Neo CD/PVM Scart weirdness

Capitalistix

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Hey all, could you shed some light on something for me?

I have a CDZ hooked via an RGB scart cable to a Banbridge scart switcher and from there to the back of my PVM via a scart to RGB BNC cable. This setup works flawlessly with my PS1/SNES but for some reason when I just tried out my CDZ this happens;

I assume its a sync problem? Any ideas how I can rectify this? Whats different about the CDZ than a SNES or PS1? Because they should all be hooked up the same way.

One thing; some people seem to reccomend "terminator caps" for the RGB "out" ports on the back of the PVM. I do not have these yet. I didnt think I needed them, since my setup ran fine. Hell, Im not even sure what type of purpose they serve. Could this be related to my issue?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Looks like you're using a JP21 (Japanese spec) Neo Geo cable rather than Euro SCART.

Capitalistix

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Looks like you're using a JP21 (Japanese spec) Neo Geo cable rather than Euro SCART.

Thats what I thought at first too, although the guy I bought it off of on ebay listed as a scart cable. So, I have this JP21 to Scart converter cable (at least Im pretty sure thats what it is since I used to have a framemeister. Its less than a foot long and I got it from retrogamingcables. When I plug that that from the end of the Neo CD "Scart" cable to the banbridge multi scart switcher and then turn th power on, I get more weirdness like this! Its different though, not the same pattern.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Thats what I thought at first too, although the guy I bought it off of on ebay listed as a scart cable. So, I have this JP21 to Scart converter cable (at least Im pretty sure thats what it is since I used to have a framemeister. Its less than a foot long and I got it from retrogamingcables. When I plug that that from the end of the Neo CD "Scart" cable to the banbridge multi scart switcher and then turn th power on, I get more weirdness like this! Its different though, not the same pattern.

My advice would be to either open the Neo Geo SCART cable and troubleshoot or replace with a new one from Retro Console Accessories if you don't want to mess with it. Generally when the picture is red and out of sync the it's because you're trying to use a JP21 cable with Euro SCART switch or adapter. The pinout is different - only the red pin is the same, hence the unsynced red picture.

Capitalistix

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
My advice would be to either open the Neo Geo SCART cable and troubleshoot or replace with a new one from Retro Console Accessories if you don't want to mess with it. Generally when the picture is red and out of sync the it's because you're trying to use a JP21 cable with Euro SCART switch or adapter. The pinout is different - only the red pin is the same, hence the unsynced red picture.

I think Ill go that route and just get one from them, do you have a link to their store? I tried searching for them but Im getting lots of random companies

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Make sure to only use the correct adapters/cables when you receive the Framemeister too, otherwise it's possible the device could get damaged.

If you have a multimeter you can verify the pinout of your cables pretty easily. That retro_console_accessories seller is also trustworthy.