MV1C video problem

Khronosi

n00b
I finished wiring my CMVS this morning(MV1C), and after powering it on for the first time, there is obviously an issue. I'm really not sure where to start, but was hoping someone might be able to identify a good starting point? I should mention I was using component output here.

I'm using a Neobitz 2.4 Encoder. The only concern I had prior to powering on was the OE and CE traces(10 and 12) on the board. They were pretty corroded and fragile, and when I was clipping the legs on the stock bios chip to de-solder the legs and install the Unibios, the trace at pin 10 almost came off the board. Could a BIOS issue be responsible for this output?

Thank you all for any input!

Attachments

• MV1C Video.gif
    MV1C Video.gif
    63.1 KB · Views: 77

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Is it making a clicking noise? Do you hear game music?

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
That looks like a system booting without any BIOS. Are you positive the unibios was correctly installed? did you use a neobiosmasta?

Khronosi

n00b
That looks like a system booting without any BIOS. Are you positive the unibios was correctly installed? did you use a neobiosmasta?

Thank you for all the input so far. I did use a NeoBiosMasta. Being that its as straight forward as it gets in terms of installation, i'm worried the trace for pin 10 on the bios is bad. I was concerned as it was almost removed from the board, and was just barely hanging on by a thread. My assumption is that is the issue, so I'm hunting down an alternate location to tap it.

To answer the other questions, I hadn't hooked audio up yet, I was just testing video. I will hook audio up to see if I get sound. The board was from Ebay, and supposedly tested to be in working order, but there's no way for me to confirm.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Thank you for all the input so far. I did use a NeoBiosMasta. Being that its as straight forward as it gets in terms of installation, i'm worried the trace for pin 10 on the bios is bad. I was concerned as it was almost removed from the board, and was just barely hanging on by a thread. My assumption is that is the issue, so I'm hunting down an alternate location to tap it.

To answer the other questions, I hadn't hooked audio up yet, I was just testing video. I will hook audio up to see if I get sound. The board was from Ebay, and supposedly tested to be in working order, but there's no way for me to confirm.

When I installed the neobiosmasta on my MV1C, I removed the original BIOS completely, not just lifted the two pins. In that sense, the traces should not matter, as they will be just hanging cables there, it will not matter if they are present or not, unless they are connecting some component to some other. If you can post a pic of the work you did to install the unibios, it would help to understand the issue.

Regards.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
You can tap the /CE and /OE for the bios from the DCR/SDR(IC on the top left under the cart slot) on pins 7 and 9.

Khronosi

n00b
When I installed the neobiosmasta on my MV1C, I removed the original BIOS completely, not just lifted the two pins. In that sense, the traces should not matter, as they will be just hanging cables there, it will not matter if they are present or not, unless they are connecting some component to some other. If you can post a pic of the work you did to install the unibios, it would help to understand the issue.

Regards.

Yes I removed the stock bios chip completely, as opposed to just disabling via pins 10 and 12.

I probably wasn't clear enough when I described the issue. When I was removing the stock bios chip by cutting the legs prior to de-soldering, the traces for those legs(my luck the one pin i needed to tap) actually removed from the board so there was hardly anything left to solder the OE/CE wires to. I am going to tap the alternate location and see if this resolves the issue. I have another board(in better condition) coming in just in case.

Khronosi

n00b
Xian Xi, thank you for providing the alternate location, I'm going to re-wire this tonight and see if this resolves the problem.

Khronosi

n00b
A big thanks to all who chimed in. I got my other MV1C board in from Mexico, and it booted up just fine. I'm still not sure exactly what the issue with the other board was, but am just glad to have a working CMVS at this point.

It currently resides in a custom build wood enclosure(painted lexus pearl white), but the next step is to move it to custom fiberglass enclosure i'm in the process of building as I wanted to shrink the form factor slightly. I will post pics when that case is completed/painted.

Thanks all.