AES cart graphics glitch.

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
Hi guys, would anyone have any idea what could cause a glitch like this on an AES cart and if it was fixable? -

5b6497af3242dd8de42addc1bb4d68e4_zpss8fw0bsr.jpg

The lines are basically present throughout everything in the game. I took a gamble and bought it in the hopes the cart just need a good cleaning of the contacts or something silly (seller was open about the fault) but it's obviously something more technical. Would be great if it could be saved!

RetroTechRewind

Crazed MVS Addict
Check traces on the Cha board related to the C ROMs. Typically that's the cause of vertical lines. Could also be a bad ROM but without seeing what it looks like in game it's hard to tell. Best of luck!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Just to be sure, is the SNK under the spinning Neo Geo also missing or just missing from the photo? If it's also missing then it's a bigger issue.

NeoGeoFanatic

Neo Geo Cup '98
I've seen that same issue with some of my games when the cart is not placed correctly into the AES. Other time a simple cleaning of the contacts on the cartridge has fixed the issue.

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
Just to be sure, is the SNK under the spinning Neo Geo also missing or just missing from the photo? If it's also missing then it's a bigger issue.

Let me get back to you on that tomorrow Xian, I'll fire it in the AES again and take some more pics.

I've seen that same issue with some of my games when the cart is not placed correctly into the AES. Other time a simple cleaning of the contacts on the cartridge has fixed the issue.

That's what I hoped for, but definitely not the cure. I took the risk on it, but got it wrong!

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
It's Savage Reign. I've made an error in buying it due to my lack of tech knowledge, but that'll teach me to look at eBay when I wake up next day after a party still a little drunk. :D