PDA

View Full Version : PCE Super SD System 3 - Terraonion New Product (Dec 2017)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10

takeshi385
12-26-2017, 12:32 PM
I take it the shells don’t fit turbografx. It’s a shame I really want to purchase one.

Rot
12-26-2017, 01:04 PM
I take it the shells don’t fit turbografx. It’s a shame I really want to purchase one.

Then don't...

Breaks my heart it doesn't fit... infact... you shoud stop posting... because everytime you post... a baby seal is clubbed to death...

I count.. 3 seals in 7 years have died because of you... U FUCKIN' MONSTER!

snes_collector
12-26-2017, 03:52 PM
Unless I'm missing something (other than what is in the pics) they haven't officially stated if they work or not.

takeshi385
12-26-2017, 04:20 PM
Then don't...

Breaks my heart it doesn't fit... infact... you shoud stop posting... because everytime you post... a baby seal is clubbed to death...

I count.. 3 seals in 7 years have died because of you... U FUCKIN' MONSTER! *Correction: 12 baby seals. I needed a pair shoes, a coat and I killed a few just for fun. They never saw it coming.:thevt:

Rot
12-26-2017, 04:23 PM
*Correction: 12 baby seals. I needed a pair shoes, a coat and I killed a few just for fun. They never saw it coming.:thevt:

Did you... just make light of my reply to you?... Are Ya' sassin' me?

I'm only askin'... as I need to make sure in my own mind... after 7 years... you've grown enough balls to sass' anyone here...

takeshi385
12-26-2017, 04:39 PM
Did you... just make light of my reply to you?... Are Ya' sassin' me?

I'm only askin'... as I need to make sure in my own mind... after 7 years... you've grown enough balls to sass' anyone here... I forgot I had this account until now lol. I went to make one and found the username was taken. I’m a bit of a forgetful scatter brain at times. To your point: Well my balls just dropped not too long ago, but you should know that seeing as I am your bastard son, rot. Dad why did you leave mommy?

Rot
12-26-2017, 04:49 PM
I forgot I had this account until now lol. I went to make one and found the username was taken. I’m a bit of a forgetful scatter brain at times. To your point: Well my balls just dropped not too long ago, but you should know that seeing as I am your bastard son, rot. Dad why did you leave mommy?

SADLY... here's the thingy... I don't particularly like it when a random n00b comes into a thread when they should've read it all...

Neosd has already stated that he's unsure if it fits... Jury is still out...

We've had cablegate... and now we're discussing something even less interesting...

Oh... before I forget, I found that attempted flame (if that's what you wanna call it...)... sorta weak...

HOWEVER, I'd advise attempting another one (Consider it a Post-Christmas Present.. I'm getting in the festive spirit and all)... just gonna let you think on it...

takeshi385
12-26-2017, 04:59 PM
SADLY... here's the thingy... I don't particularly like it when a random n00b comes into a thread when they should've read it all...

Neosd has already stated that he's unsure if it fits... Jury is still out...

We've had cablegate... and now we're discussing something even less interesting...

Oh... before I forget, I found that attempted flame (if that's what you wanna call it...)... sorta weak...

HOWEVER, I'd advise attempting another one (Consider it a Post-Christmas Present.. I'm getting in the festive spirit and all)... just gonna let you think on it... The reason I assumed it didn’t work was because the post stating that they were unsure was removed and I a assumed they had turbografx on hand to test. Also who was flaming? We were having fun and being sassy cats.

Rot
12-26-2017, 05:04 PM
The reason I assumed it didn’t work was because the post stating that they were unsure was removed and I a assumed they had turbografx on hand to test. Also who was flaming? We were having fun and being sassy cats.

In one of your posts to myself:

Well my balls just dropped not too long ago, but you should know that seeing as I am your bastard son, rot. Dad why did you leave mommy?

...It's the festive season... but I aint impaired enough to let a random n00b take pot-shots...

I would suggest you just enjoy the site and consider who you're replying too.. but it seems after 7 years you've finally found the need to post...

Ugh... LOOK... shut up... and I'll forget about you for a while...

If not... could get "weird"...

neosd
12-26-2017, 05:07 PM

Among my years selling B2B software i saw that so many times.

You have a meeting with a customer, you show your product and the customer always comes with something your product is missing and with the same sentence : If it would have THAT, i would buy it.

My experience says you can never listen to anyone comming with that sentence.

The good about selling B2C stuff is that you donīt loose your time with such customers. Most of the times your customers dosenīt even know what they want.

Back to topic :

We told that so many times, shells are at China right now, we are at Spain, we STILL DONīT KNOW cause there are tolerances on the plastic, original av booster dosenīt fits on the american TurboGrafx16, our shell may fit. WE STILL DONīT KNOW.

Anyways i donīt think this would change your purchase decision at all, based on my personal previous experience. And i donīt think your coment would make us to do any changes on the shell at all if it dosenīt fits. If you really want one, you can buy a pcengine that its pretty cheap or get a Super SD System 3 and mod the shell with a file if the shell ends not fitting well on the turbograf16 (we still donīt know)

The issue if there is one its here (so you will not even notice everything if you polish this with a file) :

https://s10.postimg.org/mj2u65ssp/file.jpg

Anyways, i hope this clears your question for once, your seccond post was totally incesesary at all.

Rot
12-26-2017, 05:08 PM
Don't worry Neosd man...

I have this:D

xROTx

PS. Just because it's Christmas... doesn't mean I'm Santa...:keke:

neosd
12-26-2017, 05:12 PM
Don't worry Neosd man...

I have this:D

xROTx

PS. Just because it's Christmas... doesn't mean I'm Santa...:keke:

Rot, i would buy this PS4 console if it would play xbox games ...

BTW Rot, is "file" the correct word for this ?

https://media.rs-online.com/t_large/F2390147-01.jpg

Rot
12-26-2017, 05:18 PM
Rot, i would buy this PS4 console if it would play xbox games ...

Yeah...

I'll raise that image with a:
https://s7g3.scene7.com/is/image//ae235?src=ae235/3395R_P&$prodImageMedium$

xROTx

takeshi385
12-26-2017, 05:20 PM

Oh hell thats an easy job. I’ll be calling my bank soon so I can purchase one. I was under the impression that the whole shell wouldn’t work. I’ve done much harder plastic work on my consolized game gear build. Also rot it is about to be new years so can we just have angry makeup sex and move on(kissy face)

neosd
12-26-2017, 05:22 PM
Yeah...

xROTx

LOL,

A nail file would be more suitable for such situation if needed at all :)

http://i0.wp.com/www.qronails.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/limas-para-u%C3%B1as.jpg

neosd
12-26-2017, 05:24 PM
Oh hell thats an easy job. I’ll be calling my bank soon so I can purchase one. I was under the impression that the whole shell wouldn’t work. I’ve done much harder plastic work on my consolized game gear build. Also rot it is about to be new years so can we just have angry makeup sex and move on(kissy face)

Just wait for the confirmation, we should have the shells here in about 10 days or so, we will check it then ...

Rot
12-26-2017, 05:25 PM
LOL,

A nail file would be more suitable for such situation if needed at all :)

http://i0.wp.com/www.qronails.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/limas-para-u%C3%B1as.jpg

Using a dremel = makes you feel like a REAL man...

Just sayin'...

xROTx

takeshi385
12-26-2017, 05:32 PM
Thank you neosd. Also I’m sorry for my earlier post looking back it read a little mean. At the time wrote it didn’t seem that way in my head. I’m super excited. I just bought a broken turbografx that head bad caps and wasn’t producing video. The previous owner thought it was the rf module and they mutated the whole area getting it out. I decided that since traces were destroyed I would just put a large rocker switch there to cover the hole and use for the region mod. I uber excited for the rgb port on this thing since I was using a set of headers prior.

legolas119
12-26-2017, 05:33 PM
Hello Everyone,

Merry Christmas
Some detailed pictures of the final shells

Really really cool! It's perfect for a black PC Engine CoreGrafx! Its color is really similar :)
Tomorrow I will order my copy :)

Geddon_jt
12-26-2017, 05:41 PM
Just ordered. Very excited to have an easy RGB/SD solution :) As has been said before, your payment system could be a bit more robust... ;) (PayPal, Amex, credit card processing in English, etc) but that's ok. Product looks awesome, best of luck seeing it through. :)

greatfunky
12-26-2017, 05:41 PM
If it doesn't fit , that shouldn't be very difficult to adapt it with a file (and less with a dremel :D) , apparently the tennokoe has no big issue to fit the turbografx.;)

http://i.imgur.com/fYblmUgl.jpg

donomans
12-26-2017, 07:28 PM
It's a goddamn beauty. You should consider producing a matching PCE console shell. :D

That would be great. It's hard to find a PCE with a good looking chassis these days, so a nice one that goes with the SDS3 would be the bee's knees.

Side note, the SDS3 looks phenomenal, neosd/neodev. Can't wait for the next thing now!

One100bill
12-27-2017, 01:40 AM
This is going to look great on my SuperGrafx!! Can’t wait!! Glad I ordered one early. It does fit a SuperGrafx right? Lol

neosd
12-27-2017, 02:33 AM
If it doesn't fit , that shouldn't be very difficult to adapt it with a file (and less with a dremel :D) , apparently the tennokoe has no big issue to fit the turbografx.;)

http://i.imgur.com/fYblmUgl.jpg

The Ten no Koe Bank is a bit different than the AV Booster, i got both and the turbografx16 PAL. While the The Ten no Koe Bank fits well, the AV Booster dosenīt cause the rails i posted on the previous pictures.

I think our shell may fit on the TG16 cause the tolenrances and cause our shell has screws (this allows to just donīt adjust the screws totally and letting a bit more tolerance there ...

Hard to explain that in English, sorry ...

Rot
12-27-2017, 02:40 AM
This is going to look great on my SuperGrafx!! Can’t wait!! Glad I ordered one early. It does fit a SuperGrafx right? Lol

Lulz... read the few posts before you man..

Neosd already told you that he's unsure... but with a bit of "modding" work... using a file or a friggin' dremel.. then it's more than likely possible...

FFS...

The Ten no Koe Bank is a bit different than the AV Booster, i got both and the turbografx16 PAL. While the The Ten no Koe Bank fits well, the AV Booster dosenīt cause the rails i posted on the previous pictures.

I think our shell may fit on the TG16 cause the tolenrances and cause our shell has screws (this allows to just donīt adjust the screws totally and letting a bit more tolerance there ...

Hard to explain that in English, sorry ...

Essentially what you're trying to convey is...

DON'T completely tighten the screws as it gives the shell some movement when placing it in the supergrafx...

xROTx

PS. Disclaimer... Rot knows nothing about using files or a dremel... as he aint got the product...

Oh wait... Maybe everyone should friggin' wait and let the Neosd team give us the updates...

It's not like it's gonna be months away... dumbasses...

neosd
12-27-2017, 02:48 AM
Lulz... read the few posts before you man..

Neosd already told you that he's unsure... but with a bit of "modding" work... using a file or a friggin' dremel.. then it's more than likely possible...

FFS...

Essentially what you're trying to convey is...

DON'T completely tighten the screws as it gives the shell some movement when placing it in the supergrafx...

xROTx

PS. Disclaimer... Rot knows nothing about using files or a dremel... as he aint got the product...

Oh wait... Maybe everyone should friggin' wait and let the Neosd team give us the updates...

It's not like it's gonna be months away... dumbasses...

Original AV Booster dosenīt fits well on the PAL Turbografx (dunno if the NTSC TG16 shell is 100% the same as the PAL).
What is causing the Original AV Booster wont fit on the PAL Turbografx are those plastic rails (on both sides of the shell) :

https://s10.postimg.org/mj2u65ssp/file.jpg

Original AV Booster is done by a single piece, this avoids any tolerances on the plastic while inserting it ...

Our shell is done by 3 pices and uses screws, so our shell has tolerances where the original AV Booster dosent.

Our shell may fit on the TG16 while the original AV Booster dosenīt.
If it dosenīt fits, there are two fixes, one is to not full insert the screws on the shell and another one is to get a file and polish a bit those rails, but i really think that it should fit with just not fully adjust the screws as this is just a vertical adjustment issue (on the Original AV Booster) at all ...

I hope that explains the "possible" issue. We will not know if there is an issue at all until the shells arrive

Rot
12-27-2017, 03:04 AM
OK... Thanks for the update Neosd man...

It has seemed overwhelmingly that the more established members and a few of the clever n00bs have understood that... it's best to wait and see concerning the new device...

SURE... it's a bit of money to spend on a device... but the Neosd team have shown their willingness to talk and give us updates...

I am all for new blood and all... but it seems that some of our newer and "lurker" memberbase haven't truly understood that... NOT researching shit... impatience... and the fact that I keep myself constantly updated on this thread...

..has led to some "conflict"... and the occasional fubar...

xROTx

PS. If and when the new Neosd forum is created... I am seriously considering assigning a new "less brutal" mod to oversee it...

SADLY... making new mods is NOT easy... so until then... you have my irritable ass looking after things...

theMot
12-27-2017, 04:17 AM
OK... Thanks for the update Neosd man...

It has seemed overwhelmingly that the more established members and a few of the clever n00bs have understood that... it's best to wait and see concerning the new device...

SURE... it's a bit of money to spend on a device... but the Neosd team have shown their willingness to talk and give us updates...

I am all for new blood and all... but it seems that some of our newer and "lurker" memberbase haven't truly understood that... NOT researching shit... impatience... and the fact that I keep myself constantly updated on this thread...

..has led to some "conflict"... and the occasional fubar...

xROTx

PS. If and when the new Neosd forum is created... I am seriously considering assigning a new "less brutal" mod to oversee it...

SADLY... making new mods is NOT easy... so until then... you have my irritable ass looking after things...

I'll be the new mod.

Rot
12-27-2017, 04:19 AM
I'll be the new mod.

I said "less brutal"... NOT... "more dumb"...:keke:

kthx...

xROTx

theMot
12-27-2017, 04:23 AM
I said "less brutal"... NOT... "more dumb"...:keke:

kthx...

xROTx

:lolz:

Raph4
12-27-2017, 04:56 AM
Great news for this and of the year.
I have ordered mine today, can't wait now :buttrock:

I have little question about Support ".cue"
It's both ".cue .iso" and ".cue .bin" ?

Possible future support for proper Trurip NEC PC-Engine ?(ccd, img, sub)
Edit: I have an answer here (http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?273291-PCE-Super-SD-System-3-Terraonion-New-Product-(Dec-2017)&p=4260757&viewfull=1#post4260757).

Thanks NeoSD for your work.

neosd
12-27-2017, 05:40 AM
Hello,

Manual :

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/FINAL_SSDS3_MANUAL_v2.pdf

We are going to submit it to print today (i been told today that boxes are already manufactured)

So, we have just 1 hour to make changes if you guys can find any typo or anything missing, please coment ...

EDIT : Final manual version with changes submited by Relikk

GadgetUK
12-27-2017, 06:06 AM
Manual looking great =D

greatfunky
12-27-2017, 06:10 AM
Very fine and very clear to me , good job!

neosd
12-27-2017, 06:28 AM
Very fine and very clear to me , good job!

radiantsilvergun helped us improving the language on it

DirkSwizzler
12-27-2017, 06:40 AM
Mostly clear text.

Is 256gb a firm limit on memory cards? Or just the tested limit. The text seems like a firm limit.

Might want to add text about removing hucards to the quick start section.

The 3D grid seemed empty to me. No picture of the device?

fille1976
12-27-2017, 06:42 AM
Seems to be nice neosd.

neosd
12-27-2017, 06:59 AM
Mostly clear text.

Is 256gb a firm limit on memory cards? Or just the tested limit. The text seems like a firm limit.

Might want to add text about removing hucards to the quick start section.

The 3D grid seemed empty to me. No picture of the device?

We have only tested up to 64gb microsd but any should work. neodev just wrote this number (256gb), so i think he is totally confident about it will work.

At the end of the day, there are so many small things to do that you have to advance ...

About the "empty" design of the first page, it was the designer decision. I thought the same as you when i first saw it, but i havenīt said anything cause i thought this looked better on the overall (with the contents), it gave a different touch to the manual than the cardbox

Relikk
12-27-2017, 07:00 AM
So, we have just 1 hour to make changes if you guys can find any typo or anything missing, please coment ...

There are a few grammatical and spelling errors I can help you with if you want to polish it. I'll leave it to PM's rather than say them here as it might come across as overly pedantic but, I am a grammar N*zi. :lolz:

Also, just to say I bought one of these for my SuperGrafx the week they went on sale and I cannot wait to get my hands on it. Thank you so much for developing this amazing product.

Rot
12-27-2017, 07:07 AM
There are a few grammatical and spelling errors I can help you with if you want to polish it. I'll leave it to PM's rather than say them here as it might come across as overly pedantic but, I am a grammar N*zi. :lolz:

Also, just to say I bought one of these for my SuperGrafx the week they went on sale and I cannot wait to get my hands on it. Thank you so much for developing this amazing product.

You can't PM... I only activated your account like 15 minutes ago....

Just sayin'...

xROTx

neosd
12-27-2017, 07:08 AM

contact@neosdstore.com send those asap please, we have to sumbit it after lunch ...

Relikk
12-27-2017, 07:12 AM
You can't PM... I only activated your account like 15 minutes ago....

Just sayin'...

xROTx

Ah, noted.

contact@neosdstore.com send those asap please, we have to sumbit it after lunch ...

Will do.

neosd
12-27-2017, 08:40 AM
New FINAL version of the manual with Relikkīs fixes

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/FINAL_SSDS3_MANUAL_v2.pdf

Thanks

EDIT : uploaded the wrong one (replaced with the correct one)

Rot
12-27-2017, 08:57 AM
Neosd... would it make you mad... if I said I didn't bother reading the instructions?

Just askin'... for a friend..

xROTx

torgo100
12-27-2017, 09:31 AM
Got mine ordered today finally!

The plan is to hook it to my Supergrafx, and I can't tell you all how exciting this is for me! Thanks so much to NeoSD!

For those worried about the shell not fitting the US TurboGrafx, maybe either file things down, or maybe NeoSD or whomever could release a file for a 3D Printer, or someone could step-up to produce something like that?

Personally, I'm not worrying about that at all. I always want to use my Supergrafx more than I do, so now here's my opportunity. This is freakin' awesome!

Razoola
12-27-2017, 09:33 AM
New FINAL version of the manual with Relikkīs fixes

Thanks

EDIT : uploaded the wrong one (replaced with the correct one)

Have you tried it with auto justifying text to right margins (like newspaper), it might look even better.

greatfunky
12-27-2017, 10:11 AM
Have you tried it with auto justifying text to right margins (like newspaper), it might look even better.

lol neosd is just a little bit anxious i think , everything will be alright :)

takeshi385
12-27-2017, 01:00 PM
So excited, I just order one. :buttrock:

Also rot about that angry makeup sex. EWW LALA;) I'm ready for a game of grab ass if you are.:glee:

Rot
12-27-2017, 01:08 PM
So excited, I just order one. :buttrock:

Good for you...

Also rot about that angry makeup sex. EWW LALA;) I'm ready for a game of grab ass if you are.:glee:

STFU... or i will merge your fuckin' account with DavidG... no joke...

DON'T talk to me like we're friends... LAST warning...

takeshi385
12-27-2017, 01:35 PM
Good for you...

STFU... or i will merge your fuckin' account with DavidG... no joke...

DON'T talk to me like we're friends... LAST warning...
Alright, I see I have made you very flustered (rofl). I don't know who DavidG is, but I assume he/she was able to get under your skin as I have. Don't get so bent out of shape love or I might have to give you a massage. Have you noticed how I haven't personal attacked you once? I have just made you uncomfortable, which was more then enough to start a tire fire. I thought this forum was known for drama, don't tell me I was wrong. I am just having fun with you doll.

Rot
12-27-2017, 01:38 PM
Alright, I see I have made you very flustered (rofl). I don't know who DavidG is, but I assume he/she was able to get under your skin as I have. Don't get so bent out of shape love or I might have to give you a massage. Have you noticed how I haven't personal attacked you once? I have just made you uncomfortable, which was more then enough to start a tire fire. I thought this forum was known for drama, don't tell me I was wrong. I am just having fun with you doll.

I aint flustered.... infact, if you ever decided to review my post history... I don't get "flustered"...

HOWEVER, I do get irritated...

As for DavidG... he never got under my skin... no one ever has...

War room lock for the forseeable future...

aha2940
12-27-2017, 02:36 PM
This whole thread and the videos really make me consider getting one of this, however I am not at all familiar with PCE/Turbografx (I knew a kid who had one back in the day, but he only had like 5 games for it, hucards only, and he claimed the system was crap, so I never saw it turned on) and the system has no special place for me (I'm only familiar with rondo of blood because emulation) and I do not know which system to get (can be googled, no big deal there) and I already have too much gaming crap...decisions, decisions...anyway, best of luck to terraonion with what looks like another very worthy product.

RAZO
12-27-2017, 02:47 PM
This whole thread and the videos really make me consider getting one of this, however I am not at all familiar with PCE/Turbografx (I knew a kid who had one back in the day, but he only had like 5 games for it, hucards only, and he claimed the system was crap, so I never saw it turned on) and the system has no special place for me (I'm only familiar with rondo of blood because emulation) and I do not know which system to get (can be googled, no big deal there) and I already have too much gaming crap...decisions, decisions...anyway, best of luck to terraonion with what looks like another very worthy product.

IMO it's a great system. It has at least 20 very solid titles if you count the CD and Hu Card games. If your into the 8 and 16 bit Gen games than it's worth checking out. If your into Shtmups, you'll find many on the PCE.

You just need to look for a Original PC Engine (white one), Core Grafx (Grey and Blue), Core Grafx II (Grey and Orange).

Syn
12-27-2017, 02:55 PM
Like the Saturn, a lot of people don't realize how strong the Japanese library is.

Tanooki
12-27-2017, 11:06 PM
Best system for durability, cost, size and all that would be the Japanese Core Grafx 1 or 2 model system. Then get this device from Terraonion, or if you're uncertain and on a budget a Turbo Everdrive to test the waters on HuCard games. The US library was small around 100 but Japan had like 3x the games or so, and some really good stuff so there's lots of things to do.

Rot
12-28-2017, 02:12 AM
@takeshi385...

If you're reading this... stop trying to make multiple accounts...

I'll prob let you out of the War Room eventually... but if you persist... I am gonna get sorta more irritated..

Use this time out to read the forum... and understand that I don't care if you stay or not... I DO CARE... if you don't listen...

xROTx

PS. How many warnings did I give you to STFU... enough for anyone with common sense to listen...

gameofyou
12-28-2017, 08:57 AM
Quick question about microSD card format:
The last microSD card I bought, came formatted as exFAT. Is this compatible with the PCE SD device? Is there a specific format recommended? Thanks.

torgo100
12-28-2017, 08:58 AM
Man, I'm totally nerding-out about this now. I don't have a RGB-capable display, so I'll probably grab an OSSC next week, and now I'm looking into RGB for some other consoles like my Neo Geo AES & CD, Saturn etc lol. I've already opened a spot under my 50-inch Plasma for the Supergrafx too :-)

Can't wait!

torgo100
12-28-2017, 08:59 AM
The last microSD card I bought, came formatted as exFAT. Is this compatible with the PCE SD device? Is there a specific format recommended? Thanks.

Read the manual that was posted above, FAT32 & exFAT are supported

Rot
12-28-2017, 09:00 AM

READ THE THREAD! (http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/FINAL_SSDS3_MANUAL_v2.pdf)

GadgetUK
12-28-2017, 11:31 AM

I am using exFAT. Note: newer OS (Windows 7,8,10 etc) support it natively, XP needs a driver update to support exFAT.

gameofyou
12-28-2017, 04:37 PM
READ THE THREAD! (http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/FINAL_SSDS3_MANUAL_v2.pdf)

I read the faq and didn’t see the answer. I missed the post with the manual. Maybe Neosd can add the manual to the first (or second) posts, with the faq info. This thread is getting long.

gameofyou
12-28-2017, 04:39 PM
I am using exFAT. Note: newer OS (Windows 7,8,10 etc) support it natively, XP needs a driver update to support exFAT.

Great, thanks!

noir
12-28-2017, 08:45 PM

How'd you manage to put a comma in the wrong place and write a non-sensical sentence in a post about being a grammar Nazi?

neosd
12-29-2017, 07:48 AM
Just a quick update guys.

We have shipped 3 boxes of shells by UPS from China today.

Our plan was to ship 250kgs of shells from China over a different carrier (cause UPS is really expensive) this week, unfortunally the factory is still producing the shells so we took the decision to ship 3 boxes by UPS so if factory give us the pcbs next week (we will know it about net friday) we are ready to ship.

We will ship the rest of the shells next week from China to Spain with the regular carrier BTW.

So, as soon as the UPS packet starts moving we will have a delivery date for the shells. I will let you all know which day we are going to have the shells here (it will be next week)

Thanks

Rot
12-29-2017, 07:55 AM

Our plan was to ship 250kgs of shells from China over a different carrier (cause UPS is really expensive) this week, unfortunally the factory is still producing the shells so we took the decision to ship 3 boxes by UPS so if factory give us the pcbs next week (we will know it about net friday) we are ready to ship.

We will ship the rest of the shells next week from China to Spain with the regular carrier BTW.

So, as soon as the UPS packet starts moving we will have a shipping date for the shells. I will let you all know which day we are going to have the shells here (it will be next week)

Thanks

Sounds good... thanks for the update Neosd...

xROTx

PS. On a sidenote... I released... takeshi385 from the War Room...

MobiusStripTech
12-29-2017, 08:32 AM
Can't wait to see this in person. The shells turned out amazing from the pictures you posted a while back.

torgo100
12-29-2017, 08:38 AM
Excitement building

sr20det510
12-29-2017, 08:48 AM

So, as soon as the UPS packet starts moving we will have a delivery date for the shells. I will let you all know which day we are going to have the shells here (it will be next week)

Thanks

It's on like Donkey Kong!!

NeoSD keep up the good work!

neosd
12-29-2017, 10:11 AM
Ok, i think this is a good moment to resume how the production is :

Shells, one part shipped form China by UPS, we got tracking number (it will arrive next week), the rest will be shipped next week by regular courrier.

Cardboxes and manuals : They are being finished to manufacture. I say they are being finished but i think they are already finished and only packing and shipping is remaining. Those are done in Spain so shipping to our office is just 1 day.

Boards : Soldering factory has all parts since before christmas. They return to work january 2th
We are waiting a factory slot to get the boards soldered, they said they will try to solder next week.
Knowing them, we will not know when they are going to solder the boards until the boards are actually soldered. Since some time they just process your order when they have a production slot based on other larger series of 1000s they do.

As soon as we have more news about any of the stages we will let you know, we are going to put pictures as soon as shells arrive here with the complete product assembled, same for cardboxes and so.

Testing the shells on TurboGrafx16 ...

Saludos

GadgetUK
12-29-2017, 10:17 AM
Ok, i think this is a good moment to resume how the production is :

Shells, one part shipped form China by UPS, we got tracking number (it will arrive next week), the rest will be shipped next week by regular courrier.

Cardboxes and manuals : They are being finished to manufacture. I say they are being finished but i think they are already finished and only packing and shipping is remaining. Those are done in Spain so shipping to our office is just 1 day.

Boards : Soldering factory has all parts since before christmas. They return to work january 2th
We are waiting a factory slot to get the boards soldered, they said they will try to solder next week.
Knowing them, we will not know when they are going to solder the boards until the boards are actually soldered. Since some time they just process your order when they have a production slot based on other larger series of 1000s they do.

As soon as we have more news about any of the stages we will let you know, we are going to put pictures as soon as shells arrive here with the complete product assembled, same for cardboxes and so.

Testing the shells on TurboGrafx16 ...

Saludos
Great update =D Sounds like they should be ready early Jan then =D

neosd
12-29-2017, 10:20 AM
Great update =D Sounds like they should be ready early Jan then =D

Yes, i canīt promise shipping next week cause as today i am lacking of the rest of the info but as today its possible.

What i can promise is : if next friday or before we have all the parts, we are going to start shipping next day or same day. Our plan is to do the same we did with NEOSD : work everyday, weekends included to ship as many orders as faster as possible.

You guys will get detailed daily info here as usual

torgo100
12-29-2017, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the update. Really excited!

greatfunky
12-29-2017, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the update Neosd , good communication as ever :)

GadgetUK
12-29-2017, 10:52 AM
Yes, i canīt promise shipping next week cause as today i am lacking of the rest of the info but as today its possible.

What i can promise is : if next friday or before we have all the parts, we are going to start shipping next day or same day. Our plan is to do the same we did with NEOSD : work everyday, weekends included to ship as many orders as faster as possible.

Even if its mid to late Jan that's better than the situation we had with the MVS shells =D It's worth the wait - just having so much fun testing this atm.

nono2lozere
12-29-2017, 10:52 AM
Our plan is to do the same we did with NEOSD : work everyday, weekends included to ship as many orders as faster as possible.

You are completly crazy!! Your customers can wait 2 more days, you arn't supposed to work weekend!!!

neosd
12-29-2017, 10:53 AM
Even if its mid to late Jan that's better than the situation we had with the MVS shells =D It's worth the wait - just having so much fun testing this atm.

We donīt expect any drama or delays this time, but we will see.

We tried to fix our past mistakes, one always learnts from its mistakes ... first decision was to move to a different factory for shells. We donīt want to live with a delay like the one that we had with neosd shells. It was a pain

neosd
12-29-2017, 10:55 AM
You are completly crazy!! Your customers can wait 2 more days, you arn't supposed to work weekend!!!

I personally hate to receive emails asking when we are going to ship, so one shipped item is one customer less that may send you an email

This may sound stupid, but one year ago i got those emails everyday at every hour. I wake up with those emails, it was really disgusting and terrible for my mental health.

BTW i totally understand people has the right to send emails asking when are we going to ship, i do that sometimes aswel, as long as i donīt have any other source of information. I am just telling this puts extra preasure on me ....

GadgetUK
12-29-2017, 11:14 AM
I personally hate to receive emails asking when we are going to ship, so one shipped item is one customer less that may send you an email

This may sound stupid, but one year ago i got those emails everyday at every hour. I wake up with those emails, it was really disgusting and terrible for my mental health.

BTW i totally understand people has the right to send emails asking when are we going to ship, i do that sometimes aswel, as long as i donīt have any other source of information. I am just telling this puts extra preasure on me ....

Don't let it stress you =D It's just because people are sooo hyped to get one =D

neosd
12-29-2017, 11:20 AM
Don't let it stress you =D It's just because people are sooo hyped to get one =D

This year is being surprisingly nice on this side, we got many more orders than we had with NEOSD and not many people sends emails.

Really nice

fille1976
12-29-2017, 11:50 AM
Because its clear what it does and what not neosd,just like with your neosd mvs and aes.
I got those 2 running up fast without a problem.
So,don't stress,take your time and enjoy holidays.

gameofyou
12-29-2017, 12:34 PM
For your first batch of pcbs, are you making enough to only cover pre-orders, or are you making a bunch extra?

Rot
12-29-2017, 12:49 PM
For your first batch of pcbs, are you making enough to only cover pre-orders, or are you making a bunch extra?

Why don't you ask how many he's sold...

His profit margin...

...and his inner thigh measurement...

WHO THE FUCK ASKS FOR PRIVATE DETAILS ABOUT SOMEONES BUSINESS!... and what has it gotta do with you?

xROTx

PS. You order... Neosd completes... until he says "HEY... best stop... none left..."...

EDIT. Fuckin noob...

neosd
12-29-2017, 01:38 PM

Hello

First batch concept makes no sense anymore
We had a number of units we thought we would sell during Christmas and this was our launch number. We have been proved to be we wrong so after the first day of sales what we did was to contact distributors and source chips, as many as possible . We did the same with pcbs factory
Fortunately pcbs factory had much more pcbs produced than our order( they tend to do that , to take the risk, produce more and wait for you to make a new order, this is a risk but it lowers they production costs)

So we took all those extra pcbs and ordered more

So what's the plan ? We have a number of pcbs produced and number of chips in stock and a number of pcbs we are waiting for (those should be on the factory 3th that's what the factory told us)

So factory is going to start soldering next Week, how many ? As many as they have parts for
When are they going to build more ? On the next week or on the 2 following ones, depending on parts and their slot

Btw, we have chips and pcbs (with this second order that is going to be delivered on January 3th) for every one , what we don't know how much time the remains stock will last after launch

What are we expecting ? A big demand, after the first units are sent cause we had a big demand without a product on the street and the product is really strong , so after people start getting the first units we expect YouTube videos and word on the street about the performance

What that means ? That our expectation is not to have units for 24 hours shipping in some time

This is an answer that I don't think any company would give you , but this is how we are

sparksterz
12-29-2017, 02:07 PM
Cool stuff, just ordered one. My Duo-R and Everdrive are now obsolete, but I couldn't be happier!

gameofyou
12-29-2017, 06:56 PM
Hello

First batch concept makes no sense anymore
We had a number of units we thought we would sell during Christmas and this was our launch number. We have been proved to be we wrong so after the first day of sales what we did was to contact distributors and source chips, as many as possible . We did the same with pcbs factory
Fortunately pcbs factory had much more pcbs produced than our order( they tend to do that , to take the risk, produce more and wait for you to make a new order, this is a risk but it lowers they production costs)

So we took all those extra pcbs and ordered more

So what's the plan ? We have a number of pcbs produced and number of chips in stock and a number of pcbs we are waiting for (those should be on the factory 3th that's what the factory told us)

So factory is going to start soldering next Week, how many ? As many as they have parts for
When are they going to build more ? On the next week or on the 2 following ones, depending on parts and their slot

Btw, we have chips and pcbs (with this second order that is going to be delivered on January 3th) for every one , what we don't know how much time the remains stock will last after launch

What are we expecting ? A big demand, after the first units are sent cause we had a big demand without a product on the street and the product is really strong , so after people start getting the first units we expect YouTube videos and word on the street about the performance

What that means ? That our expectation is not to have units for 24 hours shipping in some time

This is an answer that I don't think any company would give you , but this is how we are

Thanks for the very detailed response. It’s great to see that demand is so strong. I find all this “behind the scenes” info very interesting. Sorry if my post made it seem like I was asking for specific business information. I wasn’t. I was just wondering, in general, how you estimated demand.

neosd
12-29-2017, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the very detailed response. It’s great to see that demand is so strong. I find all this “behind the scenes” info very interesting. Sorry if my post made it seem like I was asking for specific business information. I wasn’t. I was just wondering, in general, how you estimated demand.

Background, experience, numbers. There is no key for that. Just instinct, a mix of all those things.
Same answer is valid to decide what product to develop.

dkarDaGobert
12-30-2017, 11:29 AM
Yeah...

xROTx

did you steal this the toolbox picture from darksofts forum? im sure you need this one if you want a fitting shell for his neo flashcard :D

enough OT, im glad the sale is running well for you :)

neosd
12-30-2017, 11:46 AM
UPDATE

As promised, we have a delivery date for shells

Wednesday, 03/01/2018 , by 14:00 (this is European date format. Next Wednesday, in 4 days)

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/shells_shipping.png

neosd
12-30-2017, 12:34 PM
did you steal this the toolbox picture from darksofts forum? im sure you need this one if you want a fitting shell for his neo flashcard :D

enough OT, im glad the sale is running well for you :)

Damn those Germans, always putting the finger on others eye :(

When talking about stealing others work, we only like "SD reading code"

c0nn0r
12-30-2017, 01:25 PM
This unit looks incredible. I've always had my heart set on a briefcase unit, but that has now flown out the window. I'll be getting one of these this Spring for my birthday. Actually, I still need to pick-up one of the NeoSD units as well, so not sure which one I will buy first. Also, I'm wondering if we'll get a similar device for SEGA/MEGA CD in the future. Either way, pretty fuckin' cool. Kudos, congrats, and cheers to the developers!

Who needs viagara with NeoSD working their magic?!

fenikso
12-31-2017, 05:16 PM
UPDATE

As promised, we have a delivery date for shells

Wednesday, 03/01/2018 , by 14:00 (this is European date format. Next Wednesday, in 4 days)

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/shells_shipping.png

I'm soooo ready to start messing around with this. Turbo is one of my all-time favorite consoles.

torgo100
01-01-2018, 02:43 PM
I've put-off getting an OSSC or going RGB for years, but this has forced my hand, so now I'm obsessing over it lol. I've even started ripping my cd's :-)

Macck
01-02-2018, 05:17 PM
OMG !!!

I need it !!!

[]'Macck

neosd
01-03-2018, 06:13 AM
We got shells ...

Will the shell fit on the Turbografx 16 ?

How good those are ?

More info soon ...

EDIT : Video is rendering, check in some minutes for 1080p quality

Here are the answers :

https://youtu.be/q34Bwd6e_Jc

Endprodukt
01-03-2018, 06:34 AM
I was wondering if Cue + IMG will work? That's how I ripped my games back in the day.

mistahsnart
01-03-2018, 06:40 AM
Looking awesome. Those cases are excellent quality. So now everyone finally can stop freaking out about the TG16 compatibility.

I can't wait to get mine!

neosd
01-03-2018, 06:49 AM
Looking awesome. Those cases are excellent quality. So now everyone finally can stop freaking out about the TG16 compatibility.

I can't wait to get mine!

Those are really strong aswel, i canīt believe we managed to have such perfect piece and without issues after neosd shells drama.

Anyways, we are uploading a video now to show how the led can be seen from the outside. We were not able to get perfect sunlight as the day is cloudy here but the led blinking looks amazing aswel.

EDIT : An small video to show how the CDROM Access LED can be seem from the outside of Super SD System 3 shell

https://youtu.be/7dp_FLV3Zc0

Rot
01-03-2018, 06:50 AM
Those are really strong aswel, i canīt believe we managed to have such perfect piece and without issues after neosd shells drama.

Anyways, we are uploading a video now to show how the led can be seen from the outside. We were not able to get perfect sunlight as the day is cloudy here but the led blinking looks amazing aswel.

Knight Rider effect?.. please say Yes...

xROTx

torgo100
01-03-2018, 08:31 AM
So, after all of the drama in previous pages, have we decided on an RGB cable to buy?

Rot
01-03-2018, 08:36 AM
So, after all of the drama in previous pages, have we decided on an RGB cable to buy?

The cheapest one... (http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?273334-PC-Engine-Super-System3-RGB-Tech-Support)

Macck
01-03-2018, 08:42 AM
We got shells ...

Will the shell fit on the Turbografx 16 ?

How good those are ?

More info soon ...

EDIT : Video is rendering, check in some minutes for 1080p quality

Here are the answers :

https://youtu.be/q34Bwd6e_Jc

Will it fit in the SuperGrafix ???

