PCE Super SD System 3 - Terraonion New Product (Dec 2017)

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Finally got it to go through!

Can't wait. I already have both a PC Engine and TG16, so no worries there. But I never got any of the CD stuff. Always wanted to, but this is even better.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Finally got it to go through!

Can't wait. I already have both a PC Engine and TG16, so no worries there. But I never got any of the CD stuff. Always wanted to, but this is even better.

This is perfect for you!

I do have a Duo-R that I'll keep for homebrews but grabbed one for my SuperGrafx. Playing 99.99% of the library was too tempting.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Hoping that this works with my HDRetrovision cable.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
This is perfect for you!

I do have a Duo-R that I'll keep for homebrews but grabbed one for my SuperGrafx. Playing 99.99% of the library was too tempting.
I could never find a Duo-R that was both region modded and RGB capable for a decent price. And I have very little skill with a soldering iron so I was also looking for one that someone else had already recapped.

This is so much easier. I'll just leave it plugged into the PC Engine all the time and play the US HuCards I still have on the TG16. I have an external RGB board that plugs into both systems, so now I can just leave that hooked to the TG16 and stop switching it back and forth. I suppose I could just play the TG16 ROMs off the new device but I still prefer physical media when I've already got it on hand.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Finally got through and snagged one!

Now the big question.. Sell my RGB modded RX, and stack of games, or hold on? Might have to let that crap go.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

Now the big question.. Sell my RGB modded RX, and stack of games, or hold on? Might have to let that crap go.

Calling your RGB Modded RX and Stack of Games crap, Huh?

To answer your question, even though I ordered two Super Sd System's, I'm going to hold on to the hand full of CD gems I own and the Duo's. At least for the time being. The Original Duo's I own work great and have both been recapped and New Lasers added so I would hate to let them go. Plus they look dope as fuck.

thirdkind

Chin's Bartender
20 Year Member

I'm on my third or fourth round of buying back into the hobby, and one of the things that sold me on it are all the options for playing without building and maintaining the library, while not being dependent on emulation and its shortcomings. All I need are the consoles, a CRT, an RGB mod in some cases, and products like this one.

I don't think the hoarding I was doing previously was healthy for me or my bank account. I was obsessed with cart condition and sleeves and cardboard box quality, which is just insane when all I really want to do is play.

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
Have we hit the daily limit twice? My bank isn't seeing a decline, but I'm getting a "Data error. Contact the merchant." message from BBVA.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Have we hit the daily limit twice? My bank isn't seeing a decline, but I'm getting a "Data error. Contact the merchant." message from BBVA.

I tried several times today, and made it through to the last step, and was declined. Got home from work, tried again, and got the error you stated. Had to call my CC company, and then it worked. That was less than an hour ago.

To answer your question, even though I ordered two Super Sd System's, I'm going to hold on to the hand full of CD gems I own and the Duo's. At least for the time being. The Original Duo's I own work great and have both been recapped and New Lasers added so I would hate to let them go. Plus they look dope as fuck.

I'm very partial to my PC Engine stuff. Been collecting Turbo since the 90's. As far as CD media goes though, I don't find it as fun to collect as Hueys and cartridges. I still have a few choice games I have been holding onto for many years, back from when I had about a 95% complete and boxed English TurboGrafx Hu/CD collection. I will probably keep a few of my most favorite Hu-Cards, but I'm really trying to get out of the collecting game. At least trying to juggle libraries for 15 different consoles. Right now my collection is lower than 50 games, lowest it's been since the mid 90's. I'm thinking I may just collect for my top 100 games of all-time, and if I ever beat all those again, start going for a top 125. Good thing about that is, when you are only buying the 10/10 good stuff, that eliminates a lot of high-dollar games that are just "good". Great things about products like this is, if I get an urge to play one of those games that are just good, I have it at my disposal. I guess I only really find satisfaction in owning the best of the best games anymore. Twenty-Two years of collecting will do that to a guy. Now I just want to play games, instead of looking for them all day online. That is a hobby in itself.

The Duo-R is the sexiest machine ever.

Last edited:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
For you guys hoping for more reviews on this, I should have my video review of the finished and shipping unit up before Christmas. Hopefully.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

It's possible. It's suppose to say contact your bank if the issue is on your end.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
That was my fear. Going through setting up the wire transfer took awhile. At the end, hitting the transfer button. Everything looked kosher (is that wacist?) and then the email arrived saying all's good.

BenG76

n00b
I tried to order on and it said Merchant error like others have had. Called my credit card and they didn't see anything. I tried to stumble through wiring the money but I couldn't get the info to match up for my bank. Will try to use my card again later if I can.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
I tried to order on and it said Merchant error like others have had. Called my credit card and they didn't see anything. I tried to stumble through wiring the money but I couldn't get the info to match up for my bank. Will try to use my card again later if I can.

Mine said merchant error as well, but I had to get a hold of my CU. Card services for Visa weren't able to do anything for me.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
On an ASIDE.... for all the non-weirdoe people who are looking to play the device... and are not so "tech orientated"...

I can supply you a "Link"...

You may PM me or come into chat... for the "Link"...

xROTx

PS. This is until I can think of a way to do this without getting my ass in trouble... because I forsee that we may have certain posts coming up that would involve the mod team to frown upon...

neosd

Neosd Developer
I had about a 95% complete and boxed English TurboGrafx Hu/CD collection.

I think this is a great moment for you guys to support redump.org preservation project.

They try to preserve every cd/dvd game disk ever released.

Please, consider contributing there, it will benefit the entire pcengine comunity, most of usa dumps are being missing there as other high rated games from japan

neosd

Neosd Developer
Ok guys,

First production update comes today

Mould has finished the polishment stage and we got samples of the final pieces, those SAMPLES are in solid black but FINAL PIECES WILL BE TRANSPARENT SMOKE BLACK

Those pictures are good to see how the shells will look like :

sd_system_3_shells_1.jpg

sd_system_3_shells_2.jpg

sd_system_3_shells_3.jpg

sd_system_3_shells_4.jpg

I hope you all like those

Last edited:

greatfunky

Mr. Big's Thug
Beautiful , looks so professional ! congratulation guys , i look forward to receiving mine :D

X68

n00b
Shells look groovy =]
Does the AV cable require any components to be installed for RGB output or does it need to be completely passive?

neosd

Neosd Developer
Shells look groovy =]
Does the AV cable require any components to be installed for RGB output or does it need to be completely passive?

All pasive.

We have to open our mega drive 2 cables by monday cause we have been told those have resistors inside and may cause some issues, we haven´t seen any issues using those MD2 cables on different tvs btw

Last edited: