PDA

View Full Version : Terraonion New Product(s) discussion thread

Pages : 1 2 [3]

donluca
01-03-2018, 05:17 PM
Well, when Pc Engine got released, no one was able to write cds. Time passed and we all were able to write cds.

Now we are not interested about writting cds anymore as sd is faster and more convenient. Everyone hates to swap discs at all ...

What future will deliver ? who knows :)

A wireless module to load games from your NAS/File server/PC

mistahsnart
01-03-2018, 06:03 PM
I've got 24tb of NAS and an 802.11ac mesh network. Make it happen, neosd :D

DirkSwizzler
01-04-2018, 01:40 AM
Actually that would be pretty badass if you wizards have learned to cast level 10 rock the world.

ObeyMyEgo
01-06-2018, 11:47 PM
Would I'd be the only asshat wanting a igs pgm flash cart?

greedostick
01-06-2018, 11:59 PM
Not sure if you're interested in such a thing, but Professor Abrasive (the guy making the plug-and-play Saturn ODE) is looking for a manufacturing and sales partner. The device is just about done, so out of pocket R&D should be minimal at this point. Might be a nice way to expand the Terraonion product line with a shorter timeline.

I'd certainly love to see your team sprinkle some UI magic on this device as well. :)

https://www.patreon.com/posts/back-in-action-15992494

This is what I suggested several months ago NeoSD. Please before he partners with DarkSoft....

Also, 256GB is more than I would think most people ever actually need. Wouldn't that be well over 256 Saturn games? More than one person would play in a lifetime, probably even if they play Saturn Exclusively. That's counting double and triple disc games. I think I would be OK with a 32 GB SD card loaded with Saturn games. I assume most games don't even come close to filling the capacity of one disc. So really a 256GB card is around 300 games or more.

nam9
01-07-2018, 11:11 AM
Would I'd be the only asshat wanting a igs pgm flash cart?

Nope :drool:

neodev
01-07-2018, 01:26 PM
Nope :drool:

PGM is very hard, because of the protections. Every single game is protected with a different protection, and some have embedded coprocessors, in fact, better and faster (ARM) than the one on the main board. Many of the later games run mostly on the cart "protection"

Raph4
01-10-2018, 02:26 AM
what next : Linker for Atari Jaguar or Lynx ?

:)

pva
01-12-2018, 02:22 AM
Retro-Bit just announced they've partnered up (http://retro-bit.com/retrobit-announces-sega-partnership) with Sega, and that they're launching their first products for the Genesis, Saturn and/or Dreamcast at CES. The announcement is naturally scarce on the details, but I read it to mean that they're about to launch controllers for Sega consoles with wired, USB and BT connectivity.

No official announcement as of yet, but based on their Twitter feed it seems I was right and they're indeed launching both wired (https://twitter.com/RetroBitGaming/status/951227341514072064) and wireless BT (https://twitter.com/RetroBitGaming/status/951256779886796802) Genesis controllers as well as some other accessories (https://twitter.com/RetroBitGaming/status/951184383251161088). Saturn and Dreamcast products remain still to be revealed.

Thamiel
01-12-2018, 02:34 AM
No official announcement as of yet, but based on their Twitter feed it seems I was right and they're indeed launching both wired (https://twitter.com/RetroBitGaming/status/951227341514072064) and wireless BT (https://twitter.com/RetroBitGaming/status/951256779886796802) Genesis controllers as well as some other accessories (https://twitter.com/RetroBitGaming/status/951184383251161088). Saturn and Dreamcast products remain still to be revealed.They've been revealed. BT and wired controllers for Saturn and Dreamcast as well as AV cables.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Gyrian
01-13-2018, 11:11 AM
The retro-bit line-up does look promising, but it's still wait and see in terms of quality. I do like that they're being comprehensive right from the start. Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast; all with video cables & AC adapters (GEN), controllers in wired USB, bluetooth, and genuine hardware configurations. Multiple colors for the controllers.

This lets you picture what they're planning for Saturn, but these are clearly legit controllers from back in the day FPO and not their product.

https://imgur.com/dnAb3T8.jpg

Here's the BT wireless one, with a real Saturn connector looks like, but clearly a mockup (this thing is rough up close).

https://imgur.com/3Gdb6Sc.jpg

Looks like DC gets an all-black SEGA Sports like:

https://imgur.com/lADUNGe.jpg

RAZO
01-13-2018, 11:25 AM
The retro-bit line-up does look promising, but it's still wait and see in terms of quality. I do like that they're being comprehensive right from the start. Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast; all with video cables & AC adapters (GEN), controllers in wired USB, bluetooth, and genuine hardware configurations. Multiple colors for the controllers.

This lets you picture what they're planning for Saturn, but these are clearly legit controllers from back in the day FPO and not their product.

https://imgur.com/dnAb3T8.jpg

Here's the BT wireless one, with a real Saturn connector looks like, but clearly a mockup (this thing is rough up close).

https://imgur.com/3Gdb6Sc.jpg

Looks like DC gets an all-black SEGA Sports like:

https://imgur.com/lADUNGe.jpg

Do you use the controllers or are they just for display?

Gyrian
01-13-2018, 11:42 AM

... these are pictures from the retro-bit booth at CES 2018.

RevQuixo
01-13-2018, 11:43 AM

You realize these are shots from CES right?

fenikso
01-13-2018, 11:48 AM
I want those wireless Saturn controllers to not suck. I wonder how many can be in use at a time without freaking each other out? Saturn Bomberman with all wireless controllers, would be dope.

RAZO
01-13-2018, 01:33 PM
... these are pictures from the retro-bit booth at CES 2018.

You realize these are shots from CES right?

No I didn't, my bad Gyrian. What is CES lol?

Just for a few laughs, here is my instacrate with controllers.

https://i.imgur.com/oI3M3PQ.jpg

Gyrian
01-13-2018, 03:05 PM
It's a huge electronics and technology trade show held annually in Vegas. The retro-bit folks are using the opportunity to announce the products from their new partnership with SEGA, which is what I was describing earlier.

RAZO
01-13-2018, 08:13 PM
It's a huge electronics and technology trade show held annually in Vegas. The retro-bit folks are using the opportunity to announce the products from their new partnership with SEGA, which is what I was describing earlier.

Ahh got it. Thanks

Syn
01-14-2018, 06:59 PM
With the SSDS3's release, how about a PCE 6 button controller that allows you to map the third button on non 6 button games?

It seems like people that don't own a SSDS3...yet, could see a need for this too.

Tanooki
01-14-2018, 07:48 PM
I'd like to get something like that. The normal controller is nice, but there's a decent sized library of 3 to 6 button games that would benefit. I do want to pick up Street Fighter and the default controller setting on it looks like garbage.

famicommander
01-14-2018, 10:13 PM
With the SSDS3's release, how about a PCE 6 button controller that allows you to map the third button on non 6 button games?

It seems like people that don't own a SSDS3...yet, could see a need for this too.
With dual connectors so it works on PC Engine and Turbografx-16. Or a quick release end so it's easier to swap them than with the pin converter cables we use now.

trenton_net
01-24-2018, 09:23 AM
Given that there are a few of us who seriously collect physical PC-Engine media, perhaps it would be possible for the SSDS3 (or some other device or attachment) to be made which would allow users to connect a bog-standard USB CD-ROM drive to the PCE instead of the proprietary one or an SD card? The reason I ask is because for users of the physical media, it may be impractical for people to rip 100's of games to SD, and the actual the proprietary CD-ROM drives are becoming hard and hard to find parts/refurbish/fix. If we could use generic USB CD-ROM drives, we'd be able to swap them out on demand (should one break), while still benefiting from faster access times/speed.

RAZO
01-24-2018, 09:54 AM
Given that there are a few of us who seriously collect physical PC-Engine media, perhaps it would be possible for the SSDS3 (or some other device or attachment) to be made which would allow users to connect a bog-standard USB CD-ROM drive to the PCE instead of the proprietary one or an SD card? The reason I ask is because for users of the physical media, it may be impractical for people to rip 100's of games to SD, and the actual the proprietary CD-ROM drives are becoming hard and hard to find parts/refurbish/fix. If we could use generic USB CD-ROM drives, we'd be able to swap them out on demand (should one break), while still benefiting from faster access times/speed.

With USB CD Rom drives selling less and less and physical media soon maybe within the next 10-15 years being no longer, I prefer SD card or Hard Drive. Who needs to Rip 100's of games when Google is your friend. The reason most want the SD3 is because there is no optical drive. Not having to worry about disc rot, faster load times are just a few benefits. I'm all for any sd/hd/flashcart solution for these old systems.

sparksterz
01-24-2018, 11:16 AM
With USB CD Rom drives selling less and less and physical media soon maybe within the next 10-15 years being no longer, I prefer SD card or Hard Drive. Who needs to Rip 100's of games when Google is your friend. The reason most want the SD3 is because there is no optical drive. Not having to worry about disc rot, faster load times are just a few benefits. I'm all for any sd/hd/flashcart solution for these old systems.

Yeah, I have to agree here. Who knows the standard the system is using under the hood. Could be IDE, could be older, or even proprietary. Now you need to support translating of something like USB/SATA to that communication interface. May as well fix the problem and allow purists more access to affordable disk systems to continue repairing ;)

trenton_net
01-26-2018, 09:16 AM
Yeah, I have to agree here. Who knows the standard the system is using under the hood. Could be IDE, could be older, or even proprietary. Now you need to support translating of something like USB/SATA to that communication interface. May as well fix the problem and allow purists more access to affordable disk systems to continue repairing ;)

To be honest, I was hoping that since they got SSDS3 working with SD Cards that most of the work would have already been done already. I could imagine that if they had a USB port instead of an SD card slot, people could plug in whatever they want (SD Card reader, HDD, CD-ROM, etc) and have it work. If not right away, at least in the future with firmware updates? (wishful thinking). (^_^);

neosd
01-26-2018, 09:29 AM
To be honest, I was hoping that since they got SSDS3 working with SD Cards that most of the work would have already been done already. I could imagine that if they had a USB port instead of an SD card slot, people could plug in whatever they want (SD Card reader, HDD, CD-ROM, etc) and have it work. If not right away, at least in the future with firmware updates? (wishful thinking). (^_^);

SD is the way to go for us.

The entire PC Engine collection fits into a 256gb microsd and 512gbs microsd are already anounced ...
We don´t have plans for anything that uses usb for storing games at.

Alex,

donluca
01-26-2018, 11:56 AM
Just a thought thrown out there:

I see several products using SDs are they are (rightfully) the most convenient way to load your game library onto flashcarts (I mean, every single flashcart I know are using them), but in this age people are starting to archiving complete sets on their NAS/Fileserver and almost everyone has a wi-fi network at home.

It would be awesome in the future to see flashcarts which are able to connect to your home network and fetch the games via wi-fi without having to buy and transfer lots of files onto the support (which is often a one-time thing, but sometimes sets get corrected/updated and, most importantly, homebrew would highly benefit from this).

Wishing all goes for the best and you guys became a very successful company, I'd love to see flashcarts for MegaDrive, SNES, etc. which are able to load games via network in the future.

TuSecsy
01-26-2018, 12:23 PM

I see several products using SDs are they are (rightfully) the most convenient way to load your game library onto flashcarts (I mean, every single flashcart I know are using them), but in this age people are starting to archiving complete sets on their NAS/Fileserver and almost everyone has a wi-fi network at home.

It would be awesome in the future to see flashcarts which are able to connect to your home network and fetch the games via wi-fi without having to buy and transfer lots of files onto the support (which is often a one-time thing, but sometimes sets get corrected/updated and, most importantly, homebrew would highly benefit from this).

Wishing all goes for the best and you guys became a very successful company, I'd love to see flashcarts for MegaDrive, SNES, etc. which are able to load games via network in the future.

Please don't spend 1 minute of your time on this garbage. If you're too lazy/dumb to copy and paste files onto a card, and think moving a small card around once in a while is somehow less convenient than setting up some wifi server, you don't deserve to use a flash card.

CZroe
01-30-2018, 02:41 PM

WiFi SD cards have been a thing for, like, a decade.

donluca
01-30-2018, 03:16 PM
WiFi SD cards have been a thing for, like, a decade.

This is the exact opposite of what I was saying.

Those WiFi SD cards create their own wi-fi network which you can access with a computer/smartphone and put stuff in it without taking them out.

What I'm saying is having a device which connects to YOUR home wifi network and has access to YOUR NAS content.

SavagePencil
01-31-2018, 09:15 AM
SD is the way to go for us.

The entire PC Engine collection fits into a 256gb microsd and 512gbs microsd are already anounced ...
We don´t have plans for anything that uses usb for storing games at.

Alex,

Will the new device work with a 256GB SD card, or is there a size limit?

Rot
01-31-2018, 09:26 AM
Will the new device work with a 256GB SD card, or is there a size limit?

Quoted... for prosperity...:annoyed:

fenikso
01-31-2018, 09:27 AM
256GB should be fine.

Rot
01-31-2018, 09:30 AM
256GB should be fine.

COME ON... let's get with the plan...

Member since 2005... asking a question that has not only been answered a few times... i do believe it's in the PDF manual...

It's shit like this that irritates me...

xROTx

PS. Tempted to give him a custom rank... Savagepencil "Likes Paper & Pencil. Can't read web pages. Autism is REAL!."

SavagePencil
01-31-2018, 09:38 AM
COME ON... let's get with the plan...

Member since 2005... asking a question that has not only been answered a few times... i do believe it's in the PDF manual...

It's shit like this that irritates me...

xROTx

PS. Tempted to give him a custom rank... Savagepencil "Likes Paper & Pencil. Can't read web pages. Autism is REAL!."

Shit, you are right...right there in the manual. I apologize.

(if I were *truly* autistic, I would have known!)

Rot
01-31-2018, 09:41 AM
Shit, you are right...right there in the manual. I apologize.

(if I were *truly* autistic, I would have known!)

You're lucky I'm generally relaxing... just sayin' man...

xROTx

PS. Meh... free pass...

wyo
01-31-2018, 03:43 PM

Quoted for posterity :keke:

Neo NooNaN
01-31-2018, 06:37 PM

LOL

Regarding the SMB or other networking thing, I agree that dev cycles are hard enough without delving into those areas. That said, personally, I've got a lot of these things and it would be AWESOME to not have to update the FW and/or romsets with physical media anymore. :)

Syn
01-31-2018, 06:49 PM
It's been a couple days so SavagePencil got off.

It's when we have 3 or more in 24 hours that you'd better watch out. :keke:

Rot
02-01-2018, 01:56 AM
LOL

Regarding the SMB or other networking thing, I agree that dev cycles are hard enough without delving into those areas. That said, personally, I've got a lot of these things and it would be AWESOME to not have to update the FW and/or romsets with physical media anymore. :)

It's been a couple days so SavagePencil got off.

It's when we have 3 or more in 24 hours that you'd better watch out. :keke:

The way I see this situ... is that Neosd, his team and some members have posted all these questions being asked...

...I'm old and grumpy... but I still read the forums and it irritates me when others don't...

SURE... you can argue there's lots of posts BUT... I find it helps to get to know the forum if you read it... you get the "vibe" that way and it helps you understand the forum and scene better...

I'm not a monster... but in reality... I do get irritated when people don't have the same old school forum style mentality...

This aint facebook or twitter etc etc... it's a forum and community... and hence, asking the same questions over and over again will eventually aggravate me...

xROTx

PS. I notice Neosd will post on questions that have not been asked or are important enough to answer...

BUT... how would you guys feel if you keep seeing the same ass "... Z'OMG... how big an SD card can I use..".. or... "when is my shit being shipped"... type posts?

trenton_net
02-14-2018, 01:15 PM
Perhaps a side question (I apologize if it's be already asked or addressed): Could the SSS3 be updated via firmware to have a HuCard dumping feature? It might be handy when you want to dump a prototype card or just take a clean/verified dump of something.

neodev
02-14-2018, 02:17 PM
Perhaps a side question (I apologize if it's be already asked or addressed): Could the SSS3 be updated via firmware to have a HuCard dumping feature? It might be handy when you want to dump a prototype card or just take a clean/verified dump of something.

The main issue is that when a hucard is inserted, the hucard owns the bus, so the ssds3 can't execute its own code. If only we could be able to run a small piece of code, that will work, but it's currently not possible. Only booting without a hucard and inserting it while running would work, but hot-pluggint it is not good for the hucard.

CZroe
03-17-2018, 01:12 PM
The main issue is that when a hucard is inserted, the hucard owns the bus, so the ssds3 can't execute its own code. If only we could be able to run a small piece of code, that will work, but it's currently not possible. Only booting without a hucard and inserting it while running would work, but hot-pluggint it is not good for the hucard.
How does the UpperGrafx/UperGrafx accomplish HuCard dumping? Even UGX-01 supports it ( “unofficially”). I assume UGX-02 does as well.

CZroe
03-17-2018, 01:18 PM
This is the exact opposite of what I was saying.

Those WiFi SD cards create their own wi-fi network which you can access with a computer/smartphone and put stuff in it without taking them out.

What I'm saying is having a device which connects to YOUR home wifi network and has access to YOUR NAS content.
Their primary purpose is to offload your camera pics wirelessly but I’m sure it’s possible to have your PC sync files with a folder on your network or local HDD. I don’t see why it needs to operate any differently to give your flashcart arbitrary access to a network share. Just because the card doesn’t access and present the network share itself doesn’t mean you can’t use it with PC software to accomplish effectively the same thing.

The WiFi SD cards definitely do connect to your home network.

Rot
03-17-2018, 01:32 PM
CZroe... the devices are what they are... you buy them or NOT!

You play games with them... so I find this line of questioning .... annoying...

Take that as you like but i'm not the person you should be replying to with bullshit...

SNK_Pro
03-17-2018, 01:40 PM
Received my unit today. Only put four CD games on it for now as I don't want to do the whole too much choice, not putting the proper play time in to a title trap. Years ago I had an almost complete PCE collection, so went with some all time favourite games. The device is outstanding, perfect reproduction on the games, loading even better than many of the CD-Rom units these days and the RGB is top notch. Well played again NeoSD, with this and my Neo cart I have the perfect retro set up.

CZroe
03-17-2018, 02:33 PM
CZroe... the devices are what they are... you buy them or NOT!

You play games with them... so I find this line of questioning .... annoying...

Take that as you like but i'm not the person you should be replying to with bullshit...
Genuinely confused. I responded to NeoSD and trenton_net. Do you have me confused with someone else? I had not responded to you.

They gave trenton_net an engineering reason why dumping HuCards safely was not possible. I asked them about a similar product that seems to be able to do it in case it could lead to an engineering breakthrough that potentially allows it on Super SD System 3. Not sure how it would be a bad thing. The more bullet points they can cover the less reason anyone has to consider the UGX-01/02. If they can’t add it, I’m fine with the functionality given just like you are, but we obviously can’t speak for everyone.

Perhaps UGX-01/02 does it the unsafe way they describe. If so, it’d be good to know for anyone who might be considering a UGX-02 instead. It was an extremely relevant response to the exact discussion they were having, so I thought it was potentially helpful.

A lot of devices intended for playing games can also dump them, including Bung Multi-Game Doctor² with Neo Geo AES Adapter, Mr. Backup Z64, Super UFO Pro88, GB Xchanger, RetroN5/RetroFreak, etc. Dumping definitely serves your stated goal of using it for playing games, especially if you have an undumped prototype (I have a few myself).

Hopefully this will explain the reasoning behind trenton_net‘s question and how such a feature can enable us to play even more games with it (its intended use).

Edit:
I see now that you may have been talking about either of my recent posts and not specifically the one about dumping HuCards. The other post was about equipping your Super SD System 3 with a WiFi SD card so that it can play games from a folder on the network with no need to fit them all on the card. It was even more relevant to playing games, since I was telling donluca how he might get what he wanted without having to bug Terra Onion for the feature. Just suggesting the SD card that does what he needs, though it’ll probably need an adapter if it works at all (doubt they make mSD versions).

Rot
03-17-2018, 02:42 PM
Genuinely confused. I responded to NeoSD and trenton_net. Do you have me confused with someone else? I had not responded to you.

They gave trenton_net an engineering reason why dumping HuCards safely was not possible. I asked them about a similar product that seems to be able to do it in case it could lead to an engineering breakthrough that potentially allows it on Super SD System 3. Not sure how it would be a bad thing. The more bullet points they can cover the less reason anyone has to consider the UGX-01/02. If they can’t add it, I’m fine with the functionality given just like you are, but we obviously can’t speak for everyone.

Perhaps UGX-01/02 does it the unsafe way they describe. If so, it’d be good to know for anyone who might be considering a UGX-02 instead. It was an extremely relevant response to the exact discussion they were having, so I thought it was potentially helpful.

A lot of devices intended for playing games can also dump them, including Bung Multi-Game Doctor² with Neo Geo AES Adapter, Mr. Backup Z64, Super UFO Pro88, GB Xchanger, RetroN5/RetroFreak, etc. Dumping definitely serves your stated goal of using it for playing games, especially if you have an undumped prototype (I have a few myself).

Hopefully this will explain the reasoning behind trenton_net‘s question and how such a feature can enable us to play even more games with it (its intended use).

STFU... already...

SERIOUSLY.... I am NOT in the mood...

Take the warning... as NEXT time I read one of your posts... (and I will do...)... it'd better be something bland and not likely to get you a nice holiday...

Tanooki
03-22-2018, 10:49 AM
Yeah stop having rational thoughts or questions that could have a useful answer or else. Maybe next you'll get accused of being a NGFL troll and get booted for that too.

Rot
03-22-2018, 02:28 PM
Yeah stop having rational thoughts or questions that could have a useful answer or else. Maybe next you'll get accused of being a NGFL troll and get booted for that too.

War room lock... Perma...

NEXT mother fucker please....

xROTx

TuSecsy
03-22-2018, 05:55 PM
War room lock... Perma...

NEXT mother fucker please....

xROTx

You do realize at this point that you are the singular problem with this site right?

I mean...what took you so long to ban me fat man?

greedostick
03-22-2018, 08:15 PM
Got my SD System 3 in the mail a few days ago. Beautiful product. So far every game works perfect. Setup was easy, and the performance seems better than my Duo RX. If anyone is contemplating a purchase, it's a no brainer. It costs about as much as 2 or 3 really good expensive Super CD's.

Will be patiently awaiting TerraOnion's next product. Hope its for ps1, sega cd, or saturn.

Loukey
03-22-2018, 09:06 PM
Got my SD System 3 in the mail a few days ago. Beautiful product. So far every game works perfect. Setup was easy, and the performance seems better than my Duo RX. If anyone is contemplating a purchase, it's a no brainer. It costs about as much as 2 or 3 really good expensive Super CD's.

Will be patiently awaiting TerraOnion's next product. Hope its for ps1, sega cd, or saturn.

My fingers are already crossed that the extra engineer they hired is to work out a SegaCD ODE.

Rot
03-23-2018, 01:46 AM
You do realize at this point that you are the singular problem with this site right?

I mean...what took you so long to ban me fat man?

... Bye Bye..

scorpion73
03-23-2018, 04:40 AM
My fingers are already crossed that the extra engineer they hired is to work out a SegaCD ODE.

That should be winning. I am waiting for that for a long time...

Relikk
03-23-2018, 06:52 AM
That should be winning. I am waiting for that for a long time...

Indeed. While the Dreamcast and Saturn ODE's aren't freely available, they have been an existing and realistically obtainable solution for quite a while. It'd make more sense to create something that isn't available, and the Mega/Sega CD is the way to go, IMO.

Boki
09-17-2018, 02:00 AM
why don't you find a way to convert Megadrive, CPS roms to Neo-Geo? Or even emulating some functions? There is a small OS called linux, and you should convert it, or even to the neoSD, even you can add network support, for netplay and more, by using linux, converted to work on NeoGeo Bios.

Couldn't it be possible to use Mame drivers? I think factually everything is possible. Even more if you convert tools and Linux on Neo-Geo.

Even, ASM is used on Megadrive, so how could it be we can't convert Megadrive ASM to NeoGeo ASM?

Sonic 2 HD team said now the code of Sonic 2 is entirely "decrypted" (was it the right word?), and now they can port it on PC, and even get better graphics, it's what they called Sonic 2 HD
https://sonic2hd.com/progress/
So, factually, a Sonic 2 could be on Neo-Geo, and even with better graphics. It's a lot of work, for sure. Anyway, the most interesting is the fact to have megadrive games on Neo-Geo. I played on NeoGeoX Megadrive games, and then I realised, because of 3 buttons compatibility, you can play any megadrive game easily with the neo stick, and have fun. Hokuto No Ken was great on NeoGeo X, and other games of course. It was bizarre to use the stick to play the reprogrammed version of Art of Fighting, because in my mind I was playing a Neo, and in the facts I was playing a Megadrive... Anyway, anything you could make absolutely "mad" on my dear Neo-Geo would be greatly appreciated... I would even like if I could just use my Neo as a kind of Supergun, or if I could insert my Megadrive cart into an adapter for the Neo-Geo.

If you want to make money, give us something we don't have, that even the richest guy cannot afford, even if he haves the fullset. It's simple.

Boki
09-17-2018, 02:28 AM
Yup. A Capcom CPS changer fullset, but instead of the small "inverted supergun", an adapter to put it on the NeoGeo, plus an adapter to use Snes Pads on NeoGeo AES. This would be simply amazing...

The power of Dreams... XD

Boki
09-17-2018, 03:51 AM
Here you can see megadrive disassembly

http://info.sonicretro.org/disassemblies

Best Regards

Yodd
09-17-2018, 10:53 PM
You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Might as well be asking to run N64 games on the Neo.

First off: you can’t run Linux on a regular 68000 cpu like what’s in the Neo Geo because a 68000 cpu lacks MMU (memory management unit). Linux requires it. Period.

And the idea of running Mame stuff on the Neo is also laughably stupid. There is no where near enough cpu power for that. Nor system memory. It’s not a general purpose computer.

And finally comparing running mega drive roms on the NeoGeoX has fuck all to do with the OG Neo.

madman
09-17-2018, 11:00 PM
I would even like if I could just use my Neo as a kind of Supergun, or if I could insert my Megadrive cart into an adapter for the Neo-Geo.
You know what makes a great supergun that already exists? Any number of superguns on the market. You know what a great way to play MD games is? A megadrive.

basic
09-17-2018, 11:01 PM
If you want to make money, give us something we don't have, that even the richest guy cannot afford, even if he haves the fullset. It's simple.

Serious talk...are you a fucking retard?

Boki
09-17-2018, 11:06 PM
I'm speaking about using a driver, not using Mame. Please, first read what I writed. Why a driver couldn't be converted, to use megadrive M68000 functions properly using the NeoGeo Bios? I'm not speaking about emulation, i'm speaking about conversion. Besides, M68000 Linux already exist :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu0Y4vliJcQ

This is an example of what people do. Nobody said you can't add secondary chips, this is the magic of having a cartridge.

Remember the 32X, or even the Sega Saturn 4MB cartridge? Here, it's the same.
Even the mega CD show that you can always add everything you want on parralel. So, as i said before, factually anything is possible...

Boki
09-17-2018, 11:10 PM
I hate megadrive, it's simple.

I want to play Megadrive like a Neo-Geo. It's a matter of win or loose, it's hard to explain to a gaïjin.

Here, when you play Last Blade, they speak about Seiryu, Byakki, Genbuu, Suzaku.

Megadrive is Kouryu, the final boss in Last Blade 2. Understood? If not, I can't be of more help.
Kouryu is stealing power from all other four beasts.

Boki
09-17-2018, 11:14 PM
Serious talk...are you a fucking retard?

I your are not, why would I be? Excuse me, I see your avatar, and don't have anything against LGBT, but please stop harrassing me, I prefer women.

madman
I'm speaking about using a driver, not using Mame. Please, first read what I writed. Why a driver couldn't be converted, to use megadrive M68000 functions properly using the NeoGeo Bios? I'm not speaking about emulation, i'm speaking about conversion. Besides, M68000 Linux already exist :)

Sounds pretty simple! Let us know when you've converted the driver.

basic
I your are not, why would I be? Excuse me, I see your avatar, and don't have anything against LGBT, but please stop harrassing me, I prefer women.

How would TerraOnion make money if they made something that even the richest person couldn't afford? If the richest person can't buy it...that means no one would be able to buy it.

"The MC68020 (with the MC68851 memory management unit), MC68030, MC68040, MC68LC040 and MC68060 are the only CPUs in the 68000 family supported by Linux/m68k, because Linux (like other Unix-like operating systems) requires a memory management unit (MMU) for protected and virtual memory support."

These are not the same processors as the one in the Neo Geo.

Boki
09-18-2018, 12:26 AM
I know about the processor. It's just I already seen the Linux Kernel for the 68k available on Kernel page for download. And, even, don't you know that in NeoSD, additional processors were used? To emulate some functions?

Why it couldn't be possible to use a processor to emulate missing 68k functions? It's the magic of cartridges.

This page in French speaks about patching the kernel to work without MMU.

http://softelec.pagesperso-orange.fr/Projects/LINUX/M68000/Kernel_comp.htm

And these all speaks about m68k

http://www.linux-m68k.org/

https://wiki.debian.org/M68k

https://www.debian.org/ports/m68k/

https://wiki.debian.org/M68k/Status

https://www.google.fr/search?source=hp&ei=d4mgW_2mLsaYlwS5v4LoAQ&q=linux+kernel+m68000&oq=linux+kernel+m68000&gs_l=psy-ab.3..33i160k1.8309.15333.0.15825.21.17.0.3.3.0.10 9.1405.14j2.17.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..1.16.1169.0..0j0i10k1.71._S6JFXo1qxQ

basic
09-18-2018, 12:32 AM
I just quoted you the specific processors. Click on that debian link, for example. It clearly states that the 68020, 68030, 68040 and 68060 processors from the m68k line are required. Let's ignore all that. Look at it from a business perspective. All that effort to develop the software and hardware costs money. That money would have to be offset enough by sales to create a profit. The vast majority of the people (i'll go out on a limb and say 99%) that are already in the retro gaming space and have interest in this either already have a genesis or would rather just buy one than buy whatever this thing would be. There is not enough of a market for TO to turn a profit. It just does not make sense.

Boki
09-18-2018, 12:34 AM
Sounds pretty simple! Let us know when you've converted the driver.

I don't say it's simple. I say it's possible. I got some friends knowing ASM programming, but I need money even if I wanted to start something.

:) Me, I use Ruby XD that has nothing to do with ASM or even computers without OS'es...

There is an OS writed in ASM called menuet OS also. When you want it, you can, if you have money to live and to pay collaborators. That was the case for Terraonion, that wasn't my case, and I'm just a hobbyist programmer.

Boki
09-18-2018, 12:37 AM
I know for the debian link, but everybody doesn't say that

http://softelec.pagesperso-orange.fr...ernel_comp.htm

These projects are forgotten, that's the point. On Debian page, it is said there is a try to revive these projects.
From basis, Debian is writed from Unix anyway, it changed later only to Linux. It means the structure can be specific.

titchgamer
09-18-2018, 12:51 AM
Why in fucks name would I want to play megadrive games on my neo!?

Dont think I have ever said this before but I totally agree with madman!

The best console to play MD on is the MD!

Wana play N64 on a console? use a N64.

Playing MD games on a Neo is both pointless and stupid!

If you want to play games but not the way they are designed then use emulation.
Buy a Pi and play mame and mega drive to your hearts content.
Hell you could really push the boat out and play N64 to!

You could even track down a old BROKEN console and mount it inside that to make it look like something else.

The marvels of modern technology....

Boki
09-18-2018, 12:58 AM
Financially, I would have added a processor, to emulate, and then send to be displayed on Neo-Geo.

There is an adaptor for using jamma on MVS Candy slot, so even, in the end, it would be maybe possible to use Neo-Geo as a bypass display. That is what I wanted to say while speaking about a kind of Supergun. But I still think it was possible to emulate via a processor then downscale colors and display to fit the Neo-Geo needs, meaning using the Neo-Geo processor for the display.Virtua Racing Cartridge for megadrive is a good example of what I mean. If the Genesis uses less colors, less capabilities, the external emulated display can be understand by the Neo-Geo. Using the Neo-Geo like a kind of graphic card (to display only), and an external processor to emulate all kinds of games.

I'm not an native English speaker, so maybe I wasn't really clear...

If you have an android compatible processor in NeoSD, technically it means that all android processor capabilities can be used. On mobile phones, you can have CPS2 games, Mame, magadrive, etc... The only problem is to display it.

Boki
09-18-2018, 01:23 AM
Why in fucks name would I want to play megadrive games on my neo!?

Dont think I have ever said this before but I totally agree with madman!

The best console to play MD on is the MD!

Wana play N64 on a console? use a N64.

Playing MD games on a Neo is both pointless and stupid!

If you want to play games but not the way they are designed then use emulation.
Buy a Pi and play mame and mega drive to your hearts content.
Hell you could really push the boat out and play N64 to!

You could even track down a old BROKEN console and mount it inside that to make it look like something else.

The marvels of modern technology....

That is only your opinion. Know that the world is not based only on you. I WOULD want that, and you want something else. I don't see the point of answering me if you don't respond. Nobody asked you what I need to do. It's out of the subject. It's about what we would want from Terraonion. I want what I said before, that's all. Nothing of your concern.

For example I hate shooting games, and mostly play fighting games, that you can verify on my YT BokiBall TV, and I can say to you "Why would you need to have a military vehicle from a shooting game as an avatar? I hate it". It would be dumb, it doesn't concern me.

I have 4 megadrives (2 japanese MD1 and 2, one US Gen1, one French MD2). Don't you know that Sega tricked SNK? Sega had partnership with SNK, they said they wanted an exchange with SNK. Many SNK games were on Sega Saturn, but no Sega Saturn games for the NeoGeo CD

http://neogeocdworld.info/

"Au Jamma Show de septembre 1995, Sega et SNK ont tenu une conférence commune annonçant l’échange de titres, avec la convertion de titres Saturn sur NeoGeo (Maximun N°2), mais rien ne vit le jour dans ce sens. À l’inverse, SNK convertira ses exclusivités sur les consoles concurrentes avec plus ou moins de bonheur, ce qui aura plutôt tendance à desservir son image car la majorité des conversions PlayStation sont ratées, et de saborder encore plus ses consoles en lui enlevant son exclusivité."

Nothing has been done on the other side. This is why SNK buyed licenses for Neo-Geo Pocket, like Sonic or PacMan, to avoid that again.

I just want revenge... :blow_top: :thevt: :D :lolz:

titchgamer
09-18-2018, 01:55 AM
“We” dont want to play mega drive games on a Neo Geo.
YOU do.

WE want to play neo geo games on a neo geo, Ya know like it was designed for!

There is 0 point in playing mega drive games on a Neo Geo.

NONE!

It is a pointless exercise when the original hardware is cheap as chips to buy and you can much better emulate the mega drive on other systems.

Hell you can even emulate it on the damn Xbox so why in hells name would you want to emulate it on a Neo Geo flash card!?

Hell why dont you ask Krikzz if he can put Mega Drive compatibility on his SNES everdrive so you can play it on SNES!?

I know put SNES compatibility on the Everdrive X7 to when you are at it coz I sure want to pay extra money to play MD on my SNES!

Put it on everything because you can never have enough mega drive!

I am a Sega fan boy, You are a flaming idiot.

Boki
09-18-2018, 03:01 AM
“We” dont want to play mega drive games on a Neo Geo.
YOU do.

WE want to play neo geo games on a neo geo, Ya know like it was designed for!

There is 0 point in playing mega drive games on a Neo Geo.

NONE!

It is a pointless exercise when the original hardware is cheap as chips to buy and you can much better emulate the mega drive on other systems.

Hell you can even emulate it on the damn Xbox so why in hells name would you want to emulate it on a Neo Geo flash card!?

Hell why dont you ask Krikzz if he can put Mega Drive compatibility on his SNES everdrive so you can play it on SNES!?

I know put SNES compatibility on the Everdrive X7 to when you are at it coz I sure want to pay extra money to play MD on my SNES!

Put it on everything because you can never have enough mega drive!

I am a Sega fan boy, You are a flaming idiot.

I already have retro-bit Megadrive adapter for Snes. It's faisible. And I hate Sega, for letting me down with my Sega Saturn, when I was young, and letting me down with my Dreamcast, after just two years. They never wanted success for Sega Saturn, because they never maked any real Sonic on it, and they never wanted success for the dreamcast, because they wanted to have the monopol. Dreamcast was selling great, but not as expected. That's the point. If SNK would have done the same, they would have stopped Neo-Geo in 1992! It's because SNK cares about customers, that we got games for the Neo-Geo until 2005, means 15 years of Neo-Geo, and there was only 1,000,000 units sell, and Saturn, the "huge" failure, sell more than 10 millions! That's the difference when somebody cares more about supremacy, than about fans and customers.

You bought 32X when it was out? If you would, you would have been disgusted, because as a customer you wouldn't be considered. 10 games available of one origin for this machine.

I even have the scottie Pippen game Mega CD 32X crap. So I know that Sega doesn't cares about his customers. They care only about their supremacy.

If you only buyed a Megadrive, it's easy to be a Sega FanBoy. They loved the supremacy they got with that machine. They hated to not have supremacy later, so they gived up on consoles and on fans. I got the dreamcast Magazine, with the official announce when they gived up, saying "We are going to become the biggest editor in the world, because we want to make games on all supports, including mobile phones, etc..."

And look where are they today. They are pathetic. They make only 2 games these days. Sonic, and Yakuza. Where is the "biggest editor of all times?"

They gived up on the prestige to have something on their own, for the prestige to be the slave of others. For this, I despise them, period.

Boki
09-18-2018, 03:05 AM

Here is my retro-gen adapter. Enjoy.

also here, if you need a review. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jNDZJWXO-s

Snes have a Super Game Boy, and a Super Retro Megadrive.

Nice. :tickled:

Tech&Music
09-18-2018, 03:30 AM
I want to play Megadrive like a Neo-Geo. It's a matter of win or loose, it's hard to explain to a gaïjin.

We might be gaijin, but at least we're not retarded enough to want to play games for other consoles on Neo Geo while nonsensically ranting on about it. Hell, you might just be more indecipherable than Amiga1200 and Karou combined.

Boki
09-18-2018, 03:57 AM
People that are still searching to have a full house of consoles either don't have a social life, or don't know what they are talking about.

These days, most often wifes don't wanna see a lot of consoles in home.

Look at this

As I said, you don't know what you are talking about. I even have Sega Saturn floppy disc drive, Sega Saturn Modem, etc...
NeoSD is a stockage solution, and also a low priced way to have an entire Neo collection. I just want to have one console per "theme".
I played on NeoX megadrive games, it's nice with the Neo-Geo stick. There is plenty of Superguns that have Neo-Geo layout. There is a rare SNK Neo-Geo Supergun that already exist too, but it's extremely rare, it's SNK official, not from a third party.

As I said, using a Neo like this is faisible, because there is already a jamma adapter for MVS, and a Megadrive adapter for SNES.

Now, whatever you said, it's the facts. And for megadrive fans, every time a gadget like this is made, prices for a Megadrive lowers. It's also a fact, so it's better for you.

Most often, people saying what you all people say doesn't have anything at home...

titchgamer
09-18-2018, 05:13 AM
People that are still searching to have a full house of consoles either don't have a social life, or don't know what they are talking about.

These days, most often wifes don't wanna see a lot of consoles in home.

Look at this

As I said, you don't know what you are talking about. I even have Sega Saturn floppy disc drive, Sega Saturn Modem, etc...
NeoSD is a stockage solution, and also a low priced way to have an entire Neo collection. I just want to have one console per "theme".
I played on NeoX megadrive games, it's nice with the Neo-Geo stick. There is plenty of Superguns that have Neo-Geo layout. There is a rare SNK Neo-Geo Supergun that already exist too, but it's extremely rare, it's SNK official, not from a third party.

As I said, using a Neo like this is faisible, because there is already a jamma adapter for MVS, and a Megadrive adapter for SNES.

Now, whatever you said, it's the facts. And for megadrive fans, every time a gadget like this is made, prices for a Megadrive lowers. It's also a fact, so it's better for you.

Most often, people saying what you all people say doesn't have anything at home...

Hey...

Look at this....

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180918/45f23ed0ccc382066512f83500223069.jpg

Looks like a mega drive 2 right!?

Well let me blow your mind!

Its actually a Rpi 3 in a broken MD2 case. It has the entire library for SG1000, Master system, Mega drive, NES, SNES, Neo Geo, TG16 and feck knows what else I put on there.

Know what else? It cost me less than £50 to make....

You can buy allot of Rpi’s for the cost of a single Neo SD.

Now tell me again why you want to hack a flash cart for a Neo Geo to play Mega Drive games????

Tech&Music
09-18-2018, 05:23 AM
Now tell me again why you want to hack a flash cart for a Neo Geo to play Mega Drive games????

Because he's a collectard? That's what he's alluding to in the post you replied to. But honestly, fuck knows why he wants it. He also asked if he could convert MP3 and MP4 files to .neo files so he can play those on his Neo Geo. Either this guy is advanced trolling, or advanced stupid.

titchgamer
09-18-2018, 05:31 AM
Because he's a collectard? That's what he's alluding to in the post you replied to. But honestly, fuck knows why he wants it. He also asked if he could convert MP3 and MP4 files to .neo files so he can play those on his Neo Geo. Either this guy is advanced trolling, or advanced stupid.

IKR because the Neo Geo is the ultimate all in one entertainment system!

The very best in video gaming, Music and Video play back capabilities!

*face palm*

Boki
09-18-2018, 07:19 AM
Hey...

Look at this....

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180918/45f23ed0ccc382066512f83500223069.jpg

Looks like a mega drive 2 right!?

Well let me blow your mind!

Its actually a Rpi 3 in a broken MD2 case. It has the entire library for SG1000, Master system, Mega drive, NES, SNES, Neo Geo, TG16 and feck knows what else I put on there.

Know what else? It cost me less than £50 to make....

You can buy allot of Rpi’s for the cost of a single Neo SD.

Do I have to justify myself? I don't understand first why you show me a raspberry pi. I hate it. Simple. I even prefer a NeoX.

NeoGeo can easily handle a RPG like Samurai Spirits Bushidohretsuden, so more console-like, feeling is great, and NeoCD pads are compatible with Neo AES. It would be great to play Shining Force with a NeoCD pad, for example.

I would maybe like more a raspberry pi in a NeoGeo cartridge. I like gadgets, I hate Megadrive (2 even more), so I want to play on my Neo MD games, like I played before on my NeoX, before I bricked it XD

You don't like Sonic on Neo Pocket? I love it.
There should have been more on Neo CD, but Sega played unfair. Many great Neo games on Saturn, even (with shitty backgrounds) Waku Waku, Fighter History Dynamite, etc... And Sega never respected his agreement with SNK. I want justice, it's simple.

Having many neo games on SS dont served positively SNK, because versions were not good, small fighters in best cases, and why bother to buy a Neo if you already have all SNK (even if you don't, when I was young I thought my versions were the same as the Neo version) great games? Now, it would be normal to "force" Sega to respect his agreement, by making Sega games available on Neo. I don't need a Sega-Capcom pad (the only real sega controller was the arcade Stick, the 6 button pad was made in collaboration with Capcom) to play MD, I just need a Neo stick, or a NeoCD pad, that was way better in term of feeling.

Besides, if a Snes can do it, you think the neo couldn't handle it? It's just a miniaturized MD, and this is why with another processor, if you emulate well a machine, you could do the same, and play with NeoGeo Sticks or pads, on real Neo, and even, if you downgrade display quality, make it displayed by the Neo processors.

W-H-Y N-O-T? And you all like to speak for everybody. You represent only yourself. When you love your Neo, you want everything on it. All people saying to buy other hardware than SNK has nothing to do in a forum dedicated to the Neo-Geo, in my opinion.

GohanX
09-18-2018, 07:25 AM
The Retrogen is an entire Genesis crammed onto a cartridge and only uses the SNES to supply power and controller inputs, it doesn't do any of the things you suggest a Neo Geo should do to run Genesis games. It's also a really, really bad way to play Genesis games.

Boki
09-18-2018, 07:28 AM

Speak for yourself. Before, I was converting videos for the Sega Saturn, for the Dreamcast, etc...

And if you had at least checked what links I was sharing (It proves you speak but you absolutely don't care... You just want to show I'm wrong, and you're right), you should have seen there was a guy showing he could launch a MP3 using Linux Kernel on m68000 (with additional devices).

Don't you remember there was a movie player on Neo Pocket? Neo Pocket is the same hardware as the neogeo. So...

Boki
09-18-2018, 07:30 AM
IKR because the Neo Geo is the ultimate all in one entertainment system!

The very best in video gaming, Music and Video play back capabilities!

*face palm*

I love my Neo. I plaid guilty. I thought it was normal on a forum called Neo-Geo.com...

Boki
09-18-2018, 07:38 AM
The Retrogen is an entire Genesis crammed onto a cartridge and only uses the SNES to supply power and controller inputs, it doesn't do any of the things you suggest a Neo Geo should do to run Genesis games. It's also a really, really bad way to play Genesis games.

I don't like to play games on genesis, but I liked to play same games on NeoX, coz of the Stick.

I never said I want absolutely something else than it was done in this SNES cartridge. Because i've seen a JAMMA to MVS converter, meaning the display and sound can go through cartridge port, it means that (MD to SNES) can be done better on Neo. And if they can use a MD chip on it, or an Android-compatible chip in a NeoSD, why this kind of processor can't be used to something else, like emulating a console or arcade, as everybody do on crappy Samsung low capabilities android phones?

Can you tell me why the processor couldn't be used for something else than just copy games to Flash memory?

titchgamer
09-18-2018, 07:42 AM
We all love Neo Geo....

For playing Neo Geo games!
I also love my Mega Drive and my SNES but funnily enough I dont want to play Neo Geo games on them.

So you dont like the MD2 case? So what?
Stick a Pi in a MVS cart, Or your Bricked Neo X it really does not matter.

Hell you can even get a USB neo pad to plug into it and use that!

The point is there are far far far better ways to achieve what you want to achieve.

What you are proposing is not only a very expensive solution but utterly pointless.

Ya know ypu can even play music and videos on a Pi....

Shit the Pi can do everything you want at about 1/10th of the cost of a Neo Geo system and a NeoSD.

Damn ypu could even buy a polymega!! LOL

If you can not understand that then you are a truly lost cause!!

Yodd
09-18-2018, 07:42 AM
So you hate the Megadrive, but would like playing Megadrive games on the Neo.

You hate the raspberry pi, but if you could somehow attach it to the Neo that would be ok too.

What else do you hate but would like if it interfaced with the Neo? Super Famicom? XBox? Women?

Boki
09-18-2018, 08:13 AM
We all love Neo Geo....

For playing Neo Geo games!
I also love my Mega Drive and my SNES but funnily enough I dont want to play Neo Geo games on them.

So you dont like the MD2 case? So what?
Stick a Pi in a MVS cart, Or your Bricked Neo X it really does not matter.

Hell you can even get a USB neo pad to plug into it and use that!

The point is there are far far far better ways to achieve what you want to achieve.

What you are proposing is not only a very expensive solution but utterly pointless.

Ya know ypu can even play music and videos on a Pi....

Shit the Pi can do everything you want at about 1/10th of the cost of a Neo Geo system and a NeoSD.

Damn ypu could even buy a polymega!! LOL

If you can not understand that then you are a truly lost cause!!

USB is USB. Db-15 is DB-15. I was absolutely not the same. There is nothing best than an arcade type of connection, like on the neo, without the need to decode your inputs, to be recognised by a console.

Boki
09-18-2018, 08:17 AM
So you hate the Megadrive, but would like playing Megadrive games on the Neo.

You hate the raspberry pi, but if you could somehow attach it to the Neo that would be ok too.

What else do you hate but would like if it interfaced with the Neo? Super Famicom? XBox? Women?

I love my Neo. I dislike the Sega Hardware, because Sega hated it before me. I buyed a Sega Saturn when everybody was playing a PS, and Sega wasn't caring about all people that have buyed a Saturn, even if it was sell 10 times more than the Neo. read all my messages, I already said that in details.

titchgamer
09-18-2018, 08:31 AM
USB is USB. Db-15 is DB-15. I was absolutely not the same. There is nothing best than an arcade type of connection, like on the neo, without the need to decode your inputs, to be recognised by a console.

Its official....

You are a lost cause!

You make no sense and have no idea how to make life easy for yourself.

I give up.

voltronbadass
09-18-2018, 08:32 AM
:lol::lol::lol:

The neo forums never cease to amaze me with peoples stupidity

Boki
09-18-2018, 08:54 AM
And I also prefer Neo-geo Mai Shiranui than Sega Satan Mai Shiranui (in japanese it was called Satan - セガサターン, Sega Satān - https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturn_(console_de_jeux_vid%C3%A9o) ), coz the "nippon itchi" (best in japan) is the Neo-Geo, not the Sega Saturn. It's simple logic.

Boki
09-18-2018, 08:58 AM
:lol::lol::lol:

The neo forums never cease to amaze me with peoples stupidity

When I see you playmobil-ranger avatar, I really think the same.

Boki
09-18-2018, 09:02 AM
Its official....

You are a lost cause!

You make no sense and have no idea how to make life easy for yourself.

I give up.

I hate the fact of having USB everywhere. What does that mean? A button is a button. Couldn't it be possible to just have a simple button, 0 or 1? This is what we find on the Neo-Geo, because even if you don't "feel" it, having direct inputs is having faster inputs, and it changes everything.

madman
09-18-2018, 09:08 AM
This dude has been cookin' up some srs 'burgers while I slept. Where to even begin with this insanity?

Niko
09-18-2018, 09:16 AM
First off: you can’t run Linux on a regular 68000 cpu like what’s in the Neo Geo because a 68000 cpu lacks MMU (memory management unit). Linux requires it. Period.

Actually, yes you can, and no it doesn't. ;)

Yodd
09-18-2018, 09:25 AM

Sorry, my nerd OS knowledge appears to be out of date.

Doesn't change the fact this dude is fucking crazy.

madman
09-18-2018, 09:31 AM
Can you making nesrgb in neosd support for C64 carts? Because I buy Saturn 20 years ago and Sega does not care about me! SNK still loves my collection.

Boki
09-18-2018, 10:07 AM
Sorry, my nerd OS knowledge appears to be out of date.

The guy who is crazy, is the one coming again, to say a thing about something that doesn't concern him. I just gaved my opinion, and it proved you are wrong. Was it my fault?

Boki
09-18-2018, 10:15 AM
Can you making nesrgb in neosd support for C64 carts? Because I buy Saturn 20 years ago and Sega does not care about me! SNK still loves my collection.

Better get back to sleep, here as i see, nobody cares about acquiring skills on the Neo, and defeating opponents. It's all stronger with a Neo-Geo pad, weaker with a Sega pad, that need to be coded to be understand by Sega consoles.
Did you have some fights to show me your skills, to show that you are strong?
Nope. You all talk, and no action.

here, I can show you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhhzMRNxrJg

'later.

madman
09-18-2018, 10:23 AM
Better get back to sleep, here as i see, nobody cares about acquiring skills on the Neo, and defeating opponents. It's all stronger with a Neo-Geo pad, weaker with a Sega pad, that need to be coded to be understand by Sega consoles.
Did you have some fights to show me your skills, to show that you are strong?
Nope. You all talk, and no action.

here, I can show you.
'later.

If you think a human can actually perceive some sort of input lag on the Genesis' multiplexed controller input you are sorely mistaken and are spending far too much time worrying about a non-existent problem.

Razoola
09-18-2018, 10:28 AM
Plenty of peope here care about the NeoGeo and I would say that outside of the makers some of the most knowledgable people on the inner workings of the NeoGeo visit the NG forums. Can you please stear this conversation back on topic of this thread.

Evil Wasabi
09-18-2018, 10:34 AM
Oh great some Chinese guy think this place is MTR him to poop in. Controller pad sucks. Best controller is the original stick.

Boki
09-18-2018, 11:06 AM
If you think a human can actually perceive some sort of input lag on the Genesis' multiplexed controller input you are sorely mistaken and are spending far too much time worrying about a non-existent problem.

I don't say to perceive it. I just say that more you add, more you loose speed. There is a simple test for that. You try playing MOW on win emulator, then on linux. You will then like more to play on Linux, without knowing why. Even if it was minimal, you feel something wrong. Everybody know this about wifi console sticks, so why would it be different on the Neo-Geo and Sega consoles?
I know i prefer the Neo, and why would i prefer it, sometimes games are the same for example on Sega Saturn, or on PS4? it's because of that. You can't quantify it, but you know something wrong, and in an arcade connection type it's better.

It's just simple logic. Neo-Geo is a fast interface, with a bios. Saturn is a slow interface, and is based on the megadrive.

It's the same when in alpha 3 console version you can change commands to long, arcade or normal. There is a difference, and if you play an arcade stick, you feel better with arcade commands, even if you doesn't know why.

I remarked this when I was playing with various kinds of adapters on PC, and changing OS'es.

Boki
09-18-2018, 11:10 AM
Oh great some Chinese guy think this place is MTR him to poop in. Controller pad sucks. Best controller is the original stick.

Chinese? You sure have good stuff to smoke... These flags are automatically choosed. S for Singapore must be the final flag, because they don't have every flag.

Rot
09-18-2018, 11:26 AM
Chinese? You sure have good stuff to smoke... These flags are automatically choosed. S for Singapore must be the final flag, because they don't have every flag.

You should shush for a while... The fact is no one is interested in producing a product to play Sega Games on a NG console...

I'd advise a modicum of self preservation.... and avoid this subject...

xROTx

PS. Upto you man... but currently 3 Admin just posted in this thread in under 24 hours...

ONE of them happens to be me... and even tho it's my Birthday today, I aint a Saint...

RAZO
09-18-2018, 01:07 PM

Pretty much this.

Evil Wasabi
09-18-2018, 01:52 PM

Your mom Chinese guy. Ok? Be a man.

Syn
09-18-2018, 02:08 PM
Warroom, warroom, warroom...

basic
09-18-2018, 03:23 PM

Hmm didn't know that if it's the case. I'll trust you over this rando. Either way, still a dumb proposal.

F4U57
09-18-2018, 05:02 PM
“Choosed, buyed, gaved”

What other words has this guy invented?

Syn
09-18-2018, 05:27 PM
“Choosed, buyed, gaved”

Must be using Karou's Thesaurus.

Ren-chan
09-19-2018, 01:26 AM
“Choosed, buyed, gaved”

I don't knowed

Boki
10-02-2018, 06:49 AM
So, means you can speak another language that your native language or english?

I make an effort to say what I have in mind. If you could speak French, I wouldn't have to bother searching for my words.

When people are making an effort to communicate, I don't see why it's wrong. Can you explain what you have in your mind? Besides, I play too much, so I don't have time to sleep. :snack: I was tired this day. So my apologies for these "new words".
I'm sure you couldn't follow in another language anyway, so don't go lecture somebody who is trying to speak your language, who is trying to communicate. What was this way of doing? If people are afraid to speak, then it's called "self-censure", and there is no point to do that. This is why people are following like sheeps (politics, etc...), they are afraid to say what they have in their minds. "If all people say that, so it must be true..."

People told me "If all people jump in a ravine, will you follow them?"

Boki
10-02-2018, 07:02 AM
Your mom Chinese guy. Ok? Be a man.

Я не смеялся в Русских.... What you wanted to say? Раз я мужик, тогда слушайте внимательно! My mom is not a chinese guy. It wasn't ok, and I'm a man.

я мужчина, брат

понял?

F4U57
10-02-2018, 07:17 AM
Я не смеялся в Русских.... What you wanted to say? Раз я мужик, тогда слушайте внимательно! My mom is not a chinese guy. It wasn't ok, and I'm a man.

я мужчина, брат

понял?

Shut up, faggot

Boki
10-02-2018, 07:36 AM
Shut up, faggot

Nice way of talking. It was told by your Kangaroo bro'?

You eat sometimes another meat than this Kangaroo meat? Doctors says it wasn't that good. Plus your give too much beers to your friend Kangaroo... It could make the meat acid.

Maybe you should buy an helicopter, and try to travel in Town? Now pheasants like you can be accepted, even in town, don't worry. How many kilometers of Australian Bush to the nearest town? 2 or 3 thousands?

Morden
10-31-2018, 03:38 PM
And I also prefer Neo-geo Mai Shiranui than Sega Satan Mai Shiranui

This place never disappoints. Ever. I love it how you can just drop in whenever and read shit like this. I also love how people can register here and wait four years before deploying the retard bomb. Sega fucking Satan. I'm dyyyyiiing.

Jumpingmanjim
10-31-2018, 04:11 PM
What in god's name is going on?