[ ]`Macck

Rot
01-03-2018, 08:43 AM

[ ]`Macck

:facepalm....:

Yodd
01-03-2018, 09:00 AM

[ ]`Macck

You didn't watch the video, did you?

Macck
01-03-2018, 09:06 AM
Sorry, no....i will.

[ ]'Macck

torgo100
01-03-2018, 09:10 AM
The cheapest one... (http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?273334-PC-Engine-Super-System3-RGB-Tech-Support)

Thanks, I didn't know that thread existed.

fenikso
01-03-2018, 09:12 AM
Sorry, no....i will.

[ ]'Macck

I did watch the videos, and I just want to say how SHOCKED I am:

I didn't think we were allowed to show porn outside of the Warroom

landsat
01-03-2018, 09:29 AM
I was wondering if Cue + IMG will work? That's how I ripped my games back in the day.

It will works because you use cue file.

For the RGB cable you can use this => https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/packapunch-range/packapunch-cables-for-sega-consoles/sega-mega-drive-2-sega-genesis-2-rgb-av-scart-cable-tv-lead-packapunch

neosd
01-03-2018, 10:28 AM
UPDATE 03-01-2017

We got tracking number for the cardboxes and manuals.
Those should arrive by friday

landsat
01-03-2018, 10:53 AM
UPDATE 03-01-2017

We got tracking number for the cardboxes and manuals.
Those should arrive by friday

So gooooood

fille1976
01-03-2018, 11:22 AM
Top class neosd,seems to be really good quality,thx.

turdkind
01-03-2018, 12:45 PM
Great update. Looks amazing.

I was going to settle for a Core, but seeing the bizarre beauty that is the Super Grafx + Super SD System 3, I might have to grab that instead.

neodev
01-03-2018, 01:38 PM

Cue+img work. As long as you have a cue file and uncompressed audio tracks, it will work. Data tracks work in 2048 or 2352 bytes per sector.

Endprodukt
01-03-2018, 03:48 PM
Cue+img work. As long as you have a cue file and uncompressed audio tracks, it will work. Data tracks work in 2048 or 2352 bytes per sector.

You mean uncompressed within the IMG?

Rot
01-03-2018, 03:55 PM

You joined to talk about teh romz?...

I am tired... and cranky...

Just get a fuckin' grip and read the forums before you start on this downward spiral of dumbass posts...

I am sorta tolerant about certain things... but it seems a lot of "new" members and the odd dumbass lurker acocunt have started on the wrong foot...

This is NG.com...it is "advisable" that you read up for yourself... or at the very least contribute some more before going straight for the throat... with teh romz...

xROTx

PS. My intention is not to diminish this device or it's sales... it's to point of how this forum is run...

nio
01-03-2018, 04:05 PM
The case really looks impressive! It goes very well with all the variants of pc engine. i like the transparent like style a lot! perfect

legolas119
01-03-2018, 04:06 PM
hi guys, i want to order my copy, but in the final step, when i have to choose the payment method, i can only choose:
pay by bank wire or Resys...why? is it not possible to pay with Paypal?

neosd
01-03-2018, 04:08 PM
hi guys, i want to order my copy, but in the final step, when i have to choose the payment method, i can only choose:

Redsys = BBVAīs Credit card gateway.

We donīt want to deal with paypal, we preffer not selling ratter than working for them (high fees) and deal with scammers. I hope you understand that.

Thanks

Rot
01-03-2018, 04:10 PM

This has been discussed before... NUMEROUS times...

This is the sorta shit i see all the time recently.... To be fuckin' honest, it's pissing me off....

Short answer... Neosd won't accept paypal transactions...
Long answer... if people don't start reading the relevant threads before asking questions that Neosd has answered about 10 times before i am going to War room lock everyone of you fucks...

legolas119
01-03-2018, 04:20 PM
Redsys = BBVAīs Credit card gateway.

We donīt want to deal with paypal, we preffer not selling ratter than working for them (high fees) and deal with scammers. I hope you understand that.

Thanks

no problem! I paid with credit card. order placed! :)

neosd
01-03-2018, 04:24 PM
no problem! I paid with credit card. order placed! :)

Thanks for the order G,

Alex,

neodev
01-04-2018, 12:48 AM

I meant uncompressed audio for audio tracks. Img/bin data tracks aren't compressed,but audio tracks can be uncompressed (bin/wav) or compressed in mp3/ogg/flac. Compressed audio tracks won't work. You'll get weird noises instead of proper sound.

Endprodukt
01-04-2018, 01:56 PM
since they're direct rips I sure hope they're no compressed. How should I format the SD?

torgo100
01-04-2018, 02:02 PM
since they're direct rips I sure hope they're no compressed. How should I format the SD?

Read the thread. It's FAT32

Endprodukt
01-04-2018, 02:16 PM
Dude, this thread is 35 pages long and it's an info that isn't given on page 1 in the FAQ. If it's too much to ask, don't answer.

@neodev, you might add this info to your FAQ so people like me don't ask. ;)

Rot
01-04-2018, 02:24 PM
Dude, this thread is 35 pages long and it's an info that isn't given on page 1 in the FAQ. If it's too much to ask, don't answer.

Yes... it is... War room lock...

Read the fucking forum...

PS. Next lazy ass entitled fuck please.... i am really getting annoyed...

QUICK EDIT. If Endprodukt had taken time to read the thread... he'd have realised that when i'm in a mood... I will kill every fuckin' one of you self entitled lazy ass n00bz...

torgo100
01-04-2018, 02:33 PM

Was trying to get to you before Rot did, he's a lot less forgiving

*edit* too late lol

Syn
01-04-2018, 02:50 PM
There's not much that hasn't been asked already.

Not everything can be added to the first two posts or faq.

Dude it's 35 pages, lol. Most posts are short with the longer ones by NeoSD containing information you want to read.

neosd
01-04-2018, 02:52 PM
There's not much that hasn't been asked already.

Not everything can be added to the first two posts or faq.

Dude it's 35 pages, lol. Most posts are short with the longer ones by NeoSD containing information you want to read.

I agree,

I donīt want to offend anyone, but the manual is on the seccond post of the first page, it answers everything. Microsd format aswel ...

Rot
01-04-2018, 05:12 PM
I agree,

I donīt want to offend anyone, but the manual is on the seccond post of the first page, it answers everything. Microsd format aswel ...

Not to worry Neosd... I'll happily offend as many people as it takes to stop the new facebook/social media type instant answer entitlement members... as it takes...

This is to drive the message home.... that we are a forum that would "appreciate" you reading and not asking dumb questions that have already been answered in the same fuckin' thread you posted in...

xROTx

PS. I don't ban... I initially punish.. and if worse comes to worse... I merge your dumbass account with a known piece of shit member...

DirkSwizzler
01-04-2018, 06:12 PM

Yeah, but the rest is mostly nubs being dumb and getting locked.

*ducks*

neopolo
01-04-2018, 09:43 PM
neosd you make a good job,thanks for this,i so exciting for receive your sd pcengine.

thanks very much :)

SNK_Pro
01-05-2018, 04:41 AM
Shells look like great quality, nice work. If using a PCE which is already RGB modded, I assume the video signal from the systems AV out is still usable? Or would it need to pass through the one on the SD System 3 itself? I will be using my RGB modded OG white system, and it would save the need for buying the MD2 scart.

Relikk
01-05-2018, 04:59 AM
It's still usable but you won't be able to get any audio from CD games.

neosd
01-05-2018, 05:44 AM
It's still usable but you won't be able to get any audio from CD games.

Actually you will get sfx, CD audio hardware is present on the ssds3 and there is no way to mix it back to the pcengine, just like original CD-ROM drive, so you need to get audio atleast from the ssds3 multi out

Rot
01-05-2018, 06:29 AM
HEY... Endprodukt... I see you've been complaining on NGFL about me.. Let me explain WHY you're War room Locked...

You were War room locked for:

1. Initially hitting my radar as a NEW user asking about teh romz.... I let that one go...
2. 2 Posts later you decide that you can't be bothered to read up the thread concerning formatting of a SD card...

Infact... it seems your ONLY 4 posts are just the sorta posts that aggravate our membership... and myself...

We are NOT a social media website... we are a community...
We are NOT your personal "I want to know NOW" website... we are a private forum with our own rules...
We are NOT your therapist... we are a forum that do not sugar coat the fact that you were being a retard...

xROTx

PS. Stay in the War Room extended until i can be fuckin' arsed to let you out...

RAZO
01-05-2018, 08:43 AM
HEY... Endprodukt... I see you've been complaining on NGFL about me.. Let me explain WHY you're War room Locked...

ROT SEES ALL. Your a machine bro.

SNK_Pro
01-05-2018, 09:23 AM
Actually you will get sfx, CD audio hardware is present on the ssds3 and there is no way to mix it back to the pcengine, just like original CD-ROM drive, so you need to get audio atleast from the ssds3 multi out

Great, thanks for the info, I’ll get the lead ordered now.

torgo100
01-05-2018, 09:32 AM
Just ordered an OSSC and RGB cables :-)
The anticipation is killing me!

neosd
01-05-2018, 11:10 AM
UPDATE : 05-01-2018

Cardboxes arrived yesterday. Only pcbs remaing to arrive now, we expect those next week, more details as soon as we have those.

I able to fast mount one without glue it. It was a fast job to see how those will look like once glued and assembled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LFLLdLLcfQ

RAZO
01-05-2018, 11:16 AM
UPDATE : 05-01-2018

Cardboxes arrived yesterday. Only pcbs remaing to arrive now, we expect those next week, more details as soon as we have those.

I able to fast mount one without glue it. It was a fast job to see how those will look like once glued and assembled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LFLLdLLcfQ

Looks Very Professional. Looking Forward to getting this.

Recap
01-05-2018, 11:36 AM
Hi. Congrats again. Sorry to mention this, but hopefully you can find another place to officially and publicly discuss your work with your [possible] customers. It makes little sense to expect proper feedback and sane discussion on a brand-new tech product in a place where only regulars are welcome and technical questions are frightening. This place's admins seemingly only want "contributors", which is of course a legitimate prerrogative, but most people coming to this thread won't give a shit about this very place, obviously. The overprotective reactions here are harming your sales and will have an effect, for instance, on compatibility/accuracy tests and their compilations, which is the first thing everybody will care about.

Take this just as a customer's opinion; no offense involved.

But I actually had another question/suggestion, in case you're still open to those -- why isn't the device's menu/GUI using the system's highest resolution mode? By displaying it at 336 px-wide or more you could get more text on screen with the same font, which will come in handy especially for long file names. I'm sure you already thought about that; just wondering what would be the reason out of curiousity. Moreover, will it be possible to hide the menu's frame and graphics (and even change the font) so that the user gets a neutral, clean GUI if that's his preference? Something along the lines of Rhea's unofficial menu, which I'm sure you'll know by now.

Thank you.

Rot
01-05-2018, 11:53 AM
Hi. Congrats again. Sorry to mention this, but hopefully you can find another place to officially and publicly discuss your work with your [possible] customers. It makes little sense to expect proper feedback and sane discussion on a brand-new tech product in a place where only regulars are welcome and technical questions are frightening. This place's admins seemingly only want "contributors", which is of course a legitimate prerrogative, but most people coming to this thread won't give a shit about this very place, obviously. The overprotective reactions here are harming your sales and will have an effect, for instance, on compatibility/accuracy tests and their compilations, which is the first thing everybody will care about.

But I actually had another question/suggestion, in case you're still open to those -- why isn't the device's menu/GUI using the system's highest resolution mode? By displaying it at 336 px-wide or more you could get more text on screen with the same font, which will come in handy especially for long file names. I'm sure you already thought about that; just wondering what would be the reason out of curiousity. Moreover, will it be possible to hide the menu's frame and graphics (and even change the font) so that the user gets a neutral, clean GUI if that's his preference? Something along the lines of Rhea's unofficial menu, which I'm sure you'll know by now.

Thank you.

The "admins" are not the issue... the issue is with people who haven't a clue on how the forum works....

You wanna ask questions to the Neosd team (or on other matters)... no problems... BUT!... we expect you to research certain points YOURSELF..

You will find our memberbase have taken an interest in this thread and most have taken the time to read the thread (and click Links)...

How would you feel if you kept answering the same question NUMEROUS times... when all you needed to do was read the thread? Neosd is getting pissed off with it... and so am I...

We are NOT a forum where you can walk in and just pick and choose how you act... we expect a certain amount of "member behaviour" in regards to researching for yourself...

I appreciate your post... but I'm not a monster...

I will however, moderate this forum how the vast majority of our memberbase expect it to be moderated... because they have taken the personal time, effort and community spirit that keeps this forum alive...

WE DO NOT NEED FLY BY NIGHT MEMBERS...

xROTx

fille1976
01-05-2018, 11:57 AM
Looks very good neosd,top finish off your product.

neosd
01-05-2018, 12:04 PM
Hello,

I have to say that i disagree with your opinion.
As you seem to be Spanish as we are, i think you may know there is a siilar thread at elotrolado.net.
https://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_super-sd-system-3-nuevo-producto-terraonion_2262463

We are answering any questions here and there. Magnament on both forums is different, so rules are different aswel.
If you have the need to ask something public and you donīt feel confortable asking at neo-geo.com, you can ask at elotrolado.net .
We are well known for not hide ourselves or answering uncomfortable questions (see the RGB drama, he didnīt hide on that, we looked for the best way to fix it ratter than deny the issue or pretend it never existed
If you are affrai about neutrality here, you may post there, i am just sugesting ...

Coming back to topic i would say no one here got banned while asking good and bad things that could affect sales at all. I know this may sound stupid but we are more interested on having everyone happy ratter than boost sales. One thing comes with the other one.
Neosd hasnīt been a masterclass about marketing but hey, no one has an open issue with a game not working at all, so you may imagine what kind of compatibility rate you will get with Super SD System 3. Not so hard to figure that ...

About your menu question : i will let neodev answer you cause i am not the mastermind behind the hardware, neither i ever prentending to be. I am not this super hacker others pretend to be, you know. I just try my best to have as many customers as possible happy.

You can be sure i will do anything that is needed to achieve that.

Thank you.

neodev
01-05-2018, 12:06 PM

Thank you.

Well, actually, the problem was that using the higher res, requires using larger tilemap modes, that need more ram, and also need more tiles to cover the screen, that required more than the available video ram. That was in early stages where the "empty" areas also were wasting tiles, then we made the scroll thing in the filenames, and it was quite good, and although the tiles are currently optimized, that didn't change, as the graphics are already done for that resolution. I just had a look at the tile data allocation and we are around 40KB for the tiles & font, plus 2KB for the screenshot, another 2KB for the "no screenshot" image, and then 2KB for sprites (the selection and scroll bars and plenty of space :) ), so to use the higher res modes, all that data will need to be increased, probably neededing more than the available vram amount.

Currently there is no way to disable the UI graphics or change the font, it's part of the SSDS3 experience :) and a lot of work was done by alienpdx to have it look fine with all our strange requests :)

fenikso
01-05-2018, 12:34 PM
The whole package looks slick and professional. Anticipation is killing me.

neosd
01-05-2018, 01:30 PM
The whole package looks slick and professional. Anticipation is killing me.

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/ssds3_cardboxes.jpeg

Yodd
01-05-2018, 01:37 PM
Heck yeah! Looks amazing.

neosd
01-05-2018, 01:56 PM
Heck yeah! Looks amazing.

I am confident about next week we should start shipping, only pcbs remaining and those may already be manufactured as we speak (i have been yesterday and today at the hospital so i wasnīt able to call factory). I will call monday and will have more details.

I just ask for one thing, PATIENCE please, as we have a lot of orders and process all those is going to take a pile of time, mounting boxes, shells, validating pcbs, packing and shipping. Among with the rest of companyīs daily tasks

We hope to be able to ship about 50 units per week so it will take some time until we are up to date with all orders.

As stated before, it will take time until we have units for 24hours shipping so we are going to respect purchase date for everyone.

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/shells_and_boxes_1.jpeg
http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/shells_and_boxes_2.jpeg

takeshi385
01-05-2018, 04:21 PM
Oh man this is shaping up beautifully. I still need to buy a spare genesis 2 cable(or solder one together), but I am super excited.

Recap
01-05-2018, 06:27 PM
Well, actually, the problem was that using the higher res, requires using larger tilemap modes, that need more ram, and also need more tiles to cover the screen, that required more than the available video ram. That was in early stages where the "empty" areas also were wasting tiles, then we made the scroll thing in the filenames, and it was quite good, and although the tiles are currently optimized, that didn't change, as the graphics are already done for that resolution. I just had a look at the tile data allocation and we are around 40KB for the tiles & font, plus 2KB for the screenshot, another 2KB for the "no screenshot" image, and then 2KB for sprites (the selection and scroll bars and plenty of space :) ), so to use the higher res modes, all that data will need to be increased, probably neededing more than the available vram amount.

Currently there is no way to disable the UI graphics or change the font, it's part of the SSDS3 experience

That's my point, indeed. However much all the users will no wonder love the device for its uniqueness, some will appreciate to have an option to make the experience itself as "official" or "pure" as possible, and having a clean, motifs-free GUI is the only factor which can help here. The truth is the current GUI's graphics and font have more to do with, I don't know, Amiga 500 demos than with Japanese games or the PCE (and yep -- even with an official controller drawn there in), which can be kind of alienating for the people used to the system since the old days (as it already is with most flash carts menus, emulators and whatnot).

https://s18.postimg.org/eivtw6x3t/ssds3_menu.png

I'm not trying to shit on your designer, mind you (I myself wouldn't be happy with any motif-based GUI, no matter how it comes off); just trying to explain another perspective and why more options are usually for the good. If your plans involve reaching Japan, "minimalism" in this stuff is well-regarded there, on the other hand. And well, there's what you say about the graphics not being suited for a high-res mode too -- a motifs-free GUI would allow for that, and higher res helps a lot when browsing and is a lot more comfortable for the eyes.

https://s18.postimg.org/xcm86nac9/rhea_sample.png

Anyway, I'm glad the option to have that in the future is there. I'm sure your device will be so successful that this is only the first vote for it.

Thanks for reading.

torgo100
01-05-2018, 07:55 PM
The current UI looks just fine to me

Razoola
01-06-2018, 04:28 AM
I agree that the current UI look fine. At the same time however I kind of understand what recap is hinting at (although I don't like the minimalism approach). I understand why UI's (for SD based devices like this) look like how they do. UI's are designed for a purpose and this kind of layout is an easy way to achieve that, and its clean and easy to do. I do feel though that it does not have to be this way, I feel multicart UIs can break away from this kind of layout into something different, something more is line with game choosing rather than file selecting on a futuristic design layout (even when its excellently drawn).

Now what that sould be is an open question, but what ever it is, if it does not at least equal or beat usability of the current designs then it should not be used. If I use the neogeoland demo as an example (keeping in mind the ui was not complete and used placeholder gfx in places). Yes its still a scrollable game list and windows opening within windows so to speak. However the feel of it is really quite different. In my view, bringing the games system feel into the UI really helps.

This is an idea I would like to share but bear in mind given where this device is now in production this could only maybe happen via a future firmware update... I really love the colors of the 'PCE Super SD system 3' packaging. My view would be to incorporate those colors into the UI but at the same time 'round the edges' of the GFX in the UI to give it a less metallic feel and more soft feel.

greatfunky
01-06-2018, 04:57 AM
The UI is fine to me too , i was a copier's collector back in the 90's and start of 2000's , before flashcart era and we had sometimes fun menus on some of them ...

I enjoy each new video from neosd , we won't regret our purchase for sure ...

s. k. technique
01-06-2018, 05:28 AM
I think I am with Recap on the UI; coming from having an Amiga growing up the UI reminded me a tiny bit of Paradox scene group. I too would welcome the possibility of future custom front ends, or a PCE colour scheme, which isn't easy mentioning the VRAM constraints as the PCE, CoreGrafx & Core Grafx II have different unit and logo colours (and controllers:rolleyes:). Either way, this continues to look like a top quality product and I am looking to receiving mine.

neosd
01-06-2018, 05:41 AM
I think I am with Recap on the UI; coming from having an Amiga growing up the UI reminded me a tiny bit of Paradox scene group. I too would welcome the possibility of future custom front ends, or a PCE colour scheme, which isn't easy mentioning the VRAM constraints as the PCE, CoreGrafx & Core Grafx II have different unit and logo colours (and controllers:rolleyes:). Either way, this continues to look like a top quality product and I am looking to receiving mine.

It looks like a paradox logo cause alien did most of the paradox art ;) this is where we meet
So yes, our devices have all this scene look or feeling. I myself love that touch as I think ours are kinda like scene devices

Anyways, my opinion is that you guys have to try it and see how it feels, how it performs.

We are always on time to change things on the ui for sure as every part of the software is updateable by firmware as neosd ...

My own taste is I don't like a GUI that is just a terminal screen, I don't like everdrives GUI at our devices, I think those are just poor

s. k. technique
01-06-2018, 06:02 AM
Lol, Brilliant! That makes a lot of sense :glee: They were one of the biggest groups on the Amiga, always looked forward to their releases, thumping tracks and bouncing art!

greatfunky
01-06-2018, 06:15 AM
And when copiers went out, the scene moved also on the consoles .... snes cracktro:buttrock:

lachlan
01-06-2018, 06:24 AM
Never once have I thought oh the sd2snes gui is a bit off for my taste or hey the neosd gui seems a bit unlike the dipswitch screen. Who the hell thinks like that? OOh err the menuuue doesn't look like how I like, the colours hurt my eyes ooh errr. geez fuckin louise!

Recap
01-06-2018, 09:03 AM
Never once have I thought oh the sd2snes gui is a bit off for my taste or hey the neosd gui seems a bit unlike the dipswitch screen. Who the hell thinks like that?

People who care about the details and aesthetics, I'd say? Same kind as the artists and designers who made the NG games you love so much? Hum...

torgo100
01-06-2018, 09:12 AM
People who care about the details and aesthetics, I'd say? Same kind as the artists and designers who made the NG games you love so much? Hum...

As long as the device functions properly is good enough for me. I don't care about aesthetics for simple menus

neosd
01-06-2018, 09:20 AM

https://s18.postimg.org/xcm86nac9/rhea_sample.png

I may be missing something cause this sentence and the UI picture you showed wont fit on the same post in my mind ...

RAZO
01-06-2018, 09:26 AM
As long as the device functions properly is good enough for me. I don't care about aesthetics for simple menus

This. It's a menu, you select a game and off you go. As long as it functions properly, it's fine.

Jontox
01-06-2018, 09:27 AM
Indeed, this is quite awful as far as I’m concerned.
Current UI is great and the designer should be proud of his work!

Rot
01-06-2018, 09:47 AM
You think the Spanish member... recap is a Darksoft spy? Is that what everyone is implying here?

xROTx

PS. Let me know... I'll deal with it...

EDIT. It's a fuckin' menu... you select... and play...

How many fuckin' times do you intend to look at the menu and think "Oh wait... I need NOT to play a game... look at the layout for hours... and start a list of shit to criticise instead..."...

neosd
01-06-2018, 10:03 AM
You think the Spanish member... recap is a Darksoft spy? Is that what everyone is implying here?

xROTx

PS. Let me know... I'll deal with it...

EDIT. It's a fuckin' menu... you select... and play...

How many fuckin' times do you intend to look at the menu and think "Oh wait... I need NOT to play a game... look at the layout for hours... and start a list of shit to criticise instead..."...

Rot,

His claim has a lot of sense (atleast if you havenīt tried the actual UI)
A menu has to show all the needed information in a clean way and it must be fast to move among the items aswel. Alteast those are the parameters i care about in a menu

I said : "try the actual menu and judge yourself" because i think our current menu acomplishes all the goals it has to, while adding a nice look to the device. Its far from everdrives menu for sure, where you donīt have any graphics neither screenshots.
I bet everdriveīs developer would love to have graphics and screenshots there if you ask him, but this needs more skills and work than write a flash/ram chip with an arm

I may understand that some people may see art in a termianal screen, the same way some see art in a gallery when i can only see garbage.

So, get the device, try the actual UI and come back complaining about the usability, we will consider improving it based in your coments and the coments from other users aswel.

I just want to believe this is not another tactic to start some drama about our product, i say that cause your original post was asuming we had bad or poor game compatibility ... It looked fishy to my eyes the whole scenario

Rot
01-06-2018, 10:10 AM
Rot,

His claim has a lot of sense (atleast if you havenīt tried the actual UI)
A menu has to show all the needed information in a clean way and it must be fast to move among the items aswel. Alteast those are the parameters i care about in a menu

I said : "try the actual menu and judge yourself" because i think our current menu acomplishes all the goals it has to, while adding a nice look to the device. Its far from everdrives menu for sure, where you donīt have any graphics neither screenshots.
I bet everdriveīs developer would love to have graphics and screenshots there if you ask him, but this needs more skills and work than write a flash/ram chip with an arm

I may understand that some people may see art in a termianal screen, the same way some see art in a gallery when i can only see garbage.

So, get the device, try the actual UI and come back complaining about the usability, we will consider improving it based in your coments and the coments from other users aswel.

I just want to believe this is not another tactic to start some drama about our product, i say that cause your original post was asuming we had bad or poor game compatibility ... It looked fishy to my eyes the whole scenario

I know...

NO ONE has got the device except for one member...

So why not fuckin' wait?... people should start getting this a LOT sooner than a NG.dev pre-order OR that Darksoft fubar device.....

This speculation makes me irritated.... ALL I am waiting for is the first user reviews... NOT speculation from lurker members or n00bs....

The fun REALLY starts when people start getting the device... this is the big breath before the plunge... so "IF" certain parts of our membership wish to be around for it...

...I'd suggest not hitting my radar...

xROTx

torgo100
01-06-2018, 10:17 AM
I know...

NO ONE has got the device except for one member...

So why not fuckin' wait?... people should start getting this a LOT sooner than a NG.dev pre-order OR that Darksoft fubar device.....

This speculation makes me irritated.... ALL I am waiting for is the first user reviews... NOT speculation from lurker members or n00bs....

The fun REALLY starts when people start getting the device... this is the big breath before the plunge... so "IF" certain parts of our membership wish to be around for it...

...I'd suggest not hitting my radar...

xROTx

Because people like to complain and judge :-/

neosd
01-06-2018, 10:31 AM
Because people like to complain and judge :-/

Yes, and this is good, we are the first ones interested on that. On see the complains to improve.
We have improved some areas with SSDS3 based on Neosd feedback and we are working to improve others aswel (company like, no SSDS3 )

We canīt wait to see peopleīs reaction while getting the device, i would say this is one of the best parts of the experience while creating a product like this (maybe the best one is the first time you load a game on the deive).

At the end of the day, we work/release things we like and we are proud of. We would not put anything on the market if we would think its broken or bad. This is a bad long term decision.

Just think about that : SSDS3 is selling well cause NEOSD works pretty fine. If SSDS3 works bad, our reputation (tech like) will go down and sales will go down aswel. Thats why i said that we care more about having users happy than about forums and so.

Our time is limited and we are happy to be here.
If we would not have this place here, as today we would not be aswering anything in public and maybe not by private aswel, cause all our resources are put into developing, not into entertaining people at forums.
I hope you guys unterstand that, we are small and we are trying to grow up, as much as we sell, as bigger things we will be able to build.
We have big plans, we just need time and money to pay senior skilled people. We are in the right way so amazing things are comming if we donīt die while trying it.

torgo100
01-06-2018, 10:54 AM
My feelings about complaining about things like this revolves around getting hands on it first.

Recap
01-06-2018, 01:41 PM

Have no worries there; my "assumption" was based on what you said a few pages ago when asked -- that there could appear issues given that the library is so huge. (And also, I'll admit, on my experience with the SS ODE by Deunan.) That's far from assuming the compatibility is "bad" o "poor", anyway.

If I wasn't confident enough in your labor, I wouldn't have ordered the device this soon; it's that simple.

I do think --and I do without any previous "tactic" nor hidden intention-- that there's some real need of drama here, though. One which ends in you people leaving this place or not using it as the official discussion center for your products. And again, no offense involved; just an opinion as an outsider. If a legit, full-of-arguments suggestion which could well be used as an idea for improvement(*) is seen as suspicious or destructive criticism, there's either, a problem of bad climate and overprotective attitudes or one of adulthood. Having permanently a moderator complaining because a related subject doesn't please him enough only to find you later letting him know that the discussion's OK and good, is nuts. And it's not doing you any good in the long term, despite the comfort area it provides now.

(*)And I'm sure it indeed will be in the future; whenever the people (and most of your customers won't be the oldtimers here, remember that) realize that the menu can have 70~100% more on-screen text for game names in a higher res mode at the cost of the UI's visual motifs, paying homage to the A500 demo scene (no less) and all, it's an easy guess what they'll choose. The screens and videos shown are there to let you to form an opinion on evident stuff like this without having to wait for the device -- that was my guess.

Once again, thanks for reading.

Rot
01-06-2018, 01:48 PM
Have no worries there; my "assumption" was based on what you said a few pages ago when asked -- that there could appear issues given that the library is so huge. (And also, I'll admit, on my experience with the SS ODE by Deunan.) That's far from assuming the compatibility is "bad" o "poor", anyway.

If I wasn't confident enough in your labor, I wouldn't have ordered the device this soon; it's that simple.

I do think --and I do without any previous "tactic" nor hidden intention-- that there's some real need of drama here, though. One which ends in you people leaving this place or not using it as the official discussion center for your products. And again, no offense involved; just an opinion as an outsider. If a legit, full-of-arguments suggestion which could well be used as an idea for improvement(*) is seen as suspicious or destructive criticism, there's either, a problem of bad climate and overprotective attitudes or one of adulthood. Having permanently a moderator complaining because a related subject doesn't please him enough only to find you later letting him know that the discussion's OK and good, is nuts. And it's not doing you any good in the long term, despite the comfort area it provides now.

(*)And I'm sure it indeed will be in the future; whenever the people (and most of your customers won't be the oldtimers here, remember that) realize that the menu can have 70~100% more on-screen text for game names in a higher res mode at the cost of the UI's visual motifs, paying homage to the A500 demo scene (no less) and all, it's an easy guess what they'll choose. The screens and videos shown are there to let you to form an opinion on evident stuff like this without having to wait for the device -- that was my guess.

Are you suggesting... that NG.com isn't the right place for Neosd?

We aint holding him against his will... he can ask to leave anytime he wants... I just move all the threads to where they belong and life goes on...

However, it seems YOU want to make an issue concerning the running of Ng.com... let me make this fucking clear to you...

The management of this site isn't your concern... the issue wasn't with the discussion...

It was with dumbass members like yourself with 139 posts in 14 years here... or n00bz asking questions or making comments without reading the threads or understanding the forum...

Leave or stay.... I don't care... BUT never fuckin' forget this forum has been here close to 2 decades and will be here for a while yet...

The only REAL question is whether you're gonna survive the next 2 minutes...

neosd
01-06-2018, 02:15 PM

Hello,

I will try to eplain what i think about the different subjects.

- Compatibility : GadgetUK got the device before we did the anouncement. I think he tried about 200 games before the anouncement and found no issues.
Then he tried the rare (and some obscure japanese games) (that we didnīt take atention at) and found issues with 4 games, if i donīt remember bad those were :
sherlock holmes
it came from the desert
3 in 1 version of gate of thunder (when regular one was working fine, 3 in 1 was having audio loops)
and another japanese game i donīt remember.

The japanese game was not a bug but a censor audio beep (game did the same on mame and on the other emulator)

If i am not wrong (gadgetuk tried 400 games or so) the entire library ?

Well, we fixed the issues on those 3 games cause those were emulation issues (about 3 weeks ago ?) and as today there are not known issues.

What i mean : the library is large and we put efforts in the games that did something special/ different than regular games: arcade card games, 3x3 eyes, steam hearts ....
So, do i think issues will show ? yes, i am sure that someone will find that when you reach X stage in Y game, audio will get a loop or whatever strange thing this game may be doing others donīt do, and there will be an issue there.
We will fix it in minutes/hours/1 day, 2 days ? depending if this issued is submited a friday or a saturday and we are out for the weekend/personal life stuff... and we will iusse a firmware update.

Resuming : someone is going to find an issue, software is never perfect (not only ours, software in general). But you are not going to find an issue easy for sure cause its has been tested a lot.

- UI : i still think that doing a UI like the one you showed is a mistake, this would make the product less atractive to regular users and will give a feeling about the product being cheap or amateur. I understand pretty well, that not having horizontal scroll is better than having it. But you always have to weigh the different aspects to make as many people happier as possible, see what happened with neosd original UI (before released) for example, we had to change it before release cause people didnīt liked it. In this case (neosd), it was pretty clear that people didnīt liked it. On Super SD System 3 after one month you have been the one asking for a change.
We need more than one user asking for that do change it, not only for the work involved but cause this may upset others. One can never have everyone happy, we just try to have as many people as possible happy ...
So what we are going to do ? for now just wait, this is do something aswel ... wait for others feedback.

- About the forum :

I know it may look from a foreigner that our forum section may be oevermoderated, no one gets his coment deleted but the moderators/owners sometimes send users to the war room.
If you look at the rest of the forum, its just the same.
If you look at what happened with neosd back in the day, it has been drama generated mostly by competors with personal/economics interests. What i still havenīt seen here is someone coming telling us we did a mistake (rgb on SSDS3 for example ? ) and we asking to remove posts or ban people without discussing the issue and working on deliver a solution.
This is an objetive view of the situation here. NG.com is not ours, we acept theyr rules, if we donīt want to stay, we move out.
I myself find curious that Rots ask me if he is so much agressive and so, and i donīt even have an opinion about that, cause i donīt want to have it. Its not going to be me asking him on the forums to ban someone or remove coments.
I just think that customers need to know the good and the bad of what they are going to purchase and hidding issues the manufacturer knows about is scamming people.

So as today we are an small company with a number of customers arround 1.000s, you can see we donīt have many complains cause if there would be complains, believe me NG.com moderating coments would not hide those. There is twitter, facebook, and all this shit where people love to complain ratter than sending a support email asking for help.

Whats going to happen in the future ? i hope someday we will have 10x or 100x (or i wish x1.000 customers), then we will need to move or even not being in forums at all. I have been proved to know a shit about sales and with the few things i learnt i/we am/are doing my/our best.

Everyday i got a piple of things to do, i loook at the list and instead of getting myself sad or ill (cause i know i canīt do all), i try to do the ones i think are most important. Forums right now have low priority, we got more serious things to work at with the resources we have. I can work saturdays, sundays, 12, 14 hours a day but i canīt double myself unfortunally.

I am just doing my best with only a premise : be honest, deliver quality products, donīt cheat customers.

Alex,

Syn
01-06-2018, 02:15 PM
Open discussion? How many times do we have to read someone insist their point of view is better than NeoSD's?

He has been open to suggestions but once NeoSD has addressed why things are the way they are, bringing it up again is pointless at this time.

neodev
01-06-2018, 02:43 PM
Also, IIRC, those bugs that GadgetUK found were all related to sound (sounds looping, or stopping early), and were easily fixed, although they later required re-testing all games, as changing something may potentially break some other games sound if not done properly, but we haven't found any other issue in games for weeks now. Also, as neosd said, software is easily updateable, MCU, FPGA, menu, everything can be updated, so in the event there is need for a simplified menu, that could be added too.

X68
01-06-2018, 02:46 PM
I prefer it you spend your time working on existing and future products rather than creating & maintaining a forum.
Neosd is a solid product & looking fwd to this one, I certainly will be testing a lot of obscure titles on it ;)

Rot
01-06-2018, 02:51 PM
I prefer it you spend your time working on existing and future products rather than creating & maintaining a forum.
Neosd is a solid product & looking fwd to this one, I certainly will be testing a lot of obscure titles on it ;)

Neosd has asked me to help run his new forum... I expect to be paid...

..Hookers aint cheap man...

xROTx

PS. As I said... this is project downtime before the device starts arriving....

EDIT. This doesn't mean to say I won't be around... It's on NG.com hence, I will read it... along with the other threads on this forum...

neosd
01-06-2018, 02:56 PM
Also, IIRC, those bugs that GadgetUK found were all related to sound (sounds looping, or stopping early), and were easily fixed, although they later required re-testing all games, as changing something may potentially break some other games sound if not done properly, but we haven't found any other issue in games for weeks now. Also, as neosd said, software is easily updateable, MCU, FPGA, menu, everything can be updated, so in the event there is need for a simplified menu, that could be added too.

neodev, what a wall of text i wrote ;)

neosd
01-06-2018, 03:22 PM

We are not going to ask anyone to not do so, neither we will put in the FAQ, load small game on slot 1, then load the big one on slot 2 LOL.

Do whatever you want with your purchased device, if you find an issue feel free to call to the seven winds on facebook, twitter and so, but please if you want to get it fixed remember to send us an email aswel, this helps :)

takeshi385
01-06-2018, 03:25 PM
I'm good with the current interface. I'm a programmer so from my stand point anything is better than staring at a text screen. I think the current interface is elegant. I would hate to see something that looks like the usbgdrom, because whilst the usbgdrom works well, the menu looks like a blue dos interface.

ShootTheCore
01-06-2018, 04:47 PM
+1 for the current menu. It looks great and it’s perfectly functional. I’m only in the menu for a couple seconds to boot up a game anyway.

monads
01-06-2018, 05:33 PM
+1 for current menu too. Looks clean/nice. Open to customization options or different looks. But quite honestly I'm just glad this product is a reality and can't wait to receive!!!

Recap
01-06-2018, 07:10 PM
- UI : i still think that doing a UI like the one you showed is a mistake, this would make the product less atractive to regular users and will give a feeling about the product being cheap or amateur. I understand pretty well, that not having horizontal scroll is better than having it. But you always have to weigh the different aspects to make as many people happier as possible, see what happened with neosd original UI (before released) for example, we had to change it before release cause people didnīt liked it. In this case (neosd), it was pretty clear that people didnīt liked it. On Super SD System 3 after one month you have been the one asking for a change.
We need more than one user asking for that do change it, not only for the work involved but cause this may upset others. One can never have everyone happy, we just try to have as many people as possible happy ...

But of course. For those who are missing it -- my petition was having the option [for an alternate effortless, hi-res, clean menu], therefore it makes no sense +1'ing anything, since the current one would stay. It's not this or the other. Everybody happy.

Thanks for the answer.

torgo100
01-06-2018, 07:27 PM
But of course. For those who are missing it -- my petition was having the option [for an alternate effortless, hi-res, clean menu], therefore it makes no sense +1'ing anything, since the current one would stay. It's not this or the other. Everybody happy.

Thanks for the answer.

Sure didn't seem "effortless" in the explanation

Syn
01-06-2018, 07:36 PM
Sure didn't seem "effortless" in the explanation

Don't encourage him. :lolz:

RAZO
01-06-2018, 08:25 PM

Thanks for the answer.

+1 For the Current Menu.

ShootTheCore
01-07-2018, 12:29 AM
The thing is-everything you spend time on has an opportunity cost. Time that TerraOnion spends engineering a second, optional, plain menu is time taken away from engineering something else more progressive. I’m frankly a lot more interested in something more progressive than another menu.

Also, I completely agree that plain menus are boring - these are video games not Windows Explorer.

Recap
01-07-2018, 05:43 AM
Sure thing. These are indeed PC Engine video games, not Amiga 500 demos/trainers.

X68
01-07-2018, 08:37 AM
Is LD-ROM2 functionality even a remote possibility in the future on this device?

RevQuixo
01-07-2018, 08:46 AM
Is LD-ROM2 functionality even a remote possibility in the future on this device?

I joked about this somewhere else...I'm guessing it could control the overlay PC Engine controls, but streaming the video files may be beyond the capability of the system. I'm uncertain of how laserdisc tracks are even stored for emulators like Daphne (MPEG?).

sparksterz
01-07-2018, 10:17 AM
This is ridiculous...never seen so much angst over a menu
https://media.giphy.com/media/l3vRi0EtWE9RrFpDy/giphy.gif

If they allow a new UI in the future great - if they don't it's still a one of a kind device. At least it's not designed like a myspace profile giving you a cursor trail and auto-playing music when it boots...

X68
01-07-2018, 10:17 AM
I joked about this somewhere else...I'm guessing it could control the overlay PC Engine controls, but streaming the video files may be beyond the capability of the system. I'm uncertain of how laserdisc tracks are even stored for emulators like Daphne (MPEG?).

It is an unreasonable request I know... it is pushing the limit of both 'pc engine' and 'game' lol

Rot
01-07-2018, 10:30 AM
This is ridiculous...never seen so much angst over a menu

Reading this thread I have seen... dumbness on a scale that can only be quantified by the new religion of facebook and self-entitlement...

Neosd says one thing... they argue...
Neosd explains why he's done it... they question...
Rot explains stuff to people... they push their luck...
Rot then gets irritated... they cry about it.. cuz they're awesome low posting members who need to be heard...

It reminds me of a twitter feed where people are discussing minute by minute how they spend their day regardless of the fact... that no one gives a shit...

BUT BUT... it's important to me... Lulz...

xROTx

RAZO
01-07-2018, 11:14 AM
Reading this thread I have seen... dumbness on a scale that can only be quantified by the new religion of facebook and self-entitlement...

Neosd says one thing... they argue...
Neosd explains why he's done it... they question...
Rot explains stuff to people... they push their luck...
Rot then gets irritated... they cry about it.. cuz they're awesome low posting members who need to be heard...

It reminds me of a twitter feed where people are discussing minute by minute how they spend their day regardless of the fact... that no one gives a shit...

BUT BUT... it's important to me... Lulz...

xROTx

This is the problem with Social Media Now in Days. Everyone has a Voice and people bitch about the dumbest shit and this is not only with Video Game Related Stuff. They are the mob. This is off topic but I saw some shit on the News a while back about some feminist being against little white girls wearing Moana Costumes because it was disrespectful to the Polynesian Culture. I was like WTF, it's a Disney Character, these little kids don't even know who Polynesian people are.

People complaining about the smallest things. Why is the AV Out not on the side, my shelves aren't deep enough? Are you releasing a more expensive special collectors edition in different colors so I could keep mine on the shelf? Do I have a option to change the Menu? I prefer one that looks like a plain Dos Screen with just white letters.

Recap
01-07-2018, 01:58 PM
Not to mention those complaining about others' complaints... Man, I hear you.

Rot
01-07-2018, 02:06 PM

Complaints? The only real complaining has been done by you... suggesting Neosd would be better served going on another forum due to excessive pain in the arse mod'ding...

Currently there can be no other complaints... as no customers have the product yet...

This sideshow is the start... and I'll DEFINITELY be here for that... so think... in this thread so far... I War room locked 7 people... letting out 5... merging one with a scammer... and not letting one out at all...

You hear that?

neosd
01-07-2018, 02:10 PM
cmon guys, lets move on.

Lets make something worth to come out of this thread ratter than drama ...

RAZO
01-07-2018, 02:40 PM

Hey man, someone has to do it.

Recap
01-07-2018, 02:50 PM
Exactly.

One100bill
01-07-2018, 05:20 PM
Amen to that!

Can’t wait to receive mine and attach it to my gorgeous SuperGrafx!!! Thanks NEOSD!!!

greedostick
01-07-2018, 06:13 PM
I think the menu looks fine too. Here is all I need from a menu.

1. It functions correct.

2. It's in a logical order.

3. I can skip pages by pushing right.

4. This is a bonus. Ability to save favorites.

Syn
01-07-2018, 07:03 PM
I'm probably going to need a 64gb sd card for my needs. I still have a few games to go at 52gb.

Please let's talk about anything else.

RAZO
01-07-2018, 07:10 PM
I'm probably going to need a 64gb sd card for my needs. I still have a few games to go at 52gb.

Please let's talk about anything else.

That's what I got bro. I just finished prepping my card and I only used like 38gbs. I only added the CD games I like and others I think I'm going to play. Left out alot of those Japanese Only text RPG's and stuff like that. The PCE Hu-Card roms don't take up much space. Still leaves me enough room incase I want to add anything else in the future.

I also added every Single Dracula X Variation I've found over the years. I think I have like 6 of them.

Syn
01-07-2018, 07:29 PM
I've got a few games loaded I may not keep.

I'll end up with a favorites folder. As you mentioned, there's a lot of Japanese text heavy games I personally don't need. Complete sets on a sd card is not really impressive.

Tanooki
01-07-2018, 08:06 PM
Hey NeoSD. I don't know in the last 25 pages if this was asked but I'm curious about voltage.

I've got a Core Grafx II system with the stock NEC adapter that runs at 100v while US runs at 120v. Should your device work fine with that, or will I need to get a 120v adapter (Sega Genesis Model 1 would work) for my console?

I'll repeat what others said, glad I held out not buying an everdrive.

sparksterz
01-07-2018, 08:43 PM
Hey NeoSD. I don't know in the last 25 pages if this was asked but I'm curious about voltage.

I've got a Core Grafx II system with the stock NEC adapter that runs at 100v while US runs at 120v. Should your device work fine with that, or will I need to get a 120v adapter (Sega Genesis Model 1 would work) for my console?

That's just the input voltage the power adapter will accept. As long as its output is on spec for a standard adapter, which it would be given that it's a stock adapter - you should be fine. I've run 100v power bricks on my standard US outlets with no problem. Some people prefer to buy a step down adapter or use a 120v rated adapter instead.

Syn
01-07-2018, 09:29 PM

Still handy for the Turbo Express!

pollsoda
01-07-2018, 10:31 PM
Will this work on an RGB-modded/Region-switchable PC Engine (white)?

Or should I go ahead and order a coregrafx/coregrafx 2?

Syn
01-07-2018, 11:15 PM

The rgb mod might throw things off since the SSS3 isn't expecting it.

neodev
01-08-2018, 01:54 AM

I think it should work. Anyways, remember that you must use the SSDS3 audio output, otherwise you'll miss the CDDA and ADPCM sounds from the cd hardware.

Also the region switch is not needed anymore. The SSDS3 will skip the region protection in hucards that have it (US ones), it wil also automatically detect US hucard dumps with swapped data lines (as they are on the rom) and will convert them to normal order to run.

neosd
01-08-2018, 02:25 AM
UPDATE : 08-01-2018

I have called pcbs factory, they said we will have the pcbs soldered this week, so i expect we will start shipping this week.
They were unable to tell me the day they will have the pcbs done (as usual).

I will give you more details as soon as we have those, guys.

sr20det510
01-08-2018, 03:26 AM

I have called pcbs factory, they said we will have the pcbs soldered this week, so i expect we will start shipping this week.

Wow, the end is near, at least for the first batch.
Congrats again.

neosd
01-08-2018, 03:35 AM
Wow, the end is near, at least for the first batch.
Congrats again.

Yes, the plan is to ship about 50 units per week

Those may be more or less, as we still donīt know how many time it will take to process a single unit
program pcb
validate pcb
assemble pcb into shell
assemble box (inside piece and outside)
packing the whole thing
make labels
ship

It will take some time to be up to date with all orders for sure but we are going to respect purchase order, the only ones that are going to have prefference are the ones that ordedred a neosd with the SSDS3, but those are less than 20 i think ...

90s
01-08-2018, 03:43 AM
It will take some time to be up to date with all orders for sure but we are going to respect purchase order, the only ones that are going to have prefference are the ones that ordedred a neosd with the SSDS3, but those are less than 20 i think ...

Thanks! I look forward to my neosd and SSDS3. :)

[OCEAN]
01-08-2018, 05:19 AM

Great news, eager to get my hands on it!

Now to make a list of CD-Rom2 games which I've never tried and are worth playing, so I can get the 64GB card ready for when we get it.

neosd
01-08-2018, 05:32 AM
Another update about pcbs production :

Factory said they have started the soldering work today, we will have pcbs Wednesday or Thursday.

Expect shipment to start by Thursday or Friday, we are going to start preparing the cardboxes tomorrow (we have a big amount of work today)

Thanks

EDIT for the Spanish guys with the email we got today from pcbs factory :

Estamos empezando hoy, por lo que yo creo que entre miércoles y jueves las tenemos que tener listas.

En cuanto empecemos a soldar convencional te aviso, que será mucho más preciso.

Saludos

AlxUnderBase
01-08-2018, 07:40 AM
Sir (Alex / NeoSd team & co.) ... just i wanna thank you for this chance, even i'm one of those twenty guys who ordered both beauties. Have a nice & easy week :)

Friend of Sonic
01-08-2018, 09:32 AM
Great to hear everything is coming along. Apologies if it's been asked but can invoice number be used as a rough estimate as to when to expect the item? I'm in no big rush, but if that's the case I'll set a mental reminder to check in a couple months from now

neosd
01-08-2018, 09:37 AM
Great to hear everything is coming along. Apologies if it's been asked but can invoice number be used as a rough estimate as to when to expect the item? I'm in no big rush, but if that's the case I'll set a mental reminder to check in a couple months from now

Honestly,

Impossible to know.
This is the first time we pack/ship this and we donīt know how many time is going to take at all.

Just be patient, we are the ones interested on getting as many units shipped as possible in the shorter time period possible.

Friend of Sonic
01-08-2018, 09:43 AM
Honestly,

Impossible to know.
This is the first time we pack/ship this and we donīt know how many time is going to take at all.

Just be patient, we are the ones interested on getting as many units shipped as possible in the shorter time period possible.
Definitely patient, just more of a curiosity. Thank you for your hard work last year and heading into this year

neosd
01-08-2018, 10:00 AM
Definitely patient, just more of a curiosity. Thank you for your hard work last year and heading into this year

We are doing our best with the resources we have.
I understand the frustration about units being shipped you being waiting

Thanks for the patience.

Tanooki
01-08-2018, 10:26 AM
That's just the input voltage the power adapter will accept. As long as its output is on spec for a standard adapter, which it would be given that it's a stock adapter - you should be fine. I've run 100v power bricks on my standard US outlets with no problem. Some people prefer to buy a step down adapter or use a 120v rated adapter instead.

I've read that, you get so much contradicting bullshit between people and their opinions on PCE forums or those just asking about that set of systems. Some go off on how a Japanese 100v adapter will maybe cause a fire so they won't use it going with a Genesis Model 1 adapter, and others say about as much but then insist on using it yet keeping it unplugged anytime it's not being used. Then there's the others like yourself that don't go into the drama and say it's just fine and you won't have a problem or use a step down adapter if you're paranoid about it. Internet drama over a power adapter and years of it.

I figured here I'd just ask in relation to the added device as it's a bit larger than just some everdrive and I'm unaware of the power draw is has so I figured ask the source. I'll have a Core Grafx II here in another day or two as it over the weekend got out of NYC customs and is in route.

...and syn you're right about that, or if you have to own it all, a kisado converter to run imports.

Neosd - Congratulations. Finally over the final hurdle there it appears with the boards arriving mid-week. I'll have to transfer funds and put an order in once it's up for sale. I've been following this project closely and I'm impressed with the quality, openness, and improvements all around in this project over your first as you clearly learned a lot from that.

Friend of Sonic
01-08-2018, 10:39 AM
We are doing our best with the resources we have.
I understand the frustration about units being shipped you being waiting

Thanks for the patience.
Zero frustration, at least on this end! I think we're all thankful to have an optical drive emulator for the PCE. We love your work! :)

GohanX
01-08-2018, 10:55 AM
I've read that, you get so much contradicting bullshit between people and their opinions on PCE forums or those just asking about that set of systems. Some go off on how a Japanese 100v adapter will maybe cause a fire so they won't use it going with a Genesis Model 1 adapter, and others say about as much but then insist on using it yet keeping it unplugged anytime it's not being used. Then there's the others like yourself that don't go into the drama and say it's just fine and you won't have a problem or use a step down adapter if you're paranoid about it. Internet drama over a power adapter and years of it.

I figured here I'd just ask in relation to the added device as it's a bit larger than just some everdrive and I'm unaware of the power draw is has so I figured ask the source. I'll have a Core Grafx II here in another day or two as it over the weekend got out of NYC customs and is in route.

I've run Japanese systems off of US outlets for 20 years now, never had a PSU issue. The whole purpose of the AC adapter is to change the voltage to whatever the system needs. At worst, 120 volts will cause slightly more heat in the PSU itself, this isn't a real problem since they are so close. Just don't plug them into European outlets unless the PSU supports it.

Every forum usually has a handful of tech guys. If you'll notice, the people unplugging their PSUs and worrying about fire aren't the tech guys. The only reason to unplug the PSU is to conserve power, as these old AC adapter still use a small amount of electricity even if the device isn't on.

Tanooki
01-08-2018, 12:04 PM
I've run Japanese systems off of US outlets for 20 years now, never had a PSU issue. The whole purpose of the AC adapter is to change the voltage to whatever the system needs. At worst, 120 volts will cause slightly more heat in the PSU itself, this isn't a real problem since they are so close. Just don't plug them into European outlets unless the PSU supports it.

Every forum usually has a handful of tech guys. If you'll notice, the people unplugging their PSUs and worrying about fire aren't the tech guys. The only reason to unplug the PSU is to conserve power, as these old AC adapter still use a small amount of electricity even if the device isn't on.

I had a feeling that it was the right answer seeing the back and forward. I didn't run out to buy a sega genesis adapter or snap one up online either at the time as I didn't think 20volts was going to burn a socket or the house down. You're right though it does seem the ones who get dramatic are not the experts but those who probably heard something from someone or saw 100 vs 120 and got spooked. If the worst is a slight bit of extra heat I'd figure just to keep it in a little bit more ventilated space so it can't accumulate more.

neodev
01-08-2018, 12:08 PM

The PCEngine has a 5V regulator right at the input, so it will convert any input voltage (from 7V to 20V) to 5V, although the higher the input voltage, the hotter it gets. I've successfully run PCEngines at 12V, but I don't recommend it :).

If your PSU is a magnetic transformer, plugging a 100V into a 120V outlet will cause a 20% output increase, so instead of 9V it will output 10.8V that is higher, but still in range I think.
If the PSU is switching type, it will just become a bit hotter, but will output 9V as if plugged into a 100V outlet (and it will probably state that it supports 100-120V in the label)

haightc
01-08-2018, 01:06 PM
Do you plan to open this up to third party development at some point? I know with the discussion of open vs closed source can be a heated one. I am just asking if is something you were considering for user to expand upon. I know a few other users asked if LaserActive would be possible, but from I have been able to gleam based on on a software and hardware details it is not. For those of us who had laserdiscs will recall laserdisc store primary video and audio in analog tracks. Digital Audio would be added later and this would become the default cinematic audio track. I had a laserdisc player that didn't have digital audio option and I remember being disappointed when renting Mission Impossible II and only being able to hear the director's commentary. In the case with the LA the gamepack data is stored in this digital audio track area. So the data has to be loaded into RAM, while playing back laserdisc video and audio. QTE games require vary tight timing especially in this parallel type of system. It doesn't appear that they would be enough room/speed to accommodate a MPEG decoder and maintain bus timings. There are a couple LD-rom titles, I think a few of this also would be playing back CD audio in addition to the analog audio tracks. I would personally pay $500 more for this feature but implementation would be challenging. This might be something someone in the community might want to take up and may require some additional add-on.

Rot
01-08-2018, 01:09 PM
Do you plan to open this up to third party development at some point? I know with the discussion of open vs closed source can be a heated one. I am just asking if is something you were considering for user to expand upon. I know a few other users asked if LaserActive would be possible, but from I have been able to gleam based on on a software and hardware details it is not. For those of us who had laserdiscs will recall laserdisc store primary video and audio in analog tracks. Digital Audio would be added later and this would become the default cinematic audio track. I had a laserdisc player that didn't have digital audio option and I remember being disappointed when renting Mission Impossible II and only being able to hear the director's commentary. In the case with the LA the gamepack data is stored in this digital audio track area. So the data has to be loaded into RAM, while playing back laserdisc video and audio. QTE games require vary tight timing especially in this parallel type of system. It doesn't appear that they would be enough room/speed to accommodate a MPEG decoder and maintain bus timings. There are a couple LD-rom titles, I think a few of this also would be playing back CD audio in addition to the analog audio tracks. I would personally pay $500 more for this feature but implementation would be challenging. This might be something someone in the community might want to take up and may require some additional add-on.

Have you ever considered paragraphs and punctuation?

There's a reason why these sorta posts are ignored... they're hard to read and well.. boring...

PS. Then again... you are in the USA... and I expect nothing less from you rednecks who happen to have access to the internet...

neodev
01-08-2018, 03:44 PM

It's currently not possible, mainly because even if the FPGA or MCU could decode MPEG video, they don't have access to the RGB signals to output it to the RGB connector and less to mix it with the image produced by the PCE.

neosd
01-10-2018, 01:13 PM
UPDATE : 10-01-2018

Hello Everyone,

We got the first lot of pcbs from factory today, next week we will get even more.

So, those are the final pcbs factory soldered

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/final_pcbs_from_factory.jpeg

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/final_pcbs_from_factory_1.jpeg

We were able to program 32 units today (program, validate, assemble into the shells (this picture was talken while we were doing the shells assembly)

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Super_SD_System_3_ready_to_ship.jpeg

So, the good news are :

Pcbs look pretty aswesome.
We tried 32 and 0 errors.
We are ready to ship

There are two small things pending to arrive:

a) double side adhesive tape to glue the boxes.
b) brown cardbox to protect the Super SD System 3 cardbox.

Both things are going to be delivered tomorrow.

So : i think we may be able to ship some units tomorrow, worst scenario friday.

I am happy to anounce :

WE START SHIPPING TOMORROW (i hope) or FRIDAY.

Again i am going to ask for one thing :

Donīt email asking when your order is going to ship, we donīt know and we are not going to answer those cause we have a lot of work to deliver and ratter we spend our time delivering ratter than answering when are we going to deliver.

AND : PATIENCE.

I think it will take us about 3 weeks to be up to date with current orders, but we are selling a good number of units, so everyone i going to have patience .

I hope you guys understand that, we are doing our best to get as many units as possible shipped.

BTW we are super excited to see your coments about our work, guys.

torgo100
01-10-2018, 01:24 PM
I think that I might cry...

thanks for the update!

Razoola
01-10-2018, 01:26 PM
Congrats neosd. Quick question, the way the PCB's come remind be of how model aeroplane kits have their parts packed. Is it easy to pop the PCB's away from that or do you need to use a sharp tool to free them?

neosd
01-10-2018, 01:31 PM
Congrats neosd. Quick question, the way the PCB's come remind be of how model aeroplane kits have their parts packed. Is it easy to pop the PCB's away from that or do you need to use a sharp tool to free them?

Its really easy, those just break when putting little force over there BUT when you have removed the pcbs from 20 panels or more, your fingers start getting damaged.
The corners tend to damage your fingers cause you have to apply preasure on the corners in order to remove the pcbs from the panels.

BTW, you can see the empty panels on this picute (top right corner)

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/panels.jpeg

X68
01-10-2018, 01:33 PM
yum, looks delicious =]

MobiusStripTech
01-10-2018, 01:58 PM
Looks great! Very excited, especially since I am pretty sure I had a really early order. Can I have one of the panels as a bonus to hang in my office? Why, I have no idea just because. Thanks for creating this!

torgo100
01-10-2018, 01:59 PM
Looks great! Very excited, especially since I am pretty sure I had a really early order. Can I have one of the panels as a bonus to hang in my office? Why, I have no idea just because. Thanks for creating this!

I kinda want one of those as well lol

mistahsnart
01-10-2018, 02:53 PM
Now this is how you successfully build excitement and launch a product. Looking awesome!

legolas119
01-10-2018, 03:06 PM
oh great! And some hours ago arrived my black Pc Engine Coregrafx!! Now I only have to order the microSD and I'm ready! I have just 2 question:

1) Do you think that a microSD like this one is OK? Is it enough or it could be better a 32 GB? https://www.amazon.it/dp/B073K14CVB/ref=asc_df_B073K14CVB49238311/?tag=googshopit-21&creative=23390&creativeASIN=B073K14CVB&linkCode=df0&hvdev=c&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=

2) As soon as I will have the microSD, what can I do to prepare it for the Super SD System 3? Is it necessary to format it for example?

thanks

neosd
01-10-2018, 03:17 PM
oh great! And some hours ago arrived my black Pc Engine Coregrafx!! Now I only have to order the microSD and I'm ready! I have just 2 question:

1) Do you think that a microSD like this one is OK? Is it enough or it could be better a 32 GB? https://www.amazon.it/dp/B073K14CVB/ref=asc_df_B073K14CVB49238311/?tag=googshopit-21&creative=23390&creativeASIN=B073K14CVB&linkCode=df0&hvdev=c&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=

2) As soon as I will have the microSD, what can I do to prepare it for the Super SD System 3? Is it necessary to format it for example?

thanks

First page, seccond post.

Manual

Sorry, i am totally tired for something else

Can I have one of the panels as a bonus to hang in my office? Why, I have no idea just because. Thanks for creating this!

I would say yes but then i double thought about that and i see some issues : Those panels are strong and larger than the actual packet, it may end damaging the packet at all.

Better not to ship those and bring them to the trash

Rot
01-10-2018, 03:21 PM

Manual

You relax Alex man...

I'll keep my eye on this... I was intending to see if people had learnt from the previous 39 pages... obviously some of them haven't...

SO... until I'm relieved as General Neosd mod guy... I think it gets modded my way...

xROTx

legolas119
01-10-2018, 03:58 PM

Manual

Sorry, I didn't notice it...thank you..
I will prepare the SD card with BIOS folder too. I have a japanese Core Grafx: I have downloaded both the Super CD-ROM System (Japan) (v3.0) bios pack and TurboGrafx CD Super System Card (USA) (v3.0) bios pack: do you know if both the bios are needed or if it is necessary only the japanese bios (because I have a japanese console).

thanks

fenikso
01-10-2018, 04:24 PM
Sorry, I didn't notice it...thank you..
I will prepare the SD card with BIOS folder too. I have a japanese Core Grafx: I have downloaded both the Super CD-ROM System (Japan) (v3.0) bios pack and TurboGrafx CD Super System Card (USA) (v3.0) bios pack: do you know if both the bios are needed or if it is necessary only the japanese bios (because I have a japanese console).

thanks

Since CD-ROM games are region free, I'll guess it doesn't really matter. They can't possibly take up much room on you SD card anyway, so why not just throw both on there?

legolas119
01-10-2018, 04:33 PM
Since CD-ROM games are region free, I'll guess it doesn't really matter. They can't possibly take up much room on you SD card anyway, so why not just throw both on there?

sure, no problem. I only found these 2 bios for pc engine, I suppose that it isn't necessary anything else, am I right?
thanks

fenikso
01-10-2018, 04:57 PM
You only need the CD-ROM bios. Your PCE and the SSDS3 handle the rest.

RAZO
01-10-2018, 06:47 PM
This is great News. Thanks for the update. Love the pics.

Tanooki
01-10-2018, 07:05 PM
That's a really high class quality piece of kit you have there with those boards. I'm glad you're batting a 1.000 there with no defects of the few you've gone through so far as it looks to be you got a clean run of the boards.

Thanks also for being open about requiring and requesting patience and that you have a good 3 weeks of delay currently to get through the orders in and coming in to try and get caught up. I was about to ask how far out things were looking and I think I'll place that order sometime later this month as my core grafx is hungry for it.

This little project of yours encouraged me to get back into a system I haven't enjoyed in a very long time and now it will be possible once again. Thanks.

monads
01-10-2018, 09:20 PM
Now this is how you successfully build excitement and launch a product. Looking awesome!

Amen to that!!! Raising the bar to a higher standard!!! Thanks for the frequent updates/status!

neodev
01-11-2018, 02:40 AM
sure, no problem. I only found these 2 bios for pc engine, I suppose that it isn't necessary anything else, am I right?
thanks

The 3.0 super cdrom bios is the most compatible one, it supports all games and arcade card games, except for a version of altered beast, that only works with bios 1.00, but there is a newer version that works. Also, both US and JP work fine for all games, the only difference is the backup ram manager language that appears when you press SELECT in the "PRESS RUN..." screen

If you want to play the Games Express games, you'll need the Games Express bios too. They are just 4 or 5 games. If you try to load a game and the bios screen says "LOAD ERROR", check that the game is not one of those, as they will show that message when tried to load with a standard bios.

neosd
01-11-2018, 06:14 AM
;)

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/SSDS3_1.jpeg

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/SSDS3_2.jpeg