Cmvs not saving region

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I have a omega w/ virtual memory card that is not saving the region. I usually set mine as Japan-Arcade and it keeps going back to Europe. My other units usually save the region with the memory card.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I have a omega w/ virtual memory card that is not saving the region. I usually set mine as Japan-Arcade and it keeps going back to Europe. My other units usually save the region with the memory card.

Reset the backup RAM. If that doesn't work, replace the MV1C battery <-- not sure if the Omega uses the battery but mine still had the original installed, so coin cell mod may be required.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I forgot how to reset the back up ram. Is that when you flip the dip switch or can I do that through the unibios?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
You might just need to charge the battery longer.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
The problem is that the MV1C leaks current from the backup circuit like crazy. A normal CR232 only last about ~5days.

I had to put a huge 4400Mah battery pack and charging circuit in my CMVS.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The problem is that the MV1C leaks current from the backup circuit like crazy. A normal CR232 only last about ~5days.

I had to put a huge 4400Mah battery pack and charging circuit in my CMVS.

It depends on the brand of RAM. Some RAM types will last less than two weeks while others, 2-3 years.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I forgot how to reset the back up ram. Is that when you flip the dip switch or can I do that through the unibios?

IIRC press BCD on bootup, select hardware test. You should see color bars. If you press 1P Start it will go through a few tests and eventually you'll have the option to clear the memory by pressing ABC or something like that.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Thank guys. I'll reset the backup ram and if that doesn't work I'll try messing with battery next time I open the unit.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I have this issue since day 1, and I get used to it..................

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Maybe in the next unibios I should do a check on MVS hardware that if the region and other settings are not found in backup RAM to see if they exist in the memory card.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Maybe in the next unibios I should do a check on MVS hardware that if the region and other settings are not found in backup RAM to see if they exist in the memory card.

That would be amazing!!