PDA

View Full Version : NEOSD AES Support thread !

Pages : 1 [2]

pixeljunkie
09-28-2017, 12:14 PM
Is the cart properly seated? having a screen with just text looks like some pin is not making proper contact in the cart connector. If that happens, you can try moving the cart a bit and see if the graphics appear.

I'll give it a go and see - thx

edit: nope, cleaned cart and slot has been cleaned recently - slightly wiggled cart during intro to no avail.

More weirdness: Breakers revenge resets the system in the middle of intro. :( If i attempt to skip to game, garbled pixels and no players sprites.

Edit: making sure all modes are set to AES and "BIOS" seems to be helping the Kizuna issue. Breakers still has no player sprites though...so confused

All games I played the hell out of just fine before updating FW

So, question: Is there any reason changing the region should cause this much problems? I've set region, etc. all to BIOS and now things seem to work as normal. But I distintly remember setting my Jpn system to US region just fine and playing a ton with no probs. Now if I deviate from anything other than "BIOS" in the settings I am getting all kinds of weirdness and errors. Still seeing some glitches but way less.

ubersaurus
09-28-2017, 08:27 PM
I noticed on mine playing some Samurai Shodown Special that when the camera zooms out the character sprites get funky looking - like not every part is zooming out properly on them, vertically. I tried it with the unfixed AES rom and the MVS rom, tried a few different regions on the unibios, still happens. Any insight into the problem? Same issue is coming up on Samurai 3 when I tested it, but since I have that cart for real and it doesn't do it, gotta be a Neo SD issue somewhere.

AES serial is 211165, it's using unibios 2.3.

neodev
09-29-2017, 01:50 AM
I noticed on mine playing some Samurai Shodown Special that when the camera zooms out the character sprites get funky looking - like not every part is zooming out properly on them, vertically. I tried it with the unfixed AES rom and the MVS rom, tried a few different regions on the unibios, still happens. Any insight into the problem? Same issue is coming up on Samurai 3 when I tested it, but since I have that cart for real and it doesn't do it, gotta be a Neo SD issue somewhere.

AES serial is 211165, it's using unibios 2.3.

Do you have a video showing it the right and wrong ways? Maybe there is some unknown quirk in the sprite decoder that makes it generate wrong data in some cases. Does it happen in both players or only if they are facing a specific direction?

neodev
09-29-2017, 01:52 AM
I'll give it a go and see - thx

edit: nope, cleaned cart and slot has been cleaned recently - slightly wiggled cart during intro to no avail.

More weirdness: Breakers revenge resets the system in the middle of intro. :( If i attempt to skip to game, garbled pixels and no players sprites.

Edit: making sure all modes are set to AES and "BIOS" seems to be helping the Kizuna issue. Breakers still has no player sprites though...so confused

All games I played the hell out of just fine before updating FW

So, question: Is there any reason changing the region should cause this much problems? I've set region, etc. all to BIOS and now things seem to work as normal. But I distintly remember setting my Jpn system to US region just fine and playing a ton with no probs. Now if I deviate from anything other than "BIOS" in the settings I am getting all kinds of weirdness and errors. Still seeing some glitches but way less.

Try disabling the backup ram feature in the options menu, also try setting to cartridge mode and taking the SD out to disable all neosd features and run as a plain original cart.

ubersaurus
09-29-2017, 09:14 AM
Do you have a video showing it the right and wrong ways? Maybe there is some unknown quirk in the sprite decoder that makes it generate wrong data in some cases. Does it happen in both players or only if they are facing a specific direction?

I'll grab some direct capture after work today. It seemed to be happening to both characters as the camera zooms out, regardless of which way they were facing. Now that I'm thinking about it, none of the other games I played on there (Mr. Do, MOTW, KOF 2001) had the camera zooming in and out and they all looked fine - wonder if it's connected to that.

neodev
09-29-2017, 09:40 AM
I'll grab some direct capture after work today. It seemed to be happening to both characters as the camera zooms out, regardless of which way they were facing. Now that I'm thinking about it, none of the other games I played on there (Mr. Do, MOTW, KOF 2001) had the camera zooming in and out and they all looked fine - wonder if it's connected to that.

I recall having read that some MVS/AES converters have zooming issues, so we had some people that have used them an noticed the issues test the cart till there were no issues, but maybe there is any still left. There were some unknown behaviour in the sprite decoder, like what happens if the control signals change in the middle of a block, of if the data is not reloaded after shifting out all the data.

pinkstone
09-29-2017, 03:07 PM
I recall having read that some MVS/AES converters have zooming issues, so we had some people that have used them an noticed the issues test the cart till there were no issues, but maybe there is any still left. There were some unknown behaviour in the sprite decoder, like what happens if the control signals change in the middle of a block, of if the data is not reloaded after shifting out all the data.

Hi, I think I have this issue with Super Sidekicks 2,3,4 and Neo Geo Cup '98 only. The players has vertical lines and the rest of the game screen is fine. I tested Ultimate 11 with a Phantom 1 and the players are ok. I linked a SS3 screen in the Neosd support page two days ago and described this problem.
Its a really great product.
Thanks!

ubersaurus
09-29-2017, 05:36 PM

Here's the video for Samurai Shodown III: https://youtu.be/dKroDrYjCVo
And Samurai Shodown Special, which seems more prominent: https://youtu.be/tn1kg0kIzoA

It's not like the original is super pretty or anything zoomed out, but it looks noticeably worse on the SD cart version. I really noticed on the Samurai Special one just because I was playing the PS4 release of it a week ago.

pinkstone
09-30-2017, 07:21 AM
And here is the pic of the SS3:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8THfuszPYBiWHlFekxrRXl3aEU/view?usp=sharing
When the players moves it worse.
Im using a Unibios 3.3 and the AES serial is 211073, board 3-5.

It also happen in Samurai Shodown Special at the beggining of the battle when the zooming take place.

neodev
10-01-2017, 10:14 AM
And here is the pic of the SS3:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8THfuszPYBiWHlFekxrRXl3aEU/view?usp=sharing
When the players moves it worse.
Im using a Unibios 3.3 and the AES serial is 211073, board 3-5.

It also happen in Samurai Shodown Special at the beggining of the battle when the zooming take place.

Ok, I see the pictures and video.

I've seen that while developing the neosd AES cart. I'll investigate and fix it. It might take a while as we need to test it with all other boards

Sunken
10-01-2017, 03:13 PM
For the graphic glitches, it seems to be a power supply issue. What are the models used (original or third party)?

ubersaurus
10-01-2017, 06:42 PM
Ok, I see the pictures and video.

I've seen that while developing the neosd AES cart. I'll investigate and fix it. It might take a while as we need to test it with all other boards

Thanks, I appreciate it! Great cart, I'm really happy with it.

As for my power supply, I'm using the original one that came with the system.

pinkstone
10-01-2017, 06:42 PM
I have an original power supply.

ubersaurus
10-09-2017, 09:54 AM
By the way, I've been trying to register my NeoSD unit on the website but it isn't accepting my serial number. Got it from SAG at the end of September.

pva
10-10-2017, 10:15 AM
By the way, I've been trying to register my NeoSD unit on the website but it isn't accepting my serial number. Got it from SAG at the end of September.

Have you tried emailing the NeoSD team at contact at neosdstore.com? (The address is listed on their FAQ (https://www.neosdstore.com/shop/index.php?id_cms=7&controller=cms&id_lang=1) page.) I had the same problem, and they sorted me out within a few hours. While I bought my cart from them directly, I shouldn't think buying from SAG should be a problem since you have a valid serial number.

pixeljunkie
10-10-2017, 01:41 PM
Has anyone compiled the music list files for the jukebox?

Nevermind:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?268514-MVS-amp-AES-NEOSD-flash-card-AES-Version-ANNOUNCED-amp-AVAILABLE!!&p=4193390&viewfull=1#post4193390

Rot
10-10-2017, 03:57 PM
Has anyone compiled the music list files for the jukebox?

Nevermind:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?268514-MVS-amp-AES-NEOSD-flash-card-AES-Version-ANNOUNCED-amp-AVAILABLE!!&p=4193390&viewfull=1#post4193390

it's also compiled properly in post 44... just sayin'...

xROTx

Ricard350
10-16-2017, 07:21 PM
I dont know if it was already asked,
For the developer, I want to know if we can still create a profile on neosdstore.com to download software/firmware updates when purchasing our NeoSD from Stoneage gamer....
Thanks

madLEGOman
10-19-2017, 01:58 PM
full disclosure: I am a noob, I am extremely dumb. I am also lazy to read through 34 pages of this thread, though i have read through probably half of that.
picked up one of these things a little while back. works pretty dang awesome, but i still feel like i'm missing a bit. after a google search, found some "thingies" for it from that bird site. 188 of those thingies were converted to a .neo format, but some of those are bootlegs (like 3 versions of that crouching tiger game). i know people have mentioned 259 thingies, but does that include bootlegs? wondering just how many thingies i am missing out on. can't seem to access the chat room here. downloaded some flashchat thing, but didn't seem to make any difference.

on a side note, the neo builder tool seemed to have a fixed window size. for me it cropped a fair amount of the window off. i was however able to tab through the buttons and hit enter to work around that problem.

Rot
10-19-2017, 02:07 PM
full disclosure: I am a noob, I am extremely dumb. I am also lazy to read through 34 pages of this thread, though i have read through probably half of that.
picked up one of these things a little while back. works pretty dang awesome, but i still feel like i'm missing a bit. after a google search, found some "thingies" for it from that bird site. 188 of those thingies were converted to a .neo format, but some of those are bootlegs (like 3 versions of that crouching tiger game). i know people have mentioned 259 thingies, but does that include bootlegs? wondering just how many thingies i am missing out on. can't seem to access the chat room here. downloaded some flashchat thing, but didn't seem to make any difference.

on a side note, the neo builder tool seemed to have a fixed window size. for me it cropped a fair amount of the window off. i was however able to tab through the buttons and hit enter to work around that problem.

Post 44... (http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?269010-NEOSD-MVS-Support-thread-!&p=4140218&viewfull=1#post4140218)

That is ALL you need to know n00b...

madLEGOman
10-19-2017, 03:09 PM
This unworthy noob appreciates it, thanks

ToastedThoughts
10-24-2017, 03:35 PM
Hello I ordered the neosd aes version and I was wondering if it would work with my Neo Geo AES home console because I have installed the Unibios.

Rot
10-24-2017, 03:58 PM
Hello I ordered the neosd aes version and I was wondering if it would work with my Neo Geo AES home console because I have installed the Unibios.

Yes...

Ricard350
10-25-2017, 06:49 PM
I've encountered a small graphical issue that presents itself inconsistently. Almost looks like static, with single pixels flashing randomly. This is unscientific, but I think it's more prevalent with bigger games. I've recorded a brief video showing this glitch:

https://youtu.be/_wlgFg1A6Uk

I've never spotted before this with my cartridges, so I'm thinking it's either from the NeoSD or the combo of my setup + NeoSD. This is what I'm running:

Neo Geo AES 3-5
SEGA SA-160A power supply (Mega Drive)
NeoSD 1.05

Any thoughts? Apologies if it's been addressed before, I wasn't able to find anything here other than a passing mention of a similar sounding issue by member FikNaldo in the official news thread (he described a small issue with 'speckles').

I just received my NEOSD from Stone Age Gamer and I noticed that same random static when I was using it (Metal Slug) in this case.
Upon reset everthing was perfect.
I was trying to reproduce the glitch (basic troubleshooting 101 --- trying to recreate the problem) and it seems to happen very rarely about 10% of the time.
Last time it happened I recalled the Overlay menu and relaunched the game (instead of hard reset or cycling on/off) and it was back to performing flawlessly.
It just seems that it might be finicky who knows.

Based on my personal experience working on F18s, I really do believe sometime electronics can have a mind of their own like just having a random glitch, cycle power and back to normal life. Many time I had to tell pilots to cycle generator on/off and then error codes were clearing.

I know that trying to fix a "potential issue" that is super duper hard to recreate is soo freakin hard to fix.

Like a couple of post after Gyrian fist talked about this, Mr. Razoola mentioned that I could just be a small timming issues between chips in the cart that could happen when launching a game and it seems that just resetting fixes it, because when launching a game from the menu the cart looks like its soft resetting itself.

It has the latest firmware 1.06. And my AES is a model board 3-5 and im using a Sega CD AC adapter P/N 1602-1 Output 10v 1.2A
I have 1 genuine cart (fatalfury special) and it never showed this static.

Im just reporting it because the DEV team have suggested that the new firmware 1.06 might have have fixed it and first time someone reported that "issue" it was under firmware 1.05.
Just for them so they can keep track of it...

Thanks
BTW I am a VERY satisfied customer!!!

ToastedThoughts
10-27-2017, 04:15 AM
Hello when I try to use the neobuilder tool all I see is nothing but a Bunch of missing Roms. What am I doing wrong?

Rot
10-27-2017, 04:28 AM
Hello when I try to use the neobuilder tool all I see is nothing but a Bunch of missing Roms. What am I doing wrong?

The main mistake... is you're using the neo builder tool...

GEEZ!

xROTx

ToastedThoughts
10-27-2017, 11:04 AM
So then what should I do?

nono2lozere
10-27-2017, 11:57 AM

learn to read.

Rot
10-27-2017, 11:58 AM

HERE... Dumbass: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?269010-NEOSD-MVS-Support-thread-!&p=4140218&viewfull=1#post4140218

learn to read.

YOU TELL HIM NUBSTER!... I approve...

xROTx

ToastedThoughts
10-27-2017, 03:48 PM
Okay I figured it out thanks you guys one more question is there any way to get games like Cadillac and dinosaurs ninja baseball Batman or The Simpsons arcade game up and running?

Thamiel
10-27-2017, 03:51 PM
This should be good.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Rot
10-27-2017, 04:07 PM
Okay I figured it out thanks you guys one more question is there any way to get games like Cadillac and dinosaurs ninja baseball Batman or The Simpsons arcade game up and running?

How about you shut up or I kick you in the balls...

The Quick answer is no... The Long answer is... you're getting on my nerves...

madman
10-27-2017, 04:09 PM

Yes, download MAME.

ToastedThoughts
10-27-2017, 04:48 PM
So if I download Mame files I can play them on the neosd?

FilthyRear
10-27-2017, 04:51 PM
Yes.

Craig
10-27-2017, 04:54 PM

how fucking stoned are you?

ToastedThoughts
10-27-2017, 05:42 PM
Seems like everyone on here is an a hole. A shame the neo geo community is like this.

ShootTheCore
10-27-2017, 05:48 PM
The NeoSD plays Neo Geo ROMs on Neo Geo hardware ... and that's all. The other games you mentioned are not Neo Geo games, hence they will not run on the Neo Geo through the NeoSD.

The games you see on your NeoSD menu is all there is. Period.

FilthyRear
10-27-2017, 05:54 PM
Seems like everyone on here is an a hole. A shame the neo geo community is like this.

Yes, sad!

madman
10-27-2017, 05:54 PM

Not everyone. We also have dumbass n00bs who think a Neo Geo flash cart can magically make the Neo Geo play any arcade game.

The NeoSD plays Neo Geo ROMs on Neo Geo hardware ... and that's all. The other games you mentioned are not Neo Geo games, hence they will not run on the Neo Geo through the NeoSD.

The games you see on your NeoSD menu is all there is. Period.

Party pooper.

Craig
10-27-2017, 07:16 PM

Stupid bitch...

joala
10-27-2017, 09:28 PM

I actually thought he was taking the piss at first, but nope.

Razoola
10-28-2017, 03:05 AM
This is a tech support forum, maybe these noobs who appear to know nothing with stupid requests should be treated a little better, even if they are baters. I have seen worse questions in my time (Konrad springs to mind). The good knowledge in threads gets quickly lost in the trash otherwise and at the end of the day dumbasses really do exist.

Rot
10-28-2017, 03:10 AM
This is a tech support forum, maybe these noobs who appear to know nothing with stupid requests should be treated a little better, even if they are baters. I have seen worse questions in my time (Konrad springs to mind). The good knowledge in threads gets quickly lost in the trash otherwise and at the end of the day dumbasses really do exist.

That's why He's currently not War Room locked... That's the limit of my patience:p

xROTx

SUPER VEGETA
10-28-2017, 02:13 PM
can I order it from italy? custom taxes are they included? thanks,I would not pay other money,customs declarations in Italy, thanks.

Ricard350
10-28-2017, 02:21 PM
Yeah we should go back on focusing on the purpose of this thread, like on still ongoing issues like Gyrian post #91 and mine which is exactly the same discussed at #274.

I spend about half an hour to study the problem and I am gonna try to describe the problem behavior the best I can to help out the NEOSD DEVS to give them notes. Bear with me I'm french Canadian :P

When I boot a game and the pixel glitch happens or not...
If the game starts perfectly, (like about 80% of the time) it always remains perfect until I reset, or change the game. I have NEVER seen the glitch manifested itself in the middle of a game. It either starts with it or not.

That pixel glitch looks simular to those obtained when work was done trying to get AES carts working on MVS systems. It suggests the cause may be the result of a slight timing issue in the PRO-CT0 / NEO-ZMC2 chip / NEO-CMC emulation on the AES NeoSD.

That is unless the game in the video is that SSV xbox hack, that has pixel glitching but it is related to paletteRAM access.

Is it seems like a timming issues like our Divine Lord and Savior Razoola suggested... It can happens randomly during game boot. Soft reset (bringing up game menu and restart current game), hard reset or power cycle on/off fixes it.

When my game starts with glitches, rotating PSU cable on the back of the console dont affect anything.

Thanks

David

Jontox
10-28-2017, 03:39 PM
If you order the NeoSD directly from NeoSD Store (https://www.neosdstore.com/), the product is shipped from Spain, thus from Europe.
There is no custom fees for any product shipped and received within Europe. So order it with ease.

Cheers

can I order it from italy? custom taxes are they included? thanks,I would not pay other money,customs declarations in Italy, thanks.

Rot
10-28-2017, 03:56 PM
Yeah we should go back on focusing on the purpose of this thread, like on still ongoing issues like Gyrian post #91 and mine which is exactly the same discussed at #274.

What you guys need is to be dealt with by someone else besides a funster Azn...

Thanks

My Pleasure...

David

You may call me... Mr. Te....

xROTx

SUPER VEGETA
10-29-2017, 04:57 AM
Jontox..many thanks...

FBX
11-04-2017, 11:14 AM
It can happens randomly during game boot. Soft reset (bringing up game menu and restart current game), hard reset or power cycle on/off fixes it.

I mentioned this before in this thread, but a friend of mine with more experience on various Neo Geo hardware says this is a known issue and is the fault of the console itself, not the NeoSD. He said the fix is to power-cycle after booting the game if you see the pixel glitches, which of course you already know does fix the issue.

Razoola
11-04-2017, 12:30 PM
I mentioned this before in this thread, but a friend of mine with more experience on various Neo Geo hardware says this is a known issue and is the fault of the console itself, not the NeoSD. He said the fix is to power-cycle after booting the game if you see the pixel glitches, which of course you already know does fix the issue.

I'm not sure about that. Maybe the AES showing the issue have problems but if its only happening with the neoSD and not other original games then I think what your friend told you is very unlikely. I have never seen such a thing myself.

FBX
11-04-2017, 01:34 PM
I'm not sure about that. Maybe the AES showing the issue have problems but if its only happening with the neoSD and not other original games when I think what your friend told you is very unlikely. I have never seen such a thing myself.

Yeah I was thinking you might be right about that. I'll email him and ask him if he as more detailed info on this.

