PDA

View Full Version : PCE Super SD System 3 - Terraonion New Product (Dec 2017)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

cr4zymanz0r
03-12-2018, 03:56 PM
Looks like I picked the default/cheap "Correos" shipping method. I wonder how long that typically takes.

Rot
03-12-2018, 03:59 PM
Looks like I picked the default/cheap "Correos" shipping method. I wonder how long that typically takes.

8 months... cheapass....

NEXT question plz...

Yodd
03-12-2018, 04:08 PM

Expect 10 to 14 days or so.

atman
03-13-2018, 02:39 AM

I ordered my neoSD with correos, and it took exactly 5 workdays. (friday-friday)

Spain->Sweden that is.

K405
03-13-2018, 04:08 AM
Sweet, got my correos track and trace code as well. :)

atman
03-13-2018, 04:55 AM
Sweet, got my correos track and trace code as well. :)

Lucky you! :)

When did you order?

K405
03-13-2018, 06:18 AM
Lucky you! :)

When did you order?

08/12/2017

RAZO
03-13-2018, 06:36 AM
Got my UPS tracking number as well. Thank you for the conformation.

xterc
03-13-2018, 09:48 AM
I also received my UPS tracking #. Now the anticipation begins. Thank you to the TerraOnion team!

Dan Hero
03-13-2018, 12:10 PM
08/12/2017

Ah ok, ordered mine on 01/16/2018, time to sit and wait a little more.

fenikso
03-13-2018, 01:15 PM
Got my shipping notification, too. Very excited to finally be able to mess around with this!

RevQuixo
03-13-2018, 01:48 PM
I too am also in the mail with UPS...excitement growing.

atman
03-14-2018, 03:25 AM
Ah ok, ordered mine on 01/16/2018, time to sit and wait a little more.

Mine ordered 12/21/2017, still havent got my tracking# yet.
The big chunk of orders are on release day i assume..

Seren
03-14-2018, 04:45 AM
Mine ordered 12/21/2017, still havent got my tracking# yet.
The big chunk of orders are on release day i assume..

Does it really matter? You have waited this long, so waiting a while more will do no harm and there are still replacements to fulfil, which would take priority over new pending orders. Mine was ordered on the 15th Jan and I'm not in a rush, as there are other things to do in the meantime.

neosd
03-14-2018, 05:14 AM
Does it really matter? You have waited this long, so waiting a while more will do no harm and there are still replacements to fulfil, which would take priority over new pending orders. Mine was ordered on the 15th Jan and I'm not in a rush, as there are other things to do in the meantime.

Actually not,

I know this is going to be an unpopular decision, but replacements will have to wait to the end of the queue (at least if there are not a different issue than the RGB one).

I will try to explain why :

We have a huge lot of pending orders to ship and the customers that have a first version board can play with those units while the others donīt have an unit to play with

I know there is atleast one customer with an issue not related to RGB, this customer can contact us and get a replacement unit shipping his original unit back if he dosenīt wants to wait for USA shipping point.

The rest of the customers are going to wait until we ship all pending orders until last friday 9th have been shipped.

We need time :

- To ship all pending orders
- To finish our new website/webshop infraesdtructure.

We will coordinate this on the new forum, basically there will be a shipping point in usa where people in the states will be able to ship theyr units with a return label printed on the same packet.
To avoid confusions, we will make a web form to check if your board is afected and to create a pdf with the shipping label.

I just ask for patience, we have stock reserved for the first orders, to replace the pcbs, but we lack of time to do everything at the same time.

Again, patience please, wait for news, its a matter of weeks, not of months.

Let us work and stop hammering about that please

atman
03-14-2018, 10:07 AM

It does not matter. Just wanna get a sense for where in the queue I might be.

If it takes 4 days, 4 weeks, I dont really care.

Updates and information is a good thing, and I think Terraonion is good providing that.

Black_Tiger
03-14-2018, 10:37 AM
To give everyone an idea of how fast the UPS shipping is to North America:

I got shipping notification yesterday and today UPS gave me a heads up that they will be delivering it to my door tomorrow.

comp1demon
03-14-2018, 12:08 PM
Glad I went with UPS.

Dan Hero
03-14-2018, 12:23 PM
Yeah, got my Neo SD MVS with UPS too, two days later the package was delivered to my office in Italy.

neosd
03-14-2018, 12:31 PM
I can confirm that people who got SSDS3 shipped by monday with UPS, already got it delivered (in USA), cause i got delivery notifications today.

UPS is top, its a pitty they donīt want to give us better price for bigger quantities or we would drop correos for sure. They just say that they have as many customers as they want so they wonīt lower the prices.

donluca
03-14-2018, 02:41 PM
That's unbelievably arrogant. If a company told me something like that I would drop them for sure. I'd rather spend more out of my pockets than giving money to those assholes.

Provided that I've used UPS in the past and found their service top notch, I'll definitely make sure to steer away from them from now.

neosd
03-14-2018, 02:48 PM
That's unbelievably arrogant. If a company told me something like that I would drop them for sure. I'd rather spend more out of my pockets than giving money to those assholes.

Provided that I've used UPS in the past and found their service top notch, I'll definitely make sure to steer away from them from now.

I offered them to give them all our shipments if they would lower us the price of asia and usa shipments a bit so we would pay a part of the shipment and they would give us an equivalent disscount.
We would earn less, they would ship more and our customers would have a top service. They didnīt wanted

The main issue is shipping a packet to Asia or Oceania costs us 35 euros (correos takes 13,75 euros if i donīt remember bad), if they could lower it to 25 we would have dropped correos and put 18 euros or something like that as shippement.

They didnīt wanted to even listen my offer

To be precise, UPS salesman said : i got bigger customers than you and my bosses wont let me give them a better price than you have (i know this is a lie, but there is nothing i can do to change his mind, unfortunally), he said aswel that they didnīt wanted more volume, hard to believe ...

BTW, talking about UPS :

https://twitter.com/terraonion/status/974011328787599361

kogami
03-16-2018, 10:34 AM
It is still possible to place an order? Will there be enough stock for new orders?

neosd
03-16-2018, 11:02 AM
It is still possible to place an order? Will there be enough stock for new orders?

Hello,

We have stock and even more is coming,
We are not going to run out of stock for months BUT, there is a big shipping delay caused by the rgb issue, so we are not going to have stock for instant shipping for months (counting the new orders coming).

We are going to ship all orders by purchase order.

Thanks

kogami
03-16-2018, 11:17 AM
If I order in the evening, sending would be done by May at the latest?

neosd
03-16-2018, 11:35 AM
If I order in the evening, sending would be done by May at the latest?

I would say yes.

Thanks

xterc
03-16-2018, 07:11 PM
Mine came today and so far... excellent! Packaging is top-notch, menu system is super fast and RGB picture quality looks great on CRT & through the OSSC. I'm not sure we could ask for more.

Kid Panda
03-16-2018, 07:27 PM
Someone always asks for more.

Syn
03-16-2018, 07:32 PM
Someone always asks for more.

xterc could have taken more pics.

comp1demon
03-16-2018, 07:51 PM
What cable should I get for OSSC that supports the RGB out on the System 3?

Jibbajaba
03-16-2018, 07:58 PM
What cable should I get for OSSC that supports the RGB out on the System 3?

A Genesis 2 scart cable.

fille1976
03-17-2018, 05:35 AM
I have a question about that packapunch pro cable for pc engine,do they work fine in conjunction with ssds3.
I'm ordered a few cables there for snes-master system-n64-Md1,and they are perfekt sound and picture.
Or is it a special made cable?

neodev
03-17-2018, 06:03 AM
I have a question about that packapunch pro cable for pc engine,do they work fine in conjunction with ssds3.
I'm ordered a few cables there for snes-master system-n64-Md1,and they are perfekt sound and picture.
Or is it a special made cable?

We tried the packapunch cables (csync version) from retrogamingcables and they work great.

AlxUnderBase
03-17-2018, 06:18 AM
Sega Mega Drive 2 / Genesis 2 RGB SCART PACKAPUNCH PRO CABLE (RGC) --- AWESOME PRODUCTS THERE !

DaytimeDreamer
03-17-2018, 06:33 AM
If someone purchases an SS3 now, when will it be shipped? Approximately :)

Thanks guys.

xterc
03-17-2018, 06:35 AM
I order all my cables from RetroGamingCables even though I'm based in the states. The cable I ordered for the Super SD System Pro 3 is not the Packapunch version it is just the vanilla 'Sega Mega Drive 2 / Genesis 2 & 3 CDX 32X dbGrafx Booster TTP RGB AV SCART Cable'.

I have no noticeable noise and would recommend this cable.

Seren
03-17-2018, 07:01 AM

Thanks guys.

If you read above you would see an estimate.

neosd
03-17-2018, 07:01 AM

Thanks guys.

Honestly, i have no idea cause we have a lot of pending orders and in 10 days we have the spring break equivalent in Spain (Semana Santa), so UPS and correos will be closed.
We are trying to run as much as possible to get everything shipped asap. I been working 12 hours a day without stop for the last weeks, even saturdays and sundays, so you can imagime the level of stress we have.

I wonīt give dates to anyone, cause i donīt have life as today with all the pending work i got. I would say 7-8 weeks on worst scenario, but it dosenīt depends on us at all but on factories aswel (we got a nother batch coming in about 6 weeks)

Alex,

xterc
03-17-2018, 07:40 AM
Alex,

I know your team is small and no-one here wants to see you get burned out. Do you have intern programs in Spain? We have interns during the summer to help reduce the workload on our engineers, they don't get paid much, but they do garner great work experience which they can use on their resume/CV.

You have a customer for life from me.

fille1976
03-17-2018, 09:36 AM
We tried the packapunch cables (csync version) from retrogamingcables and they work great.

Thx neodev,then i'm gona order a bunch of new cables for my consoles next month.
Probably we have then also the info needed to send the board back to exchange it with the new rev.

comp1demon
03-17-2018, 11:24 AM
You guys stated that all orders up to March 7th would be shipped before the next batch came in. Anyone ordered after that date would have to wait for next batch coming soon. If my Order was before that cutoff date you gave, when should I expect it to ship?

neosd
03-17-2018, 12:06 PM
You guys stated that all orders up to March 7th would be shipped before the next batch came in. Anyone ordered after that date would have to wait for next batch coming soon. If my Order was before that cutoff date you gave, when should I expect it to ship?

Is that hard to understand that we dont know How many units we are going to be able to ship in a week ?
Resuming : i dont know
Resuming2 : we have units for everyone, we have submited a new order anticipating the demand we think we will have in the following weeks after YouTube reviews show

Calmn down and let us work please, every minute spent answering "when my order is going to be shipped" is a minute less put on serializing, mounting, validating, packing and shipping

Patience please

Black_Tiger
03-17-2018, 01:03 PM
I waited until now to post about my initial experience with the PCE Super SD System 3, because I wanted to have something factual to present, to discourage people from reporting problems that are likely not the result of the SSS3 itself.

When I first went to try out my SSS3 I was surprised to find that I don't have or have misplaced official power supplies for my white PC Engine, SuperGrafx and TurboGrafx-16. So I used one of those modern cheap Sega Genesis/SMS and NES 2-in-1 power supplies with my white PC Engine and SSS3. I also could only find csync Genesis/Mega Drive 2 scart cables with audio left/right breakout (by retrogamingcables).

I wound up with a worse version of the kind of lines and static that seemed to be the issue with the old board. Behind the lines was a color correct nice RGB image though. My PC Engine has an internal RGB mod and using that output produced a perfect picture. I didn't post about it here or anywhere, because I wasn't using a stock power supply and the audio breakout on the cable might also be a contributing factor.

Today I finally had time to find an official SMS power supply and using it with the same setup, all of the visual noise/static and strong lines are already gone. There is only faint diagonal jailbars, the kind you typically find with stock RGB for 240p consoles which actually output RGB without mods.

So I'm still not using the correct power supply and not the ideal scart cable, but the picture quality is already as good as or better than typical console stock RGB quality and much better than PC Engine RGB mods by people like doujindance.

I'm sure that there are still going to be people posting complaints online, saying that the RGB issue hasn't been fixed, neglecting to mention that they're using random power supplies or RGB cables. When I finish putting together an overview video of the SSS3, I'm going to include an uncut segment showing what happens when using a substitute power supply and then switch to an official one.

Everything else about it works great. I recommend unchecking "Boot To Last Game" until the In-Game Trigger is fixed (if it isn't already). I'm not making separate folders for games sorted by letter or favorites or anything. Navigation is so fast that it's not necessary.

FX Unit Yuki: The Henshin Engine works fine, but for some reason the redbook audio even at the lowest volumes, has some kind of reverb distortion, as though the volume is cranked all the way. Maybe ripping the pressed disc will produce something different? All ripped CD games I've tried so far, even mp3-to-wav conversions, sound normal.

This product is a dream come true and I can't wait till I've finish converting the rest of my mp3 isos to wav and loading the complete set onto the 256GB card I bought for it.

Thanks a lot Terraonion. :)

Syn
03-17-2018, 01:05 PM
If you're new, all the questions you're going to want to ask have been answered already.

Answering repeat questions ia taking away from neosd's valuable time. If he's not focused on the current task at hand, he's taking a much needed break.

Everyone is super excited but exercise some patience.

DaytimeDreamer
03-17-2018, 01:17 PM
Honestly, i have no idea cause we have a lot of pending orders and in 10 days we have the spring break equivalent in Spain (Semana Santa), so UPS and correos will be closed.
We are trying to run as much as possible to get everything shipped asap. I been working 12 hours a day without stop for the last weeks, even saturdays and sundays, so you can imagime the level of stress we have.

I wonīt give dates to anyone, cause i donīt have life as today with all the pending work i got. I would say 7-8 weeks on worst scenario, but it dosenīt depends on us at all but on factories aswel (we got a nother batch coming in about 6 weeks)

Alex,

That's fine :) Thanks for the detailed answer.

Yodd
03-17-2018, 03:08 PM
If you're new, all the questions you're going to want to ask have been answered already.

Answering repeat questions ia taking away from neosd's valuable time. If he's not focused on the current task at hand, he's taking a much needed break.

Everyone is super excited but exercise some patience.

