PDA

View Full Version : MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13

LDigital
06-04-2017, 05:41 PM
Any estimate on the public release of the new fw? I saw gadgets vid today about the beta fw and it looks great

gunaska
06-05-2017, 01:09 AM
Hello,

small update about the shells (again)
Shells are produced, factory will ship those to us on monday.

If anyone needs to change shipping address, please modify the shipping details on the webshop.

Thanks

why ignore me again?

Electric Grave
06-05-2017, 12:28 PM
Wow, so many inpatient noobs, I feel bad for NeoSD, guy works hard to get things done.

neosd
06-05-2017, 01:10 PM
Any estimate on the public release of the new fw? I saw gadgets vid today about the beta fw and it looks great

As soon as we get some air, firmware is ready to be released, we finished AES version last friday and we were waiting for more user feedback ...

So many pending things right now, i still were not able to answer the emails from this weekend, sorry about that guys, i will answer those tomorrow.

Sorry, the day dosenīt has more hours.

Grendell
06-06-2017, 01:03 PM
hello wanted to show my mvs and aes card and maybe help with someting that can happen to some of you in the near future :D i had the mvs board since last jear , one / two weeks ago i got my aes card and the shell for the mvs board , i put the mvs board in to the shell and i had the probem to get the board straight , every time i put it together it was slightly mismatched , someone in here had the same problem but i forgot how he soved it

there is something leftover from produktion (marked red) , i did removed it around the board and now it fits

Edit: if someone uses this picture to assemble their board and shell please keep in mind i am playing on a Omega cmvs , this picure here shows the back of the shell and in this shell i flipped the board so the sd slot is on the left side ( arrow on the board is my front side ) this may be different on other mvs / cmvs motherboards

and a last picture ;D

gum_drops
06-06-2017, 01:15 PM
why ignore me again?

Cuz china?

Relax buddy. Add some powdered rhino horn to your morning tea. It not only relieves stress but also prevents cancer.

Judge Dredd
06-06-2017, 01:28 PM
THE ISOCUBES NEED MORE PERPS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

Tripredacus
06-06-2017, 02:02 PM
THE ISOCUBES NEED MORE PERPS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

Who is this "you" ? Gum_drops, Dark Jaguar, Grendell, the ignored chinaman?

Electric Grave
06-06-2017, 02:07 PM
Who is this "you" ? Gum_drops, tripedacus, Grendell, the ignored chinaman?

FIFY

lachlan
06-07-2017, 07:18 AM
Any and all complaints from Chinese members should be directed to their local Neo-Geo.com imperialist overseer. In this case it would be our lovely LoneSage if I'm not mistaken.

neosd
06-07-2017, 08:21 AM
Ok guys,

Shells arrived :)

https://s14.postimg.org/yjw6f4k69/shells.png

We will start packing asap, before next week ends, every free shell will be shipped.

Thanks

GadgetUK
06-07-2017, 02:29 PM
Ok guys,

Shells arrived :)

https://s14.postimg.org/yjw6f4k69/shells.png

We will start packing asap, before next week ends, every free shell will be shipped.

Thanks

Awesome!!!

fille1976
06-07-2017, 03:17 PM
ok neosd,then i got my my neosd aes and my mvs shell,nice next week for me,thx for your hard work,appreciated.

Jontox
06-07-2017, 03:36 PM
This IS the news all early adopters want to hear... thanks guys !!!

ckchan
06-07-2017, 09:42 PM
Can't wait to receive the MVS shell!

MattBlah
06-08-2017, 05:22 AM
Wonderful news. Really looking forward to the shells arrival.

Electric Grave
06-11-2017, 03:57 AM
ok neosd,then i got my my neosd aes and my mvs shell,nice next week for me,thx for your hard work,appreciated.
nice next week for you?

fille1976
06-11-2017, 04:11 AM
my neosd aes and my shell are shipped from friday,probably tuesday or wednesday there here.

vysethebold
06-12-2017, 09:05 PM
Awesome news! Can't wait to see it!!

fille1976
06-13-2017, 01:52 AM
neosd aes and my mvs shell arrived well,thx neosd,great job.
pictures are here.
now its just waiting for the new firmware.

http://i65.tinypic.com/1okfaa.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/26390nq.jpg

juarezkid
06-20-2017, 02:51 PM
neosd aes and my mvs shell arrived well,thx neosd,great job.
pictures are here.
now its just waiting for the new firmware.

http://i65.tinypic.com/1okfaa.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/26390nq.jpg

very kool, I will be ordering mine soon

SNK_Pro
06-21-2017, 02:31 AM
Now that I've had my SD a while I have to say it's a great product. I've seen complaints elsewhere about loading times and how the 'vapourware competitor' will be better, but that's just nonsense as far as I can see. It would only ever be an issue if you weren't putting any time in to a game that you've flashed in and were constantly switching games every few minutes, which I would guess most of the people complaining about it do. For them I guess it's all about the "yeah, I've played that" retro points than the actual gaming itself.

Nostromo
06-21-2017, 06:33 AM
NeoSD is an awesome product had it from day one. Looking forward to receive my shell (any day/week now?) as those look badass.

neosd
06-21-2017, 10:45 AM
NeoSD is an awesome product had it from day one. Looking forward to receive my shell (any day/week now?) as those look badass.

Hello,

Sorry about not answering before, last weeks have been crazy.

I just want to let you know guys that (ofcourse) we have honored our promise, we have shipped EVERY free shell by Correos (its egistered mail, so you will have to sign to pick it)

I want to apologize for not bein able to do it before.
When we started NEOSD project, we knew boards manufacturing was going to be hard. You always get a failure rate while manufacturing, you may find an issue you canīt fix by software and have to ask customers for a recall, or even worst, ask your customers to solder wires on your product. To avoid that we spent 3 months trying the final board layout on a lot of boards.
We were really happy thinking nothing would ruin the factoring process/user experience, we never thought something like those stupid plastics pieces would have any science.

So for the last months, i traveled a lot of times to shells factory, to improve the final pieces. Free shells put us in a hard situation cause we didnīt want to pay more than what we agreeded with the facgtory (this was already A LOT of money), and they werenīt happy doing changes on the mold. You guys canīt imagine how many times the owner of the factory told me "my workers wont touch your mold anymore". I just had to eat that shit and not argue with him, i just wanted a good job, just what we payed a pile of money for.
For some reason the owner of the factory thought he could do a low quality job and charge us an insane pile of money for that ...

So with this situation was :

Every time they put the mold on the machines, only 20% of the produced pieces were ok, the rest had issues. So what we did was take those good pieces and put it on new orders. We never had enough shells to even ship 50% of the free shells at once. They were doing changes on the mold, producing shells, doing changes on the mold, producing shells ....

With this situation, we had two choices :
a) pay the final part of the mold (this was the main reason why they ended fixing the mold, but not the only one ...) and get shells for everyone
b) insist to the factory to fix imperfections and give us a good mold, then pay the lst part of the mold and build a large shells batch.

It was a hard decision, cause people keept sending emails about the free shells, and this ends generating a hard situation not only on us, but on you guys, aswel.
On the other hand, we had StoneAge gamer waiting for an order, we had not enough shells to process theyr order aswel. Now shells situation is solved, we have sent theyr order and they have NEOSD in stock in USA.

Well, we took the decision to have a good mold, it took a lot of time and effor, but we did it.
You guys had to wait far much more than we expected/wanted.
We had to deal with that.
All i can say is : sorry, we have learnt the lesson and we will do our best to not have to deal with this anymore for future projects.

Our main goal has always been to have everyone happy, and make money while doing that, to be able to develop other things we as gamers, want to own.

On the other way, 10.6 firmware is ready, we dindīt wanted to release it until the free shells were shipped, for but this is not the only reason, we were waiting (and we still are), for someone to release it (for a good reason). Just give us a bit more of time before release it please, it may be next week, or in 2 weeks. We want do this the good way :)

Alex,

fille1976
06-21-2017, 11:51 AM
you made the good choice neosd,i'm verry happy with my aes and mvs neosd.
you always have to deal with problems or people that are impatience.
but you delivered a perfekt product,congrats again for it,job done for the neo geo aes and mvs.
maybe in the future you want to make an sdbased solution for neo geo cd.

TotalMoop
06-21-2017, 12:18 PM

I would really like an SD solution for the Neo Geo CD too... even if it cant improve the speed, it'd make life easier with these lasers slowly quitting.

Still very happy with the NeoSD.. It's getting a lot of use and I've had zero issues with it. Good work TerraOnion Team.

Sceptre_JLRB
06-21-2017, 12:48 PM
@neosd
Thank you so much for the update and for the free shell! Maybe in a couple of days I'll have it, as a sexy clothing for my NeoSD. :-)
You made the proper decision, don't even worry about that!

BTW, the new firmware is wondrously badass, everyone's gonna love it, for sure.

neosd
06-21-2017, 04:11 PM
you made the good choice neosd,i'm verry happy with my aes and mvs neosd.
you always have to deal with problems or people that are impatience.
but you delivered a perfekt product,congrats again for it,job done for the neo geo aes and mvs.

I would really like an SD solution for the Neo Geo CD too... even if it cant improve the speed, it'd make life easier with these lasers slowly quitting.

Still very happy with the NeoSD.. It's getting a lot of use and I've had zero issues with it. Good work TerraOnion Team.

Thanks for the words, its an honor to read such coments about our work.

About Neo Geo CD :

We have to carefully choose the projects we work at. NEOSD keeps paying the bills since October, but eventually sales will slow down, maybe it will be in one year, or in two years, who knows ....
We have top people on our the team, and top people have high salaries. You know, if you pay with penauts, you have monkeys ...

We started our new project before NEOSD was released to the market, it has been one coder coding it since that, and still isnt ready.
Another coder spent the last 6 months polishing every single small detail on NEOSD firmware, and adding features.
We do serious stuff, not a pcb with a pile of flashes in a row with an arm to write those and a LCD screen to choose the game ... This is not what we would want for ourselves, neither for anyone else.

We need sales to maintain the team, if we do something like Neo Geo CD, and ends being one year development product, with 2 coders and pcb design, prototyping and so, we have to sell a pile of units at a medium price, or less units at high price, or we die ....

If you ask me, i would fix all this LCD mess out there and would make proper devices for every system. Inside myself, this is part of my own roadmap, but again, sales will decide future projects and how many resources we can pay.

We hope our new device will be ready this year. This will make 1,5 years to develop it, i tell you guys this is some impressive thingle.
So lets just be patient (again), good things need a good amount of time, we will first make things that require real skills and not monkeys, and when all those are ready, we will start fixing others mess.

@neosd
Thank you so much for the update and for the free shell! Maybe in a couple of days I'll have it, as a sexy clothing for my NeoSD. :-)
You made the proper decision, don't even worry about that!

BTW, the new firmware is wondrously badass, everyone's gonna love it, for sure.

Thanks, not only for all the versions you have tried for the last months, but also for not ask to get your free shell shipped before anyone else, i would love to have shipped yours in advance, but i thought the right thing is to treat everyone the same way, the ones that colaborate with us and the ones that donīt.

I have only good words for everyone on the neo geo scene we meet, on the last months.

My infinite gratitude guys, you made NEOSD possible, we just take the risk to fund it in the first place, nothing else.

Rot
06-21-2017, 04:20 PM
I like forward thinking people...

The Neosd Flashcart is good... I'm pretty impressed.... I'll wait for the next project... I should be here to see how it develops....

HOWEVER, Neosd and their company dont need much hand holding from me now... time for me to take a back seat...

xROTx

aha2940
06-21-2017, 06:18 PM
Hello,

Sorry about not answering before, last weeks have been crazy.

I just want to let you know guys that (ofcourse) we have honored our promise, we have shipped EVERY free shell by Correos (its egistered mail, so you will have to sign to pick it)

I want to apologize for not bein able to do it before.
When we started NEOSD project, we knew boards manufacturing was going to be hard. You always get a failure rate while manufacturing, you may find an issue you canï―īt fix by software and have to ask customers for a recall, or even worst, ask your customers to solder wires on your product. To avoid that we spent 3 months trying the final board layout on a lot of boards.
We were really happy thinking nothing would ruin the factoring process/user experience, we never thought something like those stupid plastics pieces would have any science.

So for the last months, i traveled a lot of times to shells factory, to improve the final pieces. Free shells put us in a hard situation cause we didnï―īt want to pay more than what we agreeded with the facgtory (this was already A LOT of money), and they werenï―īt happy doing changes on the mold. You guys canï―īt imagine how many times the owner of the factory told me "my workers wont touch your mold anymore". I just had to eat that shit and not argue with him, i just wanted a good job, just what we payed a pile of money for.
For some reason the owner of the factory thought he could do a low quality job and charge us an insane pile of money for that ...

So with this situation was :

Every time they put the mold on the machines, only 20% of the produced pieces were ok, the rest had issues. So what we did was take those good pieces and put it on new orders. We never had enough shells to even ship 50% of the free shells at once. They were doing changes on the mold, producing shells, doing changes on the mold, producing shells ....

With this situation, we had two choices :
a) pay the final part of the mold (this was the main reason why they ended fixing the mold, but not the only one ...) and get shells for everyone
b) insist to the factory to fix imperfections and give us a good mold, then pay the lst part of the mold and build a large shells batch.

It was a hard decision, cause people keept sending emails about the free shells, and this ends generating a hard situation not only on us, but on you guys, aswel.
On the other hand, we had StoneAge gamer waiting for an order, we had not enough shells to process theyr order aswel. Now shells situation is solved, we have sent theyr order and they have NEOSD in stock in USA.

Well, we took the decision to have a good mold, it took a lot of time and effor, but we did it.
You guys had to wait far much more than we expected/wanted.
We had to deal with that.
All i can say is : sorry, we have learnt the lesson and we will do our best to not have to deal with this anymore for future projects.

Our main goal has always been to have everyone happy, and make money while doing that, to be able to develop other things we as gamers, want to own.

On the other way, 10.6 firmware is ready, we dindï―īt wanted to release it until the free shells were shipped, for but this is not the only reason, we were waiting (and we still are), for someone to release it (for a good reason). Just give us a bit more of time before release it please, it may be next week, or in 2 weeks. We want do this the good way :)

Alex,

Thanks for the hard work guys. One question though: I have not seen a list of improvements that the 10.6 firmware brings. Is there such a list yet somewhere? are there any new features or is it just compatibility fixes?

RAZO
06-21-2017, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the hard work guys. One question though: I have not seen a list of improvements that the 10.6 firmware brings. Is there such a list yet somewhere? are there any new features or is it just compatibility fixes?

I think GadgetUk did a small review on youtube.

Sceptre_JLRB
06-21-2017, 07:12 PM
Thanks, not only for all the versions you have tried for the last months, but also for not ask to get your free shell shipped before anyone else, i would love to have shipped yours in advance, but i thought the right thing is to treat everyone the same way, the ones that colaborate with us and the ones that donīt..

No problem! As you know, I agreed with that from the moment free shells were announced. That's fair and the way it has to be! :-)
Of course, I'm very pleased to have been given the opportunity to collaborate in beta-testing new NeoSD firmware versions! Thank you very much!

I myself did a review on this very same thread a couple of months ago, detailing the new features of this firmware:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?268514-MVS-amp-AES-NEOSD-flash-card-AES-Version-ANNOUNCED-amp-AVAILABLE!!&p=4195888&viewfull=1#post4195888

Addendum:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?268514-MVS-amp-AES-NEOSD-flash-card-AES-Version-ANNOUNCED-amp-AVAILABLE!!&p=4196857&viewfull=1#post4196857

Add to this the fact that now savefiles are not named after game ID, but after .neo filename, in order to avoid problems with games sharing the same ID or clones, hacks, etc. However, the 'involuntary' The Super Spy title screen fix on UniBIOS 3.2 is gone in the final version, since it was a side-effect from an already solved synchronization issue.

BTW, there is no compatibility fixes, since Neo-Geo library compatibility already was 100% from day #1. ;-)

In addition, you also have GadgetUK's video-review on YouTube. ;-)

kaironman
06-22-2017, 05:16 AM
Good work guys, looking forward to know something about your next project.

xsq
06-22-2017, 07:41 AM
time for me to take a back seat...
you did good Rot.

neosd
06-22-2017, 08:17 AM

Hello,

There are new functions such as mvs mode on AES, jukebox, soft dips ...
And a lot of improvements, based on users reports and our internal tests aswel. Save handling is a good example of that.

We will include a changelog with the firmware update, we have a new "surprise feature" aswel, we got the first feedback yesterday from this "surprise" and the result was good, so 1.06 release as today seems imminent (prolly next week)

Also, i just got some sexy pictures from Stone Age yesterday i want to share with you all

https://s7.postimg.org/85biyh2az/20170621_164836.jpg

https://s7.postimg.org/p78yeb6jv/20170621_164742.jpg

fille1976
06-22-2017, 08:57 AM
nice cab,i want also a neo geo cab,but can't place it here.

aha2940
06-22-2017, 09:54 AM
I think GadgetUk did a small review on youtube.

Thanks RAZ_HOE, somehow I missed Gadget's review. I'll check it out.

No problem! As you know, I agreed with that from the moment free shells were announced. That's fair and the way it has to be! :-)
Of course, I'm very pleased to have been given the opportunity to collaborate in beta-testing new NeoSD firmware versions! Thank you very much!

I myself did a review on this very same thread a couple of months ago, detailing the new features of this firmware:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?268514-MVS-amp-AES-NEOSD-flash-card-AES-Version-ANNOUNCED-amp-AVAILABLE!!&p=4195888&viewfull=1#post4195888

Addendum:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?268514-MVS-amp-AES-NEOSD-flash-card-AES-Version-ANNOUNCED-amp-AVAILABLE!!&p=4196857&viewfull=1#post4196857

Add to this the fact that now savefiles are not named after game ID, but after .neo filename, in order to avoid problems with games sharing the same ID or clones, hacks, etc. However, the 'involuntary' The Super Spy title screen fix on UniBIOS 3.2 is gone in the final version, since it was a side-effect from an already solved synchronization issue.

BTW, there is no compatibility fixes, since Neo-Geo library compatibility already was 100% from day #1. ;-)

In addition, you also have GadgetUK's video-review on YouTube. ;-)

Thanks for the info Sceptre, I'll check your posts and Gadget's review. BTW: with compatibility fixes I did not mean games, I meant some MVS boards that seemed to be picky about playing with the neosd ;)

Hello,

And a lot of improvements, based on users reports and our internal tests aswel. Save handling is a good example of that.

We will include a changelog with the firmware update, we have a new "surprise feature" aswel, we got the first feedback yesterday from this "surprise" and the result was good, so 1.06 release as today seems imminent (prolly next week)

Thanks for the info neosd, the soft dips feature sounds nice, hope it can be used to have red blood on Metal Slug series while having English language. Also curious: how can I access the Downloads section of the store? I tried my email/pass from the main store but it did not work...

Thanks!!

neosd
06-22-2017, 10:02 AM

Thanks for the info Sceptre, I'll check your posts and Gadget's review. BTW: with compatibility fixes I did not mean games, I meant some MVS boards that seemed to be picky about playing with the neosd ;)

Thanks for the info neosd, the soft dips feature sounds nice, hope it can be used to have red blood on Metal Slug series while having English language. Also curious: how can I access the Downloads section of the store? I tried my email/pass from the main store but it did not work...

Thanks!!

Hello,

You have to click on recover password, the FAQ describes the procedure :

https://www.neosdstore.com/shop/index.php?id_cms=7&controller=cms&id_lang=3

Thanks

neodev
06-22-2017, 10:09 AM

Thanks!!

Yes, it includes all the compatibility fixes that we have been distributed in a case by case basis lately.

Tgames
06-22-2017, 11:15 AM
@NeoSD, where is the tracking number for the free shell ?

Best Regards.

neosd
06-22-2017, 11:36 AM

Best Regards.

Hello,

We havent put it on the webshop cause this would remove the original tracking and we need that there.
If you need tracking, send us an email with your name and we will send you a copy of the shipment receipt with the tracking.

Thanks

MattBlah
06-22-2017, 11:39 AM

Best Regards.

Correos were pretty quick with the EU orders last time. I'd suggest giving it a week or two before bothering NeoSD for tracking numbers.

neosd
06-22-2017, 11:43 AM
Correos were pretty quick with the EU orders last time. I'd suggest giving it a week or two before bothering NeoSD for tracking numbers.

I would preffer that, please.

We printed a list with all shipments without shell back in the day, and we have shipped one to everyone on that list. So, if the worries are about not receiving it, donīt be worried we did a good job and if dosenīt arrives we will check the tracking and ship another one if needed ... No one is going to be without the free shell, we got a pile in stock now.

Just give it some time to arrive, in 2 weeks people should start getting it ...

aha2940
06-22-2017, 11:45 AM
Hello,

You have to click on recover password, the FAQ describes the procedure :

https://www.neosdstore.com/shop/index.php?id_cms=7&controller=cms&id_lang=3

Thanks

Done. Thanks!

Yes, it includes all the compatibility fixes that we have been distributed in a case by case basis lately.

Excellent, can't wait to try it. Thanks!

Tgames
06-22-2017, 12:08 PM
Hello,

We havent put it on the webshop cause this would remove the original tracking and we need that there.
If you need tracking, send us an email with your name and we will send you a copy of the shipment receipt with the tracking.

Thanks

@NeoSD, Mail send

Thanks.

neosd
06-22-2017, 12:16 PM
@NeoSD, Mail send

Thanks.

Ok, you got the tracking, but we are not sending more free shells trackings for the next two weeks if there is not a real reason to ask for it,
If everyone asks for it, its a lot of work to revise all receipts and match names.

Thanks

RAZO
06-22-2017, 02:57 PM
Hello,

Also, i just got some sexy pictures from Stone Age yesterday i want to share with you all

https://s7.postimg.org/85biyh2az/20170621_164836.jpg

https://s7.postimg.org/p78yeb6jv/20170621_164742.jpg

Damn, that big red looks mint.

xsq
06-23-2017, 02:24 AM
@NeoSD, Mail send

Thanks.
you have been added to the list of uncool people.
be advised further infractions may lead to war room lock.

Flagshiphero
06-23-2017, 05:27 AM
you have been added to the list of uncool people.
be advised further infractions may lead to war room lock.

:keke:

Sceptre_JLRB
06-23-2017, 08:11 AM
Just received the sexy shell. Everything perfect! :buttrock:

Thank you very much for the gift, NeoSD Team!

