dr ben gave a speech today.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
7pXl29A.png

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Poisonous amounts of lead in the knife-countering belt buckle? Or maybe it's just the triangle of life.

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
Thank Christ he's only HUD secretary and not surgeon general. Renowned brain surgeon here folks.

Marek

Banned
Pretty sure they were just property back then... :scratch:

You should be happy to be responsible for Ben carson having a cabinet position.

Dont even spew that "I'm from California my vote doesn't count" dogshit, either.

Own it! Love it! Your dead behind the eyes Christian theocratic regime loves you more than they'll ever love me. Take pride in what you've accomplished!

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
They were immigrants. Though the characterization is really really bad.

Last edited:

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
To be fair I'd also be dreaming of freedom if I was in the bottom of a slave ship.

Stefan

Philadelphia Freeman,
20 Year Member
What do you expect from a guy who unequivocally thinks that the pyramids in Egypt were built for storing grain?

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I've never defended Carson...and I won't start now.

I will say that his grammar is correct though. One can be an immigrant-slave. That's actually correct grammar. One can be an immigrant without being a slave, one can be a slave without being an immigrant. People brought here on slave ships were exactly that, immigrant slaves.

Now...that is not what he's suggesting, and I get that. I just wanted to point that out.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I've never defended Carson...and I won't start now.

I will say that his grammar is correct though. One can be an immigrant-slave. That's actually correct grammar. One can be an immigrant without being a slave, one can be a slave without being an immigrant. People brought here on slave ships were exactly that, immigrant slaves.

Now...that is not what he's suggesting, and I get that. I just wanted to point that out.

:scratch:

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Carson is one of the finer examples of how you can be incredibly smart/proficient in one area, but at the same time be really fucking dumb/inept in another area.

His choice of words were very poorly thought out and quite embarrassing.

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Carson is one of the finer examples of how you can incredibly smart/proficient in one area, but at the same time be really fucking dumb/inept in another area.

His choice of words were very poorly thought out and quite embarrassing.

I think that's the case with many highly intelligent people. It's like we're all D&D characters with only so many attribute points to go around. You have intelligence in one column and common sense in another. Putting all your points in one column deprives the other.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
It is hindsight that allows one to state that imported slaves are immigrants. Of course in the period, they were not immigrants as they were not to be citizens (or even considered to be people in some cases) and were only property. They were on the same level as livestock.

This isn't that outdated of a situation... are those who are brought into the country to be sex slaves also considered immigrants? Does immigration require that the person has come to the country of their own free will? If said person arrives here as property and against their free will, wouldn't they then be freed and returned to their country of origin, or if they are made to stay, what exactly would that be called? I don't think "Forced Migration" is a term that fits that situation.