PDA

View Full Version : White nationalists marching on UVa...

Pages : [1] 2

Evil Wasabi
08-12-2017, 03:28 PM
:rolleyes:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/12/us/charlottesville-protest-white-nationalist.html

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. A planned protest in Virginia by white nationalists was abandoned on Saturday after a spate of violence prompted the governor to declare a state of emergency and law enforcement officers to clear the area.

The demonstration, which both organizers and critics had said was the largest gathering of white nationalists in recent years, turned violent almost immediately and left several people injured.

The turmoil began with a march Friday night and escalated Saturday morning as hundreds of white nationalists gathered. Waving Confederate flags, chanting Nazi-era slogans, wearing helmets and carrying shields, they converged on a statue of Robert E. Lee in the city's Emancipation Park and began chanting phrases like "You will not replace us", and "Jew will not replace us."

Hundreds of counterprotesters quickly surrounded the crowd, chanting and carrying their own signs.

By 11 a.m., the scene had exploded into taunting, shoving and outright brawling. Barricades encircling the park and separating the two sides began to come down, and police temporarily retreated. People were seen clubbing one another in the streets, and pepper spray filled the air.

The police cleared the area before noon, and the Virginia National Guard arrived as officers began arresting some who remained for unlawful assembly. But fears lingered that the altercation would start again nearby, even as politicians, including Gov. Terry McAuliffe of Virginia, a Democrat, and Representative Paul Ryan, Republican of Wisconsin and the House speaker, condemned the violence.

A couple of hours later, a car plowed into a crowd of counterprotesters, and city officials said there were multiple injuries after a three-car crash.

Emergency medical personnel treated eight people after the earlier clashes, the Charlottesville Police Department said. It was not immediately clear how severely they were hurt. Several area hospitals did not return telephone calls seeking information.

The fight was the latest in a series of tense dramas unfolding across the United States over plans to remove statues and other historic markers of the Confederacy. The battles have been intensified by the election of President Trump, who enjoys fervent support from white nationalists.

The president commented on the violence Saturday afternoon, tweeting, "We ALL must be united & condemn all that hate stands for. There is no place for this kind of violence in America. Lets come together as one"

The protest, billed as a "Unite the Right" rally, was the culmination of a year and a half of debate in Charlottesville over the fate of the Lee statue. A movement to remove it began when an African-American high school student here started a petition. The City Council voted 3 to 2 in April to sell it, but a judge issued an injunction temporarily stopping the move.

The city had been bracing for a sea of alt-right demonstrators, and on Friday night, hundreds of them, carrying lit torches, marched on the picturesque grounds of the University of Virginia, founded in 1819 by Thomas Jefferson. The group included prominent white nationalist figures like Richard Spencer and David Duke, a former imperial wizard of the Ku Klux Klan.

We're going to fulfill the promises of Donald Trump to take our country back, Mr. Duke told reporters Saturday. Many of the white nationalist protesters carried campaign signs for Mr. Trump.

University officials said one person was arrested and charged Friday night with assault and disorderly conduct, and several others were injured. Among those hurt was a university police officer injured while making the arrest, the school said in a statement.

Theresa A. Sullivan, the president of the university, strongly condemned the Friday demonstration in a statement, calling it é›»isturbing and unacceptable.

Still, officials allowed the Saturday protest to go on until the injuries began piling up.

The city of Charlottesville declared a state of emergency at around 11 a.m., citing an 妬mminent threat of civil disturbance, unrest, potential injury to persons, and destruction of public and personal property.

Governor McAuliffe followed with his own declaration an hour later.

"It is now clear that public safety cannot be safeguarded without additional powers, and that the mostly-out-of-state protesters have come to Virginia to endanger our citizens and property," Governor McAuliffe said in a statement. "I am disgusted by the hatred, bigotry and violence these protesters have brought to our state over the past 24 hours."

The Republican candidate for governor in Virginia, Ed Gillespie, issued his own statement denouncing the protests as "vile hate" that has "no place in our Commonwealth."

Mr. Ryan agreed. "The views fueling the spectacle in Charlottesville are repugnant," he said on Twitter. "Let it only serve to unite Americans against this kind of vile bigotry."

How fitting that this happens at a school founded by a slave owner.

CaseyTappy
08-12-2017, 04:03 PM
Just watched some of it and it's scary shit , nazi's , KKK, white supremacists openly demonstrating .

SML
08-12-2017, 04:14 PM
Just watched some of it and it's scary shit , nazi's , KKK, white supremacists openly demonstrating .

"On many sides," though.

Evil Wasabi
08-12-2017, 05:19 PM
"On many sides," though.

Yeah, those white folk want to increase awareness for the discrimination they face against people on college applications.

Poison Sama
08-12-2017, 05:24 PM
https://j.gifs.com/Q1w9x0.gif

snes_collector
08-12-2017, 08:00 PM
On top of this, a helicopter when down a few miles from Charlottesville and more people lost their lives.

This has been a HUGE topic of debate in Virginia over the past few months. One side says the Confederates monuments need to go because of their beliefs, one side says they should stay up due to their historical significance in how they shaped the country (even though not in a good way.) And don't even get me started on the alt-right.

Personally I think it is time for them to go. The world has changed, even if many citizens are not ready to move on.

lachlan
08-12-2017, 09:29 PM
There are plenty of statues/monuments around the world of questionable people, it's history and it doesn't have to be nice and forgetting about it isn't a good idea. This entire thing is blown out of proportion...

Jibbajaba
08-12-2017, 10:16 PM
I really don't have a problem with these statues being taken down. Robert E. Lee was the general of an army that was at war with the United States, in which over 360,000 of *our* soldiers were killed because the southern states weren't willing to stop ENSLAVING an entire race of people. Fuck Robert E. Lee. What if Yaphank, NY (http://www.haaretz.com/us-news/.premium-1.794034) had a statue of fucking Erwin Rommel in the town square? Or if in Japantown in SF there was a stature of Hideki Tojo? That would be cool because it was a part of history? Why do the southern states get this free pass to hang on to confederate bullshit? Fuck that.

norton9478
08-12-2017, 11:30 PM
I'm just waiting for Lithy to start another thread blaming it all on me.

wyo
08-13-2017, 12:09 AM
There are plenty of statues/monuments around the world of questionable people, it's history and it doesn't have to be nice and forgetting about it isn't a good idea. This entire thing is blown out of proportion...

The problem is public land and tax-payer dollars being used to display and maintain such controversial monuments. Private land? Fine.

Jibbajaba
08-13-2017, 12:38 AM
The problem is public land and tax-payer dollars being used to display and maintain such controversial monuments. Private land? Fine.

Exactly.

LoneSage
08-13-2017, 03:12 AM
When I came home last year, driving through Virginia, I saw an absolutely massive flag off the highway. Probably the biggest flag I've seen in my life. It was the Confederate flag. It was at that moment everything clicked, and I wondered just why in the hell are people still holding onto this.

I can't think of any other countries atm where the losing side of the civil war is so heavily romanticized and people still openly flaunt it. There are many questions that people who say 'Heritage Not Hate' need to ask themselves, that would require introspection but probably get angry after discussing it.

I remember as a kid thinking the Civil War was fought over slaves. Then in middle/high school was taught it was fought over states' rights.

I also remember in 2000 controversy about the Confederate flag being flown at the top of the South Carolina State Senate. It's so clear to me now, why would the state senate fly the traitors' flag? Why would the federal government not cut that out sooner?

IMO the federal govt has been far too kind when it comes to writing history about the Confederacy.

Lots of Virginians are straight up retarded about this. It's shameful.

Poppy
08-13-2017, 03:18 AM
Some alt right freak show ran his car into the counter protestors.

1 killed. 19 injured.

He's charged with 2nd degree murder, malicious wounding, failure to prevent an accident.

Trump condemns violence on both sides.

I wish hyper was there protesting and got smushed.

CaseyTappy
08-13-2017, 04:57 AM
The mad king reigns so the critters openly come out of the woodwork, enjoy the nazi Trumpaloompa parade !

lachlan
08-13-2017, 05:47 AM

Fair point.

That nutjob ramming people.. the guy was only 20 and now his life is fucked. What a waste.

Dr Shroom
08-13-2017, 06:32 AM
I agree. Shitty way to ruin such a nice car.

lithy
08-14-2017, 09:54 AM

A sign of a free people.

(at least until the riot cops and national guard showed up)

P.S. This is all norton's fault.

FilthyRear
08-14-2017, 10:12 AM
The human race is just chock-full of colossal pieces of shit.

Black, white, jew, gentile - it don't matter. Every single one of us just yell retarded bullshit at one another.

Our species should be wiped off the face of the planet.

smokehouse
08-14-2017, 11:40 AM
The human race is just chock-full of colossal pieces of shit.

Black, white, jew, gentile - it don't matter. Every single one of us just yell retarded bullshit at one another.

Our species should be wiped off the face of the planet.

Depending on the day and the time, I completely agree. We, as a race, are really not good for anything. I always think back to Agent Smith's rant where he compares humans to a virus. We multiply, we consume at all cost, we destroy the host until have killed our very source of life.

I see so much beauty at times, I really do...but then I see what horrors so many are capable of, not only to each other, but to the planet we rely on for our very existence. There's so many times that I feel that humans really do deserve extinction.

Tripredacus
08-14-2017, 02:47 PM
Neo-Nazis are not real Nazis.
Are the people against Neo-Nazis or real Nazis? What is the line they draw, are all bad? How come no one is protesting in front of NASA or JPL? Or are those Nazis ok?

Evil Wasabi
08-14-2017, 03:02 PM
Neo-Nazis are not real Nazis.
Are the people against Neo-Nazis or real Nazis? What is the line they draw, are all bad? How come no one is protesting in front of NASA or JPL? Or are those Nazis ok?

Supremacism. That's the line.

Tripredacus
08-14-2017, 03:14 PM
I don't think so. It is a nice though but I doubt it works out that way in real life because those who are against these groups are just as blind to differences than those in the groups themselves. For there is a difference between someone who holds beliefs for themselves vs those who hold their beliefs over others, yet they are treated the same.

We know this because society is acting upon people for "thought-crime" or for people who have had their own beliefs revealed where they have no actual power. A recent example of this is that guy who got fired from Google just because someone found out what his thoughts or beliefs were. It doesn't matter to current society that this person has no authority over anyone and cannot actually enforce his beliefs upon anyone else.

smokehouse
08-14-2017, 03:36 PM
I don't think so. It is a nice though but I doubt it works out that way in real life because those who are against these groups are just as blind to differences than those in the groups themselves. For there is a difference between someone who holds beliefs for themselves vs those who hold their beliefs over others, yet they are treated the same.

We know this because society is acting upon people for "thought-crime" or for people who have had their own beliefs revealed where they have no actual power. A recent example of this is that guy who got fired from Google just because someone found out what his thoughts or beliefs were. It doesn't matter to current society that this person has no authority over anyone and cannot actually enforce his beliefs upon anyone else.

lately, I've been pondering on this myself. I'm not sure how to answer that...and I don't think anyone else can either.

You have the easy targets, the extremists...on all sides, but they're really the vast minority. In between all of them you have everyone else. You see terms like "racist", "bigot", "sexist", "insert here" being chucked around like rice at a wedding...but its so hard to define with normal people because most people aren't extremist. Because of this, the type-casting of traits, or opinions, or likes, or dislikes has begun. "Oh, you like this thing/event/book/whatever? Well, you're a (insert stereotype here)".

Its getting to the point where liking some abstract thing will get you classified as some deviant. A prime example: "Are you a Muslim? Well, then you're a terrorist." Racist/Nazi is the new one...those labels get chucked around constantly when only in a small fraction of cases is it actually correct.

Evil Wasabi
08-14-2017, 03:53 PM

He spread a memorandum that distinctly claimed women have a genetic disadvantage in the tech industry. I don't care what your beliefs dictate on the science, his memo ran afoul of the employee handbook rule prohibiting gender offensive discourse.

Thought crime my ass.

Tripredacus
08-14-2017, 04:23 PM
He spread a memorandum that distinctly claimed women have a genetic disadvantage in the tech industry. I don't care what your beliefs dictate on the science, his memo ran afoul of the employee handbook rule prohibiting gender offensive discourse.

Thought crime my ass.

Sometime before August 4th the document was made. He wasn't fired until after it went viral. Google cited the reason for termination as being it was against their handbook, but you know the real reason they fired him was because it became a news story. What choice did Google have? Could they have said "oh this guy did a bad, he never did anything bad before so we just reprimanded him" no way because then the story would then be that Google wasn't doing what the people wanted and they wanted this guy's blood. That is what companies do these days. Someone runs afoul of the loudmouths in today's society? They get fired. The companies do this to CYA.

smokehouse
08-14-2017, 04:37 PM
Sometime before August 4th the document was made. He wasn't fired until after it went viral. Google cited the reason for termination as being it was against their handbook, but you know the real reason they fired him was because it became a news story. What choice did Google have? Could they have said "oh this guy did a bad, he never did anything bad before so we just reprimanded him" no way because then the story would then be that Google wasn't doing what the people wanted and they wanted this guy's blood. That is what companies do these days. Someone runs afoul of the loudmouths in today's society? They get fired. The companies do this to CYA.

When you're Google, that's a ton of "A" to "C". I know why they canned him, that's what happens and it is what it is.

Tripredacus
08-14-2017, 04:53 PM
Yes well it is just a recent example of a witch hunt being brought against a person for his thoughts, and this person had no power in his company or with his position to enforce those upon other people.

ebinsugewa
08-14-2017, 05:02 PM
It doesn't matter to current society that this person has no authority over anyone and cannot actually enforce his beliefs upon anyone else.

Without making comment on any of the other factors surrounding this case - it's my understanding that peer review is a significant factor in performance review/salary/promotion etc. at Google. Someone can correct me if that's changed, but in that environment he has at least some power to adversely affect female colleagues. Now, I suppose you can say 'just don't let this guy review people instead of firing him' and to that I'd say fair enough. There were obviously other factors involved in his firing.

SpamYouToDeath
08-14-2017, 06:38 PM
What choice did Google have? Could they have said "oh this guy did a bad, he never did anything bad before so we just reprimanded him" no way because then the story would then be that Google wasn't doing what the people wanted and they wanted this guy's blood.

Google has pretty much all the choice - programmers aren't unionized. A police officer can dump two magazines into somebody and get "administrative leave", but a programmer will get fired for making a rude joke.

Evil Wasabi
08-14-2017, 07:53 PM
Without making comment on any of the other factors surrounding this case - it's my understanding that peer review is a significant factor in performance review/salary/promotion etc. at Google. Someone can correct me if that's changed, but in that environment he has at least some power to adversely affect female colleagues. Now, I suppose you can say 'just don't let this guy review people instead of firing him' and to that I'd say fair enough. There were obviously other factors involved in his firing.

Basically. If they let him stay they would be opening themselves to lawsuits.

Not that the snowflakes care or understand.

Jibbajaba
08-14-2017, 09:34 PM
The CEO of UnderArmor announced that he's stepping down from Trump's "American Manufacturing Council" due to the events surrounding Charlottesville and already the Trumpfags on Twitter are announcing their boycott. The guy is just trying to protect his brand, regardless of personal politics. If you're going to announce on social media that you're boycotting UA, why not just go all in and come out as a white supremacist?

greedostick
08-14-2017, 09:57 PM
I personally don't see an issue with confederate monuments, but our nation needs to move forward past this race stuff, and removing them could be a very small first step.

The problem isn't confederate artifacts, it's stupid people that think a confederate flag stands for racism. They need a history lesson, parents, and a college education.

People are not going to look at these flags and monuments, and think "hey, I gonna become a racist fuck". Everyone here knows that racism isn't some genetic disorder you're born with, it's taught from birth by parents who have been handed down this garbage for generations. They would have been racist before they even seen the damn monument because of their family upbringing.

People claim racism is at an all time high. I think I disagree for the most part.

I never met my real father. My mom married a 6"6 black guy, who raised me from birth as his own. I remember kids trying to fight me growing up, parents of my friends forbidding me to hang out with them after my father picked me up after sleeping over (many times), and countless other things related to racism. In the 80's a black man marrying a white woman was still a weird thing. Everyone in the fucking neighborhood would be plotting in the background trying to figure out why a white woman married a black man. I can recount numerous times my fathers family tried to get him to divorce my mom to marry a black woman. Most people don't even blink an eye now, and there are a lot more bi-racial kids than there were when I was young.

For the most part I feel white and black intermingling is way more accepted than 30 years ago, but social media, the news, and the internet in general have been a means to bring out the negative in this world, and amplify it to an exaggerated amount. The racism is not single sided as the media would want you to believe either. There are racist assholes that are black and white in equal proportion.

LoneSage
08-15-2017, 12:59 AM
Ugh, another greedo post.

Do you not understand how strange it is to have memorials to people who were traitors to the United States of America? Who, if their side won, would have perpetuated owning other human beings?

Do you not understand why it's messed up to be proud of raising a flag of traitors to America who were fighting for the right to own people?

A lot of this bullshit pride of the Confederacy can be traced back to the turn of the 20th century, which can be seen as a kind of revisionist history, because southerners were butthurt that they lost and didn't want to be depicted as evil pieces of shit:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Cause_of_the_Confederacy

It's why, when I was in school, I was taught about the advantages and disadvantages of the south and north, and that one of the advantages were how noble the Confederate generals were. Robert E. Lee, Stonewall Jackson and others have become legends.

I'm getting a headache just thinking how much bullshit I was spoonfed at school when it comes to the Civil War. I feel angry at myself for not recognizing this when I was in school at the time.

Evil Wasabi
08-15-2017, 12:59 AM
I beg to differ. When kids see the monuments they get a feeling that the boys who wore grey were a-ok.

Not sure how a confederate statue can work unless they put up statues of Osama Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein next to the confederate.

SpamYouToDeath
08-15-2017, 01:31 AM
I beg to differ. When kids see the monuments they get a feeling that the boys who wore grey were a-ok.

Not sure how a confederate statue can work unless they put up statues of Osama Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein next to the confederate.

You'd have to put up a few thousand statues of bin Laden to equal the amount of Americans killed by Confederates.

lithy
08-15-2017, 09:01 AM
A lot of this bullshit pride of the Confederacy can be traced back to the turn of the 20th century, which can be seen as a kind of revisionist history, because southerners were butthurt that they lost and didn't want to be depicted as evil pieces of shit:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Cause_of_the_Confederacy

Of course they were upset that they lost, but were they really evil pieces of shit?

They were men who fought for something they believed in. They lost. Then, when their generation was dying off, their children and grandchildren chose to honor them by raising money to put up statues of them.

Were they racist as we would regard racism today? Probably, but every man for his time. Lincoln is called the Great Emancipator, but if given the choice to reunite the country without freeing the slaves, would have taken that option. But instead he is honored, as he should be, but if you took Lincoln and placed him in time during the Civil Rights movement, he'd probably look as backwards as Wallace.

When Lee surrendered to Grant, Grant had him treated as an equal. He refused to allow his soldiers to celebrate the victory. "The Confederates were now our countrymen, and we did not want to exult over their downfall,"

For terms of surrrender, instead of taking prisoners and prosecuting on charges of treason, he paroled all who were engaged in revolt immediately:

In accordance with the substance of my letter to you of the 8th inst., I propose to receive the surrender of the Army of N. Va. on the following terms, to wit: Rolls of all the officers and men to be made in duplicate. One copy to be given to an officer designated by me, the other to be retained by such officer or officers as you may designate. The officers to give their individual paroles not to take up arms against the Government of the United States until properly exchanged, and each company or regimental commander sign a like parole for the men of their commands. The arms, artillery and public property to be parked and stacked, and turned over to the officer appointed by me to receive them. This will not embrace the side-arms of the officers, nor their private horses or baggage. This done, each officer and man will be allowed to return to their homes, not to be disturbed by United States authority so long as they observe their paroles and the laws in force where they may reside.

In light of things like this, I'm tempted to say that Federals in the field that had just fought for 4 years against the very same men that we are talking about their statues today, held them in higher regard than someone 100+ years removed from the events.

I'm not saying that any or all of these statues should remain. Personally, I take issue with any statues on public property. However, to take them down wholesale is every bit 'revisionist' history as to leave them all up.

After a nightmare weekend of Facebook where such ridiculous memes as "there is only one side" have taken root, I am disappointed but not really surprised that a striking number of Americans do not understand what it means to silence a minority group when you disagree with them. Simultaneously, they have allowed themselves to be trolled by what some estimates were fewer than 500 people. 500 people is less than you get for a high school football game in bumfuck whereeversville. Now they've multiplied their perceived strength by attaching them to basically anyone that voted for trump or really even anyone that didn't vote for Hillary. 500 skinhead, kkk, white power chucklefucks now represent the antithesis to the Democratic party. The idiots don't understand how that won't help change the course of future elections, but they'll shitpost memes on facebook to prove how 'active' they are in standing up to Nazis.

The tiki torches were a nice touch I thought.

Evil Wasabi
08-15-2017, 10:02 AM
Doesn't matter if they fought for what they believed in, there are few crimes worse than making another person a slave. Soldiers who fought to preserve the right to hold men and women as slaves, without rights against rape, or dismemberment, much less human dignity

Those soldiers were not good. They were not heroes. They deserve no statues.

Removing the statues doesn't remove the history. That doesn't mean you leave up the statue.

SpamYouToDeath
08-15-2017, 10:35 AM
The problem isn't confederate artifacts, it's stupid people that think a confederate flag stands for racism. They need a history lesson, parents, and a college education.

The Confederacy - and its flags - absolutely stands for racism.

Our new government is founded upon exactly the opposite idea; its foundations are laid, its corner- stone rests upon the great truth, that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery -- subordination to the superior race -- is his natural and normal condition. [Applause.] This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth.
https://www.ucs.louisiana.edu/~ras2777/amgov/stephens.html

Pasky
08-15-2017, 11:15 AM
Hey guise, I think we should destroy the pyramids. Ancient Egyptians used thousands of Jew slaves to build them, they're evil.

Evil Wasabi
08-15-2017, 11:29 AM
Hey guise, I think we should destroy the pyramids. Ancient Egyptians used thousands of Jew slaves to build them, they're evil.

Are you Egyptian?

Pasky
08-15-2017, 11:47 AM
Are you Egyptian?

WE

Rot
08-15-2017, 11:51 AM
There's a few things I try and steer well clear off in chat...

Politics and Religion...

SURE... it happens sometimes but all in all... the lads know that it usually ends up as a fuckfest...

xROTx

PS. On Topic... Society says we should be tolerant to each other and uphold the majority thinking....

Only issue with that is that some parts of the World have some fucked up views...

Say what you want about the USA... I admire their right to free speech... and their general citizens idea of what's fair...

SADLY... there are some folks that live there that are still in the stoneage with their thinking:(

EDIT: Which leads to the fact that I'm still amazed 'murika voted in a Blonde whacko as Prez....

Dr Shroom
08-15-2017, 12:11 PM

WUZ

Pyramids were build by the blax, destorying them would be racist n' sheeeeeeit.

Pasky
08-15-2017, 12:17 PM
WUZ

Pyramids were build by the blax, destorying them would be racist n' sheeeeeeit.

KANGZ

I builded dat pyramidz

hyper
08-15-2017, 12:21 PM
blue is getting absolutely crushed next year

like mick foley belly flopping off a 30' cage

I mean how many L's do u need to take before u change up the roster

norton9478
08-15-2017, 12:29 PM
Yes well it is just a recent example of a witch hunt being brought against a person for his thoughts, and this person had no power in his company or with his position to enforce those upon other people.

It is best to keep your opinions on shit like this to yourself at work.

Of course they were upset that they lost, but were they really evil pieces of shit?

They were men who fought for something they believed in. They lost. Then, when their generation was dying off, their children and grandchildren chose to honor them by raising money to put up statues of them.

I would like to suggest that the neo-confederate romanticism of the early 20th century south has less to do with honoring a dying generation and more to do with reinforcing a certain power structure.

lithy
08-15-2017, 12:41 PM
I would like to suggest that the neo-confederate romanticism of the early 20th century south has less to do with honoring a dying generation and more to do with reinforcing a certain power structure.

I think there is a fair argument for that but I would suggest it is far more subconscious than people would like to think.

They weren't necessarily like "this statue of Robert E. Lee sure will teach those negroes their place". But rather, "man, that Robbie Lee was a great man, I think he needs a statue, oh, and we still hate blacks right? All in favor say aye".

But again, attempting to pinpoint the motivations of people long dead is difficult if not impossible.

I don't give two shits about the assholes who were marching, they can fuck off. However, there are far reaching implications in the way that some people have decided to essentially make simply being a Nazi worthy of being punched in the face.

I guess unlike some, I just think that it is possible to say that hate groups have a right to assemble without being a member of a hate group.

LoneSage
08-15-2017, 12:51 PM

Were they racist as we would regard racism today? Probably, but every man for his time. Lincoln is called the Great Emancipator, but if given the choice to reunite the country without freeing the slaves, would have taken that option. But instead he is honored, as he should be, but if you took Lincoln and placed him in time during the Civil Rights movement, he'd probably look as backwards as Wallace.

When Lee surrendered to Grant, Grant had him treated as an equal. He refused to allow his soldiers to celebrate the victory. "The Confederates were now our countrymen, and we did not want to exult over their downfall,"

For terms of surrrender, instead of taking prisoners and prosecuting on charges of treason, he paroled all who were engaged in revolt immediately:

In light of things like this, I'm tempted to say that Federals in the field that had just fought for 4 years against the very same men that we are talking about their statues today, held them in higher regard than someone 100+ years removed from the events.

I'm not saying that any or all of these statues should remain. Personally, I take issue with any statues on public property. However, to take them down wholesale is every bit 'revisionist' history as to leave them all up.

After a nightmare weekend of Facebook where such ridiculous memes as "there is only one side" have taken root, I am disappointed but not really surprised that a striking number of Americans do not understand what it means to silence a minority group when you disagree with them. Simultaneously, they have allowed themselves to be trolled by what some estimates were fewer than 500 people. 500 people is less than you get for a high school football game in bumfuck whereeversville. Now they've multiplied their perceived strength by attaching them to basically anyone that voted for trump or really even anyone that didn't vote for Hillary. 500 skinhead, kkk, white power chucklefucks now represent the antithesis to the Democratic party. The idiots don't understand how that won't help change the course of future elections, but they'll shitpost memes on facebook to prove how 'active' they are in standing up to Nazis.

The tiki torches were a nice touch I thought.

lithy I think your post has some kind of whatabout-ism. I know Lincoln didn't care about freeing the slaves unless it meant helping end the war. But this isn't about Lincoln, dawg.

I'm also well-aware of the Confederates being pardoned. This is a good move in helping re-establish harmony in the nation. You didn't address The Lost Cause. The statues were put up originally because of revisionist BS, and you're saying taking them down would be revisionist as well..what?

Yeah, there were 'only' 500 people who showed up to the rally. Unfortunately there are many more who support them or think they didn't do anything wrong, or that what they were doing isn't a big deal.

I used to think like you, that the two parties are two sides of the same coin. I do not think this way any longer. I'm burnt out, man. I'm burnt out from checking facebook a few times a year and seeing the insanity that people I'm acquainted with write. I'm burnt out from 'BUT HER E-MAILS', from people who still hate Obama because he was black, from people who would foam at the mouth for Obama golfing and yet are silent on Trump, from people who agree with Trump on every single issue or think dismantling the EPA is a good idea and think caring for the environment is for faggots.

I grew up in a city where there were 'The South Will Rise Again' merchandise at the mall. Where people with huge pick-up trucks had Confederate flag stickers on them. Where Confederate flags were just as common as American flags in some neighborhoods, the kind of neighborhoods where those people are missing some teeth and park on their front lawn.

And they don't vote Democrat. I guarantee you. I do not like the two party system. I do not endorse the Democratic party. But I'm calling it as I see it, and all those backwards ass, low-education, low-quality people vote Republican. Let me be clear, I am not saying everyone who votes Republican is an idiot. I am also not saying no idiots vote Democrat. I am saying that the vast majority of people who hated Obama and questioned his citizenship, that people who proudly wave the flag of traitors to the Union some 150 years ago, vote Republican.

I'm ranting now. Lemme wrap it up by saying I never said minority groups should be silenced (are you implying I said that?) but obviously if you're waving a Nazi flag and saying racist rhetoric there will obviously be consequences from that.

Holy shit will this be a drunkpost I'll regret in the morning? Mao I hope what I wrote makes sense.

edit: lithy I also remember some years ago you said the Civil War was about states' rights. I used to think so too. The education system failed us

FilthyRear
08-15-2017, 12:51 PM
blue is getting absolutely crushed next year

like mick foley belly flopping off a 30' cage

I mean how many L's do u need to take before u change up the roster

It doesn't matter who wins in 2018, we all lose.

norton9478
08-15-2017, 12:58 PM
I guess unlike some, I just think that it is possible to say that hate groups have a right to assemble without being a member of a hate group.

Trying to deconstruct an argument about the motivations of racial nationalism into an argument about one's "Right to Assemble" is akin to deconstructing an argument about slavery into that of "States Rights".

SpamYouToDeath
08-15-2017, 01:02 PM
It doesn't matter who wins in 2018, we all lose.

At least sign up for a mail ballot and vote third-party. We hold these elections for a reason, you know.

FilthyRear
08-15-2017, 01:12 PM
At least sign up for a mail ballot and vote third-party. We hold these elections for a reason, you know.

Who the hell said I wasn't going to vote?

EDIT: Going back to the part about "confederate monuments"... I just saw the footage of that crowd in NC pulling down and destroying the statue... WTF

Evil Wasabi
08-15-2017, 01:21 PM
Freedom of assembly is great. But lets not fall for the hogwash argument that the counter protesters are against freedom of assembly.

Some aseemblies have a patina of criminality. NAMBLA, the KKK, neo nazis. They aren't assembling to talk about football.

A look inside these groups show that they are organized primarily to spread the radicalization of members and communities. Wearing hoods, carrying torches, and shouting racist epithets could easily be seen by a rational jury as menacing.

And basically, you wouldn't allow this type of radicalization if it were islamic, or for pedophilia (or would you? I don't know you).

And lets not forget that fighting words are not protected under the constitution.

So, sure, let people get together. But no, don't let them menace the communities. And hold them all accountable.

FilthyRear
08-15-2017, 01:30 PM
And basically, you wouldn't allow this type of radicalization if it were islamic, or for pedophilia (or would you? I don't know you).

...Me?

Nice ninja edit, taking the stuff out about being "sympathetic (or apologetic) to white supremacy".

Evil Wasabi
08-15-2017, 01:31 PM
...Me?

That was for Lithy. I didn't hit the quote button.

Poppy
08-15-2017, 02:18 PM
Doesn't matter if they fought for what they believed in, there are few crimes worse than making another person a slave. Soldiers who fought to preserve the right to hold men and women as slaves, without rights against rape, or dismemberment, much less human dignity

Those soldiers were not good. They were not heroes. They deserve no statues.

Removing the statues doesn't remove the history. That doesn't mean you leave up the statue.

This.

And Tripredacus is reaffirming himself as a WZA tier shit member

Thought crime, my ass.

Tripredacus
08-15-2017, 02:58 PM
What does WZA mean?

Evil Wasabi
08-15-2017, 03:06 PM
What does WZA mean?

It means you're what is known as a snowflake.

DevilRedeemed
08-15-2017, 03:08 PM
I feel sick to my stomach about what this implies for the entirety of the world itself. Dark clouds looming. Here in Argie we have a govt that licks US boots and revindicates dictatorships of old. In fact something terrible happened a little over a week ago. A young man called Santiago Maldonado appears to have been kidnapped by the equivalence of state troopers, when he was present during a protest by indigenous Mapuche on land they have an ancestral claim to. Maldonado is white. The Gendarmes deny they took him and the Minister of Defence upholds this, seemingly covering up this terrible crime. Thousands of us where "disappeared" by the defacto government in the 70s (including family member of mine), these things hurt just like these statues do. They are symbols that revindicates ideals.
You have to be very careful when it comes to treating these things. Appeasement is the worst policy

Rot
08-15-2017, 03:10 PM
I feel sick to my stomach about what this implies for the entirety of the world itself. Dark clouds looming. Here in Argie we have a govt that licks US boots and revindicates dictatorships of old. In fact something terrible happened a little over a week ago. A young man called Santiago Maldonado appears to have been kidnapped by the equivalence of state troopers, when he was present during a protest by indigenous Mapuche on land they have an ancestral claim to. Maldonado is white. The Gendarmes deny they took him and the Minister of Defence upholds this, seemingly covering up this terrible crime. Thousands of us where "disappeared" by the defacto government in the 70s (including family member of mine), do these things hurt just like these statues do. They are simbols that revindicates ideals.
You have to be very careful when it comes to treating these things. Appeasement is the worst policy

You're still not getting the Falklands back pal...

That piece of shitty rock that i have no interest in... is perma UK...

xROTx

DevilRedeemed
08-15-2017, 03:16 PM
You're still not getting the Falklands back pal...

That piece of shitty rock that i have no interest in... is perma UK...

xROTx

Eh? Well I don't personally care about Malvinas, I'm not a fanatic. I think the Brits should fuck off though, and the islanders make do with being the southernmost country in the continent. But this won't happen because the empire needs this strategic point like they do Gibraltar.
The south of what is now Argentina was taken by force from the inhabitants not 140 years ago, which is yesterday in historic terms. It wasn't even Argentina back then. So the genocidal racist state of Argentina killed the Injuns and gave the Patagonia to a few rich land owning families, who make up what is today influential right wing power. It is what it is. So I am not blind,but then I think the UK can go suck a dick too

Rot
08-15-2017, 03:21 PM
Eh? Well I don't personally care about Malvinas, I'm not a fanatic. I think the Brits should fuck off though, and the islanders make do with being the southernmost country in the continent. But this won't happen because the empire needs this strategic point like they do Gibraltar.
The south of what is now Argentina was taken by force from the inhabitants not 140 years ago, which is yesterday in historic terms. It wasn't even Argentina back then. So the genocidal racist state of Argentina killed the Injuns and gave the Patanonia to a few rich land owning families, who make up what is today influential right wing power. It is what it is. So I am not blind,but then I think the UK can go suck a dick too

OH... I agree man...

Sadly, I aint in control of the Government... I'm just one geeky nerd Azn on a Gaming site...

The Falklands should be returned... just like Gibraltar and Malta...

However, because of the massive UK interests and population... it aint happening anytime soon...

xROTx

PS. #Rot4Prez2017#....

DevilRedeemed
08-15-2017, 03:38 PM
OH... I agree man...

Sadly, I aint in control of the Government... I'm just one geeky nerd Azn on a Gaming site...

The Falklands should be returned... just like Gibraltar and Malta...

However, because of the massive UK interests and population... it aint happening anytime soon...

xROTx

PS. #Rot4Prez2017#....

:tickled:

SML
08-15-2017, 04:53 PM
How about that press conference y'all?

Poppy
08-15-2017, 05:07 PM
What does WZA mean?

That you dont immediately know means you are a noob first of all. But the word itself means a member who is unbelievably full of shit, a verbose and intellectually "highbrow" uncontrollable spewing shit fountain.

SML
08-15-2017, 05:20 PM
President WZA doubles down on sacred geometry.

greedostick
08-15-2017, 05:24 PM
Sage you know I go looking where you're at and post to annoy you.

This is just one of those conversations that isnt going to go anywhere. People will interpret it how they see fit. Both sides were fucked up. The South was pro slave. The north didnt give a shit. South seceded, but one could argue we were founded by secession.

Also, the confederate flag wasn't the official flag of the KKK, now or ever. It is associated to kkk because some dummies thought it meant racism and started flying it.Just like the Swastika wasn't the official symbol of the Nazis, and they flew it and turned it into something it's not.

Now time to unsub from this thread.

Evil Wasabi
08-15-2017, 05:46 PM
Sage you know I go looking where you're at and post to annoy you.

This is just one of those conversations that isnt going to go anywhere. People will interpret it how they see fit. Both sides were fucked up. The South was pro slave. The north didnt give a shit. South seceded, but one could argue we were founded by secession.

Also, the confederate flag wasn't the official flag of the KKK, now or ever. It is associated to kkk because some dummies thought it meant racism and started flying it.Just like the Swastika wasn't the official symbol of the Nazis, and they flew it and turned it into something it's not.

Now time to unsub from this thread.

The confederate flag was the symbol of the confederacy - a group of rebel states that seceded from the US because they didn't like northern states telling them how to live and what to pay. It so happened that these same confederate states represented the white folk who forced black people to be slaves.

Dr Shroom
08-15-2017, 06:15 PM
That you dont immediately know means you are a noob first of all. But the word itself means a member who is unbelievably full of shit, a verbose and intellectually "highbrow" uncontrollable spewing shit fountain.

wizkid

snes_collector
08-15-2017, 07:02 PM
Also I've seen "500 people are not worth it" sentiment but there are LOTS of these people out there. Go tell that to guy a couple miles from my house who proudly hangs a nazi flag on his barn for every passing person to see. Living here I've always been told they are around and not who you expect- except now they are not afraid to show their true colors. Ugh.

Evil Wasabi
08-15-2017, 07:09 PM
I watched the Vice news episode on the protests and had my belief on the matter reinforced.

These white dudes were armed like they wanted to go full tilt dylan roof. That guy who plowed his dodge into the crowd at 60mph, reversed and sped out about as fast. The "left"? They seemed like moderate folk who just want to live their lives without being oppressed by skin heads and dickless white racists.

The entire point of the nazis was to dominate the non aryans. The entire point of white nationalism is to disenfranchise the non-whites, and probably disenfranchise the jews too. I don't see how Lithy wants to humor that conversation.

lithy
08-15-2017, 08:10 PM
Let's multi-quote up in this bitch.

lithy
08-15-2017, 08:21 PM
Yeah, there were 'only' 500 people who showed up to the rally. Unfortunately there are many more who support them or think they didn't do anything wrong, or that what they were doing isn't a big deal.

And the solution to that is what? Assaulting people and lumping all trump voters in with the KKK?

Trying to deconstruct an argument about the motivations of racial nationalism into an argument about one's "Right to Assemble" is akin to deconstructing an argument about slavery into that of "States Rights".

So you do or don't agree that they have a right to assemble?

I mean, I guess I would, people can associate freely as long as they aren't committing a crime.

Also I've seen "500 people are not worth it" sentiment but there are LOTS of these people out there. Go tell that to guy a couple miles from my house who proudly hangs a nazi flag on his barn for every passing person to see. Living here I've always been told they are around and not who you expect- except now they are not afraid to show their true colors. Ugh.

If people think that Trump has somehow emboldened anyone then they've been a part of the exact same phenomenon of ignoring what we can generally call 'rural America', basically the thing that caused/allowed Trump to win. Trump's core voter has always been like this and openly. It is only because the news spotlight has been placed on them that you think it is more prevalent.

I watched the Vice news episode on the protests and had my belief on the matter reinforced.

These white dudes were armed like they wanted to go full tilt dylan roof. That guy who plowed his dodge into the crowd at 60mph, reversed and sped out about as fast. The "left"? They seemed like moderate folk who just want to live their lives without being oppressed by skin heads and dickless white racists.

The entire point of the nazis was to dominate the non aryans. The entire point of white nationalism is to disenfranchise the non-whites, and probably disenfranchise the jews too. I don't see how Lithy wants to humor that conversation.

I don't want to humor the conversation. They can spout whatever garbage they want. I'm not listening to them. I'm just not so concerned by them as some seem to be because they simply are not a significant portion of the population. But, because of this past weekend, people seem to think that this country is suddenly being overrun by Nazis. They are succeeding in their messaging. Just like any stupid fringe group that wants to grow membership. The Libertarian Party would kill for this sort of mainstream media coverage.

Evil Wasabi
08-15-2017, 08:48 PM
I don't want to humor the conversation. They can spout whatever garbage they want. I'm not listening to them. I'm just not so concerned by them as some seem to be because they simply are not a significant portion of the population. But, because of this past weekend, people seem to think that this country is suddenly being overrun by Nazis. They are succeeding in their messaging. Just like any stupid fringe group that wants to grow membership. The Libertarian Party would kill for this sort of mainstream media coverage.

"Because of this past weekend"?? Interesting perspective you have there. People have seemed to think this country was being overrun when Trump tapped Bannon to be his chief necromancer, and then had Gorka added as some kind of shaman. People were expressing great discomfort the moment that the KKK and the stormfront community came out in support of Trump over a year ago, and that he brought that with him into the white house.

And while you don't want to listen to what these retarded white trash are spouting, it doesn't help that they are spouting their garbage on a college campus while strapped with enough weapons to make Sung Hui Cho's dead dick hard.

lithy
08-15-2017, 09:11 PM
"Because of this past weekend"?? Interesting perspective you have there. People have seemed to think this country was being overrun when Trump tapped Bannon to be his chief necromancer, and then had Gorka added as some kind of shaman. People were expressing great discomfort the moment that the KKK and the stormfront community came out in support of Trump over a year ago, and that he brought that with him into the white house.

And while you don't want to listen to what these retarded white trash are spouting, it doesn't help that they are spouting their garbage on a college campus while strapped with enough weapons to make Sung Hui Cho's dead dick hard.

You'll have to excuse me if I'm a little skeptical and painted it as 'just this past weekend'. The internet outrage kind of ebbs and flows. Just last week we were all going to die in a nuclear holocaust remember?

Serious question though, does support from the KKK/Stormfront/David Duke/etc. immediately invalidate a candidate for you? Or does it depend on how they react to the endorsement? I know Trump was pretty fucking terrible at distancing himself from those groups. I personally think Bannon and the other sidekicks to the POTUS are just power-fiends, I don't necessarily they believe any of that stuff only insofar as it helps they to consolidate a base.

As for weapons on campus. Meh, that doesn't really garner any attention from me. Mass shootings are kinda passe, its all about bombing soft targets now.

SpamYouToDeath
08-15-2017, 10:21 PM
As for weapons on campus. Meh, that doesn't really garner any attention from me. Mass shootings are kinda passe, its all about bombing soft targets now.
I disagree strongly on this - the weapons are definitely important. They clearly felt the need to bring them - why? They're not hunting or shooting targets. Certainly they knew that there would be a police presence - this isn't out in the woods somewhere. A rifle in a crowd surrounded by cops is emphatically not appropriate for self-defense. They've brought them either for murder, intimidation, or both. If there was any doubt: that's not okay.

(The campus location has nothing to do with it, assuming that campus doesn't prohibit them.)

Evil Wasabi
08-15-2017, 10:21 PM
You'll have to excuse me if I'm a little skeptical and painted it as 'just this past weekend'. The internet outrage kind of ebbs and flows. Just last week we were all going to die in a nuclear holocaust remember?

Serious question though, does support from the KKK/Stormfront/David Duke/etc. immediately invalidate a candidate for you? Or does it depend on how they react to the endorsement? I know Trump was pretty fucking terrible at distancing himself from those groups. I personally think Bannon and the other sidekicks to the POTUS are just power-fiends, I don't necessarily they believe any of that stuff only insofar as it helps they to consolidate a base.

Considering Gorka's euro nazi ties, it does not mollify my skepticism lf Trump's administration being something earnest.

smokehouse
08-15-2017, 10:30 PM
I disagree strongly on this - the weapons are definitely important. They clearly felt the need to bring them - why? They're not hunting or shooting targets. Certainly they knew that there would be a police presence - this isn't out in the woods somewhere. A rifle in a crowd surrounded by cops is emphatically not appropriate for self-defense. They've brought them either for murder, intimidation, or both. If there was any doubt: that's not okay.

(The campus location has nothing to do with it, assuming that campus doesn't prohibit them.)

Let's call a spade a spade here...none of those people heading to a rally of that nature are even remotely interested in peaceful protest. Here's a nice little rundown...are you going to a rally/protest? Are you taking the following:

Knife/gun
Mace
Bludgeoning tool
Face mask of any kind
Goggles
Shield
A container of shit/piss
Other objects for throwing

...I can go on and on but you get my point. Not a one of them showing up in semi riot gear and looking for expressing their voice only, they're looking for a fight.

I guess this is what gets me about the police in these situations. Why someone showing up with protection gear, weapons, bottles of piss/etc aren't turned away is beyond me.

...and for gods sake...keep these people away from each other. They had the smarts to keep those "God hates fags" nutjobs miles from a soldiers funeral...why can't the do the same with these people who are clearly up to no good?

Evil Wasabi
08-15-2017, 11:15 PM
The unmasking of these racist fuckwits is amazing. People photographed and identified a former klansman who went to jail for plotting bomb attacks. This wasn't an assembly. It was a CLE course in terror.

LoneSage
08-15-2017, 11:36 PM
“I own a house in Charlottesville. Does anyone know I own a house in Charlottesville? Oh boy, it’s in Charlottesville, you’ll see,” Trump said. “It is the winery. I know a lot about Charlottesville. Charlottesville is a great place that’s been very badly hurt over the past couple of days. I own actually one of the largest wineries in the United States. It’s in Charlottesville.”

The winery is not actually one of the largest in the United States and is also not actually owned or operated by Trump, Mother Jones reports.

:spock:

fakeXsound
08-16-2017, 12:19 AM
That nutjob ramming people.. the guy was only 20 and now his life is fucked. What a waste.

Yeah, poor guy.

:thevt::thevt::thevt:

LoneSage
08-16-2017, 03:29 AM
For real though what happened with that helicopter crash

Poppy
08-16-2017, 04:28 AM
I am about to tear a couple of you a new fuck hole tomorrow morning when I'm not drunk.

You know who you are.

Edit : no its just you smokehouse. The boys open carrying ar15s were on which side? I believe in open carry. I live in wyoming motherfucker. But WHICH SIDE WAS STRAIGHT OPEN CARRYING ASSAULT WEAPONS TO BEGIN WITH. You talk about riot gear, batons, bricks, whatever the fuck. You're deluded as FUCK. If any of you require more eloquent explanation I'll provide it tomorrow. Call me out, please. If I felt like it I could legitimately join the "sons of the confederacy " club or group or whatever they call themselves, on pedigree, faggots.

LoneSage
08-16-2017, 04:33 AM
I am about to tear a couple of you a new fuck hole tomorrow morning when I'm not drunk.

You know who you are.

i like lithy but he's posting some retarded shit uitb

lithy i still wanna drink with u one day

Rot
08-16-2017, 05:00 AM

Pfft... tell me about it...

I have no beef in this episode... I just troll as carefully as I can when it concerns stuff like this...

You guys can tell me to stop interfering anytime ya' like tbh... I'm old, ugly and wise enough to know when to shut up...

xROTx

smokehouse
08-16-2017, 06:58 AM

You know who you are.

Edit : no its just you smokehouse. The boys open carrying ar15s were on which side? I believe in open carry. I live in wyoming motherfucker. But WHICH SIDE WAS STRAIGHT OPEN CARRYING ASSAULT WEAPONS TO BEGIN WITH. You talk about riot gear, batons, bricks, whatever the fuck. You're deluded as FUCK. If any of you require more eloquent explanation I'll provide it tomorrow. Call me out, please. If I felt like it I could legitimately join the "sons of the confederacy " club or group or whatever they call themselves, on pedigree, faggots.

*yawn*

Oh look, yet another time you're calling me out, color me surprised.

I'm not pointing out one specific group, and I'm not pointing out one specific incident.

...and what's this?

https://hw.infowars.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/REDNECKREVOLT.jpg

Whoops...looks like the far right isn't the only ones showing up with firearms to some of these peaceful "gatherings". (and why you chose to bring open carry into this is beyond me...you know my stance on firearm rights.) With that said, there's a time and a place. A powder keg riot at any second event is not exactly the brightest place to exercise your 2A rights. I'm pointing out people, on any side, that are showing up looking to start a riot...which is wrong no matter how you look at it.

With that said...tear into me, I'm sure you'll find some way to once again bitch about whatever I have to say, you always do.

lachlan
08-16-2017, 07:02 AM
Yeah, poor guy.

:thevt::thevt::thevt:

:spock:

Evil Wasabi
08-16-2017, 07:08 AM
*yawn*

I'm not pointing out one specific group, and I'm not pointing out one specific incident.

...and what's this?

Whoops...looks like the far right isn't the only ones showing up with firearms to some of these peaceful "gatherings". (and why you chose to bring open carry into this is beyond me...you know my stance on firearm rights.) With that said, there's a time and a place. A powder keg riot at any second event is not exactly the brightest place to exercise your 2A rights. I'm pointing out people, on any side, that are showing up looking to start a riot...which is wrong no matter how you look at it.

With that said...tear into me, I'm sure you'll find some way to once again bitch about whatever I have to say, you always do.

Did you get that off infowars?

https://www.google.com/search?tbs=sbi:AMhZZit4jQstGoToC4E5SAQv1HDhm0_1eD6 Ox9TPT9qUJE4ZXKhjU91FT7rvbdoA1V_1ZCLUsBVtexndf-ClZJm9HU7aG3mvFJ-3Edw7G62ZA-Ey21-UWX3DWG7IYcADNxZsqdYwz_1EVJViNeKvmSqghInmnHXVJkkkK N8s3xn1MRwnkCVPNsLFZQIo3lAUa7wO16dvYEHxpuU5ZJWJxUL c-BKNK6He_1jdhKOUWWFByXDnhCWzZlL_1JRVRWQ0C7ocwiloOiV U3nYC2IjCKfiSrDejMe5WVKZm0vA1hJyjCdhXHG1O6r7YrJy98 W8qkj7zNgcZ6OXKXcxLN9Lvqyp5njnULZqKT1_1mTzg&hl=en

The picture you posted was from an anti-ICE protest in Arizona back in February.

http://bigleaguepolitics.com/snowflakes-guns-antifa-form-armed-militia-release-hilarious-training-day-footage/

using the 2nd to protect their friends from improper deportation procedures is probably the best use of the 2nd in recent memory.

Jonathan - you're better than this. Don't go to alex jones to form your opinions. When you see an image or meme, google research it.

lithy
08-16-2017, 08:54 AM

I guess it is just because I know there is a lot of overlap between those groups and far-right militia/2A groups. Unless they showed up saying, we are here to shoot blacks and jews I just don't see simply carrying a weapon as actionable threat. I didn't see anything in the news, were there any reports of gunshots? All I saw was fights and mob scuffles.

You know who you are.

Damn, I thought I was going to get included, but I guess it's just smoke. I was so ready. :(

Meet up in DPRK?

norton9478
08-16-2017, 09:16 AM
Serious question though, does support from the KKK/Stormfront/David Duke/etc. immediately invalidate a candidate for you? Or does it depend on how they react to the endorsement? I know Trump was pretty fucking terrible at distancing himself from those groups. I personally think Bannon and the other sidekicks to the POTUS are just power-fiends, I don't necessarily they believe any of that stuff only insofar as it helps they to consolidate a base..

I hate to mention this, but there is a historical precedent of people just dismissing all of that crazy rhetoric and cow towing is just part of a power grab. Only to be shocked later.

smokehouse
08-16-2017, 09:28 AM
Did you get that off infowars?

https://www.google.com/search?tbs=sbi:AMhZZit4jQstGoToC4E5SAQv1HDhm0_1eD6 Ox9TPT9qUJE4ZXKhjU91FT7rvbdoA1V_1ZCLUsBVtexndf-ClZJm9HU7aG3mvFJ-3Edw7G62ZA-Ey21-UWX3DWG7IYcADNxZsqdYwz_1EVJViNeKvmSqghInmnHXVJkkkK N8s3xn1MRwnkCVPNsLFZQIo3lAUa7wO16dvYEHxpuU5ZJWJxUL c-BKNK6He_1jdhKOUWWFByXDnhCWzZlL_1JRVRWQ0C7ocwiloOiV U3nYC2IjCKfiSrDejMe5WVKZm0vA1hJyjCdhXHG1O6r7YrJy98 W8qkj7zNgcZ6OXKXcxLN9Lvqyp5njnULZqKT1_1mTzg&hl=en

The picture you posted was from an anti-ICE protest in Arizona back in February.

http://bigleaguepolitics.com/snowflakes-guns-antifa-form-armed-militia-release-hilarious-training-day-footage/

using the 2nd to protect their friends from improper deportation procedures is probably the best use of the 2nd in recent memory.

Jonathan - you're better than this. Don't go to alex jones to form your opinions. When you see an image or meme, google research it.

I need to keep a cooler head here...sorry.

The only point that I'm trying to make is that regardless of "side", people are showing up to these events looking for trouble. It really does not matter what the John Brown fellas were looking to do, I'm saying they're poking the skunk, and they aren't "alt-right". I was trying to point out that this is going on regardless of their stance, it isn't a right-wing exclusive.

I cannot say it enough, I'm all for protesting and letting your voice be heard. Intentionally showing up looking for a fight is something different.

CaseyTappy
08-16-2017, 09:34 AM
...and what's this?

Wow, is that Abu Obi Wan in the middle ?
The force is strong with this group !

norton9478
08-16-2017, 10:12 AM
It seems like a lot of people chastising these folks for confronting Nazis are the same folks that justify gun ownership with "If only the people of Germany had stood up to the Nazis".

Evil Wasabi
08-16-2017, 10:12 AM
I guess it is just because I know there is a lot of overlap between those groups and far-right militia/2A groups. Unless they showed up saying, we are here to shoot blacks and jews I just don't see simply carrying a weapon as actionable threat. I didn't see anything in the news, were there any reports of gunshots? All I saw was fights and mob scuffles.

There are a couple of considerations that you're conveniently leaving out.

Bringing a firearm to a fight will not end well if that gun goes off. If the shooter invokes SYG, they will have the burden of proving that to a jury of their peers.

The racists knew that their protest was going to be a fight. If they protested unarmed, they would have been more effective.

We have seen foreign policy use the technique of the slipknot to coax an enemy into the first attack. Fighting words is a murky "i know it when I hear it" exception of the first amendment, and that's probably what the racists were banking on in Va.

Tom Garrett Jr, Va congressman for the Charlottesville district, refused to meet the constituents in his district about the ACA repeal, but smiled for the camera when taking a picture with the white supremacists.

Tripredacus
08-16-2017, 11:38 AM
It means you're what is known as a snowflake.

I looked it up on UrbanDictionary and it is either Wild Zoo Animals or some reference to a Gary Busey movie.

Neodogg
08-16-2017, 12:04 PM
What does WZA mean?

That's weird, we just call em poppy

lithy
08-16-2017, 12:22 PM
There are a couple of considerations that you're conveniently leaving out.

Bringing a firearm to a fight will not end well if that gun goes off. If the shooter invokes SYG, they will have the burden of proving that to a jury of their peers.

The racists knew that their protest was going to be a fight. If they protested unarmed, they would have been more effective.

We have seen foreign policy use the technique of the slipknot to coax an enemy into the first attack. Fighting words is a murky "i know it when I hear it" exception of the first amendment, and that's probably what the racists were banking on in Va.

Tom Garrett Jr, Va congressman for the Charlottesville district, refused to meet the constituents in his district about the ACA repeal, but smiled for the camera when taking a picture with the white supremacists.

Isn't that exactly why the principle of non-violence for moral causes works though? Proving stand your ground if both sides were fighting becomes a lot easier. If you show up to counter protest a trolling, in your face, repugnant group and get in a fight with them, don't they basically win? They were the ones preaching hate and intolerance and you show up to shut down something you don't agree with by what amounts to force.

It is similar to why I feel like Black Lives Matter can't get the traction they want, because the victims often have previous criminal records or were in the commission of a crime at the time. I know there are many reasons for this, many of which I agree are causing a disproportionate effect of policing in black neighborhoods, but until they get a truly unimpeachable victim, there can always be that question in people's minds.

Same for this. If the left (for lack of a better term?) show up to counter protest a hate group and then cause a fight/riot/whatever, that message is not going to get through to a lot of people sitting at home on their couch. They lose their message to a headline of 'Groups Clash in Charlottesville'.

I'm not sure if I'm even disagreeing with anything you said above, except for Garrett, I don't know anything about that to comment on it. All I know is that we have seen this trick before with Westboro, these groups want this reaction, so in giving it to them, they're controlling the message more than if everyone literally sat home and said 'whatevs' from their couch as a few hundred half-braindead skinheads spent an hour or two of their Saturday afternoon milling around a college campus.

Evil Wasabi
08-16-2017, 01:02 PM
Condemning BLM because their members or victims had priors falls directly into the InfoWars narrative that ignores the fact that we have people like Jeff Sessions in place specifically to direct law enforcement to focus on the black districts that the GOP needs to disenfranchise.

Tripredacus
08-16-2017, 01:49 PM
That may be true, but it doesn't mean a group (as cited Black Lives Matter as an example) then can ignore that "common" circumstance entirely. I don't think the majority thinks that Black Lives Matter can't get what they want because, in the past, they have propped up criminals as heroes or martyrs. When that argument is brought up, it is faced with backlash, rather than a response such as "yeah we are trying to work on that and here are some other things we are doing." However, even this isn't (seen as being) true and it is the fault of media reporting. People in that movement (at least in this area) do have those discussions and are not so quick to react to such statements, nor shift away and then go blame something else. The real leaders of these groups are well aware of the crime issue, the education issue, and whatever else because they are living in those communities and do try to make things work out.

And those leaders are not the ones who get the retweets, post articles on Buzzfeed and "The Root" or end up on the TV news shows.

A lot of the stress people seem to be having over these issues is due to blowhards on the internet.

smokehouse
08-16-2017, 02:03 PM
That may be true, but it doesn't mean a group (as cited Black Lives Matter as an example) then can ignore that "common" circumstance entirely. I don't think the majority thinks that Black Lives Matter can't get what they want because, in the past, they have propped up criminals as heroes or martyrs. When that argument is brought up, it is faced with backlash, rather than a response such as "yeah we are trying to work on that and here are some other things we are doing." However, even this isn't (seen as being) true and it is the fault of media reporting. People in that movement (at least in this area) do have those discussions and are not so quick to react to such statements, nor shift away and then go blame something else. The real leaders of these groups are well aware of the crime issue, the education issue, and whatever else because they are living in those communities and do try to make things work out.

And those leaders are not the ones who get the retweets, post articles on Buzzfeed and "The Root" or end up on the TV news shows.

A lot of the stress people seem to be having over these issues is due to blowhards on the internet.

I blame a vast majority of that on the media, and social media.

The people out there that really are working for the good of others that are gaining ground against negative social issues do not make for good headlines or video clips. The social masses do not see these people, they often see the violent, radical problem causers out...well...causing problems. Sadly, these people do not make up the majority of most positive social change groups, not by a long shot.

We're in a real social mess at the moment.

Evil Wasabi
08-16-2017, 02:43 PM

So you're saying that if the blowhards didn't have their voices amplified, that the message of BLM would be pallatable?

norton9478
08-16-2017, 02:55 PM
BLM is successful.

The Protests in Ferguson MO brought in the Justice department. They exposed widespread abuses and forced reforms.
Look at Baltimore. Thanks to the riots, there are now body cameras. Two officers have been nabbed trying to plant evidence.

It isn't complete social justice. But it is a start.

SML
08-16-2017, 03:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnXBeQwmmrc

Okay, who was this?

Rot
08-16-2017, 03:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnXBeQwmmrc

Okay, who was this?

He has a Monster Energy Drink... it could be any nerd on this website....

xROTx

Evil Wasabi
08-16-2017, 03:28 PM
BLM is successful.

The Protests in Ferguson MO brought in the Justice department. They exposed widespread abuses and forced reforms.
Look at Baltimore. Thanks to the riots, there are now body cameras. Two officers have been nabbed trying to plant evidence.

Body cameras have been game changers. This was one of the earliest requests of BLM and it has created accountability in police stops that wasn't there before. Now it is up to the court system in places like Minnesota to actually deliver justice when an officer is caught in the wrong.

retro
08-16-2017, 03:50 PM
So because a racist club arranged for some body cams to be used suddenly makes them OK or what are you implying?

Rot
08-16-2017, 03:53 PM
So because a racist club arranged for some body cams to be used suddenly makes them OK or what are you implying?

You know... keeping under my radar is one thing...

Hitting Wasabi's is another... you really are a dumbass...

PS. Don't say I didn't tell you...

lithy
08-16-2017, 03:58 PM
Condemning BLM because their members or victims had priors falls directly into the InfoWars narrative that ignores the fact that we have people like Jeff Sessions in place specifically to direct law enforcement to focus on the black districts that the GOP needs to disenfranchise.

I agree that those are issues that make it more difficult to find an 'ideal' victim, but there is a reason Rosa Parks was chosen, she was unimpeachable in her character, that may fall into some of the narratives but I also think it is important to overcome those narratives if they ever hope to gain widespread support. As of right now, BLM comes off much more like the Black Panther Party than MLK Jr. to quote-unquote mainstream Americans. My opinion of course.

BLM is successful.

I'd venture to say the rise in body cameras had far more to do with their growing cost effectiveness but maybe I'm just being cynical. We got them for our local PD last year and one of our officers, who was only working PT while taking a pension from his career police job in a large metro did not like them along with some other things which I would collectively call 'just being an old-school cop' and resigned, but many of the younger officers can see the mutual benefit for them as well as the people they interact with.

retro
08-16-2017, 04:09 PM
You know... keeping under my radar is one thing...

Hitting Wasabi's is another... you really are a dumbass...

PS. Don't say I didn't tell you...

It was a pretty normal question not even directed at you. I'm not sure why you keep annoying me at every post.

xRETROx

norton9478
08-16-2017, 04:11 PM

I am implying that they were successful in advancing parts of their agenda.

Rot
08-16-2017, 04:11 PM
It was a pretty normal question not even directed at you. I'm not sure why you keep annoying me at every post.

xRETROx

Because... I care...

Think of it like this... some members are expendable... and their removal from the scene won't make waves but sends a message out...

YUP... you are as expendable as it gets...

retro
08-16-2017, 04:18 PM
The unprovoked profanity was weird, and the rest of the story is completely incoherent sorry.

Rot
08-16-2017, 04:19 PM
The unprovoked profanity was weird, and the rest of the story is completely incoherent sorry.

Welcome to a one week ban...

Evil Wasabi
08-16-2017, 04:34 PM
I agree that those are issues that make it more difficult to find an 'ideal' victim, but there is a reason Rosa Parks was chosen, she was unimpeachable in her character, that may fall into some of the narratives but I also think it is important to overcome those narratives if they ever hope to gain widespread support. As of right now, BLM comes off much more like the Black Panther Party than MLK Jr. to quote-unquote mainstream Americans. My opinion of course.

I'd venture to say the rise in body cameras had far more to do with their growing cost effectiveness but maybe I'm just being cynical. We got them for our local PD last year and one of our officers, who was only working PT while taking a pension from his career police job in a large metro did not like them along with some other things which I would collectively call 'just being an old-school cop' and resigned, but many of the younger officers can see the mutual benefit for them as well as the people they interact with.

In today's age of Alex Jones InfoWars, Rosa Parks would be defamed harder than anyone else. Look at last weekend when a woman got killed by vehicular homicide, and what springs up on the Ben Shapiro affilate sites? Stories about fat slut libtard hamster killed. You can sit back and pick apart the victims based on the stuff you don't like all day long in any situation. But why?

What I dislike is when any group tries to push another group down. We should be elevating each other, not stepping on the heads of "the other".

Tripredacus
08-16-2017, 04:43 PM
So you're saying that if the blowhards didn't have their voices amplified, that the message of BLM would be pallatable?

I don't think that people are opposed to what Black Lives Matter wants, I think that the methods are the issue.
In fact everything would be better if oppression would be removed. There is also some aspect of "stockholm syndrome" (It isn't the correct word, what is the word?) that I've heard some complaints from local leaders, whereas there is this movement to improve the lives of people but there are many people who are also fighting against that change and want to continue to live under the oppression. They talk a lot of frustration about that.

Evil Wasabi
08-16-2017, 05:26 PM
I don't think that people are opposed to what Black Lives Matter wants, I think that the methods are the issue.
In fact everything would be better if oppression would be removed. There is also some aspect of "stockholm syndrome" (It isn't the correct word, what is the word?) that I've heard some complaints from local leaders, whereas there is this movement to improve the lives of people but there are many people who are also fighting against that change and want to continue to live under the oppression. They talk a lot of frustration about that.

It seems that the problem is that the people who could help most (white voters) often don't want to hear that some group has a problem regardless. Look at the NFL sports sites comment sections about Kaepernick - somehow these people have become racists simply because Kaepernick peed in the cheerios bowl.

Although there is a rumor that because the DoD sponsors the NFL, certain social media outlets are behind the vile and racist commentaries.

SML
08-16-2017, 05:33 PM

Lithy I know you know how cops feel about cameras.

+1million about the unreasonable demands for an ideal victim.

Rosa Parks *intentionally* got herself arrested. She attended communist meetings and was a member of the Voter's League. She was a long-time member of the NAACP.

Project Veritas would be all over her SOROS CONNECTIONS.

Aside from his work, which would be (and was) called "race hustling," MLK was no angel, FFS.

SML
08-16-2017, 05:39 PM
Rosa Parks only became a rallying figure in Civil Rights in the first place because Claudette Colvin (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claudette_Colvin) wouldn't have been acceptable to whites.

LWK
08-17-2017, 03:53 AM
White supremacy and the KKK are poisonous and evil ideologies. It is inherently evil to hate and terrorize people for being a different culture or race.

Evil Wasabi
08-17-2017, 09:10 AM
White supremacy and the KKK are poisonous and evil ideologies. It is inherently evil to hate and terrorize people for being a different culture or race.

This is why I don't think the normal conservatives are attending these protests. Chants of "blood and soil" would make most of them turn and walk away. As much as people may want to preserve historical posterity, those same people need to fight to preserve their own identity as non-racists - because right now, they are losing it. A lot of once decent conservatives have been sucked into the bigotry by their own loyalty to a party that isn't being loyal back to them (or anyone except the extreme fringe).

I would like to see conservatives return to science and finance. This faith and whiteness crap has failed everyone.

norton9478
08-17-2017, 09:39 AM
White people in rural areas keep voting republican and their lives keep getting shittier and shittier. Yet they keep voting republican.

norton9478
08-17-2017, 09:52 AM
The Liberal Media is totally misrepresenting Trump's remarks.

The president didn't say that there were "good Nazis". In his "good people" remarks, he was talking about the people who weren't Nazis or Clansmen and merely showed up at a "Unite the Right" rally and marched alongside Neo-Nazis and Clansman.

I really wish the Media would stop misrepresenting the president's remarks.

Evil Wasabi
08-17-2017, 09:56 AM

The president didn't say that there were "good Nazis". In his "good people" remarks, he was talking about the people who weren't Nazis or Clansmen and merely showed up at a "Unite the Right" rally and marched alongside Neo-Nazis and Clansman.

Has anyone located one of those people who was marching alongside the Klan and white nationalists but not part of the "blood and soil" chants?

Hahaha

norton9478
08-17-2017, 10:23 AM
It is kind of like the 4th season of "Orange is the new black".

When you look around and are surrounded by shouting Nazis, time to get out.

LoneSage
08-17-2017, 11:33 AM
White people in rural areas keep voting republican and their lives keep getting shittier and shittier. Yet they keep voting republican.

religion's a helluva drug

norton9478
08-17-2017, 11:48 AM
I wonder if Islamist Jihadists were invited to the "unite the right" rally. Or maybe there just aren't enough of them out there.

lithy
08-17-2017, 12:20 PM
In today's age of Alex Jones InfoWars, Rosa Parks would be defamed harder than anyone else. Look at last weekend when a woman got killed by vehicular homicide, and what springs up on the Ben Shapiro affilate sites? Stories about fat slut libtard hamster killed. You can sit back and pick apart the victims based on the stuff you don't like all day long in any situation. But why?

What I dislike is when any group tries to push another group down. We should be elevating each other, not stepping on the heads of "the other".

I have no problem with any of this.

It seems that the problem is that the people who could help most (white voters) often don't want to hear that some group has a problem regardless. Look at the NFL sports sites comment sections about Kaepernick - somehow these people have become racists simply because Kaepernick peed in the cheerios bowl.

Although there is a rumor that because the DoD sponsors the NFL, certain social media outlets are behind the vile and racist commentaries.

The Kaepernick thing to me is an outgrowth of the unquestioning 'Support Our Troops' magnet ribbon, post-9/11 American fuck yeah, make sports jocks wear camo 50x a year, retard version of patriotism that is being sold to fans. Again, maybe my naivete, but I would think a white player doing the same thing as maybe say an anti-war protest would get the same shit, although he probably wouldn't get called a nigger.

I do wish I understood what your last sentence means. I love a good conspiracy theory.

Lithy I know you know how cops feel about cameras.

+1million about the unreasonable demands for an ideal victim.

Rosa Parks *intentionally* got herself arrested. She attended communist meetings and was a member of the Voter's League. She was a long-time member of the NAACP.

Project Veritas would be all over her SOROS CONNECTIONS.

Aside from his work, which would be (and was) called "race hustling," MLK was no angel, FFS.

Like I said, I'm sure plenty of cops are reticent about more cameras, although we have had dashcams for forever now. Just personal experience, the younger officers in our department were very positive about getting them which honestly surprised me. The chief was initially opposed but after trialing them (claims at least) that he saw the benefit. We only had the one officer who was very opposed.

I think a lot of the issues with police forces in general has a lot more to do with the type of people who become officers. I'm not sure if this is a cause or effect type thing, but it becomes very apparent during interviews or contract negotiations that the middle-ranking officers (much less so with chiefs in my experience and patrolmen are a mixed bag) are type A, alpha male, come at me bro kind of guys. I know prior military experience gets candidates moved to the top of the hiring list in PA, I don't know if that is true everywhere. Hiring soldiers is of course an all but guaranteed way to get cops that act like soldiers in your neighborhood. Not a great method of policing a neighborhood.

As for Parks, you're probably right that with today's hyper-information age, she could be torn down. Again, on the 'ideal victim' argument, I'm not trying to say that it is right, only that I think it holds back just movements from wider acceptance. That's just my perception.

Your last sentence has too many italics for me to decide if there is a hidden joke.

SML
08-17-2017, 12:26 PM
Just realized I'll be eligible to run for president in 2020.

Okay, here's my platform so far.

We're gonna be putting cameras on all the cops. Those cameras will log GPS info. A warrant is needed to be on duty without that shit on and running.

White Supremacy is back on the menu at CVE, obviously.

I'll be directing DoJ to very thoroughly review the administrations of all my predecessors with an eye toward prosecution.

I pledge to reveal my location and surrender to federal authorities peaceably at end of my term.

Lock us Up 2020.

LoneSage
08-17-2017, 12:48 PM
Put galfordo as your VP and you've got my write-in

lithy
08-17-2017, 12:52 PM
SSIA, SMH.

http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/CVE

Chillin Villain Empire?

SteveNK
08-17-2017, 12:56 PM

They don't seem to realise that it lessens any point anyone is trying to make when they lie about it to sensationalise.

wyo
08-17-2017, 01:04 PM

SML
08-17-2017, 01:12 PM
SSIA, SMH.

http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/CVE

Chillin Villain Empire?

Shit, that's even better. There's a cabinet appointment in your future.

Evil Wasabi
08-17-2017, 01:16 PM
I do wish I understood what your last sentence means. I love a good conspiracy theory.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/15611052/nfl-returning-723000-taxpayers-paid-military-tributes

The NFL has to answer to its sponsors.

CaseyTappy
08-17-2017, 01:31 PM
I wonder if Islamist Jihadists were invited to the "unite the right" rally. Or maybe there just aren't enough of them out there.

Looks like they where to busy in Barcelona, they are carrying the corpses away again at the moment .

Naika
08-17-2017, 04:01 PM
*yawn*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P54sP0Nlngg

...and what's this?

[img]https://hw.infowars.com/wp

smokehouse
08-17-2017, 04:35 PM
*yawn*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P54sP0Nlngg

...and what's this?

[img]https://hw.infowars.com/wp

Love the black hardhats...OSHA would approve. I'm surprised they'd wear them though...they're the wrong color.

DevilRedeemed
08-17-2017, 06:40 PM
Just watched the Vice video and scary stuff.
All I know is Charly Manson is behind this. And the internet (hasn't really done much for humanity if it ends up accelerating its own downfall. The Manson bit was a joke).
But seriously, Trump is fucking irresponsible on so many fronts. And he has the balls to say Kim Jong is a nut.
Also how Jewishness and Communism seem to be terms that have fantastical meanings, it would be hilarious if it wasn't so tragic.
What the fuck man...

Naika
08-18-2017, 09:11 AM
Just watched the Vice video and scary stuff.
All I know is Charly Manson is behind this. And the internet (hasn't really done much for humanity if it ends up accelerating its own downfall. The Manson bit was a joke).
But seriously, Trump is fucking irresponsible on so many fronts. And he has the balls to say Kim Jong is a nut.
Also how Jewishness and Communism seem to be terms that have fantastical meanings, it would be hilarious if it wasn't so tragic.
What the fuck man...

It's indeed terrifying. I'm just 2 hours away from Charlottesville and the fact that these asshats came here willingly to incite violence speaks volumes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1VvZjploCI

mjmjr25
08-18-2017, 01:45 PM
I know most folks on this board aren't religious, but I do see a lot of posts that lump all Christians in with hate groups that claim to be part of some church or another, be it Westboro or whoever. I thought there was value in sharing a message from our Bishop in the Methodist Church. (despite popular opinion that most Christians are right wing or republican, the Methodists, Lutherans, and many others are centrist or left in ideology. Evangelical tend to by far right and baptists slight right).

The exec council members of our church received this today. I thought it was very well written and glad it was given to our ministers for guidance during this time. I personally politically am a constitutional conservative, but have found very few areas of agreement with this administration.

Anyways - the letter:

Bishop Bruce R. Ough

My shock, dismay, and grief over the clashes between white supremacy advocates and counter-protesters in Charlottesville, Virginia, continue to grow. I grieve for the lives lost, and pray for the family of Heather Heyer, the families of the two state troopers killed while monitoring the Charlottesville demonstration from the air, and for the healing of all the injured. I am shocked by the blatant resurgence of white nationalism, neo-Nazism, and racially motivated domestic terrorism in the United States. I am dismayed (and frightened) by the animosity, division, extremism, and evil that is spiraling out of control in the U.S.
Let there be no excuses or political justification for the evil that was on full display in Charlottesville last Saturday. Nor let us forget that many such displays of white supremacy, racism, and hatred go unreported or under-reported in many places. White supremacist and neo-Nazi ideologies are abhorrent and entirely inconsistent with the Christian faith.
Jesus called his followers to “love your neighbor.” It is clear this key spiritual imperative means all neighbors without regard to race, color, religion, or national origin. And, Paul taught that “enmities, strife, jealousy, anger, quarrels, dissensions, and factions” are among many works of the flesh that are antithetical to the kingdom of God. “By contrast, the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control” (Galatians 5: 19-23). These works of the Spirit lead to peace-making and the kingdom of God.
The Social Principles of our United Methodist Church are a clarion call and powerful witness in times such as these. “We affirm that no identity or culture has more legitimacy than any other. We call the Church to challenge any hierarchy of cultures or identities” (Para. 161A, The Nurturing Community, page 110, 2016 Book of Discipline). And, from Para. 162A The Social Community, page 120: “Racism, manifested as sin, plagues and hinders our relationship with Christ, inasmuch as it is antithetical to the gospel itself … Therefore, we recognize racism as sin and affirm the ultimate and temporal worth of all persons … We commit as the Church to move beyond symbolic expressions and representative models that do not challenge unjust systems of power and access.”
Martin Luther King, Jr. echoed a similar sentiment when he challenged the United States to transform the thin paper of the Declaration of Independence that affirms the self-evident truth “that all men are created equal, are endowed with certain inalienable rights” into thick action.
I pray that the shock, dismay, and grief of Charlottesville will be a turning point for the U.S. and even our global United Methodist Church. We share collective responsibility to turn our thin words into thick action. We share collective responsibility to break our silence. We share collective responsibility to restore health to the communities and relationship out of which extremism, hatred, and racism grow. We share collective responsibility, as followers of the Prince of Peace, to create non-violent communities where people with different political and religious views respect each other. We share responsibility to articulate the vision of the Beloved Community where no person feels endangered on account of their social, racial or cultural identity.
This collective responsibility begins by each of us examining our own hearts for the prejudice that contributes to attitudes of supremacy or hatred, or to violence, or silence or fear. Peacemaking and reconciliation always begins within.
This is the moment for The United Methodist Church and all peoples of faith to be bold in our witness against racism and white supremacy. The vision of the Beloved Community lies not behind us, but before us. I urge us to pray for the Holy Spirit to break through and work through The United Methodist Church to heal our broken world and make tangible, visible the kingdom on earth as it is in heaven.
Bishop Bruce R. Ough
President, Council of Bishops
The United Methodist Church

Neodogg
08-18-2017, 03:51 PM
I know most folks on this board aren't religious, but I do see a lot of posts that lump all Christians in with hate groups that claim to be part of some church or another, be it Westboro or whoever. I thought there was value in sharing a message from our Bishop in the Methodist Church. (despite popular opinion that most Christians are right wing or republican, the Methodists, Lutherans, and many others are centrist or left in ideology. Evangelical tend to by far right and baptists slight right).

The exec council members of our church received this today. I thought it was very well written and glad it was given to our ministers for guidance during this time. I personally politically am a constitutional conservative, but have found very few areas of agreement with this administration.

Anyways - the letter:

Interesting read and POV...I'll just say Presbyterians are the Jews of the Protestants.

Tripredacus
08-21-2017, 02:47 PM
Interesting note, it seems any videos about this you watch on Youtube, you can see their "fake news" thing in full effect. No matter which one you watch (even try finding a video by a conspiracy theory guy or those weird Christian Numerology cult people) and you see all the suggested videos to watch next are only from "checkmarked" main stream news channels. It used to be that if you watched a video from a fringe channel or subject, the suggested videos would let you fall further down the rabbit hole until your head exploded.

Evil Wasabi
08-21-2017, 04:38 PM
I personally politically am a constitutional conservative, but have found very few areas of agreement with this administration.

Not sure how any constitutional conservative would be surprised that they don't agree with a GOP administration.

Poppy
08-22-2017, 03:39 AM

Anyways - the letter:

Thanks for this

If you voted for this and are surprised then, I'm sorry.

Poison Sama
08-31-2017, 02:52 PM
https://i.imgur.com/o1aFW0s.png

Evil Wasabi
08-31-2017, 03:41 PM
I really hope you found that on Gelbooru.

Poison Sama
08-31-2017, 07:15 PM
I really hope you found that on Gelbooru.

Sadly, I did not. I got it from some random IRC channel I'm in.

lachlan
09-01-2017, 08:37 AM
I like it.

LoneSage
09-02-2017, 01:31 PM
What a shame this has absolutely killed Charlottesville's reputation. Good Virginian city. When people think Birmingham, they think Birmingham riots. Now when people think Charlottesville, they'll think Charlottesville Nazis.

Lukejaywalker23
09-03-2017, 12:24 PM
If you show up to protest in riot gear and counter protest in helmets and bandanas to hide your identity/ cover face from tear gas, you probably shouldn't be protesting. So much fucking hate

Evil Wasabi
09-04-2017, 06:01 PM
If you show up to protest in riot gear and counter protest in helmets and bandanas to hide your identity/ cover face from tear gas, you probably shouldn't be protesting. So much fucking hate

Tell us more about hate.

Tripredacus
09-05-2017, 02:56 PM
Hate leads to suffering?

norton9478
09-06-2017, 01:19 AM
I hate racists.

https://media.giphy.com/media/gQmyUokrbbSpy/giphy.gif

Evil Wasabi
09-06-2017, 09:46 AM
I hate racists.

https://media.giphy.com/media/gQmyUokrbbSpy/giphy.gif

How do you feel about racist dog whistles (look above for an example in the post I quoted)

Poppy
09-07-2017, 03:34 AM
How do you feel about racist dog whistles (look above for an example in the post I quoted)

Good people on both sides. But so much hate, so much. On both sides

EVLNEOGEO
09-07-2017, 05:40 AM

I'm pretty sure the Islamic Extremists will vastly out number the right wing extremists.

Another thing I wanted to ask was for all you yanks, in school do they teach you the Americans bought slaves from their own black slave owners or are you taught that the white race invented slavery?

Evil Wasabi
09-07-2017, 06:50 AM
I'm pretty sure the Islamic Extremists will vastly out number the right wing extremists.

But currently the violent white supremacists outnumber the islamic extremists.

norton9478
09-07-2017, 08:36 AM

The point was that Islamist Extremists ARE RIGHT WING EXTREMISTS*

*With very, very very few exceptions.

norton9478
09-07-2017, 08:39 AM
If you show up to protest in riot gear and counter protest in helmets and bandanas to hide your identity/ cover face from tear gas,

That is because the White Supremacists brought the tear gas.
http://wtvr.com/2017/08/23/white-nationalist-accused-of-using-tear-gas-turns-himself-in/

norton9478
09-07-2017, 08:47 AM
Another thing I wanted to ask was for all you yanks, in school do they teach you the Americans bought slaves from their own black slave owners or are you taught that the white race invented slavery?

Perhaps it is mentioned.
But the lessons mostly focus on the decrepit conditions of the holding areas, the rigors of passage, the experience of sale, the hard working conditions, the breaking of families, the maltreatment and everything else*.

But maybe they should talk more about the fact that Africans acted as brokers in Africa. Because you know, that makes everything the "White Race" did okay.

*Note: unless you go to school in Texas:
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/06/us/publisher-promises-revisions-after-textbook-refers-to-african-slaves-as-workers.html

Evil Wasabi
09-07-2017, 08:52 AM
Perhaps it is mentioned.
But the lessons mostly focus on the decrepit conditions of the holding areas, the rigors of passage, the experience of sale, the hard working conditions, the breaking of families, the maltreatment and everything else*.

But maybe they should talk more about the fact that Africans acted as brokers in Africa. Because you know, that makes everything the "White Race" did okay.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/06/us/publisher-promises-revisions-after-textbook-refers-to-african-slaves-as-workers.html

It's like saying that some of the asian and eastern european child prostitutes were sold into slavery by their parents. That guy wants to absolve the pedos and the pimps.

EVLNEOGEO
09-07-2017, 10:03 AM
But currently the violent white supremacists outnumber the islamic extremists.

Well that's straight up incorrect, look at the statistics that involve Muslim extremists worldwide vs any of form of extremism stemming from any other ideology again worldwide, Islam leads the way.

Article here and source data is available.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/450-of-452-suicide-attacks-in-2015-were-by-muslim-extremists-study-shows/

EVLNEOGEO
09-07-2017, 10:07 AM
Perhaps it is mentioned.

Its not about absolving people of responsibility, it is just that context is detrimental to a persons grasp of what slavery actually was and it's origins.

LoneSage
09-07-2017, 10:20 AM
Well that's straight up incorrect, look at the statistics that involve Muslim extremists worldwide vs any of form of extremism stemming from any other ideology again worldwide, Islam leads the way.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/450-of-452-suicide-attacks-in-2015-were-by-muslim-extremists-study-shows/

He meant in America, not worldwide.

EVLNEOGEO
09-07-2017, 10:33 AM
Is that even correct though? Is their any data to justify that's even the case in America?

norton9478
09-07-2017, 10:35 AM
Its not about absolving people of responsibility, it is just that context is detrimental to a persons grasp of what slavery actually was and it's origins.

Please do tell.

EVLNEOGEO
09-07-2017, 10:49 AM
Well I just find it interesting because I have spoke to people about the origins of slavery and enough to be concerned seem to think it started in America and was the white races original conception, which it was not.

I don't really think anyone owes anyone anything for mistakes in the past that were made by others.

For example, I recently met a German and he apologised about WW2. I felt sorry for him in the same way I feel sorry for people who think Trump is a Neo Nazi apologist.

We had a similar 180 in the UK recently, we had Corbyn, he was not willing to out right denounce the IRA bombings and just condemned acts of terror, he was hailed as a peace warrior! Trump does the same and people point calling him a Nazi.

Evil Wasabi
09-07-2017, 12:00 PM
How does one translate "white privilege" into UK English?

SteveNK
09-07-2017, 01:05 PM
For example, I recently met a German and he apologised about WW2. I felt sorry for him in the same way I feel sorry for people who think Trump is a Neo Nazi apologist.

Let's be honest, this didn't happen, you're just pretending a sketch from a 90s comedy is real life.

We had a similar 180 in the UK recently, we had Corbyn, he was not willing to out right denounce the IRA bombings and just condemned acts of terror, he was hailed as a peace warrior! Trump does the same and people point calling him a Nazi.

Corbyn saying both extremist sides in the Ireland crisis should be condemned for the terrorist bombings they carried out is not the same as saying people who protest extremism are as bad as the extremists.

NexusX
09-07-2017, 02:12 PM
I really don't have a problem with these statues being taken down. Robert E. Lee was the general of an army that was at war with the United States, in which over 360,000 of *our* soldiers were killed because the southern states weren't willing to stop ENSLAVING an entire race of people. Fuck Robert E. Lee. What if Yaphank, NY (http://www.haaretz.com/us-news/.premium-1.794034) had a statue of fucking Erwin Rommel in the town square? Or if in Japantown in SF there was a stature of Hideki Tojo? That would be cool because it was a part of history? Why do the southern states get this free pass to hang on to confederate bullshit? Fuck that.

As much as I want to agree with people holding the right to speak their mind on what they think is BS once you start to tear down monuments you start to tear down history and you are doomed to forget it then repeat it. Regardless on what you think is good or bad of past actions or people those monuments remind us of the history behind them and provoke thought as to the events of such things. You don't see Italians tearing down the Coliseum (or Roman Rulers that caused great suffering) in Rome do you? No you do not. It is not only a historical marker for the city it is a reminder of what society can do once bad choices are made. I can not help but seeing that in all this tearing down of statues that apparently promoted suffering or wrongdoing that the Sherman (Union) statue was left alone.... The man had a scorched earth march in The South that directly caused suffering to the civilian population.

It is very true "history is written by the victors", and if you don't understand that then having even more history torn down you are doomed to loose that knowledge and context.
Verbally damn whatever actions or history you want but don't go about physically erasing it.

SML
09-07-2017, 02:15 PM
Is that even correct though? Is their any data to justify that's even the case in America?

Their is, my friend, their is. The data makes it's home here (http://www.snopes.com/2017/06/07/threat-extremists-more/). But Snopes has had a liberal bug up they're ass ever since are President started running.

SML
09-07-2017, 02:19 PM
once you start to tear down monuments you start to tear down history and you are doomed to forget it then repeat it.

1. Show your work.

2. History teaches us that we never learn from history.

NexusX
09-07-2017, 02:24 PM
1. Show your work.

2. History teaches us that we never learn from history.

1. You really want me to go into detail of Sherman's March?

2. We don't learn from history because we forget it.

wyo
09-07-2017, 02:25 PM
As much as I want to agree with people holding the right to speak their mind on what they think is BS once you start to tear down monuments you start to tear down history and you are doomed to forget it then repeat it. Regardless on what you think is good or bad of past actions or people those monuments remind us of the history behind them and provoke thought as to the events of such things. You don't see Italians tearing down the Coliseum (or Roman Rulers that caused great suffering) in Rome do you? No you do not. It is not only a historical marker for the city it is a reminder of what society can do once bad choices are made. I can not help but seeing that in all this tearing down of statues that apparently promoted suffering or wrongdoing that the Sherman (Union) statue was left alone.... The man had a scorched earth march in The South that directly caused suffering to the civilian population.

It is very true "history is written by the victors", and if you don't understand that then having even more history torn down you are doomed to loose that knowledge and context.
Verbally damn whatever actions or history you want but don't go about physically erasing it.

You are completely bypassing the fact that many of these statues and monuments were not erected to honor the past. They were implicitly intended as a thumb in the eye of the civil rights movement and to make sure "niggers" knew their place as second class citizens in the eyes of the law.

SML
09-07-2017, 02:30 PM

I want you to explain why memory depends on monuments, for a start.

Hope you're doing okay in Houston. I used to live in Independence Heights.

NexusX
09-07-2017, 02:59 PM
You are completely bypassing the fact that many of these statues and monuments were not erected to honor the past. They were implicitly intended as a thumb in the eye of the civil rights movement and to make sure "niggers" knew their place as second class citizens in the eyes of the law.

Its not about having to "honor the past". It is about remembering why they were erected to begin with. Regardless about WHAT the reason for the creation for them was.... it is about destroying that history and information. Lets take the stance that they were erected as " a thumb in the eye of the civil rights movement". Now that those are taken down your are tearing down history (including the history as to why they were erected) and people will forget that it took place in the first place therefore cheapening the context of civil rights.
I will ask again... Why doesn't ROME or ANY OTHER city tear down historical statues and monuments designed to be a reminder of superiority of their day?

1. It is part of history and you should not sweep it under the rug.
2. Having those things there keeps the rights (and wrongs) of society in the mindset of its people.

NexusX
09-07-2017, 03:13 PM
I want you to explain why memory depends on monuments, for a start.

Hope you're doing okay in Houston. I used to live in Independence Heights.

Memories?... No
Reminders?...Yes

Any thing can simply be written down and recorded but as the average person walking down the street drinking a cup of coffee what do you think is more impactful?

1 Words written in a textbook.
or
2. A giant statue or monument that dwarfs you as a person and makes you think "why did the people of the day take such effort in building this?".

How often do you see words in a textbook over your daily landmarks in your community? So what provokes more thought and reminders of the past to put into real world context for you to touch?

As far as Houston goes...
Houstonians are strong. We get knocked down then we get up, dust ourselves off, get to the work of fixing what is broken. The communities all over the city are helping each other where needed. Thank you for asking.

smokehouse
09-07-2017, 03:32 PM
The point was that Islamist Extremists ARE RIGHT WING EXTREMISTS*

*With very, very very few exceptions.

I was going to say...pretty much any religious extremist would fall under the category of "far-right wing"...wouldn't they?

Not too much accepting or liberal about an Islamist extremist.

Evil Wasabi
09-07-2017, 03:52 PM
Let's be honest, this didn't happen, you're just pretending a sketch from a 90s comedy is real life.

I always tell my family not to mention the war when my brother-in-law stops by.

LegoSlug
09-07-2017, 05:24 PM

LOL times of israel, did you read the article. I'm gonna go ahead and quote:

"Which terror attacks we define as suicide attacks and which we do not. My own definition includes all terror attacks that were perpetrated by a suicide bomber who carried explosive material on his person or on a mobile platform. They are planted inside or sent to the targets, and their certain deaths define them as suicides. In other words, the definition does not include 壮acrifice attacks of various kinds, or people wielding knives or scissors.

Very specific definition, rules out a lot of attacks perpetrated by other groups. It would be like saying, japanese people lead the way in committing harikiri study finds.

Not saying that islamic terrorist do not lead the way, after all islam is the worlds largest religion. I would expect it all things being equal. Just saying the data is greatly skewed by its own definition of what is considered a terror attack.

norton9478
09-07-2017, 07:55 PM
Can someone tell me why Balitmore would have a monument of Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson? Neither had any real ties to Maryland. Maryland was officially neutral but Union Occupied territory during the Civil War. But yet, they have/had a statue of Jackson and Lee. Why?

We have Peter King who provide support to the IRA but freaks out about terrorism all the time.

I was going to say...pretty much any religious extremist would fall under the category of "far-right wing"...wouldn't they?

Not too much accepting or liberal about an Islamist extremist.

There are (or have been) plenty of left wing religious extremist and/or militant groups. But not nearly as many. Jim Jones, A band Of Marxist Islamist in the Philippines.

norton9478
09-07-2017, 07:56 PM

Nearly any monuments to Sherman should be removed.

norton9478
09-07-2017, 07:57 PM
Its not about having to "honor the past". It is about remembering why they were erected to begin with. Regardless about WHAT the reason for the creation for them was.... it is about destroying that history and information. Lets take the stance that they were erected as " a thumb in the eye of the civil rights movement". Now that those are taken down your are tearing down history (including the history as to why they were erected) and people will forget that it took place in the first place therefore cheapening the context of civil rights.
I will ask again... Why doesn't ROME or ANY OTHER city tear down historical statues and monuments designed to be a reminder of superiority of their day?

2. Having those things there keeps the rights (and wrongs) of society in the mindset of its people.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/Qovh4AFnGLwVG/200.webp#1-grid1

Evil Wasabi
09-07-2017, 08:03 PM
Can someone tell me why Balitmore would have a monument of Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson? Neither had any real ties to Maryland. Maryland was officially neutral but Union Occupied territory during the Civil War. But yet, they have/had a statue of Jackson and Lee. Why?

Mayor Rawlings-Blake directed that interpretative plaques be placed in front of all of the monuments. The plaques were installed December 3, 2016. The interpretative plaque installed in front of the Lee Jackson Monument states the following:

RECONCILING HISTORY
Baltimore's Confederate Monuments

Lee Jackson Monument

This monument was a gift from prominent Baltimore banker J. Henry Ferguson, who left funds in his will for the City of Baltimore to create a monument to his childhood heroes, Robert E. Lee and Thomas J. “Stonewall” Jackson. Ferguson died in 1928, but due to the Great Depression and World War II, the monument was not dedicated until 1948.

Sculpted by Laura Gardin Fraser, this rare double equestrian monument depicts Lee and Jackson departing for the Battle of Chancellorsville, in Virginia. These two men became subjects of the Lost Cause movement which portrayed them as Christian soldiers and even as men who opposed slavery. Today current scholarship refutes these claims. These larger-than-life representations of Lee and Jackson helped perpetuate the Lost Cause ideology, which advocated for white supremacy, portrayed slavery as benign and justified secession.

In the same period that this monument was installed, Baltimore City continued to enforce racial segregation housing ordinances and deed covenants, continued to support segregation policies in public spaces and programs, and unequally funded African American school budgets, infrastructure improvements, and public programs.
In 2015, Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake appointed a Special Commission to Review Baltimore’s Public Confederate Monuments to provide recommendations based on informed decisions and citizen input on how to address Baltimore’s monuments that honor the Confederacy and the Lost Cause movement. This Commission concluded that this monument was part of a movement to perpetuate the beliefs of white supremacy, falsify history, and support segregation and racial intimidation.

This plaque serves to inform the public on the history of Baltimore's Confederate monuments. For more information, please review the Special Commission to Review Baltimore's Public Confederate Monuments Report to Mayor Rawlings-Blake located at www.chap.baltimorecity.gov

Evil Wasabi
09-07-2017, 08:08 PM

Why not put down your tiki torch and build a statue of Hitler, because you want to remind people not only of the rights, but also the wrongs.

norton9478
09-07-2017, 10:25 PM
Keeping "Lost cause" monuments aren't about preserving history, they are about preserving public displays of Historiography. And Historiography is an academic discipline that doesn't need monuments on public display.

NexusX
09-07-2017, 11:52 PM
Why not put down your tiki torch and build a statue of Hitler, because you want to remind people not only of the rights, but also the wrongs.

Damn right I want to remind people of the wrongs as well. If you dont remember the lessons of the past you will repeat it. I am never a fan of ignoring or erasing history in the mind of people.

norton9478
09-08-2017, 01:36 AM

What exactly are the origins of Slavery? I mean that shit is older than recorded history.

But Chattel Slavery?
That's a European thing.

norton9478
09-08-2017, 01:37 AM
Damn right I want to remind people of the wrongs as well. If you dont remember the lessons of the past you will repeat it. I am never a fan of ignoring or erasing history in the mind of people.

The entire function of the Lost Cause movement was to erase history.

Why didn't Longstreet get any monuments? Because the white supremacists blamed him for the loss of the war.

Poppy
09-08-2017, 02:04 AM

2. We don't learn from history because we forget it.

Whatever, Texas noob.

I'm from Tennessee and I could join the sons of the confederacy if I felt like it.

You're wrong for one simple reason. You say by tearing down statues of slavers and militant racists we're doomed to forget history.

How about the ensuing riots, first degree murder, social unrest, ET FUCKING CETERA? Are we gonna forget about that, fuckhead?

Sorry about your city. I really am. And I'm sorry about your state being an anti intellectual racist cesspool,just like Tennessee. But you're playing into their hand bigly.

Sylvie
09-08-2017, 02:50 AM
i would just like to add that we aren't fucking cavemen and we are no longer limited to seeing stone figures and fingerpaintings on cave walls in order to "remember and honor our history no matter whut *spitoon*"

stupid hillbilly fuck

you can literally go and archive tons of photos and articles and textbook scans about it, upload it to a $20 android tablet, turn it off, and put it in a box so you can read it in your bomb shelter when Donald Trump hits the big red button or whatever

norton9478
09-08-2017, 04:17 AM
Sorry about your city. I really am. And I'm sorry about your state being an anti intellectual racist cesspool,just like Tennessee. But you're playing into their hand bigly.

There's always Austin.

Evil Wasabi
09-08-2017, 07:38 AM
Whatever, Texas noob.

I'm from Tennessee and I could join the sons of the confederacy if I felt like it.

You're wrong for one simple reason. You say by tearing down statues of slavers and militant racists we're doomed to forget history.

How about the ensuing riots, first degree murder, social unrest, ET FUCKING CETERA? Are we gonna forget about that, fuckhead?

If I wanted to, I could join the sons of the confederacy as well. I can also join sons of the american revolution. Seriously.

But I have been too busy with the 40 dust club lately.

NexusX
09-08-2017, 10:00 AM

Yes... all those things you listed will probably be forgotten and left in a dusty textbook in a generation or two. Gone from the daily reminders of the past from the public those actions from the past will fade into obscurity in the public mind. I have already stated that I don't care WHY the statues and monuments were erected. Good, bad, it doesn't matter. The point that is being made is that they are physical reminders of the thoughts and mindsets of the people that came before us, and we can move forward seeing the rights and wrongs of those people. I don't want to go down the path of Germany where any mention of Natzis is taboo and downright illegal in some cases. We must be reminded that our past actions DID happen. We should not be shamed into not talking about it like it's some taboo to say that people before us lived by those views and lifestyle. They are reminders of what we were not what we are. So we move forward with the reminders and mindset to improve our society better than the last... but not erase its physical existance of those things.

Poppy
09-08-2017, 10:07 AM
You're fucking retarded.

I'm pretty sure the Nazi's haven't been forgotten by anyone.

And I agree that Germany and England are fucking garbage states with no access to guns or free speech. But you're still wrong.

Evil Wasabi
09-08-2017, 10:09 AM
Yes... all those things you listed will probably be forgotten and left in a dusty textbook in a generation or two. Gone from the daily reminders of the past from the public those actions from the past will fade into obscurity in the public mind. I have already stated that I don't care WHY the statues and monuments were erected. Good, bad, it doesn't matter. The point that is being made is that they are physical reminders of the thoughts and mindsets of the people that came before us, and we can move forward seeing the rights and wrongs of those people. I don't want to go down the path of Germany where any mention of Natzis is taboo and downright illegal in some cases. We must be reminded that our past actions DID happen. We should not be shamed into not talking about it like it's some taboo to say that people before us lived by those views and lifestyle. They are reminders of what we were not what we are. So we move forward with the reminders and mindset to improve our society better than the last... but not erase its physical existance of those things.

Does not sompute.

Leaving statues of white supremacists along the south does not compel whites to be better but to sympathize with the mentality and possibly adopt the mentality that slave owning was fine, that the rape and degradation of blacks was okay.

Poppy
09-08-2017, 10:20 AM
Can't spell or punctuate. Doesn't use paragraphs.

Texas public schools? Or private evangelical education?

Hard to guess.

NexusX
09-08-2017, 10:25 AM
Can't spell or punctuate. Doesn't use paragraphs.

Texas public schools? Or private evangelical education?

Hard to guess.

So I guess you have no other counter argument other than grammar problems on an internet forum? Such deep thought from you...

CaseyTappy
09-08-2017, 10:27 AM
“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”

― George Orwell, 1984

lachlan
09-08-2017, 10:31 AM
How does one translate "white privilege" into UK English?

'British Empire'

NexusX
09-08-2017, 10:47 AM
Does not sompute.

Leaving statues of white supremacists along the south does not compel whites to be better but to sympathize with the mentality and possibly adopt the mentality that slave owning was fine, that the rape and degradation of blacks was okay.

Then I will bring it back to the original statement of other cultures. Do you see Rome removing and tearing down the Coliseum because slavery wasn't right? Do you see Rome tearing down statues of leaders that clearly had supremacist views on the "Lesser" people outside of the Roman culture? Do these monuments and statues justify those views to its citizens?
We know the awnser to that is NO. They are reminders of the past that the people can look back on and see past accomplishments as well as mistakes in ideologies and actions.

Evil Wasabi
09-08-2017, 11:59 AM
I don't really care what other countries do.

There is also a huge difference between the colliseums in Italy, where everyone could be a slave, regardless of ethnicity

And General Robert E Lee, who fought to keep all blacks in chains, to be raped and killed at the whim of white people.

A better comparison would be the colliseum in rome to a slave quarters on an old plantation.

Neither was made to glorify slavery, but they were connected to the practice.

A comparison to the confederate statues would be if Capua had postmortemly commissioned a statue of Battiatus, who owned Spartacus and many other slaves.

NexusX
09-08-2017, 12:11 PM
I don't really care what other countries do.

There is also a huge difference between the colliseums in Italy, where everyone could be a slave, regardless of ethnicity

And General Robert E Lee, who fought to keep all blacks in chains, to be raped and killed at the whim of white people.

So you are putting one enslaved person above another? Is that what you are saying?

Poppy
09-08-2017, 12:12 PM
So I guess you have no other counter argument other than grammar problems on an internet forum? Such deep thought from you...

I hate Texas. I really want Texas to succeed and I'm not kidding at all. It's an evangelical shithole and an unbelievable drain on the rest of the country in multiple ways.

If it succeeded, Texas could be the hellish prison state so many people seem to want to live in. We could send them all to Texas and it would be like mad max.

Tripredacus
09-08-2017, 12:16 PM
i would just like to add that we aren't fucking cavemen and we are no longer limited to seeing stone figures and fingerpaintings on cave walls in order to "remember and honor our history

Yeah. Tear it all down. We got wikipedia now.

lachlan
09-08-2017, 12:20 PM
So you are putting one enslaved person above another? Is that what you are saying?

lol you're getting a concrete dildo shoved up your ass hopefully.

Evil Wasabi
09-08-2017, 12:21 PM

I am saying your comparison was a complete failure,

Just like the white supremacy you desperately seek to protect

Like a family heirloom.

NexusX
09-08-2017, 12:34 PM
I hate Texas. I really want Texas to succeed and I'm not kidding at all. It's an evangelical shithole and an unbelievable drain on the rest of the country in multiple ways.

If it succeeded, Texas could be the hellish prison state so many people seem to want to live in. We could send them all to Texas and it would be like mad max.

1. I am an Atheist... so crazy evangelicals really do not influence me. Lol

2. Ya... I find it funny that you think that Texas could not leave The Union and survive. We have the objective infrastructure, population, and industrial economy to do so. So come back to that topic when your own state has it's own power grid all to itself. That is off topic though. Lol.

3. I have still yet to see a proper counter argument or statment from you on the topic beyond your "Texas is so gay and backwards" statments. You already out of constructive discussion information?

Evil Wasabi
09-08-2017, 12:39 PM
3. I have still yet to see a proper counter argument or statment from you on the topic beyond

Nice misdirection.

NexusX
09-08-2017, 12:41 PM
I am saying your comparison was a complete failure,

Just like the white supremacy you desperately seek to protect

Like a family heirloom.

When have I ever promoted white supremacy? Is it because I disagree with a statue being taken down? Of course not. The entire discussion has been about me remembering the wrongs of white supremacy by keeping the statues up not championing those ideals. So if you want to try to discredit anything that I've said just by throwing out a buzzword on me.... you should actually read what I've been saying and not what you think I am protecting. I think that 1984 quote that somebody posted recently can go in a multitude of different ways it just depends on your perspective. You just have to view it from both sides of an argument. I would rather have people remember the argument than forget that it ever happened.

Evil Wasabi
09-08-2017, 12:48 PM
When have I ever promoted white supremacy? Is it because I disagree with a statue being taken down? Of course not. The entire discussion has been about me remembering the wrongs of white supremacy by keeping the statues up not championing those ideals. So if you want to try to discredit anything that I've said just by throwing out a buzzword on me.... you should actually read what I've been saying and not what you think I am protecting. I think that 1984 quote that somebody posted recently can go in a multitude of different ways it just depends on your perspective. You just have to view it from both sides of an argument. I would rather have people remember the argument than forget that it ever happened.

How are those statues helping you remember the horrors of the slave states, when the statues falsely glorify scum like Lee and Jackson? Someone needs to commission a statue of Hitler fucking the statue of liberty and put it across the street from your family home. You gotta remember the good and the bad. Even though the statue is a ridiculous display glorifying an enemy of the US, you need to remember history.

Read your posts and tell me again how you aren't supporting white supremacy.

Poppy
09-08-2017, 12:53 PM
1. I am an Atheist... so crazy evangelicals really do not influence me. Lol

2. Ya... I find it funny that you think that Texas could not leave The Union and survive. We have the objective infrastructure, population, and industrial economy to do so. So come back to that topic when your own state has it's own power grid all to itself. That is off topic though. Lol.

3. I have still yet to see a proper counter argument or statment from you on the topic beyond your "Texas is so gay and backwards" statments. You already out of constructive discussion information?

I already made my point. It's pretty simple. You'll find it on the previous page.

Now I'm insulting you personally because you're a mongoloid shitposter.

Lmao Texas surviving on it's own. JJ Watt didn't pay for your city to be rebuilt dumbfuck. Hell I even saw the sovereign nation of Qatar donated several million. That's cool. They are into modern slavery just like the sovereign nation of Texas would be if it existed.

lachlan
09-08-2017, 12:54 PM

ROBERT E LEE!!!

NexusX
09-08-2017, 01:36 PM
How are those statues helping you remember the horrors of the slave states, when the statues falsely glorify scum like Lee and Jackson? Someone needs to commission a statue of Hitler fucking the statue of liberty and put it across the street from your family home. You gotta remember the good and the bad. Even though the statue is a ridiculous display glorifying an enemy of the US, you need to remember history.

Read your posts and tell me again how you aren't supporting white supremacy.

1. I never said nor suggested that someone build a statue of Hitler. The discussion was never about our modern society today building things. It was about tearing the old monuments down. People seem to be ripping down these statues with just as much hate as they say that these statues personify.

2. I am not the one that just made a comparison that one people being enslaved should be viewed differently than another. White, Black, Asian, Latino... a slave is still a slave. For you to say that you care about the condition of one group of slaves over another is bigotry in itself. You condemned one but not the other?

3. You don't care about other countries? If your location from your profile is accurate then you are in St. Petersburg, Russia. Are you an American citizen that is in Russia at the moment? Because if you "don't care about other countries" then why are you.
A. Living in another one right now an you are a US citizen.
Or
B. A non-US citizen outside of the US commenting on a country that they don't live in and they suddenly say they care about what the US has historically done but not others? That is laughable by the way.

Way to judge people over others... just like you say one group of slaves should be cared for more over another.

So if you have never lived in the US I find it hard for you to understand the context of what is going on beyond following the same "party line" as the people yelling to take these statues down.

And you are forgetting that they were not enemies to Americans.... they ARE Americans. They followed their home state more than the federal government. Even the Union citizens as well as confederates said they were from (insert home state here) instead of the Confederacy or Union. That is the context that you really are forgetting.

If you really think that a man is defined by one attribute then you are sorely mistaken. If you want to damn all of those that champion slavery fine condemn those actions but don't think that that was all that slave owners were about. Many of our founding fathers were slave owners but you don't see anyone taking those monuments down now do you? Why not take them down as well?It is because we all know that people are much more complicated than that.

Poppy
09-08-2017, 01:46 PM
Tl;Dr

You're wasting your time bigly.

I read up to this gem

People seem to be ripping down these statues with just as much hate as they say that these statues personify.

This dumb fuck is gonna post hyper pepe frog memes any minute.

norton9478
09-08-2017, 02:16 PM
Anyone comparing the removal of a statue to 1984 has a pretty piss poor understanding of the work.

NexusX
09-08-2017, 02:18 PM
Tl;Dr

You're wasting your time bigly.

I read up to this gem

This dumb fuck is gonna post hyper pepe frog memes any minute.

Sorry to disappoint you but I do not post memes. I find that posting relevant information rather than insults for someone is much more effective and creditable in a discussion. When you get some of that hit me up. I will be here ready to continue the discussion if you so choose to. Even if Godwin's Law has already been activated.

norton9478
09-08-2017, 02:19 PM
. They followed their home state more than the federal government. Even the Union citizens as well as confederates said they were from (insert home state here) instead of the Confederacy or Union. That is the context that you really are forgetting.

The funny thing is that several monuments specifically honor people who died for the CSA.

norton9478
09-08-2017, 02:21 PM
. Even if Godwin's Law has already been activated.

"Godwin's Law" doesn't count when you are talking about actual Nazis.

mjmjr25
09-08-2017, 02:47 PM
Any statue, any memorial, has the ability to offend someone. I tend to agree they shouldn't be on public lands and funded with public dollars. I personally find statues pretty silly, but what's happening in America right now is America at it's best. Passionate conversation to keep a status quo or bring about change.

Meanwhile, in ever progressive Minnesota - it's out with Columbus...and in with The Artist.
http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/09/06/petition-columbus-statute-prince/

Evil Wasabi
09-08-2017, 02:49 PM
1. I never said nor suggested that someone build a statue of Hitler. The discussion was never about our modern society today building things. It was about tearing the old monuments down. People seem to be ripping down these statues with just as much hate as they say that these statues personify.

2. I am not the one that just made a comparison that one people being enslaved should be viewed differently than another. White, Black, Asian, Latino... a slave is still a slave. For you to say that you care about the condition of one group of slaves over another is bigotry in itself. You condemned one but not the other?

3. You don't care about other countries? If your location from your profile is accurate then you are in St. Petersburg, Russia. Are you an American citizen that is in Russia at the moment? Because if you "don't care about other countries" then why are you.
A. Living in another one right now an you are a US citizen.
Or
B. A non-US citizen outside of the US commenting on a country that they don't live in and they suddenly say they care about what the US has historically done but not others? That is laughable by the way.

Way to judge people over others... just like you say one group of slaves should be cared for more over another.

So if you have never lived in the US I find it hard for you to understand the context of what is going on beyond following the same "party line" as the people yelling to take these statues down.

And you are forgetting that they were not enemies to Americans.... they ARE Americans. They followed their home state more than the federal government. Even the Union citizens as well as confederates said they were from (insert home state here) instead of the Confederacy or Union. That is the context that you really are forgetting.

If you really think that a man is defined by one attribute then you are sorely mistaken. If you want to damn all of those that champion slavery fine condemn those actions but don't think that that was all that slave owners were about. Many of our founding fathers were slave owners but you don't see anyone taking those monuments down now do you? Why not take them down as well?It is because we all know that people are much more complicated than that.

You haven't posted relevant information. You're just a white supremacist. Goodbye.

Evil Wasabi
09-08-2017, 02:51 PM
Any statue, any memorial, has the ability to offend someone. I tend to agree they shouldn't be on public lands and funded with public dollars. I personally find statues pretty silly, but what's happening in America right now is America at it's best. Passionate conversation to keep a status quo or bring about change.

Meanwhile, in ever progressive Minnesota - it's out with Columbus...and in with The Artist.
http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/09/06/petition-columbus-statute-prince/

Do you think the white supremacists begging for their statues to stay up

Will be accepting of your lifestyle?

Poppy
09-08-2017, 03:07 PM
Sorry to disappoint you but I do not post memes. I find that posting relevant information rather than insults for someone is much more effective and creditable in a discussion. When you get some of that hit me up. I will be here ready to continue the discussion if you so choose to. Even if Godwin's Law has already been activated.

Welcome to neo hyphen geo dot com, faggot.

You're going to hate it here.

NexusX
09-08-2017, 03:17 PM
You haven't posted relevant information. You're just a white supremacist. Goodbye.

Now Now... name calling never solved anything. Lol

I hope you realize one day that just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean that they are the antithesis of your point of view. The moment you stop communicating is the moment you have lost all hope in understanding that point of view.

Evil Wasabi
09-08-2017, 04:18 PM
Now Now... name calling never solved anything. Lol

I hope you realize one day that just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean that they are the antithesis of your point of view. The moment you stop communicating is the moment you have lost all hope in understanding that point of view.

That's possibly the stupidest thing you have said in this thread.

I disagree with you because you desperately want to keep the symbols that glorify slavery out in the open for all to see. The only lost hope here is for your kind to ever have what your great great grandpappy had.

NexusX
09-08-2017, 04:29 PM
That's possibly the stupidest thing you have said in this thread.

I disagree with you because you desperately want to keep the symbols that glorify slavery out in the open for all to see. The only lost hope here is for your kind to ever have what your great great grandpappy had.

You mean the ones that are from Ireland and the Northern "Yankee" States? Ya because I have to totally protect the genetic heritage that I have here. LOL! I hate to tell you this but I am looking at this in an objective historical manner. Yes I may be part of the "Southern" culture but I have no reason to defend or apologize for my ancestors actions when it comes to fighting for the Confederacy or its ideals in the Civil War.
Just remember that hate makes people blind.... even if that hate is aimed towards other hate in a person's eyes. I hope you see that shoving anger upon someone is not the solution to the problems that you hope to fix.

Evil Wasabi
09-08-2017, 05:00 PM
Yes I may be part of the "Southern" culture but I have no reason to defend or apologize for my ancestors actions when it comes to fighting for the Confederacy or its ideals in the Civil War.

And banned.

Poppy
09-08-2017, 05:14 PM
Orsonwellesclapping.gif

Drink deep and descend, NexusX

The horse is the white of the eyes

And dark, within

Evil Wasabi
09-08-2017, 07:33 PM
Orsonwellesclapping.gif

Drink deep and descend, NexusX

The horse is the white of the eyes

And dark, within

Night falls, morning calls, I caught him with my death bag.

madman
09-08-2017, 08:42 PM
Dude was a worthless fagit anyway.

lithy
09-09-2017, 11:02 AM
I hate Texas. I really want Texas to succeed and I'm not kidding at all.

C'mon poppy, secede! Unless of course you hate them but want them to succeed in spite of your hatred for them.

Evil Wasabi
09-09-2017, 11:20 AM
C'mon poppy, secede! Unless of course you hate them but want them to succeed in spite of your hatred for them.

Succede in secession
Followed by a swift cessation in successes

Rot
09-09-2017, 11:21 AM
I like Chaz... the morality/direction/control.... comes from the top...

I hate rascists/ xenophobes/ the generally ignorant.... I also don't like people who apologise for them...

There is a WAY to argue your point on here... especially when the current active mod team is pretty diverse...

xROTx

PS. Staying on Topic tho...

We had a few marches and demonstrations where I worked recently... English Defence League... etc etc... The Police told us we best just close up...

My staff and myself are not cockasian... so they thought it for the best...

I have NOTHING against teh white folks.... I do have an issue with people who think they are more "Entitled" to breath... no matter WHAT race.. religion.. colour etc etc... you are...

Poppy
09-09-2017, 01:41 PM

Ha!

Lukejaywalker23
09-11-2017, 12:30 PM

What are you implying? Please brake it down for me

Poppy
09-11-2017, 03:34 PM
What are you implying? Please brake it down for me

Lol

NEW CHALLENGER

Lukejaywalker23
09-11-2017, 03:41 PM
Ok

Rot
09-11-2017, 04:07 PM
Ok

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?272369-&%2310026;-MAGICAL-DROP-3-perfect-eng-holo-label-DATA-EAST-&%2310026;&p=4233216&viewfull=1#post4233216

... you just hit my radar...

Lukejaywalker23
09-11-2017, 05:48 PM
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?272369-&%2310026;-MAGICAL-DROP-3-perfect-eng-holo-label-DATA-EAST-&%2310026;&p=4233216&viewfull=1#post4233216

... you just hit my radar...

no PS?

Poppy
09-11-2017, 06:35 PM
no PS?

GARMANBOZIA

K_K
09-13-2017, 06:24 PM

The evangelical shithole you speak of is what's known as Dallas/Ft Worth and the surrounding wealthy, white, privileged, neighborhoods.

San Antonio is northern Mexico. Austin is hipster central. And Houston is new New Orleans.

But all this aside. I grew up there, I love it there, it's a beautiful piece of countryside with a sky that goes on forever, and rolling hills. Crabs on the coast, enchiladas down south, barbecue in the middle. Cactus, coyotes, armadillos, and Eagles. White tail deer, wild pigs, dust, desert, and weather so hot you breathe in and it burns your lungs.

It's a lovely piece of land. True wilderness out there. It's ruined by some of the bigoted, inbred, Alamo hugging hyper Christian, loopers who inhabit the place.

The kinda people who would call me a beaner, or wetback when I was a kid. Kinda people that assume just because you're Hispanic in Texas you're Mexican. The kinda people who drive a giant truck, carry a rifle, and ride a motorcycle without a helmet because they can. The potato chip, beer swilling, back swamp swine that inhabit the south and carry this south shall rise again mentality. Who fuck their sisters, and have massive heart attacks at age 35. The kind of people who hate Mexicans but love burritos. The kind of people that don't embrace the cultural differences in the state, but get mad when they see a quincenera party in the park. Call them rednecks, white trash, or knuckle draggers. They breed like rabbits and indoctrinate their idiot buzz cut kids with the same bullshit. At least when the war was on most of them would sign up for the marines as if it was some kind of privilege and go die in a desert.

SML
09-13-2017, 08:51 PM
You'd love it here if we had skiing.

Poppy
09-13-2017, 09:07 PM
You'd love it here if we had skiing.

I doubt it.

skate323k137
09-13-2017, 09:07 PM
Looks like tonight's south park is going to be about white people with tiki torches...

Poppy
09-13-2017, 11:58 PM
Looks like tonight's south park is going to be about white people with tiki torches...

Oh man it's setting up for some crazy shit.

Lukejaywalker23
09-15-2017, 11:26 AM
The evangelical shithole you speak of is what's known as Dallas/Ft Worth and the surrounding wealthy, white, privileged, neighborhoods.

San Antonio is northern Mexico. Austin is hipster central. And Houston is new New Orleans.

But all this aside. I grew up there, I love it there, it's a beautiful piece of countryside with a sky that goes on forever, and rolling hills. Crabs on the coast, enchiladas down south, barbecue in the middle. Cactus, coyotes, armadillos, and Eagles. White tail deer, wild pigs, dust, desert, and weather so hot you breathe in and it burns your lungs.

It's a lovely piece of land. True wilderness out there. It's ruined by some of the bigoted, inbred, Alamo hugging hyper Christian, loopers who inhabit the place.

The kinda people who would call me a beaner, or wetback when I was a kid. Kinda people that assume just because you're Hispanic in Texas you're Mexican. The kinda people who drive a giant truck, carry a rifle, and ride a motorcycle without a helmet because they can. The potato chip, beer swilling, back swamp swine that inhabit the south and carry this south shall rise again mentality. Who fuck their sisters, and have massive heart attacks at age 35. The kind of people who hate Mexicans but love burritos. The kind of people that don't embrace the cultural differences in the state, but get mad when they see a quincenera party in the park. Call them rednecks, white trash, or knuckle draggers. They breed like rabbits and indoctrinate their idiot buzz cut kids with the same bullshit. At least when the war was on most of them would sign up for the marines as if it was some kind of privilege and go die in a desert.

We also have Z-RO. Best rapper ever!

K_K
09-15-2017, 01:30 PM
I love how in school they try to teach about the Alamo like it was some big Thermopylae moment and these valiant warriors held out. It was a fucking joke to the Mexican army. Marched in, took it, and kept marching. A road apple. They sold it to us as some valiant, brave, war effort. It's was a loss, pure and simple. Then they sold the battle of San Jacinto to us as well like it was some big last push.

They attacked the Mexican army while they were asleep. No honor there, no glory. Just guerilla shit. Fuckin broken ass history class.

Rot
09-15-2017, 02:48 PM
We need more of this in our politics.... (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-41277540)

xROTx

Evil Wasabi
09-15-2017, 03:15 PM
We need more of this in our politics.... (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-41277540)

xROTx

Why?

Rot
09-15-2017, 03:22 PM
Why?

I don't now man... it just seems the political architecture is seriously fooked atm...

Strange times Chaz... Unsure if it's because News is more readily available.... or we are genuinely fooked...

xROTx