PDA

View Full Version : MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13

neodev
01-11-2017, 08:42 AM
I sorta tend to agree with you... but I can also see that a lot of people brought this in the hope it would work with their AES setups as there was no AES version announced at the time...

If you can solve it via firmware updates... why not I say...

I know what you're saying Niko... but hell... if they can fix it as a team.. it just makes the device more attractive...

xROTx

PS... Don't forget... you can't play the AES version in an MVS setup... so it tends to make sense for people with both AES and MVS setups to use just one of the devices..

Well, they are not officially supported, but we want to be sure that the next firmware update doesn't break the compatibility with the ones that are already working. So with the new firmware, some other converters may work or may not, but the ones that were working with the stock one, should be kept working.

It seems like some of the converters don't properly pass all the cartridge lines that NeoSD requires from the AES connecto to the MVS one, (they might not be passed at all, or are wired in a wrong order), and that might be the cause that NeoSD only works with some converters, and that's something that can't be fixed with a firmware update.

aha2940
01-11-2017, 09:18 AM
The unibios I understand, but what's this about having to mod the AES for better video quality? I thought it did RGB natively if I use a euro scart cable. In any case, I ended up buying an Omega earlier today. I'm sure it's well worth my money. Just have to settle on what controller I need. What's everyone's opinion on the best controller for someone who just bought a neo geo? The CD controller looks comfortable, but I hear it breaks easy & the button layout doesn't look ideal. This is probably the one thing I'm going to have the most trouble with. Even the kidney bean controllers are looking pricey these days.

Some later versions of the AES have a design problem where the RGB signal does not look as good. Solution (IIRC) is simply cutting three traces and it's done. Regarding the controller, I have Hori Neo II Fighting Sticks and love them, however I also have a kidney stick, modded with Xian Xi's octogonal gate and it works very well. The buttons on the kidney are not arcade buttons, so the feeling may be different.

Regards.

mr_flaps
01-11-2017, 09:30 AM
Neosd guys, are you still on track for shipping the AES cartridges on Jan14th?

neosd
01-11-2017, 09:47 AM
Neosd guys, are you still on track for shipping the AES cartridges on Jan14th?

Hello,

Unfortunally not 14th.

The shipping status as today is pending on the info at the shells meeting we have next friday.

Yesterday we got the MVS batch produced (we will pick it next friday but its produced)

Next week we will have the AES batch produced (the MVS production delay caused an AES delay of about 1 week).

So our plan is to ship both AES and MVS with shells and once we have shipped all those, we will ship shells for the first MVS batch.

Until friday we will not have more info about the shells, once we know more we will let you all know.

Thanks

wingzrow
01-11-2017, 12:06 PM
Are there still issues when ordering in the U.S.? I don't want to make an order & then find out my bank froze my credit card. There's no way to use paypal to checkout right?

Some later versions of the AES have a design problem where the RGB signal does not look as good. Solution (IIRC) is simply cutting three traces and it's done. Regarding the controller, I have Hori Neo II Fighting Sticks and love them, however I also have a kidney stick, modded with Xian Xi's octogonal gate and it works very well. The buttons on the kidney are not arcade buttons, so the feeling may be different.

Regards.

Any experience with those tototek PS2/PS1 controller adapters?

crocchio
01-11-2017, 12:17 PM
hi all,
i'd like to buy a neosd card aes, i came from italy where i can buy one?
thanks

aku
01-11-2017, 12:34 PM

crocchio
01-11-2017, 12:42 PM
Thnaks ;)

yoshi41
01-11-2017, 02:43 PM
Hello,

We just got an email from a customer telling us that it works on the blue phantom-1 converter

hi,
the blue phantom-1 converter works without Problems with the aes. i have stock firmwares. please write this to neogeo Forum,thanks. i want Register in the Forum.

best regards,

Thanks

Ok, this time AES with stock BIOS + Daedalus converter.

And I have good news. The menu works now without holding Start. Just the same as with Unibios.

Thanks!

Thanks

Just FYI. Did another test with the Fusion converter on AES with stock BIOS and Unibios.

Result is the same as before. Flashed game works but the NeoSD menu doesn't work.

aoiddr
01-11-2017, 02:45 PM
What's the current projected eta on the wide release of the firmware update? Thanks.

TotalMoop
01-11-2017, 02:52 PM
Hello,

Unfortunally not 14th.

The shipping status as today is pending on the info at the shells meeting we have next friday.

Yesterday we got the MVS batch produced (we will pick it next friday but its produced)

Next week we will have the AES batch produced (the MVS production delay caused an AES delay of about 1 week).

So our plan is to ship both AES and MVS with shells and once we have shipped all those, we will ship shells for the first MVS batch.

Until friday we will not have more info about the shells, once we know more we will let you all know.

Thanks

Thanks for the Update!

neosd
01-11-2017, 02:55 PM
What's the current projected eta on the wide release of the firmware update? Thanks.

Hello,

We did some changes today and sent those to Sceptre_JLRB, he was the only one that found a minor bug since two weeks ago.
We are waiting for his feedback, this update is almost ready. If you cant wait, just send us an email and we will send you it :)

Thanks

Thanks for the Update!

Thanks to all of you for the patience.

Everyone that worked on manufacturing something and had to deal with factories know how this works.
The good thing is that we have the pcb side pretty much shorted, we are just waiting for the shells factory to finish the work and start producing.

fille1976
01-11-2017, 03:04 PM
did test today the neo magic converter again with new firmware,same result.

neosd
01-11-2017, 03:11 PM

Converters :

Well, they are not officially supported, but we want to be sure that the next firmware update doesn't break the compatibility with the ones that are already working. So with the new firmware, some other converters may work or may not, but the ones that were working with the stock one, should be kept working.

It seems like some of the converters don't properly pass all the cartridge lines that NeoSD requires from the AES connecto to the MVS one, (they might not be passed at all, or are wired in a wrong order), and that might be the cause that NeoSD only works with some converters, and that's something that can't be fixed with a firmware update.

benjiedude
01-11-2017, 03:21 PM
Any idea about when we can upgrade our shipping option to UPS for faster delivery?

mr_flaps
01-11-2017, 03:25 PM
Fingers crossed there's no more delays to the AES carts. Will I be getting a tracking number once it's sent ?

neosd
01-11-2017, 03:32 PM
Hello

Fingers crossed there's no more delays to the AES carts. Will I be getting a tracking number once it's sent ?

Every shipment gets a tracking number.

Any idea about when we can upgrade our shipping option to UPS for faster delivery?

We are waiting for the shells to enable it, we wont offer that until we have a shipping date.

Patience :(

Thanks

Montatez
01-11-2017, 03:50 PM
Good on you guys NeoSD. Your customer service is second to none, and that alone makes me want to buy one.

Well done guys. Now to convince the wife... (HA!:crying:)

Rot
01-11-2017, 03:59 PM
Now to convince the wife... (HA!:crying:)

Anal...?

xROTx

neosd
01-11-2017, 04:01 PM
Anal...?

xROTx

ogical ?

Rot
01-11-2017, 04:06 PM
ogical ?

In another 15 years.... I can give you this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/rotphungte/Year%20Tags/15yrRainbowtag_zpsqlxv96cz.gif

YUP... it's slightly gay...

xROTx

Montatez
01-11-2017, 04:07 PM
Anal...?

xROTx

Almost there....

ogical ?

Both are at the same odds at this point...

neosd
01-11-2017, 04:10 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/rotphungte/Year%20Tags/15yrRainbowtag_zpsqlxv96cz.gif

xROTx

I hope to get the shells before, and live enough to tell it ;)

wingzrow
01-11-2017, 07:58 PM
So payment is still credit card only right?

Fygee
01-11-2017, 10:19 PM

xROTx

Slightly? ;)

fille1976
01-11-2017, 11:41 PM
neosd,i known that it wasnt desined to work with converters,i could only try it.
but gona order in a few months 1 for my aes also.
and sell that converter with 161 in 1.

Razoola
01-12-2017, 07:19 AM
There is something very strange going on with the flashing times on the NeoSD. I am now trying the same sony sdcard you mentioned is fast (sony 16gig UHS1) with kof2003 and new firmware.

So to give some backstory first. The first firmware and scandisk sdcard gave me a flashtime of 4:19 with kof2003. The new firmware gave me a flash time of 3:37 for kof 2003. Now using the same flash card you mentioned would give a time around 2:50, I am only seeing a flash time of 3:27.

So the question is, where is 37 seconds being lost when using the same sdcard on different neosds... Any ideas?

GadgetUK
01-12-2017, 07:22 AM
There is something very strange going on with the flashing times on the NeoSD. I am now trying the same sony sdcard you mentioned is fast (sony 16gig UHS1) with kof2003 and new firmware.

So to give some backstory first. The first firmware and scandisk sdcard gave me a flashtime of 4:19 with kof2003. The new firmware gave me a flash time of 3:37 for kof 2003. Now using the same flash card you mentioned would give a time around 2:50, I am only seeing a flash time of 3:27.

So the question is, where is 37 seconds being lost when using the same sdcard on different neosds... Any ideas?

My guess is some of these cards are fake - its really actually hard to tell a fake vs an original. On one occasion I've found a fake to be faster than the original (ironically)!

EDIT: The other thing I've found is if you format an SD card and use the wrong allocation size that can drasticaly affect performance - some SD cards become almost unusable at the wrong allocation size (must be some buffering related thing which is finely tuned to work with a specific size).

GadgetUK
01-12-2017, 07:25 AM

Are you saying that the magic converters don't work? I wouldn't be surprised, but I wanted to check before I consider buying a magic converter from AliExpress.

Razoola
01-12-2017, 08:22 AM
@gadget, I dont think its a fake card, I bought it from europe and not china. I formatted the card to 32k blocks, that is what neodev suggested to me in the past. As a referance I see it takes 50 seconds to move from the first erase cycle to say flashing.

neosd
01-12-2017, 08:37 AM
@gadget, I dont think its a fake card, I bought it from europe and not china. I formatted the card to 32k blocks, that is what neodev suggested to me in the past. As a referance I see it takes 50 seconds to move from the first erase cycle to say flashing.

Hello,

You can try one of those pc tools to check read speed, this way you will know if the card is fake or not.

Thanks

massimiliano
01-12-2017, 09:43 AM
Maybe a stupid question but, is the erasing cycle impacted by the previous game size?

GadgetUK
01-12-2017, 09:53 AM
Aren't some of them supposed to be set to 64K / 128K blocks to get optimum speed? I've got a card that if its not set to the correct block size it runs half as fast as it should.

EDIT: I've bought 2 fake cards in europe so far! Yes they will have originated from China but people in europe are selling them.

I had a recent Samsung fake that looks absolutely identical to the original. 64Gb, runs very fast, but once you get over 30Gb ish, it dies and needs reformatting. What they are doing is messing with the parition info to make the drive think its twice as big as it actually is (most people wouldn't realise its a fake until they filled it up beyond 50%). But that card also runs like a dead dog if the block size is set below its default 128K.

neodev
01-12-2017, 10:31 AM

50s is the normal time it would take to erase the flashes for one of the bigger games (kof2k3 for example). Can you try with different sector sizes? that should make a difference. It seems your flash is working as fast as the specs say, so it might be caused by something in the SD side.

Gummy Bear
01-12-2017, 11:38 AM
Aren't some of them supposed to be set to 64K / 128K blocks to get optimum speed? I've got a card that if its not set to the correct block size it runs half as fast as it should.

EDIT: I've bought 2 fake cards in europe so far! Yes they will have originated from China but people in europe are selling them.

I had a recent Samsung fake that looks absolutely identical to the original. 64Gb, runs very fast, but once you get over 30Gb ish, it dies and needs reformatting. What they are doing is messing with the parition info to make the drive think its twice as big as it actually is (most people wouldn't realise its a fake until they filled it up beyond 50%). But that card also runs like a dead dog if the block size is set below its default 128K.

I'd recommend to anyone that buys flash media to download h2testw and run it on said flash before use.
It's awesome for sniffing out spoofed sizes and also give accurate read/write speeds while it's doing it.
I've been using it for years.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/H2testw.shtml

Razoola
01-12-2017, 11:51 AM
Doing a speed test with the card on pc is not really possible because I think the card reader is like 10 years old and I cant rule out that will slow down through put.

greatfunky
01-12-2017, 12:04 PM
Something interesting : https://www.raymond.cc/blog/test-and-detect-fake-or-counterfeit-usb-flash-drives-bought-from-ebay-with-h2testw/

fille1976
01-12-2017, 12:42 PM
@gadget,yep,it doesnt work.
the menu is totaly unrecognizable.
better buy neosd aes or converter that works with neosd.
its a total waste of money that crap.

aku
01-12-2017, 01:53 PM

I had a recent Samsung fake that looks absolutely identical to the original...

i can confirm that ebay and even amazon are full of fake sandisk and samsung stuff - especially those sd cards...i would only buy a sd card directly from amazon and NEVER from a seller that sells over amazon..

Razoola
01-12-2017, 02:01 PM
ok, I put the sony SDcard into my phone and did a test, I got a 57MB/s read speed. That is a test using https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=us.hipxel.performance.disk.speed.test&hl=en.

geise
01-12-2017, 02:02 PM
Actual Newegg and not it's marketplace is your friend if you want a good MicroSD for next to nothing. Surprisingly Best Buy has deals quite frequently on sd cards if you're in the states.

@Gadget. Why not wait and get the AES version of the NeoSD?

I also want to say thanks for all the work you guys are doing on this!

mastamuzz
01-14-2017, 05:13 AM
When can I download the rom tools so I can get the SD card ready?

And making payments through PayPal could make the purchase easier, my card got frozen by the fraud department when I tried to pay the first time, I had to go to my bank and talk to the fraud line from there, the explanation they gave me is that the website is flagged as a scam site on the system so it blocks the transaction instantly.

Also is there any delay for the AES version?

fille1976
01-14-2017, 05:40 AM
go to chat and ask there,dont ask it here in this thread please.
srry,my fault @fenikso.

fenikso
01-14-2017, 12:28 PM
go to chat and ask there,dont ask it here in this thread please.

He's asking for the conversion tool, not roms. The conversion tool can be gotten off of the NeoSD website after you have ordered. You have to make an account.

neosd
01-14-2017, 12:44 PM
He's asking for the conversion tool, not roms. The conversion tool can be gotten off of the NeoSD website after you have ordered. You have to make an account.

Hello,

Axctualy both webshop and downloads app have separated databases, we update downloads database when we ship the items.

Thanks

Niko
01-15-2017, 05:51 PM
@NeoSD

I debated on whether or not to send this in a PM or post this here were others could discuss it as well.

As you are aware, there is a glitch when playing Samurai Shodown V Special that happens in MAME and also the NeoSD multi. Quite a few pages back I mentioned this issue and Razoola confirmed it was most likely due to a bad dump of the V Roms.

Last week I sent my Samurai Shodown V special cart off to JMKurtz to have it redumped. But what we found was that the newly dumped roms where exactly the same as what is already in MAME. So it would seem the issue is either with how the roms are decrypted or maybe the emulation of the PCM2 ( my initial thought a few pages back ).

I know you guys are very busy, but was hoping you might be able to investigate the issue further as it would benefit your multi along with community.

You can find more about the problem here: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?269615-Status-SamSho-V-Special-Redump

nio
01-16-2017, 01:02 AM
When will AES be shipped? I dont want it to arrive when i am skiing. :-)

mastamuzz
01-16-2017, 11:09 AM
When will AES be shipped? I dont want it to arrive when i am skiing. :-)

Read the news section on their site.

But an educated guess would be early February considering there are no delays from any of the 3 different suppliers, also take in consideration this is assembled and tested before packing and sending, that takes time also, don't get anxious just give it time if it gets there then good if it doesn't just wait getting paranoid won't make it faster or easier.

Hey there are still guys waiting for their "messiah" to develop one! Like fanatics buy the cart and drink the kool-aid included, they will have to wait longer for that wonderful moment.

Rot
01-16-2017, 11:19 AM
Hey there are still guys waiting for their "messiah" to develop one!

I don't intend to make one if that's what you're asking...

xROTx

loganm187
01-16-2017, 03:32 PM
Are there still issues when ordering in the U.S.? I don't want to make an order & then find out my bank froze my credit card. There's no way to use paypal to checkout right?

Any experience with those tototek PS2/PS1 controller adapters?

I can confirm that those ps1/2 adapters work perfectly on the AES. I use various sticks on my AES with zero lag. I love those adapters :)

vysethebold
01-16-2017, 06:59 PM
I can confirm that those ps1/2 adapters work perfectly on the AES. I use various sticks on my AES with zero lag. I love those adapters :)

I'm looking forward to the PS3/PS4 to Neo Geo ones that Brook is making!

wingzrow
01-16-2017, 07:40 PM
I heard this is going to be sold through stone age gamer. Any truth to that? I don't want the cartridge to be shipped internationally where it could get lost, but I also don't want to pay the Stone age TAX just for some fancy packaging. Decisions decisions.

xsq
01-17-2017, 04:34 AM
Any truth to that?
Read the thread. (http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?268514-MVS-amp-AES-NEOSD-flash-card-AES-Version-ANNOUNCED-amp-AVAILABLE!!&p=4151644&viewfull=1#post4151644)

lachlan
01-17-2017, 04:47 AM
Placed my order and I cannot wait!

Rot
01-17-2017, 04:52 AM
Placed my order and I cannot wait!

Lachpants... Plz...

You don't even play games...

xROTx

90s
01-17-2017, 05:24 AM
PGM multi would be pretty sick too.

Something more comparable to the neosd would be the dream for me, but I will take a PGM multi. In any case, I look forward to seeing what else the neosd team comes up with. As it is, I wish I woulda held onto my AES as I would prefer to have a neosd for AES instead of MVS, but I will still have to get the MVS version at some point.

neosd
01-17-2017, 05:54 AM
Something more comparable to the neosd would be the dream for me, but I will take a PGM multi. In any case, I look forward to seeing what else the neosd team comes up with. As it is, I wish I woulda held onto my AES as I would prefer to have a neosd for AES instead of MVS, but I will still have to get the MVS version at some point.

Next project (lets call it "SD Project 2" ) is already decided cause its something we want for ourselves (same story as NEOSD, we wanted one for ourselves).

For the following projects we have a pile of things on the "we want" list, but there is not such priority as for "SD Project 2", we would just love to have anything on the list built.

So we may open a pool betwen the users that bought NEOSD and let them decide what to build next (after SD Project 2), we would take ANY sugestions on this pool, this is just an idea BTW ...

Thanks

lachlan
01-17-2017, 06:08 AM
Lachpants... Plz...

You don't even play games...

xROTx

heh I know, it's an excuse to get rid of carts ;)

Gyrian
01-17-2017, 10:23 AM
@NeoSD, any word on having that second shipping option other than correos up in the store?

Fygee
01-17-2017, 10:59 AM
Next project (lets call it "SD Project 2" ) is already decided cause its something we want for ourselves (same story as NEOSD, we wanted one for ourselves).

For the following projects we have a pile of things on the "we want" list, but there is not such priority as for "SD Project 2", we would just love to have anything on the list built.

So we may open a pool betwen the users that bought NEOSD and let them decide what to build next (after SD Project 2), we would take ANY sugestions on this pool, this is just an idea BTW ...

Thanks

Is SD Project 2 also intended to be for the Neo Geo, or is it for different hardware?

neosd
01-17-2017, 11:00 AM
@NeoSD, any word on having that second shipping option other than correos up in the store?

Hello,

Not until we have a firm shipping date, we think its totally unfair to sell a premium shipping option when we cant even give a shipping day as today (shipping is more a matter of days than weeks, BTW ...).

Expect news next week about shipping and this subject.

We are more interested on shipping as soon as possible than customers to get the items shipped. Believe me, priority now is to get everything shipped up to day, we are just waiting for the factories, as you all are waiting for us.

Thanks

neosd
01-17-2017, 11:04 AM
Is SD Project 2 also intended to be for the Neo Geo, or is it for different hardware?

Different hardware. Not Neo Geo, not Neo Geo CD, not SNK related.

But please, don´t ask us more about that, we wont anounce anything cause those things may end not being possible at some stage.

Thanks

Rot
01-17-2017, 11:13 AM

But please, don´t ask us more about that, we wont anounce anything cause those things may end not being possible at some stage.

Thanks

Lads... it's a toaster with Knight Rider LEDS....

http://wallpapercave.com/wp/EXZQNq7.gif

xROTx

Gyrian
01-17-2017, 11:20 AM
Hello,

Not until we have a firm shipping date, we think its totally unfair to sell a premium shipping option when we cant even give a shipping day as today (shipping is more a matter of days than weeks, BTW ...).

Expect news next week about shipping and this subject.

We are more interested on shipping as soon as possible than customers to get the items shipped. Believe me, priority now is to get everything shipped up to day, we are just waiting for the factories, as you all are waiting for us.

