PDA

View Full Version : MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

DaytimeDreamer
11-11-2016, 03:38 AM
What people tend to forget is reliability though. Personally I always go with Sandisk cause I know in the long run they are worth it in terms of reliability.

I wouldn't try and save 5,10,15 bucks, euros or pounds with this. SD cards are pretty cheap regardless so why go cheap on them on the first place?

Nostromo
11-11-2016, 05:50 AM
What I mean is that I already have a SanDisk 16gb card, which I suspect is large enough to fit the complete Neo Geo library. Is it worth buying another one so that KOF2003 loads 15 seconds quicker? :)

DaytimeDreamer
11-11-2016, 06:00 AM
What I mean is that I already have a SanDisk 16gb card, which I suspect is large enough to fit the complete Neo Geo library. Is it worth buying another one so that KOF2003 loads 15 seconds quicker? :)

Well if you have one that's another matter entirely. Go with it and if you are happy with the loading times why bother?

All my SD cards are used in one way or another therefore I will be buying a new one which I believe is the case for most of the NeoSD owners.

Nostromo
11-11-2016, 06:04 AM
Well if you have one that's another matter entirely. Go with it and if you are happy with the loading times why bother?

All my SD cards are used in one way or another therefore I will be buying a new one which I believe is the case for most of the NeoSD owners.

Is the SD Card speed the only bottleneck?

fenikso
11-11-2016, 07:25 AM
Is the SD Card speed the only bottleneck?

That and the flash on the NeoSD can only be erased/flashed so fast. I just don't see it being a big deal, unless you are changing games out every few minutes.

aku
11-11-2016, 08:28 AM

of course!!

anyways - i hope that a few ppl in here have at least 2-3 mvs originals left. and i can ensure everyone on this world that multicarts (f.e. 120, 138, 160 in 1) still work after the release of the neosd!

grandmascrack
11-11-2016, 08:32 AM
of course!!

anyways - i hope that a few ppl in here have at least 2-3 mvs originals left. and i can ensure everyone on this world that multicarts (f.e. 120, 138, 160 in 1) still work after the release of the neosd!

I'm only selling off the MVS games that I don't have much attachment to and don't play much anymore. I'm for sure still holding on to the games I have sentimental feelings towards (you can pry my TSS cart from my cold, dead hands).

Rot
11-11-2016, 08:34 AM
(you can pry my TSS cart from my cold, dead hands).

It... can be arranged...

xROTx

PS. /makes grandasscrack an offer he can't refuse.. GODFATHER STYLE'Z!

BlackaneseNiNjA
11-11-2016, 09:24 AM
I'll sit this one out, but I hope this works well for those who are giving this a shot. Many have already made the jump to consolized mvs units as it is. The next logical step for that crowd would be to simply grab one of these and call it a day. It's basically the neo geo x concept, but sans the emulation taboo I suppose.

grandmascrack
11-11-2016, 02:07 PM
It... can be arranged...

xROTx

PS. /makes grandasscrack an offer he can't refuse.. GODFATHER STYLE'Z!

Razoola
11-11-2016, 02:10 PM
I have been given a new firmware update and build of the NeoBuilder tool.

First thing first though, I want to quickly mention about the firmware update process. It's really very simple indeed. You put the required firmware update file onto the SDcard, when you next enter the UI it will tell you it has detected a newer firmware and ask if you would like to update. A simple button press is all that's needed to start the process.

NeoBuilder

This has come a long way from the first version I tested apart from a small issue with it crashing sometimes which I guess is a memory leak. Simply running the same conversion command again allowed me to continue building the MAME sets from the point it crashed before. I have reported this glitch already.

The tool now converts all the MAME ROMs except two (kof10th and lasthope). Irritating Maze is converted correctly and so too is Dragons' Heaven. The screenshot option I suggested is also in, so is the creation of a conversion.log file. It also tells you about any missing Neo Geo MAME ROM sets from your chosen directory once the conversion is complete.

UI

Again, huge difference from first version I had! The UI is much better (see the screenshots neosd posted earlier). Not only that, it has improved game title page screenshots also. The game list still does not wrap though and while holding the joystick up/down does constantly scroll the list in that direction, you must tap the joystick left or right to page up or down. You cannot hold right for example and see the list jump more than one page. Maybe this is a good thing though. The NeoSD does now detects the UniBios though and forces its region and system setting to 'bios when found'. This was really needed and it's good to see it's added.

I have not had a chance to test the new converted bootleg games yet but I have quickly given 'Super Bubble Pop' a go as Jeff asked about it (and the NeoBuilder now converts this game). The game runs but is unplayable at the moment given inputs do not work. I suspect the cart protection is not yet implemented on the firmware side thus the joystick is locked out as that's part of the protection system.

As you can see, as the NeoSD release nears things are being cleaned up and improved. I suspect this will happen right up the point shipping starts and after.

All in all big improvements all around for the NeoBuilder and UI against the first versions I reviewed / tested.

Rot
11-11-2016, 02:15 PM

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/8b/8b26eba548924b1d6febe0b28729c308f98ce725028d94bc53 566c4b03067611.jpg

xROTx

PS. I know I know... I am spamming up the thread...

My apologies go to raz and neosd... but this is what I call... the "waiting phase..."... I just entertain myself until the REAL stuff starts...

When people start getting the product... that's when I earn my keep around here... UNTIL Then... I'll keep myself amused...

EDIT: And... YES.... I see Raz's new firmware review... and NO... it's still fun time for me:D

neosd
11-11-2016, 03:43 PM
Hello everyone,

Just some short news, monday-tuesday factory process will be finished, today the first process has sucefully finished and we have slot for monday at 7:00 am for the last process.

So expect shipments on thursday. Yes we said we will ship on 15th but we had 2 factory working days less cause 1st november national party.
We will get you guys updated with news on tuesday as soon as we got the batch, it may be on monday (factory said monday/tuesday), but honestly, we dont expect it on monday, so better count on tuesday.

So we are almost there, everything is really polished on the software side.

On the sales side, i can tell you that most of the batch is already sold, and i am not telling that to sell the rest of the batch, just to let everyone know that prolly next week we will be out of stock again for about 3 weeks. As soon as the stock goes out we will put the new shipment date on the webshop.

Lastly, we are really proud about the support we got everywhere, we are doing our best to deliver a perfect product and we really think its a 99% perfect product on shipping day, one without known bugs, one that customers will be happy with.
The rest of small pending things (support the remaining bootlegs that if i dont remember bad, are about 2 or 3 bootleg games right now) will be added by firmware update as soon as possible.

Also, i dont know if we talked about that, but EVERY CART IS GOING TO HAVE ITS OWN FIRMWARE UPDATE, so if you try a firmware from other NEOSD, IT WILL NOT WORK cause different encryption keys and other things .... (it will not damage NEOSD, it will just will give an error trying to update).

Customers will have to register on the download section to donwload firmware updates, we have developed a web app to handle that, its going to be pretty easy, just register you NEOSD with the serial number you can find both on NEOSD menu and on a sticker at both boards. And you will have there every download for your product.

I hope you guys understand that, we are going to protect our hard work, this product is not a hobbylist device designed by newies.

Thanks !!!

Rot
11-11-2016, 03:46 PM
Hello everyone,

Just some short news, monday-tuesday factory process will be finished, today the first process has sucefully finished and we have slot for monday at 7:00 am for the last process.

So expect shipments on thursday. Yes we said we will ship on 15th but we had 2 factory working days less cause 1st november national party.
We will get you guys updated with news on tuesday as soon as we got the batch, it may be on monday (factory said monday/tuesday), but honestly, we dont expect it on monday, so better count on tuesday.

On the sales side, i can tell you that most of the batch is already sold, and i am not telling that to sell the rest of the batch, just to let everyone know that prolly next week we will be out of stock again for about 3 weeks. As soon as the stock goes out we will put the new shipment date on the webshop.

Lastly, we are really proud about the support we got everywhere, we are doing our best to deliver a perfect product and we really think its a 99% perfect product on shipping day, one without known bugs, one that customers will be happy with.
The rest of small pending things (support the remaining bootlegs that if i dont remember bad, are about 2 or 3 bootleg games right now) will be added by firmware update as soon as possible.

Also, i dont know if we talked about that, but EVERY CART IS GOING TO HAVE ITS OWN FIRMWARE UPDATE, so if you try a firmware from other NEOSD, IT WILL NOT WORK cause different encryption keys and other things .... (it will not damage NEOSD, it will just will give an error trying to update).

Customers will have to register on the download section to donwload firmware updates, we have developed a web app to handle that, its going to be pretty easy, just register you NEOSD with the serial number you can find both on NEOSD menu and on a sticker at both boards. And you will have there every download for your product.

I hope you guys understand that, we are going to protect our hard work, this product is not a hobbylist device designed by newies.

Thanks !!!

Thank You for keeping the forum informed... That's a nice step...

Only takes a minute but it helps...

xROTx

Adderall
11-11-2016, 07:51 PM
How will transfer work if the cart is sold between people?
Will the seller have to release their serial # on the site to allow the buyer to register it?

poodude
11-11-2016, 08:20 PM
Is the NeoSD download section down? I'm entering my username/pass and it keeps saying "Invalid credentials." They are not invalid. You really need to have a password reset, if someone forgets their password they are screwed. You should not have to login for support if your support is the password doesn't work. Any web shop needs at a minimum a contact email address.

poodude
11-11-2016, 08:25 PM
Also, once you're already logged into your account you shouldn't have to log into the the download section. Should just be using the same user session.:confused:

Razoola
11-12-2016, 01:38 AM
From how I understood what neosd said in the forum already, download of the tool is not going to be available until the day the neosd's are shipped.

fenikso
11-12-2016, 01:39 AM
Is the NeoSD download section down? I'm entering my username/pass and it keeps saying "Invalid credentials." They are not invalid. You really need to have a password reset, if someone forgets their password they are screwed. You should not have to login for support if your support is the password doesn't work. Any web shop needs at a minimum a contact email address.

I'm pretty sure that that portion of the website is not due to go 'live' until they ship carts in a few days. I think that the reason for that is to give everyone the latest version of the firmware and/or conversion software at the last possible second, to make sure it's up to date. Just to be sure, I tried to login as well and it was a no go for me.

Edit: Raz beat me to it.

neosd
11-12-2016, 02:25 AM
How will transfer work if the cart is sold between people?
Will the seller have to release their serial # on the site to allow the buyer to register it?

Hello,

There is an option to remove the product (NEOSD) from your product list, so if you sell it, you will have to release it so other guy can add it to a new/different account.

Download section will be online next week (atleast we hope so, we still have to validate the web app). We will do that on the next two days after we ship the flashcarts, priority now is shipping.

Users will have to register on that section again, sorry for that but we are not importing emails from webshop to download app, we could do that but maybe people want to register there with a different email cause NEOSD was a gift to someone else, for example ...

If we cant have the download app validated next week, we will just upload the neotool to the server and will put a link on the webshop, dont worry about that, users will have neotool since day 1.

Thanks !

Nostromo
11-12-2016, 02:44 AM
NeoSD: I suspect the app being bound to each individual cartridge is to allow the release of commercial ROMs in the near future (such as NG:DV). Correct? :)

neosd
11-12-2016, 02:53 AM
NeoSD: I suspect the app being bound to each individual cartridge is to allow the release of commercial ROMs in the near future (such as NG:DV). Correct? :)
Hello,

Conversion tool is not individual for each cart, MAME roms converted with the tool will run on any NEOSD. Users will be able to share theyr converted roms with the rest of the users.

Developers interested on distribute DRM games, those that will only run on a specific NEOSD cart, will have to contact us, so we can provide the requiered info/tools to distribute those protected games. There is more than encryption layer on this NEOSD function.

Thanks !

Nostromo
11-12-2016, 03:16 AM
This is great thanks. Hopefully this will mean more devs will get on board :)

GadgetUK
11-12-2016, 04:11 AM
Great updates from Neo SD and Raz =D Does the Crouching Pony Hidden Dragon ROM work on this (I think its a demo ROM - I am not sure, not sure where I found it either, but the C ROMS are 32Mb each in size or something).

Razoola
11-12-2016, 04:22 AM
No idea on that sorry, I don't think there was a demo ever released that actually worked on a Neo Geo. From memory it was a stand alone exe which was the game and emulator together. It was a long time ago.

I can tell you that the 'Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon' kof hack works though.

neo-geo-mvs
11-12-2016, 12:21 PM
How about just a pixelated picture of me?

xROTx

PS... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/rotphungte/DSCF3670_zps9114cb45.jpg

This is where it's AT!!!!!

haha :D

Nice work neosd :D

aku
11-12-2016, 02:02 PM
rot can kill a grizzly bear with one single bitch slap.

Juju_37700
11-12-2016, 10:21 PM
Hello everyone,

Thanks !!!

Cool. Looks great. :)

manic23
11-13-2016, 03:55 AM
@NeoSD: Sorry to post here on the open thread but as I am a newbie here (only 1 post) I am not allowed to PM you.

I ordered the shell as well as the main NeoSD as I did not know about the free shell promotion. Please can you let me know how/if I have get a refund on the shell?

Order Number: TLRTKFFQV

Many thanks.

neosd
11-13-2016, 04:07 AM
Hello,

Allows us to refund you the shell if thats ok for you.
I wonder how you managed to purchase it, we configured the shop so it was not possible to purchase it.

Thanks !

EDIT : Refund sent !!

@NeoSD: Sorry to post here on the open thread but as I am a newbie here (only 1 post) I am not allowed to PM you.

I ordered the shell as well as the main NeoSD as I did not know about the free shell promotion. Please can you let me know how/if I have get a refund on the shell?

Order Number: TLRTKFFQV

Many thanks.

Razoola
11-13-2016, 04:15 AM
There must be an issue on your webpage, its very easy to order the shell now. Its showing as instock with a warning of 'last items in stock'. I guess that warning was mistakenly placed on the shells and not the NeoSD?

neosd
11-13-2016, 04:29 AM
Hello Raz,

Just changed the stock to 0, there was one in stock. It should not be possible to order now.

Thanks !

There must be an issue on your webpage, its very easy to order the shell now. Its showing as instock with a warning of 'last items in stock'. I guess that warning was mistakenly placed on the shells and not the NeoSD?

Razoola
11-13-2016, 04:30 AM
Yup, its fixed now.

manic23
11-13-2016, 04:55 AM
Refund received, thanks very much for sorting that out so quickly neosd

GadgetUK
11-13-2016, 07:52 AM
BTW - what is wrong with KoF 10th - is it another game like Slug X that hasn't had protection understood yet?

GohanX
11-13-2016, 08:02 AM
It's a filthy romhack.

Razoola
11-13-2016, 08:07 AM
Its a bootleg that uses RAM to store tiles.

neosd
11-13-2016, 08:09 AM
BTW - what is wrong with KoF 10th - is it another game like Slug X that hasn't had protection understood yet?

Hello,

Its a matter of time and priorities, right now its on the to-do list.

Time is limited and there are a lot of things that take a lot of time time such testing, and others that seem small but are not.
You would be surprissed about the amount of time small things such as shipment takes, its not just put NEOSD in a box, print a label and go to postal office.

This week priority is : get the batch from the factory, do QA for each NEOSD (we will load the biggest game, check it works fine and erase it on EVERY NEOSD) pack it and ship it. We have a lot of preorders, so this is going to take a lot of time.

Thanks !

nio
11-13-2016, 08:27 AM
is there already some place where i can get a pre build set of files?

dkarDaGobert
11-13-2016, 09:00 AM
i don't think this is the right place to ask for illegal rom-downloads.

Rot
11-13-2016, 09:05 AM
is there already some place where i can get a pre build set of files?

PULEASE!... If you had read the thread.... You would realise that I do NOT like the "linking... asking... or other stuffs.." about Roms that would potentially get the Board into trouble..

^ What he said...

xROTx

GadgetUK
11-13-2016, 09:15 AM
Thanks all! I wasn't aware it was a boot! No worries then because I honestly don't care about boots at all!

It's a filthy romhack.

Its a bootleg that uses RAM to store tiles.

Hello,

Its a matter of time and priorities, right now its on the to-do list.

Time is limited and there are a lot of things that take a lot of time time such testing, and others that seem small but are not.
You would be surprissed about the amount of time small things such as shipment takes, its not just put NEOSD in a box, print a label and go to postal office.

This week priority is : get the batch from the factory, do QA for each NEOSD (we will load the biggest game, check it works fine and erase it on EVERY NEOSD) pack it and ship it. We have a lot of preorders, so this is going to take a lot of time.

Thanks !

neosd
11-13-2016, 09:26 AM
Hello,

Yes its a bootleg, as Raz said it uses tiles on RAM. We still have to see if we can get it working.

Thanks !!

Thanks all! I wasn't aware it was a boot! No worries then because I honestly don't care about boots at all!

Rot
11-13-2016, 10:27 AM
Hello,

Yes its a bootleg, as Raz said it uses tiles on RAM. We still have to see if we can get it working.

Thanks !!

OK OK...

I have spoken to neosd... We ALL know this is an impressive piece of hardware... and neosd has been great in answering all your questions...

I am now of the mind that we are getting very close to having this thread closed down... due to let's say... "Copyright issues..."...

This is a warning that I cannot keep the wolves at bay if you keep mentioning certain aspects of the Romz issues... I have a function to perform on the site...

xROTx

PS. ALL hardware talk will be allowed... but the romz situ will need to be addressed... my advice is wait until you get the product and you can resolve those issues "away from this thread..."... GOT IT!

FAT$TACKS
11-14-2016, 05:06 PM

That's right! No free roms here. If someone wants them you have to get them the old fashion way PAY.

http://www.neostore.com/Multigame-161-in-1-English-AES-p/1339.htm

fenikso
11-14-2016, 05:13 PM
That's right! No free roms here. If someone wants them you have to get them the old fashion way PAY.

Factory Sealed, folks, NO INSERTION MARKS!!!!

Speed3
11-14-2016, 06:06 PM
https://youtu.be/d9emN9Y5LTs

NEOSD getting some love on the CU Podcast.

Rot
11-15-2016, 03:07 AM

LMAO.. silly Fatty_attacks:D

Anyway... I can't control what Shawn does in his own business man... just what happens here...

He needs a haircut... mmhh... AES version;)

xROTx

F4U57
11-15-2016, 03:11 AM

Cheers. I'll watch that later.

lifeknot
11-15-2016, 03:18 AM
Nice work neosd, i just do not understand why you choose the mvs version and not the aes. Are you planning to release an aes version?

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Rot
11-15-2016, 03:21 AM
Nice work neosd, i just do not understand why you choose the mvs version and not the aes. Are you planning to release an aes version?

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

From what I understand... the MVS version is simpler... and faster to get working..

For the AES version you need a slightly different eprom set.. it can be done.. it just takes a bit longer..

xROTx

QUICK EDIT: From a business point of view you should effectively release the product you can get out first.. seeing as there was potentially a "competing" product out there...

The neosd has effectively cornered the market and if/when the AES version is released... I would suspect that they have conquered it...

It looks a VERY impressive piece of tech... and from my convos with Raz and neosd... there seems to be very few flaws left...

neosd
11-15-2016, 03:52 AM
Hello everyone,

Just a small news update to get you all informed.

Final factory process started yesterday, it will continue today and it will finish tomorrow morning.
So i will be at factory today again at 17:00, to supervise the process.
If everything goes on time, tomorrow we start QA, next is pack and ship.
We already have all shipping labels printed, for sales as today, and we will do the same for all the orders until shipping day.

Again, thanks for the great support you all are giving us, i myself have no words to describe how proud we are about that.

Thanks !

greatfunky
11-15-2016, 03:57 AM
I'd like to add that if the neosd work with mvs converters , the aes market will be partly conquered at the same time!

greatfunky
11-15-2016, 04:01 AM
Hello everyone,

Again, thanks for the great support you all are giving us, i myself have no words to describe how proud we are about that.

Thanks !

You're welcome, we also are proud to be in the early adopters !

manic23
11-15-2016, 04:32 AM
I would also like to thank you neosd for making this ridiculously awesome product, you have done the community proud. I know I am a newbie here with not many posts but I love the Neo Geo and this cart is a massive game changer (pardon the pun). I never thought I would ever see a working MVS flash cart.

You have been very patient answering questions and keeping us all updated on progress and also sorting out minor site issues like me ordering the case in error and giving me the refund.

I really hope this will be a major success for you and your company and I hope it makes you rich lol

I am literally counting down the days till I get this baby in the post!

ULTRA 4TH GEN
11-15-2016, 07:32 AM
Hello everyone,

Just a small news update to get you all informed.

Final factory process started yesterday,

Amazing work, congrats!

GadgetUK
11-15-2016, 09:08 AM
You're welcome, we also are proud to be in the early adopters !
Absolutely! I cannot wait to get mine now!!! As soon as it arrives I will get a YT video up (well, assuming I can convert my SD Card set)

**EDITED BY ROT...

PS. The Tool is getting better and better... just wait until final release lads...

Razoola
11-15-2016, 10:09 AM
I forgot to mention but I got another neobuilder and firmware update yesturday. Super Bubble Pop is now playable using a patch given protection is currently unknown.

Raz

NeoTurfMasta
11-15-2016, 10:14 AM
I forgot to mention but I got another neobuilder and firmware update yesturday. Super Bubble Pop is now playable using a patch given protection is currently unknown.

Raz

Thats good a bad. Good that it works, bad when people actually play it :)

Nostromo
11-15-2016, 11:14 AM
Is NeoBuilder still dos based? Or it got a GUI. Thanks!

Raz

Razoola
11-15-2016, 12:15 PM
Its command line based still.

Yodd
11-15-2016, 12:24 PM
I almost forgot about this.

Placed my order yesterday and did the bank wire today.

aku
11-15-2016, 02:44 PM
I almost forgot about this.

Placed my order yesterday and did the bank wire today.

Me too, but i placed my order 30 pages before...

edit: forgot two ;) ;) & i am really looking forward for this...

Rot
11-16-2016, 02:43 AM
Just a quickie...

ONCE people start getting the neosd... I am going to have a look at the tech forum... and if all goes well... I intend to have only ONE dedicated TECH thread for this device...

This will be left for feedback only...

xROTx

PS. n00bs.... I don't appreciate repeating myself... this concerns teh romz and so forth...

hyper
11-16-2016, 05:17 AM
thanks for the updates

vysethebold
11-16-2016, 08:34 AM
NeoSD: I just ordered my flash cart from you last night. Do I still qualify for a free shell for it?

hyper
11-16-2016, 09:50 AM
no. the shell is extra and will not be available for a few weeks. (still being manufactured)

Nostromo
11-16-2016, 09:55 AM
@hyper NeoSD said that all pre-orders will get a free shell :) - so I guess vysethebold was wondering if he gets one seeing that he pre-ordered quite late.

hyper
11-16-2016, 10:58 AM
neosd was in chat a few days ago:

the shell is [not free]

[costs money]

[will set u back a few dollars]

[still not free]

[sells for higher than $0]

will not be available for a few weeks and when it is the website will say "In Stock"

MattBlah
11-16-2016, 11:05 AM
neosd was in chat a few days ago:

the shell is [not free]

[costs money]

[will set u back a few dollars]

[still not free]

[sells for higher than $0]

will not be available for a few weeks and when it is the website will say "In Stock"

They've stated a couple of times here that a shell will be sent free of charge as a gift to people who pre-order.

vysethebold
11-16-2016, 11:07 AM
@hyper NeoSD said that all pre-orders will get a free shell :) - so I guess vysethebold was wondering if he gets one seeing that he pre-ordered quite late.

Yeah, I wasn't sure when "Pre-odering" ended and "Ordering" began.

hyper
11-16-2016, 11:11 AM
They've stated a couple of times here that a shell will be sent free of charge as a gift to people who pre-order.http://i.imgur.com/AMsPrLp.gif

vysethebold
11-16-2016, 11:31 AM
http://i.imgur.com/AMsPrLp.gif

Nice dude here. Ask a simple question and you get this junk.

Tripredacus
11-16-2016, 11:49 AM
Nice dude here. Ask a simple question and you get this junk.

He's just preparing you for when you post in other threads on this forum.

vysethebold
11-16-2016, 11:54 AM
He's just preparing you for when you post in other threads on this forum.

Beginning to think this is the kind of place where you only win if you don't post. Just like WarGames.

Nostromo
11-16-2016, 11:56 AM
Every preorder is going to get a free shell, so you dont need to pay for that.
Shells will be shipped as soon as we have stock, this should be first week of December. We will let you all know when we have stock.

Thanks !

hyper
11-16-2016, 12:21 PM
.THE SHELL IS NO LONGER FREE

this is not DarkSoft's barren wasteland of broken dreams and empty promises

send him our regards

schmosef
11-16-2016, 12:32 PM
Just found out about this awesome project earlier today. Super excited about this. It's motivated be to get my cab cleaned up and running again.

Fygee
11-16-2016, 12:34 PM
Beginning to think this is the kind of place where you only win if you don't post. Just like WarGames.

We're a bit less prone to causing global nuclear warfare, otherwise, welcome to Neo-Geo.com. ;) Best to just ignore those kinds of posts.

If NeoSD doesn't reply to your question here, I'd recommend shooting them a PM or asking if they're in chat.

Rot
11-16-2016, 12:49 PM
neosd is BUSY sorting out the pre-orders... he will be back after working FOURTEEN.... hours to answer your questions...

So relax...

I don't mind harmless fusntering but I do mind messing with a man's business for a troll... the questioning and subsequent funstering about shells could impact on the mans sales..

THINK before you post... or I will think for you... RED WAR ROOM STYLE...

xROTx

Yodd
11-16-2016, 12:56 PM
neosd is BUSY sorting out the pre-orders... he will be back after working FOURTEEN.... hours to answer your questions...

So relax...

I don't mind harmless fusntering but I do mind messing with a man's business for a troll... the questioning and subsequent funstering about shells could impact on the mans sales..

THINK before you post... or I will think for you... RED WAR ROOM STYLE...

xROTx

That's great and all, however the question of if the shells will be free or not was confusing. Since it's hard to determine when preordering ended. I ordered mine a couple days ago. Do I get a shell? I haven't the slightest idea. Clearer communications, preferably on the NeoSD store website, would go along further than some comment buried in a long thread or some random chat.

Rot
11-16-2016, 01:00 PM
That's great and all, however the question of if the shells will be free or not was confusing. Since it's hard to determine when preordering ended. I ordered mine a couple days ago. Do I get a shell? I haven't the slightest idea. Clearer communications, preferably on the NeoSD store website, would go along further than some comment buried in a long thread or some random chat.

neosd said he was tired of people asking for free stuff Yodd... and whilst in chat he did mention that he was going to stop giving away free shells..

SOME guys asked for a free neosd device for "favours" on their forum... I don't subscribe to such crap...

I will wait on what neosd says... as he might have changed his mind... or not...

xROTx

PS. He has been working 14-16 hours a day... recently... let's cut the man a break with the trolling...

Yodd
11-16-2016, 01:02 PM
neosd said he was tired of people asking for free stuff Yodd... and whilst in chat he did mention that he was going to stop giving away free shells..