Ricard350
11-05-2017, 09:16 PM
Yeah, I only have 1 original cart beside the NeoSD and I have never seen that happened with my original cart....

neodev
11-06-2017, 06:14 AM
Yeah, I only have 1 original cart beside the NeoSD and I have never seen that happened with my original cart....

Please, send us an email to contact@neosdstore dot com with your serial number and also the versions that appear in the Version option.

FBX
11-10-2017, 12:19 PM
I heard back from my friend about the pixels issue and why he thought it was hardware console end issues: He had tested the NeoSD on three different AES consoles, and only one of them exhibited the random pixel flicker issue. Repeated tests showed it only happened on that one console and not ever the other two.

Razoola
11-10-2017, 01:00 PM
That would be expected given only a minority have the problem. It probably would be helpful if your friend checked the AES HW revision of the affected console as it might be something only affecting certain models.

FBX
11-11-2017, 12:58 PM
I'll ask him (hopefully he remembers). On my end, the issue was coming up in my AES3-3. I didn't really notice the issue any more after updating the NeoSD firmware to the latest, but I need to go back and double-check to make sure it is completely gone. I remember SVC Chaos was notoriously bad with this issue. The opening intro would be rife with flickering pixels.

wolfsoft
11-29-2017, 01:38 AM
Hi there,
I am trying to contact alex via email from neosd for weeks, but he didn't respond. Is there a known problem with him?
I want to order a neosd AES
Thanks

Rot
11-29-2017, 04:18 AM
Hi there,
I am trying to contact alex via email from neosd for weeks, but he didn't respond. Is there a known problem with him?
Thanks

Alex is busy...

What seems to be the issue with ordering an Neosd AES cart?

xROTx

aku
11-29-2017, 07:32 AM
Hi there,
Thanks

https://www.neosdstore.com/shop/index.php?

greedostick
12-01-2017, 11:24 PM
OK, picked up a NeoSD AES. Where is the 1.06 firmware upgrade download? I noticed in my MVS version, there is an actual firmware upgrade link in the downloads. But not in the AES folder. I'm assuming the MVS download will not work because of the serial numbers.

FBX
12-01-2017, 11:49 PM
Heard back from my friend. He sent off the Neo Geo for prototype modding, so he doesn't know offhand what revision it was. However, he had made a video of the pixel flicker happening every other flash of the game ROM, which I reviewed and determined that issue has already been fixed in the newest firmware. I let him know the firmware update fixed that flickering.

Ricard350
12-02-2017, 10:01 AM
I was trying new game on my NEOSD AES and I came across 2 game that did not loaded good, it boot with no neo geo even during the bios splash screen and missing graphics layer.

It happened on Magical drop 3 and Matrimelee, those are the only 2 one so far of about 30 games or so that i have tried. Magical drop 3 for some reason also takes forever to load and it its a bit unusual for a file of that size, roms double the size load faster than this one.

After 1-2 more attempt, managed to load Magical Drop 3 with graphical glitches instead of the neo geo logo.

here is the video

https://youtu.be/cSKMDqGBsLI

What are your thought about this?

Ricard350
12-02-2017, 10:30 AM
It turned out to be the sd card, kept on unmounting itself in windows10 fucking bugger!
Tried Magical drop 3 with another sdcard and it works

thegreathopper
12-06-2017, 07:33 AM
OK, picked up a NeoSD AES. Where is the 1.06 firmware upgrade download? I noticed in my MVS version, there is an actual firmware upgrade link in the downloads. But not in the AES folder. I'm assuming the MVS download will not work because of the serial numbers.

I purchased a used MVS cart and hoped to use the AES version update which I bought new from Neo sd but as you have worked out each cart has a unique firmware, I contacted NeoSD who were extremely helpful and activated my MVS cart.

Send them an email, wonderful product.

pourquoi655
01-11-2018, 11:04 AM
hello I do not see the answer, I have neosd, support it or he will support the memory card and if he can not, can we add a physical memory card thank you in advance, I come soon order the super system 3;) thanks for these happiness

neodev
01-12-2018, 02:39 AM
hello I do not see the answer, I have neosd, support it or he will support the memory card and if he can not, can we add a physical memory card thank you in advance, I come soon order the super system 3;) thanks for these happiness

Hello

The neosd can't emulate a physical memory card mainly because games check if there is a card physically inserted in the card slot, and it's read directly from the input port, so it can't be faked by bios or trap.
On the other hand, SSDS3 internally supports the backup ram, so you don't need any external one.

Notsuoh
01-12-2018, 09:25 AM
Hi,
I'm having a problem with my NeoSD. I loaded a game that is a puzzle game and looks to be a home brew game. It has water melons and various other round objects. You can also drop a bomb to blow things up so that round items fall down. You seem to have to collect little blue balls. Anyway after loading into the game I am now unable to get to the NeoSD menu by pressing start and reset or by holding start on power up on controller 1. Also start+A+D controller 1 for several seconds does not work either. Please help as the game is stuck in the ROM of my NeoSD and I can't play anything now but this puzzle game.

Notsuoh
01-12-2018, 10:29 AM
Hello,

This is the fast way, there is an actual way to reset NEOSD : put a file called reset.cfg on the microsd.

Thanks

I have tried the above and still can't get to the neosd menu. I have an aes model, jap neogeo stock bios. Please help. Thank you.

neodev
01-12-2018, 10:51 AM
I have tried the above and still can't get to the neosd menu. I have an aes model, jap neogeo stock bios. Please help. Thank you.

Usually windows hides the file extensions and it might not be correctly named. Ensure the file extensions are shown in the directory and ensure it's named just reset.cfg, and not reset.cfg.txt or something similar.

Notsuoh
01-12-2018, 06:33 PM
Usually windows hides the file extensions and it might not be correctly named. Ensure the file extensions are shown in the directory and ensure it's named just reset.cfg, and not reset.cfg.txt or something similar.

That fixed it, so thankful. Great people at NEOSD. Have a blessed day.

sheik
01-19-2018, 06:42 PM

You login at www.neosdstore.com/downloads/products click "add product" and then enter your serial number (found in the settings menu of NeoSD). That should give you a download link. It did for me, anyway. Hope that helps.

sheik
01-19-2018, 06:51 PM
OK, my AES + NeoSD has been sitting unused for a while (I've been in a C64 and Amiga mood for the last few months). Back into playing with the Neo Geo now though so upgraded NeoSD to v1.06 firmware, which I'm chuffed to see now offers highscore saving to SD card, MVS mode and soft dip settings. Nice!
I found a problem quite quickly which is entirely possibly just a newbie mistake and not a bug...
I loaded Metal Slug 1 in MVS mode, put it to region Europe and enabled blood in the soft dip settings. As expected, the demo mode ran silently, but blood appeared. Tried to play the game though and couldn't jump. The B button glitches the sprite up a few pixels but it's then like something else immediately cancels the jump. Putting the region to Japan or turning off MVS mode fixes the problem. Tried resetting and also using a different joystick.
My ROM set was supplied by a certain forum mod in a certain chat room...
Any idea?

pixeljunkie
01-29-2018, 12:03 PM
OK, my AES + NeoSD has been sitting unused for a while (I've been in a C64 and Amiga mood for the last few months). Back into playing with the Neo Geo now though so upgraded NeoSD to v1.06 firmware, which I'm chuffed to see now offers highscore saving to SD card, MVS mode and soft dip settings. Nice!
I found a problem quite quickly which is entirely possibly just a newbie mistake and not a bug...
I loaded Metal Slug 1 in MVS mode, put it to region Europe and enabled blood in the soft dip settings. As expected, the demo mode ran silently, but blood appeared. Tried to play the game though and couldn't jump. The B button glitches the sprite up a few pixels but it's then like something else immediately cancels the jump. Putting the region to Japan or turning off MVS mode fixes the problem. Tried resetting and also using a different joystick.
My ROM set was supplied by a certain forum mod in a certain chat room...
Any idea?

I've noticed on mine [Jpn unmodded console] that if I switch regions through software, results are a crapshoot. Some games are fine, others glitch all over the place. So, I would say if you want completely 100% glitch free everything, leave the region switch alone and stick to whatever your console is. That is for now, at least....at least until a fix is announced.

sheik
02-01-2018, 03:18 AM
I've noticed on mine [Jpn unmodded console] that if I switch regions through software, results are a crapshoot. Some games are fine, others glitch all over the place. So, I would say if you want completely 100% glitch free everything, leave the region switch alone and stick to whatever your console is.
Cheers for this, I thought I might be the only one to have seen something strange when switching regions, as I haven't seen anyone else report similar things on here.

...at least until a fix is announced.
Do you know if this is on the Neo team's radar? I'll ping them a bug report now that it seems less likely to be a n00b error.
Mind you, I might wait a bit as they are obviously a bit busy at the moment ;).

Yodd
02-01-2018, 08:50 AM
Cheers for this, I thought I might be the only one to have seen something strange when switching regions, as I haven't seen anyone else report similar things on here.

Do you know if this is on the Neo team's radar? I'll ping them a bug report now that it seems less likely to be a n00b error.
Mind you, I might wait a bit as they are obviously a bit busy at the moment ;).

To be honest, this kind of stuff will be easier to track and get support for once their forums open up here soon.

neodev
02-02-2018, 03:38 AM
I've noticed on mine [Jpn unmodded console] that if I switch regions through software, results are a crapshoot. Some games are fine, others glitch all over the place. So, I would say if you want completely 100% glitch free everything, leave the region switch alone and stick to whatever your console is. That is for now, at least....at least until a fix is announced.

That sounds like a backram issue, as if it's using the incorrect region backup ram. Can you try deleting (or renaming) the backup ram files for that game? There sould be several files, one for each region and system, rename all.

MobiusStripTech
02-02-2018, 03:09 PM
I have noticed an issue while playing Zupapa! where the second player tags in without me having plugged in or touched a second controller. It's happened a couple times on that game.

