Graphical Glitches - Normal in special cases?

trenton_net

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Hi Everyone,

I was playing KOF'98, and I noted that during the intro (leading up to the title screen), that on the right hand side, it seems like a black bar is drawn partly from top to bottom. I say partly, because the top part seems to be drawn, but the bottom part seems to be black. The only reason I noted it, is because I have no over scan on my LCD TV so I can see the edges of the image quite clearly.

At first I was a little worried, but then I noted that on some other peoples YouTube videos, I've seen the same glitch. Is this normal for this game?

Here is a YouTube video which shows what I'm talking about as they seem to have it too:

https://youtu.be/cB4d38xCvNs?t=38

As the screen transitions from white to the title screen, it is easy to see that on the right hand side, a black bar is drawn down the screen where BG graphics normally should be. Is this normal for some KOF'98 carts? Perhaps uncensored versions (Since that's what I'm using)?

PS: I also noted that with Samurai Shodown 4, I had a strange glitch, where during the intro one tile (out of many) in the foreground (Looked like 8x8) seemed to not be drawn on top of the background for a split second. So I could see the background for a split second, before that tile was drawn. I haven't seen any online videos showing this very minor issue, so maybe this one is actually caused by the cart?