Thanks

Fair enough.
I ask because this is the reason I haven't placed an order thus far. I figure that trying to 'upgrade' shipping after the fact is just going to make things more complicated.

massimiliano
01-17-2017, 11:20 AM
Lads... it's a toaster with Knight Rider LEDS....

http://wallpapercave.com/wp/EXZQNq7.gif

xROTx

'80s Cylon FTW

Rot
01-17-2017, 11:21 AM
'80s Cylon FTW

Dammit Massi... The Hoff >>>> Metal Dicks...

xROTx

Fygee
01-17-2017, 11:25 AM

Thanks

Sure thing. That was the main thing I was curious about as I was hoping there wasn't new hardware that was going to supercede the NeoSD.

neosd
01-17-2017, 11:47 AM
Fair enough.
I ask because this is the reason I haven't placed an order thus far. I figure that trying to 'upgrade' shipping after the fact is just going to make things more complicated.

We always try to give something back to the ones that support us, there are guys waiting for NEOSD since 21th November. To have those guys that supported us happy with the purchase is priority right now.

Once we have shipped all those orders, we will start shipping the shells we promissed to the first batch MVS customers. Then we will have time for distributors and others.

Sure thing. That was the main thing I was curious about as I was hoping there wasn't new hardware that was going to supercede the NeoSD.

Hello,

No plans for any NEOGEO hardware related project.

We have already done our best with Neo Geo. NEOSD is the product we wanted for ourselves, we just have plans for NEOSD firmware updates after we deliver the new firmware, there are things we want to add, and other things that may show.

We try to build things we want for ourselves and that can pay the development/production of the product. Next one fits the first criterion and we hope it will fit the seccond one aswel, so we can move to a 3rd project someday.

Thanks

aku
01-17-2017, 12:44 PM
hmmm. its not neo geo cd, aes, mvs, snk related. but maybe its neo-geo.com related? is it a new real doll??? simple yes / no is enough....

loganm187
01-17-2017, 03:02 PM
It's a "Flash Doll" You just load the personality onto a sd card and there you go. I'll train mine to play neo geo with me.

Montatez
01-17-2017, 03:23 PM
It's a "Flash Doll" You just load the personality onto a sd card and there you go. I'll train mine to play neo geo with me.

Sure you will...:thevt:

loganm187
01-17-2017, 03:40 PM
Sure you will...:thevt:

Of course only after hot steamy doll bangin...duh.

neosd
01-17-2017, 04:13 PM

Now that wife is watching tv ...

Do i am the only one thinking about Scarlett Johansson ?

massimiliano
01-17-2017, 06:30 PM
Hi, just wanted to share my feedback, things are smooth and solid, couldn;t ask for a better experience.
Got latest firmware update and will start testing on slot-4 as well, but so far MV-1C and neosd are quite a deadly combo!

Here some sexy pic:

http://www.netpacket.it/neo/neosd.jpg

tcdev
01-17-2017, 10:06 PM
[deleted hasty question because I can see the answer in the photo itself] :(

massimiliano
01-17-2017, 11:07 PM
[deleted hasty question because I can see the answer in the photo itself] :(

now I'm curious :(

tcdev
01-17-2017, 11:16 PM
now I'm curious :(
OK, apologies for the noise but I originally asked what type of supergun, and whether it was custom or commercial. Then I noticed it was written on the PCB, did a quick Google search, and there it was... :(

grandmascrack
01-18-2017, 09:44 AM
Got latest firmware update...
So is the latest firmware now available, or did you email neosd to get it? I haven't registered my cart yet so I haven't been checking to see if it's available (minus watching this thread, of course).

neosd
01-18-2017, 09:46 AM
So is the latest firmware now available, or did you email neosd to get it? I haven't registered my cart yet so I haven't been checking to see if it's available (minus watching this thread, of course).

We are working on that right now.

Firmware will be avaliable in some hours for everyone.

EDIT : Released

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/index.php/2017/01/18/neosd-firmware-update-1-05-neobuilder-1-03-released/

Thanks

Montatez
01-18-2017, 11:25 AM
Now that wife is watching tv ...

Do i am the only one thinking about Scarlett Johansson ?

Definitely not the only one.....

aku
01-18-2017, 12:30 PM

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/index.php/2017/01/18/neosd-firmware-update-1-05-neobuilder-1-03-released/

Thanks

works & update process was very very very easy.

thanks!

nornor1
01-18-2017, 12:45 PM
We are working on that right now.

Firmware will be avaliable in some hours for everyone.

Thanks

Nice! I will also Test this tonight, and then call in sick from work tomorrow. :) Thanks NeoSD!

fille1976
01-18-2017, 01:20 PM
thx for the update neosd,all went fine.

Sceptre_JLRB
01-18-2017, 02:31 PM
Perfect! Everything is working great!
Thank you very much!

jsiucho
01-19-2017, 10:14 AM
We need a group buy for the this..

grandmascrack
01-19-2017, 10:24 AM
Firmware update on mine went swimmingly. Pretty damn simple to do and the faster load times are super welcomed. Thanks a bunch!

I've found that I surprisingly like Ironclad a lot, even though some of the sound effects are a bit hard on the ears at times.

dkarDaGobert
01-19-2017, 12:05 PM
have had no problems with the update aswell. everything working fine right now.
only bad thing about it: seems like the 4slot bugfix firmware was already the faster one which means no +30% faster loading times for me - ;*(

neosd
01-19-2017, 12:19 PM
have had no problems with the update aswell. everything working fine right now.
only bad thing about it: seems like the 4slot bugfix firmware was already the faster one which means no +30% faster loading times for me - ;*(

Hello,

Yes, this new firmware update has all the fixes and improvments, thats why we waited so much time before release it. 4 slot beta fix firmware already had fast loading.

Thanks

Razoola
01-20-2017, 02:28 AM
I made this post in the wrong thread, I wanted it here, so here it is again.

I think by the middle of next week the NeoBuilder is going to need another update. Finally after years of trying it looks like MAME has finally addeded back a roboarmy set and also the alt Korean version of samsho2. It took a long time but I was finally able to forward information showing they needed to be included.

On top of this I arranged the Korean Kof99 that uses a SMA to be forwarded to Brian who has now done the business to it. Brian has probably already submitted it to MAME so all going well it will be in the next MAME also. I'm not totally sure but I guess this may also require a firmware update to get working on the NeoSD given the custom nature of this cart.

My list of known undumped games is slowly shrinking so here it is again. Please check your original carts. I would espicially like to find the Metal Slug 3 at the top of the list.

Games not in MAME that *FAIL* UNIVERSE BIOS CRC check
-----------------------------------------------------

Metal Slug 3 (encrypted) ROM REGION - 9763419E (fail) SMA may be different
Pulster ROM REGION - 40BD5336 (fail)
SNK vs Capcom ROM REGION - 94073c7c (fail) this is a bootleg
World Heroes ROM REGION - CE096709 (fail)
Puzzle Bobble ROM REGION - 3B213B8C6 (fail) crc typo here

Reported Games that have failures (probably cart faults but you never know)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

King of Fighters '98 ROM REGION - BA09784A (pass)
ROM BANK 0 - 1EFA8D4D (pass)
ROM BANK 1 - F1AC3C58 (fail)
ROM BANK 2 - 2E72246C (pass)
ROM BANK 3 - 3B014944 (pass)

King of Fighters '2001 ROM REGION - 938175OD (pass)
ROM BANK 0 - 59152D64 (pass)
ROM BANK 1 - 73DD4705 (fail)
ROM BANK 2 - F92DD3B7 (fail)
ROM BANK 3 - AA1BABAD (pass)

King of Fighters '2002 ROM REGION - 9EDE7323 (pass)
ROM BANK 0 - 9E586A5C (pass)
ROM BANK 1 - DD53D452 (pass)
ROM BANK 2 - ADC6555F (pass)
ROM BANK 3 - 6EAF9308 (fail)

Slangeug
01-20-2017, 03:01 AM
Since Dec 12 I have been checking my e-mail and this thread. I really hope these start shipping soon. I am desperate to try this out. Fingers crossed for any day now...

neodev
01-20-2017, 05:01 AM
I made this post in the wrong thread, I wanted it here, so here it is again.

I think by the middle of next week the NeoBuilder is going to need another update. Finally after years of trying it looks like MAME has finally addeded back a roboarmy set and also the alt Korean version of samsho2. It took a long time but I was finally able to forward information showing they needed to be included.

On top of this I arranged the Korean Kof99 that uses a SMA to be forwarded to Brian who has now done the business to it. Brian has probably already submitted it to MAME so all going well it will be in the next MAME also. I'm not totally sure but I guess this may also require a firmware update to get working on the NeoSD given the custom nature of this cart.

My list of known undumped games is slowly shrinking so here it is again. Please check your original carts. I would espicially like to find the Metal Slug 3 at the top of the list.

Games not in MAME that *FAIL* UNIVERSE BIOS CRC check
-----------------------------------------------------

Metal Slug 3 (encrypted) ROM REGION - 9763419E (fail) SMA may be different
Pulster ROM REGION - 40BD5336 (fail)
SNK vs Capcom ROM REGION - 94073c7c (fail) this is a bootleg
World Heroes ROM REGION - CE096709 (fail)
Puzzle Bobble ROM REGION - 3B213B8C6 (fail) crc typo here

Reported Games that have failures (probably cart faults but you never know)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

King of Fighters '98 ROM REGION - BA09784A (pass)
ROM BANK 0 - 1EFA8D4D (pass)
ROM BANK 1 - F1AC3C58 (fail)
ROM BANK 2 - 2E72246C (pass)
ROM BANK 3 - 3B014944 (pass)

King of Fighters '2001 ROM REGION - 938175OD (pass)
ROM BANK 0 - 59152D64 (pass)
ROM BANK 1 - 73DD4705 (fail)
ROM BANK 2 - F92DD3B7 (fail)
ROM BANK 3 - AA1BABAD (pass)

King of Fighters '2002 ROM REGION - 9EDE7323 (pass)
ROM BANK 0 - 9E586A5C (pass)
ROM BANK 1 - DD53D452 (pass)
ROM BANK 2 - ADC6555F (pass)
ROM BANK 3 - 6EAF9308 (fail)

I confirm the new kof99 dump works fine on NeoSD, but it will need a firmware update, as Razoola said, because as the previous korean dump was using standard banking, it will try to use the same banking for this new dump, and will cause an unibios error screen, so it needs to be updated to use the custom banking of this new set.

Bunta714
01-20-2017, 11:27 AM
Update was simple and quick.
The faster flash times are great. Everything working well on an MV-1B, MV-1C, and MV-2F.

TheSegaDude
01-20-2017, 03:03 PM
Developers interested on distribute DRM games, those that will only run on a specific NEOSD cart, will have to contact us, so we can provide the requiered info/tools to distribute those protected games. There is more than encryption layer on this NEOSD function.

Thanks !

This is huge and I never thought it was a possibility. ROMs could be sold/licensed to an individual and run only one registered NEOSD cart. That is awesome. I hope NGDEV Team is watching. This could be another sales channel for them.
And why not think big. Maybe SNK would be willing to sell the Neo library on the NEOSD. All the ROMs are already out in the wild. What does SNK have to lose? But I doubt SNK is looking. For something like this I think NEOSD would have to reach out to them.

wingzrow
01-20-2017, 04:09 PM
What size is the Entire Neo Geo Library? I'm going to order an SD card now. Is everyone ordering from Amazon to avoid Chinese SD cards?

Rot
01-20-2017, 04:17 PM
What size is the Entire Neo Geo Library? I'm going to order an SD card now. Is everyone ordering from Amazon to avoid Chinese SD cards?

10gb...

xROTx

lachlan
01-20-2017, 08:03 PM
In regards to ordering online and risking potential fakes, I would personally go to a store if I was that worried.

mastamuzz
01-22-2017, 03:09 PM
I hope NGDEV Team is watching. This could be another sales channel for them.

I would definitely get them digitally if that becomes a possibility, and day one downloads for future releases would be a plus.

That could give people an easier option for those new releases without the cartridge cost, cutting that expense could make them more affordable and less work for them, also no returns or warranty and updates that can't be done on physical form.

Even getting a demo download with your preorder can bank money fast for them.

I assume the rom encryption can work with the serial to engineer a unique key to decrypt making it useless to anyone else if you want to "share" it.

Count me in if that happens!

xsq
01-23-2017, 05:55 AM
I guess we'll see who NGDEV caters more to - the gamers who just want to play or the collectors/people who want to have something you can't play without paying the high price of a cart...

aha2940
01-23-2017, 08:04 AM
I would definitely get them digitally if that becomes a possibility, and day one downloads for future releases would be a plus.

That could give people an easier option for those new releases without the cartridge cost, cutting that expense could make them more affordable and less work for them, also no returns or warranty and updates that can't be done on physical form.

Even getting a demo download with your preorder can bank money fast for them.

I assume the rom encryption can work with the serial to engineer a unique key to decrypt making it useless to anyone else if you want to "share" it.

Count me in if that happens!

I don't think that will happen. They create their games with the purpose of being exclusive and expensive or something like that. Asking for ROM downloads is like asking Rolls Royce to make a compact car. They can, it would bring more revenue, but it's not what they are about.

Black_Tiger
01-23-2017, 08:52 AM
I don't think that will happen. They create their games with the purpose of being exclusive and expensive or something like that. Asking for ROM downloads is like asking Rolls Royce to make a compact car. They can, it would bring more revenue, but it's not what they are about.

I would think the same thing if they hadn't done Dreamcast releases in the past. I still think it's unlikely, but I wouldn't rule it out altogether.

aha2940
01-23-2017, 10:33 AM
I would think the same thing if they hadn't done Dreamcast releases in the past. I still think it's unlikely, but I wouldn't rule it out altogether.

AFAIK, DC ports were kind of an after-thought, not really the main focus, but they needed time, therefore they axed them.

GadgetUK
01-23-2017, 11:21 AM
I don't think they will go for SD download versions for a number of reasons:-
They will make more profit from the cart version (per sale) than they would from an SD version - unless the SD versions were sold at the amount they make in profit from a cart version. That means maybe £100 or more per game probably - does anyone really want to pay £100+ for a downloadable game? If they reduce the price to say £50, then isn't that kind of like f****** over the previous buyers of cart versions? Then theres the re-print games coming out this year, what do they do about the pre-orders of those, do you get an option to get cash back and have the download version instead, or would they give refunds and then open up download sales? I just don't see it happening unfortunately. Unless they just screw over the people that previously paid lots for the original carts.

What I do see as a possibility is new games coming in downloadable SD versions - that makes perfect sense no matter how you look at it, but the NGDEV team have already said they are moving onto a new platform after Kraut Busters =/

neosd
01-23-2017, 01:25 PM
Hello,

An small update about shipment/production :

I just have arrived from shells/mold factory, they were working on the modifications we asked them.

Today I saw that they have almost finished with the mold works. I saw some of the changes we asked them for already done, and others being worked inside the processing machines.

So as today the planning is :

MVS PCBS: in stock since last week, we will start serializing those tomorrow.
AES PCBS : Factory will give us those next Thursday (in 3 days from today we wil have stock)

Shells :
- Next friday Factory will finish the work on the mold (January 27th)
- Next monday we will have the preseries (january 30th), we will give the OK and the mold will pass to polish stage
- We will get the series following Thursday (February 2th)

The day we will get the shells, we will have all PCBS from AES and MVS ready to ship, so we expect to start shipping about Friday 3th

If the factories dont give us another delay, we will work this weekend (Saturday 4th – Sunday 5th), so we hope to have everything delivered on Monday 6th –Tuesday 7th.

All this counting on nothing shows. I personally think this time we should not have more delays, maybe 1 or 2 days, but not more.
I have been with the owner of the plastics factory and he promised me to accomplish with the delivery dates

Next thursday/friday i will give you guys another update, as soon as we got more info.

Thanks for the patience you all are having, it know its a lot ….

glitch77
01-23-2017, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the update! Ready to see what pops up when running this on my MV-6F with UniBIOS!

neosd
01-23-2017, 02:04 PM
Hello,

Attached there are the stickers we are going to use.
We have small window to make changes cause we want to start printing those ASAP

I just post those to let you know that we are going to use those ;)

Updated Link ONE - AES Version! (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxkftX8Cn1BTekp3aUtoczA1Zm8/view?usp=sharing)
Updated Link TWO - MVS Version! (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxkftX8Cn1BTUG5TSng2YVBIMXM/view?usp=sharing)

Thanks

Rot
01-23-2017, 02:08 PM
My Super sexxy mac says those links lead to malware files...

Just sayin'...

xROTx

neosd
01-23-2017, 02:10 PM
My Super sexxy mac says those links lead to malware files...

Just sayin'...

xROTx

LOL

Yes, if you click on the download button once, you will be forwared to a spam website that tries to download a .dmg file, if you click on the download button for a seccond time you will get the real files ...

Sorry, i am too tired today to think in another uploading place right now :(

Rot
01-23-2017, 02:14 PM
LOL

Yes, if you click on the download button once, you will forwared to a spam website that tries to download a .dmg file, if you click on the download button for a seccond time you will get the real files ...

Man... you make life hard...:D

xROTx

neosd
01-23-2017, 02:18 PM
Man... you make life hard...:D

xROTx

I know, i got 600kms on my back today and brain regrets to think ;) you can notice that on my poor engish

benjiedude
01-23-2017, 02:18 PM
LOL

Yes, if you click on the download button once, you will be forwared to a spam website that tries to download a .dmg file, if you click on the download button for a seccond time you will get the real files ...

Sorry, i am too tired today to think in another uploading place right now :(

Thanks for the update! Please keep us informed about the shipping options as well.

Can't get to the sticker because I'm at work and my phone flips out because of the malware warning. Would be nice to just have them posted here please.

Rot
01-23-2017, 02:25 PM
I know, i got 600kms on my back today and brain regrets to think ;) you can notice that on my poor engish

Fixed links...

Attached to a google drive...

xROTx

neosd
01-23-2017, 02:29 PM
Fixed links...

Attached to a google drive...

xROTx

Thanks Rot,

xsq
01-23-2017, 02:44 PM
looking good - both the update on the manufacture process as well as the labels!
Only one thing about the label: the small part of the tank that goes over the stripes in the bottom left looks a little strange to me... it's too tiny and should better go behind the stripe in my opinion.

[thanks to Rot for rehosting too]

Razoola
01-23-2017, 02:52 PM
You right, I wonder what happened there, it was not like that in the last version. Its like its been shifted left for some reason. It looked better before with equal gap between wheel and gold bar and other wheel and edge (like in this pic http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?268514-MVS-amp-AES-NEOSD-flash-card-AES-Version-ANNOUNCED-amp-AVAILABLE!!&p=4156381&viewfull=1#post4156381).

I can see why now, the bars were moved inwards but the tank and large logo not moved right to account for it.

Flagshiphero
01-23-2017, 03:47 PM
Nice artwork, would be cool if there was a JPN version of the sticker as well.

GadgetUK
01-23-2017, 04:06 PM
Hello,

Attached there are the stickers we are going to use.
We have small window to make changes cause we want to start printing those ASAP

I just post those to let you know that we are going to use those ;)

Updated Link ONE - AES Version! (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxkftX8Cn1BTekp3aUtoczA1Zm8/view?usp=sharing)
Updated Link TWO - MVS Version! (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxkftX8Cn1BTUG5TSng2YVBIMXM/view?usp=sharing)

Thanks

Brilliant! And excellent news update in general!

Sceptre_JLRB
01-23-2017, 08:23 PM
Excellent! Keep up the good work! :-)

mastamuzz
01-24-2017, 12:33 AM
I know this may feel like overkill but any plans for inserts for snap lock or soft boxes? Any objections if the community makes them and share them? (Yes I know almost everyone would say that the cart will be permanently attached to the console but I like my carts still and this one needs a box too)

I like the sticker and the simple design.

I read a question that went unanswered before if the golden stripes were going to be gold foil or just printed any comments or surprise coming?

MattBlah
01-24-2017, 07:12 AM
Hello,

An small update about shipment/production :

I just have arrived from shells/mold factory, they were working on the modifications we asked them.

Today I saw that they have almost finished with the mold works. I saw some of the changes we asked them for already done, and others being worked inside the processing machines.

So as today the planning is :

MVS PCBS: in stock since last week, we will start serializing those tomorrow.
AES PCBS : Factory will give us those next Thursday (in 3 days from today we wil have stock)

Shells :
- Next friday Factory will finish the work on the mold (January 27th)
- Next monday we will have the preseries (january 30th), we will give the OK and the mold will pass to polish stage
- We will get the series following Thursday (February 2th)

The day we will get the shells, we will have all PCBS from AES and MVS ready to ship, so we expect to start shipping about Friday 3th

If the factories dont give us another delay, we will work this weekend (Saturday 4th – Sunday 5th), so we hope to have everything delivered on Monday 6th –Tuesday 7th.

All this counting on nothing shows. I personally think this time we should not have more delays, maybe 1 or 2 days, but not more.
I have been with the owner of the plastics factory and he promised me to accomplish with the delivery dates

Next thursday/friday i will give you guys another update, as soon as we got more info.

Thanks for the patience you all are having, it know its a lot ….

All sounding good, neosd. Just a quick question. Will the MVS shells for the preorders be a priority, or will they be sent on a later date? I just don't like using mine much at the moment without a shell, and don't have a spare MVS shell to convert.

aku
01-24-2017, 10:10 AM
@mastamuzz: you can take the one from southtown hb and change the format
@mattblah: better take the cheapest mvs game (or most fcked up shell)...u can still reuse it when you got the neosd shell

neosd
01-24-2017, 02:23 PM
All sounding good, neosd. Just a quick question. Will the MVS shells for the preorders be a priority, or will they be sent on a later date? I just don't like using mine much at the moment without a shell, and don't have a spare MVS shell to convert.

