Sony KD-34xs955 no power

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Similar TV to the XBR960.

About a month ago I replaced IC6501 and IC8002 to resolve a blinking red light. I think it was 6 blinks.

Anyway tonight it will not power on. No blinking standby light at all. Can't hear any clicks or buzzes that would suggest power is getting to anywhere that needs it.

I pulled fuse 501 near where power comes in. I have 120V on the line and the fuse has continuity. Where else should I be looking? I am only getting like 23V through the fuse, should it be higher? I am not seeing anything that looks like a PSU in the case does it convert to DC just on the board?

I am a relative novice but can use a multimeter and soldering iron and I know to be careful even around an unplugged TV with still charged caps.

Thanks in advance for any help. Would love to be able to keep this TV but wife is pushing for a new one and having it die twice in as many months is not good to keep it from the scrap heap.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Post holiday bump. Any ideas would be appreciated. It will probably be tossed in a week if I can't figure anything out.