Also, if you have a question, watch my entire review of the unit:

https://youtu.be/yLs9Y-o6vNo

It probably answers the majority of the questions people will ask.

neodev
03-17-2018, 03:20 PM
I waited until now to post about my initial experience with the PCE Super SD System 3, because I wanted to have something factual to present, to discourage people from reporting problems that are likely not the result of the SSS3 itself.

When I first went to try out my SSS3 I was surprised to find that I don't have or have misplaced official power supplies for my white PC Engine, SuperGrafx and TurboGrafx-16. So I used one of those modern cheap Sega Genesis/SMS and NES 2-in-1 power supplies with my white PC Engine and SSS3. I also could only find csync Genesis/Mega Drive 2 scart cables with audio left/right breakout (by retrogamingcables).

I wound up with a worse version of the kind of lines and static that seemed to be the issue with the old board. Behind the lines was a color correct nice RGB image though. My PC Engine has an internal RGB mod and using that output produced a perfect picture. I didn't post about it here or anywhere, because I wasn't using a stock power supply and the audio breakout on the cable might also be a contributing factor.

Today I finally had time to find an official SMS power supply and using it with the same setup, all of the visual noise/static and strong lines are already gone. There is only faint diagonal jailbars, the kind you typically find with stock RGB for 240p consoles which actually output RGB without mods.

So I'm still not using the correct power supply and not the ideal scart cable, but the picture quality is already as good as or better than typical console stock RGB quality and much better than PC Engine RGB mods by people like doujindance.

I'm sure that there are still going to be people posting complaints online, saying that the RGB issue hasn't been fixed, neglecting to mention that they're using random power supplies or RGB cables. When I finish putting together an overview video of the SSS3, I'm going to include an uncut segment showing what happens when using a substitute power supply and then switch to an official one.

Everything else about it works great. I recommend unchecking "Boot To Last Game" until the In-Game Trigger is fixed (if it isn't already). I'm not making separate folders for games sorted by letter or favorites or anything. Navigation is so fast that it's not necessary.

FX Unit Yuki: The Henshin Engine works fine, but for some reason the redbook audio even at the lowest volumes, has some kind of reverb distortion, as though the volume is cranked all the way. Maybe ripping the pressed disc will produce something different? All ripped CD games I've tried so far, even mp3-to-wav conversions, sound normal.

This product is a dream come true and I can't wait till I've finish converting the rest of my mp3 isos to wav and loading the complete set onto the 256GB card I bought for it.

Thanks a lot Terraonion. :)

I'll take a look at that game sound.

Also remember that even with in-game trigger disabled, holding Run while powering the console on will load the menu.

cr4zymanz0r
03-17-2018, 03:50 PM
Here's one thing I wonder. Some hucard games support saving, which I assume would obviously save as normal to the SD card when loading from the Super SD System 3.
However, what if I use the actual physical hucard? Will it still save to the SD card as a generic name or shared file, or can it simply not save when using the actual hucard?

neodev
03-17-2018, 03:57 PM
Here's one thing I wonder. Some hucard games support saving, which I assume would obviously save as normal to the SD card when loading from the Super SD System 3.
However, what if I use the actual physical hucard? Will it still save to the SD card as a generic name or shared file, or can it simply not save when using the actual hucard?

It will load/save from a file named backup.bup.

Black_Tiger
03-17-2018, 04:01 PM
I'll take a look at that game sound.

Also remember that even with in-game trigger disabled, holding Run while powering the console on will load the menu.

Thanks, I couldn't remember what that shortcut was and didn't see it in the manual. :)

Don't worry about FX Unit Yuki, it won't be released as a pressed disc for a few weeks. I was using the beta/gold version files.

comp1demon
03-17-2018, 04:23 PM
Thanks for making me want this to arrive even faster now....

GohanX
03-17-2018, 06:11 PM
Black Tiger, throw that 3 in 1 adapter in the trash, it's garbage. If your SMS adapter is from the original system it should be fine for the pce, if it's from the SMS2 it might not have quite enough juice to power a pce since it's only 500 mAh.

Jibbajaba
03-17-2018, 07:53 PM
Black Tiger, throw that 3 in 1 adapter in the trash, it's garbage. If your SMS adapter is from the original system it should be fine for the pce, if it's from the SMS2 it might not have quite enough juice to power a pce since it's only 500 mAh.

This is the best third-party replacement Genesis/SMS/PC Engine/Jaguar/Etc. adapter that I have found. Link. (http://bit.ly/2FRNaxo)

Jameco also sells AC adapters that you can use for other systems. I have three; the one I linked to, a 9VAC adapter for my NES, and a 5V adapter for my OSSC. These are good-quality adapters, not the cheap pieces of shit that you get off of eBay or Amazon.

GohanX
03-17-2018, 10:27 PM
.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180318/de0755bf2e9242e048da22873c05aecf.jpg

DoDonpachi
03-18-2018, 08:48 AM
I received my unit on friday and I am super happy with it. Absolutly worth the wait.
one question: On the downright corner where your Company Logo is, will it be possible in the future to put there a *.png file with a screenshot or covershot from the selected game?

RAZO
03-18-2018, 08:49 AM
I received my unit on friday and I am super happy with it. Absolutly worth the wait.
one question: On the downright corner where your Company Logo is, will it be possible in the future to put there a *.png file with a screenshot or covershot from the selected game?

Yes, NeoSd mentioned that already.

RAZO
03-18-2018, 08:56 AM
I haven't had much time to play my SSD3 but so far everything has been good. Rgb picture looks great, it sounds great, and every CD file/folder I've thrown at it so far works without any issues.

DoDonpachi
03-18-2018, 09:02 AM
Yes, NeoSd mentioned that already.

Thanks Razo.

neosd
03-18-2018, 09:20 AM

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/GameDbManager-3.zip

Use that tool for that, its still beta ...

It just scans for your games on the microsd, it creates pictures and metadata on a database file (at the microsd)

K405
03-18-2018, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the tool, will give it a go. :)

neodev
03-18-2018, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the tool, will give it a go. :)

There is not much info on how it works, it's still being worked on.
You usually just need to open the tool, then press "Scan Roms", and point to your SD card root directory, it will scan all files and directories in the sd (including subdirectories) and will create a file named "games.db" that is what the firmware reads in each dir. This file contains the genre, year and an screenshot for each game in your directory.

More advanced uses include adding new games. Just go to the end of the list and an empty line will appear, write a name, year, and genre, then press the button in the "hashes" column and point to your rom or cue file, it will create a hash for the game.
To add or modify a screenshot, you need to create them in png, 64x64 pixels with as little colors as possible (preferred palettized format), then choose that image by pressing the button in the "screenshot" column, and then press "Convert Imgs", this will convert the png to pce format tilemap and palettes. Colors will be reduced to try to fit the palettes, so it might change the image a bit. Also, observe the black console image for errors during conversion, sometimes the software can't reduce the palette enough to fit the available palettes, so you'll need to reduce your png colors and try again.

For linux and mac users, it's a .NET application so you'll need Mono installed to run it. The UI doesn't work fine (on linux it just shows an empty list, on Mac it just crashes) but you can run it in command line to do the image conversion and sd scanning, and it works, I just can't remember the parameters :), that'll be properly explained once it's finished.

The tool includes a database for almost all known cdroms and hucards, and in different versions (US bitswapped, with and without header) but the genre, year and screenshots aren't complete yet.

X68
03-18-2018, 12:30 PM
Cheers for the tool =]
I ran it and had errors on two cd images, I tried those cd games and they wouldn't boot so I grabbed them from a couple of different places - still won't boot.
Maybe bad images or compatibility bug? Games are CD Maajan Bishoujo Chuushinha (NTSC-J) [GED-1010] and Battle Field '94 in Tokyo Dome (NTSC-J) [FCCD4001]
Both run in ootake OK tho

neodev
03-18-2018, 12:45 PM
Cheers for the tool =]
I ran it and had errors on two cd images, I tried those cd games and they wouldn't boot so I grabbed them from a couple of different places - still won't boot.
Maybe bad images or compatibility bug? Games are CD Maajan Bishoujo Chuushinha (NTSC-J) [GED-1010] and Battle Field '94 in Tokyo Dome (NTSC-J) [FCCD4001]
Both run in ootake OK tho

The tool uses mostly the same cue parsing code than the firmware so if it fails to process it, it's highly likely that the firmware will also fail.
I've played battlefield 94, so it's likely a .cue issue. Can you paste your .cue to pastebin or some other text sharing website?
Also, what was the error shown by the tool?

X68
03-18-2018, 01:17 PM
Nice one thanks =]
Both had same problem with the cue FILE "I:\BATTLE_FIELD_'94_IN_TOKYO_DOME_(NTSC-J)_[FCCD4001].ISO" BINARY
Removed I:\ and all sorted both working OK ;)

Black_Tiger
03-18-2018, 02:42 PM
I finished unzipping and converting a "complete" set of Turbo/PCE isos. Often a Japanese version is not included if there is an English version of a game. Some demos are included. It seems to be as complete as can be expected for commercial releases, except Daisenryaku II is missing. It currently totals 438 discs and takes up 174GB. So a 256GB sd card has plenty of room for published homebrew, hacks and translations.

Opening the folder of CD games in the SSS3 menu takes 13 seconds and then navigating through them is as fast as folders of any format or size. My HuCard rom folder has 768 files, is 218MB in size and takes a split second to open. It includes translations, sound roms, hes files and misc demos.

Traditional sound roms don't usually work with the SSS3, but some do. Sound roms made by Deflemask that I've tried have not worked. Hes files don't show up in the list. Tom's adpcm example roms, which are decoded by the PC Engine's cpu and not the IFU chip, play fine. So for now, the Turbo Everdrive is still relevant for its ability to play chiptune rips. But it's still much easier to navigate through HuCard roms on the SSS3.

I'd resisted stretching out my SSS3 by trying it on my unmodified TG-16 until today. After spending a lot of time using it with my white PC Engine, I noticed a lot more static/lines/misc across picture when a CD game was loading or certain processes were happening during games of any kind. During typical gameplay segments though, there was only the minimal jailbars I described before. This PC Engine has an RGB mod which produces a picture as perfect as I've seen with various video mods performed by various people. It also has a region switch mod.

When I tried the SS3 with my unmodified TurboGrafx-16 (and SMS psu), I found none of those picture issues during processes and the in-game jailbars are pretty much invisible while the screen is moving. Knowing exactly what a stronger version of them looks like makes them more apparent to me, but they're still difficult to pick out at first, even when a game is paused.

This is why I wanted to report imperfections with a disclaimer about the setups I was trying. Many people take recommended settings as an "excuse" for problems with a product. I've already narrowed down not only a range of issues from using a cheap power supply and possibly unoptimal RGB cable, but it now seems that a jailbar fix, RGB or region switch mods are also the cause of picture quality degradation.

I'm probably going to go back to my original plan of getting an umodified CoreGrafx with stock power supply to use withe SSS3 and a Packapunch MD2 cable without audio breakout. I'll just use a TED with my modded SuperGrafx when I feel like playing SGX games.

This is the best third-party replacement Genesis/SMS/PC Engine/Jaguar/Etc. adapter that I have found. Link. (http://bit.ly/2FRNaxo)

Jameco also sells AC adapters that you can use for other systems. I have three; the one I linked to, a 9VAC adapter for my NES, and a 5V adapter for my OSSC. These are good-quality adapters, not the cheap pieces of shit that you get off of eBay or Amazon.

Thanks a lot. SMS and model 1 Genesis ac adaptors have always been very hard to find locally and all of my official SMS and Mark III psus cut out when the cord is bent a certain way.

neodev
03-18-2018, 03:43 PM
I finished unzipping and converting a "complete" set of Turbo/PCE isos. Often a Japanese version is not included if there is an English version of a game. Some demos are included. It seems to be as complete as can be expected for commercial releases, except Daisenryaku II is missing. It currently totals 438 discs and takes up 174GB. So a 256GB sd card has plenty of room for published homebrew, hacks and translations.

Opening the folder of CD games in the SSS3 menu takes 13 seconds and then navigating through them is as fast as folders of any format or size. My HuCard rom folder has 768 files, is 218MB in size and takes a split second to open. It includes translations, sound roms, hes files and misc demos.

Traditional sound roms don't usually work with the SSS3, but some do. Sound roms made by Deflemask that I've tried have not worked. Hes files don't show up in the list. Tom's adpcm example roms, which are decoded by the PC Engine's cpu and not the IFU chip, play fine. So for now, the Turbo Everdrive is still relevant for its ability to play chiptune rips. But it's still much easier to navigate through HuCard roms on the SSS3.

I'd resisted stretching out my SSS3 by trying it on my unmodified TG-16 until today. After spending a lot of time using it with my white PC Engine, I noticed a lot more static/lines/misc across picture when a CD game was loading or certain processes were happening during games of any kind. During typical gameplay segments though, there was only the minimal jailbars I described before. This PC Engine has an RGB mod which produces a picture as perfect as I've seen with various video mods performed by various people. It also has a region switch mod.

When I tried the SS3 with my unmodified TurboGrafx-16 (and SMS psu), I found none of those picture issues during processes and the in-game jailbars are pretty much invisible while the screen is moving. Knowing exactly what a stronger version of them looks like makes them more apparent to me, but they're still difficult to pick out at first, even when a game is paused.

This is why I wanted to report imperfections with a disclaimer about the setups I was trying. Many people take recommended settings as an "excuse" for problems with a product. I've already narrowed down not only a range of issues from using a cheap power supply and possibly unoptimal RGB cable, but it now seems that a jailbar fix, RGB or region switch mods are also the cause of picture quality degradation.

I'm probably going to go back to my original plan of getting an umodified CoreGrafx with stock power supply to use withe SSS3 and a Packapunch MD2 cable without audio breakout. I'll just use a TED with my modded SuperGrafx when I feel like playing SGX games.

Thanks a lot. SMS and model 1 Genesis ac adaptors have always been very hard to find locally and all of my official SMS and Mark III psus cut out when the cord is bent a certain way.

About the non working sound roms, could you list a couple of the non working ones? So I can try and fix it. It's probably caused by the loader. Not mapping the different rom areas properly.

Loading the cd directories takes more time because the firmware enters each directory checking if there is a cue file to show as game instead of as directory.

comp1demon
03-18-2018, 05:38 PM
About the non working sound roms, could you list a couple of the non working ones? So I can try and fix it. It's probably caused by the loader. Not mapping the different rom areas properly.

Loading the cd directories takes more time because the firmware enters each directory checking if there is a cue file to show as game instead of as directory.

Perhaps in the future this could be cleaned up by having a Scan once feature that saves to a file on the SDcard. SO when you load your SD card up it scans only once for the CUE files and the directory list is saved for each time you boot so it is then instant. If a person adds more folders to the CD portion of their list they can go into settings and re-scan and update their list file. It would save gamers over a minute of waiting for each 5 games they play.

Yodd
03-18-2018, 06:53 PM
I think an easier way to deal with this is to sort your cd games in sub folders. USA, Japanese, Translations and etc.

Dumping hundreds and hundreds of Cd image folders in one folder seems ridiculous.

comp1demon
03-18-2018, 07:05 PM
I think an easier way to deal with this is to sort your cd games in sub folders. USA, Japanese, Translations and etc.

Dumping hundreds and hundreds of Cd image folders in one folder seems ridiculous.

I agree that users should be more organized and they should be subfoldering their games as you suggested, but that doesn't change the fact that if you have 450+ CD games on a SD card, regardless of how many subdirectories there are, the System 3 is still going to scan for the 450+ CUEs like Black Tiger said it does (and NEOSD confirmed). So every time you reset or start up the system it is going to take 13 seconds before the list comes up. That 13 seconds can add up over time.

IF there was a feature in the options that said "Scan CD GAMES LIST" and it took the 13 seconds to scan the 450+ cue files in each folder and then created a list to pick your game from on the select screen and that list was then saved to a file it would eliminate unnecessary rescans if nothing changed.. The next time you reset or start the system again, tabbing over to the CD GAMES menu will instantly show the list and the system 3 does not have to take 13 seconds to scan all 450+ folders for CUE files again. This would be adequate enough for anyone adding large amounts of CD games to a SD card even if it is not an entire library only once in a blue moon. If and when they decide to add more, those new games will not show up in the menu right away until you go back into options and ask the SYSTEM 3 to rescan the 450+ folders and subfolders (So it finds all the new content) looking for all the CUE files again. It then creates a new list file and overwrites the old one. So you only waste up to 13 seconds when you are adding new games to the SD card not each time you reset or start.

What do you think?

toaks
03-18-2018, 08:32 PM
I agree that users should be more organized and they should be subfoldering their games as you suggested, but that doesn't change the fact that if you have 450+ CD games on a SD card, regardless of how many subdirectories there are, the System 3 is still going to scan for the 450+ CUEs like Black Tiger said it does (and NEOSD confirmed). So every time you reset or start up the system it is going to take 13 seconds before the list comes up. That 13 seconds can add up over time.

IF there was a feature in the options that said "Scan CD GAMES LIST" and it took the 13 seconds to scan the 450+ cue files in each folder and then created a list to pick your game from on the select screen and that list was then saved to a file it would eliminate unnecessary rescans if nothing changed.. The next time you reset or start the system again, tabbing over to the CD GAMES menu will instantly show the list and the system 3 does not have to take 13 seconds to scan all 450+ folders for CUE files again. This would be adequate enough for anyone adding large amounts of CD games to a SD card even if it is not an entire library only once in a blue moon. If and when they decide to add more, those new games will not show up in the menu right away until you go back into options and ask the SYSTEM 3 to rescan the 450+ folders and subfolders (So it finds all the new content) looking for all the CUE files again. It then creates a new list file and overwrites the old one. So you only waste up to 13 seconds when you are adding new games to the SD card not each time you reset or start.

What do you think?

Perhaps an option to toggle automatic scans on and off along with a button for manual scans?

decimata
03-18-2018, 08:39 PM
TECHNICAL ISSUE PLEASE HELP: I got the Super System 3, plug it into an american Turbografx 16, the original HUE cards work fine via the RGB output of the unit. But if I turn on the console with no HUE card and a SD card FAT 32 with roms on it, I get nothing but a blank gray screen....

I've got to be doing something wrong, any ideas?

Yodd
03-18-2018, 09:43 PM

What do you think?

I think you misunderstood neodev's answer and my solution to the problem.

SSDS3 reads the folder and it's subfolders for cue files, NOT the entire SD card.

Example:

I have a folder on the root of my SD card with 131 JP CD and SCD games. SSDS3 takes approx. 2 seconds to read the contents of that folder. A different folder on the root of that SD card with approx 53 US CD and SCD games takes about .5 seconds to read.

So basically what I was implying earlier was this: Create on the root on your SD card folders for different categories. JP CD games, US CD Games, Games Express CD, Translated CD and etc. Don't just dump them all in one folder or even in subfolders of one folder. Trying to find a specific game in a folder with 500 CD games in it sounds like a exercise in frustration. This is especially true as I find the font used by the SSDS3 somewhat hard to read when there are massive amounts of games with similar names.

So organize your games via a few folders in the root of the SD card. Problem solved.

Raph4
03-19-2018, 01:00 AM
GUI is a bit slow, but nice begin.
-> Keep user resize Window.

If you use .Net I can help you if you want. I'm author of 3 software (systempixel.fr).

SNK_Pro
03-19-2018, 01:39 AM
While there are a ton of great PCE CD-Rom games, there certainly aren’t 450 of them. I don’t really get ROM hoarding of games you’ll never play, then complain it takes 13 seconds to read them all, as if 13 seconds is even a big deal. Delete some of the garbage you’ll never touch, read time’s reduced, problem solved.

Fuckwit1200
03-19-2018, 01:48 AM
^^ no-intro is one reason.
and nothing beats having a fullset in one space, what with the size of static media cards today. :D

neosd
03-19-2018, 04:08 AM
TECHNICAL ISSUE PLEASE HELP: I got the Super System 3, plug it into an american Turbografx 16, the original HUE cards work fine via the RGB output of the unit. But if I turn on the console with no HUE card and a SD card FAT 32 with roms on it, I get nothing but a blank gray screen....

I've got to be doing something wrong, any ideas?

Hello,

Check that Super SD System 3 is well inserted, if you boot the console without a sd card and Super SD System 3 well inserted you will get a message telling the miscrod is not inserted.
Check if you have any bended pins on the expansion port.

What power supply are you using ?

neodev
03-19-2018, 04:57 AM

What do you think?

I have a few ideas for caching the game lists, and detecting changes, but they need to be implemented. Something similar to the games.db files that we currently use for screenshots.

As Todd says, the entire SD is not scanned every time, just the current directory, and then for each directory in the current one, it's checked if there is a .cue file there, but it doesn't go deeper, so splitting the games in directories make the scanning faster.

Raph4
03-19-2018, 07:20 AM
yes, create little database file and put "scan game / new game" only on-demande.
It's useless detect change on each start.

sdekaar
03-19-2018, 08:32 AM
@neosd I apologize in advance for my question ... currently I would like to know at what order'date you are at the level of sending. I saw here that some people who ordered 08/12 received their sss. thanks by advance

MobiusStripTech
03-19-2018, 08:46 AM
@neosd I apologize in advance for my question ... currently I would like to know at what order'date you are at the level of sending. I saw here that some people who ordered 08/12 received their sss. thanks by advance

I'm going to reply for NeoSD and neodev. You will get it when you get it. Every time people ask this question it's just a waste of their time. Sit back. Relax. You will get the device and they will send you a tracking number when it's ready.

Is it really that hard to understand stop asking about queues?

Dan Hero
03-19-2018, 09:10 AM

Guys have shipped 140 units last week and have another 40 ready for today. Moreover, they said they're planning to ship 30 units per day. This is simply crazy, so just be patient mon ami, dunno when you placed your order, but it looks like a matter of days.

fille1976
03-19-2018, 12:26 PM

https://retrogamesupply.com/

greedostick
03-19-2018, 03:21 PM
While there are a ton of great PCE CD-Rom games, there certainly aren’t 450 of them. I don’t really get ROM hoarding of games you’ll never play, then complain it takes 13 seconds to read them all, as if 13 seconds is even a big deal. Delete some of the garbage you’ll never touch, read time’s reduced, problem solved.

The real question is why do you need every game? Most are unplayable if you don't understand japanese. I picked up a 64GB card and got every must own game on there along with a few translations. Only used about 36 gigs of space. Even then I still have some turds on there I will likely never play again like Exile WP. Would probably take a year to complete all those if I played turbo exclusively every night for like a year.

I feel like having so many games on these flash carts is just an annoyance. Longer to load up, endless navigating through folders just to find something, and never sticking to one game cause you want to try everything.

Just get the best games and if you ever beat em all add a few more. Doubt you ever will.

I

torgo100
03-20-2018, 08:55 AM
OMG! Just got my shipping notice!!!!!!

Can't wait!

Black_Tiger
03-20-2018, 10:48 AM

I never complained about load times, just the opposite. I'm happy with 13 seconds or much longer for a single game to flash on the the NeoSD. 180GB in 13 seconds is amazing and better than I ever expected.

I'm helping benchmark the limits of what anyone could expect. I'm not a typical user and I do actually use every game and play through many with the toughest gajin protection. The average non-Japanese speaking player will only ever need at most 1/4 as many CD games on their SSS3.

I wouldn't expect most people to keep all of their CD games in a single folder, but it's what works for my needs and one of the points I was making is that I personally have no trouble finding particular games in a second of two. It's much faster than trying to get to a HuCard rom using any existing PC Engine flashcarts.

neosd
03-20-2018, 11:04 AM
I never complained about load times, just the opposite. I'm happy with 13 seconds or much longer for a single game to flash on the the NeoSD. 180GB in 13 seconds is amazing and better than I ever expected.

I'm helping benchmark the limits of what anyone could expect. I'm not a typical user and I do actually use every game and play through many with the toughest gajin protection. The average non-Japanese speaking player will only ever need at most 1/4 as many CD games on their SSS3.

I wouldn't expect most people to keep all of their CD games in a single folder, but it's what works for my needs and one of the points I was making is that I personally have no trouble finding particular games in a second of two. It's much faster than trying to get to a HuCard rom using any existing PC Engine flashcarts.

I have to admit that i am one of those that feels the need to have every single version of a game on a flashcart.

I know this is some kind of issue on my mind, i even store games that i have finished.

BTW, we have shipped 85 Super SD System 3 since yesterday. Tonite a lot of people will get tracking from yesterdayīs Correos shipment (i will get those tonite at 22:00 and i plan to add it to the webshop)

BTW2 : please, stop sending emails asking "when my order will be shipped", "i bought last sunday, when my order will be shipped", "you said you would ship in 6 weeks and 6 weeks have passed, where is my shipment ?"

After working the entire weekend and 16 hours a day, day after day, my soul gets destroyed reading such emails on saturday, on sunday, on monday morning. Some poeple even send a seccond email after not getting an answer of such emails the day after.

Sorry, we are not going to answer any email about "when are you going to ship my order", every minute spent on that is a minute less spent on shipping. The flood we are getting with such emails is affecting tech support aswel, its hard to spot what an important email is and what an email asking for shipment date is.

We are unable to give shipment dates cause we donīt know, we are just shipping.

I wont be rude but i am tired about work so many hours and see those emails day after day, hour after hour.

torgo100
03-20-2018, 11:51 AM
Do what you can. I actually stopped checking this thread because it was getting me too excited for it. Quite thrilled that mine shipped, ans I can't wait to start using it!

Dan Hero
03-20-2018, 12:05 PM
the only proposal I can suggest is, when somebody receives his shipping note and wants to share the awesomeness here, then he specify the day he ordered the unit, so the others can see what progress has been made, without emailing Terraonion.

MobiusStripTech
03-20-2018, 12:14 PM
The better proposal is for anyone who orders to just chill out and wait. If that's not possible maybe cryogenically freeze yourself until it arrives?

It's not a matter of life and death, except for Silva but he made sure he lost his chance. If you want one, place an order, load up an sd card, and go about the rest of your life.

Rot
03-20-2018, 12:29 PM
I'm here....

Alex and his team are working 14 hours a day PLUS....

I would SUGGEST a more considered... patient approach... and you'll get your order...

This is NOT a NG.dev situation... where people paid $600usd plus and are still waiting after 3 years....

So i'd advise our memberbase to consider the fact that I am currently chilling the fuck out... after my recent decisions and battles on this forum.... BUT as everyone knows....

It doesn't really take much to irritate me into action....

xROTx

TuSecsy
03-20-2018, 01:41 PM
I have to admit that i am one of those that feels the need to have every single version of a game on a flashcart.

I know this is some kind of issue on my mind, i even store games that i have finished.

BTW, we have shipped 85 Super SD System 3 since yesterday. Tonite a lot of people will get tracking from yesterdayīs Correos shipment (i will get those tonite at 22:00 and i plan to add it to the webshop)

BTW2 : please, stop sending emails asking "when my order will be shipped", "i bought last sunday, when my order will be shipped", "you said you would ship in 6 weeks and 6 weeks have passed, where is my shipment ?"

After working the entire weekend and 16 hours a day, day after day, my soul gets destroyed reading such emails on saturday, on sunday, on monday morning. Some poeple even send a seccond email after not getting an answer of such emails the day after.

Sorry, we are not going to answer any email about "when are you going to ship my order", every minute spent on that is a minute less spent on shipping. The flood we are getting with such emails is affecting tech support aswel, its hard to spot what an important email is and what an email asking for shipment date is.

We are unable to give shipment dates cause we donīt know, we are just shipping.

I wont be rude but i am tired about work so many hours and see those emails day after day, hour after hour.

Just type up a form letter explaining the situation and ctrl-v it to everybody who complains or asks. Not complicated.

If you can't wait patiently for first gen video game tech like this you're a fuckin idiot and don't deserve it, to put it bluntly.

Side note, does anyone have a list of CD games that are both playable (not complete shovelware), and don't require japanese?

Seems to be like 10% of the library? I can't be bothered with most of this bullshit...

neosd
03-20-2018, 01:53 PM
the only proposal I can suggest is, when somebody receives his shipping note and wants to share the awesomeness here, then he specify the day he ordered the unit, so the others can see what progress has been made, without emailing Terraonion.

yes, great idea, to put people nervous and get more preasure over my shoulders,

Just what i need now, it helps a lot

Raph4
03-22-2018, 05:28 AM
Someone try to sells his SSDS3 on eBay :(
https://www.ebay.fr/itm/Super-SD-System-3/253447623042

GadgetUK
03-22-2018, 05:55 AM

There's always a douche bag or two...

neosd
03-22-2018, 06:28 AM

if i find who is him, he is not going to purchase anything else from us again.

If someone can helps on finding who is him, this would be useful

Raph4
03-22-2018, 06:43 AM
If can help, this person has sell NeoSD AES too:
https://feedback.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=vintagetxeaeh&ftab=AllFeedback

"NEOSD AES - Neo Geo AES Flash Cart ( Includes Pastic Shell + Sticker) (nš253410809825)"
for 550€...

Razoola
03-22-2018, 06:57 AM
I have had to report this seller in the past for selling fake Universe Bios.

greatfunky
03-22-2018, 07:08 AM
That kind of guy probably who was selling overpriced nes and snes mini ....

AlxUnderBase
03-22-2018, 08:16 AM
Guys ... is the same ... is one from Spain , from Bilbao who sell it on ebay ... maybe the Terraonion Team knows about the Bilbao customers ! ... "vintagetxeaeh" ... so ... it's just one ... a guy from Bilbao

-> https://www.ebay.com/itm/253447623042?ViewItem=&item=253447623042

neosd
03-22-2018, 08:26 AM
Guys ... is the same ... is one from Spain , from Bilbao who sell it on ebay ... maybe the Terraonion Team knows about the Bilbao customers ! (the same guy ... "vintagetxeaeh" sell on ebay.fr also sell on ebay.com) ... so ... it's just one ... a guy from Bilbao

-> https://www.ebay.com/itm/253447623042?ViewItem=&item=253447623042

I just checked it, we havenīt shipped any Super SD System 3 to Bilbao or any region near of Bilbao (200kms from Bilbao).

He is using a fake address or he dosenīt has it in stock and he is selling in advance.

If i find any Super SD System 3 order from Bilbao on the queue, i am going to send it to the end of the queue.

If anyone can give more details, it would be great.

I donīt care about people reselling our products on ebay, but i donīt like to see someone taking vantage of our shipping delay situation to make money.

Raph4
03-22-2018, 09:17 AM
I received mine this afternoon.
Mr Oizo and me thanks NeoSD from France :D

https://i.imgur.com/bw6TwG5.jpg
edited picture

Now it's time to buy better SCART cable.

Edit: How register serial on neosdstore ?
Look like not working for SSDS3

Yodd
03-22-2018, 09:28 AM
LMAO

:lolz:

neosd
03-22-2018, 09:53 AM
I received mine this afternoon.
Mr Oizo and me thanks NeoSD from France :D

https://i.imgur.com/bw6TwG5.jpg
edited picture

Now it's time to buy better SCART cable.

Edit: How register serial on neosdstore ?
Look like not working for SSDS3

Hello,

Super SD System 3 still hasnīt been added to downloads section, the whole website is being reworked as we speak.

BTW have we shipped your SSDS3 by Correos? if so, could you tell me how much time it took (just curious)

BTW 2 : we are working on dropping Correos and replacing it with DHL, i spent 3 hours today copying trackings by hand, Correos is no longer apropiated for our shipments amount.

Alex,

Raph4
03-22-2018, 10:02 AM
not Correos, but DHL. Shipped 20 march, received 2 days after (DHL fast shipping).

atman
03-22-2018, 10:06 AM
I ordered a neoSD with Correos.

Spain -> Sweden, 5 workdays (friday to friday)

neosd
03-22-2018, 10:11 AM
not Correos, but DHL. Shipped 20 march, received 2 days after (DHL fast shipping).

we still havenīt shipped any with DHL, i wonder if Correos gave the packets to DHL ...

Alex,

MobiusStripTech
03-22-2018, 10:53 AM
When I got mine through Correos it was a solid 2 weeks to the US.

SNK_Pro
03-22-2018, 11:52 AM
Five days to the UK.

pixeljunkie
03-22-2018, 12:11 PM
we still havenīt shipped any with DHL, i wonder if Correos gave the packets to DHL ...

Alex,

I feel like when I got my NeoSD it was from DHL and I did go with Correos on that one as well. So, yeah I think they get handed off to them maybe.

neosd
03-22-2018, 01:22 PM
I have signed a contract with DHL today, i was going to sign it before but i had to stop all company operations due shipments.

Yesterday i shipped another batch with correos and they didnīt wanted to provide me receipts for the last shipments (about 120) in a way i could enter tracking numbers into the webshop. So i decided to call DHL today and sign the contract i had pending since 2 weeks ago.

So, next tuesday we will resume all pending correos shipments with DHL instead of Correos (our DHL account will be ready tuesday, in the meanwhile we will be shipping UPS and packling DHL shipments)

Those that have purchased from South America will keep the Correos shipment cause i know theyr customs sux and they would be rapped with DHL, for the rest : goodbye Correos, welcome DHL, we will see how good the change is.

Price for the shipment will rise 3 euros, UPS prices will stay the same way (no price rising), so we are going to have :

UPS
DHL

Goodbye Correos, i got tired about spending 3 hours writting tracking numbers by hand, not receiveng proper shipment receipts and so.

Alex,

GadgetUK
03-22-2018, 02:00 PM
Great move on the shipping! Maybe someone could ask what the serial number is on that eBay unit - if they provide one it could be traced via Terra Onion to work out who paid for it. I bet they don't even have one yet.

Relikk
03-22-2018, 02:57 PM
Just for reference, my order was given to Correos on the 12th, shipped on the 14th, but I haven't received it yet. There has been no updates on the tracking page since then. There was a bank holiday here this past Monday for St. Patricks Day and that has probably delayed any post by an extra day, but I find it really hard to believe that anything should take longer than a week to get from Spain to Ireland by post. It's a 2-3 hour flight away.

I don't mind, really. I'm not frustrated as I know I'll get it eventually.

yoshi41
03-22-2018, 02:58 PM
Really cool device. :cool:

Got it last week. Everything I played so far works perfect.

Thanks a lot for your work!

Even the Star Parodier crew already knew, the final device will arrive sometimes in the future. :lolz:

Aeana
03-22-2018, 02:59 PM
With all of these shipping changes, and the talk about changing the site around, I was wondering if I should wait to place an order. Is transit time with the cheaper shipping estimated to go down with the change to DHL?

Kid Panda
03-22-2018, 03:01 PM

Even the Star Parodier crew already knew, the final device will arrive sometimes in the future. :lolz:

That's the Tennokoe bank :oh_no:

yoshi41
03-22-2018, 03:04 PM
That's the Tennokoe bank :oh_no:
No, just no. ;)

neosd
03-22-2018, 04:04 PM
With all of these shipping changes, and the talk about changing the site around, I was wondering if I should wait to place an order. Is transit time with the cheaper shipping estimated to go down with the change to DHL?

since today we are going to ship every order that hasnīt been purchased with UPS, by DHL. Even if you order with Correos, you will get DHL.
The reason is that Correos is a complete waste of time to us, they lack of a way to process big quantities of packets at the same time and to give us trackings back in a way to insert those into the database. I tried to work with them but they are just not prepared for that

takeshi385
03-22-2018, 04:45 PM
I am currently having issues with my super sd system 3. I am getting graphical issue and games are failing to load. I am using turbografx 16 with a gametechus region mod. Normal hu card games work fine through the slot. Is it possible my region mod is causing issues?

neosd
03-22-2018, 05:03 PM
I am currently having issues with my super sd system 3. I am getting graphical issue and games are failing to load. I am using turbografx 16 with a gametechus region mod. Normal hu card games work fine through the slot. Is it possible my region mod is causing issues?

What psu are you using ?

Is the Super SD System 3 firmly plugged.

I personally try every unit with World Heroes2 before shipping to spot any issue, so chances are that is something related to your setup.

With the quality control we have, its really hard that an unit with issues is shipped.

About gametechus region mod : i totally donīt know how this mod is, never seen it before.

takeshi385
03-22-2018, 05:20 PM
I'm using a custom psu made from a sony 10v 1.4A dc power supply so that shouldn't be the issue. I believe the region mod is mux based. I'm hoping I won't have to buy a cheap pc engine.

MobiusStripTech
03-22-2018, 05:21 PM
It would be really interesting if the region mod was related. It is extremely popular, especially for the duo systems.

The region mod installs a chip on the hucard slot that will flip between US and Japan regions. It seems unlikely to me that the region mod would cause an issue since the card slot isn't being accessed.

One thing you could try is using the CD system card bin for the opposite region and see if that has any effect.

neosd
03-22-2018, 05:27 PM
It would be really interesting if the region mod was related. It is extremely popular, especially for the duo systems.

The region mod installs a chip on the hucard slot that will flip between US and Japan regions. It seems unlikely to me that the region mod would cause an issue since the card slot isn't being accessed.

One thing you could try is using the CD system card bin for the opposite region and see if that has any effect.

We had an user at spanish forums that had a similar issue and it was caused by using the wrong bios file plus it looks like the filesystem of his microsd was corrupted aswel (he formated the microsd, changed the bios and fixed the issue)

Something worth to try is if you can run hucard roms without issues and this is just afecting the cdrom games.

torgo100
03-22-2018, 05:31 PM
Arrived today already, got it via UPS and that was freaking FAST!!!

grendelrt
03-22-2018, 05:33 PM
Got mine today, shipped on the 12th with slow shipping for anyone wondering on travel time. Setting it up now =)

TuSecsy
03-22-2018, 05:48 PM
if i find who is him, he is not going to purchase anything else from us again.

If someone can helps on finding who is him, this would be useful

Who cares what someone does with their item once they paid you their hard earned money? So if I decide to sell mine you're gonna dox me and ban sales? Do you understand that once an item leaves your hands its really none of your business what the buyer does with it? Maybe focus your time on something useful, like shipping them out.

takeshi385
03-22-2018, 05:49 PM
We had an user at spanish forums that had a similar issue and it was caused by using the wrong bios file plus it looks like the filesystem of his microsd was corrupted aswel (he formated the microsd, changed the bios and fixed the issue)

Something worth to try is if you can run hucard roms without issues and this is just afecting the cdrom games. It affects every game even the menu. The amount of garble changes when I flip the region switch to japanese mode.(I of course turn the system off before I change region)

neosd
03-22-2018, 05:57 PM
Who cares what someone does with their item once they paid you their hard earned money? So if I decide to sell mine you're gonna dox me and ban sales? Do you understand that once an item leaves your hands its really none of your business what the buyer does with it? Maybe focus your time on something useful, like shipping them out.

Yes, if i see you purchasing one and selling it the next day you receive it for 100 euros more i will not sell you any other unit if i am able to spot who you are.

You would be a customer that i am not interested at all. Not everything in life is about doing money.

You donīt need to agree with that, i donīt need that you like my decision, i just donīt like game swappers.

We do devices for gamers, not for scalpers

BTW, i knew your nick sounded familair to me

I'll just stick with darksoft's cart, cheaper, and all the bugs are worked out by now.

takeshi385
03-22-2018, 06:09 PM
Since I am almost certain it is the region mod, I just bought a dirty white pc engine. I will report back with my findings when I receive the pc engine.

MobiusStripTech
03-22-2018, 06:25 PM
Yes, if i see you purchasing one and selling it the next day you receive it for 100 euros more i will not sell you any other unit if i am able to spot who you are.

You would be a customer that i am not interested at all. Not everything in life is about doing money.

You donīt need to agree with that, i donīt need that you like my decision, i just donīt like game swappers.

That dude is a troll. Everyone knows he is a troll. He jumps back and forth between hating you and loving DS, then hating DS and loving you.

TuSecsy
03-22-2018, 06:28 PM

ummm, you run a business, otherwise why charge 300$ for 80$ worth of parts?

maybe some buyer on ebay doesn't wanna wait 5 months for delivery and doesn't mind paying a little extra to have it now?

also, the reason your even making the neo sd "pro" is cuz darksofts cart leveled yours, and its still cheaper.

TuSecsy
03-22-2018, 06:29 PM
That dude is a troll. Everyone knows he is a troll. He jumps back and forth between hating you and loving DS, then hating DS and loving you.

nah i love both darksoft and terraonion. darksoft has the better neo solution, terra has the best pce solution (for now, it's a bit too expensive and someone else will make a cheaper version down the line I'm sure.)

neosd
03-22-2018, 06:38 PM
ummm, you run a business, otherwise why charge 300$ for 80$ worth of parts?

maybe some buyer on ebay doesn't wanna wait 5 months for delivery and doesn't mind paying a little extra to have it now?

also, the reason your even making the neo sd "pro" is cuz darksofts cart leveled yours, and its still cheaper.

Unfortunally our engineers wont get payed with a cup of rice. If you know an engineer that could do something like super sd system 3 for less than 50.000 euros a year (including taxes), please let me know, so we can have less development costs and lower the price of our products.

About the "PRO" fortunally you have the same idea as darsof about why we have done it :)

i have a feeling about you and darsof are going to love whats coming :)

joala
03-22-2018, 06:46 PM
i have a feeling about you and darsof are going to love whats coming :)

What a tease....:lolz:

neosd
03-22-2018, 06:48 PM
What a tease....:lolz:

;)

its called karma, the party never ends

comp1demon
03-22-2018, 06:53 PM
Did not buy a NEOSD at the same time I bought my System 3 because of the PRO announcement.
While I sit and wait for the PRO to go on sale. I figure out which NEOGEO I want to buy.. MVS or AES???

MobiusStripTech
03-22-2018, 06:54 PM
The NeoSD ultimate? Has all games loaded in flash permanently for instant access and also serves an ice cold beer when you press start.

neosd
03-22-2018, 07:03 PM
The NeoSD ultimate? Has all games loaded in flash permanently for instant access and also serves an ice cold beer when you press start.

Lets be up to date with :

Super SD System 3 pending shipments
New website
New webshop

We will have time to talk about neosd pro.
MVS version is beeing cooked at some spanish factory as we speak, mold is being cooked in china as we speak.

Things are comming, it may look like there is no movement but there is :)

joala
03-22-2018, 07:05 PM
It's gonna be an expensive year methinks.

MobiusStripTech
03-22-2018, 07:12 PM
Lets be up to date with :

Super SD System 3 pending shipments
New website
New webshop

We will have time to talk about neosd pro.
MVS version is beeing cooked at some spanish factory as we speak, mold is being cooked in china as we speak.

Things are comming, it may look like there is no movement but there is :)

You are all good. I was just making a joke about what the next product in the works could be.

neosd
03-22-2018, 07:13 PM
It's gonna be an expensive year methinks.

This year is going to be amazing, believe me. We have some candies in the pocket

I hope we just keep selling until those candies are cooked, so we can continue paying the party.

Super SD System 3 was a big surprise on sales and allowed us to hire another engineer in January to work on some secret thingle :) We are starting to be a "band" on human resources (number wise)

Double or nothing,

You are all good. I was just making a joke about what the next product in the works could be.

i know ;)

I would love to show you guys some pictures of the amazing pieces of hardware we have built, but is there anything better than see an unexpected product out of the blue ?

Surprises are great, i think that the ones that know what we are working at miss this nice impact

joala
03-22-2018, 07:17 PM
This year is going to be amazing, believe me. We have some candies in the pocket

I hope we just keep selling until those candies are cooked, so we can continue paying the party.

Super SD System 3 was a big surprise on sales and allowed us to hire another engineer in January to work on some secret thingle :) We are starting to be a "band" on human resources (number wise)

Double or nothing,

i know ;)

I would love to show you guys some pictures of the amazing pieces of hardware we have built, but is there anything better than see an unexpected product out of the blue ?

Surprises are great, i think that the ones that know what we are working at miss this nice impact

Exciting times for you guys, glad to be contributing (when the Pro is released)

TuSecsy
03-22-2018, 08:50 PM

Double or nothing,

i know ;)

really hoping for saturn & sega cd ode's myself

monads
03-22-2018, 10:02 PM
really hoping for saturn & sega cd ode's myself

Would love this!!!!

monads
03-22-2018, 10:07 PM

Excellent!!! Here goes....

Ordered: 12/23/17
Processing: 03/20/18
Shipped: 03/22/18

Thanks Alex/Terraonion!

Reality_Studio
03-22-2018, 10:36 PM

Thanks Alex/Terraonion!

Cool thanks for that! I pre-ordered mine on Jan 21, so that let's me know that mine is getting close to being shipped. I play retro games on our Twitch channel with a friend, and we'll definitely let everyone know about this device when we play it live. Already have a working TG-16 console ready to go :)

Cauterize
03-23-2018, 09:06 AM
Hey NeoSD,

My unit arrived this week and I'm blown away by it. An incredible piece of kit that just works and does exactly what it says it should perfectly. Having already purchased a NeoSD AES cart off you last year though, I expected this would be of the same quality. Good work.

Just a heads up for others, I had some serious issues getting the Super SD System 3 working on my Supergrafx. When testing, I didn't realise but my console had been modified (badly) with one of those horrific glue-gun-happy region free mods to the cartridge slot. I hadn't spotted this previously as the switch had fallen back into the console's shell after some of the glue gave way. When using the SSD3 on the SGX, the SSD3 logo would show, then either the menu would flash up and disappear, or instead a black screen would show instead. Changing the region switch allowed me to get the SSD3 to show the menu and able to play games, however, I was unable to play Supergrafx ROMs: most of these either gave a silent black screen, or a black screen with the game's audio playing on its own.

I'm in the process of finding someone to remove this modification, but anyone with a Supergrafx and the same mod might want to plan ahead and get a vanilla PC Engine instead - that's where I'm playing from at the moment and I can live without the five or so exclusive SGX games out there.

But yeah, incredible work NeoSD, you've done it again!

neosd
03-23-2018, 09:14 AM
Hey NeoSD,

My unit arrived this week and I'm blown away by it. An incredible piece of kit that just works and does exactly what it says it should perfectly. Having already purchased a NeoSD AES cart off you last year though, I expected this would be of the same quality. Good work.

Just a heads up for others, I had some serious issues getting the Super SD System 3 working on my Supergrafx. When testing, I didn't realise but my console had been modified (badly) with one of those horrific glue-gun-happy region free mods to the cartridge slot. I hadn't spotted this previously as the switch had fallen back into the console's shell after some of the glue gave way. When using the SSD3 on the SGX, the SSD3 logo would show, then either the menu would flash up and disappear, or instead a black screen would show instead. Changing the region switch allowed me to get the SSD3 to show the menu and able to play games, however, I was unable to play Supergrafx ROMs: most of these either gave a silent black screen, or a black screen with the game's audio playing on its own.

I'm in the process of finding someone to remove this modification, but anyone with a Supergrafx and the same mod might want to plan ahead and get a vanilla PC Engine instead - that's where I'm playing from at the moment and I can live without the five or so exclusive SGX games out there.

But yeah, incredible work NeoSD, you've done it again!

Hello,

There is a swich on the right side of the supergrafx to change from I to II, this changes from supergrafx mode to coregrafx/pcengine mode.

comp1demon
03-23-2018, 10:54 AM
Hello,

There is a swich on the right side of the supergrafx to change from I to II, this changes from supergrafx mode to coregrafx/pcengine mode.

I am also going to be using a supergrafx when mine arrives.
So just to be clear the I and II switch on the back of the console changes it from Supergrafx to PC engine mode.
Which switch do you recommend to use for HU cards and PCECD games? There are only 6 Supergrafx games, does the system 3 support them? I would assume I need to flip the switch when playing these?

Yodd
03-23-2018, 10:56 AM
Yes, the SSDS3 supports the Supergrafx games.

Generally speaking, you can leave it in Supergrafx mode all the time.

However if you run into any game problems, you can switch it back to PCEngine mode.

Tripredacus
03-23-2018, 11:26 AM

Well we see neosd is running a real company, and he wouldn't throw it away by selling an item with roms already on it.

greedostick
03-23-2018, 11:49 AM
Since I am almost certain it is the region mod, I just bought a dirty white pc engine. I will report back with my findings when I receive the pc engine.

I've had issues in the past where my region modded system had issues running an everdrive. I hear it happens much more with the original briefcase setup. Not sure what system you said you have, but just getting a new one is probably the best idea. PC Engines seem to be picky consoles, and theres no rhyme or reason why some are not as picky.

torgo100
03-23-2018, 11:54 AM

You should grab the unreleased US Version (Fantasy Star Soldier) that I released a few years ago ;-)

torgo100
03-23-2018, 12:01 PM
Also, some crappy pics of mine yay!
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/qhO7l23YzaiaR13PnFiq717Y7OkIx83bwtWjmhnbziidy7weX7 TFNdKIxHrZXGqRqDFsF6nOC25m6x6w9WKB_Jt_cLiOLOCoC4-Dyg4dX7gtlm2nF0Zx6LSInVeTAQ-qdBen6oHd3xbamjKh7slztnnuegzEaEarHcaQ503fNYl6Byeqr MEtuBXPj42GMyDCJnfzKAH7OY5DqJv_DB9ZYXEWxFozxaf9s1-iOLMJ4L_4byQ4XWuiFfgB5lu9lDU7oetRhvxf9hbsP30x3CVKV G0VKTBaONDmhsrBoTzNZ9G4r9nhYNF7x4YOzg1FvaUEd2K1Hre fSRBnsiZ-FPCUoesCo5JibgujsQ5Z_sEAkbeH4DpoaJORCk5XgKEvMvJVMS kI2NgMKb_EXd3XKWVtfD7Rg6tvkSBqloXPWf1hcKVeZMRkL1W5 zH8yjpFDFv8arxTmEydHwynROELu3VMRMSJxIrRwjmPQOMF7f1 Sf_ZfL6ekbhj1f7EnWt-s5ko2hVXJpUbZEUZQJ3it42u-MrQ_5--lSWlCYYLLYZGgoglz16jhi4lqgRTll0AuYRtKcEr0GL5Dbat4B cdcSaZ9JfRAs-MVwOqnLKVLs1D2F=w2427-h1820-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/b8yCf_ZPC9wpi6_arYFQ0jth89L-pX0TGZyKBLl3j9BI8to59tqtzizeyMMkgW2FUM8_FamoDDmbQO au-opbcB1yak4FTzMuFcQ1kiBW__31zzKyXEYT6nxBofySyYU0o1n e3ftMzyqhdi8qiYZ6I1SsIlE0Qq3NyMgncQPb1fkwPDhW5aeIB KmwqfcrdP8kXnZeSR7ZaWd8eVpUdPGIFfTTqqbhtnz4TawDu6k MyUU2Tj2bq6Cp1yyU_eA3xQs9Wvdx5MpUHhJA3v6vG97IpPmDK fPBMY1_FYejcT1y3bBOdpJySxdVbCKVxciDWrNamv95p3avvOn zgmwLMpFEWyTgkCZBxY8zg0JVBivj6Eo7VZF2GLog8BZphiLkm uPXa1mS_BsbmlrTk0zG1LncYXZAIzkOUqykJjAp-P9smlDivnfKHdUOSAjDiw27tos0F9caBTT5hsJHrCjiKkb9LF6 HMv46bArSVF5IhR1EfhLwiHUEZb_r_PE_tL0Ai1rkdDMBHyvIg CyYRustG-yFcAp0RELZw5-X4SMXXcsCLfsCrsepeG4vHIuZf4bM6RS8cQ0Ir6f-Yh4sn3q8Y7S1HHPQ2VbfTjjzKCPHk2e1=w1427-h1820-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/FD1jxI97W1XmC7rU4J-RzvcJUqmnMOzc0MshckWM2n0kKXEU6fstt_Oe_dVeRmQVmGjo9 c-Kkf1QeRsDjizcjvKJb6DHC1r1En-Op4WVJVMzBlK_2_YCQ54rqVNZEIKKMAzFRWU4qBfu0T0HC6rMj 5UxdgdGgw8WZrgVZeU71hNU3I4THXM4-qHkmFpcqFK_iWN1OqDWlFUOUqGUfxmq56lapT2aFVmfxXSRoyX 0mBsojY7jVt8Q517ZbUnr3kOjep4DOvxvtlCOoXuHZNdhoyWlx W86vDHWkpXCZJl5Dj8OV7unSlItcoTWr9gGE2CFiyVnoLcquEr tAaU63B3xiYtfg7a-mQrUFQVP-VxMP1AVj60Jt7amwZH4HI4EiZJJAoPgiFmMoZoHh765aQkNqzx i1arungJxMMcQYRJfKAYVWfVlTY-yw6N0EVqdVT4jwBX3M7lOHT-zVohfDFwHxSUc0OgrJ5kE_J2gCQkWOs1wlBTq9HF6NSuRVvYrm 40twGHPlrSuIzi1VN6x_sVDmuMf-UQ5Dgsr3FftxdcTy9sVNqwYydJcsQJ9ze5gl9GYqpaZS0EfVx0 U0YW5ca9EIbwj_fj4qtMgHXPUp1Vl=w2427-h1820-no

Syn
03-23-2018, 12:07 PM

Thanks Alex/Terraonion!

I ordered mine 12-8 hmm.

Jibbajaba
03-23-2018, 12:31 PM
Also, some crappy pics of mine yay!
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/qhO7l23YzaiaR13PnFiq717Y7OkIx83bwtWjmhnbziidy7weX7 TFNdKIxHrZXGqRqDFsF6nOC25m6x6w9WKB_Jt_cLiOLOCoC4-Dyg4dX7gtlm2nF0Zx6LSInVeTAQ-qdBen6oHd3xbamjKh7slztnnuegzEaEarHcaQ503fNYl6Byeqr MEtuBXPj42GMyDCJnfzKAH7OY5DqJv_DB9ZYXEWxFozxaf9s1-iOLMJ4L_4byQ4XWuiFfgB5lu9lDU7oetRhvxf9hbsP30x3CVKV G0VKTBaONDmhsrBoTzNZ9G4r9nhYNF7x4YOzg1FvaUEd2K1Hre fSRBnsiZ-FPCUoesCo5JibgujsQ5Z_sEAkbeH4DpoaJORCk5XgKEvMvJVMS kI2NgMKb_EXd3XKWVtfD7Rg6tvkSBqloXPWf1hcKVeZMRkL1W5 zH8yjpFDFv8arxTmEydHwynROELu3VMRMSJxIrRwjmPQOMF7f1 Sf_ZfL6ekbhj1f7EnWt-s5ko2hVXJpUbZEUZQJ3it42u-MrQ_5--lSWlCYYLLYZGgoglz16jhi4lqgRTll0AuYRtKcEr0GL5Dbat4B cdcSaZ9JfRAs-MVwOqnLKVLs1D2F=w2427-h1820-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/b8yCf_ZPC9wpi6_arYFQ0jth89L-pX0TGZyKBLl3j9BI8to59tqtzizeyMMkgW2FUM8_FamoDDmbQO au-opbcB1yak4FTzMuFcQ1kiBW__31zzKyXEYT6nxBofySyYU0o1n e3ftMzyqhdi8qiYZ6I1SsIlE0Qq3NyMgncQPb1fkwPDhW5aeIB KmwqfcrdP8kXnZeSR7ZaWd8eVpUdPGIFfTTqqbhtnz4TawDu6k MyUU2Tj2bq6Cp1yyU_eA3xQs9Wvdx5MpUHhJA3v6vG97IpPmDK fPBMY1_FYejcT1y3bBOdpJySxdVbCKVxciDWrNamv95p3avvOn zgmwLMpFEWyTgkCZBxY8zg0JVBivj6Eo7VZF2GLog8BZphiLkm uPXa1mS_BsbmlrTk0zG1LncYXZAIzkOUqykJjAp-P9smlDivnfKHdUOSAjDiw27tos0F9caBTT5hsJHrCjiKkb9LF6 HMv46bArSVF5IhR1EfhLwiHUEZb_r_PE_tL0Ai1rkdDMBHyvIg CyYRustG-yFcAp0RELZw5-X4SMXXcsCLfsCrsepeG4vHIuZf4bM6RS8cQ0Ir6f-Yh4sn3q8Y7S1HHPQ2VbfTjjzKCPHk2e1=w1427-h1820-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/FD1jxI97W1XmC7rU4J-RzvcJUqmnMOzc0MshckWM2n0kKXEU6fstt_Oe_dVeRmQVmGjo9 c-Kkf1QeRsDjizcjvKJb6DHC1r1En-Op4WVJVMzBlK_2_YCQ54rqVNZEIKKMAzFRWU4qBfu0T0HC6rMj 5UxdgdGgw8WZrgVZeU71hNU3I4THXM4-qHkmFpcqFK_iWN1OqDWlFUOUqGUfxmq56lapT2aFVmfxXSRoyX 0mBsojY7jVt8Q517ZbUnr3kOjep4DOvxvtlCOoXuHZNdhoyWlx W86vDHWkpXCZJl5Dj8OV7unSlItcoTWr9gGE2CFiyVnoLcquEr tAaU63B3xiYtfg7a-mQrUFQVP-VxMP1AVj60Jt7amwZH4HI4EiZJJAoPgiFmMoZoHh765aQkNqzx i1arungJxMMcQYRJfKAYVWfVlTY-yw6N0EVqdVT4jwBX3M7lOHT-zVohfDFwHxSUc0OgrJ5kE_J2gCQkWOs1wlBTq9HF6NSuRVvYrm 40twGHPlrSuIzi1VN6x_sVDmuMf-UQ5Dgsr3FftxdcTy9sVNqwYydJcsQJ9ze5gl9GYqpaZS0EfVx0 U0YW5ca9EIbwj_fj4qtMgHXPUp1Vl=w2427-h1820-no

Holy shit, man. Clean your fucking SuperGrafx. Does your whole house look like that?

neosd
03-23-2018, 01:31 PM
I ordered mine 12-8 hmm.

8th december, its shipped for sure.

Could you check the status on the webshop ?

Syn
03-23-2018, 01:55 PM
8th december, its shipped for sure.

Could you check the status on the webshop ?

It says awaiting bank transfer but I have an order confirmation email from you.

I'm a bit confused and off to check my banking history.

Edit The wire went through on the 11th.

My confirmation
KVDOAYCZY Placed on 12/09/2017 00:57:20

yoshi41
03-23-2018, 02:11 PM
You should grab the unreleased US Version (Fantasy Star Soldier) that I released a few years ago ;-)

Sure :smirk:

neosd
03-23-2018, 04:03 PM
It says awaiting bank transfer but I have an order confirmation email from you.

I'm a bit confused and off to check my banking history.

Edit The wire went through on the 11th.

My confirmation
KVDOAYCZY Placed on 12/09/2017 00:57:20

Man, you should have contacted us before .... the status of your order is "awaiting bank wire to be confirmed", this means that we havenīt seen the money on our bank account so your order is just waiting for the payment to arrive.

Did you put KVDOAYCZY on the bank transfer description ?
Could you tell me wich day you sent the payment (so i can check again and try to spot your payment), once i have found the payment i will mark your order as payed ( i will be able to ship it monday btw)

Alex,

Syn
03-23-2018, 04:43 PM
Honestly you sent an order confirmation to me. I've never had a company send one prematurely. I'm not being a dick here, I got your notice and my money was gone. Usually that means all is good.

I'll pm you the bank information I have ;)

neosd
03-23-2018, 04:54 PM
Honestly you sent an order confirmation to me. I've never had a company send one prematurely. I'm not being a dick here, I got your notice and my money was gone. Usually that means all is good.

I'll pm you the bank information I have ;)

Hello,

i think i am missing something on the translation cause i donīt quite understand "you sent an order confirmation to me"

When you choose bank wire payment, the shop sends you an order aknowlegement by email. It contains details to make the bank payment, that are quite easy but MUST be followed.

You just have to send the payment and put the order number as subject, so we see the bank payment arriving and we link the code with your oder.

If you have sent the payment and not have followed the instructions (put the order code on the bank payment), we donīt have any way to link the payment with your order.

BTW, not trying to be rude, its late, i am tired and when i am tired my english is terrible :)

23:00 here and been working a hell out for the last week.

Also, send me an email pleasde, i donīt read pms at forums cause its a hell to trace those.

Alex,

Rot
03-23-2018, 04:57 PM
OOHHHHH... the exitement...

xROTx

Syn
03-23-2018, 04:57 PM
I'll e-mail you.

Sent all the information I have.

Thanks

@Rot I know right :keke:

It's being looked at.

Another Edit Payment accepted!

Thanks Alex!

:sticks tongue out at Rot:

neosd
03-23-2018, 05:15 PM
I'll e-mail you.

Sent all the information I have.

Thanks

@Rot I know right :keke:

It's being looked at.

Another Edit Payment accepted!

Thanks Alex!

You are more than welcome,

Its important to put the order code on the bank transfer or its impossible to us linking the payment with the order, we got a pile of bank transfers about that date.

Rot
03-23-2018, 05:20 PM

Tanooki and Tusecsy had the same idea last night...

Needless to say... it didn't end well...

xROTx

Syn
03-23-2018, 05:25 PM
Tanooki and Tusecsy had the same idea last night...

Needless to say... it didn't end well...

xROTx

Sorry, I still can't get used to being on your bad side and tend to act like I'm not.

Not that it matters but I still have your back.

Rot
03-23-2018, 05:34 PM
Sorry, I still can't get used to being on your bad side and tend to act like I'm not.

Not that it matters but I still have your back.

Heh... No worries man...

TBH... mod'ding the Neosd forum is a massive headache... I have SO many different concerns...

...Keep the stress levels of Alex down... as he tends to go apeshit...
...Keep the other mods and members off my back...
...Keep the longterm members happy and willing to let me control shit...
...Keep the n00bs happy... but maintain a level of control over the ones who know fuck all about the forum...

etc etc etc...

Alex and his team works HARD... and I appreciate that... but I don't get paid for this stuff :D

xROTx

RAZO
03-23-2018, 08:02 PM
...Keep the stress levels of Alex down... as he tends to go apeshit...

xROTx

It's a Iberian thing. I2 have a similar temper and have been known to do the same. It's in our blood. ��

Syn
03-23-2018, 10:40 PM
I must not have included the necessary information with the wire and I didn't follow-up, assuming things.

I made sure to give him enough info and Alex took care of it A.S.A.P.

Afraid this was a false alert drama wise.

Thanks again!

fenikso
03-24-2018, 03:26 PM
I must not have included the necessary information with the wire and I didn't follow-up, assuming things.

I made sure to give him enough info and Alex took care of it A.S.A.P.

Afraid this was a false alert drama wise.

Thanks again!

Syn, bud, you're in for a treat. This device is fantastic. I've been very busy this week, so I didn't get to try it out until last night. It's been killing me all week, that I've been waiting to play it.

If anybody is on the fence about the SSDS3, don't be. It delivers. Hooked it up to a projector and played through a few levels of Dracula X (read: died alot) and tried out some fami conversions, just to see what they were like. Gonna play some Bonk 3 and Splatterhouse later. This thing is a Turbo fan's dream.

MobiusStripTech
03-24-2018, 03:49 PM
Well we see neosd is running a real company, and he wouldn't throw it away by selling an item with roms already on it.

It was a joke. I don't honestly expect anything like that.

srtomiz
03-24-2018, 04:57 PM
Hi,

I don't know if this question belongs here, it's a problem but not a technical problem... I'm trying to register my unit on the support page but the system keeps telling me that the serial number (double checked in the sticker and the options menu) is not in the database.

Are we supposed to register the devices there for downloads and whatnot or the site is only for the neosd's?.

Thanks in advance.

Rot
03-24-2018, 05:02 PM
Hi,

I don't know if this question belongs here, it's a problem but not a technical problem... I'm trying to register my unit on the support page but the system keeps telling me that the serial number (double checked in the sticker and the options menu) is not in the database.

Are we supposed to register the devices there for downloads and whatnot or the site is only for the neosd's?.

Thanks in advance.

No downloads except for firmware releases are placed on the tech sections....

The Terraonion team only make the devices... you have to find the other stuff somewhere else...

xROTx

PS. As for the serial number thingy... can't help you there man...

Relikk
03-24-2018, 05:29 PM
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?273291-PCE-Super-SD-System-3-Terraonion-New-Product-(Dec-2017)&p=4280880&viewfull=1#post4280880

Syn
03-24-2018, 06:40 PM
@fenikso I'm so looking forward to it.

Gotta give my SuperGrafx a dusting off or Jibs will pick on me. :keke:

AlxUnderBase
03-25-2018, 06:05 AM
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

#1603 ... look ... there is some explanation about this !

"Hello,

Super SD System 3 still hasnīt been added to downloads section, the whole website is being reworked as we speak.

BTW have we shipped your SSDS3 by Correos? if so, could you tell me how much time it took (just curious)

BTW 2 : we are working on dropping Correos and replacing it with DHL, i spent 3 hours today copying trackings by hand, Correos is no longer apropiated for our shipments amount.

Alex,"

torgo100
03-25-2018, 02:08 PM
@fenikso I'm so looking forward to it.

Gotta give my SuperGrafx a dusting off or Jibs will pick on me. :keke:

Yeah...

torgo100
03-25-2018, 02:13 PM
So, I'm having a problem on the CD side of things. I created some subfolders to break thing sup for easier navigation. So it goes CD -> #-C (for example).

On the HuCard side, these subfolders are all working fine, but for "CD ROMS", none of these subfolders have a Folder icon, and when I try to access any of them, it just launches into the System Card that I've previously chosen from the "bios" folder.

I completely reformatted the MiccroSD card, and re-copied files to it. I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong at this point.

Yes, I've read the manual

RAZO
03-25-2018, 02:22 PM
So, I'm having a problem on the CD side of things. I created some subfolders to break thing sup for easier navigation. So it goes CD -> #-C (for example).

On the HuCard side, these subfolders are all working fine, but for "CD ROMS", none of these subfolders have a Folder icon, and when I try to access any of them, it just launches into the System Card that I've previously chosen from the "bios" folder.

I completely reformatted the MiccroSD card, and re-copied files to it. I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong at this point.

Yes, I've read the manual

If you hit the select button on the controller it switches from hu card to CD. If you select cd the folders should pop up and if you hit start on a specific CD folder it should bring you to the Super CD bios and all you have to do is press start to load.

RAZO
03-25-2018, 02:25 PM
Also make sure you have a folder named bios in the root directory. Put all your Pce CD bios files in there and make sure you select which one you want to use.

RAZO
03-25-2018, 02:44 PM
Torgo, made this quick video. Hope it helps

https://youtu.be/gLXa2Mk4hKE

torgo100
03-25-2018, 02:45 PM
Hitting Select, and I only have 3 files in the bios folder (limit is 10 according to the manual), and selected which one I want to use.

torgo100
03-25-2018, 02:55 PM
Torgo, made this quick video. Hope it helps

https://youtu.be/gLXa2Mk4hKE

Yeah, see the folder icon the left of your folders? I don't have any icons for any of my CD stuff. Are we limited to how deep we can go with folders maybe?

No matter which side I'm on, I can't browse any of my CD folders at all.

HuCard and Supergrafx ROMs are all working fine

neosd
03-25-2018, 03:21 PM
Yeah, see the folder icon the left of your folders? I don't have any icons for any of my CD stuff. Are we limited to how deep we can go with folders maybe?

No matter which side I'm on, I can't browse any of my CD folders at all.

HuCard and Supergrafx ROMs are all working fine

Can you open the .cue file of any of your cd images and paste it here ? (its a text file at all), i have a feeling about the cues of your images may be using Absolute routes instead of relative routes

torgo100
03-25-2018, 03:24 PM
Sure, also uploading a quick video as well.

FILE "Camp California [U][SCD][TGXCD1013][ICOM Simulations][1993][PCE][raph99].BIN" BINARY
TRACK 01 AUDIO
INDEX 01 00:00:00
TRACK 02 MODE1/2352

(Cleaned-up, deleted the rest of the file)

torgo100
03-25-2018, 03:26 PM
I think that I just figured it out. I was shortening all of the file names of the .bin/cue files to clean things up, but the full names are being referenced in these .cue files.

Uggh

neosd
03-25-2018, 03:30 PM
I think that I just figured it out. I was shortening all of the file names of the .bin/cue files to clean things up, but the full names are being referenced in these .cue files.

Uggh

It looked like a cue issue to my eyes ;)
If you rename the bin files, it will not work cause the cue contains the names of the tracks.

:)

torgo100
03-25-2018, 03:32 PM
It looked like a cue issue to my eyes ;)
If you rename the bin files, it will not work cause the cue contains the names of the tracks.

:)

Yup, got it. That's what I get for trying to be neat and tidy lol. Thanks!

neosd
03-25-2018, 03:33 PM
Yup, got it. That's what I get for trying to be neat and tidy lol. Thanks!

You are welcome,

BTW, thanks to RAZO for the help

torgo100
03-25-2018, 03:40 PM
You are welcome,

BTW, thanks to RAZO for the help

Also, thank you for developing this thing. I'm a Turbo/PC Engine fanboy, and this has totally reignited a flame in me for the system. I know that you've hinted at a new product after this, and even though I'm not a huge fan overall, I'd like to throw out there that something similar for the Genesis/Mega Drive CD (and possibly the 32X) would pretty incredible to have.

You don't know how happy that his device makes me, and I'll be showing it off at a huge retro games conference here at the beginning of April. A lot of my friends have been asking about it :-)

greedostick
03-25-2018, 03:44 PM
This might be a good time to link to the TOC website. These cues you all are getting from random downloads might not be correct.

https://www.necstasy.net/

RAZO
03-25-2018, 04:56 PM
I thought maybe it was a file format that was incorrect but glad NeoSd stepped in and it was just a name issue.

torgo100
03-25-2018, 07:08 PM
So, I copied the untouched files over and it's still happening. I guess I need to find a new source for CD images. At least the rips that I've done seem to be working so far.

comp1demon
03-25-2018, 08:19 PM
So, I copied the untouched files over and it's still happening. I guess I need to find a new source for CD images. At least the rips that I've done seem to be working so far.

Just manually edit your BIN/CUE - pretty simple.

GO into the CUE..

FILE "Camp California [U][SCD][TGXCD1013][ICOM Simulations][1993][PCE][raph99].BIN" BINARY
TRACK 01 AUDIO
TRACK 02 MODE1/2352

Change it to

FILE "GAME.BIN" BINARY
TRACK 01 AUDIO
TRACK 02 MODE1/2352
Save it as game.cue

Then Rename the BIN file to GAME as well. So it is Game.bin

If it is in it's own subfolder with full name "Camp California"
The System 3 should allow you to see what game you are launching and keep a clean structure for finding games.

GO in and launch as usual.. Should boot

Raph4
03-26-2018, 03:04 AM
For people want great SCART cable, PACKAf**k cable is not needed, really.

Use just this one:
https://www.ebay.fr/itm/152942826351
I have no more audio noise on menu now and the image is clear.