Hello,

We are going to get shells for already shipped orders and for new orders at the same time.

BUT, we will ship new orders before we ship shells for the already shipped orders.

I hope you understand that, but you guys have been able to play it for some time now and some guys have been waiting for months for his shipment.

Anyways, 2 or 3 days after we have shipped all orders we will start shipping the promissed shells.

Priority now is to get new orders out ASAP, even the postman calls asking when are we going to ship, so you can imagine how many emails per day we are getting asking us when are we going to ship.

We are just doing our best, we have spent the entire day today testing the MVS batch, all good so far :)

Thanks

TotalMoop
01-24-2017, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the Update NeoSD. Liking the sticker design though I do agree with Razoola regarding the back of the tank slipping into the gold stripes. maybe one last revision to fix that prior to printing?
Can you please let us know if or when the priority mailing option will be available to pay for? (UPS was it?)

I'd be keen to have the 3 day UPS shipping option available.

Thanks again

GadgetUK
01-24-2017, 06:33 PM
Hello,

We are going to get shells for already shipped orders and for new orders at the same time.

BUT, we will ship new orders before we ship shells for the already shipped orders.

I hope you understand that, but you guys have been able to play it for some time now and some guys have been waiting for months for his shipment.

Anyways, 2 or 3 days after we have shipped all orders we will start shipping the promissed shells.

Priority now is to get new orders out ASAP, even the postman calls asking when are we going to ship, so you can imagine how many emails per day we are getting asking us when are we going to ship.

We are just doing our best, we have spent the entire day today testing the MVS batch, all good so far :)

Thanks

No worries and thanks for the update =D Keen to get a shell, but no problems waiting until you guys get the time!

greatfunky
01-25-2017, 05:54 AM
Hello,

Thanks

You'll probably make an exception for me , since i should receive the mvs extra shell and had ordered the AES neosd .
In this case , one package shipment is better for everyone :)

Neodogg
01-25-2017, 09:21 PM
You'll probably make an exception for me , since i should receive the mvs extra shell and had ordered the AES neosd .

Don't be that guy

lachlan
01-26-2017, 12:32 AM

You'll get what you get mr 'special'.

neosd
01-26-2017, 04:15 AM
Hello,

Small update as today (we got news :) )

Mounting factory just called 5 minutes ago, AES pcbs are built :)

So, as today this is the status :

MVS PCBS : We started validating those 2 days ago. Validation has two stages, on the first one we program and serialize every board, on the seccond stage we flash kof2003 on each board to be sure everything works fine and there are no glitches.
Stage 1 was finished yesterday, stage 2 (kof2003 test) is being worked now, we are about 30% right now

AES PCBS : mounted, we will pick those tomorrow OR monday, but factory called and work is finished, they just called to ask if they would ship those to us or we would go there to pick them, prolly we will go there tomorrow instead of get the boards shipped.

Shells : We called factory now, they are finishing the mold work, they say they will finish it today and tomorrow we will have injection tests.

So whats remaining is :
Print the stickers (we will go to a company to make the order today)
Serialize and test AES pcbs
Prepare shipping labels
Ship

Count that we will need 3 days to serialize and test AES pcbs atleast, but as shells should be ready next week we will work on that task while we are waiting for the shells.

More info as soon as we got news

Thanks

lachlan
01-26-2017, 06:10 AM
You keep us all well informed, cheers!

greatfunky
01-26-2017, 06:12 AM
Hello,

Small update as today (we got news :) )

Mounting factory just called 5 minutes ago, AES pcbs are built :)

So, as today this is the status :

MVS PCBS : We started validating those 2 days ago. Validation has two stages, on the first one we program and serialize every board, on the seccond stage we flash kof2003 on each board to be sure everything works fine and there are no glitches.
Stage 1 was finished yesterday, stage 2 (kof2003 test) is being worked now, we are about 30% right now

AES PCBS : mounted, we will pick those tomorrow OR monday, but factory called and work is finished, they just called to ask if they would ship those to us or we would go there to pick them, prolly we will go there tomorrow instead of get the boards shipped.

Shells : We called factory now, they are finishing the mold work, they say they will finish it today and tomorrow we will have injection tests.

So whats remaining is :
Print the stickers (we will go to a company to make the order today)
Serialize and test AES pcbs
Prepare shipping labels
Ship

Count that we will need 3 days to serialize and test AES pcbs atleast, but as shells should be ready next week we will work on that task while we are waiting for the shells.

More info as soon as we got news

Thanks
Good news so far ! Everything seems going well ....:D

You'll get what you get mr 'special'.

Nothing "special" in my request : just a matter of common sense ..., but probably , i should have sent a PM to neosd for that , since that doesn't concern anyone else.

GadgetUK
01-26-2017, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the great update =D

sr20det510
01-26-2017, 10:07 AM
NeoSD,

Thanks for your hard work and dedication.
You seem to love what you do, and that is refreshing, especially in this day and age of people doing shit half ass!

Wish you lots of success!

One question, did you ever set it up with the so bank so that a NeoSD could be purchased with a Discover card?

neosd
01-26-2017, 01:41 PM
NeoSD,

Thanks for your hard work and dedication.
You seem to love what you do, and that is refreshing, especially in this day and age of people doing shit half ass!

Wish you lots of success!

One question, did you ever set it up with the so bank so that a NeoSD could be purchased with a Discover card?

Hello,

We asked our bank and told us that we had to talk with Discover and AME directly, they gave us the contact of AME but never gave us the contact for Discover.

We called AME and it was like 4% fee on every transaction (you have to sum that to the % our bank already takes for each transaction), AME would use the same system we alraedy have (Redsys Credit Card Gateway), we just had to pay them this extra % for enable theyr cards there.

So we just put that decision on hold. Honestly we have been pretty busy for the last weeks/months to even consider it again, but we should, once we have shipped all pending orders.

Thanks

Evil Wasabi
01-26-2017, 02:08 PM
Hello I tried to place an order and found the familiar denial. Then my bank sent me a message asking if it was legit and I said yes. Not sure if it went through. Not sure if I should try again.

neosd
01-26-2017, 02:55 PM
Hello I tried to place an order and found the familiar denial. Then my bank sent me a message asking if it was legit and I said yes. Not sure if it went through. Not sure if I should try again.

Hello,

If the first time got denied, you have to retry.

I can also confirm you that we dont have any order from russia today.

Thanks

Evil Wasabi
01-26-2017, 02:57 PM
Hello,

If the first time got denied, you have to retry.

Thanks

Ok I am in the US and so is the bank I use.

neosd
01-26-2017, 02:58 PM
Ok I am in the US and so is the bank I use.

Hello again,

If you give me your ip, i can check on the payment system if any payment was processed from it (send me a PM or even better, i am on Chat right now, find me there)

Thanks

Evil Wasabi
01-26-2017, 05:23 PM
For anyone who has a problem with payment, call your bank and have them sit with you while you make the payment. They will help override the security.

theMot
01-26-2017, 07:22 PM

:lolz:

massimiliano
01-26-2017, 08:37 PM
I think he was referring to Wasabi's location...if he actually is in the US that means...he is lying!?

GohanX
01-27-2017, 08:07 PM
In other shocking news, I'm not really in Compton.

lachlan
01-27-2017, 08:49 PM
In other shocking news, I'm not really in Compton.

BUT you are Schlonginator the Second though right?

mr_flaps
01-27-2017, 09:52 PM
Hey neosd team. Can you please post your news about the product on your sites news section rather than this forum? No offence but it's tough keeping up with what is happening by monitoring this thread and putting up with reading posts from pathetic anus lords like Rott. Or whatever the fuck his name is. Yeah get a fucking life you prick. Ban me you cunt.

Razoola
01-28-2017, 02:14 AM
One has to wonder why you even bothered registering to this forum.

Rot
01-28-2017, 02:30 AM
Hey neosd team. Can you please post your news about the product on your sites news section rather than this forum? No offence but it's tough keeping up with what is happening by monitoring this thread and putting up with reading posts from pathetic anus lords like Rott. Or whatever the fuck his name is. Yeah get a fucking life you prick. Ban me you cunt.

Here's the thing MrCoontflapps...

Neosd and his team have chosen to be here... The fact is... that this is the natural place to promote, sell and offer tech advice for the current Neosd product....

It is a NG flashcart... It is advertised on other forums but in the main the Neosd Team are using this site to seed and sell their product...

Our forum base is diverse and members of other gaming sites and hence, it allows the Neosd team to be advertsied free of charge on other sites when our memberbase posts links or mentions it...

As for me being a Cunt... that pretty much can be true as well...

However, you will find that very few people could've modded this thread with as little drama as possible... it's a tough place to come and start selling a product when no one knows who you are...

The Neosd team have done well in that respect... and I appreciate the efforts they have made in that regard...

xROTx

PS. As for banning you.. I'm gonna say this... you're not worth my time, which in itself should indicate that I'm too busy to be concerned by a Johnny Come Lately hardass n00b...

My place on the forum is what it is... You either decide to find yours or you may leave...

neosd
01-28-2017, 03:09 AM
Hello,

We have been giving updates at elotrolado.net aswel
https://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_neosd-flashcart-para-neo-geo-mvs-y-aes_2195266_s580

We think those daily updates are more apropiated for forums ratter than for our website, those are more replies to questions than updates, btw ...

Anyways, the waiting is comming to the end pretty soon, end of the next week/beginning of the following we are starting to ship.

Also, we want to thank neo-geo.com and elotrolado.net to allow us to use theyr forums to promote our products without asking us anything back for that.

Thanks to everyone that are supporting us purchasing NEOSD, you are financing our next products this way, geat things are comming.

Thanks

greedostick
01-28-2017, 03:17 AM

DarkSoft? Is that you buddy?

lachlan
01-28-2017, 03:38 AM

:lolz: This'll get you far.

Rot
01-28-2017, 04:00 AM
:lolz: This'll get you far.

Man... at least he can spell my name right... it's only 3 letters...

What sort of retard takes the effort to join... has 9 posts... in Market... tech... and here... then decides to get all sandy Vag on me...

Some days I think some members should be chemically sterilised so they can never inflict us with the next generation of troglodite dumbness...

xROTx

lachlan
01-28-2017, 06:12 AM
Maybe he has typing tourettes syndrome, he started off all clean like and gradually descended to abuse.

mr_flaps
01-28-2017, 01:36 PM
Rot, I would suggest you be castrated too although I doubt you would ever be able to convince anyone to have it off with you. I'm sure even hookers turn down your fat ass. But seriously you are a twat.