AlxUnderBase
02-05-2018, 02:44 AM
Good morning guys ... i have a problem with my Neosd AES cart ... i flashing a rom ... "SENGOKU" with the following options : MVS + Cartridge mode - yes ! And now i can't get back on the NEO SD aes cart menu ... i don't know why the A+D+Start combination doesen't work . Anybody know how can i get back there ? Thanks in advance for all your help !

UPDATE : i put on the sd the reset.cfg file and the problem was solved ! I'm on the menu now ... (problem was : - in game trigger - NONE )

neodev
02-05-2018, 02:54 AM
Good morning guys ... i have a problem with my Neosd AES cart ... i flashing a rom ... "SENGOKU" with the following options : MVS + Cartridge mode - yes ! And now i can't get back on the NEO SD aes cart menu ... i don't know why the A+D+Start combination doesen't work . Anybody know how can i get back there ? Thanks in advance for all your help !

Does holding start while booting or resetting work? If it doesn't, place thensd card on the pc and rename lastgame.cfg to reset.cfg.

AlxUnderBase
02-05-2018, 04:16 AM
Thank you , sir ! Working ... all GREAT in rest ... was not my fault ... my brother changed the settings last night and i can't explain in this morning why these things happened ! (In game trigger was putted on NONE ... and on the first rubric - GAME)

Have a great week all of you !

pixeljunkie
02-06-2018, 11:19 AM
That sounds like a backram issue, as if it's using the incorrect region backup ram. Can you try deleting (or renaming) the backup ram files for that game? There sould be several files, one for each region and system, rename all.

interesting! I will give that a go, are they easily spotted on the SD card?

shadowtek
02-13-2018, 10:17 AM
My AES has the UniBios 3.3 installed on it and it seems to be disabling the options particularly the bios ones on the NeoSD AES. When I click the reset button it launches whatever game was flashed despite if i have it set in the options to launch the "menu" instead of "game"

The option to select or change bios from the NeoSD is grayed out as well and when I'm in the game if i hit the special combination of buttons to get back to the menu it pulls up the limited UniBios 3.3 menu and not the NeoSD Menu/game list at all.

Is there a way to set the NeoSD AES so it had priority and can control the bios or is it just locked in that with Unibios 3.3 it takes over control of the NeoSD? Is this set by design? The only way I can get to the game list is if I first turn on the system, hold Start then it will pull up the NeoSD game list and options. Also it seems the games may be locked to whatever the Unibios 3.3 dictates as far as region and such as well.

Razoola
02-13-2018, 11:02 AM
My AES has the UniBios 3.3 installed on it and it seems to be disabling the options particularly the bios ones on the NeoSD AES. When I click the reset button it launches whatever game was flashed despite if i have it set in the options to launch the "menu" instead of "game"

The option to select or change bios from the NeoSD is grayed out as well and when I'm in the game if i hit the special combination of buttons to get back to the menu it pulls up the limited UniBios 3.3 menu and not the NeoSD Menu/game list at all.

Is there a way to set the NeoSD AES so it had priority and can control the bios or is it just locked in that with Unibios 3.3 it takes over control of the NeoSD? Is this set by design? The only way I can get to the game list is if I first turn on the system, hold Start then it will pull up the NeoSD game list and options. Also it seems the games may be locked to whatever the Unibios 3.3 dictates as far as region and such as well.

The neoSD gives up control of its region/mode settings to the unibios (when present) because the unibios can control the system a little more accurately than the neoSD can (because its the bios level). It is by design to give the best experiance to the user when the unibios is available.

What you are experiancing sound correct if I understand you correctly. I suspect you have not yet discovered holding A+D+START for a second or so while a game is playing will also force the neoSD gamelist. If A+D+START is not working, maybe you have set that option in the neosd settings to something else.

[edit]
I think I mis read you, so make sure you have not got the neoSD button code to bring back the neoSD game list to one of the button codes used by the unibios. If its set to A+D+START it should not pull up the unibios ingame menu.

shadowtek
02-13-2018, 12:37 PM
The neoSD gives up control of its region/mode settings to the unibios (when present) because the unibios can control the system a little more accurately than the neoSD can (because its the bios level). It is by design to give the best experiance to the user when the unibios is available.

What you are experiancing sound correct if I understand you correctly. I suspect you have not yet discovered holding A+D+START for a second or so while a game is playing will also force the neoSD gamelist. If A+D+START is not working, maybe you have set that option in the neosd settings to something else.

[edit]
I think I mis read you, so make sure you have not got the neoSD button code to bring back the neoSD game list to one of the button codes used by the unibios. If its set to A+D+START it should not pull up the unibios ingame menu.

Thanks! I did try setting different button codes and that takes me to the bios menu not the NeoSD one even if I change the code on the NeoSD to be something else. That's my biggest issue is right now I have to reset the console to get to the game list. I did try deleting the config file last config or whatever it is, and that didn't seem to help still.

Razoola
02-13-2018, 12:43 PM
Thanks! I did try setting different button codes and that takes me to the bios menu not the NeoSD one even if I change the code on the NeoSD to be something else. That's my biggest issue is right now I have to reset the console to get to the game list. I did try deleting the config file last config or whatever it is, and that didn't seem to help still.

What button code have you got the neoSD set to use and what version unibios are you using?

shadowtek
02-13-2018, 01:08 PM
What button code have you got the neoSD set to use and what version unibios are you using?

I've tried with A+D+Start and with A+C+Start I think. Also, it's Unibios 3.3.

Razoola
02-13-2018, 01:30 PM
I've tried with A+D+Start and with A+C+Start I think. Also, it's Unibios 3.3.

This indicates there is an issue with your controller then. Either your start and select buttons are not working correctly (shorting together) or the fire buttons are shorting. I would suggest going into the unibios controller test (hold down on power on 2UP A+B+C+D) and then test all the buttons on the 1UP side to see where the issue is.

shadowtek
02-13-2018, 02:11 PM
This indicates there is an issue with your controller then. Either your start and select buttons are not working correctly (shorting together) or the fire buttons are shorting. I would suggest going into the unibios controller test (hold down on power on 2UP A+B+C+D) and then test all the buttons on the 1UP side to see where the issue is.

Interesting I hadn't thought of that, I will test tonight. I want to say I tried two different controllers but I'm not 100% I did. I'll report back!

gamelife00
02-20-2018, 06:38 AM
hi all, I've just bought an AES + NEOSD combo and i've been having graphical issues. the picture is perfectly fine on the NEOSD start up screen but when i load a game i sometimes get a 'jumping' pixel effect. so some pixels are flickering. doesn't seem to effect every game and sometimes the same game will have it and then not. i'm wondering if this is a known issue with the AES NEOSD, for eg, not flashing 100% ? i'm using firmware 1.05, is this the latest version?

many thanks

Razoola
02-20-2018, 07:41 AM
hi all, I've just bought an AES + NEOSD combo and i've been having graphical issues. the picture is perfectly fine on the NEOSD start up screen but when i load a game i sometimes get a 'jumping' pixel effect. so some pixels are flickering. doesn't seem to effect every game and sometimes the same game will have it and then not. i'm wondering if this is a known issue with the AES NEOSD, for eg, not flashing 100% ? i'm using firmware 1.05, is this the latest version?

many thanks

It would be helpfull to neosd if you posted a video of the issue you have.

neodev
02-20-2018, 08:30 AM

many thanks

The latest firmware is 1.06, you can download it from the downloads section in www.neosdstore.com . If it doesn't fix them, send us an email to contact at neosdstore dot com with your serial, as we have a newer firmware that fixes glitches in some AES boards.

gamelife00
02-20-2018, 08:32 AM
hi, I've been sent the latest firmware to update first.also, I've read this whole thread and I can see others have had this problem (also, the guy I bought from said he'd never had these issues which I'd strange). Going to try again later after the update and cleaning the power supply contacts to see of that helps. Cheers

gamelife00
02-20-2018, 08:33 AM
Cheers neodev, will email if the firmware doesn't fix the issue :)

shadowtek
02-20-2018, 08:52 AM

I changed the buttons to something besides A+D+Start to get back to the game menu and that seems to be working now. It still does the regions and such based off what Unibios says which I think is expected and I can live with that. Thanks again!

gamelife00
02-20-2018, 09:39 AM
Cheers neodev, will email if the firmware doesn't fix the issue :)

Hi NeoDev, i've just sent an email to your address for the firmware. i tried 1.06 but still getting the flicker on some games.

ghost pilots seems to always work perfectly but neo turf masters doesn't, so i'm more inclined to believe its a NEOsd issue over an AES one...but i could be wrong of course.

cheers, Rich

Ricard350
02-20-2018, 10:27 AM
Hi NeoDev, i've just sent an email to your address for the firmware. i tried 1.06 but still getting the flicker on some games.

ghost pilots seems to always work perfectly but neo turf masters doesn't, so i'm more inclined to believe its a NEOsd issue over an AES one...but i could be wrong of course.

cheers, Rich

I have that same issue sometime, the pixel random flickering, it looks like static. It either happens or not during booting, just reset and it will probably be gone with 1 or 2 reset.
I never seen it starting to happen during gameplay, either the game power on with it or not.

It a perfectly manageable 'glitch' for me....

gamelife00
02-20-2018, 11:44 AM
well i installed this newer forced flash update just now (or at least i think i did, because like an idiot i turned the AES off when it was on a blue screen, during update)...but i turned the AES on again and it didn't re-update so i;m guessing it worked, plus so far it seems that the pixel issue is alot better, i only saw a couple moving around on Magician Lord...will keep playing probably tomorrow night a continue to monitor :)

pixeljunkie
02-20-2018, 03:52 PM
hi, I've been sent the latest firmware to update first.also, I've read this whole thread and I can see others have had this problem (also, the guy I bought from said he'd never had these issues which I'd strange). Going to try again later after the update and cleaning the power supply contacts to see of that helps. Cheers

Are you changing the system region in the NeoSD software? Make sure you leave everything set to stock, whatever your system is. Then see if they glitch.

gamelife00
02-21-2018, 03:47 AM
Are you changing the system region in the NeoSD software? Make sure you leave everything set to stock, whatever your system is. Then see if they glitch.

hi, yeh I've got it set to stock BIOS on the Neo SD. the pixel issue seems better, there were a couple on 1 game but when I hit reset and tried again it was fine.

I just wonder why some games are always perfect and others not, maybe its something the neosd dev guys can rectify over time :)

pixeljunkie
02-23-2018, 05:29 PM
hi, yeh I've got it set to stock BIOS on the Neo SD. the pixel issue seems better, there were a couple on 1 game but when I hit reset and tried again it was fine.

I just wonder why some games are always perfect and others not, maybe its something the neosd dev guys can rectify over time :)

I agree, hopefully so. As I don't have a unibios and would love to switch bios on games. If I change the bios on mine Kizuna Encounter doesn't even show player sprites! So, it's definitely an issue - but also one I can overlook. It will be nice if it is ever fixed.

mjs0686
02-23-2018, 08:36 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm having a problem I believe with my NEOSD.

Bare with me cause I'm new to Neo-geo.

I have a US AES system Serial# 18,XXX

NEOSD firmware version 1.06

I'm seeing some weird graphical issues, (flickering pixels like someone else mentioned (in games like Metal Slug 1-5) but also other things like a "smeared paint" effect when zoomed out in Samurai Shodown.

I don't have an AES Metal Slug to compare so I can't say for sure its the NEOSD but just thought I'd check here first. I do have an AES Samurai Showdown and it's definitely not there on my real cart.

I'm using a known good collection of the roms for my neosd that was floating around on these forums.

First image is with actual AES cart, second is with NEOSD.

https://preview.ibb.co/mWwg3H/SS_CART.jpg

https://preview.ibb.co/hJ6HAx/SS_NEOSD3.jpg

Metal Slug video (hard to capture with a still image)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yibwy2lppqdoteo/MS_NEOSD.MOV?dl=0

I'm using "BIOS" for the options in NEOSD when playing games. I also tried the "Cartridge mode" and just booting that way to see if it would make a difference, same thing though.

Would appreciate any suggestions, thanks!

gamelife00
02-24-2018, 05:11 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm seeing some weird graphical issues, (flickering pixels like someone else mentioned (in games like Metal Slug 1-5) but also other things like a "smeared paint" effect when zoomed out in Samurai Shodown.

I don't have an AES Metal Slug to compare so I can't say for sure its the NEOSD but just thought I'd check here first. I do have an AES Samurai Showdown and it's definitely not there on my real cart.

I'm using a known good collection of the roms for my neosd that was floating around on these forums.

I'm using "BIOS" for the options in NEOSD when playing games. I also tried the "Cartridge mode" and just booting that way to see if it would make a difference, same thing though.

if you reset the AES does the issue get any better go away? the pixel issue must be a NEOSD problem as so many people have experienced it. the dev guys sent me a newer firmware which helped but still not 100% fixed

gamelife00
02-24-2018, 05:15 AM
just to note, from what i have experienced with the pixel issue is that it always seems to effect mainly the top layer of graphics, for example, characters and text. i'm not an expert in any of this but maybe its an issue with the neosd in regards to how that information is sent from the flashcard through to the AES

mjs0686
02-24-2018, 09:16 AM
if you reset the AES does the issue get any better go away? the pixel issue must be a NEOSD problem as so many people have experienced it. the dev guys sent me a newer firmware which helped but still not 100% fixed

Just tried resetting it multiple times, no difference.

RAZO
02-24-2018, 09:50 AM
I noticed this issue with Samurai Shodown 3. I would see these dead pixels in at the title screen and during gameplay. I was popping in the original cart and didn't notice the dead pixels. I think I reformatted the sd card, cleaned my contacts and never noticed a issue ever again.

Which games are you noticing these issues with? I could test on my end and see if I see the same thing.

neodev
02-24-2018, 02:11 PM
Hi everyone,

Hello, we had a report of a similar issue some time ago. We are investigating the cause. We have an idea of the cause, but as we don't have any board that shows the issue, it's very hard to test.

Please, contact us to "contact at neosdstore dot com" with your serial number and as soon as we have a fix, we'll send it to you to check if it fixes your issues.

gamelife00
02-24-2018, 02:27 PM
For the flickering pixel issue the worst game for me is neo turf masters

RAZO
02-24-2018, 04:10 PM
For the flickering pixel issue the worst game for me is neo turf masters

Yea, I just played a few rounds of Neo Turf Masters with zero Issues. My NeoSd Firmware us 1.06 R10, The serial number on my Aes is 55093. Sorry that I couldn't help but I had the flickering pixel issue before but after Cleaning the Contacts and Reformatting the SD card I never noticed it ever again.

neosd
02-25-2018, 05:41 AM
Just tried resetting it multiple times, no difference.

Hello,

You got a firmware update sent by email.

Please let us know the results.

Thanks

mjs0686
02-25-2018, 09:50 AM
Hello,

You got a firmware update sent by email.

Please let us know the results.

Thanks

Hi, I just tried the new firmware however it didn't make any difference unfortunately.

neodev
02-25-2018, 10:27 AM
Hi, I just tried the new firmware however it didn't make any difference unfortunately.

Ok. We are testing another firmware to try, we''ll send it to you shortly, but first, can you check if it updated properly? Please, go to options, Version. If it updated properly, the DEC version should be 0103

mjs0686
02-25-2018, 10:33 AM
Ok. We are testing another firmware to try, we''ll send it to you shortly, but first, can you check if it updated properly? Please, go to options, Version. If it updated properly, the DEC version should be 0103

Just checked, DEC version 0103, confirmed.

Sounds good, thank you.

neosd
02-25-2018, 10:43 AM
Just checked, DEC version 0103, confirmed.

Sounds good, thank you.

new firmware sent.

Let us know the results.

mjs0686
02-25-2018, 11:04 AM
new firmware sent.

Let us know the results.

That worked! Both of those issues are gone now. Thanks!

neosd
02-25-2018, 01:27 PM
That worked! Both of those issues are gone now. Thanks!

i may be wrong but i think there was another user with this same issue.

If so, could he contact us so we can deliver him a solution aswel ?

Thanks

pixeljunkie
02-26-2018, 11:26 AM

Thanks

Definitely me - plz send! thx!

ubersaurus
02-26-2018, 04:54 PM

Thanks

This was me too, you folks sent me the update file this morning and it works great! No more graphical glitches that I've noticed.

mjs0686
02-26-2018, 08:37 PM
Anyone who has used neosd would you mind explaining how the save feature works in games?

Do the games save to the SD card?

For example when I play Metal Slug (I'm on AES mode), and run out of continues am I supposed to be able to restart the game from the level I died (like the Sega Saturn version?).
For me it doesn't do anything. I always have to restart from the beginning.

Do I need to have a memory card in the system?

Does the neosd even work with a real memory card ?

RAZO
02-26-2018, 10:27 PM
Anyone who has used neosd would you mind explaining how the save feature works in games?

Do the games save to the SD card?

For example when I play Metal Slug (I'm on AES mode), and run out of continues am I supposed to be able to restart the game from the level I died (like the Sega Saturn version?).
For me it doesn't do anything. I always have to restart from the beginning.

Do I need to have a memory card in the system?

Does the neosd even work with a real memory card ?

In order to save games you need a Memory Card. NeoSd works with Memory Card.

gamelife00
02-27-2018, 06:18 AM
hi neosd guys, does this new firmware you've been sending out the last few people above fix all the graphical issues? you did send me one which decreased the flickering pixel issue but I'm still seeing this problem on some games.

thanks

neodev
02-27-2018, 06:31 AM
hi neosd guys, does this new firmware you've been sending out the last few people above fix all the graphical issues? you did send me one which decreased the flickering pixel issue but I'm still seeing this problem on some games.

thanks

No, sorry, it just fixes the issue a few users have with shuffled vertical lines in the sprites when zooming out.
We are still trying to find a better solution to your flickering issues. I have several ideas to try to fix it.

gamelife00
02-27-2018, 07:59 AM
No, sorry, it just fixes the issue a few users have with shuffled vertical lines in the sprites when zooming out.
We are still trying to find a better solution to your flickering issues. I have several ideas to try to fix it.

hello again, thanks for letting me know, it is much appreciated :)

mjs0686
02-27-2018, 10:55 AM
In order to save games you need a Memory Card. NeoSd works with Memory Card.

Really?

How come in the NEOSD manual it talks about all these options about "BackRAM Save"

"AES Mode Options:
Continuous:
Yes:
Loads high score data from SD card when game loads, saves the high score data every game loop.
No:
Disables loading of high score data from SD card"

neodev
02-27-2018, 10:59 AM
Really?

How come in the NEOSD manual it talks about all these options about "BackRAM Save"

"AES Mode Options:
Continuous:
Yes:
Loads high score data from SD card when game loads, saves the high score data every game loop.
No:
Disables loading of high score data from SD card"

The backram is a different part from the memory card. It's used by mvs games to store highscoes so they are kept when powering the board off. The memory card is used by games to save progress and allow continuing from there in the next gameplay.

mjs0686
02-27-2018, 11:12 AM
The backram is a different part from the memory card. It's used by mvs games to store highscoes so they are kept when powering the board off. The memory card is used by games to save progress and allow continuing from there in the next gameplay.

OK so we just need an actual memory card in the system then?

Simple enough, thanks.

atman
02-28-2018, 02:14 PM
Noticed that the AES version is out of stock!
I ordered today.. I hope I ordered the last one?

Shipwreck_00
02-28-2018, 06:30 PM
Is this new firmware available on the terraonion website?

Shipwreck_00
02-28-2018, 09:44 PM
Is this new firmware available on the terraonion website?

I currently have 1.06 R10 dec version 0102
is there a newer revision??

atman
03-01-2018, 07:48 AM
Doesnt contact at neosdstore.com email work?

Contacted in august and a few days ago and never got a respond..

Snodrik
03-01-2018, 09:03 AM
I have also ordered a Neosd AES some days ago. Could someone at Neosdstore confirm if these will ship anytime soon or if it was allready out of stock when we ordered? :) Is there a way to get in touch with the store besides the contact (at) neosdstore-email?

neosd
03-05-2018, 01:31 PM
I have also ordered a Neosd AES some days ago. Could someone at Neosdstore confirm if these will ship anytime soon or if it was allready out of stock when we ordered? :) Is there a way to get in touch with the store besides the contact (at) neosdstore-email?

I asume you got your deliver email cause we have sent all pending neosd orders last friday ...

Doesnt contact at neosdstore.com email work?

Contacted in august and a few days ago and never got a respond..

it does,

can we help you here ?

Snodrik
03-06-2018, 08:17 AM
Hi! Thanks for the reply, yes i got the deliver email on Friday :) I was kind of cheap when choosing shipping method and selected Correos. Is there no tracking number for the Correos shipping?

atman
03-06-2018, 10:53 AM
Hi! Thanks for the reply, yes i got the deliver email on Friday :) I was kind of cheap when choosing shipping method and selected Correos. Is there no tracking number for the Correos shipping?

There is a provided link in a mail you got?
I choosed that shipping aswell, and I got a tracking#.

Snodrik
03-06-2018, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the reply atman! The mail says that the order is shipped, and includes my order reference code and links to my "order history" and "my account". But when I log in to check my order there is only a empty field where the tracking number should be (next to the Carrier/weight/shipping cost info). Ill try to send a mail to Neosdstore and ask for the tracking number :)

Snodrik
03-06-2018, 11:26 AM
Aaaand there i got it! Quick! Now the waiting can start... :P

RushedDown
03-10-2018, 03:26 AM
I was playing Garou tonight and when i went to switch to Kof98 the system got stuck on the flashing screen and went about 20%. I left the system on for around 2 hours hoping it would still flash but it did not. I restarted the neo geo and now nothing will flash past 20% i have tried multiple sd cards and still nothing. I have also tried the reset.cfg and that did not help. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have only had the cart since mid January. Firmware is 1.06 r10.

I sent an email to contact@neosdstore with my serial number describing the problem as well as using the support area of the neosd website.

atman
03-14-2018, 04:04 PM
A question.
While paused in Metal Slug X, the character sprite get some snow artifacts, just a few and I can never see it while playing.

Is MSX this way, console related or a known thing?

Super minor, but still..

phoenixdownita
03-27-2018, 01:23 AM
Is the new NeoSD firmware coming out anytime soon?
Aside a few glitch fixes any feature worth mentioning? .... say a little boost in flash time maybe? .. or cheat codes (like NeoSD Pro)? ....

neofreak696
04-30-2018, 06:11 PM
So I received my NeoSD a few days ago. I can confirm what others have said about the flickering pixels from time to time. It seems random with boot ups but definitely more frequent with certain games. Also after I installed my UniBios the option to change the bios has been greyed out. Now I read the previous post about this where you state its less accurate so its been greyed out to offer the best experience. But could you just maybe set it to default to the uni-bios with the option to change it if we desire to do so. I like just setting it once and not having to worry about it. Since the uni-bios cant save settings you have to change everything every time you play. I only have the Uni-Bios installed for NG-Dev Team games.

Thanks

ShootTheCore
04-30-2018, 06:21 PM
I only have the Uni-Bios installed for NG-Dev Team games.

Last I checked, NG Dev disables the UniBIOS with their games. I think Last Hope is perhaps the only game with any cheat codes or UniBIOS support.

dnava84
05-13-2018, 06:50 PM
I am having a problem with the neosd not starting up. All i get is a black screen. All my other carts work just fine, just not the neosd. I sent the first one i received back to stone age gamer thinking it was damaged through shipping but they told me it was fine and sent me a new one. They think it maye be a power issue. I have the correct power supply, looks to be original that came with the system. Pro-pow-ul model no. Neo-0. My serial number is 17844. I would love to figure this out so i can get to playing. Hopefully someone here knows what the issue may be

Terabyte
05-21-2018, 02:24 AM
I have issues with games reporting back as NG when checking via UniBIOS.

Thor06
07-04-2018, 03:25 AM
I am new to the forum
I am looking to you to find out if you have ever had a problem with your neosd?
because I have just received mine and it is already down: - /
when I insert the sd in the cartridge the NeoGeo displays a black screen ...
at the programming of the games I had artifacts on the screen since the first launch this is worse then total breakdown :-(
my Neo works perfectly with my original cartridges ;-))
it's an aes europe with an original bios.
sorry to start with a question on the forum but I am very worried ...
thank you all5064950649

Rot
07-04-2018, 03:29 AM
I am new to the forum
I am looking to you to find out if you have ever had a problem with your neosd?
because I have just received mine and it is already down: - /
when I insert the sd in the cartridge the NeoGeo displays a black screen ...
at the programming of the games I had artifacts on the screen since the first launch this is worse then total breakdown :-(
my Neo works perfectly with my original cartridges ;-))
it's an aes europe with an original bios.
sorry to start with a question on the forum but I am very worried ...
thank you all5064950649

Don't worry...

The Terraonion team are pretty good on Tech support...

My suggestion is post this thread on their official Terraonion support website:

https://forums.terraonion.com/

xROTx

Thor06
07-04-2018, 03:43 AM
Hello Rot
Thank you for your response I already posted the problem on the official website
it's to know if someone had a similar problem with neosd
because I'm worried for the future ...
have a good day

Damulta
07-04-2018, 11:00 AM
He you tried re-inserting the cartridge?

Thor06
07-04-2018, 05:08 PM
Hi
Yes of course many times ...
you can not imagine all the tests I did to make it work she wants to know anything: - /
impossible to enter the boot menu to write a game: always the wonderful black screen!
the worst thing in the story is that the last flash game works without problems apparently when I boot the console without the sd in the cartridge if I put in the sd -> black screen at startup ...
I'm waiting now what the team neosd will decide I hope they will give me another because the cartridge 465€ is hot anyway

The pictures :

https://ibb.co/hE9k4y
https://ibb.co/bRXGBd
https://ibb.co/j9G9Wd
https://ibb.co/e3wXjy

Jason X
12-12-2018, 01:54 PM
Hi everyone, just got my Neo SD AES last week and it's been mostly great. There seem to be a few issues, though. For one, it seems like games will randomly reset at times. They also don't have any music during the attract screen or explanation of controls when set to anything other than "BIOS"->"BIOS". For example, I was hoping to play most games with "MVS" and "English" settings. Finally, Kizuna Encounter doesn't seem to work at all. It has to be set to BIOS->BIOS to even get to the controls section, whereupon it crashes entirely.

Am I forgetting some crucial step? Is there a Neo Geo BIOS that needs to be added to the SD card or something? Any suggestions would be a huge, huge help. I've wanted a Neo Geo since I was like 10 years old, and while it's nice to have the system and this cart, it would be an absolute dream come true if these issues could be resolved. Thanks!

RAZO
12-12-2018, 02:30 PM
Hi
Yes of course many times ...
you can not imagine all the tests I did to make it work she wants to know anything: - /
impossible to enter the boot menu to write a game: always the wonderful black screen!
the worst thing in the story is that the last flash game works without problems apparently when I boot the console without the sd in the cartridge if I put in the sd -> black screen at startup ...
I'm waiting now what the team neosd will decide I hope they will give me another because the cartridge 465€ is hot anyway

The pictures :

https://ibb.co/hE9k4y
https://ibb.co/bRXGBd
https://ibb.co/j9G9Wd
https://ibb.co/e3wXjy

Did you try reformatting your SD card? Also, did you try using a different SD card? What kind of SD card are you using?

Did it ever work fine or did this problem just start happening?

Niko
12-12-2018, 05:43 PM
Hi everyone, just got my Neo SD AES last week and it's been mostly great. There seem to be a few issues, though. For one, it seems like games will randomly reset at times. They also don't have any music during the attract screen or explanation of controls when set to anything other than "BIOS"->"BIOS". For example, I was hoping to play most games with "MVS" and "English" settings. Finally, Kizuna Encounter doesn't seem to work at all. It has to be set to BIOS->BIOS to even get to the controls section, whereupon it crashes entirely.

Am I forgetting some crucial step? Is there a Neo Geo BIOS that needs to be added to the SD card or something? Any suggestions would be a huge, huge help. I've wanted a Neo Geo since I was like 10 years old, and while it's nice to have the system and this cart, it would be an absolute dream come true if these issues could be resolved. Thanks!

The resetting could be power related. Does it happen with original carts? Are you using an OEM power supply?

Jason X
12-13-2018, 01:02 AM
Unfortunately, I got the flash cart in the hopes of avoiding the costs associated with collecting legit games for this system. The console itself is a Japanese unit purchased off of ebay, so I'm also unsure if the power supply is original. It's possible that it wasn't securely plugged into the unit, though.

Numsay
12-19-2018, 10:22 AM
I'm not sure if this will help or not but I have a Japanese AES system with a OEM power supply. It was recommended to me that I use this step down power transformer: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00757RYPK/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_5wgLBb69Y2F3Y
I just got my NEOSD and so far it works without problems.

greedostick
12-19-2018, 11:18 AM
I'm not sure if this will help or not but I have a Japanese AES system with a OEM power supply. It was recommended to me that I use this step down power transformer: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00757RYPK/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_5wgLBb69Y2F3Y
I just got my NEOSD and so far it works without problems.

I use that same converter for my European Amiga. Works great.

I have a jp system and NeoSD also, and I've never had a reset issue. I'd listen to the SD Card suggestions, and maybe get a new PSU if that doesn't work.

DARK DEVIL X
01-05-2019, 07:56 PM
Hi

I have the same graphic issue in the neosd AES
firmware on the neosd 1.6

please any help

snes_collector
02-27-2019, 01:31 PM
Does the file folder need to be named something specific for the roms to show up in the Neo sd?

Edit: Figured it out- the files do not go in a folder

TheKRULIX
03-02-2019, 10:01 AM
Hey guys,

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong with my neosd pro AES. I’ve registered my serial number and am trying to load my micro sd card with the neobuilder. That is where I am stuck. Am I possibly over complicating things? I’m stuck in a loop where I save neobuilder and then open it only to save again. I didn’t want to put the MicroSD card until it was ready to go. Sorry for this, it seems like I’m the only one having a problem like this. Thanks!

Yodd
03-02-2019, 12:09 PM
What are the exact steps you are taking?

TheKRULIX
03-03-2019, 06:24 PM
Thanks Todd,

After I saved the download provided (NeobuilderUI_1.06) to my micro SD card I put it in my NeoSD pro cart and hoped for the best. It didn't have any of the games on it so I must be missing a step and any help would be greatly appreciated.

The instruction manual is good. The problem I'm having is at paragraph 3 of "Getting started"

"To convert the files, just open the NeobuilderUI tool, select a folder containing the .zip files, and press start" I am given the option to open or save. I've tried to open and it asks me to choose an app to open with. I have tried internet explorer and that seems to keep me in the open and/or save loop. This could possibly be the hold up? I will keep trying but possibly some advice?

Thanks so much

Yodd
03-03-2019, 07:51 PM
Thanks Todd,

After I saved the download provided (NeobuilderUI_1.06) to my micro SD card I put it in my NeoSD pro cart and hoped for the best. It didn't have any of the games on it so I must be missing a step and any help would be greatly appreciated.

The instruction manual is good. The problem I'm having is at paragraph 3 of "Getting started"

"To convert the files, just open the NeobuilderUI tool, select a folder containing the .zip files, and press start" I am given the option to open or save. I've tried to open and it asks me to choose an app to open with. I have tried internet explorer and that seems to keep me in the open and/or save loop. This could possibly be the hold up? I will keep trying but possibly some advice?

Thanks so much

lol wut? :lolz:

You need to download the Neobuilder tool to a Windows computer, unzip it and run the NeobuilderUI,exe.

From there you can convert the regular Neo Geo roms into the correct .neo format.

TheKRULIX
03-06-2019, 09:56 PM
Thanks Man, I have 7zip that is working up to the last step you mentioned. I was able to extract neobuilder in 7zip but have not been able to convert neobuilderUI.exe into .neo format. I double click the file and am wondering what I’m doing wrong as it’s not converting to .neo

Thanks

phoenixdownita
03-06-2019, 11:05 PM
Is TheKRULIX for real?

What do you think? Brawn vs brain?

@TheKRULIX you better search around and find that magical Rot post that leads you to contact him in chat and get something hopefully far simpler, well passwords were involved so ... anyhow good luck with your search.

lachlan
03-07-2019, 01:44 AM
Thanks Man, I have 7zip that is working up to the last step you mentioned. I was able to extract neobuilder in 7zip but have not been able to convert neobuilderUI.exe into .neo format. I double click the file and am wondering what I’m doing wrong as it’s not converting to .neo

Thanks

You don't convert neobuilderUI.exe into .neo format. You run neobuilderUI.exe and convert Neo Geo ROMs into .neo format.

Troll? Quite likely at this stage.

gamelife00
05-17-2019, 07:29 AM
so, did Terraonion ever resolve the flickering pixel issue? I fired up my AES for the first time in a while and I'm still seeing this problem on and off...they did send me new firmware last year which helped somewhat but it's still there. what is actually causing this to occur I wonder...

RAZO
05-17-2019, 09:18 AM
so, did Terraonion ever resolve the flickering pixel issue? I fired up my AES for the first time in a while and I'm still seeing this problem on and off...they did send me new firmware last year which helped somewhat but it's still there. what is actually causing this to occur I wonder...

I encountered this issue once and it turned out to be the power supply. I also formatted my sd card. What steps have you taken?

gamelife00
05-17-2019, 09:49 AM
hi mate, I know its not the SD card as it works on my friends MVS neosd. for the power supply I use the UK Megadrive 1 with the Japanese Neo 3-6 board...would using an MD1 supply cause issues like this as I know using this supply is common amongst people in the UK. my official games work perfect too.

I read on the Terraonion forum about some neo geo boards having slightly different chip sets and have a timing difference or something along those lines

RAZO
05-17-2019, 10:02 AM
hi mate, I know its not the SD card as it works on my friends MVS neosd. for the power supply I use the UK Megadrive 1 with the Japanese Neo 3-6 board...would using an MD1 supply cause issues like this as I know using this supply is common amongst people in the UK. my official games work perfect too.

I read on the Terraonion forum about some neo geo boards having slightly different chip sets and have a timing difference or something along those lines

Correct, Not all Neo Geo boards are created equal and what works on your friends console, might not work on yours. If you have the newer Pro-Pow3 Neo's, a fully functional Genny psu should work. Have you tried reformatting your sd card and installing everything again from scratch. Have you also tried a different Power Supply to see if it does the same thing. Also, trying a different card wouldn't hurt just to make sure it's really not the card. What card are you using?

I've never had any issues with Sandisk name brand cards. I have had issues with Samsung Cards though.

gamelife00
05-17-2019, 11:37 AM
Correct, Not all Neo Geo boards are created equal and what works on your friends console, might not work on yours. If you have the newer Pro-Pow3 Neo's, a fully functional Genny psu should work. Have you tried reformatting your sd card and installing everything again from scratch. Have you also tried a different Power Supply to see if it does the same thing. Also, trying a different card wouldn't hurt just to make sure it's really not the card. What card are you using?

I've never had any issues with Sandisk name brand cards. I have had issues with Samsung Cards though.

Cool, I have tried multiple MD1 power supplies. The card I have is a SanDisk too so good quality. I'll try and different card etc and see what happens.thanks.

gamelife00
05-17-2019, 02:52 PM
Cool, I have tried multiple MD1 power supplies. The card I have is a SanDisk too so good quality. I'll try and different card etc and see what happens.thanks.

So to update, i gave the neosd a proper clean and loads of black gunk came off...played two games and both ran perfect. Then I turned the machine off and on and on turf masters I got a few shimmering pixels again. Really bizarre how its so on and off. It has to be something to do with the power if restarting the system changes it. Blooming weird

Hattori Hanzo
05-17-2019, 03:16 PM
The MD power supply is not regulated (9-10V) the original one is also not regulated. You can try a new regulated power supply. :)

I would recommend one from Retro Game Supply:
https://en.retrogamesupply.com/collections/neo-geo/products/power-supply-for-snk-neo-geo-aes

gamelife00
05-17-2019, 04:20 PM
The MD power supply is not regulated (9-10V) the original one is also not regulated. You can try a new regulated power supply. :)

I would recommend one from Retro Game Supply:
https://en.retrogamesupply.com/collections/neo-geo/products/power-supply-for-snk-neo-geo-aes

So maybe it's slight fluctuations in the unregulated output which causes this problem...just been to order one but there are out of stock lol

Hattori Hanzo
05-17-2019, 04:51 PM
Sorry only checked EU plug, just contact them if they can make you one with an UK plug.

PSICODROMO
06-12-2019, 02:02 PM
Can the neosd run patched roms like Metal Slug 2 Turbo or Ironclad "color fix" ?

Niko
06-12-2019, 02:56 PM
Can the neosd run patched roms like Metal Slug 2 Turbo or Ironclad "color fix" ?

Yes, it can.

gamelife00
06-13-2019, 03:56 AM
to give a little update, I finally was able to get one of those plugs and gave it a try last night. seems to have got rid of the flickering pixels but I did have instances where I didn't see them using the MD1 supply too.

maybe to steady regulated power keeps the Neo sd running more smoothly.

will have to play on a bit more until I know for sure.

rich.

Shipwreck_00
06-17-2019, 05:18 PM
Is the new bios for the NGCD just a drop in or do I need to unzip? Also Is it 100% compatibility for the NGCD roms?

Razoola
06-18-2019, 12:33 AM
Your CD images need to be unzipped (if zipped) and in a dir named after the neo. You need the full images also with audio tracks included and not just the first track with data files.

phoenixdownita
06-18-2019, 12:50 AM
Your CD images need to be unzipped (if zipped) and in a dir named after the neo. You need the full images also with audio tracks included and not just the first track with data files.

Awesome work Raz, this is truly something else .... do you/Terraonion plan on supporting all of the 101 NGCD releases or just the 25 available now?
Also in your opinion how far off is the music from CDDA quality?

Razoola
06-18-2019, 02:58 AM
I think first any bugs need to be ironed out (there are some known issues). Then maybe I'll get some time to create some more neos. With priority to get the games with extras over the cart based games first. The biggest difference in audio quality is that the Stereo is mixed down to mono. Apart from that the audio quality is really great. You can finally play Zintrick and Crossed Swords 2 with the matching audio (I know some did not like my conversion used CS1 audio). Considering no extra Audio hardware was used I think getting CDDA audio playing at all on a stock MVS / AES is quite something.

pva
06-18-2019, 08:04 AM
Awesome work Raz, this is truly something else .... do you/Terraonion plan on supporting all of the 101 NGCD releases or just the 25 available now

I agree, amazing work, Raz! Will the NGCD version of Last Hope be supported? I have a copy I bought together with some soundtracks that I'd like to play on real hardware, but buying a console just for a single game has seemed a little... excessive.

city41
06-18-2019, 11:12 PM
Thanks for doing this Razoola and TerraOnion. This is a pretty niche feature to add and I think a lot of companies in this space wouldn't have done it. I friggin love it. Playing Metal Slug combat school right now.

I did notice some sound glitches in Metal Slug, whenever you move between menus there's a loud "blip" sound.

Razoola
06-19-2019, 12:47 AM
Thanks for doing this Razoola and TerraOnion. This is a pretty niche feature to add and I think a lot of companies in this space wouldn't have done it. I friggin love it. Playing Metal Slug combat school right now.

I did notice some sound glitches in Metal Slug, whenever you move between menus there's a loud "blip" sound.

Can you make a small video of that blip please?

city41
06-19-2019, 08:52 AM
Can you make a small video of that blip please?

Yup, here you go: https://youtu.be/EDvte5INvtQ

I'm wrong, it has nothing to do with moving in/out of menus. This sound just plays about every six seconds for as long as you sit on the title screen.

Razoola
06-19-2019, 12:01 PM
Thats weird. What kind of CD image files are you using? Make sure its not with WAV files or MP3. Make the image into ccd, cue, img, sub.

gamerwhat
06-19-2019, 12:11 PM
How does saving work with CD games, including ones that originally don't save hiscore? Also is there access to softdips?

Razoola
06-19-2019, 12:22 PM
There is no unibios hiscore saving with CD games and all CD games should use the SDcard and not touch any memory card if inserted into the AES.

gamerwhat
06-19-2019, 12:47 PM
That means SDcard works exactly like neocd backup RAM?

Razoola
06-19-2019, 12:48 PM
yes

city41
06-19-2019, 02:58 PM
Thats weird. What kind of CD image files are you using? Make sure its not with WAV files or MP3. Make the image into ccd, cue, img, sub.

Ah ok, I was using wav files. I'll give ccd/cue/img/sub a shot.

city41
06-21-2019, 12:24 AM
Ah ok, I was using wav files. I'll give ccd/cue/img/sub a shot.

Using ccd/cue/img/sub with Metal Slug has lots of static play whenever a sound effect plays. Possibly a bad rip? Using the new 200619 neo files.

EDIT: I went and played some last blade CD, then came back to metal slug and now it plays totally fine. Played right up to Morden without any issues.

If I ever get the staticky sound effects again I'll make a video.

Razoola
06-21-2019, 02:05 AM
There are some known issues with CDDA sound but there should be on problems with sound fx.

city41
06-24-2019, 11:07 AM
50 CD games now supported, thanks Razoola!

https://twitter.com/terraonion/status/1143181666598445056

No KOF yet, hoping they can get added.

mslugcd.neo
adkworld.neo
aof2cd.neo
aofcd.neo
bjourneycd.neo
cdspecial.neo
cswords2.neo
fromance2.neo
gowcaizrcd.neo
ironcladcd.neo
kof96c.neo
lastbladcd.neo
lastbld2cd.neo
lresortcd.neo
mslug2cd.neo
puzzledcd.neo
samsho2cd.neo
samsho3cd.neo
samsho4cd.neo
samshocd.neo
socbrawlcd.neo
ssrpg.neo
turfmastcd.neo
wjammerscd.neo
zintrick.neo
ralchase.neo
wh1cd.neo
2020bbcd.neo
burningfcd.neo
crswordcd.neo
gpilotscd.neo
lbowlingcd.neo
fbfrenzycd.neo
cyberlipcd.neo
bstars2cd.neo
alpham2cd.neo
mahretsucd.neo
janshincd.neo
moshougicd.neo
pbobblencd.neo
viewpoincd.neo
mutnatcd.neo
nam1975cd.neo
ncombatcd.neo
ncommandcd.neo
pspikes2cd.neo
superspycd.neo
ssidekicd.neo
sengokucd.neo
ridherocd.neo

city41
06-24-2019, 12:19 PM
No KOF yet, hoping they can get added.

TerraOnion said on Twitter: "The larger games require more memory address remapping therefor require more time to prepare. In time there will be all of them available."

gamerwhat
06-26-2019, 08:24 PM
Would it be possible to have unibios cd working with neosd pro?

Razoola
06-27-2019, 12:49 AM
Would it be possible to have unibios cd working with neosd pro?

No because the NeoSDpro is for MVS/AES and not the CD systems.

Neo Alec
06-27-2019, 09:01 AM
I did not know about this amazing CD support! I think it deserves to be split out into its own thread.

So is the CD audio conversion being accomplished by some special hardware in the NeoSD Pro?

Kid Panda
06-27-2019, 10:02 AM
I did not know about this amazing CD support! I think it deserves to be split out into its own thread.

So is the CD audio conversion being accomplished by some special hardware in the NeoSD Pro?

Knowing you, this needs to be said. The cd audio is in mono not stereo.

Neo Alec
06-27-2019, 11:27 AM
Knowing you, this needs to be said. The cd audio is in mono not stereo.
I read that already. Considering the ADPCM capabilities of the system, it's to be expected. Impressions of the sound quality seem to be good, so I'm very interested in hearing it for myself. The fact that it works at all is practically a miracle, and Raz once again must be commended for his work.

Razoola
06-27-2019, 11:55 AM
The actual audio streaming side of it is all neodevs work. I can't take any credit for that. It is really quite impressive.

Neo Alec
06-27-2019, 12:07 PM
Wow, so I guess it's converting the audio files to ADPCM on the fly and loading into memory. Pretty amazing where they've taken the console.

Razoola
06-27-2019, 04:49 PM
Yes, that is what its doing, streaming to the ADPCM-B channel.

city41
06-28-2019, 09:26 AM
I think it deserves to be split out into its own thread.

Agreed. So I just did that.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?278033-NeoSD-Pro-CD-support-thread

Hasi
03-30-2020, 01:59 AM
Hello to all SNK fans!

I wanted to ask you, where I can find a full Neo Geo Rom Set which will work with the NeoSD AES flash card.

Best regards, Hasi.

beetlebum
04-16-2020, 11:08 PM
Hey guys. Recently got a NeoSD Pro. I'm using an official SNK power supply, and I've confirmed that the cart is making a good connection, but I only get a blue screen. Any ideas? Appreciate the help!

Neo Alec
04-23-2020, 08:45 AM
Hey guys. Recently got a NeoSD Pro. I'm using an official SNK power supply, and I've confirmed that the cart is making a good connection, but I only get a blue screen. Any ideas? Appreciate the help!
Sounds like it's not making a good connection, actually. There is a thread about this on the official forums. You will probably need to remove the bottom plastic and try it.

TrevorBelmont
07-05-2020, 10:42 AM
Hi. I just bought my own neosd and looking for a compatible romset. I read through this whole thread especially #44, #132 and #157. But sorry, I didn't get it. Is the link still correct?
Is the "First File" to download the one with the zippyshare URLs? I ask because if I paste for example the first URL in my browser I get a while page with a 403 forbidden. I know I need a
password but is the password for the zip or do I have to login in zippyshare? And can somebody send me the pw? Thank you in advance!

dondi
07-10-2020, 06:23 AM
You are from germany. German ip's were blocked from zippyshare. Use a proxy or vpn to get access.

NeoCverA
07-25-2020, 04:48 PM
Is there a special rom needed to run Irritating Maze (using control stick) with the SD without UNIBIOS?

Digmac
07-26-2020, 07:39 PM
Is there a special rom needed to run Irritating Maze (using control stick) with the SD without UNIBIOS?

Oh mah gawd dude. How many posts have you made with this question? :lolz: Go track down someone who has the NGF joystick patched Irritating Maze and see if they would get it dumped. That, or find a way to see what the unibios is doing. See about shooting Raz a PM.

NeoCverA
07-26-2020, 10:52 PM
Oh mah gawd dude. How many posts have you made with this question? :lolz: Go track down someone who has the NGF joystick patched Irritating Maze and see if they would get it dumped. That, or find a way to see what the unibios is doing. See about shooting Raz a PM.

Get off my ass. You probably have it but won't share you stingy ass.

Yeah, ive sent Raz a PM, Stefano and I'm on a French Forum fingers crossed.

persistence.

Digmac
07-26-2020, 11:11 PM
Get off my ass. You probably have it but won't share you stingy ass.

Yeah, ive sent Raz a PM, Stefano and I'm on a French Forum fingers crossed.

persistence.

I don’t have it. Stop being paranoid. I’m not the one posting in every sub forum for TeH RoMz. The reason why it probably doesn’t work is because you’re using on an arcade stick pro. It works perfectly fine on my AES.

Posting in multiple sub forums for a rom is something I would expect from a member who joined yesterday. If people haven’t come up with what you’ve wanted in the first couple posts, maybe you should take a hint instead of posting the same thing over and over, with no luck. You aren’t a noob around here, dude. Don’t act like a desperate one.

NeoCverA
07-27-2020, 07:03 PM
I love you pumpkin.

hypochondriac
08-01-2020, 01:54 PM
Hi. I just bought my own neosd and looking for a compatible romset. I read through this whole thread especially #44, #132 and #157. But sorry, I didn't get it. Is the link still correct?
Is the "First File" to download the one with the zippyshare URLs? I ask because if I paste for example the first URL in my browser I get a while page with a 403 forbidden. I know I need a
password but is the password for the zip or do I have to login in zippyshare? And can somebody send me the pw? Thank you in advance!

I'm in the same boat! Dooes anyoone have the download link and the password? I'd be very grateful.

Burning Fight!!
08-02-2020, 05:10 PM
lol great idea messaging rot for romz :lolz:

hypochondriac
08-03-2020, 03:34 AM
lol great idea messaging rot for romz [emoji38]z:I did say he could tell me to fuck off in fairness. Can't say fairer than that.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Rot
08-03-2020, 02:00 PM
I will be in chat....

I am there... or I'm not...

Get a fookin' grip...

xROTx

hypochondriac
08-03-2020, 04:30 PM
I will be in chat....

I am there... or I'm not...

Get a fookin' grip...

xROTxThat's fair. I'll keep an eye out then if the time difference allows me to catch you.

Rot
08-09-2020, 03:08 PM
That's fair. I'll keep an eye out then if the time difference allows me to catch you.

ONE TIME PM sent...

GEEZ.... you're like a little Bull Terrier on heat...

xROTx

hypochondriac
08-10-2020, 07:59 AM
ONE TIME PM sent...

GEEZ.... you're like a little Bull Terrier on heat...

xROTx

Thank you kindly sir. I shall never bother you again...