Yodd
06-24-2017, 04:39 PM
Once again NeoSD making people feel like they should be honored to even be receiving what was promised to them over 6 months ago.

:shame:

cdamm
06-24-2017, 04:42 PM
https://media.tenor.com/images/54451401d52c0dd2fe9ee5752857d53c/tenor.gif

Rot
06-24-2017, 04:49 PM
Unsure what the beef is... no one seems to be beating on Ng.dev 18 months in currently... even tho they have peoples cash...

Maybe it's because the word "free" is associated with the shells...

QUICK someone contact werejag...

xROTx

PS. When I say... backseat... I actually meant trying to relax without salty vag shit happening in this thread...

Yodd
06-24-2017, 04:53 PM
Sorry Rot, you aren't in the loop to everything going on.

My beef runs deeper than just free shells.

Rot
06-24-2017, 04:59 PM
Sorry Rot, you aren't in the loop to everything going on.

My beef runs deeper than just free shells.

That's Ok than Yodd... as long as it's a real beef... I aint all that bothered...

REAL concerns should be expressed... also... if you're unsure how to proceed with a legitimate issue... I'm only a chat room (and for you.. a PM) away...

xROTx

Yodd
06-24-2017, 05:09 PM
Actually, I'm sending you a PM tonight. Getting ready to head out with the female, but I'll send you one later this evening.

neosd
06-24-2017, 05:22 PM
Once again NeoSD making people feel like they should be honored to even be receiving what was promised to them over 6 months ago.

:shame:

Hi yood,

Sorry if i ever ofended you

We have gave you all more than a free shell.

The development costs of the last 6 monts are far more expensive than the free shells, and i am not Just talking about fixing bugs, i am talking about adding new featues that we didnt told you to sell you a neosd

You got our email and we would be pelases to discus any mistake we may have done to get you upset

kuze
06-24-2017, 07:54 PM
Does the Neo SD act like it is in attract mode while loading a game? Meaning can you switch to another slot and play another cart while it is flashing?

RAZO
06-24-2017, 08:34 PM
Does the Neo SD act like it is in attract mode while loading a game? Meaning can you switch to another slot and play another cart while it is flashing?

I dont think so.

aku
06-25-2017, 11:11 AM
shell received yesterday...but the sticker says AES! BUT OMG i HAVE THE MVS VERSION OMG! I WAITED 100 MONTH AND NOW I GOT A WRONG LABELED SHELL FOR FREE?! WHAT SHOULD I DO YODD??!11 SHOULD I START AN INSTANT DRAMA, CONTACT THEM OR JUST DONT CARE?

hmm...i think i just dont care.

heihachi
06-25-2017, 12:29 PM
So if I bought one of these from Stone Age Gamer, would I still be able to register the product and get firmware/builder updates from the neosd site? Are there any differences between their stock and those from the neosd site (other than the sticker, etxra box, and stuff)?

Yodd
06-25-2017, 01:02 PM
shell received yesterday...but the sticker says AES! BUT OMG i HAVE THE MVS VERSION OMG! I WAITED 100 MONTH AND NOW I GOT A WRONG LABELED SHELL FOR FREE?! WHAT SHOULD I DO YODD??!11 SHOULD I START AN INSTANT DRAMA, CONTACT THEM OR JUST DONT CARE?

hmm...i think i just dont care.

As usual, you have ZERO idea what you are talking about.

My beef has nothing to do with the shell and I won't publicly share what it is unless Rot wants me to.

So fuck off.

neosd
06-25-2017, 01:02 PM
So if I bought one of these from Stone Age Gamer, would I still be able to register the product and get firmware/builder updates from the neosd site? Are there any differences between their stock and those from the neosd site (other than the sticker, etxra box, and stuff)?

Stone Age Gamer is oficial distributor of NEOSD, the only difference is the sticker, extra box and manual, the rest is 100% the same.
You will get updates and acess to the downloads aswel.

Thanks

Rot
06-25-2017, 01:07 PM

My beef has nothing to do with the shell and I won't publicly share what it is unless Rot wants me to.

So fuck off.

Yeah... I'm still thinking on it...

Man... who would want to be mod here?... I know so much... remember so much.. yet sometimes I feel I'm a fresh faced teenager who just left home to start a University education...

Yodd... PM incoming... this evening...

Just give me a few...

xROTx

PS. Give it a break nubsterz... if it came RIGHT down to it... I trust Yodd with my life...

He grew up with me on the forums... I am partial to family...

RAZO
06-25-2017, 01:10 PM

So fuck off.

IMO, best to keep it private for now bro. If NeoSd doesn't come through than you should put it out publicly. I'm pretty sure you've been super patient with whatever he promised you.

neosd
06-25-2017, 01:12 PM

So fuck off.

Yodd,

Allow me to tell you that neither i donīt know why you are acting this way.

All i know is that i asked you to help us with a video and you said no. I understand it was your choice to do that, and nothing changed on my side from that, i didnīt get pissed about that, neither i threated you in a different way than others after you said no.
I canīt really understand the issue there if you donīt talk with me. Neodev and myself were having a dinner yesterday at 12:30 when we saw your coment, we went back to home to just double check the emails i sent you to try to understand whats happening here, but we were not able to understand whats happening in your brain ....

I just see you are pissed with us/me for some reason and i canīt really understand whats happening, cause you didnīt took a minute to just send me an email telling me you had an issue with us. You preffered to put some darama here instead of that.

If you want to talk with me/us, you know how to do it, if you want to start a drama here, you are free to continue with that.

All i know is that my intention was never to piss/offend you.

Alex,

Rot
06-25-2017, 01:17 PM
Yodd,

All i know is that i asked you to help us with a video and you said no. I understand it was your choice to do that, and nothing changed on my side from that, i didnīt get pissed about that, neither i threated you in a different way than others after you said no.
I canīt really understand the issue there if you donīt talk with me. Neodev and myself were having a dinner yesterday at 12:30 when we saw your coment, we went back to home to just double check the emails i sent you to try to understand whats happening here, but we were not able to understand whats happening in your brain ....

I just see you are pissed with us/me for some reason and i canīt really understand whats happening, cause you didnīt took a minute to just send me an email telling me you had an issue with us. You preffered to put some darama here instead of that.

If you want to talk with me/us, you know how to do it, if you want to start a drama here, you are free to continue with that.

Alex,

I do believe.. it's the way it came across...

Yodd is... Yodd... he's an integral member of the site... just like NTM, Xian Xi... etc etc...

I appreciate there is sometimes a language barrier... but if you ever ask why I can keep control of the forum...

It's a matter of friendships/family built... and my excessive use of Force...

Yodd is NOT one to be bullied by myself....

xROTx

PS. Nothing that can't be resolved.... everyone take the BLUE pill.. cuz atm... Morpheus is on a 56K modem connection...

AKA. RELAX....

Yodd
06-25-2017, 01:27 PM
Yodd,

Alex,

lol that is a highly abridged version of our email exchange.

And no, I'm not just trying to start drama.

neosd
06-25-2017, 01:35 PM
Ofcourse Yodd,

But i donīt have any problem posting the entire conversation here. I donīt see pasting it here is going to come to anywhere.
What i want is : talk with you and understand why you are pissed with me, figure where my mistake is and ask you for apologize.
I donīt care about anything else, i am not going to have a bad feeling about you for an stupid video.
Let me know if this is possible (i am on chat now) and if you canīt go there, i can send you an email (i just wont piss you more sending you one without really understand whats happening)

lol that is a highly abridged version of our email exchange.

And no, I'm not just trying to start drama.

aku
06-25-2017, 01:55 PM
@Yodd: i have ZERO idea what you are talking about, but "Once again NeoSD making people feel like they should be honored to even be receiving what was promised to them over 6 months ago." is only your opinion. and you tend to be a diva.

Rot
06-25-2017, 02:08 PM
@Yodd: i have ZERO idea what you are talking about, but "Once again NeoSD making people feel like they should be honored to even be receiving what was promised to them over 6 months ago." is only your opinion. and you tend to be a diva.

SHUSH...

It is not about "FREE SHELLS"... I want to look to resolving this with as little fuss as possible...

I don't need the speculation... or posts concerning this for now...

xROTx

PS. Now all RELAX..... KTHX...

cdamm
06-25-2017, 03:34 PM
aku needs to go back to the kwik e mart on this one.

Rot
06-25-2017, 03:39 PM
This is how I think people view me:

https://68.media.tumblr.com/d303e1b0a770d88fcf418765fc39f20c/tumblr_njbnu5RYQL1s8gtxto1_500.gif

xROTx

PS. But seriously... I care...

However... i will eat your liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.....

cdamm
06-25-2017, 03:44 PM
honestly, we still view you as the mostly naked guy rubbing himself down to the pet shop boys in front of his aes collection.

Craig
06-25-2017, 03:45 PM

the fuck is you?

Stupid bitch...

Rot
06-25-2017, 03:49 PM
honestly, we still view you as the mostly naked guy rubbing himself down to the pet shop boys in front of his aes collection.

That was my evil twin brother...

...He's been instituitionalised.... due to "mental health" issues...

All you get now is Domesticated Te...

xROTx

RAZO
06-25-2017, 03:59 PM
That was my evil twin brother...

...He's been instituitionalised.... due to "mental health" issues...

All you get now is Domesticated Te...

xROTx

I like your evil twin brother.

lachlan
06-25-2017, 04:50 PM
I'd like to know what's actually going on, I've already wasted my time reading two pages.

Gummy Bear
06-26-2017, 05:17 AM
I'm curious as well.
If this is something that affects the rest of us at least.

If it's just a private beef, not so much.

neosd
06-26-2017, 05:40 AM
This is a private thing.

I asked him to help us with a video and he said no, it seems he got pissed by the way for some reason.
This was one month ago, he didnï―īt said a word until this saturday post.

I have sent him an email and i hope to get an answer to understand why he is pissed.

I dont really want to keep discussing this here cause i think this is not the place for such thing, he should haver sent me an email and not wait 1 month with whathever bad feeling he has inside.

I'm curious as well.
If this is something that affects the rest of us at least.

If it's just a private beef, not so much.

Rot
06-26-2017, 05:43 AM
This is a private thing.

I asked him to help us with a video and he said no, it seems he got pissed by the way for some reason.

I have sent him an email and i hope to get an answer.

You don't need to answer EVERY question on the forum man...

Some things should be kept private... because it opens the door to even MORE questions... and potential ball ache for a relaxing Azn..

xROTx

neosd
06-26-2017, 05:47 AM
Some things should be kept private...

xROTx

Yes Rot,

Niko
06-26-2017, 08:38 AM
Someone got their dick stuck in the cartridge shell?

wyo
06-26-2017, 09:01 AM
Someone got their dick stuck in the cartridge shell?

#drillgate

aku
06-26-2017, 02:04 PM
the fuck is you?

Stupid bitch...

who the fuck are you? fuck you...you stupid bitch.

what happened to yodd must be extra dramatic - otherwise no one would write a bs comment like he did #2801. whatever happened, he should discuss this in private or tell everybody what happened.

my opinion. you dont like it? well fuck you. bitch.

Viewpoint
06-26-2017, 03:32 PM

what happened to yodd must be extra dramatic - otherwise no one would write a bs comment like he did #2801. whatever happened, he should discuss this in private or tell everybody what happened.

Welp, It was nice knowing you....

Well not really.. lol

aku
06-26-2017, 05:02 PM
its childish to post pics of fat bald men, so i wont do that.

massimiliano
06-26-2017, 06:03 PM
"THUNDERDOME!!!"

Craig
06-26-2017, 07:55 PM

You can go ahead and call me dad, you dumb fucking monogo.

You should shut your fucking cock holster.

lachlan
06-26-2017, 08:48 PM

:lolz:

Let loose!

wyndcrosser
06-26-2017, 08:55 PM
Aku

mahesak
06-27-2017, 08:17 AM
I come late here ... But just order both AES and MVS. I hope to learn and play them often ;)

Thanks for nice items.

heihachi
06-27-2017, 11:17 AM
Picked up a NeoSD MVS from stone age gamer a few moments ago. Really excited to try it out!

BeaglePuss
06-27-2017, 12:10 PM
I logged into SAG to pick up a NeoSD MVS, and it turns out I had a ton of "tickets" from previous purchases. Not only did I grab the SD cart, I saved $101.20 on the purchase.

Fuck. Yes.

Looking forward to putting it through its paces once it arrives.

neosd
06-27-2017, 12:50 PM
Hello,

Thanks for those purchases from Stone Age, we are doing changes on the downloads section so everyone can register there with a valid neosd serial.
In the meanwhile, feel free to contact us for anything you may need.

goldenegg
06-27-2017, 01:09 PM
Hello,

Thanks for those purchases from Stone Age, we are doing changes on the downloads section so everyone can register there with a valid neosd serial.
In the meanwhile, feel free to contact us for anything you may need.

I ordered an MVS cart from your site on the weekend and it's scheduled to be delivered on Thursday. Can't wait to received it. How long does it take to get access to the downloads section? I tried the 'forgot your password' link, but it says it doesn't know my e-mail address.

neosd
06-27-2017, 01:26 PM
I ordered an MVS cart from your site on the weekend and it's scheduled to be delivered on Thursday. Can't wait to received it. How long does it take to get access to the downloads section? I tried the 'forgot your password' link, but it says it doesn't know my e-mail address.

Hello,

Try now

Thanks

goldenegg
06-27-2017, 01:46 PM
Hello,

Try now

Thanks

Thanks! I'm in now. Forgot I need my serial number before I download anything, so I'll wait until it arrives and then get ready to play! Thankfully it's a long weekend in Canada this weekend, so I'll have a good amount of time to use it.

It's great to see how much traction this cart has received, especially with SAG starting to sell it in the US. People like you and Krikzz have really provided a massive service to the retro gaming community, by producing these flash carts. I look forward to seeing what comes in future firmware updates and what new products you might choose to offer in the future.

neosd
06-27-2017, 03:03 PM
Thanks! I'm in now. Forgot I need my serial number before I download anything, so I'll wait until it arrives and then get ready to play! Thankfully it's a long weekend in Canada this weekend, so I'll have a good amount of time to use it.

It's great to see how much traction this cart has received, especially with SAG starting to sell it in the US. People like you and Krikzz have really provided a massive service to the retro gaming community, by producing these flash carts. I look forward to seeing what comes in future firmware updates and what new products you might choose to offer in the future.

Hello,

Thanks for the good words and support.

We hope to deliver pretty good things in the near future.

GadgetUK
06-27-2017, 04:45 PM
Shells arrived - they are awesome! Great works guys =D

Two different ways I fitted them, the one I use with my 1FZ I've split the label with a gillotine, the other label I just mounted as normal.

Sceptre_JLRB
06-27-2017, 08:56 PM
Wow! Didn't notice the fix for Riding Hero slow attract mode on AES mode with the new firmware! I didn't even consider this to be an issue despite having noticed the problem when NeoSD was released months ago, as it also occurs in NeoRAGE X emulator on AES mode and has even been reported to take place on real hardware (AES console + original cart) by some users.

In addition, analyzing the new NeoBuilder version, I've seen that 'Samurai Shodown II (Korean Version alternate)' and 'Robo Army (alternate)' (both of them were previous extras from the famous post #44, handmade neo-converted) have been added to the already reported new games (RB FF1 Korean, KOF99 Korean, Puzzle de Pon! with its own snapshot, etc.).

Great work, NeoSD Team! Glad to see it's now a public release! :-)

phoenixdownita
06-27-2017, 11:37 PM
First time I ever played CTHD on my AES, nice job, NeoSD FW 1.06 rules.

Rot
06-28-2017, 03:08 AM
The new firmware is out... The shells are slowly getting to the first adopters... Stone Age Gamer are selling the Neosd in it's store...

It's nice to see a project go from zero on the forums to a polished device...

xROTx

PS. I've been asked to reject all Stone Age Gamer members from joining the site (prob a joke)... but... I have noticed a spike in membership requests...

Meh... TBH... If I approve an account... it's upto ANY new member to fit in...

RELAX guys.. it's all good:p

neosd
06-28-2017, 04:40 AM
Wow! Didn't notice the fix for Riding Hero slow attract mode on AES mode with the new firmware! I didn't even consider this to be an issue despite having noticed the problem when NeoSD was released months ago, as it also occurs in NeoRAGE X emulator on AES mode and has even been reported to take place on real hardware (AES console + original cart) by some users.

In addition, analyzing the new NeoBuilder version, I've seen that 'Samurai Shodown II (Korean Version alternate)' and 'Robo Army (alternate)' (both of them were previous extras from the famous post #44, handmade neo-converted) have been added to the already reported new games (RB FF1 Korean, KOF99 Korean, Puzzle de Pon! with its own snapshot, etc.).

Great work, NeoSD Team! Glad to see it's now a public release! :-)

Yes, new clones have been added, this is one of the things we forget to add to the changelog, i am sure there are more things missing on the changelog, it has been so many months doing updates before 1.06 public release ...

Thanks

fille1976
06-28-2017, 04:44 AM
just updated my neosd mvs and aes,all went fine,thx neosd for your hard work,now test some games.

neosd
06-28-2017, 04:47 AM
We have also updated the downloads section web app today, now everyone with a valid serial number can register there

neo-geo-mvs
06-28-2017, 05:23 AM
Shells arrived - they are awesome! Great works guys =D

Two different ways I fitted them, the one I use with my 1FZ I've split the label with a gillotine, the other label I just mounted as normal.

nice idea :buttrock:

greatfunky
06-28-2017, 05:50 AM
Thanks for all, neosd !:)

MattBlah
06-28-2017, 07:08 AM
My shell has just arrived. I like the box too, that will keep it safe on the shelf until I find a spare case.

Tgames
06-28-2017, 08:26 AM

RAZO
06-28-2017, 08:41 AM
Really UNHAPPY with the shell just received. It's a bad factory made. Impossible to close the shell with the NeoSD in :O !! ?
My NeoSD was in a original MVS Game shell (with a hole made for the SD) and enter perfectly. But NOT AT ALL with this free shell !!
Also the plastic to hide between the pins is not well done because it not center the pins => Impossible to push the cartridge in my MVS.

I don't know if neosd send to us a different revision of the shell for free shells but it's not made right at all.

So i take out my neo SD from the free shell and use it again in my MVS Original Shell...

PS : I have try everything to close the shell and get the pins aligned center => Impossible the shell is bad factory made.

Shell is not defective. It is just the way they are. Also, you must not be doing something right. When I had to flip the pcbs around for my MVS version it was a slight pain but got it to fit. The little bracket thing is the only thing I had a issue with.

Don't expect the shell to be as good as the original Aes or MVS Shells. If you have a better more robust solution then just use that instead. I think the shell I have for my Aes and Mvs version do the job just fine.

neosd
06-28-2017, 08:47 AM
Really UNHAPPY with the shell just received. It's a bad factory made. Impossible to close the shell with the NeoSD in :O !! ?
My NeoSD was in a original MVS Game shell (with a hole made for the SD) and enter perfectly. But NOT AT ALL with this free shell !!
Also the plastic to hide between the pins is not well done because it not center the pins => Impossible to push the cartridge in my MVS.

I don't know if neosd send to us a different revision of the shell for free shells but it's not made right at all.

So i take out my neo SD from the free shell and use it again in my MVS Original Shell...

PS : I have try everything to close the shell and get the pins aligned center => Impossible the shell is bad factory made.

What a way to say that you are not capable to put the pcbs on the shell ... its 3 pieces puzzle, not that hard ...

it seems we built one shell where its impossible to put the pcbs inside only for you, we sent "good ones" to the rest of the customers ...

Honestly, i canīt believe what i am reading

Rot
06-28-2017, 08:50 AM
What a way to say that you are not capable to put the pcbs on the shell ... its 3 pieces puzzle, not that hard ...

I like your use of ellipses...

Breaks up a sentence eh?:D

xROTx

PS. Don't mind me... I'm just browsing and relaxing for the time being...

Tgames
06-28-2017, 09:04 AM

it seems we built one shell where its impossible to put the pcbs inside only for you, we sent "good ones" to the rest of the customers ...

Honestly, i canï―īt believe what i am reading

I know perfectly how to place MVS pcb into cartrigde. But in the free shell the cartridge can't be closed Left side a piece of plastic block
And also even if i force the pin are not centered so it not fit in the MVS.

Even in a 161 in 1 cartridge i can close the shell with NeoSD in.

But in your shell impossible.

neosd
06-28-2017, 09:05 AM
I like your use of ellipses...

Breaks up a sentence eh?:D

xROTx

PS. Don't mind me... I'm just browsing and relaxing for the time being...

I still havent mastered English, Rot.

But i know enought to notice someone complaining instead of asking for help ...

Rot
06-28-2017, 09:08 AM
I still havent mastered English, Rot.

But i know enought to notice someone complaining instead of asking for help ...

Don't sweat it... I like ellipses...

As for people complaining... don't take it to heart... there was no way you'd go through this process without a bit of a bump every so often...

...It's how you reply and handle it that's important...

I view it like my time on Ng.com... can't be friends with everyone ALL the time...

xROTx

neosd
06-28-2017, 09:09 AM
I know perfectly how to place MVS pcb into cartrigde. But in the free shell the cartridge can't be closed Left side a piece of plastic block
And also even if i force the pin are not centered so it not fit in the MVS.

Even in a 161 in 1 cartridge i can close the shell with NeoSD in.

But in your shell impossible.

I know you havenīt asked for help

but here it goes anyways

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?268514-MVS-amp-AES-NEOSD-flash-card-AES-Version-ANNOUNCED-amp-AVAILABLE!!&p=4208165&viewfull=1#post4208165

BTW if anyone wonders what this little piece is, its a spacer. Both CHA and PROG pcbs come in the same PCB panel with a bigger spacer surronding the pcbs, this is used to put the boards on the pick and place machines while soldering proces.

Once boards are soldered, we break the pcbs, sometimes those little pieces donīt break, but those are intended to be broken, just break the piece, you can use a nile clipper to break it for example (if you donīt have any other tool there)

Tgames
06-28-2017, 09:18 AM
I have done exactly like the photos @neosd,

the left side (sd card side) block.

The piece of plastic to hide between the pins also block on the left.

neosd
06-28-2017, 09:20 AM

The pcb spacer has two positions, you have to put it on the right position or it will touch the sd card slot.
Try both positions, if you canīt figure it, i can make you a video

Yodd
06-28-2017, 09:22 AM

The piece of plastic to hide between the pins also block on the left.

Have any pictures of the problem?

Tgames
06-28-2017, 09:31 AM
Photos uploaded here : http://tgames.fr/tgames/neosd

I'm not stupid with mounting the shell, i really think mine had a problem.

neosd
06-28-2017, 09:34 AM

Its incorrectly mounted, the spacer is in the wrong direction

I am uploading you a video

Rot
06-28-2017, 09:35 AM

Your forum is sorta slow... and a bit messy...

And people complain about the layout here... geez...

xROTx

PS. I like the colour scheme tho...
PPS. I know it's a bit off topic... :p

Tgames
06-28-2017, 09:36 AM
Ok thank you ;)

X68
06-28-2017, 09:36 AM
Thanks for the firmware update :)
What game variants are now supported that weren't previously pls?

hyper
06-28-2017, 09:39 AM

I'm not stupid with mounting the shell, i really think mine had a problem.the composite wood furniture & backlit mech keyboard indicates that the problem is not the neosd shell itself

..it's that you are just retarded

also france

neosd
06-28-2017, 09:40 AM
Ok thank you ;)

you are welcome, 5 minutes until the video is up at youtube ...

TotalMoop
06-28-2017, 09:45 AM
OK.. Upgraded firmware. Set UniBios to USA - Arcade. SoftDips are still grey'd out. How do I use soft dips on AES?
Jukebox works a treat and with the lists its just awesome.

neosd
06-28-2017, 09:47 AM
How to mount the shell :

https://youtu.be/1y0yCwwAPn0

neodev
06-28-2017, 09:48 AM
OK.. Upgraded firmware. Set UniBios to USA - Arcade. SoftDips are still grey'd out. How do I use soft dips on AES?
Jukebox works a treat and with the lists its just awesome.

Softdips aren't used on AES mode, change the mode to MVS and they will work (either if your board is actually MVS or an AES). AES mode use fixed dip settings (as a real AES) that depend just on the region.

TotalMoop
06-28-2017, 09:51 AM
I dont quite understand MVS Mode? Where is this setting.. bare in mind I'm using UniBios 3.3 and not the modes of the NeoSD

neosd
06-28-2017, 09:53 AM
I dont quite understand MVS Mode? Where is this setting.. bare in mind I'm using UniBios 3.3 and not the modes of the NeoSD

In unibios you can setup the bios to MVS or AES mode

RAZO
06-28-2017, 09:53 AM

You change to mvs mode in the unibios

RAZO
06-28-2017, 09:55 AM
Pres A B C at the unibios splash screen.

TotalMoop
06-28-2017, 09:56 AM
In unibios you can setup the bios to MVS or AES mode

As per my original post, I have set the Unibios to Arcade-USA. Unibios allows me to change Soft-Dips but in NeoSD they are grey'd out still..

neodev
06-28-2017, 10:02 AM
As per my original post, I have set the Unibios to Arcade-USA. Unibios allows me to change Soft-Dips but in NeoSD they are grey'd out still..

The neosd softdips are useful when neosd controls the machine mode, because AES bioses don't have the code to show the softdips configuration. When it's not handled by neosd, they only work in MVS boards, as the menu checks the hardware type and then if it's overridden by neosd. I guess I might check if it's also being overridden by unibios in the next firmware.

TotalMoop
06-28-2017, 10:05 AM
It certainly looks like UniBios is the problem. Not a problem as I can change the Soft-Dips in Unibios but would have been nice to use the NeoSD GUI instead.. (Even better if it saved the changes for next run!)

Cheers NeoDev.

(Edit) - I can actually select the grey'd out soft-dips settings but when changed, they are ignored.. I guess it's the UniBios which overrides them.

Razoola
06-28-2017, 10:18 AM
I think if you have a unibios on AES and its set to arcade mode there could be potential for the neoSD and unibios softdip settings to conflict with each other. I though it would more be the other way around though with the neoSD overwriting any softdips set in the unibios. Its been a long time since I looked at the code though so it might be the otherway around.

TotalMoop
06-28-2017, 10:50 AM
I think if you have a unibios on AES and its set to arcade mode there could be potential for the neoSD and unibios softdip settings to conflict with each other. I though it would more be the other way around though with the neoSD overwriting any softdips set in the unibios. Its been a long time since I looked at the code though so it might be the otherway around.

I think it's certainly a NeoSD firmware thing as it's not allowing the SoftDip setting to be changed when the UniBios is set as MVS mode. I'm sure the NeoSD guys will sort it. Just worth it being known that it doesnt work with UniBios for now.

Grendell
06-28-2017, 11:38 AM
Just wanted to say if someone uses my pictures to assemble the mvs card keep in mind i play on a omega and flipped the board , my sd card is on the left side while the sticker is facing me :)

neosd
06-28-2017, 01:07 PM
Just wanted to say if someone uses my pictures to assemble the mvs card keep in mind i play on a omega and flipped the board , my sd card is on the left side while the sticker is facing me :)

I have to make a video mounting it by the oposite way :P

Tgames
06-28-2017, 01:11 PM
@NeoSd, I'm want to apologies for what i say it works perfectly BUT on my Omega i need to push the cartdrige backwards to play it.
That's why it was so difficult to me to mount it (because i thinking like original MVS PCB).
So i try everytime to use it with the label in front of me so the shell can't close.
With the PCB backwards everythink close perfectly and works.
Thanks a lot for your video.

Rot
06-28-2017, 01:13 PM
@NeoSd, I'm apologies for what i say it works perfectly BUT on my Omega i need to push the cartdrige backwards to play it.
That's why it was so difficult to me to mount it (because i thinking like original MVS PCB).

Maybe you should ask nicely before you start posting weird stuff man...

Imagine if it happened on your forum... you'd not be pleased...

xROTx

PS. Your forum is messy... maybe you should ask me to sort it out for you... I'm good at shit like that...

Tgames
06-28-2017, 01:14 PM
Me too i use a Omega CMVS.
So i never thinking about push the cardtridge backwards lol.

neosd
06-28-2017, 01:18 PM
@NeoSd, I'm want to apologies for what i say it works perfectly BUT on my Omega i need to push the cartdrige backwards to play it.
So i try everytime to use it with the label in front of me so the shell can't close.
With the PCB backwards everythink close perfectly and works.

np, glad you got it working.

The shell is reversible, so the sticker can face upwards in 1 slot horizontal boards such as MV-1fz and in vertial boards such as 1 slot or 4slots boards, you have to flip the boards inside the shell to fit your boards (to get the label facing the front ...)

Thanks

GadgetUK
06-28-2017, 01:21 PM
How to mount the shell :

https://youtu.be/1y0yCwwAPn0

Excellent! They are great =D You beat me to my video, I filmed it on Monday but didn't have time to upload until this evening.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=YItSp6tMYWI

neosd
06-28-2017, 01:25 PM
Excellent! They are great =D You beat me to my video, I filmed it on Monday but didn't have time to upload until this evening.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=YItSp6tMYWI

I did one about 1 month ago to show 1.06 functions, it needs some audio dubbing cause i canīt talk proper english.
A friend of mine tried to help me with the english dubbing but its pretty hard to sync the voices there (cause the timmings)

Anyways, its worth a watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bmXLPSwJfw

Rot
06-28-2017, 02:06 PM
I did one about 1 month ago to show 1.06 functions, it needs some audio dubbing cause i canīt talk proper english.
A friend of mine tried to help me with the english dubbing but its pretty hard to sync the voices there (cause the timmings)

I am willing to ask the forum... to help you with fitting the audio file with the youtube video...

There's a few members here who can do it... want me to ask?

xROTx

PS. ANYONE who can do it... please let me know... i'll owe ya'...

Yodd
06-28-2017, 02:40 PM
Time for me to eat crow.

I have made some snide comments recently towards NEOSD and I would like to apologize, formerly, in this thread.

I won't go into all the details, as they aren't too important, but NEOSD reached out to me a while back and due to a misunderstanding and possibly a language barrier, I took their request incorrectly. I was offended when, in reality, I didn't correctly understand what they were asking for.

I guess it's important to keep in mind that we don't all natively speak english even if that's how we communicate on this forum or in email. Sometimes certain words or phrases don't come across with the intended meaning and these kind of incidents happen.

So Alex and NEOSD team, I'm sorry.
:crying:

Neodogg
06-28-2017, 02:40 PM
2 >X
4:3 > 16:9

Thanks for the 10.6 update, email to follow soon...

neosd
06-28-2017, 02:43 PM
Time for me to eat crow.

I have made some snide comments recently towards NEOSD and I would like to apologize, formerly, in this thread.

I won't go into all the details, as they aren't too important, but NEOSD reached out to me a while back and due to a misunderstanding and possibly a language barrier, I took their request incorrectly. I was offended when, in reality, I didn't correctly understand what they were asking for.

I guess it's important to keep in mind that we don't all natively speak english even if that's how we communicate on this forum or in email. Sometimes certain words or phrases don't come across with the intended meaning and these kind of incidents happen.

So Alex and NEOSD team, I'm sorry.
:crying:

Yodd,

You donï―īt have to apologize, it was my mistake, not yours.

Glad we were able to talk about that

Alex,

Tanooki
06-28-2017, 07:10 PM
For whatever it's worth I've been watching the unintended (and aku stupid intended) drama unfold, and just the whole roll out on this. I never much looked into the website, but did some FAQ digging and came across the comparison to the infamous 161in1. I knew about half the grievances about it just from personal use as my system came with it. I did not know about some of the more awful parts with the power usage and that ratty bypass with the logic buffer which as I see is definitely not a good thing, just as much as I don't want a fat board messing with the pins.

Considering my pick-ups over the last 13 months most of the games I like on there I still lack are the more expensive things ($100-300 range) and even then that turd lacks a few like Twinkle Star Sprites, or legit versions of things too that aren't busted, hacked, or beta. Might be a good idea to sell the banana bitch off and save up for a NeoSD. I got no issue with load times, sure they take a bit, but they don't oddly appear any worse than trying to toss a 4Mbit ROM at the NGPC SD Kit either as it takes a few minutes.

Neosd, your comprehension maybe a bit lacking, but your english outgoing on the site here is just fine, easily enough read too, and you reply fine. You've done a good job all around both in bringing that kit to reality but also standing by the product far better than I've seen almost anyone else do. That alone says a lot.

Gummy Bear
06-29-2017, 07:26 AM
My free shell arrived this morning.
Looks great. Many thanks to the NEOSD team.

goldenegg
06-29-2017, 10:17 AM
Just got word that my NeoSD has been delayed in transit for a second time and won't be delivered until tomorrow. Thankfully, there's a long weekend coming up, so I'm happy it'll at least be here in time for that.

EDIT:

Looks like the exception I got from UPS earlier today was wrong, as I just got notified my package is available for pickup at my local UPS store! Guess I know what I'll be doing tonight!!!

gunaska
06-30-2017, 04:34 AM
@neosd could you do anything about my case? i really do not like be ignored again and again....

when can i get my cart?

when can i have your reply?

is my email still in your spam list?

can i have a refund if there is no hope?

reply me reply me reply me pls

fille1976
06-30-2017, 05:00 AM
have patience have patience,people have also real lifes.
you will get an answer from them.

JMKurtz
06-30-2017, 06:03 AM
You're in China or Abu Dhabi, correct? NeoSD has proof of shipment, correct? Sounds like you need to move elsewhere or take this up with your local postal agency on your end.

Jeff

@neosd could you do anything about my case? i really do not like be ignored again and again....

when can i get my cart?

when can i have your reply?

is my email still in your spam list?

can i have a refund if there is no hope?

reply me reply me reply me pls

goldenegg
06-30-2017, 07:18 AM
Had a great time playing with the NeoSD last night. The only issue I had with it was how hard it was to put in my Omega MVS. Nothing a little filing of the sides of the cart slot won't fix.

I have to say that loading times aren't bad at all. Since I was mainly fooling around with the cart, I was changing games quite an it and the loading never bothered me. Sure, it's longer than flash carts for other systems, but it isn't so long to become annoying.

With the addition of MVS mode for AES consoles, I'll likely order a cart for my AES later this Summer.

Great work NeoSD team!!!

aku
06-30-2017, 07:19 AM
...take this up with your local postal agency on your end.

Jeff

imho: no. neosd paid correos to deliver it, so neosd has to get in contact with correos. if the parcel is lost, the insurance pays only to neosd. after that neosd can refund gunaska.

ckchan
06-30-2017, 07:34 AM
I received the shell yesterday! Good quality and design! Thanks a lot!

neosd
06-30-2017, 07:59 AM
imho: no. neosd paid correos to deliver it, so neosd has to get in contact with correos. if the parcel is lost, the insurance pays only to neosd. after that neosd can refund gunaska.

We already did, but we still donīt have an aswer, aparently they answer you by postal letter ....

Anyways, if we donīt get an answer by the end of next week, we will ship him another unit.

Yodd
06-30-2017, 09:04 AM
Also received my shell yesterday!

I am extremely pleased to see that the cart sticker was NOT installed on the shell. Included in the box, just not applied to the shell.

'Cause I still think the cart sticker is UG-LEE. Anyone have a nice sticker design for the NEOSD cart shell?

I personally kinda dig the one that StoneAgeGamer is using, minus their logo.

neosd
06-30-2017, 09:31 AM

I am extremely pleased to see that the cart sticker was NOT installed on the shell. Included in the box, just not applied to the shell.

'Cause I still think the cart sticker is UG-LEE. Anyone have a nice sticker design for the NEOSD cart shell?

A bit offtopic, but do you guys know whats the limit USA customs has until you have to pay for a shipment ? I think i was told by UPS representative that it was about 800usd or so

BTW glad to know shells are starting to arrive USA

Thanks

Yodd
06-30-2017, 09:47 AM
A bit offtopic, but do you guys know whats the limit USA customs has until you have to pay for a shipment ? I think i was told by UPS representative that it was about 800usd or so

Thanks

US customs is kinda iffy when it comes to that.

99% of the time we don't pay customs fees regardless of the value. However, yes, I believe technically the limit is suppose to be $800 and under.

Also depends on how it was shipped. Fedex, UPS, USPS.

I've had times where I ordered something for $350 from japan and had to pay a customs fee and other times stuff that was valued at several thousand dollars and no one cared.

So I guess the answer is: it depends.

sr20det510
06-30-2017, 10:02 AM

99% of the time we don't pay customs fees regardless of the value. However, yes, I believe technically the limit is suppose to be $800 and under.

I've had times where I ordered something for $350 from japan and had to pay a customs fee and other times stuff that was valued at several thousand dollars and no one cared.

I agree on the, "US Customs is kinda iffy when it comes to that."

When I use to cycle more often, I would always purchase my parts overseas. I believe I was charged only twice when importing parts. Once for a set if wheels, and once for a Shimano Ultegra kit. I was surprised when I purchased a frame and a bit later a complete bike, and I was not charged a fee.

So I think it is a roll of the dice.

RAZO
06-30-2017, 10:23 AM

I was digging the SAG NeoSd logo as well. Would rather keep my NeoSd in a snap lock case though. Their Bit Box's look flimsy but it's nice that they give you a complete package.

goldenegg
06-30-2017, 10:49 AM

Thanks

Related but a bit off topic ...

For my order to Canada, I was charged around $86. Around $11 was for UPS' brokerage fees. The rest was sales tax.

Yodd
06-30-2017, 10:52 AM

For my order to Canada, I was charged around $86. Around $11 was for UPS' brokerage fees. The rest was sales tax.

Damn. that's brutal.

aha2940
06-30-2017, 10:56 AM

You were lucky. I had to pay almost $160 when my neosd arrived, because of 20% of price import tax and additional 10% of another customs tax here, totalling extra 30% of the price. Most expensive neosd ever, LOL.

nornor1
06-30-2017, 11:31 AM
I also received My early Adoptors Bonus Shell yesterday. :). No Drill holes, was able to put it together 1st try, all is good. Thank you NeoSD. Now I just have to print out a label for my MVS shockbox I bought a while back.

neosd
06-30-2017, 11:33 AM
You were lucky. I had to pay almost $160 when my neosd arrived, because of 20% of price import tax and additional 10% of another customs tax here, totalling extra 30% of the price. Most expensive neosd ever, LOL.
I been told that Brazil is even worst. They charge 2x of the product price or so

Ups forces us to add 3 copies of the invoice, so if you live in a non freendly customs country, better buy with correos ...

For reference spain is a joke for customs, spanish postal service hired a private company for customs and we pay anything that is declared higher than 20 euros ...

RAZO
06-30-2017, 11:48 AM
I been told that Brazil is even worst. They charge 2x of the product price or so

Ups forces us to add 3 copies of the invoice, so if you live in a non freendly customs country, better buy with correos ...

For reference spain is a joke for customs, spanish postal service hired a private company for customs and we pay anything that is declared higher than 20 euros ...

Brazil is the worst. My brother in law sometimes has a field day with customs when he brings electronic devices from the States to Brazil. He's been able to talk his way out of paying taxes so far.

gunaska
06-30-2017, 11:49 AM
You're in China or Abu Dhabi, correct? NeoSD has proof of shipment, correct? Sounds like you need to move elsewhere or take this up with your local postal agency on your end.

Jeff

I lived in China.

In fact, i never got any information about the tracking number or parcel number,my order's statue is "payment accepted" from last Dec until Now,i have never received any notice about shipping,so what good for going to the local postal agency ?

I used this same address to get stuff from Krikzz,RetroUSB,ebay,amazon and never lost any parcel. so why should i move to other place?

I got final email from neosd team at 11th,Feb. and at that email ,they told me to come to this forum.and their final reply to me at this thread post at 11th,May .after that,it seems no need to reply me anymore.even if they keep reply anyone else.

i keep sending email to them but my email all go to their spam folder.i added notice at online store but no reply,i post here but been ignored.

what do you suggest if you come to this situation.

RAZO
06-30-2017, 11:50 AM

That's rough bro

neosd
06-30-2017, 12:08 PM
I lived in China.

In fact, i never got any information about the tracking number or parcel number,my order's statue is "payment accepted" from last Dec until Now,i have never received any notice about shipping,so what good for going to the local postal agency ?

I used this same address to get stuff from Krikzz,RetroUSB,ebay,amazon and never lost any parcel. so why should i move to other place?

I got final email from neosd team at 11th,Feb. and at that email ,they told me to come to this forum.and their final reply to me at this thread post at 11th,May .after that,it seems no need to reply me anymore.even if they keep reply anyone else.

i keep sending email to them but my email all go to their spam folder.i added notice at online store but no reply,i post here but been ignored.

what do you suggest if you come to this situation.

Hello,

Yes, if you send multiple emails from different email address, email servers tend to mark you as spam. Thats what you did, and thats what aparently happened.
When you send an email by the webshop, we read the email by email, not on the webshop.

About your issue :

We already did, but we still donīt have an aswer, aparently they answer you by postal letter ....

Anyways, if we donīt get an answer by the end of next week, we will ship him another unit.

Thanks

gunaska
06-30-2017, 12:40 PM
Hello,

Yes, if you send multiple emails from different email address, email servers tend to mark you as spam. Thats what you did, and thats what aparently happened.
When you send an email by the webshop, we read the email by email, not on the webshop.

About your issue :

Thanks

i fill confused,is there any way you can mark my email address to the white list?

the first time i used multiple email address was at May,but before that,i was already in your spam for months

anyway, could you give me an alternate way to contact with you?

Razoola
06-30-2017, 12:48 PM
neosd, I don't know how orders go in your webUI but is it normal for the tracking number not to show in the webUI like his screengrab implies?

dkarDaGobert
07-01-2017, 06:57 AM
my free shell finally arrived today. cheers man!

Gummy Bear
07-01-2017, 10:58 AM
Re: the shell and sticker.
The sticker appears to have a clear plastic layer on top.
Is this just a protective thing that can be peeled off or is it supposed to stay there?

heihachi
07-01-2017, 12:36 PM
I've been my messing around with the neosd since it arrived yesterday, and am very pleased overall.

+nice, simple front end that's very functional and easy to navigate
+haven't run into any compatibility issues (but I wasn't expecting any)
+the time it takes to flash stuff is really a non-issue, it's pretty fast and most important to me is that you can boot straight into a game w/o any extra loading just like the real thing
+Builder and Validator tools are simple to use
+The case and stickers from SAG are quality

-build quality of the shell is so-so
-not really a negative, but I'll have to open the shell and the flip the boards around to have the sticker face forward on my omega
-not sure if it's just my controllers or idiocy on my part, but getting back to the menu using the in-game button combo doesn't always seem to work

Like I said above, overall I'm really happy. I think it's highly likely that I get the AES version later in the year too (though part of me wants to wait and see how darksoft's thing works out). I also need an AES, lol.

fille1976
07-01-2017, 12:46 PM
@heihachi:darksoft's card ?,when will that be ready?
much blabla from him,but no product and a few shitty video's where you see nothing intresting about his product.
expect from the axel foley music from the menu,and a lot of bashing and wining from him to neosd team and about the flashing times,thats all you hear from them.
they concentrate them at the wrong product,seems they have more intrest in neosd then their own flashcard.
buy you a neosd aes heihachi,i have both mvs and aes and i'm verry happy with it.

Gummy Bear
07-01-2017, 12:47 PM
getting back to the menu using the in-game button combo doesn't always seem to work

Hold the buttons. Don't just press and release.
Also: fuck dorksoft.

heihachi
07-01-2017, 12:55 PM
@heihachi:darksoft's card ?,when will that be ready?
much blabla from him,but no product and a few shitty video's where you see nothing intresting about his product.
expect from the axel foley music from the menu,and a lot of bashing and wining from him to neosd team and about the flashing times,thats all you hear from them.
they concentrate them at the wrong product,seems they have more intrest in neosd then their own flashcard.
buy you a neosd aes.

Like I said, it's very highly likely I'll get the aes neosd. The darksoft thing....it's just a morbid curiosity

Hold the buttons. Don't just press and release.
Also: fuck dorksoft.

Okay. I figured the menu thing was due to user error on my part.

Nostromo
07-01-2017, 01:35 PM
I got the NeoSD case few days ago, looks neat and fits snug :)
I am very happy with the NeoSD (MVS) it works as advertised. One small thing... I have noticed that 5v is sometimes not enough for the NeoSD to work properly and results in random resets. I have solved this issue by using an arcade PSU and increasing the voltage by very little, something like 5.1v. Since then, no issues. Just for the record, i use a JNX consolized MV1C.

Anyway, well done to TerraOnion :)

leonk
07-06-2017, 12:07 AM
Hey NeoSD. did you see this? wondering how your awesome device handles the 5v to 3.3v transition.

https://db-electronics.ca/2017/07/05/the-dangers-of-3-3v-flash-in-retro-consoles/

neodev
07-06-2017, 01:05 AM
Hey NeoSD. did you see this? wondering how your awesome device handles the 5v to 3.3v transition.

https://db-electronics.ca/2017/07/05/the-dangers-of-3-3v-flash-in-retro-consoles/

NeoSD uses voltage translators to convert all the cart 5V signals into 3.3V for internal use and back. Also those translators have a fairly high ESD protection rating (they exceed the JEDEC standard rating), so they also protect the internal circutry from electrostatic discharge from the cartridge connector.

massimiliano
07-06-2017, 09:47 AM
Interesting...

I wonder how the fact that most of the people using a JPN console in Europe/US are actually feeding it an extra ~10-15% voltage beyond tolerance without realizing it, due to 120v (or 240v the reduced) outlet output for power supplies made for 100v (+-5% ?)

Also, I'm pretty sure older US/Euro consoles PSUs were not designed to cope with the extra 10v (20 for EU) that came later on, even considering tolerance...

I eventually found a 120-->100v step-down converter (https://www.amazon.com/VCT-VT-1000J-Japanese-Transformer-Converts/dp/B000PC4SVU/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1499353047&sr=8-4&keywords=120v+to+100v+transformer) can't recommend it enough.

Plugging original PSUs straight in the US outlet (or even using a 110-->100v converter) definitively pushes even harder the limits, in case like not well designed flashcards with this 3.3v issue...

Anyway, again kudos to Terraonion for such well designed flashcard!

Edit:

my UPS can show me the feed from the outlet, and I got 125v measured, it means even using a 110-to-100v converter will output actually ~113v constantly...it is 13% more than nominal capacity for a Japanese '90s PSU... need to test the real feed to the console, which is what bothers me more (frying a PSU can still be "ok" so to say)

neodev
07-06-2017, 10:40 AM
Interesting...

I wonder how the fact that most of the people using a JPN console in Europe/US are actually feeding it an extra ~10-15% voltage beyond tolerance without realizing it, due to 120v (or 240v the reduced) outlet output for power supplies made for 100v (+-5% ?)

Also, I'm pretty sure older US/Euro consoles PSUs were not designed to cope with the extra 10v (20 for EU) that came later on, even considering tolerance...

I eventually found a 120-->100v step-down converter (https://www.amazon.com/VCT-VT-1000J-Japanese-Transformer-Converts/dp/B000PC4SVU/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1499353047&sr=8-4&keywords=120v+to+100v+transformer) can't recommend it enough.

Plugging original PSUs straight in the US outlet (or even using a 110-->100v converter) definitively pushes even harder the limits, in case like not well designed flashcards with this 3.3v issue...

Edit:

my UPS can show me the feed from the outlet, and I got 125v measured, it means even using a 110-to-100v converter will output actually ~113v constantly...it is 13% more than nominal capacity for a Japanese '90s PSU... need to test the real feed to the console, which is what bothers me more (frying a PSU can still be "ok" so to say)

You are right. I think the consoles that use a 5V PSU don't have any internal protection or regulation, so they depend entirely on the PSU providing the proper voltage to the board. As those PSUs are not (usually) switched PSUs, but transformer type, they have a fixed step down ratio that is tuned to the original expected voltage input, so feeding the PSU with more voltage than the original one will increase the output accordingly, thus possibly frying or stressing some components.

Consoles with 9V and high voltage input shouldn't have any issues as they have an internal voltage regulator to generate the proper 5V they will just need to dissipate more heat. Also NeoSD won't suffer either, as it has several regulators to reduce the voltage to the internal required ones.

Neo Alec
07-06-2017, 10:55 AM
Interesting...

Edit:

I have a couple of official Japanese Neo PRO-POW 5V AC adapters I am using in the US. I've always thought that the voltage gets throttled at the power supply level. I've measured the DC output using a multimeter at the power supply tip. They both output around 5v. One is less than that at about 4.9. Should be well within the console's tolerance.

neodev
07-06-2017, 10:57 AM
I have a couple of official Japanese Neo PRO-POW 5V AC adapters I am using in the US. I've always thought that the voltage gets throttled at the power supply level. I've measured the DC output using a multimeter at the power supply tip. They both output around 5v. One is less than that at about 4.9. Should be well within the console's tolerance.

Sounds good. I've never seen the insides of one of those supplies, maybe they added some regulation iside.

donluca
07-06-2017, 11:01 AM
Interesting...

They have far more tolerance as AC outlet voltages have pretty wide swings.

Here in Italy (220V) in summer we go as low as 200V up to 240V. Normally AC stays at ~230V generally speaking, but in very hot days when lots of people turn air conditioning on, the electric net takes quite a big hit.

massimiliano
07-06-2017, 12:31 PM
They have far more tolerance as AC outlet voltages have pretty wide swings.

Here in Italy (220V) in summer we go as low as 200V up to 240V. Normally AC stays at ~230V generally speaking, but in very hot days when lots of people turn air conditioning on, the electric net takes quite a big hit.

That's ok for a 220v power supply, dealing with 230-ish outlet.
My point is, most people in europe use 220v-->110 or 240-->120v transformers, and given old jpn 100v PSUs, is tunning constantly above the high end of tolerance (not considering spikes)

Same for people in the US, pluggin a 100v PSU in a 120v outlet.

Operating out of specs for even years doesn't make it right (which is the point of tge 3.3v article)

As NeoAlec pointed, good indeed that (some?) PSUs have regulators, so the console side is safe, anyway I think it is safe/wise invest few bucks in a 240 or 120-->100v transformer.

aoiddr
07-06-2017, 12:38 PM
Got my case in the mail. Thanks!

As NeoAlec pointed, good indeed that (some?) PSUs have regulators, so the console side is safe, anyway I think it is safe/wise invest few bucks in a 240 or 120-->100v transformer.

Can you recommend a good one?

massimiliano
07-06-2017, 12:51 PM
Can you recommend a good one?

https://www.amazon.com/VCT-VT-1000J-Japanese-Transformer-Converts/dp/B000PC4SVU/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1499353047&sr=8-4&keywords=120v+to+100v+transformer

they also have a 500W model, got 3 of them since 2 years (cabinet/SFC/turntable) pretty solid stuff!

Edit:
the ones I have explicitly says 120-->100, the link shows 117 but actually you'll get a 120..worth checking before buying though:

RAZO
07-06-2017, 05:28 PM
https://www.amazon.com/VCT-VT-1000J-Japanese-Transformer-Converts/dp/B000PC4SVU/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1499353047&sr=8-4&keywords=120v+to+100v+transformer

they also have a 500W model, got 3 of them since 2 years (cabinet/SFC/turntable) pretty solid stuff!

Edit:
the ones I have explicitly says 120-->100, the link shows 117 but actually you'll get a 120..worth checking before buying though:

I've been using something similar for years. Running my Sigma and Neo off of it.

TMOSteel
07-06-2017, 08:04 PM

You weren't kidding on "it depends":

https://www.cbp.gov/trade/basic-import-export/internet-purchases

I've always had the "$2,000.00" figure stuck in my head, but more accurately as I read more into it: apparently mail shipped through the international postal service is supposed to go to one of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection International Mail Branches for clearance, and if its less than $2,000 a CBP official is supposed to prepare paperwork, assess the "duty" and release it for delivery.

If its under $800.00 then it doesn't need this paperwork, which is probably what you were thinking of.

So yeah, I gotta agree with you on the "it depends" as in the 17 years of collecting things from all over the world (games, systems, steelbooks, animals etc.) I've never once paid any fees, but then again, I don't think any of them had a declared value anywhere near what I paid, or its true value.

I hope Lord Trump isn't a member of this forum...

TMOSteel
07-06-2017, 08:45 PM
Picked up a NeoSD MVS from stone age gamer a few moments ago. Really excited to try it out!

I logged into SAG to pick up a NeoSD MVS, and it turns out I had a ton of "tickets" from previous purchases. Not only did I grab the SD cart, I saved $101.20 on the purchase.

Fuck. Yes.

Looking forward to putting it through its paces once it arrives.

Did you guys receive your carts yet from Stone Age Gamer? I'm just curious on what your thoughts are on the overall package.

The price is good, I get a shockbox (or whatever theirs is) and insert so two less things I have to do on my end, they're in the US and they take PayPal (I know I'm stating the obvious, but typing it out and reading it helps steer me in their direction).

On the other hand I dig the label neosd came up with, and I have some spare shockboxes I can use already.

Not sure how I feel about Stone's label on their version though...

Gummy Bear
07-06-2017, 09:19 PM
I've never been a fan of the way SAG stick their name all over everything like they made it.

heihachi
07-06-2017, 09:24 PM
Did you guys receive your carts yet from Stone Age Gamer? I'm just curious on what your thoughts are on the overall package.

The price is good, I get a shockbox (or whatever theirs is) and insert so two less things I have to do on my end, they're in the US and they take PayPal (I know I'm stating the obvious, but typing it out and reading it helps steer me in their direction).

On the other hand I dig the label neosd came up with, and I have some spare shockboxes I can use already.

I bought mine through SAG, mostly due to them shipping from the US not really the "package." It arrived quickly and intact, so it was worth it from that angle. The instruction insert is nice, but you're better off just coming here if you need help with it. It also comes with a sticker...This does absolutely nothing for me, but I'm not a sticker guy. The shock box is the one thing that I think is really nice to have, and it seems quality. The label is fine, imo, it just comes down to preference.

BeaglePuss
07-06-2017, 09:49 PM

My cart arrived super fast. The shell definitely feels like a home brew release. Not exactly up to the OG standards. The label is meh, and the instructions were thin. I took the sticker and slapped it on my basement fridge.

With all that said, the game plays inside my MVU-4. I don't see the thing, and I could give two shits what the label looks like. The menu is straight forward, the load times are completely reasonable, and the cart has been 100% reliable. Given the free money I had in "tickets," the speed in which it was delivered, how user friendly the setup has been, and the capabilities of the cart, I couldn't be happier. The shock box was a bonus, but there's no reason to ever store the cart when it allows you access to (essentially) the entire library. The bad Larry is staying in my four slot.

massimiliano
07-07-2017, 11:42 AM
Got my shell few days ago, agree with the overall comments, few details (mostly mold residues) makes it looks a bit cheap, but probably smoothing/polishing them can improve. I'm keeping the cart in a black MVS original shell, anyway makes more sense to me, at least for MVS.

The label sticker resolution is frankly low, logos are blurred, not sure why...maybe next batch will get a better printing?

Anyway, thanks for delivering the free shell, appreciated!

Gummy Bear
07-08-2017, 06:34 AM
@ Neosd / neodev

Re: the shell and sticker.
The sticker appears to have a clear plastic layer on top.
Is this just a protective thing that can be peeled off or is it supposed to stay there?

Also:
With the save mode set to continuous, does that mean that if I leave a game running attract mode, the score data is saved every time the game cycles or only when the data changes?
Is it possible to switch the machine off at the 'wrong' time with saving set to continuous?

Thanks

TMOSteel
07-08-2017, 05:46 PM
I bought mine through SAG, mostly due to them shipping from the US not really the "package." It arrived quickly and intact, so it was worth it from that angle. The instruction insert is nice, but you're better off just coming here if you need help with it. It also comes with a sticker...This does absolutely nothing for me, but I'm not a sticker guy. The shock box is the one thing that I think is really nice to have, and it seems quality. The label is fine, imo, it just comes down to preference.

My cart arrived super fast. The shell definitely feels like a home brew release. Not exactly up to the OG standards. The label is meh, and the instructions were thin. I took the sticker and slapped it on my basement fridge.

With all that said, the game plays inside my MVU-4. I don't see the thing, and I could give two shits what the label looks like. The menu is straight forward, the load times are completely reasonable, and the cart has been 100% reliable. Given the free money I had in "tickets," the speed in which it was delivered, how user friendly the setup has been, and the capabilities of the cart, I couldn't be happier. The shock box was a bonus, but there's no reason to ever store the cart when it allows you access to (essentially) the entire library. The bad Larry is staying in my four slot.

Thanks for your opinions, I pulled the trigger and got mine on backorder from Stone Age. They said it should ship in a couple of weeks.

While I have two gold cabs, at present they are offline and in storage, so I'll be gaming on my Omega, so that was part of the reason why I was asking.

But in the end its the gaming that matters, and its not like the label is butt ugly, so I'm sure it will be fine.

I look forward to going the neosd club.

mistahsnart
07-10-2017, 06:31 AM
I wanted to drop in and give a big thanks to the hard-working NeoSD team. Just got my MVS NeoSD from Stone Age Gamer on Friday, and it's awesome. Well done!

Chaotic Mind
07-10-2017, 07:29 AM
So I decided to join this club as a new MVS owner. Mine is on back order from Stone Age. Funny how just like with the game market the MVS version is cheaper than the AES version. LOL

fenikso
07-10-2017, 10:52 AM
So I decided to join this club as a new MVS owner. Mine is on back order from Stone Age. Funny how just like with the game market the MVS version is cheaper than the AES version. LOL

To be fair to SAG and NeoSD: The AES version uses and extra chip (that was on MVS boards) that was intentionally left out of the console by SNK, to make it harder for people to use AES games on MVS and vice versa. Extra chip = more money.

nio
07-10-2017, 11:06 AM
Can anybody confirme the 3.3v to 5v level translation of the flash is ok?

fenikso
07-10-2017, 11:08 AM
Can anybody confirme the 3.3v to 5v level translation of the flash is ok?

NeoSD has stated MULTIPLE times that they designed their cart with the proper level translators. So yes.

Chaotic Mind
07-10-2017, 11:29 AM
To be fair to SAG and NeoSD: The AES version uses and extra chip (that was on MVS boards) that was intentionally left out of the console by SNK, to make it harder for people to use AES games on MVS and vice versa. Extra chip = more money.

Ah. OK. Thanks for telling me that. For as much as I know about how these systems work I never knew that.

Rot
07-10-2017, 11:48 AM
Ah. OK. Thanks for telling me that. For as much as I know about how these systems work I never knew that.

My advice... Never admit to knowing jack shit about the NG...

I just bluff my membership here.... No one's found out yet...

xROTx

Chaotic Mind
07-10-2017, 11:57 AM
My advice... Never admit to knowing jack shit about the NG...

I just bluff my membership here.... No one's found out yet...

xROTx

Gives me advice and breaks said advice in the same post.

BUSTED!!! LOL

Rot
07-10-2017, 11:59 AM
Gives me advice and breaks said advice in the same post.

BUSTED!!! LOL

Yeah... none of the Mods around here know jack shit about anything...

... Initially I thought this was a Scat Pron website...

xROTx

massimiliano
07-11-2017, 03:08 PM
Question for NeoSD, sorry if has been asked already, would it be possible to implement a "virtual memory card", actually writing/reading on the SD?

NeoTurfMasta
07-11-2017, 03:18 PM
Question for NeoSD, sorry if has been asked already, would it be possible to implement a "virtual memory card", actually writing/reading on the SD?

Massi trying to put me out of business...

Man, I got 5 kids to feed.

Razoola
07-11-2017, 03:23 PM
Its possible but would require either game patching or extra hardware that plugs into the memory card slot in combination with bios mod (like unibios).

massimiliano
07-11-2017, 03:26 PM
Massi trying to put me out of business...

Fixed

massimiliano
07-11-2017, 03:27 PM
Its possible but would require either game patching or extra hardware that plugs into the memory card slot in combination with bios mod (like unibios).

Thanks Raz..here you go Brian, time for a "Virtua-card Masta" adapter.... ;P

Sunken
07-12-2017, 03:53 AM
Just ordered an AES version. Can't wait to receive it.

Do I have to receive it to get the serial number for accessing the downloads section (just for preparing the roms in advance)?

nio
07-12-2017, 03:56 AM
Perfect thanks.

xsq
07-13-2017, 05:37 AM
Do I have to receive it to get the serial number for accessing the downloads section (just for preparing the roms in advance)?
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv169/MH555/25z5m5j.gif

MattBlah
07-13-2017, 05:50 AM
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv169/MH555/25z5m5j.gif

I think at this point that is easier said than done. Who has time to read 119 pages?

lachlan
07-13-2017, 06:32 AM
I think at this point that is easier said than done. Who has time to read 119 pages?

Pain is for the weak. Read them.

xsq
07-13-2017, 06:47 AM
http://i.imgur.com/OXlKW2S.gif
[ever heard of the "search function"?]

gunaska
07-17-2017, 12:02 AM
We already did, but we still donï―īt have an aswer, aparently they answer you by postal letter ....

Anyways, if we donï―īt get an answer by the end of next week, we will ship him another unit.

NEOSD team

It's time to solve my problem,pls

@NEOSD

lachlan
07-17-2017, 06:13 AM
NEOSD team

It's time to solve my problem,pls

@NEOSD

Take it up with lonesage.

comoema
07-18-2017, 08:50 PM

I think it will be helpful to write a mini section including all this information, maybe a NEOSD page under the Wiki...what do you think guys?

xsq
07-19-2017, 02:01 AM
I think it will be helpful to write a mini section including all this information, maybe a NEOSD page under the Wiki...what do you think guys?
http://i.imgur.com/0s2oODO.gif

donluca
07-19-2017, 02:34 AM

I think the best thing you can do is write this up and send it to NeoSD as they have a FAQ page already and can it be expanded.

Jontox
07-19-2017, 11:05 AM

Great idea, Wiki would allow a contribution from anyone not a lone wolf effort.
By the way, who validate any contribution in the Neowiki?

Razoola
07-19-2017, 12:41 PM
The admins are ElBarto and Furrtek so they get the final say. I have been contributing since 2012. I don't think there would be a problem with NeoSD info there providing its page is not advertising (link to a page selling them for example).

LegoSlug
07-19-2017, 06:22 PM
Finally put my order in, had to go with stone age gamer. Hopefully they ship out sooner than 4 weeks. If it's as good as people say, I may have to unload some of my mvs games. Looking forward to finally playing MS2 Turbo.

Sunken
07-24-2017, 07:19 PM
For the next firmware update, is it possible to add some test patterns like the Neo Geo Monitor Test Tool (http://www.neohomebrew.com/neo-geo-monitor-test.php)?

It would be great for AES owners who wants to tweak their CRTs! ;)

Gyrian
07-24-2017, 08:29 PM
It's a good idea, but it might be that all we need is to set up a version of the 240p test suite that runs as a NeoSD package (http://www.neohomebrew.com/neo-geo-monitor-test.php).

dl1955
08-04-2017, 05:19 PM
Thank you so much Razoola for your in depth review. Because of this I purchased a NeoSD. :)

WNivek
08-04-2017, 07:31 PM
It's a good idea, but it might be that all we need is to set up a version of the 240p test suite that runs as a NeoSD package (http://www.neohomebrew.com/neo-geo-monitor-test.php).

Like this? (https://www.dropbox.com/s/bm128qskohirfmc/montest.neo?dl=0)

coreykun667
08-05-2017, 01:08 AM
Finally put my order in, had to go with stone age gamer. Hopefully they ship out sooner than 4 weeks. If it's as good as people say, I may have to unload some of my mvs games. Looking forward to finally playing MS2 Turbo.

You could play MS2 Turbo anyway if you have the newest Unibios installed. I really want a NeoSD, but I'll have to wait a while before I buy one. I might just wait till the holidays and have relatives possibly get me SAG gift certificates.

Razoola
08-05-2017, 02:58 AM
Thank you so much Razoola for your in depth review. Because of this I purchased a NeoSD. :)

No problem. neosd/neodev defo need much credit also because they were not unwilling to have the NeoSD reviewed from an outside and totally unbiased party who knew the NeoGeo workings like I do before it was released. Looking back at the review now I think it was spot on, I don't think I have seen a single person say the review was just hype, misleading, or anything like that. Its a great product that does what it says.

Sunken
08-05-2017, 05:40 AM

Thanks for the link, can't wait to try it! ;)

Gyrian
08-05-2017, 06:38 AM

Something like that, nice work. ;)

Neo Alec
08-05-2017, 09:57 AM
I almost pulled the trigger on the MVS version to use for my Youtube videos (wanted to show the prototype version of ASO II), but as soon as I was ready, of course Stone Age Gamer changed the page to say it was out of stock. Still might get the AES version instead. In the end I felt it wasn't worth $470 to show 20 seconds in a video that will get 300 views.

Of course it will have many other uses, but mostly only for homebrews and protos, since I have a complete MVS library already.

Edit: And it's in stock again. I may need to get it for an upcoming video.

LegoSlug
08-05-2017, 02:49 PM
You could play MS2 Turbo anyway if you have the newest Unibios installed. I really want a NeoSD, but I'll have to wait a while before I buy one. I might just wait till the holidays and have relatives possibly get me SAG gift certificates.

You can run MS2 turbo without modifying the MS2 cart? That's what I was trying to avoid. Either way, the Neo SD should get plenty of use.

madman
08-05-2017, 08:57 PM

I've seen this mentioned several times, but it's not anywhere in the Unibios release notes. I saw Raz added the CRC and cheats/score saving, but I don't see anything about being able to patch MS2 to MS2T with the Unibios?

leonk
08-06-2017, 12:03 AM
good youtube video review: https://youtu.be/-zlDR1QnUEI

Razoola
08-06-2017, 01:35 AM
You cannot change a legit ms2 cart to ms2turbo just with a unibios.

madman
08-06-2017, 01:45 AM

Thanks, Raz. That's what I thought, not sure where the rumor started that the latest Unibios has this functionality.

Jontox
08-06-2017, 04:03 AM
good youtube video review: https://youtu.be/-zlDR1QnUEI

I prefer GadgetUK164's videos...

https://www.youtube.com/user/GadgetUK164/search?query=neosd

leonk
08-06-2017, 08:59 AM
I prefer GadgetUK164's videos...

https://www.youtube.com/user/GadgetUK164/search?query=neosd

Agreed. But Adam has almost 100K viewers.

This should really push a lot of NeoSD carts out the door.

Chaotic Mind
08-06-2017, 09:28 AM
I pulled the trigger on a MVS cart and mine went out 4 days ago from Stone Age. Waited about 6 weeks for them to be restocked. Hopefully it arrives soon.

aha2940
08-06-2017, 11:14 AM

"Cannot" as in "not right now, but maybe in the future" or as in "it cannot be ever done because of technical limitations"?

Razoola
08-06-2017, 12:42 PM
cannot as in never.