture...

Hence... this is why you are getting the attention you are...

This is NOT a Democracy but it isn't a Tyrannical state either....

To be honest... we've been here for close to 2 decades... and we've seen entitled fucks like you question us all the time...

Nothing I aint seen before or won't see again... you stick around or you don't but don't for a fuckin' second believe you are going to change Ng.com with your whiny ass posts...

fernan1234
04-13-2018, 09:39 AM
That's just nuts dude. You can stop posting at me now though. Even though I just joined the site I can tell happily that you don't really represent the "culture" of this site, no matter how long you've been around. It does look like most users are good and there's only a small pack of crazy dogs who like to bark at ghosts.

F4U57
04-13-2018, 09:40 AM
That's just nuts dude. You can stop posting at me now though. Even though I just joined the site I can tell happily that you don't really represent the "culture" of this site, no matter how long you've been around. It does look like most users are good and there's only a small pack of crazy dogs who like to bark at ghosts.

You'll last long here, I can tell...

Rot
04-13-2018, 09:40 AM

Sure... as per request...

I would say you'll be able see my reply but it aint gonna happen...

SavagePencil
04-13-2018, 10:00 AM

Yo, fernan: https://forums.terraonion.com/

This'll get you out of Rot's hair, and we can see if there's new firmware.

Rot
04-13-2018, 10:03 AM
Yo, fernan: https://forums.terraonion.com/

This'll get you out of Rot's hair, and we can see if there's new firmware.

He can't see this forum anymore...

He asked to have his posting stopped... and so 10 seconds after he posted it...

I War room locked him... and you can't see this forum from the War room...

You wanna be a bitch on the forums... don't expect me to be happy...

xROTx

PS. 10 seconds for a War room Lock.. that's correct... that's 7 seconds longer than most our love lives...

Loukey
04-13-2018, 11:09 AM
I just don’t get what possible satisfaction/gratification he was getting from trolling a mod. Is that what passes for fun these days? :confused:

When I first started reading the forum I thought you might be pretty harsh, but it hasn’t taken too long to figure out why.

Syn
04-13-2018, 08:21 PM
I just don’t get what possible satisfaction/gratification he was getting from trolling a mod. Is that what passes for fun these days? :confused:

When I first started reading the forum I thought you might be pretty harsh, but it hasn’t taken too long to figure out why.

He got participation awards, was told everyone's opinion matters, it can't hurt to ask, yadda yadda yadda

Self entitled, too lazy to read people are going to catch it.

People with tech problems do get treated better.

DracoBlade
04-15-2018, 12:38 AM
About to get a Super SD System 3. Is it worth going all the way and purchase a packapunch cable?
I've been using Packapunch for about a year and a half Nostromo, best build quality I've ever seen for RGB cables. Clean signal.

Nostromo
04-16-2018, 07:09 AM
Thanks DracoBlade awesome. I'm allergic to audio hum :D

DaytimeDreamer
04-16-2018, 11:39 AM
Just purchased a Super SD System 3. And now we wait :)

rouken
04-16-2018, 01:56 PM
My Life in Gaming (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpvtp7mH0Cdq8FQUxcjDq0Q) just uploaded a video-review for the Super SD System 3...

https://youtu.be/embglSBWF8E

GadgetUK
04-16-2018, 02:21 PM
My Life in Gaming (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpvtp7mH0Cdq8FQUxcjDq0Q) just uploaded a video-review for the Super SD System 3...

Yay! Another "but the video is not perfect" review... The video is bloody amazing, some people need to realise that this is primarily a device to allow you to play all games. To be fair, they did focus on the ADPCM issue, which I wasn't 100% sure on but I did point out a sound issue on "Ai Cho Aniki" when testing - it sounded a bit odd, but I don't think TO (nor me) were convinced there was actually a fault at the time. The good news is that's probably solvable with firmware update I think.

Note to TO - next time you decide to "help people out" by adding in extra features like RGB, DONT! Just focus on the main functionality as there's no pleasing some people.

People expect SO much now, they are expecting 30 year old systems to output HDMI like sound and video. I suggest they stick to their PS4s and emulation...

Tgames
04-16-2018, 02:29 PM
Not "bloody amazing" for first customers, that we still waiting for a replacement units...

I use only 2 times my SSDS3 with a Megadrive 2 CSYNC Packapunch cable from Retro UK Cables, because they are too much noices on the picture (even with a CRT), it's unplayable.

So for the moment it's unusable for first customers. Don't forget that.

Nostromo
04-16-2018, 02:32 PM
All I need is a Scart cable which takes audio from the SSDS3 and RGB from my modded PCE. Best of both worlds.

RevQuixo
04-16-2018, 03:20 PM
Yay! Another "but the video is not perfect" review...

...Note to TO - next time you decide to "help people out" by adding in extra features like RGB, DONT! Just focus on the main functionality as there's no pleasing some people.

Seriously dude? That was an extremely well-rounded review that points out all the pros and cons of the device and let's the consumer make a judgement call. I don't think anyone wants reviews that gloss things over. If those are the sorts of reviews that you want to peddle yourself..go right ahead.

Kid Panda
04-16-2018, 03:30 PM
Not "bloody amazing" for first customers, that we still waiting for a replacement units...

I use only 2 times my SSDS3 with a Megadrive 2 CSYNC Packapunch cable from Retro UK Cables, because they are too much noices on the picture (even with a CRT), it's unplayable.

Not really sure what you're on about, I have a rev 1 and have had zero issues with it being "unplayable". Using a plain vanilla Scart cable on a PVM and it looks good. Sounds to me you're just a snob that has to have everything perfect. I have literally played all the way through like 60 game so far.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180416/6f1e4074f2c63590e7394535044d47cd.jpg

Rot
04-16-2018, 03:54 PM
And here I thought the drama would end when Alex started his new forum...

Luckily for you guys... my involvement is suspended for now...

I helped the Terraonion team over the past 18 months... time to take a back seat for a while...

Go ahead and play...

xROTx

Tech&Music
04-16-2018, 04:19 PM
Seriously dude? That was an extremely well-rounded review that points out all the pros and cons of the device and let's the consumer make a judgement call. I don't think anyone wants reviews that gloss things over. If those are the sorts of reviews that you want to peddle yourself..go right ahead.

QFT. Coury was really positive about the product and didn't go into the typical "the sky is falling" RGB rant that some people on Twitter and the likes have gone into. He mentioned that on a CRT you probably won't notice it, that it wasn't that bad, that jailbars are unavoidable on the console without mods which isn't the SSDS3's fault, etc. etc., and recommended the product in the end. I do agree that perhaps TerraOnion, in case they will make flashcards for other systems, that perhaps it's best to just focus on that and leave the video part to the console owners themselves to figure out (mod it, have it modded, or stick with what the console itself has to offer).

It's very clear that TerraOnion's expertise is in flashcards, and while I must admit that a built-in RGB mod is a great gift, it has to be absolutely perfect or the RGB Hatemob will just shit on you, and perhaps TO should consider whether it's worth the hassle or not. If they can do it just perfect, great, if not, they're gonna get that mob after them again, and I really would hate to see TO lose their motivation and passion for these projects due to the constant barage of self-proclaimed RGB geniuses. But again, that video was definitely far, far from negative, rather it showed it in a fair manner.

GadgetUK
04-16-2018, 04:20 PM

I am a "first customer" and the video and audio is bloody amazing imo. I've been working my way around numerous TV's on the 1st rev proto, and 2nd rev (recall model) and there's hardly anything I can see or hear that I would class a problem tbh. It might help if you could upload a video of your problem! Not disputing you've got a problem with yours, I just don't see how it can be unplayable.

The review was OK, but when you show a mega close up of "really really faint wavy lines" and make out its some kind of issue that people should give a shit about, that's what annoys me tbh. I guess we now live in a world where if something is not absolutely perfect, we should focus on those imperfections and make a show out of it.

Syn
04-16-2018, 06:32 PM
Most people are going to laugh off the close up but for a few it's a big deal. I'd rather TO not have to deal with more of those fucks and if the video saves us all from one more...thank you.

GadgetUK
04-17-2018, 04:08 AM
Most people are going to laugh off the close up but for a few it's a big deal. I'd rather TO not have to deal with more of those fucks and if the video saves us all from one more...thank you.

That's a good point actually! I hadn't thought of it like that until now.

macress
04-17-2018, 04:12 AM
what's included in the box ? thx

RevQuixo
04-17-2018, 08:25 AM
what's included in the box ? thx

SSDS3, instruction manual, and collectible bubble wrap.

fenikso
04-17-2018, 11:51 AM
SSDS3, instruction manual, and collectible bubble wrap.

Oh man, nobody told me the bubble wrap was collectible! I think I threw it away. I should have gone with my gut and never opened the box. It could have stayed on the shelf, away from unstable air, pristine, forever.

Yodd
04-17-2018, 11:56 AM
Oh man, nobody told me the bubble wrap was collectible! I think I threw it away. I should have gone with my gut and never opened the box. It could have stayed on the shelf, away from unstable air, pristine, forever.

Would make a good conversation piece.

jamon1567
04-17-2018, 12:55 PM
I am a "first customer" and the video and audio is bloody amazing imo. I've been working my way around numerous TV's on the 1st rev proto, and 2nd rev (recall model) and there's hardly anything I can see or hear that I would class a problem tbh. It might help if you could upload a video of your problem! Not disputing you've got a problem with yours, I just don't see how it can be unplayable.

The review was OK, but when you show a mega close up of "really really faint wavy lines" and make out its some kind of issue that people should give a shit about, that's what annoys me tbh. I guess we now live in a world where if something is not absolutely perfect, we should focus on those imperfections and make a show out of it.

Perhaps it's not your thing, but if you've watched their other videos, that's just what they do. They didn't single out TO or anything.

I'm just happy that we got this product if they decide to drop RGB. I can't think of many other projects they might do that would benefit from it much, but for PCE which has a pretty high barrier to entry if you want to do RGB right (a Duo, which is pretty pricey to begin with, along with a recap and an RGB mod), this was a godsend. Every other sytem I can think of that they might consider an ODE for already have RGB built in anyway, so hopefully this doesn't discourage them.

wju2004
04-17-2018, 11:34 PM
Just got mine up and running today. Haven't had a lot of hands on time as of yet.

Wasn't all that hard to get things organized properly on the MicroSD and once I got the right BIOS, I was good to go.

Haven't really noticed any sound issues. Looks good graphically. Haven't played many games, but did notice a few graphical glitches during gameplay of Cotton. Might not even be due to the SSD3 as I never tested the PCE itself out otherwise, not that I could play Cotton on it anyhow. It's not anything I can't look past, though. Very happy with it and look forward to enjoying it for quite a while.

F4U57
04-18-2018, 12:13 AM
I thought the My Life in Gaming review was informative. Really looking forward to receiving the device.

Also, I couldn’t see any of the supposed screen issues in that video when he did the side by side comparisons, so lucky me, my eyesight is either completely shot or I am not an OCD autistic neckbeard.

I guess I should go get my eyes checked then.

zz99
04-18-2018, 03:32 AM
I've got one of the very first units. Been running it through a bog standard Megadrive scart lead purchased off Amazon into an OSSC and out to a 49" sony 4K TV.

Picture is boody marvellous and not noticed any sound issues. There's a bit of dodgyness in Caslevania X, which I only checked after seeing the post on the TO website, obviously I need to clean my glasses as I didn't really notice it while playing the game before then :)

haightc
04-18-2018, 06:45 PM
Anyone in the west US coast got there SSD3 yet that was Corroes, according to my tracked number they shipped mine on the 20th of last month. I was just wondering in a I get a ballpark estimate of when it might show up. I think some said expect ~2 weeks, but I am guessing they where east coast or midwest.

Tron
04-19-2018, 01:05 AM

I'm really,considering one after watching this review.Which means selling another console i have.I know it's not perfect yet but i like the idea of the SSDS3 being all in one.

FilthyRear
04-19-2018, 09:10 AM
Yodd's review was much better.

CaptainStabbin
04-19-2018, 10:31 AM
Packapunch are back open for pre-order if anyone needs one.

CaptainStabbin
04-19-2018, 10:37 AM
Second that

toaks
04-19-2018, 04:03 PM
Anyone in the west US coast got there SSD3 yet that was Corroes, according to my tracked number they shipped mine on the 20th of last month. I was just wondering in a I get a ballpark estimate of when it might show up. I think some said expect ~2 weeks, but I am guessing they where east coast or midwest.

Mine took 14 days to California from the day it shipped.

comp1demon
04-20-2018, 08:55 AM
Just wanted to update everyone.. I ordered in March (3/6/18) and my order shipped today.
Very happy for Terraonion getting nearly all caught up!!
Can't wait for mine.
THANKS!!

FilthyRear
04-20-2018, 09:10 AM
I love it when a plan comes together.

mistahsnart
04-20-2018, 05:39 PM
Mine showed up today to Minnesota. Ordered on 12/10/17. Shipped on 3/20/18 via Correos. Patience pays off.

Got it hooked up to my home theater setup. Was having a lot of fun playing games. Noticed the slight video noise right away, so I shot my TV. I took a hammer to my receiver and burned my house down too. So I'm homeless now.

Please advise on when I can expect fixes.

Syn
04-20-2018, 06:24 PM
The easiest fix is replacing your cable.

I use retro-access with both OSSC and xrgb3.

Dochartaigh
04-20-2018, 07:29 PM
The easiest fix is replacing your cable.

That could fix the problem if the cable is faulty, but there's also many people who have tried everything from new cables, to different power supplies, different PCE/TG16's even, different speakers/stereos, etc. and the problem still persists so that's definitely not a cure-all. We will all have to wait from a fix from either Voultar who Terra Onion send a Rev2 unit to, or from Terra Onion themselves.

Syn
04-20-2018, 08:59 PM
I don't understand why buying the cables people are saying are working is so hard?

Yes there is a flaw for all cables to work and everyone is aware. While you were waiting did you not read up on the the issues with all cables working? Did you not read the working setups thread?

There's been time to be prepared. You've bought a new item from a young company that doesn't have the resources the big guys do. This isn't Nintendo putting out their latest mini or switch.

TerraOnion as you mentioned swallowed some pride and reached out to Voultar to get a different set of eyes on the issues.

Admitting there's a mistake, check .
Working to solve issues, check.
People upset when the situation isn't fixed by clicking their heels together 3 times, check.
People using their SSS3's without issue, laughing at those to silly to buy a cable but still trying to help, check.

MobiusStripTech
04-20-2018, 09:01 PM
I was assuming the original poster was joking since he said he lost his mind and burned down his house.

Syn
04-20-2018, 09:27 PM
Could be.

We've had so many douches here because of this particular item, I no longer give the benefit of doubt.

Dochartaigh
04-20-2018, 10:59 PM
I don't understand why buying the cables people are saying are working is so hard?

Yes there is a flaw for all cables to work and everyone is aware. While you were waiting did you not read up on the the issues with all cables working? Did you not read the working setups thread?

People using their SSS3's without issue, laughing at those to silly to buy a cable but still trying to help, check.

Syn, I've been following your 'working setups thread'. I have the same Retro-Access cable as you. MobiusStripTech has the same cable as you (and that guy has 4 other cables he's tried as well – amongst tons of other troubleshooting and hardware combinations!). Many other people have the same cables listed in that thread as well, and many of us still have audio (and/or video) noise...

So you saying it's just the cable, and to check the working setups thread, is leading people in the wrong direction as that's not a proven solution to this.

I certainly don't mean to harp on the issues some people have with this great product, I just don't want people to waste money on buying another cable if they don't have to, you know what I mean? That would be a waste of money. We just have to wait until somebody finds out what the problem is and its solution.

Syn
04-21-2018, 12:12 AM
Just to nitpick, Mobius has a rev1 board that KidPanda is pretty happy with.

Working setups ups just shows others adaptability I guess.

So wait and gripe while I and others play.

Also, have you joined the TerraOnion forums? I think they're posting there more in hopes of people moving the conversations to their site.

Who knows when these threads are merged into General Tech and console gaming? That axe will fall. I don't necessarily see the threads just being deleted since the NeoSD/Pro are Neo related but SSS3 stuff may get buried.

mistahsnart
04-21-2018, 07:11 AM
Could be.

We've had so many douches here because of this particular item, I no longer give the benefit of doubt.
Could be.

Xavier
04-21-2018, 10:12 PM
I dunno what you guys are talking about getting 128gb 200 256gb sd cards.
I got the latest smoke pack, a "complete torrent". I erased duplicates, demos, and unplayable (japanese only) games.
I'm looking at 58gb.

That's in bin cure format I bet if they were in another type you'd be looking at around 8.

I thought of three pc engine cd games off the top of my head that were missing and couldn't find bin/cues for them.
The US turbo-cd release list was complete.

Maybe if you wanna make genre and best of lists as well and re-copy them.

Just sayin if you have an extra 64gb card laying around I think you'll be fine.

Syn
04-21-2018, 11:22 PM
I'm around 55gb and need to erase some games.

Some people want everything.

It comes up once in a while.

Kid Panda
04-21-2018, 11:25 PM
I'm around 55gb and need to erase some games.

Some people want everything.

It comes up once in a while.

What's even funnier? 95% of them can't even read Hiragana/Katakana, much less Kanji.

Syn
04-21-2018, 11:29 PM
I'm able to read yes, no and cancel in Japanese.

And Godzilla, lol

Seren
04-22-2018, 03:06 AM
I got the latest smoke pack, a "complete torrent". I erased duplicates, demos, and unplayable (japanese only) games.
I'm looking at 58gb.

That's in bin cure format I bet if they were in another type you'd be looking at around 8.

I thought of three pc engine cd games off the top of my head that were missing and couldn't find bin/cues for them.

Done the same too. Full Smoke Hucard PCE/TG16 rom pack, TG16 US CD set and all the best JP CD rips (shooters, translations, etc) on a 128Gb and still have about 50+gb left.

Zebpro
04-22-2018, 10:20 AM
I'm really,considering one after watching this review.Which means selling another console i have.I know it's not perfect yet but i like the idea of the SSDS3 being all in one.

I just heard about this neat device when watching this video review.
For me it seems just perfect.

One point though, in the video he talks about a component being soldered in the wrong "way".
It doesn't seem to be a problem and I know how to desolder/resolder.

But maybe it is fixed now?

Any idea about that?

By the way, I go to the official website and unlike the NeoSD, the SSDS3 page doesn't show any "In stock" or "Out of stock" information status, is it normal.

Can I still place an order for that great piece of hardware?

Thanks in advance for your help/answers about that.

Damulta
04-22-2018, 10:58 AM
Yes it's fixed....really wasn't an issue from the looks of it. Like a burn your house down issue. People have them and they work just fine. Some people want ps4 quality on old hardware. Which I don't own one of these but it looks awesome.

Zebpro
04-22-2018, 11:39 AM
Yes it's fixed....really wasn't an issue from the looks of it. Like a burn your house down issue. People have them and they work just fine. Some people want ps4 quality on old hardware. Which I don't own one of these but it looks awesome.

OK, thanks man.

I just read more on the official website and I understand now about the availability.

I guess I will order one and just wait for it to come. :)

I am super interested in this little thing because it replaces the CD-ROM extension. They're becoming rare to find in a good state, not talking about the price, and tend to aged badly, like all other optical based systems.
The different DUO versions are expensive too, and I just like the form factor of a "simple" Core Graphx. ;)

Xavier
04-22-2018, 11:44 AM
Done the same too. Full Smoke Hucard PCE/TG16 rom pack, TG16 US CD set and all the best JP CD rips (shooters, translations, etc) on a 128Gb and still have about 50+gb left.

How many Cd translations are there?
I've been looking around a bunch and can only think find a few.

Reality_Studio
04-22-2018, 11:53 AM
One point though, in the video he talks about a component being soldered in the wrong "way".
It doesn't seem to be a problem and I know how to desolder/resolder.

But maybe it is fixed now?

Any idea about that?

Yeah it was fixed in rev 3. I have a rev 2 version and it works fine, I didn't flip that capacitor they talk about and I probably won't bother. There is a little noise but there is no way to know if it's due to my console which is really old, or the cheapo scart cable I'm using. Most importantly though I don't really care, it's just awesome to be able to play all hucards and cd images so easily. We used it again on our Twitch stream last night, I linked it below. It's the second time we've used it and our streams are usually 4 hours long, it's worked like a charm! A must have device as far as I'm concerned. I'm secretly hoping they make one for the Sega Genesis so I can play cd images :)

GXXvrWT7LPg

Zebpro
04-22-2018, 12:30 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the info.

That's exactly why I'm very interested in this product, I was aware of the Turbo EverDrive but this SSDS3 is just fantastic!!! :D :buttrock:

Just ordered one!! ;)

Jibbajaba
04-22-2018, 01:04 PM
Yeah it was fixed in rev 3. I have a rev 2 version and it works fine, I didn't flip that capacitor they talk about and I probably won't bother. There is a little noise but there is no way to know if it's due to my console which is really old, or the cheapo scart cable I'm using. Most importantly though I don't really care, it's just awesome to be able to play all hucards and cd images so easily. We used it again on our Twitch stream last night, I linked it below. It's the second time we've used it and our streams are usually 4 hours long, it's worked like a charm! A must have device as far as I'm concerned. I'm secretly hoping they make one for the Sega Genesis so I can play cd images :)

GXXvrWT7LPg

You have a very interesting YouTube channel.

rouken
04-22-2018, 09:03 PM
I would like to know if someone can upload some .bup save files from this device... One "backram.bup" file with the saves of some games stored into it, and some "per-game backup RAM" .bup save files. I want to make some tests with them...

flapper
04-23-2018, 06:45 PM
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone at the TerraOnion team. I got my SSD3 today. It was ordered on 3/8, chose Correos as shipping method, and shipped out on 4/20, and arrived this afternoon. Everything looking great and I wanted to just say thanks to everyone. I know how stressful it can be with a new product that everyone wants to be perfect. Keep up the great work and it is definitely appreciated.

wyo
04-23-2018, 09:04 PM
You have a very interesting YouTube channel.

Indeed!

PersianImm0rtal
04-24-2018, 08:40 AM
Hi, thank you for making this product. Is the current product being sold on https://www.neosdstore.com the latest revision that does not have A/V problems?

haightc
04-24-2018, 12:48 PM
Mine SuperSD3 just showed up yesterday, so a little over a month from spain to WA, ordering in early decemeber

jsjesse
04-24-2018, 10:08 PM
Is anyone else experience a slight audio feedback that is in sync with the data reading?? It's almost like a slight TV buzzing, but you can't really hear it once the actual game audio kicks in but on silent screens that have data loading you can hear it. It's not that big a deal, but I just want to know if I am the only one with that feedback sound.

Overall it's a great product! I love mine!

Damulta
04-24-2018, 10:13 PM
Is anyone else experience a slight audio feedback that is in sync with the data reading?? It's almost like a slight TV buzzing, but you can't really hear it once the actual game audio kicks in but on silent screens that have data loading you can hear it. It's not that big a deal, but I just want to know if I am the only one with that feedback sound.

Lol

Jibbajaba
04-24-2018, 10:39 PM

This is the first I've heard of it.

grendelrt
04-26-2018, 01:04 PM
I'm looking at 58gb.

Did Smoke do a CD version of packs? I have only seen the pack for hucard games.

Syn
04-26-2018, 01:51 PM
No, he has said he won't be doing one.

haightc
04-26-2018, 05:50 PM

If you are into shoot'em ups, look for project peacock.

grendelrt
04-26-2018, 07:59 PM

Ok thanks, just making sure.

Gummy Bear
04-27-2018, 03:38 AM
Has anyone thought about making a little 3D printed dust cap for the HuCard slot?
Just an idea :)

Kez
04-27-2018, 05:50 AM
Yeah I've been meaning to make a dummy HuCard to put in maybe with the SSDS3 logo on it. Something about the empty slot just looks wrong to me.

Gummy Bear
04-27-2018, 06:02 AM
That's a better idea. :)
Put me down for one, if you do it.

kogami
04-27-2018, 10:24 AM
Someone got news about SSDS3 shipments?

Yodd
04-27-2018, 11:13 AM
Someone got news about SSDS3 shipments?

https://forums.terraonion.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&p=24#p24

Dacider
04-27-2018, 06:32 PM
I've had my SSDS3 for about a month and I love it! I think it's fantastic that it takes a completely unmodded PC-Engine - adds RGB output and allows me to protect my CD-Rom and Super CD-Rom collection to boot. Seriously, I can't believe just how great this system looks 30 years on. Amazing job by Terraonion :)

Dacider
04-27-2018, 06:33 PM
I love the sound of that idea :)

Dacider
04-27-2018, 06:37 PM
Yeah I've been meaning to make a dummy HuCard to put in maybe with the SSDS3 logo on it. Something about the empty slot just looks wrong to me.
This is what I love the idea of :)

PersianImm0rtal
04-28-2018, 05:37 PM

When can I buy one?

Kez
04-29-2018, 08:13 PM
Sorry I won't be selling them, I'm working on a HuCard design that I'll make available online once I've confirmed it fits well in a PC Engine. Once that's up you can easily get one printed using a local service.