PDA

View Full Version : MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13

neosd
12-16-2016, 10:30 AM
Yodd,

I really apologize on the shipment delay.
We are not happy about how correos has handled usa shipments at all, its far so much time.
We are working with ups right now to find a solution for future shipments, pricing is the problem, ups is far much more expensive but much more faster aswel.

Thanks

I'm sorry, asshole, what have I done to piss you off so much? What "meh" posts are you referring to? Other than a couple comments about still waiting on it, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Pls share with the class.

dkarDaGobert
12-16-2016, 10:40 AM
May i ask what you work at ? Phone repairs ?
Those are not the usual cheap chinesse tools, i myself have one of those JBC solder stations are home :)
Pretty expensive lot you have there, i would say. Someone should send you samurai shodown 5 special to reump.

im working as electronics technician in a company producing sunshading products. we have our own small electronics manufacture producing all the control units needed.
we got there 2 reflow ovens, smd mounting mashines, wave soldering and selective wave soldering mashines and inspection systems like flying probe and aoi.
so yeah, i would say we have pretty nice stuff here
the pics on top are the tools i use for repairing stuff sent back from the customer or which didnt pass the function test

neosd
12-16-2016, 10:49 AM
You have better equipment than us for sure.
We have access to much more expensive toys, but those are not ours. We put our pcbs at x-rays machines that check if there is air inside the solder pads for example, this is some kind of equipment most of the solder factories lack of, they just do camera inspection on the pads, but not x-rays.

BTW you need a pretty good manufactuing volume to just have pick and place machines at your company, not talking about 1M euros pick and place, just the cheap regular ones.

im working as electronics technician in a company producing sunshading products. we have our own small electronics manufacture producing all the control units needed.
we got there 2 reflow ovens, smd mounting mashines, wave soldering and selective wave soldering mashines and inspection systems like flying probe and aoi.
so yeah, i would say we have pretty nice stuff here
the pics on top are the tools i use for repairing stuff sent back from the customer or which didnt pass the function test

LoneSage
12-16-2016, 11:02 AM
I no longer have a NEO-GEO.

But thank you for keeping the spirit of NEO-GEO alive.

-LoneSage

Yodd
12-16-2016, 11:13 AM
Yodd,

I really apologize on the shipment delay.
We are not happy about how correos has handled usa shipments at all, its far so much time.
We are working with ups right now to find a solution for future shipments, pricing is the problem, ups is far much more expensive but much more faster aswel.

Thanks

My response was directed towards 'aku'.

I'm not upset with you guys at all. I realize overseas shipping sucks and unpredictable. I'm personally excited to receive it and even want to pick up the AES version.

NeoTurfMasta
12-16-2016, 11:22 AM
Just wanted to let you know that I've been very happy with the NeoSD results. So far, no problems at all and it's played everything I've tried.

neosd
12-16-2016, 11:24 AM
Just wanted to let you know that I've been very happy with the NeoSD results. So far, no problems at all and it's played everything I've tried.

Is neo turf masters working fine there ? ;)

Thanks for your coment, usually users not having issues dont post on forums.

greatfunky
12-16-2016, 11:47 AM
Good god , you're right ! .... i'm a happy NeoSD owner , so satisfied that i ordered the AES version too .....

Thanks for that NeoSD ....:)

PS: I encourage satisfied people to post it here

hyper
12-16-2016, 12:52 PM
Just wanted to let you know that I've been very happy with the NeoSD results. So far, no problems at all and it's played everything I've tried.turf does the neosd work properly with your VMC? wondering if you've tested it

Lemony Vengeance
12-16-2016, 02:36 PM

This is a great post, and very encouraging to me :)

Niko
12-16-2016, 03:13 PM
Pretty expensive lot you have there, i would say. Someone should send you samurai shodown 5 special to reump.

I'm thinking about having mine dumped, One of my buddies offered to do it, but he is in Canada so going to wait until after the holidays so there will be less of a risk mailing it.

NeoTurfMasta
12-16-2016, 04:03 PM
turf does the neosd work properly with your VMC? wondering if you've tested it

Yeah, it seems to be working fine with it.

fenikso
12-16-2016, 04:13 PM
Should have my NeoSD tomorrow.

aku
12-16-2016, 04:19 PM
I'm sorry, asshole, what have I done to piss you off so much? What "meh" posts are you referring to? Other than a couple comments about still waiting on it, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Pls share with the class.

nah yodd, overall it was not that bad. but i remember some of your posts as very "mehish"...

Still waiting on mine.

Still waiting on mine and the tracking number still doesn't show it even entering the US.

I notice that that artwork has Arcade Works Omega logo on it in the bottom center of the front of the insert.
Did anyone ask Quan for permission to use that? for someone testing bootlegs of bootlegs on his channel, this was a pretty "meh" question...

Gotta agree. Not digging the art at all. Screams 16 bit demo scene (which I am a fan of) and not SNK.

Rot: stop making drama up and dragging stuff into this thread that has zero relation to the discussion at hand.
If anyone should be banned from this thread, it's YOU.

I hope you aren't calling me a child just because I (along with apparently a couple others) am confused as to whether or not a shell is included.

I don't see chat as official communication. Again, clearer communication to buyers and future buyers is necessary.

That's great and all, however the question of if the shells will be free or not was confusing. Since it's hard to determine when preordering ended. I ordered mine a couple days ago. Do I get a shell?...

I almost forgot about this. Placed my order yesterday and did the bank wire today.

Yodd
12-16-2016, 05:47 PM
:crying:

poodude
12-16-2016, 06:32 PM
I was finally able to get mine working on the mv1fzs with neobioasta VMC. Absolutely no issues with regular games on my mv1fs. I had some rebooting issues with some bootleg games. It's hard to tell if it's a firmware thing or the boots, or the cart not seated perfectly.

I will say the vast majority of issues can be avoided if everyone checks their voltages and uses a cart to make sure boards are perfectly aligned inside the motherboard. I've had to reseat it 5 or 6 times in my mv1fzs to get it to boot up, whereas a shell would have aligned it for me. The plastic guides on the mobo aren't doing me any favors either. I would suggest taking those guides off until the shell arrives. Makes it much easier to deal with.

Just tested kof2003 on the mv1fzs, works flawlessly. No lines or glitching.

poodude
12-16-2016, 06:41 PM
Another thing I noticed, at least on my motherboards is that my original carts feel like they are more snug when inserting them. I should try bending my pins in a bit too see if a tighter fit makes a difference.

xsq
12-17-2016, 02:58 AM
Preservation
Awesome. Thank you for bringing this important topic up. (And thanks to NTM for your work.)

these are the tools i work with:
:drool_2: very nice. Also great that you offered to help, hopefully the missing carts will be found.
Will check mine for sure.

I'm thinking about having mine dumped
do it! :buttrock:

Razoola
12-17-2016, 02:02 PM
Awesome. Thank you for bringing this important topic up. (And thanks to NTM for your work.)

The unpreserved Korean King of Fighters 99 has now also been found and we will look to get it dumped after the new year. This one is a little more complex because of the SMA onboard.

GadgetUK
12-17-2016, 03:02 PM
Lets explain it, so everyone understands the issue and our answer :

User gets a neosd, he says is dead, it dosent works (we know every shipped neosd works cause we took the time to flash kof2003 on EVERY neosd).

So customer starts telling on twitter that its dead on arrival. User could just have emailed us, but he decided to tell that on twitter, where we dont even have account, until yesterday that some friend told us about this twitter guy ...

Then some trolls come there to fuck arround ( i am not going to name those).

Some hours after user says : its not dead, it works in one of my cabs and not on ther other, thing is that he is using the SAME MVS on both cabs.

So i ask you guys, what could be doing NEOSD works with the same MVS in one cab and not in another ? I would say the only difference is the PSU, so we told him this may be the cause.

Some of you think NEOSD was an easy to develop product, others think they can deliver a neo geo flash cart and cant even boot a single game. Lets face it, we are working with more than 8 different boards, some do have different revisions. Those boards are more than 20 years old and everyone is powering those boards in a different way.

So i would say we have a pretty solid product. Right now issues are under 1% of what we have shipped, and we are taking every issue seriously, we dont tell someone to try another psu or that his psu is fucked to not give him support.

If you have an issue : email us, dont post it on facebook if you want support, cause we dont have a facebook account (just to name one for example) ... You can post whathever you want there but we may not know you have an issue cause you havent emailed us ...

Telling people : yes i am going to buy it, dosent makes your argument stronger.

As an user i would be really pleased to be able to buy a neo geo flash cart, even if i wont buy it for different reasons.
After so many years some serious team put the needed resources to deliver something we all wanted, and no one was able to deliver.

Instead, what we have arround is a pile of trolls trying to find a single issue to put shit on our product/work. I cant really understand that kind of hate, honestly

Thanks

I am sorry to hear someone did that =( And I am sorry I gave you some stress on the same day! You summed it up really well there though - What you guys have done is simply amazing, and to be fair - some minor problems are expected on one or two peoples setups (like mine) and some board revisions etc. There are a LOT of models (from http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com):-

1 slot motherboards: MV1, MV1F, MV-1A, MV-1AX, MV-1B, MV-1C, MV-1FZ (MV-1H?)
2 slot motherboards: MV2F, MV2FT (smaller version?) (maybe others)
4 slot motherboards: MV4F, MV4H, MV4FT, MV4FS (various versions)
6 slot motherboards: MV6F (others?)

Then there are manufacturing difference between some boards and the parts used etc.

It's quite remarkable how perfect it runs on so many setups so far tbh! I would have expected more problems at launch. As p***** off as I have been (partly due to personal circumstances nothing to do with my MVS) the last few days, I respect the work that has gone into this product, and the work you are still doing to make this perfect. That guy on Twitter certainly knows how to burn bridges. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, all you can do is offer advice etc and do your best. If I had known you had this abuse from this guy on twitter yesterday I wouldn't have snapped like I did.

EDIT: Was it ModernVintageGamer? He's actually a good reviewer and very technical himself - I feel partly responsible as in my video I didn't test the 4 slot, and maybe one or two people are expecting it to work already on 4 slots =/ But if he's patient I am sure it can be made to work on a 4 slot. I might just add an annotation to my video at the start just saying that 4 slot is being worked on at the moment?

Razoola
12-17-2016, 03:42 PM
You can add the 1FS and 1T to the 1 slot list also. There are the bootleg MVS boards also but thats a whole other story that willl probaböy pop its head up somewhere down the line.

fille1976
12-17-2016, 03:54 PM
will those new version of the games released raz?

greedostick
12-17-2016, 04:01 PM
The unpreserved Korean King of Fighters 99 has now also been found and we will look to get it dumped after the new year. This one is a little more complex because of the SMA onboard.

Is there such a thing as a clean irritating maze dump? Perhaps the joystick version?

neosd
12-17-2016, 04:01 PM
Honestly GadgetUK, if someone ask me now about your issue, my answer will be : i am happy, we have made the product stronger thanks him.

If someone asks me about you, i will say : we sent him a pile of beta firmwares, he spent a pile of hours doing tests for us, users like this one make products stronger, this is pretty good for everyone.

I am really greatful and i understand your point of view, we already discussed this by email. Honestly, i have the best feelings about you. This not just a lot of good words on the forum to have you and others happy.

Maybe from a company side, only thinking about make money, it would have been more easy to tell you : get your money back, we give you a refund, end of the problem, but we are not that kind of people, and this is the main issue here, NEOSD is more our personal product than a company product at all, we did this product on the first time cause we wanted it to exist, cause we thought no one would deliver a decent product, one without lcd screens, one without hacked roms. If such product would ever exist, no one would make a seccond one such as ours, the one we as users wanted.

The only thing i am not happy with right now, is not having a solution for dkarDaGobert (4slot), he has been waiting more than one week for a solution. We thought your issue and 4slot issue were related, but we were wrong. I have promissed dkarDaGobert that we will start working on monday on 4slot until we fix it.

The main issue to us is that everyone wants a 10 minutes solution, but if someone comes with an issue prolly it will take us more than 10 minutes to fix it, cause we try every new firmware in more than 10 boards and we are more than 4 guys doing tests on different boards, so chances are that if an issue shows, it will take us time to reproduce it and solve it.

This fast solution preasure has put a lot of stress on us, and to be honest, everytime you see something like those twitter coments, you fear your sales will be damaged, and we really need to make money to deliver other products.

To me the main issue is not this guy having an issue and telling it on twitter he has the right to express himself wherever he desires. It is the opportunistic people trying to take vantage on those coments, and you guys know what i am talking about.

Most companies die on the first months of life cause they cant make money just to survive, so our goal right now is to have everyone happy, fixing issues and adding more features, thing is we cant forget to make money if we want to survive aswel.

So resuming, this twitter guy is going to have all our support, cause honestly he deserves it as any customer and he did not know us at all, so he may thought he bougth something not working, i can understand that. Why i cant understand is so much hate such as this one :

https://s29.postimg.org/rg501dz7b/twitter.png

Just read the rest, you will notice why i got disapointed :

https://twitter.com/_skitzo/status/809596844288446464

This is really sick.

I hope you guys understand my point, we need time to fix usses, we cant deliver a solution in 5 minutes.

I am sorry to hear someone did that =( And I am sorry I gave you some stress on the same day! You summed it up really well there though - What you guys have done is simply amazing, and to be fair - some minor problems are expected on one or two peoples setups (like mine) and some board revisions etc. There are a LOT of models (from http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com):-

1 slot motherboards: MV1, MV1F, MV-1A, MV-1AX, MV-1B, MV-1C, MV-1FZ (MV-1H?)
2 slot motherboards: MV2F, MV2FT (smaller version?) (maybe others)
4 slot motherboards: MV4F, MV4H, MV4FT, MV4FS (various versions)
6 slot motherboards: MV6F (others?)

Then there are manufacturing difference between some boards and the parts used etc.

It's quite remarkable how perfect it runs on so many setups so far tbh! I would have expected more problems at launch. As p***** off as I have been (partly due to personal circumstances nothing to do with my MVS) the last few days, I respect the work that has gone into this product, and the work you are still doing to make this perfect. That guy on Twitter certainly knows how to burn bridges. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, all you can do is offer advice etc and do your best. If I had known you had this abuse from this guy on twitter yesterday I wouldn't have snapped like I did.

EDIT: Was it ModernVintageGamer? He's actually a good reviewer and quite technical himself - I feel partly responsible as in my video I didn't test the 4 slot, and maybe one or two people are expecting it to work already on 4 slots =/ But if he's patient I am sure it can be made to work on a 4 slot. I might just add an annotation to my video at the start just saying that 4 slot is being worked on at the moment?

Razoola
12-17-2016, 04:04 PM
will those new version of the games released raz?

Try chat.

Rot
12-17-2016, 04:15 PM
Try chat.

Raz... Plz...

xROTx

aku
12-17-2016, 04:33 PM

pretty awesome website...he must be a genius...

xsq
12-17-2016, 04:33 PM
Why i cant understand is so much hate such as this one [...]
Just read the rest, you will notice why i got disapointed
You should not let those idiots discourage you. You're doing great work, everyone in their right mind can see it and the responses from this community reflect it.

Rot
12-17-2016, 04:38 PM
Heh... ModernVintageGamer...

Here's MY take on all that stuff... NG.com is the biggest site for this console... and it's genre of games...

You wanna play then please join... if you haven't already... the lads and I will be here waiting for you...

It's sorta an invitation to stop hiding behind a twitter account...

OH... and just incase... you can link my google search results in your twitter page.... (https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=rot+neo+geo) ModernVintageWanker...

I have pretty much nothing to hide...

xROTx

PS. Let's play...:D

EDIT: Tell Darksoft he can go fuck himself as well...

GadgetUK
12-17-2016, 04:56 PM
You should not let those idiots discourage you. You're doing great work, everyone in their right mind can see it and the responses from this community reflect it.
^ this!

The internet is full of these trolls. Just 10 minutes ago I banned someone on YT - he left a polite comment for me:- "This guy is a clumsy moron!" LOL, I've had enough of these to just ignore them. I understand when you have a product and a business that you are going to feel the stress more, but hey - the product will honestly sell itself. Some bad comments etc, that's not convincing anyone. Anyone who has an MVS and the money to spend on MVS games is going to come running at the cart regardless of some twitter comments just after launch.

Rot
12-17-2016, 05:28 PM
Don't bother trying to register... ModernVintageGamer dude...

You already have an account here... just come back and play... your password is still the same... and you know where I am...

xROTx

PS. And yes... I can confirm... he's a darksoft bottyboy...

GEEZ... the efforts some people go to... to protect a non-existant product... from a cocksucker like Darksoft...

Yodd
12-17-2016, 05:50 PM
Don't bother trying to register... ModernVintageGamer dude...

You already have an account here... just come back and play... your password is still the same... and you know where I am...

xROTx

PS. And yes... I can confirm... he's a darksoft bottyboy...

GEEZ... the efforts some people go to... to protect a non-existant product... from a cocksucker like Darksoft...

Dude, modern vintage gamer is lantus360. He isn't a shill for Darksoft.

Stop making stuff up.

GadgetUK
12-17-2016, 05:53 PM

Stop making stuff up.
Yeah, I can vouch for ModernVintageGamer as well. I don't think he has anything to do with Darksoft.

tcdev
12-17-2016, 05:55 PM
The main issue to us is that everyone wants a 10 minutes solution, but if someone comes with an issue prolly it will take us more than 10 minutes to fix it, cause we try every new firmware in more than 10 boards and we are more than 4 guys doing tests on different boards, so chances are that if an issue shows, it will take us time to reproduce it and solve it.

This fast solution preasure has put a lot of stress on us, and to be honest, everytime you see something like those twitter coments, you fear your sales will be damaged, and we really need to make money to deliver other products.
Don't fall into the trap of trying to appease every troll that demands immediate fixes to their problems. What really matters from a customer service POV is that you acknowledge the issue and give assurance that you're aware of the issue and that you will be addressing it as time allows. Beyond that, you're actually jeopardising the product and 99% of customers by diverting your efforts - under great stress - to these issues and risking actually making things worse. As a hardware and software design engineer I understand the complexities involved and the temptation to find a 'quick fix'; but a lot of the time it'll come back to bite you later on. Keep in mind that 99% of the customers don't have an issue, so this little bitch can scream and jump up and down as much as he wants; the reputation of your company and the quality of your product will speak for itself. And the moron citing clones clearly doesn't even have the technical knowledge to understand what this product actually is - personally I wouldn't have even given him the time the of day.

Keep up the awesome work!

Rot
12-17-2016, 05:57 PM

Stop making stuff up.

Heh... really? Go through his LAST posts in the Darkoft affair thread Yodd...

The strange thing is I like Pantus... what I couldn't understand is that Neosd has his Tech thread HERE... until his site is up and running...

Why the fuck would you make shit up on a twitter page and then miracolously once it gets found "its FIXED!"...

I have more evidence of his butthurt than you have that he isn't a shill...

xROTx

PS. Pantus... come back and play....

neosd
12-17-2016, 05:58 PM
Yodd,

I am not dissapointed with modernvintagegamer i can understand his point, i am dissapointed with https://twitter.com/_skitzo
Talking shit about a product you dont even know and you havent bought, encouraging others to return it, telling us that our product is half done.

This is why i said : so much hate, i cant understand that.

Stop making stuff up.

Tw3ek
12-17-2016, 05:59 PM
Talking shit about a product you dont even know and you havent bought, encouraging others to return it, telling us that our product is half done.

This is why i said : so much hate, i cant understand that.

Sounds like you'd love ChuChuFlamingo then

Yodd
12-17-2016, 06:04 PM
Since were exposing dirty laundry, Rot, why don't you tell everybody how you wanted to ban gadgetuk because you thought he was "complaining" too much.

Rot
12-17-2016, 06:10 PM
Since were exposing dirty laundry, Rot, why don't you tell everybody how you wanted to ban gadgetuk because you thought he was "complaining" too much.

Heh... did I say that? I also said I'd ban Neosd for not giving me a free AES version...

Did I get an AES version? Did I ban GadgetUK? NO... I don;t need free shit... I don;t even need to ban anyone... I War room lock.. everyone knows that...

We talk shit in chat.... and you trying to use it because you feel it gets you one up in an argument is pointless...

Chat works because we rarely take anything seriously...

xROTx

PS. I also told Raz today that I was going to ban him for not giving me a live webfeed from his sauna...

EDIT: I lie... I'd prob have War Room Locked him..:SERIUZ:

Yodd
12-17-2016, 06:14 PM
Whatever you say Rot.

Rot
12-17-2016, 06:21 PM
Whatever you say Rot.

Yodd... you have been in chat with me for over a freakin decade man...

You're one of my oldest friends there... chat is chat... The FORUM is completely different in my eyes...

In chat... I can relax... and say stuff without worrying too much...

On the Forum... what I say may have "consequences"... one warning and all...

For example... The lads know if I suggest to you on the main forum you need to... "contribute more to maintain market rights"... it should be more than a suggestion...

xROTx

PS. The stuff I've said I wanted to do in chat... you could make a list and have me committed...

GadgetUK
12-17-2016, 06:27 PM
It's true lol - I do complain too much, that's me described quite well =D

Rot
12-17-2016, 06:28 PM
It's true lol - I do complain too much, that's me described quite well =D

One more complaint... and off to the War Room for you:keke:

xROTx

GadgetUK
12-17-2016, 06:51 PM
I think he should ban you for saying he should ban me :P Oh the drama! =D

EDIT: That's not a complaint!!! It's just a suggestion ;)

massimiliano
12-17-2016, 08:47 PM
wait...is this over already!?.....THUNDERDOME!!!!

fille1976
12-18-2016, 02:10 AM
this is really terrible neosd,i dont understand those guys.
i hat problems with my gbax5,mario kart and castlevania did not working,posted video on krikzz his forum.
after that i just spoke with him what todo.
i tested alot for him(other gba-sdcards-ect...)
after that it did still not worked for me,so sended my gbax5-gbasp-mario kart that i buyed for testing to him.
few weeks later i got message that the gbax5 was broken,so for saying that i not was the dramaqueen like those twitter guys.
they think everything worked out of the box,see what microsoft happens on their xb360.
i stayed calm and communicate with krikzz about the problem,and i received a week ago a new everdrive gbax5.
all games are working now,so dont let your sleep about it,try to communice with that basterd,if they keep responding like that,refund it and case cleared in my eyes.
with some people you cant argue,thats the point,its a difficult situation,but we all known here what work you doing to get the product running perfekt on our neo geo's.
and i got not a single problem till today with your card,its working fine here.

tighecg
12-18-2016, 03:12 AM
finally got my NeoSD and I am loving it! I was worried about getting it all up and running, but it was way easier than I expected. I wasn't able to get all the thingies to convert, but enough to make me happy. All official releases except burning fight, that was really all I wanted. Also had a handful of hacks that didn't convert or I didn't have. I haven't tried the command line conversions yet, in time I will get the others done. Too busy playing now!:D

Thanks again NeoSD!

Razoola
12-18-2016, 03:29 AM
Much of these things are caused by people not really knowing what they are talking about and then other people who know even less taking it as gospel. Things get said in slang that then get mis interpreted on top of all that. Some comes from people who understand this and then try to use it to their advantage to discredit something or someone else.

hyper
12-18-2016, 04:33 AM
First of all, this forum and it's userbase is what counts w regards to anything neogeo..

second no one worth a damn is using a "retrotech" twitter account as a reliable source for information. These bro's get no respect.. if they did they wouldn't be twitting about their dusty ass gamelyfe

Sceptre_JLRB
12-18-2016, 05:22 AM
All this recent Twitter trolling issue is no more than a pure sample of what in Spain is well-known as:
---PORK ENVY (ENVIDIA COCHINA)---

For the average customer, it is very clear that NeoSD is a must-have, both for its quality and the outstanding constant support its creators are offering. So, congrats again and screw that discrediting attacks. ¡Anda y que les den morcilla! :angry:

nornor1
12-18-2016, 11:08 AM
Yeah all the haters were either Not going to buy one anyway, or dont have to funds, and are butt hurt about it. Im not rich, I had to sell some gaming stuff to help me purchase the NeoSD, Im loving it so far. I cant wait for the new FW updates. there is always going to be haters. they talk shit to make themselves feel better they dont have want they cant get.

neofonta
12-18-2016, 04:42 PM
I'm not going to buy the NeoSD cartridge because I'd rather wait for Darksoft to release his.
Seeing all the work that Darksoft has done before gives me the confidence to think that his cartridge may be better than the NeoSD.

This does not mean that I can not recognize the merit of the team behind the NeoSD and seeing that the people who have already bought it are happy with it confirms my thoughts.

What I do not understand is the animadversion in the forum against Darksoft.
We have 2 companies making two gadgets for our beloved Neo Geo's, let's enjoy them.

NeoGeoFanatic
12-18-2016, 06:29 PM
I'm not going to buy the NeoSD cartridge because I'd rather wait for Darksoft to release his.
Seeing all the work that Darksoft has done before gives me the confidence to think that his cartridge may be better than the NeoSD.

This is out of place here. This thread is about NeoSD and not another product...

This does not mean that I can not recognize the merit of the team behind the NeoSD and seeing that the people who have already bought it are happy with it confirms my thoughts.

This completely contradicts what you just said... And Yes, this is a great product. I am very happy with mine. Besides, how would you be able to make any type of comparison when you haven't even purchased the product? Geez

This product is out and it is great. There is no point comparing it to something that has not been released yet!

greedostick
12-18-2016, 06:43 PM
The neo sd is perfect if you care about the quality of the performance instead of the presentation. Even then the NeoSd looks as if it will improve more as time passes. The NeoSd team obviously has made a product for the people, by the people. They didn't develop this thing for a cash grab, they developed it because like the rest of us here, they are passionate about the Neo Geo.

And I know this isn't a comparison thread, but you're not getting that kind of passion with any device being produced (if ever produced) anytime in the near future. NeoSD team OBVIOUSLY know EXACTLY what they are doing. If there was a faster way it would have been implemented.

The only thing kinda lacking in the NeoSD is the GUI, and the load times on a few games.That's it! I assume in future updates this product will rectify those solutions to some extent. WHEN they are important.

hyper
12-18-2016, 07:19 PM

We have 2 companies making two gadgets for our beloved Neo Geo's, let's enjoy them.Thanks for the heads up

ban pls

Sceptre_JLRB
12-18-2016, 10:19 PM
Seriously, is there still anybody thinking Darksoft is gonna release a Neo-Geo flashcart ever?

greedostick
12-18-2016, 10:43 PM
Seriously, is there still anybody thinking Darksoft is gonna release a Neo-Geo flashcart ever?

Only after he analyzes his new NeoSD card in awe and attemps to replicate it with enhancements.

Its not sounding like its very likely. From my understanding NeoSD is designed by a team of experienced engineers and programmers. I think darksofts crew is a 2 or 3 man show. Not sure of their experience, or credentials, but I feel like the NeoSD is a little over his head or his multi wpuld have been completed already. When I was following the forums there the possible design seemed to change weekly because it just wouldnt work right. I think if he had some more expertise it would have been laid out on paper near correct the first time.

Im not bashing the guy, he's done some decent work with his other multi carts, but the quality of their design and the possible design of his neo multi seem to be not quite on par with neosd.

He is catering to another crowd though. Peoplevwho want neo and want it now. They dont care that the games pass CRC checks. Where as the neosd caters to those who want accurate performance with solid compatibility.

gum_drops
12-18-2016, 11:02 PM

We have 2 companies making two gadgets for our beloved Neo Geo's, let's enjoy them.

LoL RIP your account tomorrow morning when rot reads this after his morning glass of scotch.

staffofcounsel
12-18-2016, 11:14 PM
Got mine a couple of days ago (Best Coast), no tracking update, but signature required. Everything works so far. Load times are acceptable (less is always more). Thanks for doing something exceptional. Now, I'm just waiting for the shell so I can return my room into its wool carpeted glory.

Gummy Bear
12-19-2016, 01:42 AM

Seeing someone stumble and fumble and get things wrong and not actually commit to a design gives you confidence?

Silly sausage :keke:

nio
12-19-2016, 02:02 AM
Everytime I read about complaints about the GUI I have to repeat: NeoSD has a GuI, a nice GUI, a perfect GUI.
- It has the option to auto load the last game without any interaction of the GUI if wanted!
- It has a lot of filters for ganes! (not fully working jet)
- It has a progress bar ...

I really like the GUI of the NeoSD a lot!

ChuChu Flamingo
12-19-2016, 02:25 AM
Sounds like you'd love ChuChuFlamingo then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU2_L3wxQIU

Rot
12-19-2016, 02:25 AM
LoL RIP your account tomorrow morning when rot reads this after his morning glass of scotch.

Nope... Just having my first cup of coffee tbh...

ANYWAY.... Neofonta... we've had enough issues with the subject in hand without people trying to compare a non-existent product...

You wanna wait for Darksofts stuff ... FINE... Neosd, his team and the forum are sick of hearing about how Darksoft will do it...

Darksoft has no confirmed fully working product (from the website... it seems like smoke, mirrors and bullshit atm), so, It's not important..

But the Neosd is important to the forum and the lads.....

xROTx

PS. War Room Lock... prob let you out on Xmas day.... think of it as my Xmas gift to you..

EDIT: JUST so everyone knows.... I am willing to discuss re-instating Darksoft and his whole team if they contact myself and I can set out rules that they can play by...

Can't say fairer than that... can I?

Gummy Bear
12-19-2016, 02:35 AM
Everytime I read about complaints about the GUI I have to repeat: NeoSD has a GuI, a nice GUI, a perfect GUI.
- It has the option to auto load the last game without any interaction of the GUI if wanted!

Me too.
I say it's fine as it is (without the damn monkey...)

xsq
12-19-2016, 03:28 AM
I agree. It does what it's supposed to (and when the filters are fixed it will do an even better job), which is what matters. I just don't get people who think looks are more important than function - even if this is the Neo Geo.

neosd
12-19-2016, 03:41 AM
Thanks to everyone for the great coments.

About the filters : GadgetUK and Sceptre_JLRB can tell you this has already been fixed weeks ago and improved aswel, now you can also hide hacks and so ....

We are just working in having a perfect firmware update so we can distribute this one to everyone.

This update will include flast loading aswel

Thanks

I agree. It does what it's supposed to (and when the filters are fixed it will do an even better job), which is what matters. I just don't get people who think looks are more important than function - even if this is the Neo Geo.

gozaimas
12-19-2016, 03:47 AM
Dear neosd - please could you check your DMs?

Sent you a message about trying to order a cart, but am having trouble with the payment method you have on your site.

Best,

Simon

neosd
12-19-2016, 03:51 AM
Hello Simon,

Yes, neodev just forwared me your message some minutes ago, allow me to anwser you by email in some minutes please.

Thanks

EDIT : email sent

Dear neosd - please could you check your DMs?

Sent you a message about trying to order a cart, but am having trouble with the payment method you have on your site.

Best,

Simon

GadgetUK
12-19-2016, 06:36 AM

About the filters : GadgetUK and Sceptre_JLRB can tell you this has already been fixed weeks ago and improved aswel, now you can also hide hacks and so ....

We are just working in having a perfect firmware update so we can distribute this one to everyone.

Thanks

Yes, the new filters are great, and the load times for games are much better!!!

WNivek
12-19-2016, 09:50 AM
I've just received my NeoSD. Looking forward to trying it tonight.

edit: So far as I can tell, it appears to be working fine. :)

Niko
12-19-2016, 10:38 AM

x3

I cant wrap my head around what people are expecting here? This multi has the nicest menu I've seen on any multicart ever.

neosd
12-19-2016, 10:59 AM
x3

I cant wrap my head around what people are expecting here? This multi has the nicest menu I've seen on any multicart ever.

Everyting can be improved .We are going to add more functions to the GUI.

Now it comes my personal opinion about the GUI :

I dont like GUIs that end being a management application for the tons of menus and submenus you have there. I preffer something simple and effective, something to launch games, this is the goal of the gui at all, not being a game itself. I know others have different taste, i understand that.

But this is my point. We allways listen to everyone and we try to improve things as much as possible, some changes have already been done on the GUI and others are comming aswel.

Thanks

greedostick
12-19-2016, 11:04 AM
Everyting can be improved .We are going to add more functions to the GUI.

Now it comes my personal opinion about the GUI :

I dont like GUIs that end being a management application for the tons of menus and submenus you have there. I preffer something simple and effective, something to launch games, this is the goal of the gui at all, not being a game itself. I know others have different taste, i understand that.

But this is my point. We allways listen to everyone and we try to improve things as much as possible, some changes have already been done on the GUI and others are comming aswel.

Thanks

I personally am very happy with the GUI. I prefer it simple too

massimiliano
12-19-2016, 11:30 AM
I was wondering about this for a while....could the card be turned into "headless"?

I guess an hardcore fan who play one game at time for weeks would have been fine using a PC to tell the card which SD file to flash (USB-to-serial?), so no need for any menu at all ...I understand the user experience would be "different" but I personally like more the idea of not using the cabinet with a "foreign" GUI to play...like a devel kit.

I completely agree, any kind of feature reach frontend shoudl be a separate app/game.. as a matter of taste, i.e. the SuperEverdrive interface for me is perfectly fine and UNIX CLI looks good.

xsq
12-19-2016, 11:39 AM
I was wondering about this for a while....could the card be turned into "headless"? [...] I personally like more the idea of not using the cabinet with a "foreign" GUI to play...like a devel kit.
It's possible to set the GUI to load the flashed game so you won't see it at all... until you want to change the game. So, I don't really see why you'd want to remove the GUI... that just makes everything more complicated without gaining anything.

massimiliano
12-19-2016, 12:15 PM
until you want to change the game.

That was the point..

The idea is to keep the workflow faithful to the original development kit..."historical faithfulness" reasons if you will, definitively not ease of use (at least for the end-user...probably a developer would like more to have a way to directly flash from the PC, rather than copy on the SD remove/reinsert it every time)

http://www.neohomebrew.com/img/snk-development-pcb/snk-neo-geo-development-kit.jpg

http://www.neohomebrew.com/img/snk-development-pcb/SNK-X3002-P3-preview.jpg

GadgetUK
12-19-2016, 12:41 PM
Wow - that dev board is awesome!!! Any one have one of those? Must have been a pain in the ass programming one of those back in the day. We've got to be thankful though or many of the great games we love would never exist if it wasn't for that beast of a board!

massimiliano
12-19-2016, 12:43 PM
Brian has pretty all the devel boards...some had PCMCIA cards, orhers needed EPROMS.

...personally I love the "ugly" simplicity of that early '90s stuff..

NeoTurfMasta
12-19-2016, 01:12 PM
Wow - that dev board is awesome!!! Any one have one of those?

Links to pics of this board are in the first post of the DarkSeed thread.

hyper
12-19-2016, 01:23 PM
the large mvs & dev boards are great, you get better view of the trace paths and components

Tw3ek
12-19-2016, 01:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU2_L3wxQIU

Eh I never got enough of these for anything good anyway.

Sceptre_JLRB
12-19-2016, 02:20 PM

Thanks

I confirm it: Filters are fixed since weeks ago, and new ones are included, such as order by name/year/developer, and hide or not bootlegs. In addition, a new option menu is added to the currently flashed game, allowing to lunch game, save/load backup RAM and even access Service Menu directly (this latter still work in progress). Not to mention loading times are greatly improved, 30-40% faster.

BTW, I love the GUI, is by far the best on whatever flashcart and it's nice, fast and perfect!

massimiliano
12-19-2016, 02:54 PM
Alright, just went to the Post Office and picked my NeoSD (it was held there since days...no notice, no tracking updates...I guess USPS messed up as well this time) will start playing with it soon!

xsq
12-19-2016, 04:17 PM
The idea is to keep the workflow faithful to the original development kit [...] probably a developer would like more to have a way to directly flash from the PC, rather than copy on the SD remove/reinsert it every time
thanks for clarifying!

Yodd
12-19-2016, 09:50 PM
Received mine today and working perfectly on my Supergun.

http://i.imgur.com/aKP1rto.jpg

Rot
12-20-2016, 02:18 AM

http://i.imgur.com/aKP1rto.jpg

Looks nice:D

xROTx

PS. I am going to miss those... "Where iz ze parzel Postz:("

GadgetUK
12-20-2016, 04:05 AM

Excellent!!!! Looking forward to a vid =D

Slangeug
12-20-2016, 04:11 AM
I apologize if this has been covered, but I live in the U.S. and I ordered my NeoSD cart a week ago. If anyone could tell me approximately how long the wait is before an order arrives, I would greatly appreciate it. I can't wait to start playing! Thanks in advance.

neosd
12-20-2016, 04:21 AM
I apologize if this has been covered, but I live in the U.S. and I ordered my NeoSD cart a week ago. If anyone could tell me approximately how long the wait is before an order arrives, I would greatly appreciate it. I can't wait to start playing! Thanks in advance.

Hello,

We will get the new batch this week and shipment will be next week.

Thanks

WNivek
12-20-2016, 10:02 AM

I'm on the east coast, and from the date mine shipped out, it took about four weeks to arrive. That said, your experience may differ.

Black_Tiger
12-20-2016, 06:30 PM
Got my neosd today in Canada. :)

I originally planned to wait for the official shell to try it out, but since they're going to take a while longer, I'm going to modify a spare shell I've been saving. I sold most of my carts to pay for this, so I don't need that shell anymore. :p

neosd
12-21-2016, 10:36 AM
Hello Everyone,

We are considering about offer an UPS upgrade for shipments, this upgrade would cost 20 euros.
Shipping time to USA would be 1-2 days once we have stock, we dont want to rise the price more, but this upgrade may be something some of you have been asking us about.

We would like to hear your opinion about that.

Thanks

ginoscope
12-21-2016, 10:40 AM
Hello Everyone,

We are considering about offer an UPS upgrade for shipments, this upgrade would cost 20 euros.
Shipping time to USA would be 1-2 days once we have stock, we dont want to rise the price more, but this upgrade may be something some of you have asking us about.

Thanks

I am planning on ordering the AES cart in the new year and this option is something I would be willing to pay for.

Hasuki-san
12-21-2016, 10:48 AM
I am curious about how many pieces of this nice piece of work are already sold or how many pieces NeoSD needs to get his break-even point ? Maybe the constructor of this fabolous work is so generous to share his stats with us (or maybe a small hint) ;)

grandmascrack
12-21-2016, 10:57 AM
I'm on the east coast, and from the date mine shipped out, it took about four weeks to arrive. That said, your experience may differ.
What date does correos say it was shipped out for you? I'm heading to the post office this afternoon to see if they just have it sitting in the back (along with another package of mine that is also in the shipping void) just because I'm not sure if I should start getting concerned it was lost in the mail or something at this point...

(Not blaming you at all NeoSD, I totally understand all of the mail shizbang that goes down this time of the year + shipping from Europe)

::Edit:: Just for more info - Correos shows "Admitido" on 11/21 & "Salida de la Oficina Internacional de origen" on 12/4.

massimiliano
12-21-2016, 11:00 AM
What date does correos say it was shipped out for you? I'm heading to the post office this afternoon to see if they just have it sitting in the back (along with another package of mine that is also in the shipping void) just because I'm not sure if I should start getting concerned it was lost in the mail or something at this point...

(Not blaming you at all NeoSD, I totally understand all of the mail shizbang that goes down this time of the year + shipping from Europe)

THat's what happened to me indeed. Correos tracking never got updated past "processing" or something like that, and USPS tracking returned "cannot process this trackign from Spain".
I eventually called the Post Office, telling them the tracking and they simply told me it was on hold since days...
My advice is to not let too much time pass and call the post office, as by policy the package will have to be returned to sender after a certain mount of time!

neosd
12-21-2016, 11:02 AM
Hello,

We are not going to share this info, but even if we would share how many NEOSDs have been sold, this would not make sense at all.

We have decided to invest every single euro back into the next projects. Next project is something big aswel and will require a lot of resources. Resources include work hours, prototyping and other things, you cant quantify all with just money.

You cant think on the NEOSD break even, you have to think on Terraonion (the company that develops NEOSD) break even. So far, we are pretty far from the break even on Terraonion, but we were expecting that, this is part of the bussiness plan.

So resuming, no break even, we are still putting own resources on Terraonion, personal money and work time.

Thanks

I am curious about how many pieces of this nice piece of work are already sold or how many pieces NeoSD needs to get his break-even point ? Maybe the constructor of this fabolous work is so generous to share his stats with us (or maybe a small hint) ;)

WNivek
12-21-2016, 01:10 PM

::Edit:: Just for more info - Correos shows "Admitido" on 11/21 & "Salida de la Oficina Internacional de origen" on 12/4.
mine was accepted on the 21st, and dispatched from their international office on the 7th.

hyper
12-21-2016, 02:15 PM
neosd, UPS would be an excellent option

international u.s. post office service is incredibly slow

Niko
12-21-2016, 02:45 PM
neosd, UPS would be an excellent option

international u.s. post office service is incredibly slow

This, I'd gladly pay an extra 20euro for fast and reliable shipping.

Shipwreck_00
12-21-2016, 04:56 PM
Still waiting on mine...

neo-geo-mvs
12-22-2016, 10:06 AM
Still waiting on mine...

What is the point of this post? Just be patient...

Dahun72
12-22-2016, 03:58 PM
Don't forget it's Xmas and probably the worst time to send/receive anything in a timely manner.

theMot
12-23-2016, 03:01 AM
Hello,

We are not going to share this info, but even if we would share how many NEOSDs have been sold, this would not make sense at all.

We have decided to invest every single euro back into the next projects. Next project is something big aswel and will require a lot of resources. Resources include work hours, prototyping and other things, you cant quantify all with just money.

You cant think on the NEOSD break even, you have to think on Terraonion (the company that develops NEOSD) break even. So far, we are pretty far from the break even on Terraonion, but we were expecting that, this is part of the bussiness plan.

So resuming, no break even, we are still putting own resources on Terraonion, personal money and work time.

Thanks

Repro cps1 a board and cps1 multi pls.

poodude
12-23-2016, 07:11 PM
PGM multi would be pretty sick too.

glitch77
12-23-2016, 08:33 PM
Hello Everyone,

Shipping time to USA would be 1-2 days once we have stock, we dont want to rise the price more, but this upgrade may be something some of you have been asking us about.

Thanks

As I said in PM, I am waiting to order on this service.

Thanks!

Niko
12-23-2016, 09:11 PM
As I said in PM, I am waiting to order on this service.

Thanks!

Ditto,

I read Today that Stone Age Gamer is going to start carrying them too. So that might be the route they go.

benjiedude
12-23-2016, 10:02 PM
Ditto,

I read Today that Stone Age Gamer is going to start carrying them too. So that might be the route they go.

Saw this. That Deluxe version is gonna sock everyone's wallet in the nuts.

egg_sanwich
12-23-2016, 10:23 PM
Saw this. That Deluxe version is gonna sock everyone's wallet in the nuts.

What's in the deluxe version usually, just a fancy box?

benjiedude
12-23-2016, 10:56 PM
What's in the deluxe version usually, just a fancy box?

Pretty much. I know they had an exclusive black PCB on the Turbo ED but don't offer it anymore from what I've seen on the site. With the Neo SD having a shell, not sure what the added benefit would be ordering through SAG.

Neo SD...Can you at least give those of us who were early preorders of the AES version a jump on the rest with some faster shipping? Can you elaborate on how we'll know if we're in the first wave of orders shipped? I preordered the first day it was available. Will we get ours faster than the SAG preorders?

neosd
12-24-2016, 05:00 AM
Hello

Stone Age Gamer is going to distribute NEOSD, yes.

We haven´t anounced this cause we still dont have stock for them, and preorders go before aswel.

They will add his own packing, that means : we will sell them NEOSD AES and MVS (pcbs+shells). They will put theyr own artwork there, this is what premium edition means. Software, hardware and shells will be 100% the same.

About when : we still cant give info about that cause we don´t know, it deppends on a lot of things, factory is the first one and as today we still dont have shells in stock (blame December hollydays and christmas, this has ruined pretty much all of our plans on ALL sides).

We can asure you all that preorders will have NEOSD AES before.

About shipping :

Next week we will add UPS Express shipping upgrade option to the website.
This is going to be avaliable ONLY for AES orders.
Upgrade will cost 20 euros and will be sold as an article alone, so everyone that has ordered AES in USA will be able to receive NEOSD 2-3 days after we have stock.

Now it comes the bad part of the story :

We were going to have stock for MVS yesterday, unfortunally factory called, to tell us that they were out of time to process our order as we agreeded. We launched another MVS order the day the first MVS order was sold, this was more than 1,5 months ago if i dont remember bad, they said we would have this batch before they close the factory for christmass.

So, factory closed yesterday and will be closed until 9th January, they will process our order as soon as they come back.
To compensate you all, we will ship EVERY MVS by UPS at no extra charge, as soon as we get the stock.
This means :
If you bought MVS and was waiting for it, it would take 5 weeks from Spain to USA (not counting christmass postal overwork).
It will take 2-3 days to arrive usa once we have stock, so it should arrive faster than if we would have shipped it this week by correos.

We work hard everyday to have everyone happy with our products and service, unfortunally there are some things such as factory work that not only depends on us, that depends on theyr other customers delays/problems that are out of our controll

Thanks

benjiedude
12-24-2016, 05:51 AM
Hello

Stone Age Gamer is going to distribute NEOSD, yes.

We havenï½´t anounced this cause we still dont have stock for them, and preorders go before aswel.

They will add his own packing, that means : we will sell them NEOSD AES and MVS (pcbs+shells). They will put theyr own artwork there, this is what premium edition means. Software, hardware and shells will be 100% the same.

About when : we still cant give info about that cause we donï½´t know, it deppends on a lot of things, factory is the first one and as today we still dont have shells in stock (blame December hollydays and christmas, this has ruined pretty much all of our plans on ALL sides).

We can asure you all that preorders will have NEOSD AES before.

About shipping :

Upgrade will cost 20 euros and will be sold as an article alone, so everyone that has ordered AES in USA will be able to receive NEOSD 2-3 days after we have stock.

Now it comes the bad part of the story :

We were going to have stock for MVS yesterday, unfortunally factory called, to tell us that they were out of time to process our order as we agreeded. We launched another MVS order the day the first MVS order was sold, this was more than 1,5 months ago if i dont remember bad, they said we would have this batch before they close the factory for christmass.

So, factory closed yesterday and will be closed until 9th January, they will process our order as soon as they come back.
To compensate you all, we will ship EVERY MVS by UPS at no extra charge, as soon as we get the stock.
This means :
If you bought MVS and was waiting for it, it would take 5 weeks from Spain to USA (not counting christmass postal overwork).
It will take 2-3 days to arrive usa once we have stock, so it should arrive faster than if we would have shipped it this week by correos.

We work hard everyday to have everyone happy with our products and service, unfortunally there are some things such as factory work that not only depends on us, that depends on theyr other customers delays/problems that are out of our controll

Thanks

Thanks for answering some of my concerns. New Artwork and whatever fancy box they include is not enough of a better deal to go with SAG's version imo. Especially considering the extra cost and manufacturing delays. People who order through them probably won't see a Neo SD until mid 2017. Big fan of SAG, I just can't justify spending more than the cart already costs for the nice packaging and different artwork...Which may end up not being as good anyways.

Oh and I'm all over that upgrade option for postage to get my AES Neo SD faster btw.

xsq
12-24-2016, 06:00 AM
Don't beat yourselves up over this. Everyone who ordered should be aware that you are, however dedicated, just a small business, delays can happen (especially around this time of year). Try not to worry about it too much (especially because it was not your fault at all) and have yourselves happy holidays!

neosd
12-24-2016, 06:01 AM
Thanks for answering some of my concerns. New Artwork and whatever fancy box they include is not enough of a better deal to go with SAG's version imo. Especially considering the manufacturing delays. People who order through them probably won't see a Neo SD until mid 2017.

Hello,

Fact is that all our delays on boards manufacturing have been cause by one thing :

From middle of November to middle of Januray there are a lot of national party days in Spain.
People also used to get vacations here on christmas, so its the time factories tend to close and customers from those factories launch big orders cause they will not get any stock produced until January.
I would say that after January, factory normal production times will come back to whats usual, 4 weeks for an order. We just got one week delay on the first MVS order that we launched in late October.

So no, Stone Age Gamer will have stock much before that, our own preorders will go before any other order, this is for sure.

Don't beat yourselves up over this. Everyone who ordered should be aware that you are, however dedicated, just a small business, delays can happen (especially around this time of year). Try not to worry about it too much (especially because it was not your fault at all) and have yourselves happy holidays!

Honestly, the worst part about deliver a product is not spend time on fixing bugs, its to tell your customers you are not in time.

I can tell you that last wednesday i talked by phone with the owner of the factory and told me our MVS order would be ready yesterday.
They called us yesterday to tell us that, i preffered to rest and explain it today ratter than yesterday, those kind of things are the hardest things to tell and end stressing you.

Everyone that has worked on factoring knows what i am talking about, its just like to get a plane on the last hour of the day, you end getting all the delays from others planes, not yours. Factoring tends to be the same but any any hour.

Thanks

Razoola
12-24-2016, 06:08 AM
Your getting an outside distributer when you have your own site set up and running? It sounds like a very bad move to me.

neosd
12-24-2016, 06:16 AM
Your getting an outside distributer when you have your own site set up and running? It sounds like a very bad move to me.

Hello,

We want to give more options to our customers, theyr product is going to be different than ours, it will be sold at a higher price aswel.

Our goal since day one is to deliver more products than Neo Geo flashcart. So it makes sense on our long term bussiness plan.

If a customer wants a bare NEOSD (just cartridge with sticker) he can buy it from us, if the customer wants a NEOSD with case and artwork and is wiling to pay extra for that, he can buy it from Stone Age Gamer.

So yes, we want to offer more options to our customers.

Thanks

benjiedude
12-24-2016, 06:25 AM
Hello,

We want to give more options to our customers, theyr product is going to be different than ours, it will be sold at a higher price aswel.

Our goal since day one is to deliver more products than Neo Geo flashcart. So it makes sense on our long term bussiness plan.

If a customer wants a bare NEOSD (just cartridge with sticker) he can buy it from us, if the customer wants a NEOSD with case and artwork and is wiling to pay extra for that, he can buy it from Stone Age Gamer.

So yes, we want to offer more options to our customers.

Thanks

I'd have to agree. I personally have bought a deluxe version of the ED from SAG because I preferred a black PCB exclusive and the snazzy box. It cost me about an additional $60 for that option if I remember right. I look forward to seeing what SAG has planned for their deluxe Neo SD and think it is great that people have that option but it will surely be something that not too many people can afford. But damnit...I know I'll want it. :(

Razoola
12-24-2016, 06:31 AM
You are creating an uneeded price pressure on your product and giving up control of your 100% position to a third party, after a year maybe thats fine but so soon? It's your product and totally up to you of course. As soon as a dist has stock they cannot sell, prices drop regardless of the cost price, esp when they are competting with the makers own site. I guess you will have the agreements in place so they cannot undercut you?

I think your going to find these NeoGeo guys are very creative and will make thier own artworks regardless of the artwork you or another site makes to make something premier. There are places like southtown that users can get premium artwork printed and shock boxes etc.

neosd
12-24-2016, 06:45 AM
There is not going to be a price drop. This is part of the deal.

You are creating an uneeded price pressure on your product and giving up control of your 100% position to a third party, after a year maybe thats fine but so soon? It's your product and totally up to you of course. As soon as a dist has stock they cannot sell, prices drop regardless of the cost price, esp when they are competting with the makers own site. I guess you will have the agreements in place so they cannot undercut you?

I think your going to find these NeoGeo guys are very creative and will make thier own artworks regardless of the artwork you or another site makes to make something premier. There are places like southtown that users can get premium artwork printed and shock boxes etc.

cmoliveira
12-24-2016, 10:21 AM
About shipping :

Can us Canadians use this UPS Express shipping as well? Will the delivery time be comparable?

massimiliano
12-24-2016, 11:13 AM

I agree with Raz...not really a need for a company selling deluxe editions on top of a cheaper vanilla cart, but hey, I'm sure you have seen opportunities.

I would be more concerned about approaching the Japanese market... I think that's the other big buyers pool, and the risk is seeing flippers reselling on auctions (http://page14.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/s512005348) for profit, but also getting cease and desists letters if not properly advertised as a development tool... just curious, have you had orders from Japanese people (I mean, not westerns living in Japan) already?

Nostromo
12-24-2016, 01:07 PM
NeoSD any updates regarding the MVS cartridge shells? Thank you!

massimiliano
12-24-2016, 04:01 PM
...almost forgot to say...happy holidays to the NeoSD team!
take some rest, you greatly deserve it!

xsq
12-24-2016, 04:47 PM
...almost forgot to say...happy holidays to the NeoSD team!
take some rest, you greatly deserve it!
!!!

Yodd
12-24-2016, 09:47 PM
About shipping :

Will the same 20 Euro UPS shipping upgrade apply if you order a couple AES units? Or is it 20 Euro per unit ordered?

I plan to order an AES one either next week or the following week and another forum member who is local to me wanted to order one as well and we were going to combine our orders together.

So 2 AES flash carts = 20 Euro upgrade or 40?

neosd
12-25-2016, 04:15 AM
Hello

Can us Canadians use this UPS Express shipping as well? Will the delivery time be comparable?
Yes, same for Canada and Japan aswel

Will the same 20 Euro UPS shipping upgrade apply if you order a couple AES units? Or is it 20 Euro per unit ordered?

I plan to order an AES one either next week or the following week and another forum member who is local to me wanted to order one as well and we were going to combine our orders together.

So 2 AES flash carts = 20 Euro upgrade or 40?

20 euros per packet, not per unit

So yes, 2 AES flash carts = 20 Euro upgrade

Thanks

neosd
12-25-2016, 03:27 PM
Hello,

We have figured Metal Slug X protection, so its working without patching on last NeoSD firmware.

Now every single Neo Geo game works in NeoSD without patching.

This video shows unibios CRC check

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZGrH7Fle34

Happy Christmas.

Rot
12-25-2016, 03:29 PM
Hello,

We have figured Metal Slug X protection, so its working without patching on last NeoSD firmware.

This video shows unibios CRC check

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZGrH7Fle34

Happy Christmas.

T H A T . . . I S . . I M P R E S S I V E ! !

x R O T x

massimiliano
12-25-2016, 03:40 PM
wow

fille1976
12-25-2016, 04:26 PM
nice work

aha2940
12-25-2016, 04:50 PM
So, now there is a correctly decrypted rom for Metal Slug X? if so, will it be released and included in MAME?

neodev
12-25-2016, 04:57 PM
So, now there is a correctly decrypted rom for Metal Slug X? if so, will it be released and included in MAME?

You don't need a new rom. The current one is fine, and there is no encryption.
Mslugx was failing the crc check because the protection checks were patched by the neosd in order to bypass it, but now it's emulated in hardware and the patches aren't needed anymore, so it passes the crc check now.

Rot
12-25-2016, 04:57 PM

Aha pal...

I'm gonna stop this now... The MS X that you can "find"... is the SAME one that people have been using for years... (SO NO need to release a new one...)

ALL thats happened... is that it is able to be played without patching the neosd firmware to overcome the encryption...

It's ALL happening now via the new firmware update... essentially... it now plays every game WITHOUT the need to be patched....

xROTx

aha2940
12-25-2016, 05:04 PM
Aha pal...

I'm gonna stop this now... The MS X that you can "find"... is the SAME one that people have been using for years... (SO NO need to release a new one...)

ALL thats happened... is that it is able to be played without patching the neosd firmware to overcome the encryption...

It's ALL happening now via the new firmware update... essentially... it now plays every game WITHOUT the need to be patched....

xROTx

Oh, I totally misunderstood the meaning of this. Thanks Rot.

xsq
12-25-2016, 05:55 PM
stunning!

Sceptre_JLRB
12-25-2016, 06:12 PM
This is totally IMPRESSIVE and unexpected (well, not so much, we were aware of NeoSD team's power... ;)!!!

I'm glad to contribute testing this new firmware update and so I proudly confirm the good news. Thank you NeoSD team for this excellent work, again!

Same ROM, the only change is that now it's not automatically patched "on-the-fly" upon being flashed, thanks to the new firmware update. Just a simple experiment to clarify this: Try flashing Metal Slug X BEFORE firmware updating and run the UniBIOS CRC32 check, which will show ROM Region as 'NG' (= No Good). Next, apply the new firmware update and once finished load the previously flashed Metal Slug X with 'Launch current game' option. When performing the UniBIOS CRC check, it'll still fail the ROM Region with an 'NG', since this is the previously patched game. Then, flash again Metal Slug X. Now it'll completely pass the UniBIOS CRC check, giving 'OK' for all ROMs, as they are no longer patched. :-)

hyper
12-25-2016, 07:42 PM
You don't need a new rom. The current one is fine, and there is no encryption.
Mslugx was failing the crc check because the protection checks were patched by the neosd in order to bypass it, but now it's emulated in hardware and the patches aren't needed anymore, so it passes the crc check now.nice

very nice

Razoola
12-26-2016, 01:43 AM
Nice one on Metal Slug X, don't forget there is still Super Bubble Pop that relies on a patch (thats not a SNK game though).

wingzrow
12-26-2016, 02:27 AM
Hope you don't mind me asking this here, but if I want to buy a NEOGEO just for this flashcard, what's my best option? I'm leaning towards Arcadeworks OMEGA console (their consoleized MVS), but what are my other options for something pre-built? Something that does RGB through scart is a must.

Can't wait to see this thing in action. MVS collecting just keeps getting more expensive, so hopefully this brings prices down a bit.

xsq
12-26-2016, 02:45 AM
Xian Xi/Jamma Nation X also builds awesome CMVS units - you should check with him whether you are lucky and he isn't fully booked.

wingzrow
12-26-2016, 02:59 AM
http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/jammax/store.html

"No items currently available in this category."

Boo, looks like he's all sold out. It's another option at least. Appreciate the tip.

Nostromo
12-26-2016, 06:01 AM
Xian Xi/Jamma Nation X also builds awesome CMVS units - you should check with him whether you are lucky and he isn't fully booked.

I got mine from him a couple of weeks ago. Works perfectly with my NeoSD and he is a really nice guy. Drop him a message :)

xsq
12-26-2016, 06:56 AM
Boo, looks like he's all sold out. It's another option at least. Appreciate the tip.
He makes them custom (and still it won't be necessarily more expansive than an omega). You will have to message him on here or via his website.

DaytimeDreamer
12-26-2016, 05:30 PM
I got mine from him a couple of weeks ago. Works perfectly with my NeoSD and he is a really nice guy. Drop him a message :)

Second this as well. I got a modified AES long time ago. Top job.

Gummy Bear
12-27-2016, 05:25 AM
Hope you don't mind me asking this here, but if I want to buy a NEOGEO just for this flashcard, what's my best option? I'm leaning towards Arcadeworks OMEGA console (their consoleized MVS), but what are my other options for something pre-built? Something that does RGB through scart is a must.

Can't wait to see this thing in action. MVS collecting just keeps getting more expensive, so hopefully this brings prices down a bit.

I have the Omega (well 2 of them actually) and it is a work of art.
RGB SCART w/ stereo fully supported out of the box and looks factory made. Couldn't be happier with it.

aha2940
12-27-2016, 08:36 AM
looks factory made. Couldn't be happier with it.

That's because they are factory-made (as opposed to home-made). Glad you enjoy them, I really liked mine before I sold it and fucking USPS lost/stole it. Fortunately they paid for it.

massimiliano
12-27-2016, 11:24 AM
Damn my mak strike is dead and I'm still refurbishing the cab... can't try the card!!

I may need to buy a control box..

wingzrow
12-28-2016, 12:08 AM
I have the Omega (well 2 of them actually) and it is a work of art.
RGB SCART w/ stereo fully supported out of the box and looks factory made. Couldn't be happier with it.

Completed listings on eBay show they sell for $750 (It's a net gain just to buy one), so build quality & price aren't an issue, I'm just worried about video quality. Is there any difference between an RGB scart setup through the Omega & running the same games through a supergun? Jamma-Nation hasn't gotten back to me yet.

Gummy Bear
12-28-2016, 02:01 AM
Completed listings on eBay show they sell for $750 (It's a net gain just to buy one), so build quality & price aren't an issue, I'm just worried about video quality. Is there any difference between an RGB scart setup through the Omega & running the same games through a supergun? Jamma-Nation hasn't gotten back to me yet.

No difference.
They both pull RGB straight from the board, there is no conversion involved.

GadgetUK
01-01-2017, 02:24 PM
Just a quick update here to show that 4 slots are working with the Neo SD. I thought I would share this in advance of my update video (which will come later, perhaps when the shells arrive).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEhGPNnoBSQ

Hats off to the Neo SD team - my last firmware update landed on christmas day!! No kidding, the 25th - it was the best XMAS present for me lol.

Running perfectly on the MV-1FZ boards I have and the 4 slot too.

Mods - I've posted this on this thread too because lots of new members will land on this thread and not just the support thread.

fille1976
01-01-2017, 03:57 PM
perfekt gadget,so it means they can now concentrate on make improvements.
main target was to solve first those problems with some boards.
exellent job neosd.

GadgetUK
01-01-2017, 05:17 PM
perfekt gadget,so it means they can now concentrate on make improvements.
main target was to solve first those problems with some boards.
exellent job neosd.
Yes, and to be fair I think they've already made some improvements - from what I've seen in test firmware. Metal Slug X native (decryption / protection in tact) support is great too! Hopefully they might roll it out soon, I guess they just want to make sure its good on different MVS boards. The testing takes time - a LOT of time. I can only imagine how much time they've spent testing on all the boards they have. A lot of these kind of things end up where you spend 90% of your time on 10% of the problems, or is that 99% of time on 1% of problems...

xsq
01-01-2017, 05:24 PM
very nice.
what could be next?

Yodd
01-02-2017, 11:05 AM
My review of the NEOSD is up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ES2piH8y0E

GadgetUK
01-02-2017, 12:40 PM

Great review =D

benjiedude
01-02-2017, 01:42 PM
I see that Neo SD updated the site to say that the AES version ships about 1/13/17. Haven't heard anything else about the option for faster shipping yet...Unless I missed it somewhere?

neosd
01-02-2017, 03:40 PM
Hello everyone,

Just an small update about shipment/shells/firmware updates

I have been at the plastics factory today.
They say they will have the mold ready for the injection tests (seccond injection tests) on 13th january. Once they do the injection tests they will give us samples again, if the samples are ok we will proced with the shell production. We wont rush this cause once you pay the mold and say its ok, you cant do changes anymore.

About PCBS : Factory will come back to work on 9th, they will produce MVS batch on 9th or 10th (thats what the factory boss told me last week), and AES in the following week.

So, if shells pass our quality test we should have all shorted pretty fast.

I would like to explain that if we dont change dates or if we dont update the status of the production, its just cause we dont have news, factories have been closed during christmas so during this period there are no news. Take in mind that a lot of people in Spain are on vacations until chirstmas ends (it ends 6th of january here, but its friday, so most of the people get back to work at 9th january.

Again, bad times for production ....

About UPS shipping : still no contract signed, we will have it shorted this week. We will let you know when its ready, still not ready.

About firmware update : we have been doing validation for the last 7 days, the last firmware we sent to GadgetUK is our final release candidate, we still havent found a single bug so we plan to release it before we ship the next batches (aes and mvs).

Thanks

fenikso
01-02-2017, 03:45 PM
Great stuff. Can't wait to try out the new firmware!

samaron
01-02-2017, 03:54 PM
Finally got my flash cartridge that I ordered in early November! Really happy, so got to work right away. Hacked an old crappy shell from a bootleg game to fit the circuit boards. Loaded up a 16gb SD card with ROMs (only missing burningfpa.zip, but not really a great loss), everything checks out okay with the validator.

However, I'm having some issues. I read that this thread is the official support, so I'm seeking some advice. When I try to boot my console, i get a distorted image. The degree of distortion changes everytime I power the console on. I have tried several things like attemting to get into any Universe BIOS menus (nothing responds), holding down start while booting, flipping the switch on my converter, cleaned the pins etc. I were careful to only handle the boards on the edges and not touch any exposed parts. I did verify that my converter is still working by inserting other games. Perhaps I'm doing a simple mistake somehow that I don't realize? Any suggestions? Or are the distorted images how it looks like with an incompatible system? I read that people have it working with the same converter I have, so hopefully that's not the case.

What I'm using:
100 volt transformer (japanese console)
Neo Geo AES (049000 range serial number) with standard joystick
Daedalus converter (bought July 2014)
Universe BIOS v3.2 chip (piggyback install)
RGB SCART cable

I also own a memory card, but the battery has died so it isn't functional. Would this be required for it to work? The BIOS seems to default to Europe as region and console mode.

Picture of what I get when powering on my console:
http://www.togstad.net:90/filer/bilder/neo-geo/gfx1.jpg
http://www.togstad.net:90/filer/bilder/neo-geo/gfx2.jpg

Rot
01-02-2017, 03:59 PM
@samaron...

Official Neosd Support Thread... (http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?269010-NEOSD-MVS-Support-thread-!&goto=newpost)

However, someone will be right along to have a small chat about your issues...

xROTx

PS... You may need better pictures man... so so dark...

fenikso
01-02-2017, 04:07 PM
Is there any chance you have the boards oriented wrong?

Edit: and no, you don't require a memory card for the NeoSD to funtion properly.

Rot
01-02-2017, 04:12 PM
@samaron...

About your Daedalus Convertor... (http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?268514-MVS-amp-AES-NEOSD-flash-card-AES-Version-ANNOUNCED-amp-AVAILABLE!!&p=4147976&viewfull=1#post4147976)

xROTx

neosd
01-02-2017, 04:15 PM
Yes, the front pcb with the neosd logo on it, should be looking to the tv.
Maybe he is plugging it on the opossite way

Is there any chance you have the boards oriented wrong?

Edit: and no, you don't require a memory card for the NeoSD to funtion properly.

samaron
01-02-2017, 04:44 PM
@samaron...

Official Neosd Support Thread... (http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?269010-NEOSD-MVS-Support-thread-!&goto=newpost)

However, someone will be right along to have a small chat about your issues...

xROTx

PS... You may need better pictures man... so so dark...

Woops, missed that one! So much for the first impression... I'll redirect over to that thread now! Further discussions about my woes will be there.

NeoCverA
01-02-2017, 08:10 PM
Is the Neosd designed to fit in a regular Mvs cart shell? I remember Jeff Kurtz had some prototype clear mvs replacement shells. I actually have like 5 of them. Just curious if the neosd would fit in one.

massimiliano
01-02-2017, 08:45 PM
Is the Neosd designed to fit in a regular Mvs cart shell? I remember Jeff Kurtz had some prototype clear mvs replacement shells. I actually have like 5 of them. Just curious if the neosd would fit in one.

Almost 99%, with original shells, you have to dremel the area near the SD slot even to just close the shell (I mean, even if you don;t want to drill a slot to insert/remove the card, the inner mold requires a bit of shaping)

lachlan
01-02-2017, 11:47 PM

Great video man.

oliverclaude
01-03-2017, 04:08 AM
Great video man.

Yeah, I was curious myself. Good stuff!

TotalMoop
01-03-2017, 05:06 AM
Such great work from the NEOSD/DEV Team. You have reinvigorated my NeoGeo needs and I cant wait to see what new features get added over time.
Keep up the fantastic work.
Interesting times ahead.
Just gotta sit back and wait for the knock at the door from Mr Postman :)

samaron
01-03-2017, 05:22 AM

As mentioned, you need to cut out a slot for the SD card. Here is what it looks like in my case. The boards fit in the shell really nicely.

http://www.togstad.net:90/filer/bilder/neo-geo/shell2.jpg

TotalMoop
01-03-2017, 06:08 AM
Is it a click lock SD card slot?

dkarDaGobert
01-03-2017, 06:40 AM
Is it a click lock SD card slot?

yes!

gozaimas
01-03-2017, 06:49 AM
Any advice on the best make/ model SD card to use for these? I'm guessing that some models have slightly quicker access rates, which might help reduce the flash time for the NeoSD? Any advice gratefully received!

xsq
01-03-2017, 08:28 AM
Any advice gratefully received!
read the thread... (http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?268514-MVS-amp-AES-NEOSD-flash-card-AES-Version-ANNOUNCED-amp-AVAILABLE!!&p=4140699&viewfull=1#post4140699) it will only make a small difference though.

TotalMoop
01-03-2017, 08:29 AM
Any advice on the best make/ model SD card to use for these? I'm guessing that some models have slightly quicker access rates, which might help reduce the flash time for the NeoSD? Any advice gratefully received!

From reading this thread end to end along with the Tech Thread, these seem to rate highly for speed along with the 16GB versions as well.
Samsung Memory 32GB Pro Plus
SanDisk Extreme Pro 32 GB

But with the news from the NEOSD Team regarding the increased performance of the Flash method... I'm not sure the price difference between these and a good class 10 will make a huge difference.
Maybe save you 20 seconds on the largest stuff.

Just my 2p's worth.

yoshi41
01-03-2017, 12:44 PM
@samaron...

About your Daedalus Convertor... (http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?268514-MVS-amp-AES-NEOSD-flash-card-AES-Version-ANNOUNCED-amp-AVAILABLE!!&p=4147976&viewfull=1#post4147976)

xROTx

BTW. Here's the updated converter post (for those with stock BIOS)...

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?268514-MVS-amp-AES-NEOSD-flash-card-AES-Version-ANNOUNCED-amp-AVAILABLE!!&p=4148026&viewfull=1#post4148026

Rot
01-03-2017, 12:55 PM
BTW. Here's the updated converter post (for those with stock BIOS)...

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?268514-MVS-amp-AES-NEOSD-flash-card-AES-Version-ANNOUNCED-amp-AVAILABLE!!&p=4148026&viewfull=1#post4148026

I'm not here to hold a n00bs hands (research... it yourself nubsters...)... infact... he's lucky I even cared enough to post...

xROTx

PS. Don't make the mistake I am some benevolent force here...

TheSegaDude
01-03-2017, 02:00 PM

Very nice review. Thanks for putting the effort in. I love the idea of filters for genre and favorites.

sr20det510
01-03-2017, 03:24 PM

Very nice review.

The flash time seems very manageable after watching the video.

I'd most likely flash the biggest game I play most often to have it ready to go. Then when I switch it shouldn't take as long.

Thanks!

Bunta714
01-03-2017, 04:22 PM
I got my NeoSD in California before Christmas, so I had a little time to play around with it over the holiday break.

I've tried it out on 3 different MV-1C boards (1 Omega system, 2 regular boards) and 1 MV-1B board. All boards have Unibios 3.3 installed and have been consolized to casing extents.
The NeoSD works great on all the boards and I'm extremely happy with it.

Thanks for all the hard work in making such a great product, NeoSD team!

Yodd
01-06-2017, 07:34 AM
Just put up a video on the new firmware for the NEOSD:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPflzWrxz7g

DaytimeDreamer
01-06-2017, 07:43 AM
Just put up a new video on the new firmware for the NEOSD:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPflzWrxz7g

Like wow!

And considering this is with a cheap 32GB SD card like you stated I'd imagine it might get even better with a faster one. What are the specs on the one you bought? Do you remember read and write speeds?

Lemony Vengeance
01-06-2017, 07:49 AM
thanks for these vids, Yodd. Great work :D

TotalMoop
01-06-2017, 07:50 AM
Good review again Yodd.. Thanks for the update.

Yodd
01-06-2017, 07:52 AM
It's a class 10 card.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/385299/32GB_microSDHC_Class_10_Flash_Memory_Card

JMKurtz
01-06-2017, 07:55 AM
Thanks for showing us what's coming :)

What did you use to capture the Neo's video? That video quality is very nice.

Jeff

Just put up a video on the new firmware for the NEOSD:

nornor1
01-06-2017, 08:09 AM
great follow up video Yodd. I cant wait for the new update.

Yodd
01-06-2017, 08:15 AM
Thanks for showing us what's coming :)

What did you use to capture the Neo's video? That video quality is very nice.

Jeff

The Neo is ran via rgb into the OSSC and then outputed via dvi to an elgato HD60.

neosd
01-06-2017, 08:18 AM
Hello,

We plan to release the firmware for everyone about next week.

Yodd asked us for it some time ago when we still were doing modifications, so we promissed him to send it once we had it validated.

There are a lot of changes on the firmware, we will do a changelog explaining those.

Thanks

Yodd
01-06-2017, 08:24 AM
Hello,

Yodd asked us for it some time ago when we still were doing modifications, so we promissed him to send it once we had it validated.

There are a lot of changes on the firmware, we will do a changelog explaining those.

Thanks

I hope releasing this video was ok.

A changelog would be great.

neosd
01-06-2017, 08:28 AM
np about that Yodd,

We dont ask anyone to make or not make videos :)

I just wanted to let the others know why you had it before (basically you asked about it some time ago )

Yes, we will add a changelog with the firmware, there are some things such as enter on test mode from menu (pushing start buttong on the launch last game) that are hard to notice without it.

It also adds mslugx correct protection emulation (not even mame has this)

Thanks

I hope releasing this video was ok.

A changelog would be great.

JMKurtz
01-06-2017, 09:01 AM
You gained a lot of information from MAME. Return the favor and make sure to share what you learned with them too.

It also adds mslugx correct protection emulation (not even mame has this)
Thanks

DaytimeDreamer
01-06-2017, 09:02 AM
It's a class 10 card.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/385299/32GB_microSDHC_Class_10_Flash_Memory_Card

That card has 10mb/s write speed. I wonder how a Sandisk 90MB/s would perform. Obviously not 8 times better but it would be interesting to see if the new firmware boosts the performance of faster SD cards even more.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Extreme-MicroSDHC-UHS-I-Memory/dp/B00Q4X8OLO/

The Neo is ran via rgb into the OSSC and then outputed via dvi to an elgato HD60.

HD60 is looking good. Did you use the bundled software to record the video? Great quality.

Hello,

Thanks

Thanks for the update and the changelog :)

neosd
01-06-2017, 09:06 AM
Hello,

Thats hard to realize what was before, the egg or the chicken ...

Mame got A LOT of free work from us before NEOSD, we never wanted to use this free work to sell more.

A part of the actual neogeo mame code is done by us, it would be pretty easy to tell that to rise sales. We never wanted something back for this work, this was done by the same reason we did NEOSD, we love the neogeo.

So yes, you can be sure that we will send mslugx code to mame and that we will keep contributing to MAME, cause we love it.
We will also send other corrections to mame, such ass fatal fury 2 protection that we found its bad implemented in MAME.

Thanks

You gained a lot of information from MAME. Return the favor and make sure to share what you learned with them too.

pixeljunkie
01-06-2017, 10:17 AM
Awesome video Yodd! Dammmit! I can't wait for mine to arrive.

Yodd
01-06-2017, 08:38 PM
@NEOSD

Might I suggest you update the NEOSD firmware to ignore files beginning with "." like hidden files?

Because when a Mac user copies the roms to the sd card, Mac OS automatically creates all those hidden . files that the user would normally not see.

And when you boot the SD card up on the NEOSD you get something like this:

http://i.imgur.com/taGcWvo.png

I realize your NEOSD tool is Windows only, but users might still copy the .neo files over to their sd card with a Mac. Or they might download a rom pack that already has all the files converted for them.

Yodd
01-06-2017, 08:46 PM
That card has 10mb/s write speed. I wonder how a Sandisk 90MB/s would perform. Obviously not 8 times better but it would be interesting to see if the new firmware boosts the performance of faster SD cards even more.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Extreme-MicroSDHC-UHS-I-Memory/dp/B00Q4X8OLO/

As a test I picked up a Sandisk Extreme Plus card today.

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Extreme-MicroSDHC-Adapter-SDSQXNE-032G-GN6MA/dp/B013CP5HCK/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1483756913&sr=8-6&keywords=sandisk+extreme+plus+32+gb

Here are the results:

http://i.imgur.com/cVlqAkb.png

Not terribly extreme. And the flash numbers weren't consistent with this card. Sometimes they were several seconds longer than the cheap micro sd card. Sometimes a little faster. One time when flashing Slug X the Sandisk card took 20 seconds longer than the cheap-o card.

So save your money on the mucho pricey cards. They aren't worth it.

HD60 is looking good. Did you use the bundled software to record the video? Great quality.

Yep.

manic23
01-07-2017, 02:11 AM
@NEOSD

Might I suggest you update the NEOSD firmware to ignore files beginning with "." like hidden files?

Because when a Mac user copies the roms to the sd card, Mac OS automatically creates all those hidden . files that the user would normally not see.

I realize your NEOSD tool is Windows only, but users might still copy the .neo files over to their sd card with a Mac. Or they might download a rom pack that already has all the files converted for them.

Yodd, why not try an application like Eject for Windows, http://www011.upp.so-net.ne.jp/decafish/EjectForWindows/EjectForWindowsE.html

This puts an icon on your Mac desktop that you can use to drag a volume over, this will automaticity delete all those annoying . files that OSX creates before ejecting the volume. Works great I have been using it for a while.

hitorkori
01-07-2017, 06:54 AM
Can anyone confirm if this works on Analogue CMVS please thanks

Dandan
01-07-2017, 06:59 AM
Can anyone confirm if this works on Analogue CMVS please thanks

Why would it not?
It uses a mv-1c, so yes it would work.

lachlan
01-07-2017, 07:12 AM
Why would it not?
It uses a mv-1c, so yes it would work.

How you wouldn't know that I have no idea, it wasn't fucking cheap!

neodev
01-07-2017, 07:22 AM
@NEOSD

http://i.imgur.com/taGcWvo.png

Thanks for reporting that. We'll skip names starting with . when scanning the filesystem, and also those msrked as hidden, just in case.

Also, we have found the issue that prevented 2 svc bootleg from working. It was an issue in NeoBuilder, so we'll release an updated one shortly, and also a new NeoValidator, as the current .neo files for svcboota and svcsplus will be marked as bad.

Yodd
01-07-2017, 08:38 AM
Excellent!

:buttrock:

Yodd
01-07-2017, 08:40 AM
Yodd, why not try an application like Eject for Windows, http://www011.upp.so-net.ne.jp/decafish/EjectForWindows/EjectForWindowsE.html

This puts an icon on your Mac desktop that you can use to drag a volume over, this will automaticity delete all those annoying . files that OSX creates before ejecting the volume. Works great I have been using it for a while.

Nice one, I'll certainly look into that.

hitorkori
01-07-2017, 09:46 AM
Cool when they have shells sorted I'm getting one 🙂Thx for reply

neosd
01-08-2017, 12:52 PM
Hello,

Small update on the stickers.

https://s27.postimg.org/3kv87vftv/Neo_SD_AES.jpg

https://s27.postimg.org/jkdvrfbvn/Neo_SD_MVS.jpg

Big thanks to Alien for the nice work

TotalMoop
01-08-2017, 01:03 PM
Liking the new Stickers.. I just cant wait for it to arrive now!

GadgetUK
01-08-2017, 01:03 PM
Hello,

https://s27.postimg.org/3kv87vftv/Neo_SD_AES.jpg

https://s27.postimg.org/jkdvrfbvn/Neo_SD_MVS.jpg

Fantastic, they look great! =D

Sceptre_JLRB
01-08-2017, 01:40 PM
Perfect! Excellent work, Alien & NeoSD team!

aku
01-08-2017, 02:05 PM
Hello,

mvs is perfect & i fckn love it

Black_Tiger
01-08-2017, 02:34 PM
Very nice, thanks for listening to feedback.

I'm very happy to see the gold on the MVS version. :)

Razoola
01-08-2017, 02:37 PM
Defo looking better. I still think the main NeoSD logo needs to be moved right and centered inside the tank like I mentioned before.

Sceptre_JLRB
01-08-2017, 02:42 PM
Defo looking better. I still think the main NeoSD logo needs to be moved right and centered inside the tank like I mentioned before.

That way it'll be even more perfect! ;-)

plx2016
01-08-2017, 06:03 PM
Hello,

Thanks

Hello neosd,

do you think it might be possible to add the option to exclude 3 or 4-button games? -
I was thinking about using the neosd MVS in my JAMMA Cab with only 3 buttons and that it might be useful
to have a suitable game list...

DaytimeDreamer
01-08-2017, 07:14 PM

Agree with this.

xsq
01-09-2017, 01:43 AM
The stickers really do look awesome. Great improvement. Will the stripes be gold foil or 'just' printed like in the previews?

But I have to agree with Raz about the logo placement. I think it's due to how the brain is wired that it looks off center when the shadow of the SV-001 (tank) is behind it, even though over all it is in the center of the label. Maybe if the tank was moved/enlarged it might work as well.

Razoola
01-09-2017, 02:41 AM
I don't think moving the tank to the left would fix the situation.

From my prospective the gold strip acts as a margin. So if I were to get into real detail I would say the tank needs to be moved right very slightly (so the wheel edges are equal distance from gold edge on the left and the right edge of the sticker (once cut to size). The large NeoSD logo the same (centered between the gold strip and right edge) so then it would be in the center of the bottom of the tank.

None of this applies to the top of the sticker given the neogeo graphic breaks the gold strip enough.

Its important when looking at the sticker to view it as two seperate peices. First the top part only (which is on the cart spine) while blanking out the bottom section. Then the bottom portion given its the front space (while blanking the top spine part out). I think I mentioned before to neosd its always good to print one off with a home printer just to see how it looks on a real cart from a layout prospective before making HQ stickers. Graphic wise the sticker is perfect I feel, its just the positions of the graphics on the sticker that needs tweeking.

One could also argue the MVS / AES identifiers on each label in the bottom right should be moved so the gaps from the bottom of the sticker and the right edge are always equal distances. If you look you'll see the AES logo is closer to the right edge but the MVS is closer to the bottom edge. The same should happen with the three art objects on the spine, it may already be correct but one needs to make sure all that art is centered vertically between sticker top edge (or top cart spine edge) and the cart bottom spine edge, depending which looks better. The NeoGeo logo on the left could also be enlarged slightly so it stands out more, either make it match the height of the NeoSD type identifier on the spine, or reduce the identifier on the spine (not the one on the front) to match the neogeo graphic height.

Gyrian
01-09-2017, 10:51 AM
What you're all discussing can be a bit difficult to visualize, so here's something I made that might help it a bit:

http://i.imgur.com/TLBAEgp.png

Black_Tiger
01-09-2017, 11:03 AM
That is very cool Gyrian, thanks a lot.

That mockup shows how the neosd logo works best overall how it is currently centred, in the middle of the label instead of between the margin of the stripes and the right edge.

benjiedude
01-09-2017, 11:08 AM
That is very cool Gyrian, thanks a lot.

That mockup shows how the neosd logo works best overall how it is currently centred, in the middle of the label instead of between the margin of the stripes and the right edge.

I'd have to agree. The mock up shows that the logo would be centered. The visual fluff on the left seems to be tricking our eyes! Will be cool to see what SAG's sticker looks like in comparison.

Gyrian
01-09-2017, 11:14 AM
The detail that stood out most to me when I made the image was the sticker's top. It appears a bit too close to the edges, rather than more centered over the top label area in the cart.

Razoola
01-09-2017, 11:28 AM
For me that mock up still shows the need for the logo to be centered as I suggested earlier. Your right about the top though Gyrian, that looks strange. That said its a computer mock up isnt it? It really needs to be a print out stuck onto a shell with sellotape to be sure.

alienpdx
01-09-2017, 12:02 PM
hi guys heres a new(er) mockup with the logo centered according to the line space (and slug tank)
edit" i moved the top part also a slight bit downwards for the top sticker part on the cart.

http://alien.untergrund.net/neosd-offcenter.png

u have to understand that im pretty much.. guessing about the top alignment as i have no single MVS cart in my house.

id love to see a mockup render of this one aswell! i think it looks great! thank u for that! <3

Razoola
01-09-2017, 12:04 PM
hi guys heres a new(er) mockup with the logo centered according to the line space (and slug tank)

u have to understand that im pretty much.. guessing about the top alignment as i have no single MVS cart in my house.

id love to see a mockup render of this one aswell! i think it looks great! thank u for that! <3

For me personally this one looks much better.

Fygee
01-09-2017, 12:07 PM
Looks great, outside of the small issues noted by the others.

One suggestion that I think would be cool. For the MVS label, have the color palette be red and white a la the Big Red cabinets, and have the AES label be like it is currently, black and gold. That way each variant will match the color schemes they're both best known for.

greatfunky
01-09-2017, 12:26 PM
Looks great, outside of the small issues noted by the others.

One suggestion that I think would be cool. For the MVS label, have the color palette be red and white a la the Big Red cabinets, and have the AES label be like it is currently, black and gold. That way each variant will match the color schemes they're both best known for.

Agree with that , or at least different color strips, just to make a more noticeable difference between aes and mvs.

Arcade Magician
01-09-2017, 01:37 PM
I DONT want to be a douchebag... I just wanna help and inspire.

Some logo alignment examples:

neosd
01-09-2017, 01:47 PM
Hello,

First of all, thanks for the coments about the stickers, we keep working on those. Next friday we should have another small run of preseries shells so we will try to take some pictures with the stickers printed and glued on those, it should be about next monday.

On a side note, could anyone with a Daedalus MVS to AES converter to contact us ? We would like to send him the new firmware to see it works fine.

Thanks

Razoola
01-10-2017, 02:27 AM
@Gyrian, can you do a new cart mock up with the new version alianpdx posted (below);

xsq
01-10-2017, 04:22 AM
edit" i moved the top part also a slight bit downwards for the top sticker part on the cart.

This looks great! Congratulations.
I too would like to see another mockup ;) But I guess it would be best for the NeoSD-Team to test it with one of their shell prototypes.
One question though: Why did you reposition the MVS logo and faded it into the tank? That looks strange to me, I think it was better in full white, above the graphics and in the bottom right corner...

The MVS shells the NeoSD-Team are having made will be styled/shaped much like homecarts (https://www.neosdstore.com/shop/index.php?id_product=1&controller=product&id_lang=1)... I don't think it would make much sense to have a red/white palette as the cart (shell) will be "alien" to the usual MVS experience anyhow...

Gyrian
01-10-2017, 06:40 AM
@Gyrian, can you do a new cart mock up with the new version alianpdx posted (below)

You bet, here it is:

http://imgur.com/YRRDNpz.png

I think the tweaks have paid off a great deal, it's looking much improved! The top of the sticker is more pleasing as centered now. The Neo-Geo & MVS emblems remain a bit tricky since they are so close to the edge, it would have be very carefully cut to work as intended (I think it's safer to allow for a touch more slack here).

Also, what the hell, since I was already at it. :)

http://imgur.com/sZMIdwb.png

http://imgur.com/JKczjmP.png

xsq
01-10-2017, 08:33 AM
You bet, here it is:
Thanks! Showcases the improvements nicely.

wingzrow
01-10-2017, 09:10 AM
Is there any reason to buy an AES over an omega console if I'm just using it for flashcards? I do want to collect MVS cartridges & play those, but other than that, they're functionally the same right? An AES with a flash card would play the entire MVS rom Library wouldn't it? Sorry for the stupid question. Knowing me I'm probably going to own an Omega AND an AES just for the few boxed AES cartridges I want.

aha2940
01-10-2017, 09:48 AM
Is there any reason to buy an AES over an omega console if I'm just using it for flashcards? I do want to collect MVS cartridges & play those, but other than that, they're functionally the same right? An AES with a flash card would play the entire MVS rom Library wouldn't it? Sorry for the stupid question. Knowing me I'm probably going to own an Omega AND an AES just for the few boxed AES cartridges I want.

The AES is way prettier than an MVS board (before consolizing), and buying a CMVS may be more expensive than getting an AES, not to mention that if you have no soldering skills (for consolizing), the AES is ready to go out of the box.

Neo Alec
01-10-2017, 12:39 PM
The AES has memory card support. The RGB output can be made good if it isn't. I would go AES.

yoshi41
01-10-2017, 03:03 PM
Hello,

On a side note, could anyone with a Daedalus MVS to AES converter to contact us ? We would like to send him the new firmware to see it works fine.

Thanks

Tested the new firmware 1.05 on AES with Unibios 3.1 + Daedalus converter.

Played a couple of games. They all work fine!

Don't know if you already finished your work on the UI.

However. Here's my feedback on a couple of minor things:

The single game auto scroll feature helps a lot. It would be also nice to have auto scroll for paging (left/right). But maybe with a slightly longer delay.

Wrapping around for single game scrolling (up/down) would be great. For example pressing up on the top of the list should scroll to the bottom.

I also noticed the filter options (hold button C) ORDER and HIDE BOOTLEGS are not saved.

Thanks again for this great flash card and the new firmware. :)

Razoola
01-10-2017, 03:27 PM

The single game auto scroll feature helps a lot. It would be also nice to have auto scroll for paging (left/right). But maybe with a slightly longer delay.

Wrapping around for single game scrolling (up/down) would be great. For example pressing up on the top of the list should scroll to the bottom.

I also noticed the filter options (hold button C) ORDER and HIDE BOOTLEGS are not saved.

Yea your right, I brought up those first two points in the first review I did also.

neodev
01-10-2017, 03:32 PM
Tested the new firmware 1.05 on AES with Unibios 3.1 + Daedalus converter.

Played a couple of games. They all work fine!

Don't know if you already finished your work on the UI.

Thanks for testing it. There have been a lot of internal changes and we wanted to make sure that it was still working at least with the converters that worked before. Also, it's possible that it works with stock bios now too (+ Daedalus), as there are some changes there, but we are not 100% sure. Can you check that? At least, it's still working as before :).

xsq
01-10-2017, 03:33 PM
The AES has memory card support.
some MVS boards can be modded to have memory card support, too (VMCs or card readers - the MV2s even have the reader on board).

yoshi41
01-10-2017, 04:27 PM
Thanks for testing it. There have been a lot of internal changes and we wanted to make sure that it was still working at least with the converters that worked before. Also, it's possible that it works with stock bios now too (+ Daedalus), as there are some changes there, but we are not 100% sure. Can you check that? At least, it's still working as before :).

Ok, this time AES with stock BIOS + Daedalus converter.

And I have good news. :) The menu works now without holding Start. Just the same as with Unibios.

Thanks!

Black_Tiger
01-10-2017, 04:32 PM

If you're intetested in buying carts down the road, then you'd be better off with the Omega. It also has a much sturdier body, includes game saving, unibios and has high quality s-video, component and RGB output. An AES would require mods to get the same video quality and options, as well as unibios.

I prefer the Omega because of the strong shell, streamlined AES aesthetic and how it looks with a cart in it. But if you have an attachment to AES then get what you'd like most. Either way, you can't go wrong, but an AES will require upgrades to get the most out of the hardware, unless you buy one with the work done already.

GadgetUK
01-10-2017, 05:10 PM

And I have good news. :) The menu works now without holding Start. Just the same as with Unibios.

Thanks!

Great stuff =D

hyper
01-10-2017, 08:40 PM
You bet, here it is:

http://imgur.com/YRRDNpz.png

I think the tweaks have paid off a great deal, it's looking much improved! The top of the sticker is more pleasing as centered now. The Neo-Geo & MVS emblems remain a bit tricky since they are so close to the edge, it would have be very carefully cut to work as intended (I think it's safer to allow for a touch more slack here).

Also, what the hell, since I was already at it. :)

http://imgur.com/sZMIdwb.png

http://imgur.com/JKczjmP.png:eye::eye:

Arcade Magician
01-10-2017, 09:48 PM
That's nice Gyrian! Thanks man! Actually I made a ton more...

Here:
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?242476-ArcadeMagician-s-Neo-Geo-CD-custom-spine-cards&p=4150728&viewfull=1#post4150728

The entire collection:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2NreMfw76mHNEl0WjFtOXpNdW8/view?usp=sharing

WNivek
01-10-2017, 10:05 PM
That's nice Gyrian! Thanks man! Actually I made a ton more...

Here:
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?242476-ArcadeMagician-s-Neo-Geo-CD-custom-spine-cards&p=4150728&viewfull=1#post4150728

The entire collection:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2N...ew?usp=sharing
The second link there has been truncated, and is thus non-functional.

Edit: Thanks for the fix. :)

Arcade Magician
01-10-2017, 10:13 PM
Now it's ok

wingzrow
01-10-2017, 10:13 PM
The unibios I understand, but what's this about having to mod the AES for better video quality? I thought it did RGB natively if I use a euro scart cable. In any case, I ended up buying an Omega earlier today. I'm sure it's well worth my money. Just have to settle on what controller I need. What's everyone's opinion on the best controller for someone who just bought a neo geo? The CD controller looks comfortable, but I hear it breaks easy & the button layout doesn't look ideal. This is probably the one thing I'm going to have the most trouble with. Even the kidney bean controllers are looking pricey these days.

neosd
01-11-2017, 06:32 AM
Hello,

We just got an email from a customer telling us that it works on the blue phantom-1 converter

hi,
the blue phantom-1 converter works without Problems with the aes. i have stock firmwares. please write this to neogeo Forum,thanks. i want Register in the Forum.

best regards,

Thanks

Thanks!

Niko
01-11-2017, 08:20 AM
Forgive me for my ignorance, but why are we worried about the MVS version working on AES via 3rd party converters? Especially when there is an AES version...

Rot
01-11-2017, 08:31 AM
Forgive me for my ignorance, but why are we worried about the MVS version working on AES via 3rd party converters? Especially when there is an AES version...

I sorta tend to agree with you... but I can also see that a lot of people brought this in the hope it would work with their AES setups as there was no AES version announced at the time...

If you can solve it via firmware updates... why not I say...

I know what you're saying Niko... but hell... if they can fix it as a team.. it just makes the device more attractive...

xROTx

PS... Don't forget... you can't play the AES version in an MVS setup... so it tends to make sense for people with both AES and MVS setups to use just one of the devices..