PDA

View Full Version : PCE Super SD System 3 - Terraonion New Product (Dec 2017)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

powerflower
12-14-2017, 01:45 PM
It's fascinating how all of a sudden so many noobs appear and demand things they shouldn't because clearly these b*tches do NOT appreciate what is given to us. Wonder how many original copies these guys have on this system...

Oh, I'm a noob here too with the difference in having a sweet PCE collection :)

greedostick
12-14-2017, 02:22 PM
Yohanov (http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/member.php?61915-Yohanov)... War Room Locked...

...Surplus to requirements for the forseeable future...

Legolas... move your crappy 6 button talk to General Tech...

Last warning...

xROTx

I made a Super System 3 tech support thread for this stuff days ago. Its in tech support.

Rot
12-14-2017, 02:29 PM
I made a Super System 3 tech support thread for this stuff days ago. Its in tech support.

I SAW it...

...legolas is single minded and dumb...

He's lucky... so lucky...

xROTx

legolas119
12-14-2017, 02:35 PM
Every PCE pad will work with the Coregrafx. Turbografx pads will not because the plug is different unless you get an adapter or change the cable.

I don't have a RX pad so I can't compare, but the Ave 6 pad is decent for Street Fighter and kinda useless for anything else. Because of the button layout traditional 2 button games don't really feel right. I would only get an Ave 6 specifically if you are going to use it for SF2 (which is an excellent port.)

On the other hand, the Ave 3 is pretty great and useful in tons of games that use either select or run as an action button.

Understood. so it is better to buy both joypad in order to play different type of games, right?

Rot
12-14-2017, 02:38 PM
Understood. so it is better to buy both joypad in order to play different type of games, right?

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?273334-PC-Engine-Super-System3-RGB-Tech-Support

I'm gonna speak to GohanX... He's not stop replying to you in this thread...

How man FOOKIN' chances do you want?

ALL the regulars know when to STFU...

GohanX
12-14-2017, 02:41 PM
*edited by Rot*

FUCK YOU LEGOLAS!

DUMB COONT!

*edited by GohanX*

How vulgar.

PS. I agree with the sentiment tho.

powerflower
12-15-2017, 08:13 AM
Hello NeoSD.

I have a question regarding the Arcade Card. I know it is a 2.3MByte ram expansion. But, is this just a substitute for HuCard roms like it's behaving like a Card/Cache so that the PCE can load stuff into its own Ram/VRam from that 2.3 MByte or is it truely a Work/VRam expansion?

Oh and is it really true that Neo can only shrink spriites and uses "backwards action" to zoom in? Because there are several instances where we have pixalation when "zoomed in". ASOII intro + ship zooming into playfield. Same with a soccer game and Twinkle Star Sprites. Did they even go so far to make a sprite pixelated in its "biggest" bitmap so that it looks like Sega Superscaler?

Another question:
Iv'e heard the PCE can stream data from rom "as fast" as the Neo. As we all know the Neo 68000 has no access to Rom. Everthing ist directly streamed by the "GPU" in realtime to the screen. So the 64KByte VRam is only for the tiled and fixed background layer which is used for the HUDs. Am I right?

How does the Engine behave when accessing rom?

Thanks in advance :) Rot, hope this isn't OT? If so please delete.

-Black Fly

neosd
12-15-2017, 09:46 AM
Hello NeoSD.

I have a question regarding the Arcade Card. I know it is a 2.3MByte ram expansion. But, is this just a substitute for HuCard roms like it's behaving like a Card/Cache so that the PCE can load stuff into its own Ram/VRam from that 2.3 MByte or is it truely a Work/VRam expansion?

Oh and is it really true that Neo can only shrink spriites and uses "backwards action" to zoom in? Because there are several instances where we have pixalation when "zoomed in". ASOII intro + ship zooming into playfield. Same with a soccer game and Twinkle Star Sprites. Did they even go so far to make a sprite pixelated in its "biggest" bitmap so that it looks like Sega Superscaler?

Another question:
Iv'e heard the PCE can stream data from rom "as fast" as the Neo. As we all know the Neo 68000 has no access to Rom. Everthing ist directly streamed by the "GPU" in realtime to the screen. So the 64KByte VRam is only for the tiled and fixed background layer which is used for the HUDs. Am I right?

-Black Fly

I will let neodev answers you, prolly it will take some time cause he is out today ...

Thanks

legolas119
12-15-2017, 10:55 AM
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?273334-PC-Engine-Super-System3-RGB-Tech-Support

I'm gonna speak to GohanX... He's not stop replying to you in this thread...

How man FOOKIN' chances do you want?

ALL the regulars know when to STFU...

Sorry! I didn't see the tech topic!!!! if I would have know i wouldn't have posted here!

Rot
12-15-2017, 11:51 AM
Yohanov has been freed from the War room...

xROTx

PS. We talked... it's easier in real time:p

powerflower
12-15-2017, 11:52 AM
I will let neodev answers you, prolly it will take some time cause he is out today ...

Thanks

Cool! I know it's a little bit indepth. Gracias

Rot
12-15-2017, 11:57 AM
Sorry! I didn't see the tech topic!!!! if I would have know i wouldn't have posted here!

The question you have been asking for DAYS has NOTHING to do with the device... it's a technical question about what joystick is best.... that is why i was annoyed....

...and this is why I let Black Fly's question go... it is device specific....

Cool! I know it's a little bit indepth. Thx

It's fine... Neosd and neodev are good at answering relevant questions...

xROTx

powerflower
12-15-2017, 12:06 PM
That's the picture i got lurking here. Cool guys I think and their products speak for themselves. Nice to see that cute Engine getting some major love :) It's like a little Neo Geo, give it much rom and ram and there you have Sapphire.

@legolas

I followed your Joystick stuff and even posted the one and only solution the XE-1 PRO HE. This should be the answer to all of your questions ;) ... but deleted post due to...

And yes it's not 100% topic but extremely related to the system. I'm a tech freak and these guys must know something about that Engine.

Jeebus, editing the shit outta my posts because Englisch not my Muttersprache...

neodev
12-15-2017, 01:31 PM
Hello NeoSD.

Another question:

-Black Fly

The arcade card includes the normal 192KB expansion of the super cd cards, and the 2MB arcade card expansion. The 2MB expansion is not a truly random access memory, as it's accessed sequentially, so it's easy to stream data in/out of it consecutively.

I's true that the neogeo can't zoom sprites, just shrink by skipping lines or columns, based on a hardcoded pattern.

About the speed, I'm not sure about the question, but I think the pce can outperform or at least match the 68k program rom access speed, as even if ithas a slower clock, it just takes 1 clock cycle to perform the access, but the 68k needs several cycles although it reads 16bits at once, so it's hard to say.

The pc engine graphics are all drawn from vram (bgs, sprites...). It's comparabld to a megadrive/genesis.

powerflower
12-15-2017, 02:20 PM
First of all thanks alot. I think this clarifies some.

So the SCD section works as CardRom but the sequentially accessed 2MB does not compute with me right now. Thought it could act like the Neo for animations on the fly like Fatal Fury and stuff?

@NeoGeo
Ha, so they faked in some instances pixelation on the Neo, nice.

Regarding PCE access speed...just heard it would be much better in animation than Mega Drive given the right amount of Rom. Again thanks. Such info is rare.

Late
12-15-2017, 03:40 PM
Minor grammatical thing..may not be worth fixing. “The ultimate add-on to get the best of your PC Engine” might be better as “The ultimate add-on to get the best from your PC Engine.”

As I said..pretty minor.

Personally I'd go with "to get the most out of your PC Engine"

Syn
12-15-2017, 04:50 PM
If you guys cause a delay over verbage on the box, I'm going to kick you in the nuts. :keke:

Kid Panda
12-15-2017, 05:02 PM
If you guys cause a delay over verbage on the box, I'm going to kick you in the nuts. :keke:

So, why would even anyone care for the text on the box? SNK has bad grammar on like half of their AES releases :lolz:

RAZO
12-15-2017, 06:39 PM
So, why would even anyone care for the text on the box? SNK has bad grammar on like half of their AES releases :lolz:

This. Fuck this grammar shit and just let me get my gaming on.

RevQuixo
12-15-2017, 07:57 PM
Personally I'd go with "to get the most out of your PC Engine"

Listen, Finland, don't you go telling me how to speak 'murican.

Syntax_x
12-15-2017, 08:44 PM
Been reading up on this fine product this morning but couldn't find out if any magic had been cast over the THS7374 circuit to fix the PCEs jailbars issue.
Not a problem for me if we still have to open them up and fit a few caps, just checking before I open one up.
http://etim.net.au/av-driver/pcebars/

RAZO
12-15-2017, 08:59 PM
Is every noob going to nitpick on every possible thing you could think of. If it's not a problem for you than why mention it.

I have to stay out of this thread before I get in trouble.

Syntax_x
12-15-2017, 10:05 PM
I mention it because I don't know how the expansion port works on these consoles and if the onion boys did something to sort out a naturally occurring problem then it's a +1 in my books.
I'd been fence sitting most of the year about doing an RGB bypass and getting an everdrive but with this as an option now, well, I've got a semi... :D

powerflower
12-15-2017, 10:54 PM
Never heard of this problem. Mine outputs via Ext. and some caps, transistors and resistors a perfect SCART-RGB (sync via Video) picture. Its the old white one+CD-Rom.

So the MD2 RGB solution will definitely work fine for me. So should for all other Euros and Aussies?

If you can solder then you shouldn't worry or try learning it, not rocket science.

And info is out there+I'm sure the guys will help you out.

Otherwise this product is not for you, greets.

RAZO
12-16-2017, 12:16 AM
I mention it because I don't know how the expansion port works on these consoles and if the onion boys did something to sort out a naturally occurring problem then it's a +1 in my books.
I'd been fence sitting most of the year about doing an RGB bypass and getting an everdrive but with this as an option now, well, I've got a semi... :D

Don't Think, Just do. You Nerds over think everything. Jail Bars, big deal, lower the brightness on your monitor and they are hardly noticeable. I've played with Jail Bars for years and you really only notice them when you see the blacks. This device is saving you have to rgb mod your console. You want to go ahead and RGB mod your console and Jail Bar fix your shit than go ahead. I played in shitty rf and composite cables for over a decade, subjecting my eyes to that blurry mess on the screen. I would have killed for some RGB with slight Jail Bars growing up. That shit would have changed my life. You need to fuck off. I like most Aussies but you are on my shit list.

i've had a few drinks so I am a little edgy.

turdkind
12-16-2017, 12:39 AM
Don't Think, Just do. You Nerds over think everything. Jail Bars, big deal, lower the brightness on your monitor and they are hardly noticeable. I've played with Jail Bars for years and you really only notice them when you see the blacks. This device is saving you have to rgb mod your console. You want to go ahead and RGB mod your console and Jail Bar fix your shit than go ahead. I played in shitty rf and composite cables for over a decade, subjecting my eyes to that blurry mess on the screen. I would have killed for some RGB with slight Jail Bars growing up. That shit would have changed my life. You need to fuck off. I like most Aussies but you are on my shit list.

i've had a few drinks so I am a little edgy.

Nobody cares what you found acceptable as a kid.

This is a premium product with a premium price, so it's not out of bounds to expect premium performance. Thankfully, we have smart (and probably nerdy) folks like neosd and neodev capable of THINKING and not just DOING, which is why we have this awesome piece of kit in the first place. If they can set proper expectations by addressing a reasonable question about a common occurrence with RGB output on older consoles, let them.

Would you rather nobody asked and it turned into an issue after it ships? You want angry nerds converging on the forum screeching about jail bars because nobody mentioned it beforehand?

RAZO
12-16-2017, 12:48 AM

This is a premium product with a premium price, so it's not out of bounds to expect premium performance. Thankfully, we have smart (and probably nerdy) folks like neosd and neodev capable of THINKING and not just DOING, which is why we have this awesome piece of kit in the first place. If they can set proper expectations by addressing a reasonable question about a common occurrence with RGB output on older consoles, let them.

Would you rather nobody asked and it turned into an issue after it ships? You want angry nerds converging on the forum screeching about jail bars because nobody mentioned it beforehand?

Premium Price? You think $250 Euros for a Device that could run every PCE CD Game and offer RGB is Premium Price. That shit is a bargain. You stayed away from these forums for years and decide to pop up with your Nerdism. Go Fuck yourself you spoiled fuck. Go take your fucking complaints to AtariAge. Faggit.

Guy Pops up when all these devices like the NeoSd and Super Sd System are released. MIA from 2015 to 2017.

Yodd
12-16-2017, 12:54 AM
:keke:

turdkind
12-16-2017, 12:55 AM
Premium Price? You think $250 Euros for a Device that could run every PCE CD Game and offer RGB is Premium Price. That shit is a bargain. You stayed away from these forums for years and decide to pop up with your Nerdism. Go Fuck yourself you spoiled fuck. Go take your fucking complaints to AtariAge. Faggit.

I don't remember you from when I was a regular and your opinion means fuckall.

P.S. - "$250 Euros" makes no sense and you misspelled "faggot". Could be the booze, but I'm guessing it's just because you're a moron.

gum_drops
12-16-2017, 12:57 AM
Both of you fagits are wrong. the correct ng.com spelling of the word is fagit.

RAZO
12-16-2017, 01:04 AM
I don't remember you from when I was a regular and your opinion means fuckall.

P.S. - "$250 Euros" makes no sense and you misspelled "faggot". Could be the booze, but I'm guessing it's just because you're a moron.

We Spell it Differently here @ NG.com. You would have known this if you were part of the community and not just pop in like a regular when your interested in something this forum has to offer. The Year you came in means shit to me. I have way more respect for younger members here who never stopped contributing than some Fagit (Sorry Gumz, I add the extra G brother) like you who pops in when a someone releases a popular device on this forum. Be Gone Dude. No one noticed you were gone and we will go on when you decide to disappear again for two years. You are nothing here and not considered NG family. Again, Fuck off.

turdkind
12-16-2017, 01:11 AM
Guy Pops up when all these devices like the NeoSd and Super Sd System are released. MIA from 2015 to 2017.

Nice edit. I came back before neosd announced the Super SD because I decided to get back into the hobby. Lucky timing for me, that's all. Maybe I had other things going on in my life during the last 2 years that took priority over gaming.

Are you drunk and alone by choice or is that just how life turned out for you?

RAZO
12-16-2017, 01:20 AM
Don't ever quote me again. Your not on the same level as me.

turdkind
12-16-2017, 01:36 AM
Don't ever quote me again. Your not on the same level as me.

What level is that? About .08 by now, I reckon.

RAZO
12-16-2017, 01:46 AM
Give me Your Phone Number or E-mail so I could contact you when Terra Onion releases their next product. You could come around and Nerd up the forum with your annoying questions and sell your shit that you no longer want.

I told you not to quote me.

MobiusStripTech
12-16-2017, 02:03 AM
PC Engine jailbars can't be fixed externally. The issue is on the power side of the HuC6260. You have to open the console.

Also can't wait to see the finished cases. This is going to make for an awesome start to the new year.

turdkind
12-16-2017, 02:16 AM
Give me Your Phone Number or E-mail

I know you're lonely and all, but come on. I can do better.

RAZO
12-16-2017, 02:23 AM
I'm going to stop this shit out of Respect for the Terra Onion Group and Rot since I know they are monitoring this thread but you will here from me again 3rdFag.

Rot
12-16-2017, 02:40 AM
Morning...

xROTx

lachlan
12-16-2017, 02:44 AM
What the fuck...

GadgetUK
12-16-2017, 02:46 AM
Regards jailbars - you will get them if you haven't modded your console, and no uber quality RGB cable or whatever will fix that. You would need to do the bypass cap mod to the PCE to fix it. I notice it more on my TG16 than the PCE if I am honest. But the Super SD System 3 has no influence on that issue at all - purely lack of the correct bypass caps on the Hu6260.

EDIT: What I am trying to say here is if you have jailbars, its not the Super SD System 3, and no expansion or RGB mod or cable mod can fix that particular issue. It's a mod you would have to do to your PCE. It's starting to feel like people are expecting the Super SD System 3 to solve all their problems in life, part the seas, walk on water etc =D True, it can walk on water, but it cannot magically fix an incorrectly sized capacitor next to the Hu6260 chip :o)

Rot
12-16-2017, 02:54 AM
What the fuck...

You know... it's normal NG.com stuff....

Timezones apart.... I sometimes wake up and see all sorts of weird stuff...

For example... there's the thread in Tech about pce tech stuff: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?273334-PC-Engine-Super-System3-RGB-Tech-Support&goto=newpost

But most n00bs want to use this thread because it seems easier...

I would prefer that thread in tech to be used if the questions are not device specific...

xROTx

PS. As for the minor kafuffle... it's NG.com... nothing I aint seen before... or will again...

RAZO
12-16-2017, 02:58 AM
EDIT: What I am trying to say here is if you have jailbars, its not the Super SD System 3, and no expansion or RGB mod or cable mod can fix that particular issue. It's a mod you would have to do to your PCE. It's starting to feel like people are expecting the Super SD System 3 to solve all their problems in life, part the seas, walk on water etc =D True, it can walk on water, but it cannot magically fix an incorrectly sized capacitor next to the Hu6260 chip :o)

I hope 3rdFag reads this. He and many others are expecting this to be a perfect product at a "PREMIUM PRICE".

*Sorry Rot, but this fucker pissed me off.*

neodev
12-16-2017, 02:59 AM
Regards jailbars - you will get them if you haven't modded your console, and no uber quality RGB cable or whatever will fix that. You would need to do the bypass cap mod to the PCE to fix it. I notice it more on my TG16 than the PCE if I am honest. But the Super SD System 3 has no influence on that issue at all - purely lack of the correct bypass caps on the Hu6260.

Yes, the jailbars are a problem in the internal hardware of the pce so there is little that can be done externally.

There is theoretically a way to fix it, by tapping the color bus and dot clock in the exp bus, capturing palette writes and regenerating a rgb signal from the digital data that is noise free. I guess this is what the dvi device uses, but they seem to have some issues (probably due to the varying dot clock and resolutions the pce uses). Also that would mean a more powerful and expensive fpga, video DACs and other non trivial stuff ( compensating the signal delays, etc...), bigger pcb to accomodate the extra needed hw... So as I said, it's theoretically doable, but really hard.

Syntax_x
12-16-2017, 03:02 AM
Well I'm glad I've brought this up.
This way no one can blame the ssds3 for substandard RGB output, it's always going to be a hu6260 issue.
Piss easy fix.
I never really expected the ssds3 to fix the jailbars but didn't want to rule out the possibility, after all this is ground breaking tech here, a first for pce sd iso loading right?
Pretty stoked I no longer have to buy a duo, the money saved will go directly to my ssds3 purchase.

turdkind
12-16-2017, 03:08 AM

Yes, the jailbars are a problem in the internal hardware of the pce so there is little that can be done externally.

There is theoretically a way to fix it, by tapping the color bus and dot clock in the exp bus, capturing palette writes and regenerating a rgb signal from the digital data that is noise free. I guess this is what the dvi device uses, but they seem to have some issues (probably due to the varying dot clock and resolutions the pce uses). Also that would mean a more powerful and expensive fpga, video DACs and other non trivial stuff ( compensating the signal delays, etc...), bigger pcb to accomodate the extra needed hw... So as I said, it's theoretically doable, but really hard.

Thanks guys. Reasonable answers to a reasonable question.

RAZO: Sober up, dickbrain.

GadgetUK
12-16-2017, 03:08 AM

Hehe, yes - I did think about taking the VD bus output (like that other product you mentioned there), but wasn't about to suggest you go away and do a revision with a larger FPGA =D The RGB looks fantastic, and the reality is the single capacitor mod to the Hu6260 is super easy to do if anyone is loosing sleep over the very minor jail bars that some PCE models can show.

Rot
12-16-2017, 03:17 AM
Thanks guys. Reasonable answers to a reasonable question.

They were...

RAZO: Sober up, dickbrain.

Take it to the War room...

I would oblige you... but TBH... I'm at work... it's cold and I have lots of other shit to do..

xROTx

neosd
12-16-2017, 03:47 AM

About the price, i will give our point of view from developer/manufacturer side :

This an sale in Europe

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Captura-de-pantalla-2017-12-16-a-las-10.34.28.png

Customer pays 254,52 euros for a Super SD System 3

We get 210,35 euros for this sale, the rest is VAT

Then we have to pay shipment that is 12,85 euros actually (before vat), that means that the final amount we get from this sale is 197,5 euros

Outside of europe the story is different, we get 254,52 and we have to pay 12,85 euros to ship it.
This give us 241,67

Asuming we will sell 50% in europe and 50% outside of europe, this would give us a final amount of 219,585 for each Supe SD System 3

Ok, so from there we have to pay chips, mould, manufacturing, pcbs, cardbox, cardbox setup and an infinite list of things.

On this project it worked a lot of people, not just neodev and myself but A LOT of people.

Sum the hours we are putting and the rest of the people that worked there.
Lets say we sell 1.000 units, this is 219.000 euros. The salary of someone like neodev is about 55.000 euros per year here in spain, plus company fees that has to pay to the gov, this is about 72.000 euros what a engeneer like neodev would cost to a company.

Sum that to the company fees we have to pay and the real cost of production of each Super SD Sytem 3.

With the price tag we had setup for Super SD Sytem 3, if we just sell 1.000 units, we are fucked, we loose money.

We need to sell much more than neosd did with this price set and this is our goal. Sales on Super SD System 3 will set the next products price tags.

I already had this discussion on Spanish forums.

We are not nintendo selling 3 million units of the NES mini, if we would sell that, we would be happy just getting 1 euro on each sale. But we are not Nintendo neither our product is for the NES.

Anyways, remember that everyone that bought NEOSD made Super SD System 3 a reallity, and everyone buying Super SD System 3 is making our next products a reallity.

You guys with your purchases have the power to deliver to the market some incredible pieces of hardware.

We have the ability to deliver those with your purchases.

Our goal on the sales side is to sell as many units as possible to sell at lower price so our products will arrive to a bigger userbase. This wasnīt possible with Neo Geo cause the risk was far too high. We are taking the risk now with Pc Engine, a minoritarie console compared with something like the nes or the SNES. We will see how good or how bad it goes .... We talk next year ...

Thanks

turdkind
12-16-2017, 03:55 AM
About the price, i will give our point of view from developer/manufacturer side :

This an sale in Europe

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Captura-de-pantalla-2017-12-16-a-las-10.34.28.png

Customer pays 254,52 euros for a Super SD System 3
We get 210,35 euros for this sale, the rest is VAT
Then we have to pay shipment that is 12,85 euros actually (before vat), that means that the final amount we get from this sale is 197,5 euros

Outside of europe the story is different, we get 254,52 and we have to pay 12,85 euros to ship it.
This give us 241,67

Asuming we will sell 50% in europe and 50% outside of europe, this would give us a final amount of 219,585 for each Supe SD System 3

Ok, so from there we have to pay chips, mould, manufacturing, pcbs, cardbox, cardbox setup and an infinite list of things.

