Sony PVM L2300

Vendest

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Someone is selling this screen ner the area I stay.
I have no intention to spend this kind of money however I was wondering what's it worth compared to regular PVM/BVM. (Not knowing much about bvm/pvm)
price in Singapore $ (SGD)

Screenshot_2016-11-21-23-21-36.png

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I do not think LCD screens look nice when paying older games. They work, but those games were designed to be played on a CRT. They look the best colorwise there, also CRTs do not have any delay.

Regards

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I would be intrigued to see how a LCD PVM would display 240 RGB, I imagine this particular unit would do a far better job than any regular LCD display.

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
I would be intrigued to see how a LCD PVM would display 240 RGB, I imagine this particular unit would do a far better job than any regular LCD display.

I don't think it would. Regardless of the quality of the panel itself it's still going to be the wrong resolution, so images will have to be altered before being displayed which will introduce visual and perhaps temporal artifacts.

I would choose a plasma display before a LCD... But CRT all the way.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,

LCD may be of better quality, maybe a bit less lag, but just like CRT PVMs were at their time, these new PVMs are optimized to bring the best image with current technologies. That's HDMI, and HD. The brochure does not even mention it supporting 240p (unless I am reading something wrong): https://pro.sony.com/bbsccms/assets/files/cat/mondisp/brochures/PVM-L2300.pdf

Regards.