MV-1C issues

Dandan

n00b
So managed to get my supergun working with some dremel love on the jamma connector (was too wide to slide onto the MVS) and my standard MV-1C works a dream.

However my modded one has a few issues:

• Video keeps stopping/starting, sometimes it goes away and just works, other times it has a blue tint.
  • Player 1 controls dont work.

Video here: [video]http://vid980.photobucket.com/albums/ae285/dandan-fings/7ADF6790-CDC3-4870-9C2B-AB0F117F298B_zpszhk6kmk0.mp4[/video]

Im thinking its the Jamma connector on the MV-1c as it looks quite worn with pin 3-4 half worn away :scratch:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
So managed to get my supergun working with some dremel love on the jamma connector (was too wide to slide onto the MVS) and my standard MV-1C works a dream.

However my modded one has a few issues:

• Video keeps stopping/starting, sometimes it goes away and just works, other times it has a blue tint.
  • Player 1 controls dont work.

Video here: [video]http://vid980.photobucket.com/albums/ae285/dandan-fings/7ADF6790-CDC3-4870-9C2B-AB0F117F298B_zpszhk6kmk0.mp4[/video]

Im thinking its the Jamma connector on the MV-1c as it looks quite worn with pin 3-4 half worn away :scratch:

Nah, that's just your TV not liking the signal from the board/supergun. If playing on an LCD that isn't Samsung brand it happens quite often. It either doesn't like the 240p signal or the 59.18hz sync rate.

Since your controls don't work, I'd double check the wiring first since it could be the problem all around.

Dandan

n00b
so this MV-1c is different to my other one that works fine?
its a Samsung F5500, supposedly the daddy of all plasmas that accepts 240p signals without a hitch (well other than the 480i issues)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
so this MV-1c is different to my other one that works fine?
its a Samsung F5500, supposedly the daddy of all plasmas that accepts 240p signals without a hitch (well other than the 480i issues)

What mods did you do exactly? Also pics would help rather than vague text.

Dandan

n00b
It has the unibios upgrade using the new plug on system (neobiosmasta?)
caps were all replaced, battery was changed to CR2032.

Thats it, other than what i mentioned before with pin 3 and 4 being worn.
You can just about see it in this image here:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
How are you viewing it on your TV though? RGB to component converter? Those pins are really bad but the pins on the opposite side will still carry the 5v power. From the video, the power isn't cutting out since it isn't resetting, seems more like a converter dropping signal.

Dandan

n00b
its just rgb scart direct from jamma.
the exact same setup doesnt drop in the other MV1C though.

I slide the jamma connector out a little bit and the screen has more of a blue tint and player 1 has directional movement and some of the buttons working.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
its just rgb scart direct from jamma.
the exact same setup doesnt drop in the other MV1C though.

I slide the jamma connector out a little bit and the screen has more of a blue tint and player 1 has directional movement and some of the buttons working.

Try using a fiber pen and gently brush the JAMMA edge to clean off any film that might be preventing a connection. You can try using a pink eraser first to see if it does the trick.

Dandan

n00b
tried that and it was still playing up.
However I bought a new supergun and it now works flawlessly.

Which really doesn't make any sense since both motherboards are identical and one works with the supergun and the other doesn't.
Happy now :)