TOTC repro question - yes i know...

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
I always wanted to play this game on physical hardware and I had a second loose copy of WH2 that I couldn't sell to anyone, so I made a copy. Everything works fine, except the UNIBIOS screen, the NEOGEO logo is messed up. I don't recall if the Bang Bang Busters did the samething, I let someone borrow that game and haven't gotten it back just yet. Both roms are from the leaked post from Tonk way back when.

Anyone have this similar issue? and... yes the game isn't that great, but it's something to add to my NG collection that I haven't played before.

Wynd

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I don't think TOTC was made using a 42G3 so you might have to chunk swap the C roms.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
It runs fine, besides the unibios intro screen. I'm running it off my recently repaired 3.6 AES, running 3.0 unibios (came with my original mv-1f). What noticed was that the unibios is showing it as jyanshin densetsu. I did a lazy search in Google and saw no o e mention it. I'm curious if this was Cortex bring lazy, face or a bug in 3.0.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
It runs fine, besides the unibios intro screen. I'm running it off my recently repaired 3.6 AES, running 3.0 unibios (came with my original mv-1f). What noticed was that the unibios is showing it as jyanshin densetsu. I did a lazy search in Google and saw no o e mention it. I'm curious if this was Cortex bring lazy, face or a bug in 3.0.

Maybe they did something to mess with the UniBIOS logo? like NGDev games do?

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
The UNI-BIOS displays the standard NEO-GEO graphic/tiles. If it's not there (in the C roms), it'll just show garbage tiles from other sprite data.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I have the official cart from NCI, and that's how it works. There is no Neo Geo logo on the Unibios splash screen or menus. That's just the way they made it.

It's a fun game, but runs too slow. Definitely not the same game as the original from Face would have been.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
Thanks neo and kurtz. Odd that BB busters, doesn't do it. Definitely proves that TOTC has either half-assed or built with a rough build. Also seeing that the game shows up wrong too in unibios 3.0, makes sense too.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
It's not odd. Bang Busters is a completed game that was going to be an official release. TOTC is basically homebrew.

TOTC has been added to the Unibios since, despite showing the wrong NGH number.