Consolized MV2F, display issues

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Hi

I consolized my MV2F board using a Neobitz encoder. It works, however when connected using component, it shows diagonal lines, that lean to the left and seem to move. I am thinking it's some kind of interference, but no idea how to solve it. I have tested on an LCD Samsung display and on a Sony PVM, issue looks the same on both.

THanks for any help.

Vendest

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Could it be your tv thinking the signal is interlaced instead of progressive?

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
It would be strange that both the TV and the PVM thought the same. Also, other component devices show image fine on both monitors.

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member
What PSU are you using? Is it one of those arcade ones?

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
It would be strange that both the TV and the PVM thought the same. Also, other component devices show image fine on both monitors.

That can't be it - the PVM doesn't "think" of it one way or another. Interlacing is a property of field timing and nothing more.

Check that grounds for all cables are connected properly. Interference from other sources (like mains power, or audio, or other nearby video sources) will cause diagonal lines, among other things.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
What PSU are you using? Is it one of those arcade ones?

No, I am using a standard 9V@2A power adapter, connected through a voltage regulator identical to this (to lower everything to 5V): http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-5V-12V-2...9446b7ab7e27487bca4e5a&pid=100507&rk=1&rkt=1&

That can't be it - the PVM doesn't "think" of it one way or another. Interlacing is a property of field timing and nothing more.

Check that grounds for all cables are connected properly. Interference from other sources (like mains power, or audio, or other nearby video sources) will cause diagonal lines, among other things.

Thanks Mike, I will check every ground connection to see if thinks improve.