Keep up the great work NeoSD team! You guys are the best!

Rot
01-28-2017, 01:41 PM
Rot, I would suggest you be castrated too although I doubt you would ever be able to convince anyone to have it off with you.

Man.. why do ALL n00bs wanna sleep with me?

I'm sure even hookers turn down your fat ass.

Actually... my ass aint fat anymore... forced weight loss is cool thing...

But seriously you are a twat.

Yes yes... i am...

Neosd... one day... you will realise... nothing of value was lost here tonight...

xROTx

CORY
01-28-2017, 01:47 PM
Rot, I would suggest you be castrated too although I doubt you would ever be able to convince anyone to have it off with you. I'm sure even hookers turn down your fat ass. But seriously you are a twat.

Mister-faps-a-lot seems to have quite a hard on for you Rot. What did you do to him? :keke:

Rot
01-28-2017, 01:48 PM
Mister-faps-a-lot seems to have quite a hard on for you Rot. What did you do to him? :keke:

I have this magnetic Azn sechs appeal... I call it... ROT POWER RANGER MODE!

xROTx

glitch77
01-28-2017, 08:26 PM
Yeah fuck that rot guy! Lets get a coup d'état going.

LoneSage
01-28-2017, 11:36 PM
Yeah fuck that rot guy! Lets get a coup d'état going.

I coulda sworn I've seen you post before but it says your last posts were over 12 years ago.

lachlan
01-29-2017, 12:04 AM
I coulda sworn I've seen you post before but it says your last posts were over 12 years ago.

That was a glitch bro.

oliverclaude
01-29-2017, 04:00 AM
Yeah fuck that rot guy!

American Indian, huh? You're a racist, man...

http://www.mindjack.com/film/images/CryingIndian.jpg

nio
01-29-2017, 12:13 PM
hi, i already sent you an email. please ship mine after 10.2. thanks

oh and great work!

SNKNostalgia
01-29-2017, 03:48 PM
Cutting it close on getting my money together for a cart out of this batch for AES. Hope I get one this time. If not, I will definitely be ready for the second batch. So hyped to be able to play games I could never really afford on real hardware for once. How long would you guess this batch will last before being sold out?

BodyHammeR
01-30-2017, 09:52 AM
Shame on me for not being able to keep up with the NG community for a while...

I need to save up some monies for this amazing project.

PS: party in Finland last weekend was all kinds of awesome... kiitos ja anteeksi (:

neosd
01-30-2017, 12:48 PM
Hello,

We have pending emails to answer and also questions here, we are pretty busy today.

AES pcbs arrived today, we serialized and tested 4 (kof2k3 test) and everything is working fine ;)

Some pictures of the final PCBS
Dont count the boards to guess how many we have produced cause i just opened a box and put the boards on line to show we have built more than 2, but we have more stock than the one on the picture ;)

https://s27.postimg.org/alquqbv7n/AES_BATCH_2.jpg
https://s27.postimg.org/dtzxh46v7/AES_BATCH_3.jpg
https://s27.postimg.org/bdy439osj/AES_BATCH_1.jpg

More info late today/tomorrow. I am pretty busy right now.

Thanks

GadgetUK
01-30-2017, 12:53 PM
Sweeeeet! Awesome seeing them still attached to the edge pieces there. Looks great!!!

Rot
01-30-2017, 01:01 PM
Dont count the boards to guess how many we have produced cause i just opened a box and put the boards on line to show we have built more than 2, but we have more stock than the one on the picture ;)

xROTx

glitch77
01-30-2017, 01:13 PM

xROTx

You always think you have the answer to life, the universe, and everything don't you.

Rot
01-30-2017, 01:17 PM
You always think you have the answer to life, the universe, and everything don't you.

Sure do... i have a bottle of single malt whisky I just opened...

I am set for the evening...

xROTx

PS. Neosd... welcome to Rot's hell...:p

neosd
01-30-2017, 02:42 PM
Hello,

We shared a NEOSD AES last month to Retrobytes Córboda, its a retro party here in Spain.

A friend just sent us a video from Meristation (spanish gaming media), you can see NEOSD AES at minute 2:30.

It has a pretty funny anti thieft system.

http://www.meristation.com/video/retrobytes-cordoba-2017/2172502

Thanks

Sceptre_JLRB
01-30-2017, 03:03 PM
Hello,

We shared a NEOSD AES last month to Retrobytes Córboda, its a retro party here in Spain.

A friend just sent us a video from Meristation (spanish gaming media), you can see NEOSD AES at minute 2:30.

Thanks

I was there! (It's my city.) And I met the lucky NeoSD-AES owner.
Such a honor to be the host of the first official NeoSD public presentation... ;-)

nornor1
01-30-2017, 03:06 PM
Hello,

Thanks

No meddling Kids are going to get through those ZipTies :).

neosd
01-30-2017, 03:40 PM
Cutting it close on getting my money together for a cart out of this batch for AES. Hope I get one this time. If not, I will definitely be ready for the second batch. So hyped to be able to play games I could never really afford on real hardware for once. How long would you guess this batch will last before being sold out?

We are pretty near to sold out AES, we will not know how many we have left until we finish to validate this current batch (it will be in 3 days)
At this moment the answer deppends on how many (if any) fails our quality control.

Anyways the next batch is already ordered and we already got the pcbs in stock cause we ordered pcbs for this AES batch and for the next one, so next batch should arrive pretty soon aswel (i mean, we have unsoldered pcbs in stock for the next batch so only factory solder work is needed) pcbs for the current batch were built on 02-01-2017 and mounted NEOSD AES arrived today, so you can have an idea about how much it will take with those numbers ...

hi, i already sent you an email. please ship mine after 10.2. thanks

oh and great work!

Replied by email.

Thanks

benjiedude
01-30-2017, 07:05 PM
This is getting exciting. I ordered the day the Neo SD AES was available for pre order about a week after I purchased my Neo Geo AES. This is fate.

mastamuzz
01-30-2017, 08:26 PM
Hello,

Thanks

Really??? The narrator doesn't even acknowledge that the NeoSD is there just gunlord! The show stopper is the cart never seen before, so unique it will stand out for decades as the first and also fully functional with no tricks or bypassing with hacks.
Wow just wow!

Tio que lo mejor del show era el cartucho!

sr20det510
01-30-2017, 08:40 PM
Hello,

Thanks

I like how he calls the Neo a gaming monster, and a jewel that only the well to do could afford.

Sceptre_JLRB
01-30-2017, 09:09 PM
Really??? The narrator doesn't even acknowledge that the NeoSD is there just gunlord! The show stopper is the cart never seen before, so unique it will stand out for decades as the first and also fully functional with no tricks or bypassing with hacks.
Wow just wow!

Tio que lo mejor del show era el cartucho!

LOL
I'm not really sure most visitors did realize that... Not even most of those who heardt about the Neo-Geo time ago... In Spain and for the vast majority of gamers in the popular culture, this beast has remained kinda elusive and is perceived as an unaffordable 'only-for-millionaries' system, still being considered, respected and feared as a forever almighty console god!

benjiedude
01-30-2017, 09:43 PM
I may have ordered an incorrect memory card for this. I think it's 32 gig max that it takes...

Yodd
01-30-2017, 09:53 PM
16GB is more than enough. Full rom set is about 10GB.

Gyrian
01-31-2017, 09:06 AM
Well, I've caved and placed an order before this first batch is gone. Would have preferred to have the store updated with a second shipping option beforehand, but I guess we'll work through that afterwards.

GadgetUK
01-31-2017, 12:20 PM
Hello,

Thanks

LOL! I think I would have wrapped copper wire around those cable ties and connected it up to one of those electric fence transformers to give someone a little jolt if they get too close =D

That event looked fun, lots of nice systems there!

lifeknot
01-31-2017, 03:12 PM
Hello,

We have pending emails to answer and also questions here, we are pretty busy today.

AES pcbs arrived today, we serialized and tested 4 (kof2k3 test) and everything is working fine ;)

https://s27.postimg.org/alquqbv7n/AES_BATCH_2.jpg
https://s27.postimg.org/dtzxh46v7/AES_BATCH_3.jpg
https://s27.postimg.org/bdy439osj/AES_BATCH_1.jpg

More info late today/tomorrow. I am pretty busy right now.

Thanks

I'm so glad to see this. I hope my card is here, thank you neo sd team :)

Gummy Bear
02-01-2017, 09:42 AM
I'm so glad to see this. I hope my card is here, thank you neo sd team :)

That's your one, 5th down from the top.

vysethebold
02-01-2017, 03:54 PM
So excited for the shell! Thank you NEOSD for a great product!

Capitalistix
02-01-2017, 07:13 PM
This is really cool. Does anyone think that the advent of a legit SD solution like this will influence the AES market/Neo market in general?

Yodd
02-01-2017, 07:39 PM
No.

The Everdrives have had no effect on costly SNES or Genesis games. Perhaps made them more expensive.

xsq
02-02-2017, 07:33 AM
No.

The Everdrives have had no effect on costly SNES or Genesis games. Perhaps made them more expensive.
This. Don't get your capitalist stix in a twist.

wingzrow
02-02-2017, 08:49 AM
Perhaps made them more expensive.

I agree. The consolized Omega, the new yorker article, the flash cartridge, the neo geo games being released on the Nintendo switch. It all has a small, but measurable affect on neo geo prices. If I get the Flash Cartridge & find out I really enjoy a specific game on it, you can be damn sure I'm going to track down a physical MVS cart eventually.

Doom
02-02-2017, 11:27 AM
I forget who said this but on another message board someone had come up with stats showing that when a game gets released on virtual console or psn digitally, the original copies go up in price, they tend to stabilize after a while and sometimes go back down. In my experience following price changes on auctions I believe this to be generally true. Also when sequels to games are announced something similar happens to the previous games. The effect of this is sometimes earth shattering like with Shenmue, when Shenmue III was announced prices doubled and at some moments tripled for the previous two games.

Rot
02-02-2017, 05:06 PM
Neosd has been testing every single AES board... he indicates he's sick of watching KoF 03 load...

I must commend him for his attention to detail... he posted this in chat... (I am pretty sure he's not gonna kick my ass for posting it here...)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/rotphungte/AES%20NEOSD..._zpsjp73aviz.jpg

xROTx

PS. That AES reminds me of Big Bears pic when he took the top off one to stop "insertion" marks... Man... you guys are all fookin crazy...

benjiedude
02-02-2017, 05:51 PM
So this Neo SD is a he? One little he person slaving away for all our flash carts...All hail Neo SD!

Capitalistix
02-02-2017, 06:54 PM
This. Don't get your capitalist stix in a twist.

Im not, I barely have any neo games as it is. I was just asking a question because I was curious as to other's thoughts who might be much more versed in neo. I know that everdrives have had little effect on other systems, but the neo market is pretty unique.

Capitalistix
02-02-2017, 06:59 PM
I forget who said this but on another message board someone had come up with stats showing that when a game gets released on virtual console or psn digitally, the original copies go up in price, they tend to stabilize after a while and sometimes go back down. In my experience following price changes on auctions I believe this to be generally true. Also when sequels to games are announced something similar happens to the previous games. The effect of this is sometimes earth shattering like with Shenmue, when Shenmue III was announced prices doubled and at some moments tripled for the previous two games.

Thats an interesting take, because in my experience its been the opposite. If a solely limited console release game is desirable, and then gets released digitally, the prices plummet, as most people aren't collectors but rather gamers who just want to play the game, a la, FF7. That game was well over $100 everywhere and anywhere I saw in person for years until they decided to rerelease it on PSN a few years ago. Now its $30 whenever I see it.

daithidownunder
02-03-2017, 12:03 AM
I have seen prices decrease on all but the rarer titles since these came out. It seems that a lot of people are selling off their collections and the market is flooded with the more common titles.

Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk

Rot
02-03-2017, 04:34 AM
Just gonna say this... Chat is "FLASH BASED..."...

Most mobile devices can't handle flash very well... If you NEED to come into chat about THIS... (http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?269010-NEOSD-MVS-Support-thread-!&p=4140218&viewfull=1#post4140218) then please bear this in mind...

xROTx

PS. I will also accept a one time PM....

GadgetUK
02-03-2017, 06:26 AM
I have seen prices decrease on all but the rarer titles since these came out. It seems that a lot of people are selling off their collections and the market is flooded with the more common titles.

Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk

I would be interested in an example - I've seen prices on eBay go up if anything!

geise
02-03-2017, 09:43 AM
I think most people already know about the neo prices and that is the reason for most to get a NeoSD. Not to checkout games they want to buy cause they like it. Possibly a rise in AES system prices though once these are more readily available.

hyper
02-03-2017, 11:55 AM
got the email firmware updates thanks neosd

FilthyRear
02-03-2017, 12:28 PM
Just gonna say this... Chat is "FLASH BASED..."...

Mate... Can you imagine...

if chat... Which is FLASH BASED...

was on a FLASH CART...

Just sayin'...

xFILTHYx

PS. Send nudes... kthx

Rot
02-03-2017, 12:36 PM
Mate... Can you imagine...

if chat... Which is FLASH BASED...

was on a FLASH CART...

Just sayin'...

xFILTHYx

PS. Send nudes... kthx

Titties.. plz..

You just don't have teh style'z...

xROTx

Orkki
02-03-2017, 01:41 PM
Man what a thread, took me two weeks to read it through. Thank you everyone for your comments and reviews. There will be a NeoSD AES heading my way soon!

Rot
02-03-2017, 01:50 PM
Man what a thread, took me two weeks to read it through.

Two weeks? TWO WEEKS!!!

Geez... we may need to get you a car baby seat for the forum...

xROTx

Orkki
02-03-2017, 01:55 PM
Haha! Seat would be nice but only if it is pink.

Rot
02-03-2017, 01:56 PM
Haha! Seat would be nice but only if it is pink.

I can do Red...

Slugger
02-03-2017, 03:41 PM
I agree. The consolized Omega, the new yorker article, the flash cartridge, the neo geo games being released on the Nintendo switch. It all has a small, but measurable affect on neo geo prices. If I get the Flash Cartridge & find out I really enjoy a specific game on it, you can be damn sure I'm going to track down a physical MVS cart eventually.

Yup. If you want the real deal you are eventually gonna get it. Nostalgia plays a big part of it and I personally love it. Picking up a cart from the shelf and putting it in the system and at the same time you are thinking "man I used to play these big boyz at the arcade as a youngster and now I finally have a fine collection of all my favourite carts here at home!" It's a dream come true and a flash cart just can't reproduce it for me. They might play the same but the experience is different for some of us.
Btw. flash cart doesn't have the signature moldy odor of a mvs cartxD

djjimmyjames
02-03-2017, 10:08 PM
I remember this. i just had a good chuckle
Neosd has been testing every single AES board... he indicates he's sick of watching KoF 03 load...

I must commend him for his attention to detail... he posted this in chat... (I am pretty sure he's not gonna kick my ass for posting it here...)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/rotphungte/AES%20NEOSD..._zpsjp73aviz.jpg

xROTx

PS. That AES reminds me of Big Bears pic when he took the top off one to stop "insertion" marks... Man... you guys are all fookin crazy...

wyo
02-04-2017, 12:04 AM

This type of attitude is precisely why flash carts cause price spikes. Makes no fucking sense to me but whatever floats your boat.

oliverclaude
02-04-2017, 03:04 AM
Fart-of-the-Butterfly... effect.

mastamuzz
02-04-2017, 05:35 PM
Precisely the charm of this cart is there are no hacks no shortcuts taken to make it work, the process runs like an original cart, so if you can play every single game ever released without the cleaning and storing cause preserving big collections is easier said than done, maybe after getting mine I'll see how attached I am still to my carts, I don't know yet but we'll see, my other collections have been sold before, so this might be it for the neo I don't know.

Recently I got some EverDrives and I am happy I don't have to keep cleaning and adjusting things just one cart and play, I got the idea in my head after watching some YouTube videos from a forum member here and really I don't need a whole room to store my games like before.

I want a fake insert and sticker that says "bigtimer in 1" now

tcdev
02-05-2017, 06:18 AM
I ordered the AES version and, for me personally, this won't affect which carts I do and don't purchase in any way. I bought it mainly for the home brew options (having dabbled in it myself) but also to play those carts I haven't been able to afford yet, and the ones I know I will never be able to afford. I guess if I had to choose which camp I fall into, it would be fair to say more collector than gamer, and in reality I actually do more home brew development than gaming.

IMHO, I can't really see the NeoSD having much effect at all on cartridge prices. For collectors, it's irrelevant. Ditto for gamers who must have the original cart, for whatever reason. You could argue that the number of (the remaining) gamers in the market for original carts will decrease with the availability of the NeoSD, but I find myself wondering how significant that percentage is anyway? With so many options to actually play Neo Geo titles on alternate hardware, those apathetic enough not to care about original carts and original hardware are probably getting their fix mostly elsewhere anyway. I do think this trait is somewhat unique to the Neo Geo though; you're either nuts about it or don't really have much interest.

But that's just my opinion of course and happy for others to disagree.

adsa1971
02-05-2017, 10:07 AM
Well I've only gone and bought the MVS flash cart. So damned excited and have enjoyed the entire story so far in this thread.

donomans
02-05-2017, 02:29 PM
Been lurking for awhile on these forums and finally placed an order for one of these yesterday - been watching this thread since the first day. I was debating waiting to compare with the other cart that will inevitably come, but I decided I wanted to support Neosd and team for coming out of left field with something incredible and keeping the communication channel open (also, who doesn't love the underdog?). More healthy competition only helps us in the end anyways.

I can't wait. And also really excited to see what future stuff you guys come up with.

thermaltreasure
02-06-2017, 04:00 AM
Also placed an order at the end of last week, very much looking forward to a decent multicart solution. Narrowed my MVS and AES lots down to under ten carts for each, only holding on to games I could not part with one of those being my Fatal Fury Special cart aka 'old faithful'

neosd
02-06-2017, 07:58 AM
Hello

We just have updated our news section with an small update about the shipments.

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/index.php/2017/02/06/06-02-2017-neosd-shipment-status/

Resuming : we have finished to test/serialize both MVS and AES and we are waiting for the shells, last tuesday we were at shells factory and we requested some small adjustments.
We have called to the factory today and they have finished those adjustments, we will go to the factory tomorrow and if everything is ok we will start producing the shells.

Also, thanks to everyone that supported us

Thanks

TotalMoop
02-06-2017, 08:00 AM
Thanks for the update NeoSD.

Good work.

Opethian
02-06-2017, 08:44 AM
thanks to all those involved.

mastamuzz
02-06-2017, 09:06 AM
Ohh those boards look soooo sexy on that picture, awesome news guys thank you for your hard work! At least the validation torture is over for now haha.

100proof
02-06-2017, 12:02 PM
Excellent. </Mr. Burns>

Ordered mine back in November. Greatly looking forward. My candy cab is hungry.

GadgetUK
02-06-2017, 02:49 PM
Hahahah - I totally get the stress that watching 'The King of Fighers 2003' intro when they are testing!!!!

I must have watched that intro hundreds (and I do mean hundreds!) of times when we were testing firmware updates etc. That intro will be forever burned into my soul!!!!!!! - kind of like image burn on a CRT.

I close my eyes at night and I see that intro! Sometimes I can hear the intro music when the MVS is off!!!!!

neosd
02-06-2017, 03:25 PM
Hahahah - I totally get the stress that watching 'The King of Fighers 2003' intro when they are testing!!!!

I must have watched that intro hundreds (and I do mean hundreds!) of times when we were testing firmware updates etc. That intro will be forever burned into my soul!!!!!!! - kind of like image burn on a CRT.

I close my eyes at night and I see that intro! Sometimes I can hear the intro music when the MVS is off!!!!!

Sometimes neodev sings me neogeo tunes on skype, he has heard much more neogeo tunes than myself :) He has pretty good skills for singing those tunes, i kinda love it when that happens :)

I have listened kof2k3 intro hundreds of times, even that i still havent reached the hate point but i think this will eventually come.

Flagshiphero
02-06-2017, 04:00 PM
Great work...I'll be getting the AES version :)

neosd
02-07-2017, 03:00 PM
Some shells pictures ;)

I just arrived home now, its 22:00 here, i will get me some food and i will give more info, good news BTW ...

https://s27.postimg.org/evjqpb7z7/image.jpg
https://s27.postimg.org/gbzul709v/image.jpg
https://s27.postimg.org/u6y53nuoz/image.jpg
https://s27.postimg.org/uxqv9fx2b/image.jpg
https://s27.postimg.org/dyhwu6lur/image.jpg

Thanks

Opethian
02-07-2017, 03:20 PM
cuidado! pantalones mojado

CatBoy
02-07-2017, 04:39 PM
Looking great! Glad I ordered, I can't wait to expand my choices on my AES. :)

lachlan
02-08-2017, 05:07 AM
Holy crap what a great pic! You thank us for supporting you... well I think we really should be thanking you for bringing this to us all. Fantastic work!

Flagshiphero
02-08-2017, 06:36 AM
Yup. If you want the real deal you are eventually gonna get it. Nostalgia plays a big part of it and I personally love it. Picking up a cart from the shelf and putting it in the system and at the same time you are thinking "man I used to play these big boyz at the arcade as a youngster and now I finally have a fine collection of all my favourite carts here at home!" It's a dream come true and a flash cart just can't reproduce it for me. They might play the same but the experience is different for some of us.
Btw. flash cart doesn't have the signature moldy odor of a mvs cartxD

I agree on playing the real deal. But as the years passed, I lost interest in collecting, the hassle, the prices, the cleaning, etc. In the end it all comes down to enjoying the exact same experience on a real console.

Funny, I went from gamer to collector, and from collector to gamer again. Only took 15 years for the cycle to be complete again.

Amen.

TotalMoop
02-08-2017, 06:45 AM
Some shells pictures ;)

I just arrived home now, its 22:00 here, i will get me some food and i will give more info, good news BTW ...

Thanks

Nice.. The end is near..
Need a video posted of one being made and put together :)

neosd
02-08-2017, 07:14 AM
Nice.. The end is near..
Need a video posted of one being made and put together :)

This was the plan yesterday, but there were so many people arround there while producing the preseries so i wont recod anyone on the video ...

Mold went yesterday to be polished and they should start producing the shells tomorrow (they said that, but based on my past experience it will be tuesday)

Thanks

Electric Grave
02-08-2017, 11:53 AM
I agree on playing the real deal. But as the years passed, I lost interest in collecting, the hassle, the prices, the cleaning, etc. In the end it all comes down to enjoying the exact same experience on a real console.

Funny, I went from gamer to collector, and from collector to gamer again. Only took 15 years for the cycle to be complete again.

Amen.

Praise the Lard, it just makes more sense to be a gamer. I consider myself a gamer but I have acquired a lot of stuff over the years. It's difficult to be practical in this hobby but hey, I can only try.

lions3
02-08-2017, 01:57 PM
Some shells pictures ;)

https://s27.postimg.org/dyhwu6lur/image.jpg

Thanks

Love the pics. Reminds me of my summer factory work back in college.

Random question. Are the AES cases going to be snapped together or use screws. From the pics it looks like it'll probably use screws.

Also since you'll own the mold you know you're going to have to make limited runs in different colors (Red, gold, blue, clear, transparent grey... and of course glow-in-the-dark) :loco::loco::loco:

Doom
02-08-2017, 02:02 PM
The NeoSD is such a beauty. THe way I look at it, for Samurai Shodown V Special alone it's worth buying. When I have enough money I'll be buying one. I hope you keep producing these for a long time. :)

Thats an interesting take, because in my experience its been the opposite. If a solely limited console release game is desirable, and then gets released digitally, the prices plummet, as most people aren't collectors but rather gamers who just want to play the game, a la, FF7. That game was well over $100 everywhere and anywhere I saw in person for years until they decided to rerelease it on PSN a few years ago. Now its $30 whenever I see it.

Yes I think that happens too. My impression is that when a game goes digital the demand for the originals come down, but the demand that remains becomes more wanting of it. For a more mainstream title like FFVII, which was back in the day one of the best selling titles on PS1, you will see prices come down. However for games that are uncommon or rare I've often seen the available copies sell away resulting in price increases. It's an awkward phenomena.

neosd
02-08-2017, 02:18 PM
Love the pics. Reminds me of my summer factory work back in college.

Random question. Are the AES cases going to be snapped together or use screws. From the pics it looks like it'll probably use screws.

Also since you'll own the mold you know you're going to have to make limited runs in different colors (Red, gold, blue, clear, transparent grey... and of course glow-in-the-dark) :loco::loco::loco:

Hello,

Shell uses screws.

This first batch is going to be solid black on ABS plastic.

We have asked for other colors and its definelly possible, but it has an extra cost cause you have to pay the color. I donï½´t really remember now if they buy the plastic with the color or they buy the color and mix it with the plastic, i got so many things on my mind to remember it :)

On the PCBS for example you can make those at any color but you have to pay the entire box of paint and use it in a single run cause the color dies after some hours. That makes it really expensive for small batches.

Once we have the first shells batch done, we will ask about other colors, i myself like smoke transparent black color. But this is not going to be soon, cause we have put so many preasure on the factory to start producing next tuesday and we will let them breathe for some time before we send them another order.

Thanks

pixeljunkie
02-08-2017, 02:57 PM
Hello,

Shell uses screws.

This first batch is going to be solid black on ABS plastic.

We have asked for other colors and its definelly possible, but it has an extra cost cause you have to pay the color. I donï½´t really remember now if they buy the plastic with the color or they buy the color and mix it with the plastic, i got so many things on my mind to remember it :)

On the PCBS for example you can make those at any color but you have to pay the entire box of paint and use it in a single run cause the color dies after some hours. That makes it really expensive for small batches.

Once we have the first shells batch done, we will ask about other colors, i myself like smoke transparent black color. But this is not going to be soon, cause we have put so many preasure on the factory to start producing next tuesday and we will let them breathe for some time before we send them another order.

Thanks

Cool! smoke transparent would be extra rad.

Love these updates. Love this thread. I can't wait to get my AES cart!

Rot
02-08-2017, 03:02 PM
Hot Pants Pink...

http://www.fancydressball.co.uk/big_images1/pink-hot-pants-23367.jpg

xROTx

PS. It's the future...

neosd
02-08-2017, 03:06 PM
Cool! smoke transparent would be extra rad.

Love these updates. Love this thread. I can't wait to get my AES cart!

Yes, i love this color. Our plan was to choose this one for the production but this may dissapoint some users so we decided to do it on the same color as original AES cart. Think that not everyone may like the contrast betwen two different colors once the cart is plugged on the AES.

We will see if its possible to offer extra shells with different colors in the future, but it allways depends on pricing.
You are forced to produce a minimun order cause to put the mold into the machine and heat it has a cost, plus fill it with a color. Then you have the price of a color that its not regular ....
So once we have put ourselves up to date, we will see if its possible on costs side.

Thanks

aha2940
02-08-2017, 03:59 PM
Looking at the pictures it's not clear for me if these shells will (or will not) fit standard MVS boards? I have some games which I'd like to replace their shell, and this looks like a good fit.

Thanks!!

neosd
02-08-2017, 04:02 PM
Looking at the pictures it's not clear for me if these shells will (or will not) fit standard MVS boards? I have some games which I'd like to replace their shell, and this looks like a good fit.

Thanks!!

Shells are designed for neosd pcbs, not for regular (larger) pcbs, so the answer is no :(
You canï½´t use those shells for regular mvs or aes pcbs, only for neosd pcbs

GadgetUK
02-08-2017, 05:18 PM
Wow:-

OMFG! That's just awesome!

tcdev
02-08-2017, 08:01 PM
I went from gamer, to collector of a few systems, to collector of almost every major system. In recent years I've bought very little, and even looking to downsize, or at least, concentrate on a few select systems and only buy for them (Neo Geo being one of them of course!) Since most of my collection has been packed away for the last decade, and I'm only now in a position to set up my games room, I'm hoping to be able to enjoy my games a lot more - by actually playing them! And also introducing them to my kids as they get old enough to play them!

So you could say I went from gamer, to collector, back to gamer again as well - though it's taken me closer to 30 years! ;)

neosd
02-09-2017, 08:46 AM
Hello,

Small update on the shells, it seems final production will start tomorrow (fingers crossed)

Also, as allways we wont anounce anything until we have it running, so its time for a video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk1MASYzj8g

Jukebox UI is still work in progress, function is finished but UI needs to be improved.

Just to clarify that, we have two teams in Terraonion, one keeps working on NEOSD while the other team is working into a new device.

There are more features already done on NEOSD, we plan to release a new firmware with those aditions some weeks after AES shipment. Next week shipments will have the previous firmware (the same everyone can download from our website for MVS)

So yes, we think we are going to start shipping next week, fingers crossed ...

Thanks

Thanks

NeoTurfMasta
02-09-2017, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the Jukebox feature, it looks great!

mastamuzz
02-09-2017, 09:53 AM
That is a lot of work guys!! Setting the ability to play the music is awesome but naming it is taking it to a whole other level.

Your dedication is something else really!

greatfunky
02-09-2017, 11:29 AM
I love your signature mastamuzz !! :keke:

donluca
02-09-2017, 01:55 PM
I was about to say the same thing.

And while am at it... NeoSD team, keep up the good work. My hope for your secret WIP lies in a proper CPS2 flashcart.

xsq
02-09-2017, 02:50 PM
wow, you just keep on pushing this thing - first those molds :drool_2: - then the jukebox :buttrock:
IT IS INCREDIBLE!

-SD-
02-09-2017, 04:12 PM
My hope for your secret WIP lies in a proper CPS2 flashcart.

I'm also hoping that it's a proper CPS2 flashcart, I really don't want to turn to the Dark(soft) side of the Force....

TotalMoop
02-09-2017, 04:18 PM
So yes, we think we are going to start shipping next week, fingers crossed ...

WOOHOO..

Sceptre_JLRB
02-09-2017, 06:03 PM
:eek:
This jukebox feature is totally astounding and unexpected... Moreover, it's incredibly AWESOME, since even track titles are shown!
:eek:
Again, congrats and thank you very much NeoSD team for these improvements!

mastamuzz
02-09-2017, 07:39 PM
I love your signature mastamuzz !! :keke:

Thanks guys is a new product that is under development in Poland!
Release date around 05/05/2017 to 09/09/2022
Preorders will open soon!

nio
02-10-2017, 07:03 AM
My bet goes to Taito F3. or Naomi ..

lachlan
02-10-2017, 07:07 AM
My bet goes to Taito F3. or Naomi ..

F3 would be unique but not a very large library, Naomi has been done already and again... not that big. I wonder...

wingzrow
02-10-2017, 08:13 AM
That jukebox feature is a really great addition. One day I dream of using CD quality Audio from the Neo GEO CD games on an MVS through a flash card, but that's probably going to stay a dream forever. SD2SNES spoiled me by introducing me to redbook audio on a cartridge based system.

neodev
02-10-2017, 09:21 AM
That jukebox feature is a really great addition. One day I dream of using CD quality Audio from the Neo GEO CD games on an MVS through a flash card, but that's probably going to stay a dream forever. SD2SNES spoiled me by introducing me to redbook audio on a cartridge based system.

I think the redbook audio feature is not possible on MVS because, unlike SNES, the MVS connector doesn't have access to the analog audio path to inject its own sampled audio, so the only way to do that would be using digital streams (eating some of the YM2610 streams), and it wouldn't have redbook audio quality, as the YM2610 can only play ADPCM compressed samples, with a low sample rate.

Neo Alec
02-10-2017, 11:42 AM
How do the new NGDev games do that seemingly CD quality stereo audio?