PDA

View Full Version : PCE Super SD System 3 - Terraonion New Product (Dec 2017)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10

MobiusStripTech
01-23-2018, 06:55 AM
Were you given a tracking number with Correos?
They give a tracking number but yeah it takes a while. I also ordered mine within the first 10 minutes of orders going live and mine was in the first shipped batch.

landsat
01-23-2018, 07:24 AM
I haven't had any compatibility issues yet. It could be your rips.

Here is my 64GB microsd image:

***OOPPSS....

Feel free to download it and try it out.

Also, leave the in-game trigger disabled (if you enabled it) it has been reported to cause some random issues.

Thanks for sharing, maybe you can update your pack with Akumajou Dracula translated and some sorted roms, here we go :

***NULL AND VOID!

Judge Dredd
01-23-2018, 07:39 AM
POSTING DIRECT LINKS TO ROMZ WILL GET YOU FREE TIME IN THE ISO-CUBES UNLESS OFFICIALLY SANCTIONED.

Yodd
01-23-2018, 07:57 AM
:keke:

MobiusStripTech
01-23-2018, 08:16 AM

Files? What files? lol

GohanX
01-23-2018, 08:43 AM
Wee, mine just came in. Suddenly, I'm feeling very ill at work. *cough* *cough*

MobiusStripTech
01-23-2018, 08:44 AM
Definitely post up your experience. Obviously so far we have had a myriad of experiences but there do seem to be some consistencies.

Kid Panda
01-23-2018, 08:46 AM
I got mine yesterday and I've blasted through like 5 or 6 games all the way through, highly impressed with kit and will prolly smash through more games tonight after work.

sparksterz
01-23-2018, 09:25 AM
They give a tracking number but yeah it takes a while. I also ordered mine within the first 10 minutes of orders going live and mine was in the first shipped batch.

Man...I'm gonna be waiting a while from the sounds of it. I don't think I ended up ordering until near the end of December. That's fine though, plenty other games to play and gives me some time to figure out the RGB fun as it seems I probably ordered the wrong cable.

MobiusStripTech
01-23-2018, 09:28 AM
Man...I'm gonna be waiting a while from the sounds of it. I don't think I ended up ordering until near the end of December. That's fine though, plenty other games to play and gives me some time to figure out the RGB fun as it seems I probably ordered the wrong cable.

At this point I think it's safe to assume that the cables are not related to the issues. The issues that people are finding seem to have more to do with the analog and digital grounds sharing the same ground plane. Along with probably some minor firmware bugs that just need to be ironed out.

greatfunky
01-23-2018, 12:08 PM
Ah okay. I ordered on the 8th december at 7pm EST. I am just wondering when my shipment will be send out.

For those like me with orders not statued as shipped , please be patient a little more , neosd team didn't forget you ;).

MobiusStripTech
01-23-2018, 12:17 PM
You have got some time to wait sir. They have a number of orders to get through, plus I assume, look into the issues that current owners have encountered.

AlxUnderBase
01-23-2018, 12:25 PM
Yeah , indeed sir ... but everytime you remind about this to everybody as the guys from NeoSd team to observe your "patience" ;) i'm sure there's other guys who is in the same situation like you and will get nothing extra :) if you observe , many guys already catched the SSS3 and then they post about the beauty. Anyway i wish good luck with your patience ! Cheers :multi_co:

For those like me with orders not statued as shipped , please be patient a little more , neosd team didn't forget you ;).

_Adoru_
01-23-2018, 12:28 PM
Well received ! Work perfectly on a Barco CRT Monitor & JVC TV with an MD2 RGB cable on the original PCE and CORE I&II, great beautiful image & sound. Thank you :)

greatfunky
01-23-2018, 12:41 PM
You have got some time to wait sir. They have a number of orders to get through, plus I assume, look into the issues that current owners have encountered.

Yeah , indeed sir ... but everytime you remind about this to everybody as the guys from NeoSd team to observe your "patience" ;) i'm sure there's other guys who is in the same situation like you and will get nothing extra :) if you observe , many guys already catched the SSS3 and then they post about the beauty. Anyway i wish good luck with your patience ! Cheers :multi_co:

My message was for DoDonpachi , don't worry about me , i'm ... informed ......

MobiusStripTech
01-23-2018, 12:52 PM
So was mine. I just didn't quote him

fille1976
01-23-2018, 02:19 PM
Tested now a bunch of games,connected the system to my 14'' trinitron tv and my sony playstation tv.
On my crt tv i can't see any interference where on the playstation tv(lcd based) i can see the interference.
Could it be a modern tv related problem?

Yodd
01-23-2018, 02:25 PM
POSTING DIRECT LINKS TO ROMZ WILL GET YOU FREE TIME IN THE ISO-CUBES UNLESS OFFICIALLY SANCTIONED.

Hey guys, from now on, if you want a link to the romz and my new 200 GB pack loaded with ALL the good stuff, translations, hacks, dubs and etc, PM Judge Dredd.

We have an understanding. He holds the keys to the castle.

Want the good stuff, PM Dredd.

MobiusStripTech
01-23-2018, 02:31 PM
Tested now a bunch of games,connected the system to my 14'' trinitron tv and my sony playstation tv.
On my crt tv i can't see any interference where on the playstation tv(lcd based) i can see the interference.
Could it be a modern tv related problem?

I see the issues on my Sony PVM-1954Q as well as with my framemeister and a generic scart converter. It is more apparent on the modern tv's as they generally produce a clearer image anyway.

fille1976
01-23-2018, 02:43 PM
thx yodd,will ask him tomorrow,i have a set,but gona see if i miss something.

fille1976
01-23-2018, 02:49 PM
I see the issues on my Sony PVM-1954Q as well as with my framemeister and a generic scart converter. It is more apparent on the modern tv's as they generally produce a clearer image anyway.

Its strange gadget did not have that problem with his version he tested,or he didn't see it which i can't believe.
Probably they changed something and overlooked it what can happen.
Hope they can fix the problem.

Rot
01-23-2018, 02:49 PM
OK... I was taking a break...

BUT... it seems SOME of you fooks feel the need to want my undivided attention....

xROTx

opt2not
01-23-2018, 03:40 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/fe/da/fb/fedafbff8fc417aa84a6e2c8cb9ea802.gif

Rot
01-23-2018, 03:42 PM
LOOK Lads... I was taking a break...

I am not saying you shouldn't do what you want... concerning the distribution of "stuffs".. Just be more "circumspect"... about it...

Neosd has my full support... IF.... I have to come back early for any reason concerning this on NG.com... I will NOT be a happy camper...

xROTx

PS. If you need to google "circumspect"... it really just says... DO THIS SHIT IN PRIVATE....

monads
01-23-2018, 04:08 PM
Want the good stuff, PM Dredd.

Thanks Yodd!

Judge Dredd
01-23-2018, 04:17 PM
24 BANS FOR CONTACTING A BUSY JUDGE.

MONADS.
DL1955.
MOBIUSSTRIPTECH.

JUDGEMENT HAS BEEN PASSED.

MEGA-CITY ONE MAYBE IN NEED OF MORE JUDGEMENT TONIGHT.

RAZO
01-23-2018, 04:23 PM
24 BANS FOR CONTACTING A BUSY JUDGE.

MONADS.
DL1955.
MOBIUSSTRIPTECH.

JUDGEMENT HAS BEEN PASSED.

MEGA-CITY ONE MAYBE IN NEED OF MORE JUDGEMENT TONIGHT.

What a bunch of dumbasses.

Jibbajaba
01-23-2018, 04:52 PM
Holy shit. Fucking awesome.

Yodd
01-23-2018, 05:22 PM

3rdStrikeMike
01-23-2018, 05:33 PM
This just made my entire night :-J

Yodd
01-23-2018, 10:45 PM
Just a nice photo I took tonight:

https://s17.postimg.org/o9szc95sf/IMG_0367.jpg

pixeljunkie
01-23-2018, 10:59 PM

Dang, that's pretty!

DoDonpachi
01-24-2018, 03:25 AM

https://s17.postimg.org/o9szc95sf/IMG_0367.jpg

I will use exactly the same combo. aaaahhhhhh, can't wait to receive a changed shipping status :D

GadgetUK
01-24-2018, 06:09 AM
I've not had chance to keep up with the forum properly until today - shocked to see some of the issues a few people have reported! What I would say is that I definitely have no video or audio issues with my TV, perhaps if I have the volume really loud I can just about hear some interferance on sound, but I have to have it super loud (at a level I would never play at). Maybe the video issues aren't affecting me because mine has the resistors and caps on the device, rather than straight pass through?

Regards to the the comment on previous page about cut scenes being skipped and wrong sounds played etc - not had that at all, it could be a glitch related to the model of PCE you are testing with (was it a SuperGrafx?) - I wouldn't panic, just report which system, which games cause which problems and a firmware update can probably solve that. Could also be worth formating the SD again, and try also another SD card. The reason I know this is we worked through a number of small glitches on certain games and each one was fixed super quick by Terra Onion. I would hazard a guess at 20 or so games which were fixed very quickly - I tested over 300 games since it arrived, and with the final release firmware I was not aware of any games that were glitching in any way, but maybe you've come across a game that hasn't been thoroughly tested yet or something like that.

GadgetUK
01-24-2018, 06:40 AM
RetroRGB posted an update today - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOLV9N50sC0

I've posted a reply there. I want to briefly re-itterate what I posted there. For anyone that has a glitch with a particular game, report the system, game and how to re-produce the glitch. I can test at my end too for standard PCE or TG16. There's no reason why firmware updates cannot fix any glitches reported (I have none that I am aware of). Try turning off the in game trigger feature too (I've not used that at all). Anyone unlucky enough to have video issues, just report them and lets give Terra Onion time to respond to things.

RAZO
01-24-2018, 07:36 AM
I've not had chance to keep up with the forum properly until today - shocked to see some of the issues a few people have reported! What I would say is that I definitely have no video or audio issues with my TV, perhaps if I have the volume really loud I can just about hear some interferance on sound, but I have to have it super loud (at a level I would never play at). Maybe the video issues aren't affecting me because mine has the resistors and caps on the device, rather than straight pass through?

Regards to the the comment on previous page about cut scenes being skipped and wrong sounds played etc - not had that at all, it could be a glitch related to the model of PCE you are testing with (was it a SuperGrafx?) - I wouldn't panic, just report which system, which games cause which problems and a firmware update can probably solve that. Could also be worth formating the SD again, and try also another SD card. The reason I know this is we worked through a number of small glitches on certain games and each one was fixed super quick by Terra Onion. I would hazard a guess at 20 or so games which were fixed very quickly - I tested over 300 games since it arrived, and with the final release firmware I was not aware of any games that were glitching in any way, but maybe you've come across a game that hasn't been thoroughly tested yet or something like that.

Yea, I'm one of the guys who ordered a little later and haven't received one yet. I could only speak for myself but I just want the TO team to take whatever time they need to resolve whatever issues they are having. I could care less if I don't see my product for a year, as long as it works as it should. I understand shit like this happens. I'm just happy that early adopters were able to report these issues before more were sent out.

Tanooki
01-24-2018, 07:42 AM
So can it even be guessed at this point if this is a problem with the firmware, hardware, both? I saw that some refunds and returns are already being issued by neodev which is admirable. I just wonder where the issues lie and if it's with stock consoles, modded, or doesn't matter and both.

neosd
01-24-2018, 08:04 AM
So can it even be guessed at this point if this is a problem with the firmware, hardware, both? I saw that some refunds and returns are already being issued by neodev which is admirable. I just wonder where the issues lie and if it's with stock consoles, modded, or doesn't matter and both.

Only 1 guy got a refund.

I offered him a refund cause i donīt want him as a customer anymore. It was not about the issue, it was about him (his actitude)

Its not i donīt want him as a SSDS3 customer, i donīt want him as a customer anymore and fortunally we have the right to not sell to a guy if we donīt want.
This wasnīt about him reporting an issue, we donīt ban people cause that, we ban people that lacks of education, so we offered him a ban (in a form of a refund) and he was kind enough to acept it.
So we all are more happy now. We donīt have to deal with him in the future and he will not have to read neo-geo.com forums again (this is what he said, that he was happy to not come back here)

About the issue :

We got a solution since monday,
We are working on explain it, doing videos to compare the original RGB signal and the current one.
So everyone can understands what happened from a real point, not only listening those guys pretending this is worldīs end.

It was not the big issue some guys prentended to be, but there was an issue for sure. So we are going to deliver a solution as we did with anyone having one with neosd.

No one is going to get dissapointed with the solution (atleast we think so).

Solution took some time, preparing the videos to explain it takes time aswel.

So, again, let us work and clamn down.

Before the week ends everything will come back to normal situation and life will go on.

Alex,

wju2004
01-24-2018, 08:27 AM
Only 1 guy got a refund.

I offered him a refund cause i donīt want him as a customer anymore. It was not about the issue, it was about him.

Its not i donīt want him as a SSDS3 customer, i donīt want him as a customer anymore and fortunally we have the right to not sell to a guy if we donīt want.
This wasnīt about him reporting an issue, we donīt ban people cause that, we ban people that lacks of education, so we offered him a ban (in a form of a refund) and he was kind enough to acept it.
So we all are more happy now. We donīt have to deal with him in the future and he will not have to read neo-geo.com forums again (this is what he said, that he was happy to not come back here)

About the issue :

We are working on explain it, doing videos to compare the original RGB signal and the current one.
So everyone can understands what happened from a real point, not only listening those guys pretending this is worldīs end.

It was not the big issue some guys prentended to be, but there was an issue for sure. So we are going to deliver a solution as we did with anyone having one with neosd.

Before the week ends everything will come back to normal situation and life will go on.

Alex,

Keep up the good work. I can only imagine some of the emails you guys are dealing with. Just looking forward to getting this wonderful gadget in hand and getting to play.

GohanX
01-24-2018, 08:29 AM
I'm gonna shift gears from the video issue and talk about how well this thing works.

I ran completely through the normal path of Dracula X last night, and played a few other games. This thing is tits. I've been playing Dracula X for years and I'm used to the pauses and loading times, and for the most part there just aren't any anymore. The game loads instantly, there is pretty much no pause between stages, and when the music loops in a stage it doesn't pause with as second of silence. This is really cool on games where the redbook audio track is much shorter than the stage. It was a little weird playing the boss rush in Stage 6, normally there is a brief pause between each of the bosses as it loads, then a longer pause when you fight Shaft. Now there is no pause between the first bosses and only a fraction of a second pause when it's loading Shaft. I can dig it.

fenikso
01-24-2018, 08:38 AM
Holy crap, I'm ready for this. I think I'm more stoked for this than I was for the Neo SD. I was pretty fucking stoked for the Neo SD.

wyo
01-24-2018, 08:45 AM
Maybe the video issues aren't affecting me because mine has the resistors and caps on the device, rather than straight pass through?

Wow, so this mess was potentially caused by a few autists that complained about cable specifications WITHOUT EVEN SEEING THE DEVICE. Thanks, faggots.

RAZO
01-24-2018, 08:49 AM
Wow, so this mess was potentially caused by a few autists that complained about cable specifications WITHOUT EVEN SEEING THE DEVICE. Thanks, faggots.

I was thinking the same thing.

thomasmahler
01-24-2018, 08:54 AM
All the whining in this thread pushed aside, this is an insanely fun little device. It's awesome to have your entire catalogue of PCE/TG16 games in that little box and I've been playing a whole bunch of games over the past few days, didn't have any issues.

Can't wait to see what you guys are doing next, I'll be a day-1 customer! :)

flashbackx
01-24-2018, 09:17 AM
Nice! Thanks for the update Alex.

Reynold1
01-24-2018, 09:24 AM
I am so excited after all the positive things I am hearing about the unit! Take however long you need to, NeoSD, I know it is all worth it! Keep up the good work, as the Neo SD itself blew my mind, I'm sure this will too!

GadgetUK
01-24-2018, 09:59 AM

That seriously made me ROFLMAO!

EDIT: So funny in fact I've had to add it to my signature.

Thierry Henry
01-24-2018, 10:08 AM

I was reading some stuff to do with this device over at this other forum (shmups?). I can't recall now.
I stopped reading at the point where they're pulling out oscilloscopes and shit and posting graphs, and whatever.

With autism, a game is not just a game.

Jibbajaba
01-24-2018, 10:32 AM
This is inspiring me to try to fix my PC Engine so that I can get in on one of these deals.

neosd
01-24-2018, 10:39 AM
That seriously made me ROFLMAO!

EDIT: So funny in fact I've had to add it to my signature.

whats sad is people telling at youtube that this is a huge issue, without even having one and then moaning about not had received a review unit on the coments.

I canīt believe the level of some folks, world such a big place for diversity

GohanX
01-24-2018, 10:42 AM
Hey Youtube guy, I've got your review unit right here.

https://i.imgur.com/ts490oe.gif

pixeljunkie
01-24-2018, 10:51 AM
whats sad is people telling at youtube that this is a huge issue, without even having one and then moaning about not had received a review unit on the coments.

I canīt believe the level of some folks, world such a big place for diversity

Yeah, that is insanely frustrating. The more niche the crowd in "retro" games, the more petty and stupid the squeaky wheels are. Meanwhile, the majority are just stoked to get our hands on one. Hang in there and don't let this ruin it for you guys. This is a huge success.

AlxUnderBase
01-24-2018, 11:12 AM

You read my thoughts about those guys who deliver fake news :snack:

RevQuixo
01-24-2018, 11:24 AM

Except this is totally false

The cap and resistor location has zero to do with making CSYNC work properly

They also have nothing to do with the the audio and video noise some of having.

If effects the brightness of the picture depending on the cable used. AND THAT'S IT.

Tanooki
01-24-2018, 11:24 AM
Only 1 guy got a refund.

I offered him a refund cause i donīt want him as a customer anymore. It was not about the issue, it was about him (his actitude)

About the issue :

I just wanted to say thanks Alex. I hope that didn't come off wrong when I wrote it. I saw you took care of that guy pretty quick and he was a bit whiny too, yet I thought I saw a comment leaving it open to refund others who wanted to complain. I would imagine it's best to get rid of human garbage who can't be patient enough long enough to get a fix. It's not like you're incompetent as the Neo MVS/AES kit shows you know your stuff. The fact you're quick with figuring it out and getting out the announcement under an hour ago says a lot.

GadgetUK
01-24-2018, 12:04 PM
Except this is totally false

The cap and resistor location has zero to do with making CSYNC work properly

They also have nothing to do with the the audio and video noise some of having.

If effects the brightness of the picture depending on the cable used. AND THAT'S IT.

Yeah, you're right! Apparently its all about ground planes. EDIT: Still made me LOL.

MobiusStripTech
01-24-2018, 03:42 PM
Despite the unwarranted ban on my account, I was able to continue working with the TerraOnion team and I found the issue with my specific board. While I was experiencing some of the issues that are now known to be factual, there was a manufacturing defect I uncovered causing additional issues.

Rot
01-24-2018, 03:51 PM
Despite the unwarranted ban on my account

Don't push it...

IF you are going to PM a someone... make sure it's not an Admin account that is basically there to carry out disciplinary measures...

MobiusStripTech
01-24-2018, 04:02 PM
If it was warranted then why wouldn't that be a rule that's posted somewhere? As well as why wasn't the person who told everyone to PM said admin banned?

Rot
01-24-2018, 04:14 PM
If it was warranted then why wouldn't that be a rule that's posted somewhere? As well as why wasn't the person who told everyone to PM said admin banned?

OK... here's some fun facts...

1. NG.com has its own rules concerning the direct linking of Roms... Shawn our site owner and the mod team do not want unwarranted "Cease and Desist" letters... (IF YOU had read around... you'd have realised there are NO rom links besides one that is hidden away)
2. Yodd posted a direct link... and I came back as soon as I saw it... i LIKE Yodd... and so I dealt with it without fuss... (EVEN tho... Yodd knew I was taking a break)...
3. Then Yodd decided to tell everyone to PM Dredd... which essentially is a shared Admin account... (Yodd always liked to Funster)...
4. EVERYONE who knows anything about this site knows that the Dredd account is basically the discipline account and is used ONLY as such... and so for you to PM the Dredd account asking for rom links was dumb as fuck...

LOOK Mobius... I am fuckin' relaxing here... for the reasons I posted above...

You are walking a very thin line atm... just carry on posting normally... as I'm cutting you a break here...

Don't waste it...

TIKIPOD
01-24-2018, 04:30 PM
1st post - I just wanted to say I am very excited for the SSD System 3, though I probably won't get it for a while as ordered in late December :(
I wonder if it will work with my modded PC Engine (I have a regular unmodded one too, so no problem if it doesn't). I found that the console used to get quite hot when used, due to the transistor and heatsink part on the PCB. So I removed those parts and rewired it so it now runs off an HTC Desire power supply (outputs 5v 1A).
Hopefully that's enough Amps to drive the SSDS3 too!

MobiusStripTech
01-24-2018, 04:35 PM
Amperage won't be your problem. Voltage might depending on what is expected in the device.

neozeed64
01-24-2018, 05:17 PM
1st post - I just wanted to say I am very excited for the SSD System 3, though I probably won't get it for a while as ordered in late December :(
I wonder if it will work with my modded PC Engine (I have a regular unmodded one too, so no problem if it doesn't). I found that the console used to get quite hot when used, due to the transistor and heatsink part on the PCB. So I removed those parts and rewired it so it now runs off an HTC Desire power supply (outputs 5v 1A).

That mod looks great, any more details?

TIKIPOD
01-24-2018, 05:34 PM
Thanks MobiusStripTech - well from memory the transistor was outputting 5v to the mainboard before I removed it, so in theory it all should be ok then :D

And thanks neozeed64. I did the mod a while back so memory is a bit hazy, but I`ll explain what I can.
The region switch button (black) was a monster 16pole dual throw thing, not very elegant but did the job (it needed secure bracing at the far end as its pretty chunky). There is a full RGB scart socket on the side as you can see in the photo, where the old RF out used to be. Its setup to use any generic scart to scart lead, so all the extra rgb stuff is in-console. And for the powersupply, the old Japanese PSU was inputting 9v 650mA, but once it passed through the transistor with heatsink, the voltage was fed out as 5v. So I removed the heatsink and transistor, added a new fuse and wired up the regular PCE power input accordingly. I then used an HTC Desire charger (outputs 5v 1A) with a usb cable that has a PCE compatible plug on the other end (sourced from a seller on Amazon).

donluca
01-24-2018, 05:47 PM
Amperage won't be your problem. Voltage might depending on what is expected in the device.

It's the exact opposite. Once you've figured out the correct voltage the console is expecting to work on, you need to understand how much current it needs.

I'll take a wild guess and say the regulator was the ubiquitous 7805. If that's the case, a 1A PSU should suffice.

MobiusStripTech
01-24-2018, 08:54 PM
It's the exact opposite. Once you've figured out the correct voltage the console is expecting to work on, you need to understand how much current it needs.

I'll take a wild guess and say the regulator was the ubiquitous 7805. If that's the case, a 1A PSU should suffice.

Actually sorry to say you are mistaken. The amperage matters yes. 1A is plenty to run the SSD3 and a PC Engine. The issue is that his console had a 7805. The 7805 takes a minimum of 7v to produce 5v. It's in the datasheet. So now that his console is running off of 5v that part is fine. However, now you have to take into consideration that the SSD3 is going to be taking power from the system. If the SSD3 is using a linear regulator similar to the 7805 and is expecting system input voltage which would be 7v or higher, generally 9v, and then again regulating it down to 5v or even 3.3v.

Now if the SSD3 is taking voltage from the 5v connection on the console, then yes, using a 5v power supply with 1A would be absolutely fine. With the SSD3 running on a PC Engine, you are only using about .34A to .40A.

GohanX
01-24-2018, 11:51 PM
The power output pin on the expansion connector is 5V.

Raph4
01-25-2018, 12:18 AM

Wow, best PC-Engine mod I have never seen :eek:

donluca
01-25-2018, 05:48 AM
Actually sorry to say you are mistaken.

No need to be sorry, we're all here to learn ;)

I see your point and it makes sense, but it seems like the SSD3 used the regulated 5V (another user confirmed it). So yeah, 1A is definitely enough juice to power both the PC Engine and the SSD3.

TIKIPOD
01-25-2018, 06:50 AM
Thanks all for confirming about the Volts and Amps. BTW I was wondering why I cannot see the jpg I posted, is that because my account here just opened?

GadgetUK
01-25-2018, 10:37 AM
9V 1A will work fine. The current is relevant - if you get a 9V 100mA PSU, it's not going to work! Both voltage and current are relevant.

MobiusStripTech
01-25-2018, 10:44 AM
9V 1A will work fine. The current is relevant - if you get a 9V 100mA PSU, it's not going to work! Both voltage and current are relevant.

Correct both are important. My point was only that he had already stated that he had a 1A PSU, which is plenty. The only question was if the SSD3 was expecting 5v coming in from the PC Engine or if it was expecting 7v+. As long as it was expecting the regulated 5v coming in, then there was no problem with having modified the PC Engine to run off 5v.

GadgetUK
01-25-2018, 11:50 AM
Correct both are important. My point was only that he had already stated that he had a 1A PSU, which is plenty. The only question was if the SSD3 was expecting 5v coming in from the PC Engine or if it was expecting 7v+. As long as it was expecting the regulated 5v coming in, then there was no problem with having modified the PC Engine to run off 5v.

Good point! =D

Loukey
01-25-2018, 02:19 PM
Thanks all for confirming about the Volts and Amps. BTW I was wondering why I cannot see the jpg I posted, is that because my account here just opened?

Makes me glad i’m Not the only one who can’t see the pics everybody is referencing. :)

zz99
01-26-2018, 03:27 AM
All I can say is I'm loving the Super SD 3

Looks bloomin marvellous on my Sony 49" XE90 through an OSSC 5x lines 1080p, using a cheapo Megadrive 2 cable from Amazon :

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001FONXB8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Been spending far too long playing Gate of Thunder. Just one more go :)

Recap
01-27-2018, 06:08 PM
Hi,

Sorry if this was asked before -- will the IMG-CUE format be supported from the get-go? Seems it's quite popular due to Trurip conventions, with many games absent in Redump's lists.

Thanks.

fenikso
01-27-2018, 06:37 PM
Hi,

Sorry if this was asked before -- will the IMG-CUE format be supported from the get-go? Seems it's quite popular due to Trurip conventions, with many games absent in Redump's lists.

Thanks.

The cart currently supports cue+iso and cue+bin, but adding cue+wav is easy. cue+mp3 and similar formats with compressed audio won't be supported.

From the FAQ on the first page.

Syn
01-27-2018, 07:05 PM
Can't help but chuckle that Recap would need a recap:keke:

fenikso
01-27-2018, 07:07 PM
The irony was not lost on me.

Recap
01-27-2018, 07:43 PM
That info is outdated since the manual already states that WAV-CUE has already been added. And of course it doesn't address my question, which was about IMG-CUE. The irony.

Yodd
01-27-2018, 07:52 PM
That info is outdated since the manual already states that WAV-CUE has already been added. And of course it doesn't address my question, which was about IMG-CUE. The irony.

Can you PM me with a link to something I can test and I will report back in the thread.

Raph4
01-28-2018, 01:16 AM
Can you PM me with a link to something I can test and I will report back in the thread.

If you can, test backup from Trurip too "cue img ccd sub"

fenikso
01-28-2018, 05:06 AM
.CCD is not planned for the first firmware release, as there is little benefit of that format over .cue .

We have noticed some dumps that have .ccd and .cue files in them, and they work fine, the .img file of clonecd is readable with an appropiate .cue in those dumps.

Here's another recap for you, Recap.

Recap
01-28-2018, 05:26 AM
I knew you could do it right; thanks.

donluca
01-28-2018, 06:22 AM
If you can, test backup from Trurip too "cue img ccd sub"

IIRC NeoSD stated that as long as a cue file was present, it would work but the sub data would not be considered.

legolas119
01-28-2018, 07:46 AM
hi, do you confirm that i will receive an email when my Super SD System will be shipped?
thank you!

Raph4
01-28-2018, 08:09 AM
OK, thanks all for your fast reply

Rot
01-28-2018, 08:14 AM
hi, do you confirm that i will receive an email when my Super SD System will be shipped?
thank you!

Some days... I sit in chat... and fuckin' facepalm a lot...

It's mainly when I see a random question like this... when there's PAGES of posts... that indicate the current situ... especially with shipping of the SD 3's...

It's people like you Legolas who go... like... "FUCK... why should I read anything..."... /clicks quick reply...

@legolas... you have been guilty of this MANY times in the past...

ONE day... i may get tired of facepalming after reading your posts... and go straight to... "Fuckin' over your account" mode.....

Syn
01-29-2018, 12:18 AM
Looks like you scared everyone off Rot :keke:

Y'all can still talk about how excited you are for this!

Neo NooNaN
01-29-2018, 03:35 PM
IIRC NeoSD stated that as long as a cue file was present, it would work but the sub data would not be considered.

Which .cue generator would be best for sets with .ccd + .img + .sub?

Rot
01-29-2018, 03:47 PM
Which .cue generator would be best for sets with .ccd + .img + .sub?

There are certain "sets" that are available to people...

It's a chat (http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/arrowchat/public/popout/?cid=1&ah=1) or PM thing...

xROTx

MobiusStripTech
01-29-2018, 04:01 PM
It's a trap!

Syn
01-29-2018, 09:02 PM
It's a trap!

I can see where you'd think that;)

We sort of were convinced to stop telling noobs to pm Rot.

Yodd got some of you to pm Dredd which was hilarious to regular members :keke:

Jibbajaba
01-29-2018, 09:19 PM
Yodd got some of you to pm Dredd which was hilarious to regular members :keke:

That was fucking amazing. I couldn't believe that anyone would do it, but I guess there are people here who don't know what the deal is.

MobiusStripTech
01-29-2018, 09:25 PM
Considering that it's an unwritten rule and there are a lot of new people who are here for this device. I don't really think it's hard to believe at all. Once the TerraOnion forum opens many of the new people will probably bounce.

RAZO
01-29-2018, 09:33 PM
Once the TerraOnion forum opens many of the new people will probably bounce.

Good

Jibbajaba
01-29-2018, 11:49 PM
Good

Cosigned.

Rot
01-30-2018, 01:15 AM
Once the TerraOnion forum opens many of the new people will probably bounce.

Don't let the door kick your ass on the way out...

fenikso
01-30-2018, 07:30 AM
Considering that it's an unwritten rule and there are a lot of new people who are here for this device. I don't really think it's hard to believe at all. Once the TerraOnion forum opens many of the new people will probably bounce.

You seem super upset over what was a very small prank that netted you a 24hr ban. Consider growing a sense of humor.

DoDonpachi
01-30-2018, 07:38 AM
About the issue :

Alex,

Hi Alex,
any updates?

fenikso
01-30-2018, 07:40 AM
Hi Alex,
any updates?

There's a whole thread about it in this same forum.

DoDonpachi
01-30-2018, 07:43 AM
Oops. My fault. Did not recognize that there is another thread about the same stuff. Sry.

fenikso
01-30-2018, 07:48 AM
No worries.

Neo NooNaN
01-30-2018, 09:10 AM
It's a trap!

LOL - it's all good. He's a pussy cat. :)

Rot
01-30-2018, 09:18 AM
LOL - it's all good. He's a pussy cat. :)

...always within reason... the forum and the scene are my priorities when i'm online...

NG.com is a madhouse... and there are lots of unwritten rules and certain quirks...

xROTx

PS. I don't mind going the extra mile for some of you guys... but the forums and it's memberbase should know where the lines are when it concerns myself... or the other mods...

monads
01-30-2018, 10:35 PM
That was fucking amazing. I couldn't believe that anyone would do it, but I guess there are people here who don't know what the deal is.

It's actually funny looking back! :lolz: Yodd you jokester! I should've known better but it's all good. I was here before the awesome PCE Super SD System 3 (I know I pop up randomly) and I don't plan on going anywhere soon cause I still love the Neo and this website :buttrock:

Syn
01-31-2018, 12:29 AM
That's the right attitude;)

It was a joke, done at a slow time that's not a big deal. The funstering is just what most do.

_Adoru_
01-31-2018, 01:14 PM
First, many thanks for the SS3 Alex and the team ! I would like to submit an idea for a future firmware : many games have a (very) bad sound balance between PSG sound effects and CD-DA music. Would it be possible to make a software mixer to adjust the balance?
Best Regards

MobiusStripTech
01-31-2018, 02:27 PM
First, many thanks for the SS3 Alex and the team ! I would like to submit an idea for a future firmware : many games have a (very) bad sound balance between PSG sound effects and CD-DA music. Would it be possible to make a software mixer to adjust the balance?
Best Regards

The team already said in the official statement that they found the same issues with the audio circuit and would be changing it for the new revision. It will be a hardware change and it will match the output of the IFU.

neosd
01-31-2018, 02:48 PM
The team already said in the official statement that they found the same issues with the audio circuit and would be changing it for the new revision. It will be a hardware change and it will match the output of the IFU.

