PDA

View Full Version : PCE Super SD System 3 - Terraonion New Product (Dec 2017)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

greatfunky
12-09-2017, 04:16 AM
i smell NO SHELLGATE or delays this year :)

And less worries for you , waiting between injection moulding machine until late hours.

neosd
12-09-2017, 04:21 AM
And less worries for you , waiting between injection moulding machine until late hours.

Donīt remember me that ...

At the end it was like 6 months until i shorted all with this factory when we should just get an smooth transaction.
Tons of kms driven to the factory, so many emails answered, people not happy.

To not have an answer for some questions such as when are we going to ship and so.

Thats why we switched to another place. I couldnīt live with this again

fille1976
12-09-2017, 04:32 AM
Looks very nice neosd,keep up the good work,i hope your next project will be sega cd,instant buy for me,you bring quality to us.

fenikso
12-09-2017, 04:39 AM
On an ASIDE.... for all the non-weirdoe people who are looking to play the device... and are not so "tech orientated"...

I can supply you a "Link"...

You may PM me or come into chat... for the "Link"...

xROTx

PS. This is until I can think of a way to do this without getting my ass in trouble... because I forsee that we may have certain posts coming up that would involve the mod team to frown upon...

Thanks for the help, Rot.

PS - Shell looks toight.

legolas119
12-09-2017, 04:45 AM
That system should work fine, but you're paying a lot for a RGB mod that you won't need.

That cable in the second link should work fine, although I don't know anything about the quality.

I hope to have a discount from that seller because i already buy some consoles and games and the last one (dreamcast) had problems, so I will ask a discount. This console seems in good conditions. He has the white version too: http://www.ebay.it/itm/Console-Nec-Pc-Engine-RGB-Mod-THS7374-Manette-Autofire/401442605471?hash=item5d77d8099f:g:3uoAAOSw9hdaDHP n that is a little cheaper and in good conditions too.

Do you think that i can buy? I asked him if the capacitors are new, he wrote that the console is cleaned and completely fixed and reconditioned...

fenikso
12-09-2017, 04:59 AM
I hope to have a discount from that seller because i already buy some consoles and games and the last one (dreamcast) had problems, so I will ask a discount. This console seems in good conditions. He has the white version too: http://www.ebay.it/itm/Console-Nec-Pc-Engine-RGB-Mod-THS7374-Manette-Autofire/401442605471?hash=item5d77d8099f:g:3uoAAOSw9hdaDHP n that is a little cheaper and in good conditions too.

Do you think that i can buy? I asked him if the capacitors are new, he wrote that the console is cleaned and completely fixed and reconditioned...

The RGB mod is entirely pointless, if you're going to be using Terraonion's new product. Why waste the extra money? Don't get me wrong: IF buying that particular system makes you happy then get it, but I'd just as soon buy a beater PCE and recondition it myself, (which is exactly what I'm doing) than spend extra money on an unnecessary mod. Just my two cents, man.

GadgetUK
12-09-2017, 06:06 AM
Ok guys,

First production update comes today

Mould has finished the polishment stage and we got samples of the final pieces, those SAMPLES are in solid black but FINAL PIECES WILL BE TRANSPARENT SMOKE BLACK

Those pictures are good to see how the shells will look like :

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/sd_system_3_shells_1.jpg
http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/sd_system_3_shells_2.jpg
http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/sd_system_3_shells_3.jpg
http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/sd_system_3_shells_4.jpg

I hope you all like those
Awesome =D

Gyrian
12-09-2017, 06:55 AM
Still no luck with ordering, but will keep trying. Bank's in the loop. The shell is looking great, nice work. :D

Sadly, however... I don't know how to tell you this, NeoSD team. But you were too late. This product didn't come out early enough to save this poor victim. Let's take a moment of silence.

https://imgur.com/H7p3Ee4.jpg

And yes, this is up for sale at eBay at this very moment. ;__;

legolas119
12-09-2017, 07:19 AM
The RGB mod is entirely pointless, if you're going to be using Terraonion's new product. Why waste the extra money? Don't get me wrong: IF buying that particular system makes you happy then get it, but I'd just as soon buy a beater PCE and recondition it myself, (which is exactly what I'm doing) than spend extra money on an unnecessary mod. Just my two cents, man.

Thanks! Unfortunately i'm not able to recondition it myself :/ I need a PC Engine already fixed from the seller. OK i will continue to search a cheaper console (but in good condition). I found some console (ONLY console) at 60$ but I have to add joypad and a power supply adaptor, (i'm in europe) and multiple shipping cost...more or less i will spend in any case about 110/120$ in total...the best way is to buy console+joypad+power supply, in this way i can save money I think...

legolas119
12-09-2017, 07:23 AM
I ordered 2 Core Grafx Systems from this seller.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEC-Pc-Engine-Core-Grafx-console-only-Japanese-console-Working-condition/122806215472?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Messaged him in regards to combined shipping and hooked me up with e-express for a few extra bucks, go's by Frankie lol. Seems to be a nice guy. I wasn't looking for anything Minty, just in good shape, that works. Seems like the kind of guy that might give a discount if you buy multiple units.

thanks! But unfortunately it says "this item will NOT ship to Brazil , Argentina, Italy" and I'm in Italy :(
In any case I have to add a joypad (in good condition) and a power supply plus shipping cost, so, more or less, I will spend for sure at least 100/110 euro in total I think...
I don't know if the RGB cable included in the link that i send you is a Megadrive 2 scart cable...I hope so! In this case I can avoid to buy it. I will ask this to the seller. That RGB cable is for the RGB output of the PC Engine, but i don't know if it has the same RGB out of the Megadrive 2...

neosd
12-09-2017, 07:25 AM
Just go give some light about where to purchase consoles :

We bought 8 coregrafx (without controllers) for 35 euros each at yahoo auctions some weeks ago.

There are some good auctions there for consoles without accesories or games, worth to have a look there ...

SirRockALot
12-09-2017, 08:05 AM
All pasive.

We have to open our mega drive 2 cables by monday cause we have been told those have resistors inside and may cause some issues, we havenīt seen any issues using those MD2 cables on different tvs btw

A Mega Drive 2 cable absolutely is supposed to have components in them!! 470Ohm on the sync line, coupling capacitors & 75Ohm resistors on the RGB lines. If it doesn't it's improperly constructed and in fact not compatible with an actual Mega Drive 2 or standard SCART device. For instance, like you mentioned before, both the Mega Drive and your device outputs TTL level csync. A OSSC / normal European SCART TV does not accept TTL level csync so there needs to be a resistor in the cable.

'Works on my TV' is not a good metric. There's absolutely no question about what a Mega Drive 2 outputs, what components should be in the cable and what voltage levels are correct on the SCART connector. Anything else and you risk results from image quality problems to equipment failure.

See here for properly constructed Mega Drive 2 cables containing the right capacitors and resistors:

https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/sega/mega-drive-2/sega-mega-drive-2-sega-genesis-2-rgb-av-scart-cable-tv-lead
https://www.ebay.com/itm/US-seller-Genesis-2-32X-CDX-RGB-SCART-cable-with-Csync-no-jailbars-/201309414919

If you open your cables and there are no resistors and capacitors in them, you have defective cables. If your device only works with cables that lack these components, you are not compatible with Mega Drive 2 cables and need to change the device or cable specification.

Rot
12-09-2017, 08:09 AM
A Mega Drive 2 cable absolutely is supposed to have components in them!! 470Ohm on the sync line, coupling capacitors & 75Ohm resistors on the RGB lines. If it doesn't it's improperly constructed and in fact not compatible with an actual Mega Drive 2 or standard SCART device. For instance, like you mentioned before, both the Mega Drive and your device outputs TTL level csync. A OSSC / normal European SCART TV does not accept TTL level csync so there needs to be a resistor in the cable.

'Works on my TV' is not a good metric. There's absolutely no question about what a Mega Drive 2 outputs, what components should be in the cable and what voltage levels are correct on the SCART connector. Anything else and you risk results from image quality problems to equipment failure.

See here for properly constructed Mega Drive 2 cables containing the right capacitors and resistors:

https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/sega/mega-drive-2/sega-mega-drive-2-sega-genesis-2-rgb-av-scart-cable-tv-lead
https://www.ebay.com/itm/US-seller-Genesis-2-32X-CDX-RGB-SCART-cable-with-Csync-no-jailbars-/201309414919

If you open your cables and there are no resistors and capacitors in them, you have defective cables. If your device only works with cables that lack these components, you are not compatible with Mega Drive 2 cables and need to change the device or cable specification.

Calm down Boris... Relax... it'll be fine..

funkychimp
12-09-2017, 08:09 AM
Hi,

I am still unable to purchase :(

I have tried using three different credit cards. All from the UK being used from the UK. I am not using any kind of VPN or hidden IP Address.

Still getting the 'Data error. Contact the merchant.'

I have contacted my Credit Card companies who state that nothing has hit their end.

Has anybody else managed to order from the UK?

Thanks in advance

funkychimp

SirRockALot
12-09-2017, 08:18 AM
Calm down Boris... Relax... it'll be fine..

How do you know I'm Boris and that things will be fine!?!

But yes, I would very much assume that people than can build a PCE ODE can figure out what to output from their A/V socket. That said, there's frequently a very 'ah well, seems to work' attitude in the retro gaming maker community about these things. And then we get Superguns blowing up our SCART switches and HDMI GameCubes shorting themselves out. So I get a bit nervous when people say their recommended MD2 cable shouldn't have any resistors in it ;-)

neosd
12-09-2017, 08:25 AM

But yes, I would very much assume that people than can build a PCE ODE can figure out what to output from their A/V socket. That said, there's frequently a very 'ah well, seems to work' attitude in the retro gaming maker community about these things. And then we get Superguns blowing up our SCART switches and HDMI GameCubes shorting themselves out. So I get a bit nervous when people say their recommended MD2 cable shouldn't have any resistors in it ;-)

Donīt worry,

We will check that by monday, we havenīt noticed any issue with our tvs and regular megadrive 2 cables and we thought aswel that those cables were pasive.

We are on time to change values of the resistors on the pcb as soldering process will start by thursday but we donīt think those are needed at all.

At worst scenario we will build 100% pasive cables and everyone is happy but i donīt think we are going to need that at all.

We have to open our cables and see if those have resistors or not, be patient please. I am not the tech head but NEODEV has it shorted

fenikso
12-09-2017, 08:27 AM
Thanks! Unfortunately i'm not able to recondition it myself :/ I need a PC Engine already fixed from the seller. OK i will continue to search a cheaper console (but in good condition). I found some console (ONLY console) at 60$ but I have to add joypad and a power supply adaptor, (i'm in europe) and multiple shipping cost...more or less i will spend in any case about 110/120$ in total...the best way is to buy console+joypad+power supply, in this way i can save money I think...

I don't know, man... can you contact that seller and see if he has any non RGB modded systems that he could sell you cheaper? That auction you linked to also had a scart cable that you won't need (I'm assuming it wasn't an MD2 cable).

Otherwise get NeoSD to sell you one of his... he apparently has eight of them J/K :lolz:

Rot
12-09-2017, 08:27 AM

I'll tell you again...

Relax.. Neosd has this man... you're coming across a bit aggressive...

And you're gonna find out why I told you to calm down...

7 day war room lock... perma maybe...

neosd
12-09-2017, 08:31 AM
Calm down, if we have to include a pasive cable with each Super SD System 3, we will. We already considered that but took the decision to not do it cause it was another factory to deal with so more work for us.

No one is going to be upset for such thing, we already sent free neosd shells back in the day to everyone as we promissed.

Our goal is to sell but we preffer to have everyone happy and less money on the back at all.

Rot
12-09-2017, 08:31 AM
Call down, if we have to include a pasive cable with each Super SD System 3, we will. We already considered that but took the decision to not do it cause it was another factory to deal with so more work for us.

No one is going to be upset for such thing, we already sent free neosd shells back in the day to everyone as we promissed.

Our goal is to sell but we preffer to have everyone happy and less money on the back at all.

Anyone else?... I mean... Neosd doesn't mind tech questions...

However... there were lots of warnings in this thread that I was here... I even told you that if you're gonna reply to me, do it carefully...

Depending on how I'm feeling... you could end up perma fubared...

xROTx

faselei!
12-09-2017, 08:34 AM
Just ordered mine from UK paying by mastercard credit card, no issues.

Anyway awesome product guys! Congratulations!! ...although it'll be a shame to relegate the cd/briefcase unit I put together from junk purchases...getting the silver rf box off the core pcb was was a burnt fingers low point..

neosd
12-09-2017, 08:36 AM
Anyone else?... I mean... Neosd doesn't mind tech questions...

However... there were lots of warnings in this thread that I was here... I even told you that if you're gonna reply to me, do it carefully...

Depending on how I'm feeling... you could end up perma fubared...

xROTx

Rot, thats ok.

i wont to mess your work but we are ok with everyone asking about things and showing concerns.

Our hardware is designed to be used with a 100% pasive cable.

We never realized mega drive 2 cables had resistors until yesterday, we understand this may cause an issue on some setups but we never had those issues using mega drive 2 cables on our tvs.

So we will open our cables, and do some tests by monday.

If we see the need of put a 100% pasive cable with each SD System 3, we will do, respecting the sales price without any rise.

No problem about that, everyone will be happy.

End of drama

radiantsvgun
12-09-2017, 09:12 AM
How do you And then we get Superguns blowing up our SCART switches

Maybe don't buy an overpriced cut rate switcher?

Rot
12-09-2017, 09:18 AM

He can't hear you... he'll have to view this thread while logged out for a while...

I will admit... the question was valid... but the tone of the posts from a new member was wrong...

A little respect and caution would've gone a long way...

xROTx

PS. I hope this lesson will be learned by all...

Ask the question... Neosd answers them all...

EDIT. But never for one minute think because Neosd is professional enough to answer... that I will like how you ask it...

nio
12-09-2017, 09:33 AM

I partly missed that one. You mean that gw scart switches?
Do dou remember which supergun broke them?

FAT$TACKS
12-09-2017, 09:34 AM
This is one of the coolest things I've seen in a while.

X68
12-09-2017, 09:41 AM
Donīt worry,

We will check that by monday, we havenīt noticed any issue with our tvs and regular megadrive 2 cables and we thought aswel that those cables were pasive.

We are on time to change values of the resistors on the pcb as soldering process will start by thursday but we donīt think those are needed at all.

At worst scenario we will build 100% pasive cables and everyone is happy but i donīt think we are going to need that at all.

We have to open our cables and see if those have resistors or not, be patient please. I am not the tech head but NEODEV has it shorted

Professionally handled as always =]
Makes sense to use passive cables, I thought it was a shame mini din rather than standard din socket was used just because the mini ones are such a ball ache to construct cables, plus you can't use super chunky cable.
I'll hang tight on making anything up - very much looking forward to getting delivery!

hyrulebr
12-09-2017, 09:43 AM
Rot, thats ok.

i wont to mess your work but we are ok with everyone asking about things and showing concerns.

We never realized mega drive 2 cables had resistors until yesterday, we understand this may cause an issue on some setups but we never had those issues using mega drive 2 cables on our tvs.

If we see the need of put a 100% pasive cable with each SD System 3, we will do, respecting the sales price without any rise.

End of drama

Some info about MD 2 cables with or without components:

https://db-electronics.ca/2016/06/30/dbgrafx-booster-not-every-scart-cable-is-created-equal/

chrisr
12-09-2017, 10:18 AM
When you sort out what exactly you need in these cables, you should send the specs to Retro Access and Retro Gaming Cables. I'm sure both would be willing to market a cable that is perfectly tuned to the Super SD System 3. (I've had a bunch of experience asking Retro Access for special items and they are absolutely stellar.)

wyo
12-09-2017, 11:09 AM

I wish all these autistic cable fagets would kill themselves.

funkychimp
12-09-2017, 11:12 AM
Just ordered mine from UK paying by mastercard credit card, no issues.

Anyway awesome product guys! Congratulations!! ...although it'll be a shame to relegate the cd/briefcase unit I put together from junk purchases...getting the silver rf box off the core pcb was was a burnt fingers low point..

Thanks, I managed to get it ordered in the end.

funkychimp

Westcb
12-09-2017, 11:15 AM
I’m in the USA and was able to complete the transaction via Visa just now. At first attempt it was denied by my bank but you have to get to a screen that asks if you want to pay US dollars or Euros first to know if it’s your bank or the site that is not working. Once I was able to get to that screen I got a fraud alert text alert that I was able to verify and after that it went through smoothly. Both attempts yesterday only got me as far as the checkout screen where I put in my CC and error’d with contact merchant. Both of those attempts it was the merchant side (as he reported max sales were reached at that time.) This did not work at all earlier this morning either so it appears to be working now if any one else state side is ready to give it another try.

RAZO
12-09-2017, 11:15 AM
I wish all these autistic cable fagets would kill themselves.

I'm With you.

Rot
12-09-2017, 11:31 AM
I'd like to clarify something about my recent decision to fook over SirCockALot...

Neosd did not mind answering the question... even though SirCock posted like some sort of privileged internet warrior...

Infact... Neosd told me off for doing what I did so I'll tell you guys what I said to him...

The fact is... there is a way to participate on NG.com... and rightly or wrongly... a n00b posting the way he did is in my view disrepectfully to the project and the community he just joined....

... It's for me to draw the line upon occassion...

Basically... if you're gonna post like an aggressive twat... make sure you have the rep behind you... and if you're new around these parts... the lesson is there for one and all...

xROTx

RevQuixo
12-09-2017, 11:34 AM
I’m in the USA and was able to complete the transaction via Visa just now. At first attempt it was denied by my bank but you have to get to a screen that asks if you want to pay US dollars or Euros first to know if it’s your bank or the site that is not working. Once I was able to get to that screen I got a fraud alert text alert that I was able to verify and after that it went through smoothly. Both attempts yesterday only got me as far as the checkout screen where I put in my CC and error’d with contact merchant. Both of those attempts it was the merchant side (as he reported max sales were reached at that time.) This did not work at all earlier this morning either so it appears to be working now if any one else state side is ready to give it another try.

I just got the merchant side error. Not even getting far enough to get the fraud alert. Two different visa cards with different banks if it makes a difference.

neosd
12-09-2017, 12:03 PM
I just got the merchant side error. Not even getting far enough to get the fraud alert. Two different visa cards with different banks if it makes a difference.

My two friends working on the BBVA were able to source the issue.

We have set a daily sales limit to USA, just to USA
We also have a rule that blocks any transaction that is highter than 900 euros, this may be blocking some transactions.
if you buy 900 euros with a card you will not be able to buy more with the same card on the same day.

So by monday those rules are going to be changed/removed, in the meanwhile we have to deal with those unfortunally.

Sorry for the inconvenience, we have a really high sales number per day on the payment system but we were not expecting those numbers we are having at all.

RevQuixo
12-09-2017, 12:09 PM
My two friends working on the BBVA were able to source the issue.

We have set a daily sales limit to USA, just to USA
We also have a rule that blocks any transaction that is highter than 900 euros, this may be blocking some transactions.
if you buy 900 euros with a card you will not be able to buy more with the same card on the same day.

So by monday those rules are going to be changed/removed, in the meanwhile we have to deal with those unfortunally.

Sorry for the inconvenience, we have a really high sales number per day on the payment system but we were not expecting those numbers we are having at all.

No problem..I can wait. Still need to get a pc-engine/core grafx...

**Stares disapprovingly at his Turbo Duo**

fenikso
12-09-2017, 12:09 PM
Sounds like you guys have a real winner on your hands. 'Grats.

neosd
12-09-2017, 12:13 PM
Sounds like you guys have a real winner on your hands. 'Grats.

Honestly, we were not really sure about doing a pcengine product when we started it. I mean, its a great system but not as popular as snes.

We did it cause it was a pretty nice product to develop at all. We just wanted to make it, so we took the risk and it seems it was worth to develop at all on the sales side.

Thanks to everyone for the patience with the payment system

xterc
12-09-2017, 12:33 PM
Neosd/Neodev,

You're products are obviously excellently designed & manufactured, while at the same time your company is relatively new to this particular 'scene'. I'm sure there is a lot of fascinating history behind your company and its ethos. Is there a chance that in the future there could be a 'behind the scenes' look at how this all came about? You've mentioned some of the information in the forum and on chat, but I think the community would be interested.

Maybe it is just me?

neosd
12-09-2017, 12:36 PM
Neosd/Neodev,

You're products are obviously excellently designed & manufactured, while at the same time your company is relatively new to this particular 'scene'. I'm sure there is a lot of fascinating history behind your company and its ethos. Is there a chance that in the future there could be a 'behind the scenes' look at how this all came about? You've mentioned some of the information in the forum and on chat, but I think the community would be interested.

Maybe it is just me?

I am sure we will have the time to tell a nice story in the future.

So far we are still trying to build bigger things, this is the main focus now.

LDigital
12-09-2017, 02:24 PM
Hi Neosd
For someone who hasn’t done it before, Do you have any recommendations on a programme for ripping my cd games and prepping my folders ahead of time?

FilthyRear
12-09-2017, 02:29 PM
Are you planning on selling these through
StoneAgeGamer like the neosd?

neosd
12-09-2017, 02:46 PM
Are you planning on selling these through
StoneAgeGamer like the neosd?

We plan so but we donīt have a date honestly. We first need to deliver our own sales, it will take some time until we are ready to distribute those.

Hi Neosd
For someone who hasn’t done it before, Do you have any recommendations on a programme for ripping my cd games and prepping my folders ahead of time?

If you are going to rip your games, i would recomend to contribute to redump.org

RAZO
12-09-2017, 02:53 PM
Hi Neosd

TurboRip

neodev
12-09-2017, 02:55 PM
Hi Neosd

We'll probably add a tutorial to the manual so people can dump their own cds.
Any program that can rip to cue+bin should work, then you must place all the files (cue+bin) in a folder in the sd card, each cd must be in its own folder (at the root folder or inside another one, that doesn't mind, as the cart allows you to navigate the directories).
There is a 1024 files&directories limit per directory so if you have more than 1024 cds or hucards in a dir, you must create another directory and split the files.

It's hard to explain in a post, we'll add it to a manual.

legolas119
12-09-2017, 03:12 PM

thanks, i know that retrogamingcables builds good cables, i have already bought cables there.
Do you think that this cable could be good?
http://www.ebay.it/itm/Sega-Mega-Drive-2-II-High-Quality-GOLD-PLATED-RGB-Scart-TV-Lead-Video-Cable/261091969356?hash=item3cca4b494c:g:n10AAOSwstxVAgv v

Rot
12-09-2017, 03:14 PM
thanks, i know that retrogamingcables builds good cables, i have already bought cables there.
Do you think that this cable could be good?
http://www.ebay.it/itm/Sega-Mega-Drive-2-II-High-Quality-GOLD-PLATED-RGB-Scart-TV-Lead-Video-Cable/261091969356?hash=item3cca4b494c:g:n10AAOSwstxVAgv v

SirCockalot is dead to us....

I have decided his War room lock is permanent... that is the way it will be...

You wanna complain about it?

DirkSwizzler
12-09-2017, 03:20 PM

While this is a very gracious offer. And I want the device nomatter how it outputs. Making a non-spec MD2 cable to work with it seems like a quick fix instead of the correct fix. Especially since people will never agree on how long a cable should be and whether it should bias towards being cheaper or bias towards more shielding.

I would highly recommend pursuing this path. If not, I know I'll personally be opening the Super SD System 3 to make it work with the official MD2 spec just so I can use a retrogamingcables.co.uk md2 packapunch cable.

I know someone is going to recommend opening up an existing cable and modify it. But then I have to make sure my cables are clearly labelled on both ends at all times because they look identical. And I've had problems labelling the console end of a cable. Having to pick between something that looks clean but doesn't stay attached, or something that looks like crappy flag but won't go anywhere ever.

Plus, added bonus. If it's official MD2 spec, then people can use HD Retrovision YPbPr cables as well.

Rot
12-09-2017, 03:23 PM
Blah de blah...

Welcome to the War room...

FUCKIN NEXT PLEASE!

Kid Panda
12-09-2017, 03:58 PM

FUCKIN NEXT PLEASE!

:lolz:

neosd
12-09-2017, 04:06 PM
While this is a very gracious offer. And I want the device nomatter how it outputs. Making a non-spec MD2 cable to work with it seems like a quick fix instead of the correct fix.

We apreciate you suggestions, thanks.

We are glad everyone here has the rights to speak, and i personally love no one deletes coments.

I understand your frustation about not being able to use ps2 cables on xbox, or xbox cables on Super SD System 3

We are Spanish and we know pretty well that everyone has the national soccer coach inside, they all know how to win the world cup while the actual coach dosenīt.

This dosenīt means the best solution is to use the ps2 connector or the megadrive 1 connector instead of the mega drive 2 type mini-din conector we have choosen for Super SD System 3, at the end its just a connector, nothing else.

There are more things to take in mind while producing electronics and plastic shells that one would imagine speaking from a bar with a beer on his hand.

So thanks, we will be fine with the actual mini-din connector and pasive cables or whatever decision we take about this subject.

Rot
12-09-2017, 04:07 PM
Lemme see... timeline...

FIRST Neosd Release:
1. Threatening Phonecalls to Neosd...
2. Attacks on our server...

SECOND Neosd Release:
1. Bullshit Pre-order of vapourware...
2. Bullshit review of vapourware when the PCE Sd was announced...
3. Bullshit questions about a MD 2 RGB cable... that is an non-issue...
4. Bullshit Tag team by recently activated members...

FFS...

xROTx

PS. I am going to apply a NEW mod'ding style in this thread... I've been nice so far... but now I'm going scorched Earth on Anyone... ANYONE that irritates me... NO EXCEPTIONS!

Rot
12-09-2017, 04:15 PM
hyrulebr... WAR ROOM LOCKED.... (http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?273291-PCE-Super-SD-System-3-Terraonion-New-Product-(Dec-2017)&p=4256634&viewfull=1#post4256634)

strygo... on notice...
legolas119... on notice...

I aint gonna be messing around now...

xROTx

turdkind
12-09-2017, 04:16 PM

FUCKIN NEXT PLEASE!

I get banning SirRockALot for being aggressive, but these are legit technical questions about a new product and having the information and responses from neosd are helpful.

fille1976
12-09-2017, 04:18 PM
On the arcade projects forum was also a dickhead that was talking without knowing anything,yodd told him what the device is,but no,its not an ode for him,but a full emulator,and you could not use real arcade or other system cards,that was his conclusion,while it was fault,yodd told him you could use real or the build in cards,if you read that bullshit from those darkcraps people,you wanna hit them really hard with something.
The best part was that this device ruin the retro feel for him,there it stops.

Rot
12-09-2017, 04:18 PM
I get banning SirRockALot for being aggressive, but these are legit technical questions about a new product and having the information and responses from neosd are helpful.

Not your decision...

I aint in the mood to be explaining stuff... but the way I see it is.... it seems we have had sleeper accounts joining for this moment....

This will be the end of this discussion... you wanna complain.. PM me..

xROTx

neosd
12-09-2017, 04:23 PM
On the arcade projects forum was also a dickhead that was talking without knowing anything,yodd told him what the device is,but no,its not an ode for him,but a full emulator,and you could not use real arcade or other system cards,that was his conclusion,while it was fault,yodd told him you could use real or the build in cards,if you read that bullshit from those darkcraps people,you wanna hit them really hard with something.
The best part was that this device ruin the retro feel for him,there it stops.

An arcade card is nothing more than a rom and 2mb of ram soldered into a pcb, there is nothing to process anything there, just storage.

Some comments on those forums are more comedy than other things, i heard you can have a funny moment while reading those :)

Anyways, this is nothing strange, we are in 2017 and there are still people thinking the earth is flat.

fille1976
12-09-2017, 04:33 PM
Some people neosd are full of blabla and much crap,you explain them how it works,but they live in their own world.
So better stop arguing with that people.

neosd
12-09-2017, 04:36 PM
Some people neosd are full of blabla and much crap,you explain them how it works,but they live in their own world.
So better stop arguing with that people.

Believe it or not, i donīt actually read those forums, all i know about is what others told me. That they ban people, they delete posts from users when they do annoying questions about theyr inconsistent claims and so.

Not a place i would like to visit in 21st century, this is more like medieval age, atleast on the censorship side. Glad we already passed those DarkAges

zbr
12-09-2017, 04:56 PM
This is the device I've been waiting for for years! Great work.
Just one question, does it output S-Video?

fille1976
12-09-2017, 04:57 PM
@zbr:composite and rgb,its in the 1st post.
Read it and watch that video please.

neodev
12-09-2017, 05:00 PM
Believe it or not, i donīt actually read those forums, all i know about is what others told me. That they ban people, they delete posts from users when they do annoying questions about theyr inconsistent claims and so.

Not a place i would like to visit in 21st century, this is more like medieval age, atleast on the censorship side. Glad we already passed those DarkAges

You can actually use an actual system card and it will work. There is not HLE, it's the cd controller running on the fpga, the SCSI interface,the ADPCM decoder and the arcade card, all running in the fpga. The fact that it works with standard system cards proves that the implementation is low level enough to make it believe it's a real cd briefcase what's on the expansion port

Rot
12-09-2017, 05:04 PM

It could be argued... I do the same here...

Censorship aint my thingy tho... However, when I need to make a point... I'll do it openly and publically...

xROTx

RevQuixo
12-09-2017, 05:06 PM
I just got an order through..so either something has reset or I got lucky. Either way, Yay!

Syn
12-09-2017, 05:17 PM
I just got an order through..so either something has reset or I got lucky. Either way, Yay!

Spain is about 6 hours ahead of the East Coast so it's the next day and a great opportunity for US buyers to snag one.

zbr
12-09-2017, 05:24 PM
Thanks.
I was wondering more like whether it is just the RGB and composite output or is it also capable of outputting S-Video, like with a DIY cable or maybe a simple mod (I apologize if technically this is impossible and sounds ridiculous).

Rot
12-09-2017, 05:26 PM
Thanks.
I was wondering more like whether it is just the RGB and composite output or is it also capable of outputting S-Video, like with a DIY cable or maybe a simple mod (I apologize if technically this is impossible and sounds ridiculous).

It outputs in pure rgb.. get your own scaler...

That's the end to this convo... you may continue to ask other questions... however... i'd suggest reading this thread THOROUGHLY!

...because I aint in the mood for guys who either can't read or pretend to be dumb...

xROTx

fenikso
12-09-2017, 05:50 PM
Thanks.

Owing to the fact that it's using the same pinout as a Genesis/MD2 it will only be composite and RGB on the av port. Whether it's possible to tap chroma and luma seperately from the board isn't known/hasn't been disclosed.

Recap
12-09-2017, 06:38 PM
Hi,

Coolest PCE project one can think of, honestly. And glad to learn it's Spanish, no less. Hope it all ends well for you -- had to log in here after a decade or so (!) just to say thanks for it.

However, even if I mostly read the whole thread I found little to zero discussion about compatibility, which I believe it's a key subject, so let me ask -- do you expect some issues being reported with the time once the people extensively play the CD games (I mean proper ROM images, if that thing actually exists or can be done) or are you confident enough in your own tests? I guess firmware updates are not discarded for this matter?

I'm thinking in Rhea/Phoebe for the Sega Saturn, for instance -- another amazing device but sadly, it's not 100 %-compatible, though the author kindly listened to the userbase and many issues were solved little by little.

Also, this may sound like a silly request, but could an option to simulate the original CD reading/access times be possible? Many people who never had a CD-ROM-ROM system may be interested in knowing how exactly were those originally and in emulating the experience as close as possible at some point. Just wondering, anyway.

As for the necessary MD2 RGB cable thingie -- I think the subject is indeed quite relevant and no wonder many people will be waiting for a final statment on it before deciding the purchase, so in case more opinions are of use since it seems the final product is still to come, I agree that Mega Drive + C-sync SCART does imply non-passive cables, given that SCART is meant for PAL TV sets (in actuality, C-sync was never aimed at PAL TV sets to begin with, but that's not the point we should consider here). Though I'm not sure what's exactly the issue here -- why the cable has to be passive when used with your device? Because it has a built-in amplifier?

(How's the RGB signal quality you get from all the different PCE (modded) models, by the way? Any tests of this somewhere you know of?)

greedostick
12-09-2017, 07:03 PM
@NeoSD.

I asked before but never got an answer. Is there Games Express CD Rom support? Or would it be able to be implemented in the future via firmware update?

With support for those games, I "think" we would have compatibility for all PC Engine games.

Gyrian
12-09-2017, 07:05 PM
Spain is about 6 hours ahead of the East Coast so it's the next day and a great opportunity for US buyers to snag one.

This. After far too many tries this morning, I gave it another go just before posting this and it's gone through without issues!

F4U57
12-09-2017, 09:36 PM
Rot Rampage! :keke:

... carry on.

NightWolve
12-09-2017, 10:38 PM
Interesting product for PC Engine fans, finally a mount option for ISO/WAV/CUE CD image file sets. Can't really justify buying it though as an owner of a Turbo Duo and the Turbo Everdrive flashcart, but it is tempting.

Could be useful for CD translation projects instead of burning CD-Rs for testing all the time I guess but Windows PC emulators were good enough and it's half real hardware/half emulation so you'd still need a real 100% system to catch quirks regardless.

Anyway, it's an impressive accomplishment by the developers so hat tip to you!

BenG76
12-09-2017, 10:47 PM
Finally got my order through. Looking forward to getting one.

Mega
12-09-2017, 11:19 PM
Amazing looking product. Holding off for the first post release reviews but definitely on my radar. I'm in awe how these guys come out with this stuff out of nowhere and it's just plainly far ahead of whatever competitors are doing.

greedostick
12-09-2017, 11:31 PM
Might be a good time to ask, what american power supplies work with the Original White PCE and the Core Grafx?

Looks like the PCE uses Direct Current 9v 650mA.

Similar to many US power supplies, but they seem to use AC.

Perhaps I have a compatible PSU lying around with all these loose Genesis 1, and Sega CD model 2, and Trio's.

Some new PSU's readily available online, that provide clean power, might be better though.

turdkind
12-10-2017, 12:40 AM
Might be a good time to ask, what american power supplies work with the Original White PCE and the Core Grafx?

Looks like the PCE uses Direct Current 9v 650mA.

Similar to many US power supplies, but they seem to use AC.

Perhaps I have a compatible PSU lying around with all these loose Genesis 1, and Sega CD model 2, and Trio's.

Some new PSU's readily available online, that provide clean power, might be better though.

I'm using a replacement power supply for my Model 1 Genesis and Sega CD made by Retro Game Supply (trio model without 32X attached) that seems to work well. No A/V issues, doesn't run hot. They have one for the PC Engine:

https://en.retrogamesupply.com/collections/pc-engine/products/power-supply-for-nec-pc-engine-coregrafx-1-2

Syn
12-10-2017, 12:57 AM
Funny, I just ordered a SuperGrafx power supply from them a few minutes ago.

dl1955
12-10-2017, 12:59 AM
On an ASIDE.... for all the non-weirdoe people who are looking to play the device... and are not so "tech orientated"...

I can supply you a "Link"...

You may PM me or come into chat... for the "Link"...

xROTx

PS. This is until I can think of a way to do this without getting my ass in trouble... because I forsee that we may have certain posts coming up that would involve the mod team to frown upon...

Thank you for your help Rot. :)

neosd
12-10-2017, 03:06 AM
However, even if I mostly read the whole thread I found little to zero discussion about compatibility, which I believe it's a key subject, so let me ask -- do you expect some issues being reported with the time once the people extensively play the CD games (I mean proper ROM images, if that thing actually exists or can be done) or are you confident enough in your own tests? I guess firmware updates are not discarded for this matter?

I'm thinking in Rhea/Phoebe for the Sega Saturn, for instance -- another amazing device but sadly, it's not 100 %-compatible, though the author kindly listened to the userbase and many issues were solved little by little.

Also, this may sound like a silly request, but could an option to simulate the original CD reading/access times be possible? Many people who never had a CD-ROM-ROM system may be interested in knowing how exactly were those originally and in emulating the experience as close as possible at some point. Just wondering, anyway.

We have tried a huge lot of games and we havenīt seen any issues on the actual firmware, but yes we expect issues to come as the catalog is huge so this makes impossible to play each game from start to end.

As in neosd we can update both fpga and arm by firmware update, so we will fix any issue it may show and we will submit a firmware update if needed.

About simulating the original CD reading/access speeds?
I donīt think this makes any sense, whats the point about making load times larger ? thats the only difference you will find with the cd drive.

Thanks

legolas119
12-10-2017, 04:18 AM
hi guys, just to recap. It is necessary an RGB cable for Megadrive 2 and it is really important that this cable has capacitors and resistors, like this: https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/sega-mega-drive-2-sega-genesis-2-rgb-av-scart-cable-tv-lead

Am I right? With shipping cost that cable is really expensive (30Ģ!!!!); I know a guy who builds scart RGB cables here in Italy, he can build what I need, but it is cheaper. Can you tell me all the correct informations for the RGB cable? So I will tell him to build it exactly with right specifications.

thanks!

neodev
12-10-2017, 04:22 AM
hi guys, just to recap. It is necessary an RGB cable for Megadrive 2 and it is really important that this cable has capacitors and resistors, like this: https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/sega-mega-drive-2-sega-genesis-2-rgb-av-scart-cable-tv-lead

Am I right? With shipping cost that cable is really expensive (30Ģ!!!!); I know a guy who builds scart RGB cables here in Italy, he can build what I need, but it is cheaper. Can you tell me all the correct informations for the RGB cable? So I will tell him to build it exactly with right specifications.

thanks!

Please, wait a few days, we are deciding if removing the AC coupling from the cart and use a proper MD2/genesis2 cable or leaving it as is and using a passive cable. We'll have a decision in a couple of days.

fenikso
12-10-2017, 04:56 AM
If making it 100% compatible with MD2 cables would enable me to use HD Retrovision's cable, that I already own, then I'm for. For all I know, though, it's already compatible, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

bubba966
12-10-2017, 05:17 AM
While I don't have a Super SD or run RGB SCART this cable should work as it's Genny 2 pinout w/out resistors/caps.

https://www.arcadeworks.net/hardware/omega-neo-geo-rgb-scart-cable

X68
12-10-2017, 05:43 AM
Please, wait a few days, we are deciding if removing the AC coupling from the cart and use a proper MD2/genesis2 cable or leaving it as is and using a passive cable. We'll have a decision in a couple of days.

It's your party, make them whatever spec you want - as yourselves said before the mini din is just a connector.
I've contacted www.retrogamingcables.co.uk the chap there is very helpful and can supply passive cables with the md2 din plug, their cables are top notch.

legolas119
12-10-2017, 08:17 AM

Sure! I will wait your feedback in order to buy the right cable :)

RevQuixo
12-10-2017, 11:12 AM
Regarding the passive cable situation does anyone know what the DB GrafxBooster does to handle this:

https://db-electronics.ca/product/dbgrafx-booster-ttp/

I know it is compatible with stock genesis cables and the HD Retrovision cables. Since I would imagine some of us will be switching out from solutions such as this, it would be optimal to use a similar standard.

Either way, I'm excited for the product..already looking to rip my CDs in preparation.

Speaking of ripping and formats. Are there any plans to supports the Clone CD format? I know there is a debate out there on which format is "better" for PC Engine Games and different groups use different formats. Sorry if this has been asked already, didn't find it in my search.

Recap
12-10-2017, 11:52 AM
We have tried a huge lot of games and we havenīt seen any issues on the actual firmware, but yes we expect issues to come as the catalog is huge so this makes impossible to play each game from start to end.

As in neosd we can update both fpga and arm by firmware update, so we will fix any issue it may show and we will submit a firmware update if needed.

I donīt think this makes any sense, whats the point about making load times larger ? thats the only difference you will find with the cd drive.

Thanks

No, thank you for your answer.

The point is accuracy. Some people do like this approach, obviously just as an option for eventual testing. Like it or not, reading/access lapses were part of the experience. And you never know -- that may help with some possible bugs which may happen due to unexpected access times.

After re-reading a bit the posts regarding the cable issue and learning that you're still in time to make this kind of changes and even re-thinking the whole thing before production, I'd like to ask if 75-ohm C-sync output (against TTL-level) is still possible. I understand why you went with TTL C-sync -- it's the natural, traditional way from a technical standpoint. However, C-sync on RGB TV sets is becoming the defacto solution in Europe for CRT enthusiasts now the subject is getting more popular. Even most people using scan converters will need 75-ohm C-sync, and that's not just "Europe".

That way, a passive cable will do for any monitor. I'm sure some shops will start to sell these if they aren't already, given that your device is popular enough and those are easy to make. In other words, you wouldn't need to include a cable with your device since most people will demand a high-quality cable and you can't make everybody happy. For those expecting to use their remaining MD2 C-sync cables on this... I don't know, how many of you are there?

Just my opinion, if it serves!

famicommander
12-10-2017, 11:56 AM
Regarding the passive cable situation does anyone know what the DB GrafxBooster does to handle this:

https://db-electronics.ca/product/dbgrafx-booster-ttp/

I know it is compatible with stock genesis cables and the HD Retrovision cables. Since I would imagine some of us will be switching out from solutions such as this, it would be optimal to use a similar standard.

Either way, I'm excited for the product..already looking to rip my CDs in preparation.

Speaking of ripping and formats. Are there any plans to supports the Clone CD format? I know there is a debate out there on which format is "better" for PC Engine Games and different groups use different formats. Sorry if this has been asked already, didn't find it in my search.

I have this device already so it would be awesome if the cable I already have for it works.

greatfunky
12-10-2017, 12:24 PM
For me this cable story is not really a problem,
I ordered a passive cable, if it appears later that some more components are needed , then I'll take my soldering iron to add some resistors or capacitors....

If you talk about C-sync, TTL-level , ohms , signal level or anything like that you should have a soldering iron at home and the skill to fix it !
(according neosd recommendations of course)

RevQuixo
12-10-2017, 12:29 PM
For me this cable story is not really a problem,
I ordered a passive cable, if it appears later that some more components are needed , then I'll take my soldering iron to add some resistors or capacitors....

If you talk about C-sync, TTL-level , ohms , signal level or anything like that you should have a soldering iron at home and the skill to fix it !

Yeah that's the opposite of what we are talking about. 99% of people don't understand it and want cables that just work. If the box says "uses MD2" cables then the expectation is that standard MD2 cables work.

neosd
12-10-2017, 12:37 PM
If the box says "uses MD2" cables then the expectation is that standard MD2 cables work.

There is an easy way to solve that and it will fix the issue in a seccond : we just put the pinout of the connector on the box and we are all happy, you just make your cable or ask anyone else to make it. End of the story

BUT we want to give the best solution as far as possible.

We know we are not going to have everyone happy. But hey! this happens to us just cause we like to talk with our customers and not do whatever we want without asking about.

I wonder if anyone asks sony about the custom connector they use on theyr cosnoles or if sony would listen about that.

RESUMING :
We havenīt took a decision.
We know wathever decision we will take, someone will come complaining cause this is how we human beings are. We love to complain about things.

We will take one of those two solutions and we will move forward, people will continue to complain and life will continue.

greatfunky
12-10-2017, 12:45 PM
There is an easy way to solve that and it will fix the issue in a seccond : we just put the pinout of the connector on the box and we are all happy, you just make your cable or ask anyone else to make it. End of the story

We know we are not going to have everyone happy. But hey! this happens to us just cause we like to talk with our customers and not do whatever we want without asking about.

I wonder if anyone asks sony about the custom connector they use on theyr cosnoles or if sony would listen about that.

RESUMING :
We know wathever decision we will take, someone will come complaining cause this is how we human beings are. We love to complain about things.

We will take one of those two solutions and we will move forward, people will continue to complain and life will continue.

What a mess with those cables boys gang!:lolz:

Rot
12-10-2017, 12:49 PM

WELL... the lads always like to complain... the guys who regularly contribute here... like it and are supportive...

It seems we have a section of less "active" members who wish to make an issue out of what most of us don't even think is an issue...

Like Shell gate last time... we have dumb RGB gate this time...

Not to worry... I've got an eye on everything..:)

xROTx

PS. Tard's will always be tards... however... I have a cure...

neosd
12-10-2017, 12:51 PM
What a mess with those cables boys gang!:lolz:

Yes, people can keep discussing about that,

I want my car red, i want mine blue, make mine with 5 doors, i want it with 6 lights

We got pretty clear everyone here wants a different thing, totaly pasive cable or 100% gen2 spec.

We are not Solomon, we canīt get the child and split it in two parts. So we will do what we think its better and will move along, either way some guys will be upset.

RAZO
12-10-2017, 12:57 PM

RESUMING :

Your right. Just like that guy complaining about the AV connection being in the back because his shelves aren't deep enough. No matter what you do you will never make everyone happy.

These guys are confusing me with all this rgb cable talk about resistors and ohms and all this nerd shit that I don't know nothing about.

Rot
12-10-2017, 01:01 PM
Your right. Just like that guy complaining about the AV connection being in the back because his shelves aren't deep enough. No matter what you do you will never make everyone happy.

These guys are confusing me with all this rgb cable talk about resistors and ohms and all this nerd shit that I don't know nothing about.

RAZO... all you need to know... is... get the product... and then use a MD 2 lead...

Neosd has tested his out... over the past few months.. works fine....

These so called "MD 2" Brat pack are just about to get War room locked....

xROTx

PS. I would say it's a warning lads... but some of you wanna push it and see if I'm going to blink...

I'd suggest you MD 2 Cable guys who haven't contributed here in recent years to Look at my track record... and see if I do indeed... Blink..:keke:

Slugger
12-10-2017, 01:06 PM
If you have cable problems you should know who to call.

RAZO
12-10-2017, 01:24 PM
RAZO... all you need to know... is... get the product... and then use a MD 2 lead...

Neosd has tested his out... over the past few months.. works fine....

These so called "MD 2" Brat pack are just about to get War room locked....

xROTx

PS. I would say it's a warning lads... but some of you wanna push it and see if I'm going to blink...

I'd suggest you MD 2 Cable guys who haven't contributed here in recent years to Look at my track record... and see if I do indeed... Blink..:keke:

Thanks Bro. I mean that's initially what I thought. Take my Current MD2 RGB cable that I use and plug it into the Super Sd System, simple enough. Everything was all good till the cable gang started talking about passive, resistors, ohms. Started to make me 2nd guess if I need to buy another cable for this to work.

Rot
12-10-2017, 01:28 PM
Thanks Bro. I mean that's initially what I thought. Take my Current MD2 RGB cable that I use and plug it into the Super Sd System, simple enough. Everything was all good till the cable gang started talking about passive, resistors, ohms. Started to make me 2nd guess if I need to buy another cable for this to work.

YEAH... those guys are pissing me off... Neosd has had this device for MONTHS!

Tested it on mutiple variants of consoles... with a bog standard MD 2 lead...

My advice to the lads as always is... wait until you get the fuckin' thing... and stop speculating...

xROTx

PS. These "new" guys seem to feel they can just waltz in... and I feel seeing as I don't know who any of them are... they're all fookin' expendable..

Friend of Sonic
12-10-2017, 04:30 PM
Wow, we were all waiting on Deunan to create the PCE drive emulator, who is quite a capable person who produced great products for Saturn and DC... and NeoSD sneaks in another incredible product. I'm definitely going to grab one and keep my eye open on a SuperGrafx. I've always wanted one because I like the funky design of it.

Really awesome time right now in the modding community, so many neat projects coming out in the last 5 years.

NightWolve
12-10-2017, 04:31 PM
I can tell you with 100% certainty there's no point using CloneCD for PC Engine/Turbo CDs, it's unnecessary overkill. NEC game CDs follow standard Redbook & Yellowbook mixed mode rules, there's no copy protection whatsoever...

ISO/WAV/CUE is perfect for several reasons: 1) You can replace Japanese wave files with English fan dubs such as with Ys IV: The Dawn of Ys, and the upcoming Legend of Xanadu I & II due out in 2018, 2) Listen to any audio track any time, 3) Use specialized audio compression either lossless like APE or FLAC, or lossy encoding like OGG. MP3 is destructive to original wave size, this will cause game crash bugs if the original LBA TOC data isn't available, so people should cease MP3 use here...

Most pirate groups deploy BIN/CUE in a ZIP, and while you lose the above mentioned benefits, they're perfectly fine archives, smaller than CloneCD. Anyway, like I said, CloneCD is overkill, it's needed for like Securom copy protection cases and what not, otherwise don't bother.

Heh heh, he wants the "true retro CD experience..." How about also adding a motion sensor so that if you bump the system while it's playing a CD Redbook audio track, it skips a few sectors forward to emulate classic CD skipping for a "truer" experience of the good ole days ?? :D :D

GohanX
12-10-2017, 05:24 PM
If making it 100% compatible with MD2 cables would enable me to use HD Retrovision's cable, that I already own, then I'm for. For all I know, though, it's already compatible, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.HD Retrovision Genesis cables already have a switch on it to disable the resistors if needed. The idea is you would have them on when using it with a Genesis and off when using an adapter for another system. So no matter which direction they go with the SD3 you're covered.

Personally I'm in the "if you're gonna use a proprietary MD2 pinout make it to MD specs" club but it doesn't matter to me either way since it's easy enough to remove the resistors from a cable is necessary.

fenikso
12-10-2017, 05:33 PM
Nice. I thought that might be the case with the switch on the cable, but I wasn't sure. If I had to end up using composite until I could afford a better option (RGB to HDMI via upscaler), then that's what I would have done.

RevQuixo
12-10-2017, 05:47 PM
I can tell you with 100% certainty there's no point using CloneCD for PC Engine/Turbo CDs, it's unnecessary overkill. NEC game CDs follow standard Redbook & Yellowbook mixed mode rules, there's no copy protection whatsoever...

Be that as it may, it seems at least one group (TruRip?) seems to prefer CCD. From my very unscientific searching they seem to have a larger available library than Redump which employs BIN/CUE. I'm sure it will sort itself out once this option comes to market, but it can't hurt to ask seeing as CCD is another uncompressed format with its own TOC files.

RevQuixo
12-10-2017, 05:50 PM
HD Retrovision Genesis cables already have a switch on it to disable the resistors if needed. The idea is you would have them on when using it with a Genesis and off when using an adapter for another system. So no matter which direction they go with the SD3 you're covered.

Personally I'm in the "if you're gonna use a proprietary MD2 pinout make it to MD specs" club but it doesn't matter to me either way since it's easy enough to remove the resistors from a cable is necessary.

Everything I've read indicates that the switch is only a contrast switch... (unless it is happening automatically in the cable...which without an adapter I'm not certain how the cable would know).

GohanX
12-10-2017, 06:04 PM
That's what the resistors do, they lower the levels of the signals. The Genesis RGB signal is too bright without them.

RevQuixo
12-10-2017, 06:11 PM
That's what the resistors do, they lower the levels of the signals. The Genesis RGB signal is too bright without them.

*mind blown*

greedostick
12-10-2017, 06:12 PM
I always get my RGB cables from Retro_Console_Accessories. They have excellent RGB cables. Here is a link to the Sega Genesis Model 2 RGB cable they sell. I will just assume I can use this unless I hear otherwise.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/US-seller-Genesis-2-32X-CDX-RGB-SCART-cable-Csync-no-jailbars-/201309414919

Syn
12-10-2017, 06:16 PM
I always get my RGB cables from Retro_Console_Accessories. They have excellent RGB cables. Here is a link to the Sega Genesis Model 2 RGB cable they sell. I will just assume I can use this unless I hear otherwise.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/US-seller-Genesis-2-32X-CDX-RGB-SCART-cable-Csync-no-jailbars-/201309414919

Too bad they're out of stock.

RevQuixo
12-10-2017, 06:23 PM

Although Rot may lock me in the war room, and while they might work with certain equipment, the crux of this discussion is that the cables from RCA and (RCG in the UK) both have resistors that need to be present in the cabling because it isn't in the Mega Drive / Genesis hardware. The SSD3 currently has the resistors in the device meaning that it isn't needed to have them in the cabling. What will this do? i'm not entirely sure. Maybe it will make the image too dark..maybe it will do nothing. That is why there is talk of needing passive cables which just pass through the signal without changing it. Passive cabling wouldn't work properly on a real Mega Drive / Genesis though, so likely most of of current cabling we own is out of spec.

What does all of this actually mean...damned if I know, I don't have the device yet..so I can't say how it would work with retrovision, framemeisters, OSSCs, etc.

neosd
12-10-2017, 06:30 PM
What does all of this actually mean...damned if I know, I don't have the device yet..so I can't say how it would work with retrovision, framemeisters, OSSCs, etc.

I am going to sleep now, but i would love that you read what you write and think about that.

i will give you a hint : ITS A CABLE

There are two type of genesis2 cables being sold :

a) one with resistors
b) one without resistors

Where is the "issue" about those ? cables with resistors and our current configuration may output a darker image on crts

Why we havenīt noticed that ? cause our cables may not have the resistors, THIS IS WHAT WE WANT TO CHECK TOMORROW.

What can we do about that ?

Change the resistors on our PCB to 0ohm to fit the cables with resistors OR let the current ones.

What would happen if we donīt change the resistors to 0ohm ? users may get darker picture using cables WITH resistors.
How this could be solved if we donīt change the resistors to 0ohm ? getting a cable without resistors. Where can i get one ? EVERYWHERE, its not an adamantium cable.
What if i canīt find a cable without the resistors ? you can remove the resistors from your cable, those are on the SCART connector, they are easy to remove.
What else can we do about that ? Ship a free cable without resistors with each Super SD System 3

So what we are going to do ? WE DONīT KNOW, WE HAVE TO SEE IF THE CABLES WE USED HAVE RESISTORS OR NOT

Syn
12-10-2017, 06:34 PM
People could make a different thread to carry on the conversation rather than clutter up this thread.

Rot's asked nicely and flat out told people to stop.

Edit...hmm NeoSD just posted he'd love to hear your thoughts. I guess carry on.

neosd
12-10-2017, 06:43 PM
People could make a different thread to carry on the conversation rather than clutter up this thread.

Rot's asked nicely and flat out told people to stop.

Edit...hmm NeoSD just posted he'd love to hear your thoughts. I guess carry on.

We want to hear people, but we donīt want to read is people without any technical background on the subject sugesting our device may not work with OSS or Framemeister, this confuses people and generates trouble.

Is it that hard to understand ? we already told that a pile of times : we want to check our cables and take a decision, any decisión we take will be fine cause you guys will be able to :

a) use pasive cables without resistors
OR
b) use cables with the resistors

Is it so hard to understand that this is nothing relevant at all ? its just a cable

RevQuixo
12-10-2017, 06:45 PM
I am going to sleep now, but i would love that you read what you write and think about that.

Maybe this is a language barrier thing...but I'm on your side. I don't really care what format you end up with, as I said I haven't tested it, you have. However, this hobby is full of people who have invested hundreds if not thousands of dollars on esoteric scalers and cabling and what-not and without a definitive notion of how the device works with framemeisters or OSSCs or XRGBs, people are going to have questions. Stifling discussion of those questions is hardly what this forum is about traditionally speaking though. We are famously assholes...its kind of our thing. I wouldn't advise anyone to go and buy cables right now though ;)

Syn
12-10-2017, 07:03 PM
I have a number of cables as is (OSSC & XRGB3).

I'll be checking anyways.

Everyone has different setups/needs so I expect numerous positive reports and recommendations.

I'm just waiting for the release and will act accordingly.

greedostick
12-10-2017, 07:04 PM
Too bad they're out of stock.

They close their eBay store every weekend.

Syn
12-10-2017, 07:07 PM
They close their eBay store every weekend.

Okay, a little odd but I've dealt with quirky sellers.

chrisr
12-10-2017, 07:32 PM
Okay, a little odd but I've dealt with quirky sellers.

Yes, it is, but they're a two-person shop. They actually explained the rationale here (https://retro-access.com/pages/how-this-store-works-why-stock-keeps-going-down). If you ever need something special, they are incredibly accommodative.

turdkind
12-10-2017, 07:36 PM
Yes, it is, but they're a two-person shop. They actually explained the rationale here (https://retro-access.com/pages/how-this-store-works-why-stock-keeps-going-down). If you ever need something special, they are incredibly accommodative.

Yup. I got my Analogue Nt Mini SCART cable from them. Very high quality and quick turnaround despite being a small shop. Plan to get all my cables from them from now on.

Syn
12-10-2017, 07:38 PM

Thanks.

If the demand allows them to dictate the ordering procedure that's awesome.

nam9
12-11-2017, 03:09 AM
NeoSD: you mentioned that you have placed resistors/caps for RGB line in the console, whereas Sync is output at TTL level...

To quote Tim Worthington (viletim): (https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?p=1266216#p1266216)

Why is the [RGBS] resistor best placed at the console end?

A TTL sync signal has a large amplitude (3-5 Vpp) and the series resistor attenuates it to something in the area of 0.4 Vpp. If the signal is an order of magnitude smaller when going through the cable it will couple a lot less into the other signals. The victim signal that is most vulnerable to to sync coupling is the audio signal.

For the same reason, the 75 ohm resistors should be placed on the console end inside the Mega Drive RGB cable. There is actually another important reason for this. High speed amplifiers (such as the video encoder) are unstable with capacitive loads. The video encoder requires the 75 ohm resistors placed reasonable close to it to isolate its output from the parasitic capacitance of the cable. Capacitive loads tend to make high speed amplifiers oscillate or otherwise become unstable. There's a note about this in page 12 of the CXA1645P datasheet, but it applies to all video encoders and fast video drivers in general.

In short: Put all resistors in the console end. It reduces the buzz in the audio. In the case of the Mega Drive/Master System it will prevent unpredictable graphical artefacts in the video.

GadgetUK
12-11-2017, 04:29 AM
There are two ways of looking at this - As it stands, with caps on the super system 3, for me it gives a crystal clear display - using an RGB lead that has resistors but no caps. They could bypass the caps with zero ohm links (and make a cost saving over the caps there, albeit a tiny amount). If they did that, would everyone be happy? I certainly don't mind adding caps into my RGB cable because the cable SCART end should have them really I think. Just strange how so many of these cables are sold without caps in there =/

lachlan
12-11-2017, 04:32 AM
What is there to be happy or unhappy about? if you've got a cable that isn't passive then buy one that is?

All this bullshit back and forth over a cable.... step away from the keyboard.

Rot
12-11-2017, 04:43 AM
What is there to be happy or unhappy about? if you've got a cable that isn't passive then buy one that is?

All this bullshit back and forth over a cable.... step away from the keyboard.

I'm getting increasingly irritated with it all..

xROTx

PS. On an aside... the user registrations are sorta weird atm... I am deleting more accounts than usual...

I'd like to add... even if one of the accounts that has been restricted by myself manages to get through... it wouldn't take me long to resolve your account and IP perma...

neosd
12-11-2017, 05:15 AM
@NeoSD.

I asked before but never got an answer. Is there Games Express CD Rom support? Or would it be able to be implemented in the future via firmware update?

With support for those games, I "think" we would have compatibility for all PC Engine games.

Hello,

We just tried Games Express CD Roms and those are working.

Thanks

ckchan
12-11-2017, 05:23 AM
Support and ordered!

Rot
12-11-2017, 05:23 AM
Support and ordered!

.../waves to Wilson...

xROTx

legolas119
12-11-2017, 07:15 AM

There are two type of genesis2 cables being sold :

a) one with resistors
b) one without resistors

Where is the "issue" about those ? cables with resistors and our current configuration may output a darker image on crts

Why we havenīt noticed that ? cause our cables may not have the resistors, THIS IS WHAT WE WANT TO CHECK TOMORROW.

What can we do about that ?

Change the resistors on our PCB to 0ohm to fit the cables with resistors OR let the current ones.

What would happen if we donīt change the resistors to 0ohm ? users may get darker picture using cables WITH resistors.
How this could be solved if we donīt change the resistors to 0ohm ? getting a cable without resistors. Where can i get one ? EVERYWHERE, its not an adamantium cable.
What if i canīt find a cable without the resistors ? you can remove the resistors from your cable, those are on the SCART connector, they are easy to remove.
What else can we do about that ? Ship a free cable without resistors with each Super SD System 3

So what we are going to do ? WE DONīT KNOW, WE HAVE TO SEE IF THE CABLES WE USED HAVE RESISTORS OR NOT

Really really clear! :) I'm waiting your feedback. But in any case I will buy the SD System 3 :)

Yodd
12-11-2017, 09:08 AM
I'll let NEOSD post, but I think this whole cable nonsense can be put to bed.

:glee:

Rot
12-11-2017, 09:12 AM

Yeah... I have mentioned to Alex for some time now that he needs to relax on some fronts...

The cable discussion. imo.. and a lot of our memberbase was a non-issue...

I appreciate Alex wants everyone to be happy... and answer everything he can... but sometimes... it's best to just post "It works on my setup and I've tested the hell out of it... please wait to get the device before you start complaining"...

xROTx

PS. Meh.. what do i know Yodd man...

MobiusStripTech
12-11-2017, 09:17 AM
Thanks.

If the demand allows them to dictate the ordering procedure that's awesome.

To make your life even easier, don't buy from the ebay store. Buy from their website directly. http://retro-access.com/ It's cheaper overall and way easier to find the cables. I have bought 20 plus cables from them this year and they have all been fantastic. Nothing against retrogamingcables, but I am US based. If you need something special, just ask and they will accommodate.

Once the final spec is figured out for this system, if a cable isn't included, I will just buy one from there myself and mention to them that they have a new item they may want to add. I have talked to the owner many times before and she is always real friendly.

Can't wait to have this in my hands. The molds look great. Awesome job NeoSD.

neosd
12-11-2017, 09:30 AM

Ok, i will try to explain the whole "issue" and what we will do to fix it.

Mega Drive 2/ Genesis 2 RGB output is too bright cause SEGA did a mistake not adding 3 resistors and 3 capacitors on theyr RGB output lines.

So "correct" Mega Drive 2 / Genesis 2 cables come with those resistors and capacitors soldered on the RGB Male connector.

This is a picture of the Mega Drive2 / Genesis 2 Cables we have been using (this is a "proper" cable so the resistors and the capacitors are soldered there) :

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/gen2_rgb_cable.png

So if you use a RGB Cable without those resistors and capacitors on a megadrive 2, the image will be too bright.

Our Super SD System 3 has those resistors and capacitors on the board, just after the RGB output, just how sega should have done and just how anyone would do whilre doing a proper design.

What happens if you plug a Mega Drive 2/ Genesis 2 cable to our current design? (with the caps and resistors after the RGB output soldered on the pcb ) The image is darker cause those resistors and caps are used to fix this issue on the bright Mega Drive 2/Genesis 2 video output.

So what we did today ?
Just remove those capacitors and resistors on our pcb and solder wire bridges.

What happened after that using a Mega Drive 2/ Genesis 2 RGB cable with those resistors and capacitors soldered inside ?
The image got less darker.

So what we are going to do ?

Ask factory to not solder those 3 capacitors and 3 resistors on the pcb and solder 6 0 OHM resistors on its place.

What a 0 OHM resistor is ? the same as a wire or a bridge.

So from a pcb astetic point of view, nothing changes, its just we swaped a component with one value from another.

Here are two videos so you guys can notice the diference.

Notice that we have soldered wires but the pcbs will not be shipped with wires, but with 0 OHM resistors soldered. We were able to do those changes cause the pcbs are manufactured but the components are still not soldered .

What would have happened if we would not have changed those resistors and capacitors ?
Nothing, users with pasive cables (without those capacitors and resistors soldered inside) would get a perfect image, and users with cables having those capacitors and resistors soldered would get a darker image.

Hope this clears this complete no sense we have seen here the last two days ...

BTW, here are the videos :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im3sXzyPC0I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10UhoCYmOig

Thanks

EDIT : Those are the youtube links, for some reason those wont play embebed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im3sXzyPC0I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10UhoCYmOig

Yodd
12-11-2017, 09:35 AM
Excellent!

:buttrock:

MobiusStripTech
12-11-2017, 09:40 AM
Incredible how difficult it was for people to just wait until you were able to provide the answer you said you would provide on Monday.

Thanks for the update.

Rot
12-11-2017, 09:46 AM
Incredible how difficult it was for people to just wait until you were able to provide the answer you said you would provide on Monday.

Thanks for the update.

That's ok... I got rid of 3 n00bs this weekend... so it wasn't a wasted few days for me...

xROTx

PS. I did notice a German guy using a Russian email providor... with a spamlike username and email address....

Deleted with extreme prejudice...

RevQuixo
12-11-2017, 09:52 AM
Excellent!

:buttrock:

I second that emoticon.

MobiusStripTech
12-11-2017, 09:54 AM
That's ok... I got rid of 3 n00bs this weekend... so it wasn't a wasted few days for me...

xROTx

PS. I did notice a German guy using a Russian email providor... with a spamlike username and email address....

Deleted with extreme prejudice...

Well, I am not spam or intentionally trying to hide. Just the way my office has their stuff setup.

GohanX
12-11-2017, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the update, NeoSD. You made the right decision IMO.

GadgetUK
12-11-2017, 10:50 AM
Great job! I do see its a bit brighter, but it's certainly not the end of the world that some people were making out lol.

ProxyCell
12-11-2017, 11:21 AM
As this uses a MD-2 connector, the HDRetrovision component cable will work with it just fine, correct?

Rot
12-11-2017, 11:29 AM
As this uses a MD-2 connector, the HDRetrovision component cable will work with it just fine, correct?

FFS... find out for yourself if your dumbass wire has resistors and stuff...

We're not an all information fuckin' service here... research for yourself... contact the company... etc etc...

MobiusStripTech
12-11-2017, 11:31 AM
It should be fine.

greatfunky
12-11-2017, 11:31 AM
Now to avoid eventual future complaints ( i anticipate :D ),
for those with passive cables just add 75 ohms resistors in series with 220uf 16v capacitors like the schematic .

http://members.optusnet.com.au/eviltim/gamescart/mega2.png

neosd
12-11-2017, 11:40 AM
Now to avoid eventual future complaints ( i anticipate :D ),
for those with passive cables just add 75 ohms resistors in series with 220uf 16v capacitors like the schematic .

http://members.optusnet.com.au/eviltim/gamescart/mega2.png

Yes, if your cable dosenīt has those resistors and capacitors, you will get image but it will be brighter

legolas119
12-11-2017, 11:49 AM
thank you neoSD for clarifications. I will buy an RGB with capacitors and resistors.

greatfunky
12-11-2017, 11:51 AM
Yes, if your cable dosenīt has those resistors and capacitors, you will get image but it will be brighter

In fact i'm not really sure about my future cable (not received yet), i ordered a low cost one from ebay and i suppose it will be passive , doesn't matter , i'll fit the cable to the situation .

neosd
12-11-2017, 11:56 AM
In fact i'm not really sure about my future cable (not received yet), i ordered a low cost one from ebay and i suppose it will be passive , doesn't matter , i'll fit the cable to the situation .

Ours were from amazon and had the resistors and capacitors.

I asume there will be mixed results while buying those, its cheaper to build cables without the caps and resistors for sure. Not for the cost of the resistors and capacitors but cause the extra work to put those there

RevQuixo
12-11-2017, 12:20 PM
in the US:

https://retro-access.com/

in the UK (and Europe I guess):

https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/

Both will sell you proper MD2 RGB cables that will work.

HD Retrovision cables also will work with no changes needed.

greedostick
12-11-2017, 12:43 PM
I made a tech support thread so we can stop talking about this in here. http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?273334-PC-Engine-Super-System3-RGB-Tech-Support&p=4257208#post4257208

turdkind
12-11-2017, 12:44 PM
Thanks for the update and for being flexible, neosd. I think the choice you've made is going to save everyone a lot of confusion down the road.

Looking forward to getting my hands on this thing.

RevQuixo
12-11-2017, 01:22 PM
Back on track then with an unanswered question from earlier. Will there be any entertaining the support of .CCD files? It seems to be the one other prevalent uncompressed file format used on the interwebs.

neodev
12-11-2017, 01:47 PM
Back on track then with an unanswered question from earlier. Will there be any entertaining the support of .CCD files? It seems to be the one other prevalent uncompressed file format used on the interwebs.

.CCD is not planned for the first firmware release, as there is little benefit of that format over .cue .

We have noticed some dumps that have .ccd and .cue files in them, and they work fine, the .img file of clonecd is readable with an appropiate .cue in those dumps.

RevQuixo
12-11-2017, 02:23 PM
.CCD is not planned for the first firmware release, as there is little benefit of that format over .cue .

We have noticed some dumps that have .ccd and .cue files in them, and they work fine, the .img file of clonecd is readable with an appropiate .cue in those dumps.

Hmm..interesting. Apparently there is a ccd2cue program out there that may convert the ccd file to cue..that may be the answer. Will have to look into that. Thanks!

legolas119
12-11-2017, 02:53 PM
in the UK (and Europe I guess):

https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/

Both will sell you proper MD2 RGB cables that will work.

HD Retrovision cables also will work with no changes needed.

thanks, but on retrogamingcables it cost about 30Ģ with shipping cost...really expensive :(
Does anyone know a different shop where to buy a cheaper one with resistors and capacitors?

RevQuixo
12-11-2017, 02:56 PM
thanks, but on retrogamingcables it cost about 30Ģ with shipping cost...really expensive :(
Does anyone know a different shop where to buy a cheaper one with resistors and capacitors?

this one is cheaper:

The more expensive one is fully shielded (which may give less interference, but it is the "Rolls Royce" of cabling from them.

legolas119
12-11-2017, 03:04 PM
this one is cheaper:

The more expensive one is fully shielded (which may give less interference, but it is the "Rolls Royce" of cabling from them.

yes, I'm speakin about that cable. But there are 12.30Ģ for shipping cost...really expensive! It cost in total 30Ģ...it means about 35 euro for a cable...

NightWolve
12-11-2017, 06:39 PM

We have noticed some dumps that have .ccd and .cue files in them, and they work fine, the .img file of clonecd is readable with an appropriate .cue in those dumps.

Yeah, I was gonna mention that. CloneCD has an option to write a CUE file, but it's off by default. If CCD pirates were smart, they made sure to turn it on to have that option. The .img file is technically the same track data as .bin, just that when you use the .CUE file, the .sub subchannel data file gets ignored which is needed for 1:1 duplication to defeat some copy protection schemes and for paranoid perfectionist pirates who won't accept anything less, heh.

Thanks for the update, NeoSD. You made the right decision IMO.

I dunno... If he produced a standard RGB signal prepped for a SCART cable, but changed his board significantly enough to remove said caps/resistors due to the popularity of a particular cable that added them inside for a Sega console, then it's not ideal to copy that issue for just those cable owners, but I get the justification of why he did so.

I would rather pester on encoding a HDMI signal for lag-free pure digital quality... I threw more CRT tubes out last year, they're heavy, they're hot, they X-ray you, etc., and I really love what LG has done with their IPS 4K panels, they're beautiful! If you got the change to spend, then their OLEDs are even better, no backlight, so pure blacks, pixel is either on or off!

Anyway, yeah, that would be on my wishlist for enhancements, tap the digital video signal for encoding to the HDMI standard. I know it's too late at this stage, but that's what I'd want to really tempt me into a purchase.

donluca
12-12-2017, 05:23 AM
Hmm..interesting. Apparently there is a ccd2cue program out there that may convert the ccd file to cue..that may be the answer. Will have to look into that. Thanks!

I've used that tool with varying degree of success when dealing with CCD images, so use it at your own risk and always keep a backup of the original image. If something ends up not working, it's highly likely the conversion is at fault.

neosd
12-12-2017, 05:26 AM
I've used that tool with varying degree of success when dealing with CCD images, so use it at your own risk and always keep a backup of the original image. If something ends up not working, it's highly likely the conversion is at fault.

There is an easy way

Mount your desired image with daemon tools.

Dump it to bin/cue with imgburn

greatfunky
12-12-2017, 05:46 AM
There is an easy way

Neosd what do you think about bin+cue image from emuparadise compared to the one with multiple .bin from redump.org for example ?
is there any noticeable difference ? music quality or something else ....

neodev
12-12-2017, 05:53 AM
Neosd what do you think about bin+cue image from emuparadise compared to the one with multiple .bin from redump.org for example ?
is there any noticeable difference ? music quality or something else ....

We have tried both formats and there is no difference (apart from a bug we had parsing the .cue files from redump.org, due to pregaps IIRC). The data should be identical, as both have uncompressed audio. The only difference is that all the tracks are in one big file, or separated in a file for each track, but data should be the same.

greatfunky
12-12-2017, 05:56 AM
We have tried both formats and there is no difference (apart from a bug we had parsing the .cue files from redump.org, due to pregaps IIRC). The data should be identical, as both have uncompressed audio. The only difference is that all the tracks are in one big file, or separated in a file for each track, but data should be the same.

Ok , thanks for the feedback neodev ;)

neosd
12-12-2017, 07:32 AM

If neodev dosenīt minds, i will add that redump.org are verified dumps with crc32 database, this makes this preservation project so great.

Same dump is submited from more than one person and it gets verified.

Emuparadise dumps may come from elsewhere, so those dumps may not be correct cause they may get corrupted in any stage before those arrive at emuparadise.

BTW i am not saying emuparadise dumps are bad, but no one can be sure if those are good aswel.

TwinFami
12-12-2017, 07:47 AM
Will this device work with TruRip disc dumps? (CCD, IMG, SUB)

GohanX
12-12-2017, 07:49 AM
I an tell you from experience that Emuparadise ISOs are all over the place when used on real hardware. There are just so many bad dumps on the internet, it's ridiculous. Personally I usually looked at ISOzone specifically for the more recent bin/cue files, those typically work perfectly. I wasn't aware of redump.org before this project though so that probably will be the way to go from now on.

That said, most of the issues with ISOs on real hardware is that the copied CD isn't a perfect 1:1 recreation of the original, which causes seek problems for the CD-ROM. This probably won't affect the SD3 at all and would work just fine.

Rot
12-12-2017, 08:00 AM
As long as the topic stays "General"... I think... I can live with it...

No linking as always...

xROTx

PS. IF some of you lads are in need... of let's say "HELP" in obtaining info about playing the new Neosd device... send me a PM or come into chat and I will talk to you about stuff...

RevQuixo
12-12-2017, 08:10 AM
Will this device work with TruRip disc dumps? (CCD, IMG, SUB)

Already answered..Not in the initial release, however it will work if the IMG file also has a CUE file.

Regarding redump..they look to be a great resource, but they are missing a lot of games currently. Hopefully the SD3 will help the project get more complete.

RevQuixo
12-12-2017, 09:46 AM
New question. Is the Hu Card of Populous supported properly? It apparently uses extra RAM. Not sure the specifics, but earlier iterations of the Everdrives had issues with it.

[OCEAN]
12-12-2017, 09:57 AM
New question. Is the Hu Card of Populous supported properly? It apparently uses extra RAM. Not sure the specifics, but earlier iterations of the Everdrives had issues with it.

Never heard about a HuCard with extra Ram, sounds interesting! With this device coming up, I'm glad I never picked up the pcengine everdrive. Hope something similar comes for the segaCD eventually :D

RevQuixo
12-12-2017, 10:04 AM
;4257467']Never heard about a HuCard with extra Ram, sounds interesting! With this device coming up, I'm glad I never picked up the pcengine everdrive. Hope something similar comes for the segaCD eventually :D

Upon further googling it utilizes a systems internal RAM (if it has it) in order to save games. The reason why it failed on earlier Everdrives is that they didn't have any RAM to store the game...so if you played the game on a CoreGrafx, SuperGrafx, etc without a CD attachment the game didn't work. Since the SD3 is a defacto CD attachment it probably works. Supposedly it is the only game that uses this arrangement.

FilthyRear
12-12-2017, 10:08 AM
;4257467']I'm glad I never picked up the pcengine everdrive.

It's still worth buying, especially if you dont pick up an SSDS3 in the immediate future.

Playing CD games like this is a godsend, but the ED can keep you occupied until then.

RAZO
12-12-2017, 10:16 AM
It's still worth buying, especially if you dont pick up an SSDS3 in the immediate future.

Playing CD games like this is a godsend, but the ED can keep you occupied until then.

I agree, plus it's the only solution for those who still have Duo's.

[OCEAN]
12-12-2017, 10:17 AM
Upon further googling it utilizes a systems internal RAM (if it has it) in order to save games. The reason why it failed on earlier Everdrives is that they didn't have any RAM to store the game...so if you played the game on a CoreGrafx, SuperGrafx, etc without a CD attachment the game didn't work. Since the SD3 is a defacto CD attachment it probably works. Supposedly it is the only game that uses this arrangement.

Cool stuff, thanks for the explanation!

Thing is I was thinking about buying one just recently and then this showed up. Bought it straight away. Since my CD-Rom2 died this is just perfect ;)

neodev
12-12-2017, 10:26 AM

Yes, it does. It emulates the extra RAM in populous. Probably the first everdrives had issues because they were flash only?

The cart emulates the known hucard mappers: normal, populous (extra ram), sf2ce (larger rom with bankswitching), super cd system card (extra cd ram), arcade card (more extra ram) . It also has its own custom mapper for the menu so it can store the screenshots and also command the MCU to read the SD, scan directories, sort the gamelist, play music...

There was some debate about if the populous hucard had a battery to back the extra ram and use it for saves, or if it was just used as an expansion during game. It seems it doesn't have any battery or way to back it up. I tried saving it to the SD and it didn't make any difference, furthermore, if you have a CD attached, it will use the CD backup ram to store the progress, so I think it's not supposed to be kept between game runs.

GohanX
12-12-2017, 10:30 AM
The cart emulates the known hucard mappers: normal, populous (extra ram), sf2ce (larger rom with bankswitching), super cd system card (extra cd ram), arcade card (more extra ram) . It also has its own custom mapper for the menu so it can store the screenshots and also command the MCU to read the SD, scan directories, sort the gamelist, play music...

http://www.troll.me/images/bert/im-so-hard-right-now-thumb.jpg

Rot
12-12-2017, 10:32 AM
http://www.troll.me/images/bert/im-so-hard-right-now-thumb.jpg

TBH... you "hard" aint all that impressive...

Just sayin'...

xROTx

GohanX
12-12-2017, 10:33 AM
You wound me, sir.

fluxcore
12-12-2017, 01:15 PM
(on turbo everdrive)

I agree, plus it's the only solution for those who still have Duo's.

Or the handheld units.

donluca
12-12-2017, 05:06 PM
There is an easy way

Nice! Didn't know Daemon Tools were able to correctly load CloneCD images. Have to try it out someday.
Thanks for pointing this out.

haightc
12-12-2017, 05:41 PM
Tried to order again, I don't even get a chance to enter CC info. Just getting an error that says duplicate order, I've tried deleting and re-adding it to my cart. I guess I'll give up for now, maybe I'll try again in few months or it'll be available from a US distributor at some point. Thanks for making an awesome product guys, I'll look forward to getting it at some point.

NightWolve
12-12-2017, 05:58 PM
(on turbo everdrive)

Or the handheld units.

Yeah, Turbo Everdrive is a great product, I got to play Batman [SunSoft] for the first time on my Turbo Express. :) That's after I had brought it back from the dead with a recap job, every cap had leaked bad!

Never went forward with the full 3.5" LCD mod some folks did. The ~$15 stock screens off eBay only worked off a Composite connection and re enabling that was quite messy after EE Steve Hanley discovered how. Still, the text on RPGs looks a helluva lot better with the mod, it's worth the trouble! A Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery mod would be good too.

That said, most of the issues with ISOs on real hardware is that the copied CD isn't a perfect 1:1 recreation of the original, which causes seek problems for the CD-ROM. This probably won't affect the SD3 at all and would work just fine.

It's easy to rule out damaged TOC/LBA offsets which will cause game crash bugs or lip sync issues during voice acting using popular emulators briefly.

Just mount the CD image and run an emulator like Magic Engine or Ootake which have internal databases of all original TOC/LBA data and IF they show a full title for the game like "Ys IV - The Dawn of Ys [J]" then the image is likely fine. My TurboRip app does this now too, scans all CD drives and shows detected titles.

Destructive rips like these were thanks to people who took ISO/MP3/CUE rips and converted them to BIN/CUE format rather than find someone with an original to rip it again... Very dumb, but it happened enough and rips like that got spread around...

RevQuixo
12-12-2017, 06:13 PM
Yes, it does. It emulates the extra RAM in populous. Probably the first everdrives had issues because they were flash only?

There was some debate about if the populous hucard had a battery to back the extra ram and use it for saves, or if it was just used as an expansion during game. It seems it doesn't have any battery or way to back it up. I tried saving it to the SD and it didn't make any difference, furthermore, if you have a CD attached, it will use the CD backup ram to store the progress, so I think it's not supposed to be kept between game runs.

From what I’ve read online it was supposed to have a back-up battery in the hu-card, but they ditched it and just went with the internet back Cd unit saves instead

TwinFami
12-12-2017, 07:04 PM
There is an easy way

Tried doing that and IMGBurn froze on analyzing the tracks.

NightWolve
12-12-2017, 07:39 PM
Try another BIN/CUE ripper like Alcohol, MagicISO, BinChunk, the old CDRWIN, etc. You could technically mount a CCD image with Daemon or Alcohol 52% and rip with CloneCD itself but make sure to check the option to write a CUE if all else fails. I've had ripping issues with ImgBurn on track analysis for PCE discs too as I recall...

TwinFami
12-12-2017, 08:03 PM
Try another BIN/CUE ripper like Alcohol, MagicISO, BinChunk, the old CDRWIN, etc. You could technically mount a CCD image with Daemon or Alcohol 52% and rip with CloneCD itself but make sure to check the option to write a CUE if all else fails. I've had ripping issues with ImgBurn on track analysis for PCE discs too as I recall...

I'm starting to believe TruRip sucks. Three programs(MagicISO, UltraISO, Daemon Tools), all say invalid disc or image

RAZO
12-12-2017, 09:09 PM
I'm starting to believe TruRip sucks. Three programs(MagicISO, UltraISO, Daemon Tools), all say invalid disc or image

Try TurboRip. It's always worked for me.

pixeljunkie
12-12-2017, 09:35 PM
Try TurboRip. It's always worked for me.

This. Never steered me wrong.

NightWolve
12-12-2017, 09:41 PM
Well, my app was made for ISO/WAV/CUE file per track style which is important for hacking/translation/mods, etc. and other benefits mentioned. Assuming this new system's CUE parser is fully compatible/developed, it should be able to handle it. Here's the latest, it's pretty good for command line:

http://www.ysutopia.net/software/TurboRip.zip

Now featuring Windows 7 support and amazing colored DOS text! ;)

Note: I regret I didn't add a BIN/CUE rip option though. It wouldn't take much to do so in the future some time when I can work on it again.

ShootTheCore
12-13-2017, 12:40 AM
Well, my app was made for ISO/WAV/CUE file per track style which is important for hacking/translation/mods, etc. and other benefits mentioned. Assuming this new system's CUE parser is fully compatible/developed, it should be able to handle it. Here's the latest, it's pretty good for command line:

http://www.ysutopia.net/software/TurboRip.zip

Now featuring Windows 7 support and amazing colored DOS text! ;)

Note: I regret I didn't add a BIN/CUE rip option though. It wouldn't take much to do so in the future some time when I can work on it again.

I'm ripping my collection right now with TurboRip and IDE Plextor CDROM drive that I keep around for this sort of thing. Works perfectly. :glee:

Rot
12-13-2017, 04:44 AM
Tried to order again, I don't even get a chance to enter CC info. Just getting an error that says duplicate order, I've tried deleting and re-adding it to my cart. I guess I'll give up for now, maybe I'll try again in few months or it'll be available from a US distributor at some point. Thanks for making an awesome product guys, I'll look forward to getting it at some point.

I spoke to Neosd and he's trying his best to get the banks to play ball....

The issue is with Credit Card payment limits set by his bank... which is reset every 24 hours but gets exceeded within a few hours of being reset by the bank...

The volume of sales has been high... it's an inconvenience... I appreciate that but my advice would be to keep trying or use a bank transfer...

xROTx

donluca
12-13-2017, 06:58 AM

A kind user who's unfortunately unable to post here anymore told me that he had the same problem and fixed it by logging out and logging back in on neosdstore.com

Also, try clearing cookies and cache of your browser.

Rot
12-13-2017, 07:00 AM
A kind user who's unfortunately unable to post here anymore

WHO IS THIS MYSTERY PERSON!

told me that he had the same problem and fixed it by logging out and logging back in on neosdstore.com

Also, try clearing cookies and cache of your browser.

^^^

xROTx

TwinFami
12-13-2017, 07:59 AM
I was told that my payment is fine, so that's one less thing to worry about. Just now waiting on it shipping.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I too had to straighten it out with the bank. I have PNC and luckily they called me and with a single phone prompt, I can approve the transaction and try it again successfully. So, if you plan on ordering, call your card company first to give them the heads up.

neosd
12-13-2017, 09:40 AM
Hello everyone,

We have added the final barcode and changed the av output draw aswel.

So we have the final box art ready to subtimt to print.

Please, have a look and see if you guys can notice any mistakes or so before its too late :)

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/13-12-2017_sd_system_final_box.jpg

Rot
12-13-2017, 09:42 AM
The word "sd system 3" is upside down...:keke:

xROTx

Yodd
12-13-2017, 09:46 AM
Looks good!

TwinFami
12-13-2017, 10:15 AM
Hello everyone,

Please, have a look and see if you guys can notice any mistakes or so before its too late :)

So I guess the Turbografx doesn't fit the proto shell?

neosd
12-13-2017, 10:20 AM
So I guess the Turbografx doesn't fit the proto shell?

We still donīt know.

As soon as the shells arrive here we will know but before that we will show the final shells.

Better donīt put it than put it ....

Be patient please, as soon as we get any new info on any subject, we are going to keep you all updated

GohanX
12-13-2017, 10:23 AM
We still donīt know.

As soon as the shells arrive here we will send a sample to GohanX to test.

Woohoo!

TwinFami
12-13-2017, 10:24 AM
We still donīt know.

As soon as the shells arrive here we will know but before that we will show the final shells.

Better donīt put it than put it ....

Be patient please, as soon as we get any new info on any subject, we are going to keep you all updated

I got a CoreGrafx coming in, so I'm good. I'm more asking because if it did, you could put that on the box.

neosd
12-13-2017, 10:31 AM
I got a CoreGrafx coming in, so I'm good. I'm more asking because if it did, you could put that on the box.

You are welcome,

Just take in mind that we are giving everyday all the info we have, everyone is going to be informed while reading the seccond post in this thread.

Just check it often

;)

TwinFami
12-13-2017, 11:21 AM
No problem. I'm a fan of the NeoSD after I grabbed it from Stone Age Gamer, but once I saw this, I immediately sold my Duo-RX, Turbo Everdrive, and Arcade Card Duo for this. Never have to worry again about lasers dying, media going bad, caps going bad, or load times.

RevQuixo
12-13-2017, 11:44 AM
Hello everyone,

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/13-12-2017_sd_system_final_box.jpg

Minor grammatical thing..may not be worth fixing. “The ultimate add-on to get the best of your PC Engine” might be better as “The ultimate add-on to get the best from your PC Engine.”

As I said..pretty minor.

neosd
12-13-2017, 11:54 AM
Minor grammatical thing..may not be worth fixing. “The ultimate add-on to get the best of your PC Engine” might be better as “The ultimate add-on to get the best from your PC Engine.”

As I said..pretty minor.

NOTED !

GadgetUK
12-13-2017, 12:43 PM
Great job on the new box changes =D

SNK_Pro
12-13-2017, 01:52 PM
Is the Neo SD store customer support operational? I had raised a query on it (and on my order page) but support now seems to be a broken link, and I hadn't had a reply on either.

neosd
12-13-2017, 01:54 PM
Is the Neo SD store customer support operational? I had raised a query on it (and on my order page) but support now seems to be a broken link, and I hadn't had a reply on either.

send an email to contact@neosdstore.....

fille1976
12-13-2017, 01:58 PM
nice job on the box.

Yodd
12-13-2017, 02:32 PM
For anyone wondering about what microSD size cards to get, I did a quick look through my 99% complete CD/Super CD image collection and it was around 220 gigabytes.

So if you want all cd images and hucards, you would probably needs a 256 gig card. And that will leave you some breathing room for future homebrew and such.

neosd
12-13-2017, 03:01 PM
Any microsd should work, BUT we only tried up to 64gb microsds

neodev
12-13-2017, 03:18 PM

I think larger cards will work. Also, it supports FAT32 and exFAT .

legolas119
12-13-2017, 04:29 PM
hi guys,
1) if I order the product today, when do you estimate the shipping date? At the beginning of January?

2) how many pc engine games needs a 6 button joypad? Only Street Fighter 2? Is this a good pad: https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEC-PC-ENGINE-AVENUE-PAD-6-CONTROLLER-NEC-PC-ENGINE/292348771669?epid=1323893305&hash=item4411583d55:g:ui0AAOSwySlaHPRg or do you suggest another model? Does this https://www.ebay.com/itm/PC-Engine-DUO-RX-Official-Controller-ARCADE-PAD6-BOXED-From-Japan/162796366150?hash=item25e76b6946:g:L9wAAOSwHNxaLIG 9 work on Coregrafx 2 too?

Westcb
12-13-2017, 05:04 PM
hi guys,
1) if I order the product today, when do you estimate the shipping date? At the beginning of January?

2) how many pc engine games needs a 6 button joypad? Only Street Fighter 2? Is this a good pad: https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEC-PC-ENGINE-AVENUE-PAD-6-CONTROLLER-NEC-PC-ENGINE/292348771669?epid=1323893305&hash=item4411583d55:g:ui0AAOSwySlaHPRg or do you suggest another model? Does this https://www.ebay.com/itm/PC-Engine-DUO-RX-Official-Controller-ARCADE-PAD6-BOXED-From-Japan/162796366150?hash=item25e76b6946:g:L9wAAOSwHNxaLIG 9 work on Coregrafx 2 too?

6 button pad is only used on a few games and most of them only use 4 of the buttons from what I can tell. Here is a list I found but could be missing something:
advanced variable geo
art of fighting
asuka 120% maxima burning fest
fatalfury 2
fatal fury special
flash hiders
flash hiders taikenban
kabuki klash
world heroes ii
ys 4 - dawn of ys

Syn
12-13-2017, 05:11 PM
Battle Field '94 in Tokyo Dome NJPW uses 6 buttons also.

NightWolve
12-13-2017, 09:03 PM

Ah, that's good, exceeds the 32GB limits you still see in a lot of devices.

Windows 7+ will force formatting to exFAT for SD and thumb drives I noticed. Or allow NTFS, FAT32 option gets disabled. I wanted compatibility so I tried formatting it with my LGTV, it couldn't read exFAT, and it did so under FAT32 for a 64GB thumb drive I set up for movies.

I had never heard of Microsoft's exFAT before this, it's supposed to be efficient for flash drives, but it's less compatible.

Woohoo!
Hey, not fair!

I'm ripping my collection right now with TurboRip and IDE Plextor CDROM drive that I keep around for this sort of thing. Works perfectly. :glee:

Just ripping or with this product ? Could somebody who owns this system test any ISO/WAV/CUE rip ??

I'm just curious if the CUE parser is fully supportive. It's no big deal if not, you can just mount the CUE from TurboRip images and rip it again to BIN/CUE with another app, then copy that over to the microSD card.

mookie3three
12-13-2017, 10:42 PM
Wow this is totally amazing. I am more excited than the Neo flash carts. More than I ever expected for a PC Engine CD solution. Congrats

Saroyan
12-14-2017, 12:49 AM
Just finished reading through the thread, this thing seems pretty awesome. I know I want one but will probably need to wait a while since I just dumped a bunch of money buying an X68000.

mistahsnart
12-14-2017, 03:24 AM
You guys are the absolute best. :)

Odin Belmont
12-14-2017, 03:55 AM
Very nice mate. Thinking about getting one. How long is the wait from ordering to receiving product?

Thanks

Rot
12-14-2017, 04:39 AM
Very nice mate. Thinking about getting one. How long is the wait from ordering to receiving product?

Thanks

DOES NO ONE READ ANYTHING AROUND HERE!!!... In the VERY FIRST post....

So we expect to have the final product ready to ship by the last week of december or the first week of january.

We have opened sales and as before we will respect purchase order while shipping

We are going to show the different bits while those arrive, so you guys get acurate shipping status.

These... when will I get it questions are annoying...

xROTx

Odin Belmont
12-14-2017, 05:01 AM
DOES NO ONE READ ANYTHING AROUND HERE!!!... In the VERY FIRST post....

So we expect to have the final product ready to ship by the last week of december or the first week of january.

We have opened sales and as before we will respect purchase order while shipping

We are going to show the different bits while those arrive, so you guys get acurate shipping status.

These... when will I get it questions are annoying...

xROTx

You know what mate. I have very limited time to read every post. I have a life. Don't be a ass! I only asked a question. Grrr This is what annoys the shit of of me in retro gaming forums. Most of you are annoying twats My first and last post here.

joala
12-14-2017, 05:05 AM
This is what annoys the shit of of me in retro gaming forums.

Dont go on them then?

lachlan
12-14-2017, 05:10 AM
You know what mate. I have very limited time to read every post. I have a life. Don't be a ass! I only asked a question. Grrr This is what annoys the shit of of me in retro gaming forums. Most of you are annoying twats My first and last post here.

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/483/928/fb0.jpg

No excuse for laziness, read the fucking thread.

Rot
12-14-2017, 05:17 AM

WELL... here's the thingy...

It's a forum... where we talk about stuff... and the occassional gaming topic...

You seem to feel you can make no effort to join a community because "You can't be arsed and have a real life"...

Let me enlighten you here... we all have real fuckin' lives on this forum... but what makes it a community is people here are making the effort to join in...

If it "annoys" you... maybe your sense of entitlement and sandy vag would be best served on another gaming forum where no one cares if you bother posting...

I'd suggest AtariAge...

TwinFami
12-14-2017, 05:54 AM
Speaking for me, I actually saw it in a Facebook group and ordered it before I ever saw this thread. It was actually NeoSD's customer support that linked me to this thread. So, while I'm bummed a bit that I have to wait another few weeks, seeing the constant updates and communication are relaxing my anticipation for this unit and I hope the team keeps it up.

neosd
12-14-2017, 05:55 AM
Hello,

We have not many time aswel, this month is being totally crazy in so many ways.

BUT

We update the first page with anything relevant posted here OR any info related to production and shipment.

So please, you dont need to read the whole thread to get the relevant info, just the seccond post on the first page.

We will keep updating this one BTW

Thanks

Yohanov
12-14-2017, 09:51 AM
Hi neoSD, i'd like to know what's your politics regarding repairs.

After the warranty period, if the system 3 fails (under normal use) do you offer a repair service as long as we ship it back (like krikkz who even does it for free)? 

Also I saw that the warranty on all your products is 1 year, but for EU customers, isn't it the law to have a 2 years minimum?

neosd
12-14-2017, 10:20 AM

After the warranty period, if the system 3 fails (under normal use) do you offer a repair service as long as we ship it back (like krikkz who even does it for free)? 

Also I saw that the warranty on all your products is 1 year, but for EU customers, isn't it the law to have a 2 years minimum?

As far as i know, after one year everyone is happy with neosd. The few people that came with an issue got his cart replaced.

With the law in the hand, i would preffer not to sell to a guy that comes with the "law in the hand" at first time.

I hope you understand my point on that subject.

We preffer to no sell ratter than have problems.

Everyone with an issue will have one year waranty, after this year we will do whatever we consider, it just depends on one thing : how the user comes asking for, not even the type of claim.

If your device gets broken after 2 years and if you come with nice words we will help you. If you come with "the law in the hand" better go elsewhere. We will just stick to "the law in the hand"

I hate to be so clear (and rude), but better to be clear to "with the law in the hand" customers

Never forget that : our MAIN GOAL is to have everyone happy, it dosent matters how many money it costs us.
Our seccond goal is to make money to keep doing the first goal : make new devices to have everyone happy that would give us more money to make more devices.

If people are not happy, we will not sell more and all this will end.

Thanks

RAZO
12-14-2017, 10:55 AM
This is the same guy who will contact NeoSd about repairing his device 10 years after he has used it and demand it be repaired.

legolas119
12-14-2017, 11:26 AM
6 button pad is only used on a few games and most of them only use 4 of the buttons from what I can tell. Here is a list I found but could be missing something:
advanced variable geo
art of fighting
asuka 120% maxima burning fest
fatalfury 2
fatal fury special
flash hiders
flash hiders taikenban
kabuki klash
world heroes ii
ys 4 - dawn of ys

thanks, do you know if every 6 button pad is compatible with PC Engine Coregrafx? for example this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEC-PC-Engine-Avenue-pad-6-Controller-PCE-Box-From-Japan/322934114318?epid=1323893305&hash=item4b305f880e:g:xQIAAOSw7o5Z3y1E or this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/PC-Engine-DUO-RX-Official-Controller-ARCADE-PAD6-BOXED-From-Japan/162796366150?hash=item25e76b6946:g:L9wAAOSwHNxaLIG 9 ?

thanks!

Neodogg
12-14-2017, 11:27 AM
What if my case gets a hole drilled in it by customs...asking for a friend.

neosd
12-14-2017, 11:29 AM
thanks, do you know if every 6 button pad is compatible with PC Engine Coregrafx? for example this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEC-PC-Engine-Avenue-pad-6-Controller-PCE-Box-From-Japan/322934114318?epid=1323893305&hash=item4b305f880e:g:xQIAAOSw7o5Z3y1E or this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/PC-Engine-DUO-RX-Official-Controller-ARCADE-PAD6-BOXED-From-Japan/162796366150?hash=item25e76b6946:g:L9wAAOSwHNxaLIG 9 ?

thanks!

I got this pad and it works, but i donīt really like to play with it at all. The feeling is just strange

i donīt have any other 6 buttons pad to give you feedback about ...

neosd
12-14-2017, 11:31 AM
What if my case gets a hole drilled in it by customs...asking for a friend.

If you send us a picture with the drilled shell and a driller on the same place, we may think you are trying to cheat on us and you may get ignored

BUT donīt worry, someone here will come telling that we are wrong and UPS usally drills shells.
We will send you a replacement shell without any charge.
You will receive it but you will never say thanks or anything else. We will never hear about you again.

This is what a friend told me

GadgetUK
12-14-2017, 11:59 AM
If you send us a picture with the drilled shell and a driller on the same place, we may think you are trying to cheat on us and you may get ignored

BUT donīt worry, someone here will come telling that we are wrong and UPS usally drills shells.
We will send you a replacement shell without any charge.
You will receive it but you will never say thanks or anything else. We will never hear about you again.

This is what a friend told me

LOL! =D

GohanX
12-14-2017, 12:12 PM

thanks!

Every PCE pad will work with the Coregrafx. Turbografx pads will not because the plug is different unless you get an adapter or change the cable.

I don't have a RX pad so I can't compare, but the Ave 6 pad is decent for Street Fighter and kinda useless for anything else. Because of the button layout traditional 2 button games don't really feel right. I would only get an Ave 6 specifically if you are going to use it for SF2 (which is an excellent port.)

On the other hand, the Ave 3 is pretty great and useful in tons of games that use either select or run as an action button.

greedostick
12-14-2017, 12:13 PM
Just get the Hori Fighting Commander 6 button pc engine controller.

Rot
12-14-2017, 12:15 PM

Lovely... What next?

... Either Darksoft is pulling the tard's out of his ass trying to derail this.. or we have a genuine outbreak of fuckwits atm..

AFTER the Grand kiddy leaves... and I'm sitting with a bottle of single malt whisky... I am gonna review a few posts and members...

TwinFami
12-14-2017, 12:16 PM
Every PCE pad will work with the Coregrafx. Turbografx pads will not because the plug is different unless you get an adapter or change the cable.

I don't have a RX pad so I can't compare, but the Ave 6 pad is decent for Street Fighter and kinda useless for anything else. Because of the button layout traditional 2 button games don't really feel right. I would only get an Ave 6 specifically if you are going to use it for SF2 (which is an excellent port.)

On the other hand, the Ave 3 is pretty great and useful in tons of games that use either select or run as an action button.

The RX pad to me isn't that comfortable to hold. It was so bad, I actually bought a CoreGrafx controller just so I can play my games normally.

RAZO
12-14-2017, 12:24 PM
The RX pad to me isn't that comfortable to hold. It was so bad, I actually bought a CoreGrafx controller just so I can play my games normally.

The RX pad is a expensive turd. The Dpad is complete crap and almost makes games unplayable. It looks very pretty though, damn shame.

The Regular PCE and CoreGrafx pads are excellent. Never ran into many 6 button games that I really cared for on the PCE.

pixeljunkie
12-14-2017, 12:46 PM
The RX pad is a expensive turd. The Dpad is complete crap and almost makes games unplayable. It looks very pretty though, damn shame.

The Regular PCE and CoreGrafx pads are excellent. Never ran into many 6 button games that I really cared for on the PCE.

This. The RX pad is garbage.

Hori Fighting Commander is where it's at. That or the Hori PCE stick.

powerflower
12-14-2017, 12:49 PM
Congratulations to the NeoSD team! Awesome killer product and the fact it's in FPGA is even just more awesome.

Would love to attach this Goody to my LT but sadly my wallet says no :( Hope sales will be throughout 2018? I need this badly.

Edit: Would it be possible to implement real time save states in the near future? Also autofire at 1/60sec would be a fun thing too.

I wonder what the law says you putting teh Romz on it ? ;) But seriously, be happy this thing exists. They even give a 1 Year warranty. A luxury I didn't have with all my jap 16/32 Bit consoles and guess what, they still going strong.

TwinFami
12-14-2017, 01:16 PM

This. The RX pad is garbage.

Hori Fighting Commander is where it's at. That or the Hori PCE stick.

Oh yeah. That D-Pad is horrible. It's way too wide and it is stiff as all hell. I'd rather play a fighter with the SWITCH D-Pad with it's stupid buttons for directions than this RX crap....

supergoose
12-14-2017, 01:19 PM
With the law in the hand, i would preffer not to sell to a guy that comes with the "law in the hand" at first time.
Rightfully so. I told quite a few potential eBay buyers to fuck off for the exact same reason.

Here's a little anecdote that may make you smile ... or throw up:
We once got a call from a customer who went on to complain about the granny panties that she had bought almost 2 years ago. She said she wanted to return them and that she expected a full refund. Best thing about that story was that she actually asked whether or not she was required to wash them before sending them back.

GohanX
12-14-2017, 01:22 PM
https://zippy.gfycat.com/RelievedPiercingKestrel.gif

Rot
12-14-2017, 01:23 PM
Yohanov (http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/member.php?61915-Yohanov)... War Room Locked...

...Surplus to requirements for the forseeable future...

Legolas... move your crappy 6 button talk to General Tech...

Last warning...

xROTx

powerflower
12-14-2017, 01:26 PM
...sorry wrong thread...

Rot
12-14-2017, 01:36 PM
...sorry wrong thread...

That's VERY wise of you...

xROTx

neosd
12-14-2017, 01:40 PM
Rightfully so. I told quite a few potential eBay buyers to fuck off for the exact same reason.

Here's a little anecdote that may make you smile ... or throw up:
We once got a call from a customer who went on to complain about the granny panties that she had bought almost 2 years ago. She said she wanted to return them and that she expected a full refund. Best thing about that story was that she actually asked whether or not she was required to wash them before sending them back.

You would not imagine the things i saw here. Remember we are Spanish, the place where "lazarillo de Tormes" was written, just google about that ...

I am of the opinion that one has to use comon sense.

If i buy something like a neosd and for some reason it stops working after 2 years and i havenīt used a driller on it nor i havenīt passed a solder iron over it, it just stopped working, i would be upset and i would not blame the seller.
I would just send an email asking for help. I think any seller would put his mind on his customers place and would help him.
This is comon sense.

If the same seller sends an email asking for a refund or something like that after 2 years, it makes harder to empathize and try to give him a solution.

We are not going to eat potatos among a week to send a replacement unit to an user that gets his neosd screwed after 2 years.
While sending a replacement unit, we are giving a valuable solution to a legit customer.

And this is not about reputation, this is about one putting himself on others position.
When you are an small company you care about others, when you are a corporation there are only numbers there.