AES3-5 voltage problem

Demiurgo

New Challenger
Main symptom is the console does not turn on. :crying:

I checked the voltage in some points before the power switch and is correct, same as the power supply supplies, but when I measure the LM2576, voltage is gone: Nothing enters there.

I tried this to bypass the regulator circuit, but console keeps dead:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...ES-is-fu*ked&p=2398051&viewfull=1#post2398051

So, before replace regulator, diodes and capacitors, I would like to read some suggestions about what to do. :)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
What about at the switch, is there power on the input and output of the switch? Sometimes the switches go bad.

Demiurgo

New Challenger
Yes, I checked continuity first, and when I made the bypass, I measured power from the wires.

Demiurgo

New Challenger
Fixed! :buttrock:

As Xian Xi suggested, I double checked the power switch and it was not working, so I desoldered and opened it and cleaned the contacts. One was totally black, covered in grime, so there was not a good connection.

Switch was closed, reinstalled, and console works like a charm. :D

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Fixed! :buttrock:

As Xian Xi suggested, I double checked the power switch and it was not working, so I desoldered and opened it and cleaned the contacts. One was totally black, covered in grime, so there was not a good connection.

Switch was closed, reinstalled, and console works like a charm. :D

Nice, I said that because I had one that did that before. Easy fix.