On this project it worked a lot of people, not just neodev and myself but A LOT of people.

Sum the ours we are putting and the rest of the people that worked there.
Lets say we sell 1.000 units, this is 219.000 euros. The salary of someone like neodev is about 55.000 euros per year here in spain, plus company fees that has to pay to the gov, this is about 72.000 euros what a engeneer like neodev would cost to a company.

Sum that to the company fees we have to pay and the real cost of production of each Super SD Sytem 3.

With the price tag we had setup for Super SD Sytem 3, if we just sell 1.000 units, we are fucked, we loose money.

We need to sell much more than neosd did with this price set and this is our goal. Sales on Super SD System 3 will set the next products price tags.

I already had this discussion on Spanish forums.

We are not nintendo selling 3 million units of the NES mini, if we would sell that, we would be happy just getting 1 euro on each sale. But we are not Nintendo neither our product is for the NES.

Anyways, remember that everyone that bought NEOSD made Super SD System 3 a reallity, and everyone buying Super SD System 3 is making our next products a reallity.

You guys with your purchases have the power to deliver to the market some incredible pieces of hardware.

We have the ability to deliver those with your purchases.

Thanks

Thanks for the info. I never criticized the price. I think it's totally reasonable for what we get. I don't think it's unreasonable to call it a premium product (I certainly think it is, and I bet you do also) at a premium price (most people outside this hobby would probably agree that paying $300 USD to play games on a decades-old console most of them never heard of is a price premium...which I say again is totally reasonable for hobbyists).

To be clear, I gladly gave you my money and probably would have given you more ;)

neosd
12-16-2017, 03:59 AM
Thanks for the info. I never criticized the price. I think it's totally reasonable for what we get. I don't think it's unreasonable to call it a premium product (I certainly think it is, and I bet you do also) at a premium price (most people outside this hobby would probably agree that paying $300 USD to play games on a decades-old console most of them never heard of is a price premium...which I say again is totally reasonable for hobbyists).

To be clear, I gladly gave you my money and probably would have given you more ;)

We apreciate your purchase.

I think i already told this before, but we were not sure about make this product or not.
We were scared about the comercial performance cause i myself didnīt even had a pcengine before we started the project so we asumed the userbase was really small.

The main reason we started this project is cause this whole product idea was so great that to not deliver it would be a real shame.

One thing i have learnt from the past while working with the current team is : we are not going to do anything we donīt like for ourselves or is it great to acomplish.

Alex,

greatfunky
12-16-2017, 04:16 AM
For people who hesitate about rgb cable :

I received my rgb cable from an ebay seller, i was expecting a passive cable without capacitors and resistors but it is equipped.

It appears to be exactly the same as neosd got from amazon , i carefuly watched the very good Gadget's review video and i'm almost sure he is also using the same cable .

So it seems those generic md2 rgb cables are widely distributed and established to working fine on PCE Super SD System 3 with a good picture , so that shouldn't be an issue to find this one for anyone who hasn't an original sega cable .

neosd cable :47878

My cable:47879

RAZO
12-16-2017, 09:42 AM

In all Seriousness, what's 250 Euros in today's retro gaming market? I think your a little out of touch and that might be because you were away for two years (Not Trolling). A rgb modded Duo/R runs for $350+ and RX even more. Yes, most people outside this hobby would agree that spending $300 is alot but most people outside this hobby probably don't even know what a PC Engine is. They might even think that the PC Engine and the Turbografx are two completely different consoles. Most people outside this hobby would think that spending more than $60 on a Video Game is too much. People in this hobby know that this is a Bargain, who the hell cares about people outside of the hobby. C'Mon Dude. Just My Rgb Modded RX and Original Rondo puts me in the $600 range.

Rot
12-16-2017, 10:18 AM
I've been led to believe... similiar SD 3 threads are sorta non-drama on Sega16... Schmups... PCEfx... etc etc...

I often wonder why our memberbase... and a certain Azn mod seems so balls in vocal...

Then I realise... it's prob because I hate a boring site with no personality...

xROTx

Friend of Sonic
12-16-2017, 02:07 PM
I picked up the Super SD System 3-- super stoked for it. I love what this company is producing. I don't want to get too far off topic but I do wonder if it's possible to do Sega CD in this manner with an item that plugs into the Genesis Ext port. Either way I'll be excited to see what the future holds

Syn
12-16-2017, 02:39 PM
I picked up the Super SD System 3-- super stoked for it. I love what this company is producing. I don't want to get too far off topic but I do wonder if it's possible to do Sega CD in this manner with an item that plugs into the Genesis Ext port. Either way I'll be excited to see what the future holds

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?272774-Terraonion-New-Product(s)-discussion-thread

We were using this old thread for speculation before the announcement. There was a lot of discussion on various systems.

powerflower
12-16-2017, 03:04 PM
I've been led to believe... similiar SD 3 threads are sorta non-drama on Sega16... Schmups... PCEfx... etc etc...

I often wonder why our memberbase... and a certain Azn mod seems so balls in vocal...

xROTx

That reminds me of WildBoomBox trying the same proto shit over at Assembler, I mean exact same attitude. He didn't even made it to page 2 until they kicked him. Sorta boring I thought and realised how patient some members were with this autopilot here @ "Evil-NG" :-J

I don't want to get too far off topic but I do wonder if it's possible to do Sega CD in this manner with an item that plugs into the Genesis Ext port. Either way I'll be excited to see what the future holds

I think the library isn't worth producing such a device. The HW is far more complex and the Ext. a joke. Hmmm... Somthing cheap for the Dreamcast (SD) would be cool like a kit with some extras like HDMI or something.

NightWolve
12-16-2017, 03:18 PM
You stayed away from these forums for years and decide to pop up with your Nerdism. Go Fuck yourself you spoiled fuck. Go take your fucking complaints to AtariAge. Faggit.

Be Gone Dude. No one noticed you were gone and we will go on when you decide to disappear again for two years. You are nothing here and not considered NG family. Again, Fuck off.
Wow, that escalated quickly!

I'm going to stop this shit out of Respect for the Terra Onion Group
Kinda too late... You can't think ANY of that was helpful to their business to make some sales here on an impressive product they literally spent thousands of work hours developing among their team members! Way too much disproportionate rage over this exchange...

I wouldn't be bothered by noob questions either. Even the most annoying ones act as publicity to bump the thread and someone who hasn't visited this forum in months and is a PC Engine fan sees it for the first time as a result. Not a bad thing actually.

We have this problem at PCEngineFX too sadly, a perfectly positive news thread about a new product all fans should be able to get behind gets crapped on by old grudges, jealousies, resentments, etc. The PC Engine Kickstarter homebrew CD game Henshin Engine comes to mind... Way too much drama ensued and I lost considerable respect for the forum...

Syn
12-16-2017, 03:19 PM
The mods here try to avoid banning believe it or not.

However, if you truly add nothing or push a topic you've been asked not to, they will do it.

Friend of Sonic
12-16-2017, 03:27 PM
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?272774-Terraonion-New-Product(s)-discussion-thread

We were using this old thread for speculation before the announcement. There was a lot of discussion on various systems.

Whoops, thanks Syn. That's an interesting read too and they teased 2018 being an interesting year. Go Terraonion, go!

Rot
12-16-2017, 03:30 PM
We have this problem at PCEngineFX too sadly, a perfectly positive news thread about a new product all fans should be able to get behind gets crapped on by old grudges, jealousies, resentments, etc. The PC Engine Kickstarter homebrew CD game Henshin Engine comes to mind... Way too much drama ensued and I lost considerable respect for the forum...

PCEngineFX is full of wannabees....

Pauls site is gone...

Aarons site is still there... but let's be honest here... last time i visited a few of the guys decided they wanted an extended "chat" with myself...

Not sayin' it's a bad thing... I'm just sayin' they're shit at it...

xROTx

PS. You could ban me I suppose... and see how I would react...

EDIT. As for NG.com... I am here RIGHT now in this thread... and the warnings have been there for weeks...

Neosd likes it here and our memberbase gets his attention in most regards... and so, I will give a certain amount of provision to how he feels...

Take that how you like... but I aint one for blinking...

Geddon_jt
12-16-2017, 04:09 PM
PCEngineFx is just a shame, its the same 10 guys bitching about rising game prices in every thread. And they've been doing it for like 15 years, way before prices on Turbo stuff even got crazy. As a result, nobody ever sells any decent games there for fear of being harassed, they just go to eBay for top dollar, which of course makes prices go up even more. Dumbest cycle ever

greedostick
12-16-2017, 04:13 PM
In all Seriousness, what's 250 Euros in today's retro gaming market?

Basically a drop in the bucket in Turbo Land. Dracula X alone with spine is pushing that price.

For the typical American Turbografx user, the cost of the CD Rom Unit, Docking Bay, import converter/region mod, RGB Mod, and purchase of Super system cards is MUCH more than the cost of a core grafx, and Super CD Rom 3 system. Then assuming you want to play Dracula X, we would be talking another $180.00 to $240.00 on top of that.

For the average PC Engine owner, this is a steal compared to the cost of a shitty briefcase setup. Cool looking system, but junk.

Even figuring in the Duo/DuoR/DuoRX owners who drop $300+ on a console, then have to get it recapped, and possibly new laser assembly and/or refurbishment costs, and region mod, you are getting a similar setup for cheaper, that plays every game.

It's worth the cost of entry alone, to not have to worry about faulty lasers.

This unit is a steal at this price, not just regarding cost, but factoring in the peace of mind that you don't have to worry about repairs and recapping for a long time.

turdkind
12-16-2017, 04:24 PM
In all Seriousness, what's 250 Euros in today's retro gaming market? I think your a little out of touch and that might be because you were away for two years (Not Trolling). A rgb modded Duo/R runs for $350+ and RX even more. Yes, most people outside this hobby would agree that spending $300 is alot but most people outside this hobby probably don't even know what a PC Engine is. They might even think that the PC Engine and the Turbografx are two completely different consoles. Most people outside this hobby would think that spending more than $60 on a Video Game is too much. People in this hobby know that this is a Bargain, who the hell cares about people outside of the hobby. C'Mon Dude. Just My Rgb Modded RX and Original Rondo puts me in the $600 range.

That's pretty much what I said, yeah. I think people are focusing a bit too much on my "premium" comment, but I take your point. All I'm saying is that the Super SD 3 isn't just some cheap Game Genie and setting high expectations for its performance based on neosd's reputation isn't unreasonable. I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to squeeze every last bit out of these old consoles, up to and including the best A/V quality possible, and that means getting grilled occasionally by an enthusiastic (and sometimes anal/annoying) community.

xROTx

I'm all for a lively debate until that liveliness shuts down the discussion. When asking relevant questions gets you a "shut the fuck up, nerd" response and discourages further information sharing, we all ultimately get less out of what we put in here and are forced to go elsewhere to get the answers. I think most everyone understands that ng.com is the place to get great technical info while also possibly being subjected to homophobic slurs, but these days, it's often just the slurs. Why dig through that shit when you can read the thread on shmups and get your questions answered without being called a "fagit"?

There's a fine line between having a personality and just being an asshole.

NightWolve
12-16-2017, 04:54 PM
PCEngineFx is just a shame, its the same 10 guys bitching about rising game prices in every thread. And they've been doing it for like 15 years, way before prices on Turbo stuff even got crazy. As a result, nobody ever sells any decent games there for fear of being harassed, they just go to eBay for top dollar, which of course makes prices go up even more. Dumbest cycle ever

Haha, yeah, there's truth in that (and I include myself as part guilty, heh).

neosd
12-16-2017, 05:18 PM
guys,

Today i had an awesome day, i been thinking all day about how to improve an idea that has sourrounded my mind for the last years and i finally found the pieces i was looking for.

I just canīt believe how many time you guys miss talking or thinking about worthless things.

This is such a nice place to talk about technology, from creators to users to users again (as we are aswel).

And everyone is talking about : capacitors, prices and cables. Things that are worth nothing

Just forget about all that, put your minds on the device and tell us what you guys would like to be added. Hardware is closed, pcbs are already manufactured (we are not going to do hardware changes anymore) but software is a living part.

Lets make something interesting to come out from here.

Kid Panda
12-16-2017, 05:35 PM
guys,

Today i had an awesome day, i been thinking all day about how to improve an idea that has sourrounded my mind for the last years and i finally found the pieces i was looking for.

I just canīt believe how many time you guys miss talking or thinking about worthless things.

This is such a nice place to talk about technology, from creators to users to users again (as we are aswel).

And everyone is talking about : capacitors, prices and cables. Things that are worth nothing

Just forget about all that, put your minds on the device and tell us what you guys would like to be added. Hardware is closed, pcbs are already manufactured (we are not going to do hardware changes anymore) but software is a living part.

Color me curious, you guys have a frontend made up for it yet? I don't think I remember seeing one yet :D

neosd
12-16-2017, 05:38 PM
Color me curious, you guys have a frontend made up for it yet? I don't think I remember seeing one yet :D

Do you mean an user interface ? if so, yes its on both our video and gadgetukīs

We have sent a firmware update with screenshots working and the tool to create the database with those to Gadgetuk this week aswel.

The UI was designed by Alien

Kid Panda
12-16-2017, 05:49 PM
Do you mean an user interface ? if so, yes its on both our video and gadgetukīs

We have sent a firmware update with screenshots working and the tool to create the database with those to Gadgetuk this week aswel.

The UI was designed by Alien

Cool beans, I'll check it out when I get home tonight :D

Edit: Just watched it. I'm digging it, clean and simple!

greatfunky
12-16-2017, 05:49 PM
hmm , it's hard to say , the pce system 3 seem so complete and we haven't it yet , i would see some improvement for the neosd (remember the juggling monkey?) but ....

turdkind
12-16-2017, 05:54 PM
guys,

Apologies. I'll keep it on topic and drop the debate about the forum.

I honestly can't think of anything I'd want added right now. Just looking forward to getting my hands on it.

RAZO
12-16-2017, 06:06 PM
Apologies. I'll keep it on topic and drop the debate about the forum.

I honestly can't think of anything I'd want added right now. Just looking forward to getting my hands on it.

Same Here.

RevQuixo
12-16-2017, 07:01 PM

Pipe dream:

LaserActive NEC LD2-ROM support :loco:

Save States?

Cheat Database/Game Genie?

What else could there be?

powerflower
12-16-2017, 08:08 PM
"Today i had an awesome day, i been thinking all day about how to improve an idea that has sourrounded my mind for the last years and i finally found the pieces i was looking for...

... the next project which involves teh luvly Dreamcast."

I'm so ok with that ;)

TwinFami
12-16-2017, 08:29 PM
... the next project which involves teh luvly Dreamcast."

I'm so ok with that ;)

A Sega Saturn ODE that uses the video CD card slot?

Kid Panda
12-16-2017, 08:32 PM

After Professor Abrasive gets caught up with life I'm sure we will see this.

Teddy KGB
12-16-2017, 08:41 PM
This is cool.

Neodogg
12-16-2017, 11:30 PM
This is cool.

Jimbo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TwinFami
12-17-2017, 01:49 AM
After Professor Abrasive gets caught up with life I'm sure we will see this.

Never know. This unit beat the ODE that Phoebe guy was working on.

powerflower
12-17-2017, 02:04 AM

That's a toughy. Dreamcast is more common and DC Freaks which there are plenty (see Shenmue3 (debacle?)) will do everything for the BEST ;) console ever made.

Or a Naomi solution in tandem with DC like playing DC Games on Naomi.

Or better, playing Naomi on DC? But that would require a Ram/VRam doubling which isn't that easy due to lack of a proper Ext.port.

That Modem/Ext. port will not work. The PC-Engine is the only console with a proper Ext. As far as I know you have complete access to the PCE HW!

Regarding Saturn:
I don't think they will make enough money with a Saturn thingy. Mabe as a project after DC.

A Model 2 Board in FPGA would be awesome too. Imagine all that 8P racing games, on the go with a sweet little handheld which of course has a 24KHz RGB out+HDMI+ link option and USB racing wheel support.

Hope this is the right thread for such speculations but neosd is to blame with his fantastic days... :drool:

fenikso
12-17-2017, 04:42 AM
That's a toughy. Dreamcast is more common and DC Freaks which there are plenty (see Shenmue3 (debacle?)) will do everything for the BEST ;) console ever made.

Or better, playing Naomi on DC? But that would require a Ram/VRam doubling which isn't that easy due to lack of a proper Ext.port.

That Modem/Ext. port will not work. The PC-Engine is the only console with a proper Ext. As far as I know you have complete access to the PCE HW!

Regarding Saturn:
I don't think they will make enough money with a Saturn thingy. Mabe as a project after DC.

A Model 2 Board in FPGA would be awesome too. Imagine all that 8P racing games, on the go with a sweet little handheld which of course has a 24KHz RGB out+HDMI+ link option and USB racing wheel support.

Hope this is the right thread for such speculations but neosd is to blame with his fantastic days... :drool:

There is a defacto speculation thread:

powerflower
12-17-2017, 05:37 AM
Ohh, please feel free to move, mods :)

And thanks fenikso.

TwinFami
12-17-2017, 06:49 AM

I'm one of those DC freaks and I was lucky to get my hands on a USB GDROM. It works pretty well as is, but it could be better. Maybe with just a button combo or a better GUI. I'd rather see a more foolproof Saturn method as I suck at soldering and like the USB GDROM, the Phoebe and Rhea boards are a pain to come across.

Rot
12-17-2017, 07:00 AM
I'm one of those DC freaks and I was lucky to get my hands on a USB GDROM. It works pretty well as is, but it could be better. Maybe with just a button combo or a better GUI. I'd rather see a more foolproof Saturn method as I suck at soldering and like the USB GDROM, the Phoebe and Rhea boards are a pain to come across.

I would appreciate GREATLY if you kept the speculation and NON-Device talk to the other thread...

Trust me... you'd prefer it that way as well...

xROTx

TwinFami
12-17-2017, 07:01 AM
Go home Rot, you're drunk :D

Rot
12-17-2017, 07:03 AM
Go home Rot, you're drunk :D

You don't know me well enough to say that...

NEXT post better not hit my radar...

TwinFami
12-17-2017, 07:17 AM
Honestly, what is your problem? You seem to have a bug up your ass. I don't know you, you also don't know me either. If I was you, I'd back down and watch that tone of yours before you piss off the wrong person. Where I come from, pissing off the wrong person can land you six feet under. It wasn't "speculation", I merely agreed to a statement. You want to have a bug about that? Seriously?! If I were running this place, you'd be suspended and stripped of your duties as clearly, you are just taking out whatever aggression you have on innocent people just because it makes you look more like a man behind that keyboard of yours. Slow your role and relax. If you can't handle this place, then leave for a while, get your marbles together and come back. Your behavior is what chases people away, ESPECIALLY those who want to buy NeoSD's products. How would they see it coming here and getting abused by people like you? They'd be running and NeoSD would be losing sales.

This is why NeoSD needs to have a forum of their own like Krikzz does, so they can purge this elitist behavior. I've seen it ever since I got here and tried to stay out of it, now that you're attacking me directly, well....now we have a problem. So, we can drop this like gentlemen, or you can choose to be a child about it and throw a fit. Like I said, you don't know me well enough either and knowing me is not something you want, least not when I'm insulted in this fashion.

Rot
12-17-2017, 07:23 AM
Honestly, what is your problem? You seem to have a bug up your ass. I don't know you, you also don't know me either. If I was you, I'd back down and watch that tone of yours before you piss off the wrong person. Where I come from, pissing off the wrong person can land you six feet under. It wasn't "speculation", I merely agreed to a statement. You want to have a bug about that? Seriously?! If I were running this place, you'd be suspended and stripped of your duties as clearly, you are just taking out whatever aggression you have on innocent people just because it makes you look more like a man behind that keyboard of yours. Slow your role and relax. If you can't handle this place, then leave for a while, get your marbles together and come back. Your behavior is what chases people away, ESPECIALLY those who want to buy NeoSD's products. How would they see it coming here and getting abused by people like you? They'd be running and NeoSD would be losing sales.

This is why NeoSD needs to have a forum of their own like Krikzz does, so they can purge this elitist behavior. I've seen it ever since I got here and tried to stay out of it, now that you're attacking me directly, well....now we have a problem. So, we can drop this like gentlemen, or you can choose to be a child about it and throw a fit. Like I said, you don't know me well enough either and knowing me is not something you want, least not when I'm insulted in this fashion.

Blah Blah Blah...

Welcome to the War Room...

Any of the other guys would've realised a warning for what it is... I aint the person you should be ignoring when I cut you a break...

greatfunky
12-17-2017, 12:00 PM
guys,

About pce system 3 , maybe the ultimate function to add is a cheat engine , as there were no game genie or action replay for the pc engine.

The most common cheat engine format is the one based on magic engine , a lots of codes are available on the web for hucard and cd games and it's easy to find more new ones with the emulator .

http://forums.magicengine.com/en/viewforum.php?f=13&topicdays=0&start=0

NightWolve
12-17-2017, 12:02 PM
Did I just read a roundabout "tough guy" death threat ?? Cause it sure seems like I did... :keke: :keke:

"Ya know, 'partner', where I come from in these here parts, talking like that to me might getcha six feet under... Just sayin'... Word to the wise..."

Entertainment aside, don't wanna waste another post, so on topic, I wanted to note earlier a difference between the Turbo Everdrive flash cart and the system here I noticed from the box.

They designed a button combo to reset you back to the game selection menu which is something Turbo Everdrive can't do! Once TE loads a PCE ROM, you have to turn the system off and on to load another game. That's fine for a Turbo Express handheld, but for any NEC console it equals inconvenience every time.

So hat tip to the neo dev team for another good feature besides CD image support! Another appealing feature worth emphasizing.

fenikso
12-17-2017, 12:52 PM
Out of curiosity: can the Super System 3 be used to dump HuCards to the SD card? It'd be a fun, if a bit unnecessary, feature for people who have a large library of games.

Yodd
12-17-2017, 01:17 PM
Out of curiosity: can the Super System 3 be used to dump HuCards to the SD card? It'd be a fun, if a bit unnecessary, feature for people who have a large library of games.

That would be an interesting feature for people who want to legally dump their own games.

neosd
12-17-2017, 01:54 PM

That would be an interesting feature for people who want to legally dump their own games.

Hello,

We discussed this back in the day, i myself would love this aswel.

The issue is that once you plug a hucard, it takes control over the expansion port so you would need to boot Super SD System 3 before plug a hucard and then dump it.

The plastic piece on the power button avoids the hotplug of the hucard aswel.

Syn
12-17-2017, 01:59 PM
Never mind.

Syntax_x
12-17-2017, 03:13 PM
Firmware/software suggestion:

On-the-fly hex memory editor.
I haven't seen a decent one for flash cards since the old DSTwo carts.

RAZO
12-17-2017, 04:22 PM

No matter if NeoSd starts a New forum, there is always going to be Drama. Every gaming forum that is some what popular has some sort of Drama. NeoSd is fine here, we all respect the TerraOnion group and love his products.

Your a fool. Don't mess with the Governor lol.

fenikso
12-17-2017, 04:28 PM
Hello,

We discussed this back in the day, i myself would love this aswel.

The issue is that once you plug a hucard, it takes control over the expansion port so you would need to boot Super SD System 3 before plug a hucard and then dump it.

The plastic piece on the power button avoids the hotplug of the hucard aswel.

As far as the power slider is concerned: It's nothing that couldn't be gotten around with a 3D printer or an exacto knife. If it is truly an addable feature, then I'd like to formally proffer it as a suggestion for a future firmware update.

neosd
12-17-2017, 04:34 PM
As far as the power slider is concerned: It's nothing that couldn't be gotten around with a 3D printer or an exacto knife. If it is truly an addable feature, then I'd like to formally proffer it as a suggestion for a future firmware update.

Yes, but you canīt advertishe a function that needs your console to be modded.

I mean, i am not saying we are not going to do it, but adding a feature that needs to mod your console has repercussions and may confuse users.

Example : we donīt want to be answering emails everyday about : the dumping function dosenīt works. And believe me, this is going to happen if we do it

Rot
12-17-2017, 04:36 PM
https://i.imgur.com/z0qxeIF.png?1

Admittedly... I let one guy out... Yohanov...

In all honesty... I have been amazed by the dumbness of the n00b base in this thread...

I truly would've prefered a more subtle approach... I tried nudging... warning... making the odd example... and yet...

People still haven't got the message...

Rule 1. Stay on Topic... Device specific...
Rule 2. Research... before posting...
Rule 3. I'll generally give you a get out clause... use some time to reflect on what will happen if you don't take it...

xROTx

fenikso
12-17-2017, 04:38 PM

I mean, i am not saying we are not going to do it, but adding a feature that needs to mod your console has repercussions and may confuse users.

Example : we donīt want to be answering emails everyday about : the dumping function dosenīt works. And believe me, this is going to happen if we do it
Understood. I personally have no qualms taking a knife to a console, but I understand that most people don't want to get their hands dirty. If it's an... unadvertised... addition to the firmware somewhere down the line, I'm perfectly fine with that.

GadgetUK
12-17-2017, 04:40 PM

I seriously wouldn't remove that slider protection switch. Whilst a lot of the time removal of the cart whilst its on might be OK, you do risk damaging a connection on the databus or address bus. That slider is there for a reason!

EDIT: Just practice removing carts whilst the SNES is powered up using one of those region adapters (to bypass the SNES cart lock). See how long your SNES lasts...

Syn
12-17-2017, 04:47 PM
EDIT: Just practice removing carts whilst the SNES is powered up using one of those region adapters (to bypass the SNES cart lock). See how long your SNES lasts...

https://youtu.be/2IA5Cv_5-g8

fenikso
12-17-2017, 04:56 PM
I seriously wouldn't remove that slider protection switch. Whilst a lot of the time removal of the cart whilst its on might be OK, you do risk damaging a connection on the databus or address bus. That slider is there for a reason!

Ok then, what about an adapter that extends past or above the power slider, that has its own locking mechanism?

Syn
12-17-2017, 05:01 PM
Ok then, what about an adapter that extends past or above the power slider, that has its own locking mechanism?

Just stick a slot on the unit itself bypassing the stock slot. Strictly for dumping.

A 2"Ũ1/8" cut on the sides or back. Shallow slot reader.

No console modification needed but lots of crack would help some people here.

RevQuixo
12-17-2017, 05:17 PM
Just stick a slot on the unit itself bypassing the stock slot. Strictly for dumping.

Then you could add a screen and some controls..and voila, you have a Turbo Express.

Syn
12-17-2017, 05:19 PM
I know, I know...completely fpga everything and modify the front to accept hucards rather than the base.

I just want it as is, 100% sold on it.

Syntax_x
12-17-2017, 05:38 PM
I'd drop the dream of dumping via the ssd3s, it's already a niche item and after majority of sales are complete the percentage of users wanting to dump cards would be tiny.
Your flogging a dead horse.

The majority of users will probably hit ROT up for a "link" dump that onto an sd and not look back.

Those that have a need to dump would already have the means to do so, and seriously, what's left to dump? Probably bugger all.

Syn
12-17-2017, 05:49 PM
Only new homebrews haven't been dumped so there's no need. Like NeoSD mentioned, he had thought about it and moved on.

RevQuixo
12-17-2017, 06:23 PM
I hope this project spurs on additional translation projects for PCE-CD. Looks like there are a metric ton of RPGs on CD.

GadgetUK
12-17-2017, 06:28 PM
On the subject of HDMI or VGA output or something - maybe a pass through could be later developed by someone - something that has the male and female expansion connectors and just has an FPGA, some RAM (for screen buffer - might not even be required, might be possible in the FPGA?) and connects to the VD bus and whatever other clock / sync signals would be required for video output. That in theory could work and be a nice product too. The idea is that plugs into the expansion, then the Super 3 plugs into that.

Syn
12-17-2017, 06:29 PM
Yodd recommended a gig size but I wonder how many games require Japanese knowledge.

And yes, I see Yodd's here.

Edit Not an exact number, a rough percentage. Not a fair question really.

RevQuixo
12-17-2017, 06:40 PM
Yodd recommended a gig size but I wonder how many games require Japanese knowledge.

And yes, I see Yodd's here.

Edit Not an exact number, a rough percentage.

I've been looking into the games..Yodd recomended a 256gb card to hold the library and that may be about right. I'm guessing more than half of the Japanese library is going to be largely unplayable by those who can't speak Japanese. There are a *lot* of RPGs, digital comics and text heavy strategy games. Then there are the mahjong Pachi-Slot & Hanafuda games that require some knowledge of how those games are played (and probably deciphering menus)

Might be beneficial to look at lists like this: https://www.video-games-museum.com/en/sys/45-pc-engine-cd/2/all and go off the genre to get an idea if it is playable (RPG, Adventure, Quiz, Strategy are probably hard for non-native speakers)

On the US side..There are less than 50 official releases I think.

Syn
12-17-2017, 06:49 PM
Then people's definition of playable comes into play. I found JP Deep Fear (Saturn) easy while others said it was hard to complete.

powerflower
12-17-2017, 10:25 PM

Please invest your time in better things. This feature is totally unnecessary.

Guys please, you wanna legal dumps of your games? Go to emupara.. see? Simple as that. Let them guys work on far more important things like something for the DC :)

[OCEAN]
12-18-2017, 01:39 AM
I hope this project spurs on additional translation projects for PCE-CD. Looks like there are a metric ton of RPGs on CD.

I hope this happens too. There's tons of cool stuff on the Jap catalogue of the PCEngine which are unplayable without knowing some Japanese. I'd even love to play the PCE version of Snatcher in English using the Sega CD translation.

Rot
12-18-2017, 03:12 AM
Lulz... I wake up to something new everyday it seems...

The device is good.... very very good... BUT... the first thing nerds wanna do is see if you can haxxor it into something else:D

GEEZ...

xROTx

GadgetUK
12-18-2017, 03:56 AM
I've easily fit every single game I would ever care about on one 64GB card btw - like 100+ CD games and all HuCard Games and I still have space. I then got another 64GB card to support testing further and have put another 120 ish games onto that card which I will start testing at lunch. You probably would need a 256GB card or two (assuming 256GB works) if you wanted to fit every single game but tbh, most people wont want every single CD game. My advice to people on a budget is get 1 x 64GB card to start with, unless you have more than say 100 games you want to play from the off.

powerflower
12-18-2017, 05:28 AM
Lulz... I wake up to something new everyday it seems...

The device is good.... very very good... BUT... the first thing nerds wanna do is see if you can haxxor it into something else:D

GEEZ...xROTx

Haxxing into what? Into a coffeemachine or something...? I don't get it. Must be a millennials issue or something...

On another note:

Nerds = hipster girly girls...complaining and blah...

Real retro gamers = people who are collecting since the beginning like mid 80s or 90s... who are like "thank you neosd team for that gift!" And 240 is a steal!! I wouldn't sell any of my products to such people, it means only trouble in the long run.

As an ex-console modder/tech we accepted only smooth customers. In return our service was like "impossible is is not an option for us" (Geht nicht gibt's nicht - sounds better in German ;) ) As long as they didn't want a coffeemachine out of their PS1. Regulars had lifetime warranty anyway...Nothing more unsatisfying than a unhappy customer.

greatfunky
12-18-2017, 06:02 AM
Yodd is right , if you want absolutely every games you need 256GB sd card .
I downloaded every games i want , removing just mahjong games , Japanese rpg and photo games and i'm at 70 gig hucards included , i'll use a 128GB card , but yes if you remove some more games , 64GB card is fine .

neosd
12-18-2017, 06:06 AM
Hello

New production update.

Final pcb panels have been finished, we got two samples and the rest have been sent to the SMT factory for soldering.

We still donīt know if SMT factory will be able to solder the chips on the pcbs the last week of december or if we will have to wait until the first week of January.
I expect to not know this until last day of December at all ...

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/pce_panel_final.jpg

RAZO
12-18-2017, 06:09 AM
Hello

New production update.

Final pcb panels have been finished, we got two samples and the rest have been sent to the SMT factory for soldering.

We still donīt know if SMT factory will be able to solder the chips on the pcbs the last week of december or if we will have to wait until the first week of January.
I expect to not know this until last day of December at all ...

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/pce_panel_final.jpg

Awesome. Thanks for the update.

greatfunky
12-18-2017, 06:22 AM
A pretty piece of hardware :)

fenikso
12-18-2017, 06:31 AM
Please invest your time in better things. This feature is totally unnecessary.

Guys please, you wanna legal dumps of your games? Go to emupara.. see? Simple as that. Let them guys work on far more important things like something for the DC :)

Hey, bud, NeoSD asked for future firmware ideas and I gave him the first idea that came to mind. No doubt the team that works on firmware updates isn't going to waste a ton of time on a feature that I even admitted wasn't wholly necessary. But that doesn't mean they can't look into the plausibility of adding such an option.

PS - Take your DC speculation talk to the other thread where it belongs. Where are your firmware suggestions? Noob.

Edit: Boards look great can't wait to put this thing through it's paces early next year.

Double edit: Y'know, I'd damn near buy a poster with a picture of those boards (shown just like they are front and back, maybe just lined up a little more square) still in their larger sheet.

powerflower
12-18-2017, 07:30 AM
Didn't wanna be rude. I was speaking of all the noobs here b/c of PCE. I'm a noob here too but no noob when it comes to gaming history. (sarcasm mode) Pulstar and Blazing AES should make me soopercool here, right;)

You are definitely no noob in my books. Didn't wanna step on your toes...if so, sorry:)

And yes I may be OT, sorry. Just wanted to say that there could be more important things like a dump option which is kind of on topic? Oh, and I have posted a firmware update suggestion for the PCE3 ( if I didn't mess that post up) : Save states. Cheat stuff would be awesome too as a member posted.

Other than that I think this device is perfect as it is. Greets

Yodd
12-18-2017, 09:33 AM
Boards look good!

:buttrock:

powerflower
12-18-2017, 10:47 AM
Think I posted that?

Superfast Autofire (like 1 shot/frame) via firmware? Many if not all shooters will profit from that.

GadgetUK
12-18-2017, 10:51 AM
Think I posted that?

Superfast Autofire via firmware?
And could it make us coffee too? :o)

powerflower
12-18-2017, 11:01 AM
Hahaha! Good one. Fair enough;) But hey I was asked to suggest stuff for firmware...

So that makes 2:1 for me i guess?

But seriously 1/60 AF is something you don't wanna miss once played. As the PCE has (or have?) tons of excellent shooters. AC-Stick or Pad AF isn't fast enough. Try Ultimate Tiger, a dream.

neodev
12-18-2017, 11:07 AM
Hahaha! Good one. Fair enough;) But hey I was asked to suggest stuff for firmware...

So that makes 2:1 for me i guess?

But seriously 1/60 AF is something you don't wanna miss once played. As the PCE has (or have?) tons of excellent shooters. AC-Stick or Pad AF isn't fast enough. Try Ultimate Tiger, a dream.

I think it's not possible because games read the gamepad directamente from the input ports, and we can't trap that. It would need a transistor for each button data line, like the actual hardware does, to pull the line up or down as needed.

powerflower
12-18-2017, 11:17 AM
Aha, got you. I thought the Ext. has access to controller input.

Maybe I'll try to make a mini circuit which hopefully fits into the pad. So I have to deal with GND and + for each button only.

Gracias

Tripredacus
12-18-2017, 11:21 AM

Verbiage

Syn
12-18-2017, 11:32 AM
Verbiage

I knew it didn't seem right but auto correct failed me.

neosd
12-18-2017, 12:35 PM
Boards look good!

:buttrock:

And the best part is that i can confirm those work fine ;)

Yodd
12-18-2017, 01:03 PM
:D

ShootTheCore
12-18-2017, 01:51 PM
Think I posted that?

Superfast Autofire (like 1 shot/frame) via firmware? Many if not all shooters will profit from that.

Most PC Engine gamepads already have rapid fire options built in.

powerflower
12-18-2017, 05:13 PM
As I said in comparison to 60Hz rapid fire... pad or stick has no chance. I doesn't work anyway. Try MameUIFX rfire 60Hz and then via pad/stick.

powerflower
12-18-2017, 05:26 PM
dp

Syn
12-18-2017, 05:47 PM
As I said in comparison to 60Hz rapid fire... pad or stick has no chance. I doesn't work anyway. Try MameUIFX rfire 60Hz and then via pad/stick.

So if they were to do it, what would be your new excuse for sucking at gaming?

famicommander
12-18-2017, 05:55 PM
What about remapping buttons, for instance, on a Hori 6 button pad? Is that something that can be done?

powerflower
12-18-2017, 06:25 PM
So if they were to do it, what would be your new excuse for sucking at gaming?

I know what you mean:-J Since I played most of the shooter library to death with pad rfire it would be a new and fun experience to plough through Tatsujin etc. These games are still hard to beat. It's fun! Grumpy granpa...

Again it doesn't work without modding the PCE anyway, so I will suck forever...

Edit: Look at Cave, they do it out of the box;)

What about remapping buttons, for instance, on a Hori 6 button pad? Is that something that can be done?

Not without modding your PCE. The Ext. bus has no access to controller input.

Syntax_x
12-18-2017, 06:40 PM
The correct way to run a rapid fire setup is to run it off divisions of the sync signal.

So for all this to work you could make a pass thru card that connects between the ssds3 and links to the controllerports, then the controllers plug in.

A complete 3rd party solution. Just need someone to make it.

One100bill
12-18-2017, 06:44 PM
Can’t wait to get mine. I’ll be using it on a Super Grafx. Hopefully they’re no issues with that system. Thanks NEOSD!!

Syn
12-18-2017, 06:53 PM
Can’t wait to get mine. I’ll be using it on a Super Grafx. Hopefully they’re no issues with that system. Thanks NEOSD!!

NeoSD mentioned SuperGrafx's can have bad caps iirc. If there's an issue check them first. They've tested everything else they can.

powerflower
12-18-2017, 06:56 PM
The correct way to run a rapid fire setup is to run it off divisions of the sync signal.

So for all this to work you could make a pass thru card that connects between the ssd3s and links to the controllerports, then the controllers plug in.

A complete 3rd party solution. Just need someone to make it.

Sounds interesting. Just one question, since there is some en/decoding going on in every PCE pad. So i guess you have to tap directly from the pad's circuit board. In other words before the the signal enters the IC, right?

Syntax_x
12-18-2017, 07:12 PM
We don't need to speculate on what needs to be done to make it work, leave that to someone smarter.

For now the idea is out there. Job done.

One100bill
12-18-2017, 07:12 PM
NeoSD mentioned SuperGrafx's can have bad caps iirc. If there's an issue check them first. They've tested everything else they can.

It’s working great and I’m using the Engine Block AV from Stone Age gamer with the Turbo Everdrive via RGB into Framemeister. Hopefully it’ll give me no issues. Thanks

NightWolve
12-18-2017, 09:30 PM

neosd
12-19-2017, 01:01 AM
Blah Blah Blah... not on Topic...

And here it comes again.

Talking about something unrelated with Super SD System 3, that dosent even is for sale.

Just a sugestion : why donīt you open a separate thread to talk about that ? you can especualte there all day long.

I donīt think i can live with this drama on this thread another year : my device loads faster than yours, my device will be better and bla bla bla bla.

So laziness to see this again

powerflower
12-19-2017, 03:38 AM

Rot
12-19-2017, 04:26 AM
I have released all War Room Locked accounts... pertaining to the thread...

This is a public information announcement...

xROTx

Bar81
12-19-2017, 10:07 AM
Is there any chance we can special order one with a JP RGB output?

chrisr
12-19-2017, 10:09 AM
Rot: You talk consistently about how this is an open forum. Yet you censor, denigrate and ban at every step.

neosd/neodev: as you look to expand outside of the Neo universe, I encourage you to consider finding a forum that lacks this toxicity for the sake of the success of your business.

For all others: there is a vibrant (albeit more technical) thread on shmups discussing the SSDS3. I hope neosd and neodev can continue to post there as well.

Peace out.

NightWolve
12-19-2017, 10:13 AM
And here it comes again.

Talking about something unrelated with Super SD System 3, that dosent even is for sale.

Just a sugestion : why donīt you open a separate thread to talk about that ? you can especualte there all day long.
No disrespect was intended. It's an interesting, similar product with potential and more information to general PC Engine fans in this area is better than less in my view.

As for why not another thread, I wanted you to see it also actually if you didn't already know about it. Could be info, ideas, methods, etc. that might've been interesting to you. That team was looking for partners to help bring the cost down, could be an opportunity there to work with them possibly so it was a mild FYI.

neosd
12-19-2017, 10:23 AM
Rot: You talk consistently about how this is an open forum. Yet you censor, denigrate and ban at every step.

neosd/neodev: as you look to expand outside of the Neo universe, I encourage you to consider finding a forum that lacks this toxicity for the sake of the success of your business.

For all others: there is a vibrant (albeit more technical) thread on shmups discussing the SSDS3. I hope neosd and neodev can continue to post there as well.

Peace out.

We have limited resources, even you see us here all day answering questions and so, this dosenīt means we got a pile of free time.
We lack of resources to run our own forum or open another battle (yes, everytime you make a new thing there is a new battle, it dosenīt matters if you are producing a cardbox or an electronic device. Factoring is battleing everyday : with providers, with factories, with customers.

We preffer to develop products ratter than entertain people at forums, i hove you guys understand that

So, we are glad to have a place where we are able to discuss things with our customers and with retro gamers as we are. This is not our home, so every rule the owners may decide, its good for us.

Guys, just relax and enjoy. I see so many fights and offtopic discussions arround here.

No disrespect was intended. It's an interesting, similar product with potential and more information to general PC Engine fans in this area is better than less in my view.

As for why not another thread, I wanted you to see it also actually if you didn't already know about it. Could be info, ideas, methods, etc. that might've been interesting to you. That team was looking for partners to help bring the cost down, could be an opportunity there to work with them possibly so it was a mild FYI.

Honestly,

I donīt want to be offensive or rude, but I DONīT CARE at all.

I donīt care about ilusions, i donīt care about dreams, i donīt care about people selling ideas.

You just have to see the vertical design and plastic generic box used there to realize the amount of eforts that have been done there.

I just ask one thing, please stay on topic cause i donīt have the needed time, neither i care about other things that are not on topic.

Rot
12-19-2017, 10:26 AM

Peace out.

Wrong thing to say....

The reason why this thread has been mod'ded this way is because of a multitude of facets... the MAIN ones are:

1. I want to keep things on topic...
2. I'm getting aggravated by the way you n00bz don't know how this forum fuckin' works...

...for example... research before you post... adhere to the warnings from one of the few active mods onsite...

3. Neosd is working his bollocks off for you guys... and I appreciate that it's his business to do so BUT... you dumbass_fly_by_night... n00b members who feel you can waltz into a forum that is nearly 2 decades old with a memberbase such as ours and not thinking before posting...

...will lead to issues such as this...

Consider yourself Perma fucked... I am merging you with ChrisR...

X68
12-19-2017, 10:46 AM
Is there any chance we can special order one with a JP RGB output?

It doesn't come with a AV cable so you have to buy/make your own anyway

neosd
12-19-2017, 10:48 AM

Thanks for answering this one, X68.
I just missed this post among the drama/offtopic stuff on the last pages

Bar81
12-19-2017, 10:50 AM

RIIIIIIGHT. Thanks for that (having a slow mental day). You just have one end of the cable wired to EU and one end to JP.

X68
12-19-2017, 10:54 AM
RIIIIIIGHT. Thanks for that (having a slow mental day). You just have one end of the cable wired to EU and one end to JP.

mini din connector has md2 pinout, wire up your scart to JP21 pinout
gone past caring about caps/resistors etc, will chk it out once on hand ;)

Bar81
12-19-2017, 11:05 AM
mini din connector has md2 pinout, wire up your scart to JP21 pinout
gone past caring about caps/resistors etc, will chk it out once on hand ;)

So isn't that even easier? Just use a JP MD2 cable, right?

RAZO
12-19-2017, 11:06 AM
We have limited resources, even you see us here all day answering questions and so, this dosenīt means we got a pile of free time.
We lack of resources to run our own forum or open another battle (yes, everytime you make a new thing there is a new battle, it dosenīt matters if you are producing a cardbox or an electronic device. Factoring is battleing everyday : with providers, with factories, with customers.

We preffer to develop products ratter than entertain people at forums, i hove you guys understand that

So, we are glad to have a place where we are able to discuss things with our customers and with retro gamers as we are. This is not our home, so every rule the owners may decide, its good for us.

Guys, just relax and enjoy. I see so many fights and offtopic discussions arround here.

Honestly,

I donīt want to be offensive or rude, but I DONīT CARE at all.

I donīt care about ilusions, i donīt care about dreams, i donīt care about people selling ideas.

You just have to see the vertical design and plastic generic box used there to realize the amount of eforts that have been done there.

I just ask one thing, please stay on topic cause i donīt have the needed time, neither i care about other things that are not on topic.

This is why I like NeoSd. He is honest and tells it how it is. Some small groups or companies that develop things always give you a Super watered down response or don't respond at all to people's questions because they don't want to bother.

@ChrisR

It's NeoSd's choice to be here. He could advertise his product on other forums. He is answering people's questions. What's the problem?

X68
12-19-2017, 11:31 AM
So isn't that even easier? Just use a JP MD2 cable, right?

yep MD2 cable wired for JP21 is what you are wanting

Syn
12-19-2017, 12:21 PM
This is a thread to promote sales of Super SD System 3. Be cautious posting non-NeoSD products or developments as it can be argued that it's thread poisoning regardless of the poster's intentions.

NeoSD has been invited to share with us and this thread will be modded differently from normal threads.

Don't like it, don't post.

Rot
12-19-2017, 05:24 PM
What.. no more Non-specific device posts?

...Z'OMG... has the message finally gotten through?

I get complaints all the time about how the mods... myself included handle certain aspects of the forum....

HOWEVER... in this particular thread... i can count about 10 posts where I have warned members that I wanted this thread to be on topic... so don't fucking complain to me that you didn't see it coming...

1. Warning...
2. War room lock...
3. Permanently fucked.. via me merging your dumbass account with Dion or someone similiar...

xROTx

monads
12-21-2017, 12:21 PM
This is damn awesome!!!! Kills my Turbo EverDrive. Totally ordering. Will StoneAge Gamer be receiving any stock???

fenikso
12-21-2017, 01:01 PM
This is damn awesome!!!! Kills my Turbo EverDrive. Totally ordering. Will StoneAge Gamer be receiving any stock???

I believe it was already stated the SAG was getting stock at some point, but that it would likely be some months from now.

monads
12-21-2017, 01:07 PM
Sweet!!! Thanks for the heads up!!!

RevQuixo
12-21-2017, 01:11 PM

the indications are that they will eventually...but not in the first allocation. If you want one early, you'll need to order it directly from NeoSD as no one knows yet when they will be available to third party sellers.

neosd
12-21-2017, 02:00 PM
Hello,

Once we got the final pcb samples (last tuesday), we soldered one by hand to check everything was working fine (we changed some lines on the final pcbs from the previous one to improve the in game button trigger).

I had some time today to make a video, donīt blame me for my lame gaming skills ....

I played about one hour but my phone stopped the recording after 20 minutes cause it ran out of memory storage.

Anyways, the video is intended to show how the screenshots work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQrhaj2JiJg

I hope no one gets bored about see me dying at castlevania, i love this game even i am pretty bad at it.

3rdStrikeMike
12-21-2017, 02:27 PM
Hello,

Once we got the final pcb samples (last tuesday), we soldered one by hand to check everything was working fine (we changed some lines on the final pcbs from the previous one to improve the in game button trigger).

I had some time today to make a video, donīt blame me for my lame gaming skills ....

I played about one hour but my phone stopped the recording after 20 minutes cause it ran out of memory storage.

I hope no one gets bored about see me dying at castlevania, i love this game even i am pretty bad at it.

Looks awesome! I am also awful at Rondo of Blood but love it :p Can't wait for the official release!

fille1976
12-21-2017, 02:37 PM
nice neosd,my sdcard is prepared.

NEOFREAK9189
12-21-2017, 04:13 PM
price?

Rot
12-21-2017, 04:19 PM
price?

Have you ever considered.. why I never Deleted your existence?

..it's mainly because the jury was out concerning your deals...

HOWEVER... seeing as you could just log onto the Terraonion sales page and check for yourself... it seems you're the sorta member that is too dumb to be allowed to continually login...

RAZO
12-21-2017, 05:35 PM
price?

HOWEVER... seeing as you could just log onto the Terraonion sales page and check for yourself... it seems you're the sorta member that is too dumb to be allowed to continually login...

:lolz:

Yodd
12-21-2017, 06:05 PM

This dude has been posting nonsense like this from the day he joined.

Sees thread and posted response before even attempting to read anything.

Uriel Liu
12-21-2017, 08:10 PM
Hello,

This is really awesome! I already ordered one and cannot wait to see the final product!

Syntax_x
12-21-2017, 08:52 PM
This dude has been posting nonsense like this from the day he joined.

Sees thread and posted response before even attempting to read anything.

It's about on par with shamelessly plugging your YouTube channel and Patreon account where ever you can....

Yodd
12-21-2017, 08:59 PM
It's about on par with shamelessly plugging your YouTube channel and Patreon account where ever you can....

I know, it's terrible ain't it.

Jibbajaba
12-21-2017, 09:07 PM

Oh my God, the horror!

joala
12-21-2017, 09:09 PM

Lol. What a tit.

Yodd
12-21-2017, 09:15 PM
What I think is funny is that no one has probably actually looked at the Patreon page.

Because if you had...

Syntax_x
12-21-2017, 09:19 PM
There's like 2 posts in this thread where you just put a smiley face as a post, I'd missed the smiley and thought you were just plugging your channel.
Apologies. I'll shut up now.

Syn
12-21-2017, 09:43 PM
There's like 2 posts in this thread where you just put a smiley face as a post, I'd missed the smiley and thought you were just plugging your channel.
Apologies. I'll shut up now.

You'd of loved kernow.

Syntax_x
12-21-2017, 10:26 PM
This place is so different, I'm trying to take it all in but there's alot of history between you guys that I've missed.
The account merging thing is piss funny tho.

wyo
12-21-2017, 10:32 PM
This place is so different, I'm trying to take it all in but there's alot of history between you guys that I've missed.

Try reading more before running your mouth.

Syn
12-21-2017, 11:27 PM

Try reading more before running your mouth.

wyo speaks the truth!

There are a lot of unwritten rules and things one person can say that you should not.

Roll with things and you'll enjoy it here. Get too wrapped up in teh drama and this place will have another victim. :keke:

Jon
12-22-2017, 12:07 AM
What I think is funny is that no one has probably actually looked at the Patreon page.

Because if you had...

I did. Made my day.

LOL, still zero patrons...:(

Jon

neosd
12-22-2017, 02:46 AM
UPDATE 22-12-2017 Final Shells

This thingle is going to look pretty nice with the golden pads pcb inside ;)

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/SSDS3_final_Shells_2.jpg

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/SSDS3_final_Shells_1.jpg

BTW, shells are being packed right now for shipment ....

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/packing_shells.jpg

Rot
12-22-2017, 03:01 AM
In Catalonia... you tie the shoelaces the other way around Neosd man...:p

xROTx

PS. The shells look nice:D

lachlan
12-22-2017, 03:37 AM
Those cases look very sturdy! like throw it at a wall sturdy. Very cool to see it all coming together yet again guys!

RAZO
12-22-2017, 05:36 AM
Love the Shells, Good Stuff.

Gyrian
12-22-2017, 06:05 AM
Oof, that is going to be one sexy device once it's fully assembled. Nice work, gents.

fenikso
12-22-2017, 07:12 AM
Shells look sweet. Can't wait to see the whole thing assembled and in my hands.

mistahsnart
12-22-2017, 07:47 AM

Looks awesome! The finishing work on that is top-notch.

Because if you had...
Hey, I did! But to be fair: I mentioned it on Twitter, not here.

sdekaar
12-22-2017, 09:20 AM
with PCE Sģ is it possible to transfert old save data from interface unit/duo with ten no koe card ?

neodev
12-22-2017, 10:48 AM
with PCE Sģ is it possible to transfert old save data from interface unit/duo with ten no koe card ?

I haven't tried, but it's theoretically possible, as when when a real hucard is detected, the backup ram controller is still enabled, and you can read/write it, and it will be saved to the sd.
The process, though, will be a bit involved, depending if you have "per game saves" selected or not.

If you don't have the per game saves selected, the save data will be read and written to a file named backup.bup, so you have all the saves in a block, as if you had a normal super cdrom/IFU. Just insert your ten no koe card and transfer the saves to the cd backup ram.

With the "per game saves" option on is a bit more difficult, because each game will have its own .bup file, but when running an external hucard, it will use backup.bup, as it doesn't know which game you have, so you'll have to insert your ten no koe card, transfer the data from the card to the cd backup ram (of the SD system 3) then take the sd out, go to the bup folder and copy or rename the backup.bup file to the name of the game you want to use that backup for, and then you can run your game with the save data you transferred from the card, although it will have more save files there, apart from the current game, you can delete them from the backup ram manager in the bios (if you have "Skip 'Press Run' " on, just hold SELECT while booting, and it will not skip the press run message, and you can access the backup manager by pressing SELECT there.

Edit: This is untested though, it's just that if it works, it will work that way.

xterc
12-22-2017, 01:24 PM
I can't wait to see them fully assembled. Now all we need is for someone to make a custom black smoke enclosure for the PCE.

Syn
12-22-2017, 01:45 PM

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/SSDS3_final_Shells_2.jpg

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/SSDS3_final_Shells_1.jpg

BTW, shells are being packed right now for shipment ....

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/packing_shells.jpg

Drools...

fenikso
12-22-2017, 01:51 PM
I can't wait to see them fully assembled. Now all we need is for someone to make a custom black smoke enclosure for the PCE.

I like the way you think. You should post that as a suggestion in the other thread.

neosd
12-22-2017, 02:31 PM
Super SD System 3 on PAL Turbograf 16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e55O6e4GluM

;)

fenikso
12-22-2017, 02:43 PM
Very nice. Does that mean the SSDS3 is now compatible with every iteration of PCE/Turbo system that has the ext. port?

neosd
12-22-2017, 02:47 PM
Very nice. Does that mean the SSDS3 is now compatible with evety iteration of PCE/Turbo system that has the ext port?

There are issues on the PAL console for sure and i think those are not worth to chase at all cause we may be hunting ghosts and ending screwing the great compatibility we have as today with NTSC consoles.

It took us a big amount of time to achieve the compatibility we have as today.

Here is an example :

Minute 1:51 on everdrive

https://youtu.be/JLaQzSIdHDs?t=1m51s

Minute 1:38 at Super SD System 3

https://youtu.be/e55O6e4GluM?t=1m38s

fenikso
12-22-2017, 02:54 PM
Yeah, I noticed the graphical glitches. Still a cool achievement, even if I can't figure out why anyone would want a PAL Turbo.

gameofyou
12-22-2017, 02:54 PM
Shells look awesome!

neosd
12-22-2017, 03:16 PM
Yeah, I noticed the graphical glitches. Still a cool achievement, even if I can't figure out why anyone would want a PAL Turbo.

I think the same but there were some guys on Spanish forums insisting about that (to get PAL Turbograf16 working)

We just did some changes to improve the way "in game trigger" works, cause this is something that affects games and may produce issues if enabled on some games.
Then, we noticed Turbograf16 PAL was working fine. It was never our intention to get the PAL Turbografx working at all ...

greatfunky
12-22-2017, 04:27 PM
I'm pretty sure the glitches in street fighter 2 should appears with original hucard too (region mod needed), i read somewhere , some PCE games have sensitive timing and might have glitches on pal turbografx.

Edit:
confirmed at minute 1:27

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfSiILUZIxc

The issue is related to the console not the Super SD System 3
so we can consider it as a success.

GadgetUK
12-22-2017, 06:00 PM
I'm pretty sure the glitches in street fighter 2 should appears with original hucard too (region mod needed), i read somewhere , some PCE games have sensitive timing and might have glitches on pal turbografx.

Edit:
confirmed at minute 1:27

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfSiILUZIxc

The issue is related to the console not the Super SD System 3
so we can consider it as a success.

Well spotted so maybe the PAL TG16 is working fine! Does look that way to me. The other thing that gives credibility to that theory is the game is fine and its just a graphical issue. I would kind of expect other problems tbh if it was the Super SD fault. It's likely that PAL / NTSC difference regards the game code. I guess more testing will prove one way or another, but it does look like its just those particular games.

Genki
12-23-2017, 01:10 AM
You have me wagging my tongue! I have a PCE that can be used and then I can sell my Duo-R with modded 32k backup RAM (16x the original save RAM, switchable with display)

powerflower
12-23-2017, 03:05 AM

Yeah slow PAL 50Hz sucks. RGB 60Hz is the way to drive this thing anyway, always was.

Pal via HF...? Jeebus!

greatfunky
12-23-2017, 03:30 AM
By the way, maybe the pal turbografx 60hz modded are working without issues ?

powerflower
12-23-2017, 03:39 AM
Yupp, mod that thing or buy a NTSC Engine. Why 50Hz?

Rot
12-23-2017, 03:49 AM
I think the same but there were some guys on Spanish forums insisting about that (to get PAL Turbograf16 working)

Tell them to come onto NG.com...

I will use the phrase... "Suk Mi Kuk" to them...

xROTx

powerflower
12-23-2017, 04:27 AM
That's rude.
Did the UK even had Scart RGB/NTSC back in the mid 90s? Cause your arbitrary measurement issues are telling like Feet, Asses, Pounds and English breakfast... Also you are driving on the wrong side of the road :-J

neosd
12-23-2017, 04:46 AM
That's rude.
Did the UK even had Scart RGB/NTSC back in the mid 90s? Cause your arbitrary measurement issues are telling like Feet, Asses, Pounds and English breakfast... Also you are driving on the wrong side of the road :-J

Rots dosenīt has the wrong side problem, cause he drives a tricycle ;)

powerflower
12-23-2017, 05:05 AM
Poor Rot. Everything is wrong with his country. Completely incompatible to the 98% rest of the world in every way and then you have tricycles...

We Germans can help you, we know how to build an airport in Berlin for like 50 years ;)

Jack Burton
12-23-2017, 10:41 AM
I've been wanting to comment in this thread, but it took a while to get through it all.

This is an amazing product. It's honestly something I've thought about for a while but thought would NEVER exist. Thank you for making this. I can't order one at the moment, but once I can I will. Thank you for supporting this great system. And thank you for coming on the forum to communicate. It takes a lot of effort and thick skin at times. ;)

Quasar247
12-23-2017, 01:06 PM
Shells look awesome!

Yes, all looking very nice :) Excellent job!

QQ - I can see from the thread & video that the actual card works with the TurboGrafx - at least NTSC models (and jury still out on PAL, but seems to work).

Do we know yet though if the new SHELL fits Ok on the TurboGrafx EXT port? (looks like the connector on the card might be generic/square, but not sure if the whole enclosure fits OK or if it will need any plastic 'modding'?!)

neosd
12-23-2017, 01:33 PM
Yes, all looking very nice :) Excellent job!

QQ - I can see from the thread & video that the actual card works with the TurboGrafx - at least NTSC models (and jury still out on PAL, but seems to work).

Do we know yet though if the new SHELL fits Ok on the TurboGrafx EXT port? (looks like the connector on the card might be generic/square, but not sure if the whole enclosure fits OK or if it will need any plastic 'modding'?!)

Hello,

We still donīt know. All we know is that the JAP Av booster wont fit well on the NTSC TurboGrafx, not just cause the connector (our connector will fit on both pcengines and turbografx), but cause the TurboGrafx16 shell seems to be a little wider than the pcengine one.

Once the shells arrive, we will know. We are just waiting, as everyone else

monads
12-23-2017, 03:21 PM
Couldn't wait :)...tried to place an order (USA, cleared with my bank) but the transaction isn't going through and my bank confirmed it's not on their end. 3 attempts made, all transactions denied.

neosd
12-23-2017, 04:36 PM
Couldn't wait :)...tried to place an order (USA, cleared with my bank) but the transaction isn't going through and my bank confirmed it's not on their end. 3 attempts made, all transactions denied.

Are you using a web proxy or trying to pay with a credit card issue in USA outside of usa ? the payment system checks those things to avoid frauds ...

monads
12-23-2017, 04:56 PM
Are you using a web proxy or trying to pay with a credit card issue in USA outside of usa ? the payment system checks those things to avoid frauds ...

Trying to purchase with a Chase Visa CC issued inside the USA. I called my bank for pre-authorization, and they see the transactions however state the denial is on the sellers authorization end.

Update: Got it accept with a MasterCard!!! Thanks!!! Looking forward to this awesome product!!!!

takeshi385
12-23-2017, 10:50 PM
Any news on whether the shells are compatible with the turbografx 16?

fenikso
12-24-2017, 05:08 AM
Hello,

We still donīt know. All we know is that the JAP Av booster wont fit well on the NTSC TurboGrafx, not just cause the connector (our connector will fit on both pcengines and turbografx), but cause the TurboGrafx16 shell seems to be a little wider than the pcengine one.

Once the shells arrive, we will know. We are just waiting, as everyone else

Any news on whether the shells are compatible with the turbografx 16?

Just a few posts above yours, man.

grendelrt
12-24-2017, 07:46 AM
Trying to purchase with a Chase Visa CC issued inside the USA. I called my bank for pre-authorization, and they see the transactions however state the denial is on the sellers authorization end.

Update: Got it accept with a MasterCard!!! Thanks!!! Looking forward to this awesome product!!!!
I couldn't use chase either, had to use my bank debit visa instead.

DirkSwizzler
12-24-2017, 08:50 AM
I couldn't use chase either, had to use my bank debit visa instead.

I couldn’t use chase either. I have a card with no fees for international purchases that failed 3 times even after using their “do you recognize this charge yes/no?” system each time. With it telling me to retry after each interaction.

Had to switch to a citi MasterCard.

Chase must really hate Redsys.

torgo100
12-24-2017, 03:42 PM
Extremely excited to see this! As soon as I can get a CC to work, I definitely plan to order one!

landsat
12-25-2017, 04:02 AM
Hi and Merry Xmas !!!!

About iso running on the device, is it possible to use clone-cd image (like Trurip) or better to use cue + wav ?

Thanks.

neosd
12-25-2017, 06:19 AM
Hello Everyone,

Merry Christmas

Some detailed pictures of the final shells

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/shells_ssds3_1.jpg
http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/shells_ssds3_2.jpg
http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/shells_ssds3_3.jpg
http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/shells_ssds3_4.jpg
http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/shells_ssds3_5.jpg
http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/shells_ssds3_6.jpg
http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/shells_ssds3_7.jpg
http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/shells_ssds3_8.jpg

neosd
12-25-2017, 06:20 AM
More

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/shells_ssds3_9.jpg
http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/shells_ssds3_10.jpg
http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/shells_ssds3_11.jpg
http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/shells_ssds3_12.jpg
http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/shells_ssds3_13.jpg
http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/shells_ssds3_14.jpg
http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/shells_ssds3_15.jpg
http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/shells_ssds3_16.jpg

Rot
12-25-2017, 06:30 AM
VERY VERY nice...:buttcock!!:

xROTx

lachlan
12-25-2017, 07:07 AM
The plastics quality is astounding guys, very nice!!!

landsat
12-25-2017, 07:24 AM
Can't wait more to have one !!

oliverclaude
12-25-2017, 07:27 AM
The imprint on the back is soooo PCE, there's even the exactly dimensioned placeholder for the sticker with the serial-number!!!

Great work, guys: TERRA ONION wins ng.com's I♥PCE Award.

neosd
12-25-2017, 07:52 AM
More ;)

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/ssds3_plugged_1.jpg
http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/ssds3_plugged_2.jpg
http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/ssds3_plugged_3.jpg
http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/ssds3_plugged_4.jpg
http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/ssds3_plugged_5.jpg
http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/ssds3_plugged_6.jpg
http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/ssds3_plugged_7.jpg

fille1976
12-25-2017, 08:10 AM
top quality neosd,keep up the good work with your team.
congrats with the new product,hope you sell many of them.

RevQuixo
12-25-2017, 09:07 AM
Hi and Merry Xmas !!!!

About iso running on the device, is it possible to use clone-cd image (like Trurip) or better to use cue + wav ?

Thanks.

If the clone cd image has a cue file, yes. If it doesn't (only has img, sub & ccd) currently no. Already answered earlier in the thread.

RAZO
12-25-2017, 09:24 AM
Awesome NeoSd. Thanks for the eye candy. They look great with the Pce consoles.

GohanX
12-25-2017, 09:24 AM
!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171225/8ecd23199edfe9467981d2a29712acc9.jpg

sr20det510
12-25-2017, 10:17 AM
More ;)

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/ssds3_plugged_1.jpg
http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/ssds3_plugged_2.jpg
http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/ssds3_plugged_3.jpg
http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/ssds3_plugged_4.jpg
http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/ssds3_plugged_5.jpg
http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/ssds3_plugged_6.jpg
http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/ssds3_plugged_7.jpg

That looks very nice!!
I'll be ordering mine in January, spent too much cash this month.

mistahsnart
12-25-2017, 10:45 AM
NeoSD posting porn on xmas day. :drool:

Top-shelf work! This is going to free up some much needed space in my entertainment center. It makes the Duo R look like a massive beast.

landsat
12-25-2017, 11:09 AM
If the clone cd image has a cue file, yes. If it doesn't (only has img, sub & ccd) currently no. Already answered earlier in the thread.

Thanks for the answer, I miss this post maybe someone can add this on the first page like a FAQQ

greatfunky
12-25-2017, 11:19 AM
Beautiful , fits perfectly to the pce ( even on clone consoles by the way :keke:), thanks for detailed pictures!

Syn
12-25-2017, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the answer, I miss this post maybe someone can add this on the first page like a FAQQ

Most people interested read the thread. Think about it, a pretty obvious question like that.

GadgetUK
12-25-2017, 11:36 AM
Super high quality =O Looks great!!!

BTW - WTF is a PC-2100 Video Game lol Was that a clone, or a licensed product or something?

greatfunky
12-25-2017, 11:59 AM
BTW - WTF is a PC-2100 Video Game lol Was that a clone, or a licensed product or something?

Probably an obscure Chinese clone similar to the PC-II

http://www.pc-engine.co.uk/gallery/full/75dea3c9a89ebbe2b1e7d5ee4cd4d50e.jpg

s. k. technique
12-25-2017, 01:01 PM
Merry Xmas All!

That final unit looks quality. Any issues with the power cable inserted, I only ask as my Tennoke unit pushes (overly) snug against mine.

monads
12-25-2017, 01:57 PM
Looks super nice/pro!!!

Happy Holidays Everyone!!!

3rdStrikeMike
12-25-2017, 10:32 PM
Looks professional as hell! Amazing work!! Can't wait to order one soon. Come on tax return!! :buttrock:

MobiusStripTech
12-26-2017, 08:41 AM
Seriously can't wait for this. Glad I was able to order it as soon as it went on sale. Also looking forward to what else you guys have planned for this device and any other devices.

Gyrian
12-26-2017, 10:48 AM
It's a goddamn beauty. You should consider producing a matching PCE console shell. :D