Power problem with preowned Neo Geo CD

Magn0x

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Hi guys, sorry in advance if this is posted in the wrong area but having a bit of trouble with my Neo Geo CD i've just got and wondered if anyone has any idea if its going to be a issue over time or any suggestions.

I got a UK Neo Geo CD with Magician Lord through the post on Saturday, was very impressed with the cosmetic condition.

Plugged it all in and first thing I noticed was the CD tray was not springing up and holding in place when opened, no big deal I thought as long as it stays down and plays.

When I came to plug in the console I noticed the power light came on straight away on the console, and on checking the power button would not turn off, it was stuck in the on position and not depressing to the off/raised position the console was also rebooting itself every few seconds or so.

After a couple of minutes I carefully managed to gently pull the power switch back up and it seemed to release back to the normal position. I checked it and the button seemed ok and the power went on and off like I would expect.

Me and my son played magician lord non stop for ages and it seemed to be fine. However today, I went to turn it on this afternoon and it initially fired up with the logo and then promptly turned completely off, no power light nothing.

I checked all the cables and particularly the power adaptor, put it into a different plug and nothing no power, checked my fuse box in case something had tripped and still nothing.

Contacted the seller explaining and he offered me a £20 discount to keep the console with the fault or return it.

I tried the console a few hours later after having tea with the family and sods law it turned right on! Played the console for 3 hours this evening, and just a couple of times it rebooted itself but otherwise perfect no issues.

I really am not sure what to do, do I take the discount offered and pray nothing happens long term, or do I send it back with the magician lord game and hope I can find another unit that works better, I was really chuffed to get magician lord with it, I was hoping it would all be fine.

Sorry for the long post guys, really just wanted to get as much detail in as possible, would be really grateful for any advice, I am a noob with this console and would be really grateful for any advice or suggestions any of you guys might have.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It's a problem with the 3 hole plug, you can try squeezing the sides gently with a pair of pliers to kinda bend the pins in the cable end so when it's plugged into the console it grabs the input pins better.

Magn0x

Kuroko's Training Dummy
It's a problem with the 3 hole plug, you can try squeezing the sides gently with a pair of pliers to kinda bend the pins in the cable end so when it's plugged into the console it grabs the input pins better.
Thats great, thanks Xian Xi. :)