How viable is war with North Korea during the Trump era?

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I don't think it would be much of a conflict if it did happen. we would wipe them out from the air. it would last like 2 days.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
More like how viable is a war with China? Because there's actually a somewhat decent chance of them joining in on the fun if the world police starts shit in NK.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
More like how viable is a war with China? Because there's actually a somewhat decent chance of them joining in on the fun if the world police starts shit in NK.

This.

Bad idea to fuck around when China looms in the background. Especially now that Trumpy is already pissing them off. North Korea wouldn't even last as long as Desert Storm, but the aftermath would be bad news...

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
This.
the aftermath would be bad news...

This. 25 million refugees with zero functioning government left over. There's no chance China would sit idly by and let a pro-US govt. be installed on their immediate Northern border. If a conflict occurred; we would need to ally with China in the planning phase and allow them a large amount of control in forming the next government. I don't think full unification would be on the menu with China.

If we don't allow China in the conversation at the outset - it would be an ugly and possibly protracted event that no one would ultimately benefit from.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
That's why I said proxy war. Rebuilding states is a massively profitable enterprise btw. In the short and long run. For business people that is. Which is what war is about anyway

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
It would definitely be interesting, that's for sure.

You couldn't actually fight them, it would be like a professional MMA fighter taking on a drunken 80 year old man. That would make the US look even worse in the world's eye.

Like many have said, it would have to involve China, that's for sure. The US just couldn't invade them and make it some weird SK...

I say that I'm guessing China is just as sick of NKs shit as the rest of the world is...if not more so.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Who knows, Trump is a bit of a wildcard but picking the wrong fight never ends well. The war in the middle east was and is a terrible waste and you've lost quite a number of personnel but a war with NK and ultimately China would probably mean the redrawing of borders in Asia in no small way. Not to mention the losses...

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Not happening.

China, on the other hand is a different beast. I don't see anything happening with that anytime soon, but they have definitely been more aggressive over the past few years, asserting themselves in several different ways as the dominant emerging world superpower.

Our politicians have allowed them to get away with murder thus far ... it will be interesting to see what happens when (if) someone actually challenges their abusive trade policies. These are the types of issues that lead to war.

CrystalCore

Crazed MVS Addict
Not happening.

China, on the other hand is a different beast. I don't see anything happening with that anytime soon, but they have definitely been more aggressive over the past few years, asserting themselves in several different ways as the dominant emerging world superpower.

Our politicians have allowed them to get away with murder thus far ... it will be interesting to see what happens when (if) someone actually challenges their abusive trade policies. These are the types of issues that lead to war.

I think what's more likely is Trump kicking off a trade war with China, given his aggressive rhetoric towards them.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I don't think it would be much of a conflict if it did happen. we would wipe them out from the air. it would last like 2 days.

The actual war was never the issue. It was the problem of the aftermath and who would claim the territory - SK (and USA) or China. North Korea is nothing more than a buffer zone.

supergrafx77

War Room Troll
War with North Korea would be the best thing that could ever happen.
It's been a long time coming.
Should of happened during the Bill Clinton years.
When I went to Japan, early 90s, marines flying w/ me on the ANA flight, were so eager for the fight and knew N. Korea was a menace that needed to be dealt with.
This was before they acquired a rudimentary nuclear arsenal.
Democrats=Losers.
This should of been dealt w/ a long time ago.
War w/ N. Korea needs to happen ASAP.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Maybe those boys only wanted to go to war with North Korea because it would be the first time we would have won a war since 1945.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
A "liberation" of NK would go down as well as Iraq, Libya and Syria. American taxpayers would pay out the ass even more and all they would accomplish is bathing the nk countryside in nuclear fire and turning those quaint Soviet era buildings into rubble. Also lots of dead fucking kids and raped women and girls. Let's not pretend Americas moronic interventions accomplish anything else these days.

BlackSpy

Tsrgoihrea,
20 Year Member
It would be a complete disaster. The North would disintegrate, leaving millions of refugees. But before the North was destroyed Seoul would be levelled. It's very close to the border. Estimates are that there are 10,000 NK artillery pieces within range of the greater metropolitan area. So if you go to war with the North, you're writing off maybe 10 million citizens of the South. The North has such a big gun pointed at the head of the South that all the dalliance with nukes is kind of silly.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
A "liberation" of NK would go down as well as Iraq, Libya and Syria. American taxpayers would pay out the ass even more and all they would accomplish is bathing the nk countryside in nuclear fire and turning those quaint Soviet era buildings into rubble. Also lots of dead fucking kids and raped women and girls. Let's not pretend Americas moronic interventions accomplish anything else these days.

Don't worry, this time we'll make sure America is starving and on fire, too. ;)

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
It seems we in Holland are at war with Turkey recently , their government calls us Dutch Nazi's and Fascist on a daily basis, we have removed organs of children in Bosnia and sold the Bosnian woman as slave prostitutes according to Turkey .
Erdogan says there are 400.000 of his Turks living in the Netherlands and only 40.000 cops and army so do the math .
This week he suddenly attacked Germany verbally, calling Merkel a Nazi Pig and papers in Turkey had pictures of her with Nazi uniform and swastika's , this sucks as Shroom must have been dead jealous of us Dutch and we where first .

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
A "liberation" of NK would go down as well as Iraq, Libya and Syria.

I don't think it is a fair comparison. The only way it could be with NK is to get help to remove NK's leadership and SK would take over completely. Such a thing is not at all like how Iraq or Libya were. Syria has no comparison to either of those.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I don't think it is a fair comparison. The only way it could be with NK is to get help to remove NK's leadership and SK would take over completely. Such a thing is not at all like how Iraq or Libya were. Syria has no comparison to either of those.

Who's to say China wouldn't attempt to take control of their former vassal state? The whole thing is such a quagmire.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Who's to say China wouldn't attempt to take control of their former vassal state? The whole thing is such a quagmire.

It was an example. Sure China could take it too. Iraq or Libya (or like what they are trying to do in Syria) where we (NATO) goes into a country and kills their leadership and leaves, letting the place turn into an even worse shithole than it already was. We can just hope it is not done like that, and instead help someone take it over.