Audio level output can be adjusted by software and by hardware.

We have adjusted the output on the new pcb by hardware. Its adjusted by changing the value of two different sets of resistors, one for the CD audio and other one for the pcengine audio.

We adjusted it this time by hardware changing those resistors, but we could have done that by software aswel.

So a future adjustment could be done by software if needed, even we measured the leves with different games to match the original levels

Thanks

wyo
01-31-2018, 03:16 PM
Audio level output can be adjusted by software and by hardware.

We have adjusted the output on the new pcb by hardware. Its adjusted by changing the value of two different sets of resistors, one for the CD audio and other one for the pcengine audio.

We adjusted it this time by hardware changing those resistors, but we could have done that by software aswel.

So a future adjustment could be done by software if needed, even we measured the leves with different games to match the original levels

Thanks

Separate volume adjustment for PCE and CD sound would be a fantastic feature. There are some great CD soundtracks that kind of get drowned out by sound effects.

_Adoru_
02-01-2018, 06:10 PM
Thank you for your reply ! I dream of this option since 1990, and I even planned to do a hardware mod :)
I'm impatient for any further improvement on the SS3, good luck an thank you for all your great work !

trenton_net
02-02-2018, 10:03 AM
Question: Being a PC-Engine collector, does the Super SD System 3 support Game Express titles? That is, CD-ROM games from Game Express that require their proprietary Game Express system cards? I assume if I put a Game Express system card into my PC-Engine, it will read that instead of the built in System Cards?

https://www.hit-japan.com/pce/11101108068.JPG

RevQuixo
02-02-2018, 10:21 AM
Question: Being a PC-Engine collector, does the Super SD System 3 support Game Express titles? That is, CD-ROM games from Game Express that require their proprietary Game Express system cards? I assume if I put a Game Express system card into my PC-Engine, it will read that instead of the built in System Cards?

https://www.hit-japan.com/pce/11101108068.JPG

Already answered somewhere in this thread: yes.

trenton_net
02-02-2018, 10:26 AM
Already answered somewhere in this thread: yes.

Ah, my apologies then! I clearly missed it. (^_^);

One100bill
02-03-2018, 10:12 AM
Patiently waiting for the status to change to “Shipped”. Ahhhhh!!! Ordered on December 11, 2017. SuperGrafx and Framemeister ready to work. Question, I have a JP21 RGB Sega Genesis 2 cable. Will the work or does it have to be Scart instead of JP21? Anyone?

wyo
02-03-2018, 10:36 AM
Patiently waiting for the status to change to “Shipped”. Ahhhhh!!! Ordered on December 11, 2017. SuperGrafx and Framemeister ready to work. Question, I have a JP21 RGB Sega Genesis 2 cable. Will the work or does it have to be Scart instead of JP21? Anyone?

You can use it to connect to your Framemeister, provided you have the correct adapter.

DirkSwizzler
02-03-2018, 01:37 PM
You can use it to connect to your Framemeister, provided you have the correct adapter.

To expand on this. JP21 and Euroscart just have signals wired to different pins on the 21 pin side.

TL;DR: Verify that a given cable and the device you’re plugging it into are both JP21 or both Euroscart. Never mix them up. Because they have the same shape but different pinouts.

Longer: The console side of the cable is always determined by the console itself. And the expected voltages on the output signal pins are the same. So it’s literally just a matter of a pass thru adapter putting the signals on the expected output pins if you need to switch from one to the other.

Euroscart is the standard which is getting much more support from the retro community these days. So, if you need a new cable it may be a good idea to switch to Euroscart to avoid headaches later.

One100bill
02-03-2018, 05:19 PM
Thanks @ wyo and DirkSwizzler. Then I’m covered. All of my retro consoles connect via the JP21 adapter that came with the framemeister.

RevQuixo
02-03-2018, 06:12 PM

Yeah..you've got at least 5 weeks to go.

One100bill
02-03-2018, 07:03 PM
Yeah..you've got at least 5 weeks to go.

Oh man! Oh well, time flies!

neozeed64
02-03-2018, 08:32 PM
to terraonion. I originally tried to order on 12/9, I finally got an order through on 12/11 due to a problem with your bank. I added UPS delivery to my order to get it sooner, but with all the problems this appears to be a waste of money. Can I change my order to the cheaper shipping? I believe it was an extra $30.

GohanX
02-03-2018, 09:15 PM
You'll still get your order about two weeks sooner with ups.

wyo
02-03-2018, 09:30 PM
to terraonion. I originally tried to order on 12/9, I finally got an order through on 12/11 due to a problem with your bank. I added UPS delivery to my order to get it sooner, but with all the problems this appears to be a waste of money. Can I change my order to the cheaper shipping? I believe it was an extra $30.

LOL, this guy...

neozeed64
02-04-2018, 06:29 PM
LOL, this guy...

I was originally hyped to get it asap. At this point it doesnt seem as big a deal. 30 bucks is 30 bucks, but as someone else pointed out it will be in transit far shorter with ups. So I guess it will be worth it in that respect.

neosd
02-05-2018, 12:38 PM
I was originally hyped to get it asap. At this point it doesnt seem as big a deal. 30 bucks is 30 bucks, but as someone else pointed out it will be in transit far shorter with ups. So I guess it will be worth it in that respect.

Its 18 bucks less, not 30 and a big headache to us cause this would force us a huge lot of paperwork.

BTW, we should have the new SSD3 board for at the end of this week ... we will do the same as before : solder two units it by hand to validate the pcb and start producing factory units.

Again, patience, we are doing a lot of things right now and we are really running out of free time to answer things on forums

dl1955
02-05-2018, 02:58 PM
Its 18 bucks less, not 30 and a big headache to us cause this would force us a huge lot of paperwork.

BTW, we should have the new SSD3 board for at the end of this week ... we will do the same as before : solder two units it by hand to validate the pcb and start producing factory units.

Again, patience, we are doing a lot of things right now and we are really running out of free time to answer things on forums

Thank you so much for the update.

neozeed64
02-05-2018, 08:43 PM

Fair enough. In hindsight, I apologize for bothering you guys abought this.

Syn
02-05-2018, 10:07 PM
I honestly think you would have regretted it come shipping day ;)

legolas119
02-08-2018, 03:09 PM
Hi, i'm preparing my 64GB Sandisk microSD. It is formatted in exFat. And currently I configured it in this wa. In the root I put:

1) BIOS folder, with 2 files inside named: [BIOS] Super CD-ROM System (Japan) (v3.0).pce and [BIOS] Games Express CD Card (Japan).pce
2) HUCARDS folder, with inside some .pce rom games
3) CD ROMS folder, with inside all the .cue and .iso files of all my games

Do you confirm that this configuration is correct? Or is it necessary to change anything?

thank you!

MobiusStripTech
02-08-2018, 03:12 PM
Hi, i'm preparing my 64GB Sandisk microSD. It is formatted in exFat. And currently I configured it in this wa. In the root I put:

1) BIOS folder, with 2 files inside named: [BIOS] Super CD-ROM System (Japan) (v3.0).pce and [BIOS] Games Express CD Card (Japan).pce
2) HUCARDS folder, with inside some .pce rom games
3) CD ROMS folder, with inside all the .cue and .iso files of all my games

Do you confirm that this configuration is correct? Or is it necessary to change anything?

thank you!

To make your life easier, you should put the CD games in separate folders inside your CD folder.

legolas119
02-08-2018, 03:26 PM
To make your life easier, you should put the CD games in separate folders inside your CD folder.

Ah ok. So, for example, I put these 2 files:

Akumajou_Dracula_X_-_Chi_no_Rinne_(NTSC-J)_[KMCD3005].cue
Akumajou_Dracula_X_-_Chi_no_Rinne_(NTSC-J)_[KMCD3005].iso

in a folder named for example Akumajou Dracula X and then i put this folder in the folder CD GAMES. And I follow this for every cd game. Correct?

MobiusStripTech
02-08-2018, 03:47 PM
Yes. That will make it easier for organizing.

legolas119
02-08-2018, 03:59 PM
done! It doesn't matter the named that I use for every folder, am I right? It isn't necessary to name the folder with same name of .bin/cue file name, correct?

MobiusStripTech
02-08-2018, 04:02 PM
Correct you can name it however you want.

legolas119
02-08-2018, 04:07 PM
Correct you can name it however you want.
thank you

In this way games on cd format will be correctly detected in the CD ROMS section on the SD System 3 and the pce format games will be detected in the Hucard section. Right?

MobiusStripTech
02-08-2018, 04:25 PM
Yes. You don't need separate folders for the device to read correctly but it will help you to manage your files in case you need to update things. Or in cases where you may have multiple revisions of the same game.

legolas119
02-08-2018, 04:29 PM
perfect, i have understood. thanks

Solmin
02-08-2018, 05:46 PM
So cool!!!

gozaimas
02-09-2018, 03:26 AM
Got mine up and running today. I've never been a PCE owner till now, so I don't have any prior experience with the system to compare it to, but all I can say is that I'm absolutely delighted. The picture, through my Sony 2130QM, is unbelievably vivid. The sound is bright and load times are whip fast. God, Star Soldier! What a game. Seems like the place to be for pre-Saturn shmups, for sure. Totally overjoyed.

The only slight problem I'm having is figuring out how to get back to the SD menu from a game. I've tried holding down the Select and Run buttons, as per Terraonion's video, but all it does is rest the game, not return to the game select menu. Any ideas? For future projects, a few pointers on the controls in the instruction manual wouldn't go amiss!

[OCEAN]
02-09-2018, 03:53 AM
Got mine up and running today. I've never been a PCE owner till now, so I don't have any prior experience with the system to compare it to, but all I can say is that I'm absolutely delighted. The picture, through my Sony 2130QM, is unbelievably vivid. The sound is bright and load times are whip fast. God, Star Soldier! What a game. Seems like the place to be for pre-Saturn shmups, for sure. Totally overjoyed.

The only slight problem I'm having is figuring out how to get back to the SD menu from a game. I've tried holding down the Select and Run buttons, as per Terraonion's video, but all it does is rest the game, not return to the game select menu. Any ideas? For future projects, a few pointers on the controls in the instruction manual wouldn't go amiss!

If you want the select+run shortcut to work, you must enable it in the options menu. I think it's disabled by default, since it might cause problems with some game.

neosd
02-09-2018, 03:54 AM

You have to hold the combo even if the board reboots, donīt release it until menu shows

;4272008']If you want the select+run shortcut to work, you must enable it in the options menu. I think it's disabled by default, since it might cause problems with some game.

this is correct aswel, i think the manual explains that.

gozaimas
02-09-2018, 04:01 AM
ah, yes, that works now that I turned the option on in the menu. Thanks!

neosd
02-09-2018, 03:36 PM
EDIT - PRODUCTION STATUS - 09-02-2018

We got the new pcbs today from factory

NEW Panel front picture:

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/pce_new_boards_1.jpeg

There is only one visible change on the front, www.neosdstore.com has been replaced by www.terraonion.com

On the back there are more changes

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/pce_new_boards_2.jpeg

On the left its the OLD pcb and on the right there is the NEW one.

We have soldered the new pcb today by hand and everything works fine, rgb issue is gone :)

So whats the road map as today ?

monday 12th february we enter into production for the batch. we should be shipping again before the month ends, i think factory will take about 14-21 days to provide us the boards.

Thanks

fille1976
02-09-2018, 03:52 PM
Thx neosd for the update.

legolas119
02-09-2018, 04:19 PM
thank you

Yodd
02-09-2018, 04:47 PM
Heck yeah!!

:buttrock::buttrock:

AlxUnderBase
02-10-2018, 01:58 AM
EDIT - PRODUCTION STATUS - 09-02-2018

We have soldered the new pcb today by hand and everything works fine, rgb issue is gone :)

So whats the road map as today ?

monday 12th february we enter into production for the batch. we should be shipping again before the month ends, i think factory will take about 14-21 days to provide us the boards.

Thanks

That means POWER & strenght ! you are rock sir !

neosd
02-10-2018, 07:31 AM
Hello,

Some videos of the new pcb, its the same footage captured with the Framemeister and with a camera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZeZJYjLeiU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWkNYD0a7J8

Loukey
02-10-2018, 09:59 AM
Looks really good!

Raph4
02-10-2018, 12:35 PM
one word: perfect.

:drool:

Dochartaigh
02-10-2018, 01:19 PM
If this has been mentioned, I apologize, but if I were to order today, I know I'm at the very back of the line – but are we talking about 2 months? 6 months? A year? lead time or what? (super rough ballpark is totally fine - I know there's a number of variables at work with a cool product like this).

neosd
02-10-2018, 01:53 PM
If this has been mentioned, I apologize, but if I were to order today, I know I'm at the very back of the line – but are we talking about 2 months? 6 months? A year? lead time or what? (super rough ballpark is totally fine - I know there's a number of variables at work with a cool product like this).

Hard to say but i would say 6-8 weeks after the day we start shipping this batch, it depends only on how many units per week we are able to ship.

We have plans to hire someone to help us packing, validating and shipping packets so this may ended being much less.

We have submited a big batch but most of this is already sold, after everything produced is shipped there is going to be another 1,5 months to get more units produced (atleast i think so).

The big batch order was submited with the plan to be able to ship any ordered unit until shipping day.

Once that, everyone is going to have to wait, we have NEOSD and prototypes for other projects on queue at factory, as since now we are moving to BGA for new projects and we canīt produce prototypes outside factory, so this takes production slots aswel.

After the queue is cleared we will submit another SSDS3 batch based on the orders on this point.

Thanks

Dochartaigh
02-10-2018, 05:35 PM
We have submited a big batch but most of this is already sold, after everything produced is shipped there is going to be another 1,5 months to get more units produced (atleast i think so).

Thank you for the detailed reply! I just ordered - crossing my fingers that since you said most of this batch is already sold, that I might just sneak in at the back of the line (if not, I'll get it when I get it and be happy regardless!). This is my first flash cart ever (and for a system I've never owned before) so I'm excited to try out a new system and it's library of games. Thanks again and have a good one.

neosd
02-12-2018, 04:30 AM
Hello,

We are receiving a lot emails asking for when people can send back pbs.

This has been explained before, we will give instructions as soon as we have the boards in stock and the forum ready, as today we donīt have any of those, so we are not going to answer those emails.

Please, donīt hammer, be patient

Thanks

torgo100
02-12-2018, 09:55 AM
Thanks much for the updates! I've got my OSSC dialed-in, and I'm passing the time by playing genesis, Saturn, Jaguar, SNES, and Neo Geo games :-) My Super NT arrives tomorrow, so that should should distract me from thinking about this a bit as well.

Can't wait!

Mmm
02-13-2018, 04:07 AM
Hello,
just to know what happened to my order, i had to sign up to a forum, hoped that i was accepted and then i had to read 57 pages.
After reading diagonally those pages i found out that i was not ordering an item but pre-ordering one.
It even gets worst...after reading all this, the only thing that i know is ....someday, eventually, i will get my cart.
Got to say...this is very frustrating.
I will not return to this forum since there isn't any conclusive information here and, after all, only passed 1 month and few weeks after my order.
Cordially,
Miguel

Rot
02-13-2018, 04:18 AM
Hello,
just to know what happened to my order, i had to sign up to a forum, hoped that i was accepted and then i had to read 57 pages.
After reading diagonally those pages i found out that i was not ordering an item but pre-ordering one.
It even gets worst...after reading all this, the only thing that i know is ....someday, eventually, i will get my cart.
I will not return to this forum since there isn't any conclusive information here and, after all, only passed 1 month and few weeks after my order.
Cordially,
Miguel

It's posts... and attitudes like this that make me fear for the gaming scene...

No sense of perspective... no real reading of the threads on hand... just ME ME ME...

Don't let the fuckin' door kick you in the face on the way out cunt...

AlxUnderBase
02-13-2018, 05:40 AM
Hello,

Cordially,
Miguel

you're joking , right ? can i called you a liar ? yes ... if you were reading some of posts you would have understood the entire process ... so, from my opinion you are a LIAR ! get lost ... "Cordially " ... miguel

neosd
02-13-2018, 06:17 AM
Hello,
Cordially,
Miguel

Hello,

I am amazed to see the lack of empaty people has those days.

On the product page there is a link to this forum pointing about production status.

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/frustration.png

You canīt say that you ordered a product being manufactured without know it, its writen in big red words.

Also, you canīt say here that you will be waiting for months without knowing when its going to be shipped cause we have been totally transparent on that.

In about 3 weeks we will be shipping back so if you have an order you are not going to be waiting "for months" for sure ...

Thanks

jsjesse
02-13-2018, 06:05 PM
Hello,

On the product page there is a link to this forum pointing about production status.

You canīt say that you ordered a product being manufactured without know it, its writen in big red words.

Also, you canīt say here that you will be waiting for months without knowing when its going to be shipped cause we have been totally transparent on that.

In about 3 weeks we will be shipping back so if you have an order you are not going to be waiting "for months" for sure ...

Thanks

I ordered mine about a month ago and I found out about the issues you guys are dealing with.
All I gotta say is TAKE YOUR TIME. I have no problems waiting for a quality product as long as you keep us updated.
The anticipation is what's killing me, but it's a good thing!

Thanks for all your hard work and bringing such a cool device to the Turbo/PCE Community! Cheers!

Tanooki
02-13-2018, 08:22 PM
MMMoron, clearly. Entitlement peon who can't read for shit. We may be dumping on the baby but he said he wouldn't come back, so hope for the best.

fille1976
02-14-2018, 02:28 AM
Its better to give such people just their money back like you did with that other person neosd,they don't deserve this product.
Reading is difficult for many these days.
And they don't get the ssd3 when they want and they begin tho whine like a baby.

FBBTJ
02-14-2018, 06:46 AM
Take your time. I'm waiting for such a device for many years now. I can wait some week or month more to have a great product :-)

Dochartaigh
02-14-2018, 12:15 PM
Can't wait to get my SSD3. Thank you NeoSD! - I would never have been able to experience this system without a product like yours. Picked up my very first TG16 last night in preparation (very clean, even had the film on the 2x TurboGrafx logos still!). I never owned a TG16 myself growing up, but played my buddies when I was maybe 14, so I have fond memories of the system still (with the limited number of games he had for it).

https://i.imgur.com/MzRX1uM.jpg

Thierry Henry
02-14-2018, 12:32 PM
^^
That looks in top shape. Nice!

greedostick
02-14-2018, 02:35 PM
I can't believe all the self entitled thumb suckers these days. I ordered my Super System 3 the second day after they dropped. Haven't checked this thread in weeks cause I know it will come, and it's like watching water boil.

You have been waiting almost 30 years for a product to play Super CD ISO's on real hardware.

A few more months wont kill you.

If you want shit "right now" buy next gen AAA titles.... Oh wait... They have thousands of people making them and get delayed YEARS.

What do you expect from a team of people probably less than a dozen developing hardware and software?

I waited over 4 years for Pier Solar. With no real updates,
This is nothing compared to that.

SmaMan
02-14-2018, 04:16 PM
Wowww! Well color me out of the loop for sure. Just learned about this today and I'm reeeeallly tempted to grab one right now but... money...

Has anyone tried using HD Retrovision's Component cables with this yet? I don't have a good RGB setup at the moment, and I'm fine with using the common man's composite, but that would be turbo awesome if it worked!

Yodd
02-14-2018, 04:27 PM
Yeah, they work. I haven’t personally tested it, but I think GohanX has.

GohanX
02-14-2018, 04:33 PM
Yup, worked great. At the moment I prefer using my internal RGB mod and Shinybow converter but that may change with the new PCB.

neozeed64
02-14-2018, 07:49 PM
I can't believe all the self entitled thumb suckers these days. I ordered my Super System 3 the second day after they dropped. Haven't checked this thread in weeks cause I know it will come, and it's like watching water boil.

You have been waiting almost 30 years for a product to play Super CD ISO's on real hardware.

A few more months wont kill you.

If you want shit "right now" buy next gen AAA titles.... Oh wait... They have thousands of people making them and get delayed YEARS.

What do you expect from a team of people probably less than a dozen developing hardware and software?

I waited over 4 years for Pier Solar. With no real updates,
This is nothing compared to that.

Hey ignore me if I'm just havin a flashback, but do I remember you from any DC boards or irc channels?

FBBTJ
02-16-2018, 06:40 AM
Hello,

Did you know if the Super SD System 3 is compatible with the PC Engine LT ?

It is not in the compatible list, but I was wondering if it is because it's not compatible or if it has not been tested yet (it is not common ...).

Thanks ;-)

MobiusStripTech
02-16-2018, 06:41 AM
Hello,

It is not in the compatible list, but I was wondering if it is because it's not compatible or if it has not been tested yet (it is not common ...).

Thanks ;-)

The expansion connector is the same. It should work just fine.

neodev
02-16-2018, 07:19 AM
Hello,

Thanks ;-)

It has not been tested there. I think it requires an adapter to connect expansion port devices.
As long as all connector pins are populated, it should work.

NeoTurfMasta
02-16-2018, 08:37 AM
I tested it on my LT and there are issues. It plugs in just fine, but the screen starts waving when the SSD3 is attached. No CD Audio goes through it either. I can show a video if interested.

EDIT: I need to take back what I said about the waving. I just plugged it back in a few minutes ago to record it and it's not happening now. When I first tried it, the screen would wave like crazy. If I closed the screen and played through RGB out it was fine. IDK, maybe my system was having a bad day. Seems ok now. And yes, I understand that the CDA would not travel through the LT's internal speaker.

MobiusStripTech
02-16-2018, 08:51 AM
I tested it on my LT and there are issues. It plugs in just fine, but the screen starts waving when the SSD3 is attached. No CD Audio goes through it either. I can show a video if interested.
The video issue is probably because of the ground plane issue on the first revision.

When you say the CD audio doesn't go through it, do you mean it doesn't play through the LT? That would be expected.

NeoTurfMasta
02-16-2018, 08:58 AM
Fits just fine.

https://i.imgur.com/7PUpsfe.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/FVEDXCu.jpg

ProGEO
02-16-2018, 11:18 AM
Fits just fine.

https://i.imgur.com/7PUpsfe.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/FVEDXCu.jpg

A PC Engine LT!! :eek::eek::buttrock::multi_co:

Syntax_x
02-16-2018, 05:00 PM
Hello,

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/frustration.png

Thanks

Let's be fair, writing "More info about shipping and other aspect" then give a link that isn't even hyper is lazy as fk and asking for angry customers wanting a return.

Could easily be avoided by following what others do.
Example would be paradise arcades recent darksoft kit preorders.

Nice green block states units won't ship until around a set date. Very professional.

I personally have 0 issues waiting a year but really none of us know when our units are expected. It's fuzzy.

neosd
02-16-2018, 05:44 PM
Let's be fair, writing "More info about shipping and other aspect" then give a link that isn't even hyper is lazy as fk and asking for angry customers wanting a return.

Could easily be avoided by following what others do.
Example would be paradise arcades recent darksoft kit preorders.

Nice green block states units won't ship until around a set date. Very professional.

I personally have 0 issues waiting a year but really none of us know when our units are expected. It's fuzzy.

Hello,

our plan was shipping all units first week of january (in worst scenario).
Unfortunally some of the first customers were not happy with the RGB output so this totally screwed the schelude.
We given all the avaliable infomation here since day one. Its impossible to know when we are going to ship, we know we should start shipping back in about 17 days since now, but cause how factoring works its really impossible to give dates until we have stock.

I am glad that darsof customers are happy having such acurate info, this is great.

Thanks for your coments and for leting us know that paradise arcades is a great place and we can buy such a nice piece of hardware from them.

Syn
02-16-2018, 05:59 PM
neosd has been keeping people informed as much as he can, without it affecting production. Sorry about the link...this may be the first he's heard of it.

neosd apparently we're going to need to GoPro your ass to keep some people happy! :keke:

Syntax_x
02-16-2018, 06:04 PM
I wasn't plugging PA or D'S guys, and i dont have any clue about the history between the 2 companies but i feel I hit a sore spot sorry.

I've been here from the start, i was the one that pointed you guys to Tim and Voultar after you asked me how to fix the RGB.
Just trying to give you some advice that could lower your workload.

Syn
02-16-2018, 06:18 PM
Neither like the other so try to respect that. Really easy.

I don't remember anyone posting about a bad link before was the reason I mentioned neosd might not have known.

neosd
02-16-2018, 06:21 PM
I wasn't plugging PA or D'S guys, and i dont have any clue about the history between the 2 companies but i feel I hit a sore spot sorry.

I've been here from the start, i was the one that pointed you guys to Tim and Voultar after you asked me how to fix the RGB.
Just trying to give you some advice that could lower your workload.

Thanks for pointing us to Voultar. We are open minded people that listen, this is why we decided that talking with Voultar was worth. He saved us time, for sure.

One canīt have it all : revised pcb with improved rgb and no delays. But one can complain for both things at the same time. Or about anything else.

There was a lot of people at shmups playing with scopes and insulting, but none of those were able to provide any solution at all, neither a sugestion, but they had scopes.

BTW Have you gone to darsof forums telling them NEOSD has no glitches ? I think they would like to heard about that. You can tell them Stone Age gamer has updated shipping information on his website aswel.

opt2not
02-16-2018, 08:09 PM
blah blah blah

Someone’s looking to get on the Rot radar:
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/RashLimpIberianemeraldlizard-size_restricted.gif

Syntax_x
02-16-2018, 08:14 PM
Dont forget Tim corrected Voultars inital fix.
Darksoft have a site? Only really learnt about the company a few weeks ago when PA advertised the kit.
Looked cool so I preordered and secured myself a cps2.

2 similar products being sold to the same type of customer is the connection I made, nothing else.

Syn
02-16-2018, 08:42 PM
There's a thread where you can talk about DS's offering.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?273976-Darksoft-NG-Multi-is-Released-Feb-2018-Impressions-Please

Let's keep this one about the SSS3 ;)

neosd
02-17-2018, 03:23 AM
Dont forget Tim corrected Voultars inital fix.
Darksoft have a site? Only really learnt about the company a few weeks ago when PA advertised the kit.
Looked cool so I preordered and secured myself a cps2.

2 similar products being sold to the same type of customer is the connection I made, nothing else.

Darksoft is not a company neither he has one.

Good that you ordered his mvs thingle, you will be busy complaining about glitches instead of shipment.

Rot
02-17-2018, 04:24 AM
Darksoft is not a company neither he has one.

Good that you ordered his mvs thingle, you will be busy complaining about glitches instead of shipment.

Meh...

Leave him be Neosd man... Let him find out for himself...

xROTx

Neo NooNaN
02-17-2018, 01:15 PM
NeoSD - yes, there are people that are out of control and have too high expectations. That said, you're comments of late are starting to edge on unprofessional. Why start bashing others and their prodcuts and stoop to the level you despise?

Also, I don't think it's appropriate to say that you have no way of knowing / no idea when things will ship. You're undertaking a lot, absolutely, but I don't think it's unreasonable to people to clearly understand what steps are left between now (or whatever point in time in arrears) and product in-hand, along with an estimate of each stage. You can't control a lot of these things, but you can provide those steps and estimate, as you see them now. You've done that to a point for sure.

I think other than a few dolts that just want to complain about everything, everyone else is completely willing to be patient. Personally, I don't care how long it takes, and I appreciate that you took the time to make the RGB right. Great move and most everyone, I'm sure, appreciates it. Just don't humor the minority that want to complain for the sake of it.

Rot
02-17-2018, 01:28 PM
NeoSD - yes, there are people that are out of control and have too high expectations. That said, you're comments of late are starting to edge on unprofessional. Why start bashing others and their prodcuts and stoop to the level you despise?

Also, I don't think it's appropriate to say that you have no way of knowing / no idea when things will ship. You're undertaking a lot, absolutely, but I don't think it's unreasonable to people to clearly understand what steps are left between now (or whatever point in time in arrears) and product in-hand, along with an estimate of each stage. You can't control a lot of these things, but you can provide those steps and estimate, as you see them now. You've done that to a point for sure.

I think other than a few dolts that just want to complain about everything, everyone else is completely willing to be patient. Personally, I don't care how long it takes, and I appreciate that you took the time to make the RGB right. Great move and most everyone, I'm sure, appreciates it. Just don't humor the minority that want to complain for the sake of it.

He has....

And he's tired of repeating the same old shit... why not troll... it's not as if any of these n00bs read the threads properly...

THERE... that told you mofo...

PS. I view n00bnishness as not dependant on join date... kemo sabe...

neosd
02-17-2018, 01:40 PM

Factoring is quite complex, one has to live it to understand it.

Let me try to explain it :

We submit a pcbs order and usually you get the pcbs in 3 weeks after you submit it. Then you need to get a slot in SMT factory to get the chips soldered on the pcbs.

Until SMT factory dosenīt has all the parts needed to make the work, you canīt get a soldering date cause they canīt put your order in the schelude.

So, lets say that you submit a pcbs order oon 1st february, you should get the pcbs about 21th of february but depending which day you have submited the order to the pcbs factory, you have a delay of 4 or 5 days cause they never process your pcbs order alone, they need to put more pcbs from other cutomers at the same time.

Lets say everything was ok and you have the pcbs the last week of frebruary, you ship those to the SMT factory and you wait for soldering slot. Until the pcbs arrive there, its impossible to know when the pcbs are going to be soldered, cause the pcbs may arrive in a moment when there is small load of work on the factory or they may arrive in a moment when there is something urgent.

So, is this the situation with Super SD Sytem 3 order as today ? NO, ITS NOT.

Super Sd System 3 got URGENT threatment from both factories, cause there was an issue that affected our busines and production needs to be speeded up.

In a normal situation we need about 2 months to produce a batch (having the chips), but this time we had to submit two pcbs batches to factory (one to try the new design to sure there isnīt any mistake) and another one to mass produce it (once we have validated the new design)
We got the first pcbs last friday (8 days ago), we soldered those the same friday and we saw that everything was ok, so last monday we submited the production order to the pcbs factory.

On a normal situation we would have to wait atleast 3 weeks since last monday to get the pcbs, but as i said this has been handled as priority production cause the issue so we have been quoted 10 days. Once we have the pcbs, we will get slot at SMT factory and again, we have been promised to get slot on the same week the pcbs are ready, cause again this is a "special situation".

I hope you now understand that its totally impossible to get a delivery date on normal situation and its really hard to get one in "special situation" such as this one.

And yes, i may have been unprofessional on my last coments but i am totally tired about the situation and about some actitudes.

I am sure it would be better for us to not tell anything at forums, neither even post, but i think everyone deserves to have up to date information.

One thing i really feel is that when i say : its impossible to get a delivery date and some one comes complaining, i should not explain WHY such as i am doing now. People should trush on our word based on previous facts.

We have done EVERYTHING to please everyone, i got the pcbs last friday at 18:00, driven 200 kms back to the city where i live and started soldering those without natural sunlight until 00:00 hours to validate those, all this after the entire week working. I went to sleep and next day (saturday) i started trying the new pcbs with framemeisters, lcds, crts, doing videos and so.

So next monday we were able to launch the mass production order and ship a pcb to Yodd by UPS so he could give us feedback as soon as possible aswel.

If we would not cared about our customers, i would have soldered the pcbs monday instead of friday, and i would have submited the pcbs order by tuesday. Or we would not have decided to make a new pcb and let everyone with the first one.

What i am trying to say with this ? I think we are far beyond on being professional, and i also think people would trush our word and let us work without keep hammering on the same thing all over again.

We are doing everything that is on our hand to ship the orders as soon as possibe, and i am talking that we are doing our best to save you guys ONE or TWO days to be waiting, not one or two weeks.

Rot
02-17-2018, 01:46 PM

We submit a pcbs order and usually you get the pcbs in 3 weeks after you submit it. Then you need to get a slot in SMT factory to get the chips soldered on the pcbs.

Until SMT factory dosenīt has all the parts needed to make the work, you canīt get a soldering date cause they canīt put your order in the schelude.

So, lets say that you submit a pcbs order oon 1st february, you should get the pcbs about 21th of february but depending which day you have submited the order to the pcbs factory, you have a delay of 4 or 5 days cause they never process your pcbs order alone, they need to put more pcbs from other cutomers at the same time.

Lets say everything was ok and you have the pcbs the last week of frebruary, you ship those to the SMT factory and you wait for soldering slot. Until the pcbs arrive there, its impossible to know when the pcbs are going to be soldered, cause the pcbs may arrive in a moment when there is small load of work on the factory or they may arrive in a moment when there is something urgent.

Super Sd System 3 got URGENT threatment from both factories, cause there was an issue that affected our busines and production needs to be speeded up.

In a normal situation we need about 2 months to produce a batch (having the chips), but this time we had to submit two pcbs batches to factory (one to try the new design to sure there isnīt any mistake) and another one to mass produce it (once we have validated the new design)
We got the first pcbs last friday (8 days ago), we soldered those the same friday and we saw that everything was ok, so last monday we submited the production order to the pcbs factory.

On a normal situation we would have to wait atleast 3 weeks since last monday to get the pcbs, but as i said this has been handled as priority production cause the issue so we have been quoted 10 days. Once we have the pcbs, we will get slot at SMT factory and again, we have been promised to get slot on the same week the pcbs are ready, cause again this is a "special situation".

I hope you now understand that its totally impossible to get a delivery date on normal situation and its really hard to get one in "special situation" such as this one.

And yes, i may be professional on my last coments but i am totally tired about the situation and about some actitudes.

I am sure it would be better for us to not tell anything at forums, neither even post, but i think everyone deserves to have up to date information.

One thing i really feel is that when i say : its impossible to get a delivery date and some one comes complaining, i should not explain WHY such as i am doing now. People should trush on our word based on previous facts.

We have done EVERYTHING to please everyone, i got the pcbs last friday at 18:00, driven 200 kms back to the city where i live and started soldering those without natural sunlight until 00:00 hours to validate those, all this after the entire week working. I went to sleep and next day i started trying the pcbs with framemeisters, lcds, crts, doing videos and so.

So next monday we were able to launch the mass production order and ship a pcb to Yodd by UPS so he could give us feedback as soon as possible.

If we would not cared about our customers, i would soldered the pcbs monday and would submit the pcbs order by tuesday. Or we would not have decided to make a new pcb and let everyone with the first one.

What i am trying to say with this ? I think we are far beyond on being professional, and i also think people would trush our word and let us work without keep hammering on the same thing all over again.

We are doing everything that is on our hand to ship the orders as soon as possibe, and i am talking that we are doing our best to save you guys ONE or TWO days to be waiting, not one or two weeks.

Why bother replying to the n00b... it's not like you're not gonna have to repeat it again when another complaining retard doesn't bother to read the thread...

Fuck Neo Noonan... What Rot giveth... i can fuckin' taketh awayeth...

xROTx

neosd
02-17-2018, 01:54 PM
Why bother replying to the n00b... it's not like you're not gonna have to repeat it again when another complaining retard doesn't bother to read the thread...

Fuck Neo Noonan... What Rot giveth... i can fuckin' taketh awayeth...

xROTx

Honestly Rot,

I am starting to get tired to give such detailed information all over again, day after day. It dosenīt matters if its saturday, sunday, 1st day of the year. People donīt care and keep hammering and disturbing. I am totally tired and the last thing i want to do with my saturday is to come back to this again, again and again.

Once all pending orders are shipped, this is going to change.

I been telling so many times that having us discussing things at the forums is something that needs something back from our cutomers to keep going, and time has proven that as today this is not possible at all. I canīt see me wasting my energies another year, everyday witht he same stories.

Atleast now people can understand why 2 months is going to be minimum waiting time for new orders to be procesed, once this batch is sold out.

We will cleary explain that on the new website, BTW

Rot
02-17-2018, 01:59 PM
Honestly Rot,

I am starting to get tired to give such detailed information all over again, day after day. It dosenīt matters if its saturday, sunday, 1st day of the year. People donīt care and keep hammering and disturbing. I am totally tired and the last thing i want to do with my saturday is to come back to this again, again and again.

Once all pending orders are shipped, this is going to change.

I been telling so many times that having us discussing things at the forums is something that needs something back from our cutomers to keep going, and time has proven that as today this is not possible at all. I canīt see me wasting my energies another year everyday witht he same stories.

Atleast now people can understand why 2 months is going to be minimum waiting time for new orders to be procesed, once this batch is sold out.

We will cleary explain that on the new website, BTW

I KNOW....

That's why I took exception to Neo Noonans post... He was pretty much saying this... "LOOK Neosd... I haven't read anything for months or years... but just by browsing this thread and reading your posts only... NEOSD.. You're an idiot without any customer service..."...

I REALLY should've just replied... "LOOK Neo Noonan... don't fuckin' make comments when you haven't read anything because I will happily dump your account in the river and drown it... And Ryogeo won't save you... no one will..."...

xROTx

PS. #justfacts2018....

fille1976
02-17-2018, 02:16 PM

Unprofessional!!!,those people can't fucking read,thats the truth,everything is explained many times and how it will be arranged.
And about darksoft product,its not even a product,its a glitching garbage.

ghostofconny
02-17-2018, 02:18 PM

And yes, i may have been unprofessional on my last coments but i am totally tired about the situation and about some actitudes.

We have done EVERYTHING to please everyone, i got the pcbs last friday at 18:00, driven 200 kms back to the city where i live and started soldering those without natural sunlight until 00:00 hours to validate those, all this after the entire week working. I went to sleep and next day (saturday) i started trying the new pcbs with framemeisters, lcds, crts, doing videos and so.

So next monday we were able to launch the mass production order and ship a pcb to Yodd by UPS so he could give us feedback as soon as possible aswel.

If we would not cared about our customers, i would have soldered the pcbs monday instead of friday, and i would have submited the pcbs order by tuesday. Or we would not have decided to make a new pcb and let everyone with the first one.

First of all, I find your tolerance impressive for retarded assholes that has neither manners or the ability to behave like something other than whiny babies. WTF is wrong with all these assholes who do nothing but complain and look for new things to complain about? I just wanted to give you some positive response to all you are doing and the very customer oriented approach you have to solving the issues with the RGB output.

I just don't think you deserve any of the bullshit from assholes who either can't read or is simply to dumb to understand how you are handling this.

I really look forward to receiving my SSDS3, but am more than happy with the prognosis you are able to give. It will be worth the wait.
Thank you for the hard work and dedication you put into creating and supporting the NEOSD and the SSD3!

opt2not
02-17-2018, 09:36 PM

C'mon Rot

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--_wA5dPHN--/c_scale,f_auto,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/1415914174499279757.gif

Neo NooNaN
02-18-2018, 10:09 AM
He has....

And he's tired of repeating the same old shit... why not troll... it's not as if any of these n00bs read the threads properly...

THERE... that told you mofo...

PS. I view n00bnishness as not dependant on join date... kemo sabe...

Nowhere did I ask anyone to repeat anything or even expand upon what's been said. I've read every word of this and other threads over a long period of time. I simply gave perspective and urged NeoSD to not stoop to the level of the "n00b"s as you like to catagorize the people that say stupid shit. I totally get that you like to get a rise out of people and state your case(s), certainly all good. These were my points though:

- Bashing other projects doesn't help anything - you shit all over anyone that bashes this one.
- Communicating the steps remaining and time estimates isn't a bad thing. I clearly stated that everyone absolutely HAS to understand that many things are not in NeoSD's control. Also, I noted that NeoSD had done that to a point and was only speaking about the that being a reasonable expectation for people to have.
- People want to complain to complain, so fuck them. I am 100% appreciative of the project and NeoSD and will patiently wait as long as it takes.

How is that so far off from reasonable or even from where you stand? I'm not trying to aspire to reach your level of clarity and/or understanding, but it seems we agree on these things.

NeoSD - thank you for drafting such a long response. I really was not expecting that at all nor was I intending to ask you to defend yourself. I'm 100% on your side and as already mentioned, appreciative of your work and time to communicate as much as you do.

Rot
02-18-2018, 10:14 AM
Nowhere did I ask anyone to repeat anything or even expand upon what's been said. I've read every word of this and other threads over a long period of time. I simply gave perspective and urged NeoSD to not stoop to the level of the "n00b"s as you like to catagorize the people that say stupid shit. I totally get that you like to get a rise out of people and state your case(s), certainly all good. These were my points though:

- Bashing other projects doesn't help anything - you shit all over anyone that bashes this one.
- Communicating the steps remaining and time estimates isn't a bad thing. I clearly stated that everyone absolutely HAS to understand that many things are not in NeoSD's control. Also, I noted that NeoSD had done that to a point and was only speaking about the that being a reasonable expectation for people to have.
- People want to complain to complain, so fuck them. I am 100% appreciative of the project and NeoSD and will patiently wait as long as it takes.

How is that so far off from reasonable or even from where you stand? I'm not trying to aspire to reach your level of clarity and/or understanding, but it seems we agree on these things.

NeoSD - thank you for drafting such a long response. I really was not expecting that at all nor was I intending to ask you to defend yourself. I'm 100% on your side and as already mentioned, appreciative of your work and time to communicate as much as you do.

How about this...

You relax... chill out...

Neosd is tired of repeating the same old shit... and as far as I'm concerned... he's deserved leeway to troll for a while...

Because NEXT time i read one of your posts... you'd better not be posting something I want to reply too...

I already killed thirdkinds account this weekend... and tbh... i don't care if you go either...

Neo NooNaN
02-18-2018, 10:28 AM
i don't care if you go either...

You'd miss the start of a stimulating relationship of intelligent banter. :glee:

You've been good to me, so I'll do you a solid in return.

Rot
02-18-2018, 10:31 AM
You'd miss the start of a stimulating relationship of intelligent banter. :glee:

There's really no one beyond reproach.... i've killed off my friends accounts here...

Ask around... read stuff... you'll see what I mean...

HOWEVER... most days I would prefer things to be calmer... but make no bones about it... I'd kill your account in a heartbeat and that's what makes me so effective...

Tanooki
02-19-2018, 10:52 PM
It's like think of the worst possible program on TV. Next be duct taped to a chair, it very close, and your eyelids taped back and forced to watch it over and over and...again. That's where this thread is going with the repetitive bitching about the shipping, shipping delays and some of the other crap. Use the search function already and if it's fucked up, use the site:website.com trick in google to get your damned answer. A mini faq some would suggest throwing on their site, and it could stop some stupid repeated questions but it never cures it so it's almost like why bother.

SmaMan
02-20-2018, 04:54 PM
Well, I just made the plunge and put in my order. And y'know what? Take your time. I've got plenty other things to play. I'd rather Mr. NeoSD take all the time in the world to make it just right, than to send over a half-baked product that will never work.

Thank you for all your hard work.

Geddon_jt
02-21-2018, 07:53 AM
neosd, with all due respect, you shouldn't let the whiners and complainers on here bother you one bit. It's a meaningless distraction that is costing you unnecessary time and stress. Clearly you are focused on what needs to be done to deliver a quality product. That's all that matters - the quality of the product will speak for itself and you will bring the benefits from that regardless of what is discussed on these forums.

Look at Analogue, these guys have been dumped on for years on this and other forums (rightly or wrongly-doesn't matter). Because they delivered something truly great with the Analogue Nt now whenever they tweet out a new product 6 months away its on the front page of every major gaming and tech site. This forum crap matters zero so don't waste the time.

Forget about these people and stay focused.

GadgetUK
02-21-2018, 11:17 AM
@neosd & neodev Don't let the odd delay complaint bother you - focus on what you need to focus on. The news on the small delay has been pretty clear, everyone knows there's a delay for the new board revision and its worth the wait. Anyone who's bought from you in the past knows you will deliver =D

420neogeo
02-21-2018, 01:10 PM
is any one else having difficulty with the BBVA payment system for purchasing this device? I keep getting a msg saying that the transaction was "denied by your bank" with regard to the visa payment. I should have lots of credit and I'm wondering if it's because it's a foreign bank/payment system etc?

Dochartaigh
02-21-2018, 01:23 PM
is any one else having difficulty with the BBVA payment system for purchasing this device? I keep getting a msg saying that the transaction was "denied by your bank" with regard to the visa payment. I should have lots of credit and I'm wondering if it's because it's a foreign bank/payment system etc?

Happened to me too. Happened to me when I ordered my XRGB-mini from Honk Kong (and a bunch of other times as well). Since you live in a different country banks commonly flags transactions in another country like this - they have probably texted, emailed, or called you since this. If not, call them and tell them it's you making this purchase and they'll let through your transaction when you try it again.

neosd
02-21-2018, 02:26 PM

it "may" be that your bank has international credit card transactions dissabled by default.

We have plans to add a new credit card payment system as soon as the new website/webshop is up. Unfortunally it will have a fee, cause we will have to pay that (BBVA payment system will remain, without aditional fees)

We wanted to have it already done but we just finished the design last week and its being coded now. I think we are going to have pcbs in stock before that, cause as today it seems that in 2 weeks we will be shipping back.

420neogeo
02-21-2018, 03:01 PM
I called my bank; they thought it was a fraudulent transaction because it's a foreign bank etc. The important thing is that they unblocked the site and I was able to purchase a super sd system 3! so excited!

Am I understanding your post correctly neosd that you will be shipping my item to me in 2 weeks when you get new PCB's?

Did I read somewhere in this post to PM Judge Dredd for a link to the roms?

Syn
02-21-2018, 03:07 PM
There's a bit of a back order and you're in line.

neosd will be busting his butt to fill orders asap but a timeline will be difficult to estimate.

fille1976
02-21-2018, 03:12 PM
I called my bank; they thought it was a fraudulent transaction because it's a foreign bank etc. The important thing is that they unblocked the site and I was able to purchase a super sd system 3! so excited!

Am I understanding your post correctly neosd that you will be shipping my item to me in 2 weeks when you get new PCB's?

No roms asking on the forum please,ask for it in chat.

neosd
02-21-2018, 03:23 PM

unfortunally, it will take a bit more than 2 weeks to ship your oder.

In 2 weeks we will start shipping all pending orders by purchase order.

There are hundreds or orders in the shipping queue, and we expect to be able to ship atleast 80 packets per week.

I canīt really tell you when your order will be shipped cause until we start shipping we donīt know how many units will end shipping by week, what i can tell you is that i need to get every order shipped as soon as possible to get me the preasure out of my mind, i really need to rest.

Ricard350
02-21-2018, 03:31 PM
I brought the DB electronics dbGrafx Booster TTP in a box from Stone Age Gamer while waiting for NeoSD to catch up the demands....
I am a very satisfied customer of a NEOSD AES Cart and I am definitely be buying a SD System 3 next spring.... :)

Was wondering if the front Hucard slot is still usable when using the Sd System 3? Can you setup it like the NEOSD cart to bypass menu to boot direct to game.

Worst case scenario I will just resell my booster when I am gonna get the SD System 3....

neosd
02-21-2018, 04:10 PM
I brought the DB electronics dbGrafx Booster TTP in a box from Stone Age Gamer while waiting for NeoSD to catch up the demands....
I am a very satisfied customer of a NEOSD AES Cart and I am definitely be buying a SD System 3 next spring.... :)

Was wondering if the front Hucard slot is still usable when using the Sd System 3? Can you setup it like the NEOSD cart to bypass menu to boot direct to game.

Worst case scenario I will just resell my booster when I am gonna get the SD System 3....

if you put a hucard, it takes priority over the expansion port. So yes, you can play original hucards with SSDS3 rgb output

wyo
02-21-2018, 08:36 PM

Yes. It's preferred that we don't discuss roms in this thread.

ShootTheCore
02-22-2018, 01:57 AM

Protip: Don't PM Judge Dredd for the romzzzzz...

Remember, romzzzzzzzzz aren't exactly legal and Judge Dredd IS THE LAW!!!!

pixeljunkie
02-22-2018, 10:05 AM

Or DO YOU???

wyo
02-22-2018, 10:28 AM

Remember, romzzzzzzzzz aren't exactly legal and Judge Dredd IS THE LAW!!!!

You just helped a perp evade judgement!

Westcb
02-22-2018, 10:59 AM

They're firing 20 milimetre caseless fletcher rounds at 300 metres. The effective lethal range is 200 metres. You're safe... so what are you doing down there, Judge Hershey?

3rdStrikeMike
02-22-2018, 11:26 AM
They're firing 20 milimetre caseless fletcher rounds at 300 metres. The effective lethal range is 200 metres. You're safe... so what are you doing down there, Judge Hershey?

Waiting for backup.

ShootTheCore
02-22-2018, 01:12 PM

That's me on the right.

Loukey
02-28-2018, 08:26 AM
That's me on the right.

I think my account is too new/young to view images. What can I do to be able to see your reply? (Apologies if it says it somewhere within a FAQ page, I searched unsuccessfully)

Rot
02-28-2018, 08:27 AM
I think my account is too new/young to view images. What can I do to be able to see your reply? (Apologies if it says it somewhere within a FAQ page, I searched unsuccessfully)

Full privileges come from time logged in and a certain number of posts... it's automatically applied once these requirements are met...

pollsoda
02-28-2018, 02:18 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to @neosd - keep up the great work. A delay is no problem to get the product right.

Just got my PCE Core Grafx, using my RGB modded Tennokoe for output in the meantime. :)

Loukey
02-28-2018, 06:33 PM
Thanks for the clarification! I figured it was cause my account is so young.

FBBTJ
03-03-2018, 04:00 PM
Thank you for the information NeoTurfMasta ! ;-)

mastamuzz
03-04-2018, 11:59 PM
It's like think of the worst possible program on TV. Next be duct taped to a chair, it very close, and your eyelids taped back and forced to watch it over and over and...again. That's where this thread is going with the repetitive bitching about the shipping, shipping delays and some of the other crap. Use the search function already and if it's fucked up, use the site:website.com trick in google to get your damned answer. A mini faq some would suggest throwing on their site, and it could stop some stupid repeated questions but it never cures it so it's almost like why bother.

I guess you mean this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E51-2B8gHtk
young people eh?

btw the name of the guy on the video is Alex hahaha Ironic.

some things never change around here.

Step 1 CALL YOUR FINANCIAL INSTITUTION TO LET THEM KNOW YOU ARE ABOUT TO MAKE AN INTERNATIONAL TRANSACTION AND GIVE THEM THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF THE TRANSACTION.

step 2 MAKE YOUR PURCHASE ON A 30 MINUTES WINDOW SO YOU HAVE NO ISSUES.

step 3 SIT PATIENTLY FOR 60 DAYS, IF YOU GET IT EARLIER GOOD FOR YOU!

optional additional steps, live life normally and leave video games as entertainment only so you don't count the minutes for it to arrive. also refrain asking questions without reading the thread first. evaluate how stupid is your question, remember stupid questions can only get stupid answers.

now thank the mastamuzz for teaching you how to order stuff online and how not to go bonkers!

Tios de TerraOnion guarden uno para el Mastamuz por favor! ordeno la semana que viene para tener mi tarjeta limpia.

neosd
03-05-2018, 11:07 AM
Tios de TerraOnion guarden uno para el Mastamuz por favor! ordeno la semana que viene para tener mi tarjeta limpia.

Que gusto verte por aquí mastamuzz,

Yo creo que la semana póxima aún habrá stock por vender, cuenta con ello.

PS : We think we will have stock this week, more news in one or two days as soon as we got a production day.

Alex,

Eatitup_86
03-07-2018, 12:03 PM
Hi there NeoSD / Alex,

Should we mail our boards back directly now or is the plan to have US customers send the boards to a state-side source still in play?

Rot
03-07-2018, 12:06 PM
Hi there NeoSD / Alex,

Should we mail our boards back directly now or is the plan to have US customers send the boards to a state-side source still in play?

Neosd's new forum will be in place in about 2 weeks...

More info on the return process will be INCLUDED! Kthx... for reading...

xROTx

neosd
03-07-2018, 12:26 PM
Hi there NeoSD / Alex,

Hello,

We are working against clock to have the new website ready, once we have it done we will use the actual website server for the forum.

Please, be patient, we are doing our best but the day dosenīt has more hours.

BTW i got news from factory : we will have SSDS3 friday or monday (i think it will be friday).

As soon as we are back in stock we will start shipping pending orders but we are going to reserve pcbs for the exchange.

Just give us some space please, we are the more interested ones on solve that and move forward.

Alex,

comp1demon
03-08-2018, 02:19 PM
Can't wait.. thanks for the update!!!

neosd
03-09-2018, 12:27 PM
https://twitter.com/terraonion/status/972176483799257088

opt2not
03-09-2018, 12:32 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/so-beautiful.gif

AlxUnderBase
03-09-2018, 01:38 PM
Awesome news ! From now on we are on the straight line guys ... Cheers !

Rave
03-09-2018, 02:55 PM
Great news Terraonion team, make sure you pace yourselves, burnout sucks, avoid if possible!!!

TIKIPOD
03-09-2018, 04:47 PM
Hi NEOSD, great news on the pcb's arriving.
I would like to request a postal address change in relation to my order - what is the best way to contact/email you? thanks!

Sega Rhea
03-09-2018, 07:27 PM
So much for free money this month. Saving up for this now. What a much needed contribution to the PC Engine community! No more worrying about crappy disc drives.

Sega Rhea
03-10-2018, 06:58 PM
Quick question. Will this eventually be available on Stone Age gamer?

MobiusStripTech
03-10-2018, 07:01 PM
Not for a while but it's likely.

Sega Rhea
03-10-2018, 11:22 PM
That'd be good as his prices are lower than neosd's site.

Sega Rhea
03-11-2018, 12:03 AM
Sorry, another q... is there any way to pay you guys via paypal? I have no idea what this redsys service is, and I don't really feel comfortable giving them my debit card number (don't have a cc anymore...). Thanks.

MobiusStripTech
03-11-2018, 12:31 AM
They don't take PayPal. Get a prepaid credit card if you are worried about it.

Sega Rhea
03-11-2018, 03:15 AM
Cool, ordered :)

Gaston
03-11-2018, 08:26 AM
Pc engine is one of the most underrated systems ever. Never even made it to Europe, shame!! I have the top 100 in physical form but cool to see this device also supports cd games!

comp1demon
03-11-2018, 04:11 PM
Pc engine is one of the most underrated systems ever. Never even made it to Europe, shame!! I have the top 100 in physical form but cool to see this device also supports cd games!

OH boy.. you username had me singing beauty and the Beast - Gaston Song...

SNK_Pro
03-12-2018, 10:03 AM
Saw the post on Twitter about shipments starting today, great news. Not registered there so can I just ask if tracking numbers will be sent as you ship? Thanks.

EDIT: Tracking received!

cr4zymanz0r
03-12-2018, 03:40 PM
Just got a shipping notification email :D

Relikk
03-12-2018, 03:43 PM
Just got a shipping notification email :D

Same. Can't fucking wait.

What's the bets that it shows up on Friday when I'm not here and I have to wait until Monday to collect it. :blow_top: