Sony PVM 2054QM - Any info/thoughts

Maws

n00b
Hi!

Have an option to buy a Sony PVM 2054QM and was wondering if anyone have any thoughts on these models?

Also what would one need to expect a monitor like this goes for these days ? (a "rough" range estimate would be nice).

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Hi!

Have an option to buy a Sony PVM 2054QM and was wondering if anyone have any thoughts on these models?

Also what would one need to expect a monitor like this goes for these days ? (a "rough" range estimate would be nice).

I sold a 20M4A this weekend which has a higher spec tube (800 line) for $600 AUD. I reckon about $350 for the 2054qm.

ginoscope

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I had a 1354q and it was a good monitor. I currently own a 20m2u and if you have a chance to get a PVM get it.

The prices are going up and they are becoming less common. I paid $225 US for my 20" PVM in Decemeber 2016 so they are getting expensive. I sold my XRGB mini and HD retrovision cables so I ended up way ahead but still pricey.

CrazyDean

Zero's Secretary
600 TV lines and RGB component. Looks like good specs. If possible, test it and see if there are any problems like heavy blooming or dull/ghosting colors.

comoema

n00b
I had a 1354q and it was a good monitor. I currently own a 20m2u and if you have a chance to get a PVM get it.

The prices are going up and they are becoming less common. I paid $225 US for my 20" PVM in Decemeber 2016 so they are getting expensive. I sold my XRGB mini and HD retrovision cables so I ended up way ahead but still pricey.

Wow so cheap, now cost start at least from 500+, but good u had a good deal!Planning to buy one too...!

ginoscope

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Wow so cheap, now cost start at least from 500+, but good u had a good deal!Planning to buy one too...!

Wow had no idea they have gone up so much. I thought $225 was a lot but $500+ is crazy. I really like my pvm but I recently modded a consumer TV for RGB and while it does not match the pvm in quality it's pretty good for a TV that was only composite only. Also the size of the TV being 25" vs 20" on the pvm makes a big difference.

Maws

n00b
Ended up getting it, had to get it shipped so no chance of testing before I got it, and still will be a while until I get time to check it out properly, but it came well packed, and looks mint - it was bought from original owner, where it had been sitting in the same studio for 5-7 years, but only seen roughly 2 years of use.......so should be alright when it comes to usage time......haven't found out yet how I can display "hours" but I'l get to that when I have time....:)

thanks for the feedback

MrWunderful

Stakes Winner
Ended up getting it, had to get it shipped so no chance of testing before I got it, and still will be a while until I get time to check it out properly, but it came well packed, and looks mint - it was bought from original owner, where it had been sitting in the same studio for 5-7 years, but only seen roughly 2 years of use.......so should be alright when it comes to usage time......haven't found out yet how I can display "hours" but I'l get to that when I have time....:)

thanks for the feedback

Have you plugged it in to verify if it turned on? Knew a guy that ordered a PVM, and it was DOA. Dont want you to miss out on your return window. IF you dont have a console handy that outputs RGB maybe a camcorder with S-video out (if it has it)