PDA

View Full Version : Trump-Russia collusion under investigation by FBI

LoneSage
03-22-2017, 01:06 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/mar/20/fbi-director-comey-confirms-investigation-trump-russia

If evidence is found that shows the election was tampered with, then that's one way Trump can get kicked out right

wyo
03-22-2017, 01:28 AM
Preferably tried for treason and executed.

lachlan
03-22-2017, 06:04 AM
The fake tan should've been an indicator of his redness.

Tripredacus
03-22-2017, 12:23 PM
It all goes back to that Buzzfeed document that had that story about the weird things happening in the hotel.

mainman
03-22-2017, 08:07 PM
I am so fucking sick of this fucking Russia narrative. You know what lets entertain for just this moment Russia was behind the wikileaks, so fucking what. In the right hand you have hard evidence that the DNC rigged the primary in favor of their wall street whore shillary. Unaltered evidence that is indisputable and has been validated all thanks to the wikileaks. But the democrats are demanding you look at just the left hand which is supposedly Russia where the leaks originated. This is all about the wikileaks not Russia hacking into machines and flipping votes but the democrts would have you believe this is the case.

The democrats have lost something more valuable to them than this past election, they have lost their moral high ground and the support of half their party which is why they are like crazed animals now and their true faces are exposed and all pretenses are gone. You got to wonder what is the end game for these lunatics. Is this just theater for the voters who will always support them no matter what or is this a pathetic attempt to bring back the millions who left their ranks. If its the latter than its a fool errands as the DNC nor its backers have any credibility in the eyes of those who they cheated. It's starting to seem more so that the Democrats are starting to pick a fight with Russia to force your allegiance back to them under the banner of fighting a common enemy that they themselves created.

The DNC is not even disputing those emails and have diverted the masses attention away from said contents and started a all out crazed assault to save their corrupt faces at the expense of starting a fucking global conflict with a nuclear armed powered.

The irony is the DNC is crying election tampering when they are fucking guilty of that very crime themselves.

Don't get me wrong I fucking hate Trump but the alternative of his VP isn't any better nor would by some chance a democrat establishment POS sitting in the Oval office.

Evil Wasabi
03-22-2017, 09:40 PM
I am so fucking sick of this fucking Russia narrative. You know what lets entertain for just this moment Russia was behind the wikileaks, so fucking what. In the right hand you have hard evidence that the DNC rigged the primary in favor of their wall street whore shillary. Unaltered evidence that is indisputable and has been validated all thanks to the wikileaks. But the democrats are demanding you look at just the left hand which is supposedly Russia where the leaks originated. This is all about the wikileaks not Russia hacking into machines and flipping votes but the democrts would have you believe this is the case.

The democrats have lost something more valuable to them than this past election, they have lost their moral high ground and the support of half their party which is why they are like crazed animals now and their true faces are exposed and all pretenses are gone. You got to wonder what is the end game for these lunatics. Is this just theater for the voters who will always support them no matter what or is this a pathetic attempt to bring back the millions who left their ranks. If its the latter than its a fool errands as the DNC nor its backers have any credibility in the eyes of those who they cheated. It's starting to seem more so that the Democrats are starting to pick a fight with Russia to force your allegiance back to them under the banner of fighting a common enemy that they themselves created.

The DNC is not even disputing those emails and have diverted the masses attention away from said contents and started a all out crazed assault to save their corrupt faces at the expense of starting a fucking global conflict with a nuclear armed powered.

The irony is the DNC is crying election tampering when they are fucking guilty of that very crime themselves.

Don't get me wrong I fucking hate Trump but the alternative of his VP isn't any better nor would by some chance a democrat establishment POS sitting in the Oval office.

Trump is bad. Pence is bad. But having our government compromised by Russia is something that absolutely should not be allowed.

SML
03-22-2017, 09:51 PM
you have hard evidence that the DNC rigged the primary in favor of their wall street whore shillary. Unaltered evidence that is indisputable and has been validated all thanks to the wikileaks. But the democrats are demanding you look at just the left hand which is supposedly Russia where the leaks originated. This is all about the wikileaks not Russia hacking into machines and flipping votes but the democrts would have you believe this is the case.

You know, the parties don't have to hold elections to choose their candidates at all.

wyo
03-22-2017, 11:59 PM
Not everything is a fucking conspiracy. People have lost their damn minds.

joecommando
03-23-2017, 01:18 AM
Who cares if trump is impeached and removed from office then mike Pence will be the president of the US, is that really any better? lol

norton9478
03-23-2017, 02:20 AM
There is a lot more to the Russo-Trump connection than just the revelation of embarrassing emails.

Poppy
03-23-2017, 02:54 AM
There is a lot more to the Russo-Trump connection than just the revelation of embarrassing emails.

Yes. Mainman is a fucking retard.

Hey Mainman, how about trump surrogates promising Putin the lifting of sanctions then trump appointing tillerson, a man who has personally crafted a multi billion dollar oil deal with Russia that was stymied by sanctions. Now tillerson is skipping a NATO meeting to meet with putin.

Fuck you. You're retarded.

mainman
03-23-2017, 03:24 AM
Yes. Mainman is a fucking retard.

Hey Mainman, how about trump surrogates promising Putin the lifting of sanctions then trump appointing tillerson, a man who has personally crafted a multi billion dollar oil deal with Russia that was stymied by sanctions. Now tillerson is skipping a NATO meeting to meet with putin.

Fuck you. You're retarded.

Who the fuck are you, don't answer because it was rhetorical you retard and I really don't give two shits about you or your regurgitated talking points. Let me now give you the respect you warrant which is none you mark ass bitch. So fucking dumb you are buying into the spoon feed conspiracies being peddle by fucking criminals who have been caught dead to right and are now deflecting.

What the Clinton Machine is doing is projecting their own crimes on Trump. Something his campaign had no idea of how to pull off. But we know the Clinton Machine did. Wikileaks documented that. It's a tried and true method they always use. Blame the other guy for doing exactly what they themselves have already done.

I am not here to defend Trump, much like you he is a piece of shit I hold in contempt. As for any back room deals Trump has with Russia such obvious shady activities are just as corrupt as those that Shillary has benefited from herself in past dealings with Russia, the infamous uranium deal being a example. That bitch is the queen of pay for play you empty headed motherfucker. Those sanctions Trump lifted are the one Obama implemented on his way out the door in response to Shillary losing the election. Trump is currently destroying everything from the EPA to the department of education for the benefit of his inner circle and to the detriment of the masses, are you going to make a correlation between every neo conservative policies he puts into action and Russia you half wit.

You know what fucktard how about you explain how Russia directly influenced the election. Go ahead and try to form a coherent opinion of your own. As it stands progressives did not turn out to vote for Shillary because certain leaked documents exposed how the DNC cheated the progressives candidate and numerous other infractions. The contents of said documents are confirmed authentic. The release of these documents was relevant but since it exposed the true DNC narrative it is now being spun to sheeple like you as tampering. Notice how the DNC absolutely will not talk about the contents of the documents they immediately deflect to Russia. She lost because progressives simply did not vote for her not because of hacking voting machines and all that bullshit.

Are you slow enough to believe that either of the two major political parties in the U.S genuinely represents the will of the people. Your like a dog of the DNC, they keep you on a leash well heeled and now they have stuck a pair of Putin old drawers in your face so you can get his scent and bark every time you see him you don't need to know why you just believe the lies and dick ride.

Poppy
03-23-2017, 03:31 AM
Lmfao

:lolz:

I'm gonna extract so much text and effort from you, trumpfaggot

LoneSage
03-23-2017, 04:16 AM
Who the fuck are you, don't answer because it was rhetorical you retard and I really don't give two shits about you or your regurgitated talking points. Let me now give you the respect you warrant which is none you mark ass bitch. So fucking dumb you are buying into the spoon feed conspiracies being peddle by fucking criminals who have been caught dead to right and are now deflecting.

What the Clinton Machine is doing is projecting their own crimes on Trump. Something his campaign had no idea of how to pull off. But we know the Clinton Machine did. Wikileaks documented that. It's a tried and true method they always use. Blame the other guy for doing exactly what they themselves have already done.

I am not here to defend Trump, much like you he is a piece of shit I hold in contempt. As for any back room deals Trump has with Russia such obvious shady activities are just as corrupt as those that Shillary has benefited from herself in past dealings with Russia, the infamous uranium deal being a example. That bitch is the queen of pay for play you empty headed motherfucker. Trump is currently destroying everything from the EPA to the department of education for the benefit of his inner circle and to the detriment of the masses, are you going to make a correlation between every neo conservative policies he puts into action and Russia you half wit.

You know what fucktard how about you explain how Russia directly influenced the election. Go ahead and try to form a coherent opinion of your own. As it stands progressives did not turn out to vote for Shillary because certain leaked documents exposed how the DNC cheated the progressives candidate and numerous other infractions. The contents of said documents are confirmed authentic. The release of these documents was relevant but since it exposed the true DNC narrative it is being spun to sheeple like you as tampering. She lost because people did not vote for her not because of hacking voting machines and all that bullshit.

I wonder are slow enough to believe that either of the two major political parties in the U.S genuinely represents the will of the people. Your like a dog of the DNC, they keep you on a leash well heeled and now they have stuck a pair of Putin old drawers in your face so you can get his scent and bark every time you see him you don't need to know why you just believe the lies.

If the FBI is investigating Trump for possible ties to tampering the election with Russians, then something is up. I don't understand why you are equating an FBI investigation with conspiracy theories.

mainman
03-23-2017, 04:44 AM
Lmfao

Oh than I will keep it short so your illiterate ass can follow along.

Well much like your parents I don't expect much out of you in return you little mark

Now go get hooked on phonics faggot.

If the FBI is investigating Trump for possible ties to tampering the election with Russians, then something is up. I don't understand why you are equating an FBI investigation with conspiracy theories.

It's called a witch hunt similar to the bitch hunting I am perpetrating on Poopie up yonder except in his case there is actual merit for the accusations I made against him. The honest truth is I technically win either way it turns out either they hang Trump or find nothing but in my opinion there is nothing there so lets wait for the outcome from the people who actually have the authority to render a verdict. But on the bigger stage I lose you lose we all lose either way because Trump or Pence will be president. The FBI is a disgraced organization who has lost the respect and confidence of many in this country, Shillary should have been indicted anyone of us in this thread would have been for far less.

I ask you this, how do you believe Russia tampered with the U.S election. Explain what methods did they use. Do you believe they hacked machines, bribed people, etc.

LoneSage
03-23-2017, 07:50 AM
I ask you this, how do you believe Russia tampered with the U.S election. Explain what methods did they use. Do you believe they hacked machines, bribed people, etc.

There is no way in hell I can explain that, I'm just a simple-minded peasant. TBH I never thought much of the Russian accusations before. But when the FBI investigates you, that is cause for alarm.

norton9478
03-23-2017, 07:53 AM
For the record, the wikileaks documents did not reveal that the Clinton Campaign rigged the primary.

norton9478
03-23-2017, 08:08 AM

Evil Wasabi
03-23-2017, 09:44 AM

When Lesin was found dead in the Hotel Dupont in DC, his company, RT, aka Russia Today, transferred to the Kremlin. RT was initially a moderate investigative media source that was linked on Google news aggregator and Facebook's news aggregator. This is a key point, because seizing RT provided the Kremlin with an established news source. It was the easiest for them to seize (obviously they couldnt do this with an american news source, because it would be too obvious).

Michael Flynn Sr then travelled to Russia and received money from semi-state entities, including Kaspersky. Kaspersky is the antivirus company, alleged to conduct black hat activity for the Russian government at times.

Flynn returns to the US, a little bit richer, with a verifiable story to support his increase in capital (thereby voiding any allegations of FCPA violations). Flynn sets up shop to manage sock puppet army in US.

RT begins to post dubious fake news articles. Sock puppets promote the news articles on social media. Whether or not people read it, they see the headlines. Cheese Pizza conspiracy theories absorbed by global audience. Flynn's son takes credit for shooting incident that results from his own fake news promotion.

Trump wins election, appoints Flynn as NSA director.

SML
03-23-2017, 11:07 AM

But you realize that it wouldn't actually be a crime for the DNC to "rig" things for Clinton, right? And that Bernie could have won every state and the DNC could have chosen to throw those results out at the convention anyway? Party primaries aren't general elections.

I'm saying this as someone who voted for Sanders in the 2016 primaries and watched the RNC railroad Ron Paul in the 2008 and 2012 primaries. "Rigging" in primaries is frustrating, but not illegal.

Do you understand this? Yes/no?

Poppy
03-23-2017, 11:18 AM
But you realize that it wouldn't actually be a crime for the DNC to "rig" things for Clinton, right? And that Bernie could have won every state and the DNC could have chosen to throw those results out at the convention anyway? Party primaries aren't general elections.

I'm saying this as someone who voted for Sanders in the 2016 primaries and watched the RNC railroad Ron Paul in the 2008 and 2012 primaries. "Rigging" in primaries is frustrating, but not illegal.

Do you understand this? Yes/no?

Nurr durr shilliary is a major crimminal! The FBI and CIA are lying about their Russian findings in some massive librul conspiracy to derail Donald Trump! The DNC machine is a crimminal enterprise and the GOP wuz just playing by the rules as always.

Poppy
03-23-2017, 11:22 AM

Because he's in the anger phase of grief.

"Mark ass bitch" lmao.

You really see it all here. A conspiracy spewing trumpfaggot using 90s gangsta lingo.

Please keep it up Mainman. You are comedy gold.

Evil Wasabi
03-23-2017, 01:02 PM
In the past week, a witness for the investigation fell out of a window in Moscow, and another witness was gunned down in Kiev.

Poppy
03-23-2017, 01:09 PM
In the past week, a witness for the investigation fell out of a window in Moscow, and another witness was gunned down in Kiev.

The hillary machine's librul agenda at it AGAIN!

WAKE UP SHEEPLE

wyo
03-23-2017, 01:28 PM
A new trump faggot appears... :keke:

Tripredacus
03-23-2017, 01:35 PM
What the Clinton Machine is doing is projecting their own crimes on Trump.

You know what fucktard how about you explain how Russia directly influenced the election.

The media directly influenced the election by saying Russia did, among other things. Its the same thing as what you say Clinton did/does to Trump.

norton9478
03-23-2017, 02:39 PM
I'm surprised that Flynn would talk on the phone with intelligence under investigation and then lie about the contents.

Being a former high ranking member of the Intelligence community, he would have known that he was being recorded.

Evil Wasabi
03-25-2017, 03:59 PM
I'm surprised that Flynn would talk on the phone with intelligence under investigation and then lie about the contents.

Being a former high ranking member of the Intelligence community, he would have known that he was being recorded.

Flynn never struck me as a guy who earned his way into intelligence. Maybe he read a spy book and fantasized about it. But actual understanding, training, and facing hurdles into cryptoanalysis? Give me a break. His greatest accomplishment was pushing fake news stories.

I do believe that after Russia seized RT, they brought in Flynn and instructed him on his role by the Kremlin. It was the same operation they did against Ukraine before Russia invaded - and it was easy. Push news stories that use NLP to condition the audience mindset to a directed action. Flynn was pegged by Manafort as a good soldier who was willing to do what was necessary, and that his role in the US would appear very low risk.

SML
03-25-2017, 05:59 PM
Who knows what's true, but everyone seems to think that Flynn has "flipped" on the admin to the FBI.

cdamm
03-30-2017, 10:29 PM
Who knows what's true, but everyone seems to think that Flynn has "flipped" on the admin to the FBI.

ooooooooohhhhhh shit! How soon do you think it will be before someone tries to fit flynn with some concrete galoshes?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/mike-flynn-offers-to-testify-in-exchange-for-immunity-1490912959?mod=e2fb

LoneSage
03-31-2017, 01:59 AM
So if there was election tampering, does Hillary because prez?

Tripredacus
03-31-2017, 01:36 PM
So if there was election tampering, does Hillary because prez?

An election can be overturned but it is past that now. Trump has been sworn in now so impeachment would be the way. Then the rules of succession are used.

Lukejaywalker23
03-31-2017, 10:41 PM
Lmfao

So if someone supports Trump they are now called "trumpfaggot"? Seem ironic doesn't it?

All this is over is the WikiLeaks. If Russia released that info to the American people the only problem is that they were able to get the info. It isn't a knock on Trump. If anything im glad it was brought to the attention of the American people so we could make a lil better decision about who we are voting for.

It seems like the Democratics are going crazy.

It seems like we are headed to something really bad. Both sides get so much info that is so incorrect and it fuels their fire. Everyone acts like this shit is black and white but it's nothing but grey. I wish everyone would take time to see each side of the argument and see where people are coming from.

Poppy
04-01-2017, 12:15 AM
So if someone supports Trump they are now called "trumpfaggot"? Seem ironic doesn't it?

All this is over is the WikiLeaks. If Russia released that info to the American people the only problem is that they were able to get the info. It isn't a knock on Trump. If anything im glad it was brought to the attention of the American people so we could make a lil better decision about who we are voting for.

It seems like we are headed to something really bad. Both sides get so much info that is so incorrect and it fuels their fire. Everyone acts like this shit is black and white but it's nothing but grey. I wish everyone would take time to see each side of the argument and see where people are coming from.

Hahahaha

Oh god just stop now with your mealy mouthed hippy bullshit

I understand both sides quite well you fucking tard

norton9478
04-01-2017, 06:38 AM

This is not about Wikileakes. Wikileaks is just a small part of it.
The investigation goes back much farther than that.

Jon
04-01-2017, 09:48 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB3UNt3DAEg

I was going to post this in the longest thread, however, it seemed appropriate here.

Jon

Lukejaywalker23
04-01-2017, 09:57 AM
Hahahaha

Oh god just stop now with your mealy mouthed hippy bullshit

I understand both sides quite well you fucking tard

sounds good. lol

Evil Wasabi
04-01-2017, 10:42 AM
This is not about Wikileakes. Wikileaks is just a small part of it.
The investigation goes back much farther than that.

members like lukejaywalker have no interest in that, only what supports their preconceived notions. Hence, wikileaks showed Clinton was bad, and cheese pizza needs to be investigated, and panama papers, and jobs are being taken, and mexicans are rapists and drug dealers.

Lukejaywalker23
04-01-2017, 01:25 PM
members like lukejaywalker have no interest in that, only what supports their preconceived notions. Hence, wikileaks showed Clinton was bad, and cheese pizza needs to be investigated, and panama papers, and jobs are being taken, and mexicans are rapists and drug dealers.

So now I think Mexicans are rapists? Dam bruh shit just got crazy.

GohanX
04-01-2017, 03:31 PM
I'm enjoying this thread, please go on :snack:

FilthyRear
04-01-2017, 03:38 PM

This shit isn't even funny anymore. its just SAD!

Lukejaywalker23
04-01-2017, 03:58 PM
Nowadays you can't even have a different opinion.

If someone believes in border control = they are a racist etc.

Why does it have to be like that?

lachlan
04-02-2017, 02:46 AM
boarder control

Those FUCKING boars!

https://media.giphy.com/media/WmJABNxEV8CGI/giphy.gif

Evil Wasabi
04-02-2017, 10:49 AM

If someone believes in boarder control = they are a racist etc.

The US already has border control. Your problem is that people are still getting over the border. So when you say you want border control, you're saying that you want to keep foreigners out.

norton9478
04-02-2017, 11:55 AM

If someone believes in border control = they are a racist etc.

Don't blame me, blame all the racist boarder control freak idiots.

They are giving the non-racist boarder control freak idiots a bad name.

Lukejaywalker23
04-02-2017, 02:02 PM
The US already has border control. Your problem is that people are still getting over the border. So when you say you want border control, you're saying that you want to keep foreigners out.

My man, you are doing alot of assuming and putting words in my mouth. You are a large portion of the problems in politics today regardless of your views. Piece out homie

Lukejaywalker23
04-02-2017, 02:05 PM
Don't blame me, blame all the racist boarder control freak idiots.

They are giving the non-racist boarder control freak idiots a bad name.

But you are part of the problem by assuming I'm one of them. The mirror is a great tool you should use often.

Evil Wasabi
04-02-2017, 02:10 PM
My man, you are doing alot of assuming and putting words in my mouth. You are a large portion of the problems in politics today regardless of your views. Piece out homie

Leave the site, homie.

Lukejaywalker23
04-02-2017, 02:13 PM
Leave the site, homie.

Lmao

So I'm only welcome if I agree with you and I'm not allowed to challenge any idea you have?

madman
04-02-2017, 03:56 PM
A racist closet homo from Houston, there's a shocker.

Poppy
04-02-2017, 08:43 PM
Lmao

So I'm only welcome if I agree with you and I'm not allowed to challenge any idea you have?

You're in the Trumpster Fire, faggot.

If you wanna talk about sealed SNES games there's a thread for that.

Lukejaywalker23
04-02-2017, 09:00 PM
You're in the Trumpster Fire, faggot.

If you wanna talk about sealed SNES games there's a thread for that.

So that means lil twats like you can talk inaccurately out your ass?

You are a lil man with a lil mind. You can't handle being challenged so you say extreme shit. You can't even entertain a convo with someone who doesn't agree with you.

I enjoy being challenged and hearing other people opinions. No one is right or wrong it's all a matter of opinion.

I will go look for the SNES games thread now. Take care my man

Poppy
04-02-2017, 09:05 PM
So that means lil twats like you can talk inaccurately out your ass?

You are a lil man with a lil mind. You can't handle being challenged so you say extreme shit. You can't even entertain a convo with someone who doesn't agree with you.

I enjoy being challenged and hearing other people opinions. No one is right or wrong it's all a matter of opinion.

I will go look for the SNES games thread now. Take care my man

Haha fucking hippy

I have no time whatsoever for your trump apologist bullshit.

You're an enabler of the worst human being in modern history. Fuck you. Fuck your opinion. Fuck challenging you, too. You aren't worth it. September 2016, you have nary a clue what this place is or how it works.

Kill yourself.

Lukejaywalker23
04-02-2017, 09:11 PM
Haha fucking hippy

I have no time whatsoever for your trump apologist bullshit.

You're an enabler of the worst human being in modern history. Fuck you. Fuck your opinion. Fuck challenging you, too. You aren't worth it. September 2016, you have nary a clue what this place is or how it works.

Kill yourself.
Did trump grab your mom by the pussy?

Poppy
04-02-2017, 09:17 PM
Did trump grab your mom by the pussy?

Hahahaha your fucking flailing already.

Enjoy your time here. God knows I will fuckstick.

FilthyRear
04-02-2017, 09:27 PM

Steers and queers.

K_K
04-03-2017, 07:33 AM
Steers and queers.

It'd be odd if he were a bigot from Austin. But Houston? Yeah it fits.

Tripredacus
04-03-2017, 04:41 PM
You're an enabler of the worst human being in modern history.

How modern are we talking? Certainly Idi Amin was human being in modern history.

Poppy
04-03-2017, 05:22 PM
How modern are we talking? Certainly Idi Amin was human being in modern history.

Yeah yeah Hitler, pol pot, etc

Should've inserted American in between modern and history

fakeXsound
04-03-2017, 08:21 PM

PS: TWO bombshells today. Blackwater founder meeting Putin's buddy in UAE to establish back channel comms between Trump and Kremmy. Former Trump advisor Price publicly admits to handing off documents to Russian spy in 2013. Nothing to see here, folks. It's a witch hunt.

Tripredacus
04-04-2017, 03:15 PM
Yeah yeah Hitler, pol pot, etc

Should've inserted American in between modern and history

Ok well he doesn't seem to be that bad. I mean, he never kept dead bodies in drums in his basement has he?

SML
04-04-2017, 04:16 PM
Ok well he doesn't seem to be that bad. I mean, he never kept dead bodies in drums in his basement has he?

Or HAS HE?

ki_atsushi
04-04-2017, 04:24 PM

PS: TWO bombshells today. Blackwater founder meeting Putin's buddy in UAE to establish back channel comms between Trump and Kremmy. Former Trump advisor Price publicly admits to handing off documents to Russian spy in 2013. Nothing to see here, folks. It's a witch hunt.

Was Trump even thinking of running for president in 2013?

And, lest we forget, Obama promised Putin he would be "much more flexible" after the 2012 election. Just what do you think that means eh? Pretty hypocritical hearing all this garbage from the left about Trump when they're guilty of exactly the same fucking thing they are crying about.

Fuzzytaco
04-04-2017, 04:32 PM
Pretty sure that was Medvedev not Putin.

ki_atsushi
04-04-2017, 04:39 PM
Pretty sure that was Medvedev not Putin.

Who was a pawn of...

Medvedev replied in English, according to ABC News: "I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir," an apparent reference to incoming President Vladmir Putin.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/obama-russia-more-flexibility-elections-125849688.html

fakeXsound
04-04-2017, 05:23 PM
Pretty hypocritical hearing all this garbage from the left about Trump when they're guilty of exactly the same fucking thing they are crying about.

Obama colluded with Putin to rig an election, huh?

Uhuh, Obama tells Russia he'll be flexible. And then he hits them with two different sets of sanctions.

Poppy
04-04-2017, 07:21 PM
Obama colluded with Putin to rig an election, huh?

Uhuh, Obama tells Russia he'll be flexible. And then he hits them with two different sets of sanctions.

It's the exact same thing libtard!

Evil Wasabi
04-04-2017, 08:16 PM
Was Trump even thinking of running for president in 2013?

And, lest we forget, Obama promised Putin he would be "much more flexible" after the 2012 election. Just what do you think that means eh? Pretty hypocritical hearing all this garbage from the left about Trump when they're guilty of exactly the same fucking thing they are crying about.

That Trump was picking up russian assets on his way into the white house should make your ancestral proud white heritage shudder. Fucking racist scum.

norton9478
04-04-2017, 09:17 PM
That Trump was picking up russian assets.

I think it was the other way around.

SML
12-01-2017, 09:57 AM
Flynn makes a plea deal.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/01/court-schedules-plea-hearing-for-flynn-at-1030-am-et.html

Evil Wasabi
12-01-2017, 10:01 AM
Flynn makes a plea deal.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/01/court-schedules-plea-hearing-for-flynn-at-1030-am-et.html

Lock him up.

SML
12-01-2017, 11:56 AM
Apparently he'll be testifying that he was acting according to Trump's directions.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/362773-flynn-to-testify-trump-directed-him-to-make-contact-with-the

Evil Wasabi
12-01-2017, 12:00 PM
And we have lift off!

ballzdeepx
12-01-2017, 12:01 PM
Apparently he'll be testifying that he was acting according to Trump's directions.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/362773-flynn-to-testify-trump-directed-him-to-make-contact-with-the

https://im-01.gifer.com/1JOQ.gif

Poppy
12-01-2017, 01:00 PM
And we have lift off!

That, we do.

But I honestly feel like I should be in the hood in Birmingham convincing people to vote for Doug Jones. Like... what am I doing with my life.

Roy Moore is probably going to be a senator, despite it all...

Tripredacus
12-01-2017, 01:09 PM
So.... we cool with Pence then?

Or is everyone just going to go into Round 2 against him?

Evil Wasabi
12-01-2017, 01:19 PM

Not cool with Pence, but he’s less likely to enter a war or attack Americans who he doesn’t value.

Poppy
12-01-2017, 01:31 PM

He's every but as complicit in the Russia stuff as donald, if not more so, being one more layer towards the outside of the onion.

So if kushner at am. end up eating shit then pence is done too

wyo
12-01-2017, 03:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEG41O5Y9-k

SML
12-02-2017, 08:23 AM

This particular detail was a fuckup, y'all.

Evil Wasabi
12-02-2017, 10:07 AM
This particular detail was a fuckup, y'all.

My prediction: Monday Trump will announce that the embassy in Jerusalem will open, and a false flag attack on the embassy will be linked to Iranian ordinance. Trump will declare war, and Rod will be ordered to suspend the Russian investigation indefinitely.

This could have been avoided if the Dems started the impeachment already, but their financial backers were loathe to allow any such thing while the market was so fucking high.

Rot
12-02-2017, 01:44 PM
...or has Trump put on weight and looks a LOT older:D (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42209758)

Muhahahahahahaha... Welcome to the Thunderdome BIATCHE!

xROTx

heihachi
12-02-2017, 02:38 PM
Trump's tweet this morning....:lolz::lolz::lolz::lolz::lolz:....what a retard

Rot
12-04-2017, 03:56 AM
It's selling out FAST lads.... get yours NOW! (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-42108002)

xROTx

lithy
12-06-2017, 03:54 PM
When the president(-elect) does it, that means that it is not illegal.

Evil Wasabi
12-06-2017, 04:06 PM
When the president(-elect) does it, that means that it is not illegal.

Does what?

lithy
12-06-2017, 04:10 PM
Does what?

'it'

Evil Wasabi
12-06-2017, 04:21 PM
'it'

If the president(-elect) does a supernatural predatory clown it is not illegal. Ok.

lithy
12-06-2017, 04:34 PM
If the president(-elect) does a supernatural predatory clown it is not illegal. Ok.

How dare you talk about Melania that way.

Evil Wasabi
12-06-2017, 05:24 PM
How dare you talk about Melania that way.

Is it legal to post a link to Melania knaus’s klaun cosmetic line for QVC

On the White House website?

lithy
12-06-2017, 06:27 PM
Is it legal to post a link to Melania knaus’s klaun cosmetic line for QVC

On the White House website?

On whitehouse.com? Sure.

Evil Wasabi
12-06-2017, 06:29 PM
On whitehouse.com? Sure.

What about when Trump and his team put that advertisement on whitehouse.gov?

lithy
12-07-2017, 02:02 PM
What about when Trump and his team put that advertisement on whitehouse.gov?

I feel like we're talking past each other which has been fun, but I just want to clarify that all I was doing was using Nixon's quote as a substitute for Dowd's statement that the president cannot obstruct justice, which is of course monstrously stupid.

wingzrow
12-10-2017, 03:20 PM
"Says increasingly nervous man for the 3552nd time"

SML
12-11-2017, 05:41 AM
"Says increasingly nervous man for the 3552nd time"

You're thinking of "investigation will conclude shortly."

SML
12-11-2017, 07:50 AM
FWIW, I fully expect the president to finish out his first term and pretty much continue living the life he has so far, unless the fast food takes him out first.

In the meantime, you gotta be in deep denial to think Gates, Manafort, Flynn, and Papadopoulos are merely victims of a partisan fishing expedition, or that they're the last shoes that are going to drop on this thing.

In the meantime, you'll see (for example) Keith Ellison in Al Franken's seat before you see (for example) Michele Bachmann.

In the meantime, Trump is going to drive two backlash wave elections, regardless of whether we get Roy Moore and, what the hell, Joe Arpaio seated in the senate.

Long story short, we'll be left a fucked up judiciary, a fucked up global situation that we're *just as* entangled in as we were before, but have less authority to manage, record-breaking (!!!) numbers on wall street, and a Democratic majority that's as dumb as ever because they didn't have to work for it.

They'll lose the house in two years, again.

Some time later the Asian federation will annex everything west of the Rockies, and Anime will finally be Made Real.

SML
12-12-2017, 10:27 PM
...so scratch that part about Senator Roy Moore, I guess.

Evil Wasabi
12-12-2017, 10:31 PM
I haven’t See the results. Is it official yet?

Evil Wasabi
12-12-2017, 10:40 PM
Looks like Alabama dodged a bullet.

And America, for that matter, as we won’t have more of these silly bollocks judge appoints rammed down our throats.

Poppy
12-13-2017, 02:03 AM
Never thought I'd see the day...

God I hope Tennessee gets rid of Blackburn, she's fucked beyond belief.

fakeXsound
12-20-2017, 03:57 PM
Anyone else think the Franken debacle was a hit via the Russians? Sounds like he wanted him gone. Not to mention some of the women complaining about being kissed were participating in a scripted skit.

ballzdeepx
12-20-2017, 05:37 PM
Anyone else think the Franken debacle was a hit via the Russians? Sounds like he wanted him gone. Not to mention some of the women complaining about being kissed were participating in a scripted skit.

While I'm sure certain people would have liked him gone..
Without even taking into account the speed in which they forced him out, the majority of his colleagues and roughly 73% of females within his party considered the accusations credible, this was in addition to talking with him during the investigation.

Evil Wasabi
12-20-2017, 07:54 PM
While I'm sure certain people would have liked him gone..
Without even taking into account the speed in which they forced him out, the majority of his colleagues and roughly 73% of females within his party considered the accusations credible, this was in addition to talking with him during the investigation.

It felt very fake. Franken was the most outspoken critic of all the civil rights attacks trump and his cronies were engaged in. But in the outrage generation, no room for anyone who doesn’t walk the line.

SML
01-26-2018, 12:10 AM
POTUS tried to fire Mueller back in June.

lol

fakeXsound
01-26-2018, 11:10 AM

lol

Yeesh. If that's not an indication of guilt on some level, I don't know what is.

fakeXsound
01-29-2018, 01:20 PM
Deputy Director of the FBI is "stepping down"... Not sure if I'm taking this one at face value. :scratch:

Evil Wasabi
01-29-2018, 03:00 PM
Deputy Director of the FBI is "stepping down"... Not sure if I'm taking this one at face value. :scratch:

Trump played this about as poorly as possible. “FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe is racing the clock to retire with full benefits. 90 days to go?!!!” was outright stupid of him.

It assumes that McCabe did not earn his retirement.

It brings up something I think about a lot: people who earn what they have.

Cory Booker, Obama, they earned it. They worked their asses off to get where they are. Obama made a name for himself in community service and that’s how he got elected as a Senator. After he worked his ass off, people with money and the hope for change took notice and sponsored his campaigns moving forward.

But then you got people like Trump, who was a millionaire from birth because of Fred Trump’s real estate empire. Trump didn’t earn shit. His dad bought his way into UPenn just like Hillary bought Chelsea admissions into Columbia. We need less of the entitled heirs of aristocracy, and a return to the meritocracy that saw the likes of Washington, Hamilton, and the once famous Cincinattus rise to power.

fakeXsound
01-29-2018, 03:17 PM
Trump played this about as poorly as possible. “FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe is racing the clock to retire with full benefits. 90 days to go?!!!” was outright stupid of him.

Cory Booker, Obama, they earned it. They worked their asses off to get where they are. Obama made a name for himself in community service and that’s how he got elected as a Senator. After he worked his ass off, people with money and the hope for change took notice and sponsored his campaigns moving forward.

But then you got people like Trump, who was a millionaire from birth because of Fred Trump’s real estate empire. Trump didn’t earn shit. His dad bought his way into UPenn just like Hillary bought Chelsea admissions into Columbia. We need less of the entitled heirs of aristocracy, and a return to the meritocracy that saw the likes of Washington, Hamilton, and the once famous Cincinattus rise to power.

Yep. Only thing worse than a politician is a billionaire. And now those two are one in the same. Not that they were ever mutually exclusive. But it's worse than ever. This is why I was scratching my head over the past few years while Americans between the coasts were complaining that the liberals had sold them out. To me, there was never a question as to who sold them out; it's always been the billionaires in charge of corporations - people, for example, who install self-checkouts and then pocket the savings rather than raising the pay of the remaining clerks or lowering the prices of their merchandise. Or the food corps who ship crops from overseas. If any politicians are guilty of selling out middle America, it's the conservatives who claim "free market" and deregulate the billionaires, enabling them to make the most money, which entails circumventing unskilled, uneducated Americans. I feel very lucky to have grown up and lived my entire life on the coast.

wyo
01-29-2018, 04:37 PM

Well said.

lithy
01-30-2018, 10:52 AM
Washington was born well-off as well. He was also given his military commission because of his brother's influence on the Virginia governor and in 5-year pre-revolution military career he went from major to colonel. In that short time he bungled Fort Necessity and had a friendly fire incident at Fort Duquesne. I would say that any high school journalist would have outed him as a failure if it happened today.

Rot
02-16-2018, 01:33 PM
OOOHHHH... the excitement... (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43092085)

xROTx

lachlan
02-16-2018, 04:15 PM
More importantly what will this finding change?

Rot
02-16-2018, 04:57 PM
More importantly what will this finding change?

That some of the 'murikanz population are awesome dumb...

xROTx

OrochiEddie
02-18-2018, 02:42 PM
Yep. Only thing worse than a politician is a billionaire. And now those two are one in the same. Not that they were ever mutually exclusive. But it's worse than ever. This is why I was scratching my head over the past few years while Americans between the coasts were complaining that the liberals had sold them out. To me, there was never a question as to who sold them out; it's always been the billionaires in charge of corporations - people, for example, who install self-checkouts and then pocket the savings rather than raising the pay of the remaining clerks or lowering the prices of their merchandise. Or the food corps who ship crops from overseas. If any politicians are guilty of selling out middle America, it's the conservatives who claim "free market" and deregulate the billionaires, enabling them to make the most money, which entails circumventing unskilled, uneducated Americans. I feel very lucky to have grown up and lived my entire life on the coast.

The wealthy elite have convinced those below them that they are their own worst enemy. Middle American Republicans believe they would be millionaires too if it weren't for all those dang consumer protections, social services, and unions. We dug our own hole because we believed we were anything beyond mediocre.

Mediocre is still better than 49% of the pile. That aint that bad.

Someone on my Facebook feed tried to claim that the wealthy are mistreated because they pay the most taxes...as if they are being victims.

norton9478
02-19-2018, 08:02 PM
And the dam gumberment needs to stay out of my medicare.

SteveNK
02-19-2018, 08:24 PM
people, for example, who install self-checkouts and then pocket the savings rather than raising the pay of the remaining clerks or lowering the prices of their merchandise.

I would do this.

which entails circumventing unskilled, uneducated Americans.

I would do this too.

Have you ever run a business?

fakeXsound
02-19-2018, 08:49 PM
I would do this.

I would do this too.

Have you ever run a business?

I sure do. And I would not automate the tasks of the people I bring into my projects. Why? Because I'm not a dick. Because I quote my clients enough so I can afford to pay people and pay them well. Because one day I may need to ask them if they have a gig for me.

Also, I hear you guys in the UK have pretty decent benefits that come from paying high taxes. The tax rate for robots is 0.00%. In the US, our roads are shit, schools can't afford basic supplies, and we have to pay corporations for healthcare. Lowering the amount of taxpayers isn't a good idea. And there are a lot of cashiers in this country. Cash registers are just the beginning. I work on media projects for tech firms. Every service-based industry except for hospitality is heading towards 100% automation - and fast.

But if you ran a supermarket, you'd replace a neighborhood-oriented, possibly family-owned business with a glorified vending machine? Go for it. I don't like interacting with strangers. But what I like even less is a society that's completely alienated from itself.

wyo
02-19-2018, 09:09 PM
You'll have to forgive SteveNK. Britain monitors its citizens very closely via CCTV and intrusive internet surveillance. He has appear to go along with the government's clandestine program to replace workers with robots or he may be "disappeared".

VanillaThunder
02-19-2018, 11:53 PM
It felt very fake. Franken was the most outspoken critic of all the civil rights attacks trump and his cronies were engaged in. But in the outrage generation, no room for anyone who doesn’t walk the line.

That's an excellent point.

The outrage generation doesn't appreciate anything but their own personal views. It's on the label.

For a generation that preaches "acceptance", they're the least "accepting."

Judge each act against its time and the environment. People do dumb shit all the time.. social norms and mores change. Progressives have lost sight of this.

VanillaThunder
02-19-2018, 11:57 PM
I sure do. And I would not automate the tasks of the people I bring into my projects. Why? Because I'm not a dick. Because I quote my clients enough so I can afford to pay people and pay them well. Because one day I may need to ask them if they have a gig for me.

Also, I hear you guys in the UK have pretty decent benefits that come from paying high taxes. The tax rate for robots is 0.00%. In the US, our roads are shit, schools can't afford basic supplies, and we have to pay corporations for healthcare. Lowering the amount of taxpayers isn't a good idea. And there are a lot of cashiers in this country. Cash registers are just the beginning. I work on media projects for tech firms. Every service-based industry except for hospitality is heading towards 100% automation - and fast.

But if you ran a supermarket, you'd replace a neighborhood-oriented, possibly family-owned business with a glorified vending machine? Go for it. I don't like interacting with strangers. But what I like even less is a society that's completely alienated from itself.

HOLY SHIT YES! THIS!

The "future" of automation isn't the rosy '50s bullshit. It's driven by greed and profit margins. Am I totally onboard with it? Ehh...

Our industry is all about automation and driving "overhead" like paying people a decent wage out. The fatal flaw is "who's going to fix it when it breaks?"

Automation is just going to exacerbate the wage gap and eliminate the middle class. If you want consumers, eventually.. you have to pay people.

fakeXsound
02-20-2018, 12:03 AM
HOLY SHIT YES! THIS!

The "future" of automation isn't the rosy '50s bullshit. It's driven by greed and profit margins. Am I totally onboard with it? Ehh...

Our industry is all about automation and driving "overhead" like paying people a decent wage out. The fatal flaw is "who's going to fix it when it breaks?"

Automation is just going to exacerbate the wage gap and eliminate the middle class. If you want consumers, eventually.. you have to pay people.

Totally - and I don't mean this in the anti-intellectual sense...(I'm very against that movement)...but if I had a kid, I think I'd be pushing him more toward the less respected trades - auto mechanic or something along those lines - for his education, and teaching him myself how to build and run a small business. I think that blue collar and so-called unskilled jobs are going to be sorely lacking in the not so distant future - a real Time Machine situation where the smart people have grown complacent and in a sense dumb. Sure, I can talk Gemeinschaft and Gesellschaft all day, but I couldn't fix my kitchen sink off the top of my head, and if it were explosively leaking, I wouldn't be able to go online and figure it out. Someone that has skills and business know-how is going to be doing good in 10 years.

VanillaThunder
02-20-2018, 12:20 AM
Totally - and I don't mean this in the anti-intellectual sense...(I'm very against that movement)...but if I had a kid, I think I'd be pushing him more toward the less respected trades - auto mechanic or something along those lines - for his education, and teaching him myself how to build and run a small business. I think that blue collar and so-called unskilled jobs are going to be sorely lacking in the not so distant future - a real Time Machine situation where the smart people have grown complacent and in a sense dumb. Sure, I can talk Gemeinschaft and Gesellschaft all day, but I couldn't fix my kitchen sink off the top of my head, and if it were explosively leaking, I wouldn't be able to go online and figure it out. Someone that has skills and business know-how is going to be doing good in 10 years.

There's a deep sociological and philosophical discussion buried in here.

Anti-intellectualism is funny. People rant about this shit all day on one of the great technological achievements of our time. I am always amused to read this.

Frankly speaking, (I'm truncating a rant here), Anti-intellectualism is a symptom of a rural working class being squeezed out. It's also a symptom of every mediocre dude-bro jock who thought their high school glory or current golf game would eventually turn into millions overnight through "connections."

Tradesmen do VERY well and will continue to do so. Since none of those jocks or their equally mediocre kids are going to lower themselves to turning a wrench or using a caliper, they're forced into middle-management jobs that are wilting away.

My plumber drives an exotic car. My accountant drives a Hyundai. Do the math. (If value is derived from vehicles in your view.)

VanillaThunder
02-20-2018, 12:26 AM
I openly laugh at the anti-intellectuals who are getting SLAUGHTERED on get rich quick scams... like crypto currency... thought up by really intelligent people.

This is another long discussion. ( It's going to cost them billions and leave them with a worthless file on a device shortly.)

Point is: Those people serve a societal purpose. Mediocrity is the majority. Anti-intellectualism means they're figuring it out, finally. They're being easily led by intellects.

Wait until all the cryptorelated stuff comes out in this investigation. Hint: Get out now, if you haven't already.

Bunch of other financial networks and corporations are going to take an ass drilling as well. If they weren't complicit, just the PR hit alone will be critical.

VanillaThunder
02-20-2018, 12:29 AM
In case you're curious about what I'm getting at above...

Check the two indictments that came out and start comparing the things that overlap. Maybe one thing is mentioned in one, but may also be obfuscated in the other?

This is a RICO case and Mueller is def working it that way. That means some REAL bad stuff for people on the fringes.

SteveNK
02-20-2018, 06:19 AM

Every time you use a power tool you're holding the equipment that destroyed a million jobs. Every time you turn on a computer, a billion jobs, maybe more, who knows. Who is to say the current level of automation that you exploit is ok but future automation makes people dicks?

I used two drivers to pick up cars for me, one to drop him off, the other to drive the second car back. I recently bought a tow truck and now I only need one driver. I made no money, now I make slightly more than no money, the assumption that automation is driven by nefarious billionaires is naive. Have a pension pot? If so, a large part of that money will be invested in the companies doing what you hate. You are that nefarious billionaire.

Robots build cars, computers and conveyor belts sort mail, ATMs dish out cash - you have lived your whole life in the exact dystopian future feared 100 years ago by someone who was thinking the exact thoughts you are right now. The result - record employment levels.

I'm happy for you that your industry has the slack in it to allow inefficiency but many, many do not.

Evil Wasabi
02-20-2018, 07:55 AM
Every time you use a power tool you're holding the equipment that destroyed a million jobs. Every time you turn on a computer, a billion jobs, maybe more, who knows. Who is to say the current level of automation that you exploit is ok but future automation makes people dicks?

I used two drivers to pick up cars for me, one to drop him off, the other to drive the second car back. I recently bought a tow truck and now I only need one driver. I made no money, now I make slightly more than no money, the assumption that automation is driven by nefarious billionaires is naive. Have a pension pot? If so, a large part of that money will be invested in the companies doing what you hate. You are that nefarious billionaire.

Robots build cars, computers and conveyor belts sort mail, ATMs dish out cash - you have lived your whole life in the exact dystopian future feared 100 years ago by someone who was thinking the exact thoughts you are right now. The result - record employment levels.

I'm happy for you that your industry has the slack in it to allow inefficiency but many, many do not.

Sounds like you just don't know how to run a business.

SteveNK
02-20-2018, 08:54 AM
Sounds like you just don't know how to run a business.

Then you've misheard.

lithy
02-20-2018, 11:17 AM

How many scribes had to be put out of work when literacy improved?

Glassblower strikes were common in the 1880s. I found accounts of 3 on the first page of search results from the New York Times archive. Without getting into the merits of labor unions, it should be easy to see why automation is desired by ownership over people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass,_Molders,_Pottery,_Plastics_and_Allied_Worke rs_International_Union#The_challenge_of_mechanizat ion

fakeXsound's media projects are probably difficult to automate. Or, if not, he is probably saying he can produce premium content at a premium cost so that he can pay the people on his projects. None of these things are exclusive. You can't say you want to keep everyone employed and compete on cost. It simply won't happen. This is the old business trope of low prices, high quality, great service; pick two.

He also says he would rather deal with a person. That's fine. I'd rather not. If given the choice of calling or e-mailing someone to accomplish a task, I choose e-mail every time. I actively limit my face time with people. I have no desire for idle chit-chat (except on n-g.com of course).

If I read VT right, I think I agree with him. I wouldn't say that automation is humanity's savior. I know a lot of talk gets put into this wonderful, idyllic 'future' where robots do all the work and people somehow reap the benefits. I would say that automation is practically unavoidable. Capital only cares about costs, if output is the same and cost is lower for A over B, you're going with A. Unless for some reason B is a personal charity case for you. In which case that's fine, as long as you are able to admit it.

Poppy
02-20-2018, 12:11 PM
That some of the 'murikanz population are awesome dumb...

xROTx

You voted for brexit

Evil Wasabi
02-20-2018, 12:52 PM
Then you've misheard.

“I made no money, now I make slightly more than no money”

Sounds like a terrible business person.

SteveNK
02-20-2018, 02:52 PM
“I made no money, now I make slightly more than no money”

Sounds like a terrible business person.

If only it was that simple.

VanillaThunder
02-20-2018, 04:51 PM

Ask a buggy whip salesman how cars worked out for him.

Evil Wasabi
02-20-2018, 04:54 PM
If only it was that simple.

sure.

We are living in a dystopia where you may think that employment is high, but it's also very abstract. People are performing jobs that would be completely uncontemplated even by Dickens, in order to pay off purchases for things that are completely unnecessary. We employ people to pave roads poorly in order to keep them employed at the tax payer's expense. When the tax budget is exhausted, the unemployment is increased. We teeter between seeking governance in harsh realism or feckless idealism - feckless because the realism has rotted the system to the roots. Want to fix health care? Not if the lobbyists, retained by the existing medical industry, have anything to say about it. Want to provide a clean energy car that won't require consumers purchase through a middle-man? The NADA and automotive lobbyists will fight tooth and nail to stop that too. In short, the jobs will be more and more automated, and the workforce will be retasked into more and more menial, mindless, and useless labor, to achieve useless and grotesque material acquisitions. Every episode of Black Mirror that has not yet materialized in real life, shall eventually, so long as we simply eat the twinkies that we are offered by this world.

VanillaThunder
02-20-2018, 04:56 PM
"You know what Mega-City One is Dredd? It's a fucking meatgrinder. People go in one end, and the meat comes out the other. We just turn the handle." —Judge Lex

VanillaThunder
02-20-2018, 05:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkFAcFtBD48

SteveNK
02-20-2018, 06:03 PM
sure.

We are living in a dystopia where you may think that employment is high, but it's also very abstract. People are performing jobs that would be completely uncontemplated even by Dickens, in order to pay off purchases for things that are completely unnecessary. We employ people to pave roads poorly in order to keep them employed at the tax payer's expense. When the tax budget is exhausted, the unemployment is increased. We teeter between seeking governance in harsh realism or feckless idealism - feckless because the realism has rotted the system to the roots. Want to fix health care? Not if the lobbyists, retained by the existing medical industry, have anything to say about it. Want to provide a clean energy car that won't require consumers purchase through a middle-man? The NADA and automotive lobbyists will fight tooth and nail to stop that too. In short, the jobs will be more and more automated, and the workforce will be retasked into more and more menial, mindless, and useless labor, to achieve useless and grotesque material acquisitions. Every episode of Black Mirror that has not yet materialized in real life, shall eventually, so long as we simply eat the twinkies that we are offered by this world.

It's fair to say that every new technology, mechanisation or automation has benefits for some people and negative consequences for others. Often unintended, sometimes not - yes, people are highly capable of putting profit before people.

The crux of the matter is that I see the future as Star Trek and you see it as The Time Machine. If we'd had this disagreement 100 years ago I would have been right. Next 100 years, sure, you may well be right, let's see how it pans out.

From my perspective though I find it difficult to imagine a democracy with open voting that allows everyone to be jobless while a handful of people coin it from a world of automated machines. Don't worry about technology, you can't slow that down, keep an eye on your politicians.

SteveNK
02-20-2018, 06:06 PM
Ask a buggy whip salesman how cars worked out for him.

And who's job did the buggy whip salesman take?

Evil Wasabi
02-20-2018, 06:41 PM
The crux of the matter is that I see the future as Star Trek and you see it as The Time Machine.

lol?

hahahahahahahahahaha

SteveNK
02-20-2018, 07:08 PM
lol?

hahahahahahahahahaha

I warn you my significant back catalogue of sci-fi analogies are set to kill.

Evil Wasabi
02-20-2018, 08:47 PM
I warn you my significant back catalogue of sci-fi analogies are set to kill.

how is Star Trek an ideal?

It's the furthest thing from one.

and besides, it's not sci-fi, it's fantasy. There's hardly any science whatsoever in the gene roddenbury space opera.

VanillaThunder
02-20-2018, 08:58 PM
It's fair to say that every new technology, mechanisation or automation has benefits for some people and negative consequences for others. Often unintended, sometimes not - yes, people are highly capable of putting profit before people.

The crux of the matter is that I see the future as Star Trek and you see it as The Time Machine. If we'd had this disagreement 100 years ago I would have been right. Next 100 years, sure, you may well be right, let's see how it pans out.

From my perspective though I find it difficult to imagine a democracy with open voting that allows everyone to be jobless while a handful of people coin it from a world of automated machines. Don't worry about technology, you can't slow that down, keep an eye on your politicians.

I'd say you live in a small business fantasy world.

fakeXsound
02-20-2018, 11:00 PM

The process of creating a power tool requires more workers and resources than a manual tool. Power tools have enabled people to work faster, make more customers, etc. So I don't know where you're going with this.

Computers did not wipe out as many jobs as you think. Accountants still account; they just do so on a computer. Film editors still edit; they just do so on a computer. Writers still write. You get the idea. Not only that, but computers and the Internet are a tool of self-improvement and dissemination of information. Computers have upskilled everyone. The playing field may not be even, but nearly everyone in the civilized world has benefited.

What societal good will automated cash registers, drive-thrus, and combines do?

As others have pointed out, you don't seem like you're good at running a business.

Regarding pensions, stock market, consumer goods, I'll concede that point. I, in certain ways, support the corporations that I hate. My point would be that we have to choose our battles. If I were to act in a 100% idealist fashion, I'd be out on the streets. Paraphrasing Guy Debord, surrender to the machine brings liberation. But you don't have to hand your life over to Comcast.

Sheesh. You sound like a Republican. Yup, we have record employment levels over here. You know what else we have? Record disparity between the poor and the rich. Before I started my own business, I was working for a small agency. My CEO, whose job was basically to schmooze other CEOs, paid herself enough to have a townhouse in the city, all the latest bullshit, ate expensive foods, the whole nine yards. I was literally eating cans of black beans twice a week despite working 80 hours a week and bringing in millions of dollars for the company. I'm never going to be like my former CEO.

Oh dear, I think you've missed my entire point. Slack is what it all comes down to. There's SO MUCH slack. Do you think the corporations who are firing elderly cashiers and autistic baggers don't have millions (billions?) to spare? They do. But they want to trim as much fat as they possibly can. And again, they're not going to pass the savings onto you. They're going to pass it onto their bowtie-wearing, polo-playing, pointdexter Ivy League son when they kick the bucket and are buried in their golden casket.

SteveNK
02-21-2018, 03:03 AM
The process of creating a power tool requires more workers and resources than a manual tool. Power tools have enabled people to work faster, make more customers, etc. So I don't know where you're going with this.

Computers did not wipe out as many jobs as you think. Accountants still account; they just do so on a computer. Film editors still edit; they just do so on a computer. Writers still write. You get the idea. Not only that, but computers and the Internet are a tool of self-improvement and dissemination of information. Computers have upskilled everyone. The playing field may not be even, but nearly everyone in the civilized world has benefited.

Yes, new technology creates new jobs at the same time as destroying old jobs. Where I was going with it is exactly where you've gone with it.

As for societal good, ATMs - customer choice? Cash in the middle of the night? Drive-thrus - quicker service? The biggest time saving invention for women in the last 60 years was convenience food, time saved on preparing food has literally changed women's lives and therefore the workplace. Unintended consequence.

As others have pointed out, you don't seem like you're good at running a business.

Yes but they were just cheap shots. You know full well about growth and business life cycle.

Regarding pensions, stock market, consumer goods, I'll concede that point. I, in certain ways, support the corporations that I hate. My point would be that we have to choose our battles. If I were to act in a 100% idealist fashion, I'd be out on the streets. Paraphrasing Guy Debord, surrender to the machine brings liberation. But you don't have to hand your life over to Comcast.

Fair enough.

Sheesh. You sound like a Republican. Yup, we have record employment levels over here. You know what else we have? Record disparity between the poor and the rich. Before I started my own business, I was working for a small agency. My CEO, whose job was basically to schmooze other CEOs, paid herself enough to have a townhouse in the city, all the latest bullshit, ate expensive foods, the whole nine yards. I was literally eating cans of black beans twice a week despite working 80 hours a week and bringing in millions of dollars for the company. I'm never going to be like my former CEO.

You don't have to be like your former CEO. Being made redundant and therefore free to go and find another job is completely different from being manipulated into working double your contracted hours for below market remuneration. This seems to be an American problem by the way, it's not something we see much of in Europe.

Oh dear, I think you've missed my entire point. Slack is what it all comes down to. There's SO MUCH slack. Do you think the corporations who are firing elderly cashiers and autistic baggers don't have millions (billions?) to spare? They do. But they want to trim as much fat as they possibly can. And again, they're not going to pass the savings onto you. They're going to pass it onto their bowtie-wearing, polo-playing, pointdexter Ivy League son when they kick the bucket and are buried in their golden casket.

Supermarkets work on between 1-3% margin (what margin do you work on?), customers demand low prices and we get them. Food prices have been falling in real terms for decades. If they find a way to eke out an extra 0.5% their shareholders (you and I) and their customers demand it because if they don't someone else will and then they will be behind the curve. Your impression of what happens is just that - an impression - and it's wrong.

lithy
02-21-2018, 08:24 AM

The fuck is this shit?

Stupid or naive? Pick one.

Tripredacus
02-21-2018, 12:37 PM
how is Star Trek an ideal?

It is not ideal until after WWIII and those 600 million people are killed.

lithy
02-21-2018, 03:52 PM
It is not ideal until after WWIII and those 600 million people are killed.

You think we can only kill <10% of the world's population during WW3? C'mon, we can do better than that.

fakeXsound
02-22-2018, 12:40 AM
Yes, new technology creates new jobs at the same time as destroying old jobs. Where I was going with it is exactly where you've gone with it.

As for societal good, ATMs - customer choice? Cash in the middle of the night? Drive-thrus - quicker service? The biggest time saving invention for women in the last 60 years was convenience food, time saved on preparing food has literally changed women's lives and therefore the workplace. Unintended consequence.

I think the fact that you think we're talking about the same thing shows we're clearly not on the same wavelength. What I'm saying is that there are tiers of automation, obsolescence, etc. Some bring improvements with minimal downsides. Others have huge consequences, unintended or otherwise.

You don't have to be like your former CEO. Being made redundant and therefore free to go and find another job is completely different from being manipulated into working double your contracted hours for below market remuneration. This seems to be an American problem by the way, it's not something we see much of in Europe.

It's not that I didn't like her; it's that we were being exploited. My point was in response to your point about record employment levels, not to people losing their jobs to automation. Point being that while, yes, employment is at a high point, it doesn't mean it's all roses. It still means that 75+% of people are still just scraping by.

Supermarkets work on between 1-3% margin (what margin do you work on?), customers demand low prices and we get them. Food prices have been falling in real terms for decades. If they find a way to eke out an extra 0.5% their shareholders (you and I) and their customers demand it because if they don't someone else will and then they will be behind the curve. Your impression of what happens is just that - an impression - and it's wrong.

Yes, they do, but remember that they sell in volume. People spend hundreds per week on groceries and those are repeat customers; they're back on a weekly or semi-weekly basis. (Some sell certain items at a loss and recoup those losses through marked up luxury items like certain cheeses and stuff like that.) My margins are much higher because while almost all of my clients and sub-clients are repeat customers, they're not dedicating 10% of their business' profits to me, like a family would to a grocery store. I could take another cheap shot at your business acumen here, but I won't.

Obviously, we have very different perceptions of reality. I don't engage religious people in debates on whether or not god exists because there's just zero common ground and neither person is going to be shifted in either direction. Feels like the same in this scenario.

PS: Classic Lithy.

Edit: Interesting that you said that overworking is a US thing. It's so funny when that's brought up over here. You either get a "pull yourself up by the bootstraps" lecture, or you get "Well, look at Greece! They had relaxed work weeks and they're broke!" There's no ration discussion as to avoiding psychological and emotional suicide via overwork. People are miserable in Boston. There's so much angst regarding sports, even when the Boston / New England teams are winning, and everyone is overworked. Bad combo.

SteveNK
02-22-2018, 05:17 AM
I think the fact that you think we're talking about the same thing shows we're clearly not on the same wavelength. What I'm saying is that there are tiers of automation, obsolescence, etc. Some bring improvements with minimal downsides. Others have huge consequences, unintended or otherwise.

It's not that I didn't like her; it's that we were being exploited. My point was in response to your point about record employment levels, not to people losing their jobs to automation. Point being that while, yes, employment is at a high point, it doesn't mean it's all roses. It still means that 75+% of people are still just scraping by.

Yes, they do, but remember that they sell in volume. People spend hundreds per week on groceries and those are repeat customers; they're back on a weekly or semi-weekly basis. (Some sell certain items at a loss and recoup those losses through marked up luxury items like certain cheeses and stuff like that.) My margins are much higher because while almost all of my clients and sub-clients are repeat customers, they're not dedicating 10% of their business' profits to me, like a family would to a grocery store. I could take another cheap shot at your business acumen here, but I won't.

Obviously, we have very different perceptions of reality. I don't engage religious people in debates on whether or not god exists because there's just zero common ground and neither person is going to be shifted in either direction. Feels like the same in this scenario.

PS: Classic Lithy.

Edit: Interesting that you said that overworking is a US thing. It's so funny when that's brought up over here. You either get a "pull yourself up by the bootstraps" lecture, or you get "Well, look at Greece! They had relaxed work weeks and they're broke!" There's no ration discussion as to avoiding psychological and emotional suicide via overwork. People are miserable in Boston. There's so much angst regarding sports, even when the Boston / New England teams are winning, and everyone is overworked. Bad combo.

I don't know why I always end up in these huge multiquote debates (probably because I enjoy them even though I know they piss everyone else off), but you seem like a nice guy and that's enough for me.

Onwards and upwards amigo.

fakeXsound
02-22-2018, 01:56 PM
I don't know why I always end up in these huge multiquote debates (probably because I enjoy them even though I know they piss everyone else off), but you seem like a nice guy and that's enough for me.

Onwards and upwards amigo.

Likewise. ¡Vamanos!

Evil Wasabi
02-23-2018, 07:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkFAcFtBD48

Bali Mangthi Kali Ma. Shakthi Degi Kali Ma.

fakeXsound
03-09-2018, 04:13 PM
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/377652-trump-lawyers-aim-to-offer-mueller-an-interview-in-exchange-for

:lol::lol::lol:

Trump's lawyers are offering Mueller an interview with Trump... if he concludes the investigation within 60 days.

Poison Sama
03-10-2018, 02:02 AM
So, who wants to bet that Putin is muscling North Korea into talks with the US to help make Trump look good?

Likewise. ¡Vamanos!

It's spelled "vamonos" btw.

OrochiEddie
03-11-2018, 11:20 AM
2016 Putin: There was no hacking
2017 Putin: Maybe some patriotic Russians hacked
2018 Putin: The Jews did it.

(stolen from twitter)

fakeXsound
03-21-2018, 06:16 PM
Trump got a paper coaching him to not congratulate Putin. Did so anyway. :keke:

Let's say that Mueller is fired. Do you think he spills what he knows? Or does he have too much honor?

Evil Wasabi
03-21-2018, 07:01 PM
Trump got a paper coaching him to not congratulate Putin. Did so anyway. :keke:

Let's say that Mueller is fired. Do you think he spills what he knows? Or does he have too much honor?

I think if Trump fires Mueller, Trump would get fucked so hard by his own party, like Nixon in the 70s when he fired the special investigator.

fakeXsound
03-21-2018, 08:03 PM
I think if Trump fires Mueller, Trump would get fucked so hard by his own party, like Nixon in the 70s when he fired the special investigator.

I hope so, but get the feeling they'd rally for Trump.

SML
04-10-2018, 08:31 PM

lol

And December. (http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/382578-trump-tried-to-fire-mueller-in-december-report)

lol

100proof
04-10-2018, 09:45 PM

If the last two years have taught me anything it's to never underestimate the hypocrisy and cowardice of Republican politicians.

Oh yeah, also Trump is shitting his pants over his lawyer and bestie's house and office getting raided. As much as I want this whole nightmare over with, there's also a certain sense of satisfaction in watching Mueller meticulously put this puzzle together. I suppose after watching 18 months of this orange shitstain fail miserably at even the most basic aspects of being the president, it's nice to see someone work who's good at their job.

Poppy
04-12-2018, 10:10 PM
lol lwk

wyo
04-13-2018, 01:17 AM
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?267139-Who-you-going-to-vote-for-between-Trump-and-Hillary

Anyone want to reconsider their vote yet?

Poison Sama
04-13-2018, 04:04 AM
https://i.imgur.com/xDkd3Ax.gif

SML
11-01-2018, 04:53 PM
https://youtu.be/wX7XhhfWRVk

fakeXsound
11-01-2018, 05:18 PM
I haven't had time to read it, but I saw a headline where someone is arguing that Mueller has subpoenaed Trump. I think Trump would be further into meltdown mode if that were true.

The Mueller smear is hilarious though.