MV-1C FUSE

jdizz1979

n00b
Hello. I'm new to the site and not sure if this has been covered in the past or not. I just ordered an mv1c that arrived in good shape, only the fuse is blown and has a jumper wire wrapped around it. I was looking at the tutorial for consolizing and it appeared in the pic that shows the unibios soldered and the fuse holder removed. Is the fuse needed in consolizing, and if so are there specific areas I should look at to prevent fuse burnout in the future? I ask since the manual is very vague.

CZroe

Zero's Secretary
Generally, it's a very bad idea to operate without a fuse. If you know exactly what caused it to blow and you know it wasn't an internal fault then it's OK to jumper it for testing, but bypassing it otherwise often means burning up something somewhere else on the board. Since this was already jumpered it's probably safe to assume that it has been turned on in this state and anything that's going to burn up in its existing state would have. I have seen people estimate a lower fuse value and install it in-line with external power during consolization (usually because they ditched the onboard amp and battery charging circuits), but I see very little reason to move/remove it.

My $0.02. Hope someone more experienced can confirm/correct for me.

Last edited:

jdizz1979

n00b
Thanx for the response. I kinda figured it would still be in effect somewhere, and looking at the pic further I see wires to indicate what you mentioned about it being moved to an in line position possibly. Sounds like I should be safe with just replacing the fuse

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
If you are going to consolize the board, do not replace it with the same rating. Use a 2A instead. The MV1C doesn't pull many amps.

jdizz1979

n00b
Ok. Thank you for the reply on amp difference:). Also, is there a specific item # or place to look for it? Just want to make sure I get the right one I need. It says semi time lag, but all I really see when I search is fast acting or slow...

Last edited: