MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Yup, I can confirm arrangements are being made to get me one sent next week so I can test and let you guys know about it, how it works and I guess most of all, is this all legit and not some kind of VCR trickery one would expect from say NGF. Personally at the moment, based on what I have seen, what NeoSD has said and the videos, there is nothing to make me doubt.

If there is anything specifically you want me to try I will so make some suggestions here. I guess some things suggested may warrent NeoSD to make videos even before I get the board (like he did today with kof2003 crc pass video).

Raz

Last edited:

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
I'm being selfish here, but I'd like to see DarkSeed loaded on it.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I sorta trust Raz's judgement... BUT I would like to know how it handles the whole spectrum of games in the library... protos, homebrews.... etc etc...

Also... the memory save feature...

How it is flexible enough for upgrades to fix bugs... or will we have to wait for a new revision of the board... (I am making this point because the price point is HIGH... I admit it...)

It's all very fun:D

xROTx

PS. What I like about this project so far... is that I can work with neosd... he has been ameniable... unlike some folks I could mention...

I DO Understand that it is a 2 way street... I get what I want... which is something for the community that is transparent... for which they get the benefit of the doubt... (which leads to a stress free thread...)

EDIT: Eventually... I will want to know who the team really are... This is for my own peace of mind amongst other reasons (I am not pushing it now... but I am just sayin'... I will ultimately want to know....)

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Eventually... I will want to know who the team really are... This is for my own peace of mind amongst other reasons (I am not pushing it now... but I am just sayin'... I will ultimately want to know....)

The question that popped into my head as well.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
TEH EXCHANGE

Yup, I can confirm arrangements are being made to get me one sent next week so I can test and let you guys know about it, how it works and I guess most of all, is this all legit and not some kind of VCR trickery one would expect from say NGF.
Spoiler:
GY2IoDN.jpg

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
This thread continues to deliver. If this passes Raz's scrutiny I may not be able to make myself hold off buying.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
I agree, but would feel like a traitor to Raz...

Meh, these guys aren't doing an AES version (at least, not at this time). If Raz's project comes to fruition I'll happily buy his for the home console.

You can always sell it off when the time comes, too.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
They didn't say they WON'T make an AES cart. It's a lot of overhead to order PCB's for hundreds(?) of boards. If they did AES with the first run they would effectively double their cost AND risk. Also trying to bug fix issues with one product is better than juggling two.
Plus AES is a little more tricky. As one of the chips included on a MVS motherboard is intentionally missing on an AES. So each AES game has it included (can't think of the chip name). Plus they aren't making them any more. So you know those MVS to AES converters? They either had to clone the chip or sack a MVS motherboard (or AES cart).... let's hope these NEOSD guys find a way to clone the chip WHEN they make AES carts :D

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Eventually... I will want to know who the team really are... This is for my own peace of mind amongst other reasons (I am not pushing it now... but I am just sayin'... I will ultimately want to know....)

UKnJs0p.gif

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
If an AES version is made, this would totally get me back into Neo. Just saying.

Looking good guys, fuck the UI haters and K.I.S.S. :p

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Obviously I will not be testing every single game. However given that you can place all neogeo games (including bootlegs) into around 10 seperate boxes of the way they use the hardware (or extras they contain on the PROG/CHA PCBs). I will make sure I test at least one game from each of these boxes. I will also try darkseed for you NTM :) . Apart from that I will be of couse giving a verddict on the UI and overall experiance and ROM conversion process etc.

Given my unique prospective of NeoGeo hardware I am aware of a few cases where some games may not work as expected given the way flashcarts work (or features they include work ) against some checks these games use. These are not currently documented either in the MAME source or the NeoGeoDev WIKI simply because these checks do not trigger under normal emulation on a stock NeoGeo.

Last edited:

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
Raz, will you be able to try if this cart works on AES using a MVS converter? That would be really appreciated.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Raz, will you be able to try if this cart works on AES using a MVS converter? That would be really appreciated.

This I cannot really try unless someone sends me an AES and a converter. Well I do know people in Helsinki region with AES and I do have a green magickey somewhere (I'm sure I do actually). So In theory I can maybe pull it off. I think I can say already with certinity however that it will not work on a magickey unless its button is held down at power on on the converter. With the button held down I don't know, maybe it will work, maybe not.

Last edited:

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
This I cannot really try unless someone sends me and AES and a converter. Well I do know people in Helsinki region with AES and I do have a green magickey somewhere (Im sure I do actually). So In theory I can maybe pull it off. I think I can say already with certinity however that it will not work on a magickey unless its button is held down at power on on the converter. With the button held down I don't know, maybe it will work, maybe not.

Ouch! I have no problem on shipping you a converter but... an AES would be pricey :S

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
What we need to remember is that this is something for MVS so testing on MVS will be the priority over everything else.

Last edited:

neosd

Neosd Developer
About MVS to AES convertes :

We havent tested it, and this an honest answer, not something to avoid answering the question, neither to avoid saying it dosent works, we don´t know if those will work at all, we have enought work trying the flashcart with all games in all different boards, believe me.

Thanks

Last edited: