PDA

View Full Version : MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

phoenixdownita
02-27-2017, 10:34 PM
Anybody take Rot up on this? If so please PM me...having an issue and could use some help.

I did and it all worked out perfectly. To handle the decompression/decryption I used 7z, that's it, when it asked for the pwd (the second time with the nine files, like the Nazgul :lolz:) I typed whatever Rot told me to.
Nothing more to it than that.

So told I don't have yet my NeoSD to actually try (need to order it first but I have to travel and want to be around when it ships so I'll have to wait a little) but the files are there and I have no reason to believe Rot is pulling a prank on us noobs.

Rot
02-28-2017, 02:12 AM
@Benjidude...

PM replied...

Try to download again please from the link... you may just have a corrupted download...

However... the 9 rar files from the first extraction... highlight ALL of them and use 7-zip PLUS password to unpack...

xROTx

PS. For windoze users... I like using 7-Zip... it's free and good...

7-Zip Downloads... (http://www.7-zip.org/download.html)

TotalMoop
02-28-2017, 02:28 AM
For Mac Users, download Keka. It works fine for this download.

bitdigital
02-28-2017, 06:29 PM
@Benjidude...

PM replied...

xROTx

Hi there, would it be possible to send me a PM with the PW please? Unable to PM you or use flashchat at the moment.

Thank You

Rot
03-01-2017, 12:55 AM
Hi there, would it be possible to send me a PM with the PW please? Unable to PM you or use flashchat at the moment.

Thank You

I suggest you spam more...

Anyway, MP... sent...

Don't bother replying... you can't atm...

xROTx

PS. Infact... once I send you a PM you.... it'd be nice not to get a PM in reply... The "Thanks".. or "It worked" PM's are crapping out my inbox...

EDIT. SERIOUSLY... I can have 1000 PM's stored... I try to keep it under 10.. SO STOP REPLYING!

Rot
03-01-2017, 01:10 AM
OH... very quickly...

Benjidudes issue is resolved... err... nothing wrong with the file...

It seems some people aren't awesome IT literate... Now THAT'S something i can't help you with...

xROTx

lachlan
03-01-2017, 05:37 AM
Just turn it off and on again.

Rot
03-01-2017, 05:39 AM
Just turn it off and on again.

CRTL + ALT + DEL... that BIATCHE!!!!

xROTx

lachlan
03-01-2017, 06:45 AM
CRTL + ALT + DEL... that BIATCHE!!!!

xROTx

We call these issues a 'PEBKAC' which means Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair. Or the simpler id10t error

TotalMoop
03-01-2017, 06:48 AM
We call these issues a 'PEBKAC' which means Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair. Or the simpler id10t error

Or a PICNIC, Problem In Chair, Not In Computer
Or maybe Computer User Needs Training.. (Figure it out)

neosd
03-01-2017, 08:16 AM
Or a PICNIC, Problem In Chair, Not In Computer
Or maybe Computer User Needs Training.. (Figure it out)

Dear car dealer,

I bought this car from you. Unfortunally i canīt drive it.

My car is useless until i can drive it. Any sugestion ?

lachlan
03-01-2017, 08:22 AM
Thats a PEBSASW, problem exists between seat and steering wheel

benjiedude
03-01-2017, 08:37 AM
Yes...yes. it took me two days to figure it out but I got it. It really just seems like the first download was corrupted or incomplete. I don't really care, the thing works. Sorry for the extra PM Rot...The world revolves around me and I forget sometimes that admins have other stuff to deal with.

Rot
03-01-2017, 08:38 AM
Yes...yes. it took me two days to figure it out but I got it. It really just seems like the first download was corrupted or incomplete. I don't really care, the thing works. Sorry for the extra PM Rot...The world revolves around me and I forget sometimes that admins have other stuff to deal with.

The LAST person to PM me 4 times in 2 days is currently merged with Dion... perma...

My sig isn't just for show...

xROTx

neosd
03-01-2017, 08:52 AM
The LAST person to PM me 4 times in 2 days is currently merged with Dion... perma...

xROTx

Guy buys NEOSD on 17.02.17
On 18/2/17 sends an email asking when he will be able to log into downloads area. We answer him
On 18/2/17 sends a seccond email asking when his order is going to be shipped. We answer him : : we donīt know, we are shipping by purchase order.
On 18/2/17 sends a third email asking if this is a matter of days or months, we answer him : its a matter of days/weeks
On 25/2/17 sends an email trying to cheat on us to get his order shipped before others. It dosenīt works ....
On 01/3/17 sends another email asking when his order is going to be shipped. He is not going to get an answer, sorry.

So Rot, you only got 4 pms ;)
We got 5 emails about the same thing from a guy that has been waiting 12 days for his NEOSD to get shipped.

In the meanwile we keep working on the few issues we still have open.

Thanks to GadgetUK for the betatesting, he is pretty good finding flaws ;)

lachlan
03-01-2017, 08:57 AM
Aah! The truth comes out, looks like we dont just have pebkac but a full blown idiot!

thermaltreasure
03-01-2017, 09:30 AM
Literally just delivered to my house, feels like it's been sat in a frigid depot all day :keke:. A massive thank you to the NeoSD team for all their hard work and support and a big sod off to the impatient. Off to buy a memory card.

Montatez
03-01-2017, 10:24 AM
Aah! The truth comes out, looks like we dont just have pebkac but a full blown idiot!

LMAO! :keke:

benjiedude
03-01-2017, 11:24 AM

xROTx

So wait...Am I officially shunned? I tried chat but the guys said you were sleeping. We're on opposite schedules it seems.

nio
03-01-2017, 12:24 PM
And recommendations for a snapfit case and inley?

Neoculture
03-01-2017, 01:13 PM
@Rot

Hello,

I'm embarrased and somewhat apprehensive to ask, but due to my lameness
and overall n00bness, I'm unable to make that one important PM to you, could I please have the p.word to the bunch of good stuff
you mentioned in post 44(I think it was)?

Thanks in advance, I'm confident it works perfect :)

Rot
03-01-2017, 01:18 PM
@Rot

Hello,

I'm embarrased and somewhat apprehensive to ask, but due to my lameness
and overall n00bness, I'm unable to make that one important PM to you, could I please have the p.word to the bunch of good stuff
you mentioned in post 44(I think it was)?

Thanks in advance, I'm confident it works perfect :)

Done...

xROTx

PS. Have ANY of you n00bs ever consider spamming more?... It just makes more sense to me...

benjiedude
03-01-2017, 02:48 PM
Done...

xROTx

PS. Have ANY of you n00bs ever consider spamming more?... It just makes more sense to me...

Yup...Pretty much what I was expecting to happen. Lmao.

Rot
03-01-2017, 02:52 PM
So wait...Am I officially shunned? I tried chat but the guys said you were sleeping. We're on opposite schedules it seems.

I'm helping Neosd out... otherwise.. PM'ing me usually happens to be a bad idea...

Yup...Pretty much what I was expecting to happen. Lmao.

We've had an influx of new registrations... some good... some bad...

They need to read more and work out how NG.com works...

Gyrian
03-01-2017, 09:26 PM
UPS took a slight detour on its way to me, but here we are!

http://imgur.com/hTyBIsl.jpg

The NeoSD team absolutely deserve the praise. It's easily exceeded my expectations. The first time setup was super smooth and faster than I thought it would be, having made zero prep before I went over to pick up neobuilder. Fantastic job, guys! Looking forward to trying out more of the library.

Offreenday
03-02-2017, 05:42 AM

The NeoSD team absolutely deserve the praise. It's easily exceeded my expectations. The first time setup was super smooth and faster than I thought it would be, having made zero prep before I went over to pick up neobuilder. Fantastic job, guys! Looking forward to trying out more of the library.

Nice pics, i already bought a kingston microSD and installed all .neo roms , just waiting for my confirmation shipping email from neosdstore (order the 14th february), i'm so excited to test it :multi_co:

gtmartini
03-02-2017, 10:00 AM
Coincidentally I saw this video this weekend, it is really nice they made a NEOSD, it is cheaper than many games. I have for the Sega Genesis, SNES, BGC, 3DS and N64. This is really cool.

FikNaldo
03-03-2017, 07:44 AM
Just got shipping notification! :) I think my heart is about to stop! I'm so very pant-wettingly excited!

lachlan
03-04-2017, 05:56 AM
Received my MVS version of the NEOSD a week ago but was away on business. Got back yesterday and bought an SD card and loaded the roms, TIME TO TEST THIS THING OUT!! Thanks NEOSD, you guys have been great and the shipping was very quick to Australia. Perfect!

RAZO
03-04-2017, 06:40 AM

That label looks great. Is that the one that comes with the NeoSd or is it custom?

Rot
03-04-2017, 06:41 AM
That label looks great. Is that the one that comes with the NeoSd or is it custom?

It's the Neosd stock label pal..

xROTx

lachlan
03-05-2017, 06:23 AM
Set up my 1FS today and figured out the right way to insert the cartridge, great time to be alive.

It seems odd to me to have the label facing upwards, on a 1C that would mean the label faces away from you but it doesn't according to Yodd's pictures. Are the horizontal cartridge slots different? seems strange or the wine is having an effect here....

greatfunky
03-05-2017, 06:56 AM
Set up my 1FS today and figured out the right way to insert the cartridge, great time to be alive.

It seems odd to me to have the label facing upwards, on a 1C that would mean the label faces away from you but it doesn't according to Yodd's pictures. Are the horizontal cartridge slots different? seems strange or the wine is having an effect here....

On the neosd mvs , the insertion arrow is on the opposite side of the sticker on the shell .

neosd
03-05-2017, 01:01 PM
On the neosd mvs , the insertion arrow is on the opposite side of the sticker on the shell .

Hello,

SNK never planed to have front or back for MVS, so yes, 1slot boards have the sticker looking to the back of the board (asuming the front is the jamma connector, cause you can move the board so the jamma connector is on the back ....)

Thanks

Black_Tiger
03-05-2017, 03:21 PM
Does that mean that the neosd shell will be backwards in an Omega?

Niko
03-05-2017, 04:48 PM

Yes

Gummy Bear
03-05-2017, 05:59 PM
Yes

Ah...

Time to find a boot on ebay and make my own case then.

daithidownunder
03-05-2017, 08:14 PM
Yes

I never realised this. Not that I have an Omega, but this would really bother me if I did. I would imagine it will also be an issue for anyone with a CMVS that has a vertical slot. It seems a pity not to be able to use the nice case and sticker and resort back to a standard shell.

Could someone post a picture of the NeoSD in either an omega or a CMVS MV-1C?

Gummy Bear
03-06-2017, 01:53 AM
The orientation is the opposite of every other MVS cart.
So anyone with an Omega, Analog, JNX or similar will have to make use of a mirror to see the label :crying:

At least it'll give Darksoft something to giggle about.

neosd
03-06-2017, 03:05 AM
I never realised this. Not that I have an Omega, but this would really bother me if I did. I would imagine it will also be an issue for anyone with a CMVS that has a vertical slot. It seems a pity not to be able to use the nice case and sticker and resort back to a standard shell.

Could someone post a picture of the NeoSD in either an omega or a CMVS MV-1C?

Hello,

An issue would be to have the sticker looking back on 1 slot horizontal boards, there are much more than vertical 1 slots.
Omega is not a licensed product and is a limited product, not that we took this decision cause that, but there wasnīt another way, the shell is already MVS and AES.

Thanks

daithidownunder
03-06-2017, 03:34 AM
Hello,

An issue would be to have the sticker looking back on 1 slot horizontal boards, there are much more than vertical 1 slots.
Omega is not a licensed product and is a limited product, not that we took this decision cause that, but there wasnīt another way, the shell is already MVS and AES.

Thanks
I don't mean to be negative but..

I'm not sure I see the sense in that to be honest other than to save $$ on the tooling, and not having to have two completely different shells.
A normal MVS label would be readable and the correct orientation when placed into a vertical slot board or a horizontal slot. So I can't understand why you decided to reverse it for the NeoSD MVS shells. Especially when you went to so much effort designing a nice label.
There are a lot of cmvs, omega, jnx, neotropolis owners which this will affect. It would also be the same for a horizontal board user as the label would be facing down. It wouldn't bother me in my MVS cabinet of course bit I can see how it would be in issue for anyone with a 1 slot.

Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk

massimiliano
03-06-2017, 03:46 AM
It would also be the same for a horizontal board user as the label would be facing down. It wouldn't bother me in my Mvs cabinet of course bit I can see how it would be in issue for anyone with a 1 slot.

with horizontal single slot the label would face up, so I guess neosd logic is that the label orientation makes sense for the majority of the boards out there. (Personally I'm not a big fan of AES-like shells in an MVS context anyway)

daithidownunder
03-06-2017, 03:55 AM
with horizontal single slot the label would face up, so I guess neosd logic is that the label orientation makes sense for the majority of the boards out there. (Personally I'm not a big fan of AES-like shells in an MVS context anyway)

Hi Massimiliano,

I agree with the AES style shell in an MVS so I'm with you on that. but how terrible would an aes style cart look in any vertical slot board with its back to you?. I'd rather have a normal MVS cart and label, at least the lettering is facing the correct way and readable. One man's meat is another man's poison I guess, but personally I think this may have been a mistake.
The NeoSD is a great product of course so I'm not for one second trying to take anything away from that. I just know how important the aesthetics are to people.

neosd
03-06-2017, 04:00 AM
I don't mean to be negative but..

I'm not sure I see the sense in that to be honest other than to save $$ on the tooling, and not having to have two completely different shells.
A normal MVS label would be readable and the correct orientation when placed into a vertical slot board or a horizontal slot. So I can't understand why you decided to reverse it for the NeoSD MVS shells. Especially when you went to so much effort designing a nice label.
There are a lot of cmvs, omega, jnx, neotropolis owners which this will affect. It would also be the same for a horizontal board user as the label would be facing down. It wouldn't bother me in my MVS cabinet of course bit I can see how it would be in issue for anyone with a 1 slot.

This would rise the project costs in 10.000 euros.

You would need to sell 1.000 shells at 10 euros each, or 100 shells at 100 euros each.
Do we have 100 Omega customers ?
Would those customers pay 100 euros extra for the shell ?

Do your maths and take your conclusions, but hey, its easy to speak when its not your investment .

Thanks

lachlan
03-06-2017, 04:52 AM
I'd just like to say that I am not bothered by it but I thought it was worth a mention. :keke: Some sure are concerned!

daithidownunder
03-06-2017, 05:28 AM

You would need to sell 1.000 shells at 10 euros each, or 100 shells at 100 euros each.

Do your maths and take your conclusions, but hey, its easy to speak when its not your investment .

Thanks
Hey I get your point completely regarding costs NeoSD, but the idea of these forums is that we discuss these things openly. It will bother some users and others won't care.

Gummy Bear
03-06-2017, 05:29 AM

Thanks

It's not just the Omega, the majority of consolized units that are made today use the 1C board.
Nobody is trying to disparage your work, dude.
The NEOSD is a phenomenal achievement.
This has just taken people by surprise I think.

I wonder if the shells can be user modified to face the other way?

daithidownunder
03-06-2017, 05:35 AM
It's not just the Omega, the majority of consolized units that are made today use the 1C board.
Nobody is trying to disparage your work, dude.
The NEOSD is a phenomenal achievement.
This has just taken people by surprise I think.

I wonder if the shells can be user modified to face the other way?
Which was exactly my point. Almost all cmvs users will have this issue.

neosd
03-06-2017, 05:36 AM
Hey I get your point completely regarding costs NeoSD, but the idea of these forums is that we discuss these things openly. It will bother some users and others won't care.

Yes,

And i am explaining open WHY, thats much more than others would do.

I understand that people loves to criticize, most of the times without a clue about what they are talking about.

Let me tell you that with other words : blame SNK for not ever consider they would do carts with front labels so they didnīt care to swap the logical order betwen horizontal and vertiral MVS boards. Or blame OMEGA manufactured to not produce a connector that would swap the direction on the connector so carts with front labels would be pointed on the same direction as horizontal MVS boards do.

Critics will allways criticize, customers deserve an explanation about WHY. We care about customers.

Thanks

GadgetUK
03-06-2017, 05:50 AM
Yes,

I understand that people loves to criticize, most of the times without a clue about what they are talking about.

Let me tell you that with other words : blame SNK for not ever consider they would do carts with front labels so they didnīt care to swap the logical order betwen horizontal and vertiral MVS boards. Or blame OMEGA manufactured to not produce a connector that would swap the direction on the connector so carts with front labels would be pointed on the same direction as horizontal MVS boards do.

Critics will allways criticize, customers deserve an explanation about WHY. We care about customers.

Thanks

Don't let it stress you! You cannot win either way - if you put the label the other way around then other people would complain that on their system its upside down. "It's just a label people - it's so you can identify what the cart is before you put it in the system, and once its in the system - even upside down in some systems, you can tell what it is, so who cares honestly". What next? Multiple label orientation options? Then people will complain their cart is not as sought after because their label is the least common orientation...

greatfunky
03-06-2017, 05:54 AM
Yes,

Thanks

Your choice is very understandable and logical neosd and for unsatified peoples with the shell shape or orientation , still remain the solution of the low cost mvs cart shell donor .

daithidownunder
03-06-2017, 06:04 AM
Yes,

Thanks
I don't think there's a need to get too worked up over it NeoSD. We're just discussing things here and not attacking you or the product, which people love. A simple critique shouldn't be taken in such an irate fashion.

Pinball
03-06-2017, 06:10 AM
I'd like to access these files, as just bought the AES and MVS NeoSDs. Rot, please could you PM me the password? For some reason I don't appear to be allowed to send PMs on this forum, which is lame. Anyway, thanks!

Gummy Bear
03-06-2017, 06:14 AM
...which is lame.

It's because this is your first post since you joined 5 years ago, man.
Your lurk is strong!

Pinball
03-06-2017, 11:34 AM
Well actually I've mostly been on pinside and other pinball forums, but I take your point!

How can I activate PM facility? Not having it is as lame as my inability to post.. and certainly doesn't encourage me to bother. But thanks for your friendly reply.

Pinball
03-06-2017, 12:15 PM
Anyway, I ordered both the AES and MVS carts, and like others have reported, my c/cards were rejected. However, after calling one card provider then ordering, all was fine. Really looking forward to this :-)

Niko
03-06-2017, 12:17 PM
Well actually I've mostly been on pinside and other pinball forums, but I take your point!

How can I activate PM facility? Not having it is as lame as my inability to post.. and certainly doesn't encourage me to bother. But thanks for your friendly reply.

PMing is a feature for active members. You can activate the PM feature by interacting on the forum.

yoshi41
03-06-2017, 12:39 PM
No. At least not on my Omega. Label is on front side.

Gummy Bear
03-06-2017, 01:07 PM
Hahaha!
What's going on?! :tickled::conf:

neosd
03-06-2017, 01:18 PM

Now i understand why only non OMEGA owners were complaining about that ...

massimiliano
03-06-2017, 01:57 PM
Now i understand why only non OMEGA owners were complaining about that ...
P0wn3d... /thread

Black_Tiger
03-06-2017, 02:05 PM
Wow, I hope that's the case, but MVS carts go in the Omega slot arrow facing front. Is it only the arrow on the neosd board that faces the opposite direction or something?

nornor1
03-06-2017, 02:06 PM
"Backwards Label Gate"? Yeah this doesnt bother me at all. Im not looking at the label while im playing :). I dont think NeoSD should have to Kiss any ones ass. the team has been cool this whole time. most companies wouldnt care after they got their $$$. @NeoSD keep doing what you are doing, Providing awesome support, improving your product. thanks.

Rot
03-06-2017, 02:22 PM
Whinge... complain... blah de blah...

If you guys had a real valid issue... like "SHIT... it's not working..."... i'd get upset...

However, at the moment... I'm not overly impressed with the "Z'omg... it's the wrong way... I must stare at it while i'm playing a game..."... which i may hasten to add is not Neosd's fault that someone built the CMVS that way...

Next person who I feel is boring the fuck out of me.. will understand a few things or two about why my attention span is so short...

xROTx

donomans
03-06-2017, 02:24 PM

That's weird, it's definitely backwards on my Omega.

Ultimately doesn't matter to me, but this is odd?

nio
03-06-2017, 02:27 PM
When I put my cart in my free shell I did it wrong, the girst time. The label was facing down in the one slot. So i inserted the cart the other way inside the case and now the label faces upwards ... everything inside the shell is modular.

what am i missing?

Rot
03-06-2017, 02:30 PM
That's weird, it's definitely backwards on my Omega.

Ultimately doesn't matter to me, but this is odd?

Yeah... that's how I feel about a LOT of the complaining fooks atm...

Load times... Cosmetics shitz... It's beginning to become an unsatisfactory way to treat Neosd and his team... who have bent over backwards to accomodate you guys...

IF the device did not do what it said on the tin which was... "Play the Neo Library perfectly..."... then I'd be the first to step in and say something...

HOWEVER, most of this stuff is cosmetic... and well.. boring me...

If I get bored enough... some of you guys will start hitting my radar.... and that's prob not the best place to spend your time here....

Ask around... read up... whatever... I don't make idle threats... never did...

xROTx

nio
03-06-2017, 02:34 PM
As I said you can easily flip the cart inside the shell ...

Rot
03-06-2017, 02:40 PM

Good boy...

xROTx

PS. I know Neosd and his team are getting a bit annoyed with what I would suggest is "cosmetic" issues... and this leads me to get annoyed...

I have NO vested interests in this device beside the fact that it's a cool thingy... BUT... I also don't want our homebrew people pissed off as long as they play ball with you guys... within reason...

THIS is why I will NOT sanction any mention of Ng.dev's romz EVER being mentioned (with a view to dumping) without their permission...

neosd
03-06-2017, 02:57 PM

Sucess by acident, thats sucess aswel,
Just reminds me posit at 3M :)

donomans
03-06-2017, 04:09 PM
Sucess by acident, thats sucess aswel,
Just reminds me posit at 3M :)

I think most successful people will admit success by accident happens more often than you hope!

I can confirm that you can flip the cart inside. Just tried it and now my cart is facing the right way in my Omega. So there's nothing to even discuss, it appears.

daithidownunder
03-06-2017, 04:54 PM
I think most successful people will admit success by accident happens more often than you hope!

I can confirm that you can flip the cart inside. Just tried it and now my cart is facing the right way in my Omega. So there's nothing to even discuss, it appears.
Excellent news 😁

Pinball
03-06-2017, 06:08 PM
Done! :-)

wyo
03-06-2017, 06:17 PM
Neosd must have the patience of a saint to deal with Neo Geo collectors.

Sceptre_JLRB
03-06-2017, 07:51 PM
:eek::eek::eek:

This topsy-turvy NeoSD cart sticker issue with such a quite easy solution is a good instance of the so-called:

---Spanish cachondeo---

:lolz:

leonk
03-07-2017, 12:09 AM
anyone else noticed that when neosd writes the games a whine noise is heard through the speakers? Using xrb mini with neongeo aes. no big deal.

daithidownunder
03-07-2017, 12:56 AM
Neosd must have the patience of a saint to deal with Neo Geo collectors.
This is very true :)

nio
03-07-2017, 01:22 AM
Ha, so I finally contributed something good to the forum. :-)

The funny thing:,When I built my neosd together it was facing down and a felt "hmmm". I actually wrote a post about it. Then I saw the sd slot is on both sides of the case, opened it up again and turned it arround. I liked thatcaes is on one side and mvs on the other. then i edited my post. did not realize that everybody else had the same issue. i thought its just me. :-)

So I can be demanding again, where can I buy a snap case + inley for th neosd?

Gummy Bear
03-07-2017, 01:30 AM
anyone else noticed that when neosd writes the games a whine noise is heard through the speakers? Using xrb mini with neongeo aes. no big deal.

Yeah that was mentioned a while ago.
Mine does it too.
I think it's normal. Yours isn't broken :)

sparksterz
03-07-2017, 09:08 AM
Yeah that was mentioned a while ago.
Mine does it too.
I think it's normal. Yours isn't broken :)

Many other flash carts do the same thing. I suspect due to the additional power draw it is using while copying the game to memory causes some slight interference.

Pinball
03-07-2017, 04:53 PM
Is it the same neo roms that go on the MVS and AES carts, or is there a different set for each?

Judge Dredd
03-07-2017, 06:21 PM

SHITPOSTING REPLIES TO GET UNRESTRICTED IS A LOSING STRATEGY FOR YOU.

Gummy Bear
03-08-2017, 03:28 AM
Is it the same neo roms that go on the MVS and AES carts, or is there a different set for each?

Same set for both.

Pinball
03-08-2017, 04:07 PM
Fair enough :-) Rot ripped me a new one too BTW.

Re your avatar, I have the Judge Dredd pinball machine, and it is awesome.

Back on-topic, I'm expecting the AES and MVS NeoSDs to arrive on Friday, and am really excited, in a way that I haven't been since buying a 6-slot NeoGeo Big Red cab in 1994 :-)

Friends?

Pinball
03-08-2017, 04:09 PM
Same set for both.
Great news!

Rot
03-08-2017, 04:10 PM
Fair enough :-) Rot ripped me a new one too BTW.

Great news!

I'd advise staying in chat for a while... it's semi-safe there...

xROTx

PS. Learn to multi-quote mofo...

ShootTheCore
03-08-2017, 06:48 PM
So I can be demanding again, where can I buy a snap case + inley for th neosd?

You can order a snap case from the Neo Store right here at neo-geo.com:
http://www.neostore.com/New-style-clasp-case-snap-lock-for-AES-cartridge-p/1361.htm

You're on your own for an insert AFAIK.

manic23
03-09-2017, 02:51 AM
Just regarding the NeoSD MVS in an Omega, someone asked to post a pic. I am a little confused here, I managed (with some faffing about) to get my board in the shell that was sent with the label facing front. I am guessing now that I must have put it in the wrong way round, but it fits, works and the SD card is accessible OK.

Here is a pic as proof!

adsa1971
03-09-2017, 03:15 AM
So. My order turned up yesterday, and after cuddles and kisses with the package for half an hour I opened it. Wow! I got a case :D. So happy at that point, but still had to get the package home to the MVS. Pop in the Sandisk and away we go. I can only tell you that I am overly impressed. The firmware feels rock solid and has the air of being in constant development for a few years. In other words not flakey. Games start and stop with the only issue being me pressing the right buttons at the right time to get back to the menu. Whomever complains about load times is complaining about fek all. A few minutes wait. Bah! When a cart and team of this magnitude develop such a product, then we need to congratulate and encourage others who can do the same without spewing vapourware. Well done.

Thank you so much Terraonion for making this happen. The price is insignificant compared to happiness given, and I dont part with money easily....

daithidownunder
03-09-2017, 05:25 AM
Just regarding the NeoSD MVS in an Omega, someone asked to post a pic. I am a little confused here, I managed (with some faffing about) to get my board in the shell that was sent with the label facing front. I am guessing now that I must have put it in the wrong way round, but it fits, works and the SD card is accessible OK.

Here is a pic as proof!

Looks great, thanks for posting the picture!

remowilliams
03-09-2017, 12:57 PM
Here is a pic as proof!

Thanks for the pic it helped me realize that my new NeoSD was 'backwards' in it's case...

Pinball
03-09-2017, 05:06 PM
I should be receiving NeoSD tomorrow :-)

Do you need special software to add the ROMs? What folder on the SD card do they go in?

lachlan
03-09-2017, 08:15 PM
I should be receiving NeoSD tomorrow :-)

Do you need special software to add the ROMs? What folder on the SD card do they go in?

There's a guide that comes with it. Read it.

Gatchaman
03-09-2017, 09:40 PM
Any chance of a Neosd marquee for those of us on mvs? Sorry if this has been answered already. I promise I did a search. Please don't hurt me ROT!!

ckchan
03-10-2017, 01:20 AM
Will the neo builder support EGHT hack version in the coming future?

xsq
03-10-2017, 02:22 AM
So, I woke up this morning and realized I intended to answer to a post in here... 3 months ago. Something might be wrong with me.

Just a little bit issue, maybe not related at all with NeoSD.

Nightmare in the Dark. On the NeoSD, the sound fxs when the character jumps and drops on the ground seems to slightly crackle, what is also present with ROMs from different sources. This occurs more prominently when played on MAME, NeoRage and, even more, in the 161-in-1 multicarts. Searching for it on YouTube, there seems to be some videos where the problem is not present:

* No jump/drop sound fx crackling: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0jmt37EzFY&t=319s

* Jump/drop sound fx crackling: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4vFz_Iqo0U

The question is: Is this crackle sound present in the original game, or is it just a bad dumped ROM (in the same way that of SSVS with its "Basara" pop is)?
It's present on my legit MVS cart as well... NeoSD is awesome.

Carry on.

Sceptre_JLRB
03-10-2017, 04:49 AM
So, I woke up this morning and realized I intended to answer to a post in here... 3 months ago. Something might be wrong with me.

It's present on my legit MVS cart as well... NeoSD is awesome.

Carry on.

Thank you very much for shedding light on this! :) I thought it'd remain as a mystery...

Yes, certainly the NeoSD is so awesome it has helped unravel defects in original games on their legit carts, as showed here or with some sound crackles on Metal Slug 5, and even 'natural graphical glitches' as discovered with Pulstar and its 'screen rectangle displacement' at Stage Select screen. A similar situation is found on another game, Bakatonosama Mahjong Manyuki, where sometimes there is a 'screen vertical bar missing' at title screen. Great if anyone could verify this on legit cart for this not-so-common title.

Razoola
03-10-2017, 05:02 AM
Thank you very much for shedding light on this! :) I thought it'd remain as a mystery...

Yes, certainly the NeoSD is so awesome it has helped unravel defects in original games on their legit carts, as showed here or with some sound crackles on Metal Slug 5, and even 'natural graphical glitches' as discovered with Pulstar and its 'screen rectangle displacement' at Stage Select screen. A similar situation is found on another game, Bakatonosama Mahjong Manyuki, where sometimes there is a 'screen vertical bar missing' at title screen. Great if anyone could verify this on legit cart for this not-so-common title.

Can you post a picture of the issue.

xelasoma
03-10-2017, 06:56 AM
Will the NEOSD interfere in any way with existing modifications to an AES console such as 60Hz switches or UniBIOS installations?

Razoola
03-10-2017, 07:07 AM
Will the NEOSD interfere in any way with existing modifications to an AES console such as 60Hz switches or UniBIOS installations?

It should work totally with the unibios (I guess there would be reports already if it never). I suspect it will be totally fine on 60hz AES given thats the normal MVS spec but there might be an outside chance of issues on PAL AES systems. I suspect however neosd and neodev have already factored that in before they released it on AES so it should be fine also. Does anyone want to keep an AES running at 50hz though, I'm not so sure.

Sceptre_JLRB
03-10-2017, 08:26 AM
Can you post a picture of the issue.

A couple of comparative pics showing the 'vertical bar' glitch at the intro on Bakatonosama Mahjong Manyuuki. It appears about once out of five times the intro is run, and only when the first geisha appears. The vertical bar seems to show the title screen, which would be 'behind the scene'. The glitch also occurs in NeoRAGE X emulator, but not in MAME (as far as I can remember). It is persistent even with .neo files from different sources.

Correct screen:

Glitched screen:

- Set-up: Consolized Neo-Geo MVS MV-1F with UniBIOS 3.2 Free, Arcade mode, USA region, RGB video input
- NeoSD-MVS firmware version: MCU 1.05 R05; 68K 1.03; Prog 1D2F; Cha BDC4

Razoola
03-10-2017, 09:36 AM
I have no idea on whats causing that issue to happen (vram corruptiion), I never seen it before in this game. Try making sure you are in Japan region and see if that makes a difference.

Jedah Doma
03-10-2017, 11:17 AM
Checked the store page and it said they were sold out. :(

Sceptre_JLRB
03-10-2017, 11:57 AM
I have no idea on whats causing that issue to happen (vram corruptiion), I never seen it before in this game. Try making sure you are in Japan region and see if that makes a difference.

Confirmed: The glitch only occurs in USA region - Arcade mode. I haven't seen it in the rest of possible combinations. I wonder if the putative VRAM corruption might be due to the 'Winners don't use drugs' screen, as it is the only difference when the game is run in MVS-USA mode.

neosd
03-10-2017, 12:19 PM
Checked the store page and it said they were sold out. :(

Hello,

We have stock of both MVS and AES.

Just checked the webshop and everything is ok there ....

Thanks

gamerwhat
03-10-2017, 01:22 PM
Confirmed: The glitch only occurs in USA region - Arcade mode. I haven't seen it in the rest of possible combinations. I wonder if the putative VRAM corruption might be due to the 'Winners don't use drugs' screen, as it is the only difference when the game is run in MVS-USA mode.

Not sure but on your pic there's no credit display on the left, which is supposed to be there in USA region.

Razoola
03-10-2017, 02:37 PM
Credit display is handled by the game and not the bios and this game was never released in USA.

Jedah Doma
03-10-2017, 03:27 PM
Hello,

We have stock of both MVS and AES.

Just checked the webshop and everything is ok there ....

Thanks

I must have visited the wrong page in error. My bad. Do you have a working link? Thanks so much.

Sceptre_JLRB
03-10-2017, 03:38 PM
Not sure but on your pic there's no credit display on the left, which is supposed to be there in USA region.

As Razoola says, this game lacks the left credit display and only has the right one, a distinctive feature of both JAP/EUR regions, since it was a Japan-only release and seems not to be 'fully ready' to be run in USA region. My guess is that this is the main reason for the aforementioned glitch, maybe due to the forced introduction of the 'Winners don't use drugs' screen characteristic of such region.

neosd
03-10-2017, 03:58 PM
I must have visited the wrong page in error. My bad. Do you have a working link? Thanks so much.

https://www.neosdstore.com/shop/index.php?id_product=11&controller=product&id_lang=3

fustylad
03-12-2017, 04:22 PM
I just wanted to pop in and say thank you to Neo SD team, Razoola, Rot and everyone in the community for all of your hard work and support in making this a success. I just ordered one and I am very excited to try it out!

FikNaldo
03-14-2017, 04:17 AM
I just wanted to pop in and say thank you to Neo SD team, Razoola, Rot and everyone in the community for all of your hard work and support in making this a success. I just ordered one and I am very excited to try it out!

I'd like to offer the same thanks - got my cart the other day, and it's amazing!
I had a little issue with speckles - but contacted support and despite how busy they are I got an updated firmware very quickly which fixed the problem.

Thanks guys!

OGHUGO
03-14-2017, 11:28 AM
So I received my NeoSD cart about a week and a half ago and the cart works well however when taking it out of the package it had a hole in it at first I did now know if it was an actual hole since it had sticker residue from the label but after taking that little piece of label that was hanging sure enough was a hole and apparently went through from the front to the back. I quickly contacted NEOSD store only to get accused of doing this myself. The guy I have been emailing back and forth claimed that he packed all of them himself. I said "why would I do this to my own cart" As I have been waiting a very long time for something like this. The package does not have a hole in it like the cart shell does so I do not know how the hole got there. My suspicion is that either was packed this way and the guy who packed did not notice or something happened in customs as this was held for 2 days there. I am trying to work this out with NEOSD but they claim they are contacting USP for answers. All I can say is if anyone has had the same problem please voice it here as other people need to know.. They could get a perfectly working one with no defects or get one that works fine but with cosmetic issues like I did. Last email I sent I just offered to pay for a new shell as this is getting ridiculous.

neosd
03-14-2017, 11:58 AM
So I received my NeoSD cart about a week and a half ago and the cart works well however when taking it out of the package it had a hole in it at first I did now know if it was an actual hole since it had sticker residue from the label but after taking that little piece of label that was hanging sure enough was a hole and apparently went through from the front to the back. I quickly contacted NEOSD store only to get accused of doing this myself. The guy I have been emailing back and forth claimed that he packed all of them himself. I said "why would I do this to my own cart" As I have been waiting a very long time for something like this. The package does not have a hole in it like the cart shell does so I do not know how the hole got there. My suspicion is that either was packed this way and the guy who packed did not notice or something happened in customs as this was held for 2 days there. I am trying to work this out with NEOSD but they claim they are contacting USP for answers. All I can say is if anyone has had the same problem please voice it here as other people need to know.. They could get a perfectly working one with no defects or get one that works fine but with cosmetic issues like I did. Last email I sent I just offered to pay for a new shell as this is getting ridiculous.

Quoted to avoid he edits his post while i prepare the answer

Thanks

On 28/2/17 14:58 Mr OGHUGO sent us an email (i answered all his emails) claiming his neosd arrived with a hole (his details will be hidden to protect his ident.

Thank you I have received the unit but there is a problem with the casing.
it seems to be some kind of hole or issue with the case and label.
here is a pic of the cart..

I would like to see if I can get a replacement shell and sticker for this.. atleast for the front one. the back seems to be fine.
Also do you guys have different color shells?

Cart seems to be working just fine but i don't like that ugly blemish for something that cost so much i would like it fixed..

Let me know, thanks.

XXX XXX

15 minutes latter, on 28/2/17 15:03 i answered his email asking if the pacage was damaged

Hello XXX,

Was the packing damanged ? Are you sure about the shell is damaged aswel or is it only the sticker ?

Thanks

10 minutes after my email, he answered with another email at 28/2/17 15:13

Thank you for the quick reply.. I don't believe the package was not damaged in shipping, however when I shake it I can hear something loose inside. the box was a bit crushed but the pic I sent does nto seem to have happened during shipping it seems that it is a manufacturing defect..
it seems like the actual casing has a hole on it cause I can see the inside of it.
Here are pics of the cardboard box.

At this stage i had my serious doubts about what happed there. So i started discussing with other team members about what could have caused the hole.

We had a crazy idea about what could have caused that, consisting in a bubble air betwen the sticker and the shell that could have damaged it with a preasure change on the plane (crazy, but it was the only thing we could think about)

So i anwered him that on 28/2/17 15:24:

Hello XXX,

This is something we have to research, so we need that you ship it back to us.

We need to determine what caused the hole there, as the plastic is strong and i can tell you the hole was not there when we put the sticker on it. I can just tell you that cause i muyself put every sticker on every NEOSD, so i know there were no shells with holes or i would have sent the shell back to the factory.

We will send this shell back to the factory so they can analize it and determine the cause of the hole.

Anyways, donīt worry, you will get a replacement shell on your NEOSD as soon as it arrives here.

Thanks

He answered 11 minutes after, at 28/2/17 15:35

Yeah the thing is how long is this going to take..?
and will you pay for the return shipping back?

also i took off the little piece of label hanging and there is a hole on it and goes from the front to the back just took a closer look at it..
here are additional pictures..

At this stage our previous idea got discarded and we get a feeling about being cheated.

First thing that took out atention was that the hole in those new pictures was bigger than on the first ones.
Also, looking at the pictures close, this was cleary caused by a driller, cause the direction of the drilling marks

Our resources are really limited and we donīt want to send testing/packing to 3rd parties to ensure every customer gets a working unit, so if someone cames with a function claim, we know for sure the board was shipped working, so we can rule out others fault.

I myself do all the mounting/testing/shipping/process, there is no anyone else doing that.

This is how shells came from factory in boxes

So the process to ship a NEOSD is :

I pick a shell, put the boards inside, put the screws, put the sticker and ship the order to the customer

So basically its impossible that we ship a neosd with a driller hole for a lot of reasons :

1 - there are two shell boxes, one for front shell and another one for the back shell. It would be impossible to pick two parts with a driller hole on the same position for both parts

2 - this driller hole was cleary done after the whole sell was mounted and the sticker was put there.

3 - i myself donīt have a driller or something like that here, but Mr OGHUGO has one for sure, looking at the pictures he sent us :

just check this picture he sent me

So at this stage we were totally sure he was cheating on us, even that we decided to ship him a free of charge shell just to not waste more time answering his emails or discussing with him, it costs us much more to answer his emails than ship a replacement shell.

BTW, we still wonder why someone would get a driller and make a hole there, but this is something we will never know about, for sure.

So ....

We sent him an email back asking him for his neosd serial number to ship him a replacement shell as soon as it was possible, we decided that legit customers had priority over such things, time is limited and there are still pending orders as today ...

Hello XXX,

Please, let me know your NEOSD serial, so we can arrange you a replacemente shell on 28/2/17 16:51

Thanks

He answered back on 28/2/17 17:36 with just a picture of his neosd serial number (serial hidden to protect his info)

In the meanwhile we keept packing and shiping orders. Among suffering 2 flus, an Intestinal virus and answering infinite emails about "when are you going to ship my order" and so, 16 hours per day working basic Terraonion thingle ...

So he sent another email on 8/3/17 18:35, just 8 days after we told him he would ship him the shell.

Hi following up on this just wanna see if and when the shell replacement will be sent out.. thanks

On this moment i was pretty tired and decided that as he wont just want to wait until the shell we promissed him arrives i wanted to hear his version about what happened with the shell.

So 1,5 hours after his email, on 8/3/17 20:04 i asked him about the shell again :

Hello Hugo,

Could you please tell me how this :

Became this ? :

I can see plastic arround the hole on the first picture you sent me

But i canīt see it on the seccond picture you sent me

Please, give me a good explanation about what happened there, i am really interested about listen it

Thanks

I was expecting a good answer such as :

hey, i am sorry it was me with the driller, cause the shell felt on the floor or something like that ...

But instead of that he answered that on 8/3/17 20:10

Yes when I first took the picture it was a little piece of the label hanging and it fell off exposing the hole that was behind it.. the hole goes all the way through to the other side I do not know how this got on there as there is no hole on the package and no hole in the cardboard box this was sent this way..

At first I thought it was some kind of like hot glue or something but when the small label price fell off it was a hole that went from one side to the other.

Let me know if you need additional pictures as I would NOT do this to my own cart have been waiting for this for a long time. The cart works fine but just the shell is the one damaged.

Let me know please.

So i decided to tell him that i am not stupid, so i sent him another email on 8/3/17 20:20 :

XXX,

This is plastic, not label.

Also, i want to let you know that i myself put every sticker on the shells and pack the neosds, no one else does that.

So, please, explain me what happened with the shell, cause this damage was clearly done with a driller seeing the directional marks on the hole.

Thanks

He answered at 8/3/17 20:24

Look this is the way I got this unit I DO NOT KNOW WHT HAPPENED as this is how it was when I opened the unit.. this did hit customs and it was there for a few days I do not know if they opened it and did something to it.. I do not appreciate you accusing me or doing anything to this.. if you cannot help me with this I will have to get my credit card company involved in this matter.. as I said the unit works the casing has a hole and yes looks like someone drilled through it.. someone did but not me.. I want a replacement shell as the unit works.. let me know what you want to do next.

So he came with the credit card stuff that got me even more pissed.
I just let you know Mr OGHUGO that we fight all those, no matters if we have to spend 1.000s on this, we take bank wire frauds seriously.

He was sugesting ups caused the damage, so i decided to ask him again about that just to see how he says the damage was caused by UPS

I sent this email on 8/3/17 20:27

Hugo,

I want to know who did it to send you a replacement.

I have no problem on sending a replacement, but i want to know what happened there.

So, your neosd was shipped by UPS it isnīt ? if so, let me call ups to know if the packet was stopped and what happened there.

Thanks

He answered at 8/3/17 20:31

All I want is a replacement case I truthfully do not know how or why or who did this. I was expecting this from ups and I called as it was delayed in customs and they said that it would be delayed until customs released the package.. that took 2 additional days.. then I got it and I emailed you the day after that is what happened not trying to pull one on you guys I like the product it works great just has that hole..

Please let me know if you need additional pics of the packaging or the casing it self just want to get this resolved thanks..

So i decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and call UPS asking if could be possible that someone at customs got a driller and made a hole there (i think i saw some many episodes of this airport show where police does that on bags ....)

I sent him this email on 8/3/17 20:35

Donīt worry

We donīt really have a problem sending a replacement shell, its more about the time to pack it and ship than the cost of the shipment/shell itself.

But we want to know what happened there.

You say the packet was delayed at customs 2 days and this makes sense to me, so please, allow me to contact UPS tomorrow and ask what happened there, i should be able to ship you a replacement at the end of this week or at the begining of next week.

Thanks

he answred back at 8/3/17 20:38

Sounds good like I said I would not purposely do this to my own card and I do want it just need this fixed...

Thanks for ur help.

On 13/3/17 1:44 he sent another email

Hello I was waiting for a follow up on this.
Did you guys get a chance to call ups to ask what happen on this issue ?
As I said I would like to get this resolved let me know if you were able to send a replacement case for me
Thanks

I already had called UPS about that and you guys wondered what UPS said about that ? they laught about me, the sales representative just said : i saw so many things in 20 years working on UPS but never something like that. I forwarded him Mr OGHUGO email with the hole pictures and told the sales representative : i know what happens here, but i just want an answer by email in case this ends in court or somewhere else.

As yesterday i still didntīhave this email from UPS, i answered Mr OGHUGO that :

Hello XXX,

We contacted UPS and we are waiting for an answer, we should get one this week.

Thanks

Mr OGHUGO just answered today at 17:21, it seems he wanted to "post this on forums" to let know others how bad we are

This is ridiculous I understand you don't want to eat up the cost of another shell and shipping however I am getting a bit tired of waiting. If I have to I will pay for the shell replacement. Why would I mess up my own cartridge... this will be posted on the forums for other people to see what they could expect.. either they will get a good one or one with a hole like I did.

I answered him today at 17:24

Hello Hugo,

We will be happy to discuss this on the forums if you want that.

You send an email everyday and i told you a lot of times that i am going to ship you a replacemente shell asap (its planed for this week).

Thanks

So he decided to come here defaming us so i had to stop packing orders and create this post.

In the meanwhile (while i was creating/editing this post), he sent another email at 18:12

Here is the email communications..
Everyday ,?? from the 8th to the 12th is 4 days.. not 1 day not every day.

Look I just want to get this solved. What are we going to do about this?

So what happens now ?

Well, right now i had to stop shipping and i have spent 2 hours on that stuff, i had some packets ready to ship but i canīt go to correos today anymore cause its 19:29 here and its about to close.

So what are we going to do now ?
Ship him a replacement shell

When ?
as soon as possible

When as soon as possible is ?
I hope before the week ends, once we have every order as today shipped.

He offered you to purchase a replacement shell, why didntīyou acepted that ?
Cause he tried to cheat on us and got us tired while doing that.

EDIT :

His first email complaining about the hole came on 28/2/17 14:58

while he got the packet one day after, he took his time to make the drill for sure ...

Rot
03-14-2017, 12:17 PM
I'm only here for the gangbang...

xROTx

OGHUGO
03-14-2017, 12:19 PM
Quoted to avoid he edits his post while i prepare the answer

Thanks

On 28/2/17 14:58 Mr OGHUGO sent us an email (i answered all his emails) claiming his neosd arrived with a hole (his details will be hidden to protect his ident.

15 minutes latter, on 28/2/17 15:03 i answered his email asking if the pacage was damaged

10 minutes after my email, he answered with another email at 28/2/17 15:13

Look we have been going back and forth all I want is to get this resolved if I have to pay for a new shell and label so be it. But something that cost $500 should not have a frigging hole in it. You say I contact you every day.. The last time i contacted you before this yesterday was on the 8th. On the 12th I asked for a follow up. So let me know what we can do to work this out.

Razoola
03-14-2017, 12:40 PM
That looks really strange, I'm just trying to understand what is plastic and what is the label in the damaged area and what could have caused such a thing.

greatfunky
03-14-2017, 01:02 PM
100% confirmed , a hole made by a driller , what a crazy world ....:oh_no:

OGHUGO
03-14-2017, 01:04 PM
That looks really strange, I'm just trying to understand what is plastic and what is the label in the damaged area and what could have caused such a thing.

Yes and this is what I have been trying to explain to NEOSD.. They think I am the one that did this. I have no idea how this was done. As I said I am just looking to resolve this issue if it means buying a new sell. I gave them bunch of pictures and even asked if they needed more to let me know.. This is why I am wondering if anyone else had an issue similar to mines. Could it have been customs that this did ? I do not know as this was held there for 2 days before it was picked up again by ups and shipped to me.. When you cannot explain what happen and the item has some strange hole drilled on the casing with no hole drilled on the box or the bobble envelope it either happen when it was packed, or on the way to me as this is the way I received it.

greatfunky
03-14-2017, 01:12 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1179071/Customs-officers-drill-holes-cricket-bats-sent-Pakistan--check-explosives.html

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2302119

Your opinions guys ?...

Rot
03-14-2017, 01:14 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1179071/Customs-officers-drill-holes-cricket-bats-sent-Pakistan--check-explosives.html

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2302119

Your opinions guys ?...

My opinion... is you live in France....

Next question plz....:keke:

xROTx

greatfunky
03-14-2017, 01:18 PM
My opinion... is you live in France....

Next question plz....:keke:

xROTx
:lolz:

GadgetUK
03-14-2017, 01:21 PM
That's absolutely a drill hole. That's the sort of thing customs sometimes do (in some countries) - but they would mark the package (and it would be obvious it has been opened by customs previously). But yes, clearly drilled imo.

Razoola
03-14-2017, 01:21 PM
I got to jump in here.... And without seeing the cart with my own eyes, here is what I say has happened.

Customs drilled into this item (from the back) to see what is inside given what to them would look like an unneeded space inside as it went through an xray. They are more likely to do this when there is a product seal. The drill went through the back of the shell and then started into the front of the shell but did not make it all the way through (which is why the label looks like it did in first pictures).

I think that is highly unlikly that this person drilled into the shell purposely or even by accident, its far far more likely to be customs.

Montatez
03-14-2017, 01:30 PM
I got to jump in here.... And without seeing the cart with my own eyes, here is what I will say has happened.

Customs drilled into this item (from the back) to see what is inside given what to them would look like an unneeded space inside as it went through an xray. They are more likely to do this when there is a product seal. The drill went through the back of the shell and then started into the front of the shell but did not make it all the way through (which is why the label looks like it does).

I think that is highly unlikly that this person drilled into the shell purposely or even by accident, its far far more likely to be customs.

Why would customs drill into the case when there is screws on the back??? The original picture was not even penetrated all the way through the case.

My theory: Dude could not find a knife to open the box and used the drill at his feet.

Razoola
03-14-2017, 01:35 PM
Why would customs drill into the case when there is screws on the back??? The original picture was not even penetrated all the way through the case.

Its because there is a product seal. I have had this happen to me. Like GadgetUK says, normally after a customs check, they use red tape to re-seal the item which says its been opened but I know first hand that does not always happen. From the first pictures you dont see the total penetration through the opposide side of the shell (the side without the sticker). NeoSD put pictures of that hole also later.

neosd
03-14-2017, 01:38 PM
Just in case i wasnt explained myself well :

I got confirmation from UPS that :

a) customs never do that.
b) if they would even do that, they would mark the packet with stickers or something else to tell the customer.
c) ups got confirmation from USA customs that they only had the packet there 1 day as usual, and that they havent opened it.
d) his first email picture had less drilling damage than the following ones
e) if you got a packet opened by customs or if you got doubts about that, how the hell you donīt tell that on the first email
f) why donīt you tell on the first email this is a driller hole that goes throught the whole cart ? havenīt you seen the hole on the back ?

Ask this guy why he did that

for the shake of god, how can you send and email with those pictures and the driller on the same picture ?
Would you take a picture for a claim in your workplace with such a lot of tools ? there is even wood dust of this table that could have been caused by the driller on the table itself

EDIT :

His first email complaining about the hole came on 28/2/17 14:58

while he got the packet one day after, he took his time to make the drill for sure ...

GadgetUK
03-14-2017, 01:53 PM
If customs had been in it, it would be obvious. Plus - customs don't just drill into things randomly, they attempt to dissasemble first, and they try to do as little damage as possible by drilling in an inconspicuous area. They also use a drill bit appropriate to what they are drilling - 0.2mm or smaller would be suitable for this, not the huge drill bit that has clearly been used there. And the most important part - UPS would know about it! I had parcels checked by customs in the past, and there's very clear process in all the postal systems where they indicate very clearly where something has been opened, and it gets logged in a database. I am not saying he did it himself, all I am saying is it doesn't appear to be customs, there's no way that could have happened in transit (or the box would have the same hole). I would suggest inspecting the packaging and look for a sticker to indicate customs opened it. The alternative would be to pass this over to UPS for investigation / claim.

neosd
03-14-2017, 02:00 PM
If customs had been in it, it would be obvious. Plus - customs don't just drill into things randomly, they attempt to dissasemble first, and they try to do as little damage as possible by drilling in an inconspicuous area. They also use a drill bit appropriate to what they are drilling - 0.2mm or smaller would be suitable for this, not the huge drill bit that has clearly been used there. And the most important part - UPS would know about it! I had parcels checked by customs in the past, and there's very clear process in all the postal systems where they indicate very clearly where something has been opened, and it gets logged in a database. I am not saying he did it himself, all I am saying is it doesn't appear to be customs, there's no way that could have happened in transit (or the box would have the same hole). I would suggest inspecting the packaging and look for a sticker to indicate customs opened it. The alternative would be to pass this over to UPS for investigation / claim.

Thats what we did, ask UPS, even i have to admit that i trush more UPS than a guy that sends you a picture such as this one with the driller itself there.

I am waiting for the UPS email telling me the same thing they did on phone, once it arrives, i will post it here.

As an individual if i receive a packet like that i would notice it has been opened on the same moment of pick up, every neosd cames inside a plastic bag that canīt be opened without cut it, so if this was opened at customs is pretty easy to notice and the customer would have told us that on the first email, same thing for the term "hole", cause the hole was in both sides of the shell, front and back. He just sent that on the seccond email.

My guess ? he saw we were not going to say YES easy on the first email, so he got the driller and made the hole bigger (pictures sent on the seccond email had a bigger hole)

Rot
03-14-2017, 02:01 PM
Yeah... customs wankers put massive stickers and tape all over shit...

Fuckers killed my Minty in box AES... then decided they needed to tape over the box with that sticky shit...

I was not very pleased...

xROTx

PS. I am here... reading this thread...

Take what you want from that statement....

Razoola
03-14-2017, 02:02 PM
Just in case i wasnt explained myself well :

I got confirmation from UPS that :

a) customs never do that.
b) if they would even do that, they would mark the packet with stickers or something else to tell the customer.
c) ups got confirmation from USA customs that they only had the packet there 1 day as usual, and that they havent opened it.
d) his first email picture had less drilling damage than the following ones
e) if you got a packet opened by customs or if you got doubts about that, how the hell you donīt tell that on the first email
f) why donīt you tell on the first email this is a driller hole that goes throught the whole cart ? havenīt you seen the hole on the back ?

Ask this guy why he did that

for the shake of god, how can you send and email with those pictures and the driller on the same picture ?
Would you take a picture for a claim in your workplace with such a lot of tools ? there is even wood dust of this table that could have been caused by the driller on the table itself

I'm telling you 100% that customs can and will do this kind of damage at times. Also 100% confirmed that customs can sometimes leave no mark that they have checked a package. Also what customs do to a package is beyound the control of any currier and they do not need to leave an electronic note that it has been opened.

For sure his first email could have had a better overview but he may not have been aware of all the damage in the first email or understood the kinds of things customs get up to. Likewise I think your handling could have been different also. You could have made it a priority to get the replacement shell sent to him over other orders, espicially given he offered to pay for it I understood it right.

Just a personal observation now. If you think about it, the ammount of time you have taken to state your case on the matter here, you could have probably packed ready another shell to him and maybe a couple more neosds for people waiting. If you look back at the GadgetUK situation, you sent out another NeoSD to him no questions asked. If you would have done the same in this situation you probably would have saved yourself and this guy some grief and probably spent you time doing something far more constructive. I get that there will always be people that will try and scam you one way or the other, believe me, I see enough of it myself. So you have to be vigilant to protect against it of course, but at the same time these things should be priced into your business plan as unavoidable exspences in return for a peaceful state of mind.

GadgetUK
03-14-2017, 02:17 PM
I'm telling you 100% that customs can and will do this kind of damage at times. Also 100% confirmed that customs can sometimes leave no mark that they have checked a package. Also what customs do to a package is beyound the control of any currier and they do not need to leave an electronic note that it has been opened.

For sure his first email could have had a better overview but he may not have been aware of all the damage in the first email or understood the kinds of things customs get up to. Likewise I think your handling could have been different also. You could have made it a priority to get the replacement shell sent to him over other orders, espicially given he offered to pay for it I understood it right.

Just a personal observation now. If you thing about it, the ammount of time you have taken to state your case on the matter here, you could have probably packed ready another shell to him and maybe a couple more neosds for people waiting. If you look back at the GadgetUK situation, you sent out another NeoSD to him no questions asked. If you would have done the same in this situation you probably would have saved yourself and this guy some grief and probably spent you time doing something far more constructive. I get that there will always be people that will try and scam you one way or the other, believe me, I see enough of it myself. So you have to be vigilant to protect against it of course, but at the same time these things should be priced into your business plan as unavoidable exspences in return for a peaceful state of mind.

Some good points there - although the 'no questions asked' bit is not quite true. Lots (and I mean LOTS) of questions were asked, and my board didn't have a drill hole in it. That's like comparing apples to rabbits. if the cart was faulty - ie. dead, they would have done a UPS collection and delivery, where they pickup the old cart and deliver a new one at the same time. And if it had been damaged in transit the same thing would have happened. That's what we were going to do with my cart - a collection and delivery at the same time.

All that said, it does sound to me like they are sending a new shell anyway (I think!?!?), so I guess all the fuss isn't worth anyone getting stressed over. Hopefully soon his new shell will arrive and we can look forward to maybe someone else finding their cart has been cut into with a saw blade and then put back into the box and repackaged up for delivery.

fille1976
03-14-2017, 02:18 PM
this is strange raz,why on earth the customs drill in a game cartridge????
on an xray you can clearly see all those chips on the pcb,both sides.
if the customs did this,cant that guy ask for explanation and a replacemt payed via them?
i would be furious if i received my neosd like that,for sure give them a slap in the face.
you cant just drill in products and do if there's nothing happened,even those customs.
but its difficult to prove something against them.

Razoola
03-14-2017, 02:29 PM
I agree its rare to happen but it can happen. I have had an identical situation with a CPS2 'b' board that was sent to me years back. Hole drilled into the top, no marks that customs had opened the package and proof the hole was not there when it was sent.

fille1976
03-14-2017, 02:41 PM
i had problems with the customs and usps when i ordered from bestelectronics.
payed 26$ shipping,after a month nothing.
so i mailed bestelectronics,and explained the situation.
they said i must call postal service,so i did that.
they said its the fault off those customs.
the package was shipped back to the states,and they said me that i received a letter.
i letter that i never saw,so i decided to drive to them and explained that i was not verry happy with this situation and want my 26$.
so the police was involved because i stayed by my decision that i want my money back.
and that i stayed as long if needed,explained to the police that i wanted my money,if those institutes do such thing,they earn money on my back,NO WAY I AGREE WITH SUCH BEHAVIOR.
after a week i get a phone call that they will pay the money as it was there fault.
and in this guy his situation,its the same,they have the right to drill maybe,but if they find nothing,probably search for narcotics or so,you see it on those x rays,so they destroyed other people property without a reason in my eyes.
if that guy drills in his own cart,then he's a fool,what want he to achieve with that drill hole?
i saw it also on the tv with those customs,probably they did it,but for WHAT reason,the guy need to ask it on the customs.
here in belgium we can call them or email,and in his place i should do that,its like he said almost 500$,you have the rights to known what happened with it.

massimiliano
03-14-2017, 02:45 PM
Hummm...

-the entry point is on the back of the shell, the tip did exit from the label side, the "whirlwind" traces are the sticker spinning while being teared off by the tip rotation.

-@neoSD, he clearly removed only the residuate plastic (what he called it "label remains") from the drill, the hole is not larger (you can see the irregular shape left by the tip is the same)

-If I see correctly (?), there are no screws as there is glue covering the holes to prevent tampering I guess. This could have easily motivated drilling an hole by customs

-X-Ray is not necessarily the only practice... dogs, manual inspection and opening items is pretty common...I wouldn't take UPS "investigation" as gold, as customs do not keep any record of inspected items (I mean of those not carrying smuggling material) and mostly *they do not give a shit about your property* rather admitting they damaged anything...(I may be used to Italians customs though)

-the guy could have easily faked an hole in the box and blame UPS...I mean, let's face it, it makes no sense drilling an hole if not for an inspection....all he could have tried would have been flipping the cart inside to match the Omega insertion ...does it involves drilling a seal or something?

..I'm with Raz.

Rot
03-14-2017, 02:47 PM
On a side note.... I will be judging on this thingy once i feel i know enough...

Now it's on the open forum... it hits my radar...

You fooks should know by now that I was always going to be here.... and so don't be surprised when my ass shows up with everything my rep brings with it...

xROTx

massimiliano
03-14-2017, 02:50 PM
Hummm...

-the entry point is on the back of the shell, the tip did exit from the label side, the "whirlwind" traces are the sticker spinning while being teared off by the tip rotation.

Actually I'm a bit puzzled by this... it seems they used a larger tip trying re-entering from the label side, after the hole has been drilled from the back... are the back/front holes aligned?

fille1976
03-14-2017, 02:56 PM
i never saw this,and i will never understand it also,and not at all if he drills it.
its strange,customs is 90%,ups,i dont think they drill a hole in a neosd.
so the other 10% is for him self.
the problem is if some more guys comes with such things,neosd cant send then shells,they loose money on scammers.
like raz said if he want to turn the pcb maybe,but that i dont believe.
its a strange and difficult case,also those pictures from him are not identitcal.

GadgetUK
03-14-2017, 02:59 PM
Reminder to self - if something turns up smashed to pieces from the postal service, don't photgraph the smashed bits sat next to my hammer lol. I think small things like that can easily make people jump to the wrong conclussions. At least its just the case - this could have been worse! One positve point - if you print a new label, that case will be good for another cart or something - the hole on the other side seems relatively small I think!

massimiliano
03-14-2017, 03:01 PM
I guess, if it was customs, it is not NeoSD fault either, so the buyer should probably just file a claim to UPS (I know) instead of asking a free shell ... basically same as they would have crushed the box...NeoSD wouldn't be considered responsible to send another cart but should have helped getting a reimbursement from UPS...end of the (sad) story.

fille1976
03-14-2017, 03:04 PM
he just need to call the customs in the states and his tracking number,normally they can find if they searched the package and for what reason.
then you know enough.
those customs can be basterds,in my case it was clear they made a fault.
but here its more complicated,i cant believe customs just drill holes in electronics,little more deeper and bye bye neosd.

GadgetUK
03-14-2017, 03:06 PM
I guess, if it was customs, it is not NeoSD fault either, so the buyer should probably just file a claim to UPS (I know) instead of asking a free shell ... basically same as they would have crushed the box...NeoSD wouldn't be considered responsible to send another cart but should have helped getting a reimbursement from UPS...end of the (sad) story.
Precisely! There's absolutely no way Neo SD would ship it out like that, so no matter how you look at this its the couriers problem.

greatfunky
03-14-2017, 03:09 PM
Actually I'm a bit puzzled by this... it seems they used a larger tip trying re-entering from the label side, after the hole has been drilled from the back... are the back/front holes aligned?

the hole has been drilled from the front , the mandrel hurted and teared the sticker

GadgetUK
03-14-2017, 03:10 PM

I wondered about that too! It's like they drilled one small hole, and then decided to put a larger hole in the other side.

fille1976
03-14-2017, 03:10 PM
i believe neosd also,i get my cart fine,and just waiting for my shell.
but strange story with hopefully happy ending for both.

neosd
03-14-2017, 03:12 PM

I have asked UPS, He did not

And yes, i donīt think its our fault, neither we are the ones to blame for that, the thing is that he just wanted a fast free shell without moving a finger, he was more demanding than asking for that.

Just think about that, if you get something like that ,wouldnīt you ask UPS ?

Sorry, but this whole story is really fishy from the start to the end, i wont belive him, i canīt.
So many things point me into a different place.

Rot
03-14-2017, 03:13 PM
Same guy?

http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=16748.msg344492

xROTx

PS. You know something.... I came off my 2 week break for this?... you realise... this could end VERY badly....

Razoola
03-14-2017, 03:16 PM
Some good points there - although the 'no questions asked' bit is not quite true. Lots (and I mean LOTS) of questions were asked, and my board didn't have a drill hole in it. That's like comparing apples to rabbits.

Right, maybe I did not phrase that quite right. What I mean is in your situation, a replacement neoSD was arranged quite swiftly (in under a week if I remember right). At the time of the replacement it was not certain the NeoSD was even faulty (excluding firmware) or even an MVS issue. neosd sent one anyway in good faith. It looks like this shell situation has been going on for two weeks while in my view neither neosd or ughugo are to blame for the situation relating to how the original holes got there. Some good faith would have gone a long way to get this situation resolved quickly and save headaches along the way.

neosd
03-14-2017, 03:17 PM
Same guy?

xROTx

PS. You know something.... I came off my 2 week break for this?... you realise... this could end VERY badly....

Hi Rot,

Can you take a picture or make a quote ? it requires login ...

Thanks

Montatez
03-14-2017, 03:18 PM
Same guy?

xROTx

Short version please rot. Cant access the content of the link.

fille1976
03-14-2017, 03:22 PM
Two seemingly unrelated cases can now be mixed and combined into one exciting topic:

In a world where lies and mysteries reign king. Where rich successful directors may possibly have to actually rape people in the ass instead of paying people in drugs and $100 bills to be allowed to fuck said ass, where jacked up resellers try to give Union shakedowns, anything goes. When a combustion becomes an explosion, a mysterious nephew will cross desert valleys to fulfill his love for Turbo, crossing all borders in the name of that love. But what he doesn't know is that forces are working against him. His uncle has his own agenda.

Uncle OGHUGO has taken Nephew's cash, and used it to buy a cheap system to flip. After shaking down the seller of a pristine, non-hair dryer warped Turbografx, plans to sell his beloved console for profit have been concocted. After deporting failed to get him out of the way, and lies about it being impossible to mail the system into Mexico were not believed, to keep Nephew from interfering with his cash flow, he used his wife to seduce him with a sex romp in the white van. With much alcohol and possibly a little chloroform, Nephew wakes up to find himself at an upscale pool party. But it's not just any pool party.... he has sent him to......Brian Singer's Pool Party. Now, anything goes....

This film will star:
Keanu Reeves as Nephew
Mel Gibson as OGHUGO
Hugh Jackman as Bernie
Shelley Duvall as the seductive aunt
and Chris Elliott as Brian Singer

I'm rollin in games and raking in HUGE profits on ebay, but cant buy my kid a fucking bed to sleep on, or be bothered with picking up his damn bedroom so it isn't a hoarders death trap:

if he's that guy,he wants much free.

Rot
03-14-2017, 03:28 PM
Hi Rot,

Can you take a picture or make a quote ? it requires login ...

Thanks

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/rotphungte/Screen%20Shot%202017-03-14%20at%2020.18.25_zpskg4to3ja.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/rotphungte/Screen%20Shot%202017-03-14%20at%2020.18.33_zpsktuzmjxw.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/rotphungte/Screen%20Shot%202017-03-14%20at%2020.18.38_zpsse9quoc7.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/rotphungte/Screen%20Shot%202017-03-14%20at%2020.18.42_zpsi75hv2ra.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/rotphungte/Screen%20Shot%202017-03-14%20at%2020.18.47_zpsgwmqlcrh.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/rotphungte/Screen%20Shot%202017-03-14%20at%2020.18.52_zpsmhxuvlyv.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/rotphungte/Screen%20Shot%202017-03-14%20at%2020.18.58_zpshayisunp.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/rotphungte/Screen%20Shot%202017-03-14%20at%2020.19.02_zpsdz0ihepz.png

xROTx

PS. I miss Prof Prof... err... it wasn't my fault... just re-iterating the point....

lions3
03-14-2017, 03:28 PM
here's a PDF of the first page of the thread. Enjoy.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hk1mj6owb872li6/OGHUGO%27s%20failed%20shake%20down%20and%20the%20t wisted%20case%20of%20Brian%20Singer%27s%20Anal%20R ape.pdf?dl=0

Now on a side note, any chance this drama being moved to another thread? I love the NEOSD (still need to buy one) and would hate for the next 10 pages of this thread be all about this damn plastic shell.

fille1976
03-14-2017, 03:31 PM
if he's that guy rot and he's a scammer,could you ban him,such guys we can miss here?
but we must have more evidence.

Rot
03-14-2017, 03:33 PM

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hk1mj6owb872li6/OGHUGO%27s%20failed%20shake%20down%20and%20the%20t wisted%20case%20of%20Brian%20Singer%27s%20Anal%20R ape.pdf?dl=0

Now on a side note, any chance this drama being moved to another thread? I love the NEOSD (still need to buy one) and would hate for the next 10 pages of this thread be all about this damn plastic shell.

No can do Lions... sorry... drama stays in place for these reasons:

1. Too hard to find...
2. The issues in hand are real... and as SOMEONE decided to post publically... they need to be addressed...
3. Once I have come to a decision... This will serve as a lesson on multiple levels to everyone... and I mean... EVERYONE!...

xROTx

neosd
03-14-2017, 03:35 PM

Hello

He will get his shell shipped at no cost, before the week ends.

It was his decission to talk about that here, not ours. We had to answer him to deffend ourselves.

Thanks

Rot
03-14-2017, 03:41 PM
Hello

It was his decission to talk about that here, not ours. We had to answer him to deffend ourselves.

Thanks

Yeah... send the shell Neosd man...

Then we move on... however... OGHUGO has 24 hours to respond to this issue...

xROTx

PS. Oh... just incase you're all wondering... it'd better be the BEST response in history... because he's already one foot in the War room...

EDIT: Anyone wanna dispute my decision makng... then please feel free... i'm also in chat....

massimiliano
03-14-2017, 03:41 PM
the hole has been drilled from the front , the mandrel hurted and teared the sticker

I guess who did that drilled a first (clean) hole using a smaller tip, either from front or back, then tried to make it larger from the label side, using a tip too big and getting stuck..the plastic material which is left and the irregular shape of the hole at least suggest that.

Razoola
03-14-2017, 03:42 PM
I read those post on the other site and I can't make heads or tails on what that thread is on about. That said I can't see how drilling holes purposely into a shell is a good way to scam somone. I mean, going down a creditcard chargeback kind of route would be more likely and more in line with a scam. Of course if it was done with the intent to simply get neosd's back up then thats different, but thats totally different than scamming though isnt it? Its more gaslighting.

fille1976
03-14-2017, 03:48 PM
if this comes out he drilled it,it the most stupid thing i ever saw,for sure.
but better wait he's response,and for neosd,better send it,case closed,but what if someone else comes with something different,seems those guys are clever.

Rot
03-14-2017, 03:56 PM
Lads lads...

This is NG.com... it aint a fucking democracy here.... argue all you like... BUT unless ogHugo produces the best response i have ever seen within 24 hours...

Consider him perma fucked...

xROTx

PS. You guys also have 24 hours to try and re-align my thinking... but i'll warn you now... i am one stubborn fuck and I tend to hold a grudge...

ChuChu Flamingo
03-14-2017, 03:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiHu_wmZT-o

Who is responsible for this hole in the cart, UPS customs or was the cart so sinister the buyer had to drill it himself to down it. Is this OGHUGO the same fagger from three years ago on PCEFX who warned about the dangers of shipping to Mexico. What could this mysterious hole mean for the Z Fighters? Find out on the next exciting episode of Neo Hyphen Geo Z!

fille1976
03-14-2017, 04:03 PM
i readed the thread on pcefx,but i also cant find what that conversation is all about.

Rot
03-14-2017, 04:11 PM
i readed the thread on pcefx,but i also cant find what that conversation is all about.

FFS...

Oghugo got a cheap system off a member on pcefx... then claimed it didn't get to him in awesome condition and time frame...

The original seller said post back... refund will be sent...

Oghugo made a story about how it was unsafe to send back to the seller...

Then Oghugo said a compromise had been reached and he'd sell it on... seemingly for a profit...

This is FORUM speak.... it's convulated... read between the lines mofo's... I aint here to hold your hand....

xROTx

aha2940
03-14-2017, 04:13 PM
I can't see how drilling holes purposely into a shell is a good way to scam somone.

This. Also, I find it strange that whoever did the hole, was careful enough not to drill through the cards themselves (as OGHUGO says the cart works fine). For me this is either: customs broke it (they should pay for it) or OGHUGO did it by mistake and is silly enough not to admit it and created this whole mess for nothing. I also notice that the hole in the back seems smaller and way cleaner than the one in the front. To me the front hole looks more like if one of the posts inside the cart was ripped or something...

Niko
03-14-2017, 04:17 PM
The NeoSD is light and if the package weight on the customs forum was correct I couldnt imagine any reason why customs would want to open it up. Let alone drill a hole. I'm not sure what they would expect to find? Weightless cocaine? I think if this was a possibility, we would have seen this before. I could see the news article now "US customs destroys super rare video game cart.".

With that said, Im with NeoSD on this. I think the guy was unhappy with his shell and decided to fuck it up to get a replacement. NeoSD has said multiple times they would send him a new shell, and its not like his isnt holding the boards or anything. I see no reason to rush this, he will get it when they get caught up.

nio
03-14-2017, 04:24 PM
Maybe he just jerked off on it and wanted to clean it off using a driller ... better dont do that with girls.

Razoola
03-14-2017, 04:27 PM
The NeoSD is light and if the package weight on the customs forum was correct I couldnt imagine any reason why customs would want to open it up. Let alone drill a hole. I'm not sure what they would expect to find? Weightless cocaine? I think if this was a possibility, we would have seen this before. I could see the news article now "US customs destroys super rare video game cart.".

With that said, Im with NeoSD on this. I think the guy was unhappy with his shell and decided to fuck it up to get a replacement. NeoSD has said multiple times they would send him a new shell, and its not like his isnt holding the boards or anything. I see no reason to rush this, he will get it when they get caught up.

Customs work in strange ways, they do random checks, then if something gets flagged in a container by a dog for example they may end up checking every package in that container its all out of the control of UPS also.

But if the guy was unhappy with his shell It seems like a strange way to go about getting another to me (esp as he looks to have offered to pay for it), why not simply crack the shell and damage the shipping box so it looked like it had been crushed? That said it would not be the first time I saw people not happy with the quality of the shell but from the pictures posted the shell did not look any worse or better than any of the others (apart from the drill holes).

neosd
03-14-2017, 04:30 PM
This. Also, I find it strange that whoever did the hole, was careful enough not to drill through the cards themselves (as OGHUGO says the cart works fine). For me this is either: customs broke it (they should pay for it) or OGHUGO did it by mistake and is silly enough not to admit it and created this whole mess for nothing. I also notice that the hole in the back seems smaller and way cleaner than the one in the front. To me the front hole looks more like if one of the posts inside the cart was ripped or something...

I can tell you we shipped about a hundred of NEOSDS to USA by UPS this same day (if i donï―īt remember bad).

If we would know it was our fault, he would have got a replacement unit the same day, such as GadgetUK got back in the day, cause on GadgetUKï―īs issue we thought it could be our fault.

In this case its pretty clear that its not our fault, neither its not our problem, even it became our problem just cause the customer decided to claim on us instead of UPS if his claim was ever legit ....

Blame me for that, but it has to be a point where you are forced to say NO to customers with fishy claims, and this one is more than fishy, or you take the risk this ends being a scam party where everyone asks anything for free.

You guys donï―īt realize that such small company as ours have really limited resources, and i am not talking about money, i am talking about : calling ups, answering his emails, packing, shipping. Value all that, its much more than the price of the shell and the shipment.

Sum to that those threats about credit card claim and forum posts.

Want something for free from us when its not our fault ? try to be nice and WAIT, else, claim UPS if you think they done that hole.

Thanks

Rot
03-14-2017, 04:37 PM
tick tick tick...

Around and around this argument goes...

I am so getting tired of it... so here's what's gonna happen... FUCK OGHUGO... War Room locked...

NO 24 hour leeway... well done lads.... you managed to irritate me... and OGhugo is expendable...

xROTx

PS. Anyone else?

OGHUGO
03-14-2017, 04:37 PM
Hello

Thanks

I came in here to see if anyone else had this same issue happens to them. I made the post as I saw my self painted against a corner with neosd people thinking that I did this and I did not after going back and forth with neosd I felt that it was going no where with them thinking that i did this to the shell. After everything I even offered to pay for the replacement shell. Neosd team did offer me to send this back but as I stated to them this worked fine but it was an issue with the sell. Sending this back would have taken time and as I just got this I really wanted to play with it and try it out. All I wanted was to get this resolved either by neosd team contacting ups and getting a straight answer from them or me pay for the replacement shell or if all else fails to ship back for an exchange but did not want to have this be blamed on me. As someone posted something about customs actually drilling holes in stuff being shipped I had no clue that went on and I thank that person for that as it gives us some kind of clue on what could have happened. My intentions were to resolve this and see if anyone else had any issues. I have no beef with anyone I was just looking for a resolution. Thank you neosd for sending the replacement shell I can send this one back to you so you can have it back if you want it back.

neosd
03-14-2017, 04:38 PM
tick tick tick...

Around and around this argument goes...

I am so getting tired of it... so here's what's gonna happen... FUCK OGHUGO... War Room locked...

NO 24 hour leeway... well done lads.... you managed to irritate me... and OGhugo is expendable...

xROTx

PS. Anyone else?

Rot,

Sorry to be against your decision, but why donīt you let him answer ? no matters if it takes him an hour or a minute.

Thanks

Razoola
03-14-2017, 04:41 PM
Looks like he had a chance to get his answer in just before rot pulled the trigger.

Rot
03-14-2017, 04:42 PM
Rot,

Sorry to be against your decision, but why donīt you let him answer ? no matters if it takes him an hour or a minute.

Thanks

OK... 48 hours...

That is ALL he gets to state his case...

Looks like he had a chance to get his answer in just before rot pulled the trigger.

I move FAST... that's why I am who i am....

I can have an account locked down in less than 20 seconds....

xROTx

PS. After the 48 hours... if i judge against OGhugo... or anyone else...

GadgetUK
03-14-2017, 05:26 PM
Teh drama!!!!! What could possibly top this?

Gummy Bear
03-14-2017, 05:36 PM
Hole-gate. What a hoot :tickled:

Rot
03-14-2017, 05:39 PM
Why you think Jeff left this thread to me? He knew this shit was bound to happen... and well...

...I am built to deal with drama... and in most cases... brutally...:keke:

xROTx

aha2940
03-14-2017, 05:45 PM
I can tell you we shipped about a hundred of NEOSDS to USA by UPS this same day (if i donï―īt remember bad).

If we would know it was our fault, he would have got a replacement unit the same day, such as GadgetUK got back in the day, cause on GadgetUKï―īs issue we thought it could be our fault.

In this case its pretty clear that its not our fault, neither its not our problem, even it became our problem just cause the customer decided to claim on us instead of UPS if his claim was ever legit ....

Blame me for that, but it has to be a point where you are forced to say NO to customers with fishy claims, and this one is more than fishy, or you take the risk this ends being a scam party where everyone asks anything for free.

You guys donï―īt realize that such small company as ours have really limited resources, and i am not talking about money, i am talking about : calling ups, answering his emails, packing, shipping. Value all that, its much more than the price of the shell and the shipment.

Sum to that those threats about credit card claim and forum posts.

Want something for free from us when its not our fault ? try to be nice and WAIT, else, claim UPS if you think they done that hole.

Thanks

I do not understand: why was this reply quoting my post? I am not blaming you anywhere, it's not your fault in any way (except if you shipped the cart that way, which you made yourself clear you did not) so, why all the angry at my post? I was just trying to offer an explanation to this (however crazy it may be) and pointed the fact that the hole did not damage the cart inside (so it was made "carefully"?) nothing else.

neosd
03-14-2017, 05:52 PM
I do not understand: why was this reply quoting my post? I am not blaming you anywhere, it's not your fault in any way (except if you shipped the cart that way, which you made yourself clear you did not) so, why all the angry at my post? I was just trying to offer an explanation to this (however crazy it may be) and pointed the fact that the hole did not damage the cart inside (so it was made "carefully"?) nothing else.

i am not angry about your post, believe.

i wanted to say that this customs theory makes no sense for a lot of reasons, one is that we shipped a lot of neosds the same day, so it was not an isolated packet that arrived customs one day.

Another thing to take in mind that its pretty different to export as a company or as individual, the whole customs process works in a different way, you have to declare what you export and spanish dept of finace checks every invoice as batch, i asume the same aplies for usa customs once packets arrives.

Thanks

benjiedude
03-14-2017, 06:07 PM
Holy moly!!!! All I can say is I'm glad my Neo SD works and looks flawless. No holes.

Rot
03-14-2017, 06:12 PM
48 hours... possibly... no ughugo either:p

xROTx

PS. I know I know.. I am giving him 48 hours to persuade me he's worth keeping around...

And I KNOW... some people feel it's a customs thingy... however, this aint NG.com without one madass Azn mod around...

OGHUGO
03-14-2017, 10:55 PM
i am not angry about your post, believe.

i wanted to say that this customs theory makes no sense for a lot of reasons, one is that we shipped a lot of neosds the same day, so it was not an isolated packet that arrived customs one day.

Another thing to take in mind that its pretty different to export as a company or as individual, the whole customs process works in a different way, you have to declare what you export and spanish dept of finace checks every invoice as batch, i asume the same aplies for usa customs once packets arrives.

Thanks

The package was opened and taped back up when I got it. I offered to send you pictures of the padded envelope. I opened it from the side but when you look at it it was taped from the top. The package was supposed to arrive on a certain day and it didn't so I called UPS and they told me it was held by customs. Perhaps I was the "LUCKY" one that was picked randomly out of all the packages you sent. As I said I just want to get this resolved and even if you want me to pay for the new shell I will if it was an issue with customs that would not be your fault, but just a messed up shit for both of us.

OGHUGO
03-14-2017, 11:01 PM
48 hours... possibly... no ughugo either:p

xROTx

PS. I know I know.. I am giving him 48 hours to persuade me he's worth keeping around...

And I KNOW... some people feel it's a customs thingy... however, this aint NG.com without one madass Azn mod around...

Thank you for allowing me to reply. I do not want any beef with anyone just wanted to see if there was any kid of issues like this reported as it seems that I am the only "lucky" or unlucky one here. But I am glad to find that this kind of stuff has been done before as it lets people know what could happen when dealing with customs. I have replied to NEOSD team and it seems that we are both in agreement to get a replacement shell and go from there. Their product is amazing and would like to keep it without any holes on the casing.

wingzrow
03-14-2017, 11:41 PM
This is part of why I loved these forums. I've been reading the last 4 pages with Phoenix wright music playing & I'm on the edge of my seat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp3RaRI_sQA

wyo
03-14-2017, 11:44 PM
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?246222-Messy-Mod-Work-Thread&p=3852739&viewfull=1#post3852739

"This guy needs to eat a 1000 buckets of dicks a day 'till he dies."

:keke:

Rot
03-15-2017, 03:43 AM
Hello Ughugo...

Anyway, here's the my thoughts...

You were caught out on PCEFx doing stuff that I don't approve of... and now we have this situ on NG.com...

My feelings are I don't generally like to keep accounts like that around... you registered here in Feb of this year and so not many of us are going to miss you...

HOWEVER, fair is fair... I am going to let you reply and prove to myself you are worth the effort of keeping around because make no mistake... it's easier for me to wipe out your account...

SO... here's the deal... you will spend ONE calendar month in chat with the lads... you will start contributing on the forums outside of this thread and I will re-evaluate my position after that month...

OR alternatively... I just War Room lock your ass and save myself the grief...

You may reply to the terms and conditions in this thread...

xROTx

PS. You will need a PC setup with flash installed to use out chat room... I suggest you make an effort...

EDIT: Chat may not be a great place for you to start in.... as a few of the regulars are also members of PCEFx... so you'll have that to deal with...

However, I do like to keep chat as stress free as possible...

neosd
03-15-2017, 04:48 AM
The package was opened and taped back up when I got it. I offered to send you pictures of the padded envelope. I opened it from the side but when you look at it it was taped from the top. The package was supposed to arrive on a certain day and it didn't so I called UPS and they told me it was held by customs. Perhaps I was the "LUCKY" one that was picked randomly out of all the packages you sent. As I said I just want to get this resolved and even if you want me to pay for the new shell I will if it was an issue with customs that would not be your fault, but just a messed up shit for both of us.

this will be posted on the forums for other people to see what they could expect.. either they will get a good one or one with a hole like I did.

You posted this on the forums to damage our reputation, even that you are going to get what you wanted, even it was not our fault or our problem.

lachlan
03-15-2017, 05:00 AM
Was this the equivalent of paying for a 'hit' on the NEOSD team?

What an elaborate attempt at damaging their reputation! was it ever stated if the PCB's were damaged as a result of the drilling? because if they weren't it's boofuckinghoo about your plastic case anyway :lolz:

Thierry Henry
03-15-2017, 05:12 AM
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=43472&d=1489513265

I was just reading the last few pages of the thread. The above pic pretty much nails it for me as to who did what.

Rot
03-15-2017, 05:16 AM
You posted this on the forums to damage our reputation, even that you are going to get what you wanted, even it was not our fault or our problem.

Neosd... this is NG.com... you will ALWAYS have people who will support or hate you... trust me...

The forum can see what you've achieved and what it's added to the scene... hence, something like this doesn't even make a difference on here...

I know you have shipped a LOT of these devices... and the vast VAST majority of your customers are happy...

So try and relax... the forum and I have got this...

xROTx

OGHUGO
03-15-2017, 06:47 AM

No I posted in the forums to find out if anyone had the same issue as I did. If I had not done so you would still believe that I did this to my own cart. Why would anyone want to have a hole on a cart like that. I have asked my self why would you even think that? If I wanted to return it I would have done so at the first opportunity you gave me however I like the product and wanted this situation resolved. That is why I was only asking for a shell replacement. Once again I believe we have come to an agreement, let me know if you wish me to pay for the replacement and how to go about it and I will. That is all that is needed from this whole situation.

Razoola
03-15-2017, 07:06 AM
OGHUGO, you best bet now is to go into chat and talk to rot. Some people will believe what your saying about the situation and others will not. The only person you need to convince is rot and your only going to achieve that in chat (link at top of forum).

OGHUGO
03-15-2017, 07:08 AM
Neosd... this is NG.com... you will ALWAYS have people who will support or hate you... trust me...

The forum can see what you've achieved and what it's added to the scene... hence, something like this doesn't even make a difference on here...

I know you have shipped a LOT of these devices... and the vast VAST majority of your customers are happy...

So try and relax... the forum and I have got this...

xROTx

I do not hate NeoSD team, I appreciate what they have done for the scene 100 %.

OGHUGO
03-15-2017, 07:11 AM
Hello Ughugo...

Anyway, here's the my thoughts...

You were caught out on PCEFx doing stuff that I don't approve of... and now we have this situ on NG.com...

My feelings are I don't generally like to keep accounts like that around... you registered here in Feb of this year and so not many of us are going to miss you...

HOWEVER, fair is fair... I am going to let you reply and prove to myself you are worth the effort of keeping around because make no mistake... it's easier for me to wipe out your account...

SO... here's the deal... you will spend ONE calendar month in chat with the lads... you will start contributing on the forums outside of this thread and I will re-evaluate my position after that month...

OR alternatively... I just War Room lock your ass and save myself the grief...

You may reply to the terms and conditions in this thread...

xROTx

PS. You will need a PC setup with flash installed to use out chat room... I suggest you make an effort...

EDIT: Chat may not be a great place for you to start in.... as a few of the regulars are also members of PCEFx... so you'll have that to deal with...

However, I do like to keep chat as stress free as possible...

I never even acknowledge what was done and said in PCEFx since that was just a cluster fuck situation. That got out of control and therefore I did not even want to go there as the guy arguing with me started to get my family involved.
I understand your terms and conditions and I thank you for being fair. I will try to make an effort to contribute to this forum.
I am a gamer just like everyone else here, and it's an awesome hobby but as a hobby I don't want it to become something that I will end up being hated on for.
People that commented are lucky this did not happen to them as I believe they would feel the same way. NeoSD team thinks that I am trying to harm their reputation. How is that? If I keep saying that this is a great product ! I am glad that this got resolved and ultimately that was what I was looking for, a resolution.

bubba966
03-15-2017, 07:18 AM
Surprising at the number of people here that have apparently no real experience with a drill. That was a careless person that drilled a hole starting in the back of the shell. They weren't planning on drilling all the way through. But they didn't let up on the pressure soon enough. Which caused the drill bit to "walk" on the front side of the shell from the inside hence the larger, irregular shaped hole underneath the label. But they stopped the drill just in time for the drill bit to make it's way through the shell and start into the label, twisting up the label in the process.

Who drilled the hole I can't say. All I can add to the convo is that it was someone that drilled from the back towards the front, was slightly careless with it, and tried to stop it before going all the way through but mostly failed at that.

Montatez
03-15-2017, 07:20 AM
NeoSD team thinks that I am trying to harm their reputation. How is that?

You decided to come here to air your dirty laundry. From outside looking in, you do look like the bad guy and it does look like your attacking them. You should have left well enough alone and excepted your replacement shell.

Rot
03-15-2017, 07:23 AM
Deal has been accepted by Oghugo...

The matter may not be totally resolved but I expect we move on from this...

xROTx

PS. Hiatus my ass.... if only you fooks played nice...

Hasuki-san
03-15-2017, 11:32 AM
strange things happen here. Drill holes where no drill holes should be. Maybe someone was just arguing with a drill instructor ?

neosd
03-15-2017, 12:52 PM
I never even acknowledge what was done and said in PCEFx since that was just a cluster fuck situation. That got out of control and therefore I did not even want to go there as the guy arguing with me started to get my family involved.
I understand your terms and conditions and I thank you for being fair. I will try to make an effort to contribute to this forum.
I am a gamer just like everyone else here, and it's an awesome hobby but as a hobby I don't want it to become something that I will end up being hated on for.
People that commented are lucky this did not happen to them as I believe they would feel the same way. NeoSD team thinks that I am trying to harm their reputation. How is that? If I keep saying that this is a great product ! I am glad that this got resolved and ultimately that was what I was looking for, a resolution.

Hugo,

Just heard about the PCEFx stuff now, really sorry to heard about that, some people are beyond ethics doing such things.

I will have your shell shipped before this week ends for sure, i have some shipments that goes outside Europe already packed and i am just waiting to finish packing the rest of those to just go once to the postal office (correos) as they donīt come here as UPS to pick the packets and i allways have to loose a big amount of time filling papers there and waiting the line ...
Thats one the delay reasons, the other one was that i asigned your shell low priority, cause i thought at the end you had a working cart and the hole was not our fault at all.

Anyways, my apologize if for some reason this PCEFx stuff came here, at the end of the day, its just a shell.

Alex,

GadgetUK
03-15-2017, 01:00 PM

Neodogg
03-15-2017, 09:48 PM
Step 1: Get a shell
Step 2: Drill a hole in the shell
Step 3: ...

Xian Xi
03-15-2017, 10:54 PM
Yes,

Let me tell you that with other words : blame SNK for not ever consider they would do carts with front labels so they didnï―īt care to swap the logical order betwen horizontal and vertiral MVS boards. Or blame OMEGA manufactured to not produce a connector that would swap the direction on the connector so carts with front labels would be pointed on the same direction as horizontal MVS boards do.

Thanks

Not to be an asshole but both the MVS and AES cart sit exactly in the same orientation in their respective cart slot. The bottom of the CHAR board faces the front of the console. Even if there wasn't a front sticker on MVS carts, they can only be inserted one way due to the offset off the PCB separator in the shell. On the MVS cart, one side has screws, the other side is clean and flat, even from a logical standpoint, why would you think the front of an MVS cart is the side with the screws? Do you flip over a phonograph player?

neosd
03-16-2017, 04:57 AM
Not to be an asshole but both the MVS and AES cart sit exactly in the same orientation in their respective cart slot. The bottom of the CHAR board faces the front of the console. Even if there wasn't a front sticker on MVS carts, they can only be inserted one way due to the offset off the PCB separator in the shell. On the MVS cart, one side has screws, the other side is clean and flat, even from a logical standpoint, why would you think the front of an MVS cart is the side with the screws? Do you flip over a phonograph player?

Hello,

There are vertical and horizontal loading MVS boards, the orientation differs on those.

Thanks

Razoola
03-16-2017, 05:48 AM
This thing about the shell design was waiting to happen given how it is designed. With better planning in the design process it could have been avoided and a better solution designed. Given whats done is done there is no way to change it now easily. I guess a little leway can be given as I think its clear we understand that neosd would have been rushing to get something out as soon as possible and when something is rushed, unforseen issues and problems tend to pop up. Thankfully there is the saving grace that the shell can be opened and the PCB's reversed.

greatfunky
03-16-2017, 07:26 AM
Surprising at the number of people here that have apparently no real experience with a drill. That was a careless person that drilled a hole starting in the back of the shell. They weren't planning on drilling all the way through. But they didn't let up on the pressure soon enough. Which caused the drill bit to "walk" on the front side of the shell from the inside hence the larger, irregular shaped hole underneath the label. But they stopped the drill just in time for the drill bit to make it's way through the shell and start into the label, twisting up the label in the process.

Who drilled the hole I can't say. All I can add to the convo is that it was someone that drilled from the back towards the front, was slightly careless with it, and tried to stop it before going all the way through but mostly failed at that.

Small parenthesis for bubba966:

I'm working in mechanics and manufacturing of industrial machinery, so I know what I 'm talking about, the hole was drilled from the front to the back.

But you're right when you say they weren't planning on drilling all the way through and they did not let up on the pressure soon enough.

Under the pressure ,the chuck jaws has hurted and nibbled the label and the shell front, heating plastic and stuffing the tip which enlarged the hole.
No doubt , on the front it is clearly seen the direction of rotation of the drill and on the back we can see the burr popping out.

Xian Xi
03-16-2017, 01:07 PM
Hello,

There are vertical and horizontal loading MVS boards, the orientation differs on those.

Thanks

There is no difference. If you lay the riser boards flat, they are still in the same orientation. Instead of making excuses, I hope you plan to fix the problem. I'm sure those who paid for this aren't happy with the item they are receiving. It's hard to fully enjoy a product when something is completely wrong with the design of it to the eye.

Gummy Bear
03-16-2017, 01:26 PM
:snack:

massimiliano
03-16-2017, 01:27 PM
There is no difference. If you lay the riser boards flat, they are still in the same orientation. Instead of making excuses, I hope you plan to fix the problem. I'm sure those who paid for this aren't happy with the item they are receiving. It's hard to fully enjoy a product when something is completely wrong with the design of it to the eye.

I don't get it (sorry I have not a shell yet, so I may be wrong) but in an horizontal MV-1 the label will be visible, while in an MV1C will face backwards...sounds NeoSD picked the most common board type (at least fro them) and built the shell thinking of it?

Anyway, I think there is a reason for which SNK used the MVS labels without sides, and it was to recognize the titles despite having different board models ... I still don't get why using an AES Shell for MVS though...is it the same mold for AES?

massimiliano
03-16-2017, 01:32 PM
Small parenthesis for bubba966:

I'm working in mechanics and manufacturing of industrial machinery, so I know what I 'm talking about, the hole was drilled from the front to the back.

But you're right when you say they weren't planning on drilling all the way through and they did not let up on the pressure soon enough.

Under the pressure ,the chuck jaws has hurted and nibbled the label and the shell front, heating plastic and stuffing the tip which enlarged the hole.
No doubt , on the front it is clearly seen the direction of rotation of the drill and on the back we can see the burr popping out.

I agree 100%, also, I still think we are talking about two different attempts using different tips (I initially thought it started from the back, but then realized a few things)... the spindle lock may have impacted the label area, as you can see plastic has been "burned" around the hole (no way it could have happened drilling from behind)

GadgetUK
03-16-2017, 01:33 PM
Yeah, I don't get people kicking off about the label. If you stand the cart next to an existing MVS cart - is the game title label the same way up (ie. the label on the side - the label were are all used to?), or does it not have an end label?

massimiliano
03-16-2017, 01:34 PM
Yeah, I don't get people kicking off about the label. If you stand the cart next to an existing MVS cart - is the game title label the same way up (ie. the label on the side - the label were are all used to?), or does it not have an end label?

Can you please rephrase? (please bear with me, English is not my first language!)

GadgetUK
03-16-2017, 01:38 PM
Can you please rephrase? (please bear with me, English is not my first language!)

MVS carts have the label on the side - which we are all familiar with. If you stand the Neo SD cart next to an original SNK cart - with the direction triangles both facing the same way, what does the edge label look like - is it the correct orientation or not - ie. is the text the correct way up, or does it appear upside down?

massimiliano
03-16-2017, 01:42 PM
MVS carts have the label on the side - which we are all familiar with. If you stand the Neo SD cart next to an original SNK cart - with the direction triangles both facing the same way, what does the edge label look like - is it the correct orientation or not - ie. is the text the correct way up, or does it appear upside down?

Oh I see, you say "side" I call it "top"..gotcha. As said I have no shell, but my understanding is that the label will go down on the opposite side of the arrow.

nio
03-16-2017, 01:44 PM
you can change the oriwntstion of the cart inside the shell. it will fit perfect

neosd
03-16-2017, 01:47 PM
life is fun

Razoola
03-16-2017, 02:01 PM
I'm not sure that is the best way to speak to someone like James given he has far more NeoGeo experiance than you.

Edit... glad you see you edited your post neosd, your comments to James were quite uncalled for.

GadgetUK
03-16-2017, 02:03 PM
It seems to me that people need to calm down and chill! Since the shell can be fitted either way it really isn't the end of the world.

I am fully expecting people to be complaining about the colour of the plastic not being black enough next, or maybe that the plastic used was not coated in denatonium benzoate and their kids are trying to eat the MVS cart as a result. :lolz:

Rot
03-16-2017, 02:12 PM
This is NG.com... drama is a way of life....

It's important for people to realise how things are handled around here... I could micro-manage the thread like i did in the past... but no one learns anything from that...

Drama level is sorta low atm.... people need to learn for themselves how to handle stuff...

xROTx

PS. I've seen worse... much worse.... this is sorta tame so far...

EDIT: Wake me up when it becomes a Plane Ticket affair....

GadgetUK
03-16-2017, 02:14 PM
I'm not sure that is the best way to speak to someone like James given he has far more NeoGeo experiance than you.

I see the different points of view here - tbh, my gut feeling when I keep reading these posts about the label is "do people not have anything better to complain about?" - but, I do get it, I do see that some people are frustrated on both sides - but it's a really minor thing. As said earlier - the "default" orientation was for the more common boards. The boards can be flipped so it's not a big deal. James was letting off steam, and Neo SD are bound to react. They've clearly calmed down now and I would recommend that everyone else do the same. Someone is going to end up having a heart attack at this rate lol.

Razoola
03-16-2017, 02:28 PM
I see the different points of view here - tbh, my gut feeling when I keep reading these posts about the label is "do people not have anything better to complain about?" - but, I do get it, I do see that some people are frustrated on both sides - but it's a really minor thing. As said earlier - the "default" orientation was for the more common boards. The boards can be flipped so it's not a big deal. James was letting off steam, and Neo SD are bound to react. They've clearly calmed down now and I would recommend that everyone else do the same. Someone is going to end up having a heart attack at this rate lol.

Yea, I see both sides also. It is minor. When neosd gets around to sending me the final MVS NeoSD version I'll be able to complete my review of the NeoSD (including the shell). Not sure how long neosd is going still to take before sendning it given its been three months already, but hopefully it will be soon.

Bar81
03-16-2017, 02:28 PM
Are the MVS shells done? I haven't seen any pics of those?

Razoola
03-16-2017, 02:35 PM
Are the MVS shells done? I haven't seen any pics of those?

It's basically the same shell for both AES and MVS neosd version.

lions3
03-16-2017, 02:36 PM

I think the thing is that many consolized MVS systems are vertical. I myself use a MV2F. While most of the forum is familiar with the CMVS systems James builds from a MV1C. So in both cases, to us, the NEOSD would have to be inserted backwards. Label to the back. Yes there's the work around of opening the case and flipping the pcbs. Very doable. It's more of user expectation issue. Not the end of the world.

Also we need to remember that different MVS motherboards are more common in different regions. Isn't the MV1FZ much more prevalent in Europe? So I'm not surprised a Spanish company made a Cart case with the label so it would face up on their MVS system.

(Personally going to just cheat and buy one for my AES instead. lol)

GadgetUK
03-16-2017, 02:43 PM
I think the thing is that many consolized MVS systems are vertical. I myself use a MV2F. While most of the forum is familiar with the CMVS systems James builds from a MV1C. So in both cases, to us, the NEOSD would have to be inserted backwards. Label to the back. Yes there's the work around of opening the case and flipping the pcbs. Very doable. It's more of user expectation issue. Not the end of the world.

Also we need to remember that different MVS motherboards are more common in different regions. Isn't the MV1FZ much more prevalent in Europe? So I'm not surprised a Spanish company made a Cart case with the label so it would face up on their MVS system.

(Personally going to just cheat and buy one for my AES instead. lol)

Yeah, I think you're right - There's tonnes of 1FZ in europe. I get asked questions a lot about the flash carts or MVS mods and its nearly always a 1FZ they have.

RAZO
03-16-2017, 02:49 PM
This is NG.com... drama is a way of life....

It was just a matter of time.

Rot
03-16-2017, 02:50 PM
Non-issue in my eyes.... It's cosmetic...

Neosd could've made it the other way around... then other people complain...

Neosd could've put the SD slot on the other side... then the left handed people complain...

Neosd could've charged for the Shell... then the gays complain...

Neosd Could've been French... and the forum would call them bootleggers and scammers....

The device works... you want your device to look "pretty"... then just go out and buy a fucking shell yourself... so STFU....

xROTx

PS. This is ME micro-managing... because you fucks are boring the shit out of me....

EDIT: So Neosd can get a tad "tetchy..."... I don't blame him with the amount of pointless whingeing he has to put up via emails and here...

ANYONE one wants to quote me and argue the point... consider this... It's me....

neo-geo-mvs
03-16-2017, 02:55 PM

Neosd could've put the SD slot on the other side... then the left handed people complain...

Neosd Could've been French... and the forum would call them bootleggers and scammers....

The device works... you want your device to look "pretty"... then just go out and buy a fucking shell yourself... so STFU....

xROTx

PS. This is ME micro-managing... because you fucks are boring the shit out of me....

EDIT: So Neosd can get a tad "tetchy..."... I don't blame him with the amount of pointless whingeing he has to put up via emails and here...

ANYONE one wants to quote me and argue the point... consider this... It's me....

To the point, I like it.

I think NeoSD should just let his product do the talking and not bother feeling he has to respond to every single comment.

Very time consuming and time could spent on things that matter to this product.

greatfunky
03-16-2017, 03:04 PM

xROTx

Sooo agree with you Rot

lachlan
03-16-2017, 03:50 PM
Next stupid question gets a ban for a week.

Rot
03-16-2017, 04:05 PM
Next stupid question gets a ban for a week.

Actually... War Room lock.... for whenever i can be bothered to let them out...

xROTx

aku
03-16-2017, 05:24 PM

Xian Xi
03-16-2017, 05:59 PM
I wasn't attacking anyone, just correcting something he said that was completely wrong. I saw his initial post since I'm subscribed to the thread, kind of ironic but as long as you understand where I was coming from. If the PCBs were always able to be reversed then I'm not sure why the issue was brought up in the first place.

phoenixdownita
03-16-2017, 06:23 PM
@neosd

Availability of AES version and average time to ship to USA questions.

I plan to be out mid May and I'd like to know if I were to order one NeoSD AES version in the next couple of days what are the chances that it will be reaching the US in time (say by end of April)? (that's like 1 month and a half more or less)

Just an estimate is fine (correos times that you collected so far are good enough indicators), but if the AES carts still need to be manufactured then knowing when the next batch could be available would help me in deciding if I should just wait it out for a couple of months or so.

Thanks for any answer you may provide.

lachlan
03-17-2017, 04:57 AM
If the PCBs were always able to be reversed then I'm not sure why the issue was brought up in the first place.

I brought it up as a mere observation which spurred some back and forth and ultimately a resolution once it was revealed they could be reversed. All things considered this is the best outcome you could ask for.

Bar81
03-17-2017, 06:01 AM
It's basically the same shell for both AES and MVS neosd version.

Thanks. that's disappointing.

adsa1971
03-17-2017, 06:39 AM
I think it must be me, and the way I am programmed. What is it with the fucking whining? If I am unhappy with life I change it. If I was not happy with the FREE shell I received; then I would buy a cartridge, modify it, and feel happy I had what I wanted. I go home every day, and for at least half an hour marvel at the frickin amazing purchase I made with my NEOSD cart. All this navel gazing is not helping, and pissing me off. I expect better from you lot. You understand the miracle of what we have here compared to the cost of the carts themselves. Step back and think. Awesome has come to the Neo-Geo.

Rot
03-17-2017, 06:55 AM
The product is one of the best NG hardware releases for a LONG time...

It works so well... a LOT of our forum members have it... with no life complaints....

I'm of the opinion I'm getting sick of this fake drama and whingeing... if you have a VALID complaint along technical terms... then go for it...

IF I judge it to be cosmetic or in any way a frivolous complaint... I am considering you may need a breather in the War Room... and the same terms and conditions I gave Oghugo (Please read... (http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?268514-MVS-amp-AES-NEOSD-flash-card-AES-Version-ANNOUNCED-amp-AVAILABLE!!&p=4179853&viewfull=1#post4179853))

xROTx

RAZO
03-17-2017, 07:03 AM
The product is one of the best NG hardware releases for a LONG time...

It works so well... a LOT of our forum members have it... with no life complaints....

I'm of the opinion I'm getting sick of this fake drama and whingeing... if you have a VALID complaint along technical terms... then go for it...

IF I judge it to be cosmetic or in any way a frivolous complaint... I am considering you may need a breather in the War Room... and the same terms and conditions I gave Oghugo (Please read... (http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?268514-MVS-amp-AES-NEOSD-flash-card-AES-Version-ANNOUNCED-amp-AVAILABLE!!&p=4179853&viewfull=1#post4179853))

xROTx

I'm in agreement Rot. I was on the fence about this product for awhile and I have to say that NeoSd has pretty much kept his promise in delivering a quality product with great customer service.

Once I have a little money to mess around with, I will be buying a Aes Version.

Razoola
03-17-2017, 07:17 AM
I kind of agree also but at the same time I feel if someone has an issue with their neosd purchase (cosmetic or not), the forum should be available to them as a voice providing they conduct themselves properly. Somone who is getting the shell for free however is taking this piss if they complain about it.

Maybe it would be an idea if neosd simply offered the NeoSD with or without shell (like originally) so people who may not want the shell can opt out, get the neosd a little cheaper and source their own shell.

Rot
03-17-2017, 07:20 AM
I kind of agree also but at the same time I feel if someone has an issue with their neosd purchase (cosmetic or not), the forum should be availableto them as a voice providing they conduct themselves properly. Somone who is getting the shell for free however is taking this piss if they complain about it.

Maybe it would be an idea if neosd simply offered the NeoSD with or without shell (like originally) so people who may not want the shell can opt out, get the neosd a little cheaper and source their own shell.

EVERY post now... will be scrutinised by me...

Case to case situ... if I judge against people... I will give one warning...

xROTx

PS. Unless of course... you were particularly dumb... and I'm drunk...

EDIT: I am nearly always drunk... just sayin'...

greatfunky
03-17-2017, 07:24 AM
Thanks. that's disappointing.

Neosd team made the right choice, a lots of people here do not imagine the price of a mold, I find already fine that they have decided to make a shell, many others would stay at the pcb.

Now, assuming they had the budget for only one mold
, It was necessary to choose between the mvs or the aes and the most logical choice was the aes for many reason:

1: mvs cartridge can be find at low prices , generally less than the aes

2: mvs are easily openable with screws, the aes are clipped and therefore does not offer easy access to the pcb

3: AES cart being smaller can fit into the mvs, not the reverse.

If you are not happy with your shell, buy on ebay a cheap mvs and took his shell : the one on the picture cost me about 25 euros shipping included.

lachlan
03-17-2017, 07:26 AM
That MVS cart looks good, good job on the SD card access port there.

greatfunky
03-17-2017, 07:29 AM
That MVS cart looks good, good job on the SD card access port there.

thanks , i took the time with a metal file :)

Razoola
03-17-2017, 07:52 AM
Neosd team made the right choice, a lots of people here do not imagine the price of a mold, I find already fine that they have decided to make a shell, many others would stay at the pcb.

Now, assuming they had the budget for only one mold
, It was necessary to choose between the mvs or the aes and the most logical choice was the aes for many reason:

1: mvs cartridge can be find at low prices , generally less than the aes

2: mvs are easily openable with screws, the aes are clipped and therefore does not offer easy access to the pcb

3: AES cart being smaller can fit into the mvs, not the reverse.

If you are not happy with your shell, buy on ebay a cheap mvs and took his shell : the one on the picture cost me about 25 euros shipping included.

No doubt neosd choose the correct design outlook given he only wanted to spend on one mold, I personally would have done almost the same, if I went down the one shell for both route, it makes sence. However, when looking from a business prospective things are different. Then I would have gone with two shells (AES and MVS) and not one hybrid solution. I would have the sdcard placement along the spine in a location on the sticker. This would have opened me to other revenues totally seperate to product held in the shell. Not only could I use the shell for my product, but I could also sell the shells seperately for anyone wanting a replacement AES or MVS shell for their original NeoGeo game. That is quite a large market as we all know.

There is no right or wrong way really, There is a uniqueness to having a hybrid shell that is a very nice touch, but it brings limitations too.

greatfunky
03-17-2017, 08:46 AM
No doubt neosd choose the correct design outlook given he only wanted to spend on one mold, I personally would have done almost the same, if I went down the one shell for both route, it makes sence. However, when looking from a business prospective things are different. Then I would have gone with two shells (AES and MVS) and not one hybrid solution. I would have the sdcard placement along the spine in a location on the sticker. This would have opened me to other revenues totally seperate to product held in the shell. Not only could I use the shell for my product, but I could also sell the shells seperately for anyone wanting a replacement AES or MVS shell for their original NeoGeo game. That is quite a large market as we all know.

There is no right or wrong way really, There is a uniqueness to having a hybrid shell that is a very nice touch, but it brings limitations too.

You're right Raz two shells are better than one , but making molds is not a small issue you can trust me , when i was younger , i was working in a plastic factory in the mold factory section .
It's a risky bet on which I would not make any prognostic because I do not have sales figures.

I'm also agree with you on the point that you mentioned : neosd should offered the NeoSD with or without shell as before (at least the MVS version)

PS : Someone asked me in PM my sticker for the MVS shell , I post it here , if someone else want to use it ....
http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/616153label2.jpg

Reclaimer
03-17-2017, 10:04 AM
... but I could also sell the shells seperately for anyone wanting a replacement AES or MVS shell for their original NeoGeo game. That is quite a large market as we all know.

Let's not get crazy, all of this is niche stuff at best. It took me almost a year to go through the 100 brand new MVS shells I imported, even selling them at less than $10 each people didn't bite. Maybe a big sale to a developer like NGDev could order a lot, but otherwise there isn't a "large market".

RAZO
03-17-2017, 10:25 AM
GF, that MVS NeoSd sticker looks great. I personally would not mind having a MVS version with a MVS shell.

I'M in agreement that Neosd should offer a bare pcb and cart version for those who want to add their own case.

greatfunky
03-17-2017, 11:04 AM
Let's not get crazy, all of this is niche stuff at best. It took me almost a year to go through the 100 brand new MVS shells I imported, even selling them at less than $10 each people didn't bite. Maybe a big sale to a developer like NGDev could order a lot, but otherwise there isn't a "large market".

You raise here another important point : to have the best possible sales , the shells should be equivalent in quality to the original.

I am not sure that someone would like to replace his original shell a little scratched by a new one that has small defects or seems less robust or glossy.

In molds manufacturing there are several levels of quality, for example a mold grade A + made in Switzerland costs a fortune.

The neosd shell is very good and satisfying, but from a technical point of view, we are not at the level of the original SNK standard of Japan in the 90's.

So to sell shells in parallel it would be preferable to use molds even more expensive .... not financially viable in my opinion.

One100bill
03-17-2017, 11:55 AM
All this talk about holes, drills, stickers and I have no idea on how to even get my AES NEOSD going. Ha ha ha! My fault because I'm a total noob when it comes to downloading, uploading, converting, and all of the other technical terminology used to make the NEOSD work. I haven't even opened mine and I received it almost a month ago. Lol...oh well

Someday...someday I'll enjoy it.