PDA

View Full Version : PCE Super SD System 3 - Terraonion New Product (Dec 2017)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]

Gummy Bear
04-30-2018, 07:03 AM
OK so I've had my SSDS3 for about a week now and it's thoroughly impressive.
It's worked with every* game I've tried and I have no visual issues at all.

*I am however having trouble getting the text and dub patched Ys IV - Dawn of Ys to work.
I have tried downloading a pre-patched one and also ripping my retail JPN disc.
It seems to have 2 isos in 1 disc (track 2 and track 32 I think), which I've not seen before and the system gives me a disc error when I try to load it.
It's in the iso, wav, cue format.

Anyone had any joy getting this game to run?

GohanX
04-30-2018, 07:26 AM
First, check your cue file to make sure it is correct (loading problems are usually bad cue files.)

If that checks out, you could always try to burn the disc and try it out on a real system or Magic Engine. If it works, rip it to a BIN/CUE format. That's actually what I did with mine since I prefer to keep everything in tidy BIN/CUE format.

rouken
04-30-2018, 02:07 PM
I would like to know if someone can upload some .bup save files from this device... One "backram.bup" file with the saves of some games stored into it, and some "per-game backup RAM" .bup save files. I want to make some tests with them...Quoting myself just to reinforce my request... I really wish to check this save file format... :eye::eye:

If a save of Bomberman can be included in the save pack, it will be super nice too... :glee:

Gummy Bear
05-01-2018, 11:19 AM
Ahh that's a good idea. Re-rip it or somehow compile it into a regular bin cue.
I'll give that a try, thanks.

Kid Panda
05-01-2018, 12:23 PM
Y's IV
I ripped my own disc and applied the patch with zero issues. Game runs great, played through the whole thing last month.

Syn
05-01-2018, 01:04 PM
I'm having problems with it myself.

Kid Panda
05-01-2018, 01:06 PM

MP Send.

Hydr0genjukebox
05-01-2018, 11:14 PM
Hey, guys. Is there a link for the program that allows us to add the bitmap images for our games in the preview window? I can't seem to find it on Terraonion's site.

Seren
05-02-2018, 03:16 AM

What issue are you getting? The pre patched one i have, boots fine, yet the text and audio is still in Japanese.

Syn
05-02-2018, 01:06 PM
It freezes where it shows the 2 companies names. It's on a SuperGrafx and it doesn't matter where the compatibility switch is positioned.

legolas119
05-02-2018, 03:08 PM
hi guys,

just a quick question. When i format (in Fat32 or exFat) the microSD, is it necessary to set a specific cluster size? I have a 64GB microSD and it shows different cluster size: from 4096 byte to 32768 kilobyte

thank you

Gummy Bear
05-02-2018, 05:48 PM
hi guys,

just a quick question. When i format (in Fat32 or exFat) the microSD, is it necessary to set a specific cluster size? I have a 64GB microSD and it shows different cluster size: from 4096 byte to 32768 kilobyte

thank you

Just leave the cluster size as default.

Edit:
Finally got Ys IV working (after many failed attempts) :
Ripped my retail JPN disc using Turborip (which took 2 days.. Not kidding)
Applied the text and dub patches from ysutopia.
Converted the iso/wav/cue mess to bin/cue using Cdmage.
Stuck it on my SD card and it works! Yaaay!

Dacider
05-03-2018, 03:00 PM

Edit:

Result :)

Kid Panda
05-03-2018, 03:01 PM

Edit:

Two days? How old is your computer? Mine that I ripped with is 12 years old. Took 15 mins.

Gummy Bear
05-03-2018, 04:00 PM
Two days? How old is your computer? Mine that I ripped with is 12 years old. Took 15 mins.

It's not that old.
I suspect some kind of mild incompatibility that made it lag like crazy.

legolas119
05-03-2018, 04:36 PM

thank you

Dacider
05-04-2018, 04:46 AM

Edit:

Result! Glad you got it working :)

NeoEsZ
05-05-2018, 10:58 PM
I get random graphical glitches on Mad Stalker. It sort of "resets" level to level, but once it starts it persists and gets worse. Certain sprites are replaced with garbled mess, including the UI.

Disk is ripped using Turborip. Anyone else have this issue?

RevQuixo
05-06-2018, 06:54 PM
I get random graphical glitches on Mad Stalker. It sort of "resets" level to level, but once it starts it persists and gets worse. Certain sprites are replaced with garbled mess, including the UI.

Nope. Played it earlier without any issues for about half an hour. Will keep trying.

fenikso
05-06-2018, 09:48 PM

Perhaps a stupid question, considering how many times it's been discussed, but: Do you have the in game trigger disabled? Because if it's enabled it may cause a game to crash.

Robert_g
05-07-2018, 06:00 AM
Hi Folks.

Out of curiosity... Anyone who ordered around March 13th, and already got a shipping Notice ?

Samy83
05-07-2018, 01:32 PM
Hi Folks.

Out of curiosity... Anyone who ordered around March 13th, and already got a shipping Notice ?

Hi,

Ordered mine March 17th and the status is still "Payment accepted"...

Syn
05-07-2018, 02:44 PM
This may not be the best place for updates or info since TerraOnion opened their site.

lachlan
05-08-2018, 02:54 AM
This may not be the best place for updates or info since TerraOnion opened their site.

No way :envy:

SRRAE
05-08-2018, 04:58 AM
Hi,

I was about to ask something similar. Does anyone know what the current lead time for purchasing one is?
I understand it's a small production team I was just wondering of a rough expected time scale.

Robert_g
05-08-2018, 08:02 AM
I was about to ask something similar. Does anyone know what the current lead time for purchasing one is?
I understand it's a small production team I was just wondering of a rough expected time scale.

From what I read in their Forum, 6 Weeks.
My 6 Weeeks have passed, and the status update on their Site is 4 Weeks old.
So, I don't know.

CrisUK
05-08-2018, 01:17 PM
Anyone who ordered around March 13th, and already got a shipping Notice ?

I ordered 14th March. Nothing shipped yet.

Last time I checked, there has one been one update on shipping progress on the official forum, and that was back in the middle of April.

So I think we can assume the 6 week shipping window has slipped a bit. No particular rush here, but a little update on the current situation might put a few minds at ease.

xwred5
05-08-2018, 08:32 PM
I assume they were off last week for labor day, I ordered 3/22, so I am right behind you :-)

FBBTJ
05-09-2018, 03:13 AM
Hello,

Thank you so much for this great product. This is awesome !

I still have a little question : The Super SD System 3 works with the PC Engine LT, but since the CD sound is not sent back to the PC Engine, we just have the image and the "basic sound" on the console and not the CD music. Is there a solution to that or do you think you will release a version that will return the CD sound to the interface in the future ?

I doubt that this feature is not useful for the majority of PCE players, but I still ask because we are always looking for the ultimate device when we love a console.

Thank you so much, I had a great evening on my Coregrafx ;-)

Hello,

If someone of the Terraonion's team has an answer for me, I'm still interested ;-)

Thank you and good day !

Gummy Bear
05-09-2018, 05:22 AM
Hello,

If someone of the Terraonion's team has an answer for me, I'm still interested ;-)

Thank you and good day !

Terraonion appear to have completely abandoned this thread.
You might have to register on their new forum.

That said... I'd bet folding money that the answer to that question will be a solid "no".

SRRAE
05-10-2018, 02:42 AM
Where is terronions forum?

Gummy Bear
05-10-2018, 03:34 AM
Where is terronions forum?

https://forums.terraonion.com

CrisUK
05-10-2018, 03:34 AM
I ordered 14th March. Nothing shipped yet.

Just got my DHL shipping notification a few minutes ago :)

Robert_g
05-10-2018, 03:39 AM

Jep. So did I :D

kogami
05-10-2018, 03:55 AM

When did you order?

xwred5
05-10-2018, 05:49 AM
Ordered 3/22. Mine shipped today 5/10. :-)

kogami
05-10-2018, 07:33 AM
Shippend me too in DHL :D

3/30 for me

Robert_g
05-10-2018, 07:35 AM
13/03/2018 for me

Samy83
05-10-2018, 09:30 AM
Hi,

Just got my DHL shipping notification a few minutes ago too :glee:

F4U57
05-10-2018, 10:11 AM
http://i63.tinypic.com/2upfdip.png

+1

AlxUnderBase
05-14-2018, 01:58 AM
"Also, next week we will start replacing V1 boards for V2.
I will write a detailed post next monday/tuesday about replacement boards (to give unstructions), and in 2 weeks i will write a detailed post about production /shipping for the next months and products" So ... today or tommorow will be news about the replacement boards program !

pixeljunkie
05-14-2018, 08:49 AM
I can't get "verified" to use the Terraonion forums for some reason. So, hopefully you guys will post here if a FW update drops or something.

Gummy Bear
05-14-2018, 09:04 AM
Yeah I don't think everything is up and running properly yet.
I can't register my SSD3 serial in the downloads section either.

xwred5
05-14-2018, 09:39 AM
Received mine today. Works great.

Hot Button Topics:
RGB: I don't see any RGB issues on V2. I am not really a connoisseur, using my OSSC with the same LPF I use on my SNES it looked good.
Audio Noise: I hear it, it just reminds me of that noise you hear when an optical drive is being accessed. IN GAME, it's been completely ignorable (for my 30 min test run). Annoying = yes. Gamebreaking = No.

Other comments:
Fit into my TG16 like a glove.
It's a tight fit for my RGC UK cable connection, but works.
Getting the SD card in and out is a PITA. I have no fingernails. I placed a credit card object nearby.

All in all, this is great.

SavagePencil
05-14-2018, 10:09 AM
Received mine today. Works great.

Getting the SD card in and out is a PITA. I have no fingernails. I placed a credit card object nearby.

I just use the edge of an SD Card adaptor to poke the card in and out. Convenient since that's where the SD card is going to, anyway!

RevQuixo
05-14-2018, 12:24 PM
Yeah I don't think everything is up and running properly yet.
I can't register my SSD3 serial in the downloads section either.

That isn't up an running at all..but the forums should be..I'll ping Todd.

Yodd
05-14-2018, 12:33 PM
I can't get "verified" to use the Terraonion forums for some reason. So, hopefully you guys will post here if a FW update drops or something.

Did you not receive the email?

or did the link in the email not work?

Yodd
05-14-2018, 12:59 PM
Problem fixed. We found a problem with the email account that sends out the new user activation links (and PM notices).

This has been fixed and new user account emails have been re-sent.

Sorry for that folks.

If any of you guys use Twitter, feel free to reach out to me there in case of any problems. It's @ToddsNerdCave

F4U57
05-14-2018, 11:48 PM
I received my authentication email and SSDS3 today, cheers!

THIAGO MOYA
05-15-2018, 11:17 AM
MAKE A PURCHASE OF THE Super SD System 3 on 05/09/2018
I'm from Brazil, can anyone tell me if posts are standard?

pixeljunkie
05-15-2018, 11:22 AM
Problem fixed. We found a problem with the email account that sends out the new user activation links (and PM notices).

This has been fixed and new user account emails have been re-sent.

Sorry for that folks.

If any of you guys use Twitter, feel free to reach out to me there in case of any problems. It's @ToddsNerdCave

got it! thanks!

THIAGO MOYA
05-15-2018, 11:24 AM
I want to know if delivery Super SD Sytem 3 is active?

Tripredacus
05-15-2018, 12:08 PM
I haven't read Brazil import laws in a while... has it changed so that this doesn't count as contraband? I remember there was some dumb law where any electronic device that cost more than $30 (of some currency) would just be confiscated.

Seren
05-15-2018, 12:55 PM
I haven't read Brazil import laws in a while... has it changed so that this doesn't count as contraband? I remember there was some dumb law where any electronic device that cost more than $30 (of some currency) would just be confiscated.

I think it's still in place, as I still don't ship there (too many issues like this tbh) on losing money on electrical items.

Zebpro
05-15-2018, 04:33 PM
Hi there,

I ordered mine on the 04/22 and I just receive an email about its shipping done today!! :buttrock: :multi_co: :cool:

The DHL email tells me it should arrive tomorrow (I live in France that's why it's so fast :)).

Syn
05-15-2018, 04:48 PM
Hi there,

I ordered mine on the 04/22 and I just receive an email about its shipping done today!! :buttrock: :multi_co: :cool:

The DHL email tells me it should arrive tomorrow (I live in France that's why it's so fast :)).

I bet TerraOnion would like to hear that!

They check their forums but rarely come here anymore.

opt2not
05-15-2018, 05:54 PM
"neo-geo.com...for all your TerraOnion shipping inquiry needs"

Xavier
05-15-2018, 07:04 PM
Hey, guys. Is there a link for the program that allows us to add the bitmap images for our games in the preview window? I can't seem to find it on Terraonion's site.
http://www.neosdstore.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/GameDbManager-3.zip

Got mine yesterday ordered around 4/6 and shipped via UPS. Ups came through for once and I got it 3 days early!
No problems what so ever that I can tell. Video looks great using cheap Ebay scart cart cable and after market power supply.

Oops earlier I said I thought 64gb should be big enough for an sd card. My games were all zipped so I'll need to pick and choose and clean up a bit more.

Hesterfu
05-15-2018, 08:45 PM
I GOT MINE TODAY!! :)

I cant register my unit on the download page. It says "The product serial number does not exist."

Can i get some help?

Syn
05-15-2018, 10:23 PM

I cant register my unit on the download page. It says "The product serial number does not exist."

Can i get some help?

Sure, go to their forums.

Xavier
05-16-2018, 01:09 AM
https://fantasyanime.com/garden/cd_download.htm
http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/retro/tg-16/xak-iii---the-eternal-recurrence-j-t-eng/

Thank-you NightWolve for your service..
Anyways any other translated pc engine CD games?

Gummy Bear
05-16-2018, 07:45 AM

Can i get some help?

That's apparently not up and running yet for SSDS3

Hesterfu
05-16-2018, 01:16 PM
My timeline....

- Ordered mine - March 23rd
- Shipping notification (by UPS) - May 10th
- Arrived to Mexico - May 15th
- I was charged $100 USD for custom fees! hahahahahaha, shit. But well, fast and sceure shipping to Mexico is not cheap.

Max
05-18-2018, 02:15 PM
Does anyone know if this fabulous Super SD Sytem 3 is still in stock on their neosd store? I'd like to buy it one of these days...Moreover, I read there were some issues with the rgb output signal, has it been solved yet?
Thanks for your kind reply....I'm a newcomer here in this forum....
cheers

Max

Dochartaigh
05-18-2018, 03:16 PM
Does anyone know if this fabulous Super SD Sytem 3 is still in stock on their neosd store? I'd like to buy it one of these days...Moreover, I read there were some issues with the rgb output signal, has it been solved yet?
Thanks for your kind reply....I'm a newcomer here in this forum....
cheers

Max

RGB output is improved for many people, but others still have issues in areas of solid color (diagonal banding and/or lines of a lightly different shade or whatnot). Mine looks fine on my CRT's but don't think I've tried it on my OSSC or Framemeister on a flatscreen/LED TV yet. Bigger problem for me is there's an annoying buzz sound from the audio whenever the SD card is accessed (during CD games mostly) which personally drives me crazy (but then it doesn't bother some people so YMMV).

For questions about stock I haven't been keeping tabs of that, but you can check on their forum: https://forums.terraonion.com/ .
In the past it was common knowledge that it would take multiple weeks before you get it no matter what.

Max
05-18-2018, 03:50 PM
RGB output is improved for many people, but others still have issues in areas of solid color (diagonal banding and/or lines of a lightly different shade or whatnot). Mine looks fine on my CRT's but don't think I've tried it on my OSSC or Framemeister on a flatscreen/LED TV yet. Bigger problem for me is there's an annoying buzz sound from the audio whenever the SD card is accessed (during CD games mostly) which personally drives me crazy (but then it doesn't bother some people so YMMV).

For questions about stock I haven't been keeping tabs of that, but you can check on their forum: https://forums.terraonion.com/ .
In the past it was common knowledge that it would take multiple weeks before you get it no matter what.

Thanks mate, you have been so clear and exhausted to me....I'l have a look at the forum for sure!!!!!
Cheers

c0op3r
06-03-2018, 09:26 PM
I ordered one of the PCE Super SD System 3 and one of the NeoSD MVS units - now I wait.

Tgames
06-04-2018, 05:17 AM

Of course it's bother customers, but each times we said something on the problems of the SSD3, each times some people treat us as shit
They said "It's playable and RGB is not measurable" LOL... You are a stupid french etc etc... so much love =)

I'm happy with the V2, it's HUGE better than the V1 but not still good as expected (buzzy sound, lines on RGB). BUT it's really a huge improvement over the V1.

But still a alpha/beta device with lot of problems. But like it said it's a huge improvement over the V1 (i can compare them, i was a customer of the V1).

The V1 was a shame the V2 is "good"... I'm honest now it's playable, not very good but playable (after you use the V1, you will see the V2 totally differently).

Anyway, i think we will never get a SSD3 without any issues but i hope the buzzy sound will be fixed in future updates...

FilthyRear
06-04-2018, 07:31 AM
Of course it's bother customers, but each times we said something on the problems of the SSD3, each times some people treat us as shit
They said "It's playable and RGB is not measurable" LOL... You are a stupid french etc etc... so much love =)

Who else is making something like this? You?

If it's not "imperfect RGB" its some other fucking complaint. People like you are never fucking happy.

Tgames
06-04-2018, 08:09 AM
A 240€ product and you don't want a product of quality ?! ==> Extremely expensive if you compare with Everdrives/GDEmu/PSIO.

For a cheap product i can undestand but here... some people are too kind i will say (not using bad words)

So why not every console with composite signal ? Or RF signal ? It's playable right ?

So why people buy Nes HDMI, N64 HDMI, Nes RGB... if they don't want a good picture for retrogaming.

Same for PC Engine dude ! Better RGB mod circuit exists, why not a simple RGB signal with jailbars and buzzing sound ? People like me are never happy you have fucking right :D.

I pay for something, this thing is extremely expensive and i want something good ! No sense you have sooooo right !

Tell this to Retro Gaming Cables customers or even Packapunch owners, they will laugh with what you said.

Even My Life in Gaming or Rob (RetroRGB) says that today we need a pure good RGB signal for own consoles, because we are purist and retrogamers and we want products of quality.

FilthyRear
06-04-2018, 08:15 AM
For 240, the product does everything it was intended to do, and the picture through composite is beautiful, crisp, and clean on my XM29.

Seems to me the majority of complaints are people trying to run it through upscalers and bitching that there's no RGB.

But if the French thinks they can make a product like this, then more power to them.

Tgames
06-04-2018, 08:23 AM
"Composite is beautiful, crips, and clean"

:O :O :O :O

I can't say anything more to this ! LOL

Edit : Everything except Hucard, lot of games are glitched dude ! Test your device before say this !
Everything except crips CD playback... Lot of noices on sound and i'm not the only one to say this !

FilthyRear
06-04-2018, 08:27 AM
Edit : Everything except Hucard, lot of games are glitched dude ! Test your device before says this !

I havent had any games "glitch" on me, homeboy, looks like yours is broken.

RAZO
06-04-2018, 08:29 AM
A 240€ product and you don't want a product of quality ?! ==> Extremely expensive if you compare with Everdrives.

For a cheap product i can undestand but here... some people are too kind i will say.

So why not every console with composite signal ? Or RF signal ? It's playable right ?

So why people buy Nes HDMI, N64 HDMI, Nes RGB... if they don't want a good picture for retrogaming.

Same for PC Engine dude ! Better RGB mod circuit exists, why not a simple RGB signal with jailbars and buzzing sound ? People like me are never happy you have fucking right :D.

I pay for something, this thing is extremely expensive and i want something good !

I think that the TerraOnion support forum is up. Why don't you go over there and complain?

I've been messing around with mine for a good amount of time now and hardly notice the issues you mentioned. Only issue I've noticed is I'll sometimes lose the music on some of the Intro's in some of my CD games but that could be a issue with my CD files and not the super sd. If I want perfection I'll hunt down the original CD and play it on my rgb modded duo but I love the convenience factor of the Super Sd.

Want a perfect device? Fix the issues yourself or build a better device. You could also just hint down some of these original CD games and hu cards that might set you back as much as the price of the Super Sd.

Tgames
06-04-2018, 08:30 AM
Says that My Life in Gaming are lyers, i encounter EXACTLY the game glitchs like them in lot of HuCard games !

Also it's not my fault if in france we had RGB Scart in own TV since the beginning.

We never use the composite signal (awful signal by the way). Except on Nes (it's RGB from composite) and Nintendo 64 (the Nintendo 64 had the circuit without composents for RGB only in french model)

Master System, Megadrive, PC Engine, Saturn, Dreamcast, Snes, Gamecube, Xbox, PS1/PS2 all are RGB in france.

We recognised the quality of picture... :p

Tgames
06-04-2018, 08:34 AM
Want a perfect device? Fix the issues yourself or build a better device.

I'm a customer, they are the seller.
I need to explain more or you undestand the issue ?

When you sell something, you will says NOT my fault you can build a better device dude ! LOL

When someone build your house and they are lot of malfunctions things... NOT MY FAULT, build a better house yourself !! LOL so funny

Rot
06-04-2018, 08:38 AM
...and the convo goes around and around....

Hey Tgames... ever thought you might be better complaining on the Official Terraonion support site? As the lads here aint gonna kiss your ballsach...

It's nicer there... less stress for your entitled ass...

Tgames
06-04-2018, 08:38 AM
Like Rob says Rot, like Rob says...
How much money for your support ? :p

Because everytime some critize the product, everytime you are here to insult customers !

FilthyRear
06-04-2018, 08:40 AM

People buy that shit because theyre too stupid to realize that these systems were not made for HDTV's, hench the picture will NEVER be perfect for those displays. Yet these people will continue to pay out the ass for upscalers, Framemeisters, OSSCs, etc and spend ridiculous amounts of time tweaking with settings to get that picture "just right" when it WILL NEVER BE.

People like me are never happy you have fucking right :D.

If you think you can do so much better, go right the fuck ahead.

Even My Life in Gaming or Rob (RetroRGB) says that today we need a pure good RGB signal for own consoles, because we are purist and retrogamers and we want products of quality.

I can't say anything more to this ! LOL

Tgames
06-04-2018, 08:41 AM
Car sellers need to says that, something not working right as expected ? Build it yourself !!

Rot
06-04-2018, 08:42 AM
Like Rob says Rot, like Rob says...
How much money for your support ? :p

Because everytime some critize the product, everytime you are here to insult customers !

Nothing.... are you implying I'm a mercenary?

I work for THIS website... and the scene in general...

SO... I'd like an answer... and soon...

Tw3ek
06-04-2018, 08:43 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujBjn1qeCLs

Tgames
06-04-2018, 08:43 AM
It's not that Todd said everywhere, like you ban people for asking question... !! @Rot

Rot
06-04-2018, 08:46 AM
It's not that Todd said everywhere, like you ban people for asking question... !! @Rot

I don't ban for people asking questions...

HOWEVER... seeing as you're not in the mood for answering my initial question....

You can sit out your NG.com stay in the War room.. for the forseeable future...

TG62
06-04-2018, 08:48 AM
You ban people when they simply says something about this product right ? It's exactly that you just done !
Everybody who see this topic now are aware of that.

TG62
06-04-2018, 08:49 AM
Censorship it's not what i call a decent forum !

Rot
06-04-2018, 08:50 AM
You ban people when they simply says something about this product right ? It's exactly that you just done !
Everybody who see this topic now are aware of that.

NOPE... I already talked to Tgames before...

He also didn't answer my question.... what do you think this is Frenchie? A fuckin' democracy?

You can join him in the War Room as well.. bye bye...

FilthyRear
06-04-2018, 09:04 AM
LOL

Au revoir!

Yodd
06-04-2018, 09:16 AM

I see you decided to drag me into this.

If you are having all these issues, you need to post on the TerraOnion support forum.

Start a thread in tech support there.

RAZO
06-04-2018, 09:39 AM
When someone builds your house and they are lot of malfunctions things... NOT MY FAULT, build a better house yourself !! LOL so funny

You are comparing a Home, one of the most expensive purchases you will most likely make in your life with a electronic device that costs $300.

Ok, I'll bite. Don't know how it works in La France but here in the States once you sign on the dotted line, it's pretty much a wrap.

Some New homes may come with a warranty that if you run into any issues like bad plumbing or electrical for example, they will have to fix but once you move in and have been living in the home you can't just say I don't really like the color of my walls, or the texture on my mosaic tile or my central air unit is too loud and I want another central air unit. Shit doesn't work like that.

Buying a older home, it's up to you or your real estate agent to hire a home inspector and check out the home you are going to buy. If you buy a used home and 2 months later you run into a major issue, it's on you to hire someone to fix it or fix it yourself.

I think some of you French that come on this site need a class on how to be humble. Remember, the world doesn't revolve around you.

Thierry Henry
06-04-2018, 09:45 AM
because we are purist....

https://m.popkey.co/43e719/16Jvx.gif

Damulta
06-04-2018, 11:16 AM
V-3 No RGB....I would cut support totally. You can't please some people.

nono2lozere
06-04-2018, 12:19 PM
Censorship it's not what i call a decent forum !

Hey Tgames, now I know why Frenchie are bashed here...

edit: I mean he won't help us (french people here) to be "respected", I doesn't tell he is right.

Rot
06-04-2018, 12:44 PM
I THINK.... I'd best make it clear...

I have really nothing against the French... MY BEEF is with people who think this forum is some sort of Democratic platform...

SURE... there are some people who feel I protect Alex and his stuff... and that's a fair comment...

HOWEVER, this beef was about an issue of RGB (YES... more RGB bullshit...)... This has been done to death here... and there is an official Terraonion support website now...

SO, when the members tell you to shut up... go there... and I tell you to shut up... and go there...

It would be fuckin' advisable not to irritate me... ESCPECIALLY when I already warned Tgames about his posts a few weeks ago...

xROTx

PS. ALSO... fuck that other French n00b who thinks he's someone who can critisice me... I will kill EVERYONE and ALL of those accounts...

neosd
06-04-2018, 04:21 PM
Just an small update guys, neosd pro MVS preseries will be produced in 10 days,

All parts (pcbs and chips) are at factory waiting for SMT slot (since 3 weeks ago), we got regular neosd mvs batch today so the next one on the SMT queue is NEOSD PRO MVS.

More news as soon as we got the boards.

JockMan
06-05-2018, 02:41 AM
I have really nothing against the French... MY BEEF is with people who think this forum is some sort of Democratic platform...

Ah, now that might be a culture problem for a nation who murdered their royal family in search of democracy

Kid Panda
06-05-2018, 02:51 AM
I see you decided to drag me into this.

If you are having all these issues, you need to post on the TerraOnion support forum.

Start a thread in tech support there.

He won't for fear of being deleted. :lolz: This dude is pathetic, if he doesn't like it, then sell it.

greatfunky
06-05-2018, 11:49 AM
Rot , thanks for the bans of those morons , i felt shameful.

AlxUnderBase
06-05-2018, 12:45 PM
50474Today the V2 Sss3 board comes in my hands with the SSS3 replacement program ! Two weeks from tha day i send them my V1 rev and then the TO send me back the V2 board ! I'm happy for all of these beauties ... works great ! Cheers guys !

zetastrike
06-19-2018, 08:15 AM
Hey, first post. I got my SSDS3 in the mail yesterday and I'm unable to access the downloads section of the NeoSD store. It won't accept my email address despite having an account and buying the product and it claims the serial number of the system isn't valid. I asked on Reddit and someone else was having the same problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

FilthyRear
06-19-2018, 08:16 AM
TO has their own forums for issues. Please post there.

FilthyRear
06-19-2018, 08:17 AM

RevQuixo
06-19-2018, 02:19 PM
Hey, first post. I got my SSDS3 in the mail yesterday and I'm unable to access the downloads section of the NeoSD store. It won't accept my email address despite having an account and buying the product and it claims the serial number of the system isn't valid. I asked on Reddit and someone else was having the same problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

There are no new firmwares to download and that section of the website hasn't been updated yet to the new format anyway. Also, this sort of question is better suited for the Terra onion official forums (where it has been answered already).

https://forums.terraonion.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=80

neosd
06-25-2018, 03:33 PM
we have added the serials and uploaded the firmware 1.2 today.

;)

pixeljunkie
06-26-2018, 10:21 AM
we have added the serials and uploaded the firmware 1.2 today.

;)

Oh hell yes! thank you!

FlanaganAgency
06-29-2018, 07:34 PM
Is it possible to support seven Unlicensed Game Express CD games?

I hope that the doctor will support these 7 unofficial Games Express CD Card I think it is perfect.

Jibbajaba
06-29-2018, 09:22 PM

I hope that the doctor will support these 7 unofficial Games Express CD Card I think it is perfect.

Thank you for pointing this out. I will be sure to mention a lack of support for unlicensed cringey weeaboo anime porn titles when I finally get around to doing my review next month

F4U57
06-29-2018, 10:45 PM
Thank you for pointing this out. I will be sure to mention a lack of support for unlicensed cringey weeaboo anime porn titles when I finally get around to doing my review next month

I think it is perfect.

Tech&Music
06-30-2018, 03:52 PM

The system just isn't complete without the true masterpiece that is Hi-Leg Fantasy.

Yodd
06-30-2018, 08:49 PM

I believe they are already supported and have been since day one. Just use a Game Express bios file with them.

toaks
07-01-2018, 08:08 PM
They already are supported.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

greedostick
07-04-2018, 05:37 PM
I believe they are already supported and have been since day one. Just use a Game Express bios file with them.

Yep, I asked this before it was even released.

legolas119
07-22-2018, 07:42 AM
Hi,

i have a question: i bought the cart about 6 months ago, and it stil has the original firmware. Is it available a new firmware or it isn't released yet?

thanks!

Kid Panda
07-22-2018, 08:11 AM
Hi,

i have a question: i bought the cart about 6 months ago, and it stil has the original firmware. Is it available a new firmware or it isn't released yet?

thanks!

Yes, you should go to the terraonion forums for these types of questions though.

legolas119
07-22-2018, 11:28 AM
Yes, you should go to the terraonion forums for these types of questions though.

ok thanks. in the Terraonion forum i don't find a topic for this, can I open a new one? I checked in this area: https://forums.terraonion.com/viewforum.php?f=10

Kid Panda
07-22-2018, 11:38 AM
ok thanks. in the Terraonion forum i don't find a topic for this, can I open a new one?

No, I mean the site for the terraonion forums.

https://forums.terraonion.com/

legolas119
07-22-2018, 11:42 AM
i replied to you simultaneously :)
Ok i will open there a topic, thanks

legolas119
08-28-2018, 01:52 PM
Hi

i uses Game DB manager in order to download the images for my .pce and iso+cue games.
First I SCAN roms present on my microsd and themn i pushed CONVERT IMGS. but nothing happened...
I remember that some months ago i was able to download the images with DB Manager...then i deleted probably them and now i want to download them again but i don't remember which is the right way...

can you help me please?

RAZO
08-28-2018, 03:51 PM
Hi

i uses Game DB manager in order to download the images for my .pce and iso+cue games.
First I SCAN roms present on my microsd and themn i pushed CONVERT IMGS. but nothing happened...
I remember that some months ago i was able to download the images with DB Manager...then i deleted probably them and now i want to download them again but i don't remember which is the right way...

can you help me please?

https://forums.terraonion.com/

legolas119
08-29-2018, 01:03 AM
ok thanks

I solved this problem.

Syn
08-29-2018, 04:47 PM
Again for those not paying attention, NeoSD has TerraOnion.com now and doesn't post here as often. If you want timely support your best bet is posting questions there.

Posting questions here means you're either going to have to wait a while or people will direct you there.

Worst part is people like legoass who have to be told every single time.

Jibbajaba
08-30-2018, 01:02 AM
legoass

https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steamcommunity/public/images/avatars/3a/3a187890358c0bc79e337699b3baf91888ea57f8_full.jpg

FilthyRear
08-30-2018, 06:25 AM
ok thanks

I solved this problem.

No one cares.

neosd
09-02-2018, 05:37 PM
;)

Syn
09-02-2018, 05:55 PM
;)

Perfect example neosd, between projects and your own forum, this is the first break since June to post here. I'm glad everything is going well ;)

F4U57
09-02-2018, 07:55 PM
How do I get the image previews working on the SSDS3?

I checked TO forums and there’s no breakdown of steps, so I’m asking here where my fam is.

Anyone done it successfully?

neosd
09-03-2018, 01:25 PM
Perfect example neosd, between projects and your own forum, this is the first break since June to post here. I'm glad everything is going well ;)

i read ng.com as much as our own forums, i got a really good memories from 2 years ago here, with neosd release.
My infinite gratitute to everyone that helped us.

How do I get the image previews working on the SSDS3?

I checked TO forums and thereís no breakdown of steps, so Iím asking here where my fam is.

Anyone done it successfully?

http://downloads.terraonion.com/public/NeoBuilderUI_1.03.zip

F4U57
09-04-2018, 03:56 AM
http://downloads.terraonion.com/public/NeoBuilderUI_1.03.zip

This is for SSDS3?:spock:

neosd
09-04-2018, 04:44 AM
This is for SSDS3?:spock:

Yes, its for SSDS3. This tool lets you add custom images to the menu

pnauts
09-04-2018, 04:14 PM
TO talking about the audio buzz fix here (https://forums.terraonion.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=133)

mastamuzz
09-10-2018, 03:10 PM
So is there something wrong with you guys at terraonion? You used to be on top of stuff like butter on bread and now it feels to me that there is no interest in following up on your own forums or here, seems that the wick is getting shorter and the flame is not as strong as before.

So tell me Alex everything ok?

neosd
09-11-2018, 05:56 AM
So is there something wrong with you guys at terraonion? You used to be on top of stuff like butter on bread and now it feels to me that there is no interest in following up on your own forums or here, seems that the wick is getting shorter and the flame is not as strong as before.

So tell me Alex everything ok?

Honestly, i never wanted our own forum, its another place where to put the time that i lack for.

I was happy here but people insisted so much into make our own forum so we made the forum.

I try to answer here and there, but i canīt spend the day browsing forums cause i have to : produce, source parts, discuss : designs, development. Ship orders, answer emails.

I wish i could multiply X4, for now we are doing our best as always. It may look there are no news or advancements but there are. We just donīt disclose our advances/development lines.

I asume your coment is based in your issue while paying SSDS3, i just donīt have an answer for why you canīt pay and others can. My asumption is the issue is at your end, cause we have received payments from the same country last week.

I mean : i know our payment system is a pain (for both us and you), some banks outside of europe block the transactions to our shop by default forcing users to contact the bank asking for aproval in advance. But adding a payment system that would fix the issue would costs us 6-7% of our total sales in fees. I know we should do it, but i hate to work more hours for others or to rise prices.

Alex,

mastamuzz
09-11-2018, 07:37 AM
Yes is because of that if you see the thread I troubleshoot and fixed my problem without any interaction whatsoever and left breadcrumbs of the process with multiple edits and you just let me know you never went back to the thread.

That's all I needed to know thanks.

neosd
09-11-2018, 09:36 AM
Yes is because of that if you see the thread I troubleshoot and fixed my problem without any interaction whatsoever and left breadcrumbs of the process with multiple edits and you just let me know you never went back to the thread.

That's all I needed to know thanks.

masta, donīt get me wrong, to me everyone is important (and you even more).
I just try to priorize with things that are on my hand to fix. Your payment issue was something it wasnīt on my hand, i wish i would have a solution for it, unfortunally the only solution to your issue was move to another payment system and give 6% of our sales to a company or rise the price of all our products 6%. I donīt like any of those solutions.

I hope you understand my point, this is one of those situations i donīt have a solution for, cause every option is a bad option

mastamuzz
09-11-2018, 12:41 PM
The issue was not payment, the issue was a server error on your end, my account on your store was capped for some reason and I had no access to the payment section to redirect me to the method of payment, that is completely in your network it doesn't have anything to do with my preferred method of payment in the end as I said I solved it by creating a different user so that other user has access to the payment options and as before I could pay.

It was entirely in your web admin hands to solve the issue.

If you check your last Friday sells log you will find my name there.

neosd
09-11-2018, 01:55 PM
The issue was not payment, the issue was a server error on your end, my account on your store was capped for some reason and I had no access to the payment section to redirect me to the method of payment, that is completely in your network it doesn't have anything to do with my preferred method of payment in the end as I said I solved it by creating a different user so that other user has access to the payment options and as before I could pay.

It was entirely in your web admin hands to solve the issue.

If you check your last Friday sells log you will find my name there.

So i totally misunderstood it, i understood that you got an error 500 with your account, that created a new account and were still not able to purchase. So i asumed it was the usual local bank blocking the transaction.

My aplogizes mastamuz

EDIT : yes, i saw your purchase last friday and i knew it was you (cause i looked at the error when you reported it, weeks ago), so i asumed you fixed the issue with your bank.

Max
09-14-2018, 01:26 PM
hey guys, I own a pc engine duo rx is this Super SD System 3 fully compatible with my system?.
thanks for your answers...

Cheers
Max

mastamuzz
09-14-2018, 01:40 PM
hey guys, I own a pc engine duo rx is this Super SD System 3 fully compatible with my system?.

Cheers
Max

If you tell me where is the expansion port on the Duo RX I'll answer your question.

neosd
09-14-2018, 03:33 PM
If you tell me where is the expansion port on the Duo RX I'll answer your question.

masta, i sent you an email two days ago. I was wondering if you saw it or do i am on the "undesired people" list :(

mastamuzz
09-14-2018, 03:43 PM
masta, i sent you an email two days ago. I was wondering if you saw it or do i am on the "undesired people" list :(

where? your forum, my email? send me a pm here.

too late I read it, was on the spam folder, but its ok I wanted it on PO to avoid brokers. thanks anyway

RAZO
09-14-2018, 05:47 PM

lol

greedostick
09-15-2018, 02:48 AM

Cheers
Max

Nope. Get a Core Grafx, TG16, Super Grafx, or regular white PCE. Duo RX has no expansion port.

Max
09-15-2018, 04:42 AM
Nope. Get a Core Grafx, TG16, Super Grafx, or regular white PCE. Duo RX has no expansion port.

I was wondering where the expansion port was.....so I think it'll be better buy a supergrafx so to play all games even the 5 titiles made for this last console system.....I do not know if I bought a "simple" pc engine all these extra 5 games would work on it....any suggestions?....
thank you so much

Yodd
09-15-2018, 10:49 AM
No, supergrafx only games will not work on a non supergrafx console. So if those games are important to you...get a supergrafx.

Max
09-15-2018, 11:32 AM
No, supergrafx only games will not work on a non supergrafx console. So if those games are important to you...get a supergrafx.
thanks man!!!!

mastamuzz
09-15-2018, 02:26 PM
:keke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUPq6X-Y1Kg

c0nn0r
10-02-2019, 01:49 PM
Yo Todd/Yodd - any news on when the next batch of SDS3 will be out? I remember you (or someone at TO) mentioning they will be back in stock late September. This is a need buddy, not a want, so hopefully we will hear some news on re-release dates soon.

Yodd
10-04-2019, 08:33 PM
Hopefully later this month.

roker
10-07-2019, 11:06 PM
Really want one of these for the holidays

Hopefully they'll have enough here in the new few months. Would love to take my Core Grafx to the next level.

RAZO
10-08-2019, 05:12 AM
Really want one of these for the holidays

Hopefully they'll have enough here in the new few months. Would love to take my Core Grafx to the next level.

SAG has them in stock.

https://stoneagegamer.com/super-sd-system-3.html

roker
10-08-2019, 10:26 AM
SAG has them in stock.

https://stoneagegamer.com/super-sd-system-3.html

I'm not ready to buy just yet, but they don't have them in stock. It says, "add to wishlist"

RAZO
10-08-2019, 07:14 PM
I'm not ready to buy just yet, but they don't have them in stock. It says, "add to wishlist"

Ah, missed that sorry.

roker
11-23-2019, 06:41 PM
Well this blows. No Super SD System 3 in stock and I wanted one for Christmas. Oh well. I think I'll get a regular everdrive until they restock it. It's not that'd be hard to resell.

Edit:

https://mobile.twitter.com/terraonion/status/1195438089134583808?s=20

I hope soon means in time for Christmas

c0nn0r
11-23-2019, 08:14 PM
Well this blows. No Super SD System 3 in stock and I wanted one for Christmas. Oh well. I think I'll get a regular everdrive until they restock it. It's not that'd be hard to resell.

Edit:

https://mobile.twitter.com/terraonion/status/1195438089134583808?s=20

I hope soon means in time for Christmas

Terraonion has them on hand, they are just waiting to fulfill all Mega SD orders before putting the SSDS3 out for sale. That are just a few guys so they need to pace themselves. This info comes from their Discord. I expect them to go on sale in a matter of weeks.

c0nn0r
11-26-2019, 09:55 PM
SSDS3 will be available at the Terraonion store Black Friday. They are offering 16% discount on MegaSD. Not sure if the same offer will be available for SSDS3.

roker
11-27-2019, 09:45 PM
SSDS3 will be available at the Terraonion store Black Friday. They are offering 16% discount on MegaSD. Not sure if the same offer will be available for SSDS3.

Really? Stoneage Gamer will not have them for BF. Is it hard to buy from terraonion outside of the EU?

pixeljunkie
11-28-2019, 12:10 AM
Really? Stoneage Gamer will not have them for BF. Is it hard to buy from terraonion outside of the EU?

When I bought mine the shipping wasn't bad - buying direct from Terraonion that is. Still way less than Analogue

c0nn0r
11-28-2019, 09:13 AM

Easy to buy from TO proper. Just use a credit card. I know they had some issues in the past, but it seems to be sorted now since moving to Andorra.

roker
11-28-2019, 12:10 PM
Thanks dudes. I'm picking one up tomorrow.

Kid Panda
11-28-2019, 01:21 PM

Best investment ever.

GohanX
11-29-2019, 05:56 PM
Really? Stoneage Gamer will not have them for BF. Is it hard to buy from terraonion outside of the EU?It's easy to order, the issue Americans tend to have is that the banks seem to block a sudden expensive charge from Andorra since they think it's fraud. But that's the buyer's issue, not TO's. I used to keep a card specifically for overseas orders and had no problems.

ChopstickSamurai
11-29-2019, 06:46 PM
The two times I ordered from TO it went off without a hitch. If I order with the same card from Play Asia itís nothing but a headache since itís always flagged for fraud. I think itís just because they have the word Asia in their name. My bank is clearly racist.

c0nn0r
11-29-2019, 09:15 PM

Did you get one? They sold out pretty fast.

roker
11-30-2019, 08:47 AM
Did you get one? They sold out pretty fast.

Yep, bought one as soon as the sale went live.

c0nn0r
11-30-2019, 09:22 AM
Yep, bought one as soon as the sale went live.

Nice. Me too.

Excited!

roker
11-30-2019, 02:38 PM
Nice. Me too.

Excited!

I downloaded 65 cd rom games last night and the full romset. I'm pretty stoked. One of my favorite systems of all time.

greedostick
11-30-2019, 02:46 PM
I downloaded 65 cd rom games last night and the full romset. I'm pretty stoked. One of my favorite systems of all time.

Theres a SHMUP set hosted online. I cant remember the name of the set off the top of my head, bit I have the page saved on my desktop pc. It's every PCE SHMUP 1:1 ripped in one package.

Edit*** project peacock on archive dot org

ChopstickSamurai
11-30-2019, 03:24 PM
I grabbed the 2019 Redump set from archive.org. 170gb for the whole enchilada (except for two games). After enjoying the Mega SD Iím pretty stoked to give this a spin.

NightWolve
12-01-2019, 08:54 PM
I grabbed the 2019 Redump set from archive.org. 170gb for the whole enchilada (except for two games). After enjoying the Mega SD I’m pretty stoked to give this a spin.

Thanks, I heard about this years ago, never went for the whole thing. It keeps giving me an "170 GB is too large for zip-on-the-fly" error though. You actually downloaded them all clicking links one-by-one or the link for all worked for you ?? Really surprised this is floating around on WayBack/archive.org, heh.

EDIT: Nevermind, I learned about the "DownThemAll!" Add-on/Extension for FireFox, got the hang of it! I guess I'll leave the PC on all night with my 3TB backup drive going to keep all these handy for whenever (especially given the state of emuparadise). I always wanted a nice Download Manager feature like that which gives you a list of parsed out links in a page, feels like it should've been part of browsers by default by now.

roker
12-01-2019, 10:54 PM
I picked them off one by one. I ended up with 93 cd rom games (some dupes). I don't think I need the whole enchilada. A lot of untranslated RPGs and comic adventures.

ChopstickSamurai
12-01-2019, 11:04 PM
EDIT: Nevermind, I learned about the "DownThemAll!" Add-on/Extension for FireFox, got the hang of it! I guess I'll leave the PC on all night with my 3TB backup drive going to keep all these handy for whenever (especially given the state of emuparadise). I always wanted a nice Download Manager feature like that which gives you a list of parsed out links in a page, feels like it should've been part of browsers by default by now.

Thatís the exact way I downloaded them as well. DownThemAll is a fantastic Firefox extension. It really comes in handy.

That set looks like it has all of the disc games sans Steam Hearts and another odd ball title. Shouldnít be too hard to track them down.

Grabbing everything might be overkill, but Iíve found itís nice to just have the whole set from the get go. That way when you hear about a cool sounding game later you already have it. Plus Iíve been way too spoiled by those Smokemonster Everdrive packs over the years. :)

NightWolve
12-02-2019, 02:50 AM
I picked them off one by one. I ended up with 93 cd rom games (some dupes). I don't think I need the whole enchilada. A lot of untranslated RPGs and comic adventures.
Ouch, so you went manual. That took patience!

Yeah, I knew there had to be some decent Download Manager that can fish out zip links. I had some in the past that were good for resuming, and appending as you clicked around on the page.

Thatís the exact way I downloaded them as well. DownThemAll is a fantastic Firefox extension. It really comes in handy.

That set looks like it has all of the disc games sans Steam Hearts and another odd ball title. Shouldnít be too hard to track them down.

Grabbing everything might be overkill, but Iíve found itís nice to just have the whole set from the get go. That way when you hear about a cool sounding game later you already have it. Plus Iíve been way too spoiled by those Smokemonster Everdrive packs over the years. :)

Exactly what I wanted, it should be part of the browser by default! Too much risk of interruption to grab that 170GB archive even if it worked. Plus the time to randomly extract one or two archives in that beast would be painful in seek time!

It's interesting how they ripped the CDs. I agree with the file-per-track form as my TurboRip does to patch translations in games/replace Japanese waves easier (over a solid BIN/CUE), but they stripped the wave header (just 44 bytes), named the audio files with .BIN just like the data tracks...

So if you wanna randomly listen to some of the great PC Engine music, you'd have to do a few extra steps: Unzip, Mount CUE file with a Virtual CD emulator, and then use say ExactAudioCopy/EAC to get a full view of tracks to select audio ones to play... It could then rip to WAV or encode to MP3, etc.

I would've preferred they did BIN/WAV/CUE, but it seems they wanted the wave header stripped to save space in each audio file for more compression I guess. I don't think stripping a 44-byte header for every audio file was worth it to lose the convenience of being able to unzip it using a .wav extension instead to immediately play with the associated music app...

Anyway, interesting choice, and much respect for all the work they did!

Gentlegamer
12-02-2019, 06:44 AM
Sup Nightwolve!

roker
12-02-2019, 12:15 PM
Ouch, so you went manual. That took patience!

It was fine. I didn't know about that extension. I don't see myself going more in depth. If I use that extension can I de-select stuff so I don't redownload what I already have? It would be a waste of time and bandwidth.

Btw there's an official translation for Rondo not on the redump. It was ripped from the Wii release then patched back onto the pce CD version. Just a heads up for those not in the know.

Gentlegamer
12-02-2019, 12:50 PM
Btw there's an official translation for Rondo not on the redump. It was ripped from the Wii release then patched back onto the pce CD version. Just a heads up for those not in the know.

I have the PCE Works bootleg. It's sweet.

GohanX
12-02-2019, 01:22 PM
Did you actually pay for it or did you get one of the freebies?

Gentlegamer
12-02-2019, 02:30 PM
Did you actually pay for it or did you get one of the freebies?

I got the uncased freebie loosie discs.

GohanX
12-02-2019, 03:29 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/6b5f86e726792da5708dcf2365b5e204/tenor.gif?itemid=8747289

NightWolve
12-03-2019, 12:57 AM
If I use that extension can I de-select stuff so I don't redownload what I already have? It would be a waste of time and bandwidth.
Yep, you had to deselect the 170GB ZIP to begin since it does a total *.zip initially.

What I checked for you is a problem though: in Settings, there's only 2 options for what to do if a file already exists in the target folder, Rename or Overwrite... There should've been one more like most FTP apps provide, a Skip, but oh well. So yeah, you'll have to manually deselect lots of files to speed things up.

You should be able to get the hang of it in ~5-10 minutes, but the other caveat is it doesn't let you set a target download folder, you must change that in FireFox General settings to the PC Engine folder you have your other files in. That's about it.

Results: I started the downloads at ~10:00pm last night and all 490 archives finished today at 8pm on a 100Mbps cable line. :)

https://i.postimg.cc/Twkjxnq6/PCECDLibrary.png

I was meaning to find a source like this eventually given the ROMpocalypse Nintendo triggered which made me nervous as ROM sites started "bending a knee" by abandoning non-Nintendo games also after those lawsuits went out!

An aside, it'd be an interesting project to switch to a lossless audio compression format like FLAC/APE and use some other tricks I thought of over the years: Make a diff file with the PCECD data track 2 and its final backup track, then during extraction, just duplicate track 2 and run the diff to recreate a 100% copy... You could achieve even more compression by not carrying both data tracks, but the archive would need a batch file to decompress.

At least 40% of 170GB could be knocked off or more while still preserving data 100%. But, it's probably not really in demand of an idea and I'd have to see how to upload back to WayBack like they did. You'd need batch files for other OSes besides Windows too, like Linux, Android, so another complication...

These archives are ready to mount/burn/work as-is on Windows, Linux, Mac, elsewhere. Probably the Terraonion add-on scans the ZIP for a CUE file, gets to work, all without manual decompression too! That ease is more valuable to most people than space-saving hacks!

Sup Nightwolve!

Hmm, doesn't seem like you're trolling me, so in that case, hello, fellow PCE turbro... ;)

c0nn0r
12-03-2019, 08:34 AM
Internet Archive has a command-line tool that is purpose-built for uploading and downloading from their site. This is what I used to get the SEGA/MEGA CD [redump]. I will use again to get the PCE CD [redump].

https://github.com/jjjake/internetarchive

donluca
12-03-2019, 10:02 AM
Internet Archive has a command-line tool that is purpose-built for uploading and downloading from their site. This is what I used to get the SEGA/MEGA CD [redump]. I will use again to get the PCE CD [redump].

That's godlike! Thanks for sharing!

NightWolve
12-03-2019, 07:48 PM

Ah, I see. Good to know!

roker
12-19-2019, 09:38 AM
I've been playing games like crazy. I'm waiting to sort of let my excitement subside so I can focus one game at a time. I did manage to beat the first of the Ys Book now working on II. Macross 2023 was better than I expected. Any discoveries, guys?

ChopstickSamurai
12-19-2019, 01:00 PM
Iíve been enjoying mine as well, but with work being crazy I havenít had a lot of time with it. I did notice that Ys IV wonít work with the in game trigger enabled. I thought I had messed up patching my copy until I figured this out. So far Iím loving the SSDS3.

My only minor gripe is that I wish the menu worked and looked like the Mega SD one.

pixeljunkie
12-19-2019, 01:03 PM
I've been playing games like crazy. I'm waiting to sort of let my excitement subside so I can focus one game at a time. I did manage to beat the first of the Ys Book now working on II. Macross 2023 was better than I expected. Any discoveries, guys?

Good lord man, yes....PLENTY

Finish the entire Ys series - be sure to play the eng dub of Ys IV

All the shmups

Now I want to think up a list of shit you need to play

c0nn0r
12-19-2019, 01:15 PM
Finally got my shipping notice. Doubtful it will arrive before Christmas, but that's ok, because I don't have any NEC hardware to use it with yet. I will probably be buying a SuperGrafx in the Spring. I will be gifting myself my MegaSD at Christmas which has been sitting in my closet this entire time, save for registering, and loading ~183GB SEGA fullset ;-)

My thumbs are ready.

greedostick
12-19-2019, 04:43 PM

You need to play Y's IV translation and the Drac X translation.

Dungeon Explorer II is a must play if you haven't already.

Yodd
12-21-2019, 11:36 AM
I’ve been enjoying mine as well, but with work being crazy I haven’t had a lot of time with it. I did notice that Ys IV won’t work with the in game trigger enabled. I thought I had messed up patching my copy until I figured this out. So far I’m loving the SSDS3.

My only minor gripe is that I wish the menu worked and looked like the Mega SD one.

The In Game Trigger as it currently works is problematic. I would highly suggest keeping it disabled. And we plan to revise the interface soon.

ChopstickSamurai
12-21-2019, 12:57 PM
The In Game Trigger as it currently works is problematic. I would highly suggest keeping it disabled. And we plan to revise the interface soon.

Sweet! Iím all about making an awesome product even better!

wataru330
12-21-2019, 09:22 PM
Dat DownLoad2, sun.
Dig it!

Rot
12-22-2019, 08:36 AM

I have NOTHING to add to this convo... except for the long running battle between me and Yodd's goatee...

Love him to bits... but seriously...

xROTx

oliverclaude
12-23-2019, 04:12 PM
Any discoveries, guys?

JIGOKU MEGURI - You're basically playing Rot smashing everything to pieces with your big balls ;). Seriously: I love that game!

CYBER CROSS & CROSS WIBER - Guilty pleasure games, the second is really good.

WONDER MOMO - You'll love it or hate it, but once you worked out the basic tactics, it's even better than the arcade original.

KAISŌ CHŌJIN SCHBIBIN MAN - Wow! This one is excellent, but again: you'll have to learn the basics here. The other parts are't half as good.

OBOCCHAMA-KUN - Most of the Namco titles on the PCE are underrated, so is this oddball. I never liked KATO CHAN KEN CHAN, this one I do like very much.

AFTER BURNER II - You'll have to see it, to believe that it's actually really happened on an 8-bitter.

FAUSSET… AMOUR - Don't listen to its critics, it's top-notch, and actually not that hard at all. Nice ost, too.

roker
12-24-2019, 08:46 PM
You'll have to see it, to believe that it's actually really happened on an 8-bitter.

I say that a lot when playing this system, especially the CD stuff. The CPU was 8-bit (and faster than the SNES might I add), but the GPU was 16-bit. I dunno, none of this shit matters. It's more in line with the gen after NES/SMS imo.

Burning Fight!!
12-24-2019, 11:30 PM
I dunno, none of this shit matters.

The only reason some people seem to get impressed by pce being "8bit" and doing SFII et al is the large number of games that look like NES software with a high color palette. That doesn't help much.

roker
12-29-2019, 11:39 PM
Ys III is pretty bad. I'm not sure I can make it. Should I just skip to IV?

greedostick
12-30-2019, 01:44 AM

I like Ys III, but Ys IV is much better. It's a very impressive game. If you liked book 1 and 2 you should enjoy it a lot. I can't help but feel ys iv is the best of the bunch, but book 1 and 2 is still my favorites. You can get stuck in a few areas in Ys IV. Some things are not very obvious and make no sense. I followed a FAQ on RPG Sanctuary cause I got tired of wandering around lost for hours.

Easily in the top 3 RPGs on the console playable in English.

*** Edit. Cant find that guide. Must have used this one.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/turbocd/916175-ys-iv-the-dawn-of-ys/faqs/5707

NightWolve
12-30-2019, 02:19 PM
Dungeon Explorer II is a must play if you haven't already.
It's on my backlog in SomeDay(TM) status. I rented the original and was happy with it, so it was great news when I first learned a CD sequel was produced. I just didn't get to buy it in the 90's when I loaded up on CD games from TZD like Ys III/IV, Valis II/III, Exile 1&2, Cosmic Fantasy 2 (bought over the phone with a Working Designs rep), Dragon Slayer, etc.

By the time 2001 came around and downloading-everything was a thing, I didn't play games very much anymore cause Life(TM), and I got MORE interested in the localization process starting with Xak III because of the PC Engine group I joined. If I did rarely knock off a game from my backlog it was on the more modern PS1/PS2!

But anyway, I have Dungeon Explorer II now, just dunno when I'll sit down with it (I finished Bloodstained:RotN pre new year, that got my attention). I put about 3 hours in Beyond Shadowgate (a gift of the Bernie Turbo Xpress Bootleg biz) a while back, apparently it's one of Bernie's favorites. So gotta finish that first when I can. It's not as good as the original NES one, but not too bad, a tad rough around the edges.

P. S.

Are we gonna annoy the Terra Onion guys with these tangents ? I saw a cool review video about it (https://youtu.be/c2DL3n6wbVk) I meant to share somewhere, a tech dude I frequently watch.

roker
12-31-2019, 10:31 AM
My exposure to TG16 back in the day:

Keith Courage (duh)
Bonk 1&2
China Warrior
Splatterhouse
Dungeon Explorer
Neutopia 1&2
Alien Crush
Devil Crush
Blazing Lazers

And that's about it. I didn't get exposed to the real library until I downloaded Magic Engine post-90s.

pixeljunkie
12-31-2019, 02:26 PM

No, it's worth a play through! It gets better towards the end and I can't say this about many games, but Ys3 is worth playing for the music alone.

NightWolve
12-31-2019, 07:20 PM
Seconded. The whole reason Ys has the following that it does is due to the legendary soundtracks. Ys III has at least 2 of the best tracks (linked below), but they're all excellent first time around. It's a short, easy game anyway, no need to skip to IV.

YsIII-07-The-Boy-Who-Had-Wings.mp3 (http://www.ysutopia.net/audio/YsIII-07-The-Boy-Who-Had-Wings.mp3)
YsIII-17-Seal-of-Time.mp3 (http://www.ysutopia.net/audio/YsIII-17-Seal-of-Time.mp3)

I used to like this one too, but over-listening a favorite renders it boring:

YsIII-11-A-Searing-Struggle.mp3 (http://www.ysutopia.net/audio/YsIII-11-A-Searing-Struggle.mp3)

Other great tracks at the folder:

http://www.ysutopia.net/audio/

Burning Fight!!
12-31-2019, 07:35 PM
It was Yuzo Koshiro that said music makes the games IIRC, and Ys is the prime example, alongside maybe Streets of Rage.

roker
01-04-2020, 05:23 PM
I beat Ys 3, what a shit game. I enjoyed the music and art but holy shit were the boss battles boring, voice acting was ass, the scrolling was dumb, and gameplay utterly broken.

Looking forward to Ys IV.

ShootTheCore
01-04-2020, 11:34 PM
I like the side-scrolling alternate take on Ys, but it definitely isn’t up to the same level as the other PCE Ys games.

roker
01-27-2020, 03:17 PM
I beat Ys IV. It was great. It was the first epic entry into series and I mean that in the real sense of the word. There were more bosses more dialogue more of everything. Just a bigger game in general. I really enjoyed the boss fights this time around too. I don't think the music is as good as the first three though, but that doesn't mean the music was bad. It just means the bar with set high.

Also in between I managed to 1cc Lords of thunder. It was a decent challenge but not as hard as I thought it would be. I'm going to up the difficulty and see if I can do it on the hard level.

Kid Panda
01-27-2020, 03:56 PM
Try doing full runs with just one type of armor. Makes some runs and others very hard.

greedostick
01-27-2020, 04:42 PM
I beat Ys IV. It was great. It was the first epic entry into series and I mean that in the real sense of the word. There were more bosses more dialogue more of everything. Just a bigger game in general. I really enjoyed the boss fights this time around too. I don't think the music is as good as the first three though, but that doesn't mean the music was bad. It just means the bar with set high.

Also in between I managed to 1cc Lords of thunder. It was a decent challenge but not as hard as I thought it would be. I'm going to up the difficulty and see if I can do it on the hard level.

You should squeeze in Dungeon Explorer II now. It can be beat in less than 10 hours. Cool fact: There are like 3 intros. Let it keep looping. I would go into ot blind. It's pretty linear, but there are hidden characters.

If you beat LOT and haven't played Gate of Thunder yet, that is the next obvious choice. There are so many SHMUPS it's hard to choose though.

Spriggan
Magical Chase
Tatsujin
Terra Cresta
Final Soldier
Soldier Blade
Mr. Heli (so unique it's a mist play)
Nexzr (not summer carnival)
Coryoon
Sapphire
Star Parodia
Salamander
Gradius II Gofer

Like 50 more.

roker
01-28-2020, 04:49 AM
I didn't think about 1cc'ing Lord of Thunder with different armors. I think I'll do that since it seems the earth armor bulled everything over on my play through.

I'm on the verge of 1cc'ing Solider Blade and Air Zonk, but I think I'll come back to them. I can't get into Gate of Thunder, but I keep trying. I think I'll make an attempt just to do it. It might change my mind. I have most all of those shmups listed and more!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For right now I'm going to put the PC Engine away and jam out to some Genesis games. I have to change things up sometimes.

wataru330
01-28-2020, 05:39 AM
Did you DownLoad2 yet?

LETS GO, SYD-O!

roker
01-28-2020, 01:48 PM
Did you DownLoad2 yet?

LETS GO, SYD-O!

great fuckin' intro

oliverclaude
01-29-2020, 06:51 AM
For right now I'm going to put the PC Engine away and jam out to some Genesis games. I have to change things up sometimes.

That's a perfect change, roker. I often play Engine & Genny back to back, sometimes just to compare ports, sometimes because both complement each other so good.

There are a couple of games, which will let you feel that link particularly well, like Alisia Dragoon. It's like this game was designed with the SuperCD in mind: extended cut-scenes, a setting-mix of sf with fantasy, an amazone-like heroine and the beautiful artwork by Gainax... it all would fit the Engine perfectly.

Then there are these two pre-Pokťmon Game Freak titles Pulseman and Magical Taruruto-kun, which have PC-Engine written all over them. It's the same with Wolf Team games, here I recommend El Viento. I also bet that if you show somebody Verytex, they'd mistaken it for a Engine game instantly.

roker
03-26-2020, 12:06 PM

Yeah so how is that going so far?

pixeljunkie
03-26-2020, 01:55 PM
Yeah so how is that going so far?

yeah. this.

ChopstickSamurai
03-26-2020, 05:04 PM
Or how about that new font for the menu?

roker
03-27-2020, 11:08 AM
yeah. this.

I'm going to wear out my power switch with the rage resets I have sometimes.

pixeljunkie
03-31-2020, 12:14 PM
I'm going to wear out my power switch with the rage resets I have sometimes.

Same! It would be great if that feature just worked. There's a few other things I'd love to see fixed. Popful Mail intro, and as much as I get made fun of for this...I want Sherlock Holmes games to work!

roker
04-03-2020, 11:26 AM
Same! It would be great if that feature just worked. There's a few other things I'd love to see fixed. Popful Mail intro, and as much as I get made fun of for this...I want Sherlock Holmes games to work!

I like cheesy FMV games. I didn't at first, but lately it's horrible-ness is working for me. Have you checked out It came from the Desert? Holy shit, that game needs a remaster. Surprisingly good music for a cheese early FMV game.

roker
04-03-2020, 03:34 PM
Popful Mail intro

The intro seems fine.

I can't get through the first 20 mins of the game because it goes back to the menu after an unskippable cutscene when you free Tatt. I wonder if anyone has told them or if they care ... meh.

pixeljunkie
04-06-2020, 08:55 AM
I like cheesy FMV games. I didn't at first, but lately it's horrible-ness is working for me. Have you checked out It came from the Desert? Holy shit, that game needs a remaster. Surprisingly good music for a cheese early FMV game.

I play through It Came From the Desert every few years. I bought it at release and loved it for all it's warts. It's soooo bad it's good. The actual action levels are just so awful. I sadly have that intro song memorized and it loops in my dumb skull from time to time.

The popful mail intro when that spear lands in front of her is all garbled. I haven't tried to play much, I played through the actual disk a couple years ago, I wanna see if I can get to that crash you speak of today. The Sherlock Holmes games are pretty fun for liesure...but they rely on the CD access to sync things up and they don't have anything in the SSD3 to emulate access speed sadly. I hope they implement that though.

RevQuixo
04-08-2020, 04:51 PM

Popful Mail intro bug is due to the system card you are using. Change to the 2.0 card instead of the arcade card and that should fix it. It's not a bug with the SSDS3.

pixeljunkie
04-08-2020, 07:42 PM
Popful Mail intro bug is due to the system card you are using. Change to the 2.0 card instead of the arcade card and that should fix it. It's not a bug with the SSDS3.

no shit?! that's awesome..didn't know that

Still want my Sherlock fix though lol

roker
04-10-2020, 12:47 PM

confession time:

After reading your post I went back and switched the card and still had trouble, then I took a look at the file itself and it said (sample) .... then it occurred to me that I was playing a demo disc.

Happy ending:

I downloaded the complete version and can now enjoy the early cutesy version of this game.

pixeljunkie
04-11-2020, 09:58 AM
confession time:

After reading your post I went back and switched the card and still had trouble, then I took a look at the file itself and it said (sample) .... then it occurred to me that I was playing a demo disc.

Happy ending:

I downloaded the complete version and can now enjoy the early cutesy version of this game.

That is a happy ending.

I still can't get it to work for me - I assumed you meant Sys card 3? Without AC enabled...because Popful is a Super CD game...won't work at all with Sys card 2...I've tried all my Sys3 files and I still get the glitch.

roker
04-14-2020, 02:23 PM
That is a happy ending.

I still can't get it to work for me - I assumed you meant Sys card 3? Without AC enabled...because Popful is a Super CD game...won't work at all with Sys card 2...I've tried all my Sys3 files and I still get the glitch.

I'm going to try it right now. You definitely need a System Card 3 or it'll give you some kind of error screen with popful lecturing at you.

It still glitches for me even after using a different card (US vs. Jpn)

I think you're going to have to live with it unless TO fixes it.

NightWolve
04-15-2020, 02:18 PM
I play through It Came From the Desert every few years. I bought it at release and loved it for all it's warts. It's soooo bad it's good. The actual action levels are just so awful. I sadly have that intro song memorized and it loops in my dumb skull from time to time..

I dunno why, but that song stuck with me too. "Sea of Love" was it ? I never sat down to actually beat the game though. It just looks so terrible I can't imagine having any fun with it.

opt2not
04-20-2020, 05:57 PM
I read a rumor on a Twitch stream that TO was going to look into updating the SSDS3 firmware after the Mode was released. Is there any truth to this? Fixing the in-game hooks to not bug out certain games would be great. Having to toggle your power switch on/off to get back to the menu suuuuucks.

pixeljunkie
04-21-2020, 03:08 PM
I read a rumor on a Twitch stream that TO was going to look into updating the SSDS3 firmware after the Mode was released. Is there any truth to this? Fixing the in-game hooks to not bug out certain games would be great. Having to toggle your power switch on/off to get back to the menu suuuuucks.

oh man - I hope that's true

Ajax
04-21-2020, 05:02 PM
I love this thing, but yeah... fix the in game trigger. Not having that is a huge miss.

Also, anybody have their systems hooked up to a scart switch experience issues with the SSDS3? Genesis and consolized MVS work with the switch just fine, and the Framemeister even detects that there is input coming from the PC Engine, but no picture. Have to connect the PC Engine to the Framemeister directly in order to play. Not a huge deal, but would be cool to not have to do that.

pixeljunkie
04-21-2020, 05:09 PM
I love this thing, but yeah... fix the in game trigger. Not having that is a huge miss.

Also, anybody have their systems hooked up to a scart switch experience issues with the SSDS3? Genesis and consolized MVS work with the switch just fine, and the Framemeister even detects that there is input coming from the PC Engine, but no picture. Have to connect the PC Engine to the Framemeister directly in order to play. Not a huge deal, but would be cool to not have to do that.

I never used a scart switch with my framemeister, but never ran into that. I would definitely blame the switch.

Ajax
04-21-2020, 05:17 PM
That was my initial reaction too, but the Genesis and Neo Geo both work when connected to that same input on the scart switch, so I'm not so sure. But yeah, it's probably a bit of a gnarly setup going system > switch > framemesiter > tv anyway, so I probably shouldn't complain.

NightWolve
04-21-2020, 06:56 PM

I was meaning to reply to you last time, am glad to hear it! It was a privilege getting to localize it even though I don't think it's 100% finished (none of my projects ever are, there's always loose ends or regrets).

The interesting thing about the music/soundtrack I found was it had lasting power and grows on you... I may have over-listened to tracks from Ys I-III which may explain why I became a little more fond of Ys IV though. It varies over time which I consider my favorite.

I distinctly remember popping my Ys IV disc in the drive to run the default CD music player and just listen to favorite tracks now and then (just remember to skip track 2!). Of course I recorded all Ys tracks I-IV to cassette tape (some FF, LoT, GoT too) for listening in the car BITD too. Still nothing quite like them!

ChopstickSamurai
04-21-2020, 07:04 PM
That was my initial reaction too, but the Genesis and Neo Geo both work when connected to that same input on the scart switch, so I'm not so sure. But yeah, it's probably a bit of a gnarly setup going system > switch > framemesiter > tv anyway, so I probably shouldn't complain.

I use a gscartsw_lite switch with my setup and I havenít had a problem with my SSDS3.

c0nn0r
04-22-2020, 09:30 AM

I use a gscartsw_lite switch with my setup and I haven’t had a problem with my SSDS3.

I use my SGX/SSDS3 on a cheap mechanical Hama SCART switch in conjunction with Mega CD and Neo Geo going into a PVM. Have not had any problems with that setup.

opt2not
04-22-2020, 12:59 PM
No problems here with using a Shinybow 6x2 Scart matrix switcher.

roker
04-23-2020, 12:00 PM
It was a privilege getting to localize it even though I don't think it's 100% finished (none of my projects ever are, there's always loose ends or regrets).

oh snap! I had no idea you were THAT NightWolve. Awesome job on the translation. I thought it was good, better than most official translations of that time.

Ajax
04-23-2020, 04:13 PM
No problems here with using a Shinybow 6x2 Scart matrix switcher.

Interesting, I'm using the Shinybow 4x2. I can't determine what the issue is...

roker
05-17-2020, 12:56 AM

So yeah, any progress?

(I know I quoted this before but seriously, it's been a while now).