PDA

View Full Version : MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13

GadgetUK
02-10-2017, 11:47 AM
How do the new NGDev games do that seemingly CD quality stereo audio?
ADPCM compressed samples, with a low sample rate probably! It sounds better than it might seem.

Neo Alec
02-10-2017, 11:52 AM
I don't know. The newer games with custom boards seem to sound way better than any officially released game, or the original cartridge release of Last Hope. And seems to be stereo last I checked. No one has ever explained it.

pixeljunkie
02-10-2017, 11:53 AM
How do the new NGDev games do that seemingly CD quality stereo audio?

I assume digitized - not using the sound hardware for instruments, etc

neodev
02-10-2017, 11:54 AM
ADPCM compressed samples, with a low sample rate probably! It sounds better than it might seem.

RoTD and Matrimelee also use "streaming" music instead of instrumental, and it doesn't sound too bad. You can use 2 ADPCM-A channels to have an stereo soundtrack (at 18.5KHz sample rate), or you can use the ADPCM-B for a mono soundtrack, but with higher sample rate (up to around 55KHz)

Neo Alec
02-10-2017, 11:59 AM
The sampling rate certainly seems a lot better. Try watching a vid of Fast Striker, Gunlord etc on Youtube if you don't have the carts. This is making me want to get the carts out and check again when I get home today.

neodev
02-10-2017, 12:32 PM
The sampling rate certainly seems a lot better. Try watching a vid of Fast Striker, Gunlord etc on Youtube if you don't have the carts. This is making me want to get the carts out and check again when I get home today.

You can use ADPCM-B for higher sample rate, but then the output will be mono, and it's still ADPCM, and not uncompressed PCM.

Neo Alec
02-10-2017, 09:31 PM
Here is audio captured directly from my Gunlord MVS cart for reference:
http://www.filedropper.com/gunlord

This game goes crazy if you play it in the Unibios jukebox. There are some codes that will allow you to play two BGM's at once, with the tracks coming from the right and left channels at varying levels.

GadgetUK
02-11-2017, 03:56 AM
The NGDEV carts tend to be quite large - pretty sure that's part of it, lots and lots of samples. I do agree the NGDEV games have some of the best music on the Neo Geo. You can get similarly great sound on games like Galaxy Fight, although I don't particularly like the game lol.

Neo Alec
02-11-2017, 07:24 AM
I adore the NGDev music, but it would be cool if they got someone who can program music for the YM2610 for one of their future games, rather than just using pre-recorded music. Back in the day, I was really impressed with the recorded music in games like Metal Slug 4 and 5, but these days the "chiptunes" stuff is more impressive. I suppose it's too much to ask.

Anyway, if anyone has an explanation for how NGDev was able to accomplish stereo music at such at high sampling rate, I'm really curious. Listening again, it's obviously nowhere near CD quality, but still really amazing.

Electric Grave
02-11-2017, 08:52 AM
Gunlord could very well be the greatest game on the Neo that isn't a fighting game.

Razoola
02-11-2017, 11:04 AM
As a few of you know I have had some queries with loading speeds on the NeoSD reported a few weeks back. At first it was suggested the issue I had was related to a fake SD card. After trying three different SD cards (one send to me by neosd) of the same brand and spec we confirmed it was not the SD card causing the issue. After comparing on other NeoSD's and different MVS systems, its been confirmed the issue looks to be with the NeoSD I have.

The issue I am experiencing is degraded flashing times of around 20% compared to another NeoSD (latest firmware) with the same SDcard. For example;

0:25 vs 0:20 to flash Magician Lord (AES)
3:27 vs 2:42 to flash KOF2003

For reference the SD card used is a Sony 16gig (or 32gig) UHS-1 card (see picture below).

I must stress here that the NeoSD I have works 100% fine otherwise and is a pre-release version which is slightly different than the final version (although another pre-release version did not appear to have the same issue). Temperature can also affect flashing times although I have been flashing at normal room temperature. Because the cause is currently unknown it can't be assumed no one else is affected (although it will be very unlikely that anyone is). neosd has said no one else has reported such issues at this time.

The upside is this means the original loading times in my review are slower than those of the original firmware. It may also mean that providing the issue is not due to a faulty part or soldering on my NeoSD, the cause of the slowdown may shine a light on a region that may be open to a speed gain in the future (via a firmware update).

NeoSD is very busy at the moment with sorting out all your MVS / AES and SHELL orders so does not have time to look at this in more detail right now. It's good to have this information out there though in the unlikely event someone else sees a similar situation.

wingzrow
02-11-2017, 03:44 PM
Here is audio captured directly from my Gunlord MVS cart for reference:
http://www.filedropper.com/gunlord

This game goes crazy if you play it in the Unibios jukebox. There are some codes that will allow you to play two BGM's at once, with the tracks coming from the right and left channels at varying levels.

That's pretty impressive. I wonder if downsampling the Neo Geo CD soundtracks for certain games would work. If it sounds as good as this I wouldn't mind a romhack that added this kind of audio.

LDigital
02-12-2017, 11:57 AM
I don't know if this is allowed to be asked but could someone please PM me to where I can get the best download pack for the neo sd including more recent conversions etc. I have an ancient mame set that I am not confident covered all the bases or is untampered with

Rot
02-12-2017, 12:02 PM
I don't know if this is allowed to be asked but could someone please PM me to where I can get the best download pack for the neo sd including more recent conversions etc. I have an ancient mame set that I am not confident covered all the bases or is untampered with

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?269010-NEOSD-MVS-Support-thread-!&p=4140218&viewfull=1#post4140218

nio
02-13-2017, 01:29 PM
BTW, I am back from vacation and ready for shipping. :-)

Rot
02-13-2017, 01:29 PM
BTW, I am back from vacation and ready for shipping. :-)

We don't care...

lachlan
02-13-2017, 02:57 PM
We don't care...

:keke:

Oh how wonderful nio's back from vacation, we should all be ever so warm and fuzzy inside now that NIO'S BACK!

Neo Alec
02-13-2017, 06:03 PM
Maybe NGDev uses custom programming for the Z80.

glitch77
02-13-2017, 06:34 PM
Absolutely can't wait for them to start shipping out, hope we hear some good news soon!

Also, if anyone needs.. help.. with post #2014/2013, just shoot me a PM.

Edit: Deleted junk reply.

nio
02-14-2017, 02:41 PM
I do and even miss d you. :-)

Forum is way better then work!

xsq
02-14-2017, 03:26 PM
Forum is way better then work!
forum at work is better than work at work.

Montatez
02-14-2017, 03:43 PM
forum at work is better than work at work.

Agreed!

Flagshiphero
02-14-2017, 04:34 PM
Any suggestions for which SD card to buy for this?

glitch77
02-14-2017, 05:38 PM

This is what I grabbed;

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DOB6Y5Q/

mastamuzz
02-14-2017, 08:09 PM

The thread already has this info and you would know already if you read it.

Pointers you don't need more than 16 Gigs
Buying local is better than buying online
Uhs technology is not used for this so don't waste the extra money,
So that leaves a class 10 as the best to get for this
If picky go to a well known store or camera store they have good quality cards cause you can tell if it's a knockoff quickly with a camera.

comoema
02-15-2017, 01:35 AM
Hi guys,

I see some replies already about which sd card to use.
What Im asking is if someone had a chance to do a bit of benchmark trying different sdcard too.

Thanks in advance!

xsq
02-15-2017, 03:10 AM
Hi guys,

I see some replies already about which sd card to use.
What Im asking is if someone had a chance to do a bit of benchmark trying different sdcard too.

Thanks in advance!

The thread already has this info and you would know already if you read it.
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?269010-NEOSD-MVS-Support-thread-!&p=4141287&viewfull=1#post4141287

Rot
02-15-2017, 03:16 AM
It's tough on the forums... and especially for n00bs...

...A few things like reading threads properly would help your cause greatly...

xROTx

PS. It's not that the lads on the forum are cruel... it's just that they recieved the same treatment... and it's not rocket science that if you keep asking stuff that's already been posted and too lazy to read...

They're gonna get... "agitated..."

EDIT: I have created... THIS THREAD... The Neosd Official MicroSD thread.... (http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?270020-The-OFFICIAL-Neosd-MicroSD-Card-thread&goto=newpost)

..Please contribute... Thank You...

oliverclaude
02-15-2017, 04:05 AM
That's got to be one of the nicest posts from m00d to n00b. Now you've actually done it... he got himself a different treatment. Will it change ng.com history? Pay It Forward ;).

Rot
02-15-2017, 05:50 AM
That's got to be one of the nicest posts from m00d to n00b. Now you've actually done it... he got himself a different treatment. Will it change ng.com history? Pay It Forward ;).

I wouldn't go that far...

mr_flaps tried to register a new account this morning... it got dealt with...

I would ban him... but as I told that numbnuts FIRST time... it's just not worth my time and I prefer a War Room lock...

xROTx

PS. I still have no idea why a member with no significant posts would feel they needed to flex against myself... it's not likely to end well...

xsq
02-15-2017, 05:57 AM
EDIT: I have created... THIS THREAD... The Neosd Official MicroSD thread.... (http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?270020-The-OFFICIAL-Neosd-MicroSD-Card-thread&goto=newpost)

:keke::keke::keke:

Your sdcard is probably a little faster than the brand I use.
This one is the SD card I use:
https://flashmemo-business.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/4/9/498FD71195BDB1807C9F2B1F7E29FF1B.jpg

Man... if this thread comes down to which MicroSD is the BESTEST... i am so gonna get peev'ed...

xROTX

card pic..

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/921/Bn5PUB.jpg

Link (https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Extreme-microSDHC-Memory-Adapter/dp/B01HU3Q792/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1480081950&sr=8-9&keywords=sandisk+extreme+plus)I am gonna facepalm a lot over the next few days...

I can feel it in my bladder...

xROTx

Rot
02-15-2017, 05:59 AM
:keke::keke::keke:

SO... what you're trying to say here... Is you want a War Room lock?

xROTx

xsq
02-15-2017, 06:00 AM
SO... what you're trying to say here... Is you want a War Room lock?

xROTx
couldn't resist... probably should've... oh no.

Rot
02-15-2017, 06:03 AM
couldn't resist... probably should've... oh no.

The reason I created that new thread is things are getting a bit tense in here with SD card talk...

Also... I like stats and figures about such stuff...

One consolidated thread... will save me hassle later...

xROTx

PS. You really should consider most days... i do know what I'm doing... as your custom rank I gave you a while back should indicate...:)

lachlan
02-15-2017, 06:04 AM
I think he's asking for it Rot.

Rot
02-15-2017, 06:05 AM
I think he's asking for it Rot.

HE'S... GAGGIN' FOR RED BABOOON BUM!!!

xROTx

comoema
02-15-2017, 06:48 AM
It's tough on the forums... and especially for n00bs...

...A few things like reading threads properly would help your cause greatly...

xROTx

PS. It's not that the lads on the forum are cruel... it's just that they recieved the same treatment... and it's not rocket science that if you keep asking stuff that's already been posted and too lazy to read...

They're gonna get... "agitated..."

Thanks Rot for directing me to these posts, I will read more next time without posting a question for 1000 times :)

glitch77
02-15-2017, 09:33 AM
Thanks Rot for directing me to these posts, I will read more next time without posting a question for 1000 times :)

Something that I have come to learn about the NeoGeo forums is that many if not most of the active members are long term, hardcore, NG fanatics who have invested countless hours building their own collections/cabinets/modifications, and have spent even more time helping others do the same. The issue is that many (again, probably most) of the people here also have full time jobs, families, and other projects that take up their time, and therefore, if they see a person isn't willing to put in the dedication to the hobby like they did, they don't feel that they should spend what little time they do have, re-explaining the basics to people.

On the other hand, we were all young and ignorant at one point in our lives, and specialized forums like this need new blood to keep the place alive. Being kind and understanding to newbies is something everyone should consider if we hope to keep the hobby alive and well.

Or not.

pixeljunkie
02-15-2017, 10:08 AM
Something that I have come to learn about the NeoGeo forums is that many if not most of the active members are long term, hardcore, NG fanatics who have invested countless hours building their own collections/cabinets/modifications, and have spent even more time helping others do the same. The issue is that many (again, probably most) of the people here also have full time jobs, families, and other projects that take up their time, and therefore, if they see a person isn't willing to put in the dedication to the hobby like they did, they don't feel that they should spend what little time they do have, re-explaining the basics to people.

On the other hand, we were all young and ignorant at one point in our lives, and specialized forums like this need new blood to keep the place alive. Being kind and understanding to newbies is something everyone should consider if we hope to keep the hobby alive and well.

Or not.

I prefer it stay dark and secret, seemingly fading away. Younger people looking for a new collectible skim right over it. The forums die with us old guys...there are arguments over whether the system truly existed or not. Old systems and carts are kept in families like Bohemian Grove yearbooks.

neosd
02-15-2017, 11:00 AM
Hello,

We just have updated/replied at elotrolado.net with shells/shipment status.

We have posted some pictures from yesterday aswel.

https://www.elotrolado.net/viewtopic.php?p=1743191709

I have to go now but i will post more info here tonite (translating this elotrolado.net post into english)

resuming : production started yesterday, it was 21:30 and they were still calibrating the machines so i had to go without correctly injected pieces, i will come back to the factory tomorrow again and i hope they have the prices (shells) produced.

We are doing our best to start shipping this week, lets hope we will have pieces tomorrow

Thanks

Montatez
02-15-2017, 11:06 AM
I prefer it stay dark and secret, seemingly fading away. Younger people looking for a new collectible skim right over it. The forums die with us old guys...there are arguments over whether the system truly existed or not. Old systems and carts are kept in families like Bohemian Grove yearbooks.

Agreed.

massimiliano
02-15-2017, 11:28 AM
This "dilemma" is pretty much everywhere, from my personal POV, here is the thing about allowing new people into an hobby, just because they breathe and can type on a keyboard, doesn't mean they necessarely deserve any kind of help of consideration...this PC culture is leveling (down) to the dumbest person in a group, just because it is "unfair" to say what, "you do not belong here"? C'mon...

So are we really saying that new people need "help" to grow in this forum? I say bullshit. Look at Blackaneseninja, just recently joined, he posted really interesting analisys about aspect rarely discussed...he is showing passion and method, things that all old members here appreciated...and I can recall, few, other examples like him.

Natural selection is part of life, if we really mean to "preserve" this place, there has to be a mechanism that keeps not motivated people away.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-eOmeV8OWJhY/Uy5S3emj5dI/AAAAAAAAJ6c/kypO7Ah15ps/s1600/Fight+Club+porchII.jpg

Something that I have come to learn about the NeoキGeo forums is that many if not most of the active members are long term, hardcore, NG fanatics who have invested countless hours building their own collections/cabinets/modifications, and have spent even more time helping others do the same. The issue is that many (again, probably most) of the people here also have full time jobs, families, and other projects that take up their time, and therefore, if they see a person isn't willing to put in the dedication to the hobby like they did, they don't feel that they should spend what little time they do have, re-explaining the basics to people.

Or not.

Rot
02-15-2017, 11:32 AM
I was never a n00b...

Just sayin'...

xROTx

PS. However... Chaz did threaten me with naughtiness when I decided to use the forum as my personal chat room...

EDIT: Prob why chat is there now... to keep me contained:D

sparksterz
02-15-2017, 11:39 AM
Hello,

I have to go now but i will post more info here tonite (translating this elotrolado.net post into english)

resuming : production started yesterday, it was 21:30 and they were still calibrating the machines so i had to go without correctly injected pieces, i will come back to the factory tomorrow again and i hope they have the prices (shells) produced.

We are doing our best to start shipping this week, lets hope we will have pieces tomorrow

Thanks

I'll be keeping a close watch. I've held off getting in on the ground floor until the first full shipments make it to people. I'll likely be in line shortly after if all pans out well!

TotalMoop
02-15-2017, 02:35 PM
Hello,

Thanks

Thanks as always for the update.
Great work guys.

donomans
02-15-2017, 05:05 PM
This "dilemma" is pretty much everywhere, from my personal POV, here is the thing about allowing new people into an hobby, just because they breathe and can type on a keyboard, doesn't mean they necessarely deserve any kind of help of consideration...this PC culture is leveling (down) to the dumbest person in a group, just because it is "unfair" to say what, "you do not belong here"? C'mon...

So are we really saying that new people need "help" to grow in this forum? I say bullshit. Look at Blackaneseninja, just recently joined, he posted really interesting analisys about aspect rarely discussed...he is showing passion and method, things that all old members here appreciated...and I can recall, few, other examples like him.

Natural selection is part of life, if we really mean to "preserve" this place, there has to be a mechanism that keeps not motivated people away.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-eOmeV8OWJhY/Uy5S3emj5dI/AAAAAAAAJ6c/kypO7Ah15ps/s1600/Fight+Club+porchII.jpg

To offer a somewhat different perspective...

I think you are going off the assumption that most people on a forum can be expected to be insightful contributors, which I think is sort of misguided if you know anything about the way people behave in communities. It's just never going to be the case that everyone is providing some exciting new insight and if you don't embrace "noobs" the community will not grow, and if you make it toxic for people who don't post something "of value" it will surely die. You have roughly 10% of the active people at any given point contributing, if you're very lucky, the real number is probably closer to 1%. Be generous to new people is just healthy community building etiquette. Frankly, this place is already one of the most harsh forums for new users that I've ever seen, so I'd suggest not acting like they should just be lucky to be a member - a better attitude is that this place should feel lucky to get new members at this point. This place has no justification for existing outside of the community it builds, and to be harsh towards new people does nobody any good.

Rot
02-15-2017, 05:20 PM
OK OK...

I confess the posts about how NG.com is.... and the way members react to n00bs... or even it's more established memberbase is all very entertaining...

However, holistically... it doesn't matter... the forum is what it is... You either stay or you don't...

NG.com is one of the most aggressive member gaming websites on the net... The mods will usually try a non intervention policy...

UNLESS like this project... It was agreed before hand by Neosd and myself to keep it as drama free as possible...

NOW... stop talking about it... i'm tired of the member debate bullshit....

xROTx

PS. Neosd has been as patient and as open as I had asked... and for that... I have provided a relatively safe haven...

EDIT: This doesn't mean I won't go in dry on some of you... just sayin'....

massimiliano
02-15-2017, 05:48 PM
damn, I read Rot posts after posting this one...edit-axed, but I had a damn good point..well, next time.

tcdev
02-15-2017, 06:29 PM
I think you are going off the assumption that most people on a forum can be expected to be insightful contributors, which I think is sort of misguided if you know anything about the way people behave in communities. It's just never going to be the case that everyone is providing some exciting new insight and if you don't embrace "noobs" the community will not grow, and if you make it toxic for people who don't post something "of value" it will surely die. You have roughly 10% of the active people at any given point contributing, if you're very lucky, the real number is probably closer to 1%. Be generous to new people is just healthy community building etiquette. Frankly, this place is already one of the most harsh forums for new users that I've ever seen, so I'd suggest not acting like they should just be lucky to be a member - a better attitude is that this place should feel lucky to get new members at this point. This place has no justification for existing outside of the community it builds, and to be harsh towards new people does nobody any good.
I've quoted this in its entirety because donomans sums up the situation perfectly, and its worth re-reading so that it sinks in.

Communities tend to adopt a culture, and typically that culture is dictated - initially - by the attitude at the top. In time it permeates down and as the community evolves it becomes entrenched at every level, even after the instigators have long since passed on. Many companies today exhibit this phenomenon; private law firms are a great example of toxic cultures that promote the abuse and belittlement of juniors under the guise of 'rite of passage'. The medical profession is another example, though perhaps to a less brutal degree. A lot of the time - most often in the commercial sector - it reaches a critical point where it starts to spiral downward and ultimately crashes and burns. Sometimes it's employee-driven, sometimes customer-driven. But certain 'fraternities' have a stronghold on their 'communities' and the toxicity continues to prevail. And in some rare cases the toxicity is actually an asset; believe me, you really do want your litigation lawyer to be an asshole!

So back to the Neo Geo community as a whole, and this forum in particular. Where did this toxicity come from? And does it have any effect - detrimental or otherwise - on our hobby?

Without a doubt there's an element of elitism in the NG community, due solely to the cost of the system, both back in the day, and the cost of collecting now. And naturally that breeds (at best) indifference towards the noobs and (at worst) actual hostility. This elitism is rarely seen, and even more rarely to this degree, in other retro gaming scenes.

Now I can't see how this attitude could possibly benefit the Neo Geo community in the long run. In the broader retro community, this forum certainly has a reputation that I don't think any other community forum would envy. I've seen alternate NG sites/forums/pages pop up more recently and I can see them starting to thrive. I think the NeoSD will open up the platform to even more gamers out there - especially now that home brew development is finally feasible - and I think this forum's membership need to take heed...

Rot himself has admitted that NeoSD have been wrapped in cotton wool to this point, and as a result we have been privy to news and been able to provide feedback and get immediate responses. Imagine if they'd been released to the hounds on here; do you think we'd all still have this great relationship with NeoSD?

Of course, some here couldn't give a toss about noobs and the broader community and anything else I've mentioned; they have their AES cartridge collection in various degrees of completeness and, quite frankly, the less people that want to buy the cartridges the better. I'm just happy knowing that I'll pick up the entire collection for a song at the estate sale because their nephew doesn't know or care about them at all!

massimiliano
02-15-2017, 06:37 PM
I thought Rot expressed clearly we are not allowed to discuss the issue further here, and I think there is a point in such request which should be respected...(if we are quoting "etiquette")

I would like to continue this discussion though, with both you and donomans, as your posts are both worth a constructive reply IMO...I'm gonna open a warroom thread so we won;t bother anyone here.

tcdev
02-15-2017, 06:51 PM
I thought Rot expressed clearly we are not allowed to discuss the issue further here
And I teach my kids not to talk when adults are talking! :D

J/K, I didn't notice that warning in his last post. :emb:

To the War Room!

donomans
02-15-2017, 07:43 PM
I thought Rot expressed clearly we are not allowed to discuss the issue further here, and I think there is a point in such request which should be respected...(if we are quoting "etiquette")

I would like to continue this discussion though, with both you and donomans, as your posts are both worth a constructive reply IMO...I'm gonna open a warroom thread so we won;t bother anyone here.

I'm unfortunately unable to join, because I don't post enough! But no hard feelings and my response wasn't intending to be an attack of any sort - it just seemed like a good conversation starting point (which may have been a mistake to start in this thread, to be fair; sorry Rot, I'll pay my penance by joining the chat room for several days straight). I just don't want you to think I'm intentionally abandoning a good conversation, so I am hesitantly replying one last time!

This thread has been great and I don't want to derail it any further.

phoenixdownita
02-15-2017, 11:49 PM
@neosd

Why is it that the bundle NeoSD MVS + MVS shell cost 1 cent more than buying them separately .... I demand the bundle to be 1 cent less than single purchase or the same price, 379.99 + 19.99 = 399.98 but if I buy it together it's 399.99 is the 1c extra for the sticker/assembly? :)

Just kidding, I really wish though that the AES version would be at the same price than the MVS, but it is what it is, it's unfortunate you don't have the shell yet as I think I'm "ready" to order (or as ready as I can be, if the wife finds out I plan to plunk down so much into a "toy" she's gonna bite it off for good).

neosd
02-16-2017, 02:46 AM
Rot himself has admitted that NeoSD have been wrapped in cotton wool to this point, and as a result we have been privy to news and been able to provide feedback and get immediate responses. Imagine if they'd been released to the hounds on here; do you think we'd all still have this great relationship with NeoSD?

tcdev, thanks for your words.

We really feel at home here, it may sound minor but its important to us to have direct feedback from our customers aswel.

We really feel confortable here, i canエt imagine how hard this would be without a place such this one for us, we are getting the same respect and feedback from elotrolado.net, we never planed to be on forums, initial plan was to build NEOSD, sell it, and build more devices, never be on forums. I think the whole response from you all to our product/us made us want to be here.

Ok, back to factory travel again, we will let you guys informed.

Thanks for the support, we really aprecitate those kinds words.

@neosd

Why is it that the bundle NeoSD MVS + MVS shell cost 1 cent more than buying them separately .... I demand the bundle to be 1 cent less than single purchase or the same price, 379.99 + 19.99 = 399.98 but if I buy it together it's 399.99 is the 1c extra for the sticker/assembly? :)

Just kidding, I really wish though that the AES version would be at the same price than the MVS, but it is what it is, it's unfortunate you don't have the shell yet as I think I'm "ready" to order (or as ready as I can be, if the wife finds out I plan to plunk down so much into a "toy" she's gonna bite it off for good).

I feel your pain, my wife still dont know i spent 3,8k euros into a driving machine, i fear the day she realizes how much is worth.

neosd
02-16-2017, 01:02 PM
We got shells ;)

https://s13.postimg.org/4gxd9dqhj/IMG_7082.jpg

https://s13.postimg.org/f514880gn/IMG_7083.jpg

Rot
02-16-2017, 01:16 PM
HURRAY!

xROTx

PS. We need a model in a bikini... (preferbably female and hawt..)... showcasing the shells...

Sceptre_JLRB
02-16-2017, 01:45 PM
EUREKA!

Great news! Glad to see finally plastic calibration is over and you got the last piece for your/our baby. Thanks for the update and pic sharing. :-)

PD: Be careful not to get rid of the defective ones as they're likely to raise astronomic numbers at eBay in several years' time... ;-)

glitch77
02-16-2017, 02:17 PM
Can't wait for the final product!

Thanks for keeping us in the loop as always!

neosd
02-16-2017, 02:44 PM
Can't wait for the final product!

Thanks for keeping us in the loop as always!

Hello,

Its 21:41 here and i am still at factory, i got 3 hours driving back to home.
I will be back to home as soon as i got enought shells stocks (they are producing and packing, it will take some more hours)

So, we will start packing tomorrow by purchase order, tomorrow some units may get shipped, it deppends on the courrier more than on us, but by monday we will get a pile shipped for sure.

So aventure comes to an end.

Thanks !!!

xsq
02-16-2017, 02:52 PM
those shells look tasty. Can't wait to see pics of the whole product (including stickers). Nice!

pixeljunkie
02-16-2017, 02:54 PM
So, we will start packing tomorrow by purchase order, tomorrow some units may get shipped, it deppends on the courrier more than on us, but by monday we will get a pile shipped for sure.

https://youtu.be/sJNS4VrPUtM

my body is ready

glitch77
02-16-2017, 03:38 PM
Hello,

I will be back to home as soon as i got enought shells stocks (they are producing and packing, it will take some more hours)

Thanks !!!

Drive safely and get some much deserved rest!

benjiedude
02-16-2017, 04:06 PM
Hello,

Thanks !!!

Great news! Thank you for all your hard work. Were you going to be doing the faster shipping option though?

comoema
02-16-2017, 07:30 PM
Awesome!

daithidownunder
02-17-2017, 04:55 AM
Nice to see the shells are ready. I must say that I have been very impressed with how you have kept everybody informed throughout the production process. I'm excited at the prospect of getting my hands on one of these pretty soon, as I have now sold off almost all my carts.

I just need to decide on the MVS or AES version. Do you have a rough lead time on the AES version if I was to order that rather than the MVS? hopefully they are not all spoken for.

Cheers & nice work!

Gyrian
02-17-2017, 06:43 AM
Were you going to be doing the faster shipping option though?

I'd like a follow up on this one, too.
After all the cautiously negative chat around correos, I would much prefer an alternative before you guys start shipping to the US.

fille1976
02-17-2017, 08:38 AM
hi,thx for the update neosd,looks good.
in the summer gona order my aes version.

Opethian
02-17-2017, 12:27 PM
I just got my shipping notification! thanks neosd for all the perseverance amidst the bullshit. cheers

benjiedude
02-17-2017, 12:54 PM
I just got my shipping notification! thanks neosd for all the perseverance amidst the bullshit. cheers

Ummm...Was this for the AES version or shell for an already purchased MVS version? Did you get offered a faster shipping option? I ordered my AES Neo SD first day they were available for preorder. The anticipation builds!

Opethian
02-17-2017, 12:59 PM
AES
I was the first preorder

neosd
02-17-2017, 01:11 PM
Ummm...Was this for the AES version or shell for an already purchased MVS version? Did you get offered a faster shipping option? I ordered my AES Neo SD first day they were available for preorder. The anticipation builds!

Hello,

Just to clafiry that.

We have started shipping, both MVS with shells and AES with shells.
We got purchase list and started to ship by purchase order, if the order was MVS, we shipped it, if the order was AES, we shipped it.
Every customer with an UPS tracking/email until now, has its order actually shipped, not just the label created, its 20:00 here, we packed as much orders posible and went there before they close the office.

About shipment :

We said UPS express would be avaliable at extra cost (20 euros), we refushed to answer ANY question about that, cause we decided to give you all guys a present.
We gave free shells to everyone that purchased MVS on the first batch, and we are giving free UPS to everyone that have waited until today for MVS or AES. Cheers to you guys, i myself have no words to describe how proud we are about what we have done and how you guys have received us.

About monday we will add UPS as shipping option, it will cost 30 euros (there will be two options, correos for 12 euros and UPS for 30 euros
), actually UPS to USA costs us 32 euros if i dont remember bad ...

UPS said that packets should take 3 days to USA, so we would love to know when the first packets with UPS arrive to USA.

Just to be clear, the present (free UPS shipment) is ended now, everyone purchasing from now will not get it, so please dont ask for it. I hope you guys understand that, last time our free shells surprise got ruined cause we were forced to explain why we didnエt want to allow shells to be purchased.

So, the plan as today is :

Work Tomorrow (Saturday)
Work Sunday
Keep working until we got every single order out.
Its going to take some time, so please be patient, dont email us or ask us if your order has been shipped, if we answer emails, we canエt pack.

Big thanks again for all the respect/support.

Alex,

lifeknot
02-17-2017, 02:10 PM
Hello,

Just to clafiry that.

We have started shipping, both MVS with shells and AES with shells.
We got purchase list and started to ship by purchase order, if the order was MVS, we shipped it, if the order was AES, we shipped it.
Every customer with an UPS tracking/email until now, has its order actually shipped, not just the label created, its 20:00 here, we packed as much orders posible and went there before they close the office.

About shipment :

We said UPS express would be avaliable at extra cost (20 euros), we refushed to answer ANY question about that, cause we decided to give you all guys a present.
We gave free shells to everyone that purchased MVS on the first batch, and we are giving free UPS to everyone that have waited until today for MVS or AES. Cheers to you guys, i myself have no words to describe how proud we are about what we have done and how you guys have received us.

About monday we will add UPS as shipping option, it will cost 30 euros (there will be two options, correos for 12 euros and UPS for 30 euros
), actually UPS to USA costs us 32 euros if i dont remember bad ...

UPS said that packets should take 3 days to USA, so we would love to know when the first packets with UPS arrive to USA.

Just to be clear, the present (free UPS shipment) is ended now, everyone purchasing from now will not get it, so please dont ask for it. I hope you guys understand that, last time our free shells surprise got ruined cause we were forced to explain why we didnエt want to allow shells to be purchased.

So, the plan as today is :

Work Tomorrow (Saturday)
Work Sunday
Keep working until we got every single order out.
Its going to take some time, so please be patient, dont email us or ask us if your order has been shipped, if we answer emails, we canエt pack.

Big thanks again for all the respect/support.

Alex,

I can not wait to have my neoSd, thank you to the whole neoSd team for everything, sure wait is worth it. :)

Gyrian
02-17-2017, 02:38 PM
Just to clafiry that.
<snip>

Wow, much appreciated!
You absolutely did not have to do this, yet you continue to pleasantly surprise us. The support you are receiving here is well earned, so thanks again for your strong customer focus. Best of luck ahead! :D

neosd
02-17-2017, 03:17 PM
Hello,

I forget to say that after we ship all pending orders we will start shipping the free shells we promissed.
We hope to have all pending orders shipped at the end of next week.
Mount pcbs into the shells, try the cartridge on the neogeo and pack it takes more time than what we initially though, so again please be patient.

Thnaks

benjiedude
02-17-2017, 04:09 PM
SWEEEET! Atleast I think it is. Pretty sure you mean all those that already ordered up until today get free UPS shipping. Very pleasantly surprised...It pays to be an early adopter sometimes. I ordered about 3 hours after pre orders went up and didn't get an email today....So hard to be patient. Like a kid waiting for Xmas!

neosd
02-17-2017, 04:26 PM
SWEEEET! Atleast I think it is. Pretty sure you mean all those that already ordered up until today get free UPS shipping. Very pleasantly surprised...It pays to be an early adopter sometimes. I ordered about 3 hours after pre orders went up and didn't get an email today....So hard to be patient. Like a kid waiting for Xmas!

Yes, on AES we still havent shipped all orders from day one, we had a lot of sales the first day we opened sales.

On MVS we had pending orders before the day we opened AES sales (this is mostly the reason about the previous sentence)

Anyways, you can be sure every AES day one order will be shipped by monday. We also have stock for everyone else (seccond AES batch was produced today and will arrive about half of next week). Yes, first AES batch got sold time ago ...

We just need time to process the orders, it may seem not much work on paper but it takes a lot of time when you are on it.

Thanks

TotalMoop
02-17-2017, 04:56 PM
Hello,

I forget to say that after we ship all pending orders we will start shipping the free shells we promised.
We hope to have all pending orders shipped at the end of next week.
Mount pcbs into the shells, try the cartridge on the neogeo and pack it takes more time than what we initially though, so again please be patient.

Thanks

You guys are amazing..
Well done to the team for all your efforts.

lachlan
02-17-2017, 05:09 PM
Constant updates, serious overtime and now UPS shipping for all those who've waited. You guys are incredible! :D

tcdev
02-18-2017, 06:08 AM
Awesome news - thanks NeoSD! I've got an AES version on the way soon, but pretty sure I'm going to need to order an MVS one too! ;)

neosd
02-18-2017, 08:57 AM
Hello,

UPS added as shipment option.

We keep packing ...

Thanks

crocchio
02-18-2017, 09:14 AM
@neosd
hi
if i buy a eas card today when will be shipping?thanks
ps sorry for bad english

neosd
02-18-2017, 09:44 AM
@neosd
hi
if i buy a eas card today when will be shipping?thanks
ps sorry for bad english

We donエt know, cause we still donエt know how many days it will take us to process all pending orders
Its a matter of put the pcbs on the shells, pack and ship .. We donエt have infinite resources to do this ...

To give a bit more light on the subject, i dont think we are going to have stock for inmediate shipping, anytime soon, we mostly sell everything produced before it comes from factories.

Thanks

brainpann
02-18-2017, 09:49 AM
Been lurking but just wanted to jump in and say thanks to neosd for updates and all your hard work!

crocchio
02-18-2017, 11:13 AM
We donエt know, cause we still donエt know how many days it will take us to process all pending orders
Its a matter of put the pcbs on the shells, pack and ship .. We donエt have infinite resources to do this ...

To give a bit more light on the subject, i dont think we are going to have stock for inmediate shipping, anytime soon, we mostly sell everything produced before it comes from factories.

Thanks

thanks neosd

Rot
02-18-2017, 11:31 AM
thanks neosd

Sorry... i read your username as Crotch_itchio...:keke:

xROTx

lachlan
02-18-2017, 01:30 PM
Those Crotch Itchio's sure are annoying. :tickled:

Rot
02-18-2017, 01:33 PM
Those Crotch Itchio's sure are annoying. :tickled:

Neosd's Crotch_iz_itchio...

Needs volunteers to... scratchio...

xROTx

GadgetUK
02-18-2017, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the update and look forward to the shell =D

neosd
02-19-2017, 04:09 PM
Shipment news

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/index.php/2017/02/20/we-are-shipping-neosd-aes-and-mvs-with-shells/

Thanks

Gatchaman
02-19-2017, 05:07 PM
Pumped up about this one. I've been a long time member\infrequent poster but just wanted to post and say thank you and my order placed.

Rot
02-19-2017, 05:09 PM
Pumped up about this one. I've been a long time member\infrequent poster but just wanted to post and say thank you and my order placed.

Man... I am glad you posted.. at long last...

Neosd is bringing n00bs and the oldtymers back...

xROTx

PS. I have NO idea who you are... but welcome back:D

CatBoy
02-19-2017, 08:56 PM
How can we make sure we DON'T get the free upgrade to UPS? UPS charges crazy custom fees in Canada and is basically awful in every way... Correos is great.

Niko
02-19-2017, 09:40 PM
How can we make sure we DON'T get the free upgrade to UPS? UPS charges crazy custom fees in Canada and is basically awful in every way... Correos is great.

If you ordered after Feb 17th, you didn't get the free upgrade.

mastamuzz
02-19-2017, 11:43 PM

challenge it according to our import laws there is no import tax for video games, if you mean the broker fee so they do all the paper work and free it fast from customs I will gladly pay it since customs have a hold of every parcel that came in December and January and have a 60 day delay on delivery beyond Canada post reach but if you really want it by regular mail go ahead!

neosd
02-20-2017, 02:28 AM

Hello,

We got an email today asking for that, from a Canadian customer.
We are a company, it dosent matters if its Correos or UPS, we have to declare every export and we cant fake the values, the govment forces us to present the original invoice with the export.

If you want us to ship with Correos, thats ok, we will ship your order with Correos but i dont think you are going to get any benefit, it will prolly be worst, but this is up to you, we will save some money in the meanwhile ...

Thanks

CatBoy
02-20-2017, 06:32 AM
Hello,

We got an email today asking for that, from a Canadian customer.
We are a company, it dosent matters if its Correos or UPS, we have to declare every export and we canエt fake the values, the govment forces us to present the original invoice with the export.

If you want us to ship with Correos, thats ok, we will ship your order with Correos but i dont think you are going to get any benefit, it will prolly be worst, but this is up to you, we will save some money in the meanwhile ...

Thanks

UPS will charge Canadians an extra $56.10 to $66.85 in "Entry Preparation Charges" and then you need to add customs fees and other taxes.
Correos will get handled by Canada Post and you only need to pay taxes and custom fees. Much much cheaper.

neosd
02-20-2017, 06:43 AM
UPS will charge Canadians an extra $56.10 to $66.85 in "Entry Preparation Charges" and then you need to add customs fees and other taxes.
Correos will get handled by Canada Post and you only need to pay taxes and custom fees. Much much cheaper.

Ok, Correos so :)

We wil answer your email tonite

Thanks

neosd
02-20-2017, 09:15 AM
Hello

UPS guy has just left with the packets.
Everyone with his order marked as shipped, has its packet actually shipped.

The rest, please be patient, we are doing our best to get everything shipped as soon as possible.

Thanks

MattBlah
02-20-2017, 09:52 AM
Sorry to ask again, but any idea when the shells for the original MVS orders might be sent? I'm still a bit cautious about using mine without the shell too much, and don't have a spare shell to sacrifice.

neosd
02-20-2017, 10:11 AM
Sorry to ask again, but any idea when the shells for the original MVS orders might be sent? I'm still a bit cautious about using mine without the shell too much, and don't have a spare shell to sacrifice.

I understand you need a date for the free shell.
Ok, lets put a date : 1st of May

Thanks

Rot
02-20-2017, 10:18 AM

Thanks

LMAO...

TotalMoop
02-20-2017, 10:49 AM

Give it a couple of weeks..

MattBlah
02-20-2017, 11:04 AM

Thanks

And I understand new orders are more important, as they mean more money. I just thought maybe you'd want to keep the original supporters happy. I was going to wait to place my order until the shells were available, but the promise of one near the end of December prompted me to go ahead and place my order. We've all been very patient, and not once have I complained, so I don't think that response was really necessary.

Rot
02-20-2017, 11:10 AM
And I understand new orders are more important, as they mean more money. I just thought maybe you'd want to keep the original supporters happy. I was going to wait to place my order until the shells were available, but the promise of one near the end of December prompted me to go ahead and place my order. We've all been very patient, and not once have I complained, so I don't think that response was really necessary.

Imagine...

1. You've got a few zillion pre-orders that you promised to get out ASAP... and have been working 16 hours per day to get it sorted...
2. Imagine you've stated about... half a dozen times the Pre-Orders will take priority over the free shells..
3. Imagine Neosd has ALREADY said that it may take another week to parcel the Pre-orders and send..... THEN he will post the free shells...
4. Imagine someone asking the same question over and over again....

Then imagine... me... looking at you from across this keyboard and facepalming...

neosd
02-20-2017, 11:13 AM

Hello,

You got this answer for some of reasons :

1 - Continous insisting
2 - Not read 1 page ago where we have answered this question.

Everyone is important.
This is NOT about money, this is about we have guys waiting for 3 months for his order, and you have your NEOSD so atleast you can play with it, is that hard to understand that ?

But you keep insisting,

Ok, lets do one thing, we are going to stop mounting and processing the remaining orders, we will pack your free shell and we will ship it.

Give me your order number please

Thanks

NeoBlaze
02-20-2017, 11:13 AM
Honestly I'm really stoked that this product is finally shipping out. Congratulations to the NeoSD team for a remarkable achievement! Also, I really appreciate that this has been sent out with UPS rather than Correaos. It makes a big difference.

Hello,

UPS added as shipment option.

We keep packing ...

Thanks

mastamuzz
02-20-2017, 11:15 AM
Holly dude they been working all weekend and believe me is not 5 packages they sold and free shells and shipping out of their pockets to keep you happy and you still demanding dates!!!! Talk about ungrateful

xsq
02-20-2017, 11:38 AM
Holly dude they been working all weekend and believe me is not 5 packages they sold and free shells and shipping out of their pockets to keep you happy and you still demanding dates!!!! Talk about ungrateful
my thoughts exactly... free shells. FREE, MOFO!
Also: If you're too clumsy to handle PCBs you might be in the wrong hobby...

pixeljunkie
02-20-2017, 11:43 AM
my thoughts exactly... free shells. FREE, MOFO!
Also: If you're too clumsy to handle PCBs you might be in the wrong hobby...

QFT - also, wouldn't you just put the cart in your system and leave it?! What's the harm?

Also got my ship notification and am beyond excited THANKS NEOSD!

greatfunky
02-20-2017, 11:46 AM
"God helps those who help themselves"

When i received my neosd i was like you MattBlah , with a bad feeling about using my neosd without shell and without spare shell to use .

Aware of the time it would take to get it , i went hunting low cost mvs carts on ebay and found a goal goal goal mvs cart for 23 euros shipping included .

MattBlah
02-20-2017, 11:49 AM
4. Imagine someone asking the same question over and over again..

I have asked twice. I was just politely asking for an update.

MattBlah
02-20-2017, 11:53 AM
Hello,

You got this answer for some of reasons :

1 - Continous insisting
2 - Not read 1 page ago where we have answered this question.

Everyone is important.
This is NOT about money, this is about we have guys waiting for 3 months for his order, and you have your NEOSD so atleast you can play with it, is that hard to understand that ?

But you keep insisting,

Ok, lets do one thing, we are going to stop mounting and processing the remaining orders, we will pack your free shell and we will ship it.

Give me your order number please

Thanks

I must have missed the update.

I don't want any special treatment. It was a simple question, not a demand and not a complaint.

Evil Wasabi
02-20-2017, 12:06 PM
I must have missed the update.

I don't want any special treatment. It was a simple question, not a demand and not a complaint.

I think Alex is under a lot of stress, as he has been working hard every day to ship these products out. It's good you clarified that you're not trying to push him to do extra stuff.

GadgetUK
02-20-2017, 12:22 PM
Yeah, don't sweat it - the shells will arrive ;) It makes perfect sense to ship out carts with shells first - a) because those people have been waiting a few months - with no cart!, and b) the last thing that makes sense is to ship shells on their own first because then there will be carts without shells, unless they then start shipping bare carts with shells to follow and that would cost a tonne of extra money. c) our 'free shells' are costing additional postage as well as the shell cost, and lets be honest - it was good will right from the start from the Neo SD team to throw these in for free!!!

Beggars can't be choosers! If its 1st of May, it's 1st of May! Anything before that is a bonus =D Lets just hope its 1st of May 2017 =D

Just reminded me of the Commodore C64 'keys campaign' on Indigogo - now there's something to complain about! Approaching 2 years and no one has their C64 replacement keys yet lol.

aoiddr
02-20-2017, 12:54 PM
c) our 'free shells' are costing additional postage as well as the shell cost, and lets be honest - it was good will right from the start from the Neo SD team to throw these in for free!!!

Beggars can't be choosers! If its 1st of May, it's 1st of May! Anything before that is a bonus =D Lets just hope its 1st of May 2017 =D

I'm totally fine with the free shells being sent the cheapest, untracked shipping method, if that helps with offsetting the already high postage costs. Thanks for all your hard work, btw.

neosd
02-20-2017, 02:00 PM
I think Alex is under a lot of stress, as he has been working hard every day to ship these products out. It's good you clarified that you're not trying to push him to do extra stuff.

I am more tired than stressed.

I canエt rush it more, everyone will have to wait, this is inhuman.

Rule 1 : we ship by purchase order.
Rule 2 : everyone has to wait.

Rot
02-20-2017, 02:05 PM
I am more tired than stressed.

I canエt rush it more, everyone will have to wait, this is inhuman.

Rule 1 : we ship by purchase order.
Rule 2 : everyone has to wait.

I for one appreciate how hard you have worked...

We've talked about the delays that have NOT been of your making... and I feel sometimes you put yourself under a lot of pressure pal...

SURE you want the items sent... so you can finally relax a bit...
SURE the people want the item... because it's pretty awesome...

BUT... maybe... just maybe... you could just at least try and relax some... and if you get impatient people... let them be... don't take it to heart man...

xROTx

mathieu4d
02-20-2017, 03:10 PM
And be sure to get drunk after all order are shipped.

xsq
02-20-2017, 03:11 PM
Rot is right. Don't forget to rest up once in a while, everyone who has followed this knows how hard you are and have been working to make this the best possible product (and Neo fans everywhere rejoice because of it).

mastamuzz
02-20-2017, 03:38 PM
even family can get more attention guys, you been working all weekend go back home and relax with loved ones, Rot can lock impatient people in the war room I bet.

lions3
02-20-2017, 03:55 PM
Can we start a beer fund for these guys? I haven't even ordered a cart yet and feel like they deserver it.

benjiedude
02-20-2017, 04:26 PM
:loco:Yeah...Please guys...Get some rest (as I sit here with my excited, evil grin staring at my shipping confirmation email). It can all wait...now. lol. While inquiries are being made for free shit btw...Can you please send me a pack of Spanish chiclets via UPS 3 day shipping please?

tcdev
02-20-2017, 05:00 PM
Just reminded me of the Commodore C64 'keys campaign' on Indigogo - now there's something to complain about! Approaching 2 years and no one has their C64 replacement keys yet lol.
Hah, that's nothing! There's still a handful of GCW-Zero Kickstarter backers that haven't received their units. Est. shipping date: Mar 2013.

On the plus side, I received mine pretty early on in the piece, and those that haven't got one - aren't missing much! :annoyed:

lachlan
02-20-2017, 05:41 PM
Again a fantastic effort on the neosd teams part, I dont think there has been a show of dedication and sacrifice like this on here either in a long time if ever!

Dont let people get to you, patience levels vary BUT you impatient people can just fuck right off! :D

lherre
02-21-2017, 02:08 AM
And be sure to get drunk after all order are shipped.

I vouche for this hahaha.

lachlan
02-21-2017, 02:53 AM
I vouche for this hahaha.

Me too! Get completely fucknuckled!

FikNaldo
02-21-2017, 02:55 AM
I have only just ordered mine (on the 15th) - I wouldn't dream of trying to promote myself up the queue or nag to get mine earlier. You neoSD guys have done what many people said was impossible, and what's more it's not only a product that works as advertised, it's robust, very well supported and an absolute must have product.

Well done!

I'll sit here patiently and bide my time until I'm lucky enough to be a proud owner.
As suggested, when you can - take a break, have a drink and celebrate your success. You deserve it.

Thank you!

kaironman
02-21-2017, 03:24 AM
The cartridge has arrived to my parents house. I'll pick it this afternoon and test it on my MVS.

This workday is going to be sooooooo looooooong!

Rot
02-21-2017, 03:25 AM
I really don't understand the thinking from some people most days...

We've been waiting for a decent NG Flash device for YEARS!... and now it comes... there's complaints about a certain time lag...

The Neosd team have kept us informed every inch of the way... Not my fault some people don't read this thread properly...

Neosd and his team have been working balls hard for the past few months to deliver... I've been in chat when Neosd has been stressed as fuck...

Give it a rest guys...

xROTx

MattBlah
02-21-2017, 03:40 AM
I really don't understand the thinking from some people most days...

We've been waiting for a decent NG Flash device for YEARS!... and now it comes... there's complaints about a certain time lag...

The Neosd team have kept us informed every inch of the way... Not my fault some people don't read this thread properly...

Neosd and his team have been working balls hard for the past few months to deliver... I've been in chat when Neosd has been stressed as fuck...

Give it a rest guys...

xROTx

Again, who complained? Not me. I got a bit defensive after the response I got to my question, but I still have not complained or moaned or pushed for a quicker delivery. I was simply asking for an update which had already been given but I missed. Nothing more.

Rot
02-21-2017, 03:45 AM
Again, who complained? Not me. I got a bit defensive after the response I got to my question, but I still have not complained or moaned or pushed for a quicker delivery. I was simply asking for an update which had already been given but I missed. Nothing more.

Relax Matt...

It's a general comment... not just you man...

Anyway, I'd suggest just relaxing... enjoying the show man... I sure am trying my best here to chill the fuck out...

xROTx

PS. Things can go downhill sorta quickly on NG.com.... I'm in the mood to let things just wash over me atm...

EDIT: The whole mod team is watching this thread... and I'm trying to judge as fair as I can here... whilst trying my best to de-stress Neosd...

However... as everyone knows... it's prob for the best to not take a matter too far... Relaxing or not..

MattBlah
02-21-2017, 04:01 AM
Relax Matt...

It's a general comment... not just you man...

It's cool, I'm relaxed. The backlash was a bit unexpected, and over the top I felt, but it's forgotten. Let's just move on.

Rot
02-21-2017, 04:04 AM
It's cool, I'm relaxed. The backlash was a bit unexpected, and over the top I felt, but it's forgotten. Let's just move on.

Please... Thanks..

I understand peoples anxieties with the delays... and it seems forever... but it's NOT Neosd's fault...

It's like flogging a dead horse for not pulling your cart...

Neosd and his team are working hard.. and tbh... you won't find a more pro-active team atm trying to fulfil everyones wishes...

xROTx

PS. I have no beef in this project... i didn't buy one... I don't think i ever will get one...

I just like it because it's fookin cool...:)

neosd
02-21-2017, 04:09 AM
Just to be clear,

I got ofended as soon as i read the word money when we are talking about the free shells.

Some things are going to change.
The first one is the free word, we never gave free shells to rise sales, it was day one plan to give free shells to all preorders for the matter of be early adopters, i am of the ones that think that early adopters deserve benefits.
People were asking so many times why we wont allow shells to be purchased so we got forced to tell shells would be free.

First mistake was to give free shells.
Seccond mistake was to anounce it.

Give something free, someone will come back insisting or complaining, it dosent matters if its free shells or free ups, someone will complain.

Rot
02-21-2017, 04:11 AM
Just to be clear,

I got ofended as soon as i read the word money when we are talking about the free shells.

Some things are going to change.
The first one is the free word, we never gave free shells to rise sales, it was day one plan to give free shells to all preorders for the matter of be early adopters, i am of the ones that think that early adopters deserve benefits.
People were asking so many times why we wont allow shells to be purchased so we got forced to tell shells would be free.

First mistake was to give free shells.
Seccond mistake was to anounce it.

Give something free, someone will come back insisting or complaining, it dosent matters if its free shells or free ups, someone will complain.

Yes I know pal... I also understand your frustrations atm...

It's been a strange time for you...

You just TRY and do what you do... and I'll sort out these little details on the forum for you...

xROTx

PS. Honestly... I have this:D

neosd
02-21-2017, 04:57 AM
Hello,

We have updated Downloads section with all user emails, remember that to get access you have to recover password with the purchase email and you will get a link on this email account to reset the password.

If someone cant login, just let us know.

Thanks

kaironman
02-21-2017, 07:43 AM
Just picked it from my parents house, it looks amazing. I'll test it tonight.

Rot
02-21-2017, 07:45 AM

Looks nice... let us know how it plays man... and...

DON'T forget to contribute to this thread: The OFFICIAL Neosd MicroSD Card thread (http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?270020-The-OFFICIAL-Neosd-MicroSD-Card-thread)

xROTx

Gyrian
02-21-2017, 08:23 AM
Great job, guys! It's looking fantastic in its stickered shell.
I agree with the sentiment expressed earlier, please do not overwork yourselves to such a degree.

benjiedude
02-21-2017, 08:33 AM

DON'T forget to contribute to this thread: The OFFICIAL Neosd MicroSD Card thread (http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?270020-The-OFFICIAL-Neosd-MicroSD-Card-thread)

xROTx

God...Won't that suck if it doesn't play? Been so excited that I didn't even consider the possibility.

Also, looking at the pic of the final product...Is that some extra shell plastic that needs some grindage? Might have to break out the Xacto knife.

Rot
02-21-2017, 08:43 AM
God...Won't that suck if it doesn't play? Been so excited that I didn't even consider the possibility.

I suppose that would be bad... but seeing as it's been tested before hand then you should be fine...

Also, looking at the pic of the final product...Is that some extra she'll plastic that needs some grindage? Might have to break out the Xacto knife.

Nerdy geeky types love that sorta thing...

xROTx

PS. Your Engrish sucks balls... just sayin' man... I had a hard time understanding what you were trying to put across...

benjiedude
02-21-2017, 08:49 AM
PS. Your Engrish sucks balls... just sayin' man... I had a hard time understanding what you were trying to put across...

Oh crap...This my test as a noob isn't? Be cool Ben...Be cool. Ummm, yes sir! I will try better good sir to improve my unworthy vernacular. I'm more of an in your face, gotta meet me in person intellectual. Yes...My typing skills suck.

pixeljunkie
02-21-2017, 10:09 AM
My cart gets here tomorrow and I am almost hyperventilating as I type this. I will post up in the SD card thread what I bought and some load times Rot ASAP - Again, NeoSD rules :buttrock:

xsq
02-21-2017, 01:05 PM
HOT! Need more closeups!

aku
02-21-2017, 01:16 PM

FREE SHELL picture FOR EVERYONE!

kaironman
02-21-2017, 03:13 PM

xROTx
Yessir! Just reported.

Dahun72
02-21-2017, 09:36 PM
I can't wait to see pics of MVS Neo SDs in the NEO SD shell in an actual MVS motherboard. It will be just weird, and great all at the same time. Here we are in 2017 and someone has made this device and those shells for an MVS. Who would have thought:?!? Amazing times.

Gyrian
02-21-2017, 10:13 PM
I can't wait to see pics of MVS Neo SDs in the NEO SD shell in an actual MVS motherboard.

No need to wait, courtesy of kaironman (http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?270020-The-OFFICIAL-Neosd-MicroSD-Card-thread&p=4171351&viewfull=1#post4171351).

comoema
02-22-2017, 12:01 AM

Nice!!!Please keep us posted and have fun!!! :)

kaironman
02-22-2017, 01:20 AM
I can't wait to see pics of MVS Neo SDs in the NEO SD shell in an actual MVS motherboard. It will be just weird, and great all at the same time. Here we are in 2017 and someone has made this device and those shells for an MVS. Who would have thought:?!? Amazing times.

I'm posting here the photos I uploaded to the NeoSD microSD thread...

Offreenday
02-22-2017, 02:52 AM
order the 14th, i'll be patient because the flashcard is only for play my missed AES card.
Thank NeoSD for the hard work, just a question : a FAQ on official website is on the way ? Cause i'm logged on website but at this time impossible to log on "downloads" or "support" section (i got "Invalid credentials" message).

Rot
02-22-2017, 02:57 AM
order the 14th, i'll be patient because the flashcard is only for play my missed AES card.
Thank NeoSD for the hard work, just a question : a FAQ on official website is on the way ? Cause i'm logged on website but at this time impossible to log on "downloads" or "support" section (i got "Invalid credentials" message).

I think you only get access to the download section when they ship your order.

Seeing as you ordered quite late I would assume you're gonna be pretty far down the pile. The download section will require the email you used to order the device and for you to reset the password.

The info is posted on this thread. I appreciate it's over 85 pages but sometimes it's best to read.

xROTx

PS. For quicker answers... if you are able... I am in chat during GMT hours.

neosd
02-22-2017, 03:02 AM

Hello,

You have to click on recover password, you will get an email to recover your passowrd.
You will need a valid serial number registered to download the tools, once logged into the downloads section.

Everyone that purchased until yesterday has his email enabled.

Thanks

Offreenday
02-22-2017, 03:35 AM
I think you only get access to the download section when they ship your order.

Seeing as you ordered quite late I would assume you're gonna be pretty far down the pile. The download section will require the email you used to order the device and for you to reset the password.

The info is posted on this thread. I appreciate it's over 85 pages but sometimes it's best to read.

xROTx

PS. For quicker answers... if you are able... I am in chat during GMT hours.

I read lot of pages, but my english is not so good (sorry ^^'), sometime is hard for me to understand all posts. It's the reason i post my question, not because i want my card, it's more for "how to ..." for neosd users.
For example a possibility to use different set (magician lord i have set 1 on AES and i want play to the 2nd set because it's more harder) in "menu sd" i see only "parent" rom, how to flash different roms for same game, use decrypted or encrypted, etc ....

Neosd reply quickly after (thank you)

Rot
02-22-2017, 03:38 AM
I read lot of pages, but my english is not so good (sorry ^^'), sometime is hard for me to understand all posts. It's the reason i post my question, not because i want my card, it's more for "how to ..." for neosd users.
For example a possibility to use different set (magician lord i have set 1 on AES and i want play to the 2nd set because it's more harder) in "menu sd" i see only "parent" rom, how to flash different roms for same game, use decrypted or encrypted, etc ....

Come into chat my friend...

You may not talk TOO much about the romz on the forum.... SO, unless we are told otherwise... the rule STAYS!

xROTx

tcdev
02-22-2017, 04:13 AM
Woo hoo! The Eagle has landed! The AES cart is in the country!!! :O

lachlan
02-22-2017, 04:16 AM
Woo hoo! The Eagle has landed! The AES cart is in the country!!! :O

Mine should be here tomorrow! :D excite!

neodev
02-22-2017, 04:43 AM

You can have as many sets as you want, just name them differently. Currently, there are 2 mame romsets: maglord and maglordh (this one apears as "Magician Lord (AES)"), but if you have a different one, you can just try to make neobuilder to create a new romset, by guessing the rom order. Is that what you want?

nio
02-22-2017, 05:36 AM
More harder :-)

One100bill
02-22-2017, 06:58 AM
Oh yeah! My AES is on the truck to be delivered today. Thank you NEOSD. Only problem is I have no idea on how to download and install romz and whatever other steps I need to get any game working ....lol.

Rot
02-22-2017, 07:02 AM
Oh yeah! My AES is on the truck to be delivered today. Thank you NEOSD. Only problem is I have no idea on how to download and install romz and whatever other steps I need to get any game working ....lol.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?269010-NEOSD-MVS-Support-thread-!&p=4140218&viewfull=1#post4140218

You have 5 days left... and link will expire...

2 hours 30 minute download...

Then pop into chat... or ONE time only PM...

xROTx

PS. For all the n00bs and possibly some other members... I have provided a link... I re-iterate it is not MINE... I just have a password and link...

I have provided this because it saves me the effort of having to keep telling you fooks to stop talking about the romz...

The set has 2 archives...

FIRST archive will give you NINE files...

The PASSWORD is needed for the SECOND 9 file archive...

It will extract to 263 files... NO need to use a tool... all crc checked... just copy and paste...

NOW... SHUSH about teh romz...

Gyrian
02-22-2017, 10:12 AM
My AES NeoSD just shipped! Thanks guys, weekend's looking up. :D

Tengugurl
02-22-2017, 12:24 PM
I might buy one of these, its quite neat! Now to find a nice shell for it... Shall I sacrifice Puzzle Bobble or my 161 in 1 cart?

TotalMoop
02-22-2017, 12:47 PM
I might buy one of these, its quite neat! Now to find a nice shell for it... Shall I sacrifice Puzzle Bobble or my 161 in 1 cart?

Why not just buy it with a shell?

aku
02-22-2017, 02:18 PM
... Shall I sacrifice Puzzle Bobble or my 161 in 1 cart?

ugly yellow banana cart? sacrifice it!

One100bill
02-22-2017, 06:15 PM
Rot,

Thank you Sir.

loganm187
02-22-2017, 07:25 PM
I received my AES flash cart! That was fast! I can't seem to get neobuilderUI to work. I have tried on two different windows 7 64 bit machines both with the correct service packs installed. "neobuilderUI" and "neobuildervalidator" both run, but are cut off by half and i can't expand the windows to see the start buttons to convert the roms. Anyone experiencing this? Any help would be great. Thanks.

Kloggmonkey
02-22-2017, 07:36 PM
If you're having trouble with Neobuilder make sure you have both Visual C++ 2015 Update 3 and Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 installed.

loganm187
02-22-2017, 07:38 PM
UPDATE: NeobuilderUI opens just fine, but the window will not expand so I can not see the "start button" to start converting roms. I have never encountered this before on anything. I only get half of the program visible.

Thanks for replying, but as stated above I have all required service packs installed.

mastamuzz
02-22-2017, 08:33 PM
Try changing your screen resolution and make sure you have the 2015 version of c++ both the 32 and 64.

donomans
02-22-2017, 08:36 PM
UPDATE: NeobuilderUI opens just fine, but the window will not expand so I can not see the "start button" to start converting roms. I have never encountered this before on anything. I only get half of the program visible.

Thanks for replying, but as stated above I have all required service packs installed.

You could save yourself some trouble and follow Rot's advice if you can't make any headway on it (also check the neosd support thread?)

loganm187
02-22-2017, 08:42 PM
Didn't know there was a thread outside this one about the NeoSD and already tried all of that and thought it was a screen resolution thing too at first. I have never had a program just refuse to let me see half of it before and can't find any solution. I tried blindly tabbing over to hit the start button, but it will not work. And this is on two seperate desktops too. I don't see any solutions from what ROT posted about converting roms to neo in the link you provided besides talking to him in live chat.

Sceptre_JLRB
02-22-2017, 10:18 PM
I don't see any solutions from what ROT posted about converting roms to neo in the link you provided besides talking to him in live chat.

U sure?
Please, pay attention to the link provided, and then chat to dad Rot. His almightyness shall for sure enlighten you! ;-)

loganm187
02-22-2017, 10:44 PM
U sure?
Please, pay attention to the link provided, and then chat to dad Rot. His almightyness shall for sure enlighten you! ;-)

AHHHHHHH....I see now :) Thanks.

hermon_cone
02-22-2017, 10:54 PM
Well here I am. Long time lurker, first post. I've been working on these custom shockbox inserts and I was hoping to share those first, but instead I'm in the NEOSD thread! I've been long time collector of games, but the announcement of the NEO SD is what made me finally take the plunge into Neo Geo (well that and finding two old carts in an abandoned MVS in japan.)

So my NEOSD finally arrived on my doorstep aaaaand.. the software crashes as soon as the conversion process begins. Even after installing the C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3. So I find myself at a loss. My PC is running windows 7? I'm not sure what more I can do. Hope I can get the software running soon. Luckily I have a solid chunk of neo geo games to keep me busy in the mean time. Anyone else having this issue? And cheers to the NEOSD crew.. Can't wait to get this working!:)

tcdev
02-22-2017, 11:23 PM
Sooo... after waiting months for my NeoSD AES to arrive - it finally arrived today!!! Rushed out and bought a 16GB SDHC card at lunchtime... I've copied all the ROM images to my SD card... inserted it into the NeoSD, then went searching for my AES (stored away whilst my games room is being finished). Found it, set it up on the TV in the lounge room... went to plug it in... and I can't find my step-down transformer anywhere (forgot I needed it)! Arrgghhh!!!!

Last I saw it was over a year ago when I packed up the office. Could be anywhere in dozens of boxes stored in the games room, home office, garage or shed!!! Sooooo frustrating!!! :mad_2:

Looks like I'll be waiting another few days until I can play with my NeoSD... :crying:

neodev
02-23-2017, 02:32 AM
Well here I am. Long time lurker, first post. I've been working on these custom shockbox inserts and I was hoping to share those first, but instead I'm in the NEOSD thread! I've been long time collector of games, but the announcement of the NEO SD is what made me finally take the plunge into Neo Geo (well that and finding two old carts in an abandoned MVS in japan.)

So my NEOSD finally arrived on my doorstep aaaaand.. the software crashes as soon as the conversion process begins. Even after installing the C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3. So I find myself at a loss. My PC is running windows 7? I'm not sure what more I can do. Hope I can get the software running soon. Luckily I have a solid chunk of neo geo games to keep me busy in the mean time. Anyone else having this issue? And cheers to the NEOSD crew.. Can't wait to get this working!:)

Ensure you don't have any dot in the path where the zip files are stored.

Razoola
02-23-2017, 02:59 AM
Is there a new version of the tool now supporting yesturdays MAME release?

TotalMoop
02-23-2017, 03:35 AM
It's arrived!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170223/6cd965cd9f70ec0ff5f74249296e6c22.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170223/f4b2f38e09d080c67848c2960040bebc.jpg

Rot
02-23-2017, 03:38 AM
It's arrived!

Looks... GREAT!!!

All that time in chat... I'll miss you now you've got the Neo_s_t_d:(

xROTx

xsq
02-23-2017, 03:45 AM
Sooo... after waiting months for my NeoSD AES to arrive - it finally arrived today!!! Rushed out and bought a 16GB SDHC card at lunchtime... I've copied all the ROM images to my SD card... inserted it into the NeoSD, then went searching for my AES (stored away whilst my games room is being finished). Found it, set it up on the TV in the lounge room... went to plug it in... and I can't find my step-down transformer anywhere (forgot I needed it)! Arrgghhh!!!!

Last I saw it was over a year ago when I packed up the office. Could be anywhere in dozens of boxes stored in the games room, home office, garage or shed!!! Sooooo frustrating!!! :mad_2:

Looks like I'll be waiting another few days until I can play with my NeoSD... :crying:
http://i.imgur.com/BbGnQpp.gif

lachlan
02-23-2017, 04:28 AM
Lol tcdev why the hell do you use a stepdown? Buy a 5v or 9v ac adaptor from jcar and simplify life.

Razoola
02-23-2017, 04:34 AM
I does look real nice, a real shame the last fix was not done to the art though. Any reason why it was not done given it was mentioned the same time as the logo in the bottom right and that was corrected?

Can you take a picture from the spine of the cart also se we can see how that looks?

TotalMoop
02-23-2017, 04:48 AM
Bit of an all round view

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170223/531ccff23bc91a69f118d01a300f9716.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170223/b293eac3865681b47ac669d49723064a.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170223/99f3fbb00747de6970967f8012624ee1.jpg

neosd
02-23-2017, 04:48 AM
Hello,

Lack of time to get in touch with Alien (the designer) and submit the stickers to be printed. We had no time left to not have another delay.

Thanks

I does look real nice, a real shame the last fix was not done to the art though. Any reason why it was not done given it was mentioned the same time as the logo in the bottom right and that was corrected?

Can you take a picture from the spine of the cart also se we can see how that looks?

xsq
02-23-2017, 05:17 AM
Lack of time to get in touch with Alien (the designer) and submit the stickers to be printed. We had no time left to not have another delay.
Will there be an updated version down the line? I'm pretty sure demand would be there... you could maybe even do a premium version with metallic sticker material (to make the gold stripes shine truly). ;)

tcdev
02-23-2017, 05:40 AM
Lol tcdev why the hell do you use a stepdown? Buy a 5v or 9v ac adaptor from jcar and simplify life.
But it says to ONLY use a PRO-POW3 adapter... ;)

I've probably got a few lying around but same problem - packed away. I'm sure I'll find something suitable in the next day or so. I'm scratching my head to recall what I used for the NGCD which I definitely had set up a few months ago, but the PS for that is nowhere to be seen either. :(

TotalMoop
02-23-2017, 06:15 AM
Will there be an updated version down the line? I'm pretty sure demand would be there... you could maybe even do a premium version with metallic sticker material (to make the gold stripes shine truly). ;)

Isnt that what the deal with Stoneage Gamer will offer?
Shiney, sparkly..

lachlan
02-23-2017, 06:44 AM
Shiney, sparkly..

I will never understand people who care about sparkly shiny artsy labels.. I would be satisfied with a plain white label with 'neosd' printed on it.

TotalMoop
02-23-2017, 07:10 AM
I will never understand people who care about sparkly shiny artsy labels.. I would be satisfied with a plain white label with 'neosd' printed on it.

I agree totally.. Less is more in this case.. I like the label as it is. It does it's intended job.

Flagshiphero
02-23-2017, 07:26 AM
i'm sure someone will design a custom sticker.

xsq
02-23-2017, 07:48 AM
Shiney, sparkly..
WTF do I know? And I'd much rather have NeoSD make those dollars...

Razoola
02-23-2017, 08:02 AM
Strange, he did do one of the two fixes suggested at that time and the correction would have taken seconds, but what is done is done. Still looks ok.

Electric Grave
02-23-2017, 08:08 AM
Raz, is NEOLAND still a WIP?

Razoola
02-23-2017, 11:09 AM
Raz, is NEOLAND still a WIP?

Not at the moment.

nio
02-23-2017, 11:35 AM
<3

B

Fygee
02-23-2017, 11:43 AM
Not at the moment.

For what it's worth, I think it would still be highly desirable to have a cart with all of the legit released games that load instantly, a la the 161-1, especially with the features and interface that you demonstrated in your POC. Personally I know I would prefer that since I'm not planning on doing anything that would require the use of an SD card (game development, homebrews, etc.), and not having to wait 2-4 minutes for games to load would be great.

Lone-Wolf
02-23-2017, 03:43 PM
Big thanks to the NeoSD team and congrats on producing such an excellent product. High recommendations from me and looking forward to seeing what you guys have planned for the future :)

My AES version arrived today and works flawlessly.

Resisting the urge to play Neo all night now... have to get up early for work tomorrow!

hermon_cone
02-23-2017, 07:01 PM
Thanks to all the amazing folks in the chat! I'm psyched to be acquainted with the Neo-Geo community! The NEO SD is glorious. Although nothing beats an original cart, I'm thrilled to finally try some of these shooters that are out of my price range.

Cheers to the whole NEOSD team for making a beautiful product and also big thanks to Rot!

Evil Wasabi
02-23-2017, 08:04 PM
Got mine. It's great so far. Some graphical disturbance on some games (nightmare in the dark, matrimelee), but for the most part it's been wonderful.

mastamuzz
02-23-2017, 10:10 PM
Got mine today too!

Before anything else thank you guys at Terraonion this is what I been waiting for years and you made it possible!

now to the test
AES 3-3 flawless in every way but tested only on composite and S-video
AES 3-6 shows some problems on two games of 3 I tested so far for loading time The King of fighters 2003= graphical glitches (dancing lines all over the place)
Samurai showdown 5 sp same issue as kof 2003, magician lord no problems whatsoever. all on RGB out to Framemeister.

I am inclined to think its a power issue the 3-3 has an original 5v 3A power supply and the 3-6 has a 9V 1A original PS.
I have a 12V 5A psu coming next week to make further tests.
Also I'll get an 8 pin mini din to framemeister on the 3-3 cause I'll use that one from now on. not that it has anything to do with that but just to rule out any additional factors.

manic23
02-24-2017, 01:54 AM
Just wanted to say a big thanks to the NeoSD team, I also got my AES version yesterday and also got the shell for my MVS in the same package! that was a really nice surprise, was not expecting that as you previously stated that they would come later.

Thanks again guys, awesome job!

neodev
02-24-2017, 02:38 AM
Got mine today too!

Before anything else thank you guys at Terraonion this is what I been waiting for years and you made it possible!

now to the test
AES 3-6 shows some problems on two games of 3 I tested so far for loading time The King of fighters 2003= graphical glitches (dancing lines all over the place)
Samurai showdown 5 sp same issue as kof 2003, magician lord no problems whatsoever. all on RGB out to Framemeister.

I am inclined to think its a power issue the 3-3 has an original 5v 3A power supply and the 3-6 has a 9V 1A original PS.
Also I'll get an 8 pin mini din to framemeister on the 3-3 cause I'll use that one from now on. not that it has anything to do with that but just to rule out any additional factors.

mastamuzz, Evil Wasabi, send us your serial numbers (via email) so we can send you an updated firmware that fixes some graphic glitches in some AES models.

xsq
02-24-2017, 02:40 AM
Some graphical disturbance on some games (nightmare in the dark, matrimelee), but for the most part it's been wonderful.

Please report your issues here. (http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?270109-NEOSD-AES-Support-thread-!) The NeoSD team might be interested in hearing about them and they will very likely help you figure out a solution.

//EDIT: Beat to it by the lads themselves. You rock.

neosd
02-24-2017, 03:03 AM
Just wanted to say a big thanks to the NeoSD team, I also got my AES version yesterday and also got the shell for my MVS in the same package! that was a really nice surprise, was not expecting that as you previously stated that they would come later.

Thanks again guys, awesome job!

Hello,

Everyone that has purchased for a seccond time, got the free shell for the first order on the same package.
Shipping the free shells is just a matter or work (packing and shipping). To put an extra shell into a packet that is already processed for shipment takes no time, create new packets for every shell takes time ...

Next week we hope to finish with all pending orders, then we will get some days to rest on mass packing and we will start preparing free shells shipment. Among other things we have to find the best way to ship those.

Thanks

loganm187
02-24-2017, 05:36 AM
Can anyone confirm if on The Aes version even with region options I still have to install unibios to play games with blood? This is a real deal breaker for me and I'm thinking of selling mine unless there is going to be a firmware update where I could access mvs mode or something. I can not stand playing these censored and do not want to risk breaking my neogeo soldering.

neodev
02-24-2017, 05:50 AM
Can anyone confirm if on The Aes version even with region options I still have to install unibios to play games with blood? This is a real deal breaker for me and I'm thinking of selling mine unless there is going to be a firmware update where I could access mvs mode or something. I can not stand playing these censored and do not want to risk breaking my neogeo soldering.

I know that Samurai Shodown games behave as you explained, so I suspect mslug games do that too. Changing the game region doesn't change the blood color, it only works in MVS, but don't worry, we have a solution for that coming soon :)

loganm187
02-24-2017, 05:55 AM
So that's confirmation I will be able to access blood etc via the flash cart soon!? :) Yea, I tried metal slug, last blade etc. And no blood. You guys rock.

Lone-Wolf
02-24-2017, 06:29 AM
Got mine today too!

now to the test

For info I have a 3-5 revision and I use an official MD1 power supply which is 9v 1.2A and I don't have any issues so maybe that you don't need the 12v supply.

Rot
02-24-2017, 06:38 AM
LADS!

Can I suggest using the Neosd Tech threads for Neosd Tech help:

AES Neosd Tech Support. (http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?270109-NEOSD-AES-Support-thread-!)

MVS Neosd Tech Support. (http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?269010-NEOSD-MVS-Support-thread-!)

Thanks lads...

xROTx

Gummy Bear
02-24-2017, 06:43 AM
Got mine today too!

now to the test

Deliberately feeding your AES 12v sounds like a recipe for bad.
5A for a machine that should draw less than 2 means you'll probably be looking at like 13 or 14v real world.
Just grab yourself a good, regulated 9v 2A supply, man.

Mhaze
02-24-2017, 08:28 AM
I just received my NEOSD version today and tested it. Had some graphic glitches with my NeoGeo 3-6 but with the new firmeware from NeoSD everything works fine for now. Thanks for this great product and the very fast support!

hyper
02-24-2017, 09:45 AM
Got mine. It's great so far. Some graphical disturbance on some games (nightmare in the dark, matrimelee), but for the most part it's been wonderful.welcome to the fold my brother

Neodogg
02-24-2017, 11:26 AM
It's arrived!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170223/6cd965cd9f70ec0ff5f74249296e6c22.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170223/f4b2f38e09d080c67848c2960040bebc.jpg

I think you got a bootleg there, that cart label doesn't have rounded corners...

TotalMoop
02-24-2017, 11:28 AM
:keke: Could be...

massimiliano
02-24-2017, 12:19 PM
mastamuzz, Evil Wasabi, send us your serial numbers (via email) so we can send you an updated firmware that fixes some graphic glitches in some AES models.

Hi neodev, may I suggest to elaborate a bit more about this? (maybe a comment in the neosd support thread with a link here)

If I understand correctly, it seems that the only relevant issue encountered so far is by few people, with a particular revision of MVS (and now AES) triggers the timing (?) issue.

Given the tricky nature of the glitch, I think it is important to disclose all technical details and make people understand (just trying to avoid some sort of "rumor" developing about those lines glitches).

thanks!

Massi

Rot
02-24-2017, 12:26 PM
Hi neodev, may I suggest to elaborate a bit more about this? (maybe a comment in the neosd support thread with a link here)

If I understand correctly, it seems that the only relevant issue encountered so far is by few people, with a particular revision of MVS (and now AES) triggers the timing (?) issue.

Given the tricky nature of the glitch, I think it is important to disclose all technical details and make people understand (just trying to avoid some sort of "rumor" developing about those lines glitches).

thanks!

Massi

Massi pal...

We were talking about this in chat last night... Neosd and neodev don't want to give too much away about why this occurs in some machines (especially lower serial numbers...)...

The reason to NOT elaborate TOO much on this level of tech detail should be obvious...

Each AES machine revision is slightly different... and they are building their firmware to accommodate this...

xROTx

neodev
02-24-2017, 12:35 PM

thanks!

Massi

Well, the issue is similar to the MVS ones, small lines appearing randomly on screen or randoms squares in the neosd menu, so it's fixed by improving the MVS fix, so it now works for AES and MVS boards.

massimiliano
02-24-2017, 12:58 PM
Well, the issue is similar to the MVS ones, small lines appearing randomly on screen or randoms squares in the neosd menu, so it's fixed by improving the MVS fix, so it now works for AES and MVS boards.

Fair enough, thanks, I think clear communication about these issues is key, as at least we know this is well understood problem and next firmware will cover all the revisions... cheers!

neodev
02-24-2017, 01:03 PM
Fair enough, thanks, I think clear communication about these issues is key, as at least we know this is well understood problem and next firmware will cover all the revisions... cheers!

Sorry, I didn't elaborate more in the first message because we had been talking about that in the spanish forums and I didn't notice that it was new info here.

massimiliano
02-24-2017, 01:04 PM
Sorry, I didn't elaborate more in the first message because we had been talking about that in the spanish forums and I didn't notice that it was new info here.

No problem, thanks again for the update!

faroffmods
02-24-2017, 01:12 PM
Hi NeoSD

Before I start, I just want to apologize to all the members here. I don't mean to hi-jack the thread with my payment issue. We really should have an official support thread for this topic.

I have tried my bank issued Visa debit card as well as my Visa credit card. Both are getting an error telling me to contact the merchant. I saw others were instructed here to contact the CC company or bank. I have contacted both. They both have said that no transactions of any kind for this purchase attempt even show up on there end. So there is nothing they can "un-block" to allow the payment to proceed. I have specified that this payment processor is in Spain, and asked them to verify there are no payment restrictions for Spain. They have checked their blocked lists for Spain transactions. Both have said that they have no restrictions for payments to Spain.

Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks everyone!

Rot
02-24-2017, 01:29 PM
QUICK announcement... for 2 weeks ONLY... I will give out the RBFF1 Korean variant in chat... ONLY!

xROTx

PS. PM me... and expect a quick and effective "response...."

hyper
02-24-2017, 02:04 PM
mighty generous of you

ban pls

Rot
02-24-2017, 02:07 PM
mighty generous of you

ban me pls

OK... i can do that...

I have often timed myself... I can War Room Lock a member in about 15 seconds now...

xROTx

PS. AND if you have to know... that's 12 seconds more than my love life....

mastamuzz
02-24-2017, 02:21 PM
Try from a different machine or electronic device, browsers get hijacked on computers, try from your phone or tablet I purchased mine from my phone cause a certain jealous individual is dedicated to try and ruin this awesome product but there are ways around like I said, you can't send to many people to try and ban or bad mouth a website on every platform.

Evil Wasabi
02-24-2017, 02:36 PM
Hi NeoSD

Before I start, I just want to apologize to all the members here. I don't mean to hi-jack the thread with my payment issue. We really should have an official support thread for this topic.

I have tried my bank issued Visa debit card as well as my Visa credit card. Both are getting an error telling me to contact the merchant. I saw others were instructed here to contact the CC company or bank. I have contacted both. They both have said that no transactions of any kind for this purchase attempt even show up on there end. So there is nothing they can "un-block" to allow the payment to proceed. I have specified that this payment processor is in Spain, and asked them to verify there are no payment restrictions for Spain. They have checked their blocked lists for Spain transactions. Both have said that they have no restrictions for payments to Spain.

Thanks everyone!

I had the same thing happen. I contacted my bank and they sat with me while I tried to make the payment. The person I spoke to saw the problem on her end, and fixed it so that the transaction could go through.

neosd
02-24-2017, 02:44 PM
Hi NeoSD

Thanks everyone!

Hello,

you got a PM, please answer us by email to contact@neosdstore....

Thanks

hyper
02-24-2017, 02:44 PM
same here, it is a security mechanism

Niko
02-24-2017, 02:49 PM
I called the 1800 number on the back of my card before placing the order. Told them I was going to be making an overseas purchase of about $500 and I wanted to make sure it wouldnt get blocked. The customer service rep, took note and once I hung up I placed the order with zero problems.

I think the key here is to call the bank BEFORE trying to order.

faroffmods
02-24-2017, 05:34 PM
Thank you everyone for you helpful suggestions to get around the credit card / bank card declines when attempting to purchase.

As I said before, when I tried to purchase, I would get a error saying to contact the merchant. I was using my PC and Chrome browser.
Each time I would call my Credit Card issuer or bank, they just kept saying they couldn't even see a transaction occurring at all.

I took the suggestion from mastamuzz to try purchasing on a mobile device. This time I got further in the check out process. instead of the instant error message saying to contact the merchant, I got an order pre-confirmation page that asked me to choose between EUR or USD to charge my card. Choosing either would result in a new error message saying "Transaction Denied By Your Bank".

I called my Credit Card issuer again and they could now see the transaction and were able to exclude the block that their system had put in place. So I can now purchase!!

Question for you guys: I have a Neo Geo Omega (reads both MVS and AES carts) What is the difference between an MVS or AES NeoSD?
Is there any advantage to having one over the other?

Thanks

ShootTheCore
02-24-2017, 05:53 PM
Question for you guys: I have a Neo Geo Omega (reads both MVS and AES carts) What is the difference between an MVS or AES NeoSD?

The Omega reads MVS carts only. You'll want the MVS NeoSD. No advantage of one over the other, except the sticker and cart shapes are different.

Sceptre_JLRB
02-24-2017, 06:00 PM
Thank you everyone for you helpful suggestions to get around the credit card / bank card declines when attempting to purchase.

As I said before, when I tried to purchase, I would get a error saying to contact the merchant. I was using my PC and Chrome browser.
Each time I would call my Credit Card issuer or bank, they just kept saying they couldn't even see a transaction occurring at all.

I took the suggestion from mastamuzz to try purchasing on a mobile device. This time I got further in the check out process. instead of the instant error message saying to contact the merchant, I got an order pre-confirmation page that asked me to choose between EUR or USD to charge my card. Choosing either would result in a new error message saying "Transaction Denied By Your Bank".

I called my Credit Card issuer again and they could now see the transaction and were able to exclude the block that their system had put in place. So I can now purchase!!

Thanks

From a technical viewpoint (one of my fav shmups), the AES version include an additional FPGA and is a litte bit more complex, hence its slightly higher price. Regarding practical features, the MVS version has 2 advantages: It allows you to change not only the region JAP/USA/EUR, but also the system Console/Arcade, this latter not available on the AES version. Besides, the MVS version saves hi-scores and softdip configs for infinite games, in addition to the 8 the backup RAM memory of the MVS board can manage.

faroffmods
02-24-2017, 06:26 PM
The Omega reads MVS carts only. You'll want the MVS NeoSD. No advantage of one over the other, except the sticker and cart shapes are different.

Ooops, you are right. The Omega does only read MVS carts. thanks for clarifying!

EDIT - Payment FINALLY accepted! I had to call the bank one last time because they had lifted the block for the purchase, but didn't lift another block for a foreign purchase out of Spain. Thank you everyone once again for your support! I won't deny it, this has been the strangest purchase process I have ever encountered. :loco:

faroffmods
02-24-2017, 06:57 PM
If anyone has any interest in buying a 161 in 1 or a 120 in 1 cart. Just shoot me a PM. Both of them have had like 2 uses each.
I purchased them about 6 months ago. I will be selling these once I receive my NeoSD MVS cart and have tested it.

thanks!

mastamuzz
02-24-2017, 11:11 PM
Ohh my friend there will be a lot of 161, 132, daedalus, magic keys and other multi games for sale soon, they will go down in price as I believe the became obselete or part of the shelfqueens arsenal.

Sceptre_JLRB
02-25-2017, 01:07 AM
Ohh my friend there will be a lot of 161, 132, daedalus, magic keys and other multi games for sale soon, they will go down in price as I believe the became obselete or part of the shelfqueens arsenal.

For sure! & IMO, I think the difference in game quality between NeoSD and those multicarts is similar, if not greater, than that existing between using emulators compared to real hardware. I'd like to remark this, since I've seen certain people still claiming multicarts are a perfect substitute for NeoSD, obviously from the lack of awareness and experimental knowledge.

greatfunky
02-25-2017, 02:30 AM

You right, i sold my magickey quickly to get the neosd aes, with a little profit due to currency variation , but good deals like this one will be more difficult in a few months.

Nostromo
02-25-2017, 02:47 AM
Quick question to those who preordered the NeoSD and are entitled to a "free" case - are these just turning up in the post, or you are getting an email/website update with the dispatch information? Thanks!

Sceptre_JLRB
02-25-2017, 03:07 AM
Quick question to those who preordered the NeoSD and are entitled to a "free" case - are these just turning up in the post, or you are getting an email/website update with the dispatch information? Thanks!

I think NeoSD team will let us know once they start those shippings. No hurry at all, they need a well-deserved break after all these current NeoSD shippings.

neosd
02-25-2017, 03:16 AM

Hello Nostromo,

Next week we will finish shipping all pending orders, then we will get a week to rest of shipments (we will keep shipping new orders daily), and we will start shipping the free shells. The ones that already got the free shells are the ones that repeated purchase, so we put the free shells on the same packet to save us work for the next time.

Shipping the free shells is a matter of work time, we have been doing overwork for so many weeks now, the day dosent has more hours unfortunally.

We still have to figure which carrier we will use for the free shells, packing those and make labels will take some time, so please be patient, we will do our job as allways. Last 15 days have been running, running, running, to pack and ship.

Thanks

Nostromo
02-25-2017, 03:16 AM
Thanks a lot for the update - much appreciate, take your time guys :)

donluca
02-25-2017, 04:53 AM

Maybe, maybe not.

Even when/if I'll get my MVS NeoSD, I'll still keep my 138-in-1 and 161-in-1 as they have lots of games that work without issues (138-in-1 games pass even the CRC check in Unibios) and load instantly.
Still, there are some games I'd like to play on MVS which aren't included in the multicarts and cost an awful lot of money and I'm seriously thinking about getting the NeoSD just for those (which, btw, will also support the maker of this awesome product).

Time will tell.

mastamuzz
02-25-2017, 08:47 AM
Yeah wait till you get yours and then you'll tell me after!

Unfortunately no one can be told what the matrix is!

bitdigital
02-26-2017, 07:10 AM
My AES cart arrived the other day and It's awesome. Shipping was fast, Fit and finish is perfect. Thanks NEOSD Team.

tomlee80
02-26-2017, 03:44 PM
You right, i sold my magickey quickly to get the neosd aes, with a little profit due to currency variation , but good deals like this one will be more difficult in a few months.

See now I paid over $399 for my Daedalus from the NeoStore back in January 2014, and I'm in two minds about selling it for the NeoSD. I'm not sure I'll ever want to give up playing the occasional original cartridge, but also as a fail safe if my NeoSD goes faulty.

I feel the same about my AES and MVS carts, just can't bring myself to sell them...total hoarder.

Planning to make my purchase in the coming weeks but my credit card is gonna hurt...

Gummy Bear
02-27-2017, 01:56 AM
See now I paid over $399

$400?

Yodd
02-27-2017, 09:04 AM
@NEOSD team

I had someone make a comment on my neosd review video asking about changing the game thumbnail from the title screen to a gameplay snapshot. I know this isn't currently doable, but maybe something to consider for a future firmware update.

Edit: or is this something that can be done in the neobuilder tool?

neosd
02-27-2017, 11:11 AM
@NEOSD team

I had someone make a comment on my neosd review video asking about changing the game thumbnail from the title screen to a gameplay snapshot. I know this isn't currently doable, but maybe something to consider for a future firmware update.

Edit: or is this something that can be done in the neobuilder tool?

Hello Yodd,

Yes, we have plans for that, but i cant tell you when or how, we still have to decide those, mostly how ...

Thanks

benjiedude
02-27-2017, 05:35 PM

You have 5 days left... and link will expire...

2 hours 30 minute download...

Then pop into chat... or ONE time only PM...

xROTx

PS. For all the n00bs and possibly some other members... I have provided a link... I re-iterate it is not MINE... I just have a password and link...

I have provided this because it saves me the effort of having to keep telling you fooks to stop talking about the romz...

The set has 2 archives...

FIRST archive will give you NINE files...

The PASSWORD is needed for the SECOND 9 file archive...

It will extract to 263 files... NO need to use a tool... all crc checked... just copy and paste...

NOW... SHUSH about teh romz...

Anybody take Rot up on this? If so please PM me...having an issue and could use some help.