PDA

View Full Version : MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]

lachlan
08-06-2017, 04:52 PM
cannot as in never.

:keke:

neosd
08-06-2017, 05:54 PM
I almost pulled the trigger on the MVS version to use for my Youtube videos (wanted to show the prototype version of ASO II), but as soon as I was ready, of course Stone Age Gamer changed the page to say it was out of stock. Still might get the AES version instead. In the end I felt it wasn't worth $470 to show 20 seconds in a video that will get 300 views.

Of course it will have many other uses, but mostly only for homebrews and protos, since I have a complete MVS library already.

Edit: And it's in stock again. I may need to get it for an upcoming video.

Hello,

We have been out of stock for about 15 days. Neither Stone Age Gamer or us had stock.

We ordered a batch about 1st of June but we had not one, but 3 factory delays cause summer vacations.
The worst thing was that we didn´Ż┤t knew when we would have the stock, until the day before, it was two weeks of : tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow.
And even that, we came to the factory they day they finally said :come to get the batch, and we only got 50% of the order this day, not the entire batch (the rest arrived August 4th)

So, we got stock back on friday 28th July at 9:00 (as stated, only 50% of the batch we ordered) . We worked all the weekend to get every pending order shipped on monday 31th. It was a long weekend. Some orders (Correos orders) were shipped on saturday 29th, cause postal office was open on saturday, and the rest of the pending orders (UPS orders) were shipped on monday 31th, Stone Age Gamer order aswel.
It was kinda crazy cause after we processed everything pending, only 3 NEOSDS were left on monday 31th (we are on stock again now BTW)

So, as far as i know, Stone Age Gamer got their order on 3th August and they have stock again now.

We are not closing by summer, i myself have spent this weekend mounting prototypes and validating those, while the rest of the team has been coding on different areas.

I wish we would be bigger to not have such delays on factoring, but we are an small compnay with small batches, so we are the ones that suffer the delays. It dosent matters how many months in advance you submit a factory order, it always happens.

Well, not much more to say, delays ... we have to live with those. There is not much we can do at factory side than insist, but there are things we can do at our side once we get stock, such as work on weekends to get pending orders shipped in a day.

BTW : If we don┤t give more info about stock or about when we are going to ship when we are out of stock is cause we don┤t have it. I know it sux for the ones waiting for an order to get shipped, but its worst for us that we feel the preasure to ship. Just imagine ourselves telling our customers the same factory tells us : tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow ...

Longest time we have been out without stock has been 18 days if i don┤t remember bad. If i am not wrong, we ran out of stock 3 times this year, no more.
For now we should have stock for the next 1,5-2 months, but we are already working on sourcing more parts for the next batch.

Thanks

Chaotic Mind
08-06-2017, 06:52 PM
Hello,

We have been out of stock for about 15 days. Neither Stone Age Gamer or us had stock.

We ordered a batch about 1st of June but we had not one, but 3 factory delays cause summer vacations.
The worst thing was that we didn´Ż┤t knew when we would have the stock, until the day before, it was two weeks of : tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow.
And even that, we came to the factory they day they finally said :come to get the batch, and we only got 50% of the order this day, not the entire batch (the rest arrived August 4th)

So, we got stock back on friday 28th July at 9:00 (as stated, only 50% of the batch we ordered) . We worked all the weekend to get every pending order shipped on monday 31th. It was a long weekend. Some orders (Correos orders) were shipped on saturday 29th, cause postal office was open on saturday, and the rest of the pending orders (UPS orders) were shipped on monday 31th, Stone Age Gamer order aswel.
It was kinda crazy cause after we processed everything pending, only 3 NEOSDS were left on monday 31th (we are on stock again now BTW)

So, as far as i know, Stone Age Gamer got their order on 3th August and they have stock again now.

We are not closing by summer, i myself have spent this weekend mounting prototypes and validating those, while the rest of the team has been coding on different areas.

I wish we would be bigger to not have such delays on factoring, but we are an small compnay with small batches, so we are the ones that suffer the delays. It dosent matters how many months in advance you submit a factory order, it always happens.

Well, not much more to say, delays ... we have to live with those. There is not much we can do at factory side than insist, but there are things we can do at our side once we get stock, such as work on weekends to get pending orders shipped in a day.

BTW : If we don┤t give more info about stock or about when we are going to ship when we are out of stock is cause we don┤t have it. I know it sux for the ones waiting for an order to get shipped, but its worst for us that we feel the preasure to ship. Just imagine ourselves telling our customers the same factory tells us : tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow ...

Longest time we have been out without stock has been 18 days if i don┤t remember bad. If i am not wrong, we ran out of stock 3 times this year, no more.
For now we should have stock for the next 1,5-2 months, but we are already working on sourcing more parts for the next batch.

Thanks

It's all cool. When I bought mine from Stone Age I knew it would be some time before the back-orders caught up.

gunaska
08-06-2017, 08:30 PM
Hello,

Thanks

IS it time to resent my order?????

@neosd

Neo Alec
08-06-2017, 09:03 PM
Hello,

The worst thing was that we didn?´Ż┤t knew when we would have the stock, until the day before, it was two weeks of : tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow.

BTW : If we don´Ż┤t give more info about stock or about when we are going to ship when we are out of stock is cause we don´Ż┤t have it. I know it sux for the ones waiting for an order to get shipped, but its worst for us that we feel the preasure to ship. Just imagine ourselves telling our customers the same factory tells us : tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow ...

Longest time we have been out without stock has been 18 days if i don´Ż┤t remember bad. If i am not wrong, we ran out of stock 3 times this year, no more.

Thanks
You need no excuses at all, my friend. I wasn't expecting any reply at all. The lack of stock is totally understandable. It has been difficult to decide when to actually buy one of these, since I already have a full catalog of carts. It's not really a matter of if I buy one, just when.

xsq
08-07-2017, 02:21 AM
IS it time to resent my order?????
will you ever shut up?

Razoola
08-07-2017, 02:36 AM
Im not sure thats fair if he ordered over 6 months ago and still got nothing, not even a tracking number. On the other side if hes simply trolling its different story, from what neosd has said about the matter an order does look to have been placed. No idea whats going on here but something strange that does not look good.

xsq
08-07-2017, 03:41 AM
you're right, wrong thread to be stirring up trouble.

gunaska
08-07-2017, 09:14 AM
you're right, wrong thread to be stirring up trouble.

I am so sorry to make you feel uncomfortable.I am aware that this is not the right place to claim my request.

but i have no other way to connect them...my registered email address in neosd store has been blocked since months ago(it seems because i used an alternate email addr once.but they never move me out of the blocking list).I tried to use other email addr wrote to them,but they were all been ignored.I added notes at neosd store but no reply..

i claimed for resent or refunding but they only let me wait. the deadline date of they promised to solve my problem in this thread has been passed a lot of days.

I feel very anxious to see many people got their carts in this thread.I have wait for 8 months but i got nothing...it's all for the love of neogeo and the trust to the enthusiasts who loves it too.

pls,try to understand me...:crying:

jsiucho
08-07-2017, 10:55 AM
Ordered an AES one last week,, hopefully it makes it to Peru ok..

aha2940
08-07-2017, 01:08 PM
Ordered an AES one last week,, hopefully it makes it to Peru ok..

Mine made it to Colombia, so you should be OK.

Gummy Bear
08-07-2017, 04:09 PM
@ Neosd / neodev

Re: the shell and sticker.
The sticker appears to have a clear plastic layer on top.
Is this just a protective thing that can be peeled off or is it supposed to stay there?

Also:
With the save mode set to continuous, does that mean that if I leave a game running attract mode, the score data is saved every time the game cycles or only when the data changes?
Is it possible to switch the machine off at the 'wrong' time with saving set to continuous?

Thanks

xsq
08-07-2017, 04:30 PM
I am so sorry to make you feel uncomfortable.I am aware that this is not the right place to claim my request.
you misunderstand. but it's alright.

dl1955
08-08-2017, 05:18 PM
I had ordered mines from StoneAge Gamer. Excellent cart! Sorry to hear about delays. May order another one in a month... :)

Gamemaster
08-10-2017, 11:34 AM
Out of interest, the review says NEOSD is using flash memory to hold the data, so you need to flash the roms to the flash memory every time you want to play an other game.
Flash memory has limited write cycles, so if you change the game very often it wears out and get defective later. Whats happens then, can i replace the flash memory or do i have to buy a new NEOSD ?