SOME guys asked for a free neosd device for "favours" on their forum... I don't subscribe to such crap...

I will wait on what neosd says... as he might have changed his mind... or not...

xROTx

PS. He has been working 14-16 hours a day... recently... let's cut the man a break with the trolling...

I don't see chat as official communication.

Again, clearer communication to buyers and future buyers is necessary.

Rot
11-16-2016, 01:06 PM
I don't see chat as official communication.

Again, clearer communication to buyers and future buyers is necessary.

Sure... but the way I see it... neosd has been working solid in the factory for days... and I would EXPECT that people would understand they are trying to fulfil the pre-order...

I know he starts EARLY... reads the thread and does not get home again until LATE... I didn't want to make an issue of it but you guys are starting to act like children...

It's like when the bad weather a few years ago stopped people posting the games out... and some of you fucks started going apeshit...

I'd suggest some patience... and empathy at that point...

xROTx

PS. As for chat... yes... it's as official as it gets... I AM THERE...

Yodd
11-16-2016, 01:12 PM
I didn't want to make an issue of it but you guys are starting to act like children...

I hope you aren't calling me a child just because I (along with apparently a couple others) am confused as to whether or not a shell is included.

Rot
11-16-2016, 01:16 PM
I hope you aren't calling me a child just because I (along with apparently a couple others) am confused as to whether or not a shell is included.

Nope... i am referring to some of the n00bs and that dumbass troll Hyper atm...

As I said Yodd... neosd has mentioned he is stopping the free shell... however... that was a few days ago...

Hence... I would wait until neosd comes in to reply... as we have talked about not selling the shell seperately...

xROTx

Mendel
11-16-2016, 01:18 PM
Apparently yes - I was a bit annoyed as well btw (I've already bought Last Hope on MVS) but if you think about it its a good move as it might allow NGDEV to release games for sale that work on the Neo SD. The Neo SD team already said that they can 'sign' games to work only on individual carts, so NGDEV could sell Last Hope, Gunlord, Neo XYX, Razion, etc at a reasonable price and sell more in volume. I know I would buy all the other games I don't have if I could play them on the Neo SD.

+1

I would not otherwise buy this flashcart thing otherwise but if there is a possibility of buying reasonably priced ngdev roms for it legally then that would be a convincing use case for me.

Tripredacus
11-16-2016, 01:39 PM

No problem! Just stay away from the market too.

neosd
11-16-2016, 03:47 PM
Hello everyone,

After 3 days of factory work, we have the batch almost ready.
Today factory has finished soldering, tomorrow they will make quality control and we will get the batch.
Once we get the batch, we will do our QA and we will start shipping,
We will do our best to get the batch shipped as soon as possible, sorry for the delays, but there are things we canīt rush such as QA.

We would like to share some pictures of PART of produced units, so you guys know how the final shipped boards look like (there are minor differences with the pictures on the webshop), NEOSD logo is printed on the pcbs and so

https://s4.postimg.org/px6dbmonx/b2_units.jpg
https://s4.postimg.org/nh4jxs6l9/image.jpg
https://s4.postimg.org/b3rpqvgwt/image.jpg
https://s4.postimg.org/5gvcteee5/image.jpg

We may have some delay on answering private messages and emails due extensive work, really sorry about that, i myself have been driving 400 kms every day to the factory, so please be patient, priority now is to get the batch tested and shipped.

On another side of the news, we got 2 boards from the batch today to test those prior we got the entire batch and both are working fine, so it seems we are not going to have any production issue.

About free shells : every preorder until shipping day will have free shell.
We havenīt announced that on the webshop, cause its not a promotion, its a gift, if this would be a promotion to get sales rised we would have announced it there.

Donīt worry about shells, everyone will be happy on that side.

Thanks !!!

Fygee
11-16-2016, 03:49 PM
Those are some might sexy pictures there.

Great work NeoSD!

Rot
11-16-2016, 03:50 PM
Thank you neosd man...

xROTx

PS. THERE lads... give the guy a break... geez...

Razoola
11-16-2016, 03:55 PM
Looking good!

Yodd
11-16-2016, 04:00 PM
Outstanding!

aku
11-16-2016, 04:22 PM

vysethebold
11-16-2016, 04:24 PM
@Neosd: Thank you for the gift!

Rot
11-16-2016, 04:26 PM
Neosd has told me... that you need to listen to this before you get your free shell.... (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ldW7V9zVao)

xROTx

hyper
11-16-2016, 04:33 PM
:buttrock::buttrock:

Rot
11-16-2016, 04:43 PM
OK OK... I'm giving up modding this thread... say hello to the new replacement:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/rotphungte/image1_zpstfl2swwu.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/rotphungte/image2_zpseje4n0qr.jpg

Shawn has approved his mod status...

Username... ModTeTehYung...

xROTx

greatfunky
11-16-2016, 05:11 PM
:lolz: Very cute moderator for sure .... i hope he will be tolerant with us !

Rot
11-16-2016, 05:13 PM
:lolz: Very cute moderator for sure .... i hope he will be tolerant with us !

JUSTICE WILL BE SWIFT!

... just as soon as he wakes up from his nap...

xROTx

WNivek
11-16-2016, 05:33 PM

xROTx

Cute kid. :)
He may be getting in over his head, though. :p

Rot
11-16-2016, 05:37 PM
Cute kid. :)
He may be getting in over his head, though. :p

He has me backing his cute ass up... he's gonna be FINE!

... let's admit it... he's prob more mature now than half our memberbase:p

xROTx

Fygee
11-16-2016, 06:23 PM
He has me backing his cute ass up... he's gonna be FINE!

... let's admit it... he's prob more mature now than half our memberbase:p

xROTx

I'd gauge it to be more around two thirds to be honest. ;)

Cute kid! Any relation to you?

poodude
11-16-2016, 09:42 PM
Has anyone thought about doing some laser cut stickers for the shell? How about a shockbox insert? It might be cool to have an "official" design that could be printed or professionally done.

goombakid
11-16-2016, 09:49 PM
JUSTICE WILL BE SWIFT!

... just as soon as he wakes up from his nap...

xROTx
And the diaper is changed. Very adorbs!

Back on topic: Those PCB pics are down right sexy. Great work, NeoSD!

neosd
11-17-2016, 01:06 AM
Hello,

We are going to make an official one, it will come with the shells and we hope we can send it with the free shells aswel.

Its on the to do list, we have a LOT of things on the todo list, so please, be patient. We may be able to get it shorted for the day we ship the shells, but right now we cant promisse we will be able to get it on time.

Also, as today we are on time for the shells, factory told us yesterday that we will have the first shell batch about 1st of December. As soon as we have more news, we will get you all informed.

Thanks !

Has anyone thought about doing some laser cut stickers for the shell? How about a shockbox insert? It might be cool to have an "official" design that could be printed or professionally done.

Rot
11-17-2016, 01:12 AM
Hello,

We are going to make an official one, it will come with the shells and we hope we can send it with the free shells aswel.

Its on the to do list, we have a LOT of things on the todo list, so please, be patient. We may be able to get it shorted for the day we ship the shells, but right now we cant promisse we will be able to get it on time.

Thanks !

Take a breather neosd man...

RELAX... focus on the IMPORTANT stuff... like getting the product out... all the other stuff is just unnecessary and can be done at a later date man...

You're running yourself into the ground atm... I appreciate this is an important thing for you... but as long as the product is good... you will find the forum is gonna be OK with not having fancy pictures on the friggin shell:D

xROTx

PS. You'll get better at this... First run is always the hardest:)

MattBlah
11-17-2016, 01:55 AM
Great work, NeoSD. Don't worry about the delay, I'm sure I speak for most here when I say we are happy to wait a little so you have time to get everything right and not have to rush.

Nostromo
11-17-2016, 02:12 AM
Hello,

Also, as today we are on time for the shells, factory told us yesterday that we will have the first shell batch about 1st of December. As soon as we have more news, we will get you all informed.

Thanks !

That's all great news. Now we wait :D

Mr. Sinister
11-17-2016, 07:50 AM
Hey NeoSD, this flash cart has definitely piqued my interest!! Any plans to accept Paypal payments? I tried contacting you through your store page (yes, I created an account), but it keep redirecting my to the log in page when I click the Support (and Downloads) tab.

MattBlah
11-17-2016, 08:45 AM
Hey NeoSD, this flash cart has definitely piqued my interest!! Any plans to accept Paypal payments? I tried contacting you through your store page (yes, I created an account), but it keep redirecting my to the log in page when I click the Support (and Downloads) tab.

To save NeoSD some time: They've said before that they haven't set up paypal yet because it would mean a higher price on the product to cover charges. Regarding the support and download tabs, these will not be opened until the product is released.

GohanX
11-17-2016, 08:57 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/rotphungte/image1_zpstfl2swwu.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/rotphungte/image2_zpseje4n0qr.jpg

xROTx

Your continued off topic posting in this thread will not be tolerated. You have been warned.

Razoola
11-17-2016, 09:34 AM
Quick update to let you guys know I have been passed a NeoBuilder conversion tool that makes the game conversion process easier given there is now a simple UI.

Yodd
11-17-2016, 09:46 AM
Very nice.

Also, as a side thought, would be great if the NeoSD opened up a platform for more homebrew Neo games.

X68
11-17-2016, 11:17 AM
Not wanting to look a gift horse in the mouth but I'd rather use a spare MVS shell I already have - any chance to lower the price rather than receive a shell (thanks anyway)?

Kid Panda
11-17-2016, 11:22 AM
Not wanting to look a gift horse in the mouth but I'd rather use a spare MVS shell I already have - any chance to lower the price rather than receive a shell (thanks anyway)?

The shell was free for preorders, the cost of the NeoSD was that price before they decided to offer the shell.

Mr. Sinister
11-17-2016, 12:18 PM
To save NeoSD some time: They've said before that they haven't set up paypal yet because it would mean a higher price on the product to cover charges. Regarding the support and download tabs, these will not be opened until the product is released.

Thanks for that. I'd happily pay a few extra bucks to use Paypal, fwiw.

Yodd
11-17-2016, 12:36 PM
To be honest, Paypal has some nasty presale/preorder policies.

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/brc/presale-policy-and-reserves

If you sell items in an online store (not eBay), you must guarantee delivery within 20 days from the date of purchase and make sure that the customer knows they are buying a presale item.

Before you can withdraw a payment, we may ask for documentation to validate that you will be able to deliver the customer's order within the specified timeline. We may ask for:

Information about your supplier such as a contract and/or their contact information

Proof of purchase from your supplier

Invoices

Shipping receipts

We ask for information about your supplier and invoices to verify that you have a product or service and we ask for shipping information to verify that you have shipped orders.

This is probably one of many reasons why this seller along with many other small projects won't take Paypal. Plus it seems paypal is even harsher on Euro folks when it comes to these kinds of things.

poodude
11-17-2016, 01:27 PM
Great to hear about the shell sticker. It's nice to have one unified design than everyone creating their own mostly crappy looking labels like it's been done with the everdrives.

hyper
11-17-2016, 02:15 PM
paypal is truly garbage now.. must worse than in the past (yes hard to imagine).

neosd
11-17-2016, 02:35 PM
Hello everyone,

We have the stock :)

Tomorrow we will start validating the units, packing and shipping. We are going to try to ship as much orders as possible on saturday, and end on monday if we canīt finish the work on saturday.

Take in mind that we need atleast 10 minutes for each NEOSD and there are a lot to process.

After we end with all orders as today, we will update the webshop with the exact remaining stock.

Donīt expect us tomorrow to answer emails/pms and questions here, we have a lot of work and we would love to get it all shorted before weekend, so we can take a rest atleast sunday.

We will get you all updated saturday.

Thanks !!

EDIT : Take in mind that this is the plan as today, something may show on shipment process and ruin our plans, just want to state that so if we cant ship on saturday you guys donīt get mad at us.

Yodd
11-17-2016, 02:57 PM
Totally looking forward to this.

http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif

Rot
11-17-2016, 03:24 PM
I have been re-reading this post... made by MENDEL... in reply to GadgetUK....

Apparently yes - I was a bit annoyed as well btw (I've already bought Last Hope on MVS) but if you think about it its a good move as it might allow NGDEV to release games for sale that work on the Neo SD. The Neo SD team already said that they can 'sign' games to work only on individual carts, so NGDEV could sell Last Hope, Gunlord, Neo XYX, Razion, etc at a reasonable price and sell more in volume. I know I would buy all the other games I don't have if I could play them on the Neo SD.

+1

I would not otherwise buy this flashcart thing otherwise but if there is a possibility of buying reasonably priced ngdev roms for it legally then that would be a convincing use case for me.

I was sleeping on it last night and I was in two minds whether Mendel was still in the "I left NG.com for other sites and now I am trying to find a away to slide some negativity into this thread'... Camp...

I have nothing against Mendel... but I don't appreciate members who actively leave for other sites... and then come back and pretend I didn't notice... THEN say they WON'T buy something...

You don't want to buy it... then don't ... just don't fucking post shit...

xROTx

PS. OH... I would be very careful about your comeback to this one Mendel... My advice would be to pretend you're busy and slink back to those other sites...

hyper
11-17-2016, 03:54 PM
I would be very careful about your comeback to this one Mendel... My advice would be to pretend you're busy and slink back to those other sites...
https://youtu.be/94bNyh6BBB0
94bNyh6BBB0

Yodd
11-17-2016, 05:26 PM
Rot: stop making drama up and dragging stuff into this thread that has zero relation to the discussion at hand.

If anyone should be banned from this thread, it's YOU.

hyper
11-17-2016, 06:00 PM
Rot: stop making drama up and dragging stuff into this thread that has zero relation to the discussion at hand.

If anyone should be banned from this thread, it's YOU.gonna miss u bro :(

Montatez
11-17-2016, 06:02 PM
gonna miss u bro :(

:lol:

Mendel
11-17-2016, 06:15 PM
I have been re-reading this post... made by MENDEL... in reply to GadgetUK....

I was sleeping on it last night and I was in two minds whether Mendel was still in the "I left NG.com for other sites and now I am trying to find a away to slide some negativity into this thread'... Camp...

I have nothing against Mendel... but I don't appreciate members who actively leave for other sites... and then come back and pretend I didn't notice... THEN say they WON'T buy something...

You don't want to buy it... then don't ... just don't fucking post shit...

xROTx

PS. OH... I would be very careful about your comeback to this one Mendel... My advice would be to pretend you're busy and slink back to those other sites...

I did not expect the Spanish inquisition!

I was trying to make a point like "oh, if there is a possibility of buying a flashcart and getting ngdev games for it in a way where I support them NGdev guys AND get the games cheaper AND its okay to everyone and jolly and legal and perhaps even cheaper than normal then count me in!" but my post came out more negative than I meant it. I did not previously think of this as a means of purchasing roms and the idea is new and interesting.

I have wanted an alternative means to get more NGdev games for a long time. I even backed their Nintendo kickstarter when they tried to make that happen. Dreamcast ports are okay but not ideal IMO.

GohanX
11-17-2016, 06:15 PM
NOBODY EXPECTED THE SPANISH INQUISITION!

TMOSteel
11-17-2016, 06:21 PM
NOBODY EXPECTED THE SPANISH INQUISITION!

Except the Spanish...

greatfunky
11-18-2016, 01:36 AM
I think we are more expecting the Spanish.....Neosd card for now ;)

Rot
11-18-2016, 03:05 AM
Heh... This project has been... let's say challenging to mod...

When I was told of the possibilty of it... I thought this is an AWESOME piece of hardware... I'd love it for the community here...

THEN... I realised I was prob not the perfect choice to handle the internal bickering of you nerds.. there was a LOT of history between me and Darksofts supporters... and a thread like this can potentially derail on a sixpence..

There are a LOT of factions internal and external with an interest in this project.... and Future neosd projects... let's admit it... this piece of hardware revolutionises the scene... and a LOT of people have been waiting for such a device to be made...

SO... my conclusions are this:

1. Great piece of Hardware...
2. Neosd has been VERY helpful and open about this to myself and you guys... (The SAME option I gave Darksoft was taken by neosd... which was... play ball.. or face an angry azn..)
3. ANY Darksoft supporters looking to derail this thread (and I know they are here....) will be looking at my face in the mirror... with a massive hook...

NOW we wait for postage of the items and first reviews by our memberbase...

It is EXCITING times for the scene and the potential this device holds... let's hope it can deliver...

xROTx

PS. I am tired... I need a break... but a promise is a promise... and I will be here until the dust settles and neosd feels comfortable with handling you crazy fucks by himself...

aku
11-18-2016, 06:01 AM
#justfacts

neosd had a working product before first ng post
neosd had youtube proofs before first ng post
neosd seemed to have the right ppl involved
neosd was extremely helpful to anwer every "normal user" question
neosd was extremely helpful in answering raz questions
neosd was extremely helpful in proofing lots of stuff via extra youtubevideos
neosd was extremely helpful with sending a free cart to raz
neosd did improvements based on "user" request (f.e. gui)
neosd did improvements based on razoolas expert opinion and suggestions
neosd promised the FREE SHELL for everyone who preordered (the next person that mentions free shell will get a punch in the face)
neosd was extremly helpful updating everyone with the current status of the product & the next steps
neosd has correctly estimated all dates so far

Nostromo
11-18-2016, 06:11 AM
#justfacts

neosd had a working product before first ng post
neosd had youtube proofs before first ng post
neosd seemed to have the right ppl involved
neosd was extremely helpful to anwer every "normal user" question
neosd was extremely helpful in answering raz questions
neosd was extremely helpful in proofing lots of stuff via extra youtubevideos
neosd was extremely helpful with sending a free cart to raz
neosd did improvements based on "user" request (f.e. gui)
neosd did improvements based on razoolas expert opinion and suggestions
neosd promised the FREE SHELL for everyone who preordered (the next person that mentions free shell will get a punch in the face)
neosd was extremly helpful updating everyone with the current status of the product & the next steps
neosd has correctly estimated all dates so far

:buttrock:

hyper
11-18-2016, 06:23 AM
http://i.imgur.com/r4xindi.gif

Mr. Sinister
11-18-2016, 07:22 AM
To be honest, Paypal has some nasty presale/preorder policies.

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/brc/presale-policy-and-reserves

This is probably one of many reasons why this seller along with many other small projects won't take Paypal. Plus it seems paypal is even harsher on Euro folks when it comes to these kinds of things.

Yeah, point taken. 20 days might be tough to meet with some International shipments.

neosd
11-18-2016, 07:52 PM
Hello everyone,

Today we have spent 20 hours working on the shipments, we have a lot done but there is still a huge lot waiting to be processed.

So, we are shipping :)

https://s11.postimg.org/e8apyywdf/neosd_shipping.png

Please be patient, we are doing our best, we will give tracking numbers once we have shipped all.

Thanks !!

Sceptre_JLRB
11-18-2016, 08:26 PM
Wow! Awe-inspiring, incredible good job, neosd!

As I can see... Mine is just the top one in the middle-right column! ;-)

Thank you very much for your efforts, your kind attention and these ultrahype-generating updates!
Just looking forward to receiving my unit and further instructions about NeoBuilder/NeoTool download... :-)

Yodd
11-18-2016, 09:01 PM
Damn, you guys are on the ball!

fenikso
11-18-2016, 09:20 PM
Sweet!

tcdev
11-18-2016, 09:56 PM
As I can see... Mine is just the top one in the middle-right column! ;-)
Normally I would have claimed it was actually mine, but my accountant still hasn't finished my books so I have no idea whether or not I'll be ordering one in the near future. Bummed that I have missed out on a shell though... maybe it's a sign that I should wait for the AES version! :smirk:

Neodogg
11-18-2016, 10:28 PM
Hello Panda Claus!

Rot
11-19-2016, 01:13 AM
OK.. all I want to know is...

Those are all mine... where's YOURS!!! Muhahahahahhahahahaha!

xROTx

Razoola
11-19-2016, 03:03 AM
Its looking good neosd, No dreams counting sheep but counting fluffy grey bags jumping fences instead? :)

I queried how they are packed as I suspect a few might be wondering from the picture if a cardboard box is used (I know I was). This is what neosd has just told me.

pcbs inside static bags, small buble warp outside the static bags + quick start guide printed on a paper+ invoice with a copy of the serial number on it (on a sticker). All inside a cardbox. Cardbox inside the plastic bag.

It sounds like they are well protected in those bags.

GadgetUK
11-19-2016, 03:15 AM
Awesome! Can't wait =D Great job guys!

dragonpt
11-19-2016, 12:25 PM
Hello everyone,

Today we have spent 20 hours working on the shipments, we have a lot done but there is still a huge lot waiting to be processed.

So, we are shipping :)

Please be patient, we are doing our best, we will give tracking numbers once we have shipped all.

Thanks !!

This is one awesome looking picture ;)

Nostromo
11-19-2016, 01:42 PM
Looks like a police drug haul :D

GadgetUK
11-19-2016, 01:53 PM
Looks like a police drug haul :D

Not sure which is most expensive kg for kg, coke or neo SD cart?! And which is more addictive - the neo geo I think!

Hello
11-19-2016, 08:38 PM
Does anyone know if these are coming from Spain? I have a couple of cousin s there that are interested.

Sceptre_JLRB
11-19-2016, 09:46 PM
Does anyone know if these are coming from Spain? I have a couple of cousin s there that are interested.

Yeah! For sure! It's a producto 100% espaņóh! ;-)

neosd
11-20-2016, 03:00 AM
Hello,

Designed/coded in Spain, produced in Spain.

Thanks !!

aku
11-20-2016, 04:11 AM
Hello,

Designed/coded in Spain, produced in Spain.

Thanks !!

only gui and logo design from the netherlands... ;)

Hello
11-20-2016, 04:40 AM
This has definitely been one of the nicest neo related surprises in a long Time.

Grendell
11-20-2016, 04:48 AM
hm , could someone desing a label for the shell ? or is there allready one

neosd
11-20-2016, 04:58 AM
only gui and logo design from the netherlands... ;)

This is 100% a fact !!!
Great design if you ask me, and greater designer. Most hilarious guy i ever met. So many funny moments over the years

hm , could someone desing a label for the shell ? or is there allready one

Alien^PDX is designing it.

Thanks !!

fille1976
11-20-2016, 03:22 PM
my neosd is shipped,got email with confirmation,cant wait to get my hands on it.

greatfunky
11-20-2016, 04:43 PM
Shipped for me too :buttrock:

vysethebold
11-20-2016, 05:03 PM
Mine's shipped, too! Looking forward to it!

aoiddr
11-20-2016, 05:04 PM
Mine is showing as shipped as well.

fenikso
11-20-2016, 05:11 PM
Mine, too, is showing as in transit.

GadgetUK
11-20-2016, 05:11 PM
Mine too!

Sceptre_JLRB
11-20-2016, 05:40 PM
Mine is in transit, too!
Hopefully I'll receive it in a couple of days. At last, the only advantage of living in Spain... ;D

massimiliano
11-20-2016, 06:06 PM
Same here. There is no link in the email , after "follow at this link:" (couldn't login on the web page yet)

Edit:

indeed, after loggin in I could see the correos tracking

neosd
11-21-2016, 01:00 AM
Hello everyone,

We are still packing/shipping, so if you dont have tracking, dont worry, you will have it really soon.

Every preorder will be shipped today/tomorrow.
We had to split the shipments in two days cause the big amount of orders.

Those things take a lot of time, so please be patient.

Thanks !!

Kid Panda
11-21-2016, 01:09 AM
How do we get the conversion tool?

neosd
11-21-2016, 02:00 AM
Hello,

In about two days, priority right now is to ship all orders, then we will enable the download section, if its not finished (download section) we will just upload the conversion tool to the server and put the link on the news page.

Thanks

How do we get the conversion tool?

manic23
11-21-2016, 03:48 AM
I also got my shipping email, I literally feel sick with excitement and I'm not even joking about that!

We all really appreciate your hard work in getting these posted neosd :)

Kid Panda
11-21-2016, 05:29 AM
Hello,

In about two days, priority right now is to ship all orders, then we will enable the download section, if its not finished (download section) we will just upload the conversion tool to the server and put the link on the news page.

Thanks

Cool beans! Can't wait!

neosd
11-21-2016, 10:25 AM
Hello everyone,

More news

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/index.php/2016/11/21/more-shipments-today-first-batch-is-sold-out-new-batch-in-3-weeks/

Thanks

Nostromo
11-21-2016, 10:49 AM
Big congrats to the NeoSD team! Can't wait to receive mine.

greatfunky
11-21-2016, 10:51 AM
Everything brilliantly carried out !:mr_t:

fille1976
11-21-2016, 10:54 AM
neosd,like you said before,everyone gets a case if preordered,but what about the sticker?
is it with sticker or can we buy it?

neosd
11-21-2016, 10:56 AM
neosd,like you said before,everyone gets a case if preordered,but what about the sticker?
is it with sticker or can we buy it?

Yes, as soon as we got those, but please, dont ask everyday about those.

Thanks !

fille1976
11-21-2016, 11:14 AM
no,thats fine.

Floob
11-21-2016, 11:15 AM
@neosd
Hi - thanks for all your time responding to everyones questions here. Now mine... :)
I purchased before the cut off here (earlier today): http://www.neosdstore.com/news/index.php/2016/11/21/more-shipments-today-first-batch-is-sold-out-new-batch-in-3-weeks/
does that mean I will get a shell with my order? Or do I need to pay an extra 20 Euro? I would prefer to wait if it means I can get/buy a shell with the order as opposed to getting the bare board.

LegoSlug
11-21-2016, 11:19 AM
Still need to place an order! Good to see that it all came together nicely.

neosd
11-21-2016, 11:19 AM
Hello,

Is your order number PJGGW* ?
If so, you are the last one getting the free shell. You shipment was going to be done tomorrow, but we may hold it 10-15 days so we ship it with the plastic case (free ofcourse), let us know what you decide, if we ship it tomorrow with the last shipment batch or not.

Thanks

@neosd
Hi - thanks for all your time responding to everyones questions here. Now mine... :)
I purchased before the cut off here (earlier today): http://www.neosdstore.com/news/index.php/2016/11/21/more-shipments-today-first-batch-is-sold-out-new-batch-in-3-weeks/
does that mean I will get a shell with my order? Or do I need to pay an extra 20 Euro? I would prefer to wait if it means I can get/buy a shell with the order as opposed to getting the bare board.

neosd
11-21-2016, 11:36 AM
Ok guys,

AES is comming ...

For now, we are not going to answer any AES questions, as soon as there is something to anounce we will do it as allways, we anounce AES just to give people the chance to decide to purchase MVS now or wait for AES ( no estimated shipping date so far)

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/index.php/2016/11/21/neosd-aes/

Thanks !

Razoola
11-21-2016, 11:40 AM
Ok guys,

AES is comming ...

For now, we are not going to answer any AES questions, as soon as there is something to anounce we will do it as allways, we anounce AES just to give people the chance to decide to purchase MVS now or wait for AES ( no estimated shipping date so far)

Thanks !

Excellent news! Not that I did not already guess from the shell pictures on your site mind ;)

Very good form :)

nornor1
11-21-2016, 11:47 AM
Christmas has come early this year :) Thanks NeoSD team!

pixeljunkie
11-21-2016, 11:53 AM
hhnnngggggg [starts saving money]

ginoscope
11-21-2016, 12:05 PM
Ok guys,

AES is comming ...

Thanks !

Thank you for this information this was the news I was waiting for. I am very happy to hear that you sold out the first batch.

Rot
11-21-2016, 12:08 PM
AES version... sounds like nerds wet dream in this thread atm...

xROTx

PS. Unless you're "He who must not be named..."...

Floob
11-21-2016, 12:43 PM
Hello,

Is your order number PJGGW* ?
If so, you are the last one getting the free shell. You shipment was going to be done tomorrow, but we may hold it 10-15 days so we ship it with the plastic case (free ofcourse), let us know what you decide, if we ship it tomorrow with the last shipment batch or not.

Thanks

Yes, thats my order number. Yes, please could you hold it so that I receive the free shell?
Thanks for your help.

neosd
11-21-2016, 12:45 PM
Yes, thats my order number. Yes, please could you hold it so that I receive the free shell?
Thanks for your help.

Ofcourse,

Count on that, but send us an email to contact@neosdst ..... from the email you have done the purchase please.

Thanks !!!

Floob
11-21-2016, 12:53 PM
Exactly. It looks to function well but Neo is all about presentation. We all want something that looks VERY polished. If UI can be changed easily then they need to address it if everything else works 100%. The UI screams NCI to me. Also if there was any way to add "scanlines" it might be a good feature to have, overlay maybe.

Is there any possibility of this type of built-in scanline option being possible?

DaytimeDreamer
11-21-2016, 01:28 PM
Ok guys,

AES is comming ...

Thanks !

Sweet! *starts saving money*

ronald0
11-21-2016, 02:52 PM
Excellent work, neosd! Very interesting product. Hopefully, this will attract more interest in homebrew development. Looking forward to the AES version.

nio
11-21-2016, 03:52 PM
Maybe I have missed it, but how many units were sold in the first batch? thanks.

Rot
11-21-2016, 03:57 PM
Maybe I have missed it, but how many units were sold in the first batch? thanks.

xROTx

nio
11-21-2016, 03:59 PM
haha, noway!

Rot
11-21-2016, 04:01 PM
haha, noway!

You're right... I lied...

So sue me...

xROTx

nio
11-21-2016, 04:04 PM
no, it was funny. i had to smile and i had a really hard day. so its good thing ...

still, i am interested how many were sold ... wanns know if i am one of 100 happy guys or 50 ... or maybe really 666 :-)

Rot
11-21-2016, 04:08 PM
no, it was funny. i had to smile and i had a really hard day. so its good thing ...

still, i am interested how many were sold ... wanns know if i am one of 100 happy guys or 50 ... or maybe really 666 :-)

Thats not really important nio man...

It's neosd's business... all I know is there will be no more MVS units for 3 weeks now... and the AES stuff needs to be tested and I am unsure when they will be available...

It's neosd's project... i'm only here to ensure the peace... and have a few lulz along the way...

xROTx

-SD-
11-21-2016, 04:21 PM
Looking forward to the AES version..... thanks for the confirmation it's in development neosd :buttrock::buttrock:

neosd
11-21-2016, 04:26 PM
Think that we are not the usual company.
We are more freaks tham some of you guys, we have to make money to keep creating, but at the end of the day everyone puts money where they want.

If Terraonion is a sucess as a company, it will be good for everyone, for us cause we will be able to keep doing things we want/love, for you guys cause you will have more products, some products that most people think are not possible to develop, or that not much people thought about it.

Terraonion is here to deliver magic, if i would be here as an user and not as interested part of the story, knowing what i know about our plans, i would be praying for this to be a sucess, and this is an honest answer guys, as the rest we have given here, not one saying : buy our stuff cause want to proffit, but with other words.

Thanks

tcdev
11-22-2016, 12:16 AM
Great to hear about the AES version... I came so close to pulling the trigger on the MVS version but still haven't gotten my finances finalised... a blessing in disguise for me but perhaps not good for MVS cart sales but I'll be holding out now and will be one of the 1st to order an AES cart! :buttrock:

I just hope all the early-adopters won't be pissed when you announce that the AES version is only half the cost - you know, 2nd generation product and all! :make_fac:

neosd
11-22-2016, 02:12 AM
Great to hear about the AES version... I came so close to pulling the trigger on the MVS version but still haven't gotten my finances finalised... a blessing in disguise for me but perhaps not good for MVS cart sales but I'll be holding out now and will be one of the 1st to order an AES cart! :buttrock:

I just hope all the early-adopters won't be pissed when you announce that the AES version is only half the cost - you know, 2nd generation product and all! :make_fac:

Hello,

No one is going to be pissed, a seccond generation is not comming, its the same product, but for AES.

Thanks

MattBlah
11-22-2016, 02:55 AM
Great news about the AES cart. I assumed it was coming, but maybe not so soon. I probably would have held on for that version, but I'm still happy I have the MVS version on the way.

SNK_Pro
11-22-2016, 03:00 AM
Well that's the big news, anyone want to buy a pile of AES games? :D ;)

DaytimeDreamer
11-22-2016, 03:18 AM
Well that's the big news, anyone want to buy a pile of AES games? :D ;)

Don't tempt me. Almost a half of my collection are your previously owned AES carts.

SNK_Pro
11-22-2016, 03:20 AM
Ha! Don't worry, I'm only joking. Well, mostly. :D

ULTRA 4TH GEN
11-22-2016, 03:22 AM
No doubt. I will save money for the AES version. Really nice news, man!

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Yes-Yes-Yes-WWE-Gif.gif

DaytimeDreamer
11-22-2016, 03:34 AM
Finally SSVS on the AES :D

tcdev
11-22-2016, 06:33 AM
No one is going to be pissed, a seccond generation is not comming, its the same product, but for AES.
I think you missed my [admittedly poor] attempt at humor here. I was implying that the AES version was going to be half the cost of the MVS one... ;)

Rot
11-22-2016, 08:23 AM
I think you missed my [admittedly poor] attempt at humor here. I was implying that the AES version was going to be half the cost of the MVS one... ;)

For an Australian... your humour is teh bobbin's:D

xROTx

lions3
11-22-2016, 09:23 AM
An AES version on it's way?! Please don't rush it out. I need time to save up some $$. lol

grandmascrack
11-22-2016, 10:01 AM
Oof, trying to track the package on the shipping company's website is a bit wonky. Took me a minute to realize the interface to enter the tracking number in to was being blocked by chrome.

aku
11-22-2016, 10:05 AM
Oof, trying to track the package on the shipping company's website is a bit wonky. Took me a minute to realize the interface to enter the tracking number in to was being blocked by chrome.

try aftership.com - i use the app on my mobile to track every package...

neosd
11-22-2016, 10:54 AM
Hello,

We have added the complete link for correos tracking to the webshop, it should work.
Please, let us know any issue related to this function.

Thanks !!!

try aftership.com - i use the app on my mobile to track every package...

neosd
11-22-2016, 12:51 PM
Hello everyone,

Neobuilder released.

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/index.php/2016/11/22/neobuilder-release/

Thanks

Floob
11-22-2016, 12:56 PM
Hello everyone,

Neobuilder released.

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/index.php/2016/11/22/neobuilder-release/

Thanks

Does it matter which MAME romset version is used as the source .zip?

Rot
11-22-2016, 12:59 PM
Does it matter which MAME romset version is used as the source .zip?

For ALL further queries about this sort of "Topic" please post in THIS Thread:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?269010-NEOSD-MVS-Support-thread-!

The tech guys look after that forum... and lets say... "I don't frequent it as often..."... UNDERSTAND!

xROTx

neosd
11-22-2016, 02:03 PM
Hello everyone,

What you guys think about this label design ?
Designer wants feedback.

Thanks !!

Razoola
11-22-2016, 02:10 PM
You have to take the 90 degree bend of the shell into account in the label design.

I have to be honest though, that somehow reminds me more of Atati 2600 than NeoGeo :) Is there any reason it does not follow the NeoSD title page graphic design?

I'm trying to imagine in my head how a sticker with so much white and little other color will look on an all white shell. It may not look right at all if there is to much white in the sticker with one other prime color only. If your going for limited colors in the sticker it may be better to use metallic colors given the white shell and the non picture sticker.

Rot
11-22-2016, 02:31 PM
Too much red... you need contrast in the man.. looks like a Baboons bum...

xROTx

Nostromo
11-22-2016, 02:38 PM
I would remove "MVS" - seeing it says Multi Video System underneath.

Also remove the exhaust coming out of the pipes, doesn't look good.

aku
11-22-2016, 04:50 PM
looks very professional, i like the "max infinite pro gear spec..." - reminds me a little bit of the "killzone" design :) - overall i prefer the oldschool logo a lot more, because its fckn awesome. that with a black background & SV-001 & some golden font would do the job for me, but...MVS & RED is not an unusual combination..

DaytimeDreamer
11-22-2016, 04:53 PM
I would remove "MVS" - seeing it says Multi Video System underneath.

Also remove the exhaust coming out of the pipes, doesn't look good.

You of all people should do one. You're a graphic designer for crying out loud! :P

Fygee
11-22-2016, 05:24 PM
Looks good, and I like the direction its going in. Nice touch in using red and white for the Big Red color combo.

I'd recommend formatting it for the fold over in the top of the label so that it looks clean and separated from the rest of the image. Also, I'd recommend using the same font for the the word MVS that's used on the Big Red cab.

Some ideas to consider outside of the Metal Slug tank: Classic Neo-Geo logo in red and white. G-Mantle in Red and White.

I'm not a graphic designer, but just some thoughts.

leonk
11-22-2016, 07:53 PM
Ok guys,

AES is comming ...

Thanks! I just shit my pants! Shut up and take my money already!!

Sceptre_JLRB
11-22-2016, 08:10 PM
It looks great, IMHO! Specially considering the final shell will be black. I'd only add the original metal silver NeoSD logo, as a major sign of identity. :)

poodude
11-22-2016, 09:46 PM
Label design is terrible, sorry. The Chinese multi-carts have better design and that's not saying much. The entire spirit and fanfare of the neogeo is placed upon its stylized art and design, and this is not representative of that. I would have expected full label art with the neosd logo. A classic character mural would look appropriate. "Max infinite pro-gear spec" sounds cheesy. Just trying to be honest.

nornor1
11-22-2016, 09:53 PM
Needs more Mai!

Black_Tiger
11-22-2016, 11:07 PM
The general idea of that label design could be alright if it's going to be printed on shiny metallic sticker paper and the white will just be clear.

But "MVS" should still be dropped, the "Multi Video System" band would need to be darker (black?) and the Metal Slug silhouette should be behind the bottom horizontal lines. Maybe if those lines were also black?

Even if it's not going to be printed on metallic paper, I think that a new color probably needs to be introduced to make it work.

Trying to fit the NeoSD logo inside the Metal Slug profile compromises it as the main product title and makes it feel like a minor detail.

Replacing the Metal Slug pic with something that works with a prominent NeoSD logo right across would probably be the best fix.

Nostromo
11-23-2016, 12:49 AM
You of all people should do one. You're a graphic designer for crying out loud! :P

It is impossible to please the entire Neo Geo crowd :) - it has to please NeoSD because it is his/their product. In fact when I do graphic design work for a client I refuse to deal with many people, but just one. Ideally you give him/her 3-5 designs to choose from and then move on from there.

Razoola
11-23-2016, 01:34 AM
It looks great, IMHO! Specially considering the final shell will be black. I'd only add the original metal silver NeoSD logo, as a major sign of identity. :)

Your right, I forgot the final shell is black and not white. I still not keen on the design though, for example I more see the NeoSD text should be more like the graphic in neosd's sig.

Jontox
11-23-2016, 01:35 AM
Just my 2 cents, your designer could have a look at some official AES cartridge labels pictures (as the shell is from the aes model) and identify common details that make them feel Neogeo genuine.

Then, he could try to insert them in your current proposal and gather some additional feedback

http://www.neostore.com/category-s/3.htm?searching=Y&sort=7&cat=3&show=12&page=1

Hello everyone,

What you guys think about this label design ?
Designer wants feedback.

Thanks !!

Rot
11-23-2016, 03:06 AM
Just a quick update on the n00b registrations...

There's a lot of them still.... I'd appreciate if some of you guys would join in the fun... I mean... why join and say nothing?

xROTx

EDIT: I am considering maybe... an extra... more tech minded guy to look after you guys...

I am NOT a geeky/nerdy Techhead... I handle other stuffs... SO, sometimes, I can come across as aggressive and not to everyones tastes... Jeff is usually very VERY busy and so I am considering asking Raz to help Jeff oversee such stuff in future...

He can talk your language... and well... he's prob more level headed than me concerning geeky stuff I don't understand..

manic23
11-23-2016, 05:05 AM
Aggghhh dilemma!! My dad has very kindly said that he will get me this neosd for Christmas. I am to give it to him to wrap when it turns up. This is good as I effectively get it for free, but it means I can't play with it till Dec 25th!!! Torture!!! lol

MattBlah
11-23-2016, 05:47 AM
Aggghhh dilemma!! My dad has very kindly said that he will get me this neosd for Christmas. I am to give it to him to wrap when it turns up. This is good as I effectively get it for free, but it means I can't play with it till Dec 25th!!! Torture!!! lol

Who's to say when it arrives? Maybe it only gets to you on December 23rd ;)

manic23
11-23-2016, 05:51 AM
Who's to say when it arrives? Maybe it only gets to you on December 23rd ;)

Well yes good point! Although I have had my email to say it's been shipped! ;)

daithidownunder
11-23-2016, 06:06 AM
I'm not a big fan of the label design to be honest. I agree that it's not formatted correctly for the top of the cart. It's going to be really hard to please everyone to be honest so bear that in mind :).

Just a thought...why not offer two options if its not too much hassle? A "Classic" design for the purists, and something like you're doing now as the 2nd option. I understand this may be extra work you don't need but I think it would definitely appeal to "more" people.

Great work by the way on getting the first shipment out. I'll be looking to make an order in the New Year :D

tcdev
11-23-2016, 06:46 AM
Well yes good point! Although I have had my email to say it's been shipped! ;)
When it turns up, grab an old CCTV capture card you've got sitting around, and give that to him to wrap up for you! :shame:

neosd
11-23-2016, 09:23 AM
Hello everyone,

Neobuilder 1.02 is up.

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/index.php/2016/11/23/neobuilder-1-02-avaliable-on-downloads-section/

Thanks

manic23
11-23-2016, 10:20 AM
When it turns up, grab an old CCTV capture card you've got sitting around, and give that to him to wrap up for you! :shame:

HA! great idea

aku
11-23-2016, 10:28 AM
final design confirmed.

nornor1
11-23-2016, 10:47 AM
Only way to please everyone would be to create one of those Hologram stickers, that when you tilt them they have like 3 or 4 frames of animation on them. have 3 or 4 designs in one :).

Fygee
11-23-2016, 02:46 PM
Pat the NES Punk did a quick video about it, for those who are interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9emN9Y5LTs

Neo Alec
11-23-2016, 03:07 PM

That could have been worse. Not too much misinformation. I stopped listening to their podcast because they talked too much about movies and comics, and they opened their presents from fans on the show. I can't imagine most of their fans care about this information.

BlackaneseNiNjA
11-23-2016, 03:10 PM

I follow Pat's podcast as well, and was suprised that he mentioned that he had acquired an mvs in addition to the aes unit he already picked up at a flea market a little while ago. It will be interesting to see just how many new fans and collectors the neosd cart brings into the neo hobby. I am assuming that consolized units will receive a good bump until the aes version of the neosd is released.

greedostick
11-23-2016, 07:28 PM
final design confirmed.

I would actually use that if you left the lego FU on the cover.

Sceptre_JLRB
11-24-2016, 07:29 AM
Received my NeoSD! :buttrock:

What to say... I endorse every world in Razoola's review. It works perfect. Games display, sound, play & behave EXACTLY as original cartridges. I'll continue playing and making tests. Anyway, now there is no doubt: It's not a sham, it's real.

Thank you so much & congratulations to NeoSD team for their excellent work and for making the dream comes true. :)

The Future Is Now!!!

Rot
11-24-2016, 07:33 AM
Received my NeoSD! :buttrock:

What to say... I endorse each world in Razoola's review. It works perfect. Games display, sound, play & behave EXACTLY as original cartridges. I'll continue playing and making tests. Anyway, now there is no doubt: It's not a sham, it's real.

Thank you so much & congratulations to NeoSD team for their excellent work and for making the dream comes true. :)

The Future Is Now!!!

That's nice to hear... for one minute there... I thought this was the best scam in NG.com history...

PHEW... DavidG is still numero uno...

xROTx

Razoola
11-24-2016, 07:35 AM
post pictures :)

Sceptre_JLRB
11-24-2016, 10:30 AM
Here are some pics: ;)

* Unboxing:

* NeoSD in my consolized Neo-Geo MVS MV-1F:

* NeoSD UI:

* A standard game (Rage of the Dragons) with Razoola's UniBIOS 3.2:

* Neo no Panepon (homebrew game, 'handmade' .neo file):

* Treasure of the Caribbean (prototype game, 'handmade' .neo file):

Razoola
11-24-2016, 10:34 AM
great pics :)

Sceptre_JLRB
11-24-2016, 11:11 AM
Thanks, Raz!

BTW, KOF2003 loading time (total, erasing+flashing): 4' 10'' (lesser than expected!). The pseudo-transparency effects in life-bars are present, as expected. I hadn't even noticed them never before when using MAME or the 161-in-1 multicart...

Razoola
11-24-2016, 11:14 AM
Your sdcard is probably a little faster than the brand I use.

Sceptre_JLRB
11-24-2016, 11:21 AM
Your sdcard is probably a little faster than the brand I use.

This one is the SD card I use:
https://flashmemo-business.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/4/9/498FD71195BDB1807C9F2B1F7E29FF1B.jpg

PS: Post #1000 in this thread! :qcf::A: :glee: