PDA

View Full Version : MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13

phoenixdownita
03-17-2017, 01:20 PM
Just ordered mine (AES ver) the bank did not block anything, now onto the waiting game.
Thanks to "Rot the awesome" I have the original releases so I should be set for good (that's all I really care for).
One suggestion, I paid in EUR (rather than the conversion offered by their payment provider) and it turns out I saved some money so keep that in mind if you have a credit card that does not charge for currency conversions (we are talking a 4% savings on the total price, yes I am that cheap)

<:)>
for sale MagicKey + 161-in-1
</:)>
just kidding, not really

Tgames
03-17-2017, 03:47 PM
Hi,

When the free shell for the first batch order when be send ?
It's quite long since i ordered mine flash cart.

Thanks.

Gyrian
03-17-2017, 05:47 PM
I haven't even opened mine and I received it almost a month ago. Lol...oh well

Someday...someday I'll enjoy it.

What in the world are you standing by for? They've made it exceedingly easy to set up: grab the tool, point it to a folder, paste the results in your SD card, enjoy.

Gummy Bear
03-17-2017, 07:07 PM
I haven't even opened mine and I received it almost a month ago. Lol...oh well

What a waste of hardware...

Gummy Bear
03-17-2017, 07:11 PM
Hi,

When the free shell for the first batch order when be send ?
It's quite long since i ordered mine flash cart.

Thanks.

There is no definite date.
Once they have cleared current orders, they will start to ship the free shells. A few weeks I'd say.
Patience.

Neo Alec
03-17-2017, 11:46 PM
Xian's completely right. There is a certain orientation that MVS labels are supposed to have. If you have a vertical-loading board, it's very clear where the front of the cart is supposed to be. But since you can apparently reverse the boards in the shell, it's a non-issue.

One100bill
03-18-2017, 12:53 AM
What in the world are you standing by for? They've made it exceedingly easy to set up: grab the tool, point it to a folder, paste the results in your SD card, enjoy.

I will start looking into it. I know what a waste of hardware. Someone take it of my hands. I even got a an original snap lock case for it. Lol

Rot
03-18-2017, 02:36 AM
I will start looking into it. I know what a waste of hardware. Someone take it of my hands. I even got a an original snap lock case for it. Lol

FFS... If you read the forum you'd find there is a ready made solution in place...

Download the Link provided in this post... ask me in chat for password... (http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?269010-NEOSD-MVS-Support-thread-!&p=4140218&viewfull=1#post4140218)

Link Expires in ONE week... unsure if it wll be uploaded again... make it SNAPPY!

xROTx

RAZO
03-18-2017, 10:24 AM
All this talk about holes, drills, stickers and I have no idea on how to even get my AES NEOSD going. Ha ha ha! My fault because I'm a total noob when it comes to downloading, uploading, converting, and all of the other technical terminology used to make the NEOSD work. I haven't even opened mine and I received it almost a month ago. Lol...oh well

Someone please help this guy. I would but I don't have a NeoSd.

Edit: My bad Rot, I just saw your post.

Razoola
03-18-2017, 01:43 PM
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?270418-From-Customs-with-Love-(Drill-all-the-things!)

I hope this puts to bed in peoples mind about the entire drillgate situation and opens the eyes to those that do not believe customs can do such things to packages. Clearly customs have been stepping up their searches over the past weeks and I suspect it will only increase with packages arriving to the USA in the future.

Rot
03-18-2017, 01:46 PM
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?270418-From-Customs-with-Love-(Drill-all-the-things!)

I hope this puts to bed in peoples mind about the entire drillgate situation and opens the eyes to those that do not believe customs can do such things to packages. Clearly customs have been stepping up their searches over the past weeks and I suspect it will only increase with packages arriving to the USA in the future.

50/50.... i'd still kill Oghugo's account in a heartbeat....

xROTx

massimiliano
03-18-2017, 03:21 PM
not sure if it has been posted already but...custom avatar proposal for OGHUGO:

lachlan
03-18-2017, 05:05 PM
not sure if it has been posted already but...custom avatar proposal for OGHUGO:

:lolz: spot on there!

DaytimeDreamer
03-18-2017, 08:28 PM
So I've read most of this thread's pages (60-70 of them) and kept up with all the drama. Now it's my turn to order the AES NeoSD.

So if I'm correct:

1) I notify my bank (Lloyds) I have to make an overseas payment and not to block it?
2) Purchase NeoSD AES through credit card
3) Wait

Xian Xi
03-18-2017, 08:39 PM

That explains why my NeoCD pad was drilled. That white dust didn't help.

bitdigital
03-18-2017, 09:11 PM
Looks good. Can I get/buy a MVS-neosd sticker from you? :D

Neosd team made the right choice, a lots of people here do not imagine the price of a mold, I find already fine that they have decided to make a shell, many others would stay at the pcb.

Now, assuming they had the budget for only one mold
, It was necessary to choose between the mvs or the aes and the most logical choice was the aes for many reason:

1: mvs cartridge can be find at low prices , generally less than the aes

2: mvs are easily openable with screws, the aes are clipped and therefore does not offer easy access to the pcb

3: AES cart being smaller can fit into the mvs, not the reverse.

If you are not happy with your shell, buy on ebay a cheap mvs and took his shell : the one on the picture cost me about 25 euros shipping included.

phoenixdownita
03-19-2017, 01:08 AM
Given that now we know customs can "drill around", and that it seems so far that no damage to the PCBs has been inflicted, what would one do if he/she is victim of "drilling"?
I really appreciate NeoSD taking care of OGHUGO, but say I am next "to get drilled" will I get a replacement shell? (I'd be fine paying shipping for it) .... mind you I do NOT want a free SECOND shell pretending to have been drilled, I am only asking what would the stance be going forward now that the "drill-a-roo" has been brought forth.

greatfunky
03-19-2017, 03:31 AM
Looks good. Can I get/buy a MVS-neosd sticker from you? :D

I'm not in the stickers business :lolz:, i posted the label link upper , you don't have a printer ?
I know some people print their labels on photo paper and stick it with transparent silicone .

Given that now we know customs can "drill around", and that it seems so far that no damage to the PCBs has been inflicted, what would one do if he/she is victim of "drilling"?
I really appreciate NeoSD taking care of OGHUGO, but say I am next "to get drilled" will I get a replacement shell? (I'd be fine paying shipping for it) .... mind you I do NOT want a free SECOND shell pretending to have been drilled, I am only asking what would the stance be going forward now that the "drill-a-roo" has been brought forth.

According to Raz the situation will increase :annoyed:, it's quite possible ....
To avoid damage in the future , the solution may be to sent the neosd with a disassembled shell ?

Razoola
03-19-2017, 04:02 AM
I don't think there is to much you can do about it in all cases given customs have a right to spot check items coming into the country.

If you are the receiver - If customs have followed protocol you should have red/orange tape around the package saying it has been opened. When you see that, start taking photos/video as you open the package. Unfortunately customs do not always correctly indicate a package has been opened. Its best to always take video and photos if you think the package has been opened and resealed. Personally I feel one should always take video of package opening when buying exspensive items from abroad. It protects you and also clears doubts in the senders mind if something is amiss.

If you are the sender and its a new item being sent - A seal sticker on on the box the item is packed inside would be helpful given the receiver will know if the product has been accessed. Better information on what the item is (on the customs declaration) can also help and there is no harm in adding a message like 'contains electrical parts, if item requires a full customs check, please open via the 4 screws to gain access inside. I guess you could also include a postit type note on the physical shell with information for customs on how to easily open the shell without drilling.

In the case of the NeoSD directly it could be an idea to not cover the hole which does not contain the sdcard with the serial number sticker. No garantee but it might be that if customs want to look inside they go through there without the need of drilling or opening the shell at all. Some customs officers will be trained to see that sticker placed where it is as trying to hide something. One needs to imagine how the NeoSD would look in the eyes of a customs officer as it passes through a xray scanner given there will be what looks like an empty compartment at the back of the shell.

In some countries it is possible to request if the package needs to be checked that it be done under the supervision of the receiver. The downside of this is it might require the receiver traveling many miles and it is still no garantee. Sometimes customs checks can happen before items even leaves the country of posting, espicially when there is a suspicion of contraband (drugs/bomb material etc) that is illegeal in the country of sending.

Bottom line for the NeoSD given its a new prodect being sent, it may be cheaper to simply send free replacement shells (and PCBs if damaged) when this happens than the money spent trying to get customs to be careful which may end up not being 100% successful.

X68
03-19-2017, 02:39 PM
[QUOTE=greatfunky;4181298]I'm not in the stickers business :lolz:, i posted the label link upper , you don't have a printer ?
I know some people print their labels on photo paper and stick it with transparent silicone .

Cheers for the sticker image =]
I can print these on sticky back paper with a laser printer, if anyone wants one printed just pay the postage

http://i65.tinypic.com/30tgfpe.jpg

greatfunky
03-19-2017, 03:02 PM
[QUOTE=greatfunky;4181298]I'm not in the stickers business :lolz:, i posted the label link upper , you don't have a printer ?

Cheers for the sticker image =]
I can print these on sticky back paper with a laser printer, if anyone wants one printed just pay the postage

http://i65.tinypic.com/30tgfpe.jpg

Looks great !;)

daz007
03-19-2017, 11:11 PM
Just thought i would chime in as i feel sorry for the guy who had his shell drilled. This sort of thing DOES happen at customs and i myself had it happen with no explanation, tape etc etc. It is very unlikely and unfortunate in this case but it DOES happen. Also you have to ask yourself why would he do such a thing ?

I think NeoSD should take a break and start thinking logically (with all respect) as you obviously have produced a great product and have a great deal of support but in this instance i think you are wrong.

Also , possibly slightly more brutally, this wasn't produced as charity and you are able to sell for a considerable amount. Your skills, expertise, knowledge and enthusiasm are fantastic but lets not suggest this is entirely altruistic...

lachlan
03-20-2017, 05:24 AM
So I finished consolizing a 1C and now it's gotten its maiden NEOSD experience! I tested it with the best and most grueling game on the entire system, if it can stand to run this game anything will work.

daithidownunder
03-20-2017, 07:27 AM
So I finished consolizing a 1C and now it's gotten its maiden NEOSD experience! I tested it with the best and most grueling game on the entire system, if it can stand to run this game anything will work.

Nice work on the cmvc mate. What a game that is, truly worthy of the CMVS's maiden test :tickled:

LoneSage
03-20-2017, 09:42 AM
LMBO lach you mad lad

massimiliano
03-20-2017, 10:28 AM
Also , possibly slightly more brutally, this wasn't produced as charity and you are able to sell for a considerable amount. Your skills, expertise, knowledge and enthusiasm are fantastic but lets not suggest this is entirely altruistic...

I think there is a clear distinction between people trying to make money in this hobby (mistly in fraudolent ways) and fans willing to make something available to the community.

NoeSD team clearly falls under the latter category IMO, and I wouldn't be surprised if the money they are asking will make them even with cost or just enable to continue on next project.

So to say, this has been a project made by passion mostly, rather than business, hence we could all understand these kind of situations?

Neodogg
03-20-2017, 11:36 AM

:scratch: How'd you get the AES cart to work on the CMVS? :scratch:

TotalMoop
03-20-2017, 11:41 AM
:scratch: How'd you get the AES cart to work on the CMVS? :scratch:

Universal Cart Case.. one for all.

Dampfwalze
03-20-2017, 04:02 PM
Got mine today and I am very pleased up to now. :)
Works like a charm. Yet, one reason I wanted the NeoSD for was to play the uncensored version of Samurai Shodown 5 Special without the need of a unibios. I thought if I start the MVS Rom version I would get the uncensored version because the code of the MVS Rom should be unaltered. But I can't execute the overkill moves. Seems this is locked somehow. :(
But nontheless, a great buy.

PS Only problem I encountered is to put the cartridge into the the slots. I had to use some force while wiggeling the cart. To me it seems to be the be the width of the PCBs. Someone tried to rasp the edges a bit?

lachlan
03-20-2017, 04:04 PM
PS Only problem I encountered is to put the cartridge into the the slots. I had to use some force while wiggeling the cart. To me it seems to be the be the width of the PCBs. Someone tried to rasp the edges a bit?

For me the MVS version is incredibly easy to insert/remove. In fact a standard MVS cart is more difficult.

Dampfwalze
03-20-2017, 05:07 PM
Oh yes, I forgot to mention that it's the AES version I got. :)
Maybe it is only my cart that is hard to insert. A little negative point, but there are many positive points in contrast.

Rot
03-20-2017, 05:11 PM
Oh yes, I forgot to mention that it's the AES version I got. :)
Maybe it is only my cart that is hard to insert. A little negative point, but there are many positive points in contrast.

vorsprung durch technik AES...

xROTx

PS. Tak says you're a bad bad German dude and I should make an effort to Fakk2 you...

Sceptre_JLRB
03-20-2017, 07:22 PM
Yet, one reason I wanted the NeoSD for was to play the uncensored version of Samurai Shodown 5 Special without the need of a unibios. I thought if I start the MVS Rom version I would get the uncensored version because the code of the MVS Rom should be unaltered. But I can't execute the overkill moves. Seems this is locked somehow. :(
But nontheless, a great buy.

Consider there are 3 versions of SS5 Special:

* Samurai Shodown V Special: The original MVS version, uncensored. [Maybe you want to play this one.]
* Samurai Shodown V Sp (AES Ori): The original AES version, censored.
* Samurai Shodown V Special (AES): The 'fixed' AES version, less censored.

faroffmods
03-20-2017, 11:44 PM
FFS... If you read the forum you'd find there is a ready made solution in place...

Download the Link provided in this post... ask me in chat for password... (http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?269010-NEOSD-MVS-Support-thread-!&p=4140218&viewfull=1#post4140218)

Link Expires in ONE week... unsure if it wll be uploaded again... make it SNAPPY!

xROTx

Hi ROT

Didn't see you on the chat tonight. Just looking for the password for the .neo conversions. Thanks so much!

Rot
03-21-2017, 02:14 AM
Hi ROT

Didn't see you on the chat tonight. Just looking for the password for the .neo conversions. Thanks so much!

I am in chat GMT only...

Anyway, PM sent...

Dampfwalze
03-21-2017, 03:40 AM
PS. Tak says you're a bad bad German dude and I should make an effort to Fakk2 you...

I am so bad, I give training courses in being more ruthless to hedge-fund managers.

Dampfwalze
03-21-2017, 03:42 AM
Consider there are 3 versions of SS5 Special:

* Samurai Shodown V Special: The original MVS version, uncensored. [Maybe you want to play this one.]
* Samurai Shodown V Sp (AES Ori): The original AES version, censored.
* Samurai Shodown V Special (AES): The 'fixed' AES version, less censored.

I already used the MVS version. (easy to recognize by the missing practice option). My guess is that the MVS version plays in an AES with "Violence Off" dip-switch setting.

sheik
03-21-2017, 04:44 AM
Happy brand new NeoSD owner here, with my first Neo Geo AES bought a few weeks ago (so I really do know very little about this console).
Big thanks to Rot for sorting me out with the .neo files in chat yesterday.

One thing I'd missed when reading about the front-end was that it has handy filter/genre options, which I really like.

I only have two minor issues so far. Firstly, my plastic shell is a little loose around the joins at the bottom, especially near the micro SD slot. i.e. it seems like it's open by about 2mm. The screws are already tight so I think maybe the plastic is just slightly warped. I've put a bit of tape over it to make it flush for now. Do any other AES version owners have the same issue?

Secondly, sometimes after inserting the cart I get badly distorted graphics, eg all the writing on the NeoSD menu is "doubled" up making it illegible. Powering off and reseating the cart fixes this. For all I know this could be a normal issue with all AES carts? Or maybe an issue with my AES cart slot?

Like I say, minor issues, which aren't likely to spoil my enjoyment of this fantastic device. Thanks NeoSD team!

faroffmods
03-21-2017, 05:55 PM
I am in chat GMT only...

Anyway, PM sent...

Thanks so much for sharing Rot! Everything works like a charm first try :) I have zero complaints regarding NeoSD! I am using a Neo Geo Omega, and yes the sticker is backwards, but honestly guys is that such a big deal? The load times are much better than I expected as well. I didn't count, but the first game I loaded was Baseball Stars 2 and I think it took no more than 15 seconds to load. Pretty impressive!

Best purchase I've made all year! Thanks everyone here for the help to get my payment sent to NeoSD as well as helping with support and info.

Now off to enjoy this amazing product!

Gummy Bear
03-21-2017, 08:29 PM
and yes the sticker is backwards, but honestly guys is that such a big deal?

Well no, because you can turn the boards around in the case so it faces forwards.

For all I know this could be a normal issue with all AES carts? Or maybe an issue with my AES cart slot?

No that's not normal.
Sounds like dirty cartridge slot connectors to me.
Try giving them a clean.

sheik
03-22-2017, 07:36 AM
No that's not normal.
Sounds like dirty cartridge slot connectors to me.
Try giving them a clean.

Cheers, I sprayed the slots with contact cleaner and added some to the NeoSD connectors as well, and inserted / removed a few times. The issue hasn't happened since and as I'm unlikely to remove the NeoSD regularly then all should hopefully be good. Thanks!

neodev
03-22-2017, 08:07 AM
Cheers, I sprayed the slots with contact cleaner and added some to the NeoSD connectors as well, and inserted / removed a few times. The issue hasn't happened since and as I'm unlikely to remove the NeoSD regularly then all should hopefully be good. Thanks!

If it happens again, try just resetting the AES with the reset button.

leonk
03-24-2017, 01:33 AM

xROTx

Someone needs to let smoke monster know about this and have him take over maintaining it. He's been doing a great job with other system packs.

FikNaldo
03-24-2017, 06:00 AM
Someone needs to let smoke monster know about this and have him take over maintaining it. He's been doing a great job with other system packs.

He seems to be in bed with the other guys, so I'm guessing he's going to make a set more for that cart than one suitable for us.
TBH - there's nothing wrong with the set Rot has pointed us to, so I don't see SmokeMonsters being any better - it may just be more accessible without registering here and trying to obtain the password (in the space of one more week or whatever).

GadgetUK
03-24-2017, 06:22 AM

I did contact him already on Google+ but never got a response.

xsq
03-24-2017, 09:17 AM
PS : Someone asked me in PM my sticker for the MVS shell , I post it here , if someone else want to use it ....
http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/616153label2.jpg
Good job! When (/if :() I get the money together to buy one of these I'll use it... would like it even more if the Logo was 100% identical with the retail version, but whatevs.

neo-geo-mvs
03-24-2017, 11:05 AM
Good job! When (/if :() I get the money together to buy one of these I'll use it... would like it even more if the Logo was 100% identical with the retail version, but whatevs.

I'm very tempted to get the NeoSD to. Need to raise some funds

I've got a spare MVS case waiting to be used to

Rot
03-24-2017, 11:16 AM
If there is still demand for the "file"... I will see if it can be uploaded again...

..as per usual... 30 day time limit before it expires once a link becomes active...

xROTx

PS. I am ONLY doing this for our memberbase... saves me disciplining half of our guys here... geez...

akicoman
03-26-2017, 11:30 PM
Cool... NeoSD Sticker
http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/tsuruo3/imgs/5/a/5a174f5a.jpg
http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/tsuruo3/imgs/2/1/21241cb8.jpg
http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/tsuruo3/imgs/f/c/fc85b8c8.jpg
http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/tsuruo3/imgs/a/6/a695b904.jpg

xsq
03-27-2017, 03:59 AM
Cool... NeoSD Sticker
http://i.imgur.com/zEQpk2d.jpg

lachlan
03-27-2017, 04:59 AM
Yeah those sticker designs are poor. Less is more with a cartridge label if you come from the school of MVS.

Razoola
03-27-2017, 05:37 AM
Personally I think the label alienpdx neosd came up with is great, it only suffers from minor formatting issues, the actual design though is really slick.

Electric Grave
03-27-2017, 05:59 AM
...but gaiz! Those labels are laminated with contact paper!!!!

MkidTrigun
03-28-2017, 02:50 PM
Got my NeoSD MVS in yesterday, got it loaded up and brought it into work this morning to test out on my MV-1C cabinet while I wait for my CMVS to arrive - it's pretty spectacular, to say the least.

The system and region setting all work as expected and was able to load up AES versions of games without the need for a Unibios. The microSD I inserted into it has to be about 4-5 years old at this point but is still on-par with the flash times that people have been reporting.

I am highly satisfied with this investment and may purchase a second MVS cart to leave at work at some point in the future. A huge thanks to the NeoSD team for making this a reality!

phoenixdownita
03-30-2017, 10:17 PM
It's alive!!!!!

NeoSD AES version from ES to US

Ordered 3/17 (a Friday night to be precise)
Marked as shipped on 3/21 (Tuesday)
Correos marked as dispatched on 3/24 (Friday)
Delivered on 3/30 (Thursday)

Less than 2 weeks end to end .... your experience may vary but mine has been great.

BTW: no drill holes :cool:

EDIT: forgot to thank "Rot the Awesome" for "something interesting", it really made all the difference: "may you Rot in peace"

geodeath
04-04-2017, 07:01 AM
Hi all!

Have been following this thread but even now that i backed up around 15-20 pages i still cannot find what i am looking for.
I can see there is an MVS and an AES version. Is anything different in the actual flash cart, or is it really just the shell that is different? If that is the case, it makes more sense to buy the AES version then find a cheap/broken mvs game to salvage an MVS shell to put it in, if i want to play the Neosd on my cmvs.

Just wondering what is different between the 2, other than the shell (even if that is different at all, product photo shows identical right now at the website)?

Obviously the carts could be really different with each other, just wondering if there is a way to buy one and play on both, which one makes more sense to buy etc..

Thanks!

Gyrian
04-04-2017, 07:15 AM
Hi all!

Have been following this thread but even now that i backed up around 15-20 pages i still cannot find what i am looking for.
I can see there is an MVS and an AES version. Is anything different in the actual flash cart, or is it really just the shell that is different? If that is the case, it makes more sense to buy the AES version then find a cheap/broken mvs game to salvage an MVS shell to put it in, if i want to play the Neosd on my cmvs.

Just wondering what is different between the 2, other than the shell (even if that is different at all, product photo shows identical right now at the website)?

Thanks!

I don't want to assume, but this basically reads like you're missing that AES and MVS are different systems. If you want to use NeoSD on your CMVS, then you need the MVS version. Both flavors of NeoSD come with an AES-style shell.

geodeath
04-04-2017, 07:24 AM
Well i do know they are different systems, but i (kinda hoped i know) thought that it might be possible to use 1 cart for both, much like flash carts for other systems that work across versions/ranges. Of course this assumes the same pinout etc, but my knowledge is limited, hence the noob question.

Thanks for clarification! :)

kaironman
04-04-2017, 07:37 AM
Well i do know they are different systems, but i (kinda hoped i know) thought that it might be possible to use 1 cart for both, much like flash carts for other systems that work across versions/ranges. Of course this assumes the same pinout etc, but my knowledge is limited, hence the noob question.

You can use the MVS cart in the AES system, using an adapter.

neodev
04-04-2017, 07:47 AM

The hardware inside the AES and MVS cartridges is slightly different, AES cartridges contain extra hardware that is not present in MVS ones, and that changes the actual data that is obtained from the cart, so a simple connector change is not possible.

There are adapters that do the conversion but they aren't officially supported by NeoSD. Some people have been using them with different degrees of success but most of them present different problems due to missing or incorrect wiring between the AES connector and the MVS pins that original games don't use, but NeoSD does. Also these converters can only convert a MVS cart to work on an AES board, but not the opposite.

dkarDaGobert
04-04-2017, 02:48 PM
hey
any updates about the mvs-preorder-free-shell shipping date?

gunaska
04-05-2017, 05:10 AM
dear neosd team

my order has been placed at 12/07/2016,and it was two months since shippment started

i got no update of shipping status.i post comment in the store and email to you but i got no reply

pls check my order .thank you

my order number is OUCDFGDND

lachlan
04-05-2017, 06:19 AM
PM Lonesage, a member here, he knows ALL about items of coolness being posted to China and not receiving them.

GrammatonCleric
04-05-2017, 09:35 AM
Can anyone comment on the stock of available NeoSD carts? Website shows as "In Stock" at the top of the order page, but in the More Info section on the same page says "In stock as May 22th 2017". Didn't stop me from placing my order but want to know if shipping is a couple of weeks vs months away.

fustylad
04-06-2017, 03:42 AM
Received my Neo SD recently, having some issue with Neo Builder UI... cmd line tool works fine, but I can't find the correct ROM set to use for conversion. Conversion fails: "Error processing romset" or "ERROR: Rom xxx missing in xxx"
I see Mr. Rot posts a file, but it's locked... :(

fille1976
04-06-2017, 02:49 PM
ask mr rot nicely for the file in the chat.

Rot
04-06-2017, 02:55 PM
Received my Neo SD recently, having some issue with Neo Builder UI... cmd line tool works fine, but I can't find the correct ROM set to use for conversion. Conversion fails: "Error processing romset" or "ERROR: Rom xxx missing in xxx"
I see Mr. Rot posts a file, but it's locked... :(

I will repeat myself here...

I created an easy solution to certain Neosd game "issues".... This provides out userbase with a complete and trusted set.... (It is ONLY for our userbase...)

It is PASSWORD protected... you will need to contact myself in chat or via PM (ONE time only PM...)...

xROTx

PS. The Link is in THIS post... POST 44..... (http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?269010-NEOSD-MVS-Support-thread-!&p=4140218&viewfull=1#post4140218)

I am pretty sure that this file will not be uploaded again without persuasion...

Pasky
04-06-2017, 02:58 PM
I will repeat myself here...

I created an easy solution to certain Neosd game "issues".... This provides out userbase with a complete and trusted set.... (It is ONLY for our userbase...)

It is PASSWORD protected... you will need to contact myself in chat or via PM (ONE time only PM...)...

xROTx

PS. The Link is in THIS post... http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?269010-NEOSD-MVS-Support-thread-!&p=4140218&viewfull=1#post4140218

I am pretty sure that this file will not be uploaded again without persuasion...

Wait, would you mind clarifying this rot? Does the entire neo geo romset need a special password to be used on the NEOSD or certain games or?? What's going on with this? Want to buy one later this year, so would like to know and this is a rather large thread to dig through, thanks.

Rot
04-06-2017, 03:00 PM
Wait, would you mind clarifying this rot? Does the entire neo geo romset need a special password to be used on the NEOSD or certain games or?? What's going on with this? Want to buy one later this year, so would like to know and this is a rather large thread to dig through, thanks.

It is a Complete set... the whole file needs the password to get the "GOOD Stuff".... THIS SET does NOT need the neobuilder...

It is complete and FULLY converted already... in other words... it only needs to be copied and pasted onto a SD card...

xROTx

RAZO
04-06-2017, 03:38 PM
It is a Complete set... the whole file needs the password to get the "GOOD Stuff".... THIS SET does NOT need the neobuilder...

It is complete and FULLY converted already... in other words... it only needs to be copied and pasted onto a SD card...

xROTx

That's great Rot. I2 PLAN on buying one of these in the near future and it's good to know you put out a complete working set. Saves members a shit load of time and headaches. Thanks for doing this.

Rot
04-06-2017, 03:41 PM
That's great Rot. I2 PLAN on buying one of these in the near future and it's good to know you put out a complete working set. Saves members a shit load of time and headaches. Thanks for doing this.

Best be quick to download the file then... the link expires in about 10 days...

I am tired of re-linking it... (even tho... **ahem**... i will deny it is my link...)

xROTx

PS. I've enjoyed supporting a great project like the Neosd... but I've got other shit to do around here than babysit....

RAZO
04-06-2017, 03:44 PM
Best be quick to download the file then... the link expires in about 10 days...

I am tired of re-linking it... (even tho... **ahem**... i will deny it is my link...)

xROTx

PS. I've enjoyed supporting a great project like the Neosd... but I've got other shit to do around here than babysit....

Thanks for the heads up Bud. I'll pm you in a little. I know how much you love pm's.

hitorkori
04-06-2017, 11:24 PM
http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b429/hitorkori/IMG_1650_zpshlxde5m2.jpg (http://s1042.photobucket.com/user/hitorkori/media/IMG_1650_zpshlxde5m2.jpg.html)

Loving this thx neo sd team

xsq
04-07-2017, 03:24 AM
dear neosd team
a not so noble researcher for chinese knockoffs of dubious quality?

Nostromo
04-07-2017, 04:48 AM
hey

An update on this would be nice, thanks!

neosd
04-07-2017, 02:45 PM
Can anyone comment on the stock of available NeoSD carts? Website shows as "In Stock" at the top of the order page, but in the More Info section on the same page says "In stock as May 22th 2017". Didn't stop me from placing my order but want to know if shipping is a couple of weeks vs months away.

It was a typo, we wanted to say as March, not May.

We have every single order shipped until yesterday evening. We will continue shipping by monday as usual.

As today we have stock, but i have to say stock is flying fast.
We are already waiting for a new batch so on worst scenario the waiting for a neosd is going to be about 2 weeks.
We are trying this 2 weeks period will become the usual waiting amount of time when neosd is not in stock, no more months waiting for a NEOSD, just 2 weeks.

hey

An update on this would be nice, thanks!

Hello,

After the first shells production, the factory asked us to wait some weeks until place another order (they had a lot of pending work on factory).
So we did, 3 weeks ago we placed another shells order for the free shells, last tuesday i had a meeting at the factory and yesterday i got confirmation that the free shells will be produced 21th of this month.
If factory does his part and they produce the shells on 21th (friday), we will start shipping the free shells on 24th (monday) or 25th (tuesday) of this same month.

dear neosd team

my order has been placed at 12/07/2016,and it was two months since shippment started

i got no update of shipping status.i post comment in the store and email to you but i got no reply

pls check my order .thank you

my order number is OUCDFGDND

Hello,

Just checked the spam folder and we had 2 emails from you there, really sorry about that.
We will ask correos by monday what happened with your order and we will write you back by email,
Donエt worry if they canエt get it shorted we will send you another one, but we need to know what happened before that.

Also, we answer every customer email, so if anyone cant get an answer to his question, just email us.

Thanks

Razoola
04-07-2017, 02:53 PM
Neosd, I have not had a replay to the last email I sent you, can you check that and get back to me.

pollsoda
04-08-2017, 01:14 AM
Just wanted to give my first impressions and THANKS on the device (AES version).

Tested with 3-5 rev (9V) AES, running on a 9V 3A non-OEM switching power supply; UniBIOS 3.2 Free w/ Memory card; RGB bypass, LED reset mod on a PVM 20 inch via RGB.

Payment accepted 3/29, order acknowledged 3/31, shipped 4/4, delivered 4/7 (USA).

9.5/10. Suffice to say I am very pleased with the investment and service so far.. one day in.

Plus:

* Works well with easily available filesets (estimate 90+% of common files are available via simple search)
* Excellent documentation included (in actual English)
* Shopping cart/site/support login system works great
* Software works well enough, easy to use (requires Windows)
* Reasonable shipping options (pay for the good shipping)
* GUI is very nice, responsive and easy to use. Extremely happy with usability.
* SD card slot is easily accessible when removed from system

Cons:

* Software requires Windows
* AES cart is a little tight in AES slot
* AES cart socket fit is extremely tight in cartridge connector(s).
* Software (or .neo format) should be documented for use under Linux (are the files simply concatenated?)
* MD5s of good files would be helpful
* I would love the option of moving the PCBs to a real cartridge without voiding the warranty (I have a few empty carts), the included shell isn't quite perfect but is acceptable.
* Doesn't fit into a standard shockbox. A custom shockbox would be nice, at least.

Sidenotes:

* AES version requires memory card to save Region/Console type.
* The label is the least of my concerns.

Keep up the great work, Neodev.

oliverclaude
04-08-2017, 02:30 AM
Thanks for your precise impressions, was a good read. Drop a follow-up when you ready.

lachlan
04-08-2017, 06:06 AM
Cons:

* Software (or .neo format) should be documented for use under Linux (are the files simply concatenated?)
* I would love the option of moving the PCBs to a real cartridge without voiding the warranty (I have a few empty carts), the included shell isn't quite perfect but is acceptable.
* Doesn't fit into a standard shockbox. A custom shockbox would be nice, at least.

Interesting 'cons' you've listed there. Two being about it only working with windows (run a vm..), one being a dig at great case the neosd team have painstakingly worked to get right and another about it not fitting properly into a shock box which was made with MVS cartridges in mind.

pollsoda
04-08-2017, 03:31 PM
Interesting 'cons' you've listed there. Two being about it only working with windows (run a vm..), one being a dig at great case the neosd team have painstakingly worked to get right and another about it not fitting properly into a shock box which was made with MVS cartridges in mind.

Sorry, not meant to be a dig or insult. Just giving my feedback as a user, nothing to be taken personally.

I have access to Windows, and the user software works well enough, but as a more technical user I found myself curious.

I should have mentioned it doesn't fit into an AES shock box.

Again, not trying to insult anyone, so no drama intended. Just user feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kuze
04-10-2017, 11:21 AM
Not sure if it has been asked before, but if you are loading a game on the NeoSD on a multi slot system can you switch to another slot and play a different cart in the meantime?

Niko
04-10-2017, 01:09 PM
Cons:

* AES cart is a little tight in AES slot
* AES cart socket fit is extremely tight in cartridge connector(s).
* MD5s of good files would be helpful

Sidenotes:

* AES version requires memory card to save Region/Console type.
* The label is the least of my concerns.

Keep up the great work, Neodev.

If you read the "readme.txt"....

Building your own neo tools

Neo files are just a header, and then all the uncompressed, decrypted rom data, so you can build your own tools to create or manage them. The header length is exactly 4KB, although it's mostly unused, reserved for future expansion:
struct NeoFile
{
uint8_t header1, header2, header3, version;
uint32_t PSize, SSize, MSize, V1Size, V2Size, CSize;
uint32_t Year;
uint32_t Genre;
uint32_t Screenshot;
uint32_t NGH;
uint8_t Name[33];
uint8_t Manu[17];
uint8_t Filler[128 + 290]; //fill to 512
uint8_t Filler2[4096 - 512]; //fill to 4096
}

Then the rom data follows as is, uncompressed and decrypted in the order they appear in the header: P,S,M,V1,V2,C, according to the size specified in the header.

If your game contains merged ADPCM-A and B areas (neo-pcm), then V2Size must be 0. Separate ADPCM areas is not supported for custom/homebrew games yet.
As you can see, any area with a size of 0 will actually be skipped by neosd when loading, so you can quickly test, for example, program changes without rewritting the other areas, by creating a neo with only P data, filled PSize and 0 for the rest of the areas.

The screenshot to game mapping can be checked in order.txt
Genre ids are the following (starting in 0, ascending value):
enum Genre { Other=0, Action, BeatEmUp, Sports, Driving, Platformer, Mahjong, Shooter, Quiz, Fighting, Puzzle};

aha2940
04-10-2017, 02:01 PM

Thanks for the info Niko, it's very useful and adds some insight into the NeoSD, however, from my limited understanding, some empty spaces seem to remain: how are the 3 header values filled? are they constant? how does the already-existing tool knows which values to add for V1 and V2 sizes? Are sizes in bits or bytes? I guess there are pre-made tables for all the existing games to fill these values, (or some other autodetection method), but such method seems to be not publicly available yet. Therefore, a complete linux (or OSX, or whatever) tool cannot yet be made without some wheel-reinventing (re-creating such method of autodetection). I am interested in making such tool for Linux and OSX even if I do not have a NeoSD, just to help a little bit to this community.

regards.

neosd
04-10-2017, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the info Niko, it's very useful and adds some insight into the NeoSD, however, from my limited understanding, some empty spaces seem to remain: how are the 3 header values filled? are they constant? how does the already-existing tool knows which values to add for V1 and V2 sizes? Are sizes in bits or bytes? I guess there are pre-made tables for all the existing games to fill these values, (or some other autodetection method), but such method seems to be not publicly available yet. Therefore, a complete linux (or OSX, or whatever) tool cannot yet be made without some wheel-reinventing (re-creating such method of autodetection). I am interested in making such tool for Linux and OSX even if I do not have a NeoSD, just to help a little bit to this community.

regards.

I do not think I mentioned having trouble with the tool, Raz. In fact, I am not a user of it, my question was more from a technology stand point, to know if it was considered to open source the tool or if it will be kept closed source, that's all.

I would really want to know why you are so interested on the source code/insides of the conversion tool

Thanks

Rot
04-10-2017, 03:45 PM
I would really want to know why you are so interested on the source code/insides of the conversion tool

Thanks

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder504/66332504.jpg

xROTx

aha2940
04-10-2017, 06:30 PM

Thanks

Simply because I like to help port (or create) useful tools to Linux and OSX when these do not exist, like the tool for your cart. I am not the most proficient programmer out there, but I can give it a shot and maybe come with a usable result, so if I want to create a tool for other OS (like I explained before) I'd need to have certain information. If you can't provide it, it's cool, proprietary software is an option too, I just prefer free/open source one, and see a chance to help the community a bit here, nothing else.

Regards.

Niko
04-11-2017, 12:05 AM

regards.

Taking a look at the NeoBuilder, it looks like the 3 header values are constant "NEO", each byte broken into its respective header. The "XSize" variables are combined size of the respective roms in bytes. Everything is byteswapped, and NGH number is stored as binary coded decimal.

I need to dig into it some more to figure out how it determines whether or not the ADPCM A/B are combined.

neodev
04-11-2017, 03:02 AM
Taking a look at the NeoBuilder, it looks like the 3 header values are constant "NEO", each byte broken into its respective header. The "XSize" variables are combined size of the respective roms in bytes. Everything is byteswapped, and NGH number is stored as binary coded decimal.

I need to dig into it some more to figure out how it determines whether or not the ADPCM A/B are combined.

The .neo format description is mostly intended for homebrew developers who want to make their own tool if needed.

P data is byteswapped, C data is interleaved (MAME style), the rest of the rom data is copied as is. The decision to use combined or split ADPCM areas can't be done from the roms themselves, as it depends on the cart having the NEO-PCM address multiplexer. Games including this chip (or equivalent) have combined ADPCM areas, the ones that don't contain it (early SNK games) have split areas.
The current firmware can't use separate ADPCM areas for games that it doesn't know, as it has an internal table to know which games have NEO-PCM chips, but the next firmware will take a look at the header and if V2Size is not 0, it will use split areas for unknown games.

xsq
04-11-2017, 04:48 AM
aha2940 is legit. If the NeoSD-team is looking for someone to help with porting the software to linux, I'm sure he'd be a good help...

Niko
04-11-2017, 10:27 AM
The .neo format description is mostly intended for homebrew developers who want to make their own tool if needed.

P data is byteswapped, C data is interleaved (MAME style), the rest of the rom data is copied as is. The decision to use combined or split ADPCM areas can't be done from the roms themselves, as it depends on the cart having the NEO-PCM address multiplexer. Games including this chip (or equivalent) have combined ADPCM areas, the ones that don't contain it (early SNK games) have split areas.
The current firmware can't use separate ADPCM areas for games that it doesn't know, as it has an internal table to know which games have NEO-PCM chips, but the next firmware will take a look at the header and if V2Size is not 0, it will use split areas for unknown games.

Awesome, thanks for the info neodev!

aha2940
04-11-2017, 05:40 PM

Good info there guys, thanks. I downloaded the current romset, so I have something to compare with the results of the tool I will start working in. Since I do not have the password, I will be bothering Rot on the chat for it :)

Neosd: can I contact you with further details if I need them? via PM, if you prefer? (I'd prefer via public forums if possible)

aha2940 is legit. If the NeoSD-team is looking for someone to help with porting the software to linux, I'm sure he'd be a good help...

Thanks for the confidence vote, Sebastian :D

pollsoda
04-11-2017, 10:28 PM

Thanks. Appreciated.

This is very helpful, thank you.

I would really want to know why you are so interested on the source code/insides of the conversion tool. Thanks

This is helpful in the event the team disbands or a user finds a bug that you do not have the resources/need to fix. There may be additional functionality or compatibility that a third-party developer may be able to fix. I personally already had a large collection of files that were usable, but it would have been nice to have a way to confirm them via linux (commandline) in large batches and clear out any errors/problems quickly.

I understand that Windows is the largest target audience, and I appreciate you making the tools available. However, making sources available wherever possible helps the product achieve a longer lifecycle (and sales potential) than would be normally possible.

Thanks again for the amazing product. I'm super pleased with the purchase and would recommend it to anyone looking for this type of solution.

A+, NeoSD team.

TMOSteel
04-12-2017, 07:18 PM
Neosd any change in your PayPal policy? Would love to pick the MVS version up but I'd really prefer to pay with PayPal. I know you've touched on this before just wanted to see if anything has changed.

xsq
04-13-2017, 02:13 AM
Neosd any change in your PayPal policy? Would love to pick the MVS version up but I'd really prefer to pay with PayPal. I know you've touched on this before just wanted to see if anything has changed.
let me ask you this: will you pay the fees?

oliverclaude
04-13-2017, 03:36 AM

Did I miss that gift is not an option?

neosd
04-13-2017, 03:53 AM
Hello,

We dont have plans to acept paypal.

We dont really want to spend a single minute dealing with paypal cases, paypal fees and so.

We preffer to sell less and not deal with paypal.

Some may disagree with that, but life without dealing with paypal stuff is better.

Thanks

DaytimeDreamer
04-13-2017, 04:18 AM
Hello,

We dont have plans to acept paypal.

We dont really want to spend a single minute dealing with paypal cases, paypal fees and so.

Some may disagree with that, but life without dealing with paypal stuff is better.

Thanks

QFT. Paypal has only gotten worse as time goes by. Especially if you a seller.

xsq
04-13-2017, 04:21 AM
Did I miss that gift is not an option?
I believe that is not feasible for a business?

neosd
04-13-2017, 04:30 AM
I believe that is not feasible for a business?

Honestly, we wont do anything that may not be legal.

Every sale comes with invoice, we declare every sale to spanish tax agency.

Our goal number 1 is : not be involed in any kind of troubles, and this could lead to one.

We preffer not to acept paypal even if the customer sends the money as gift.

Thanks

xsq
04-13-2017, 04:35 AM
you are #1.

lions3
04-13-2017, 08:28 AM
Hello,

We donエt have plans to acept paypal.

We donエt really want to spend a single minute dealing with paypal cases, paypal fees and so.

Thanks

Any word if you might partner with a US online store? Maybe one of those that already sells Everdrives?

sparksterz
04-13-2017, 09:39 AM
Any word if you might partner with a US online store? Maybe one of those that already sells Everdrives?

Stone Age Gamer is supposedly trying to get in on it. I remember them posting about it a while back, but they also updated their FB banner on their page to a Neo SD logo that states developed by Terraonion and distributed by Stone Age Gamer

oliverclaude
04-13-2017, 09:54 AM
you are #1.

qft

monads
04-13-2017, 10:00 AM

Stone Age Gamer is supposedly trying to get in on it. I remember them posting about it a while back, but they also updated their FB banner on their page to a Neo SD logo that states developed by Terraonion and distributed by Stone Age Gamer

Hope so. I've been wondering/hoping for a US seller as well.

Niko
04-13-2017, 10:02 AM
I think they mentioned stoneagegamer was going to start carrying them later this year.

But I could be wrong.

TMOSteel
04-13-2017, 06:57 PM

You do realize banks and credit cards charge merchant fees as well?

TMOSteel
04-13-2017, 07:02 PM
Hello,

We donエt have plans to acept paypal.

We donエt really want to spend a single minute dealing with paypal cases, paypal fees and so.

Thanks

Thats too bad, but having never been on the business end of a PayPal transaction I've never had to deal with the negative aspects of it (PayPal). It would have been nice to use their credit option so I could pay off the bill in installments without any interest charges, as opposed to a credit card. But I understand if its not an option on your end; I appreciate you replying.

Guess its time to start thinning my collection heard out and come up with some cash for this.

benjiedude
04-14-2017, 10:16 AM

Yes, it's true that they have partnered with Stone Age Gamer but they had to fulfill all their first preorders made directly through them first. Stone Age Gamer made the announcement on their Facebook page but nothing has been announced since. I assume they are waiting for update on inventory from Terrunion. My guess is that SAG's price point will piss a lot of people off...But they have to make a profit somewhere. Their packaging is nice but I wasn't willing to wait the longer time frame or pay another $100(my best guess at the extra cost) for a pretty box.

gunaska
04-18-2017, 08:50 PM
Hello,

Just checked the spam folder and we had 2 emails from you there, really sorry about that.
We will ask correos by monday what happened with your order and we will write you back by email,
Don?エt worry if they can?エt get it shorted we will send you another one, but we need to know what happened before that.

Also, we answer every customer email, so if anyone canエt get an answer to his question, just email us.

Thanks

hello, is there any progress?

I have email you 5days ago

but still no reply

could you give me an alternate address?

thanks

gunaska

amb47uk
04-20-2017, 05:20 PM
Just bought the AES NeoSD< can someone kindly point me in the best direction for complete AES RoMs - are these different to MVS RoMs?

Thankyou in advance

aha2940
04-20-2017, 11:44 PM
Just bought the AES NeoSD< can someone kindly point me in the best direction for complete AES RoMs - are these different to MVS RoMs?

Thankyou in advance

Chat. Ask Rot.

Rot
04-21-2017, 01:17 AM

Thankyou in advance

The link provided in Post 44... EXPIRES in 4 days.... (http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?269010-NEOSD-MVS-Support-thread-!&p=4140218&viewfull=1#post4140218)

It maybe "renewed" if needed...

xROTx

PS. It is password protected....

EDIT: I'll be in chat...

neosd
04-21-2017, 08:40 AM
Hello everyone,

We just have sent the 1.06 firmware version to GadgetUK, Sceptre_JLRB and others.

We have already tested the firmware but as allways, issues may show. So as previous versions we will wait for coments and if everything goes well we will compile the firmware for everyone else.

Those are major changes the 1.06 firmware (among with a lot of minor ones :) )

1 - jukebox,

To launch jukebox, just press start on "Launch Last Game" menu option,
it will show the jukebox option there.
To have named tracks in Jukebox, it uses BridgeM1 compatible lists. You
need to either create or download them. The best place
to get them is http://www.e2j.net/downloads.html and download the "list
pack (utf - 8)" file (direct link: http://www.e2j.net/files/lists.7z).
You must now create a folder in the SD named MUSICLIST and place the
contents of the "en" folder of the 7z file into that folder, so
there is, for example, a file named wakuwak7.dat file right in the
MUSICLIST folder in the SD (not in an "en" folder).

2 - better backup ram handling

Now everytime a game starts, the backup ram is loaded from the SD card and it gets saved on the game ends.
So if the backup ram is broken on the mvs board, it should work aswel

3 - Softdips configuration :

Softdips can be setup from neosd menu for each individual game, just the same way those can be configured from the neo geo test menu.
The configuration can be accessed pussing start button over any of the games on the neosd menu gamelist, you dont need to flash a game to change the configuration, you can do it over any game on the list.
Soft dips are saved individually per game

4 - Change to MVS mode on AES without unibios (only on FREEPLAY mode), cause AES BIOS cant handle credits

5 - New MAME roms added such as KOF 99 Korean release and others

6 - You can also enter the MVS bios setup menu from the neosd menu by pressing start on "launch last game" and selection the bios test mode option.

Thanks

lachlan
04-21-2017, 08:49 AM
Excellent news NEOSD!

Always impressed by the cartridge and the new addition of the jukebox is a HUGE welcome by myself and I'm sure everyone else!

nornor1
04-21-2017, 09:22 AM
@neosd, the new update sounds great. I sent you a PM about a shipping address change to whenever the pre-order shells start shipping. thank you very much.

massimiliano
04-21-2017, 09:22 AM
Soft dips from menu is great..had to open the cab to enter service mode all the times!! (to remove credit/level display)

thanks!!

neodev
04-21-2017, 09:24 AM
Soft dips from menu is great..had to open the cab to enter service mode all the times!! (to remove credit/level display)

thanks!!

You can also enter the bios setup menu from the neosd menu by pressing start on "launch last game" and selection the bios test mode option.

neosd
04-21-2017, 09:30 AM
@neosd, the new update sounds great. I sent you a PM about a shipping address change to whenever the pre-order shells start shipping. thank you very much.

Hello,

Plese, send us an email, its a pain to handle pms and get instructions from.

Shells should have been produced today, we will know more on monday.

Also, we have started working on a FAQ on the webshop, we would like to hear aditions, sugestions and corrections (engrish language and so ;)) to improve it. We plan to make a troubleshooting section aswel so for now this is only about how to get the setup working and questions related to that subject, not to issues that may show (issues will be on the troubleshooting section)

https://www.neosdstore.com/shop/index.php?id_cms=7&controller=cms&id_lang=1

Thanks

EDIT : we have also ripped some pictures from your setups guys, i hope you dont mind ...

Rot
04-21-2017, 09:50 AM
EDIT : we have also ripped some pictures from your setups guys, i hope you dont mind ...

WTF! I hope you photoshopped my stack of porno mags out from my setup...

xROTx

xsq
04-21-2017, 05:04 PM
wow, nice features on that update! good job, still keeping things interesting ;)

and it could be cool to have credits for the pictures on the faq... like on mouse over the website could say who uploaded it ("picture courtesy of neo-geo.com member xyz" or sth.).

phoenixdownita
04-22-2017, 12:03 AM
About FW update .... did you manage to put in support for CTHD for us AES owners?

neodev
04-22-2017, 07:11 AM
About FW update .... did you manage to put in support for CTHD for us AES owners?

Yes, it's working fine on AES now

Gyrian
04-22-2017, 08:37 AM

For my part I don't mind, but I also agree with xsq's suggestion to credit the pictures. Nice work on the upcoming updates, they are sounding great!

neosd
04-22-2017, 12:49 PM
Hello,

yes, np about credit you guys.

Could you please tell us who is the owner of each pictures ? i mean : let me know if you are the owner of x picture so i can credit you

Thanks

phoenixdownita
04-22-2017, 02:46 PM
Yes, it's working fine on AES now

Awesome, does this mean that you can simulate BRAM on AES?
If so does it mean that when playing any MVS game on AES we may be able to have BRAM automatic save/restore feature?
[UniBIOS has something like that for HighScores already but ii would be cool to have full BRAM support in MVS mode ... not the whole 64K just one single slot would be good enough imho]

gunaska
04-24-2017, 08:29 PM
Hello,

Plese, send us an email, its a pain to handle pms and get instructions from.

Shells should have been produced today, we will know more on monday.

Also, we have started working on a FAQ on the webshop, we would like to hear aditions, sugestions and corrections (engrish language and so ;)) to improve it. We plan to make a troubleshooting section aswel so for now this is only about how to get the setup working and questions related to that subject, not to issues that may show (issues will be on the troubleshooting section)

https://www.neosdstore.com/shop/index.php?id_cms=7&controller=cms&id_lang=1

Thanks

EDIT : we have also ripped some pictures from your setups guys, i hope you donエt mind ...

@neosd could you give me some reply ? I'm still waiting...

Tgames
04-26-2017, 09:28 AM
@NeoSD, any ETA for the free shells ? Still waiting for mine...

jhonny d
04-27-2017, 08:08 AM
Any estimates on when the new project will be announced?

Sceptre_JLRB
04-27-2017, 02:30 PM
Hi folks & forks!

Glad to inform I'm currently testing the new NeoSD firmware v1.06 on my consolized MVS, and would like to share my impressions and give you a preview of its new features, which are just awesome and quite useful, besides working great so far:

1) Better save management: Now the .BUP backup RAM files, which store hi-scores and softDIP configurations, are handled directly on the microSD card, irrespective of the MVS backup RAM internal memory. Thereby, unlimited saves are preserved forever, even in case of MVS backup RAM failure or battery exhaustion. Previous game saves with their hi-scores and softDIP settings are maintained and new ones are properly stored. (Please, notice that some games -such as Twinkle Star Sprites, Ghost Pilots, Ninja Commando, Magician Lord, etc.- naturally reset hi-scores on a daily basis, showing only 'Today's Hi-Scores'. This could be fixable with a patch, but I personally prefer them to behavior as the original versions.)

2) Jukebox: For every game, this feature can be accessed calling up a menu by pressing START on 'Launch corrent game' on the NeoSD menu. It uses track/sounds names previously downloaded and placed in a new folder on the microSD card, but also allows to explore manually the game code looking for sound files. Not to mention this is a pretty wonderful extra for a flashcart.

The new menu shown by pressing START on 'Launch current game' on the NeoSD menu, including two new features: Soft DIPs and Jukebox.

The Jukebox in action with its nice graphical interface for such a blast of a game, Blazing Star, showing track titles. Sound files can also be explored by using the 'Manual sound code entry' option at the top.

3) Soft-DIP configuration: Now it is possible to directly configure game options with no need to access the MVS Soft-DIP configuration menu, which is much more handy and quick. Soft-DIP settings for a particular game can be accessed either from the menu showed by pressing START on 'Launch corrent game' on the NeoSD menu, or even from a new menu by pressing START on whichever game title from the list on the NeoSD menu, even though that game hasn't been flashed yet. Of course, there is a crosstalk between the different ways of accessing soft-DIP configurations, any setting changed on one of them is reflected on the rest. (However, changes on the 'Launch current game' for the flashed game will prevail over those performed on the game name at the game list.)

Soft DIPs menu for Blazing Star as accessed from 'Launch current game' on the NeoSD menu.

Detail of the new menu called up by pressing START on a particular game title from the list on the NeoSD menu, showing the Soft DIPs option.

4) MVS mode in AES: This is now possible from the NeoSD itself, although I couldn't test since I'm using NeoSD-MVS.

5) New NeoBuilder update: To be released along with the new firmware, adding two new games (KOF99 Korean versions) and correcting the snapshot for Puzzle de Pon! (previously showed that of Puzzle de Pon! R! on the NeoSD game list).

6) Additional 'side-effect': The Super Spy title screen fixed: In addition, I have found that The Super Spy title screen, which previously lacked the game title on MVS mode (a reported bug in UniBIOS 3.2), is now shown correctly. :-)

All in all, I have to say, once again: Excellent work, NeoSD team! Congratulations! These new features are turning even more perfect a product itself already perfect. I'm still testing and analyzing possible bugs (which I must admit are solved in a record time by the NeoSD team), but looking forward to the retail firmware version available to everyone. :buttrock:

fille1976
04-27-2017, 03:34 PM
nice,can't wait to test the new features.

lachlan
04-27-2017, 05:01 PM
Very cool! Looking forward to getting my hands on this firmware. :)

kaironman
04-28-2017, 02:07 AM
Everyone is excited about the Jukebox feature, but 1 (backup management) and 3 (dip settings management) are simply amazing. 4 is great for AES version owners, too (I've a MVS).

Great work, looking forward for the release!

Razoola
04-28-2017, 02:10 AM
Nice additions. Sceptre, just so you know, the next unibios release will stop the daily wipe of highscores in games that only have a daily highscore table, those that have two highscore tables (all time and daily) will continue to wipe the daily scores. So no ROM modding will be required to get permanent highscore saving in those games.

Also, the superspy issue was also addressed and fixed in unibios v3.3

neodev
04-28-2017, 02:17 AM
Nice additions. Sceptre, just so you know, the next unibios release will stop the daily wipe of highscores in games that only have a daily highscore table, those that have two highscore tables (all time and daily) will continue to wipe the daily scores. So no ROM modding will be required to get permanent highscore saving in those games.

Also, the superspy issue was also addressed and fixed in unibios v3.3

Well, it's not actually a rom patch, but a save data patching so it's always the current day save data when it's loaded.

Razoola
04-28-2017, 03:30 AM
Well, it's not actually a rom patch, but a save data patching so it's always the current day save data when it's loaded.

Yes, I just framed it that way only because thats how sceptre put it. The unibios will do the same thing as you say in making sure the date is matching. Just remember backupRAM is altered saved/loaded every time the game cycles, coin inserted etc. On my NeoSD it takes time to load/save the backupRAM save (sometimes almost a second). Is there going to be this delay with your new method or has that been sorted out?

It sounds like you will have your backupRAM saving and loading more close to how I implemented it on NeoGeoLand. Just be aware there are some situations where games currupt their own backupRAM space.

Sceptre_JLRB
04-28-2017, 03:39 AM
Sceptre, just so you know, the next unibios release will stop the daily wipe of highscores in games that only have a daily highscore table, those that have two highscore tables (all time and daily) will continue to wipe the daily scores. So no ROM modding will be required to get permanent highscore saving in those games.

That's nice, although I'd rather prefer the 'natural' version of the game, behaving as it actually should. What about making this patching for permanent hi-scores selectable, either on the UniBIOS or on the NeoSD?

neodev
04-28-2017, 03:43 AM
Yes, I just framed it that way only because thats how sceptre put it. The unibios will do the same thing as you say in making sure the date is matching. Just remember backupRAM is altered saved/loaded every time the game cycles, coin inserted etc. On my NeoSD it takes time to load/save the backupRAM save (sometimes almost a second). Is there going to be this delay with your new method or has that been sorted out?

It sounds like you will have your backupRAM saving and loading more close to how I implemented it on NeoGeoLand. Just be aware there are some situations where games currupt their own backupRAM space.

Yes, the NeoSD will take care of that, also depending on if it's the first time the game boots (backupram initialized) or not, and after each attract cycle. The Save/Load times have been improved, also, the backup ram save is asynchronous, so it will not block the game from running even if it takes 1 second (unless the game cycles very fast, then it will have to wait till the previous save operation ends).

Yes, some games overwrite their copy of the backup data sometimes, but as long as the data is there when the bios is called back, it will work (and they should do that, otherwise the bios would write that corurpted data to the actual backram)

Razoola
04-28-2017, 03:59 AM
Yes, the NeoSD will take care of that, also depending on if it's the first time the game boots (backupram initialized) or not, and after each attract cycle. The Save/Load times have been improved, also, the backup ram save is asynchronous, so it will not block the game from running even if it takes 1 second (unless the game cycles very fast, then it will have to wait till the previous save operation ends).

Yes, some games overwrite their copy of the backup data sometimes, but as long as the data is there when the bios is called back, it will work (and they should do that, otherwise the bios would write that corurpted data to the actual backram)

Good to hear the load/save time is improoved.

In relation to saving, the time you have to handle with care is when someone returns to the NeoSD menu at a point where the backupRAM may be gone. You should save at this point given how the bios works or else the user could loose newly set scores.

Sceptre_JLRB
04-30-2017, 12:46 PM
BTW, there is a new feature of the upcoming firmware v1.06 which is worth mentioning: For those Japan-exclusive releases having the SoftDIP options only in Japanese, these are shown that way on the NeoSD using the Japanese charmap, even under a non-JAP region BIOS or UniBIOS in USA/Europe region:

The Soft DIPs menu for Bakatonosama Mahjong Manyuuki, an only-Japanese SoftDIPs game, on the NeoSD with UniBIOS in USA-MVS mode.

Moreover, when using a JAP region BIOS or UniBIOS in JAP region, the SoftDIPs menu from the NeoSD for any game will be shown in Japanese instead of English:

The Soft DIPs menu for Twinkle Star Sprites, a dual Japanese/English SoftDIPs game, on the NeoSD with UniBIOS in JAP-MVS mode.

Rot
05-02-2017, 03:48 PM
By popular demand...

Post 44 is now active for 28 days... (http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?269010-NEOSD-MVS-Support-thread-!&p=4140218&viewfull=1#post4140218)

Usual rules apply... password for the file is only given out in chat or a ONE time only PM...

xROTx

massimiliano
05-02-2017, 03:52 PM
BTW, there is a new feature of the upcoming firmware v1.06 which is worth mentioning: For those Japan-exclusive releases having the SoftDIP options only in Japanese, these are shown that way on the NeoSD using the Japanese charmap, even under a non-JAP region BIOS or UniBIOS in USA/Europe region:

The Soft DIPs menu for Bakatonosama Mahjong Manyuuki, an only-Japanese SoftDIPs game, on the NeoSD with UniBIOS in USA-MVS mode.

Moreover, when using a JAP region BIOS or UniBIOS in JAP region, the SoftDIPs menu from the NeoSD for any game will be shown in Japanese instead of English:

The Soft DIPs menu for Twinkle Star Sprites, a dual Japanese/English SoftDIPs game, on the NeoSD with UniBIOS in JAP-MVS mode.

That's great! Does it mean we can alter the rom header/descriptor with the original names in Japanese Kana/Kanji and see them in the menu?

Sceptre_JLRB
05-02-2017, 04:28 PM
That's great! Does it mean we can alter the rom header/descriptor with the original names in Japanese Kana/Kanji and see them in the menu?

AFAIK, no. It's only for SoftDIP options.

neodev
05-02-2017, 04:43 PM

I knew you would like it :).
Unfortunately the font only contains kana and a few (4 or 5) kanji. If that's enough, we can make neobuilder to add the japanese version of the game names.

Razoola
05-02-2017, 10:15 PM
neodev, its not difficult remove the next page softdip line. I guess you have this on your list already.

gunaska
05-03-2017, 12:07 AM
Unfortunately the font only contains kana and a few (4 or 5) kanji. If that's enough, we can make neobuilder to add the japanese version of the game names.

dear sir

I am still waiting my reply,could you check it for me?

@neodev @neosd

Tgames
05-03-2017, 05:38 PM
@NeoDev : Any news about the free shells for the 1st batch orders ?
Still waiting for mine since months...

massimiliano
05-03-2017, 06:10 PM

That would be great! A lot of titles uses Katakana, and IIRC (but I may be wrong) the JPN BIOS shows the dip settings titles using Hiragana for those originally with Kanji.

Anyway, it would be cool renaming the set using the Japanese names, even if just with Kana...btw, what about the title screenshot? Is it possible to manually make new ones?

Thanks!

RAZO
05-04-2017, 12:50 PM
Finally joined the NeoSd club. Placed my order for the mvs version about 10 minutes ago. Can't wait.

Neodogg
05-04-2017, 02:10 PM
Finally joined the NeoSd club. Placed my order for the mvs version about 10 minutes ago. Can't wait.

did you get a shell?

RAZO
05-04-2017, 02:12 PM
did you get a shell?

No, lol. It doesn't come with a shell?

Edit: It says it comes with the plastic shell and sticker.

beecee
05-05-2017, 07:50 AM
took the plunge with the Neo Geo, picking up a nice AES console at the weekend, and ordered the NeoSD yesterday, so will hopefully have it in a week or so, but i'll also be picking up a few original games as well, bagged Fatal Fury Special and Fatal Fury 2 so far, and hoping to add to those with more in the near future.

xsq
05-05-2017, 08:42 AM
but i'll also be picking up a few original games as well
Why?

[Were I in your place I'd rather focus on getting the best possible video/audio out of that homeconsole +Unibios perhaps]

DaytimeDreamer
05-05-2017, 09:19 AM
Why?

[Were I in your place I'd rather focus on getting the best possible video/audio out of that homeconsole +Unibios perhaps]

+1. Depending on what AES you get, there are so mods in place you might consider doing. Unibios and RGB fix are the essential.

Neodogg
05-05-2017, 10:44 AM
No, lol. It doesn't come with a shell?

Edit: It says it comes with the plastic shell and sticker.

hmm, must be nice to get a shell, it's been 6 months now...kind of silly...

RAZO
05-05-2017, 10:58 AM
hmm, must be nice to get a shell, it's been 6 months now...kind of silly...

Ohh I see. You purchased one of the first batches. I'm pretty sure NeoSd will give you guys a update soon.

fille1976
05-05-2017, 12:32 PM
i buyed also in the first batch,in the upcoming weeks it should hopefully arrive.
and also a nice firmware update.

lachlan
05-05-2017, 05:40 PM
free shells, free shells! wheres my free shell.

Getting boring.

Me110
05-05-2017, 05:54 PM
I will buy one as soon I get the money of Brazilian Taxes.
Here will pay like 2 or 3 cart's value of import taxes.

I am new on Neo Geo, but old in games.

lachlan
05-05-2017, 06:02 PM
I will buy one as soon I get the money of Brazilian Taxes.
Here will pay like 2 or 3 cart's value of import taxes.

I am new on Neo Geo, but old in games.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l0IybIP1xUDwcY7Kw/giphy.gif

Can have Brazilian Taxes?

bitdigital
05-06-2017, 04:03 AM
Whoops. Cant wait for the FW update.

MattBlah
05-07-2017, 04:38 AM

Getting boring.

It has been 6 months.

lachlan
05-07-2017, 04:47 AM
It has been 6 months.

Seeing as it is free I would prepare for possibly never receiving one. Even if it has been promised I don't see the issue as you never paid for it in the first place. (did you?) The concern for when they will arrive to you should be extremely low on your list of priorities.

Razoola
05-07-2017, 04:54 AM
I dont think that would do down well with many people if it happens. For those that ordered before the free shell was promised its not so bad I agree because they got something for nothing. There are people however who ordered after the free shell was promised by neosd in the forums, these people could see it differently. I'm sure however neosd will come good.

donluca
05-07-2017, 04:57 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the free shells thing was announced after people have made their orders, and by the time it was announced it was already over.

So, people who bought the NeoSD didn't buy it thinking of the free shell, but just the board. So I think it's ok if the free shell thing falls down, as they bought the NeoSD just for the board and the shell would have been just a nice, unexpected extra.

MattBlah
05-07-2017, 05:07 AM
No, that's not the case. A lot of us ordered after the free shell was announced. It was part of the deal. You wouldn't buy something that was buy one get one free and then allow the shop to say "well that other was free, so we don't have to give it to you". Not that NeoSD has said that, I am just saying surely you can understand why it keeps coming up.

Razoola
05-07-2017, 05:22 AM
Don, yes it was announced after many had already placed pre orders. Many people then pre ordered (after the announcement) knowing they would get a free shell before neosd stopped the offer. So you see, while some ordered and the free shell was a total gift, others ordered expecting a free shell. Its not really fair to those people if a free shell falls through, I'm sure it won't fall through though.

donluca
05-07-2017, 07:01 AM
I stand corrected, then. :)

Yeah, I can totally see those who preordered knowing they would be eligible for a free shell getting a bit upset.

Let's see how this turns out. NeoSD has still done a very nice thing getting those free shells in, I really hope it's just a matter of time, maybe due to problems related to the factories.

fenikso
05-07-2017, 09:00 AM

Getting boring.

Agreed. NeoSD has given no indication at this point, that they wouldn't come through on their promise. It'll happen when it happens.

Tgames
05-07-2017, 11:44 PM
It's very very (very) long since the promise for the free shells for the first batch orders...
Still waiting mine, because i don't want to use my neoSD without a shell.
There are no answer of my PM on NeoSD Store for the free shell (ordered the 11 august 2016 !! :O)

Razoola
05-08-2017, 01:37 AM
I think you mean November and not August?

Nostromo
05-08-2017, 04:27 AM
At this point I would offer NeoSD to pay my own shipping if they can send me the free shell right now!

GadgetUK
05-08-2017, 05:48 AM
Same here, I don't mind paying shipping on free shell.

neosd
05-08-2017, 08:08 AM
Hello everyone,

Again, this is not about money, never has been.

We are still waiting for factory to give us another shells batch.
It was going to be two weeks ago, i went to the factory and i requested some changes.
It was going to be last week, i went to the factory and i requested some changes.

Now its going to be this week, but i think it will be mostly next week.

We are going to ship all free shells at once.

I understand it has passed a lot of time since the promisse, but what you preffer just get the pieces and start complaining or wait a little more and donエt complain ?

We donエt forget, there is always a good reason for a delay.

Please, be patient.

MattBlah
05-08-2017, 08:25 AM
Hello everyone,

It was going to be two weeks ago, i went to the factory and i requested some changes.
It was going to be last week, i went to the factory and i requested some changes.

I understand it has passed a lot of time since the promisse, but what you preffer just get the pieces and start complaining or wait a little more and donエt complain ?

Please, be patient.

Thanks for the update, NeoSD. I'm sure everyone will be happy with that, it's just nice to know how things are progressing.

neosd
05-08-2017, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the update, NeoSD. I'm sure everyone will be happy with that, it's just nice to know how things are progressing.

Hello,

They are. I am the most interested on get shells produced, ship those and forget about that.

Also please, just email us, its hard to follow a PM when you have hundreds of customers.
I tend to forget answering PMs by this reason. If someone sends me a pm, i read it, but i have no way to get a way to work with it when you have tons of pms from different people.

Thanks

fille1976
05-08-2017, 09:48 AM
better have a good shell then a shell that comes and doesnt fit 100% or have quality problems,you made the right choice neosd.

phoenixdownita
05-08-2017, 01:06 PM
Does that mean that the ones of us that instead got the shell with the NeoSD (once you started selling them together) have a "bad" shell?
If you are still changing details with the factory something is not completely satisfactory, I'd like to know if possible that it's minute details. I think for example that the AES shell has the inner piece (the spacer between the 2 boards) that is to thin on the outside (the part that should touch the shell) and let the actual shell bend right at the connector instead of supporting it (it is affecting only the center of the shell, the corners seem fine) but I can live with it, just curious.

Rot
05-08-2017, 01:15 PM
I'd like to think... the Neosd team gets leeway... and some goodwill...

They have worked EXTREMELY hard to keep everyone happy...

SO... what would make ME happy is if you fucks gave it a break....

The Neosd team are in contact with myself... and I understand why they are doing this... IF I thought it'd turn out bad... I'll be the first to say...

xROTx

PS. Some of you n00bs that NEVER contribute... outside this thread... are on warning... I am NOT a Kindly Mod/God.... I will happily fuck you over...

Electric Grave
05-08-2017, 01:19 PM
You know...I'm with Rot. Give it time gaylords, let the guy do his work. The thing still works and everyone seems happy with the performance, so just be patient and you'll get yours eventually, what's the rush? Got a photo shoot itching to be posted? lololol

Pasky
05-08-2017, 02:05 PM
Hello everyone,

Please, be patient.

You really should make another topic yourself that way you can edit the first post with any updates. These questions keep being repeated because this thread is over 100 pages long.

neosd
05-08-2017, 02:24 PM
If i would be rich and own the factories we are working with, everything would be ready for tomorrow, but if so maybe i would not be producing neosd and i would be producing iphones.

Guys, we are not apple, we are a small company that produces small batches, let me put two examples :

- we were going to get an AES batch done last friday, but we will get it tomorrow, why ? cause factory had an order or 40.000 pcbs from other customer, so we the ones that produce small batches, got kicked out to make a bigger customer happy.

- we were going to have the shells 2 weeks ago, and i have to say thanks god this plastics factory wants to deal with us, you know why ? cause last week when i was there, they were producing 40.000 pieces of some sea thingle.

We are small, we do our best, get factories producing your thingle is pretty hard, you know why ? cause the first question you get is "how many pieces are you going to produce", if you are going to produce small batches, most factories just wont work with you cause they spend time to not make money.
Any batch under 10.000 pieces is an small batch for any factory, we are not on those numbers to be a good customer for them ....

Deal with factories is hard, we are doing our best to get the shells out as soon as possible, but some things take time, and this is more "give some time to the factory so they can get theyr orther stuff done" and then they can give us time, cause again, we are small customers.

Rot
05-08-2017, 02:32 PM
RELAX Neosd Pal...

The forum is home... The forum is family...

As long as you keep them updated... it's fine...

xROTx

neosd
05-08-2017, 02:40 PM
RELAX Neosd Pal...

The forum is home... The forum is family...

As long as you keep them updated... it's fine...

xROTx

Rot, i just would wish people knows how factoring works.

It has been a lot of time since our free shells promise, i know, but we are working on that, we are near to pass this episode for good.

Produce anything when you are an small company is a big effort, we just try our best. Sometimes things go well, others worst. There are human relationships among money, involved on factoring.

Just imagine if we would had an issue on the pcbs and would be forced to a recall. Thanks god we did not have such issue .... this would have been a serious problem, not produce some plastic pieces ...

Patience please

You really should make another topic yourself that way you can edit the first post with any updates. These questions keep being repeated because this thread is over 100 pages long.

It dosent matters where you put it, people will not take the time to search for that.

We dont post about the shells cause there is always a delay, this dosent means shells are not being worked at, cause they are.
I just preffer not came here every week telling : its going to be next week, and ending being next week, and next week, and next week.

fille1976
05-08-2017, 02:41 PM
im not in a hurry neosd,its like you said,where not alone make orders to that company,and big batches get first(more money).
as long we have info about it,im happy,and take some rest,you deserve it.

Pasky
05-08-2017, 02:56 PM
It dosent matters where you put it, people will not take the time to search for that.

We dont post about the shells cause there is always a delay, this dosent means shells are not being worked at, cause they are.
I just preffer not came here every week telling : its going to be next week, and ending being next week, and next week, and next week.

Well, I believe you're wrong, if you have all the information on the 1st post, there's no need to go searching, you'll be continuously pestered this way as people who aren't active here and only came to buy the cart are going to check in after a week or two of absence only to post and not sift through this gigantic thread. But whatever do what works best for you. Just saying that having some sort of general hub for the information would solve a lot of the repeated questions.

Rot
05-08-2017, 03:01 PM
Does that mean that the ones of us that instead got the shell with the NeoSD (once you started selling them together) have a "bad" shell?
If you are still changing details with the factory something is not completely satisfactory, I'd like to know if possible that it's minute details. I think for example that the AES shell has the inner piece (the spacer between the 2 boards) that is to thin on the outside (the part that should touch the shell) and let the actual shell bend right at the connector instead of supporting it (it is affecting only the center of the shell, the corners seem fine) but I can live with it, just curious.

OK...

So people got a shell... and now you want the better shell...

Some advice... it was free... it works...

You want a sexually better Shell... pay for it...

xROTx

PS. Consider your membership of the site under review....

neosd
05-08-2017, 03:05 PM
Well, I believe you're wrong, if you have all the information on the 1st post, there's no need to go searching, you'll be continuously pestered this way as people who aren't active here and only came to buy the cart are going to check in after a week or two of absence only to post and not sift through this gigantic thread. But whatever do what works best for you. Just saying that having some sort of general hub for the information would solve a lot of the repeated questions.

What we are doing here, its not the usual thing any usual company would do.

We need air to breath, i got emails on sundays asking about shippment and such things, from people that got an update last thrusday.
It has been 8 months with non stop, weekends, national party days, all day long, from 9:00 to 00:00.

Honestly, i myself need some air, i cant be updating this with no info everyday : UPDATE TODAY : no news. UPDATE TOMORROW : no news until tomorrow.
Answering the same emails about when we are shipping, day after day.

I am going to close the web browser and not answering anything more for today, cause this only draws my strenght and takes to nowhere.
We all have to wait, i have to wait to ship the shells and not receive another email asking about when we are going to ship those, and you guys to get the shells. Life sux, but for both sides, not only for the ones waiting for the shells, but for the ones being asked everyday about that.

Its 22:01 here guys, i have a familty and i should be spending some time with them, ratter than discussing things that take us to nowhere cause producing the shells is not on my hand, i dont have the key of the factory, i just do my best to get that stuff produced and shipped.

Good night

phoenixdownita
05-08-2017, 03:20 PM
OK...

So people got a shell... and now you want the better shell...

Some advice... it was free... it works...

You want a sexually better Shell... pay for it...

xROTx

PS. Consider your membership of the site under review....

I did pay for it, I got it when I bought the AES version at full price (no discount or free shell included in price and it was fine by me), the AES version was never sold naked PCB afaik.

I was just curious as to what "fixes" they made, I'm sorry I phrased it wrong.
I thought they said the shells are the same among MVS/AES so if one needs fixes the other could as well.

I am not giving them problems for asking? Am I?
And I was just curious as to what the "fix" are?
Maybe the manufacturing factory simply gave them a subpar product to no fault of their own or they used the wrong plastic ... there's tons of explanations.

Rot
05-08-2017, 03:24 PM
I did pay for it, I got it when I bought the AES version at full price (no discount or free shell included in price and it was fine by me), it was never sold naked PCB afaik.

I was just curious as to what "fixes" they made, I'm sorry I phrased it wrong.
I thought they said the shells are the same among MVS/AES so if one needs fixes the other could as well.

I am not giving them issues for asking? Am I?
And I was just curious as to what the "fix" are?

Good boy...

I know... warning shots to all other members here have been fired...

I DO NOT appreciate fooks who only post in this thread...
I DO NOT appreciate fooks who only joined to get a password...
I DO NOT appreciate fooks who think i'm asleep at the wheel...

Everyone now is on notice... I really don't care who you are... HOWEVER... n00bs will be treated as expendable...

xROTx

PS. You are still on notice... I aint really one to care much who gets run down when i'm drunk at the wheel...

RAZO
05-08-2017, 03:39 PM
I agree with NEOsd here guys. He's running a small operation and has hundreds of orders. Just have to be patient and let him do his thing. For MVS, isn't Lions making shells as well? Maybe you could pick up one of those for the time being until NeoSd ships out the new shells if people are worried about getting them damaged.

Electric Grave
05-08-2017, 03:40 PM
What we are doing here, its not the usual thing any usual company would do.

We need air to breath, i got emails on sundays asking about shippment and such things, from people that got an update last thrusday.
It has been 8 months with non stop, weekends, national party days, all day long, from 9:00 to 00:00.

Honestly, i myself need some air, i cant be updating this with no info everyday : UPDATE TODAY : no news. UPDATE TOMORROW : no news until tomorrow.
Answering the same emails about when we are shipping, day after day.

I am going to close the web browser and not answering anything more for today, cause this only draws my strenght and takes to nowhere.
We all have to wait, i have to wait to ship the shells and not receive another email asking about when we are going to ship those, and you guys to get the shells. Life sux, but for both sides, not only for the ones waiting for the shells, but for the ones being asked everyday about that.

Its 22:01 here guys, i have a familty and i should be spending some time with them, ratter than discussing things that take us to nowhere cause producing the shells is not on my hand, i dont have the key of the factory, i just do my best to get that stuff produced and shipped.

Good night

I understand man, this is a small endeavor. I do think however that you gotta chill, relax, no one that is worth worrying about is bitching, so some people are gonna nag, that's a given, don't take it so personal and just concentrate on your thing. I think I can speak for everyone and say that this is such a nice project we are all willing to wait to have something awesome like this is in our lives.

La ignorancia es atrevida hermano, no dejes que la quejadera de unos cuantos acabe con tu animo.

Suerte!

Rot
05-08-2017, 04:03 PM
I am going to bed now...

Just saying... I am probably gonna wake up tomorrow and login...

I was thinking of taking a short break... but it seems I wouldn't want to miss the chance of some lulz...

xROTx

PS. My daily routine is... I wake up... login... and clear the user queue...

I read up on a thread... while with my finger over the War room lock feature... Just sayin'....

Electric Grave
05-08-2017, 04:45 PM
Lock them tight...

lachlan
05-08-2017, 05:03 PM
See what impatience does?

StevenK
05-08-2017, 05:13 PM
He sells free shells on the sea shore. The free shells, he sells, are coming I'm sure.

Gummy Bear
05-09-2017, 08:23 PM
He sells free shells on the sea shore. The free shells, he sells, are coming I'm sure.

Genius :tickled:

beecee
05-10-2017, 07:32 AM
placed my order last Thursday, and patience is the key, the site is very vague on contact details, and the help portal is detached from the site itself, (no back or link back).

but just got my shipping confirmation email and tracking for an E.T.A of the 15th, cant wait! :buttrock:

gunaska
05-11-2017, 01:24 AM
I am still waiting for any reply....i have emailed to neosd team every month. i post reply in this thread and @neosd @neodev

it looks like i have been ignored......

it has been SIX months since i placed my order,and i got nothing and i dont know what happened....

i have no idea what should i do but waiting for a email or a reply

Yodd
05-11-2017, 01:26 AM
6 months??

Wow, that sucks.

neosd
05-11-2017, 04:46 AM
I am still waiting for any reply....i have emailed to neosd team every month. i post reply in this thread and @neosd @neodev

it looks like i have been ignored......

it has been SIX months since i placed my order,and i got nothing and i dont know what happened....

i have no idea what should i do but waiting for a email or a reply

Hello,

I just checked the spam folder and its full of your emails, you sent two emails from different email accounts at the same time, so the mail server blocked your ip as spam source, thats why your emails are not arriving.

We contacted correos weeks ago (your packet was sent to China by Correos), and they said they will investigate it and call us back, we still dont have an answer from Correos.
We will call Correos again and will give you a solution as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience

RAZO
05-11-2017, 09:39 PM
Just got my NEOSD today in the Mail. It shipped on the 10th and got here today which is pretty crazy. I highly recommend paying the extra money for the UPS Express Saver Shipping. Thank you NEOSD for getting it out so quick and for a great product. I've tested out about 6 games and all ran perfect. Also, much love to Rot for hooking it up with the password. Here is some eye candy. Rocking one of my favorite Neo Jams.

http://i.imgur.com/WiV4ngY.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/4oiIOhN.jpg

Yodd
05-11-2017, 11:08 PM
dat cart shell

Electric Grave
05-12-2017, 12:54 AM
I got mine today as well! So much faster than I thought...awesome!

RAZO
05-12-2017, 08:14 AM
I got mine today as well! So much faster than I thought...awesome!:buttrock:

neosd
05-12-2017, 08:55 AM
Free shell party may start next week, fingers crossed ...

Neodogg
05-12-2017, 10:49 AM
Just got my NEOSD today in the Mail. It shipped on the 10th and got here today which is pretty crazy. I highly recommend paying the extra money for the UPS Express Saver Shipping. Thank you NEOSD for getting it out so quick and for a great product. I've tested out about 6 games and all ran perfect. Also, much love to Rot for hooking it up with the password. Here is some eye candy. Rocking one of my favorite Neo Jams.

http://i.imgur.com/WiV4ngY.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/4oiIOhN.jpg

how'd you get that AES cart to play in your supergun?

RAZO
05-12-2017, 10:59 AM

Bob, there you go being silly again. :)

Niko
05-12-2017, 12:19 PM

Plz, is not a supergun, but a consolized AES.

Neodogg
05-12-2017, 02:26 PM
Plz, is not a supergun, but a consolized AES.

http://i.imgur.com/XPLeSQq.gif

Evil Wasabi
05-12-2017, 02:28 PM
a consolized AES?

Opethian
05-12-2017, 02:33 PM
JAMMA AES is for true ballers

wyo
05-12-2017, 02:34 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/WotHgjtqxZwfS/giphy.gif

http://i.imgur.com/XPLeSQq.gif

Jontox
05-12-2017, 03:14 PM
Free shell party may start next week, fingers crossed ...

:multi_co::multi_co::multi_co::multi_co: This is the fucking news :multi_co::multi_co::multi_co::multi_co:

RAZO
05-12-2017, 10:59 PM
Has anyone designed any NEOSD Inserts for Shockbox or Aes case?

greedostick
05-14-2017, 01:01 AM
Forgive me for not keeping up with this thread, but I'm not reading back 100 pages. Did the technical difficulties ever get worked out in regard to the MVS shells for initial pre-orders? I know this has probably been asked dozens of times. Sorry.

Thanks.

Jontox
05-14-2017, 02:05 AM
Next week normally

SNK_Pro
05-14-2017, 05:36 AM
Has anyone designed any NEOSD Inserts for Shockbox or Aes case?

I'd really like a nice one for the snap lock case I keep mine in too.

gameofyou
05-14-2017, 08:56 PM
Neosd,
This flashcard looks amazing. Great work! Do you have plans to keep these available for the near future? Or is it a limited production run? I want to pick one up (soon I hope).

pellucidity
05-14-2017, 10:32 PM
So it definitely fits in a snap lock? NeoSD said it should but I hadn't noticed anyone confirm it.

I ordered AES but all my AES carts are loose, so good to know that before I buy a snap lock.

Gummy Bear
05-15-2017, 12:42 AM
So it definitely fits in a snap lock? NeoSD said it should but I hadn't noticed anyone confirm it.

I ordered AES but all my AES carts are loose, so good to know that before I buy a snap lock.

NeoSD Shell is apparently the same shape as a normal AES shell, so snap lock or soft cases should be fine.
I have a reproduction soft case ready.

pellucidity
05-15-2017, 04:01 PM
NeoSD Shell is apparently the same shape as a normal AES shell, so snap lock or soft cases should be fine.
I have a reproduction soft case ready.

Excellent. Somehow it feels wrong to use a shockbox for an AES game, so I was planning to get a snap case and try editing aku's design to fit.

Given that I have spare shockboxes this is probably proof that I'm crazy. Either that, or a totally normal AES owner.

gunaska
05-15-2017, 07:34 PM
Hello,

I just checked the spam folder and its full of your emails, you sent two emails from different email accounts at the same time, so the mail server blocked your ip as spam source, thats why your emails are not arriving.

We contacted correos weeks ago (your packet was sent to China by Correos), and they said they will investigate it and call us back, we still dont have an answer from Correos.
We will call Correos again and will give you a solution as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience

thanks,it will be great to let me know if there is any progress

beecee
05-16-2017, 06:10 AM
mine arrive yesterday, so looking forward to get it up and running, i have my mame romset ready, so hopefully download the converter software tonight and get it tested.:)

neosd
05-19-2017, 03:24 AM
Hello

Update about the free shells : they will be produced on monday (i hope ...)
As soon as we got more info, i will post here.

Thanks

Electric Grave
05-19-2017, 09:36 PM
I just wanna say Thank you.

Tremendous product, smooth transaction too. Everyone should have one of this, money well spent.

I wish you nothing but success with this production!

RAZO
05-19-2017, 09:39 PM
I just wanna say Thank you.

Tremendous product, smooth transaction too. Everyone should have one of this, money well spent.

I wish you nothing but success with this production!

+1

I've been messing around with this so much since I got it.

swearbear
05-22-2017, 10:27 AM
Another happy customer here! I've lusted after a Neo Geo for 25 years - this was the nudge I needed. Looking forward to the new firmware (specifcally MVS mode on AES). How is testing coming along?

Grendell
05-23-2017, 12:18 PM
Hello

got my neosd aes card today and the shell vor the mvs boards , nice touch there you have slots for the sdcard on both side now there should be no problem ,anyway iam happy

Yodd
05-24-2017, 08:41 AM
got my neosd aes card today and the shell vor the mvs boards

Does this mean that the free MVS shells are now shipping?

Grendell
05-24-2017, 09:19 AM
No , i got mine early because I also bought a Neo GEO aes card last week .... shipping together it's cheaper this way :)

lachlan
05-24-2017, 03:48 PM

I would expect a post from the neosd team if that were the case.

Neodogg
05-26-2017, 06:39 AM

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?241336-Post-Your-Recent-Purchases!&p=4203618&viewfull=1#post4203618

neosd
05-26-2017, 11:46 AM
Hello,

Production started yesterday, i was supossed to go there and pick the entire batch.
I arrived at 11:00 and they had 20 produced, i waited 1 hour and they produced 20 mor, so i had to go cause i had antother meeting in a different city and could not have more time.

I called today and they said that the rest is produced, so i will go there next week again to hopelly pick the batch and start shipping

Shining Kooksu
05-26-2017, 01:13 PM
Ordered the AES version on the 10th and it was delivered on the 12th. Arrived much faster than a microSD I ordered from Amazon to use with the thing. Works perfectly. Dream-come-true.

fille1976
05-26-2017, 02:16 PM
thx neosd for the info.

neosd
05-26-2017, 04:25 PM
thx neosd for the info.

My pain to get that shorted and my aplogize for that situation.
I hope i can get this out of my mind next week
I will let you all informed as soon as possible. Monday i busy schedule, but tuesday i will go to factory again

Ordered the AES version on the 10th and it was delivered on the 12th. Arrived much faster than a microSD I ordered from Amazon to use with the thing. Works perfectly. Dream-come-true.

If we have stock, we ship the same day or next day (if we dont have any factory travel, meeting or any kind of time stealer ...)
We have been out of MVS stock for two weeks, sorry for the ones that had to wait for the MVS shipment, it dosent matters how many we produce, everything gets sold faster than we think.

As today we have stock for both MVS and AES, the deadline for UPS shipping is 15:00 Spanish hour, everything sold before this hour should get shipped on the same day.
For Correos we go to postal office the same day aswel, after UPS has picked the packets.

gunaska
05-30-2017, 07:38 PM
Hello,

Production started yesterday, i was supossed to go there and pick the entire batch.
I arrived at 11:00 and they had 20 produced, i waited 1 hour and they produced 20 mor, so i had to go cause i had antother meeting in a different city and could not have more time.

I called today and they said that the rest is produced, so i will go there next week again to hopelly pick the batch and start shipping

is there any chance i got mine this time? @neosd

gameofyou
05-30-2017, 09:23 PM
Got the AES neosd cart in the mail today! Looks nice. Hopefully, I will have time to try it out this weekend.

hassan
05-31-2017, 05:29 AM
I regret having selected ’Correos’ as the way shipping. XD
I hope Neosd arrive safely.

Electric Grave
05-31-2017, 12:13 PM
Neo SD is the best! Correos is great! I love you Neo SD, you're my idol! Thanks for making my Neo Geo dreams come true, now I'm a big tymer like all the rest!

lachlan
06-01-2017, 07:14 AM
Neo SD is the best! Correos is great! I love you Neo SD, you're my idol! Thanks for making my Neo Geo dreams come true, now I'm a big tymer like all the rest!

:keke:

Yeah.

neosd
06-02-2017, 06:34 AM
Hello,

small update about the shells (again)
Shells are produced, factory will ship those to us on monday.

If anyone needs to change shipping address, please modify the shipping details on the webshop.

Thanks

fille1976
06-02-2017, 11:52 AM
hi neosd,i ordered today my neosd aes,i mailed you for the mvs shell,i also set that in the bank notes,you can send them both if possible.
so wait with ship my aes till the mvs shells arrived.

Grendell
06-02-2017, 12:01 PM
I did the same bought the aes card and also got my mvs shell ..... so i guess your order will be the same

fille1976
06-02-2017, 12:28 PM
yep,i asked him in the weekend about it,so next week maybe they arrive and he can send them both if possible.

neosd
06-02-2017, 03:28 PM
hi neosd,i ordered today my neosd aes,i mailed you for the mvs shell,i also set that in the bank notes,you can send them both if possible.
so wait with ship my aes till the mvs shells arrived.

Yes,

I saw your pm, and your order today, we will ship your order with the free shell on the same package, next week. Thanks for your order.

My coment was for the guys that over the last months asked about change shipping address for the free shells (they purchased the boards with a different shipping address than the actual one). Time has passed and its a pain to realize the shipping changes, so the better way to do it, is for the ones that require to change shipping address from the original order to a different one, just edit the shipping address on the webshop.

Anyways, we will send an email 2 or 3 days before shipping to remind everyone about that.

We still havent decided the shipping method, we have a meeting with DHL next week, UPS shipping is expensive and correos shipping is cheap but i spent 1 hour everday at correos office for much less shipments and i am totally tired about that, so we are looking for alternatives.

Also, as you may know, this month Stone Age Gamer will start selling Neosds, we could not serve them units before cause the same reason we were not able to deliver the free shells, now the shells issue is solved and we are glad to work with them as worldwide distributors, they are pretty nice people.

Thanks

fille1976
06-02-2017, 07:58 PM
thats nice for your business neosd,hope all goes well.
like i said before,your product works really well,and your support is top,what we want more?

RAZO
06-02-2017, 09:48 PM
Yes,

I saw your pm, and your order today, we will ship your order with the free shell on the same package, next week. Thanks for your order.

My coment was for the guys that over the last months asked about change shipping address for the free shells (they purchased the boards with a different shipping address than the actual one). Time has passed and its a pain to realize the shipping changes, so the better way to do it, is for the ones that require to change shipping address from the original order to a different one, just edit the shipping address on the webshop.

Anyways, we will send an email 2 or 3 days before shipping to remind everyone about that.

We still havent decided the shipping method, we have a meeting with DHL next week, UPS shipping is expensive and correos shipping is cheap but i spent 1 hour everday at correos office for much less shipments and i am totally tired about that, so we are looking for alternatives.

Also, as you may know, this month Stone Age Gamer will start selling Neosds, we could not serve them units before cause the same reason we were not able to deliver the free shells, now the shells issue is solved and we are glad to work with them as worldwide distributors, they are pretty nice people.

Thanks

Your better off dealing with Correos. DHL and LaserShip are far by the two worst shipping carriers in the States, don't know how they are in Europe.

I've purchased from Stoneage a few times and never had any issues. Glad to see you working with them.

Will Stoneage use different artwork like they do with the everdrives or is it going to be the same?

vysethebold
06-03-2017, 01:18 PM
I want to thank NeoSD for everything. I updated my shipping address :D