PDA

View Full Version : Terraonion New Product(s) discussion thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Rot
11-16-2017, 12:53 PM
RF

Yodd.... Off Topic... you ever consider shaving that goatee off man...

I have a Pic of 300wins driving license photo... and well... the facial hair thing... it's all very weird...

xROTx

PS. Roger really is the most Non-Azn.... Azn i have ever seen...

Yodd
11-16-2017, 01:02 PM
I look like I’m 12 when it’s shaved off.

Yodd.... Off Topic... you ever consider shaving that goatee off man...

I have a Pic of 300wins driving license photo... and well... the facial hair thing... it's all very weird...

xROTx

PS. Roger really is the most Non-Azn.... Azn i have ever seen...

coreykun667
11-16-2017, 01:13 PM
I look like I’m 12 when it’s shaved off.

I feel ya, man. I look like an overweight lesbian soccer coach when I have no facial hair and I have a buzzcut.

RyoGeo
11-16-2017, 01:44 PM
RF

Damn, son, you know how to cut me to the quick.

Please tell me it comes with a TV/GAME switcher box, with the two screw on leads.

Rot
11-16-2017, 02:09 PM
I can safely say... that the new Neosd device is a real doll with 3 holes...

RF... RGB and HDMI....

YES!... the ultmate nerd device...

xROTx

RyoGeo
11-16-2017, 02:19 PM
Now i just need one of those amazon, stick your phone in a box and wear it on your head, VR thingies, and i'm all set.

neosd
11-16-2017, 06:21 PM
Yes, its Region Free

VGC1612
11-17-2017, 07:04 PM
One more week before get some news about your project?

lachlan
11-17-2017, 07:14 PM
It's a flash cart for the Atomiswave that can play naomi and dreamcast roms! I KNEW IT.

fenikso
11-17-2017, 07:21 PM
It's a flash cart for the Atomiswave that can play naomi and dreamcast roms! I KNEW IT.

Nonsense, it's an SD card replacement drive for PS1 that plays PS2,3,4 AND 5 games (future compatability, what will those kooky Sony engineers think of next?) with a possible firmware update to get PSP and Vita games added later.

LegoSlug
11-17-2017, 10:25 PM
I'm gonna guess it's a naomi flashcart. It will cost a little more than the netdimm plus raspberry pi set up, but if it works with a menu selection like the neosd it will be the better option and make switching games a snap, plus it will have the potential to store game data such as high scores, start up times will be quicker, and whatever the last game was will load automatically like a standard cart. Plus I think this is one piece of arcade hardware that has a bit of mass appeal, just like CPS2.

I would like to see PGM flash cart, but the mass appeal is not quite there. Would be worth it just for 1 of the cave games.

RyoGeo
11-18-2017, 01:58 PM
I have it on good authority that it's a ring for Rot's dingus, with a tactile interface that allows him to war room lock those that do not meet with his favor, all while in the can.

It also orders whiskey from the nearest Tesco (https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/255986761).

Hine62
11-18-2017, 04:21 PM
I have it on good authority that it's a ring for Rot's dingus, with a tactile interface that allows him to war room lock those that do not meet with his favor, all while in the can.

It also orders whiskey from the nearest Tesco (https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/255986761).

LOL... this has to be what it is.

or, hopefully another neo geo cart. The NeoSD is a great product. I'm enjoying playing neogeo games on my supergun instead of emulation. Very happy customer here!

coreykun667
11-19-2017, 03:32 AM
Like someone mentioned earlier, I'd also be excited for a Naomi flash cart. I know netbooting would make it kinda redundant, but the fact that the Net Dimm carts are becoming harder to find for a decent price is something to consider, as well as the DIMMs being VERY power-hungry. Having something that simplifies it without needing a computer or anything to boot the games would be nice, plus you have not just the Naomi's library at your disposal, but also Naomi 2 and Atomiswave.

All that being said, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

Slugger
11-19-2017, 01:15 PM
Many of the best Naomi games have already been ported to Dreamcast so I donīt quite see the mass appeal.

LegoSlug
11-19-2017, 02:16 PM
Many of the best Naomi games have already been ported to Dreamcast so I donīt quite see the mass appeal.

There is something to be said about playing the arcade version with zero to no load times (cart based as opposed to gd rom). Doesn't get more arcade perfect than the real deal.

NeoGeoFanatic
11-19-2017, 07:44 PM
+1

I would love me a Naomi multi flash cart. As you mentioned, it is difficult to find all the components at a reasonable price.

Sign me up for a Naomi flash cart as well!

coreykun667
11-20-2017, 02:39 AM
There is something to be said about playing the arcade version with zero to no load times (cart based as opposed to gd rom). Doesn't get more arcade perfect than the real deal.

Even then, the GD Rom games would load fairly quickly on a flash cart I would assume. Having the ability to play Naomi/N2/AW on one board is absolutely insane and I love it. That and I don't think it'd ever be possible to run those games on a Dreamcast without a decent piece of hardware to go with it. That'd be pretty badass though.

xsq
11-20-2017, 05:18 AM
flEsh card.

Gyrian
11-20-2017, 05:54 AM
Twist: the product isn't a Naomi jack of all trades, but a Dreamcast one to let it handle all the Naomi goodies natively.
I kid. Something for the PC-Engine would be rather sweet, though.

Morden
11-20-2017, 08:06 AM
We've talked about this earlier, but to me, a new Naomi solution would have to be pretty robust to capture my interest. Not only would it have to load Naomi, Naomi 2 and AW games, but Triforce and Chihiro titles as well. A NetDIMM does just that. I still find the NetDIMM too damn convenient to swap it out, but if the price was right, I would consider such a flash cartridge so that I wouldn't have to swap out the DIMM between boards, as I have only one.

Flash device priority check for me:

01 - CPS Qsound
02 - IGS PGM
03 - Everything else

coreykun667
11-20-2017, 12:48 PM
We've talked about this earlier, but to me, a new Naomi solution would have to be pretty robust to capture my interest. Not only would it have to load Naomi, Naomi 2 and AW games, but Triforce and Chihiro titles as well. A NetDIMM does just that. I still find the NetDIMM too damn convenient to swap it out, but if the price was right, I would consider such a flash cartridge so that I wouldn't have to swap out the DIMM between boards, as I have only one.

Flash device priority check for me:

01 - CPS Qsound
02 - IGS PGM
03 - Everything else

Oh shit, didn't know about Triforce and Chihiro being usable on NetDIMM also. That's pretty sweet, actually. Now I understand why the units are expensive. They're definitely worth the pricetag for how much you can play with it.

zouzzz
11-20-2017, 11:35 PM
A DVD drive mod for Neo Geo CD.

Gummy Bear
11-21-2017, 12:19 PM
A universal ODE!

LegoSlug
11-21-2017, 12:32 PM
Oh shit, didn't know about Triforce and Chihiro being usable on NetDIMM also. That's pretty sweet, actually. Now I understand why the units are expensive. They're definitely worth the pricetag for how much you can play with it.

I would assume only the ones that use the netdimm would work with triforce and chihiro, so both Chihiro and Triforce Type 1 games only. It would be worth it to me because:

1) Probably wouldn't need the battery that the netdimm has, so previously loaded game would not be erased if the board has not been booted in a few days, and one less battery to worry about
2) Once the game is loaded, it should work just like a cart (like the cart conversions of gd games)
3) Ability to swap games without restarting the mobo
4) Ability to select bios from the game select screen (like neo sd)
6) If board requires less power, you should be able to run with the capcom I/O
5) Possible access to game soundtracks via jukebox mode
6) Ability to load games that require the 1 gb memory without buying more stuff (chihiro)

coreykun667
11-21-2017, 12:49 PM
I would assume only the ones that use the netdimm would work with triforce and chihiro, so both Chihiro and Triforce Type 1 games only. It would be worth it to me because:

1) Probably wouldn't need the battery that the netdimm has, so previously loaded game would not be erased if the board has not been booted in a few days, and one less battery to worry about
2) Once the game is loaded, it should work just like a cart (like the cart conversions of gd games)
3) Ability to swap games without restarting the mobo
4) Ability to select bios from the game select screen (like neo sd)
6) If board requires less power, you should be able to run with the capcom I/O
5) Possible access to game soundtracks via jukebox mode
6) Ability to load games that require the 1 gb memory without buying more stuff (chihiro)

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/stop_penis_erect_archer.gif

But yeah, a multicart would be well worth it. On a side note I wish I wasn't so damn broke right now since there's a Naomi 2 board with a Net DIMM for sale in Sacramento right now.

Morden
11-21-2017, 02:01 PM
I would assume only the ones that use the netdimm would work with triforce and chihiro, so both Chihiro and Triforce Type 1 games only.

Yeah, well, obviously. Non-type 1 boards [Type 3 (https://youtu.be/17GflCXTTJc)] have their own built in memory [like an integrated DIMM], which can also be netbooted, so no need for either a NetDIMM or a flash cartridge.

Probably wouldn't need the battery that the netdimm has, so previously loaded game would not be erased if the board has not been booted in a few days, and one less battery to worry about

Having the last flashed game in memory sure is convenient, but my Pi + NetDIMM flash times are by no means a deal breaker. Besides, this is arcade, not a MAME cab. You're supposed to play one game, not swap roms every fifteen seconds like some emu-YouTube yell-at-the-screen brat. I can certainly wait a minute or two. Triforce and Chihiro games can be quite large, and they still flash pretty quickly. If I can survive swapping CPS3 games every once in a while, this is not a problem, at all.

Ability to select bios from the game select screen (like neo sd)

What do you mean? How can you select BIOS from NeoSD's screen? Unless you mean AES/MVS and region. Would having a flash cartridge for Naomi guarantee you get the same ability? I'm not sure how Naomi handles regions, but I always thought the releases were region specific, and didn't contain all regions, or at least JP/EN, which would boot according to the BIOS language.

If board requires less power, you should be able to run with the capcom I/O

Naomi is the only board requiring aux power to run a NetDIMM. Naomi 2, Chihiro and Triforce don't. I don't have a Naomi power supply, so I'm running power from a PC supply, via supergun and Capcom I/O. Everything works fine. Besides, if you're planning on playing Naomi games, there is no reason why you would choose Naomi over Naomi 2.

Possible access to game soundtracks via jukebox mode

This would only work for compressed audio, which in many cases with Naomi games would be ADX, but not all games work like that. Some use sequenced instruments. Who is listening to music on their arcade machine, anyway?

This post wasn't meant to counter everything you said, by the way. It was just easier to respond in this fashion. Like I said, I wouldn't mind having a Naomi flash cartridge as an extra unit, if the price was right.

Pinball
11-22-2017, 04:38 PM
I'm bored. When is the reveal?

neosd
11-22-2017, 05:00 PM
I'm bored. When is the reveal?

You should visit chat, i heard great things happen there

Xian Xi
11-22-2017, 05:30 PM
TerraOnion sounds like an SD cart for the STV.

Nostromo
11-23-2017, 07:48 AM
Chat has stopped working for me since a few months at least. Gives me a white screen and tried multiple browsers.

fenikso
11-23-2017, 08:06 AM
Any chance we can have a price on the new item?

sr20det510
11-23-2017, 08:09 AM
Chat has stopped working for me since a few months at least. Gives me a white screen and tried multiple browsers.

Update your flash player.

Rot
11-23-2017, 08:46 AM

If you're using Chrome... please go into Advance settings and activate Flash...

Chrome seems to work best with our chat room currently..

Any chance we can have a price on the new item?

WELL... you missed the fun in chat last night when Neosd announced it to the chat crew...

BUT... as always... what is said in chat usually stays in chat:keke:...

xROTx

Nostromo
11-23-2017, 08:51 AM
Thanks Rot. that worked! See you in chat!

fenikso
11-23-2017, 09:04 AM
If you're using Chrome... please go into Advance settings and activate Flash...

Chrome seems to work best with our chat room currently..

WELL... you missed the fun in chat last night when Neosd announced it to the chat crew...

BUT... as always... what is said in chat usually stays in chat:keke:...

xROTx

Fair enough.

Rot
11-23-2017, 09:06 AM
Fair enough.

I think... Neosd is awaiting some parts... but will announce in approximately 2 weeks even if they don't come...

xROTx

neosd
11-23-2017, 11:06 AM
I think... Neosd is awaiting some parts... but will announce in approximately 2 weeks even if they don't come...

xROTx

we are waiting for the shells, if those dosenīt arrive at the end of the first week of december, we will show it anyways

Our intention is not show only the pcb but the whole product with shells and box.

Thanks

Thanks

sr20det510
11-23-2017, 03:52 PM
we are waiting for the shells, if those dosenīt arrive at the end of the first week of december, we will show it anyways

Our intention is not show only the pcb but the whole product with shells and box.

Thanks

Thanks

Sounds like a plan!

Pinball
11-26-2017, 06:20 PM
I definitely don't chat enough :-)

What is the announcement?

sr20det510
11-26-2017, 06:30 PM
I definitely don't chat enough :-)

What is the announcement?

The announcement was that he is announcing in December.

oliverclaude
11-27-2017, 03:54 AM
The announcement was that he is announcing in December.

Yep, Christmas is coming a bit earlier this year ;).

neosd
11-27-2017, 08:17 AM
Yep, Christmas is coming a bit earlier this year ;).

I anounce that we will anounce our anouncement as soon as we have shells (about 7th of december) ;)

I asume you guys want to see what you are going to get shipped it isnīt ?

Rot
11-27-2017, 08:21 AM
I asume you guys want to see what you are going to get shipped it isnīt ?

Naw... I'm good...

The lads don't wanna know that much anyway... they're a patient bunch of nerds..:keke:

xROTx

dkarDaGobert
11-27-2017, 08:43 AM
i'm glad i have no use for the upcomin device and can save my money
gl with the sale anyway - im sure the product will kick ass!

PS: ah not banned <3 rot <3

neosd
11-27-2017, 09:58 AM
i'm glad i have no use for the upcomin device and can save my money
gl with the sale anyway - im sure the product will kick ass!

Rot,

He said he is not going to buy it.

This is bad advertishing for us, could you please ban him ?

We donīt like people here saying such things or asking so much

Thanks

GadgetUK
11-27-2017, 10:36 AM
Curious what he posted now lol. How anyone can have anything bad to say about terra onion products is quite honestly beyond me. Always drama on here!

dkarDaGobert
11-27-2017, 10:49 AM
haha gadget seems like you missed some drama in the chat ;)

neosd
11-27-2017, 10:53 AM
haha gadget seems like you missed some drama in the chat ;)

It seems so ;)

He is so used about mg.com drama that he thinks we got that everyday :)

Anyways, so much fun on chat yesterday :)

Rot
11-27-2017, 11:41 AM
Rot getting trolled on a site where he's king... KKKIINNGG!!!

..it seems like rep means nothing nowadays:(

On a more positive note... the device is pretty damn good... everyone in chat is gonna try and get it FIRST batch... it's worth it...

xROTx

fille1976
11-27-2017, 11:45 AM
so from the 7th december,whe can order this?
then i take a day off from my work especially to order this thing.

supergoose
11-27-2017, 11:45 AM

"just go to the neo-geo.com chat and ask Rot (and bear his stupid patter)
He will definitely have a link ready for you with a finished rom pack"

https://circuit-board.de/forum/index.php/Thread/18068-AES-MVS-Multigame-Cart-von-Darksoft-kommt/?postID=614744#post614744

Rot
11-27-2017, 11:49 AM

"just go to the neo-geo.com chat and ask Rot (and bear his stupid patter)
He will definitely have a link ready for you with a finished rom pack"

STUPID PATTER!

...WTF... you hurt me man... hurt me lots:(

xROTx

PS. I built the chat from nothing mofo... just sayin'...

neosd
11-27-2017, 11:56 AM

To place an order you will need :
Purchase date
Forum username
Drivers license
To sign a contract to not complain if what we ship you is crap

Everything a regular company would ask you about when placing any product order . It's for your safety

Btw now talking seriously : we told several times , we are just waiting for shells, today we have rto curved a video of the injection tests and there are not issues, so then plan is next week shipment from china to Spain by ups

We will mke the announcement as soon as posible, we want shells to show the actual product before anyone asks if shells will be shipped latter for free or so

We are trying to do things better than we did with neosd announcement

Thanks

aku
11-27-2017, 12:40 PM
only people who join chat NOW will get a free shell!

dkarDaGobert
11-27-2017, 12:52 PM
not everyone!

lachlan
11-27-2017, 02:55 PM

Take the day off work for a 30 second order, that's Belgium for you.

Rot
11-27-2017, 03:03 PM
Take the day off work for a 30 second wank, that's Belgium for you.

FIXED!

xROTx

F4U57
11-27-2017, 03:29 PM
Chat hasn't worked for me for months... :(

Rot
11-27-2017, 03:31 PM

What browser are you using pal?

xROTx

Gyrian
11-27-2017, 03:45 PM

That's probably because they removed Chrome's built-in flash a few months back. If you do install full-blown flash, make sure to tell Chrome to allow it to be run here (you can whitelist neo-geo.com).

F4U57
11-27-2017, 03:48 PM
What browser are you using pal?

xROTx

Chrome.

That's probably because they removed Chrome's built-in flash a few months back. If you do install full-blown flash, make sure to tell Chrome to allow it to be run here (you can whitelist neo-geo.com).

That's likely the issue, thanks.

Rot
11-28-2017, 01:54 AM
Rot... Proudly announces a teaser for the new Neosd project... (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSt8k1pk2TE)

xROTx

oliverclaude
11-28-2017, 04:10 AM
Rot... Proudly announces a teaser for the new Neosd project... (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSt8k1pk2TE)

xROTx

Fucking unbelivable!

xTHXx

BerryTogart
11-28-2017, 05:50 AM
So in order to receive the reveal you have to fuck up your system by using a (nowadays) crap technology that is righteously banned in most browsers. People who try to get this information via forum (and like christmas challenges) get fucked up by a link of the same mod who backs flash and it's security problems in 2017 - I guess ng.com is finally coming back to its old glory.

On a more serious note: Pick at least ANY solution that doesn't make me want to vomit when entering the chat: https://www.arrowchat.com/vbulletin-chat/, $125 for a non-branded fully integratable chat - I'm in with $10 and vote for kicking flash in the nuts. (there are perhaps also free options - I didn't bother searching extensively)

bubba966
11-28-2017, 06:19 AM
On a more positive note... the device is pretty damn good... everyone in chat is gonna try and get it FIRST batch... it's worth it...

xROTx

I don't think EVERYONE in chat's gonna hop on it immediately...

Anyway, is not something I need myself. But it is quite nice and I expect it'll go over well.

Rot
11-28-2017, 07:34 AM
So in order to receive the reveal you have to fuck up your system by using a (nowadays) crap technology that is righteously banned in most browsers. People who try to get this information via forum (and like christmas challenges) get fucked up by a link of the same mod who backs flash and it's security problems in 2017

I am confused... this same "mod" that backs flash... are you referring to me?

I guess ng.com is finally coming back to its old glory.

WELL... if the answer to the first question is indeed me... I am slightly IRRITATED... with your allegation that I back Flash...

On a more serious note: Pick at least ANY solution that doesn't make me want to vomit when entering the chat: https://www.arrowchat.com/vbulletin-chat/, $125 for a non-branded fully integratable chat - I'm in with $10 and vote for kicking flash in the nuts. (there are perhaps also free options - I didn't bother searching extensively)

...This is because I have already implemented the procedure for arrowchat to be installed... I am paying for it...

I just need Mousey or VT... to not be so busy...

MMMHHH.... I don't need unfounded, uninformed allegations concerning myself... It makes me "grumpy" with the member concerned.....

BerryTogart
11-28-2017, 12:50 PM
...This is because I have already implemented the procedure for arrowchat to be installed... I am paying for it...

I just need Mousey or VT... to not be so busy...

Man of my word - I'll throw in $10 if you give me a paypal info or similar, good choice to finally kick flash out of ng.com

As for getting grumpy: How should I NOT think that you back flash when you propose that members turn on flash in their browsers and the only way to learn that you want arrow chat is joining flashchat? ;)
(if I missed it on the forums I expect xsq to hit me with the S E A R C H F U N C T I O N hammer)

So all in all to be completely clear: I applaud you for picking arrowchat but don't see how I could have known that

Rot
11-28-2017, 12:56 PM
Man of my word - I'll throw in $10 if you give me a paypal info or similar, good choice to finally kick flash out of ng.com

As for getting grumpy: How should I NOT think that you back flash when you propose that members turn on flash in their browsers and the only way to learn that you want arrow chat is joining flashchat? ;)
(if I missed it on the forums I expect xsq to hit me with the S E A R C H F U N C T I O N hammer)

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?272396-WHO-killed-Flashchat&p=4235284&viewfull=1#post4235284

BerryTogart
11-28-2017, 01:57 PM
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?272396-WHO-killed-Flashchat&p=4235284&viewfull=1#post4235284

Ok - you said it on the forums. My apologies. (is that a world first on ng.com?)

oliverclaude
11-28-2017, 03:27 PM
My apologies. (is that a world first on ng.com?)

Don't flatter yourself, "man of your word".

Worse than that, my post turned out to be rude indeed... my apologies to madman.

lachlan
11-29-2017, 02:16 AM
Don't flatter yourself, "man of your word".

Those troublesome Austrians Ollie, always stirring up trouble.

oliverclaude
11-29-2017, 11:44 AM
Those troublesome Austrians Ollie, always stirring up trouble.

Yeah, Berry is like me. We both think we're funny. But... we're not. And that's about the only funny thing about it.

Rot
11-29-2017, 11:50 AM
Yeah, Berry is like me. We both think we're funny. But... we're not. And that's about the only funny thing about it.

^This... Tak is the only thing stopping me from beating the fuck out of you...

xROTx

oliverclaude
11-29-2017, 12:36 PM
Thank you for your honesty, Rot. Thanks for providing me another chance, Tak.

neosd
12-01-2017, 08:41 AM
mould is in surface texture processing now

countdown starts :)

xterc
12-01-2017, 08:54 AM
Awesome! Look forward to the reveal!

R3dRuM
12-01-2017, 08:59 AM

Come on guys, my christmas gift list isn't ready yet because of you and I'm running out of time!! :D :D

wingzrow
12-01-2017, 12:09 PM
Can't wait to buy my ROT bobble head.

BerryTogart
12-01-2017, 12:51 PM
Looking forward to the reveal and to Arrowchat which was revealed an additional time in the reveal thread.

lachlan
12-01-2017, 05:09 PM
Can't wait to buy my naked ROT bobble head.

fixed.

pixeljunkie
12-04-2017, 08:53 AM

What's the countdown at?

Rot
12-04-2017, 08:56 AM
What's the countdown at?

I think Neosd said about Wednesday... but hey... it's his project man...

Upto him:D

xROTx

neosd
12-04-2017, 12:23 PM
I think Neosd said about Wednesday... but hey... it's his project man...

Upto him:D

xROTx

Yes, about half of this week, we donīt have an exact day

fille1976
12-04-2017, 01:14 PM
nice week,can't wait to order:D

Rot
12-04-2017, 01:41 PM
nice week,can't wait to order:D

Neosd has put Belgium on the "Not to allow orders" list... Sorry...

xROTx

Fygee
12-04-2017, 02:01 PM

legolas119
12-06-2017, 02:13 AM
hi guys, the reveal will be done in this topic? And will it be today or tomorrow probably?

thanks!

Rot
12-06-2017, 03:36 AM
hi guys, the reveal will be done in this topic? And will it be today or tomorrow probably?

thanks!

Soon... soon my impatient European...

xROTx

neosd
12-06-2017, 07:30 AM

thanks!

We want to make the anouncement tomorrow, but we are still working on the anouncement.

So we canīt confirm it until everything is sorted.

Thanks

Niko
12-06-2017, 10:17 AM
We want to make the anouncement tomorrow, but we are still working on the anouncement.

So we canīt confirm it until everything is sorted.

Thanks

What!?!? One more day!? UNACCEPTABLE!

I've waited my entire life to possibly purchase this mystery item which may or may not interest me.

I demand to know now. :)

neosd
12-06-2017, 10:23 AM
What!?!? One more day!? UNACCEPTABLE!

I've waited my entire life to possibly purchase this mystery item which may or may not interest me.

I demand to know now. :)

i just hope you guys like it, canīt wait to see the reaction.

Rot
12-06-2017, 10:26 AM

I still have no idea what it is... I have videos... pictures... and Neosd trying to explain to me what it does...

Pfft...

xROTx

PS. I usually ignore what Neosd says in chat anyway... I find I can live without the N'sync and Spice Girl youtube videos he posts...:keke:

GohanX
12-06-2017, 10:35 AM

I think I'm looking forward to this more than the actual product itself.

Morden
12-06-2017, 10:37 AM
I still have no idea what it is... I have videos... pictures... and Neosd trying to explain to me what it does...

It's a onanhole with teeth to simulate the full vagina dentata experience. What's there not to get?

I find I can live without the N'sync and Spice Girl youtube videos he posts...:keke:

NeoSD doesn't know how oldschool you are. It's still all about the New Kids on the Block for you. We get it.

neosd
12-06-2017, 10:45 AM
It's a onanhole with teeth to simulate the full vagina dentata experience. What's there not to get?

this is far better than anything we would have thought about for a product ...

i have no words, RESCEPT !

fille1976
12-06-2017, 10:50 AM
Neosd has put Belgium on the "Not to allow orders" list... Sorry...

xROTx

Hahaha rot,probably i have serial nr1.

greatfunky
12-06-2017, 11:22 AM
this is far better than anything we would have thought about for a product ...

i have no words, RESCEPT !

Hmmm , i hope it's nothing with a darksoft's technology inside , because this is what you get when you mix Polish and Spanish technology

https://whatifsydenham.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/la-tienda-what-if-new1.gif

Tripredacus
12-06-2017, 11:42 AM
I hope this new product has micro transactions.

neosd
12-06-2017, 12:39 PM
Hmmm , i hope it's nothing with a darksoft's technology inside , because this is what you get when you mix Polish and Spanish technology

Actually we were going to use his special "sd reading code" we stolen from them using black magic. But at last minute we decided to use the manufacturers free of charge sd reading code that the rest of the world uses.

greedostick
12-06-2017, 12:46 PM
I hope this new product has micro transactions.

And DLC, and or season pass.

neosd
12-06-2017, 12:48 PM
And DLC, and or season pass.

the product itself is a loot box

gum_drops
12-06-2017, 06:53 PM
A suicide battery would be awesome, please add to all future projects.

greedostick
12-06-2017, 07:08 PM
A suicide battery would be awesome, please add to all future projects.

Adding DRM would probably be a good move as well. We need more DRM laden products.

lachlan
12-07-2017, 12:32 AM
Adding DRM would probably be a good move as well. We need more DRM laden products.

I agree, Wouldn't mind seeing a weekly subscription fee too.

greedostick
12-07-2017, 02:07 AM
I agree, Wouldn't mind seeing a weekly subscription fee too.

A capped data package would be nice as well. I would like to pay extra the more I use the device.

neosd
12-07-2017, 02:11 AM
You guys know how to make a company happy

Drm, suicide battery, subscription fee.

All good things

legolas119
12-07-2017, 02:27 AM
but...today is THE DAY? :D

neosd
12-07-2017, 02:42 AM
but...today is THE DAY? :D

I hope so, we still have to add it to the webshop.

It will be at the evening btw.

Rot
12-07-2017, 02:47 AM

ANYONE coming into chat today.... I will "reveal"...

xROTx

PS. PUNCHLINE: ...My buttcheeks...

lachlan
12-07-2017, 02:51 AM

Can we have a payment system implemented so only those who pay the fee to get to the webshop can order?

I'd also like to suggest a payment plan for using an SD card in the next project, 4 small payments of $9.99 each month for SD card access.

neosd
12-07-2017, 02:56 AM
Can we have a payment system implemented so only those who pay the fee to get to the webshop can order?

I'd also like to suggest a payment plan for using an SD card in the next project, 4 small payments of $9.99 each month for SD card access.

that sounds totally cool, do you work at EA ?
Brilliant way to benefit customers

legolas119
12-07-2017, 03:20 AM

thank you!

Rot
12-07-2017, 09:18 AM
Neosd just whatsapped me... The announcement is delayed until April 1st 2018....

He is taking a Sabbatical at a Monastery for his sins against Jebus...

xROTx

PS. Sorry for any inconvenience caused:(

ginoscope
12-07-2017, 09:32 AM
This thread has been so awesome to follow. I am so proud of myself that I have resisted going into chat and spoiling the news.

I honestly have no idea what it could be but no doubt it will be a must buy. My guess is an FPGA neo geo clone!

legolas119
12-07-2017, 09:42 AM
Neosd just whatsapped me... The announcement is delayed until April 1st 2018....

He is taking a Sabbatical at a Monastery for his sins against Jebus...

xROTx

PS. Sorry for any inconvenience caused:(

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

pixeljunkie
12-07-2017, 09:43 AM
My guess is an FPGA neo geo clone!

that would shake things up

CatBoy
12-07-2017, 09:45 AM
Pretty sure it's Neo Geo amiibos... with suicide batteries...

dkarDaGobert
12-07-2017, 09:56 AM
i heard you have to post into an "interest"-thread if you want to pre-order the new item.

Slugger
12-07-2017, 12:27 PM
Itīs coming folks! Saw a price but no product description on neosdstore. Not there anymore.

greatfunky
12-07-2017, 12:42 PM
soon....

Razoola
12-07-2017, 12:56 PM
ohh, I see what it is :)

Razoola
12-07-2017, 01:06 PM
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?273291-Terraonion-New-Product-Super-SD-System-3

SirRockALot
12-07-2017, 01:22 PM
I bought a Turbo EverDrive *today*. Well, fuck me.

EDIT:

Few questions for mr neosd:

- Can this also output csync instead of sync-on-composite?
- Does it come with a companion HuCard or can you 'boot' from the expansion port?
- I assume any existing internal RGB mod (tapping RGB from the expansion connector) would have to be removed for this to work?

Razoola
12-07-2017, 01:39 PM
I think your best off asking that in the new thread.

SirRockALot
12-07-2017, 01:48 PM
Sorry about that, reposted there. Please just delete :/

legolas119
12-07-2017, 01:51 PM
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?273291-Terraonion-New-Product-Super-SD-System-3

oh my god, I want it!

pva
12-08-2017, 03:15 PM
I don't want to derail the SD System 3 announcement thread, so I'm continuing the discussion here.

I am really, really hoping that you are also Sega Saturn fans! Anyway, great job on the PC Engine SD system. Looks awesome. I will definately pick one up.

Should you ever come up with an ODE for the Sega Saturn, I'd be all over it like a particularly bad rash. With the odds of actually being able to buy a Rhea/Phoebe being as good as those of winning the lottery, and the development of the Satiator being currently on pause (https://www.patreon.com/posts/pause-14086660), a NeoSD-quality ODE for the Saturn would be a very welcome product indeed!

Bonus points would be awarded for supporting both 20- and 21-pin Saturns as well as high-capacity (> 32GB) SD cards.

greedostick
12-08-2017, 03:52 PM
I don't want to derail the SD System 3 announcement thread, so I'm continuing the discussion here.

Should you ever come up with an ODE for the Sega Saturn, I'd be all over it like a particularly bad rash. With the odds of actually being able to buy a Rhea/Phoebe being as good as those of winning the lottery, and the development of the Satiator being currently on pause (https://www.patreon.com/posts/pause-14086660), a NeoSD-quality ODE for the Saturn would be a very welcome product indeed!

Bonus points would be awarded for supporting both 20- and 21-pin Saturns as well as high-capacity (> 32GB) SD cards.

That guy cracked the hardware already. I think years ago. Everyone is saying he will be releasing a product, but I don't think that's ever happening. He already has a working prototype. NeoSD should reach out to that guy and make a ln agreement to cut him in on the profit for all the work he did, and neo sd will make the product a reality.

lachlan
12-08-2017, 07:29 PM
Things like ODE's are pretty cost effective too, no shells or fancy packaging required just an anti static bag and a parcel for postage. Pretty much all the ODE type devices like the Rhea/Phoebe/GDEMU/USB-GDROM etc are all hard to get your hands on for some dumbass reason.

Kid Panda
12-08-2017, 08:37 PM
Things like ODE's are pretty cost effective too, no shells or fancy packaging required just an anti static bag and a parcel for postage. Pretty much all the ODE type devices like the Rhea/Phoebe/GDEMU/USB-GDROM etc are all hard to get your hands on for some dumbass reason.

It's because he's hand making each one. Is so protective as to not let it be bootlegged.

lachlan
12-08-2017, 08:39 PM
It's because he's hand making each one. Is so protective as to not let it be bootlegged.

I'd almost rather it was at this point.

fenikso
12-09-2017, 12:24 PM
Ok, now that we know what the current project is, it's time to start speculating/wishing about the next one.

I want a Super Gameboy style cartridge for the Genesis/Mega Drive that plays Game Gear games.

Another device that plugs into the side of the console and replaces the entire CD unit (preferable without requiring its own fucking PSU). Someone may have already mentioned something along those lines earlier in the thread. It gets a thumbs up from me.

aoiddr
12-09-2017, 12:51 PM
Another device that plugs into the side of the console and replaces the entire CD unit (preferable without requiring its own fucking PSU). Someone may have already mentioned something along those lines earlier in the thread. It gets a thumbs up from me.

I'd go so far as to say that it should plug into the side, but not take up a lot of space. While something like the Genesis/Mega Drive could sit on like the SegaCD1 sounds cool, a PS-IO-like device that stands up vertical would probably be the most compatible. And hey, if such a device could double as a 32X to allow SEGA CD 32X games to be played without a 32X plugged in, all the better.

Rot
12-09-2017, 01:06 PM
I'd go so far as to say that it should plug into the side, but not take up a lot of space. While something like the Genesis/Mega Drive could sit on like the SegaCD1 sounds cool, a PS-IO-like device that stands up vertical would probably be the most compatible. And hey, if such a device could double as a 32X to allow SEGA CD 32X games to be played without a 32X plugged in, all the better.

I'd so go far as to tell you to suck a dick...

Fuck off and keep below my radar...

PS. I don't care about your posts and feedback... I will merge your fucking account with Dion...

EDIT. Infact.... no market privileges... no PM privileges... improve your feedback now...

ESTRA EDIT. You may reverse the decision.. in Chat ONLY... that's the score...

neosd
12-09-2017, 01:12 PM
2018 is going to be a great year ;)

Rot
12-09-2017, 01:14 PM

Not for some of our userbase Alex pal...

It's time they started realising... membership here is a privilege... not a fucking right...

xROTx

pixeljunkie
12-09-2017, 01:17 PM

Very excited to see what else you guys have up your sleeves!

Not for some of our userbase Alex pal...

It's time they started realising... membership here is a privilege... not a fucking right...

xROTx

This

greedostick
12-09-2017, 04:24 PM
Very excited to see what else you guys have up your sleeves!

This

My guess is a saturn or ps1 solution that you dont have to wait in line an entire year for, and that isn't a pain in the ass to load roms on to.

RAZO
12-09-2017, 06:42 PM
TerraOnion has really impressed me so far. These guys aren't fucking around and they are up for a challenge. Releasing the 1st Neo Geo Flash Cart and now with the PCE Super SD System, these guys are breaking barriers. I don't think there is anything these guys can't do. I'm glad they are part of this community. Can't wait for the their next project.

lachlan
12-10-2017, 01:27 AM
TerraOnion has really impressed me so far. These guys aren't fucking around and they are up for a challenge. Releasing the 1st Neo Geo Flash Cart and now with the PCE Super SD System, these guys are breaking barriers. I don't think there is anything these guys can't do. I'm glad they are part of this community. Can't wait for the their next project.

110%

pva
12-10-2017, 07:36 AM

On second thought, make that support for USB drives (like the Satiator). Large SD cards cost a bundle.

todosnk
12-11-2017, 03:04 PM
i would only pay for a samurai rpg aes cart.
dont care if the world ends after ive seen that

RevQuixo
12-11-2017, 03:20 PM
So if we are talking ODEs and early gen systems we have the following:

Sega CD: No current solution
Amiga CD32: whdload pretty much covers it..pretty active hobbyist scene around the Amiga, probably not much popular traction
PS1: PSX-IO: hard to get, only works on certain models, not true plug and play
Saturn: Rhea/Phoebe - hard to get, Satiator - still vaporware
Jag CD - There is a Jag SD cart that is currently working on adding CD support, probably not needed or really mainstream enough
Dreamcast - GDEmu - hard to get, Russian USB loader - harder to get
3DO: there is that Russian USB solution but it is harder to get then the Rhea/Phoebe/GDemu
CDI, PC-FX, Pippin, Playdia - limited marketability.

An elegant Sega CD solution would probably be the most novel. Better Saturn, Dreamcast, PSX Options would probably sell very well.

I tell you what though...this is a great time to be a retrogamer with whatever comes next.

haightc
12-11-2017, 05:37 PM
Some ideas for future projects.

1. I would tend to agree it would be nice to have another option for Saturns. I have a few games I play that make use of the MPEG cart, so I would prefer to not give that up. I would by an Rhea or Phoebe if I could get my hands on it but I have two Saturns that play games just fine. What doesn't work is the cartridge slot, actually this is a much more common problem. Both my Saturns are Japanese models which I'll now how to region mode to play US games. No backup cartridges for me, better hope the coin cell battery doesn't go bad. Fortunately I picked up a Saturn floppy drive, so I won't loose all my saves if the power goes out. Sadly though I am stuck when it come to playing games that require RAM carts, no Vampire Savior for me. So something that can manage saves better and emulate carts would be awesome!

2. NeoGeo Pocket dumper, Saint has made a pretty awesome flash cart. It's been great to play those titles that I missed or are super rare. The NGPC save to the carts, so I would love to be able to transfer all the original carts to an SD and retain their save. Unfortunately the devices that dumped NGP carts have disappeared from the market. Given the popularity of this new flash cart there maybe a market for an updated dumper. <--- edit, appears Tototek is offering a NGPC dumper again

3. WonderSwanSD, probably not much of market for this. I've asked Flavor about his flashcart, but they are focused on their new products so revisiting the wonderswan cart would likely be a longways off. I have a WSC that pretty won't get used until a flash cart comes around again.

4. CD-I, I feel like this is actually a underappreciated system. CD-I has some significant hardware variations which would make it hard to produce. It would also likely need to emulate the digital video cartridge. Sadly probably no market for this, fortunately my CDi still runs like a champ.

5. Atari 7800, this one has been attempted a couple times. While the 7800 is relatively simple, previous developers had issues with different hardware revisions to make it a reality. Both developers are very talented but maybe this is something that could be tackled by a team. It seems other Atari flash carts have been successful. I realize the 7800 has probably the smallest fan base of all the Atari video game systems.

6. NeoGeo CD, the pocket and CD are actually my favorite NeoGeo consoles. I understand Furtek is trying to work on one, but it's still early stages and based on his twitter feed he working a a million things. Having an ODE for this system would be great as load times are the most common complaint. I don't think it's a bad as people say, but I imagine it's a turnoff for people used to the AES.

I am looking forward to your new PCE system, feature set looks great. One thing it might be nice to see in the future is save states support. Many PCE games only have password "saves". I really enjoy the PCE library but it feels like all to often I don't get to sit down and really play them. Even if I do, I frequently called away. Having a save state would be a real time saver and nice convenience feature. I'm still buying the new PCESD system, but it would a a nice to have!

A totally crazy thought, it would be super awesome if could play LaserActive titles. I imagine this is beyond the hardware capability, maybe some kind of MPEG add-on down the road? I remember it was super fun to play this when it was on display at incredible universe. No emulator that I know of can currently emulate laseractive titles, probably cause ROMs doesn't really exist. There is a project trying to archive them but I doubt anything will come of it for us consumers. I mostly recall playing Hyperion but Manhattan Requiem is definitely on my wish list. I really enjoy the JB Harold series but few titles where released in English despite being a game that is based in America.

Tw3ek
12-11-2017, 05:47 PM
4. CD-I, I feel like this is actually a underappreciated system. CD-I has some significant hardware variations which would make it hard to produce. It would also likley need to emulate the digital video cartridge.

https://jrlburke.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/could-should.jpg

donluca
12-12-2017, 05:26 AM
Just my two cents, but I hope they'll release some more arcade stuff. It's clear that the console market is way more profitable, but I'd still love to see a proper CPS2 and CPS1 multi.

Also, a Sega 32x + CD would be awesome.

greedostick
12-12-2017, 11:06 AM
You are all wrong. There is one heavyweight contender yet to be mentioned. The obvious next choice is the Hyperscan.

fenikso
12-16-2017, 04:17 PM
I know these guys are all about flash carts, but there are a few other areas that are being underserved:

New quality replacement controllers for PCE. Looking into buying some cheap pads for the PCE off of eBay, I was thrown by how expensive even cheap junk controllers are. If I'm going to be spending that kind of money, I'd like something new. Maybe a Saturn style six-button pad for 50ish dollars? I'd be down for two.

A new replacement screen for NGPC. Something completely to spec, resolution wise, but with the added benefit of backlighting.

mistahsnart
12-17-2017, 10:15 AM
I'm sure the TerraOnion team is already planning their next amazing product, so I don't feel the need to tell them what they should make. But I wanted to post in here about how awesome their team is:

They just helped me out with a problem accessing the downloads page for my NeoSD. On a Sunday. At 5:00 PM in Spain.

Sorry for the gushing: but this is the kind of exceptional customer service that deserves to be shared.

3rdStrikeMike
12-19-2017, 10:17 AM
2018 is going to be amazing! This announcement was a dream come true and I am ultra pumped for what else TerraOnion has in the works. I'm just hoping at least one arcade product makes it in there. No matter what I'm sure they'll knock it out of the park :)

RAZO
12-19-2017, 11:30 AM
My top pick for New Product is a Cps1 multi that wouldn't require a A board but if it did, so be it. Beggars can't be choosers.

Another CPS2 multi option all in one that doesn't require a A board would be cool as well. Just something all in one.

We mentioned a Sega CD device that would run Sega Cd's without the need for a Sega CD unit. That would be cool.

A plug in device that runs Sega Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast games. If possible, that would be neat.

These are probably the only things I would be interested in but the Cps1 multi would be king in my book.

Whatever TerraOnion releases, I'm sure it will be great.

donluca
12-19-2017, 01:12 PM
I'm curious about what's next.

It's clear that the console market is waaaaay more profitable than the arcade one. Still, there are many key products missing in the arcade world which would be awesome to have.

My hopes is that Terraonion will release a console product to make good profit and then invest in an arcade one.

CPS1 would be my main choice as of now, way too many good games on that platform.

Of course, a CPS1/CPS2 all-in-one multi cart would be absolutely bonkers and would probably outsell even the NeoSD giving how many iconic titles those platforms have (including CPS1.5 since it's a stepping in between CPS1 and 2).

About consoles... yesterday I was looking at the PSIO project and it got me really excited, except that I discovered that, for some reason, the XA streams get resampled in the process which ends up yielding not accurate audio.
I'd really love to see a Playstation 1 multi done right, the Terraonion way.

fenikso
12-19-2017, 01:28 PM
Yeah, a drive replacement, or even something that plugs into the I/O port for PS from these guys would be an instant buy. I've got, like, five or six PlayStations, and would happily turn one into rom machine.

RevQuixo
12-19-2017, 02:12 PM
The next logical device is for the PC-FX...right?

Who's with me?

*crickets*

Syn
12-19-2017, 02:28 PM
NeoSD's first two products were in untapped markets so a Mega CD device makes sense.

PS, DC and Saturn drive replacements have alternatives so it's less attractive on the business side.

ShootTheCore
12-19-2017, 03:36 PM
The next logical device is for the PC-FX...right?

Who's with me?

*crickets*

I’m with you! I’d love a PC-FX ODE. We may be the only two customers however...

Kid Panda
12-19-2017, 03:46 PM
I'm curious about what's next.

It's clear that the console market is waaaaay more profitable than the arcade one. Still, there are many key products missing in the arcade world which would be awesome to have.

My hopes is that Terraonion will release a console product to make good profit and then invest in an arcade one.

CPS1 would be my main choice as of now, way too many good games on that platform.

Of course, a CPS1/CPS2 all-in-one multi cart would be absolutely bonkers and would probably outsell even the NeoSD giving how many iconic titles those platforms have (including CPS1.5 since it's a stepping in between CPS1 and 2).

About consoles... yesterday I was looking at the PSIO project and it got me really excited, except that I discovered that, for some reason, the XA streams get resampled in the process which ends up yielding not accurate audio.
I'd really love to see a Playstation 1 multi done right, the Terraonion way.

From what I understand, CPS1 games won't run properly on a CPS2 due to some hardware missing.

Rot
12-19-2017, 03:53 PM
From what I understand, CPS1 games won't run properly on a CPS2 due to some hardware missing.

I asked Raz about it... he suggests it's possible but difficult...

But the real question.... is it profitable enough to consider?

xROTx

donluca
12-19-2017, 05:03 PM
I admit I'm the least informed on this, so I can only speak from an arcade fan/enthusiast prospective.

Neo Geo might have one of the most memorable library of games of all time.
Just think of Metal Slug, Samurai Shodown, Puzzle Bobble and King of Fighters. The latter even have new installments on current hardware architectures (PC, PS4) while the others have truckloads of remake, due to their sheer quality, replay value and, last but not least, nostalgia factor. They have a place in pop culture, I think everyone who ever set their foot in an arcade knows what Metal Slug is.
So I'm not that amazed at how big the community is and the request it had for a flash cart (which we now have, thanks to NeoSD).

On the other side, we have Capcom, which is a giant still today with IPs like Street Fighter still going strong and has its roots in the arcade hardware back in the late 80s and early 90s onwards.
If you ask anyone about Street Fighter, you have a very high chance he knows what it's about.
Not just that, take a look at the game catalog on CPS1, 1.5 and 2:

http://system16.com/hardware.php?id=793 (CPS1)
http://system16.com/hardware.php?id=794 (CPS1.5)
http://system16.com/hardware.php?id=795 (CPS2)

1941 series
Final Fight
Ghouls'n'Ghosts
Street Fighter series (plus all the various crossovers and marvel fighters)
Cadillacs and Dinosaurs
The Punisher

These, just to name a few of the most iconic games ever made.

IMHO, a CPS1+1.5+2 multicart would sell really well, without mentioning the possibility of an FPGA based motherboard with modern outputs like HDMI (or, to avoid royalties, DVI, you can buy a cheap DVI-HDMI adapter on amazon for a few bucks) which would enable literally EVERYONE to play those classic on their modern sets, which means it would sell like hot cakes even to those who never gave a shit about arcade hardware, just to play the classics on their TV sets without any fuss.
This, in my opinion, would be a highly marketable (and desirable) product, aimed to both arcade enthusiasts and the average joe who wants to play those old games without the mess that is MAME and emulators.

EDIT: just to make it clear... I'm not asking for a CPS2 multicart which is able to play CPS1 games.
I'm saying... just make a single multicart with the connectors to use it on either a CPS1 or CPS2 motherboard, so that you don't have to buy separate multis. You put the multi on a CPS1, you play CPS1 games. You put it on a CPS2, you play CPS2 (maybe CPS1.5?) games, instead of making two separate carts.

joala
12-20-2017, 04:01 AM
NeoSD's first two products were in untapped markets so a Mega CD device makes sense.

I think this would get a lot of interest.

darkndnet
12-21-2017, 05:07 AM
Saturn, PSX, Dreamcast, I think that would be great that would have a good (and serious) seller with this...they are needed, and seeing the quality of Terraoinion they would be awesome!

beecee
12-21-2017, 09:40 AM
Saturn, PSX, Dreamcast, I think that would be great that would have a good (and serious) seller with this...they are needed, and seeing the quality of Terraoinion they would be awesome!

The DC has the GDemu drive replacement unit and IDE mods, Saturn has the RHEA and PHOEBE drive replacement system.

I had the IDE modded DC and it was perfect, run the games flawlessly.

I am waiting on my PSIO being delivered, and that seems to be pretty good, and is getting updated firmware to get better compatibility and features.

The SEGA CD one will be great, but would need to have extra hardware as the Sega CD added extra processors for sprite scaling etc.

gameofyou
12-21-2017, 04:30 PM
It is true that Saturn has the RHEA and PHOEBE drive replacement system. But they are impossible to get, and the better solution, IMO, is to use the Saturn’s mpeg slot. 99.9% of people who own a Saturn are not using this slot for anything, and you would still be able to use the cd drive if you wanted to.

I know that someone else (dr abrasive) is already working on this, but there was also someone else working on a Neo Geo flash cart. And that didn’t stop NEOSD from coming out with a kick-ass product.

donluca
12-21-2017, 04:38 PM
^ This.

I really respect NeoSD way of doing things.

They don't just put a product out, they do extensive research because stuff has to work the proper way. This means no shortcuts or hacks, shit has to work the same way it works on original hardware.

I really, really like this approach and hope they'll come up with many more devices, even if some of those already exist.

I'll gladly take a DC/Sat/PSX flashcart.

darkndnet
12-22-2017, 02:44 AM
The DC has the GDemu drive replacement unit and IDE mods, Saturn has the RHEA and PHOEBE drive replacement system.

I had the IDE modded DC and it was perfect, run the games flawlessly.

I am waiting on my PSIO being delivered, and that seems to be pretty good, and is getting updated firmware to get better compatibility and features.

The SEGA CD one will be great, but would need to have extra hardware as the Sega CD added extra processors for sprite scaling etc.

I tried to buy GDemu for Dreamcast and RHEA/PHOEBE for Saturn with no luck (always with no stock), I think that with more "competitors" the consumers we will would win, more stock maybe...

I agree with SEGA CD, will be great...in general all CD emulators all welcome

mistahsnart
12-22-2017, 09:32 AM
A lot of votes for the Sega CD. I'd love to see it too, but there's a lot more going on with it than just being an ODE. You've got a whole other 68000, a separate sound chip, etc... Not saying Terraonion isn't up to the challenge if they wanted to, just that it's more than a "standard" ODE. But hey: NeoGeo flash carts were 'impossible' at one point too. :smirk:

Gyrian
12-22-2017, 09:42 AM
Although, let's say you had a FPGA implementation of a 68000. All kind of interesting doors might open.

mistahsnart
12-22-2017, 09:57 AM
Although, let's say you had a FPGA implementation of a 68000. All kind of interesting doors might open.
Absolutely. Been done by more than a few people. There are even a couple of open source ones out there.

Like I said: not impossible by any stretch, just that people shouldn't group it in with the generic ODE concept.

Gyrian
12-22-2017, 10:27 AM
I should've clarified: the TerraOnion team strike me as a do it themselves kind of shop. They've accumulated some great tech after their first two products, which have already opened all kinds of interesting possibilities. Having a 68000 would add even more. I agree with you, the Sega CD isn't one to underestimate, there's a lot of hardware inside that device. Much more complex than the PCE CD setup.

Yodd
12-22-2017, 10:36 AM
While a Sega CD ODE would be a neat concept, are there really enough games on that platform to justify the expense necessary to develop it?

RevQuixo
12-22-2017, 10:39 AM
While a Sega CD ODE would be a neat concept, are there really enough games on that platform to justify the expense necessary to develop it?

Yes. Next question.

mistahsnart
12-22-2017, 11:26 AM
IMO, the Working Designs published games alone make it worth it. That's not even getting into stuff like Snatcher, Earthworm Jim SE, or the shmup library.

Syn
12-22-2017, 12:01 PM

I just looked at a list and there's over 80 I'd be interested in. So you may be right. (Not sarcasm, if there were 100+ different story )

ShootTheCore
12-22-2017, 12:03 PM
The Sega CD has a bad rep because of the FMV games, but it actually has solid, unique games covering almost every 16 bit genre. Yes, some of them are Genesis ports, but the ports are "definitive" versions with more animation, more levels, animated cut scenes and CD audio. All of these Sega CD games are worthwhile:

JRPG
Lunar The Silver Star
Lunar 2 Eternal Blue
Vay

Strategy
Shining Force CD
Dark Wizard

Platform Action
Sonic CD
Popful Mail
Earthworm Jim
Out of this World 1 & 2
Flashback
Flink
Earnest Evans
The Terminator
Demolition Man

Shmup
Android Assault
Lords of Thunder
Keio Flying Squadron
Robo Aleste
Soul Star
Silpheed
Starblade

Mech Combat
Battle Corps

One-on-one Fighting
Eternal Champions
Fatal Fury Special
Samurai Shodown

Beat-em-up
Anett Futatabi
Final Fight
Ninja Warriors

Graphic Adventure
Jurassic Park
Secret of Monkey Island
Snatcher
Rise of the Dragon
Willy Beamish

First-Person Dungeon Crawler
Eye of the Beholder
Dungeon Master 2

fenikso
12-22-2017, 01:58 PM
The Sega CD has a bad rep because of the FMV games, but it actually has solid, unique games covering almost every 16 bit genre. Yes, some of them are Genesis ports, but the ports are "definitive" versions with more animation, more levels, animated cut scenes and CD audio. All of these Sega CD games are worthwhile:

JRPG
Lunar The Silver Star
Lunar 2 Eternal Blue
Vay

Strategy
Shining Force CD
Dark Wizard

Platform Action
Sonic CD
Popful Mail
Earthworm Jim
Out of this World 1 & 2
Flashback
Flink
Earnest Evans
The Terminator
Demolition Man

Shmup
Android Assault
Lords of Thunder
Keio Flying Squadron
Robo Aleste
Soul Star
Silpheed
Starblade

Mech Combat
Battle Corps

One-on-one Fighting
Eternal Champions
Fatal Fury Special
Samurai Shodown

Beat-em-up
Anett Futatabi
Final Fight
Ninja Warriors

Graphic Adventure
Jurassic Park
Secret of Monkey Island
Snatcher
Rise of the Dragon
Willy Beamish

First-Person Dungeon Crawler
Eye of the Beholder
Dungeon Master 2

While that is a boss list you posted, a couple of those don't live up to the hype. Popful Mail was a huge dissappointment to me and SamSho can be played cheaper and better practically anywhere. Still more than enough on that list to justify a purchase for me.

mistahsnart
12-22-2017, 02:02 PM
Jurassic Park

I'm sorry, what? :scratch:

ShootTheCore
12-22-2017, 02:24 PM
I really enjoyed Popful Mail FWIW, and the Sega CD version is far superior to the PCEngine version-even though that version even uses the Arcade Card.

As for Jurassic Park Sega CD-it’s a completely different game from every other platform’s Jurassic Park game. It’s a first-person puzzle-driven graphic adventure. Try it with an FAQ-it’s pretty good.

mistahsnart
12-22-2017, 02:34 PM
As for Jurassic Park Sega CD- it's an atrocity. A hot fucking mess that's absolutely awful. Try it with an FAQ - it's shit.
:mr_t:

Anyway: whatever Terraonion is making next, I'm in.

sr20det510
12-22-2017, 04:53 PM
I really enjoyed Popful Mail FWIW, and the Sega CD version is far superior to the PCEngine version-even though that version even uses the Arcade Card.

As for Jurassic Park Sega CD-it’s a completely different game from every other platform’s Jurassic Park game. It’s a first-person puzzle-driven graphic adventure. Try it with an FAQ-it’s pretty good.

Jurassic Park was weak.
I'd rather play Willy Beamish, and that was better on PC.

DirkSwizzler
12-23-2017, 10:02 PM
Would it make sense to make a product that targets modders instead of directly targeting consumers?

I also would love ODE’s for segacd, CD-I, PC-FX, and GameCube (I know the GameCube can use the wii fusion boards, but those are hard to come by).

I accept that at least the first 3 probably have too small a target audience to make a direct product for. I’m pretty sure the CD-I and PC-FX would never be a simple plug and play device. And the segacd has other functionality to think about if it were plug and play.

So, what about something that is meant to replace just the laser and motors of any cdrom/gdrom/dvd drive. I’m assuming each system would require a bit of adaptation. But at the end of the day, if you can hook what region of the optical media the system is trying to be read (motor inputs) and feed those raw bits back to the console as though it came directly from the laser. Then you have a generic ODE for the smaller markets.

I’m assuming you wouldn’t want to make adapters for all the different drive controllers on different systems. So what if you do 95% of the work to make the generic parts and sell them to small time modders that take on the work of adapter boards and installation.

The smaller markets get served without you having to serve them.

Just a thought. I’m sure your next products will be amazing and I wish you success and fortune.

Yodd
12-24-2017, 12:24 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing some nice wireless gamepads for the Sega Genesis/Megadrive and TG16/PCE

I know krikzz was working on one for the Megadrive, but I don't know where it stands.

And instead of reproducing whole controller shell/case and buttons, make it a drop in pcb for original controllers.

Sell receiver (for the console) + gamepad pcb.

8bitdo pretty much have the NES/SNES controller game locked down with great quality stuff, but no one is servicing Sega and NEC fans. And there a BUNCH of them out there.

GadgetUK
12-24-2017, 03:17 AM
Yeah, I agree with regards to Saturn and Dreamcast devices - they are hard to get as always out of stock. Maybe Terra Onion should do a deal with them, to manufacture and sell a product on their behalf? That way there's little R&D required, just maybe a board redesign, a licence agreement between them, and manufacture and sell. That way everyone wins, and a good supply from that point in time. The alternative is a competing product, but is it worth trying to compete there? I would certainly buy one for each of those systems - if they were ever in stock lol.

oliverclaude
12-24-2017, 03:58 AM
Yeah, I agree with regards to Saturn and Dreamcast devices - they are hard to get as always out of stock. Maybe Terra Onion should do a deal with them, to manufacture and sell a product on their behalf?

I should think, with a skilled team like they have, they don't need anyones behalf. A cooperation would be only justified, if they'd work on a consolized MAME ;).

neosd
12-24-2017, 04:31 AM
Hello,

Its being kinda complicated to decide 2019 products, cause our company has a lot of expenses so we need to sell more than neosd did.
I mean : Neosd did well for the price tag that it has, but we need to deliver cheaper products to reach more people, this is a fact.

We can make cheaper and faster products or we can make harder, longer and more expensive ones.

I think Super SD System 3 sales arround May 2018 will give us a hint about what we should do next.

Honestly, any idea is welcome cause we are considering anything for 2019

X68
12-24-2017, 04:33 AM
FPGA GB/GBC with original cart slot & decent backlit screen plz

fille1976
12-24-2017, 04:43 AM
For me dc or sega cd,but prefer sega cd first.
Or amiga cd32

DirkSwizzler
12-24-2017, 08:35 AM
For me dc or sega cd,but prefer sega cd first.
Or amiga cd32

There must be some detail I’m missing about Dreamcast. The mnemo usb-gdrom is an excellent device and I’ve had no trouble ordering from http://3do-renovation.ru/

fille1976
12-24-2017, 08:43 AM
i have gdemu for dreamcast,and mnemo,i don't buy from him,my own decission.

RevQuixo
12-24-2017, 08:49 AM
I'm always a little iffy about ordering goods from Russia and StoneAgeGamer has had some issues with mnemo, which also turns me off from going down that road.

DirkSwizzler
12-24-2017, 08:54 AM
Fair enough if people are wary. Anecdotally I’ve had no issues either of the 2 times I’ve bought from him.

fille1976
12-24-2017, 09:02 AM
I follow many forums and readed many threads about usbgdrom.
Its a good product,only the seller i have doubts by.
Neosd has exellent service and product support,so why i should buy from mnemo.
We will see whats next,gdemu works fantastic,no problems at all with it.
Hope neosd makes something in the coming years for psx-dc and scd.
Amiga cd32 and 3do is also welcome.
I have a psio for psx,but i'm so happy with the quality of neosd products that i don't want from others,they know what they do and have many knowlegd about everything.
Their goal is to make a top product.

Rot
12-24-2017, 09:10 AM
Fair enough if people are wary. Anecdotally I’ve had no issues either of the 2 times I’ve bought from him.

Heh... welcome back...

Nice to see your recent NG.com "experience"... hasn't deterred you...

xROTx

PS. Back on topic... the Arcade scene is good... but will NEVER be as strong as the console scene...

Specialist products like a CPS 1/2 Multi... will never outsell something like the current SD 3 PCE device... Just sayin' lads...

RevQuixo
12-24-2017, 09:22 AM
Heh... welcome back...

Nice to see your recent NG.com "experience"... hasn't deterred you...

xROTx

PS. Back on topic... the Arcade scene is good... but will NEVER be as strong as the console scene...

Specialist products like a CPS 1/2 Multi... will never outsell something like the current SD 3 PCE device... Just sayin' lads...

I dunno. Slap some controller ports and PSU on a cps1/2 multi and you have a “console” with a line-up that rivals a lot of other real systems.

Rot
12-24-2017, 09:30 AM
I dunno. Slap some controller ports and PSU on a cps1/2 multi and you have a “console” with a line-up that rivals a lot of other real systems.

OK OK... you can have that one:D

I agree... the CPS 1 and 2 markets are big... but i'm just sayin' that the console market always has a larger userbase...

I'm here on still one of the biggest and oldest gaming sites on the internet... and I KNOW a lot of our members have cab and jamma setups...

But in reality... we all know that the console market dwarfs the jamma base...

xROTx

Gyrian
12-24-2017, 09:44 AM
You could expand that reach, with the right product. The challenge is the relatively small pool of folks running CPS I & II systems on their cabs or superguns, so an accessory to improve their experiences is limiting. If the product was a complete system, in the vein of these FPGA consoles, it could be a completely different story. I suppose that describes all potential arcade products, though. It's much smoother to get volume by supporting the ocean of consoles already out there. At this point in TerraOnion's life, it probably makes most sense to leverage their know-how with something similar to the SD3 for another system. Something even more challenging, but in the same spirit (i.e. running laps around current solutions +++). With that said, I'd definitely love to see them try their hand at more arcade products. Might just be a challenge in need of some creativity. Who knows what else they might achieve?

mistahsnart
12-24-2017, 09:53 AM
From a commercially viable standpoint, there's a logical solution:

An FPGA Sega Genesis console. Plays carts and ROMS. Optionally: include Master System support.

Build up to scale, sell it at the magic $199 price point, and have a production pipeline in place to feed the demand. Get the word out on various gaming news outlets.

And make sure you beat Analogue Interactive to the punch.

RAZO
12-24-2017, 10:06 AM
OK OK... you can have that one:D

I agree... the CPS 1 and 2 markets are big... but i'm just sayin' that the console market always has a larger userbase...

I'm here on still one of the biggest and oldest gaming sites on the internet... and I KNOW a lot of our members have cab and jamma setups...

But in reality... we all know that the console market dwarfs the jamma base...

xROTx

I agree. As bad as I would love a CPS1 Multi or even another CPS2 Multi, a special Nintendo Device created by TerraOnion would probably outsell anything they created.

fille1976
12-24-2017, 10:09 AM
Why fpga genesis,i think the most have a genesis or megadrive,i only don't know if its possible to create something for sega cd,its probably not easy.
For genesis there is mega everdrive,but for the cd addon there is nothing.

Morden
12-24-2017, 10:26 AM
FPGA GB/GBC with original cart slot & decent backlit screen plz

Between the existing handheld emu machines and things like GB Boy Colour, I don't think there's a big enough market for this. Plus, there are rumors circulating about a GB Classic from Nintendo, which won't have a cart slot, but if it's real, it will most certainly be hacked to run ROMs.

From a commercially viable standpoint, there's a logical solution: An FPGA Sega Genesis console. Plays carts and ROMS. Optionally: include Master System support.

I don't think it would sell. Krikzz is offering three flash devices for the Megadrive alone, plus one for SMS. All of the MD carts support SMS games [X7 even has YM2413 emulation], and 32X games with the addon. Plus a bunch of features like cheat codes, snapshot saves for X7, CD BIOS and RAM ... That's hard to beat, and it runs on original hardware, which no matter the model, has RGB support.

What I would like to see is an ultimate SNES cartridge. SD2SNES is great, but lacks support for some important chips. There's obviously room for improvement. I have no idea what the marked for this would be. RetroUSB's PowerPak has been out for ages, and we have Super Everdrive and SD2SNES that have been out for quite some time. Not to mention other solutions, like Neo Flash.

RAZO
12-24-2017, 10:27 AM
Why fpga genesis,i think the most have a genesis or megadrive,i only don't know if its possible to create something for sega cd,its probably not easy.
For genesis there is mega everdrive,but for the cd addon there is nothing.

Don't Sleep on these guys. They've already created two unbelievable products that most thought could not be done. So at this point, I think anything is possible as long as they feel it's worth it.

The Super SD runs off the expansion port. The Sega Genesis has a similar expansion connector on the side. We Know the Sega Cd can be emulated on PC and we know that the Mega Everdrive can run different region bios from the cart itself. So Maybe a Combo Cart and Expansion Device that work together to run Sega Cd Roms. This is just some bullshit I'm making up as I go lol.

RAZO
12-24-2017, 10:36 AM
I don't think it would sell. Krikzz is offering three flash devices for the Megadrive alone, plus one for SMS. All of the MD carts support SMS games [X7 even has YM2413 emulation], and 32X games with the addon. Plus a bunch of features like cheat codes, snapshot saves for X7, CD BIOS and RAM ... That's hard to beat, and it runs on original hardware, which no matter the model, has RGB support.

One of the Biggest reasons people are buying the Super Sd is because of ISO Rom support. Yes, some people here who don't own a Turbo ED will also take advantage of playing Hu-Card Roms but if it wasn't for this people would just stick to a Everdrive and whatever CD Setup they have so I don't understand why you say it would not sell well.

Yes, the Mega Everdrive does great things but one thing it does not do is run CD's which is the reason why people are wanting a Sega Cd device.

RevQuixo
12-24-2017, 10:59 AM
I think the main issue with an FPGA MegaDrive/Genesis is that we almost definitely have Analogue coming out with their own solution for this (probably a year from now). They have the Super NT coming out in a couple of months and I'm sure they aren't going to stop with just that. I know kevtris indicates he hasn't worked on a genesis core yet, but it is only a matter of time before he does...and like the company or not, they can market and sell product.

I would imagine that their solution will leave the expansion port on the side to connect to a real Sega CD and use the 32X as kevtris indicated that FPGAing all of them together would be cost prohibitive.

RAZO
12-24-2017, 11:11 AM
I think the main issue with an FPGA MegaDrive/Genesis is that we almost definitely have Analogue coming out with their own solution for this (probably a year from now). They have the Super NT coming out in a couple of months and I'm sure they aren't going to stop with just that. I know kevtris indicates he hasn't worked on a genesis core yet, but it is only a matter of time before he does...and like the company or not, they can market and sell product.

I would imagine that their solution will leave the expansion port on the side to connect to a real Sega CD and use the 32X as kevtris indicated that FPGAing all of them together would be cost prohibitive.

Yea, I guess one could only dream. I just pictured NeoSd creating a Sega Cd emulation device that looks like the Model 1 Sega Cd that connects to the expansion port and go's underneath the Model 1 and lights up everytime the SD card is working, green and red leds. Fuck Me, That shit would look so bad ass. The Model 2 Genesis would look like Shit with it but who cares about the Model 2 anyways lol.

famicommander
12-24-2017, 11:17 AM

Yes. Even more so if they could integrate the 32X somehow, plus keep the flash cart features. Imagine being able to play the entire Genesis/Mega Drive, Master System, SEGA CD, and 32X libraries off one Genesis add-on.
https://o.aolcdn.com/images/dims?quality=100&image_uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.blogcdn.com%2Fwww.joyst iq.com%2Fmedia%2F2007%2F01%2Fgenesistower.jpg&client=cbc79c14efcebee57402&signature=f8d79c777339d26f65935af65358887065aa302e

This mess is just begging for a more elegant solution (and you can't even really use the 32X with the Power Base in the first place).

GadgetUK
12-24-2017, 11:27 AM
It's a difficult one to work out volume of expected sales vs cost of R&D and assembly / retail price etc.

There are simpler (well, I use the word simple in the loosest fashion since in practice it might not be so simple lol), but suggestions from me (and I have mentioned a few of these before) are:-

1) Sega CD Drive Solution
2) FPGA VIC-II replacement - outputting RGB.
3) PC Engine HDMI / DVI adapter - something inline that can use the VD bus etc to generate a better than RGB output.
4) C64 / Spectrum / smart joystick adapater. eg. on the C64, could connect to the keyboard connector internally, connects to the joystick ports too, has 2 neo standard 6 button stick ports, and allows the user to configure keyboard presses to additional buttons. could be simple to design, could be hard depending on whether its generic or different models for different systems. Could be popular though - I know its a pain the ass trying to hit space or some other keys to try and play games using a stick on the C64, Amiga, ST, Spectrum etc. I could do something like this easily with a PIC - might have a go for the C64 one day :P
5) Atomis Wave Multicart
6) CPS1 & CPS2 100% emulation device (could perhaps be extended via firmware updates to support other systems), OR some kind of ROM board that will allow the CPS1 or CPS2 to play all games of that platform.
7) An affordable scan doubler that outputs DVI or HDMI. I know there's the framemeister and OSSC etc, but they still feel like complex devices. We need something that can accept SCART, RGB, S-Video for all the different consoles that 'just works' with easy to use interface. Maybe the OSSC is that device, just looks a bit 'kit ish' to me, but maybe that's cost effective and I imagine accepting all sorts of video input variations a complex hurdle to overcome.
8) Amiga CD32 / CD emulator device to give an A1200 CD drive support (ISO etc in first instance), maybe later with Akiko support or whathever hardware the CD32 provided over the 1200 - but that's a complex bit of kit imo. Sales could be high though.
9) Generic optical drive (CD / DVD) emulator - could be utilized in all sorts of system, including in the first instance the Commodore A1200 / A600 - easy to just plug into the IDE chain and use an SD (like you've done with the PCE). Could also be used with any other IDE device that has a CD / DVD drive. Could be cheap to design, could be popular due to the generic-ness of the device.
10) Sega Saturn / Dreamcast / 3DO drive emulators. Some already available yes, but hard to buy as always low stock. 3DO would attract few sales, Saturn and Dreamcast would sell a lot I imagine if they were always stocked atm.
11) Neo CD Drive Solution - not sure very high demand there, but could be easy to implement, might be very similar to point 9 in that once an ATAPI drive exists, it might not take much to convert that to work with the Neo CD - maybe a change from ATAPI to whatever SNK went with on the Neo CD, but point 9 could lead to point 11 or vice versa.
12) There are also some possible easy wins that could help bring small amounts of regular cash into the company - ie. products that are open source, that could be just tweaked, manufactured and sold too. eg. RGB amp PCB, stereo sound amp PCB, PSU replacements - maybe even a generic PSU that has multiple cable options. People are always looking for new PSUs for all those old computers and consoles. Terrible Fire Amiga accelerators (anyone actually building and selling these - I am looking to buy one, maybe Ģ150 without an 030 on board? I bet cost of components is like Ģ60 or something. The chap over at Terrible Fire (You Tube) has already said people can build and sell them, just dont over charge etc. But no one to my knowledge is harnessing that as a possible way to make income and to help people wanting to just buy one ready assembled. Despite the fact the Vampire is faster and better, people also just want an 030 or 040 on their Amiga at reasonable price (even if the 68K is emulated), and Vampire is expensive, and the 50Mhz cards from Individual Computers are crazily expensive.
13) I think a MAME box might sell well if done properly, but there's the Pi, XBOX etc that competes with the general idea there - that's the problem with most FPGA 'system replacements' imho.
14) Re-seller / licensing for all the great projects that have low volume due to hobbyist type projects etc. examples might be Neo Geo ROM adapters (for boards without a DIP ROM), AES Save Carts (both from Turfmasta I think) - these might be always stocked these days - no idea, just remember that whenever I want something I am unlucky and missed a batch etc). Amiga ROM switchers, C64 ROM switchers, bwacks 5v 'saver', Dual SID boards, Master System FM board or something to add FM to Game Gear / Megadrive / Master System (Again often out of stock with people making these). NES / Famicom stereo audio kit, Spectrum +2 / +3 Stereo Audio Kit. The list goes on, and a lot of these are cheap to make, probably wouldnt sell for masses but volume of cheap low risk products that combine with all other product offerings could help keep things ticking over. Some products could compliment your range too - eg. MVS to AES adapter (Furtek or own design?), PSU for AES (9v and 5v models), AES AV leads, MVS Consolization Kit (eg. 5v PSU, controller ports, AV DIN and AV SCART cable, audio amp PCB, optional licensed unbios). There's a lot of scope there, but granted the last thing you want to end up doing is spending loads of time on too many low volume products.

Morden
12-24-2017, 11:30 AM
The Super SD runs off the expansion port. The Sega Genesis has a similar expansion connector on the side. We Know the Sega Cd can be emulated on PC and we know that the Mega Everdrive can run different region bios from the cart itself. So Maybe a Combo Cart and Expansion Device that work together to run Sega Cd Roms. This is just some bullshit I'm making up as I go lol.

This I would be interested in. A CD add-on replacement with as much added functionality as possible. You wouldn't even have to make a cartridge for this. Loading different BIOS files is meant for the original hardware as a means to overcome the region lock, but with a newly developed expansion module, region would not be a problem, as everything would be handled by the expansion module hardware.

I don't know enough about MD's architecture and the expansion port in particular, but looking at its pinout, it corresponds, in part, to the cartridge pinout. Maybe it could be used to run regular MD ROM images as well, eliminating the need for a flash device, which would make it similar to the PCE device.

And since we're throwing out wild ideas that won't ever become a reality, why not make a Super GameBoy 3, with GBC support? I'd buy that, for sure. Don't know if it's possible, but it would essentially have to be a FPGA GBC plugged into SNES. How cool would that be?

Atomis Wave Multicart

How many people from here would choose this over a Naomi flash device that would boot Atomiswave games?

Morden
12-24-2017, 11:42 AM

RevQuixo
12-24-2017, 11:46 AM
My top two are Sega CD and a CPS Multi. I'd also love a 3DO device, but the market on that is likely small and they might have to design more than one to accommodate the various models.

RAZO
12-24-2017, 11:56 AM
How many people from here would choose this over a Naomi flash device that would boot Atomiswave games?

I would, I hate the Sega Naomi Setup. Just too much going on. Prefer One Mobo and Cart that plugs in via Jamma. This is why I always stuck with the Dreamcast to play Naomi games. Plus, you got a bunch of people here still looking for Atomiswave Boots, so it would be interesting having a cart that plays all atomiswave games.

mistahsnart
12-24-2017, 12:46 PM
Only reason I said Sega Genesis is that from a 'what can we make that will have more mass market appeal', that's the one. If Analogue wasn't already out there with the Super NT, I'd say do a FPGA SNES.

For the majority of the market of 'retro', Nintendo and Sega = video games. That's why companies like Analogue are finding hits with devices like the Super NT. It's a product the market is clamoring for. The even more mainstream example of this is people paying ridiculous prices to own a NES or SNES Classic. Similar emulation systems like the Retron5 get a good chunk of buzz, and they sell plenty, even though the devices are crap. But the price tag is low enough that casual fans don't care.

Everyone on this forum takes this shit way more seriously than your average person, but we're 1% of a niche. There are a LOT more people out there willing to spend $150-$200 to play the handful of random Sega carts they own with native HDMI out.

Down side: we all know that Analogue will be setting their sights on the Genesis at some point. So there's a good chance for some incredibly stiff competition.

I'd love an ODE unit for any system we can name, or a flash device for CPSII that isn't made by you know who. But as NeoSD said: they're starting to look at a more mass-market price tag option. Anything that requires people take a screwdriver to their console reduces your market. Soldering drops it even further. GadgetUK had some great ideas in his post about quick wins.

End of the day, only reason I'm even giving my thoughts on this is because NeoSD asked. Otherwise, I'd never dream of giving unsolicited business advice to someone. That's just rude. :)

noir
12-24-2017, 09:17 PM
Hello,

Its being kinda complicated to decide 2019 products, cause our company has a lot of expenses so we need to sell more than neosd did.
I mean : Neosd did well for the price tag that it has, but we need to deliver cheaper products to reach more people, this is a fact.

We can make cheaper and faster products or we can make harder, longer and more expensive ones.

I think Super SD System 3 sales arround May 2018 will give us a hint about what we should do next.

If you go the route of cheaper & faster options, I'm curious if that opens up any opportunity for limited editions or otherwise more expensive versions of a product. Have the standard version for a price point that makes sense, then have some deluxe version that costs more. Maybe it's a limited color, or has some minor variation of functionality, but have the products be similar enough that they're only a trivial amount of extra effort to do.

Syn
12-24-2017, 09:27 PM
And a collector walks into the room.

fenikso
12-24-2017, 09:30 PM
Hello,

Might be time to dip your toe into the waters of peripherals. Yodd mentioned wireless controllers for PCE and Genesis/MegaDrive, I'd settle for Saturn style (wired) controllers for PCE/Turbo. I'd likely buy either. Quality PSUs for various oldschool consoles are always in demand, too.

Someone else mentioned fpga portables, seems like that's a fairly untapped market right now. Doen't know how cheap that would be to make, though.

noir
12-24-2017, 09:30 PM
And a collector walks into the room.

Meh. That kind of stuff isn't for me.

Syn
12-24-2017, 09:35 PM
Meh. That kind of stuff isn't for me.

I'm messing with you for the most part anyways.

Gamemaster
12-24-2017, 11:00 PM
I would love to see a CD Drive solution for the Dreamcast. I know there are some, but it seems the better ones are no longer produced.
The use of the working GD Rom for making images of the GDs would be also nice.

DirkSwizzler
12-25-2017, 05:58 AM
Might be time to dip your toe into the waters of peripherals. Yodd mentioned wireless controllers for PCE and Genesis/MegaDrive, I'd settle for Saturn style (wired) controllers for PCE/Turbo. I'd likely buy either.

It’s probably just me being weird. But I would love a good solution for cleaning up wired controller extensions. I’ve got something like 16 wired controller consoles in my setup and hate a few aspects about controller extensions:
1. The quality is really all over the spectrum. My nes extensions pause the game when jostled. And multi taps generally don’t work after being extended.
2. They take up a significant amount of storage space.
3. I always worry that someone is going to yank a console off the shelf by accident.

I would love it if someone made a box that I could plug into the various controller ports. At which point it uses a single type of cable to connect to a companion box near my couch. Allowing me to cleanly and permanently route the connection around the edge of the room. And then my controllers and multi taps hook up to the couch side companion box.

That way I’m only using 1 type of extension cable. Presumably of excellent quality. And only have people potentially yank the replaceable companion box.

If that product existed I would throw money at the screen.

mistahsnart
12-25-2017, 10:38 AM
That way I’m only using 1 type of extension cable. Presumably of excellent quality. And only have people potentially yank the replaceable companion box.
I think this is a pretty cool idea. I've done this with multi-console fight sticks before. Using cat5e and ethernet couplers to make 'universal' extentions.

You could have it work like those magnetic charging cables for phones and what not. Where you put the adapter into your lightning or type C port, converting it to a 'universal' pinout for the magnetic cable. Could make for a nice breakaway feature too. In lieu of a good wireless solution, I'd definitely buy something like that.

donluca
12-25-2017, 02:04 PM
CPS1 & CPS2 100% emulation device (could perhaps be extended via firmware updates to support other systems), OR some kind of ROM board that will allow the CPS1 or CPS2 to play all games of that platform.

I've probably already said it somewhere, but I'm going to say it again just to make sure:

This is a great option, but PLEASE make the A-Board and B-Board SEPARATE so that:
1 - If I have a working motherboard I can just purchase the Rom Board
2 - If I have working Rom boards but the motherboard died (there are A LOT of CPS1 A-Board dying), I can buy the FPGA (or whatever) A-Board
3 - If I don't have any, I can buy the full package (A-Board + B-Board) and, if I'm not satisfied with how the A-Board works (or whatever), I can later buy a real A-Board and use that with the Rom Board. Same applies if I want to start collecting games and using them on the FPGA Motherboard.

PLEASE, don't make an all-in-one, let us choose what to do.

RevQuixo
12-25-2017, 02:26 PM
PLEASE, don't make an all-in-one, let us choose what to do.

Sigh. This is the dumbest post I've seen today. If they are going to go through the effort of FPGAing the entire device (which is pure fantasy at this point), they are going to sell it as an entire device. Makes zero sense to sell a separate "rom board" Super cost inefficient.

lachlan
12-25-2017, 04:50 PM
Sigh. This is the dumbest post I've seen today. If they are going to go through the effort of FPGAing the entire device (which is pure fantasy at this point), they are going to sell it as an entire device. Makes zero sense to sell a separate "rom board" Super cost inefficient.

But but that's not what I want!

Sometimes I really wonder about a few people around here.

fenikso
12-25-2017, 04:58 PM
Ok, forget everything mentioned so far: We need a device for the Neo Geo home console that plugs into the cartridge port, with pass through for AES games, a port for MVS, and a CD drive for those games, too. It should be shaped as close to a toilet bowl as humanly possible.

Syn
12-25-2017, 05:35 PM
It should be shaped as close to a toilet bowl as humanly possible.

Jag CD already did that!

NeoSD wants new ideas.

donluca
12-25-2017, 05:36 PM

I believe you're not getting the point of doing it with FPGAs. You use FPGA to mimic how the original circuit logic works (along with the ICs, of course) to make it behave exactly the same as the original board.

If you're doing things properly (not slamming an emulator on a chip just to run games) there's absolutely no issue in having two separate boards.

Like, really, none. More encumbrance since the B-Board has to fit onto the original A-Board, but that's really it.

There are already console FPGAs which do this: use an FPGA to emulate the original hardware with a slot for the original cartridges.

Making two separate boards would be definitely less efficient than an all-in-one solution, no doubt about that, the question is how much we're talking here.
Since I'm not an expert on the matter (and you neither are), I'd let neoSD speak on this one since, you know, it's part of their job.

RevQuixo
12-25-2017, 05:54 PM
I believe you're not getting the point of doing it with FPGAs. You use FPGA to mimic how the original circuit logic works (along with the ICs, of course) to make it behave exactly the same as the original board.

If you're doing things properly (not slamming an emulator on a chip just to run games) there's absolutely no issue in having two separate boards.

Like, really, none. More encumbrance since the B-Board has to fit onto the original A-Board, but that's really it.

There are already console FPGAs which do this: use an FPGA to emulate the original hardware with a slot for the original cartridges.

Making two separate boards would be definitely less efficient than an all-in-one solution, no doubt about that, the question is how much we're talking here.
Since I'm not an expert on the matter (and you neither are), I'd let neoSD speak on this one since, you know, it's part of their job.

Except for the cost of manufacturing two seperate boards in a form factor that works with original hardware which makes zero sense from a cost standpoint.

Yodd
12-25-2017, 07:43 PM
I can tell you first hand, having pcbs fabricated that large (enough for cps2) is very expensive. And needing two for the A + B board makes it even worse.

Or just create an all in one solution that is FPGA driven that’s barely bigger than the jamma edge.

Syn
12-25-2017, 07:52 PM
Or just create an all in one solution that is FPGA driven that’s barely bigger than the jamma edge.

That solution might be a CPS multi winner for sales.

RevQuixo
12-25-2017, 09:04 PM
I can tell you first hand, having pcbs fabricated that large (enough for cps2) is very expensive. And needing two for the A + B board makes it even worse.

Slap an RGB/HDMI out on it and some controller ports (USB?, SNES?) and I'll be first in line.

lachlan
12-26-2017, 03:08 AM
That solution might be a CPS multi winner for sales.

CPS1/2 being relatively similar I wonder if adding a CPS3 core would add much to the circuitry? A one stop shop CPS1/2/3 FPGA for your cab would be huge.

GadgetUK
12-26-2017, 04:35 AM
The thing is, if you're going to the effort of producing a CPS1/2/3 FPGA product, it may as well become a 'MAME' product. Why limit the FPGA to only one or two systems? Its a bit different if the product is just the B board.

fille1976
12-26-2017, 04:35 AM
A consolized version cps 1-2-3 in 1 would be awesome but probably impossible due to technical reasons.
That with controller ports and hdmi or rgb.
I don't have the space for cabs in my appartment

RAZO
12-26-2017, 07:41 AM
CPS1/2 being relatively similar I wonder if adding a CPS3 core would add much to the circuitry? A one stop shop CPS1/2/3 FPGA for your cab would be huge.

I just got a hard on. No homo.

fenikso
12-26-2017, 07:49 AM
The thing is, if you're going to the effort of producing a CPS1/2/3 FPGA product, it may as well become a 'MAME' product. Why limit the FPGA to only one or two systems? Its a bit different if the product is just the B board.

Go ahead, threaten us with a good time. I fucking dare you.

donluca
12-26-2017, 09:48 AM

This.

And there are already several options available with the Rapsberry Pi and a Jamma edge which are able to reproduce several games with pixel perfect resolution and accurate refresh. I've been wanting to get one of those as several of the games emulated are near indistinguishable from their original PCB, but prefer to hold back and wait for NeoSD's take on those arcade platforms.
Right now I've hacked one of those Pandoras Box to run Retroarch and FBA and the results have been quite satisfactory, especially for CPS1 games (some CPS2 games lag in certain points).

I'm not sure the market wants yet another one of those devices, but hey, I'm more than happy to be proven wrong if this means NeoSD gets to make another successful product which makes them money to put into other projects.

Meanwhile I'll be waiting here for a proper CPS1/2 multi. I wrote about this in another place which should not be spoken of and they said it would not be possible, unless they go the same route as the mess that is their CPS2 multi.
I'm already savoring the moment when NeoSD comes up with a perfectly CPS1/2 working device...

@Yodd: thanks for the input, I appreciate it. I'd be curious to know an estimate, because I'd be willing to shill out pretty pennies for a proper CPS1/2 multi, considering how much those games go in the market these days.

fenikso
12-26-2017, 02:11 PM
Ok, forget everything mentioned so far: We need a device for the Neo Geo home console that plugs into the cartridge port, with pass through for AES games, a port for MVS, and a CD drive for those games, too. It should be shaped as close to a toilet bowl as humanly possible.

Jag CD already did that!

NeoSD wants new ideas.

Hey, man, this is the Neo we're talking about. Our toilet shaped CD system add-on would be Bigger Badder Better. It'd have a bidet, n' stuff.

Syn
12-26-2017, 03:06 PM
:lolz:

pva
12-27-2017, 02:12 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing some nice wireless gamepads for the Sega Genesis/Megadrive and TG16/PCE

Retro-Bit just announced they've partnered up (http://retro-bit.com/retrobit-announces-sega-partnership) with Sega, and that they're launching their first products for the Genesis, Saturn and/or Dreamcast at CES. The announcement is naturally scarce on the details, but I read it to mean that they're about to launch controllers for Sega consoles with wired, USB and BT connectivity.

The first products and concepts under the agreement include several accessories that feature the same great quality as their original Sega counterparts like the original console port, but also with modern upgrades such as a USBŪ port for PC compatibility and BluetoothŪ wireless technology. These new products are slated to debut in the Innex booth #21023 in the South Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center during CES 2018.

8bitdo pretty much have the NES/SNES controller game locked down with great quality stuff, but no one is servicing Sega and NEC fans. And there a BUNCH of them out there.

I don't own any Retro-Bit products, but I'm under the impression that they're not as solid as 8bitdo's offerings. That being said, I'd still prefer a BT controller of even passable quality over a mess of extension cords, as long as the lag isn't horrendous.

fenikso
12-27-2017, 07:35 AM
Now if we can get NEC or Konami or whoever to license out the turbo/pce pad.

GohanX
12-27-2017, 08:38 AM
I don't own any Retro-Bit products, but I'm under the impression that they're not as solid as 8bitdo's offerings.

The Retrobit products I've used have been shit. Earlier this year I wanted to get myself one of their SNES portables, which could also play NES and Genesis with the right adapters. I ordered from Amazon. It was actually designed fairly well, it was much more comfortable than the Supaboy, but the quality of the unit was awful, particularly the screen. I figured it was just a defective unit so I ordered another one, it was even worse than the first one. I just sent it all back. Seems like a good design hampered by lousy Q and A and the use of a really awful screen.

Looking at the Amazon reviews of their controllers show that they don't seem to be any better. I'm hoping that when they release this new Sega stuff they may up their game. Hyperkin has actually released some good stuff lately, surprisingly enough, so maybe Retrobit can too.

Gentlegamer
12-27-2017, 03:03 PM
I have a Retrobit SNES style USB controller that works just fine.

mistahsnart
12-28-2017, 04:18 PM
Not sure if you're interested in such a thing, but Professor Abrasive (the guy making the plug-and-play Saturn ODE) is looking for a manufacturing and sales partner. The device is just about done, so out of pocket R&D should be minimal at this point. Might be a nice way to expand the Terraonion product line with a shorter timeline.

I'd certainly love to see your team sprinkle some UI magic on this device as well. :)

https://www.patreon.com/posts/back-in-action-15992494

gameofyou
12-28-2017, 04:48 PM
Not sure if you're interested in such a thing, but Professor Abrasive (the guy making the plug-and-play Saturn ODE) is looking for a manufacturing and sales partner. The device is just about done, so out of pocket R&D should be minimal at this point. Might be a nice way to expand the Terraonion product line with a shorter timeline.

I'd certainly love to see your team sprinkle some UI magic on this device as well. :)

https://www.patreon.com/posts/back-in-action-15992494

That would be an excellent development !

Morden
12-28-2017, 05:33 PM
That would be an excellent development !

For sure! I just hope it's more reasonably priced that Drag & Derp.

DirkSwizzler
01-01-2018, 04:35 AM
A device that presents large & cheap storage as though it were a micro SD card would probably sell super well.

I’ve heard that reading from an SD card is way easier than USB. Which has lead to many flash cart style devices using SD. But ODE’s have libraries that push the limits of SD sizes.

There’s an adapter for PSP “MS Pro Duo” slots that adapts 2 micro SD cards to work in tandem as a single memory card. And there are ribbon cables you can use to adapt it down to an M2 micro slot.

Following that same general idea. I imagine plugging a flex cable into an ODE Micro SD slot and using the other end to present 2/4/8 Micro SD cards doesn’t sound completely insane.

Last I checked on Amazon. A 128gb card on amazon ran about $40, while a 256gb ran about $135. So, $135 - ($40 * 2) leaves up to $55 of value you would be able to present to a customer right off the bat without even broaching increased capacity as a feature.

And last I checked those MS pro duo adapters provide a similar feature for under $10. So it would seem like there’s plenty of space after parts for a profit.

Please? Please point some of your genius brains at this?

I’d also like something that presented a cheap USB spinning disk as micro sd. But I’m assuming that’s much harder and the product would be cost prohibitive for a large market.

mistahsnart
01-03-2018, 06:53 AM
But that's solving a 'problem' that will eventually not be one.

It's only a matter of time until 256gb microSD cards are $40...and then $30... and then $20. I just paid $9 for a 32GB Samsung EVO microSD. Two years ago, it was triple that.

In the meantime: 128GB is still A LOT of games. Maybe play through all those first. ;)

DirkSwizzler
01-03-2018, 01:10 PM
But that's solving a 'problem' that will eventually not be one.

On a long enough timeline. All problems are temporary.

And I agree that 256gb is plenty to store a large collection. But there’s always a market for complete sets over large sets. Especially for people that host retro gaming sessions with friends. It’s easier to have everything ready immediately than having any downtime of swapping things out.

neosd
01-03-2018, 02:15 PM

This sentence is so true

mistahsnart
01-03-2018, 05:03 PM
Wow, didn't think we'd get all existential about this :smirk:

But my point is: larger microSD cards will get cheaper.

neosd
01-03-2018, 05:09 PM
Wow, didn't think we'd get all existential about this :smirk:

But my point is: larger microSD cards will get cheaper.

Well, when Pc Engine got released, no one was able to write cds. Time passed and we all were able to write cds.

Now we are not interested about writting cds anymore as sd is faster and more convenient. Everyone hates to swap discs at all ...

What future will deliver ? who knows :)