PCE Super SD System 3 - Terraonion New Product (Dec 2017)

TeamShake

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Not sure if the art in the 1st post is final art for the box, but just a note that you have a picture of the 8 pin MD1 din connector and not a 9 pin MD2 mini din connector. You may want to correct that if you can so it doesn't confuse people.

edit:
never mind, i see someone brought this up already

Last edited:

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
I feel like the next step would be an ODE for the Neo Geo CD to cut down load times.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I feel like the next step would be an ODE for the Neo Geo CD to cut down load times.

No one cares about the Neo Geo CD lol. Who Needs a ODE for the Neo Geo Cd when you already have the NeoSD.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'd love it, but me and Turf would probably be the only ones who bought it.

haightc

n00b
Didn't see it asked anywhere else yet, and I don't particularly care about other's opinions about if it should have been implemented or not, but why no HDMI output?

also the two other ODEs have digital out, but they cost twice as much. Plus based on reviews on on PCE forums both actually have issues with digital rendering the PCE perfectly. Getting a OSSC and one of these would be better than the UperGrafx and the other one. For people like myself, digital only is a real turn off. Plus as NeoSD mention in previous posts they would get really hosed with the tremendous licensing fees associated with HDMI.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
No one cares about the Neo Geo CD lol. Who Needs a ODE for the Neo Geo Cd when you already have the NeoSD.

Furrtek has been working on a NGCD ODE for a while now.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
I'd love it, but me and Turf would probably be the only ones who bought it.

I'd love to have a NeoCD ODE, but honestly it would be more trouble than its worth at this point. The CD systems can be finicky and installing an ODE would be a PITA. I would just prefer to have some way to rig NeoCD roms to work on the NeoSD cart.

If there was a way to get digital video/audio directly from the PCE, then an HDMI out would've made sense. Bundling a mini-OSSC/Framemeister into this device would be a waste of money for most people. It only really makes sense if this is the only old console you want to hook up to your HDMI-only modern TV.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Out of curiosity. Why is the av out on the back? The system combo is ridiculously deep and already hard to fit on anything but the deepest of shelves. Seems like having a cord stick out exacerbates the depth issue.

The Pc Engine, Core Grafx, and Core Grafx 2 are very small consoles. Combined with the Super Sd it's still not that big, probably the size of the Sega Saturn in length. So I don't understand what the issue is with the AV Out being in the back. I understand not everyone has the same setup and some prefer the sides. I personally don't like how my original Duo has the AV Out on the Side and not the back instead like most consoles do but It's not big deal, I learn to live with it. Some of these questions make my head hurt.

Last edited:

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
.cue files can be tricky to parse sometimes, as there are different variations, but we think we got all the current existing dumps covered, so far we aren't aware of any dumped game that fails to parse the .cue file (there were issues in the past).

So any of the dumps floating out there using that use .ape files for the audio tracks would be playable, correct?

I would just prefer to have some way to rig NeoCD roms to work on the NeoSD cart.

If the game was small enough to fit in the memory, I assume it could be possible...? The main problem is the size of CD audio tracks?

Last edited:

neodev

Neosd Tech
So any of the dumps floating out there using that use .ape files for the audio tracks would be playable, correct?

If the game was small enough to fit in the memory, I assume it could be possible...? The main problem is the size of CD audio tracks?

No, .ape is a compressed audio format. Only uncompressed audio (bin or wav) will be supported.

funkychimp

n00b
Hi,

Is anyone else having Credit Card issues. I'm trying to buy from the UK and get this error?

Screen Shot 2017-12-08 at 17.01.10.png]

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post.

Regards

funkychimp

Last edited:

neosd

Neosd Developer
Hi,

Is anyone else having Credit Card issues. I'm trying to buy form the UK and get this error?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post.

Regards

funkychimp

Hello,

Yes we are having issues caused by passing the daily sales limit BBVA has setup on the payment system.
I just checked your transaction number and its giving an error 9282, that means :

Operación detenida por superar el control de restricciones en la entrada al SIS. Es decir la operación está superando alguna de las restricciones para el control de fraude que el comercio tiene aplicadas.

Basically it says that its been blocked by passing some of the restrictions of the anti fraud system we have set (our bank just setup those)

We have contacted our bank and we are waiting for an answer, i don´t expect one until monday but you can try to buy again tomorrow cause if i am right, our daily sales limit will be reset tomorrow.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Last edited:

neosd

Neosd Developer
Thank you for the quick response :)

You are welcome,

BTW this could also be caused by you using a proxy or a vpn to purchase, or even trying to purchase with a credit card from outside of the country where it has been issued.

We just got a generic error, nothing else

haightc

n00b
Furrtek has been working on a NGCD ODE for a while now.

I based on what I looked at on Furrtek's twitter and website, it's still very much a WIP. My french isn't super great, but it looks like it's getting there though. I didn't see any reference to a purchase link. Unless you are talking about the upload cable, which from what I understand can only run small programs and homebrew. There is actually way more for me on the NeoGeo CD than AES. I don't really care for fighting games, so what I would want to play would be on MVS cartridges (puzzle bobble, aerofighters, alpha mission and metal slug). I can play all these plus exclusive title to the CD system, taking away the load times would remove the major pain point in the system.

dl1955

n00b
You are welcome,

BTW this could also be caused by you using a proxy or a vpn to purchase, or even trying to purchase with a credit card from outside of the country where it has been issued.

We just got a generic error, nothing else

I was getting same exact error as well. I'm from the US. I will try again after midnight tonight and cross my fingers. :)

Excited for this awesome Super CD.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Can you not use PayPal? Would make it easier for some of us to order.

Neosd has said no to paypal in the other projects thread...

I consider the paypal matter closed until Neosd says otherwise...

xROTx

BenG76

n00b
Neosd has said no to paypal in the other projects thread...

I consider the paypal matter closed until Neosd says otherwise...

xROTx

OK, cool. I was just curious. I realize it has caused issues for some people. Thanks for the reply.