But video glitch still randomly here (the image that jumps):
- video glitch appear with SSDS3 only.
- video glitch don't appear if I use hucard but using SSDS3 video output
- video glitch don't appear with classic video output
- video glitch don't appear with my "special" scart cable (back console output to scart, not shielded cable) (https://imgur.com/YZxccb8)

PSU issue ?

AlxUnderBase
03-26-2018, 06:18 AM
PSU issue ?

__

Raph ... i don't know ... but RGC team do a great job with those cables ... for few $ or Ē more ... i think it's a good choice to grab a Packapunch cable ... and indeed if you don't know that product (it's not about you ... i talk in generaly ... for everybody) maybe you maybe make a mistake and grab other "special" & cheap cables ... don't worth the effort at all ! Cheers mate ! (I use a psu with changed polarity on 9 V ... he have 1600 mA maximum ... anyway ... i use same PSU on my Genesis 1 and Neo Geo Aes consoles !

landsat
03-26-2018, 06:19 AM
The Saint Graal is coming !!! just receive shipment notification.

Thanks neosd and Alex !!!

Gamepimp
03-26-2018, 08:02 AM
The Saint Graal is coming !!! just receive shipment notification.

Thanks neosd and Alex !!!

Would you mind sharing the date that you placed your order originally? That might help others (like me :)) determine when their units might ship.

landsat
03-26-2018, 08:15 AM
Would you mind sharing the date that you placed your order originally? That might help others (like me :)) determine when their units might ship.

Order date : 1st January

Gamepimp
03-26-2018, 08:18 AM
Order date : 1st January

Awesome. Thanks landsat!

cr4zymanz0r
03-26-2018, 08:40 AM
I'm curious what other US customer's experience is with it shipping via Correos.

Tracking shows it was admitted on the 12th, "Departure from the International Office of origin" on the 16th, then no tracking updates since then on the Correos tracking page. It's not in USPS's tracking system yet either. I'm not freaking out (yet :P), but I assumed there would've been some further update on the tracking.

I'm just antsy and excited to get it in soon so I can start playing with it.

fenikso
03-26-2018, 09:00 AM
Correos' tracking sucks, it's why I went with UPS this go around. Plan on being in the dark until you get your package.

neosd
03-26-2018, 09:03 AM
I'm curious what other US customer's experience is with it shipping via Correos.

Tracking shows it was admitted on the 12th, "Departure from the International Office of origin" on the 16th, then no tracking updates since then on the Correos tracking page. It's not in USPS's tracking system yet either. I'm not freaking out (yet :P), but I assumed there would've been some further update on the tracking.

You will get tracking info at USPS.com once the packet arrives customs there, until then you will not get any info.

yes, correos sux on customer end for some things (such as this one), and our side for everything. If i would tell you guys what i had to do to get our packets procesed you would be scared about how bad they work.

They are not just prepared for large amount of packets on the user side.

This is the main reason we dropped correos and started to work with DHL today, every shipment costs 4 euros more but the time and work it saves us has no price.

BTW, as soon as i can get some air we are going to remove correos from the webshop and replace it with DHL, we will rise the price on 4 euros aswel.

From now, every correos shipment except south american shipments will be shipped with DHL instead of correos, even payed with correos (without any extra cost).

Alex,

Neo NooNaN
03-26-2018, 09:12 AM
Just got my ship notification. I had selected Correos not knowing their reputation, but mine was sent DHL. Thanks for making that move, NeoSD!

Yodd
03-26-2018, 09:29 AM

When I bought my original NEOSD back in late 2016, I picked Correos. It took 2-ish weeks to arrive.

And I don't think the USPS website ever updated that the package made it into the States. Even after delivery, it never made it into USPS tracking.

So...yeah.

Relikk
03-26-2018, 09:31 AM
Correos' tracking sucks, it's why I went with UPS this go around. Plan on being in the dark until you get your package.

Yeah I have a strong feeling mine will arrive before I see any movement on the tracking page. Last notification was on the 14th.

Westcb
03-26-2018, 09:32 AM

This is all mine says:
14/03/2018Admitido
17/03/2018Salida de la Oficina Internacional de origen

I’ll update when it shows up but looks like you will get yours before I do.
Edit:
Came today but I missed the mail man hah oh well glad it’s hear.
So correos shipping to USA mine came via usps was shipped March 14th arrived March 26th. Pretty quick considering.

torgo100
03-26-2018, 09:37 AM
With UPS, it got to me in Wisconsin in two days

grendelrt
03-26-2018, 09:43 AM
I had the crappy shipping and it never updated the tracking info on usps, just arrived on thursday.

GohanX
03-26-2018, 09:43 AM
Yeah, Correos tracking was useless, but by the time it showed up in the USPS tracking system it was only a couple more days until it was in my hands. It took about 2 weeks total, which is much better than most slowboat packages from Europe for me.

skel28
03-26-2018, 11:55 AM
Just got my ship notification. I had selected Correos not knowing their reputation, but mine was sent DHL. Thanks for making that move, NeoSD!
When did you order please mate? (mine was on January 17th)

Neo NooNaN
03-26-2018, 11:59 AM

The last week in December...believe it was the 27th.

neosd
03-26-2018, 12:17 PM

17th January, it MAY be shipped tomorrow.

I say MAY, if it dosenīt gets shipped donīt blame on me please, i am the more interested one on get everything shipped asap.

We plan to ship 50 more tomorrow (we shipped 52 today), it just depends if there are no distractions tomorrow. Units are ready to ship, just packing and creating the labels have to be done ...

Alex,

skel28
03-26-2018, 12:40 PM
The last week in December...believe it was the 27th.

Thank you.

skel28
03-26-2018, 12:41 PM

I say MAY, if it dosenīt gets shipped donīt blame on me please, i am the more interested one on get everything shipped asap.

We plan to ship 50 more tomorrow (we shipped 52 today), it just depends if there are no distractions tomorrow. Units are ready to ship, just packing and creating the labels have to be done ...

Alex,

Alex, great news thank you. It will get here when it does mate. Cheers

cr4zymanz0r
03-26-2018, 02:12 PM
Ok, now I'm just torturing myself. I'm at work and decided to check my security camera at home out of curiosity since people are saying the tracking is horrible for Correos, and I see a suspiciously sized package being delivered.

Gamepimp
03-26-2018, 02:35 PM

Alex,

This is awesome news Alex. Thanks for the update! I ordered on the 17th of January as well. There's a little glimmer of hope that I might possibly be able to play with this wonderful device as soon as this weekend if UPS delivers as quickly as they have for others. :)

neosd
03-26-2018, 03:12 PM
Ok, now I'm just torturing myself. I'm at work and decided to check my security camera at home out of curiosity since people are saying the tracking is horrible for Correos, and I see a suspiciously sized package being delivered.

Yes, this is a Super SD System 3 from Spain ;)

Rot
03-26-2018, 03:18 PM

You are one creepy mutha fooka...

...There are places in jail for people like you... prob next to Bibs...

xROTx

acem77
03-26-2018, 05:18 PM
Very cool,
At this point might as well have a full fpga system with a cart slot and hdmi out. Close to pulling the trigger and buying this.

wju2004
03-26-2018, 08:11 PM

Alex,

Means we're getting close to about when I ordered mine. Definitely quite excited to get mine, but being patient as I know it's been a pain. Keep up the good work!

cr4zymanz0r
03-26-2018, 09:53 PM
Ok, the package did end up being my Super SD System 3 and I've been toying with it this evening.
I'm going to give a 'quick' review with my findings starting with the summary.

Summary: From my small testing and playtime tonight I'd say most people will probably be happy with the Super SD System 3 (SSDS3). However, if you are an audiophile or videophile you might run into some annoyances.

Test setup:
1.) PC-Engine Duo-R with mickcris RGB amp (for comparison)
2.) Core Grafx (recapped, region modded)
3.) US Turbo Grafx 16 (stock, no repairs or mods)
4.) Genesis model 1 power supply
5.) Random modern switching (3 amp) power supply that runs all my other retro consoles without issue
6.) Packapunch Genesis 2 csync SCART cable
7.) Genesis 2 to RGB break-out box (RCA connectors). Uses csync, gives me flawless video on my Genesis 2 (that's been modded some to get rid of jailbars).
8.) Open Source Scan Converter (OSSC)
9.) Random $100 Vizio sound bar for sound

Sound: I'll start with sound since it'll be a shorter section. The CD audio isn't as good as it is playing from the disc on my Duo-R. Now I'm not an audiophile, so it's not like I have some super expensive sound setup and can tell if something is 1% off. From my very limited testing time the only thing I've noticed so far is the intro for the US version of Ys: Book 1 & 2 when you first boot it up. There's a lot of bass at the beginning, and then when the narrator starts talking he has kind of a deep voice that hits the bass too. On my Duo-R everything sounds clear and normal. On the SSDS3 in that scene it sounds like the bass is overdriven. This kinda distorts and muddies it, sorta like you're trying to go higher than your speakers can handle (except I didn't really have the volume cranked up). I don't really consider it subtle difference. I also ripped my original disc myself with TurboRip and also played back the .wav file on my PC to make sure it wasn't being distorted in the ripping process.

Video: Ok, I did 99% of this testing on with my OSSC on a 55" 4K TV. If you feed a good clean RGB signal to it from pretty much any retro console it looks phenomenal. Now I'm seeing some moving diagonal line interference similar to pictures and videos I saw of the initial release of the SSDS3, but not nearly as prominent.

Now by default the OSSC has a low pass filter (LPF) on for incoming video signals. I generally never turn it off except when I'm messing around or want to see how clean a RGB signal is. When I turn it off on my consoles with 'perfect' RGB it'll let a little bit of interference show up, but it's minor.

Now I tried to take some pictures with my phone that didn't exactly come out the best, but here they are: https://imgur.com/a/j6Ul1
Since it's not always clear I'll kinda walk through the tests too.

1.) Tested with a hucard on my Duo-R. The darker green in the Dungeon Explorer title logo seems to be the most prominent place for potential interference. Things look crystal clear on the Duo with the OSSC's LPF on (the default setting). With the LPF off I see typical minor noise in the signal

2.) Tested with a hucard with SSDS3. It's not as clean as my Duo-R but not too bad. Turning off the LPF shows more noise than the Duo-R, but nothing stupid crazy.

3.) Tested the same game with the SSDS3 but loaded from the microSD card. Now I was seeing the moving diagonal lines in the green. Again, not as bad as the initial release of the SSDS3, but enough to be an annoyance if you're a videophile.
Now, turning off the LPF makes it look god awful. there's a bunch of static snow looking noise that I've never seen before on any other system with the LPF off.

Conclusion: I got the same results no matter what power cable I used or what video cable I used. It also didn't really change between me using a Core Grafx or a US TurboGrafx 16.

I'm not saying these are the definitive results and I'd be happy to give further info or help troubleshoot. However, given the various different scenarios I've tried it, I don't really think it's some fluke of me just having a potentially bad cable. I probably won't have time to REALLY dig into it hard until the weekend.

I'm reserving any judgement until other technical people get to really dig into this, as well as TerraOnion potentially getting to look into it as well (maybe the CD sound/bass issue could be fixed in a firmware patch?).

EDIT: if this needs to be spun off to a separate thread and/or the tech support forum, let me know.

neosd
03-27-2018, 03:21 AM
Ok, the package did end up being my Super SD System 3 and I've been toying with it this evening.
I'm going to give a 'quick' review with my findings starting with the summary.

Summary: From my small testing and playtime tonight I'd say most people will probably be happy with the Super SD System 3 (SSDS3). However, if you are an audiophile or videophile you might run into some annoyances.

Test setup:
1.) PC-Engine Duo-R with mickcris RGB amp (for comparison)
2.) Core Grafx (recapped, region modded)
3.) US Turbo Grafx 16 (stock, no repairs or mods)
4.) Genesis model 1 power supply
5.) Random modern switching (3 amp) power supply that runs all my other retro consoles without issue
6.) Packapunch Genesis 2 csync SCART cable
7.) Genesis 2 to RGB break-out box (RCA connectors). Uses csync, gives me flawless video on my Genesis 2 (that's been modded some to get rid of jailbars).
8.) Open Source Scan Converter (OSSC)
9.) Random $100 Vizio sound bar for sound

Sound: I'll start with sound since it'll be a shorter section. The CD audio isn't as good as it is playing from the disc on my Duo-R. Now I'm not an audiophile, so it's not like I have some super expensive sound setup and can tell if something is 1% off. From my very limited testing time the only thing I've noticed so far is the intro for the US version of Ys: Book 1 & 2 when you first boot it up. There's a lot of bass at the beginning, and then when the narrator starts talking he has kind of a deep voice that hits the bass too. On my Duo-R everything sounds clear and normal. On the SSDS3 in that scene it sounds like the bass is overdriven. This kinda distorts and muddies it, sorta like you're trying to go higher than your speakers can handle (except I didn't really have the volume cranked up). I don't really consider it subtle difference. I also ripped my original disc myself with TurboRip and also played back the .wav file on my PC to make sure it wasn't being distorted in the ripping process.

Video: Ok, I did 99% of this testing on with my OSSC on a 55" 4K TV. If you feed a good clean RGB signal to it from pretty much any retro console it looks phenomenal. Now I'm seeing some moving diagonal line interference similar to pictures and videos I saw of the initial release of the SSDS3, but not nearly as prominent.

Now by default the OSSC has a low pass filter (LPF) on for incoming video signals. I generally never turn it off except when I'm messing around or want to see how clean a RGB signal is. When I turn it off on my consoles with 'perfect' RGB it'll let a little bit of interference show up, but it's minor.

Now I tried to take some pictures with my phone that didn't exactly come out the best, but here they are: https://imgur.com/a/j6Ul1
Since it's not always clear I'll kinda walk through the tests too.

1.) Tested with a hucard on my Duo-R. The darker green in the Dungeon Explorer title logo seems to be the most prominent place for potential interference. Things look crystal clear on the Duo with the OSSC's LPF on (the default setting). With the LPF off I see typical minor noise in the signal

2.) Tested with a hucard with SSDS3. It's not as clean as my Duo-R but not too bad. Turning off the LPF shows more noise than the Duo-R, but nothing stupid crazy.

3.) Tested the same game with the SSDS3 but loaded from the microSD card. Now I was seeing the moving diagonal lines in the green. Again, not as bad as the initial release of the SSDS3, but enough to be an annoyance if you're a videophile.
Now, turning off the LPF makes it look god awful. there's a bunch of static snow looking noise that I've never seen before on any other system with the LPF off.

Conclusion: I got the same results no matter what power cable I used or what video cable I used. It also didn't really change between me using a Core Grafx or a US TurboGrafx 16.

I'm not saying these are the definitive results and I'd be happy to give further info or help troubleshoot. However, given the various different scenarios I've tried it, I don't really think it's some fluke of me just having a potentially bad cable. I probably won't have time to REALLY dig into it hard until the weekend.

I'm reserving any judgement until other technical people get to really dig into this, as well as TerraOnion potentially getting to look into it as well (maybe the CD sound/bass issue could be fixed in a firmware patch?).

EDIT: if this needs to be spun off to a separate thread and/or the tech support forum, let me know.

Reading that makes me feel like we developed a high end audio and video output addon for the pcengine instead of an ODE

BTW : Audio levels can be adjusted by software, we will have a look at that after Semana Santa (spring break) ends.

Thanks for the coments

landsat
03-27-2018, 03:54 AM
@Alex, just receive my Super SD System 3 today, only 24h after shipping, DHL is really good for this. Thanks for everythings.

Next step, try it tonight and have fun :)

neosd
03-27-2018, 04:39 AM
@Alex, just receive my Super SD System 3 today, only 24h after shipping, DHL is really good for this. Thanks for everythings.

Thanks for the feedback,

If people in USA and ASIA could give me the same feedback about DHL, we would really apreciate this.

Thanks

landsat
03-27-2018, 04:58 AM
@Alex, does the Super SD System 3 is shipped with the lastest firmware or should I update ?

Thanks.

scorpion73
03-27-2018, 06:18 AM
Just a feedback here ( i don't know where to post ). Received my Neo SD MVS today after yesterday's shipping with DHL in Italy. Very fast, very good service. Thanks for the update.

acem77
03-27-2018, 06:36 AM
Is there a cheat engine in this?

Neo NooNaN
03-27-2018, 07:24 AM
Re: DHL in the US - I got a notification from the NeoSD Store, yesterday (Monday), at around noon local time, indicating that mine had shipped. Only a few hours later, I got an email from DHL confirming a Wednesday delivery date. I'm not sure if you have to register for DHL On Demand, but they allow you to easily change the delivery date, authorize to leave without signature, etc., online. I'm on the east coast, but this is basically as fast as Amazon Prime.

Relikk
03-27-2018, 07:55 AM

Just a feedback here ( i don't know where to post ). Received my Neo SD MVS today after yesterday's shipping with DHL in Italy. Very fast, very good service. Thanks for the update.

OK, now I'm getting pissed off. (Not with TO, with Correos).

neosd
03-27-2018, 09:21 AM
Guys,

Today it has been DHL (Correos orders) day.
We have managed to ship 50 packets.

Tomorrow we will ship UPS orders and DHL orders shipped to Spain (those are being shipped with a different DHL account than international orders)

Sorry, we just canīt mix diferent proceses.

Alex,

wju2004
03-27-2018, 09:26 AM
Guys,

Today it has been DHL (Correos orders) day.
We have managed to ship 50 packets.

Tomorrow we will ship UPS orders and DHL orders shipped to Spain (those are being shipped with a different DHL account than international orders)

Sorry, we just canīt mix diferent proceses.

Alex,

Got my DHL notification today. I'll let you know how shipping goes here to Ohio, speed-wise, etc.

cr4zymanz0r
03-27-2018, 09:30 AM
Reading that makes me feel like we developed a high end audio and video output addon for the pcengine instead of an ODE

BTW : Audio levels can be adjusted by software, we will have a look at that after Semana Santa (spring break) ends.

Thanks for the coments

The ODE portion of it is definitely the most alluring since no other PC-Engine products currently do that. However, since the product also provides RGB output and is a premium price I think the enthusiasts with high end setups also have high expectations. It's good to hear that audio levels can be adjusted in software. A future firmware update to address that is a completely acceptable solution.

There just seems to be a lot of noise in the video signal (and maybe audio to lesser degree) that's not present in other modern RGB solutions. I realize you're very busy trying to catch up on shipping orders, but I'm hoping once you get caught up that you'll be able to look into the video more and not just assume "oh, those crazy videophiles are at it again" :P (even if it ends up being a solution I have to solder in myself).

I'm also curious if other customers who are pretty technical are having similar results to what I'm seeing with the OSSC or similar devices (devices meant to upscale to a HDTV tend to be more likely show underlying video noise than just going straight to a CRT). That would help rule out if it's potentially every unit, or just mine.

neosd
03-27-2018, 09:48 AM
The ODE portion of it is definitely the most alluring since no other PC-Engine products currently do that. However, since the product also provides RGB output and is a premium price I think the enthusiasts with high end setups also have high expectations. It's good to hear that audio levels can be adjusted in software. A future firmware update to address that is a completely acceptable solution.

There just seems to be a lot of noise in the video signal (and maybe audio to lesser degree) that's not present in other modern RGB solutions. I realize you're very busy trying to catch up on shipping orders, but I'm hoping once you get caught up that you'll be able to look into the video more and not just assume "oh, those crazy videophiles are at it again" :P (even if it ends up being a solution I have to solder in myself).

I'm also curious if other customers who are pretty technical are having similar results to what I'm seeing with the OSSC or similar devices (devices meant to upscale to a HDTV tend to be more likely show underlying video noise than just going straight to a CRT). That would help rule out if it's potentially every unit, or just mine.

Sorry,

We are not going to do any more changes to the video.

We canīt notice any issue with it anymore.

Also, after this experience we are not going to do any device more with RGB output.

I hope you understand that, Super SD System 3 video otput was NOT designed to be a high end output. It was an extra on the ODE.

Everytime i see people looking for issues on the RGB side, doing a post like yours and not writing a single word about the ODE itself, i feel we did a mistake while adding the rgb output at all.

Those guys with high end setups can use theyr pcengine video outputs as i asume they were using before.

Audio is a different story : we can adjust it by software even for indivial games and we plan to do it when neodev comes back from Semana Santa.

I would also like to state that the price of Super SD System 3 is set by the amount of hours we spent doing a 99% perfect ODE (among other things such as company expenses, taxes and fees related to the salaries, producting costs and the reduced market PCE has)

sparksterz
03-27-2018, 09:57 AM
Also, after this experience we are not going to do any device more with RGB output.

I would also like to state that the price of Super SD System 3 is set by the amount of hours we spent doing a 99% perfect ODE.

I am a little disappointed to hear that's the case - but I totally understand. You ended up having to take a large financial hit on something that was just added as a bonus.

neosd
03-27-2018, 10:01 AM
I am a little disappointed to hear that's the case - but I totally understand. You ended up having to take a large financial hit on something that was just added as a bonus.

Yes, this is part of the feeling here and the other point is : people asking for more RGB changes just as if the change we had to do wasnīt hurt our balances or our schelude at all.

No more RGB, sorry

Seren
03-27-2018, 10:14 AM
Got the DHL shipping notice this afternoon. Thanks Alex.

cr4zymanz0r
03-27-2018, 10:44 AM
Yes, this is part of the feeling here and the other point is : people asking for more RGB changes just as if the change we had to do wasnīt hurt our balances or our schelude at all.

No more RGB, sorry

I wasn't implying that you do another recall and put out a brand new board. I was referring to more of a good faith effort to look into once all the shipping frenzy calms down. For example, say if it was looked into later and it were to turn out "oh, adding an extra filtering capacitor here gets rid of the noise" then I would be completely fine with soldering that in myself. If every unit is like mine, I would assume the video noise would be very obvious when measured with an oscilloscope (though I don't own one myself). Just from observing the output on mine it's obvious that the ODE/FPGA/whatever is introducing noise into the analog video.

I am a reasonable guy who's trying to provide productive feedback rather than start attacking as some previous people have. Again, I'm not expecting some giant recall of the new boards but in my opinion just flat out saying you won't even bother to look into the video noise on the new board is honestly poor customer service. Maybe some details are getting lost in translation.

Everytime i see people looking for issues on the RGB side, doing a post like yours and not writing a single word about the ODE itself, i feel we did a mistake while adding the rgb output at all.

To put a positive light on things, so far that means the ODE portion is really good. In my limited testing so far the ODE portion is working great. Plus, if problems are found with it later I assume it's highly likely you'll be able to address it with a firmware update.

It's just the nature of things that if people are reporting issues, they're probably not going talk about the parts they had no problems with. :P

torgo100
03-27-2018, 10:51 AM
A few notes.

- Using the Sega Mega Drive 2 / Genesis 2 RGB SCART PACKAPUNCH PRO CABLE from Retro Gaming Cables through the OSSC, and the picture is fantastic. No noise at all.
- Concerning CD games. I misunderstood the instructions in the manual, so originally I was simply creating a folder like "#-C" and copying everything into there. I figured out on my own that I had to create a folder for each cd-based game. I don't think that's spelled-out in the manual well enough (just read it again now).
- Either I need a better file for the Super System Card v3, or there's an issue with a few games reading it correctly. So Far, Fantasy Star Soldier (I haven't tried Star Parodia yet) and Godzilla US are asking for that card, even though that's what I've already chosen. Is it against the rules to ask for a link to a verified System Card file?
- The manual states that the supported files are ".pce/.cue/,bin" but I tried an .ISO today and it also works (I see that mentioned in the text in the lower-left of the manual, but not the larger image in the middle of the manual)
- Question for neosd, since I'm plugged into the Supergrafx, do I need to activate Arcade Card in the options?

Now that I've got my CD image woes sorted, gonna start loading the rest of them onto the card today. This is a great day!

neosd
03-27-2018, 10:54 AM
I wasn't implying that you do another recall and put out a brand new board. I was referring to more of a good faith effort to look into once all the shipping frenzy calms down. For example, say if it was looked into later and it were to turn out "oh, adding an extra filtering capacitor here gets rid of the noise" then I would be completely fine with soldering that in myself. If every unit is like mine, I would assume the video noise would be very obvious when measured with an oscilloscope (though I don't own one myself). Just from observing the output on mine it's obvious that the ODE/FPGA/whatever is introducing noise into the analog video.

I am a reasonable guy who's trying to provide productive feedback rather than start attacking as some previous people have. Again, I'm not expecting some giant recall of the new boards but in my opinion just flat out saying you won't even bother to look into the video noise on the new board is honestly poor customer service. Maybe some details are getting lost in translation.

To put a positive light on things, so far that means the ODE portion is really good. In my limited testing so far the ODE portion is working great. Plus, if problems are found with it later I assume it's highly likely you'll be able to address it with a firmware update.

It's just the nature of things that if people are reporting issues, they're probably not going talk about the parts they had no problems with. :P

I am positive about coments relating issues and things to improve.

But i am tired about the RGB story, i think that this is one of those things that have no end.
There will always be some one that the quality is not enough, just the same way there are people who canīt live with a noise inside theyr car. Theyr ears are just educated to spot this noise, no matter how small it is.

If we do changes on the pcb just to please those guys with educated eyes and high end setups, we will be again where we were 2 months ago, and where we are now : people demanding a new board for free, people demanding an instant shipping.

So no, i promise we will NEVER NEVER NEVER do any other device with RGB, neither we will EVER EVER EVER touch the video side of Super SD System 3.

Is the video output good ? If you ask me, i would say yes.

Is it high end otput ? i have no clue, but if you think its not, i believe you. My eyes are not educated to that level.

I hope you understand my point, i am not mad about the coments (even it could look like), i am tired about working so many days without non stop and i think such things are not worth the portion its taking from my health.

It has to be a point where one has to say NO.

torgo100
03-27-2018, 10:58 AM

But i am tired about the RGB story, i think that this is one of those things that have no end.
There will always be some one that the quality is not enough, just the same way there are people who canīt live with a noise inside theyr car. Theyr ears are just educated to spot this noise, no matter how small it is.

If we do changes on the pcb just to please those guys with educated eyes and high end setups, we will be again where we were 2 months ago, and where we are now : people demanding a new board for free, people demanding an instant shipping.

So no, i promise we will NEVER NEVER NEVER do any other device with RGB, neither we will EVER EVER EVER touch the video side of Super SD System 3.

Is it high end otput ? i have no clue, but if you think its not, i believe you. My eyes are not educated to that level.

I hope you understand my point, i am not mad about the coments (even it could look like), i am tired about working so many days without non stop and i think such things are not worth the portion its taking from my health.

If your next project is the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive, it already outputs RGB ;-)

neosd
03-27-2018, 11:00 AM
If your next project is the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive, it already outputs RGB ;-)

Whatever those are, it will not have an RGB output, even if it could have it.

pixeljunkie
03-27-2018, 11:05 AM

It seems the whole RGB output crowd is a hobby in and of itself - almost separate from actual gameplay. I think any way to distance from that as a crowd that will have reason to scrutinize the better. Got my shipping notification this morning too, so I am on cloud nine!

torgo100
03-27-2018, 11:06 AM
Whatever those are, it will not have an RGB output, even if it could have it.

Whatever it is, I'm definitely interested. I never worried about RGB until this device popped-up, but with the OSSC (I don't have an RGB-capable display), I'm very happy with the results.

Again, I can't thank you folks enough for developing this device. Way less stress on my cd drives, everything in one spot, and it travels so much better than before. Seriously top-notch!!

narshe
03-27-2018, 11:26 AM
What output would be used instead, HDMI?

kogami
03-27-2018, 11:27 AM
I want to download the complete full set CD-Romē, I chose as team "redump.org", someone could certify me that their ISO is compatible with the PCE Super SD System 3?

**EDITED BY ROT....**

neosd
03-27-2018, 11:37 AM
I want to download the complete full set CD-Romē, I chose as team "redump.org", someone could certify me that their ISO is compatible with the PCE Super SD System 3?

I am a big fan of redump work, i can confirm you that is compatible but redump PCE set is missing a huge lot of games (unfortunally)

torgo100
03-27-2018, 12:01 PM
kogami , you may want to edit your post and remove that link. That's against the rules here

Fuckwit1200
03-27-2018, 12:12 PM
redumpin! :D
great work there btw, appreciate the contributions.

Rot
03-27-2018, 12:16 PM
Lads Lads Lads...

Let me make this CLEAR for you...

1. GENERAL ROM TALK = OK'ish...
2. LINKING OF ROMZ = Potentially gonna upset the management...

xROTx

PS. IF you guys need links... The official chat room is nice... TOP LINK...