From other flashcards or backupstations (like the CD64plus for N64) i know they using normal memory that wont hold the data after you turn off power but its way faster and has no wear out.
The CD64plus fo exsample uses 32MB EDO Ram, loads data from CD or slow data connection from PC.

Isnt that a better option to load everything into RAM because the data is already on SD card ?

Then if you need Flash memory to hold a game even after power off, would it not be better to have booth options ? Flash and RAM also ?
For exsample this 3 in 1 EZ-flash for Nintendo DS does this. It has booth options.

massimiliano
08-10-2017, 12:28 PM
Flash memory has limited write cycles, so if you change the game very often it wears out and get defective later.

well, Flash has quite a *substantial* amount of writing/erasing actions before failing, we are talking in the order of many writings each day for like 30+ years (NeoSD to comment, I guess the flash data-sheet has numbers in such order)...frankly I doubt anything, ram chips included, which btw are not "immortal" by any means, will survive that long anyway as there are other components that will likely fail before.

Given a realistic usage of the device, it is likely the card will outlive its owner.

Edit:
and to answer your question, having a game flashed once and from there on without loading times, for how fast ram could have been, means having a cart behaving *identically* to the original, as meant by SNK, no strange "booting times" etc..

TMOSteel
08-10-2017, 06:54 PM
Got my order from Stone Age Gamer, enjoying it very much. Thanks to NeoSD, Rot, and everyone else who posted about their purchases and how great this thing performs.

A couple of things to note:

I sent an email to SGA suggesting they offer to "flip" the boards for customers like me with an OMEGA (I don't know if they come assembled to SGA or if SGA puts them together).

The reason being is with everything loose its easy peasy lemon squeezy I'm sure to assemble everything just the right way - with the SGA package you've got a cart sticker and a serial sticker (on the left side covering the other SD cutout) to contend with.

Not so easy, especially when you're old like me, have carpel tunnel, and shitty eyesight (even with glasses). Doable, but I shat myself the whole time fearing I would f'up the damn label.

The other problem - I have an older OMEGA, the one with the tight hole (yeah, I said it). The only cart that was problematic was the 161-in-1 but it went in when I forced it (yeah, I went there).

Now comes the NeoSD - holy crap, I thought I was going to crack something big time.

Getting the NeoSD case inserted with my older OMEGA is problematic - this is definitely not something to be inserting and then pulling out on any regular basis. Once its in, its good, but I had to keep the serial sticker off the side of the cart or else it just would have been torn to shreds (I saved it on some wax paper and put it inside the manual).

So it looks like I'll have to get in touch with Quan and see if I can order a new wider top assembly from him.

Other than that I just have to pick up a nice SD card after I peruse the thread about them and decide which one is best (I'm using a 32 GB PNY card I borrowed from my kid).

TMOSteel
08-10-2017, 07:08 PM
Flash memory has limited write cycles, so if you change the game very often it wears out and get defective later.

Well, I've got a 1GB Lexar Jump Drive Sport - its almost 20 years old, and its been read, written to and wiped more times than I can count, on almost a daily basis (I used to be a desktop tech).

Still works as good as the day I bought it.

I wouldn't sweat the flash memory life cycle too much, I'm sure these drives and memory will still be viable long after we are.

neosd
08-10-2017, 07:14 PM
@ Neosd / neodev

Re: the shell and sticker.
The sticker appears to have a clear plastic layer on top.
Is this just a protective thing that can be peeled off or is it supposed to stay there?

Its supossed to stay there

Also:
With the save mode set to continuous, does that mean that if I leave a game running attract mode, the score data is saved every time the game cycles or only when the data changes?
Is it possible to switch the machine off at the 'wrong' time with saving set to continuous?

Thanks

I will let neodev answer you that cause i wont make mistakes, but we had this question before and neodev told me he thought about that situation and saves will not get damaged.

Got my order from Stone Age Gamer, enjoying it very much. Thanks to NeoSD, Rot, and everyone else who posted about their purchases and how great this thing performs.

A couple of things to note:

I sent an email to SGA suggesting they offer to "flip" the boards for customers like me with and OMEGA (I don't know if they come assembled to SGA or if SGA puts them together).

The reason being is with everything loose its easy peasy lemon squeezy I'm sure to assemble everything just the right way - with the SGA package you've got a cart sticker and a serial sticker (on the left side covering the other SD cutout) to contend with.

Not so easy, especially when you're old like me, have carpel tunnel, and shitty eyesight (even with glasses). Doable, but I shat myself the whole time fearing I would f'up the damn label.

The other problem - I have an older OMEGA, the one with the tight hole (yeah, I said it). The only cart that was problematic was the 161-in-1 but it went in when I forced it (yeah, I went there).

Now comes the NeoSD - holy crap, I thought I was going to crack something big time.

Getting the NeoSD case inserted with my older OMEGA is problematic - this is definitely not something to be inserting and then pulling out on any regular basis. Once its in, its good, but I had to keep the serial sticker off the side of the cart or else it just would have been torn to shreds (I saved it on some wax paper and put it inside the manual).

So it looks like I'll have to get in touch with Quan and see if I can order a new wider top assembly from him.

Other than that I just have to pick up a nice SD card after I peruse the thread about them and decide which one is best (I'm using a 32 GB PNY card I borrowed from my kid).

Hello,

Yes, Ryan from Stone Age Gamer was asking us about Omega. We just pasted him the links from here where people were telling that OMEGA was working fine with NEOSD.

I myself never saw an Omega in front, and our plan since day one has been not supporting 3rd party hardware such as converters and so. Just cause at the end of the day any manufacture may do changes and its a nightmare to support that.

About flipping boards : we discussed this here and i think there wasn┤t a clear conclusion, maybe my English is not good enought to explain it but i will try to explain it again

Here in Spain, horizontal MVS boards are more comon, i worked in the arcade industry for some years and i know the bigger operators in Spain. While developing NEOSD i called all my contacts trying to find 4 and 6 slots vertical boards, i ended collecting about 50 MVS boards but just one 4 slots and 0 6slots boards. Asking the tech manager of one of those big companys (more than 5k employees company) that has been in the arcade industry since 80s, he told me that he never saw a 6 slots board and he can only remember a few 4 slots being sent there. Same applies to 1 slot vertical boards, that were manufactured at the end of Neo Geo life cycle.

So this put us on this situation :
We didn┤t wanted to make two shells, one for MVS and another one for AES, we payed a pile of money for the AES shell and we didn┤t wanted to put more money there, so i had the idea to make an universal shell, for AES and MVS. If we would put the boards in the opossite way, the sticker would look down on 1-slot horizontal boards. We really thought vertical boards were not popular and also that MVS boards are intended to be inside a cab, this is not an AES where you see the machine near your tv.
We never thought about OMEGA users, i myself knew the OMEGA existed, but never thought about that, to be honest.
So OMEGA users bought NEOSDs and we realized that those were more popular than we thought and that NEOSD fits ok there (as users have reported here), they told us that flipping boards were possible and never knew anything more about omegas until Ryan messaged us this week.

I would say that we only got about 3 or 4 emails from users that inserted the cartridge in the opossite way, so maybe the effort of letting users requesting us how to mount the boards may be bigger than the actual users needing it. I mean : if we take custom orders about how to place the boards, we are adding an extra process and adding an extra human mistake that may happening while doing that (send a board flipped in the wrong way to a customer that either asked for it or not asked for it).
I know Stone Age Gamer is going to take such requests (they told us that atleast), but we don┤t really have plans for that here cause the previous reason.

BTW they just get the NEOSDS from us mounted, without stickers.

Flash memory has limited write cycles, so if you change the game very often it wears out and get defective later

Neodev did the maths and answered this question here, some pages ago.

I just answer by memory but the maths (acording to the manufacturer provided datasheet) said that you would have to flash the entire memory 20 times a day during 20 years to get where the manufacturer says the limit is.

Flash vs RAM was discussed in the NEOSD thread aswel, every memory kind has its advantages and disvantages. Remember, kof2k3 is 96mb game and this takes time to read/write, to flash and to ram. If you write it into RAM, you power the Neo Geo off you loose it, do that 8 times and you are loosing time compared to flash where you flash it once and you power on/off without loose the game.

TMOSteel
08-10-2017, 08:22 PM
Hello,

Yes, Ryan from Stone Age Gamer was asking us about Omega. We just pasted him the links from here where people were telling that OMEGA was working fine with NEOSD.

I myself never saw an Omega in front, and our plan since day one has been not supporting 3rd party hardware such as converters and so. Just cause at the end of the day any manufacture may do changes and its a nightmare to support that.

About flipping boards : we discussed this here and i think there wasn´Ż┤t a clear conclusion, maybe my English is not good enought to explain it but i will try to explain it again

Here in Spain, horizontal MVS boards are more comon, i worked in the arcade industry for some years and i know the bigger operators in Spain. While developing NEOSD i called all my contacts trying to find 4 and 6 slots vertical boards, i ended collecting about 50 MVS boards but just one 4 slots and 0 6slots boards. Asking the tech manager of one of those big companys (more than 5k employees company) that has been in the arcade industry since 80s, he told me that he never saw a 6 slots board and he can only remember a few 4 slots being sent there. Same applies to 1 slot vertical boards, that were manufactured at the end of Neo Geo life cycle.

So this put us on this situation :
We didn´Ż┤t wanted to make two shells, one for MVS and another one for AES, we payed a pile of money for the AES shell and we didn´Ż┤t wanted to put more money there, so i had the idea to make an universal shell, for AES and MVS. If we would put the boards in the opossite way, the sticker would look down on 1-slot horizontal boards. We really thought vertical boards were not popular and also that MVS boards are intended to be inside a cab, this is not an AES where you see the machine near your tv.
We never thought about OMEGA users, i myself knew the OMEGA existed, but never thought about that, to be honest.
So OMEGA users bought NEOSDs and we realized that those were more popular than we thought and that NEOSD fits ok there (as users have reported here), they told us that flipping boards were possible and never knew anything more about omegas until Ryan messaged us this week.

I would say that we only got about 3 or 4 emails from users that inserted the cartridge in the opossite way, so maybe the effort of letting users requesting us how to mount the boards may be bigger than the actual users needing it. I mean : if we take custom orders about how to place the boards, we are adding an extra process and adding an extra human mistake that may happening while doing that (send a board flipped in the wrong way to a customer that either asked for it or not asked for it).
I know Stone Age Gamer is going to take such requests (they told us that atleast), but we don´Ż┤t really have plans for that here cause the previous reason.

BTW they just get the NEOSDS from us mounted, without stickers.

Gotcha, thanks for the info, so with that in mind it makes sense then if SGA want's to provide the "flip" service thats on them.

They seem like they would be pretty accommodating so I don't see why they wouldn't - and its going to be a lot easier on their end since no stickers are applied.

I think the modular design of your cart shell was pretty well thought out and very well made, so I have no issues with it on my end.

The fact that you can flip the boards is just a bonus.

Really nice job man, kudos to you and your team. Kudos.

neodev
08-11-2017, 04:39 AM
Well, I've got a 1GB Lexar Jump Drive Sport - its almost 20 years old, and its been read, written to and wiped more times than I can count, on almost a daily basis (I used to be a desktop tech).

Still works as good as the day I bought it.

I wouldn't sweat the flash memory life cycle too much, I'm sure these drives and memory will still be viable long after we are.

The larger.flashes have a lifespan of 100,000 erase cycles, so assuming you flash 10 games a day, they should last around 30 years.

Neo Alec
08-11-2017, 09:48 AM
The MVS shell not fitting in the system really concerns me. I may have to change to the AES version if the MVS one doesn't fit in my system. The cart slot was already measured and fits real and unofficial carts perfectly.

gameofyou
08-11-2017, 02:04 PM
I have put some time into my AES version of the NEOSD, and I am very impressed so far. I have a background in electrical engineering, so I can imagine how much hard work went into this product. Thank you!

kuze
08-11-2017, 03:56 PM
The MVS shell not fitting in the system really concerns me. I may have to change to the AES version if the MVS one doesn't fit in my system. The cart slot was already measured and fits real and unofficial carts perfectly.

Worst case scenario you can just swap out the boards to a real or unofficial case right?

Rot
08-11-2017, 04:16 PM
Sometimes... I feel people like to complain for the sake of it...

If it was me... shell don't fit... I'd get a Lions3 shell... buy a boot and rip the shell off it... etc etc..

NOW... if the fookin item didn't work as advertised... I'd say you could shout to the heavens....

It's sometimes depressing that the Neosd team have bent over backwards to accomodate hardasses like myself... the forum members... and still we get these niggly comments like "Z'OMG... The shell not fitting is a major concern.."... PFFT... like it not actually working would not be the major issue:oh_no::thevt:.....

Dumbasses...

xROTx

xsq
08-11-2017, 04:27 PM
Quan changed the design to fit multicarts at some point... so if those fit the NeoSD should as well. If you don't own a multicart, maybe someone here knows when the shell was changed so you could figure out if you have one of the "wider" models...

Rot
08-11-2017, 04:32 PM
so you could figure out if you have one of the "wider" models...

Like trying to figure out if you have Dirk Diggler sized cawk?... my advice is to look down ya' pants...

xROTx

supergoose
08-11-2017, 05:14 PM
Not sure if this was answered already but does the NGH version of the NeoSD fit inside a snap lock case?

xsq
08-11-2017, 05:49 PM
Not sure if this was answered already but does the NGH version of the NeoSD fit inside a snap lock case?
yes and yes.

P.S.:
http://i.imgur.com/pAPcsCB.gif

supergoose
08-11-2017, 06:28 PM
yes and yes.
Still not a fan of those gif images but thanks for answering my question.

lachlan
08-12-2017, 06:24 AM

I quite like his use of gifs.

supergoose
08-12-2017, 02:05 PM
I quite like his use of gifs.
According to some of your recent posts you also seem to enjoy drinking copious amounts of alcohol. Maybe that makes it easier to bear.

Rot
08-12-2017, 02:08 PM
According to some of your recent posts you also seem to enjoy drinking copious amounts of alcohol. Maybe that makes it easier to bear.

You're getting old Falk pal... old school...

I can respect that... but it's a whole new generation of posters my friend...

I remember when trolling was confined to name calling... but now it's evolved...

The times change my friend...

xROTx

PS. There is still a place for old fucks like us... don't worry...

lachlan
08-12-2017, 07:57 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/Zw3oBUuOlDJ3W/giphy.gif

haha

oliverclaude
08-13-2017, 05:30 AM

Chat? Or a forum inside a forum, hidden somewhere in Multi-Lingual, only accessed in Tak's stealth mode? 100,000 + 1 things you never new about ng.com ;).

Gummy Bear
08-13-2017, 07:53 AM
Its supossed to stay there

Thank you!

Dampfwalze
08-13-2017, 08:23 AM

Yes, six feet under. ;)
We are relics of the 8/16-Bit era.

Gummy Bear
08-13-2017, 08:38 AM
We are relics of the 8/16-Bit era.

At least we were around when games were good. :)

neosd
08-13-2017, 08:41 AM
At least we were around when games were good. :)

I would buy a casttle with all the money i put into cps1, cps2, neogeo and so back in the day. Damn Konami Aliens machine.

LETS GET BUSY !!!

Morden
08-13-2017, 04:08 PM
LETS GET BUSY !!!

When I read that phrase, all I can think of is that speech sample from Irem's Hammerin' Harry. Aside from Vastar, which was given to me, Harry is the first arcade board I actually bought. Still own it, still works, still love it. Let's get busy!

P.S. - I wonder if it were possible to make a Irem M92 multi. It powers 13 games, but man ... Hook, In The Hunt, Undercover Cops, both Gunforce games, R-Type Leo ... All amazing games!

Electric Grave
08-14-2017, 12:12 PM

superdoosh...great member.

Neo Alec
08-14-2017, 02:49 PM
Quan changed the design to fit multicarts at some point... so if those fit the NeoSD should as well. If you don't own a multicart, maybe someone here knows when the shell was changed so you could figure out if you have one of the "wider" models...

While I like the Omega, I don't own one. I was talking about custom CMVS's like mine in general.

xsq
08-18-2017, 06:33 AM
While I like the Omega, I don't own one. I was talking about custom CMVS's like mine in general.
Oh, sorry I got that wrong then. Maybe someone can post the measurements of the NeoSD shell for you...

still your enemy.

https://68.media.tumblr.com/1cd5bb089bc76b2b7bda197d6ed34a6f/tumblr_o7wkk5xwNu1txfen3o1_500.gif

Gummy Bear
08-21-2017, 03:38 AM
Measurements:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/gummybear_gb/20170821_090814.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/gummybear_gb/media/20170821_090814.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/gummybear_gb/20170821_090747.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/gummybear_gb/media/20170821_090747.jpg.html)

jhonny d
09-02-2017, 08:14 AM
Was the samshon5 special bug fixed in the end?

lachlan
09-02-2017, 07:06 PM
Was the samshon5 special bug fixed in the end?

Wasn't that a ROM dump issue more than a NEOSD issue?

RAZO
09-02-2017, 09:20 PM
Wasn't that a ROM dump issue more than a NEOSD issue?

I believe it was and someone here was working on it.

jhonny d
09-03-2017, 03:53 AM
finally found the thread: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?269615-Status-SamSho-V-Special-Redump/page3&highlight=shodown+5+bad+dump

it appears that it's not a bad dump but an encryption issue

neodev
09-03-2017, 07:21 AM
finally found the thread: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?269615-Status-SamSho-V-Special-Redump/page3&highlight=shodown+5+bad+dump

it appears that it's not a bad dump but an encryption issue

The 1.06 firmware will correct the wrong decrypted values for ss5 and ss5sp as they can be guessed with each other. For other games using the neopcm2, I have yet to find some time to sniff the V bus in my kof2k cart that I bought just to try to find this issue. (A ss5 or ss5sp would have been better but they are crazy expensive)

Neodogg
09-04-2017, 03:13 PM
The 1.06 firmware will correct the wrong decrypted values for ss5 and ss5sp as they can be guessed with each other. For other games using the neopcm2, I have yet to find some time to sniff the V bus in my kof2k cart that I bought just to try to find this issue. (A ss5 or ss5sp would have been better but they are crazy expensive)

As I tell my son...sometimes the answer is just a question away. If you need something just ask.

hyper
09-04-2017, 07:35 PM
tf happened w darksof's flashcart

is this still on the table??

madman
09-04-2017, 07:47 PM

hyper, plz.

heihachi
09-04-2017, 10:10 PM

it is, but honestly it looks like a huge step down from the neosd and 1+ years late.

Raph4
09-12-2017, 08:48 AM
NeoSD is actually not safe to use it.

Everything seemed to work well with three games, but after trying launching Samurai Shodown II console constantly reboot.
I can't use A+D+START because when I press one button AES reboot again.

How is possible to full reset the cartridge, cleaning/remove game flashed if the menu is inaccessible please ?
I use unmodified AES. All cartridge work OK and 161-in-1 AES too.
How fix this software/hardware cartridge issue ?

Thanks.

RAZO
09-12-2017, 08:58 AM
Could be a bad Rom you used. I think if you hold down the start button before power up, it should take you to the menu.

nono2lozere
09-12-2017, 09:12 AM
NeoSD is actually not safe to use it.

Everything seemed to work well with three games, but after trying launching Samurai Shodown II console constantly reboot.
I can't use A+D+START because when I press one button AES reboot again.

How is possible to full reset the cartridge, cleaning/remove game flashed if the menu is inaccessible please ?
I use unmodified AES. All cartridge work OK and 161-in-1 AES too.
How fix this software/hardware cartridge issue ?

Thanks.

Look here:

Put the sd on your PC and check if there is a file named lastgame.cfg if so, delete it. If it doesnt work, create a file named reset.cfg with any content, and putnthe sd back on your neosd
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?270109-NEOSD-AES-Support-thread-!&p=4232542#post4232542

Avant de pleurer et dire des conneries on cherche!

Raph4
09-12-2017, 09:23 AM
Put the sd on your PC and check if there is a file named lastgame.cfg if so, delete it. If it doesnt work, create a file named reset.cfg with any content, and putnthe sd back on your neosd
Thanks for the tips, creating empty reset.cfg file as saved my day.
Please add to the official FAQ instead into one forum :lolz:

Could be a bad Rom you used. I think if you hold down the start button before power up, it should take you to the menu.
No ROM issue, all come from actual last mame build (0189)
I have re-flash the game, without changing ROM and now game work. No one reboot anymore.
I will test latter pushing buttons before start AES.

Rot
09-12-2017, 04:31 PM
What I like about Ng.com... is we look after our own...

The Neosd team have proven they can deliver and treat people as well as they can... even the 'tards...

Alex and his team didn't need to field this last "issue" because the lads already knew... as the answer was posted here already...

IF ONLY THESE DUMB FLY BY N00BZ... read the fuckin' forum...

xROTx

Yodd
10-21-2017, 12:18 AM
I think I asked about this before, but does anyone have a better sticker design for the NeoSD cart?

I'm not a fan of the one included with the shell. I actually like the label design that StoneAge Gamer is using.

pva
10-21-2017, 04:57 PM
I think I asked about this before, but does anyone have a better sticker design for the NeoSD cart?

I'm not a fan of the one included with the shell. I actually like the label design that StoneAge Gamer is using.

I was looking for custom labels, too, and found a bunch of them (http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?242476-ArcadeMagician-s-Neo-Geo-CD-custom-spine-cards&p=4150728&viewfull=1#post4150728) on the Creative subforum. While they don't resemble the SAC label (at all), some of them are quite decent-looking.

I'd be interested in finding a custom label for the Lions3 AES shell and/or the NeoSD logo in a vectorised format, so I could make one myself using the ready-made sticker template.

Tgames
11-30-2017, 09:08 AM
Can we convert .neo to standart neo geo games ?
It's to prepare using DarkSoft MVS flashcart.

Rot
11-30-2017, 10:31 AM

I am currently baby sitting the grand kiddy... and that's the only reason I aint logged in to deal with:

1. The PM.. to myself asking me how to convert romz for Darksoft...
2. The Fact you mentioned Darksofts project...
3. The Fact you openly posted twice now concerning the upcoming fubar that is this project...

...I will be on SOON to deal with this... please be patient...

neosd
11-30-2017, 12:41 PM

Cleverest dude in France, buys something that the seller dosen┤t even has a picture of.

Here is your conversion tool, you are going to need it soon for sure

https://www.wikihow.com/images/thumb/b/ba/Raise-a-Claim-in-PayPal-Step-29.jpg/aid4654223-v4-728px-Raise-a-Claim-in-PayPal-Step-29.jpg

I'm sitting with a package of popcorn waiting for the January drama

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/51086117/im-just-here-for-the-drama.jpg

greedostick
11-30-2017, 12:42 PM

Is that piece of junk even out? You need to make a copy of you rom set then convert for neo sd. You always make a backup before doing anything.

Montatez
11-30-2017, 12:44 PM
Cleverest dude in France, buys something that the seller dosen┤t even has a picture of.

Here is your conversion tool, you are going to need it soon for sure

https://www.wikihow.com/images/thumb/b/ba/Raise-a-Claim-in-PayPal-Step-29.jpg/aid4654223-v4-728px-Raise-a-Claim-in-PayPal-Step-29.jpg

I'm sitting with a package of popcorn waiting for the January drama

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/51086117/im-just-here-for-the-drama.jpg

Ha!

fille1976
11-30-2017, 12:58 PM
Hahahahaha,what a fool,asking to convert neo roms for darkcrap's flashcard.
We don't like that shit card.

Rot
11-30-2017, 01:49 PM
Tgames... ONLY warning... Find the info somewhere else...

You get a free pass from me for this set of dumbness...

xROTx

lachlan
11-30-2017, 02:15 PM
Burn the witch!

Tgames
11-30-2017, 05:42 PM
I know why Darksoft wrote that now, some kids here.

I can have 2 cartridges from 2 creators without making a war.
You won't lose a sale because you help me to have a correct romset (you know i have already the NeoSD).
You have a funny way to handle a simple question for roms, just because you know i will use it on somethink you don't made.

Also i don't say anything about if it's better or not. So keep calm here.

Gyrian
11-30-2017, 07:52 PM
Come on though, you're here asking how to convert files to work on an unreleased product. Even putting aside the fact that this is an unreleased product from a group that's earned the animosity you're seeing here, how exactly do you propose this conversion be done? Do you have any idea what kind of file this unreleased product will require? How would we? Maybe wait for guidance from the people who are making this new thing?

Kid Panda
11-30-2017, 07:53 PM

You won't lose a sale because you help me to have a correct romset (you know i have already the NeoSD).
You have a funny way to handle a simple question for roms, just because you know i will use it on somethink you don't made.

First off. You're not supposed to ask for roms on this forum anyway. Second off, why not go find the mame rom set yourself?

Syn
11-30-2017, 08:02 PM
Tgames... ONLY warning... Find the info somewhere else...

You get a free pass from me for this set of dumbness...

xROTx

Find out all you can before Rot wakes up.:oh_no:

Nah, nah, nah, nah...nah, nah, nah, nah, hey, hey, hey...

aha2940
11-30-2017, 08:40 PM

You chose the wrong place to ask for that. DS is not well seen around here. Also, the files used by NeoSD may not be the best starting point for what you want, a clean MAME set is what you want as starting point, since both carts use different technologies.

Regards.

dkarDaGobert
11-30-2017, 11:18 PM

darksoft deletes every critic comment about his products on the forum. only all hail darksoft postings allowed. i got banned there for asking for final pictures without wires of his neo geo cart.
maybe thats the reason you dont see drama there

lachlan
11-30-2017, 11:24 PM
Come back to us when he actually releases something. Otherwise this is all bullshit and you deserve to have your ass handed to you.

Razoola
12-01-2017, 02:14 AM
No one knows how the darksoft neogeo sets will be stored on the SD card.... What will the format be? Will they need to be padded like on his CPS2 device, will the sets need patching to allow their multicart to use its gameswaping ability. No one knows and maybe even they don't know the final spec yet either.

tgames, you probably does not understand the level of censorship that happens quietly on darksofts forums but here on this forum when somone gets banned, everyone knows about it.

greatfunky
12-01-2017, 02:23 AM
tgames , you have been warned of your next disappointment......

https://blog.hubspot.com/hs-fs/hubfs/00-Blog-Related_Images/monkey1_1.gif?t=1511978065496&width=500&height=265&name=monkey1_1.gif

Rot
12-01-2017, 03:09 AM

OK... I am gonna explain this YET again... namely for the N00BZ like yourself why it has come to me, Rot getting a tad irritated with Darksoft and why I, on this forum have acted the way I have....

(Maybe TL;DR... will try here)... FACTS:

1. Darksoft and his supporters created a bit of a fubar here about 30 months ago... and was subsequently neutered...
2. They "announced" their NG Flashcard 24 months ago... I repeat... TWO FUCKIN years ago...
3. 12 months ago when Neosd announced their device... I backed it because it worked and Alex and his team were willing to talk to our memberbase...
4. This is about the time we were getting attacked on our server... this carried on for a while...
5. The "Videos" and reveals from Darksoft have been less than satisfactory... there are NO PCB pics or specs...
6. ANY questions or points raised on their forum or youtube videos are subsequently deleted and members banned...
7. 2 years in... they have asked for pre-orders on a device that essentially is vapourware... considering it has none of the info I would require to purchase one...
8. You are asking for a Rom set for a device that doesn't exist... I created the other set for NG.com's memberbase... for ease and the fact I wouldn't have to reprimand our members...

I am not telling ANYONE how to spend their cash... 420Euro Pre-order... lulz..
I am not telling ANYONE to stay on Ng.com if they don't wish too...

What I am telling EVERYONE... is that I do not wish Darksofts bullshit hitting NG.com for the reasons above...

xROTX

PS. TGames... stay or go... I don't care... it takes a lot to get banned here... BUT if you continue your Darksoft crusade...

...You'll find out I have been nice so far... but I won't be for much longer...

Rot
12-01-2017, 04:59 AM
On Topic... a quick addition to why Darksoft and his selection of disciples were neutered...

..Is the fact they refused to answer the questions concerning their products...

They act like children... "Why should I answer your questions... i obviously know what I'm doing"... type mentality...

xROTx

PS. As I implied... if you wanna know what censorship really is... go and stay on Darksofts forum...

...Getting neutered here is a lot harder... but a lot more brutal...

Make your choice Tgames...

acblunden2
12-01-2017, 05:18 AM
Folks, is this terraonion's official company logo?

https://www.neosdstore.com/shop/img/cms/terraonion_bitmap_color.png

I would like to include it in some personal/custom artwork.

wingzrow
12-01-2017, 06:52 AM
So darksoft's cart is a scam then? I hate to throw that word around, but when you don't talk to the community, you don't say how your product works, & you take 2 years to release a product...I mean they're clearly hiding SOMETHING.

lachlan
12-01-2017, 06:57 AM
NeoSD came out of nowhere and we all know plenty of work was done prior to anyone catching word of it. With darksoft you hear about it for years and there's still no real product. I'm all for competition but tit for tat bullshit and nothing to show for it is a pretty good sign things ain't working out.

Rot
12-01-2017, 06:58 AM
So darksoft's cart is a scam then? I hate to throw that word around, but when you don't talk to the community, you don't say how your product works, & you take 2 years to release a product...I mean they're clearly hiding SOMETHING.

I am not saying it's a scam...

I am sayin' the way they have shown the product... and the way they handle questions and answers is very unprofessional...

NO... Board Pics..
NO... Tech Questions maybe asked about it on their forum... or you get banned...
NO... Questions maybe asked on their youtube videos as the comments are deleted...

When Neosd was asking for 450Euros for his system... they bent over backwards to show the device and answer questions...

IF Dicksoft is asking 420Euros for a product no-one except his inner circle has seen or know the specs about... You are taking the preverbal piss out of the community...

xROTx

fenikso
12-01-2017, 08:39 AM
Yeah I'm at the "hard pass" stage with DS's flash cart. At some point next year I'll pick up the NeoSD for AES (got the MVS version already). I like my flash carts with a more professional backing and a bare minimum of transparency from the creators, both things missing from DS's 'pending' cart. Too much money at stake to be getting the brush off in relation to what are very basic questions. (How does it work, what roms does it use, can we see board pics, etc.)

aha2940
12-05-2017, 08:48 AM

It seems yes: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?241336-Post-Your-Recent-Purchases!&p=4253674&viewfull=1#post4253674

neosd
12-06-2017, 07:43 AM

we got a new one but its still work in progress

https://s8.postimg.org/gqgz5opet/terraonion-big.png

WNivek
12-06-2017, 11:31 AM
It may be only a work in progress, but that progress kicks ass! :D

greatfunky
12-06-2017, 11:40 AM
I love it !

Sunken
12-06-2017, 11:49 AM

Looks like a new shmup logo! :D

aoiddr
12-06-2017, 02:10 PM
Looks like a new shmup logo! :D

Bring on the NG Dev Team multi!

acblunden2
12-06-2017, 03:07 PM
Wowsers! That logo looks great!

phoenixdownita
12-09-2017, 12:26 AM
Just noted quite the discount (sale) on NeoSD MVS&AES, like 60EUR of discount .... that's substantial.

Is it because the one we cannot name product ship announcement has slowed down sales (fuxxing bastard, just come out and sell the shit or wait until you have it) or is it because there's gonna be a new/improved version soon?

aoiddr
12-09-2017, 08:46 AM
Just noted quite the discount (sale) on NeoSD MVS&AES, like 60EUR of discount .... that's substantial.

Is it because the one we cannot name product ship announcement has slowed down sales (fuxxing bastard, just come out and sell the shit or wait until you have it) or is it because there's gonna be a new/improved version soon?

Not seeing that discount on my end. So maybe it got changed back?

The prices up now seem to sync with what StoneAgeGamer sells them for:
399,99 € = $469.99
435,99 € = $509.99

RAZO
12-09-2017, 12:10 PM

Both logo's look nice but I think the first one with the dark grey and orange looks both simple and very professional.

ShootTheCore
12-09-2017, 01:44 PM
IMHO, at least one of the Os should look like an onion. Just my two cents. Adds a little iconic "branding" to the font.

sr20det510
12-09-2017, 05:53 PM
Not seeing that discount on my end. So maybe it got changed back?

The prices up now seem to sync with what StoneAgeGamer sells them for:
399,99 € = $469.99
435,99 € = $509.99

Don't forget to add about 15-30 Euros for shipping.

Gyrian
12-09-2017, 07:48 PM
Both logo's look nice but I think the first one with the dark grey and orange looks both simple and very professional.

I think the updated logo has more personality than the original, on top of being damn sleek. It's got a demo scene look that's spot on for this outfit. Cleans up real nice in solid colors, too:

https://i.imgur.com/TT9GMZN.png

powerflower
12-30-2017, 10:27 PM
Hi neo team,

Why does it take "so much" time to load a 80/90 MegaByte file? Did you have to program the memory controller into FPGA by yourself? Maybe USB next time, much faster in general.

And what kind of memory are the files loaded into?

Oh and do you know what bandwith the neo cart slot has?

greets

neodev
12-31-2017, 02:27 AM
It takes the time it needs :). To properly mimic a real cart and have a instant-on game boot, as in a real cart, data is programmed into flash memories. These memories need to be erased first, before writting, and erasing that amount of data requieres around 1 minute (you can find the manufacturer datasheets if you search for the part numbers of the cart chips). Also writting to flash chips is not as simple as placing the data on the bus and enabling the Write signal. There are a series writes that send commands to the flash to perform the write, and the write takes some time to complete (flash is slow writting)
Then there is the SD card speed. It's an embedded microprocessor with a very limited amount of ram (128KB for everything, filesystem, game list, control structures...) The SD bus runs at 25 mhz, in 4 bit mode, ideal conditions, it's 12MB/s at most. USB is not going to improve it. Those MCUs support up to usb 2.0 full speed , that is 12 mbit/s, that is around 1MB/s ideal.

Of course, you can use ram chips, but their contents are lost on boot and need to be written every boot, so, the mvs board first needs to boot a bootstrap code, that then loads the game to ram and reboots to the game, quite different from the instant boot of original carts and neosd. Also if using dram, adds an additional source of issues as neogeo was not designed for dram, and yo'll need to find the proper moments to refresh the dram, without interfering with normal execution.

About bandwidth, it's difficult, as there are many buses running in parallel: Graphics bus, z80 bus, audio bus, 68k bus.
The fastest one is the graphics bus. And I think the games use 120ns roms and it works fine (neosd flsshes are faster, 100ns), so it's 8MHZ, and it can read 32 bits at a time, so 32MB/s. This is theoretical maximum, as the actual speed the graphics hardware can access the roms is slower. It can access at most 8bits of sprite data every 12MHz clock, so that makes a maximul of 12MB/s, but this bus is also shared for the tile data and the zoom data and other internal accesses, so it's much less.
68k bus is 16 bits, with the same kind memories it could access up to 16MB/s, but the 68k can't access memory in a single cycle, and it also takes some cycles for instruction decoding, so divide it by 3 at least.
As I said, it's difficult to give a single number :)

greatfunky
12-31-2017, 04:05 AM
Hi neo team,

Why does it take "so much" time to load a 80/90 MegaByte file? Did you have to program the memory controller into FPGA by yourself? Maybe USB next time, much faster in general.

And what kind of memory are the files loaded into?

Oh and do you know what bandwith the neo cart slot has?

greets

Here : https://youtu.be/eap_qqWHx-U?t=778 a video (in French) of a comparative flash time between same flash cart technology , neosd vs everdrive md vs super everdrive with roms of almost the same size on the same sd card.

neosd win hands down , 3 times faster so not bad at all for a flash ram cart

powerflower
01-02-2018, 02:21 AM
Wow neodev, thank you very much for the detailed answer.

But, USB 2.0 is "ideal" 480 MegaBit per second, right? Which means 60 Mega BYTES? I am confused...

Oh and FUCK DARKSOFT :)

I worked for over 10 years in console modding/repairing stuff. No way DS would be a conversation at that times .... neither should it be today... :) Be real and transparent, easy as that.

Oh and thank you for sheddig some light of that holy Neo cart slot capabilities.

@ greatfunky

I wasn't bashing loading times in general, just curious why it takes the time it takes? Type 10 SD is 10 MBytes/sec... UHD SD stuff is wayyy beyond...

neodev
01-02-2018, 03:49 AM
Wow neodev, thank you very much for the detailed answer.

But, USB 2.0 is "ideal" 480 MegaBit per second, right? Which means 60 Mega BYTES? I am confused...

Oh and FUCK DARKSOFT :)

I worked for over 10 years in console modding/repairing stuff. No way DS would be a conversation at that times .... neither should it be today... :) Be real and transparent, easy as that.

Oh and thank you for sheddig some light of that holy Neo cart slot capabilities.

@ greatfunky

I wasn't bashing loading times in general, just curious why it takes the time it takes? Type 10 SD is 10 MBytes/sec... UHD SD stuff is wayyy beyond...

Yes, but that is usb 2.0 high speed. Embedded MCUs usually just support up to usb 2.0 full speec, that is 12 mbit/s.

Also the sd speed doesn matter too much, as it can only be read at the speed the mcu interface works, and that is 25MHz.

That's why I said that keep in mind we are on embedded firmware constraints, there aren't ghz or gigabytes of ram available. the MCU runs at 168MHz and only has around 128kb of ram. So even if you could run a high speed usb on the mcu (with an external usb 2.0 phy) you can't achieve the maximum speed, as it has to be read and processed. You'll need to read, process, and all the data writting in just 3 cpu cycles, and that's not possible.

powerflower
01-02-2018, 04:08 AM
That makes sense. Good to speak with people who know their stuff. Learned something today.

íQue tengas un buen dÝa! :)

hardyhell
01-04-2018, 03:25 AM
Yes, but that is usb 2.0 high speed. Embedded MCUs usually just support up to usb 2.0 full speec, that is 12 mbit/s.

Also the sd speed doesn matter too much, as it can only be read at the speed the mcu interface works, and that is 25MHz.

That's why I said that keep in mind we are on embedded firmware constraints, there aren't ghz or gigabytes of ram available. the MCU runs at 168MHz and only has around 128kb of ram. So even if you could run a high speed usb on the mcu (with an external usb 2.0 phy) you can't achieve the maximum speed, as it has to be read and processed. You'll need to read, process, and all the data writting in just 3 cpu cycles, and that's not possible.

hy.
so this means that the max Flash Speed for the neo sd has been hit by now and there are no more improvements possible?

thanks

pourquoi655
01-11-2018, 03:46 PM
hello I do not see the answer, I have neosd, support it or he will support the memory card and if he can not, can we add a physical memory card thank you in advance, I come soon order the super system 3 thanks for these happiness

leonk
01-17-2018, 01:14 PM
Kicking myself in the ass for waiting a whole year for DS lies to come true. No more. 1 NeoSD in the mail for me, and 1 NeoSD in the mail for a friend. I'm not waiting any longer! I would rather wait 2 mins for a game to load than 2 years for a game to load and then crash!

MobiusStripTech
01-17-2018, 01:47 PM
I am thinking I am going to pick up the NeoSD for my AES as soon as I get it fixed.

fille1976
01-17-2018, 02:47 PM
Kicking myself in the ass for waiting a whole year for DS lies to come true. No more. 1 NeoSD in the mail for me, and 1 NeoSD in the mail for a friend. I'm not waiting any longer! I would rather wait 2 mins for a game to load than 2 years for a game to load and then crash!

Smart decision leonk,its a fantastic product with great support.

MobiusStripTech
01-22-2018, 12:55 PM
Cancelled my DS cart order over the weekend. Not a fan of the lack of communication and being told that the MVS cart is a final revision but the AES will be redesigned based on issues in the MVS cart. For that price I don't want to be a test subject.

atman
01-29-2018, 02:14 AM
Hey!

I ordered a SSDS3 system and I must say I like the support that they do when fixing the final boards and makes a new revision.
Out of that I'm very intrested in buying a AES version of the neosd.

Got two questions.
Are the AES version in stock ready for shipping? It says as of december 14th that they are in stock. But it can be outdated info?
Are they compatible with a NG with a UniverseBios?

Thanks in advance.

neosd
01-29-2018, 05:34 AM
Hey!

I ordered a SSDS3 system and I must say I like the support that they do when fixing the final boards and makes a new revision.
Out of that I'm very intrested in buying a AES version of the neosd.

Got two questions.
Are the AES version in stock ready for shipping? It says as of december 14th that they are in stock. But it can be outdated info?
Are they compatible with a NG with a UniverseBios?

Thanks in advance.

We have stock
Its compatible with unibios

loganm187
01-31-2018, 04:21 PM
Okay guys I haven't logged in since the first major firmware update that added blood etc. Anything updated/added since then? I'd rather not read endless pages for info. Thanks!

AlxUnderBase
02-02-2018, 01:33 PM
My AES + NeoSD beauty + RGB Puckapunch retrogamingcable =>

https://www.facebook.com/AlexUnderBaseOficial/videos/1560555174028935/

atman
02-03-2018, 05:27 AM
We have stock
Its compatible with unibios

Thanks for the reply.

One more thing I wonder about. Im quite sick of DS waiting.. And its probably gonna cost near 500EUR..

I know some of krikzz flashcards have rated for like 100 000 refreshes. Does neosd:s memory have this lifespan as well?

Rot
02-03-2018, 06:25 AM
Thanks for the reply.

One more thing I wonder about. Im quite sick of DS waiting..

Me too.... SERIOUSLY... I've been waiting to end this affair for 3 years now...

I want it released... deal with the after effects... and move on... geez..

And its probably gonna cost near 500EUR..

Meh... spending that on a product with little to no info... is dumb... but i think the kiddy fiddlers on his forum are hoping it's good... as they like to think that Dicksoft is the messiah and has more tech knowledge than our forum..

I know some of krikzz flashcards have rated for like 100 000 refreshes. Does neosd:s memory have this lifespan as well?

FOOK knows... but it has been answered before...

xROTx

neodev
02-03-2018, 06:45 AM
Thanks for the reply.

One more thing I wonder about. Im quite sick of DS waiting.. And its probably gonna cost near 500EUR..

Yes, the same applies to neosd. Each time you flash a new game, it will take a flash erase/write cycle, and the flashes support 100 000 erase cycles. We estimated that if you flash 10 different games per day, they will last around 30 years.

Also something that people forgot about DS cart is that it also uses flashes (for main program and sound program IIRC), so the same limits apply to that cart, ahthough having 3 slots to choose from increases the total lifespan, as long as the write is balanced, so despite using "infinite writes" RAM, the flashes will still wear.

Razoola
02-03-2018, 07:51 AM
I noticed there is a new samsho V dump in MAME released a few days back. Will you add it into the next neobuilder?

atman
02-03-2018, 09:14 AM
Me too.... SERIOUSLY... I've been waiting to end this affair for 3 years now...

I want it released... deal with the after effects... and move on... geez..

Meh... spending that on a product with little to no info... is dumb... but i think the kiddy fiddlers on his forum are hoping it's good... as they like to think that Dicksoft is the messiah and has more tech knowledge than our forum..

FOOK knows... but it has been answered before...

xROTx

Ye, the info is probably somewhere. But I haven't been around for all 125pages...
I agree, some poll about what music should be on the cart... who cares?

Yes, the same applies to neosd. Each time you flash a new game, it will take a flash erase/write cycle, and the flashes support 100 000 erase cycles. We estimated that if you flash 10 different games per day, they will last around 30 years.

Also something that people forgot about DS cart is that it also uses flashes (for main program and sound program IIRC), so the same limits apply to that cart, ahthough having 3 slots to choose from increases the total lifespan, as long as the write is balanced, so despite using "infinite writes" RAM, the flashes will still wear.

OK, thanks for the info. I'm 99.99% certain that I'll never come close to flash it 100k times during my lifetime BUT, in theory is that Flashmemory changeable? Is it one or several chips?

Rot
02-03-2018, 09:30 AM
Ye, the info is probably somewhere. But I haven't been around for all 125pages...

Let's just say... I'm relaxing and leave it at that...

Not that i'm being a hardass about it... but if you had read the 125 pages... you'd realised there's a list of "Do's and do not do's"...

My name is mentioned a few times...

xROTx

neodev
02-05-2018, 02:56 AM
I noticed there is a new samsho V dump in MAME released a few days back. Will you add it into the next neobuilder?

Yes, that, and the new blues journey dump that happened some months ago will be added to the next neobuilder version.

Razoola
02-05-2018, 03:21 AM
That new Sam Sho V dump is a build a week earlier than the home version of the game.

Shipwreck_00
02-16-2018, 05:09 PM
Has the last hope rom been added to neobuilder?

Kid Panda
02-16-2018, 06:03 PM
Has the last hope rom been added to neobuilder?

No and it won't be. Don't ask. It was omitted at the request of NG: DEV

Shipwreck_00
02-16-2018, 06:08 PM
Ohh ok I kinda figured as much just didn't know.

atman
02-20-2018, 06:42 AM
Think neoSD:s menu are a bit more easier to get an hold of.
Wonder if there is or will be support for high scores to save on the SD?

viking
02-20-2018, 06:27 PM
Think neoSD:s menu are a bit more easier to get an hold of.
Wonder if there is or will be support for high scores to save on the SD?
- [NEW] AES boards can now save the highscores to SD, the same than MVS boards backup ram save.
From NeoSD_firmware_1.06_changelog.txt file

atman
02-21-2018, 01:48 AM
- [NEW] AES boards can now save the highscores to SD, the same than MVS boards backup ram save.
From NeoSD_firmware_1.06_changelog.txt file

Thanks for the info!

Where do I find firmware changelogs?
Have anyone tried the save feature? Its not listed as a feature on the neosdstore.

viking
02-21-2018, 06:42 PM
Where do I find firmware changelogs?
The download section

atman
02-22-2018, 01:44 AM
The download section

Thanks for the info, but I'm not a neosd customer yet. (i preordered the ssds3 tho)

From what I understand the neosd can hold its game for years to be able to quickboot.

While DS always copy from SD to DDR every time it boots up? Even if it's seconds, its still a copy being done.

neodev
02-22-2018, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the info, but I'm not a neosd customer yet. (i preordered the ssds3 tho)

From what I understand the neosd can hold its game for years to be able to quickboot.

While DS always copy from SD to DDR every time it boots up? Even if it's seconds, its still a copy being done.

Here is the full changelog of 1.06:

- [NEW] Jukebox support. Press Start on "Launch Current Game" to show a menu with the new Jukebox option. Check www.neosdstore.com FAQs section to know how to load song names.
- [NEW] New MVS backup data saving/restoring mode. Backup data can now be continuously saved to the SD card on every game loop, also restored from the SD card when the game boots.
....This method will work even for MVS boards with broken/no battery. The previous method is now called "Game Change" in the options screen.
....Because AES don't have a backup ram, only 2 options are available: Yes (continuous) and No.
- [NEW] Backup data files are now named with the game name, hardware and region, instead of using the game ID. This avoid issues with different versions of the game having different backup ram structures.
Old save files will be automatically updated and renamed to the new format.
- [NEW] MVS mode for AES. You can now play the MVS versions of the games with a stock AES bios, but it has a few differences with actual MVS boards:
....- Games will run in freeplay. The stock AES bios doesn't know about credits and how to increment/decrement them.
....- Games run with demo sound disabled. This value is directly read from the MVS backup ram hardware, that AES boards lack.
....- Running games in USA region doesn't show the "Winners don't use drugs". The stock AES bios doesn't have the code to show that.
....- Games using the bios "how to play" routines will have that screen skipped by NeoSD. This screen needs the bios tiles rom that AES boards lack.
- [NEW] Softdips configuration from game list. Press Start on any game to show a menu with the SoftDip option. This option is only available on MVS boards and MVS mode on AES boards.
....It's mostly useful for MVS mode in AES, as the stock AES bios doesn't have softdip configuration screen.

- [FIX] Timing issues with some boards
- [FIX] CTHD not working on AES boards.
- [FIX] Riding hero slow attract mode in AES.
- [FIX] Region changes to AES are working properly now.

atman
02-23-2018, 01:46 AM
Here is the full changelog of 1.06:

- [NEW] Jukebox support. Press Start on "Launch Current Game" to show a menu with the new Jukebox option. Check www.neosdstore.com FAQs section to know how to load song names.
- [NEW] New MVS backup data saving/restoring mode. Backup data can now be continuously saved to the SD card on every game loop, also restored from the SD card when the game boots.
....This method will work even for MVS boards with broken/no battery. The previous method is now called "Game Change" in the options screen.
....Because AES don't have a backup ram, only 2 options are available: Yes (continuous) and No.
- [NEW] Backup data files are now named with the game name, hardware and region, instead of using the game ID. This avoid issues with different versions of the game having different backup ram structures.
Old save files will be automatically updated and renamed to the new format.
- [NEW] MVS mode for AES. You can now play the MVS versions of the games with a stock AES bios, but it has a few differences with actual MVS boards:
....- Games will run in freeplay. The stock AES bios doesn't know about credits and how to increment/decrement them.
....- Games run with demo sound disabled. This value is directly read from the MVS backup ram hardware, that AES boards lack.
....- Running games in USA region doesn't show the "Winners don't use drugs". The stock AES bios doesn't have the code to show that.
....- Games using the bios "how to play" routines will have that screen skipped by NeoSD. This screen needs the bios tiles rom that AES boards lack.
- [NEW] Softdips configuration from game list. Press Start on any game to show a menu with the SoftDip option. This option is only available on MVS boards and MVS mode on AES boards.
....It's mostly useful for MVS mode in AES, as the stock AES bios doesn't have softdip configuration screen.

- [FIX] Timing issues with some boards
- [FIX] CTHD not working on AES boards.
- [FIX] Riding hero slow attract mode in AES.
- [FIX] Region changes to AES are working properly now.

Thanks!

I'm quite new to the NG scene and brought a AES this year. Want to get a flashcart and I must say im very impressed with neosd, the ONLY downside is its time to flash games. But I think its the only downside.

Love that it can be booted right in the game like it was an original cart. Highscore and jukebokx are great features.

Planned for a long time to wait for DS, but now I gonna take that back and order a neosd.

atman
02-28-2018, 03:15 AM
And there I ordered a neoSD AES version.

I waited for DS just to compare which is the best one, and for me the neoSD comes out as the winner of those two.

Zerrminator
02-28-2018, 10:07 PM
I just wanted to say thank you for a great product. I ordered a NeoSD MVS off Stone Age Gamer and it's been absolutely perfect! Thank you for bringing this to the community.

DaytimeDreamer
03-02-2018, 04:41 AM
Looks like there Neo SD AES is out of stock. Will this be available again any time soon?

atman
03-02-2018, 04:54 AM
Looks like there Neo SD AES is out of stock. Will this be available again any time soon?

Yep, I'm wondering the same.

I ordered before they went out of stock, wonder if mine will ship anytime soon.
Still order status "payment accepted".

Havent seen any neo-teams active for some days here..

neosd
03-02-2018, 05:30 AM
Hello,

It will be in stock again, we have placed a new order some weeks ago and factory has both chips and pcbs to solder.
Super SD System 3 delayed everything.

The ones with an active (and payed order) will get theyr AES shipped next week.
New orders will have to wait until we have shipped all Super SD System 3 pending orders. This is why we have put stock to 0, to avoid people purchasing and waiting more than one month to get its unit shipped.

atman
03-02-2018, 08:53 AM
Thanks for the update! Great to hear!

Rave
03-03-2018, 01:21 AM
Hello Terraonion,

I ordered the neoSD MVS just after xmas, and I just wanted to say thank you for such and amazing product, it far outdid my expectations, and I am now able to play games I could only dream of owning carts for before! thank you :)

thegreathopper
03-03-2018, 05:00 AM
Got my tracking number Friday, thanks guys for a great product.

gamelife00
03-03-2018, 06:21 AM
I've had a NeoSD now for a couple of months and been really enjoying it since switching from my old 161-1 cart. one thing i always wondered though (since the announcement of the NeoSD) is why someone hasn't ever just released a cart (like the 161-1) that plays every single Neo Geo game for say $100-200? seeing how the NeoSD is $400+ and the 161-1 carts are $100 it would be a nice middle ground and a cheaper option.

lachlan
03-03-2018, 06:26 AM
I've had a NeoSD now for a couple of months and been really enjoying it since switching from my old 161-1 cart. one thing i always wondered though (since the announcement of the NeoSD) is why someone hasn't ever just released a cart (like the 161-1) that plays every single Neo Geo game for say $100-200? seeing how the NeoSD is $400+ and the 161-1 carts are $100 it would be a nice middle ground and a cheaper option.

Its very much possible to have such a cart. Why though? that's a good question for the Chinese who made those multis.

gamelife00
03-03-2018, 06:32 AM
this is probably a stupid question for those in the know, but how is the NeoSD different to the 161-1 multis? there both a form of emulation and both run on legit hardware.

is it just down to the Neo SD playing legit certified games and running them more authentically whilst the 161 plays hacks/sometimes glitchy versions etc

Fuckwit1200
03-03-2018, 06:40 AM
don't have to be in the know, it uses a basic directory. (read changelogs too.)
any and all verified rom dumps, including the possibility of hack roms playing.
neosd is a virtual developers tool as well.
no need to print a pcb to check own coding.
the multi-cards are fixed and not subject to user change. (not counting hardhacks by pros.)
this neosd card is the main reason i'm keeping a lookout for a console or consolized coinop. :)
[edit]
shit touchscreen.

crocchio
03-08-2018, 07:32 AM
hi all
i' d like to buy a aes flash card, but i have a question. will be out a new version of this card?(i have read around so)! is it true?
thanks
ps sorry for bad english

elevengames
03-08-2018, 09:51 AM
hi all
i' d like to buy a aes flash card, but i have a question. will be out a new version of this card?(i have read around so)! is it true?
thanks
ps sorry for bad english

The announcement can be found here: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?274221-NEOSD-PRO-The-New-Terranonion-Neo-Geo-Product-March-2018

atman
03-12-2018, 03:31 AM
Brought the neoSD AES version and had some time this weekend to try it out.
Jeez, really nice. I dont have any hickups or issues. All working smooth. Relly nice with the highscore feature. I dont bother with the flash times at all, once loaded the game is instant like it should be.

5/5 from me.

Bay78
08-06-2018, 01:39 PM
Hi there, I’m wondering if anyone has tested if you can play your Neo Geo Dev team games with the NeoSD?

MobiusStripTech
08-06-2018, 02:19 PM
Hi there, I’m wondering if anyone has tested if you can play your Neo Geo Dev team games with the NeoSD?

No. And you never will be able to.

Bay78
08-06-2018, 04:24 PM
Well that’s a good thing actually. So they know that they can continue to develop without having to worry about their work going unpaid. Also for the consumer that buys the Neo Geo Dev games will be happy as well that not just anyone can play it.

MobiusStripTech
08-06-2018, 04:45 PM
Well that’s a good thing actually. So they know that they can continue to develop without having to worry about their work going unpaid. Also for the consumer that buys the Neo Geo Dev games will be happy as well that not just anyone can play it.

That is exactly why. Aside from some of the games requiring more memory than is available on the NeoSD. It's mainly about respecting the IP of a current dev.

Plastiq
09-05-2018, 01:41 AM
When will the AES version be back in stock?

neosd
09-05-2018, 04:27 PM
When will the AES version be back in stock?

I would say 6 weeks aprox, we just got out of stock and we submited another batch order. MVS is in stock BTW

That is exactly why. Aside from some of the games requiring more memory than is available on the NeoSD. It's mainly about respecting the IP of a current dev.

That's correct, we don't want to harm anyone and honestly we want ng dev team to succeed as much as possible. My own best wishes for them and for theyr company

abathur
09-07-2018, 09:59 AM
If only there was a way to digitally license the games, as in offering paid ROM downloads, somehow tied to the serial of NeoSD units. More monetizing for NGDT, and another reason to buy NeoSD. A man can dream ...

Plastiq
10-12-2018, 11:25 PM
It's been almost been 6 weeks, still no NeoSD AES's?

neosd
10-16-2018, 03:50 AM
It's been almost been 6 weeks, still no NeoSD AES's?

Still not, we had issues sourcing chips.

Good news is yesterday we finally managed to source the remaining chips, so there is going to be stock back, now the ball its at pcbs/smt factory┤s court

Numsay
10-16-2018, 09:15 AM
This is great news. Thanks for keeping us up to date.

Rot
10-16-2018, 09:32 AM
Alex is a good lad... and he likes this forum...

So, to me... i sorta keep my eye on this stuff...

Call it a form of mutual existence.... Alex get's exposure, support and of course, sales... I get the footfall on our forums....

xROTx

PS. JUST incase anyone asks... I do this stuff Free Of Charge... for Shawn and Alex... so don't think I'm getting anything from this except a healthy scene and forum....

Numsay
10-16-2018, 09:54 AM
I definitely stumbled in researching this product. Glad I did, not that I can contribute much but this is a fun rabbit hole to go down with a lot of history.

Plastiq
10-16-2018, 03:09 PM
Still not, we had issues sourcing chips.

Good news is yesterday we finally managed to source the remaining chips, so there is going to be stock back, now the ball its at pcbs/smt factory┤s court

Well, I hope that's soon. If not, I will try to find one second hand.

Numsay
12-03-2018, 11:19 AM
Looks like these are available to order at Terra Onion and available to pre order at Stone age gamer.

Yodd
12-03-2018, 11:52 PM
Yes. We have a limited supply of AES carts back in stock with more coming in about 3 weeks.